[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

How come STR doesn't reduce the action point cost of heavy melee weapons?

How come INT is so bad of a stat to dump? It doesn't even have an 8 INT feat, let alone one that requires 10.

How come CON maxing still doesn't have its unique fun aspect?

For being main stats, they are sorely contentless
>>
>>3422238
Stats are a feat tax in underrail.
>>
>>3422238
Not a real expansion
Shit content
Shit dev
Back to your discord cesspit, tranny
>>
>>3422238
>How come STR...
A higher strength means more damage for all melee weapons. A high strength means a higher Melee skill, with gives you more damage and accuracy. If strength also let you swing Sledehammer / swords faster, the damage increase would be massive. Just get a Tichrome sledge + lifting belt + tabi boots if yo want to swing a hammer more.
>How come INT...
Because crafting is important on higher difficulties, and you pretty much need it for Psi builds. I would like if dumping INT didn't feel like gimping your character on higher difficulties, but it is what it is
>How come CON...
Play on a higher difficulty where tanking is harder to do. Being a ConTincanChad on DOM is cool. There's builds that go for 18 CON and just chuck grenades at their feet to kill enemies.

Anyway, 6/10 game. Good combat, everything else is serviceable.
>>
>>3422937
>Good combat
Lets not get carried away. This is not a combatfag game. One shotting things while running backwards is not good combat.
>>
>>3422424
>Not a real expansion
He's backporting features from Underrail Infusion to Underrail 1.
>>
>>3422238
never played this hack of a game, is it any good?
>>
>>3423083
No.
>>
File: Gyp_l.png (21 KB, 100x100)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
Humiliation ritual
>>
This game would be fun to replay if you cut out 30+ hours worth of content.
>>
>>3423083
Yes but go blind and make your own build as you go along, don't look up recommended builds by autists online to trivialize the game
>>
>>3423083
Just play on normal and always level up your main offense ability.
>>
>>3423197
>Humiliation ritual
is this the new buzzword?
>>
>>3422238
for every point in INT you have above 5 enemy TC attacks do 10% more damage to you
>>
>>3423719
And that matters when letting a TC land his attacks on you means instant death, because....?
>>
>>3422238
>why is INT bad to dump?
it honestly saves a lot both in points and money costs. Even for non-psifags you'd prob want at least 5 min for armor sloping if your not doing MAX armor penalty Tincan and special ammo W2C mostly can be essential to craft with Disassemble helping get attachments.
Hell even hammerfags prob want 7 INT for skinner if they're not tin canning.

>How come CON maxing still doesn't have its unique fun aspect?
I haven't tried Gunner high heal tanking. There's honestly not to much you can do with Con though that's not either tanking, super slam maxing, or Crit maxing besides maybe doing a blood wizard. I'm not sure what your expecting for it though

>How come STR
see this anon >>3422937 and it make heavy hitting weapons be a straight upgrade compared to knives in almost every way.
>>
>>3422238
>How come STR doesn't reduce the action point cost of heavy melee weapons?
Dont know, ask Styg.
>How come INT is so bad of a stat to dump?
It's really not, low INT makes crafting a pain in the ass and wont allow to get Expose Weakness if you're a melee build for example
>It doesn't even have an 8 INT feat, let alone one that requires 10
What? Explain.
Being unkillable and super slamming for gorillon damage is fun.
>>
>>3423083
Yes if you're only there for the combat and build autism.
Don't expect any meaningful roleplay outside your name, your character picture and the motiff you're going for.
>>
Have miniguns been fixed yet?
>>
File: 1663151890286375.jpg (20 KB, 260x260)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>3422238
>>
>>3424081
>What? Explain.
No feat requries that high up stuff
>>3424129
I know "dumping" is usually stated as "leave it be, don't raise it" for gaming lingo, but dumps like trash dumps are quite literally the opossite and you want to dump all of the trash in it. I used the later meaning.
Point is, unless you are doing energy pistol memes, its not worth a dang
>>
>>3424756
>No feat requries that high up stuff
Yeah, and I fail to see a problem with that.
>>
>>3424761
Well that is the problem stygger
I want to see some retarded 200+ quality crafting armor and weapons
>>
>>3424766
Yeah that would be cool
>>
>>3424766
Crafting is already compulsory and ubiquitous to build theorycrafting as is.
>>
File: drag n drop empty.png (408 KB, 922x705)
408 KB
408 KB PNG
honk mimimi
>>
>>3424766

I mean you can already do this if you really wanted to, there's just no point because at 160 you are already fucking god mode.
>>
>>3425069
>>3425691
I mean, that's just the base idea
Im talking more about modding stuff to unreal degrees, like a rapid reloader that can trigger without limits, or a shock knife that can actually deal 100% electric damage , stuff like that
>>
>>3424756
>Point is, unless you are doing energy pistol memes, its not worth a dang
It is worth a dang, some builds are skill point starved and can't afford to dump INT.
>>
>>3423203
just skip optional stuff you dont like then
>>
File: file.png (92 KB, 363x237)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
How the fuck do i heal that much hp? I can either choose between one of those blue feats or something different. I am lvl 26.
>>
>>3426921
At that point, just a medic will do.
>>
>>3426921
Brother, pascale will heal you for literally free
>>
>>3427107
>>3427114
but i cant just stop my mission and walk 30 minutes to the nearest doctor. Is the doctor perk any good? So far i have been spamming big med shots and bandages after that so i can continue my work. I am however tempted in rolling back a save and picking +2 constitution constitution instead of doctor just because.
>>
>>3422238
Yeah, stats being so irrelevant compared to SPECIAL makes the builds feel so much less different from each other.
>>
>>3427125
>Is the doctor perk any good?
It's QoL feat, Fast Metab is better but if you dont have anything more intresting to take, then pick it
>So far i have been spamming big med shots and bandages after that so i can continue my work
Tank life is expensive man, hug any Doctor you find anytime you can
>I am however tempted in rolling back a save and picking +2 constitution constitution instead of doctor just because.
Do it, you cannot heal yourself if you die, and being more tanky in a game that rewards damage output feels very good
>>
>>3426921
>regen vest
>bandages
>heal modifiers (like fast metab)
>marsh honey
>the hundreds of hypos you've liberated from enemy corpses
>>
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/infusion/devlogs/8-weapons-and-trash.html
>>
>>3426682
>just skip all the walking back and forth and other stuff that's mandatory for progression's sake
Disingenuous cunt.
>>
File: 1689914631933767.gif (2.6 MB, 498x373)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB GIF
>>3427800
>due to their heaviness they will require you to spend a lot of stamina
>>
>>3427800
theres not much
you're thinking about optional quests that you're assuming are mandatory
>>
>>3427995
>making a point the game is full of padding and filler
>"UM, ACKSHUALLY-"
You and the hammerfaggot are without a doubt the most autistic poster in these threads.
>>
>>3429179
Lmao
I live in your head rent free

And no, I'm hammerchad, thank you very much
>>
File: BASED STYG.png (56 KB, 750x331)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
Why is he like this?
>>
File: I love this man.jpg (77 KB, 581x611)
77 KB
77 KB JPG
I've decided to go down his X feed a bit, you know what? I can't hate this man. I've forgiven him for the PSI nerf.
Love ya Stygger, no homo.
>>
>>3429179
*somebody* is autistic
>>
>>3427800
>walking back and forth
just increase the game speed silly.
>other stuff that's mandatory for progression's sake
such as?
>>3429179
give some examples of this filler&padding that's mandatory. maybe it's just that you cannot tell the difference between mandatory and optional content.
>>
File: full Toxicity.png (3 KB, 346x76)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
any meme spec's that should get a buff in infusion or changed, honestly I feel most damage buff specs kinda overlap too much with each other or are straight up useless
>pic semi related
>>
>>3427773
How many YEARS until this thing releases?
>>
>>3430401
2 years
>>
>>3430401
theres no telling
just dont hold your breath
>>
>>3430353
you now remember nitrogen gas grenades and pistols
>>
>>3430401
2030 at the earliest.
>>
>>3430701
I wish cryo grenades could freeze enemies instantly if shot at. It would make them have more utility then being a worse gas grenade in all circumstances
>>
File: Z729_l.png (25 KB, 100x100)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
should I do a chem weapons build? I wanted to try a hard playthrough but I dont' know if anything will top the fun I had with a heavy weapons build.
>>
>>3433674
You should, the early is tricky cause you need to get to crafting ASAP and to get anything that isn't an acid pistol , you gotta use the merchant refresh or waste a lot of time
>>
File: 20210227165920_1.jpg (242 KB, 1024x768)
242 KB
242 KB JPG
>>3433674
I know one thing that can.
Do it
Burn it all
>>
File: terminator.png (199 KB, 1858x795)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
I finally got back to playing my minigun build because I dont think we're getting a minigun fix. Decided to go ahead and get the grey army base over with, and honestly it wasnt even fun. Despite using a minigun (glashag) and spamming bursts every single turn, getting shot and exploded every turn, I still walked out with x10 more ammo and meds than I used (probably more than that, honestly). I'm going to slooooowly press on and get through the game so I can finally do heavy duty, as I refuse to do it with anything other than a heavy guns build the first time. Then I'll probably go do it with some of my other late/end game characters. I'm really hoping heavy duty is gonna be as fun with a minigun tank as I imagine it to be; the rest of the game (except maybe some of the bigger native fights, which im saving for last, and maybe the nevil fight) just can't scratch the itch.
>>
>>3423197
All you have to do is delete a certain file in the game folder and she will never spawn. I'll let you figure out which one to delete.
>>
>>3426921
>the man responsible for genociding the entirely of south underrail is Sam Hyde
Why won't anyone stop him?
>>
File: Dreadnought.png (13 KB, 100x141)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>3422238
redpill me on dex sword builds for my first run on DOMINATING
considering survival instincts+ripper+fancy footwork but i feel i'm spread too thin without enough points left for going above 10 dex for damage
>>3434803
buy and bring lots of repair kits, AP ammo or 12.7 contaminated(shoot regular 12.7 in non-boss fights or rocks to get lots of casings to craft it), good luck
>>
>>3435774
focus more on survivability for your first time
here's a really good build, but maybe not so much for a newb
better than an SI build though
>>
>>3435774
>>3435780
https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=7739.0
>>
>>3435774
>redpill me on dex sword builds for my first run on DOMINATING
don't. it's just a bad knigger build with flurry.
>>
>>3435774
DEX sword is gay
Just go STR like a real man
N1 tip is to know that you don't need flurry to win
>>
>>3438025
I would drop gunner's high and pack rathound for power management, psycho-temporal acceleration, or paranoia
premed is really good but it's hard to tell how useful your metathermics actually is
also you don't need guns skill for full auto the character builder is wrong
>>
>>3438025
obviously you are trying to combo gunner's high with abomination tattoo but a good regenerative vest heals to 70% as well and does 5x the healing of max stacks high without having to bother with actually having stacks
>>
>>3438031
The builder for reason isn't up to date with certain feat requirements like heavy guns counting towards full auto.I have points there just so I know I have those feats.
Mostly I just like getting MT towards about 140 effective since that's the threshold for destabilization bombs to be at 100%. Other than that though I mostly use MT for utility rather than damage, for jetski fights especially. I just can't decide if having a free plasma bean be worth it compared to another burst if I don't have enough PSI by the end of destabilization and using contraction
>>
>>3438033
I like to run sturdy vests usually though I may change it. I just generally don't use Regen vests alot of times due to coil spiders being annoying as fuck to deal with if I know I have to go through an area with them. Though at least having max dissemble let's me change out vests on the fly right now
>>
>>3438045
2 turns of regeneration is almost as much hp as a sturdy vest with metabolism
you are stacking crazy amounts of max hp already
this is what regenerative was made for precisely
it's also extremely convenient using batteries to heal instead of carrying around 50 bandages
>>
>>3434805
I deleted her gypsy file and she still spawned, am I fucked? And seriously what do her charms do?
Also where do I find Leprechaun event and can I just artificially dial back my computer's time to force it to spawn?
>>
File: coral.png (332 KB, 381x415)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
>>3438098
>>
>>3438076
Sure but the initial HP boost is useful at tanking that one big hit snipers can sometimes do if I didn't preemptively took morphine. Plus I do actually have movement but mostly I've been switching out vests with dissemble if any fight an enemy can emp me.
[spoilers] after fights you can heal up quickly by just swapping out armor to lose the heal bonus then just re equip it again. On Dom I have only about 350 health without Juggernaut. [/spoiler]
I also hit the jackpot with a 159quality sturdy vest
>>
File: tanking balor.png (756 KB, 1120x630)
756 KB
756 KB PNG
>>3438182
snipers shouldnt be doing much to you if youre wearing full metal
sturdy is for lighter characters
>>
>>3438840
Aight thought I be fine tanking with just metal armor and Full Metal. Though I haven't gotten Balors hammer yet and for the most part just using morphine let's me tank most stuff right now it at like almost 70%DR and 30 something DT with just my current metal set.
Gonna making a super steel on soon
>>
>>3422960
As opposed to shooting or attacking things while walking backwards in real time like Stalker?
>>
>>3422960
Gunfag issue
>>
I've decided to replay it and finally use magic.
I'm running around the map like an idiot reloading every encounter dozens of times because I don't do damage and get one shot from pretty much everything. I feel like I'm playing it wrong, it has turned into luck based puzzle game where I hope to catch 3 enemies on fire and slow down 2 more while trying to stun some immune to everything fat fuck that attacks 4 times in one turn, but most of my stuns cost half my AP and go away if I deal damage of course. I mean I did the same as a stealth archer, but at least I dealt enough damage I think. I have a feeling that regular guns or melee is better than a diplomatic magic nerd that can craft items that he doesn't use.
>>
>>3439419
What's your build anon. Are you doing pure PSI or hybrid PSI since it sounds like your doing MT and TC
Once you get pre-med things usually go a lot more smoother
>>
>>3429215
For me it's the other way, the more I read the more i picture him like a delusional serbian retard I would debate on /his/.
>>
File: hole.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080)
297 KB
297 KB JPG
>>3438098
Leprechaun spawns in the three areas north of Rail Crossing train station, and the area east of bunker/west of flooded vault.
Changing your PC clock does work, but you only get one chance for him to spawn per area, checked the first time you enter each one. If you've already been to all of them then you're screwed.
The same rules apply to the other three random caves, aside from them not having a time of year requirement. Important for some characters who might want the beetle caves for their loot.
>>
File: 1563143163918.gif (49 KB, 540x408)
49 KB
49 KB GIF
>>3439625
Seethe some more.
>>
>>3439556
Basically no points invested in combat skills other than psi with effective MT around 100 now, TC a bit less and PK is at 30 or something. I barely even use TC, fear helps sometimes if not resisted. No stealth, no traps, no throwing needed for grenades. Can't take out Lurkers or Ironheads if there's 3+ of them which is usually the case. Was thinking of making low-medium shields and chemweapons, but with no weapon skill those will be a waste probably.
Also had a question about a cell key in free Maura quest, wanted to use a bodybag since I figired out the timing to avoid being spotted, but that key didn't work on any doors in there.
>>
Does Underrail have that same weird mechanic with WotR where leaving enemies/containers with items on them cause the save files/memory to bloat thereby leading to longer/larger save files?

