[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Try to get into the game every few years or so.
>start a new game
>pick up fargoth's ring
>go to the tavern and talk to the mercenary dude
>"find fargoth's secret hideout"
>ok cool
>talk to fargoth
>lying to him about the ring doesn't finish the quest
>also can't tell him about the mercenary dude
>now have 2 unresolved quests in my journal that i'll never get rid off
>whatever
>decite to go to Balmorn
>encounter rat on the way
>notice i have a level 1 spell that gives me access to a deadric weapon
>kill first RPG rat... with deadric weapon
>level up aethletics
>remember the leveling system punishes me for playing thematically
>uninstall
maybe i'll give it another shot in 2026
>>
File: caught another one.jpg (92 KB, 1263x763)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>3446158
>>
>>3446158
I wish I got a dime for every time this thread is made
>>
Unmodded Bethesda games are objectively bad.
>>
why do you think anyone cares that you stopped playing a game after 5 minutes you schizophrenic egomaniac
>>
Go to balmora immediately, fargoths gold is a shit quest designed by Todd to mislead game journalists about normal quest designs
>>
big brain food analogy coming in. playing a bethshit game and then complaining about bethesda quest design is like going to a fast food place and complaining about the meal. like, what did you expect, what do you hope to accomplish?
>>
>be me, loved Morrowind back in the day, played the shit out of it
>want to replay it out of nostalgia, but always think that it's clunky and janky and aged poorly, makes me want to play Skyrim instead
>can't play Skyrim either because it's retarded and dumbed down, makes me want to play Morrowind instead
>mfw can't enjoy either
>flash forward several years, talking to anons in various /vrpg/ threads who are playing Morrowind for the first time and want build advice
>get the itch
>reinstall a lightly modded Morrowind, really commit to playing it
>try to ignore Fargoth's ring
>mfw the game won't let me out of the tutorial area without picking it up
>pick it up, return it to Fargoth
>don't do the other guy's quest because it reeks of evil and chaos
>move on and play the rest of the game, and have fun
>mfw
Game doesn't punish you for playing thematically, it rewards it, but there are dumb quirks to the system. Personally, here's how I'd house rule it:
1. Pick the 10 skills your character will use as majors and minors. Never use any miscellaneous skills.
2. Make a tiny mod that gives you an x5 stat multiplier on every skill you used.
3. Just play the game without having to make a spreadsheet and sperg out about muh multipliers, or do gamey shit like train skills you don't intend to use.
>>
You are a bad person so you don't deserve a finished quest for stealing a ring
>>
>>3446445
teach this forbidden dark art
>>
>>3446491
>teach this forbidden dark art
Construction set -> Load the Morrowind master -> Gameplay dropdown menu -> Game Settings -> Gameplay tab -> look for "iLevelUp01Mult" through "iLevelUp10Mult" and do what you think is appropriate.
>>
>>3446158
>unable to monologue internally confirmed
Stick to jarpigs, cuck adventure gaymes, and gay sex simulators like Balding Gay 3.
>>
>>3446513
>just pretend all the bad writing and terrible game mechanics don't exist
no thanks i'll just play a good game instead
>>
>>3446548
recs?
>>
>>3446552
>recs?
Enderal (Skyrim megamod)
Neverwinter Nights 1 modules
XCOM Long War
Medieval 2 Divide & Conquer
Starsector
>>
>>3446564
>Enderal (Skyrim megamod)
lol, nevermind
>>
>>3446573
Enderal reworked all the mechanics that make Bethesda games trash. They removed level scaling on enemies and only way to increase skills is by buying learning books that cost a lot of gold. Plus their created an entirely new continent with it's own unique lore, compelling story, lots of stuff to do and explore. Genuinely the best experience you can get out of a Bethesda-type of game.
>>
>>3446583
Biggest downside is that there are a lot of unskippable cutscenes and forced dialoug which makes reruns annoying.
>>
File: source.jpg (111 KB, 1024x768)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>3446445
>Play Morrowind for the first time around 2003 on XBox.
>Get it on PC around 2004 with the GOTY edition that comes with Bloodmoon and Tribunal.
>Play it on and off for almost 20 years.
>Decide to replay it as an adult
>Install all the core essential mods and patches
>Get re-immersed in the world, except...
>I know where everything is. I know just about all the quests.
>Through equipment alone my character is OP by level 12.
>Can walk into any dungeon and fuck everything up inside.
>Consider using balance mods like BTB's Morrowind, but remember how stone-wall the game becomes
>Suddenly, remember what I loved about this game in the first place.
>MODS
>start DLing whatever whimsical shit I remember: comapnions, quests, etc..
>fuck the lore
>Nostalgia fap to breton bitches, falmer bitches, dunmer bitches, altmer bitches, vampire bitches, aureal bitches...
>relish the discordant, non-canon-compliant clothing, faces, races, and bodies. Like a medieval-themed Second Life area.
This, ultimately, is what sucked me into TES as a pre-teen. All the troves of horny, whimsical, self-insert, romance, fanservice etc mods churned out in the early years.
I think the apex of it was the Keening fan-made expansion.
http://www.automatichamster.com/keening/index.shtml
It really was a different time. Oblivion might've had the same vibe. I dunno, I never got too into it. Skyrim just isn't the same. It has plenty of horny, sure, but in the early, fast-paced years of the Morrowind Modding scene, people absolutely, positively gave no fucks about lore, canon, "aesthetics" etc.. It would've been seen as snobbish, even. They were just excited about pretty elves and vampires and elf-vampires in pretty dresses.
Without mods? No reason to play it, IMO. Games like Might and Magic VI provide the same sort of experience but better and more polished.
>>
>>3446583
they removed the combat?
>>
>>3446445
>never use any miscellaneous skills
I personally treat Mercantile, Athletics, Acrobatics, and Armorer as freebies because you can just leave them in miscellaneous and raise them through very basic gameplay and really aren't worth a class slot. But I absolutely use the house rules of only performing spells, wearing armor, and using weapons from the class skills.
>>
>install gigantic total conversion mod that has been jerked off for years
>ESL sentences and typos in the first room
Fucking hate you people
>>
>>3447133
First time?
>>
File: battlemage.jpg (141 KB, 1124x832)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>3446158
how do i stop missing everything? i'm at level 7 and every combat encounter sucks. any items i can get somewhere? already have mantle of woe and fists of randagulf
>>
>>3446583
>Genuinely the best experience you can get out of a Bethesda-type of game.
That's not saying much.
>>
>>3447449
Use your axe. Don't spam the mouse button, hold it instead. Stamina determines your hit chance, make sure your stamina isn't depleted.
>>
>>3446583
enderal is a bitch. had too many quest just straight up bug out on me. fuck this piece of shit! playing it again in 5++y
>>
>>3447449
Fatigue is important. If you get into a fight with your green bar less than 2/3 full, you fucked up. Buy the Amulet of Stamina from Galbedir (Mages Guild in Balmora). Best item in the game for low level characters.
Also, don't lug around a ton of garbage you don't need. It makes you move slow and increases your fatigue drain. You're at 400 encumbrance, get that down to 100-150.
>>
Morrowind is an entry level RPG when it comes to gameplay and quest design, yet the world building and exploration whips the ass of more hardcore RPGs. The main quest is pretty smart too. That's why people get stuck in its clutches for so long and even start defending the broken gameplay. Somewhat recently I modded it with community mods and my own and I made it much more enjoyable, though the quests are still pretty basic and the community isn't good at rewriting so that'll hold the game back until someone who actually paid attention in English II gets into it.
>>
File: why.jpg (142 KB, 1600x900)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
all morrowind "depth" is actually just people half-remembering and shitposting about broken mechanics
>>
>>3447806
That's not even true, though. The game doesn't end, and you can keep playing, and there's even a roundabout backdoor way to still finish the main quest despite that message.
>>
>>3447812
>uhm the game doesn't end you just can't progress
how is that functionally different for someone who intends to, you know, continue?
>>
>>3447829
Did you miss the part where you can, in fact, still continue and finish the main quest?
>>
>>3447830
Like, let's walk through this.
>Oblivion
Martin dies. Immediate game over, game takes you to the load menu.
>Morrowind
You kill Vivec instead of letting him spoonfeed you the artifacts and steps to finish the game. Game gives you a message saying you done goofed but can keep playing if you want.
Take the artifact from his corpse to Yagrum Bagarn in Tel Fyr
Go delving into some dungeons in Red Mountain and bring some books back to him
He'll fix up Wraithguard for you, at the cost of a large permanent loss to your health, as punishment for meddling in divine energies beyond the ken of mortal man.
Now, go delve into some dungeons in Red Mountain and find Keening and Sunder as you would've along the main path
Now, go confront Dagoth Ur and save Morrowind.
Congratulations, you're the hero and saved the day and finished the main quest.

