[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

So much evidence led us to believe it was. I read some anon on here say indoctrination theory was true and that bioware meant to leave it open to interpretation to drive discussion of the game. I wonder if that anon is still posting on this board. He seemed very knowledgeable on mass effect.
>>
bot thread
>>
incopetrination theory
>>
>>3442673
You're likely speaking about Lorechad the king of all schizos, yup he is still alive and still lurking luckily. Go hop in one of his wacky threads to ask for IT support if you wish.
>>
>>3442687
Is he only a lorechad about mass effect or other games too?
>>
>>3442695
He has exceptional knowledge of many types of RPG lore to the point that he struggles with distinguishing any discernable difference between real life and RPGs. He apparently operates under some schzoid delusion that he is an RPG protagonist irl so naturally he's very good at playing actual RPGs. Examples of his peculiar insanity include how he will often boldly approach strangers in public to ask for rumors and side quests, experiances nearly zero fear of danger and death, constantly cripples himself economically because he typically engages in the RPG cliche of heroes not wanting material rewards for his oddjobs just insisting XP and alignment points are fair payment, enjoys meeting and recruiting new party members, has an autistic obsession with pulling off nearly impossible negotiations which he views as passing speechraft checks, trained his body to rarely require sleep, trained his body so he can nearly beat the actual Commander Shepard or a similar RPG chad in a drinking contest, never stays in one area too long because RPG characters don't settle down, generally has over 100 pounds of stuff in his personal inventory, loves sleeping in tents, is a voracious bookworm, loves staying in a variety of inns, deeply enjoys repairing everyday items as their condition stat deteriorates, works out excessively which he seems to interpret as leveling up stats like strength and endurance, but is also freakishly obsessed with many other forms of self improvement which he considers leveling up crap like his charisma attribute or his science skill. That type of stuff. Because his schizophrenia has him convinced he is an RPG hero irl, he seems to possess unique talents for discovering countless rare insights into RPG lore with an astonishing magnitude for outside the box thinking
>>
>>3442739
Is that probably the guy in the mass effect thread talking about what could be an in game reason why nobody calls Shepard by his first name? It seems like all the posts in that thread are being made by the same person. And that thread is very schizo tier
>>
>>3442673
The devs said it wasn't true. Pretty stupid considering it was more interesting and believable than the trash story and ending we got. They should have just lied and went with it.
>>
>>3442673
wasn't hero man rebuild from reaper tech and his own charred remains ?
IDK if you can trust a techno zombie barbeque man
>>
File: Most insane Krogan.jpg (223 KB, 1280x720)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>3442673
>anon on here say indoctrination theory was true and that bioware meant to leave it open to interpretation to drive discussion of the game
Uh iirc correctly anon asked me my for my personal input on IT December 2nd in my earlier thread posted about Thresher Maws right? I woke up that rainy morning homestead full of water my favorite OmniTool in a nearby river my face cut up af to shit etc. I told anon im temporarily blind in 1 eye and other eye hurt bitch on redsand-crackcoke when I view computer screens so Id get back to him later. 2 weeks later Im back at full HP so I reply 30like IT redpills across about 6some posts, 1 extra important point being Bioware originally never desired to confirm nor deny IT, but a similar never-ending flow of free advertising "autistic fans debating ending" profitable scenario like FO3 Jew Vegas operates on. BUT many years after ME3 Launch Bioware had to officialy deny IT (EA maybe Bioware them "Deny IT or burn!" too lol) bc inumerable autists on Bioware Forums were REEing hard af threatening to boycott Bioware if IT wuz confirmed! Bretty fascinating how the contrarians essentially ate the other contrarians there! Nobody screencaped those IT redpills I posted...? It'd save me the time of trying to recall&retype them

>I wonder if that anon is still posting
I almost wasn't posting anymore ever again as of March 21st long story. luckily in my homeland youre allowed to burn 99% of life savings fighting gey legal battles 22 months spawning from baseless fabricated fake police reports. As a man of infinite patience I dont much dread the thought of being locked up in a cage like an animal for 9 years personally, wouldn't bother me much, but that'd be bad for of quality life in many sectors like /vrpg/, a sizable portion of the province, of NJ, etc. luckily Im a free man now as fate had it this bs legal nightmare chapter of my life is finally over. good, means I may proceed posting moar based af schizo Lores for you rpg nerd niggers
>>
File: Does not compute.jpg (30 KB, 338x343)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>3442673
>He seemed very knowledgeable
I sure as shit am, thank you for noticing kind sir

>So much evidence led us to believe IT was true
Yes. I could easily name dozens of evidence points supporting IT. Problem is when I do so I get swarmed by retarded anons who half-assedly counter only 4 or at best 5 of my total 30+ points and start loudly schreeeching:

>"CHECKMATE! I WIN INDOCTRINATION THEORY DEBUNKED!"

>>3443063
Why yes that thread is one of mine and yes about 40% to 60% of the posts in that thread are mine you're welcome. on slower boards I tend to (you) most posters in my threads if I'm not super busy

>>3444339
>The devs said it wasn't true
I just gave a qrd redpill why the devs said that in my wall of text above

>IT was more interesting and believable than the trash story and ending we got
True. IT was way cooler and more mysterious than OMG 3 COLORZ RGB MISTER MANHATTAN 4D GOD SHEPARD WTFff bs. IT left a lack of answers as to what Shepard was up to after ME3. It was interesting how ME3 is the only mainstream RPG with no "final boss fight" included. Subtle, based, like whoa almost as if the very force of "Indoctrination" itself was the real ME3 final boss fight all along instead of say Bioware just having a final boss fight against another ZOMG GIANT BABY HUMAN RAPER again for ME3?