I've been looting and cleaning every enemy regardless but it just sucks having to recycle everything.

>>3439656
Can you open your map so I know where this is? I might have been here b4, idk desu
>>
>>3439777
Do you have 10 Wil bumping up TC to get LOC will help a lot since you can mass stun/enrage enemies but if your still at depot A than you might be spreading yourself to thin.
Pure PSI can work but your main go to for that is going Psychosis for crits.
Really no stealth is what's prob messing you up the most since PSI makes you more squishy.
Other than that I don't know else to tell you since I don't know what feats you have. Though with PK and MT getting enough melee for expose can help with implosion/shatter kills
>>
>>3439625
>t. tranny jew
>>
>>3439876
I think that the bigger issue is having to save every tile you've explored individually(with it's corresponding light value) and you can't really solve that. Either way you could test clearing out several enemy camps in different sections of the map and comparing the save's size before and after taking every shiny from their bodies.
For reference i've explored every tile and area on 2 savefiles(both DLCs) with 118/121mb respectively, looted everything except several natives.
>>
>>3439876
>where leaving enemies/containers with items on them cause the save files/memory to bloat thereby leading to longer/larger save files?
Yes.
>>
>>3423684
Conspiracy theory, technically, but yes.
>>
>>3433489
I would see it as acceptable if CON reduction could be stacked to 1 with enough exposure to the N2.
>>
>>3439876

The area he is highlighting is right outside the hanging rat bar
>>
Well, didn't read the thread but allow me to interject, if I may:

This is my 3rd attempt at playing this game. Made some sneaky character who uses crossbows. 10 agi, 7 dex, 7 per and 5 5 int wis. 20 crossbows and 15 throwing, 0 melee rest doesn't matter

So questions:
Can I go on like this? The idea is using the crossbow because I'm stealthy and use grenades and traps for groups. Does that work?
I've noticed though that the ratmen just rush me and, even with my 0 melee skill, attacking with knives or gloves still gives me a 70-95% chance to hit.
Should I invest in melee or can I pump the stunning blow psi ability and use that instead of melee?

Also any tips to stealth? So I just stealth around, hit a guy for normal damage and that's it? Proceed to fight as normal? I don't have many resources other than shooting at the start of the game
>>
>>3440560
you can stealth past the rats, or lay traps in stealth for when they come at you
you can shoot through fences
you can get aimed shot at 1st level
>>
>>3440573
I did get aimed shot but say,
If there two rats, do I just shoot one and then deal with the other? Because apparently you can also duck behind cover and stealth again. But how do I know if that will work? Sometimes they follow me and sometimes not
>>
>>3440579
if they dont see you for 5 turns, you can end combat, but they'll still be orange and will still head towards where they last saw you (or where you are now; I cant remember)

I would just lay down traps ahead of time anytime you expect a fight
xbow is the best build to use traps with
the typical way to handle fights with xbow is start with snipe and/or aimed shot, then start using special bolts
shock can stun enemies, incendiary can set them on fire, both of which gives you some extra time
>>
File: locations.png (271 KB, 1067x515)
271 KB
271 KB PNG
>>3439876
Leprechaun hole can spawn in any of these four areas. You've probably been to at least a few of them already. Maybe all of them. Hopefully not.
>>3440560
Melee will very quickly become useless if you don't pump it. And you shouldn't, if you want crossbows then stick with just crossbows.
You probably shouldn't use psi to attack (using temporal to buff is always good) but if you do, metathermics is more useful than psychokinesis to you. Metathermics has a lot of splash damage and that's useful on crossbows. You already have grenades but having psi grenades as well is useful.
Stealth will start paying off when you get ambush feat. You stealth into position in the dark and then throw a molotov at the bad guys. Now they're illuminated so ambush activates and you get a giant critical chance bonus. Enough to hit 100% crit if you have enough stealth/other good equipment. Really good, especially since crossbows rely on special bolt crits to kill enemies with high mechanical DR.
>>
>>3429215
>>3429209
>orthodox cuckold
>serbian
>culture warrior

Cringe, but I can't blame him, if I was from Serbia I would develop embarrassing coping mechanisms as well. That said it'll be funny if Infusion ends up flopping because he goes full twitter retard brainrotted and shoves enormous amounts of IRL politics into the game.
>>
>>3440615
also jesus, Infusion is like 5 years away

>yo here's some WIPs of our eventual WIP
>>
>>3440604
>>3440599
Aight, thanks for the tips bros. Here's hoping I can enjoy the game this time.
>>
>>3440055
Well after another level up I got premeditation and leveled TC above MT, it helps, still have to avoid crowds with my 3-4 CON, but I guess I'll have to get more feats, stumbled upon MacLander area and managed to kill only half of Ironheads in there
>>3440560
Early game got few options, but stick to upgrading crossbows and traps, don't need much throwing for grenades. Don't see reason to have psi since you'll have special bolts for that. Later just chain stuns, nets and beartraps and stay near corners, I managed to keep Balor stationary in his room one tile away from me for several turns and no one even noticed.
>>
File: 1544011393372.jpg (40 KB, 297x297)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>3440615
t. too embarrassed to say where he's from
I bet you use a memeflag when you post on /pol/
>>
>>3440767
Which PSI feats do you have already or at least focusing on for your spec points
>>
File: under.jpg (663 KB, 1853x670)
663 KB
663 KB JPG
>>3440922
Here's what I have
>>
>>3441009
DESU your prob not gonna use TM as much as a PSI character. Even with the added AP spell your prob be too starved for slots and PSI reserves in general though you can have it for robot fights when you get plasma beam.
Getting tailoring up for a PSI beetle tac vest is gonna be you next thing for that added 10% reduction. I also recommend going 10 Int just for that added slot with Full PSI.
Your next feat should be LOC though, the utility it has worth it.
Though are you using guns because generally you don't need PER on pure PSI characters
>>
>>3441009
NGL your build is kinda all over the place when it comes stats. Though it looks like your focusing on TC and MT. You can put enough PK just for the trap at 45 skill and and 55 skill for TMs haste.
Other than that you can try justifying the PER you have with a chemical gun as a side and get cooked shit/mad chemist. Prob spec into thermodynamicity for MT spaming and also add neurology as well for more PSI
>>
>>3441139
At the start I thought of using pistols as a backup, but I was missing too much, I'm walking around with energy one and use it rarely. 15 points in TM and 5 in guns is pretty much a waste. Haven't used PK for several levels too.
>>3441169
I'll try to make a chemgun, I got parts sitting in a barrel somewhere
>>
We're lucky if we get it this decade don't we?
>>
>>3441676
He will come crawling back to make another expansion for Underrail instead.
>>
>>3441676
just remember, complaining makes it come faster
>>
How do I make money? Craft stuff and sell at that merchant hub thing?
>>
>>3443679
>How do I make money?
Kill mans, take cash
KILL!
>>
>>3443805
What cash? I only get animal parts
>>
>>3443679
people have stuff
kill people
take their stuff
sell stuff
>>
>>3443679
How much do you have and how much do you think you need?
I'd say a lot of it comes from quests, mercantile increases rewards sometimes. Other than that just sell guns and armor.
>>
>>3444072
I have 500 bucks. Im not sure how much I need since everything is so expensive. I e just been refraining from buying anything other than one or two blueprints
>>
>>3444114
How far are you into the game? If you mean 500 SGS credits near the start then it's not bad, I'd say only buy something you absolutely need like ammo and utility, maybe weapon or armor if you really think your current ones are worse. It's better to explore and find good loot instead of buying in my opinion.
>>
>>3422238
Is it worth to play this if I love classic fallout games? Or is it too much a "dark souls version" of fallout? I'm ok with good combat mechanics and shit, but I mostly want interesting dialogues and quests that are not only an excuse for you to explore the map.
>>
>>3444293
Probably and yes in terms of being outnumbered most of the time and esoteric requirements to unlock secret quests/encounters. Buy both DLCs so styg can afford his cevapcici and don't be afraid to restart if your build isn't working out. Don't read the wiki on your first playthrough
How's fallout 1 like later on? I got filtered by it in the early game but got hooked on underrail even if my first playthrough on normal was a hell march because i went melee without a ranged option
>>
Why hasn't anyone made a respect mod to help us newbies yet
this is quite gay
>>
>>3444293
>Is it worth to play this if I love classic fallout games?
I'd say yes, but it's not really much alike. In underrail combat is mandatory, for example, so don't fool yourself into believing that you can speech yourself out of trouble (sometimes you'll be able to) or sneak by every single enemy (many times you'll be able to).
>I mostly want interesting dialogues and quests that are not only an excuse for you to explore the map.
Then you should give it a try. Normal is the correct difficulty for a new player.
>>
>>3440560
Crossbow like sniper just wants max PER
No other way around it. AGI for stealth is fine too
>>3444293
Perhaps. This game is heavy on the gameplay and the n1 reason to play it, however.
>>
File: file.png (1.74 MB, 1920x1080)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
How do I deal with this situation as a stealth main?
>>
>>3445083
The answer is to always to throw grenades. There is zero depth to the game. If you are stuck that is the only answer. You either steamroll an encounter with your build, throw a grenade, or go somewhere else to get more grenades.
>>
>>3445083
If you have hacking and the turret is still serviceable, lure them outside and have the turret soften them up for you.
Otherwise make use of those nades you have. Or return later with better gear, you don't have to save those fags.
>>
>>3445092
but if I can't beat these guys how will I survive depot A or whatever
do I just splurge on nades?
>>
>>3445083
get the card and get out
or
hack the turret and lock yourself in the room after luring them out towards it