Totally comparable approaches. Honestly it was cool as fuck that they did that, and I wish more games had that philosophy. So much shit just has the DM go "lol no" and slap you down, or put up invisible walls, or make an NPC invincible (later Bethesda games were notorious for over-using this) or whatever, to stop you from breaking the game's intended path.
>>
>>3447806
just wear a sign saying "I'm retarded" it gets across the point much quicker than this image
>>
>>3446158
Isn't there a mod that ends unfinished quests? If not it should be really easy to make one.
>>
>>3446158
How do i do a permanent reset on npc positions? I tried an npc reset but for w/e reason openmw put them back in their weird positions. The caravaner in Balmora is outside the wall and halfway to fort moon moth for some reason.
>>
>>3447856
>comparing martin to vivec
Try killing Caius or Hasphat Antabolis

Vivec backdoor shit is cool, but I'm not expecting or even wanting the devs to account for stupid shit 0.01% of players do that would just complicate development and postpone releases.
>>
>>3448972
>Try killing Caius or Hasphat Antabolis
You can kill them, you can also still finish the game regardless if they are alive or not.
>>
>>3448963
“ra” for reset actors iirc is what you want
>>
>>3448978
I did that but after saving and loading back in the stupid fuck reset.
>>
>>3448977
You don't even have to visit them...
>>
File: 1693672400340187.png (281 KB, 562x562)
281 KB
281 KB PNG
>>3448972
>noooo the million dollar corporation can't add more than 1 path to a questline even though they did in the past, it complicates development and postpones releases!!!!!
holy shit shup up you retarded faggot
>>
>>3449191
Yeah in the past it required writing two additional lines
>>
>>3449194
The only reason Oblivion was so stripped down was because of disc space due to voice acting, it wasn't because poor wittle bethesda was just so small and helpless. Also they wanted the game to hit the 360 launch window. Now go ahead, be a fucking faggot apologist again. Do it. Suck the fucking cock of dumbed down games because you're a newfag nigger.
>>
>>3449206
>dumbed down
NTA but dumbed down should be illegal to use in a bethesda thread. All the games are dumbed down. There's no point in arguing over which is the most dumbed down because you're already at rock-bottom levels of dumbed down casual gameplay.
>>
>>3449206
>stripped down was because of disc space
Jesus christ you're retarded
>>
>>3446752
>http://www.automatichamster.com/keening/index.shtml
the fuck is this my good sir?
>>
File: 1580916339491.jpg (679 KB, 1200x500)
679 KB
679 KB JPG
>think about playing morrowind again or whatever other TES shit
>Remember I haven't touched these games in a literal decade
>don't even know how to install mods or check for compatibility anymore
>have no idea what the good mod sites are with faggot nexus removing everything
I'll just keep morrowind as a sweet memory
>>
>>3449252
if you can't play old games vanilla you have no soul, and you don't deserve them. I'm glad you filtered yourself. Thank you for self-reporting.
>>
>>3449257
bigot.
>>
>>3449209
>All the games are dumbed down.
How is Morrowind dumbed down? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>3449252
We change with the times I guess, If you cling to an identity and refuse to let it go you become a slave. There are still games worth playing both new (indie) and old though. You can always try TTRPGs or board games (there are a lot of single player board games and TTRPGs if you dont have friends :D). There will always be something to waste time on, so don't shakle yourself to something. If you can never leave, you can't negotiate.
>>
File: 1712437486580635.jpg (52 KB, 683x509)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>3449293
As per Todd, morrowind is inspired by the ultima series, which have a karma system, day night cycles with NPC schedules, difficult and dangerous terrain to traverse which can be interacted with using multiple modes of transportation, actual resources that have to be managed, spells that interact with the world in a way that does not trivialize and break it, an intricate non-linear and interwoven main quest which spans the entire continent, unique dialogue for every single NPC, etc. Morrowind has none of this, it's a surface level representation of Ultima. Like a parody of it for dumb Xbox kids, so no surprise the vast majority of morrowinds sales were on xbox. You can safely assume anyone who praises morrowind, or any TES game for that matter, is a retard who doesn't know what they are talking about and I have noticed TES fans typically degenerate and ruin communities. Like I remember when RPG codex used to say morrowind was the worst game ever when it released, they hated it even more than they do bg3 now, and this was posted on various bethesda communities who then raided them and permanently altered the board culture for the worse, like some kind of star trek borg hivemind that assimulates freethinking individuals and turns them into slavic 65IQ retards. It's sort of like how they constantly spam threads here to push out other content, same with all the other dumb shit they like that fits into the sam hyde/sseths ironic reddit memester ecosystem of games.
>>
>>3449298
>As per Todd
Stopped reading here
>>
>>3449299
Todd had direct control of the games from morrowind onwards, in which he attempted to copy Ultima 4-7 very poorly but on a larger scale, whereas previously LeFay was in control and he attempted to copy Ultima Underworld very poorly but on a larger scale. Once we understand the timeline of how the industry evolved it becomes very clear what is happening with this company and what kind of people they make games for.
>>
>>3449298
>day night cycles with NPC schedules
Morrowind never had NPC schedules though...
>spells that interact with the world in a way that does not trivialize and break it.
Well they failed with that one, lel
>main quest which spans the entire continent
Failed that too, kek
>like a parody of it for dumb Xbox kids
I keep seeing this argument, but I'm old enough to own magazines that talked about Morrowinds development and they always deved it with PC in mind and did a port to xbox for the extra cash. I don't understand how this is a talking point when Xbox was an afterthrough in development.
so no surprise the vast majority of morrowinds sales were on xbox.
Weird how one of the most widely sold consoles in America right when consoles were at their highest also so the most copies... 'tis a mystery...
>You can safely assume anyone who praises morrowind, or any TES game for that matter
Its becoming obvious you don't know what you are talking about and didn't live through the actual release of Morrowind, I'll say that.
>Like I remember when RPG codex used to say morrowind was the worst game ever when it released, they hated it even more than they do bg3 now, and this was posted on various bethesda communities who then raided them and permanently altered the board culture for the worse
If you think bethesda fans are bad, you'd be wrong. They were mild compared to the FPS fans at the time, stuff like that was common and normal and no one took it too seriously... Like they do now...
>like some kind of star trek borg hivemind that assimulates freethinking individuals and turns them into slavic 65IQ retards.
I'll put it simply, if you like Morrowind and the other 2 earlier games, you have good taste, if you like the games after Morrowind, you have shit taste. I'm still staly about all the bandwagon retard friends I have who thought the lusty argonian maid was some sort of hilarious joke when Skyrim released.
>sam hyde/sseth
Yeah okay you are retarded.
>>
>>3449295
why would anyone play a single player tabletop when they could just play a electronic videogame instead though?
>>
>>3449298
>RPG codex used to say morrowind was the worst game ever when it released
that's because they were daggerfall tards, aod creator was a big one. horrible taste.
>>
>>3449305
>Morrowind never had NPC schedules though.
In classic Bethesda fashion, they assert that the game has schedules in the tutorial then never use them again, which is how basically everything in the game works. A superficial representation of a mechanic which is either quickly forgotten or broken, just piled on until its a massive mountain of completely shit mechanics with zero thought put into them, but there's a lot of it so it must be super deep.

