[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000016956.jpg (1.79 MB, 4096x3072)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
I bought a HDMI adapter for my PS2 (PS2 To HDMI) and i noticed a problem, all the colors are slightly messed up. For example, the colors that are supposed to be blue are green, the actual green looks very grayish, the purple looks brown, the yellow is very bright and desaturated, the pink and orange looks like a peach color, while red is the only one that doesn't change apparently. I've seen videos of other people using the same product and didn't have the colors were all correct. I even bought a new one from another brand (Bitfunx) and yet the same happens there. Does anyone knows why that is and how can i fix it?
>>
bro that's namek
>>
go into your tvs color settings and increase the warmth
>>
File: 1699503149526894.png (102 KB, 385x249)
102 KB
102 KB PNG
>>10881845
That's cheating.
>>
>>10881843
Nope, that's Earth. If it was Namek the grass would look green. On Earth, the grass is supposed to be light green, but because of my problem, its like a swamp dark green. I can give more examples of other games
>>
Grab a gbs-c and a cheap shitty PS2 scart cable off of Amazon. That's the cheap way to do this right since that seems to be your goal
>>
>>10881838
How was your PS2 connected before? Did you mess the video out settings?
You could try setting it back to RGB if it was accidentally set to Y Cb/Pb CR/Pr
>>
>>10881937
Before i installed the adapter, it was set to RGB because i used to play using the AV cables on the CRT of my parents (wich they don't have anymore). After i installed, i knew it was necessary to set it to Y Cb/Pb CR/Pr because the guy of the store told me so. So yeah, it is set to that option, RGB won't display anything if it is set on.
>>
File: file.png (269 KB, 1008x450)
269 KB
269 KB PNG
>>10881937
Usually those hdmi converters are bisexual so this setting doesn't matter for them

>>10881838
guessing you got that really shitty one for like $16 right? I use these from china, they are retrotink2x clones (literally the same thing plus a power switch) and will make your PS2 games look far better.
>>
>>10882094
Well, i do have the option to spend more money on some other adapter yet again. My point is, if you look at any comparison video, the "PS2 To HDMI" will be there and it's colors gonna be right, which is not the case of mine. I also have the bitfunx HDMI adapter, that i bought thinking it wouldn't have the same problem because it is considered a better adapter than the others of it's kind. I may also note an important detail, at the edge of every object being displayed, the colors are displayed correctly but only by some pixels, like it is offset or something.
>>
>>10882134
Anything that converts analog to digital that isn't a specialty product is going to be dog shit. Most people will be happy with color bleed and noise. There's no incentive at all to build these things well anymore. Your options for a clean picture are products like the tink clone mentioned above, gbs-c, even more exotic things like a 5x, etc. Bitfunx is not a source of superior quality, they just put their name on all of these Chinese electronics, so that HDMI box is nothing special
>>
>>10881845
Why would I want my TV to run hotter
>>
>>10882134
so the "just leave everything to your TV" isn't an option for you?.
i still don't get why some go around with "i need this trink to display my notebook in 2 monitors side by side" or "i need this trink to upscale my old console" when most solutions are out of the box in several cases.
>want to display your notebook twice just simply connect it to a monitor and use the notebook monitor plus the TV.
>want to upscale,no need for expensive stuff just simply connect your console to TV and the TV will do everything on it's own from downscaling to upscaling since modern monitors and TV can do that without problems unless shitty assembled in murrica that are missing components otherwise no issue at all (my led TV adjusts itself to any resolution on it's own either be connecting WII,xbox,ps2 or whatever i own it will be displayed in the resolution native of the console like the WII displaying at 560p and no i just have my LED TV and nothing else)
>>
>>10882292
Tvs don't have these inputs anymore. So if you have a nice new tv, your options are a shit box converter, or if you notice how crappy it looks, then you can buy nerd shit
>>
>>10882292
>shitty assembled in murrica
Everything bad I've ever used has been chinese
And everything I've ever used that was made in America actually worked as intended and came with a 2 year warranty
>>
>>10881838
>Does anyone knows why that is and how can i fix it?
Yes, your chinky adapter is cheap. How you fix it is creating a custom calibration for that input and fixing the colors on your TV manually.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.