[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>story axes the complex and thought out lore of the series for fanfiction-esque writing, warping factions like the brotherhood into caricatures
>roleplaying consists of "do you be an edgelord asshole who kicks puppies and enslaves children or do you be a decent guy"
>atrocious gunplay outclassed by games from the 90s
>literally can't play without mods or you'll crash every 30 minutes
Is this whole debate (NV vs 3) spawned solely by the advent of zoomer contrarians who think good games are "reddit"? There is literally nothing to like here. It's a 0/10 RPG. Even as a looter shooter it fails miserably.
>>
>>3428270
Both 3 and NV are shit games. Now reply to yourself over and over to keep this terrible thread alive.
>>
>>3428270
>"I think this 20 year old game sucks. Please argue about it with me"
No.
>>
>>3428279
>>"I think this 20 year old game sucks. Please argue about it with me"
>No.
Most based post of the day. I kneel.
>>
>>3428270
It's actually fun to play unlike the "originals"

If you like 3 you will also like NV just as if you like Morrowind you will also like Skyrim
>>
File: Fallout 3.png (203 KB, 575x767)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>>3428270
Fallout 3 is solid game. Now, it's not going to popular here specifically, since it is a consolized action RPG, and this is (naturally) a den of hardcore RPG enthusiasts who view such games as beneath them.

But in general Fallout 3 get's way too much hate, and often for things which aren't even actual issues the game has.
People act like it had no RPG elements or no good quests, when it actually had more quest depth than Fallout 1 and 3 also shares its RPG mechanics with the more popular New Vegas.
People criticize it for 'unrealistic' worldbuilding when the game wasn't trying to be realistic.

I think Fallout 3 is really fun, it's a got a good atmosphere, a well realized world once you accept that it's supposed to be zany and fantastical. Good quests. It's generally a good game.
Is it as good as New Vegas? No. Is it as good as 1 or 2? Depends how much you can tolerate 1990s CRPGS. Personally I prefer Fallout 3 to either 1 or 2, but that's because I'm a zoomer who finds those games too dated.
>>
>>3428270
>Is this whole debate (NV vs 3) spawned solely by the advent of zoomer contrarians who think good games are "reddit"?
I thought it was the opposite. Zoomers all hate FO3 and worship NV because gay Youtube personalities made videos insisting 3 is shit.
>>
>>3428279
spbp
it's all so tiresome
>>
File: StyleAtTheTime.png (657 KB, 709x662)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
>>3428270
>>story axes the complex and thought out lore of the series for fanfiction-esque writing, warping factions like the brotherhood into caricatures
It well it literally was fan fiction. Bethesda loved Fallout 1 and 2 and jumped at the opportunity of telling a Fallout story set in their home region.
What would you have preferred Bethesda to have directly handled west coast lore?
>>roleplaying consists of "do you be an edgelord asshole who kicks puppies and enslaves children or do you be a decent guy"
That was the style of the time. All sorts of games in the 2000s were focused on binary morality.
>>atrocious gunplay outclassed by games from the 90s
Yeah it's not great. But it does kinda aid the RPG side of it. You can't play Fallout 3 as a straight shooter, you need to find a strategy or build to get through the combat.
This is done better and more intentionally by games like VtM:B, but still the bad gunplay kinda works for the tone and world Fallout 3 goes for
>>literally can't play without mods or you'll crash every 30 minutes
Yeah it's fucking crazy that Bethesda hasn't bothered getting one of their most famous games to run on modern systems.
Like, what the hell, they're just loosing money for no reason.