>Bioware should have just told its retarded fanbase "NO!" and just went with IT anyway
This. And if Commander Shepard is not the main character in ME4 it'll fail harder than consuming a vorcha turd sandwhich without the fancy space bread
>>
>>3444728
Typo, I actually meant to say:

>Perhaps in a secret meeting, EA even warned Bioware "Deny IT or burn!" lol

Pic unrelated but soul
>>
File: Andraste_triptych.jpg (509 KB, 1800x1550)
509 KB
509 KB JPG
>>3444758
If you're lorechad tell me what you think about the Dragon Age Origins theory that Andraste was a reincarnation of Dumat, the first Blight's Archdemon, born through the same kind of ritual Morrigan can do with the protagonist to reincarnate the Archdemon as a human child at the end of the game.
>>
>>3442678
>>3442684
Double bot posts nothing to see here.
>>
>>3444817
Ask again next year! I havent beaten DAO or Endreal, started both got bored moved on to different games. But those 2 I wanna to beat bc ppl keep asking me about them, I feel bad whenever Lore questions are left unanswered. Im told theyre ME but Fantasy mode, idkwtf that mean? I'm also not a a 1-game-at-a-time guy. More of a 9-game-at-a-time guy. This April Im currently juggling playing Skyrim AE, NES Punchout, FF1 4 8, Jedi Outcast, Kotor 2, GTA San Andreas, MM 1+2. Also quirky about the RPGs I play and replay some too much when I'd spend time wiser exploring new RPGs. I.E. beat Chrono Cross more than 5 times but still havent did CT yet, beat ME1 2 and 3 more than 10 times each and never plan to try Andromeda ever, etc

All I can tell you about DAO is just the 3% of the game I beat so far again sorry for being a lazy nigger. I played all intro stories, carefully deciding who to roll. Decided human noble. Got to the tree riddler guy and I said fuck it. you ask about Morgan Lore? shes super cute! Im pretty into machiavellian goth outcast shapeshifters myself. I'm curious if Lorewise she can shapeshift into a youngling 12 year old variant of herself during fade2black romances, bc Lorewise my brief impression of Morgan is she would get super fucking turned on by such a suggestion, unlike most women who'd throw whiney hissy fits and call us creepers. What I find based about her Lore is I was only 3% into Volume 1 and she was begging to make out with me 24/7. Unlike Tali who I must go 80% into Volume 2 to get in bed. If I were in charge of ME Legendary re-writes I'd suggest a savage New Game+ feature. After completing a playthrough of entire trilogy staying loyal to only one squaddie, in future playthroughs on that file your Shepard can start banging her from the get-go! I.E. Say you complete a run of ME Trilogy and ONLY bang Tali, you unlock the ability to just start banging Tali 3% into 1st Volume. trust me it'd sell plenty space burgers if you catch my drift
>>
File: Lets chug some Ryncol.jpg (38 KB, 1100x550)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3444349
>Whatever happened to Lorechad?
>He died, there is an undead imposter clone of Lorechad upgraded with top secret Raper tech lurking here but idk if I really trust robots
no. I was only "mostly dead". Try finding that option government paperwork. I'm also constantly accused of being schizo and/or some AI droid-machine of sorts too, as well as accused of being some unhingened drunken pervert, and etc. Don't know why to be honest
>>
>>3442673
Yes.
>>
>>3444339
But if Bioware intends to outright insist all validity to the theory is suddenly debunked now, aren't they obligated to provide an explanation for why Shepard was utterly immune to indoctrination for over 3 years?
>>
>>3444339
If nothing else they needed to add some minor mission where they get some kind of anti-indoctrinaton tech because shepard never having to deal with it in any form until tim makes him shoot anderson is seriously bad. It would even be less bad if tim tried and failed to control shepard because at least then he could just be built different
>>
>>3442739
>>3444728
Sounds like a completely based dude to have a beer with and recommend the best bar on the Citadel up on the karaoke machine.

Much better than listening to common schleps that can't distinguish between leftist fantasy propaganda and RL.
>>
The Indoctrination Theory is so true that a lot of ME Fans are indoctrinated into believing that is true
>>
>>3442673
no it's just a massive schizoid cope people came up with because they couldn't fathom how dumb the actual story was
>>
As with all media, fans overanalyze it and make up conclusions for things the creators never thought of or intended.
>>
>>3449630
>Mass Effect fans overanalyze IT and make up fake illogical gey conclusions like lemmings
Idk, your commentary sounds darn heckin' similar to when Andersoon Pooper and the other homo clown pundits on CNN impotently attempt to scold us for wrongthink:

>"Dangerous skeptics overanalyze the 9/11 terrorist attacks and make up st00pid schizo conclusions! How dare they do this?? They need to stfu and blindly trust The Official story! Please be a good goy and report your neighbors for "Conspiracy to Commit Conspiracy" immediately if you suspect overly-analytical activety!"
>"Undesirable Historians overanalyze the Holocaust and make up brainless conclusions questioning the validity of Adolf Hitler's infamous 6 Billion total KOs stat! This is dangerously unacceptable! Please smear, report and shame any and all of these misinformation-terrorist schizo traitors ASAP and get a permanant 3+ buff to your social credit score, citizen!"
>"Clueless mentally disturbed conspiracy theorist groups overanalyze today's events making up insane conclusions that Jeffrey Epstein did not kill himself! And that's a bad thing, those fools need to grow up, stfu and trust the plan. But at least you, the viewer, are a very good boy for wisely trusting our official story! Good job son, we're proud of you here at CNN."