Not even sure what to address in this post as you've managed not to say anything of substance, just a whole lot of bald-faced lying, delusions, and general kvetching, which is boring to me.
>>
>>3449305
you’re not talking to someone whose interested in any kind of good faith discussion
>>
>>3449305
he's comparing it to ultima...?
>>
>>3449309
Have you played a solo TTRPG?
>>
>>3449310
>that's because they were daggerfall tards
Nope, that cancer seeped in retroactively. They never liked bethesda games beforehand.
>>
>>3449314
never
>>
>>3449305
It looks like you didn't even properly understand what you read. Are you an ESL?
>>
>>3449316
no, vince d weller, several other founding members of the codex, hated morrowind because it removed climbing and "dumbed down" daggerfall. old good has always been the codex MO. daggerfall fucking sucked and morrowind was a step up in terms of world building and exploration, but everything after sucked really bad.
>>
>>3449317
Don't knock if it you've never tried it, in this day and age its easy to look up some on youtube then pirate them lol.
>>
>>3449312
When you say good faith discussion you don't mean truthful discussion, you mean discussion where your feelings aren't hurt and you can continue dilating and spamming TES all over the catalogue. But this isn't a discussion at all, I am telling you the facts. All there is to discuss is how soon you are leaving and how we can make sure you don't feel compelled to come back here, because obviously nothing is ever going to get through to you and you will never improve, because you are working against me, not with me. Your ideal board is nothing but braindead shit games like TES and you will rapidly make one thread after the next until there is no other discussion left, so what is there to debate here?
>>
>>3449318
I like how you didn't point out what I didn't understand, nice attempt to sidestep the conversation.
>>
>>3449322
what are some best solo ttrpg games?
>>
>>3449325
It looks like misread the entire post.
>>
>>3449301
>Todd
Stopped reading there. No one cares about your e-celebs, child.
>>
>>3449328
Weird how I did line by line replies and you don't seem to understand what I'm saying. Are you sure you aren't ESL?
>>
>>3449327
Thats a hard question to answer because I don't know what your into. What would you say is your favorite fantasy vidoe game, I guess? TTRPGs can go from fast and lose to simulationist depending on what you're looking for.
>>
>>3449330
I'm looking at it and it seems the whole post went over your head. Because reading it all I see is you agreeing with everything he said about the game mechanically then saying he's wrong and that's not possibly what you could have meant, because that's not how logic works. Like when we verify the equation is 2 + 2, then the only answer is 4. You don't go "hmm no, that goes against my personal feelings, I feel like a 5 today".
>>
>>3449324
>When you say good faith discussion you don't mean truthful discussion
False. That is what I mean. I’ve seen you post obsessively in any TES-related thread, you’re extremely dishonest and you have nothing to contribute other than sophistry and falsehoods. The funny part is that when you’re BTFO on simple matters of objective fact (as opposed to subjective opinions), you have autistic meltdowns and heavily samefag, because you can’t admit to being wrong about anything. Seen it multiple times. You’ll probably push this thread to the bump limit, you love crying about TES and posting about it compulsively. Just can’t stop yourself. Responding to stimulus, like an animal.
>>
>>3449332
>I'm looking at it and it seems the whole post went over your head. Because reading it all I see is you agreeing with everything he said about the game mechanically
You mean the mechanics there they never put into the game? Yeah, you can agree with half of a point but not the other half...
>Muh logic
Its a fucking video game, I don't need logic to tell me what I like and don't like you retard...
>>
>>3449331
Well, there's lots
final fantasy 7
baldur's gate
deus ex
shadowrun
diablo
>>
>>3449334
No, everytime you like something you must submit a thesis on why you would logically like something and if you can't argue your point you don't get reddit gold for the year.
>>
>>3449335
Okay, how much would you like to write? Are you someone who would write a story or would you prefer to just bullet point as you go?
>>
File: 1712422171381311.jpg (193 KB, 1920x1080)
193 KB
193 KB JPG
>>3449334
>I don't need logic to tell me what I like and don't like you retard
See, here's the thing and this is extremely important so pay attention. Your taste is not inherently good. You aren't born with a sophisticated palate. Someone who is a taste tester has to attend a culinary school and undergo palate training, and then spend years honing their craft to be considered valuable to society at even the lowest most mediocre level. Your taste in games is not inherently good because you played 10 RPGs you learned about from a youtuber you really "vibed" with. You can't distinguish the taste of shit from chocolate and therefore your opinions hold little value. Relativism is for retards and cowards.
>>
>>3449338
probably bullet point, if i wrote a story I'd just dream about it instead of playing
>>
>>3449342
>Your taste is not inherently good. You aren't born with a sophisticated palate.
Taste is subjective, its something your logic won't understand :^)
>>
>>3449342
>There are people who actually believe this
This is part of the reason why video games suck now and why you get retards saying things like "why do sports video games exist? They should just go play the sport!"
>>
>>3449258
I enjoy playing games vanilla. It's never as bad as people pretend. I played every elder scrolls game with no patches and cd roms for years and it's always been fine.
>>
>>3449347
>Taste is subjective
It's not. How you interpret taste is subjective, which is how I can use my taste to objectively reason what games your bad taste likes and will gravitate to because I can apply my objective senses to your subjective and dull reasoning.
>>
>>3449347
>Taste is subjective, its something your logic won't understand :^)
A massive problem with /vrpg/ is an autistic (derogatory) userbase that is incapable of distinguishing between subjectivity and objectivity. It’s difficult to have a discussion with an NPC that lacks theory of mind.
>>
File: 1695908249582001.png (1.15 MB, 1048x817)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>3449298
I don't know the intricacies of ultima, but I'm assuming that all of your comparisons are for 2d games. I'm also going to assume that like in tes, these schedules and things are fairly surface level. Like if I can look up a guide and know exactly where Timothy the Rabbit will be at 2pm on a Friday 100% of the time.