>Is this whole debate (NV vs 3) spawned solely by the advent of zoomer contrarians who think good games are "reddit"?
No, it's spawned because people started applying flaws of Bethesda's later Fallout games on to 3.
People couldn't accept that Bethesda made a decent Fallout game, so they pretended all of them were shit. (or well, most of you probably always thought it was shit, I'm talking more about the /v/ users here)
So there's a counter reaction of people defending the game.
>>
>>3428406
If Fallout 3 was more in line with STALKER it would be a good game, traveling the wasteland, exploring dungeons, discovering secrets from the past, that type of game, a post apocalyptic dungeon crawler, it would be a good game, the problem is the fucking quest design and the gunplay, its fucking trash, every quest breaks if you try to solve in a different way.
>kill all cannibals ?
>you failed the quest, everyone hates you
>decide to check a dungeon before talking a a npc ?
>you failed the quest, he hates you now
I wish I could pick the map of Fallout 3 and port to Stalker.
>>
>>3428436
>stalker
Not a rpg
>>
>>3428436
>every quest breaks if you try to solve in a different way.
What are you talking about?
I can't even think of a quest you can break. Outside of killing the quest givers
>>
>>3428485
The quest with the blood drinking cannibals, I saved the kid and killed every single cannibal in the tunnels, failed the quest and every NPC in town turned hostile.
>>
>>3428500
Oh, yeah, that one is broken. I forgot about that.
the NPC in the town are marked as part of the same faction as the vampires, so even though violence is supposed to be an obvious option, it doesn't work.
>>
>>3428500
Did anything else break or did that just really annoy you?
>>
>>3428537
Not him but in the second quest of broken steel the scribe keep telling me to look at the map, I had to use cheats to advance the quest
>>
>>3428500
The quest works fine in vanilla.Did you use the new unofficial patch?It breaks the quest.
>>
>>3428540
Oh!
That's why.
The unofficial patch probably 'fixed' the problem that the Family and whateverthefuck that town was called not being the same faction in code, by making them the same faction from the get-go.

Fuck that patch, honestly. It makes the winterized power armor not infinite durability
>>
>>3428545
GOTY vanilla
>>
>>3428549
meant for
>>3428540
>>
>>3428436
Yes, the problem with Bethesda games is their gruel level design and toy gameplay. Most of this could be fixed if they went back to basics and made a normal dialogue driven CRPG with branching quests, but they think that their bad design is innovation and uniqueness when it's mostly just shit.
>>
Oblivion with guns is fun for what it is
>>
File: drooling-anime.gif (1.53 MB, 498x448)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
>>3428593
>normal dialogue driven CRPG
>>
>>3428907
Thinking you're smarter than making a Baldur's Gate clone is how you get Bethesda, anon.
>>
>>3429010
Bethesda is better than bald guy's gape
>>
i only defend it in the sense it was a pretty solid attempt at a post apoc open world game spun off Oblivion.
It's better than 4 but not as good as NV, though NV had the benefit of being an expansion to 3.

Still fails to capture the feel of the originals.
>>
>>3429196
I'd say FO3 translated FO1 feel pretty well, while NV was lacking
>>
>>3428270
I played it recently and had plenty of fun, much more fun than with New Vegas
>>
>>3428272
Thanks, I don't way some many people prays an unfinished game where you can't do shit except following others.

People are so retards that they fall into
>muh diversity factions
>muh diversity dialogue choices
Dude you still being a cuck that have to follow others instead of doing your own stuff.

Also both games are fake open-worlds with constant loading screens and boring shitholes/dungeons.
>>
>>3428270
What I don't understand is why they bothered making so many DLC's for this game, they were all like 10 minutes long.
>>
>>3428270
Because they are 360 kids that played it as their first rpg of any kind.
>>
>>3430851
*There is also basically 100% crossover between liking fallout 3 and defending the star wars prequels. People unfairly tar zoomers with retarded shit the youngest third or so of millennials are about
>>
File: 1709903508279429.png (1.43 MB, 1398x721)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>3428270
>2008
Metal Gear Solid 4, Far Cry 2, Burnout Paradise, Wrath of the Lich King, Dead Space, DMC4

I was going to say something about how it came out and was a technical marvel but that would be false. However, if you wanted to explore a 3d world and do sidequests in first person while raising stats it was (and bethesda mostly still is) your only option for that.

