[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 814282_1140x516.jpg (105 KB, 1140x516)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
With two weeks left until launch, how are you guys enjoying the demo?
>>
i know it's a budget game, but the world looks like utter garbage from a 20 year old phone game
>>
>>3453009
Good god...
>>
>>3453009
I don't believe they fully nailed the aesthetic. It's supposed to be reminiscent of a pop-up picture book (for that place anyways)
Are those still made these days? Do people even know what I'm talking about?
>>
>>3453009
i think it looks cool
>>
>>3453009
Looks like a modern Falcom game.
>>
>>3453013
>I don't believe they fully nailed the aesthetic. It's supposed to be reminiscent of a pop-up picture book (for that place anyways)
You mean the aesthetic? Sure, many games like that is made. Especially in indie.
Picture book and pop-up can be done in 2D relatively cheaply quite well. Even smartphone games do it.
>>
>>3453009
The main reason this looks so bad is the shitty filtering on the objects in the world and not locking down the perspective so the objects are always flat.
>>
>>3453022
Nah Falcom has way better art desu
>>
>>3453064
>Nah Falcom has way better art desu
Maybe old Falcom had good art but their new stuff is utter rubbish
>>
>>3453064
They've had generic trash art for the past decade.
>>
About time.
If anybody was curious. The boss that's in the Necronomicon doesn't seem to be absorbable. Neither can the second set of enemies be. Seems what you're actually after from that fight is the paralysis gaze.
>>
>>3453005
>how are you guys enjoying the demo?
I played it for like 2 hours and got bored of it. I won't be playing the full release.
>>
>>3453009
Might as well play a WRPG with art like this.
>>
File: 1685981918385380.gif (1.11 MB, 250x250)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB GIF
>Enter thread
>The schizo is at it again
>>
>>3453137
This seems like a good gameplan, stick with it.
>>
>>3453005
after 100 hours i have mostly everything on my humans aside from flying body press, kawazu throw, triple dragon, and guanyin, and their custom versions and whatever other martial arts techs there might be, doesn't seem like there's any ki blast or second wind or any shenanigans like that going on here, or stuff like dual gunner
so i'm pretty well situated to just demolish shit with counter rakshas and blitz bolts and tracking floods, while i get dolores up to par
>>
>>3453198
>after 100 hours
I respect the autism but that seems a bit much
>>
>>3453198
ulillillia?
>>
>>3453238
granted a fair bit of it is just me having the game open in the background while afk between reattempts in fights, it's probably actually been more like 40 hours of actual playing
>>
>>3453198
I've been combing hardcore over relic skills and relic bearers. I'm pretty sure I understand how it works in general now.
We had a conversation last thread bout the weaknesses of them and I've just come to the conclusion that until we find out more information, there's no real discernable difference between monsters and relic bearers (especially if they get the chest slot) when it comes to ability to use monster skills.
The cat and werewolf have before and after guards on their claws, a chest slot that doesn't seem to change much, and their accessories.

Provided gear doesn't get nutty, their advantage is probably going to lie in higher general resistances. Even the cats general resistances are pretty decently good.
>>
>>3453320
i was able tonget headbutt fro, the thunder dragon, and uh bombingnraid or whatever frommthe earth dragon, nothing but goop from the slimes, nothing from beast king, nothing from the cursed monarch, i didn't even try the four wardens but i do still wanna go back and see if the crab from the well is obtainable at least, or what his special beetle might give..assuming i can kill him in a combo involving a relicbearer before he gets feasted on
>>
>>3453320
Accessories do look pretty crazy in this game, but we'll have to see just how crazy they get.
My issue with relic bearers is that it seems Relics will upgrade far slower than standard weapons, which means that if you want to keep using them you'll probably be stuck with inferior gear for a while until the big power spike you'll get from an upgrade, but in exchange you get monster skills, which are also potentially faster to get than techs, in that sense monsters don't have to worry too much.

Looking at what we can get in the demo it seems this game will be very gear focused when it comes to character building, even though weapon bound tech trees from SSG are no longer a thing there's much more variety in weapon types and specific gear gimmicks, we'll have to see whether there's the base number balance to make this work as well as it can, so far it looks really promising.
>>
>>3453445
I gotta get better at using Unleash and cycling through the garbage you get early on.
>>
the other issues with relics for me is 1) unleash taking up one of your already limited 8 tech slots and 2) monster techs taking place over the mech tech that the relic item gives, and since a mech's tech list isn't customizable, the only way to have the mech tech instead of the monster contained in the relic is unleashing the monster
also plant ephemerals have some pretty neat techs, a status immunity tech, a bp cost reduction tech, a combo range extension tech, a power buff tech, and a tech for every single status ailment you could possibly want, reattempting also makes it nice and easy to burn an ephemeral's lp for an inheritance
>>
>>3453985
I'm pretty okay with those mech limitations given what you're getting "a general massive expansion of the movelist a mech has access to", including things like a substantially cheap taunt (nudge is 1 BP), a host of ailments, and multiple conditional moves it'd assumedly never have access to otherwise. Making the deliberate decision to choose something like that over a mech slot seems fair.

Unleash I've been using on monsters more often due to more slots (specifically the chest slot). After going through the demos it seems more apparent to me that exactly what slot you absorb into matters a whole bunch. An accessory for something like headbut or nudge or some interrupt would allow that ability to be swapped between members as needed. But weapon slots for something like feral claw would be expensive to occupy the weapon slot on a monster (who can use them to defend themselves from damage versus a relic bearer (who gets to have their weapon still be used for guard via a regular tech).

But on that note
>>3453431
Is absorption true random in regards to skills it can give you per slot or does it depend on what you're absorbing it into like mystics?
I'm tempted to grind out one of the earlier fights just to see if I can't know for sure.
>>
>>3454174
>Is absorption true random in regards to skills it can give you per slot or does it depend on what you're absorbing it into like mystics?
didn't really consider that what slot or item (the relic being a weapon or monster armor or accessory) or which slot the item is in or what race the absorber is (monster/mech/ephemeral/relic-bearing humans like wednesday) might affect or determine the skill you get
>>
File: 1688128351701071.jpg (176 KB, 1920x1080)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>3453638
I don't really use Unleash during fights all that much, I don't think it's it's not particularly worth it given the HP tax, but can be good if you end up fighting something you didn't expect and want to absorb.
>>3453985
Relic bearer mechs sure open up a lot of questions, you gotta see whether it's worth keeping the relic as is or put some monster into it for a tech, I guess having a cover mech that can stuff a Nudge here and there for cheap provokes can be pretty good, but there's also a lot of interesting possibilities with certain monster conditionals, let alone status effects.
I think it's pretty interesting on Diva especially since she can change chassis whenever, her human form "Virginia" chassis looks pretty funky too, she comes with a free Scattered Petals as a mech tech for some reason, wonder if she can get other standard Katana techs too in some way and become a human/mech hybrid.
>>
>>3454379
What were they thinking locking this awful character in for the PC demo? Every single other character is better.
>>
>>3454381
What's awful about Diva exactly? She's cute like T260G.
>>
>>3454379
>free Scattered Petals
that's nutty
Anyways I think what I'll probably do is having a general tank monster via good counter claws that can give it's good tank relics to mechs for fights where mech stun isn't a thing.