>xbox sales
nobody here played it on xbox. Anyone who is not PC Master race is a faggot. Most of us were middle class and had a japanese console with some games, and probably a handheld too.

tes games are in many ways garbage, but what you saw from 3 - 5 is the evolution of gameplay and minimization of autism. Skyrim is a fun game and I've played through it vanilla like 5 times. It's missing the ability to tinker with your stats in the other games, but it also lets you just play it and make mistakes. Id rather play any tes game than off brand jrpg slop like hyperdimension neptunia. And I say that as an LoDfag.
>>
>>3449344
Look up Artefact or Bucket O' Bolts by some dude at Mousehold Press first, they are fairly quick and can be bullet pointed.
In Artefact you are an artifact that has been handed down from owner to owner and you eventually become a legenday weapon, you are also sentient and you can talk to your owner.
Bucket O'Bolts is the same thing as Artefact but in the sci-fi universe. Your a ship that over times becomes a legendary spaceship.

If neither of those sounds interesting and you don't mind Dark Souls influences, I'd recommend RUNE.

If that doesn't sound nice and you want something more along the lines of Lord of the Ringesque, The One Ring, Strider Mode is pretty cool and set in LotR's universe. If you want a non-LotR universe, Ironforged is a great solo RPG but it is kinda clunky to start running but once you do its super easy to run and its pretty good.

If you want something more anime/japanese theres a couple of cool TTRPGS:
>Hikikomori RPG
You play as a Hiki during his "turning point week" where they stop being a Hiki, forever stay a Hiki, or worse.
>Ryuutama
Basically Anime Oregon Trail, but wholesome and silly. Keep in mind that this isn't a single player game and it requires adapting by using a GM Emulator (like Mythic).
>Fabula Ultima
Heavily inspired by Final Fantasy, also needs a GM Emulator.

There's a lot more I would recommend but there just isn't time or space lol. Ultimately you'll have to do some digging on your end as well to see if there is anything you think is work playing.
>>
>>3449353
>which is how I can use my taste to objectively reason what games your bad taste likes and will gravitate to because I can apply my objective senses to your subjective and dull reasoning.
Go on then, guess a game you think I like. I'll be honest.
>>
>>3449347
>>3449354
Taste is objective. Beer is measured in bitterness, wine is measured in acidity, etc. All of these culminate into an objective ideal which is in our subjective posession, which is elevated closer to the ideal through accumulative comparitive experience combined with our capacity for logic and intelligence.
>>
>>3449362
>Taste is objective.
Anon... just... Anon... ugh... Taste as in "What I like" not as in THE OBJECTIVE TASTE OF THE DISC.
>>
>>3449362
You're an idiot
>>
>>3449364
According to you I'm subjectively both simultaneously an idiot and a genius.
>>
>>3449365
Thats a different anon, I'm the one that talked about subjectivity lol
>>
>>3449365
What? I called you an idiot
>>
>>3449362
Taste is inehrently subjective and can even be measured. For example, some people taste cilantro as soapy water. What you eat as a child massively informs what you can and cannot taste and what tastes you prefer.
>>
>>3449370
>inehrently
inherently*
I've been drinking tonight :^)
>>
>>3449360
great I've put them on browser tabs and will check some of these out (yay more games for my backlog!)
have to go to sleep soon
>>
>>3449363
We can make qualitative objective statements about morrowind. I will give some examples: The majority of the dungeons are small, comprised of the same patchwork modules, use level scaled enemies and contain random loot. The majority of the dialogue in the game is attached to a script that fetches pre-fabricated responses based on character tags rather than dialogue handwritten for a specific character. The majority of spells, armor, weapons, consumables, etc, in morrowind are not useful from a practical standpoint due to poor balance and itemization.

These are objective statements. I can write more if you'd like.

>>3449367
If perception is subjective than to all theoretical viewers I simultaneously exist as both an idiot and a genius, so I fail to see the point of your statement.
>>
>>3449374
>If perception is subjective than to all theoretical viewers I simultaneously exist as both an idiot and a genius
Cope of an idiot lmao
>>
>>3449377
>idiot
*relative genius
>>
>>3449370
>What you eat as a child massively informs what you can and cannot taste and what tastes you prefer.
Nope, and it's perfect you've mentioned this as it feeds back into what I said about comparitive experience and its really important, as one's palate expands when they are repeatedly exposed to new foods. When one is incapable of expanding their palate they are considered to be in arrested development, incapable of breaking through the glass ceiling of their childhood.
>>
File: Daedric.png (31 KB, 909x342)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>3449374
>majority of the dungeons are small
True.
>comprised of the same patchwork modules
False. Later games suffer from this quite noticeably (Oblivion comes to mind) but I literally just replayed Morrowind a couple months ago and did every dungeon in the game, and this isn't the case.
>contain random loot
This is technically true, but you're using it dishonestly to conflate the game with others. There does exist random loot, particularly inside of containers, but it's generally low value clutter that most players don't give a shit about. The loot that is important and valuable is generally hand-placed in the world, or comes from quest rewards. This is in contrast to games such as Oblivion in which almost everything in the world scales to your level, including items, and you generally finish a dungeon with a loot pinata from a "boss chest" with random gear. Take Daedric gear for example, the highest level of weapon and heavy armor: there's only a handful of each item, all placed by hand, in the entire game, and you'll never find it for sale or randomly generated from a chest, while in Oblivion, generic bandits and blacksmiths would have it casually once you're past level 23 or whatever.
>The majority of the dialogue in the game is attached to a script that fetches pre-fabricated responses based on character tags rather than dialogue handwritten for a specific character.
This is technically true, but this is no different from an old school RPG's keyword system, like Ultima, which you were just praising. Dialogue is handwritten for a specific character by assigning it to a tag and then only giving that tag to that specific character. This is how most quest dialogue works.
>The majority of spells, armor, weapons, consumables, etc, in morrowind are not useful from a practical standpoint due to poor balance and itemization
Subjective. Poorly balanced yes, but "useful from a practical standpoint" is completely different for a fighter versus a thief versus a mage.
>>
File: Alfhedil Elf-Hewer.png (23 KB, 462x592)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>3449374
>level scaled enemies
Many enemies are humanoid NPCs, almost all of which are unique, even unimportant bandits or smugglers in some fuck-off cave. Let's look at Alfhedil Elf-Hewer. Regardless of whether your character is level 1 or level 72, he will always be level 25, with 244 health, 328 fatigue, 65 endurance, a 68 block skill, and so on. He will always be wearing fur armor and a Nordic battleaxe. This is in contrast to say, Oblivion, where a generic "bandit bowman" will have wildly different stats, skills, and items based on player level, while the same character will be wearing fur at level 1 but magically wearing glass at level 28.
>>
File: Winged Twilight.png (19 KB, 487x507)
19 KB
19 KB PNG
>>3449405
Let's look at a daedra, the winged twilight. It will always be level 15, with 220 health, do 15-45 damage, and so on, regardless of player level. It is true that certain creatures in the world are generated from leveled lists (notably, undead in tombs, and daedra in shrines), but a specific creature will never level in response to the player, as opposed to Oblivion, where a goblin warlord at level 25 and a goblin warlord at level 50 will have tremendously different hit points and damage output.