I will say the sidequests and setting are novel. Characters well done. Good unique music. Not the deepest game but fun for a 12 hour weekend clear I think.
>>
>>3428272
No only Shartout 3 is.
>>
>>3428407
>3 is shit.
Because it is.
>>3429038
Bethestroon has never made a good game, ever.
>>
>>3430923
>However, if you wanted to explore a 3d world and do sidequests in first person while raising stats it was your only option for that.
I don't know if younger people can appreciate that, with every game becoming an endless open world at some point. Ocarina of Time's Hyrule in 98 was impressive for a (mostly) 3D world.
>>
>>3428270
it was alot of peoples first fallout/bethesda game. mine included. i have been meaning to play 3 again to refresh my memorise but its apparently a bitch to run in modern systems. they should fix that.
>>
>>3431106
I had no problems playing it.
>>
>>3431111
the steam version? read the review page and alot of people seem to not beable to get it to start. im using windows 10.
>>
>>3431112
Yes, steam version on W10. Didn't use mods, don't remember having bugs/crashes
>>
>>3431114
good to know. will get the game one of these days. thanks.
>>
fo3 is fo1 in 3d
fnv is fo2 in 3d
simple as
>>
>>3431127
>fo3 is fo1 in 3d
it wishes
>>
>>3431127
fo3 is oblivion in post-apocalyptic sci-fi 50s
fnv is a fallout-inspired arpg
>>
>>3431141
>post-apocalyptic sci-fi 50s
So FO1
>>
>>3431145
No.
>>
>>3431147
You know it's true.
>>
>>3431152
I know it's false because I actually played both games.
>>
>>3431156
It's hard to admit.
>>
I think mechanically Fallout 3 is pretty solid. It takes the system from 1 and 2, streamlines it a bit and steals a page from how Deus Ex handled its FPS-RPG skills. Examples being weapon skills affect damage and accuracy and explosives skill affects the delay you have for disabling hostile mines.
Arguably, the skill system benefitted from the cutting and merging of certain skills (traps and thrower, first aid and doctor), skills like repair and science were generally far more useful than they were in the isometric games. VATS was a bit of a clever overhaul/implementation of Aimed shots.
However, even with its newer skill system, there's no incentive to specialize or vary your builds because of how generous the Skill Point rate, Bobbleheads, Skill Books and the Perk Rate are. Every build will feel exactly the same by the end of the game -- especially with Broken Steel active.

Artistically, I don't really care for it. It works, but comparing it to 1 and 2 makes it very apparent that 3 leaned too hard into certain things. I hate all the weapon redesigns from the old games despite a lot of people loving Adamowicz's art. Everything looks shoddily built and everyone lives in tin shacks despite the precedence being set for rebuilding.
I don't like how everything is built out of generic assets despite DC having a lot of distinct and varied architecture (This is more of a limitation of 2008, though). In general, I don't feel like Washington DC was depicted in an interesting fashion and all the locations outside DC were completely throwaway and not really 'accurate' to the Virginia/Maryland setting.
>>
>>3428272
>>3428279
both these posts are based, eat shit op
>>
>>3428270
Both 3 and NV are top games.
The exploration, the game mechanics etc. It just works. Oblivion is the same with swords. Skyrim fucked it up and everything since then is garbage.
>>
>>3428436
>every quest breaks if you try to solve in a different way.

Bullshit.
You alt+tab out of the game and read along as you play.
This way you can't fuck up and always get max xp.

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests
>>
File: 1636546313272.jpg (85 KB, 450x700)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>3428436
>gunplay is fucking trash
>if it was more like stalker it would be good
you've never played vanilla stalker
>>
>>3428407
retard. zero taste.
>>
>>3428270
>story axes the complex and thought out lore of the series for fanfiction-esque writing, warping factions like the brotherhood into caricatures
NCR can't beat some larpers in skirts that just throws spears and uses fucking herb and cactus for bullet wound and smelly crackheads outside of vegas but can defeat bunch of highly trained BOS unit in power armor because they just can
>roleplaying consists of "do you be an edgelord asshole who kicks puppies and enslaves children or do you be a decent guy"
Murderous maniacs that kills burns tortures everyone vs corrupted goverment (what an philosophical debate I wonder which one I should choose hmmmm)
lmao
Oh I see you just never played nv