depot A has no hostages, so you can just stealth past enemies
>>
File: lurkers.jpg (421 KB, 1157x687)
421 KB
421 KB JPG
damn
>>
File: 9.png (936 KB, 1920x1080)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>3445281
show those niggers who's boss
>>
Yo how do I get metal to make bear traps? Does anyone sell it anywhere or can you craft it?
>>
>>3445102
>>3445083
Depot A doesn't have a mandatory boss fight, you can sneak through the whole thing.
That fight isn't mandatory either, the key card is in one of the other rooms. You can just take it and leave.
>>
>>3445317
You can get metal scraps from recycling weapons that have low selling value with the recycle item crafting blueprint. You should be using scraps to make repair kits though, those are expensive and bear traps are cheap. Old Jonas always sells lots of bear traps.
>>
Can I really not get Bilocation anymore if I didn't do proper junkyard quests?
>>
>>3445386
Not metal scraps, it just says metal. No idea where to get this. I guess for the bear traps I'll just buy them though
>>
>>3445431
It's steel plates and other similar things
>>
>>3445423
You can go to the island on a jet ski. Go west from the rig.
>>
>>3445434
but how...?
>>
>>3445449
You can't melt metal scraps into plates in your pockets you know. Those are found in the wild.
>>3445447
Thanks, I haven't touched expedition stuff yet
>>
File: file.png (781 KB, 1920x1080)
781 KB
781 KB PNG
>>3445457
Oh I found it for sale, finally
>>
So what would happen if stat requirements for feats were significantly reduced? Wouldn't that achieve Styg's goal of not having entirely pre-planned and metagamed builds? AFAIK he intends the game to played organically, not planned out before character creation.
>>
>>3445467
Aside from veteran feats you can get almost any feat even if you start with the lowest possible score.
Do you have any feat in mind or was this just some random shitpost?
>>
>>3445467
That wouldn't change much since you'd still be raising the best stat for the weapon you want to use and picking all the mandatory feats for that weapon.
The answer to making the game play organically instead of requiring planning is to offload special attacks into the base combat system and get rid of +damage feats altogether. Leave the feat system as only things like Armor Sloping, Brutality, Suppressive Fire, Sprint, Pack Rathound, Tinkering etc etc, stuff that you don't NEED to take but are still powerful. On the dev blog Styg said that sledgehammers will have Pummel by default in infusion and the other weapons will also have multiple modes of attack out of the box, it remains to be seen if he's doing this to cut back on weapon/damage feats or if the game will release with Full Auto Pummel and Critical Pummel.
>>
>>3445551
>weapons will also have multiple modes of attack out of the box
Burst in example will do 1 damage and cost 70 AP but you can take "enhanced burst: +25 damage and -10 AP cost" feat 5 times.
>>
Oddity or Exp?
>>
>>3423083
It was good until the psi rework, which was back in like 2018 or something.
>>
>>3445678
Oddity
>>
>>3445678
ODDITY DOMINATING OR ANYTHING YOU POST IN THIS THREAD DOES NOT MATTER SIMPLE AS
>>
>>3445678
First run? Odity. Because every other run you make will be cheating.
>>
Which route should I go if I want to have a good time with melee?
>>
>>3445852
Easiest: Knife. Can't fuck it up
Best: Sword (STR ofc). Most fun melee can deliver. 2nd runner are fist variations (solo/fist weapon/fist+psi)
>>
>>3423083
Yeah it's good. Play normal/oddity for your first playthrough. Don't let anyone talk you out of something that sounds fun. Anything on normal is viable as long as you don't split your points too thin.
>>
>>3443679
Download Cheat Engine.
Get the Underrail cheats file.
Activate Cheat Engine whenever you are in the trader area and sell all your shit because you can only sell a couple weapons at a time from all the low level shit you WILL end up hoarding.
>>
>>3445851
What does that even mean
>>
>>3445944
Its the way it works. Once you know, you know.
>>
>>3422238
>How come STR doesn't reduce the action point cost of heavy melee weapons?
They need something; light weapons are straight superior
I dont know if that is it, but it would help

>How come INT is so bad of a stat to dump? It doesn't even have an 8 INT feat, let alone one that requires 10.
strange wording
int is a good dump stat for some builds because theres only a few uses for it and some builds just plain dont need it
magic cucks want it for spell slots and regen, but they wont go above 10 (you can go 12 for max slots but thats sub optimal)
only epistols want to go above 10 and im not sure thats the best route for them either

you used to be able to walk around with almost-permanent mech immunity via high con, but that got nerfed
still, 10 (even 12) con builds are very viable
>>
So did Yahota and Chief Briggs... y'know?
>>
>>3422238
Because ConChads don't need it, they already know they are the kings of the tunnels and a terror to all crawlers.
>>
>>3446086
Yep. Yahota wouldn't even be alive without Briggs' cock.
>>
>>3446086
is briggs mechanical down there as well?
>bad mutie 3000
>>
Shut the fuck up, Ladelman! I've had it with your nonsense! I can't take it in this fucking tent with you anymore and I can't go home! My wife isnt even real, she's a plasma turret with a wig and lube smeared over the barrel! I'm lighting up the c4 and taking this whole camp with me!
>>
You got a real pair of mighty boulders between your legs. How do you even walk, son?
>>
I'm afraid you cannot help her, sir.
>>
How do people even enjoy arena matches when one guy just falls down with fried brains after not getting a chance to land a hit.
>>
>>3446829
by not being the falling guy
>>
>>3446860
I mean the audience
>>
>>3446829
>he thinks the audience is there to watch honorable battles between warriors
They're there to watch zoners get dominated by machine gun fire. It's like america's funniest home videos.
>>
>>3446829
The main events are special, most of the time its just like the first matches
>>
How does a character survive without traps skill? Just constant save + reload? Do I need to invest in traps only to avoid getting fragged?
>>
>>3447740
Yes, but also high perception, high constitution, sticking to walls. There are also expensive ways like throwing grenades everywhere where it makes sense to make a minefield lorewise
>>
>>3447740
>mech and heat DT/DR, blast cloth
>lots of hp
>evasion
>an active energy shield
>not having tons of charged electric equipment
>escape artist
>good trap detection
>>
>>3447740
Git gud.
Otherwise, 10 CON + 7 Will
>>
>>3447824
what's the will for?
>>
>>3447825
Stoicism, also it's good to have some Resolve
>>
Is there any way to make friendly fire not make allies angry? This shit is obnoxious, you can't use heavy guns at all with any friendlies around
>>
>>3448358
No.
Hell, Im sure even NPCs are not safe from fucking up stuff between factions
>>
>>3448465
there are some funny interactions like the one in https://stygiansoftware.com/forums/index.php?topic=10375.msg42123, but generally if they're the same faction they can friendly fire each other without getting angry
>>
>10k coins
>still refuse to pay for metro
>>
started playing this recently, i'm basically just trapping people, chucking grenades at people, and knifing people
am i gonna have to learn how to do something else or is that all good
>>
>>3448889
I usually don't either. You get more random encounters by traveling. I will use phreaks tickets though; you get like a dozen for 100 charons.
>>
>>3448900
thats normal and expected
if you start having a hard time with those tactics, you'll be experienced enough by then to adapt
make sure you always look at all the blueprints being sold by merchants so you know what exists in the game
>>
File: CjcQBE6.jpg (38 KB, 362x346)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
Why do they wear the masks?
>>
>>3423264
Tried that 10 years ago and dropped during the junkyard.
>>
>>3449071
buy more grenades and bear traps
>>
>>3423264
nah dude i agree that looking up meta builds is just ruining the game for yourself but going blind into underrail also has a great chance of ruining the game for yourself. decide what kind of archetype you want your character to be before you start (big retard hammer guy, magic faggotry guy, stealth guy, energy weapons/tech guy, etc) and then spend like an hour reading through reading through the list of feats that it shows you during character creation and plan your stats around meeting the requirements for feats you want in the future. underrail is the one game where i cannot recommend just winging it, even if you're playing on normal difficulty. the developer is a miserable cunt who goes out of his way to make the game unfun for you if you dont autistically plan your build out beforehand
>>
Any tips for a first-time player? Gonna give Underrail a go after I finished Fallout 2 and Broken Roads
>>
>>3449578
read everything, think ahead, use tools
its a thinking-mans game
>>
>>3449578
Start on normal
Pump the main damage stat always
Everything else is unnecesary. Well, maybe knowing PSI got giga nerfed a while ago
>>
>>3449578
Don't try to be jackoffalltrades
>>
>>3422937
The belts = arbitrary power up for some builds thing is weird
Also they always made me wish there were a feat that gave you the doctors pouch effect
>>
>>3423083
It's the LUDOEST of KINOES which is why it filters so many noobs
>>
File: ded snek.png (1.1 MB, 1920x1080)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB PNG
>>
>>3450828
why aren't you wearing the industrial exoskeleton? it gives +3 strength when powered on compared to +1 from the fursuit
>>
>>3450852
how do you know what im wearing?
>>
>>3450871
Striped blue panties, right?
>>
>>3450871
your hud doesn't have the exoskeleton power icon, and the next best-in-slot item is said fursuit
no hercules? seaserpent sash? vile Weaponry/leper poison/contaminated applied to maximum stacks? What about spear throw specs for range/damage and also emptying out your inventory to get a better melee bonus from jetski speed(it should show that you get 200mp at the start of your turn without turbo)
You could use a cheat engine table to edit your surplus stats in agi/con into will(10 max) for more damage with predation, and also wear cognator's helmet as that gives will, no other headwear helps in this scenario. Also mental breakdown doubles predation's damage while you need to frighten the snek to again double it
>>
File: THUNDERBOLT OF THE GODS.png (346 KB, 1045x709)
346 KB
346 KB PNG
>>3451018
contain your autism
>>
>>3450852
the real answer is because that image is 2 years old
>>
>>3451073
exoskeleton is older than that, pretty sure
but it doesnt matter because ability scores were capped at 20 back then and I had 20 anyway
>>
>>3451018
I love high autism posts like these, keep them coming.
>>
>>3445678
Oddity before the level cap was raised. Xp after.
>>
Anyone ever used a lock door command?
>>
>>3452098
I always lock my SGS apartment and Core City home.
>>
File: aran in a box.png (1.43 MB, 1920x1080)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>3452098
Pickpocket wyatt's key, lock the chain-link door and then snipe or sling spells from out of range to kill him
Inside the core city house basement you can lock the doors leading inside to the separate rooms, you can pull aran inside and essentially he will starve to death because he didn't pack a haxxor. He despawns once you leave the house and i'm not sure what happens after. The better question is how the fuck does he sneak past 2 true sight plasma turrets and cameras, haven't even renovated the second floor
Theoretically you could start a fight and lock a door, wait a few turns and use aoe to damage like 8 targets right behind the door. I forgot which basements/compounds had master keys and suitable doors without alternate paths.
>>
>>3449048
Poor air quality due to fuckers having trash fires indoors, possibly dead air and avoiding getting sick.
>>
>>3443679
Do quests and stockpile gear at various points. I'll usually stash guns in the Junkyard dumpster, Core City barrels, or just in my house/SGS apartment. Periodically make the rounds to vendors and sell all your shit. It is time consuming and annoying, but if you stay on top of it you'll eventually spiral with charons. Unless you make super steel, then you'll always hurt for more.
>>
>>3452561
god damn what a sprite
thats looks baller
>>
>>3452561
Couldnt you lure him to the turrets?
>>
>>3452995
NTA, I prefer to hide his corpse in the generator room just behind the wall.
It's bad enough that you can sometimes get a free burglar rug delivered at the entrance of your home, I don't want to look at Aran's rotting carcass.
>>
>>3444293
>Is it worth to play this if I love classic fallout games?
Yes. But it is not Fallout. I hate when people recommend UR based on people liking Fallout. They're the same in spirit and that is about it. UR's main draw is the gameplay. The world building doesn't make itself known until mid-game, up to that point most of the stuff you're told is drip fed or not elaborated on at all. There's also rarely a "I win" option within dialogue like in Fallout. Dialogue skills are niche and they rarely give you anything great unless you're springing hard for roleplay and want to avoid doing very specific things that only a repeat player would know.
>>
>>3444293
It depends what you did like in classic fallout games? I like atmosphere and being an autist, i like opening boxes and cabinets in dark underground bunkers. I'd like to do second playthrough with maximized box opening (stealth + hacking + lockpicking + pickpocket) but i'm too retarded to plan a build for it. But anyways, combat is the main point of underrail as said before.
>>
The community truly never recovered from Sseth's review.
>>
>>3453332
spreading awareness helps sales but worsens the community
you must gatekeep if you want quality
>>
>>3453332
I remember a lot of spergs even before the video. Normalfags are harmless with these kind of games, they just drop them and forget they ever played.
>>
File: 1548337745903.jpg (18 KB, 341x341)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>Enrage enemy
>uses dirty kick on a dog
>>
>>3453511
>"YIPE!"
>>
Meow
>>
File: motion POV.gif (2.39 MB, 442x368)
2.39 MB
2.39 MB GIF
>>3453760
>>
File: pagos.png (959 KB, 1347x758)
959 KB
959 KB PNG
>>
>there's a minor exploit at Ray's dock that let you steal parts from jetskis and make infinite money if you had enough mercantile and knew exactly where to stand
>some guy makes a video detailing how to do this, it gets sub 50 views on youtube, basically unknown
>less than a full month later Stygger patches in an npc to keep people from using this specific exploit
I'm lucky I've already used and saved a bunch of time but holy fuck. Work on the fucking sequel you seething retard instead of patching out things people have fun with in the game. How much of a deranged lunatic do you need to be to constantly be looking for shit to remove from the game when people "don't play how you want them too" instead of letting people play how they want.
>>
>>3454901
styg wants to make a good game
cry harder
>>
>>3454901
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU CANT PATCH EXPLOIT ITS NOT FAIR NOOOOOOOO
>>
>>3454901
>there's a minor exploit
>some guy makes a video detailing how to
>less than a full month later Stygger patches
Based styg listening to the community and quickly improving the game in response. Wish there were more devs like him.
>>
>>3454914
>>3454926
How does Styg's cock taste in your mouth?
>>
>>3454914
>>3454926
>>3454931
>its actually good the games dev tells you how to play his game
I don't know why I was expecting anything but dickriding cockslupers in here
>>
>>3454960
You called it an exploit yourself, retard.
Learn the meaning of words.
>>
tips for underrail normal mode? i want to play a character that focuses on intelligence and will
>>
>>3454966
Normal mode should be no trouble.
Just learn spells and put points in stuff
>>
>>3454966
You can put a custom 400x400 .png for your character's portrait.
8 int for psi slots, max out con/will. Start with metathermics/thought control/throwing, don't neglect crafting skills and go for psychosis instead of tranquility(it shines on agi builds if you know the enemies enough to not get hit)
Don't read the wiki beyond what you read in my post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.
>>
Who to join in Core City as a magic man? Last time I went Coretech, but JKK was probably the better choice for a crossbow build.
I'm turning into a craftsman and soon I'll be able to use 100+ quality parts, but I don't think I have psi related high quality components
>>
>>3455139
Coretech is my go-to for any character because it gives you another inventory restock for good plasma cores, shield parts and plasma dischargers/grenades. It's an improvement as you can occasionally find good headband parts from special merchandise but other specialized merchants stock more headband parts. Always make a trip across every electronics merchant(and fixer in junkyard) between rounds of spelunking.
>>
>>3455139
psi wizards should join praetorians, actually
>>
>>3454901
>needing a video telling you you can steal things from the highest end shop in the game
>>
>>3455322
The shop has insurance, right? It’s reparations.
>>
>>3455257
Why?
>>
>>3455139
JKK sells an item that can give you +30 persuade. If you want persuade that's a good way to save skill points. It needs 5 will so it's not relevant for every character but if you're psi you definitely meet that requirement.
If you don't want persuade Coretech has the most useful shop because electronics are always useful.
>>3455337
There are psi pillars in an area you can only get to if you join Praetorian. Or you can just look up a transcript of what they say.
>>
>>3455337
because the missions are easiest for psiggers and arguably hardest for tanks, likewise coretech is easiest for tanks
praetorian questline gives you a new monolith; tanks probably wont have the will for it
the purple grenade praetorians get is best for psiggers too