Furthermore, and this is the main point about "level scaled enemies", the game has high level areas that will always be high level areas. If you go into Red Mountain at level 1, you'll probably die. If you go into a Daedric shrine, you'll probably die (you may not see the highest level daedra, but you will see dangerous ones, and the NPCs won't scale down whatsoever). This is in contrast to later games at Oblivion, where, say, you could do the main quest at level 1 and go into an oblivion gate, intended to be a tough late-game challenge, and the entire thing will scale down to your level like a theme park, facing you with nothing but level 1 stunted scamps and whatnot. Hence, your use of "level scaled" is dishonest and inaccurate.
>>
File: 1647043635377.png (424 KB, 3402x2749)
424 KB
424 KB PNG
>>3449405
What possessed you to name a passive weapon trainer in a stronghold which contains only 3 hostile non-leveled humanoids and 5 level scaled demons, (at least, this is only the interior, there are more outside) which range from scamp to golden saint, which means level scaled enemies constitute the majority of this dungeon? You've just proven me right. And you're just continuing to vomit out information like a madman like you think you have me in some insane gotcha. I mean, jesus dude.

Here's the dungeon containing the NPC:
https://youtu.be/wrSHzn0KOm0?si=Z5V76Vip7qZFdsFF
We see in the wiki here, the enemies are listed as 3 humanoids and 5 scamps:
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Falensarano_(Morrowind)
But obviously we see in the footage its not true and they are in fact leveled.
>>
>>3449413
Oh and to add to this, the stronghold is built from an identical toolkit as every other stronghold, so yes room modules are also reused liberally to the point of extreme repetition. Every single thing you've said is wrong, please limit it to one point at a time. Its childish and unintelligent to just pile on a mountain stupid remarks, and I won't respond to someone like that.
>>
File: TanisieVerethi.png (23 KB, 461x592)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>3449413
>What possessed you to name a passive weapon trainer
Because I like his name. Last time we did this, I picked the first bandit whom you fight in what's likely the first cave you explore, Tanisie Verethi, and you had an autistic meltdown sperging about "WHERE IS THE 6,000,000 SALT RICE????? SHOW ME THE SALT RICE???!!!!!" and you ended up quadruple samefagging out of embarrassment. Have some dignity, man.
>>
>>3449418
See, now you're getting upset and failing to address my point now that I've proved you wrong. People who enjoy TES are simply delusional and are easily tricked by Todd's lazy radiant level design that enables his staff to design 20 dungeons a day. Playing TES is entirely an excercise of cognitive dissonance.
>I'm special, surely I'm not dumb enough to be tricked by Todd's smoke and mirrors
>>
File: Meltdown.png (91 KB, 2520x1153)
91 KB
91 KB PNG
>>3449420
>See, now you're getting upset
Yawn. 0/10 bait.
>now that I've proved you wrong
Actually, you've been absolutely BTFO, as I went line by line down your arguments, responded to every single one, and refuted them with evidence, and the best you can do is some panicked ctrl+v of something I said to look on a wiki (the shitty one btw, lmao) and Youtube to try to nitpick at a minor sub-point of a sub-point. It's you who is failing to address my points.