Idk breh, what if critical thinking and overanalysis are good things, and what if CNN is a bad thing? Whoa

>>3449131
>Sounds like a completely based dude
Yup thats what they all keep telling me

>Beer
Im no fan of women's alcohol (beer and wine) bc only 100 proof or more lets me achieve intoxication

>best bar on the Citadel is..?
Idk. I stopped visiting bars around the same time every bartender in my province morphed into overly-entitled karen brats who hate jokes. They all fasley accuse you of being too drunk thus kick you out of her bar if you dare tell a joke. Literally no fun allowed anymore, so now I drink mid-adventure, at my playerhomes, at frens homes, at Inns, etc
>>
File: Shepard survives this.jpg (55 KB, 900x436)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>3442673
The rumored dark energy endings sounded a little gay. The RGB face value endings are even gayer, especially since they provide zero explanation at all for how the hell Shepard survived pic related. Indoctrination Theory is the best ending of these 3 possible choices
>>
File: good news.jpg (43 KB, 686x386)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>3442673
Good news looks like we caught a break Commander, I was digging around in my OmniTools' old files and it turns out I saved that 32 parter greentext of IT redpills I mentioned ITT a few days ago. I'll go ahead about posting them shortly
>>
>>3453461
Things Bioware wanted players "talking about" regarding if The Kid on Earth was ever even real:
>1. If you backtrack a bit through the level, the "park" the kid was playing in disappears. As in a company very rushed for time still decided to go back and make 2 seperate versions of the map
>2. The oddity of how every time you lay eyes on this child, he is standing next to a "danger" or "caution" sign which happens with no other character in the Trilogy.
>3. Seems impossible for him to get from rooftop A to rooftop B in time.
>4. Less than 100 seconds into the intro level, the kid runs straight thru a locked door icon. Only happens once in the Trilogy and, this is a VERY obvious early "glitch" that seems implausible for dozens of QA Testers to "miss"
>5. That HUGE Reaper laser explosion that happened seconds after he entered the building obviously would've disintigrated a real child.
>6. Those metal ventillation plates he's crawling one after the explosion should be hundreds of degrees in tempature.
>7. NOBODY notices the child except Shepard. Anderson makes Zero interaction with him. The rescue crew makes Zero interaction with him.
>8. When Anderson distracts Shepard and the child Instantly Vanishes, Shepard hears the good ol "Growl of Indoctrination Resistance"
>9. The eery pic related indicates Shepard's Subconcious is attempting to warn him "If you continue to trust this child, you are going to burn and suffer for it, metaphorically!"
>11. "Oily Shadows" in Shepards Starchild nightmares, which is exactly what the Rachni Queen warned you to watch out for
>12. At the end of the game, Starchild is even "voiced by Shepard". Listen to the scene with headphones, the kids voice comes out both speakers, Meer's voice comes out the right speaker, Hale's voice comes out the left speaker. Almost like a subtle indication Shepard was imaging the kid all along? (And that Shep was a closet tranny too? WTF?)
>>
>>3453461
Things Bioware wanted the players "talking about" regarding easily "leaked Coding":
>1. On the crashlanding pic related planet, the filenames for the flora is not titled with things "Plant" or "Foilage". Instead they are titled with things like "DreamPlant" and "DreamFoliage". This would indicate that this planet does not exist in reality, and it only exist within Shepard's dreams.
>2. If you take a look at any Mass Effect art guidebook, it will mention how the developers pay meticlous attention to animating characters eyeballs "properly" during cutscenes. Now if you play the Ending again, that scene is designed very carefully that Anderson and TIM never lay eyes on each other, its as if they're not even aware the other one is there as they NEVER break eyecontact with Shep.
>3. When you examine any dialogue file in the Triology, it always contains a "spoken to" coding segment. Anderson speaks zero lines to TIM, and TIM speaks zero lines to Anderson according to the game's code, even the lines "Listen to yourself, you're Indoctrinated!" and "grrr... They're controlling YOU!" are spoken to Shep, not to TIM.
>4. During the EC cutscene in which all the Relays explode, the Earth Relay does not explode first. In fact, The Viper Relay explodes first, and that was already destroyed long ago in Mass Effect 2. This error seems too monumental to be a mere coincidence, dozens of game designers and QA testers alike would have been constantly collaborating on that cutscene for weeks, it seems unlikely that they would miss the mark SO much that not only does Earth Relay NOT explode first, but even that a defunct Relay DOES explode first, unless Bioware was "subtley" trying to get players to debate the Ending's meaning for free PR marketing
>>
>>3453461
Things Bioware wanted players "talking about" regarding the final level:
>1. Coats does a huge 180, going against Anderson's "No retreat" order, at the exact moment Shepard gets beamed
>2. After Shepard is beamed, the map is completely littered with Dead Ashleys (only other time in the games you see Phoenix Armor) and Dead Kaidens and new Oily Shadow Plants. First of all there shouldn't be corpses, the beam disintigrates its victims. Secondly, why is a gaming company rushed for time wasting their valued time doing 2 versions of 1 map yet again?
>3. Pic related is kind of sus
>4. Shepard only does that creepy af HUSK-BARK noise exactly 1 second after Anderson starts speaking. As if Shepard was about to give up, but his will, represented by Anderson, urges Shepard not to quit.
>5. Why is Coats on the Citadel?
>6. After Anderson gets shot in the side-belly, Shepard's side-belly mysteriously begins bleeding excessively instead of Anderson's.
>7. Shepard's memories of the Citadel imitate TIM's Office, Shadowbroker Ship and Collector Ship?
>8. There's no route Anderson could have taken to beat Shepard to The Citadel Master Control Panel.
>9. That is NOT even the same Citadel Master Control Panel as ME1, it is a completely different room
>10. Infinite Ammo and No Reloads and a new Pistol?
>11. Shepard's health is all over the place. Before seeing StarChild Shepard could barely breathe/speak, and had to slowly crawl on his belly to reach him. Yet suddenly when he meets him Shepard is standing and chatting healthy as a Krogan?
>12. How does Hackett even know Shepard reached The Citadel?
>13. How is Shepard surviving half naked in space?
>14. The big one, HOW did Shepard (no helmet btw) Survive the force of roughly 1000 Nuclear Bombs exploding inside an Orbiting Space Station to casually wake up covered in London Rubble just in time for Buzz Aldrin to announce him as the protag of ME4?
>>
>>3453461
Little "etc things" Bioware wanting autistic fans arguing over for free PR:
>1. If Shepard spent 3 damn years fighting with Reapers, howcome he never faced any Indoctrination Symptoms himself?
>2. Howcome Mass Effect 3 seems to be the only action RPG with no Final Boss Battle? Was "Indoctrination" actually supposed to be the Real Final Boss all along or something?
>3. Was anything supposed to come of the "Plot Point" of Shepard falling asleep for 48 hours next to a gargantuan Reaper artifact during the Arrival DLC?
>4. Wasn't it strange how Admiral Hacket never mentioned anything to Shepard like "Even though we're not sure what the Crucible does exactly, we've at least ascertained that there seem to be 3 very seperate parts of the Crucible that appear to perform 3 very different unknown functions. I'm sorry Commander, but thats really all we know at this point. We're all in the dark here."
>5. Howcome Harbinger failed to disintigrate Shepard? If you leave the game unpaused 8 during the beam run, hilariously enough the game will have Harbinger laser all those Alliance organic insects the entire time, never failing to miss even one. IN FACT if you left the game unpaused for about a month in that spot Harbinger would quickly anhilate 6 million Alliance soldiers without a single "miss". Yet he totally "misses" Shepard? And then mysteriously flies away? Wtf?
>6. WTF did Harbinger mean when he kept reptitively telling me "Your mind WILL be Ours, Shepard!!"? Like why did the Geth/Collectors/Rapers/Levithans all have this mysterious obsession with Shepard too...?
>>
Reapers are so powerful that turned people into schizos irl
>>
File: This boy is not real.jpg (97 KB, 1400x700)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>3442673
Kkk there you are OP, thanks for asking hopefully this redpills you and others because attached below is a direct copypasta of of my reply to anon asking for IT input in my Thresher Maws thread. My bad on being like a week late, I wasn't sure if or where I saved a datafile of those posts. Enjoy. NIGGER SOUP EAT UP SCHIZO!!