But much like frontier the most important thing is going to be actually accurately scouting the enemies in the free battle spots as they'll probably end up making or breaking some companions when you get them. Doesn't seem like you can absorb bosses, however. So that's one thing to not have to worry about.
>>
>>3454383
Her whole zone is terrible, she has a weird accent, her story is boring, her progression isn't fun, just didn't like it at all.
>>
>>3454393
I kind of have to agree here. If this was my first exposure to saga I'd never try it again.
>>
>>3454386
>Her whole zone is terrible
What zone? Avalon? We see absolutely nothing about that.
>she has a weird accent
Switch to JP then
>her story is boring
Hot opinion considering we saw nothing at all about that
>her progression isn't fun
It's the exact same as the other characters
>>
>>3454398
Hey watch it buddy. That's me you're misquoting
>>
>>3454386
humans are strong for the center tank focus role, due to counter raksha being really strong and provides its own provoke, human martial artists are busted, they have all the tools for massive timeline manipulation and easy showstoppers, it's wild, blitz bolt pushes a character up the timeline the furthest this side of acceleration pack for instance, plus it does a 1 delay, and it costs 1 bp less than thunder kick
that said, counter raksha, maybe all counters in general, don't always work and don't seem to work against most if not all "projectile" and aoe attacks
>i did have counter raksha go off about 60% of the time vs dismal king's lightning lance but never against his freeze ray, so
>>
>>3454399
Sorry about that, for some reason I got the wrong post but the right greentext
>>
>>3454379
>LP
God I hate saga. Only good one was The Last Remnant; including Octopaths. Tried Scarlet Graces and it crashed about an hour in so I didn't bother continuing.
>>
>>3454398
>zone/story
She has a whole unique intro, what the hell are you talking about?
>Switch to JP then
Doesn't stop the text from being written to match the scottish accent and slang, its completely unavoidable.
>It's the exact same
How is robot progression exactly the same?
>>
>>3454405
>She has a whole unique intro
Just like everyone else, and? What does that have to do with "her whole zone"?
>Doesn't stop the text from being written to match the scottish accent and slang
Again, switch to JP, you do know Japanese, right?
>How is robot progression exactly the same?
What does character building have to do with progression, exactly?
And outside of being good, it's the same as mechs used to be in the previous games, only differences being that there's no motherboard parts and you don't download programs anymore because now they're tied to specific items.
>>
>>3454407
>Just like everyone else
Oh so you're being retarded on purpose, got it.
>>
>>3454400
Yeah, no projectile attacks, no aoe attacks, and seemingly not all the time. Counter Raksha doesn't have a guard direction attached to it either, right? I'm kind of assuming latter bosses are going to attack multiple times and you only get a single counter, right?

Humans should just catch up regardless I think sink Wednesday's armored suit was already tanky. I'm sure I'll figure something out from the monster perspective.
Though ideally without having to make an autistic spreadsheet this time as more of the general knowledge is in the game.

Though I will say the 15 different flavors of interrupt are quite nice.
>>
>>3454408
>No argument
Guess you have nothing to do on Sundays so you come here to shitpost
>>3454410
Counters don't go off continuosly in SSG so they're probably going to be the same here, they're one time only, Covers do work indefinitely as long as you're not quelled/killed though.
Don't think later bosses will be able to attack multiple times either since that's something strictly tied to showstoppers, this isn't like the pre SSG games where bosses would get multiple actions per round, in this timeline format you can't do that without Showstoppers, it was actually a big balance issue in SSG because the moment an enemy was alone in the field they'd be a sitting duck, even Firebringer Prime at to resort to constant AoE spam with inflated damage numbers and other gimmicks like BP depletion in order to not be a pushover.
>>
>>3454415
>No argument
What am I arguing against? You've misunderstood the point entirely.
>>
>>3454381
I don't understand why they made her so gratingly annoying.
>>
>>3454421
i find her to be a lovable oaf, but i'm not triggered by a gaelic inflection
>>
>>3454415
You're probably right. Still, I get a strong feeling either through multiple targetable parts or some other such things like traditional round table adds bmultiple hits are coming in.
But if they aren't that'd also be really really good.
>>
>>3454494
Oh yeah, I'm curious about that datamined fight with multiple body parts as well, there's very little we can infer from that so far, although again, I doubt it's going to be done in a way that doesn't have the multiple body parts as separate enemies, kinda like how Firerbringer 3 has the two Laevateinn as individual enemies.
Still, I could be completely wrong about it.
>>
>>3454506
separate body parts that are inseperable units on the timeline so that they always combo with each other and you can't get between them
>>
>>3454506
Oh? I didn't actually look up anything about the datamines. I was wholly just thinking of how they'd stop the player from spamming showstoppers. Since lone bosses would be in some serious danger of that happening against a full group.

kinda like how the necronomicon's boss constantly resummons (and annoyingly has guards on that ability)
>>
>>3454514
I never did the necronomicon fight. Is it not possible to quell any guard status on that ability?
Well I guess the quells would only work for the conditional ??? guard.
>>
>>3454554
You can't quell it, it's a guard stance effect for the Summon command, it's not a conditional, it's like the Bullwall tech the Warden of Wrath uses.
Technically you can stun the accursed monarch out of it, but guard stances also raise status resistances iirc so it's really hard to do, rightfully so since that would completely invalidate the boss too.
>>
>>3453005
I like the combat, but I'm struggling to get through Diva's 1st zone. I could not care less about her as a character. We finally get another mech MC after all this time and this is it?