Its simple you dumb fuck, people just realized 3 and NV is same but 3 is better because mojave fucking sucks
>>
>>3428270
I dont usually defend it cause it has plenty of clear issues and is one of the main culprits in Fallout IP being where it is right now, but its an actual innovative game with a good open world.
Its not bad, and most of the haters are shitters who worship e-celebs, like hbomberguy or some other cunt that npcs dickride.
>>
>>3433349
Man vanilla ShoC was so kino back in the day.
>Shit! Everywhere you look is shit, shit and idiots!
>>
>>3428272
this. why people think NV is good? its same shit like F3 oblivion with guns for low brow cretins
>>
NV is let down hard by being basically a F3 expansion.
I don't know how anyone can hate f3 then claim NV is a masterpiece.
Its good but its incapable of ever being a masterpiece unless its remade practically from scratch in another engine.
>>
>>3434871
>I don't know how anyone can hate f3 then claim NV is a masterpiece.
i think its zoomer pseudo nostalgia googles, game was shite, dropped it in half after 40 hours
>>
>>3434871
>>3434885
Nobody's buying it bethestroon.
>>
>>3434671
>if you hate it you worship e-celebs!!
No, it's just that bethestroon is inherently incapable of creating anything good. And people rightfully shit on it. Shartout 3 was only liked by braindead bethestroons, and nothing about it was innovative whatsoever. Stop being a retard
>>3434864
See >>3434978.
>>
>>3434412
>Oh I see you just never played nv
>while uttering a bunch of nonsense with 0 context and pretending xis troon-ass acktually played the game
>>
>>3434871
This, if you like one you like the other, it's the same fucking game
>>
>>3437445
Well, it's not that simple. Fallout 3 and New Vegas both go for very different tones and styles of world building. And they focus on different aspects of the game.
A person could like New Vegas for the writing, realistic worldbuilding, and emphasis on sidequests, and dislike Fallout 3 for it's different writing, more whimsical and silly worldbuilding, and focus on exploration and dungeons.

Though I do think for a person to love one strongly and dislike the other strongly, there has to be some mental gymnastics involved. That person is probably stopping themselves from liking one, or convincing themselves that they like the other.
>>
>>3430856
Eat my shit grandpa, I'm calling for total boomer death. You're just a bitter misanthropic finger-pointer senile stinky old far who's enraged by his own shitty taste in RPGs and kinos and can't cope that its not 1973 anymore and it never will be again.
>>
>>3430856
typo. I meant to call you a FART. Fallout 3 rules, so do tpm, aotc, and rots, you blind tasteless ungrateful faggot
>>
>>3428270
>Why does anyone defend this game?
it's the same answer every time, it never changes