Oh and please note that true IT chads believe the Rapers gave little-to-know fucks about Indoctrinating Shepard to make him turn traitor against Alliance and the Citadel Council, they were actually far more interested in Indoctrinating you because they wanted to upload your mind to their own digital database (presumably this happens automatically with every sapient they Indoctrinate) because they legitimately find the Commander impressive and fascinating for "reasons unknown". Hence Harbinger constantly screaming ingame lines like:

>"YOUR MIND WILL BE OURS, SHEPARD!"
>"KEEP SHEPARD'S BODY INTACT IF POSSIBLE!"
>"YOU CAN NOT RESIST (the Indoctrination) SHEPARD!"

>>3453708
>>3453711
>>3453715
>>3453716
LORE CHADS RISE UP
>>
File: The suicide mission.jpg (568 KB, 3840x2160)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
>>3448897
Checked and correct. The segment of TIM controlling Shepard's gunfire feels extra surreal and dreamy considering The Ranoch Raper (who ironically enough even has the ingame line "Shepard, you resist [the Indoctrination]! But you will fail!" lol) never makes Shepard open fire on Tali. Also Soverign never makes Shepard open fire on Liara on Virmire nor on the Citadel. The baby Raper at Collector HQ in the Galactic core never makes Shepard shoot Miranda in her cute butt nor in her perfect boobies either. Hm. So okay suddenly TIM is even more powerful than Rapers now, wtf? Just another addition to a long list of bulletpoints how that how that segment feels intentionally written to come across like some nightmare vibey non-reality scenario

obviously is Anderson and TIM feel very out-of-character the whole scene while all frantic and shit spazzing out like enraged schizoid epiliptics tripping on redsand and ryncol
>>
File: Liara hates bots.jpg (53 KB, 240x320)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3453723
The only schizo ITT is you sir. Or worse, you are artificial, a bot. Perhaps even an incel on top of all that? Fucking christ, absolutely deplorable, just so tiresome. Go cope and seethe faggot
>>
File: The cycle continues.jpg (83 KB, 500x667)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>3449621
>Mass Effect 3: The Space Niggers Strike Back!
>Whoa wtf did Bioware mean WHAT was this crap? How is Shepard still even alive and breathing after getting simultaneously disintegrated and spaced whilst naked? Is he okay? Did Shepard die...?
>Who was the space RPG's final boss...? Wait... What if that mysterious star shota ghost was final boss?
>This kid clearly does not want me to pick the Destroy option. Noted, very interesting. Ironically enough this robotic abomination (while disguised as a child himself) keeps talking down to Shepard scolding us treating us like we're a child, in a clear petty manipulation attempt to guilt Shepard into automatically ending all racism in The Galaxy by picking Control option or Synth option.
>"Alright, in that case I pick Destroy. Heh, nothing personal kid!"
>"No, please wait! Commander, consider the Galactic consequences first, because you can't pick Red! Allow me to elaborate, because you jus.."
>"Enough! I've made my decison! I'm in command of this operation! I choose Red! Cope, kiddo."
>CLOSE program: GhostlyChild_voice03.exe
>RUN program: HarbingerReaper_voice01.exe
>"SO BE IT!!"
Or you're just in a massive NPCoid cope blindly trusting the shitty cringe face value endings. Shame upon you for treating the word of this deliberately dishonest gay racist robot ghost kid like he speaks the truthful holy word of an infailable messiah without so much of a second thought that the robot might be perhaps be programmed to be capable of lying to serve his own concealed agenda(s) or something
>>
File: 1701542719904069.jpg (35 KB, 448x270)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Why did everything in the world go to shit after ME3?
>>
File: Earth vs 1 Reaper.png (300 KB, 640x360)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>3454757
>BY THE GODS, WHY!? WHY, MAN? WHY DID THIS ALL HAPPEN IN 2012?
Idk, but I ordered my ship's AI to do some calculations to try to answer your intriguing question. As it turns out, it is quite amusing to just stand waiting on top of the hill during The Final Beam Rush segment. Harbinger will cremate at minimum 25 Alliance foot soldiers per minute (although his Laser mysteriously enough misses Commander Shepard somehow, and then mysteriously flies away. About as coincidental as Harbinger miraculously accidentally shooting Holy Water Beams at Commander Shepard instead of Lethal Disintegration Beams) if you just stand there watching casually. So should Shepard stand there for 60 minutes, he will watch Harbinger annihilate over 1,500 Alliance soldiers without fail. And if you stand there for 1 day, Harbinger will BTFO over 36,000 Alliance soldiers in real time without a single miss. It gets wilder, because if you stand there for a whole week, letting his Holocaust continue, Harbinger will fry well over 250,000 Alliance soldiers in that short time. if you keep standing on top of the hill for a whole month the Harbinger will cremate well over 1,000,000 humans without a single missed laser shot. Or make Shepard stand in that spot for 6 months, over 6 fucking million Alliance soldiers WILL die charging the beam! JESUS FUCK!