I expect that soon, you'll start deleting your own posts, and hysterically saying I'm the janny, as deflection.
>>
>>3449421
Why would a level 25 Barbarian be trapped in a fortress by 5 level 1 scamps? How is this a hand designed dungeon? You did not make any points and now you're having a mental breakdown.
>>
>>3449423
>Why would a level 25 Barbarian be trapped in a fortress by 5 level 1 scamps? How is this a hand designed dungeon?
If you'd played the game instead of watching it on Youtube, you'd know. He's fucking the witches who live there. Witches are like catnip to Nord barbarians, that's why they're always getting their clothes stolen and end up stranded in the wilderness by those perfidious she-conjurers.
>>
>>3449424
What does that have to do with him being trapped by 5 level 1 scamps?
>>
The bethestard is doubling down now. He doesn't know what to do.
>>
>>3449425
>What does that have to do with him being trapped by 5 level 1 scamps?
He's not trapped by any scamps. He's trapped by that witch pussy. He lives there, the enemies aren't hostile to him. They're leveled daedra btw, some of them are set to be atronachs, and some of them are set to be leveled daedra, of which scamps can be encountered at level 1. But the witches are like level 17, and it's in the middle of bumfuck nowhere in a high level area, there's no reasonable explanation for a level 1 player wandering in there. I picked him simply because I like his name and he's high level and wanted to demonstrate that high level NPCs have unique inventories and not leveled gear.
>>
>>3449427
I said that level scaled enemies constitute the majority of the dungeons. To prove me wrong you named an NPC who is not even an enemy that is stuck in a dungeon which is majority comprised by level scaled enemies and then started autistically screeching about some poorly written lore tidbits that someone farted out in 2 seconds. I seriously do not understand what you are trying to prove. This is a pattern I'm noticing. TES fans live in an alternate reality, so when you bring something up they start arguing about something entirely unrelated to what you said.
>>
>>3449429
You know how he keeps saying you're dishonest? That's entirely projection.
>>
>>3449429
>still ignoring 90% of the points I raised while projecting onto me his increasing panic at being BTFO
The majority of dungeons contain smugglers and bandits, all of whom are unique NPCs with a name, a specific stat block, and a specific inventory, none of which are leveled. You're attempting to conflate two different issues because you're squirming and anyone reading the thread can see that you've been pinned down. You're using "level scaled" to imply the world works the way that Oblivion does, in which all enemies scale to your level and there are no dangerous high level areas to stumble in to, which simply isn't the case.
>>
>>3449429
>>3449432
Yup, here comes the samefagging. Lol. Called it earlier. Honestly dude, don't you have any shame? Aren't you embarrassed to go on the internet and act like this?
>>
Is moeblob shitting up another thread he could easily hide?
>>
>>3449435
>anyone reading the thread can see that you've been pinned down
I'm reading the thread and you look like a retard.
>>
>>3449435
>The majority of dungeons contain smugglers and bandits, all of whom are unique NPCs with a name, a specific stat block, and a specific inventory, none of which are leveled
But the example you've given shows that while those dungeons occasionally contain enemies that are randomly generated humanoids with static levels they are majority constituted by level scaled enemies, which you have helped me demostrate. That was my initial statement, so you I'm not sure what you're argument against that is. Do level scaled enemies constitute the majority of enemies in dungeons, yes or no?
>>
>>3449436
Maybe you are the samefag, because its not me.
>>
File: samefag.png (11 KB, 1042x166)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>3449442
Oh forgot screencap. Because here's your whining about 1 minute apart. But I don't know, doesn't really matter. Seems like you are just trying to back out of an argument you completely and
>>
>>3449443
*utterly lost.
>>
>>3449436
lmao you are having a melty
>>
>>3449413
This one really made the little retard go apeshit. He'll be throwing a tantrum and flooding the catalogue with elder scrolls threads for days now.
>>
>>3449437
>Is moeblob shitting up another thread he could easily hide?
The irony is he's probably the most prolific Bethesda poster on this board.
>>3449439
You, again, conflate creatures generated from a leveled list (which includes some daedra and some undead) with enemies that scale their stats to your level, which do not exist in this game.
>dungeons occasionally contain enemies that are randomly generated humanoids with static levels
False. This is just word salad. You're slipping, bro. What does "randomly generated humanoid with static levels" even mean?
>they are majority constituted by level scaled enemies
False. The majority of dungeons contain smugglers and bandits, which are neither generated from leveled lists, nor level-scaled.
>Do level scaled enemies constitute the majority of enemies in dungeons, yes or no?
No. There's plenty, the majority even, of dungeons that don't have a single creature from a leveled list. You speak imprecisely, since there's many different types of dungeons that contain different types of creatures.
>>
>>3449404
>>3449405
>>3449407
Still waiting for you to attempt to go line-by-line and refute the points raised here, btw (you won't)
>>
>>3449449
>the majority even
But thats not true and even your cherry picked example not only has leveled monsters, but has more leveled monsters than humanoid NPCs. Here's a smuggler's cave with 4 humanoids and 6 leveled monsters for example:
https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Aharnabi
My statement was extremely specific and there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>3449450
Why should he when you're already dead wrong and going NUTS?
>>
>he's posting about fucking slaughterfish from some shitty wiki now
My sides
>>
>>3449453
>Why should he when you're already dead wrong and going NUTS?
I'm going to take a moment be dead honest right now and talk to you, the anon behind the keyboard, the human being, not your posturing persona for this board. Listen, brother, you need help. You seriously have problems. I'm not saying this to be mean or make you feel bad or to own you, but really, dude, you need help with your issues and I really hope that you find it and get better. I'll pray for you, anon. 100% serious right now.
>>
>>3449449
>he's probably the most prolific Bethesda poster on this board.
Probably has 200 hours in Starfield, lol.
>>
>>3449458
Have you considered making a 12 hour video essay on this, now that the dust has settled?
>>
>>3449454
I'm just picking random dungeons and I keep seeing scaled monsters bro. Its almost like bethesda has always used aggressive level scaling because they are lazy and its how they cheat the system to make more (certainly not better) content than anyone else. So if you care about more content you play bethesda games, if you care about better content you play something else. It does not matter if morrowind is supposedly better than other bethesda games, because if you cared about quality logically you would look elsewhere, unless you have no principles and morrowind is just below the shit threshold you are willing to tolerate in your gluttonous consumption of minimally engaging media. And that brings us full circle to where this whole reply chain begin.
>>
>>3449460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS9QtzGwBcc
Best I can do
>>
>>3449458
Violently gay post
>>
>>3449373
Before I forget, there is a free TTRPG called Cairn, which if you've never played TTRPGs before might be a good place to start, I have no idea if it can be played solo or not, but if not you'll need a GM emulator on-top of that. I'd really recommend Ironsworn though, there is also a free edition of that floating around somehwere.
>>
File: 1241316205056.jpg (104 KB, 640x480)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
ITT: autistic zoomers blame game because they cannot get into game
>>
File: 1708893842382354.jpg (578 KB, 1920x1080)
578 KB
578 KB JPG
>>3449679
Finished everything last month after around 250hs.
It's shit, and massively overrated by pseuds
>>
>>3449710
Why would you waste over 200 hours of your life on something that is shit? Sad.
>>
>>3449732
Because I was coping with the belief of "it maybe gets good after x part" "a game THIS praised can be THAT shit right?". By the time I realized it wasn't gonna get good I was already too invested in it to not finish it all the way. At least now I can about everything I don't like about it in discussion with a complete base. Before, it was mostly based on my failed 20-40hs runs
>>
>>3449739
>Because I was coping with the belief of "it maybe gets good after x part"
Personally, while I like the game, generally once you get past the tutorial/early game and all of the options and world have opened up to you, if you still aren't having fun and aren't into a game, it's almost certainly not for you and you won't like it any more if you keep going, broadly speaking. I think most people who say "oh but you just have to get to X part" are ignoring the fact that they may like something but other people may just not enjoy it like they do.
>>
>>3449739
>Local man realizes not everyone likes the same thing.
>More at 11.
I don't know what to tell you if you played the game and didn't like it.
>>
>>3449746
I'm 300 hours in and still haven't really left the Southwestern part of the map. Farthest North I've gone is Ald-ruhn and farthest East I've gone was uh... Molag Mar, I believe? The Temple canton fortress that pilgrims visit on their way to Mount Kand.
>>
>>3449218
Stripped down when talking about content. There would've been more to the Arena if they weren't running out of disk space for instance.
>>
>>3449791
Why not just make it multi-disc and just make the whole world off of them to store on your xbox?
>>
>>3449732
>waste over 200 hours of your life on something that is shit?
I don't recall ever spending even 5 hours on a game I'd call shit, so I really don't understand what sort of person does this
>>
>>3449753
That’s normal, that’s the most dense part of the world. The north and the east are more sparse, with the exception of the Telvanni heartland.
>>
>>3449841
No one plays a game for 250 hours and minmaxes it if they aren't having fun. Dude is just fucking around.
>>
>>3446158
>remember the leveling system punishes me for playing thematically
>thematically

the fuck? I mean... are you talking about the enemies scaling to your character?
>>
>>3450127
>the fuck? I mean... are you talking about the enemies scaling to your character?
He's most likely talking about feeling compelled to min-max his skill increases in a gamey way to get perfect 5x stat increases upon leveling up.
>>
>>3446445
>2. Make a tiny mod that gives you an x5 stat multiplier on every skill you used.
yikes
>>
>>3450186
>compelled to min-max his skill increases
A simple fix to the leveling system would be to disable the effect skills outside class skills have on attribute bonuses.

That makes the most sense design wise, rewards focused builds, more consistent balance, discourages tedious metagaming and all that. But since players can choose how to play without such limit, many end up gaming the system. It's optimal for "number go up", but not optimal for roleplaying.

Getting +5 on every level up allows one to max out attributes very early on, which is silly in a game with all sorts of means to fortify attributes, and on a game where the difficulty isn't balanced for sweaty minmaxers with +5 multipliers.

As with all RPGs, grinding is a voluntary move towards easy mode, lousier design and monotonous gameplay
>>
>>3450186
I"m very much "that guy" that finds the most efficient way to play a game and just repeat it over and over again, but with Morromeme, I don't because it isn't that hard and its even easier to break and there is enough content in the game that even if I run out of quests, theres still places I can go to and check out.
>>
>>3446445
>want to replay it out of nostalgia, but always think that it's clunky and janky and aged poorly, makes me want to play Skyrim instead
>can't play Skyrim either because it's retarded and dumbed down, makes me want to play Morrowind instead
>mfw can't enjoy either

How about trying an RPG that isn't an Elder Scrolls game for once in your life?
>>
>>3453593
>if someone mentions a game they played decades ago it means that that's the only game they've ever played
Why are autists like this
>>
>>3446158
>lying to him about the ring doesn't finish the quest
Brain damaged. You guys need the game's journal to go all "I've successfully deceived Fargoth and kept the ring" just so your ADHD brain can consider the quest complete.
>>
>>3454365
Cheevos were a mistake. Iirc before the expansions there wasn’t even a quest log, just journal entries.
>>
>>3446564
>Enderal (Skyrim megamod)
worth a playthrough but hardly "better". it's completely linear and railroaded and not designed to be played like a Bethesda sandbox.
>Neverwinter Nights 1 modules
a myriad of small, entirely self-contained adventures. i'm beginning to see a pattern here. these are completely diferent experiences.
>XCOM Long War
once again a bunch of "missions". you might as well start recommending RTS games.
>Medieval 2 Divide & Conquer
ah, there it is. not even an rpg.
>Starsector
i dont't even know what this is

your tastes are clearly different. claiming that TES games are inferior is just your opinion. You don't even like games like TES so your opinion means nothing.