I also hate that she weaves in and out of her accent. If you gonna try the brogue thing, then just go full in on it. Don't just occasionally toss in "cannae" and "wee laddie." I miss Taria being an unapologetic cunt.
>>
>>3454564
I really like her and I find the hokey voice acting to be endearing, though T260G was also my favorite of Frontier's protagonists, and I also love MS's voice acting.
Still, her first world in the demo isn't exactly a strong start.
>>
>>3454564
i like both taria's sarcastic snarky ass, and diva's mischievous dipshit ass
>>
>>3454571
I disagree, Delta Base is a very strong start start due to how many possible routes and decision you got right off the bat, but most people don't really grasp the sheer scope of that because they don't replay through it and make different choices.
Also consider the following
>You CAN go back to a world you've already visited and there will be new events in there, that will most probably be altered by what you did in your first lap
>NG+ supposedly alters this even further
>BR in this game also alters encounters so you have to add that to route splits and internal route splits like being able to fight the Beast King unarmed or with the sword as two different fights in the same route
I honestly find it seriously impressive that the first world alone has this breadth in terms of player choices, you don't really see many RPGs that give you that much input right off the bat.
>>
>>3454571
I'm just going to remain hopeful and avoid forming a real opinion on Diva without seeing more. How far does the demo go?
>>
>>3454592
The demo only has the first and second world available, but you have three possible choices for your second world, Grelon, Yomi or Pulchra.
>>
>>3454587
>Delta Base is a very strong start
If it doesn't get better than this guess I shouldn't bother then.
>>
>>3454587
I never explored other choices past my one demo playthrough, yeah. I think I must have really screwed up with the quests choices ending with being booted out of the world with the Yellow Overseer's consciousness lost in that machine boss fight.
>>
>>3454596
i still need to try and explore routes in pulchra and grelon, i feel like i pretty thoroughly sussed out the mechanics of yomi by now
>>
>>3454609
So far I think there's either two or three routes in Gleron for Diva, but even though I'm sure I know how they work I'm not quite sure on the event triggers to get into one of the specific routes.
>>
>>3454587
>You CAN go back to a world you've already visited and there will be new events in there, that will most probably be altered by what you did in your first lap
Here you mean that you can go back to a world on your second lap, or later in the game in the same lap?
>>
When the Tips menu says that blocking is impossible when your combat rate is high, do they mean enemy blocking or your retinue blocking?
>>
>>3454716
>*combo rate
>>
>>3454718
i would think it goes both ways when you see a combo bar active and the percentage glowing. For the team on the receiving end of a combo. it's not like you're actively blocking when your own combo is active.
>>
>>3454704
Later in the game, in a single run, no need for NG+ shenanigans.
Worlds in this game aren't a one and done deal like SaGa 2, you can go back to worlds you've already visited once in your current playthrough, which makes me believe that what you do in your first lap of a world leads to specific consequences in a possible second lap if you choose to go back there, which of course has serious implications in terms of what content you'll see during a run.
>>
>>3454716
it means whoever is on the receiving end of the attack
>>
>>3454587
>many possible routes
There's 3 and they're pretty linear. It only branches off in the end and it's in a very obvious way. I went through trying really hard to make various conditions happen but even if you have the slime eat the scientists nothing changes and you can fight the bugs without associating with red and you just continue as normal.
>>
>>3456050
he's talking mainly about how you can trade the necronomicon page away and not get to fight the cursed monarch, or how if you choose to remove the curses on the yellow researches you solve a ritgram instead of fight 4 skeletons, or how you can miss the opportunity to free the progenitor if you decide not to at the prompt or skip the possibility altogether by doing red's 2nd quest before green's 2nd quest, and how not taking red's help in green's 2nd quest gets you 3 more fights than otherwise, and you don't know yet how any of these paths affect the place upon a 2nd visit to it later on
>>
Played about 1.5 hours of the PC demo and decided the game had what I was looking for. Enjoying the discussion going around too.
Just waiting for preorder code and release now.

>>3453009
sovl
>>
>>3456120
Hmm

Anyways while we're on this topic, is there anything you can get out of the tech invention. The seed I planted multiple times and all I got was a fight and I didn't find an egg for the incubator

Also
>skeletons
What? Do they have anything good on them

Also it's too early to tell but at least for the enemies that give nudge they don't seem to have anything different you could absorb into chest. If it's weights per SLOT that'd be impossible for me to find out without an easy to spam fight with a large library and I don't feel like "playing out the game" just from the demo. So I've mostly left my options unexplored.
>>
>>3456143
the gizmo stuff seems to be disabled for the demo, or rather i think the timescale/flag condition isn't triggerable in the demo, i believe that it takes leaving the world and returning to it later for that stuff to mature, that or its just a few fights and it was just hardcoded to fail in the demo
the skeletons are just a "hard" level fight for more opportunity to glimmer grind, sure you get like more metal crystals, but other than that all you get from them tech-wise is gaze of death
and yeah i'm done grinding out the demo, just gonna wait on the full game, don't have it in me to try and reverse engineer monster slots vs relic bearing monster tech absorbtion mechanics without having an infinite fighting node to do it with
>>
>>3456151
>gaze of death
Huh
For some reason I thought you could only get the paralysis gaze.

Anyways the plant I've done. it's every fight (or maybe event? Hard to tell). I failed thrice on one loop and on the character I plan on playing when the game came out I chose the bottom option and got a fight and then the seed disappeared. I'm sure there's more to it than that but I guess we'll find out when the game lands.

I've been trawling the youtube channel and official twitter as they've been dropping game info every day and I'm hoping they might just lightly cover things about absorption that's not readily apparent as they're going pretty hard in battle tactics in general right now.