So going purely by my schizo math here, Harbinger is more than 8 times more powerful than Adolf Hitler was. He can literally disintigrate humans at more than 8 times the rate, accomplishing the same Holocaust KO Count in under 6 months that took the nazis over 4 years. Impressive. But either way you must admit it's strange how Harbinger miracously missed beaming Commander Shepard, considering he was able to succesfully Bullseye the previous 6 million Alliance soldiers without any targeting errors to speak of...

Im not saying these Holocausts (Hitler's and The Harbinger's) never happened, but, doesn't something feel kinda "off" here to you guys?
>>
So the Asaris should have nipples or not?
>>
>>3454846
This is also a good question too. Ask your Commander, she certainly seems to encounter innumerable amounts of beautiful naked Asari fangirls during her missions if you catch my drift
>>
>>3449207
>>3442673
>ITT: the fake lorebeards all being blown out of the water up and down left and right by the True Lorebeards in the midst of lots and lots of new Lolocaust Lore all suddenly dropping
OMFG HAPPENING NOW!
>>
>>3453730
>>3453716
>>3453715
>>3453711
>>3453708
>>3453461
>>3452599

>Oh and please note that true IT chads believe the Rapers gave little-to-know fucks about Indoctrinating Shepard to make him turn traitor against Alliance and the Citadel Council, they were actually far more interested in Indoctrinating you because they wanted to upload your mind to their own digital database (presumably this happens automatically with every sapient they Indoctrinate) because they legitimately find the Commander impressive and fascinating for "reasons unknown".
What was going on with the indoctrinated Cerberus members on the derilect reaper? They were remembering things from other peoples experiences as if their minds were being merged. That never was seen again in terms of indoctrination
>>
File: Indoctrination Error.jpg (16 KB, 480x360)
16 KB
16 KB JPG
>>3454943
>Wtf happened to TIMs Cerberus science team in Hawking Eta Cluster?
>They were remembering things from other peoples experiences as if their minds were being merged
Yes. It was an Indoctrination glitch bc the Raper they were investigating was dead, looong dead for over 35,000,000 years. Given that the AI's mind was essentially "clinically braindead" to roughly translate to human terms, the counsciousnesses of the 100+ organic Cerberus bros were unable to properly upload into the Raper's counsciousness/database as usual here. resulted in some Indoctrination mechanisms bugging out. Cerberus agents all rapidly started merging minds with each other, as opposed to merging minds with the Raper, given how the machine no longer had mind to merge with anymore! braindead AI so typical Indoctrination process went haywire, unknown why they Huskified or how they managed to fabricate a passable Raper IFF device. a Massive crippling blow to TIM himself in a way as well, he lost over 100 of his top guys on the project

Speaking of. I recomend ME2 players avoid being OCD plot armor-doning Mary Sues. As soon as TIM mentions his top science team suddenly stop reporting in from the Brown Dwarf world Mnemosyone, go there ASAP. Without spoilers, doing so triggers endgame mode prevents one from cheesing ME2 up for infinite time so Shepard can easily save everybody for muh happily ever after bs. Not flying to the Throne system the moment TIM says to is 100% exploiting ME2, cheating! John has to live with a very grim reality of knowing he can't save everyone during the Suicide Mission, adds a very serious sense of meta layers in terms of consider whose loyalty is most valuable towards success of the mission? Players complain big choices barely matter in ME, to a degree theyre right, but you can add a huge choice/consequence meta element by just not gaying up ME2 Lore via exploits eliminating plotpoints of John knowing hes suddenly operating on a Very strict timeframe after Horizon
>>
>>3454997
>managed to fabricate a passable Raper IFF device
Fabricate? I thought it was real. Also, what is the imortance of this scene with the knowledge of me3? Was it just a plot point that was abandoned? Similar to dark energy?
>>
>>3442673
The only thing that we can know for certain is that the writing is terrible.
>>
>>3455002
>>3454943
>Fabricate
I meant fabricate in the sense of designing it to be sophisticated enough to the fool Raper Tech such as the Omega 4 Relay and etc tricking it into identifying the Normandy SR-2 as a friendly Raper ship

>what is the ingame plot value of this IFF knowledge in ME2?
The Raper IFF gave Mordin Solus and the other Normandy scientists (especially EDI) shiploads of new useful data to work with searching for valuable insights into Raper tech urgent to Shepard's mission. Actually the Raper IFF almost murdered EDI at least one point, but they were able to install the IFF stable enough and able to succesfully fool the Omega 4 Relay soon enough. It's also possible the IFF even made the Collectors experiance additional difficulty detecting the Normandy SR-2's location when Shepard was sacking the Galactic Core

>what is the ingame plot value of this IFF knowledge in ME3?
In ME3 the Raper IFF serves as an additional layer of stealth for your already top-of-the-line advanced stealth ship, like IFF stealth tech was so advanced that the gypsy and lizard "spy" followers perhaps failed to replicate it right when they both ran off like bandits with your schematics of Normandy's stealth systems at that. Simply put it makes it even harder for the Rapers/Raper tech to decect Shepard's ship in than it otherwise would've been for them during ME3, but still not impossible. And the IFF is presumably something EDI herself has to update hundreds of times a day in ME3 to keep it functioning properly iirc, considering as how she sometimes comments about how her own cyber-warfare algorthims are constantly evolving 24/7 every single Galactic second (0.52 earth seconds) at an exponential rate and shit
>>
>>3444761