because they were children when it came out
>>
>>3439347
I played 3 after 4, New Vegas, 2, and even 1, but I still really like 3
>>
>>3428270
because exploration > writing
>>
>>3428270
Cuz failout 4 is even worse lol
>>
>>3428272
Still way better games than 1 and 2 unless you just want to sit through the most boring combat to feel smart
>>
>>3441932
here is a (YOU), happy now, feeling satisfied with you post ?
>>
>>3428270
The capital wasteland was a fun place to explore, and some of the DLCs were alright, but otherwise it's a pretty average game at best
>>
>>3428270
Because it's the best Fallout game
>>
>>3428270
Contrarianism.
>>
>>3441932
That is like saying the original star wars trilogy was bad because it had the worst lightsaber fights.
>>
>>3444838
It was better at the time of its release.
Back in the late 2000s RPGs were falling off, writing was generally really bad, and the post-apocalyptic setting had yet to have been popularized in the AAA gaming space.
So back then Fallout 3 was one of the best written, most creative world-having, RPG on the market at the time. Especially for consoles.
>>
>>3428270
its fun
>>
>>3428270
It's fun if you're a newfag to games.
I found it fun; it was one of the first few games I ever played.
However, I would not dare to play it again because I know it's horrid. You'd have to pay me to play it. Even thinking back, I can't imagine why I had fun. You just shoot shit and it explodes in interesting ways, is the best I can think of.
>>
>>3449663
>tldr I'm a jaded elitist over children's larping toys now
>>
>>3449663
>fo3
>one of the first few games I ever played.
I'm too old for this site. Fo3 is great btw
>>
I nuked a whole city 15 minutes into the game. Game of the century
>>
>>3428270
FO3 was good when it came out because the fps/arpg+open world formula was novel. The writing is awful like all Bethesda games and there are some truly cringe inducing moments but the gameplay was solid for the time. New Vegas eclipsed it by improving on it in every way, so there's not much reason to revisit FO3 except nostalgia or because you're burnt out on New Vegas but want something similiar.
>>
>>3450051
>15 minutes
the vault is longer than that
>>
File: 1706233733587337.jpg (84 KB, 811x534)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>child sex slaves
>cannibalism
>companion is a rapist and serial killer
>can purchase 2 slaves
>blow up an entire city
Completely dunks and then shits on your favorite RPG. Boohoo the game gave me the choice to be evil! Cry about it nigger.
>>
>>3428270
>gunplay
Just say "shooting" you homo
>>
>>3451612
And people say new vegas is more realistic with the faggot and the dyke
>>
>>3428279
Lol
>>
>>3428270
Poos and contrarians. That's it. Anyone saying it's good is doing it for laughs or is a street shitter.
>>
>Why does anyone defend this game?
>defend
You mean "like"?
>>
File: worse than.jpg (29 KB, 422x173)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>3428270
>>
>>3457525
I had more fun with fallout 3 than with oot
>>
>>3434871
NV leaves a lot to be desired
Its a lot like morrowind, a prototype that should have been followed up on but is now a high water mark
Fallout 3 is dog shit and beneath contempt. No one defending it has played it in 15 years, they're just defending it because they falsely perceive an attack on them because they loved it as children
>>
>>3457525
Both were successful transitions to 3D
>>3457538
Hmm same. I do have tons of nostalgia towards OoT, and it's a more impressive game considering the time it came out
>>
>>3449534
>because it had the worst lightsaber fights
Untrue, because Empire and Return have significantly better combat than A New Hope. Personally, I'm not a fan of the spinny Matrix shit the prequels do, there isn't really any weight to it, barring the reactor room fight from Phantom Menace.
>>
>>3457604
>Its a lot like morrowind, a prototype that should have been followed up on but is now a high water mark
mfw this is true and I wish it weren't
>>
>>3428270
Fallout 3 'fans' you'll find on 4chan are in it purely for the culture war. Chud game good, tranny game bad. Elsewhere is a different story, some people are just stupid afterall.
>>
File: tranny this is you.jpg (237 KB, 853x1000)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>3457718
You said it, not me.
>>
if the games is so bad why does every single NV fag install TTW

Ironic to me because i only own NV and cbfd installing Fartout 3
>>
File: 65338.png (241 KB, 750x650)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>3457720
>cbfd
Conker's Bad Fur Day?
>>
>>3428270
>edgelord asshole
>or pussy putz who correctly gets taken advantage of by others
Fixed it for you
>>
>>3428406
>But in general Fallout 3 get's way too much hate
Yeah, this. Its handling of franchise's themes was way better than fans of Black Isle made it out to be back in the day.
>>
>>3428407
It was opposite, but a) the general opinions on what is the better game made at least two circles now, and b) now, especially with TV series, it is more "Bethesda lore vs Interplay/Obsidian lore" rather than F3 vs FNV.
>>
>>3428540
>>3428545
Fug.
See, this is why i approach "unofficial patches" very carefully. F2RP, for example, that was being hyped up as a definitive way to play F2, broke or changed all sorts of shit.
>>
>>3428545
>Fuck that patch, honestly. It makes the winterized power armor not infinite durability
Kek most of the hate for patches comes from fixing OP shit. Can be seen with patches for oblivion and skyrim too
>>
>>3434978
Ironic, since only trannies like NV.
>>
>>3428270
>story axes the complex and thought out lore of the series for fanfiction-esque writing
Exactly what New Vegas does.

> warping factions like the brotherhood into caricatures
You're a retard. The factions in the original games were caricatures as well. The fuck are you talking about?

Retarded over-simplification that boils down the choices to only 2 specific circumstances in the entire game. Eat shit.

At this point I'm wondering if you're trolling, considering the fact that the gunplay is a grade above New Vegas', and all the games from the 90's with "gunplay" comparable to Fallout 3 were not RPG's to begin with, so you're making a false comparison.

Now because of compatibility issues, yes, but before these, New Vegas used to crash more often than Fallout 3.