And goodness am I excited for the full release.
>>
>>3456152
i did both the eggs and the seeds on different runs through and both of them failed no matter what, the eggs just broke no matter what i picked and the seeds just gave me my seed back no matter what i did, i'm pretty sure its like how the infinite grinding spot there is disabled for the demo, maybe i'm wrong but that's the way it seems
>>
>>3456175
Did you not get a fight out of the seed? And did you choose all the options? I never got an egg so I don't know anything about that, but for the seed I did the first one (failed) second one (failed) and then on another save I did the third one (got a fight against three of the monsters that give nudge)
If you did all three options and got nothing then that could (possibly) mean that the outcome isn't set in stone. And you and I have just failed a 1/3 thrice.
>>
>>3456177
you were able to get a fight out of a seed? what did you do to trigger it? and by failed you mean you got your seed back right? and yeah i did do all 3 soils and did a fight inbetween all of them and only got the same seed back
>>
>>3456180
>what did you do to trigger it?
I just put it in, picked the bottom option, and it gave me a fight when I came back after a fight. I started one of the 2nd quests (i think it was red's) and did a single fight in it.
>>
>>3456181
hmm, maybebit was the starting of one of the 2nd quests that allowed it to progress, an event trigger kinda like how rs2's generational skip triggers operate underneath the hood
>>
>>3456127
What a super organic post.
>>
>>3456120
>how if you choose to remove the curses on the yellow researches you solve a ritgram instead of fight 4 skeletons
It seems extremely disingenuous to call this a "route."
>>
i'm pretty much just counting down the days until i can play the game, well, i at least still have plenty of minstrel song remaster and scarlet grace to go through, and the call of rs2, and the rest of frontier remaster
>>
>>3456151
The gizmo stuff for the eggs and whatnot is not going to work well in the demo since this game uses battles as a timescale for regulating events with internal clocks like that, it was the same in SSG.
There's a lot more to the game than meets the eye, this demo is really just there to give you a good taste of the battle system and a quick look at how basic progression works.
>>
>>3456246
You misunderstand, I just simply can't wait to pre-order. Take my money square enix XD
>>
>>3456250
we still don't know if those ritgrams you get have any effect or use later on, which if they do then i screwed myself out of them in favor of glimmer grinding the skeletons
>>
>>3456260
pre-purchase is up on steam and on switch and ps5 via squareenix directly, not sure about the mobile version
>>
You think the Switch version will leak early? It's a Square Enix game, but still rather niche
>>
>>3456451
Probably not, most people in the west don't care, but you'll never know, might happen for JP though, the final trailer is almost at 1M views already after two weeks, which is pretty surprising, there's clearly interest for the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXAlEqO5B70
>>
>>3456463
aw man in one of those scenes they showed at the end had diva in her humanoid form wielding a katana, i wonder
>>
>>3453005
There are 6+ jrpgs coming out within one day of this. Why would I pick the phone game?
>>
>>3456514
>6
What are they? I know Eiyuden Chronicle is finally releasing and I've been rushing to finish Rising for that.
But what's the rest?
Did I miss some? Are you counting Sand Land (play the demo and see if you still want to buy that) or Megaton Musashi (It's Level 5 and I'd really like that company to not die so I'm buying it)

What else is there?
>>
>>3456516
>>
>>3456519
Oh I forgot about Stellar Blad
Wait you own a PS5?
Anyways
>Class of heroes ports
Don't buy those. Please take better care of yourself

>Kingsgrave
>windows only
Indie? Honestly if it doesn't have the usual "Crafting, village building mechanics, """""retro""""" pixel graphics, I'll probably check it out.
>>
File: 1687113494058439.gif (433 KB, 500x373)
433 KB
433 KB GIF
>>3456519
>Not a JRPG
>Legitimate option
>"Enhanced" port of a mediocre hack and slash
-You are here-
>Port of a mediocre PSP DRPG
>Not a JRPG in any way or shape
>Not a JRPG
>Port of a mediocre PSP DRPG #2
Bro, you're looking pretty dire
>>
>>3456522
>Not a JRPG
Starting to realize where this board's worst autism really comes from.
>>
File: 1704670210754888.gif (1016 KB, 500x700)
1016 KB
1016 KB GIF
>>3456525
Pray tell me how something like a Korean character action game is in any way or shape a JRPG
By the way the people who made that are actual phone devs with no actual experience in anything but phone games, so trying to ruffle feathers in here while shilling Gook Nier clones doesn't make you look nearly as intelligent as you think
>>
>>3456529
Why did you post the most reddit animal in existence
>>
File: 1685478014611123.jpg (455 KB, 706x492)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>>3456542
I don't browse Reddit so I wouldn't know what you people like, I'd much prefer if you tried to actually answer questions rather than changing the subject of a shitty conversation you yourself started.
Eiyuuden has kangaroo party members by the way, so I assume that's a Reddit game to you and a definite confimation that you come from there, which is why you put it into that list.
>>
>>3456549
>posts the most reddit theologian, who was so fat he needed to sit at a special desk
>>
>>3456550
And yet he was nowhere near as fat as either you or your mom, but yes, keep invoking your fellow redditors as a way to cover your pathetic display, while confirming more and more where you come from.
Oh and thanks for the free bumps! Much appreciated.
>>
>>3456559
No cut that out. Don't respond to goading. This entire conversation chain does nothing but makes a fool of you both.
>>
if diva in her final form functions like a human and i can get martial arts (and tech selection most importantly) on a mech, then i'll be in heaven
>>
>>3456463
I played the Switch demo so I was only able to use English voices, but man the Japanese voices are so much better than the English ones
I know it's usually the case, but not always to this degree, I usually go with English if it's tolerable, but this game I'm going with Japanese for sure
>>
>>3456519
Ah backlog bait for bathtime gaming and a console exclusive ARPG that I'll play in 3 years on PC.
Yeah, sure.
>>3456529
I'd assume they're boxing it in because of the constant automata comparisons. For all I know it may be an ARPG on the same level.

>>3456262
>pre-purchase is up on steam
I had a large discount code for a storefront with a quite nice saving so I'm gonna be punished and prob gonna deal with key delivery issues.
>>3456246
I did say for months on end that I was interested in the game, still interested in the game and it came up. Seethe shitposter.
I will STILL! enjoy SaGa threads!
>>
>>3454564
Have you tried changing your audio language yet?
>>
>>3456732
it was the first thing i did, not because i have any issue with the english voice acting, but rather because i like hearing japanese to see how much i can infer from what little i know
>>
File: GLWhcZmbwAABene.jpg (1.01 MB, 1117x1117)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
The demo was unfiltered soul. This is gonna be a top tier SaGa
>>
>>3456684
That'd be really cool in her campaign but depending on how late it comes it might end up being like a type-8 situation in which you don't get a lot of time to play with your new toy.

Hoping the replayability(or at least the optional NG+ carryovers) touch on this since the BR is 2hundred and fucking 50 and I somewhat doubt it's going to be feasible to reach your hands all the way there on a first playthrough without BR carryover.
>>
>>3456684
Seems unlikely, Scattered Petal for the Virginia body is explicitly marked as a Mech tech and they've already shown that body in a mech firing stance where she fires something from her knuckles instead of using firearms like humans.
The Virginia body might be a red herring, the other bodies outside of Retro Pod seem very focused on ranged combat, so the Virginia body might be simply more focused on melee combat than the rest with Scattered Petals being a weird quirk like how Retro Pod has a built in Chainsaw with instakill procs.
>>
>>3457595
I didn't find it particularly impressive.
>>
File: machaslice.png (123 KB, 455x225)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>3457644
You will not survive the coming winter
>>
>>3453005
Is the story connected to other SaGa games? Thinking of picking it up, but haven't played any of the others.
>>
>>3457703
No. All games in the series are self contained.
>>
>>3457703
You might want to try another saga game before dropping $50 on this one.
>>
>>3457703
There's no continuity in this series, only references at best, try out the demo before buying, these games are good but not quite for everyone.
>>
>>3457708
>>3457710
>>3457769
Thank you all very much! Good to know that each game is it's own thing. As you guys suggest, I'm probably going to try out the demo at least before paying that much money for it.
In any case, I appreciate the help. May you three have a very nice rest of your week
>>
File: 1682258505209423.jpg (1.73 MB, 1200x1600)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
>>3457774
Before you try the demo be aware that
>Free quests are not in the demo, there will be more content and repeatable quests in the full product
>This entry is very focused on quest branching and routes, the demo ends after the second world too so unless you replay through it and make different choices you won't really understand just how many progression options you have
>Depending on the platform you're on you won't see certain mechanics, if you're on PC Diva has no access to magic or Kugutsu, if you're on PS5/4 Tsunanori doesn't have mechs or monsters etc.