>>3446583
>Enderal reworked all the mechanics that make Bethesda games trash.
Any mod can do that. No need for a fucking TOTAL CONVERSION if that's what's bugging you.
>Plus their created an entirely new continent with it's own unique lore, compelling story, lots of stuff to do and explore.
Story is straight up Mass Effect with bullshit that directly contradicts and retcons SureAI's previous works as usual. Nothing that you did in Nehrim let alone Arktwend mattered, again. The ending is retarded, too. Yes, the game actually ENDS at the main story just like Mass Effect and every other Bioware movie game which SureAI absolutely loves. NOT TES. Not that there is anything do outside of the main story anyways. Their worlds are empty and feel dead. (I played ALL of them.)
>Genuinely the best experience you can get out of a Bethesda-type of game.
The urgency of the main quest forces you to roleplay as someone who actually cares what happens to the world instead of wandering off to do le epic optional content. And again, once you actually do the main quest the game ENDS. The nature of the ending also makes reloading a save to finish side content feel pointless but maybe that's just me. This is hardly "the best experience" a fully powered Bethesda game can give.
>>
>>3454449
>This is hardly "the best experience" a fully powered Bethesda game can give.
No bethesga game is capable of providing a good experience.
>>
>>3454452
Your opinion means nothing. Tamriel Rebuilt alone dwarfs any wannabe TES contender.
>>
>>3454452
You have autism (derogatory)
>>
>>3454449
>worth a playthrough but hardly "better". it's completely linear and railroaded and not designed to be played like a Bethesda sandbox.
Funny you say that because Enderal quest have actual choices that influence how the quest ends and have moral dilemmas unlike 99.9% of morrowind's quest or bethesda games in general. Ahh yes, the big replayability of choosing a different big house to do the exact same type of fetch quest slop that you can complete in 5 minutes each one but from different perspectives. Then obviously you can do things in the main quest that are totally no railroaded like joining dago- oh wait, sorry, now I remember that the only option you have in the game is being the emperor's little bitch no matter what. Plus in a game where you can be good at everything meaning that you can test every single build in just one playthrough which makes it even less replayable
>>
>>3454458
An accurate diagnosis
>>
>>3455048
ah yes moral dilemma between having to pick between person A and person B in the final cutscene and whether or not you or the rest of the world die. wow. much mass effect. many replayability.
>>
Recommended mods?
>>
>>3455158
AFFresh is a quest pack mod from one of the original devs
>>
>>3455158
>>3455159
Super believable and organic post.
>>
>>3455137
It adds replayability because you can roleplay your character differently. Also, in Enderal, unlike morrowind, it's very unlikely you will end up being good at everything (because the class system is much more deep and interesting than just stat check numbers), so you actually have to replay the game in order to test other builds.
Not to mention that even if you consider the options the game gives you to be crap, they're still options at least. Unlike certain game that is just following an actual railroaded path in most of the quest with very few exceptions like deciding to kill the mage woman or the naked nord.
>>
I like that idiots are filtered
>>
>>3446158
>Here's what I want you to do. I'm not sure where he goes, but I know he wanders around town at night. Watch his movements. The best vantage point is on top of the lighthouse south of town. That will give you a nice view of all of Seyda Neen. If you keep an eye on where he goes, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out where he's hiding that gold.
stupid faggot literally all you have to do is READ and Hriskar tells you exactly what to do.
FILTERED
>>
>>3456795
To be fair he is right about the unfinished quests thing, its kinda annoying, but I'm guessing there is probably a mod that closes out quests like that.
>>
I love this game and all the mods, I just don't care enough now to do it all over again.

Modding is a huge time sink
>>
>>3456851
I've played it on and off all through my childhood, I'm actively playing it now in my 30s to beat it and I'm surprized at how much I never actually saw of the game. Its the best mix of nostalgia and new that keeps me coming back.
>>
>>3456867

Yeah, that's another selling point, it has too much content to see in 1 playthrough. People are always finding new things.

Which mods are you using for your current playthrough?
>>
>>3455167
Douglas Goodall is not shilling on 4chan
>>
>>3456919
>Which mods are you using for your current playthrough?
None, its a vanilla run but I'm having so much fun I'm gonna go through it again probably on the hardest difficulty. What mods do you suggest I use?
>>
>>3456851
>Modding is a huge time sink
I stopped using mods years ago, don't feel like I'm missing anything. I could go download 200 mods, sort them out, but would it meaningfully improve my playthrough? Meh.
>>
>>3456977
I recommend the community bug patch mod to correct mispelling and some other annoying things.rdhjj
>>
>>3456977
i just stopped playing morrowind years ago. it isn't a good enough game or a fresh enough experience to bother replaying.
>>
>>3456985
Different things for different people, I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of people are going backwards and favoring older games than anything new coming out now, only 66 games got any sort of meaningful attention last least, most of them live service or "long term" games like CS:GO, Fort night, and some gatchas.
>>
>>3456991
>last least
last year*
>>
>>3456991
yeah, most people are really bad at entertaining themselves. they don't branch out and just replay things they are comfortable with. probably will lead to dementia eventually, as they don't form new neural pathways. but, specifically, morrowind, and other tes games, are quite repetitive.
>>
>>3457000
>yeah, most people are really bad at entertaining themselves.
Perhaps, perhaps they don't know better or maybe they might be legitmately addicted to the gambling mechanics that are popping up more and more now in video games.
>>
>>3456991
I've always played older games too. Good games were rare in the past as well, and I remember not seeing new games coming out that I was interested in. Fortunately today games are more available, and you can look back and only pick the classics out.
>>
>>3457020
>Good games were rare in the past as well
Depends what you mean by good, they were more buggy over all, but they also, imo, where more off the wall and generally higher quality because most studios back in the day were gamers who were inspired by a game to make their own. Everyone is corproate now.
>>
>>3457029
>Depends what you mean by good
Meaning games I was interested in purchasing. Today the bar is higher, since there's so many good games available at lower prices and I haven't got the time to play them all.
>>
>>3456963
>What mods do you suggest I use?

I believe I used rebirth on my last playthrough and it was pretty good. I like to add a ton of quest and house mods as well, those are always fun. There are some that expand on the main quest and each of the guilds

I can't provide you names because I don't remember.
>>
>>3456977
>but would it meaningfully improve my playthrough? Meh.