I'm still mad about mass effect 2 and 3
>>
File: miranda goes nuts.jpg (237 KB, 1268x792)
237 KB
237 KB JPG
>>3455009
Nice dubs agent but actually the ending is by no means even the biggest flaw. The start of ME3 is at least twice as bad by my calculations. EA really is twisting the players fucking arm here into making me suspend my disbelief that my hardcore "Renegade" chud Shepard who hates Batarians would somehow willingly surrender his ship to make nice and happily appeas these evil 4-eyed terrorist freaks? Thats bullshit, almost all Shepards LOVE their ship and almost Shepards HATE Batarians, so why not include a renegade option in Arrival DLC to tell Admiral Hackett to eat shit and refuse to port the Normandy SR-2 and accept imprisonment like a spineless cuck? You'd lose War Assests because Batarians declare war on humanity in protest, maybe the Council is infuriated, and ME3 starts with a different intro, in space. Its weak how the game forces me to give up my ship, and because Batarian protests of all reasons? Wow. Another thing that is pathetic and gay about ME3s flawed intro is how we didn't even realize our own Mars Archives had Crucible tech until 33 years later? Wtf? I was always hoping ME2 and ME3 would contain tons of missions on Mars and Luna before these games released, so imagine my disappointment when I finally get a Mars mission in ME3 and they fucking blow it with this Crucible Circus. The long awaited Mars mission really deserved better, and if Bioware really wanted to make the game revolve around the Crucible, it's schematics shouldn't have been discovered in the Mars Archives of all places, they can at least have it be found somewhere in hidden in the Sol system if the plot prefers it, but not on fucking Mars, its a writing disaster. And it also sucks big nigger space penis that ME1 ME2 and ME3 did not each include at least 3 missions on Mars plus at least 3 mission on Luna. ME1 Luna mission was based, cozy but there was only 1 mission, wtf? ME3 Mars intro mission was a joke! How'd ME fuck up bad enough to barely let us explore our own Sol system?
>>
File: Ass Effect volume 2.png (368 KB, 768x430)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>3455035
I know what you mean. I view the Trilogy as each game being a huge step both forwards&backwards if that makes sense, but peak ME1 comfiness levels will simply never be achieved again in all likliehood. The Galaxy definetly felt more constricted in future games somehow. Cramped hub words, linear levels, no more Mako open worlds for that little added sense of casual Galactic explorations, etc.
>>
>>3455019
I think the iff should have been used more in me3. If the writers would have gone with the plan of the reapers first going to the citadel and shutting the mass relays down then Shepard with the reaper iff would have been the only non reaper ship that could use mass relays. That would have been something to write the plot of me3 around. Shepard going around to all the areas of the galaxy cut off from each other looking for what he needs to stop the reapers.
>>
>>3442673
Wasn't TIM the only character in the trilogy to suicide himself using a pistol but have zero blood spatter occur? Almost like TIM wasn't even real
>>
>>3457235
well he was a husk at that point
>>
>>3457627
Or maybe he wasn't even real at that point anymore
>>
>>3457658
maybe
I just checked and saren does bleed when he shoots himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6apPQHtxRo0
>>
File: Schizo Shepard.png (342 KB, 960x768)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>3455035
>>3457627
>>3457666
WHAT IF THE ILLUSIVE MAN WAS NEVER REAL TO BEGIN WITH? What if Shepard just went crazy and ME2 and ME3 are his personal plane of purgatory? Why was the first bar you visit right after being resurected named literally Afterlife? Thats a weird coincidence. Is the ME2 Galaxy even real or is it just some weird afterlife dream Shepard is imagining?

Illusive Man debunked. He doesn't exist. He never did
>>
File: Shepard hates Turians.jpg (45 KB, 497x540)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>3457666
>Literally say to Shepard verbatim "You will die"
>60 seconds pass
>Shepard successfully persuades you to kill yourself instead of him
Based iconic ME1 cutscene drama 10/10
>>
File: Space suicide.png (275 KB, 1080x607)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
I just checked and Shepard hates Chinese people. The Commander had well over 30 seconds to save Fai Dan's life with an anti Thorian gas grenade but instead chose to let him blow his brains out
>>
>>3444339
guess devs were butthurt
>>
>>3457666
If TIM having no blood during his OG cut suicide was actually an "oversight" in the original launch, it speaks volumes that they made no attempt to fix this widely-criticized "oversight" when they produced the extended cut DLC suicide scene

>>3457627
But was Cyber-Saren a husk when he killed himself? What if dream TIM and Cyber-Saren got into a heated debate about Indoctrination Lore, which husk would end up killing himself in this sort of scenario?

>>3458120
Yeah of course but I mean aren't all devs on earth very very butthurt in general now? I constantly hear all about how it is one of the worst industries to work in, just fucking awful and despicable pure corporate abuse with little-to-no creative spark or idealism or even efficiency really. And on top of that, my cousin who makes Halo games for the Microsoft Corporation keeps telling me that the situation of being devs is in reality actually far, far worse than even the horrorific redpills we read about online
>>
>>3457687
crazy thought but what if me3 was good
>>
>>3458151
one can always dream
SO how the story of a good m3 would be?
>>
>>3442673
>indoctrination theory
still a better ending
>>
File: Commander Raper.jpg (202 KB, 540x764)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>3458189
>your pic related
>Every mission in the entirely trilogy is closely collabarated on by the entire writing team, with pretty extensive veto power
>Except the Re-take Earth mission. ONLY like 2 guys are allowed to write it, and nobody can even view it until after it is produced. So, zero veto power in any capacity at all
Seems legit, not a Massive surprise all things considered. They'd presumably have to keep a "lid on the conspiracy" of making the ending as confusing and debatable as possible (for max PR, bc it sparks eternal fan debates) by keeping the lower level writers out of the loop not even letting them inspect the script. So your pic related seems to synergize well in terms of supporting what I've said thus far ITT
>>
>>3458163
Hmmm Bretty good question there so maybe I'll think of ways to fix her in hindsight and get back to you idk. Or maybe I can just post another epic Schizo Lore thread later about the dozens of creative re-writes I'd have hypothetically personally implemented into the ME Legendary Edition in an alternate "We won!" timeline in which I was selected to be Lead Director of the ME Legendary remake, as that sorta encompasses what you've asked but within an ocean of a larger scope of topics