This series has more focus on raw mechanics and roleplaying than the average RPG, EB in particular is extra focused on that as the game doesn't really have cities or orthodox dungeons, the game progression and self contained diorama worlds are the dungeons in a way, much like its precessor Scarlet Grace.
If you want a more orthodox but still very much SaGa experience, consider the first SaGa Frontier, it also has a very similar setting to this one, although it's handled fairly differently, ever since Unlimited SaGa the series became a lot more abstracted and even more experimental, most people don't really like this.
>>
>>3457781
I see. That's all very good to know. Thank you, Mr. Anon. I don't understand why different mechanics aren't available on different versions but it is what it is, I suppose.The demo should still give me an idea as to how SaGa works, even if it isn't like Frontier, as you mention. I'll try out the demo and then decide. Thank you again.
>>
>>3457774
I'd recommend these 3 games if you want to dip your toes in cheaply or for free first:
SaGa Scarlet Grace is mechanically the most similar, both in terms of combat and general exploration/story flow, both have overworld dioramas where you explore regions and get different outcomes based on your choices, although EB seems to focus on even more branching paths
SaGa Frontier has kind of a similar, wacky Sci-Fantasy setting, by SaGa standards I found the combat a bit easier as well, character growth is more similar here than in Scarlet Grace with similar character types as EB will have (mechs, humans, monsters and some other oddities)
SaGa 2 (Final Fantasy Legend 2 in the localized version), if you want a retro game as your entry, it's a GB game so a lot simpler than both of the others, but it has some setting similarities like parallel worlds
>>
>>3457781
>This series has more focus on raw mechanics and roleplaying
define roleplaying
>>
>>3457795
Thank you for the overview. I knew about the final fantasy legend series, but wanted to avoid the GB games for now and try a more "mainline" entry first.
Good information on the other two as well. I appreciate that. I suppose what's stopping me from trying some others before playing EB is that the SaGa games tend to be fairly long, so I don't see myself playing two in a row especially when there are other games to play. The cheapness of your three suggestions definitely makes them quite appealing compared to EB, however. Ultimately, it's a tough choice, and it's not as though I have to play the newest one just because it's the newest, so I'm not sure what to do. Perhaps I'll wait to play the demo and see.
>>
File: 20240410184252_1.jpg (330 KB, 1920x1080)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>3453005
I am playing Raidou 2 right now, will probably get started on the Switch demo (already beat the PC one) after. Did anyone bother with Constantine in Diva’s demo? He mentions he is bad at fighting and his stats looked unimpressive, so i didnt bother trying since you already start with a perfectly good team + gain another robot soon after. Wondering if he has any sort of gimmick or secret that makes him worth using since his skill as a benched character seems pretty good anyway.
>>
>>3457814
i used constantine extensively from the start because he's a human and thus has access to martial arts
he doesn't seem to posess any immediately apparent unique characteristics, but he seemed to glimmer certain techs soooner than the other 3 martial arts users
>>
>Robot with a scottish accent
This sold me on the dub
>>
File: whatthefuckisthis.png (944 KB, 620x800)
944 KB
944 KB PNG
What the fuck am I playing
>>
>>3457936
kawazu's vision for a tabletop jrpg
>>
>>3457938
I guess he knows absolutely nothing about ttrpgs then.
>>
>>3458003
He knows more about them than you ever will
>>
>>3458003
>magic gets insanely overpowered
>any amount of crafting at all breaks the game but not really
That's tabletop alright
>>
File: 1541214002752.jpg (38 KB, 396x922)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>mfw it just hit me that it's always been "Unlimited Saga" not "Unlimited SaGa"
>>
>>3458040
When the DMT hits and you hallucinate some weird shit
>>
File: 1712643857725403.jpg (3 MB, 4096x4096)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
One week left, pardner
>>
>>3458003
he does, but it's a jrpg in a tabletop format, not a tabletop rpg in a tabletop rpg format
>>
>>3458111
i'm most likely going to kill saruin by then
i've killed strom, and adyllis, already and killed avi and pyrix before, but that made me unable to kill adyllis so i had to go back and reroute
>>
Can somebody explain to me enemy absorbing and how that works? Apparently absorbed enemies count as both equipment and skills? What if I want to absorb some enemy to use in right handed slot, how would that work?
>>
>>3458217
>Apparently absorbed enemies count as both equipment and skills?
it's more like there is equipment (including innate equipment in the case of monsters) that can contain the soul of a slain monster for unpaid labor use of one of their techs, kinda not unlike enslaving pokemon in pokeballs, but it's ok here because we kill the monster first and then harvest their souls, so that means they don't feel any pain and it's more ethical this way
>What if I want to absorb some enemy to use in right handed slot, how would that work?
you would first have to unleash whatever is in that relic weapon, either by the menu or doing it in a battle, then once that slot is free and assuming you have no other open relic slots, then as long as the wielder of said relic is in the finishing combo/attack on the particular monster you want to absorb, then it should be absorbed into that relic slot
if you have more than one open relic slot idk what happens
if your relic-bearing character does not participate in the final combo/attack on the monster then you do not get the absorbtion
>>
File: 20240418204058_1.jpg (418 KB, 1920x1080)
418 KB
418 KB JPG
I like how Diva keeps calling everyone "love", also the writing in general is funny, short and to the point, which is the complete opposite of how it usually goes for a JRPG, I've never played a SaGa game but I decided to check out the demo on a whim and I really like it, I'll probably end up getting the full game on release day
>>
>>3458251
>if you have more than one open relic slot idk what happens
I only did light testing on this. It either absorbs from the bottom up or is random. I'm hoping it's the former. The latter would be case

Then again since there's soft BR caps it might not be that bad when it comes time to cycle stuff.
>>
>>3458263
This game is actually fairly chatty for the series' standards, same as SSG, there's a lot more reading than usual, mostly because unlike the other games you don't have actual dungeons to go through.
The writing style is still the same though, if not a bit more humorous than usual given the setting, Frontier was also fairly light hearted.
>>
>>3458251
Thanks anon, it's starting to make sense but I'll have to experiment some more with the system until it really clicks
>>
>>3458272
>Then again since there's soft BR caps
Is that like RS3 where each area would have a maximum BR cap?
>>
File: 2AaKqC1.png (241 KB, 1388x317)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
>>3458642
Sort of?

