[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: saroo.jpg (457 KB, 960x720)
457 KB
457 KB JPG
saturnbros, do any of you own one of these bad boys? Just impulse-bought one from china last night.
>>
>SARS
>SGHYDGY loader
>Shardt game
>>
>>10881018
please do not make fun of my chink cart.
>>
>>10881015
I don't own one but supposedly it works well as a flash cart and I think is the fastest/most affordable option over an ODE. Good looks anon, try loading some games on it and see what works
>>
>>10881015
I'm going to buy one soon, I'm not interested in the version that somes with a pre-loaded chinky SD card though and plan to use my own. Do you set it up just like a regular flash cart?
>>
This thing btfos all of the odes and satiator. But the thing is, this truth has yet to set in. Fenrir and satiator are still king of the market. So basically this is a huge trolling opportunity because people are dropping hundreds on obsolete satiators and shit. In fairness, saroo doesn't support online games because it takes up the cart slot. But to be fair you could just burn disks for that stuff
>>
>>10881015
never heard of these before. it's really cool to know that theres an option for saturn that doesnt involve soldering. post a review when it comes in, anon. curious to see how the chinks did on this one
>>
File: file.png (24 KB, 1048x143)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>10881015
I've been waiting on one for a little while now, it's taking longer than my normal aliexpress orders and it's been annoying. Just an hour ago I checked and it said arriving today (the 25th) and an hour later it now says the 26th. Whatever.

Once I do get it I'm going to be trying all kinds of things, playing with the fast loading and testing some games out and I plan to share what it's like with /vr/.
>>
So this is like the Action Replay cart trick except it plays the games directly from the cart instead of burned CDs? That sounds real fuckin neato
>>
>>10881312
Yeah and it allows for things like using the cart slot speed to load games and the cart also has 1m/4m ram expansions and behaves like a memcardpro where every game gets a fresh save slot with no concerns for other games.

It is however still in development and lots of games have problems with things like the unlocked loading speed so who knows. The coverage on it has been sparse but thats why I wanna play with it myself.
>>
>>10881015
SAR did you redeem cartridge
>>
>>10881015
I would do but since it's some dodgy chinky product I feel like if it arrived and it was fucked I'd just lose my money. I've got my saturn plugged in and it's still working but most of the time I'll just emulate for convenience.
>>
>>10881324
damm well keep us updated. I have a pseudo kai but I still have to burn discs which is annoying so I'd love to be able to just play off of a cart instead
>>
>>10881015
I got mine in the mail on Monday. It's great. Compatibility wise it's working very well so far. Been playing Albert's Odyssey which is awesome. Magical Princess Rayearth was the only game giving me trouble after the first long ass cutscene, the dialogue would take like 2 minutes for it to let me proceed before playing, then crashed after saving. but its working fine after I loaded the save again. The load times are very fast with the Saroo. I'd highly recommend it. Psuedo Saturn was cool while it lasted but this is unironically the future. Fuck Fenrir Fuck Mode and Fuck the Satiator. Affordability has arrived.
>>
>>10881469
Magical Knight** my bad. Point still stands. I'm glad I never bought any other ODE.
>>
>>10881015
>bought one
>show pic with dozens of boxes.
Scalpers like you shouldn't be allowed online.
>>10881024
KYS!! Scalper trash,because of people like you gaming got ruined.
>but i have to earn money
Stop spending and save it on your account fag.
>>
>>10881492
He pulled a picture from online dipshit. If he bought it from China today he wouldn't have a picture of it
>>
>>10881085
the brand name sd cards probably come from the same factory you mentally retarded nigger
>>
>>10881085
most of the sellers have something in the description like "message us for the firmware if you dont select an SD card".
>>
>>10881492
>Scalpers like you shouldn't be allowed online.
i took it from a listing lol. as i said i bought it last night, it aint arriving from china for awhile. Estimate is 5/3-5/10.
>>
File: 1707610161519174.jpg (38 KB, 524x331)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>10881015
the saroo seems interesting
i have a few spare disc drive saturns that could make use of it
but i still have all my burned discs and psuedocart

i also have my fenrir setup which i use the most honestly
i think ill grab a saroo once the kinks get ironed out
i dont want to have to fuck with config files and other gay shit
i want to move my existing games from my other backup solutions drag and drop

>>10881228
segalordx did a vid on it
>>
Oh shit, these don't seem to cost that much either. Definitely gonna give this a look.
>>
>>10881492
Could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible to scalp an open source project like this. If someone starts hoarding, another Chinese factory can just start manufacturing.
>>
>>10882953
This. Chinese factories have the amazing ability to instantly start producing things using their unlimited excess capacity. And thanks to their precognitive super powers they can do this the instant one person buys more than one of something. Although it's hardly any use, as autistic children are famous for their patience and never impulse buy or overpay.
>>
>>10881015
Considering how shoddy Chinese Action Replay and Pseudo Saturn carts are I really don't trust a full on flash cart. I'd rather spend the money on a Fenrir or a Satiator. Also I find the fact that the main sellers are butchering perfectly good Saturns to make slimmed down "Saroo only" consoles absolutely disgusting.
>>
More for me, I'll have finished the game by the time you load in on your piece of shit satiator. Meanwhile my fully intact Saturn will only gain value as more consoles are mutilated by saroo's dominance
>>
>>10883185
I'd rather not see Saturn's destroyed to be put in hideous 3D printed caes. And my Satiator will actually load the game while it's questionable if your Saroo actually will or not. There's no guarantee all games will actually perform correctly with the CD-ROM block being inaccurately emulated. Which is why it has far worse compatibility.
>>
>>10883217
I'm just shitposting yeah those modded Saturns look like absolute ass. I hope they're not selling. But saroo was compatible with practically nothing a year ago, now it's almost water tight. A few months ago no one was talking about saroo as a serious competitor to the most popular ode solutions. Now it's just undeniable what's taking place
>>
>>10883224
It's up to about 90% compatibility. Usually in these projects that final 10% will take the longest to fix. So I'm still skeptical that completely emulating what's effectively a black box will work as well as other solutions. If it does I'll be pleasantly surprised, but for now it's still just in the "it's an interesting curiosity" category.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.