jkk is best for rogue types however; theres no subversion there
>>
>>3455342
>JKK sells an item that can give you +30 persuade
Cool, but I'm at 77 (122) persuasion, probably don't need it.
>>
Damn I hate those phone puzzles, takes a lot of time since I can't memorize sounds that well
>>
>>3455464
just make a recording of the sounds beforehand
also turn your music off and set the game speed to x1
>>
>>3455473
I tried recording, doesn't help.
I just start the puzzle, switch to test mode and try to compare real time.
>>
>>3452632
If they take them off, will they die?
>>
>>3455464
I listen for one sound at a time and write down the sequence.
>>
File: Screenshot (580).png (1.07 MB, 1920x1080)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>3455464
>>3455480
There are 5 distinct sounds going low->high with a 6th one that sounds weird and map them with the keys on the code input phase(not the normal phone): 6->2->5->7->3 and 4 for the weird one. Spam them individually a few times to get each one stuck in your memory, hum it too. When you listen to the code alttab and write down the code in notepad, it's easier to write 264233 instead of remembering green red etc and finally map them backwards into the keys you need to press once you're sure you got the right one.
264233->247255

Now the musical puzzle, fuck that shit i just edit my character's position with a CE table to pass through the gate. I know the solver website exists but this is much easier.
>>
give me ideas for a high damage build
I guess I could go fusion cannon if I can't think of anything more interesting
>>
>>3455775
heavy metal lmg
>>
>>3455120
this is perfect, since most other resources i found go way too deep for me to have wiggle room and play on my own. thanks!

can you give tips on what crafting skills? there's like 6 of them lol
>>
>>3455979
Get chemistry to 20 and leave it there, it's mostly there to let you craft grenades earlier than they're available, and high end grenades are crafting only but you already got aoe covered with spells. Every other skill has some tangible benefit for the build
>>
>>3455979
most skills you only need around 100 points in
>>
I'm excited for Infusion and the graphics look great, but I'm really not sure how I feel about the 3D models, I think I prefer the current version
>>
>>3456236
>don't want to make a ton of sprites for all the different variations of armor
>decide to switch to 3D to have better tools to have different looking characters and environments
>takes 7 years to develop the new engine to do this
>>
>>3456238
It probably would have been easier to just have a lot of sprites, no?
>>
>>3456236
I *do* want to see accurate gear/size/etc, but I think sprites look better, no question
>>
>>3456236
Sprites look better, but 3D models allow you to more reliably judge an enemy on sight.
I'm happy for the 3D models personally. I also look forward to the body shape changing based on attributes so that you can play something other than a twink.
>>
First ever con 3 run on dom. Is it worth putting points into dodge/evasion?
>>
>>3455598
i'm a dumb fuck and the buttons are re-ordered on each playthrough
>>
>>3456353
if you can sure
dodge is less important but uncanny dodge is OP
>>
>>3456353
yes, but you have to go balls deep for it to actually work
>>
>>3456353
>even considering the possibility of being hit
NGMI.
>>
>>3456531
>>3456535
Right, thanks. Never played a nimble/sneaky character before so I genuinely have no fucking clue what I'm doing aside from the mere basics.
>>
>>3456353
Maybe it's worth it, but I got no points in those because I prefer not to get hit at all. Grenades and psi are guaranteed death for me, shields can save maybe from 1-2 enemies for a turn, I don't think armor resistances even matter when you melt that fast.
>>
>>3456563
some builds can afford a lot of evasion with infused siphoner leather+nimble to make even the high accuracy of dominating enemies not matter
but even with evasion cap you still get hit 40% of the time so you need your energy shield to survive big hits
it does really help you against grenades and other aoe attacks like naga blasts
>>
File: stay mad, confags.png (689 KB, 1204x608)
689 KB
689 KB PNG
>>3456563
>>3456566
AoEs become a non-issue with high evasion, especially with a shield since evasion applies first
with a doctors pouch, you can have morphine/aegis for 2 ap each, so if you know you're gonna git hit you can pop those and your shield and tank damn near anything, at least for 1 hit
ive done 3 con + psi aids + light armor several times and not only is it doable, you can fuck anything in the game with it
>>
I really, really, REALLY badly want some extra content, specifically to be able to meet Kharon without you know what. And also way more thought control checks.

And last but not least, I really hope Styg would create some kinda of imported save system to Infusion. Because there is no chance in hell the story for the player character isa donezo.

Pss. Who are the other Godmen left on earth? Safe choice for the third (and last one) is either Mochik (though unlikely) or Melek.
>>
>>3456642
>And last but not least, I really hope Styg would create some kinda of imported save system to Infusion. Because there is no chance in hell the story for the player character isa donezo.
Personally I'd rather not have a direct sequel.
>>
>>3456642
who tf is mochik
>>
>>3456644
its not a sequel; you play a new character in a new area
>>
>>3456644
Why?
>>3456647
Whops, a small typo. I meant Mochnik.
Military dictator who leads west Underrail, as mentioned by Kokoschka
>>
>>3456648
Well, that's dissappointing.
T. >>3456642
>>
>>3456642
if its not melek, or the player in the future via some timelapse vertigo fuckery, then my bet is he got ate by tchort
tchort somehow knows about them
>>
>>3456663
I mean Tchort ate one of them already, right? It even refers to it when you face it. We know Tanner is one, Six is one, one of them was eaten(?) so there is still one more, no?
>>
>>3456666
holy satan quads
no, if tchort ate one, then theres only two left
his dialogue doesnt directly imply that he ate one, just that he expects them to taste heavenly
>>
>>3456666
why was six afraid of tchort?
>>
>>3456651
>Why?
Because it gets increasingly more convoluted to make sequels with the same character as main protagonist, and this goes double if you also want to have impactful decisions made by said character and taken in account for.
It's easier to make a separate entry, which may or may not canonize some of the previous game choices but overall it leaves you free to make something new (both for the dev and the player).
And I never saw once a direct sequel fully respect the previous game (talking about RPGs with choices), so I'd rather have something that isn't doomed from the start.
>>
>>3456670
I could be wrong, but wasn't there specifically 4 Godmen, now only 3 are left. The Godmen tech you see in the west wing just before the Faceless invade the institute, there are 4 pods there or something like that? I can't exactly remember. Also when Tchort refers to it, doesn't it specifically mention how it wanted to taste that divine treat AGAIN, but instead got another sewer rat (You), or something along those lines?
>>3456672
Six wasn't particularly affraid of Tchort, but being the alien faggot that he is, he is probably bound by some rules which don't allow him to interfere directly in the sense that he is not allowed to just go to Tchort and fight it. Then there is probably the risk that if he(?) would fight Tchort and die, he gets consumed and Tchort gets more of the Godmen geneme. And lastly, I think if they went head to head, there is a realistic chance which I just refered, which is that Tchort beats him. Why? Same reason the Faceless don't advance more deeper into Nucleus; Tchorts psionic aura that fucks creatures with more advanced brain activity. The faceless commander refers to this. And I think it's pretty obvious that the link between the faceless and the godmen is that the former were used to create the latter by biocorp using mutagen

So if the faceless are too galaxy brain to advance, then shouldn't Tchort be able to just mind rape Six by that logic, yes?
>>3456676
Fair argument, but I do have to disagree slightly, I think the Witcher trilogy handled it very well, even with all their planned but cut content. I do also speculate it's going to be diablo 1 into diablo 2 situation with the character from the first game making a cameo of sorts or being tied to the story, but not as a playable character.
>>
>>3456685
no, because tchort ate nine
>>
>>3456687
Nine?
>>
>>3456689
why was six afraid of seven?
cuz seven eight nine
>>
>>3456692
Quit trolling me, I'm too retarded for this.
>>
>>3456685
>I think the Witcher trilogy handled it very well
It is easier when you have a pre-made character with a canon name, a canon set of beliefs, canon look and a canon set of skills.
And there weren't many big changes in TW2 or TW3 that I recall, aside from meeting or not meeting some of the previous game characters.
>>
>>3456642
cleaning out the pyramid, core city with every oligarch included or protectorate/drones HQ don't have unique ending slides, you expect too much
>>3456676
mass effect, though the main plot largely stays the same
>>
>>3456711
>you expect too much
I know, but a man can dream. At the very least the whole meeting Kharon without you know what -thing.

If there is anything Styg managed to capture with Underrail, atleast for me; is the atmosphere of pure mystery and intrigue. Most question that I ave regarding the setting are answered with more questions. Questions, I crave answers to.
>>
>>3456711
>mass effect
Ah yes, I clapped when I saw my imported saves giving me to choose RGB endings instead of RGB endings. Truly a wonderful example of a save import done right.
>>
>>3456716
>Most question that I ave regarding the setting are answered with more questions. Questions, I crave answers to.
As much of a cop-out answer as this is, you can find out a lot about the world but not everything and that's absolutely by design. Even if underrail games keep coming out until the heat death of the universe I doubt every mystery will be resolved.
>>
>>3456745
A lot yes. But the answer you do get are still mysterious in the sense that there is a lot of what is left to interpret by the player. I do admit though that is part of the magic though.