I think unless you turbo grind you might have a situation where the max is out of range unless you're training for superbosses
>>
File: 1701308457499720.jpg (2.96 MB, 2400x2400)
2.96 MB
2.96 MB JPG
SECHS
>>
I hope EB doesn't have as many "what the fuck just happened?" spaghetti code moments as SSG did.
>>
>>3459116
such as?
>>
>>3459270
Telling Adill off as Urpina, then being able to recruit him in one of the droplet caves, and then you go back to the Walomir Quarters and he's still there, talking to you like he's not in your party.
>>
>>3459422
i never came across anything like that yet, but i heard something about queen victoria dying and then being recruitable, or being recruited and then dying innthe story but still being in the party, or something like that
>>
>>3459116
>>3459270
>>3459422
>>3459457
I don't think that's exclusive to Scarlet Grace. In Romancing SaGa 2:
>As a female Court Mage, save the Amazon and be invited to her village. Talk to her and you recruit her for your empire
>Ignore Rocbouquet
>Go to the Amazons with a male emperor
>Cutscene of the Amazon telling all other Amazons to kill any men that they come across. You are seen by the Amazons and escape
I did not test it, but before selecting that male emperor I had used an Amazon emperor, so if the team is wiped out I could select an Amazon for inheritance, but I cannot recruit any Amazons until Rocbouquet is killed or I switch to a female emperor.
>>
File: 1713456750479136.jpg (1.16 MB, 1117x1117)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB JPG
FIVE
>>
>>3453005
>No XCI leak yet
When?
>>
>>3459876
I doubt it'll leak, it's super niche in the west, so it'll just be the standard NSP release shortly after it's available on the eshop
>>
File: 16397091043.jpg (358 KB, 1280x720)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
>>3459868
>>
>>3457795
nta but this is a helpful post, thanks man.
>>
>>3459904
for me, i'd say for what is currently out, minstrel song remaster, scarlet grace ambitions, and romancing saga 2 remaster are all my 3 go-tos, deserted island picks, 3 years in solitary picks, and newbie's first entry picks
emeral beyond will probably bump romancing saga 2 remaster or scarlet grace out
>>
>>3459876
It's digital only in the west.
No physical copy means no leak
>>
>>3453005
Spamming a billion square enix threads and talking to yourself won't make people like saga.
>>
>>3460015
Meds now
>>
File: 1693047875448111.gif (2.98 MB, 640x480)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
>>3460015
He says, as he obsessively posts this in every SE related thread
Thanks for the bumps anyway
>>
File: screenshot.png (1.6 MB, 1733x828)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
>>3459116
Speaking of SSG, can anybody tell me how to enter the second half of Marchiam Normi? Both the pic related and Gusty Gorge are blocked by weather.
>>
>>3460015
Sometimes I truly wonder how schizophrenics perceive the world. Seeing enemies everywhere and viewing innocuous if not completely irrelevant events as targetted personal attacks or plots must be nightmarish
>>
>>3460217
I was just going to not respond to him. This is the first thread I've ever made on this board and I only made it because we went like two days without a SaGa thread, the games release is coming up, and I never got a chance to talk about the demo.
>>
>>3460217
>Seeing enemies everywhere and viewing innocuous if not completely irrelevant events as targetted personal attacks or plots must be nightmarish
Cool it with the anti-Semitic remarks
>>
>>3460253
even if they were only employing the cheapest pajeets I don't think any company would get a reasonable return shilling on this website, least of all on /vrpg/
indie devs shilling their game a bit for free, sure it happens, but it's still such a small amount of posts compared to the same kinds of threads every day I don't get why people get so upset about it
>>
so are there dungeon like areas to traverse in this one or is it mostly fighting from menus or the world map? If not dungeons then perhaps open zones to fight in?