Get fucked, zoomer.
>>
>>3457293
Says the shit-eater.
>>
>>3449663
>You just shoot shit and it explodes in interesting ways
Holy shit, quality bait post. Or you're a crack smoking retard.
>It explodes in interesting ways
Lmao, what the fuck does this even mean? Even if that's your argument, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>3428436
That's not the quests breaking, you dumb-shit nigger, that's having consequences for your decisions.

>>decide to check a dungeon before talking a a npc ?
>>you failed the quest, he hates you now
I don't even know what the fuck this is referring to.
>>
>>3428406
The hate fallout 3 gets is not enough

The world is hostile to engagement, you literally cannot think about how any piece of it connects to any other piece without suspension of disbelief falling apart. Blithe idiotic suit decisionmaking like pushing the timeline forward 1000 years for no reason when the world they'd built would make sense 10 years after the bombs should show you what their priorities were. During oblivion's development bethesda became completely hostile to imagination in general and everything feels like it was based on an idea from a level designer's kid on a take your child to work day
>>
>>3458107
It takes place 200 years after the bombs dropped, not 1000. Nice cope-posting, tranny.
>>
>>3458109
Stupid cunt
>>
>>3434982
You didn't provide much context either, pal.
>>3428270
>axes the complex and thought out lore of the series
Nigga 1 and 2 had more bullshit changes and inconsistensies between them than 3 ever managed to add, starting with inconsistensy about the passage of time. If anything, 3 quietly removed some of the most retarded shit like talking deathclaws and molerats, and severely limited the psionics in the setting (which was a good thing).
>for fanfiction-esque writing
Really? What, pray tell, is "the most backwards and remote settlement grows into the continent's mightiest state", if not fanfiction-esque writing? Or pulling Enclave out of nowhere for F2? Or, if you brought New Vegas into this, a whole fucking DLC about a super cool donut steel other courier obsessed with PC for some reason, that is too smart for NCR and for whom Legion is not edgy enough? F3 suffers from the tropes lifted from generic fantasy (because Oblivion with guns), but fanfic? Nah. They found pretty believable reasons for BoS, Enclave and super mutants being in Washington, even recycling some of the Tactics' plot in the process.
>warping factions like the brotherhood into caricatures
Brotherhood was pretty straightforward in F1, and while in F3 it is different - it is addressed in-game via the conflict with Outcasts, and especially with Broken Steel quests about the water caravans. It is no more caricature than NCR in NV.
F3 is guilty of that, but mostly because of the fucked up Karma meter (which is fucked up way more in NV) and badly written dialog lines.
And i am not going to argue about the technical problems of a 16 years old game.
>>
>>3458131
>Nigga 1 and 2 had more bullshit changes and inconsistensies between them than 3 ever managed to add
Huh, I didn't realize it before, but Fallout 3 doesn't get the credit for removing or downplaying the bad decisions and dumb elements Interplay had put into Fallout.

Interplay between Fallouts 2, Tactics, and BoS had established
>Ghosts
>Nu Metal music
>Baals energy drink
>Talking deathclaws
>A sentient AI named fucking 'Skynet'
>Psychics
>Contemporary pop-culture and meta gags
>Faux-Scientologists
Into the setting.
All of which 3 decided to ignore.