As I said, the atmosphere alone is so intriguing, it makes me giddy and it makes exploring feel extremely rewarding.
>>
>>3456749
For sure, it's a thin line to thread but I think the games should continue to give half-answers and simply just not answer everything. The game can be a fucking cock tease at times so I do feel you. The absolute worst end would be Styg pulling a Kojima and trying to explain literally everything.
>>
>>3456757
I agree with you, even if I swing slightly to the other side in the sense that you can have more answers, even more concrete ones. But presentation is the key. You musn't spoon feed the player, instead make them sweat their balls off trying to find pieaces of lore and the common denominator to thread them together. It's that Lovecraftian drive.
>>
>>3456763
Honestly I get you because normally I would very much be in your camp of wanting the game to answer more, but for some reason I let it slide. Most likely it's the presentation, and the fact that you have to play the game multiple times to get this incomplete picture which lead to me enjoying the scattered lore, more than I probably should.
>>
>>3456769
We once again agree. And trust me that is saying something, since I tend to be extremely completionist when it comes to games, to a nigh autistic degree which unfortunately can suck out some of them fun from games, unless they have a HUGE replayability value and that is not a low bar by any means. And I think Underrail has that, which is even more impressive considering the limited resources Styg and his boys need to work with.

But regardless, I do think there are a few very key things that need to be solved one way or another in the sequel. Namely the Acorn, especially if you keep it to yourself, which reminds me of a small piece of dialogue you can have with Aran when he tries to buy it from you in which you answer his question of "why didn't you give it to Oldfield" along the lines of: "I trust the professor, but I do not trust the people around him. I'll give it to him when the time comes.". Then there is the massive elephant in the room of Ezra's identity and the fact you cannot have any sort of conversation about it with him, especially once you get out of DC.

Then lastly, though I admit this is more of a personal gripe of mine, I wanted so badly to talk with IRIS, especially once when I got out of DC. I suppose what I'm trying to say here is that if there is one I guess "mistake" Styg does is that he offers answers to questions but no catharis or options to act regarding them. Take IRIS for example, she alone should be a massive treasure trove of knowledge about... Well everything really, even in her previous state.

Damnit, I really need to do my third run, I haven't played Heavy Duty yet. Was the lore side of things any good on that? Or is it just about the player having to face build autism in the compund/dark lands?
>>
>>3456783
The aconr would be fairly difficult to explain any further than the game does because it's so fucking lovecraftian in its nature. They certainly do explain some things about it but by and large it's basically an eldritch artifact that happened to be produced by humans. It would be really cool to see it expanded on, I'm just not sure how it would be done. I agree on the latter two however.
As for Heavy Duty it's mostly a meat grinder dungeon designed to kill shitty builds but there are some snippets of lore about Biocorp and another megacorp working together for once.
>>
>>3456796
>introduce grenade launchers
>make enemies in the new area disable grenades
galaxy brain
>>
>>3456803
Yeah rofl it never should've worked against grenade launchers. Disabling normal grenades I get (despite it fucking over pure throwing builds pretty hard) but disabling grenade launcher projectiles is fucking retarded.
>>
>>3456810
it should just only do one per round
>>
>>3456796
Sorry, I should have clarified. The nature of the acorn is pretty clear, we know what it does and to an extent we know how it does it, we know NFT made them for other Megacorporations using what we can assume pieces of Godmen tech (my guess being the same line of tech used to create the psionic pillars)

The question here is that WHAT specific project does this one hold AND who specifically does Aran work for within the Protectorate/United Nations/Hexagonian chain of command, he even confidently states how it doesn't even ultimately matter if you deny the item from him, since it'll end up in Hexagon one way or another, refering to the fact that in there are the most realistic chances to open the damn thing (hinting to the fact that there is more at play here). Then there is the fact that there is a MORE than realistic chance that isn't the only one in existance. I don't if Six comments on it if you have when meeting him before entering Hollow Earth. Same with Kharon, he takes it from you when you depart and even in the ending slides if I remember correctly it is mentioned how he tries to poke as much info out about it, even if it's futile.

All in all, this specific one and the elements surrounding it are just too damn important to ignore I'd say.
>As for Heavy Duty it's mostly a meat grinder dungeon designed to kill shitty builds but there are some snippets of lore about Biocorp and another megacorp working together for once.
Aye, I knew that much. And that in there is like pretty much the only concrete time anchor of the entire game that gives the player an estimation of the time of date. (somewhere around 2600 and something). Which would put the events of around 3000+
>>
File: judgement day.png (2.07 MB, 1920x1080)
2.07 MB
2.07 MB PNG
captcha: gas2s
>>
File: gear.png (87 KB, 364x436)
87 KB
87 KB PNG
Scavenger hour and I agree it fits what the character is doing, but a complete set should look at least as stylish as the OG sprites. Especially the leather armors.
>>3456820
How could you have missed that RAT behind you.
The nerve!
>>
>>3456825
nta, but a simple addition of equally simple dyes should be able to fix this. Not that I'm counting on Styg adding that in.
>>
>>3456825
you have a target painted on your head with that stormtrooper helmet considering 90% of the game happens in dark caves
>>
>>3456825
didnt want to waste a burst on a rat that cant hurt me
>>
>>3456825
I like the scavenger aesthetic. Non-stealth leather overcoat is one of my favorite sprites.
>>
>>3456845
Kill it!
Kill it now!!!
>>
>>3456672
because tchort ate nine
>>
So who is the third alien? I know there's no way to know in the game but Styg put the fact that there is a third in the game for some reason. It can't be a killable character since you can't kill six or tanner so that means if it is anyone we know about it has to be a mentioned character you never meet. Hank Wardell possibly? The ferryman says he's the best conversation partner he ever had and made counter points he couldn't refute. He killed a sea wyrm with a plasma pistol and stole a jet ski from the pirates which seems pretty strange for an old scientist to pull off. He was also said to have gone to the black sea to do something with the monolith and we know it's a creation of the godmen.
>>
>>3458297
hank was a player character
I suspect he's james steiner too
might even be the player in the future (gone back to the past)
>>
>>3458302
it's funny because james steinder was the other person I was thinking could be the third since he somehow tricked the faceless into thinking he was one of them and we know the godmen are somewhat connected to the faceless. Do you mean in an older build of the game Hank was actually physically in the game?
>>
>>3458310
Oh wait thats not james but yeah I meant the guy that stole the cube initially could be the third alien.
>>
>>3458310
no
im saying I think hank was a "player" in the same way your character is

>>3458311
pretty sure his name was james steiner; anyway yeah the oculus agent that went undercover to faceless town
>>
>>3458312
The description of james steiner definitely sounds like what the in game character model looks like but the only problem with that is that you can play as a female character so it would be somewhat hard for styg to explain that away.
>>
File: cellkey1.jpg (551 KB, 1361x740)
551 KB
551 KB JPG
Why doesn't this thing work?
>>
>>3458382
It's for the actual cell shes in not the door into the room with the cell
>>
Third alien is Coral.
>>
I am going to liquidate Coral once the ratbar is done with.
She will perish in the power of a thermobaric grenade.
>>
Chain roots you from a full screen away at an awkward angle where he can hit you but you can't hit him.
>>
Anybody else despise arke station? If it wasn't for that I wouldn't hate DC. It really is just that location that makes me seethe. Even after going through it three times I still get confused because you have to pick up like hundred keys and keycards so I'm never sure if I'm at the point that I can go into the room that lets you redistribute power. Mushrrom area is a bitch but it's short and painful as opposed to arke station which is a war of mental attrition due to infinite bots and too many quest items(keys)
>>
>>3458953
Arke is still better than labyrinth. Though I guess labyrinth is optional now so that's less of an issue.
>>
>>3459019
That's annoying too but I brough CAU armor so
I think it'll be ok. I usually do everything up to DC then start a new playthrough but it's my first dominating run so I feel obligated to finish. I'm angry the whole time. Can't wait to put a shot right into BIg T's smug eye ball and do a new run.

I've played basic bitch AR, TC+TM, Crit build with energy weapons, and energy weapons/chem pistol(current run). What should I try next?
>>
>>3459048

Knife or sword(Str) build
>>
>>3459086
what is the end game armor for this? Is it tin can build?
>>
>>3459091
Rat fursuit and bought black tabis or crafted infused leather armor/tabis if you invest in tailoring both options are fine.
A sword can could work but needs a ranged option(PK with corporeal or a javelin in your off hand for spear throw) if you can't get to your target, never played or seen anyone do a knife can so can't comment on that. It's usually lightweight because fancy footwork compliments melee weapons with a lower AP cost per hit.
>>
>>3459176
How high does psi beetle carapace go? I got 84, want to find something better
>>
>>3459191
103 from goliaths
higher from mt beetles
supposedly even higher from tm beetles but cant personally confirm
>>
>>3459176
Do you go 6 agi for sprint?
>>
>>3459048
Do stealth+hacking+lockpick+pickpocket etc. run and post your build so i can copy it.
>>
>>3459226
I'm still finishing DC on my chem pistol game but will post when I finish. Prob tomorrow.
>>
>no achievement for completing the game on dominating

The twisted mind of the Serb.
>>
>>3454901
just use cheat engine
>>
File: 112.png (355 KB, 1198x450)
355 KB
355 KB PNG
>>3459198
Checked just now and got a 112 quality one from the temporal beetles, so they do go higher. Not sure how high though. Quality ranged from the 80s to this, so probably 120 or so maximum.
It's extremely RNG though. First you need their cave to spawn, then you need them to drop the carapace, and then there's still the chance it'll be just average quality anyway. You get a few chances since there are a bunch of beetles but I bet they'll desire sensor you if you really want it. They don't respawn either.
>>
>>3455120
I thought it was 100x100 for large custom portraits. Was this changed? Also what's with the high CON recommendation?
>>
>>3459951
You can farm for them with a hardsave. Same for the leprechaun event
>>
>>3459957
>Also what's with the high CON recommendation?
2nd best way to survive as a smart cave wizard. Also synergies with willpower feats
>>
File: AranSprite.png (171 KB, 396x424)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
Post 'em
>Favorite build
Pigzerker. What can I say, I like smashing stuff and it is very satisfying landing stuns.
>Favorite settlement
SGS. The main theme and the cantina is so comfy.
>Most hated/disliked settlement/stage
I know 90% of people will say DC, so I'm going with Junkyard. I've never enjoyed it. At this point I sleep walk through the entire thing and know all the traps, so it's just a fucking slog. At least DC is at the very end of the game so I can just not do it.
>Favorite NPC
Aran. What little interaction you can have with him left a big impression on me. He always came off as a professional badass for hire to me. Cyber ninja shit is my jam, too.
>Most hated/disliked NPC
Gorsky and it isn't even close. It is a crying shame you can't challenge him to single combat for control over the gang.
>Favorite quest/quest chain
For me, it is the arena. I think I enjoy it so much because of how much it is referenced throughout the game, so it feels like a real spectacle. Sucks more people don't recognize you, but I guess that'd ruin a lot of encounters because no one would ever fuck with the sitting Invictus.
>Favorite food item
Rathound BBQ because I almost exclusively play melee
>>
>>3460425
>Favorite build
dex/agi sword with TM and a bit of PK, siphoner armor
my self-insert is an agile AR build; decently close 2nd place
>Favorite settlement
foundry; the theme, the appearance, the fact that its an actual good place to live aside from the air pollution
evenlyns bunker is probably the best place to live in the entire game, assuming you handle foundrys problems first
>Most hated/disliked settlement/stage
for settlements its either institute or pirate bay; they are both spread out and repetitive and have music I dont really like
upper underrail in general feels pretty rushed/bare bones and by the time you get to the institute you're basically done with your build and loot
the quests are at least fairly challenging
>Favorite NPC
old jonas; he's right there at the beginning of the game, he's a friendly old scavenger and he's the sentimental type
he's been everywhere and used to be a high-level xbow scout
dunno what his history is or where he's from, but tanner was smart to pick him for sgs
aran is one of the best antagonists, I strongly agree there
he's kinda like a mini-six now that I think about it
>Most hated/disliked NPC
theres a lot of them that I'd hate if I were my character, but for me as the player its either briggs or yngwar
I dont think I need to explain either
>Favorite quest/quest chain
sgs early game
outposts > cove > gms > junkyard
they're each neat for their own reasons but I also just really like the early game gameplay and feel
>Favorite food item
root soda; love cola irl and I like the init bonus, I also like the pic
brew is great for tanks, slampipe for bruising in general, laylow is great for lategame sneaky shooters, all-in is the ultimate performance food, HC chips for damage-maxing on ranged builds
most of the foods are nicely thematic but just aren't very useful, even for what they're intended for
>>
>>3460425
>Pigzerker.
As you should, mate, as you should.
>>
Wish i was not as retarded as i am, i now want to try all kind of different builds...
>>
>>3460548
Organize yourself and ask for advice for different builds, then obtain experiencie and meta knowledge
It aint that hard
>>
File: utilitytower.jpg (488 KB, 1092x641)
488 KB
488 KB JPG
I didn't get anything of value out of this place
>>
>>3460425
>Favorite build
TC and TM only because it was the first build I had that was super min maxed and felt like a god AoE nuking everyone(other than robots. Fuckin cunts)
>Favorite Settlement
Also SGS great music, quests and characters.
>Most hated settlement
I don't hate any but if I had to pick one I'd say foundry only because the layout is large messy. Going from one side of the screen to the other can take a lot longer than most areas.
>Favorite NPC
The Ferryman. One of the only NPCs with like/dislike progression that isn't based on you going and doing quests for them. Honorable mention to Hank Wardell for being an interesting mystery,
>Most hated NPC
Also Gorsky. With most NPCs giving you quests it makes sense why they're not doing it themselves. Like everyone else in sgs is not the combat type and would have work to do in SGS but gorsky is supposedly a boots on the ground type but he's always just standing around with his hands in his pockets waiting for you to do everything and his ultimate goal is so petty and uninteresting. A lot of people would say Six but I think he's overhated since the godmen lore is at least interesting.
>Favorite quest chain
First act of the main quest. It has that fresh playthrough feel and Depot A is a better finale than any kind of boss fight for me.
>Favorite food
I mean, Jon's Special ofc.