everything I've heard is mostly about battle system or graphics but I'm more interested in how the overall scenario is executed when it comes to gameplay loops
>>
>>3460355
from what i saw in the demo it's like scarlet grace and there are hubs where you interact with stuff to trigger events and battles.
>>
I thought the combat was gonna be just renkei spam but then a boss raped me with solo bonus turns
>>
>>3460505
it's honestly all timeline manipulation as far as i'm concerned, as long as you have enough adequate timeline manipulation options you will dominate, for the most part, and i've only explored through martial arts, but martial arts at least gives you all the tools for timeline manipulation you need to prevent enemy boss showstoppers and get your own showstoppers instead, at least aside from the extreme cases where the boss is alone on the left and all your guys are all the way to the right and even blitz bolt won't move any of them far enoigh up to prevent the showstopper, for those rare occasions, you have a mech with acceleration protocol
>>
File: 1710148381189595.jpg (3.09 MB, 2400x2400)
3.09 MB
3.09 MB JPG
FOUR
>>
What kind of outcomes can you get from the first world you do as Diva? Where you have to choose between the divisions. Is there some specific combination of them you have to do, or is it best to stick with one color all the way?
>>
File: 1695825204839135.jpg (301 KB, 1920x1080)
301 KB
301 KB JPG
>>3460355
If you mean places that aren't the overworlds where you can move around with your character there's the Junction, and that's about it.
The 17 different worlds act as minidungeons of sort in how there's puzzles and various event chains you need to complete in order to access certain parts of the map or events.
For instance, in Delta Base there's a section where you have to manually connect certain parts of the maps through elevators in order to access them and the events located there, Pulchra's map accessibility changes depending on which event routes you decide to go through, the way you get to Gleron's main quest location changes depending on who you're playing as and which event routes you end up taking etc.
There's also the tangram puzzles to spice things up, and sometimes you need to navigate the map to find the pieces, but overall the actual puzzles are event chains, the worlds themselves are dungeons, but not in the traditional sense, the encounter design is based on event battles you have to fight in order to proceed and the navigation/puzzles are also based on map events, it's kind of a more casual version of Unlimited's dungeons but without the chess movement and skill checks for map navigation, in turn you get much more complex questlines and different gimmicks depending on the world you're in.
>>3460752
You do the first phase of each section's questline regardless, you have to stick with one of them in the second phase.
Afaik the Red Division is the only one that has a specific subroute split regarding the Beast King's sword, which leads to two different bossfights depending on whether you get the sword or not, there's also some specific sub event depending on which division you choose to help, e.g. that one sub quest with the mystery nigga in Delta Base that knows shit about the Diva models is only available in the Green Division route.
As for the long run outcomes, we don't know, there's not enough content in the demo to check.
>>
>>3460757
>regarding the Beast King's sword
the what now? I didn't see anything like that. But I only did red divisions fight once.
>>
>>3460760
The second part of the Red Division quest is about the true reason why the Red Overseer tries to get chummy with you, I won't spoiler what happens, but at some point serious shit happens and you have to make a choice regarding a certain sword that is kept sealed by the Yellow Division, the storyline will change depending on whether you pick up the sword or not, and the final boss in that route of Delta Base will also change.
>>
>>3460765
No I've seen all 3 climaxes. I didn't know you could do anything related to the sword. The scan thing didn't update to show anything related to it. Or maybe it allows you to rescan and I didn't notice? Either way I didn't realize that was an actual thing.
>>
>>3460767
Neither did I, I picked it up from some JP stream where I saw people fighting the Beast King unarmed and with some Golden Baum as support instead of being alone and with the sword.
>>
>>3460726
I'm juggling a bunch of RPGs right now, but they'll all be dropped since they are just passing the four days until Emerald Beyond is released.
>>
>>3460772
>some JP stream where I saw people fighting the Beast King unarmed and with some Golden Baum as support instead of being alone and with the sword.
huh? everytime i've faced him he has had a goldenbaum and no sword, and there was never any mention of a sword, though it does show the beast king with a weird looking sword in the flashback monologue imagery
never knew he could somehow have a sword
>>
is this the SaGa general? I'm trying to decide which game in the series to play for the first time, I recently finished FF2 and am interested to see how its ideas evolved. I almost played the one that was remade/rereleased a year or so ago but when I read it has some sort of time limit or that you can miss events it turned me off. Is that something common to the entire series or just some entries? I got the impression that system wouldn't be as much of a problem if you replayed the game multiple times but I'm not sure I'll want to do that. Any advice?
>>
>>3461023
If you want to see how the series evolved, play in production order, starting with Final Fantasy Legend and sequel (skip 3, it's not really a SaGa game) and then the Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier series.
>>
>>3461023
it's not a time limit so much as a battle limit, each battle you finish gives you points that go towards battle and event rank, and at certain event ranks quests aren't available and some quests will fail if you don't complete the, before a certain event rank, but the main overarching quest isn't limited by event rank at all and you can take all the "time" (read: battles) in the world that you want before facing saruin
>>
>>3461072
thanks for the clarification. is that not very annoying? I just don't like the idea of either missing stuff or meticulously following a guide. if it was something like your battles count toward an event rank but you could choose when to rank up and thus clean up any rank-sensitive events beforehand I'd be fine with it
>>
>>3461080
You're going to miss out on stuff during your first run for just about any saga game unless you're incredibly thorough, and even then Misntrel Song has events that can only be done on repeat playthrougs.
Event Rank isn't that bad though, and you can easily keep it under control by just avoiding fights or escaping/using smoke bombs.
>>
>>3461089
how important would you rate the missable stuff then? are we just talking random items or are they interestingly written sidequests? also is that recent remaster an acceptable version to play? it seemed like it when I was researching it awhile back
>>
>>3461099
First of all, the remaster is good and add some very welcome QoL changes, including an actual ER indicator. The saga remaster are generally the best way to play these games, you can't really go wrong with them.
There's a pretty wide range of events with varying degrees of importance that are available at specific ER ranges, even some of the mcguffins you're supposed to find may become completely cut off at certain points.
But then again, these games are supposed to be replayed and even if you completely fuck up your ER progression, like many people have on their first playthroughs, the game is always beatable.
Since you started with FF2, you could also stick to release order like that other anon said.
If you just want to jump into a more accessible game you can also start with Romancing Saga 3 or Saga Frontier.
>>
>>3461080
it's a game that's meant to be new game+ replayed through many times, as is scarlet grace, as is emerald beyond
>>
>>3461113
>even some of the mcguffins you're supposed to find may become completely cut off at certain points.
the fatestones are necessaily NEED to get items, so missing stuff like the aquamarine because you didn't find the right cave in the lake before 15 event rank or whatever is fine, you can fight saruin with however few fatestones you end up with
>>
>>3461113
>>3461118
>>3461119
I see, well thanks again for the knowledge
>>
File: 1686331287661264.webm (2.61 MB, 1920x1080)
2.61 MB
2.61 MB WEBM
>>3460899
lmao, this is SaGa for you.
But yeah, you can fight him alone and with the sword in one route instead of being unarmed, which is the seven branch sword from SaGa 2, he will use mostly high tier Katana techs but can also use Goop/Squall as monster techs, which leads me to believe the seven branch sword is a Relic in this game.
>>3461099
Everything outside of your prologue and the final boss fight is technically optional and missable in Minstrel Song, so your mileage varies.
These games are made with replay value in mind, a lot of content is well hidden and missable, if not mutually exclusive with some other content so there's hardly any game where you can have what you'd call a 100% run, you are going to miss out on things whether you like it or not, you are supposed to replay through the games over and over if you actually want to see everything.
Whether the content is important or not depends on how you look at it, these games' narrative is a Tales from the Flat Earth kind of deal, it's largely about small stories during a specific time frame that build up the setting's world when they're all put together.
Something like the butterfly quest in Minstrel Song for instance isn't directly related to the "main" events, but it's still something that builds up part of the setting, whether missing that is important or not depends largely on your personal enjoyment, other quests related to the Fatestones such as the ailing emperor are directly tied to the "main" events so they're technically more important, but you can still skip them or miss them entirely.
>>
>>3461133
Any idea what the conditionals for either weapon are? I've only seen the variant without the sword
>>
>>3461208
If you want to get the sword version I'm fairly sure you need to go through the Yellow Division route and choose to pick the sword, the Red division Overseer will steal that and bring it to the Beast King right before you start the fight.
No idea how you can get the sword for yourself though since he doesn't drop it after the fight and they seal it back again, I assume you can get it if you choose to go back to Delta Base again?
We will see in the full game I suppose.
>>
>>3461023
>I read it has some sort of time limit or that you can miss events it turned me
That's a shame since Minstrel Song is amazing. I've never played a video game that has given me the sense of adventure it gave me.
>>
>>3461236
Well I haven't fully decided against it, I just didn't start it up after reading that but I'm willing to give it another shot
>>
>>3461133
>Something like the butterfly quest in Minstrel Song for instance
i just did that quest the other day, yeah it really had no bearing on the overarching story but it was a nice little sidestory to help flesh out the world, the game has quite a bit of that going on, or stuff that seems to have no relation to the plot but actually does in the end, like saruin's elemental lords, you can very easily not know that saruin made them and that they're rebellious to him and still manage to run headlong into them, or things like theodore's madness, or auldburg
>>
I just beat Scarlet Grace with Balmaint's story last night. I got the ending where I got the title drop and Bal + Arthur run off to see the world. I hear there are others?