The biggest problem with ME3 though I've already elaborated about ITT. The introduction segments!
>>
>>3458346
so casey is a moron with delusions of grandeur, got it
>>
File: FWvhMQMWYAEXPVR.jpg (194 KB, 900x1201)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>3442673
I have to admit that the indoctrination theory sounds pretty convincing.
>>
File: Casey Hudson.jpg (95 KB, 1361x812)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>3458394
Idk I'm not sure, maybe! It's defintely possible, but, the thing is I never actually met Casey Hudson or even been to his house before for that matter. I can't quite properly ascertain if he's an NPD or a cuck or a chad or an autist or a genius or perhaps even a moron or whatever unless I have an actual conversation with him to scan him in person
>>
>>3458151
WHOA
>>
>>3442673
>was theory true
NO! All "GAME THEORIES" are just retards trying to look for any in game justification to come with stupid cope explanations as to why their piece of shit game isn't a piece of shit.
>>
File: ai TIM art.jpg (47 KB, 240x320)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>3459458
>NO!!
>NO FUN ALLOWED!
>NO PLAYER INTERPRETATIONS ALLOWED!
>NO FAN DEBATES ALLOWED!
>NO DISCUSSING LORE RELATED THEORIES ALLOWED!
>NO CRITICAL THINKING ALLOWED!
>JUST STOP TRYING TO ANALYZE YOUR SHITTY GAME'S PLOT YOU FUCKTARDS!
>BECAUSE I SAID NO!
>OKAY??
k
>>
File: cute femshep 4.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>3449621
Uh how do you plan on coping with the schizos in the room with you right now?
>>
File: 2weeks.jpg (26 KB, 375x375)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>3444339
>"The devs said..."
Gonna stop you right there because you're clearly retarded newfag who just came here from YouTube.

It's been WELL documented that the ME trilogy developers changed hands about fifty thousand times, and ME3 happened right when EA bought out Bioware and every single person from Bioware quit. So who the fuck knows what the original story was supposed to be, certainly not the picrel bluehaired troons who ended up claiming the writing credits despite doing literally nothing. Indocrination Theory (aka Satan tempts Jesus at the Garden) seemed likely what some of the original writers had in mind.

Considering we've had 40 of these fucking threads every day for the last 10 goddam years you'd think at least one of you would have learned something by now.
>>
>>3461204
we'll bang ok?
>>
>>3454757
Hadron collider got turned on and switched us to Berenstain Universe
>>
>>3442673
There are a lot of things about the story that make more sense if it’s true
>>
>>3442673
Obviously you're indoctrinated if you do anything other than destroy the Reapers. That's the only way to rationalize the abysmal writing these choices result in.
>>
File: Was she Indoctrinated.jpg (34 KB, 480x360)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>3461688
>"No... there is absolutely no way we would be able to get away with putting a Final Boss Battle in Mass Effect 3 now... Not after what happened last time."
>"He's right, boss. The Mass Effect 2 baby Raper was quite poorly recieved by the fans, to put it lightly... And we all know the customer is always right man."
>"Guys... What if we just make """Indoctrination""" the Final Boss maybe?"
>"hmm, perhaps? But Sir... What if fans are too stupid to get it? What if it they shame us again like with the human Raper finale?!"
>"Very interesting point, I don't know... And I don't care. I mean I certainly used to care, but EA has cucked me so intensively to the point that I now mostly only care about the money anymore."
>"I see... Yeah."
>>
>>3461570
At this point wouldn't there be some sort of evidence or admission from the original staff that they originally intended for indoctrination theory to be true.
>>
File: Robotic Invasion Force.jpg (80 KB, 1280x720)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>3461570
>The Harbinger = Devil
>Commander Shepard = Jesus Christ
>London = Garden of Gethsemane
Sure. What did Bioware mean by this? Did Shepard die?
>>
>>3442673

IDK if it was true but it´s the only thing that would make sense so for coping reasons we are forced to accept it.
>>
>twelve years after consooming a bad story, they were still trying to make up an excuse for it
>the favourite explanation was a mixture of "it was all a dream" and psywar conspiracy theory
Because both of these types of explanations can explain everything. Any inconsistency, any weirdness can be presented as either product of a bad trip or part of an evil plan. Because you construct said plan postfactum, you can incorporate anything. Also, nobody cares if the conspiracy is unnecessarily complicated or schizophrenic.
And worst of all, nobody cares that both of these types of explanation do not explain anything in the end. They make everything make no sense, and nothing matters.