>>3460437
Jonas is an underrrated NPC. His personality is very likeable and he's one of the first people to talk about DC and the faceless.
>>
>>3460711
If you're playing on DOM there's a special encounter beyond what you get in other difficulties. It's not usually worth it though and it'd definitely not worth going there on any other difficulty.
>>
>>3460748
Yeah, I'm on hard and I have 3 CON, I don't even remember if I did it last time, I guess I just wasted some grenades for a few items I don't need.
>>
>>3460711
Of course you got something out of it. You learned valuable world lore.
>>
>>3460784
Up=cold

is there more than that because you can figure that out just by talking to yahota for a couple seconds.
>>
>>3460786
You learn that it's really cold. Someone can tell you the oven is hot but you don't really understand until you burn yourself.
>>
File: crafting1.jpg (1.06 MB, 1920x933)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB JPG
Riot gear seems to be better than a vest
>>
>>3460754
theres three things there that everybody can get
an oddity
a unique helmet
and if you find and figure out the puzzle, you can get some regen mixtures
>>
>>3460801
Tactical vest has more than double the riot gear's DT vs firearms though. And firearm enemies are very common.
>>
>>3460815
let him learn
>>
Do you think old jonas and leo knew each other or were actually scavenging together? I think it was clear from leo's dialogue. Of course i could not ask jonas about it.
>>
>>3460854
That sounds very possible but I'd have to read the dialogues again. Didn't Leo say the person used to live with him? I don't think Jonas lived in DC, he just visited and it was implied he was scared off after seeing what were probably faceless experiments(couldn't have been tchort because it was prebiocorp downfall iirc.)
>>
>>3460854
its possible
I always get the feeling that something is strongly hinted with leo and yet I can never quite figure it out
I have considered him being jonas's brother, but jonas had nothing to say about it
of course, jonas did suffer a tiny bit of memory loss so its possible he forgot about leo, but eh, thats not really satisfactory
they do seem to be about the same age and have the same builds
leo says "....train" right before he has his little breakdown; dunno what thats supposed to imply
does jonas ever talk about burrowers? if he calls them "diggers" that would be all we need
>>
>>3460858
>(couldn't have been tchort because it was prebiocorp downfall iirc.)
no, biocorp downfall was over 100 years ago; same time as wyatt pear
>>
>>3460862
reformed biocorp. I was reading the wiki because I couldn't remember off hand but yeah actually tchort could have been what he saw then.
>>
>>3460866
Actually it must have been tchort because the wiki also says that the furthest he went was right above the nucleus which is where tchort is so that must be why he stopped and left.
>>
>>3460866
>>3460870
yes, he looked through that bloody window in the room with the ladder and the mutagen machine
>>
I don't mind the look of the new 3d characters and I can see some pretty massive benefits in terms of seeing more of your look change with individual items you wear as opposed to how it is in underrail but I hope to christ it's not like atom rpg or encased where it's slow as shit and your character model has to do that fully animated turn. I feel like I'm going insane playing those games, like im driving a fucking boat.
>>
File: 1710475894827902.jpg (107 KB, 1023x599)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
>>3460425
>Favorite build
Blitzer pump shotgun mainly because it was the first build I ever made completely on my own (I had no idea it was on the forums until after I finished it, I came up with it from scratch just because I wanted to run fast and blast things in the face)
>Favorite settlement
Tough one. Probably Core City, specifically the Drop Zone in Core City.
>Most hated settlement
Foundry because of how spread out everything is and I also hate the beast.
>Favorite NPC
Jonas because he's what Gorsky pretends to be: A grizzled old vet who has seen some shit, but doesn't talk about it. He's also a good person and isn't a fucking asshole.
>Most hated NPC
Gorsky because he's a massive pussy but still talks nothing but shit at the pc. Not to mention he abandons SGS for entirely selfish reasons and even then he can't get anything done without player help. If it were an option I'd rat him out to Tanner and get him banned from SGS, then just not do his questline. I always get a kick out of the Protectorate ending slide where Gorsky swears you as his lifelong enemy. Fucking bring it on you candy ass faggot, by that point the pc is a god of death and from day 1 Gorsky couldn't tie his boots without the player.
>Favorite quest
JKK line
>Favorite food
Root soda
>>
yeah gorsky has you do a bunch of shit but so do all quest givers; thats the nature of the game
gorsky could EASILY steamroll everything in gms by himself; he just wants to see what youre capable of
then again he's an AR metal-armor tank who's afraid of burrowers
I dont think he could get into zenith for those parts, even with his whole gang (actually it depends on if theres a dread in there or not, so maybe on easier difficulties), but I do think they could handle the drop zone thugs
also he does seem impressed by you now and then and says shit like "good job"
now that I think about he's probably just being tsundere
>>
File: gasmaskguy.jpg (382 KB, 1024x1024)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
Couldn't make an image of a mutant being shot because it is "unsafe content." Nigga for who? Mutants?
>>
>>3460801
I wonder if Infusion will also include direction specific defenses
Where Riot Armor Shield gets extra chance and DT/DR to block projectile damage (including metathermics/psychokinesis) if the attack is aimed directly at your front instead of at the flank or side
>>
>>3460956
Don't be bigoted towards the genetically challenged, anon.
>>
File: OIG4.PexlwlDmNCt.jpg (294 KB, 1024x1024)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
>>3460974
It uses your boosts even when it blocks your prompt too. Everyone is using this tech for porn when I just want to try to make some underrail images and it's giving me grief.
>>
>>3460815
Riot gear can be better for melee PSIfags. The shield bash has some nice utilities and staying under the 20% armor penalty is big for fistfags if they don't have enough or want to get body weight training, and or use as much spec points.
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 319x80)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>66.2%
what is the remaining 33.8% doing
>>
>>3461147
not playing
bought it, still sitting around in their steam
>>
>>3461147
Went back to fallout 4 after realizing they couldn't 1 v 3 lurkers at level 1.
>>
>>3461147
Better question: What's your excuse, zoners?
>>
File: couldnt be me.png (119 KB, 515x225)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
>>3461157
>>
>>3461163
I'm at 47/55. Mostly just because I need to do more builds. Pick pocket and spear for sure and I don't have the mutie ending.
>>
>>3461167
you're sleeping on pickpocket; its great
spear I got on a sword build because I would use a spear while riding a jet
swords will often lose flurry against other jets because of some weird rule, and spears get the naval jousting bonus (and hunter vs sneks)
>>
>>3423083
It's for people willing to delude themselves that classic fallout was good and just needed to be updated.
>>
>>3461468
I think for dom pickpocket would definitely be pretty clutch. I used to only play on hard so I never took it. Next playthrough I'm planning on taking it.
>>
I haven't put a single point in stealth in any of my Dominating campaigns and I will not put a single point in stealth.
My attempts to divest from all bear traps is not quite so successful (I wanted the suicide bomber belt early)
>>
>>3461157
Was it added later than the other ones? I don't have it for some reason.
>>
>>3461157
I've played the game through to the deep caverns several times and I'm always burned out on the game by the time I get there. I take a break from it, come back and start a new game.
>>
File: file.png (94 KB, 353x363)
94 KB
94 KB PNG
>>3461157
I bought it like ten days ago, after 70 hours and 16 levels (oddity) I'm in the middle of Core City. Damn the amount of optional stuff and exploration is crazy. This is a real fucking rpg holy shit best game I've played in a while.
>>
>>3461613
Added 2021. Not sure why it took so long.
>>
>>3461633
Usually I do "everything" up to joining the institute, go do expedition then come back and finish the game but I tend to be burnt out by the end of expedition. Think I'm going to stop completing that game now though. Kind of no point.
>>3461664
My first playthrough(was after DLC launches) was 120 hrs. Game is long as fuck if you do everything.
>>
>>3461664
The game is amazing really. People like to point to BG3 as putting shame to the triple A industry but they had essentially infinite time, a triple A budget and a fairly large number of people working on it. Really the existence of underrail which was developed by one turbo autistic Serb with help from mostly artists is the real shame of the rest of the gaming industry. If Styg can make underrail then what the fuck is everyone else doing?
>>
>>3461823
styg seems to be about the only gifted dedicated developer who wants to make actually good games, with the money coming second
>>
File: 9k+.png (363 KB, 662x444)
363 KB
363 KB PNG
>>3461664
its my favorite game of all time
cant believe ive been playing this shit for over six years now
>>
>>3461837
I bet 8500 hours of it is fishing
>>
File: UnderrailAISlop1.jpg (363 KB, 1024x1024)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>3461837
I wonder what the most played time on steam for underrail is. I'd have to think you're in the running. Very based,
>>
>>3461912
its about 11k now, but I cant check it anymore
I dont know how steam generates the times for these because theres just no way ive played my games as much as it says
>>
>>3461961
afking works wonders
>>
>>3461997
I dont think even that would generate the numbers it gives me
>>
>>3462007
anon you can't possible become a true gamer if you're stuck at the denial phase
>>
File: pig zerker.png (177 KB, 1856x881)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
How's this for a pig zerker?

Spiked tichrome sledge and boxing gloves, spare shock sledge for numerous enemies
bioscrubber, soft black pig armor, pig tabis (wanted bodyweight training for dense foam and antithermic cloth, but figured fight response would be better)
>>
>>3462230
The boxing gloves do make sense for an offhand weapon, but the better option is quake for that sweet AoE daze. It is also nice for when surrounded by enemies, so no need for a crafted shock sledge.
>>
Anybody know what fatso + q180ss looks like for armor? pls and thnxu
>>
I hope I can wear two belts in Infusion
>>
Does Six have anything new to say in DC if I have beaten the Cognator minigame?
>>
I haven't been able to get back into this since the cave wizard nerf. I just feel bored being unable to sling all the psi abilities whenever I want.
>>
>>3462357
Nothing new.
I find this disappointing.
>>
File: wildboar.jpg (1.23 MB, 3453x2832)
1.23 MB
1.23 MB JPG
>>3462230
>7 Agility and 7 Will
>13 STR
I dont like it
>>
fuuuuuuuuuuuck I wasted so many points in chemistry because I thought the thermobaric grenade was gonna be cool
frag is one thousand times better
>>
>>3461823
Normies pushed autists out of the major companies.
>>
File: fatass.png (252 KB, 1500x684)
252 KB
252 KB PNG
>>3462272
armor: 180 on the base and reinforced with 3 170+ all supersteel, i'm aware i could've used tichrome for more heat resistance but i just put on antithermic tabis depending on the situation
boots are 115 bison leather infused with 170 string (lower quality pig will get you similar results i just like the fortitude bonus more) and 160 supersteel/padding
>>
>>3462490
Thermobaric is better than frag though. Frag can theoretically do more damage, but the DR/DT piercing and bigger area on thermobaric make them way more useful overall.
>>
>>3461823
Because anyone who wants to make games are not programmers/coders, real artists (Ai generation does not count), or some other profession involved in complex projects. Once you get into doing anything like that making a game becomes less appealing as you realize exactly what you have to do. From there it comes down to patience and dedication.
>>
>>3462553
smart to use leather instead of metal on your boots since you're just shy of max mech reduction anyway
>>
File: max skinner.png (132 KB, 1255x1118)
132 KB
132 KB PNG
>>3462272
pic related is what around 140Q looks like and what a 170Q (same leatherQ but max skinner) looks like
for some reason trying to get SS leather past the 140Q seems like it plateau off a lot harder
so your not getting past that threshold without skinner, unless you get a godroll going past the 140Q range.
I think only the Jeteater boss may give you a possible 170Q or higher leather I'm not sure if Fatso is capped around the 120-130 range
>>
File: Tomfuckery.png (93 KB, 833x633)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>3462272
also pic related is the plateau effect with higher combining... Top only increased by a point when using a SS that was +20Q above the leatherQ
>>
>>3462889
>>3462900
so even a 125 leather with a 180 ss fiber still only gets to 140ish?
>>
Is the .44 one shot build still good? Thinking about jumping into a dominate playthrough but want a strong fun build that isn't pure psi.
>>
>>3463064
Sure, a couple of things have changed since it was written but overall it's still great.
TM is not even needed if you dislike psi, but it does give pistols a massive boost by doubling the duration of Bullet Time. I personally played without it and still managed to breeze through most encounters.
>>
>>3463064
pistols dominate the endgame
they're not great in the early and midgame imo
>>
>>3463097
>they're not great in the early and midgame imo
Depends how you build them.
If you go for Smart Goggles + Special Attacks feats you'll breeze through early/mid game.
>>
>>3463082
Sounds perfect. But now the real question, which picture is going to represent my character. I'm thinking decker from blade runner.
>>
File: texastom_l.png (265 KB, 400x400)
265 KB
265 KB PNG
>>3463109
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpV3TTcvWvI
>>
>>3463101
if you say so
>>
File: derp_l.png (16 KB, 100x100)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>3463109
>>
oh, and custom portraits look better ingame if you edit them in paint or whatever to be 400x400 and let the game scale them, the wiki says 200x200 for large hud size but using that one over a 400x400 makes it look really choppy
>>
>>3463045
I think it will get to maybe 145Q but even with a 177Q I think I only got it to 144Q
The only way to really increase the quality is by speccing into skinner though I think you get like +2 health on each spec besides the added DR/DT increase.