I would say so. I know we now have mod pack installers like wabbajack, but I haven't tried
>>
>>3446158
Wait a second, there's another quest related to Fargoth? I started a couple of days ago and I'm already doing the temple pilgrimage. Can I go back and finish that quest? I'm still at level 1 getting used to the combat
>>
>>3457131
Yeah, go to the inn, get a drink, talk to people
>>
>>3446752
Made for BOC (Big Orc Cock)
>>
>>3446158
Is this the most overrated bucket of hot diarrhea in existence?
>>
>>3457093
Huh? I thought rebirth didn't alter quests in any way.
>>
>>3457226
Yup.
>>
>>3457131
Do not be a completionist in morrowind
>>
>>3457322
>Do not be a completionist in morrowind
This. There’s simply too much stuff out there and if you try to do everything simply because it’s there it becomes a chore. You need to restrain yourself to only do what is in character for your playthrough, and possibly split the game up into multiple playthrough. I just replayed Morrowind and while I only did the factions and quests that fit my roleplaying, I cleared every dungeon on the whole map, and it became a tedious chore by the end. When I played Oblivion, I limited myself to only the dungeons with a quest I’d do attached. Now I am playing Skyrim and I’m splitting everything up into three chars with different focuses, restrictions, favored enemies, factions, etc.
>>
>>3457363
I use to run around and explore because I thought it was the mechanic that was at the heart of the game, but all these weird mid quest journal updates proc in your journal because they don't check to see if the quest header started, so it really deinsentivied me to explore on my own unless it was specifically mentioned by NPCs under "a little advice" or "a little secret". Do all your exploring through quests, makes life so much more easier.
>>
>>3457230

They're not mutually exclusive
>>
>>3457322
Yeah, even completely ignoring how ill-fitting it is for roleplaying, it doesn't makes sense for gameplay either. Faction questlines were designed for low level characters. The challenges and rewards aren't good for a level 20 Champion already in full artifact equipment.

Making a new character for each faction/story is much more appropriate and satisfying.
>>
>>3457322
but it's fun
>>
Am I doing something wrong? I have a dwarven claymore and enemies are taking forever to kill. I have about 70 strength.
>>
>>3460853
>Am I doing something wrong? I have a dwarven claymore and enemies are taking forever to kill. I have about 70 strength.
Morrowind doesn't really have HP sponge enemies like the later games. Are you using your sword properly, i.e. holding down attack to charge up fully before swinging? Also, are you using the proper type of attack (chop/slash/thrust) for your weapon? By default, it depends on the direction you're moving (standing still, laterally, or forwards/backwards), although there's an option for "use best attack" which will always have you doing a pretty good attack type, though not always ideal (sometimes it's picking the highest average rather than the highest maximum, I think). Also, assuming your fatigue is fine and you're not missing, and you have decent long blade skill?
>>
>>3460873
Yeah, I'm trying my best to hold down long enough and I've ticked the option for best attack. 63 long blade, and I land most of my attacks. I had some issues with the weapon smuggler legionnaires in bloodmoon, a random naked guy, and some of the orcs in full orc-plate. Oh, and some goblins in the sewers of mournhold.
>>
>>3460885
Those are high level enemies, and a better weapon will double your damage output. So don't worry about it.
>>
>>3460885
Leave the expansion content (Bloodmoon and tribunal) for after the main game, that’s all high level stuff intended for late game chars who finished the base game. The expansion stuff is where you start to encounter hp sponges.

Other than that, sounds like you’re doing it right. I’d stick with the midgame Morrowind content, and look for better gear and come back with higher strength for the late game stuff.
>>
>>3460895
>>3460897
Oh, okay. What would you recommend for an enchant on a claymore? I'm a nord, so I think frost damage would be kind of clever. Won't have to worry about reflect.
>>
>>3460853
Are you neglecting to use potions? Don't be a greedy little goblin and squirrel all of your potions and scrolls away for an emergency. Money snowballs so quickly that spending 400g on a potion of fort strength and fort attack is well worth cracking open an even bigger loot box.
>>
>>3456005
You like replaying the same game that has a clear beginning and ending with different builds. While I don't mind such games I prefer something where i am free to do anything and create my own emerging stories. I can't play something like Nehrim or Enderal and just replay them immediately because it feels disrespectful to the story I just experienced. There's a reason games like this have credits rolling at the end and I personally can't stomach immediately replaying because it cheapens the experience. To this day I haven't replayed Mass Effect, Enderal, Persona 4, KOTOR and others since I first played them in 2013-2016. The thing is, I don't play them for the "gameplay", anon. To me, these games are like books and movies. When you complain about lackluster decisions like witches and naked nords I understand what you mean but this doesn't faze me in the slighest because that's not why I play games like Morrowind where the experience is endless.
>>
>>3457000
TES games age like wine. The amount of mods and patches available give you thousands of hours of playtime.
>>
>>3461007
I think its unwise to play bethesda games for thousands of hours when there are so many good RPGs to play and discuss.
>>
>>3461010
I can definitely see the merit in that. I am refining my tastes, sure, but I'm also starting to care less and less about characters and stories.
>>
>>3461007
and once you are past thousands of hours? it's the same shit over and over. mods don't really fix the fundamental design of the games. eventually the games suggest their own uninstallation for those of sound mind.
>>
>>3461128
There is nothing to "fix". I loved Morrowind in 2002 on an old computer at the lowest settings running at 15fps and I still love it. It's home.
>>
>>3461128
They're fun to come back to years later and replay them, but I think after a few different characters you've about saturated what there is to see and do for the games for a while, and it's time to take a break until next time. I can't imagine continually playing them for years without getting burned out. Best experienced like an old friend you're excited to come back to.
>>
>>3461131
maybe you don't have a good memory. for me, it's played out. there's nothing left, no mystery, no discovery, certainly nothing interesting to interact with gameplay-wise. i guess it's just a difference in wiring, as comfort and security aren't things i look for in a video game.
>>
>>3460997
Yeah, I rarely replay story heavy games, just like I rarely reread books.

I don't think it's possible to have writing so good that it endures replays. Many elements like twists and consequences don't age well. I believe that's the reason it's such a common complaint, people start analyzing the story instead of being immersed. One can become disillusioned by how little choices matter etc.
>>
>>3449710
your character sucks bro. waste of time
>>
>3446158
>Try to get into the game every few years or so.
>start a new game
>pick up faggots ring
>ok cool
>fuck this shit lets go on adventure
>out of town going in random direction
>epic fight with some worm
>i cannot actually hit the little shit
>die
>fuck this piece of shit game, this garbage abomination
>>
>>3461651
I wonder how people like this can breathe, let alone play any video game
>>
>>3450127
I'm guessing he doesn't understand how the level scaling works and thinks it works like Oblivion? They don't actually level up but stronger variants of enemies show up as you level but it's not nearly as impactful or noticeable as Oblivion where everything just flat out levels up with you until your running into random bandits wearing fucking glass armor.
>>
>>3462020
the other guy who responded to that post explained it, anon. he's talking about juggling skill ups.
>>
vanilla tes games are terrible for roleplay the minute you want to take them seriously. this is fact
>>
>>3462382
Ok cool, here's a (you) for you
>>
>>3446158
>try to get into Morrowind for the second time
>focus on getting lost and fucking around
>talk to NPC
>He dumps too much information for a simple greeting
>hyperlinks make it feel like I am reading a wiki page ingame
>dialogue options are copypasted
>uninstalled the game
Skyrim did it better.
>>
>>3446158
anyone have the sam hyde n'wah card meme?? My pc's hard drive was got fried, and I lost my meme folder.
Thanks
>>
>>3462835
1/10 bait, quickly stopped being believable
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.