Also, all three games are Shepard's hallucinations after him having a concussion from gas bag explosion on Eden Prime.
>>
File: Husk Miranda.jpg (98 KB, 1280x720)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>3463050
>some sort of evidence or admission from the original staff
In the distant past, seething "reverse contrarians" would demand in swarms on the Bioware Forums that any threads discussing Indoctrination Theory must be transfered over to the fan fiction section. Occasionally when this happened, lead Bioware staff members (such as Casey Hudson) would sometimes enter the thread to bluntly state:

>"No. Indoctrination Theory still remains a valid interpretation of Mass Effect 3's ending, which neither stands as officially confirmed canon nor as officially denied as canon at this current point. So this thread will Not be moved to the fan fiction setting. Good day."
>>
>>3442739
ahahaha holy shit is this real?? what a legend i want to meet this guy
>>
File: 1699421712436515.png (786 KB, 872x853)
786 KB
786 KB PNG
Reminder that Mass Effect 3, in its infinite wisdom, actually proved Cerberus right.
>the Alliance relies on Shepard to build up war assets because he can operate outside the law and do the things the Alliance are too afraid to associate with
>it takes human intervention to actually get any other race to do anything
>Human Reaper can actually be used as a war asset
>the Rachni are too stupid to be allowed freedom, they get manipulated TWICE and therefore must be controlled
>Reaper technology CAN be used to give synthetics true individuality, as in the case of EDI and the Geth
>"honorable" people have no problem using unethical research to further their own goals (Maelon's data - Genophage)
>other species and their representatives will ALWAYS put their own needs above working together with others
>Control ending exists and is one of the options Shepard can choose
>destroying the Reapers actually ends up fucking up the galaxy and doing nothing but creating a short-term solution while control actually ends up securing a foreseeable future where synthetics don't restart the cycle again
It's honestly hilarious how the "bad guys" in this game are just the good guys but working for the bad guys. It's the equivalent of drawing a silly moustache on Superman and having Batman fight him.
>>
>>3464227
>Is this guy real
Yes, people irl between ages 10 and 50 often comment that I seem to look and act like a video game character. When they ask me why that is I'm not really sure what to tell them

>What a fucking Legend!
This, thanks

>I'd like to team up with this party animal and share war stories
Maybe I'd be down if there was some /vrpg/ meetup on the US East Coast in the future but maybe not, idk, as I work pretty hard at keeping off the grid. Alternatively my lawyer is begging to drag me to Comicon (whatever the fuck that even is? Like Wtf even is Comicon?) so maybe lurk there and keep and eye out for me, if you see me, you'll know, I kind of stand out

>>3464255
>Rachni are too stupid to be allowed freedom
Thats racist plus if you genocide an entire species just because you're afraid of them, you are barely in any position to claim moral superiority over the Rapers

>TIM had the right idea
Pretty much, until the Collecter HQ Indoctrinated him. But ME4 should make not nuking the base canon, writing it have it proven TIM's prediction right that it eventually secures human dominance in the Galaxy
>>
>>3464377
>I'm not really sure what to tell them
some sort of personality or mental disorder, maladaption possibly to trauma, maybe DID, who knows. keep doing you though, we love a quirky main character and if i was having a party would 100% invite this guy
>>
>>3463916
>my Dad works at Nintendo
Is that really all you got?
>>
>>3458189
>a deliberate "nothing happens here" area with one turret thrown in for no reason
holy shit i forgot about that turret. lmao that was goofy as shit. there was a random turret in the turian camp on the palaven moon too. god those turrets were dumb
>>
>>3461570
>pic
bruh that guy used to be normal, damn
>>
File: Secret agent nigger.jpg (158 KB, 1400x700)
158 KB
158 KB JPG
>>3464903
Eh idk, I fail to see the problem, unwanted misplaced turrets are pretty realistic. In actual warfare you'd often find yourself needing a turret when you don't have one, and also often encounter a turret when you don't really require one. It's not like they'd be perfectly spawned like some kind of video game where you spot a turret and automatically think to yourself:

>"Whoa what the hell is this random turret doing way out here? Damn so there's probably a hostile fucking Imperial AT-ST incoming from around the corner right now!! Wow it's like The Force pre-programmed this Galaxy so I'd be lucky enough to stand a fighting chance, it is never as if I am ever faced with downright impossible odds"

Pointless turrets are quite immersive

>>3464897
No I always have more. Also Dr.Fauci already murdered my dad. But hypothetically if he were still alive, Nintendo would be working for him, not the other way around. And he would be working for me
>>
>>3461575
How do I know if my space hamster is indoctrinated or not? Or my fish or my Krogan or wife or etc for that matter? Assuming Grunt and Zaeed are low IQ does it make them easier or harder to indoctrinate?
>>
File: drunk Joker.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>3465223
>normal
As were Shepard, Joker and Garrus. until the goddamn Indoctrination fucking started to occur
>>
File: jsla.jpg (30 KB, 551x370)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>3442673
why is it so hard for people to understand the entire ME trilogy became, due to EA bullshit causing a constant cascade of firings and hirings, an unintentional Exquisite Corpse written by hundreds of people who didn't talk to each other and/or actively hated each other and attempted to change fundamental plotlines others previously started? "Credits" means "Who gets the money" (carrie fisher didn't get any writing money for Star Wars even though she rewrote half the dialogue of the first movie.)

I knew gamers were dumb as shit with zero sense of how mega corps actually function, but goddam we've had 2 or 3 of these threads every day for 10 years, haven't you gotten it by now?

I'm surprised literally anything makes any sense by the third game at all.
>btw the catalyst is the kid in the grey sweater, who was never real.
>>
>>3461570
>aka Satan tempts Jesus at the Garden
Satan tempted Christ in the desert actually.
>>
File: Cope Shepard.png (300 KB, 463x390)
300 KB
300 KB PNG
>>3461570
>and ME3 happened right when EA bought out Bioware
That is completely wrong.
EA bought Bioware on October 11, 2007. (or rather Bioware's owners VG Holding Corp.)
That is before even ME 1 was released (Nov 20, 2007)
ME2 began development with EA owning Bioware.
>>
File: Shepard vs The Citadel.png (1.42 MB, 1200x1200)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>3469414
No, what bullshit version of the Bible have you been reading these retcons from? Satan actually tempted Jesus Christ inside the Citadel, whilst it was parked about 120,000 miles above what is now modern day London. Then the Citadel exploded into 6 bajjion tiny pieces iirc, right? All according to God's plan probably, nobody said anything about a desert
>>
>>3469451
>October 11, 2007
A very sad, dark day of the Scifi genre's history, as well as RPG history too

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.