I'm still trying to get a leather past 140Q to see how it scales, though prob have to do an import for the Jeteater quest will post the results later
>>
NO STYG I DONT WANT TO DO DEPOT A AGAIN TO MAKE A NEW CHARACTER AAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>3463180
portraits got embiggened in one of the last updates, so the wiki's just out of date

>>3463184
hang on, ive got a high q jeteater leather hanging around on a save where I have all the ss data

>>3463189
just ask around for somebodys save file and import the character
>>
File: OldJonasOGCheeser.jpg (252 KB, 1024x1024)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
Thinking it's time for a crossbow/trapper playthrough. Which poisons are useless?
>>
>>3463201
cave ear caltrops + crawler bear traps + toxic gas is always a good combo
or do cave ear first then blinding caltrops afterwards, if you can make them go that far
for bolts forget it; they can't compare to elemental bolts
>>
>>3463213
>for bolts forget it; they can't compare to elemental bolts
Damn that's annoying for crafting skill point distribution. I've seen people one shot bots with regular bolts is it just a matter of surpassing mechanical threshold(I have zero crossbow experience)
>>
>>3463225
sure, a high quality super tornado with smart goggles and snipe and all the stealth bonuses can do some bigdick damage
but its always going to be shit compared to shock bolts
>>
>>3463184
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Blueprint:_Infused_Leather
>>
>>3463184
Infused leather can't be lower quality than the parts used to make it, so with good enough leather there's no scaling at all. The infused quality will be exactly the same as the original leather quality.
>>
>>3463225
The bigger problem is DR. Not only do you not have access to AP ammo like sniper rifles do, but you get an AP penalty built in. High DR enemies become a huge pain. Really high DR enemies like industrial robots or nagas are practically invincible.
>>
>>3463408
I basically can create 170Q leather gear already
I'm mostly just want to see how much a max skinner would boost a 170Q infused leather to 200Q.
>>
>>3463454
Oh, I get it. That's a good plan. It'll be like the old days before the nerf when you could get ancient rathound leather insanely high.
>>
>>3463189
but it's the best part of the game. it's all downhill from there as you're invincible soon after so it's just going through the motions.
>>
>>3462380
can't have everything
13 +1 food +2 adrenaline +2 ssd for when it really matters
>>
File: Waterway Pillars.png (1.58 MB, 1920x1080)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB PNG
There is an agility 5 feat, 6, 7, 8, and 10, but no 9. What would be a feat that requires 9 agility?

Likewise there is no 8 con feat. Ideas?
>>
>>3464340
i'd buff flight response to give more MP but also jack up the requirement
>>
>>3464340
agi
>5: sure step; ignore ground hazards
>6: sprint; extra mp for two turns
>6: evasive maneuvers; turn mp into extra evasion at a 1:3 ratio
>7: fancy footwork; extra mp with each melee hit
>7: hit & run: mp restored to 25 with each kill
>8: uncanny dodge: automatically dodge 1 melee attack per x dodge skill
>10: blitz: turn mp into ap at a 3:1 ratio, max 20 ap

con
>5: conditioning; extra mech/heat/cold resist, scales with con
>6: fast metabolism: 25% extra hp/pp healing
>7: juggernat: bonus 25% hp when wearing heavy armor
>7: stoicism (also 7 will): gain increasing damage reduction the more wounded you are
>9: survival instincts: gain +30% crit chance when at low health
>10: thick skull: turn all stuns into daze

I say we rework evasive maneuvers (and make it 9 agi). Turning mp into evasion is usually a bad idea because its much better to use that mp to reposition to cover or just out range them. The easy thing to do would be to make it work like uncanny dodge but where using one puts the other into CD for the duration, or it works like uncanny dodge but it steals all your mp.

For 8 con I'm thinking a debuff duration reducer. Activate the ability to shorten all current debuffs by 1 turn, like a reverse LTI.
>>
File: green galaxy lounge.png (1.56 MB, 1667x994)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (16 KB, 640x512)
16 KB
16 KB PNG
>>3458950
they can't keep you webbed if your on fire.
>>
I won't need to catch spiders if they're dying in fire.
I hate them all
>>
File: Black_Crawler.png (9 KB, 120x120)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
Death Stalkers might be the most schizophrenia inducing enemies I've ever encountered. Flare and molo spam ftw
>>
File: SNORT (2).png (15 KB, 200x193)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
Hey pigger, did you take a melee build through heavy duty?
>>
>>3422238
A dump stat is a stat you min, not max.
>>
>>3464734
The game has excellent monster design, in conception and execution. It's one of its strongest points.
>>
I can barely survive 1v1 against strongmen. Got level 3 emp grenades, taser, scrambler, acid gun, but TC is my main damage dealer, guess I have to invest into PK next level
>>
>>3464739
No because I'm severely burn out of the game and I cant ass myself to play it once more
Hammer Wizard or agile piggo zerker abusing stealth am sure can make it, however
>>
>>3464905
Can you make/use rusting or corrosive acid? If not try getting the torch it's great for saving ammo.
You can get corrosive acid with a 100 chemical check from one of the Tchortist merchant and some can be found in vents at the lunatic tunnel entering the Tchortists main base
>>
>>3464905
either stealth or stay the fuck out of lemurian facilities for a few levels
>>
>>3465030
oh, I figured you would have taken one of your endgame guys and done it
>>
>>3461837
Damn, that is fucking crazy. I'm sitting just under 600 hours myself, and at least half of that has been me replaying the beginning trying out different builds. I've also only been playing for almost 2 years now, though.

>>3461664
If I could go back and experience one game for the first time again, it'd be Underrail. The first few quests are maximum comfy and once you finish Junkyard it really hits it's stride. I just wish there was more options with story branching, especially early on. It really does become a chore to power through Junkyard when you've done it 100 times.
>>
>>3440615
hey rabbi
>>
File: 1681789415918736.webm (140 KB, 480x400)
140 KB
140 KB WEBM
Is it possible to beat Expedition without killing a single Naga? My build ain't built for this shit
>>
>>3466207
Yeah? You can EMP and run past most of them. It doesn't work for the 4 nagas but they're completely optional in the first place.
>>
>>3466207
yes, you can almost completely pacifist the whole game
just sneak past nagas; thats the easiest thing
>>
>>3465030
What did you run during the HD testing?
>>
>>3444293
Depends on how you played fallout because if you don't like the idea of mapping out your entire build for the entire game before you hit start doesn't sound fun then don't bother
>>
>>3466251
cope
you dont have to plan your build, you just need to not be completely retarded
>>
>>3466245
Run a LMGer/minigunner.
Exploding shit with boom rounds was fun but it got samey fast.
>>
Is building specifically to wield Balor's hammer viable?
>>
>>3466283
everything is viable
>>
>>3466283
The fact you have to ask kinda outs you as a noob
But yes, everything is viable.
Every fighting with a fucking shiv or a rolling pin is viable.
>>
What firearm type needs least amount of stats/feats to work?
>>
>>3466303
AR needs least stats
its overkill; you could do without all the feats
>>
>>3445083
I know I am late to the party but
>(A)
Shoot the bandit leader as he's the biggest threat. Flash them after that (it is possible to only flash the bandits and not the civs if that matters to you). Immediately shoot the bandit leader again next turn. Use the adrenaline you got from the first floor of GMS if needed to get more damage. After that I'd kill the male next because he's an SMG burster and that hurts. If all else fails, just use more grenades.
>(B)
Light the entire room on fire with a molotov and close the door. Back up a little bit because they will be trying to run out of the room. They'll have to waste AP to open the door. Bolt them in the face when they do.
>>
>>3466343
>>(B)
Nah the stupid ass NPCs start running around and turn hostile lmao it made me a bit tilted first time around haha

basically any fight with allied NPCs you can rule out molotov
>>
>>3466414
Honestly taking down the civies as collateral is perfectly fine, you don't get any penalties for that.
Also I recommend beartrapping the other door as they will try to use that if the first one is blocked by fire.
>>
>>3466416
>civvies as collateral
but my toon wouldn't do something like that

>beartrapping
yeah early game 101
>>
>>3466418
Not really your fault if they run into the fire, is it? Even from a roleplaying perspective it's like culling beasts.
>>
>>3466418
or you can use hacking and a certain keycard to handle the raiders without firing a shot yourself
>>
>>3466480
you have to kite them out tho and civvies follow
>>
>>3466493
so?
>>
>>3466493
the gun only fires single shots, there's no risk from AAAAAAAA I'M BURSTINGGGG
>>
>>3466510
It also goes down before even killing all the bandits, on DOM at least
>>
>>3466512
not for me
>>
>>3466513
I've done it a dozen times and it always goes down for me.
>>
>>3466517
same and almost never
if the sledgefag has an electric hammer, that can do it
otherwise it almost always wins
>>
File: Balor run.jpg (471 KB, 1884x970)
471 KB
471 KB JPG
I want to do a meme Balor's hammer run for my first melee build (also my first game on hard). Will this work? Any recommendations? I'm planning on capping at 20 strength by using rathound BBQ and regalia.
>>
>>3466541
What makes you think it wont work?
>>
>>3466547
maybe they are being insecure due to basically everyone yelling how this game is unbeatable without proper build planning
>>
File: 1592523345552.jpg (57 KB, 700x700)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>3466578
Ah, you're right of course.