3 brought the series back the normalcy of 1 and the more serious parts of 2, and allowed that to be the standard instead of tonally confused elements of the classic games.
>>
>>3428270
because i can mod the shit out of it. bethsda games are gems waiting to be polished by the community.
>>
File: edsdead.png (71 KB, 315x246)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
>>3458177
>Fallout 3 doesn't get the credit for removing or downplaying the bad decisions and dumb elements Interplay had put into Fallout.
Exactly (then they have introduced the synths, which also don't fit the setting imo, but that's another story). And it isn't only about Interplay which tried desperately to milk Fallout in 2000s, it is also about the questionable, to put it mildly, content introduced by Black Isle in Fallout 2. They did a very good job taming it.
>Talking deathclaws
Namely them. Interestingly, even Tactics handled it better then F2, since only matriarch was able to communicate, and her ability was nowhere near the one of Goris. They were very smart animals, but still animals.
In F3 there were just Enclave-controlled deathclaws, and i think it is for the best.
As for the stuff mentioned,
>Psychics
Psychics were already in F1. Although i didn't think that they belonged to the setting even back then. Neither F1 nor F2 did anything interesting with them anyway.
>Ghosts
I don't mind them as long as they are treated like ghosts in-universe: most people don't believe in them, and they are a rare and clearly supernatural occurance not really tied to gameplay mechanics or worldbuilding. Something like Dunwich building is OK, something like Laura in F2 is less OK but still OK.
>>
>>3458177
>>3458221
>Contemporary pop-culture and meta gags (including Skynet)
Meh. They are fine if tasteful and they aren't really tarnishing the canon while contained (for the record: Pinky and Brain in F2 is neither). Fallout 1 opened with Pulp Fiction reference, of all things.
>Faux-Scientologists
I have mixed thoughts about them. On one hand, a powerful cult totally fits the setting. On the other, they were totally buried beneath the weight of being le epic Tom Cruise reference which didn't age well.
>Nu Metal music
>Baals energy drink
Those stayed in BoS. Not like anyone cared, especially since it was a barely marketed PS2 spinoff of a then-PC-exclusive franchise. I don't think Bethesda even had to specifically say that it isn't canon, since of the people that i know who played Fallout, barely anyone even knew it existed.
>>
>>3458221
Nobody ever gave a shit about bos or tactics as canon because they obviously sucked and didn't have bethesda pseudo-AAA marketing to make them stick anyway
>>
Fallout 3 sucks
>>
My biggest problem with FO3 is the enemy level scaling. At max level, enemies are bullet sponges and the only weapons that still perform well are the 2 alien blasters, the special plasma pistol from the UFO that eats up 2 ammo at a time, and to a lesser extent the plasma rifle the android gives you. All other ranged weapons do too little damage. The only alternative is to wear the Chinese stealth suit and mince everyone with Jack the Ripper, which is cheesy and boring.
>>
i started three and i realise there are no good perks in this game.
>>
>>3458114
Dumb tranny
>>
>>3458615
You are fat
>>
>>3428270
I like it.
>>
>>3458177
>3 brought the series back the normalcy of 1 and the more serious parts of 2
No it didn't
>>
>>3428279
Parasocialism is a hell of a thing indeed.
>>
>>3458177
>>3458131
You guys suck, talking deathclaws should have 100% been kept in the game. Then we could have had race select in games to choose between human, ghoul, deathclaw and robot.
>>
>>3458853
>no supermutant
Gaiiiiii.
>robot
Robots in Fallout are mere mechanisms. Also fuck synths.
>>
>>3428270
>muh new vegas
>muh fallout 3
fallout ttw
you indians(f3) and you trannies(NV) can kiss my ass
>>
>>3458229
>pseudo-AAA marketing
What's the difference with regular AAA marketing?
>>3458229
Tactics didn't suck. Nobody still gave a shit about canon though indeed, since it was a spinoff which didn't affect much.
>>
>>3458910
I like that it adds depth to the stories of both games. Also, it is my go-to way of playing F3 now, with all of NV's QoL stuff and updated special. Best of both worlds really.
>>
>>3431159
kill yourself you illiterate faggot
>>
>>3458913
bethesda does cheap development then spends advertising money like real AAA publishers do, I'm calling that practice pseudo-AAA
>>
>>3458910
>>3458915
based
>>
in what order should i tackle the dlc? doing it in release order sounds boring.
>>
>>3459428
>in what order should i tackle the dlc? doing it in release order sounds boring.
You should do it in release order
>>
>>3459428
In Fallout 3?
Doesn't really matter.
Something which is fun is to rush doing Operation Anchorage first since it gives you a free suit of t-51 power armor which doesn't need repairing and free power armor training,

Mothership Zeta, honestly just play with that turned off. That way you can take the Alien Blaster gun without having to play through a boring DLC.
Though maybe play through it once just to see it. There is some neat stuff there.

The Pitt and Point Lookout are awesome. Maybe do Point Lookout first since it's a bit easier.
>>
>>3428270
Fallout 3 has some great world design and side quests. The exploration is fun and very immersive. It s a very atmospheric game. The main story is indeed the weakest part, namely how Colonel Autumn and the Enclave are handled.
>>
>>3460168
President Eden was handed pretty well though, should have been the main villain
>>
>>3462318
You're an abomination, kill yourself.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.