>>3466541
Recommendations: Infused pig strider boots. You can find very high quality from Constantine and Effreitor Hanna, padding is whatever but I use dense.
If you plan to use Ratto pajamas all the time, then you can use Fatso's leather, paired with the best dense padding you can find to make actually fairly resistant and very fast strider boots. Free Drones merchant will have your back on the padding.
Second, while energy shields are always good, you will need a good high high shield sooner rather than later, because fire explosions will absolutely fuck you over.
>>
File: Hammer Can Non-Psi.png (226 KB, 1839x936)
226 KB
226 KB PNG
>>3466541
this is the ultimate hammer build
to adapt it to balors, I might suggest wearing the industrial exoskeleton and fitting in the heavy metal feat (drop grenadier)
you dont need 20 str to use balors, you just get a -5% accuracy penalty for each point of str you dont have
so at 20 str you would have 95% accuracy against a 0 dodge enemy, at 19 str you would have 89%, at 18 85%, and so on; for some reason its 89 and not 90 at 19
>>
Has the LMG nerf/minigun buff happened yet?
>>
Last update
>October 12th
It's not happening, is it?
Heavy Duty was just a scam to get the missing funds required for Infusion.
>>
>>3422238
Crafting ruined the game
Because the game isn't built around it yet it's essential for harder difficulties and build realization, and you are gimping your build if you aren't crafting, and it completely invalidates the fun of looting, buying, uniques, and item rewards for exploration & quests

Either have it accessible completely to everyone or fuck off with it
It's so badly integrated, and hurrdurr craft piece a then b then c then d to get helmet is just tedious
Sorry if I misremebered shit, but I last played this game like 3 years ago
>>
File: 85l8z105gdw71.png (1.79 MB, 2160x2160)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
I think would get Yell more often if I could change/mod funny sound bits to it pic related.
Similarly I'm surprised we don't have a charge move like pigs can do. It could be tied to shields as well and work like spear throw damage for range traveled
>>
>>3466989
>you dont need 20 str to use balors, you just get a -5% accuracy penalty for each point of str you dont have
You say that like 95% chance to hit is already not complete and total bullshit. If you want to mainly use Balor's, or any weapon for that matter, you absolutely do need to meet the minimum requirements to use it if you don't want to whiff left and right. Shit, I'd even argue for high AP weapons like hammers it is even more important to make sure accuracy is good because of the high AP cost.
>>
>>3467058
Only other thing I could think about how that could work is that charging uses all your MP but the amount used determines the damage as a multiplier. Basic example every 10 MP gives an added .3, and it multiplies shield block. Can only be used 4-7 tiles away but be spec to increase the distance or damage multiplier.
And give it a 1 or 2 turn cooldown
>>
File: Harper.png (968 KB, 1919x1679)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
>>3467050
>>
File: sledge.png (96 KB, 1510x439)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>3467075
nah
I used it with 15-17 str and it was fine
you miss more but you 1hko more
>>
>>3467050
There's loads of uniques that are worth it above crafted stuff though most of them are melee focus.
Even then though guns have a lot of situationally good uniques that can be refurbished. With heavy duty all the added Unique guns are pretty good the lmg/miniguns all use ammo no other uses and the thumper is prob the best grenade launcher in the game as a secondary or primary if building for it
If anything your more interested in making different ammo or more w2c/grandes for unique focus gun builds
>>
>>3467079
>herper
>>
>>3467058
>I think would get Yell more often if I could change/mod funny sound bits to it pic related.
I already did
https://youtu.be/5BEUykdqTq0?t=10

It's glorious.
>>
>>3467206
The other day I was in some ancient ttrpg/boardgames/minis shop that had been around since gygax's times and there was a guy who was identifiable by his manner of speech as an autist. At this time, I thought of you, and Underrail. Endearingly.
>>
>>3467270
>I thought of you
>Endearingly
Sure you did.
>>
How do you play a hammerfag? Throw some pineapples, sprint in, hit things with a hammer, kick them in the nuts, maybe yell something, just be overall a very rude person? I'm too retarded to make my stealth autist hacker build so i could as well copy a psiless hammerfag build.
>>
>>3467300
Just stealth in, kick someone on the nuts, hammer them to death, flashbang if needed, take adrenaline and morphine, yell, kill everyone

Yes is that simple
>>
>>3467300
There's a few different ways to go about it. IMO from most fun to least fun it goes:
Pig hammer > Wizard hammer > Nimble can hammer
There's always hybrid builds out there too but I think these 3 have been and remain the big 3.

Pig hammer is nimble, beefy, and hard hitting and that is why it remains my favorite. It is also not super feat intensive so there is always flexibility for what you want. If you feel like memeing it up, you could make a Balor's hammer build which was discussed earlier. That was my personal favorite just because the idea of running around at peak strength in a rat suit one-shotting everyone was funny.
>>
dropping by while my charons are melting

>>3467565
holy shit that pic goes hard
>>
File: 20240427175852_1.jpg (463 KB, 1920x1080)
463 KB
463 KB JPG
All this hammer talk made me a little nostalgic
I will pick up my sledgehammer, for old time sakes
>>
>>3468149
why dont you just take a lvl 30 hammer wizard through the compound?
>>
>>3468265
Because I don't want to.
>>
>>3468308
*Snort*
>>
>Game taking noticeably longer to boot up
>Occasionally fails to load next zone
>Try to quicksave
>"Quicksave failed" (but works fine right after)
This game is feeling a lot more bloated for me since Heavy Duty. Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this or is this something that everyone has been experiencing and I am late to the party?
>>
File: Chutes and ladders.png (584 KB, 1372x1018)
584 KB
584 KB PNG
>>3468488
when that starts happening, you need to turn the game off then open it back up
>>
>>3468308
are you at least going to try a new build with this pig zerker?
>>
>>3460437
>but tanner was smart to pick him for sgs
I just did DC again in the past week and the post DC sgs dialogue has jonas talking about tanner; jonas remembers when tanner showed up, which implies that jonas is a native sgs'er
>>
File: Spoiler Image (636 KB, 1389x1037)
636 KB
636 KB PNG
>>3460711
an oddity (two if dom and Ice T), a unique helmet, possibly some regen mixtures if you're big brained, and street cred for doing the worst boss fight in the game
its also a unique place/experience

also, turn game music volume to 0 and play this on repeat
https://soundcloud.com/mocade/beyond-cold
>>
>>3467075
>You say that like 95% chance to hit is already not complete and total bullshit.
Have you ever tried to flip a light switch and missed?
>>
>>3468517
Nope.
>>
>>3468547
gonna make use of quake in the off-hand with opportunist?
>>
>>3468550
Nah.
>>
>>3468559
oof
such a shame
>>
>>3468563
I'm just replaying AGI zerker for the same of playing a hammerfag again.
Tho this time I will try to pull a no kill run on HD with stealth, and actually wiping out the natives crafting sea wyrm gear beforehand
>>
File: 1606059965571.png (78 KB, 300x256)
78 KB
78 KB PNG
>>3467300
>How do you play a hammerfag?
There's only one way to play hammers imo. Fear maxing. Put every point in strength. Take the increased strength elite feat. Always be on a strict rathound barbecue diet. Help the rathound king breed to get his regalia (not to mention the rathound king did nothing wrong). This'll give you 20 strength naturally for Balor's hammer, which is described in-game as needing
>demonic strength
to wield. Max intimidation every level. Take brutality ASAP and get death's grin when you can. Have 10 CON and spec into conditioning. At level 30 you feel like Darth Vader and every encounter you make somebody shit their pants in fear. Is this the "best" hammer build? No. But I have played them all and this is the one that still brings a smile to my face reminiscing about it.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z8mgkqjq90
>>
>>3468575
>a no kill run on HD with stealth
wont do any good if you dont have TC
>>
>>3467300
I personally like MT hammer. Basically max dissemble have plenty of blastcaps and have high evasion, stoicism, and conditioning.
All you really need for it is two hammers one spiked and one regular/shock for the cap. With pyromaniac and shattering plus the demo belt if you got it you could make any enemy suffer for attempting to get near you. You also get taste for blood really easily from cryo orbs.
Can even tank dreads pretty easily with morphine they do like no damage or miss constantly.
>>
File: Cryochambers.png (933 KB, 1920x1080)
933 KB
933 KB PNG
>>
>>3461664
we had multiple threads here hit over 1200 posts when the shitty expansion came out
even if I'm not playing it it's nice to come to these threads every once in a while
>>
>>3463417
I would imagine a crossbow build would have the biology to buy corrosive acid.
Or you can just join the pirates.
>>
>>3466303
grenade launcher literally only has one good feat but it's not technically a firearm
>>
Every so often my game fails to quick save or load the next zone. What the fuck did Heavy Duty do?
>>
>>3453332
lmao no, none of them would ever get past good ol' depot A
Hell maybe even the bettles
>>
>>3469033
Firewall shit. Yeah idk what the stygger meant by that
>>
File: Screenshot (599).png (2.04 MB, 1920x1080)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB PNG
>>3469033
works on my machine but that only happened to me twice, once in abandoned waterways which is a fuckhuge level, and picrel
>>
File: new computers.png (782 KB, 1350x911)
782 KB
782 KB PNG
>>
File: 190Q serpant.png (359 KB, 1280x800)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
manage to Otto for the sea wyrm leather to see what max skinner does. Only was able to get 163Q but still I have gotten a 180Q from it before so get prob above or close to 95%/63 acid resistance with a 180Q. The scaling seems to be off from how the wiki would lead on

https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Infused_Sea_Wyrm_Scales
>>
>>3470485
>50% penalty
>melee/knife resistance
Why bother?
>>
>>3470616
>no str requirement
>best acid resist in game
>near-immunity to melee
>can be jugg/heavy metal
>badass sprite
>>
>>3470622
I only wish bison could be slightly higher armor penalty so I could activate juggernaut.
But I guess that would make pig less unique for its higher health boost for infusing
>>
>>3470646
pig already has a niche in that regard since it can be nimble, bison cant without BWT
>>
Does Heavy Duty change anything outside of the scope of its own story?
I know it adds LMG and Grenade Launchers as new weapon types, do those integrate well with the rest of the game or is it like FO1 where you basically don't find any big guns until like two hours before the end of the game?

I thought Expedition was fantastic so I'm hoping it's just as good, but I've been out of the loop and it looks like people are mostly dunking on it.
>>
>>3470680
its actually annoying how many heavy guns you find and how early
it adds a few new kinds of enemies, mainly humans using nade launchers and heavy guns
its not as good and nowhere near as big as expedition
>>
>>3470684
Fuck.
Might just go without, then.
Rolling for a new build
Odds: Energy pistols
Evens: Swords
00: Some kind of melee wizard
>>
>>3470704
the new weapon types sell for an enormous amount
there is also a new cloth merchant in core city that also sells new weapons if you have high merc
>>
File: 1700246170109045.gif (928 KB, 500x333)
928 KB
928 KB GIF
>start a new game
>spend an hour looking at character creation
>close game
>>
File: 555-come on now.jpg (48 KB, 540x338)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3470738
an hour making an underrail character?
>>
File: 20240429112622_1.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080)
528 KB
528 KB JPG
This is for Nimble.
>>
What's a good psi build if I've never actually played a psi character?
Primary motivation is getting all of the lore off of the monoliths.
>>
>>3470784
I'm curious about this too, i never did one back when it was allegedly busted.
>>
>>3470738
>Not creating any character and leaving them at depot A
>>
>>3470784
>>3470866
For the max fun there's NO OTHER WAY than to go back to legacy. It is what it is.
If you played that and then a full wizard build now, you will feel a completly different game.
>>
What's more fun, going all in on a throwing spear setup, or trying to work out some kind of ninja build that focuses on swords and shock shuriken?
>>
>>3470961
Definitely the swords
Cause after you throw a spear, that's all you do
Its worth on its own though, but sneaky ninja slicing and stealthing is a fun combo
Like a much more aggresive knife build
>>
rip thread, thanks for getting me into this amazing game
>>
>>3470961
you can do both, btw
having a javelin in your other slot, and 3 spec points into spear throw AP is a good choice
>>
What builds did you guys beat the compound with?
>>
>>3470961
If you can get through expedition, a ninja setup with stealth/throwing/melee that focuses on crits with the red dragon is genuinely fucking hilarious. I don't know if it holds water in Dominating, but on Hard it was able to clean up almost anything.
Biggest weakness is bots, as with any melee build, but you can use poison daggers and EMP grenades.
>>
>>3471169
Praise be the cannon >>3470777
>>
>>3471079
No problem, pipeworker
>>
>>3470956
I guess i can forsake some of the fun, would a metathermics only run work?
>>
>>3471580
Its kinda fucked, robots will be a pain
Also you have enough points for more
>>
>>3471586
Should i pair with another psi?
>>
>>3471589
Of course, mind is obviously useless as well and psychokinesis stuff is also impared cause mechanical
Just TM temporal distortion is enough to peel 99% of the robots
>>
>>3471590
I was thinking psychokinesis because it had electric attacks, i didn't knew temporal manipulation ignored mechanical defense, thanks I'm gonna try that then.
>>
>>3471593
iirc distortion is half mech half energy, but could work well with enough points and booster gear ig
idk I only ever used it as support with 3 will
>>
>>3471593
The electric attacks are kinda weak, individually the electric arc deals fuck all for damage and the trap need them to walk into it
Its really pathetic
>i didn't knew temporal manipulation ignored mechanical defense
Its a 50% bypass and the rest is energy with also a 50% bypass
>>
>>3471580
>>3471586
Two words
Plasma Beam
>>
>>3471604
Psychostatic electricity, my pipeworker
>>
>>3471593
PK goes great with throwing knives. Implosion good for getting enemies into fatal throw range so it's a easy boss kill. Pairing it with EW can make fighting Naga on industrial bots easier
>>
>>3471604
I wish I was home to post screenshoots of my thunder god psion
EK can absolutely fuck everything if built properly
>>
>>3471955
He just doesn't understand the true power of lightning.
>>
>>3471955
is that the one with tesla armor?
>>
>>3472015
Yeah
>>
>>3472016
I'd really like to see that build if you could post it somehow.
>>
File: God of Lightning.png (297 KB, 478x476)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
>>
File: god of thunder.jpg (53 KB, 600x549)
53 KB
53 KB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.