I'm not sure what the title drop is or what it does, or if the Firebringer had a point about the Celestials or not, but I had a good time with the game!
>>
Is this getting a physical release, or are we still digital-only?
>>
>>3461504
>I hear there are others?
There are like six of them. Some of them are reliant on the chapter order, the rest on Arthur. In slightly more detail, these endings depend on him staying or leaving before the endgame and how often you used him in comparison to other retinue members.
>>
I started Unlimited SaGa again
After bouncing off of it 3 times in the past, this time I figured out you could rest/heal on the field with L3. I had no fucking idea. What other JRPG uses L3 for an essential function like that? kek, fucking SaGa man
I'm gonna be seeing through these reels like I'm peering into the matrix before the end
>>
>>3461627
I didn't know that until I read the manual. I ended up reading the manual a bunch because I had no clue how to exit town.
>>
>>3461530
What do you think? It isn't getting a physical English release.
>>
>>3461627
at least starting with scarlet grace they've moved beyond having a separate manual and instead build it into the game itself, minstrel song remastered has one but it's in the form of an npc in every town
for instance games like lunacid also just wholesale places its manual fully within the game itself that can be viewed at any time (and in a traditional page-by-page book form) from the menu, all good games in the modern post-physical all-digital age will do this kind of thing, and unlimited would have benefitted from doing this back then and would have been ahead of its time in that regard, people are more inclined to actually read through a manual's contents when they are accessible in-game, rather than having to put down their controller to rife through a printed book that they may or (in most cases) may not even actually have, at least when the manual is baked into the game itself there's no worry of the player potentially not having access to it
so that's one rework i think they could afford to do for unlimited, put in an in-game manual
>>
File: 1695349353069335.jpg (2.51 MB, 1240x1240)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
THREE
>>
File: delayed.jpg (1.86 MB, 4096x4096)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
Sorry everyone, the game has been delayed.
>>
Bonnie has a tattoo on her lower back. Cultured character design
>>
Hows the translation on this one? I was going to pick up Eiyuden but I refuse due to the word "chud" being used in it's localization. Worst I've seen so far was "glow up" in the demo.
>>
>>3462040
eiyuden chronicles really uses chud in its script?
>>
File: 1713800066112843.jpg (194 KB, 2048x1152)
194 KB
194 KB JPG
>>3462042
>>
>>3462040
It definitely tries to 'quirk' the game up, but the setting itself is already fairly whacky
in the Diva storyline this manifests as her having some kind of scottish accent, calling everyone 'love' or using 'dinnae'. I prefer the Japanese voices for this one and I'm usually not that picky and just go with English, but it's at least not political BS
>>
>>3462043
oh wow, yikes, i see the spirit of working designs localizations has finally found a modern home, huh?
>>
>>3462040
Only notable change I've seen by playing the demos is that Diva got a scottish accent and some extra inflections, though it's not particularly bad since it makes sense for the setting and the original Kansaiben speech of people from Miyako is lost in translation too, basically you swap Tsunanori and Miyako's citizens' Kansaiben for Diva and Avalon's citizens brit accents, which is not a bad deal.
Other than that it seems pretty good judging from the demo.
There's some minor nitpicks I have with certain other things such as the combo formatting, which doesn't really work well but I suppose they truncated it because the JP formatting doesn't work well in english, other than that the EN voice acting is fucking atrocious so for the love of god switch to JP because most VAs completely failed to understand their characters, so far Administrator Gold is the only one who I'd call okay, and the JP voice is still better.
>>
Is the cat a main character with their own route?
>>
File: 1691913108782148.jpg (1.29 MB, 2894x4093)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>3462331
No, Lolo is Ameya's familiar, think Goto from the Raidou games.
>>
>>3462338
or luna from sailor moon?
>>
File: 1698856337668486.jpg (1.33 MB, 1117x1117)
1.33 MB
1.33 MB JPG
TWO
>>
>>3462040
>Hows the translation on this one?
It is so bad that people were begging others to play with the JP VA during the thread as a response to criticism.
>>
>>3462691
Game's already downloaded for PSN preorders, so it'll be playable in a little over 36 hours from now.
>>
>>3462696
I didn't see that. Is the translation bad or is it because of the ooch me accent gaelic stuff for Diva?
>>
Got my key and activated.
Now to wait
>>
>>3462696
>people were begging others to play with the JP VA during the thread as a response to criticism
Do the non-Steam versions not have this option?
>>
>>3462847
My brother played the demo on switch and didn't have the option to. On steam you get language and text. It's pretty neat.
>>
>>3463060
How bad is it? Is it offensive like >>3462043?
I'm currently learning jap and I'm not good enough yet to play these games without english subtitles.
>>
>>3463090
Sorry. That was for the Eiyuden Chronicle thread.
Emerald Beyond is flowery and there's some decisions with accents but that's mostly me nitpicking. At least from what I' got out of the demo, you're getting the story how it's meant to be told... For the most part. To an acceptable level at least.

From the non localization (as in the quality of what you're reading) side of thing the game reads how it should for it's features, things that are important in Japanese are still important in english, the guides were translated correctly, and the information provided for every piece is correct. It's the bare minimum sure but it's all done.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (7).jpg (692 KB, 2000x2666)
692 KB
692 KB JPG
Well, at least this will show up as Diva's last body.
>>
File: 1699475735718615.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
>>3463292
Diva's last body is going to be the Virginia body.
Simon's Paradox body is the Omega Body of this game as it's visually inspired by it and comes with Cosmic Rave, they already spoilered most of it with previews.
If Simon's in Crow Realm you might even get it pretty early in fact, but we'll see, Saraab is also in Crow Realm and that would give Diva the Mover body.
>>
>>3463295
i really don't care what anyone says, the ingame models are gorgeous
>>
File: 1700624606868204.jpg (569 KB, 2000x2000)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>3463307
They're on the low budget side no doubt, and some of the bump maps look rough as hell, but they're fine overall.
They really need to work on those filters though, that posterization effect looks really rough past a certain draw distance, it's a common issue of watercolour style filters that is admittedly hard to avoid, even the better looking games like Tales of Arise didn't manage to avoid it entirely.
>>
>>3463313
bigger budget doesn't equal better, but i'm speaking more on the aesthetic design of them, also it's nice to finally see the romancing saga 2 monsters get 3d models and they look great to me
>>
File: 1684906936072024.png (302 KB, 466x405)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>3463316
I'll be honest with you, I don't like Kuramochi's designs, so I won't speak for aesthetics.
I do agree that it's really cool to see all these classic enemies in 3D, and they did a pretty good job on that side, the Maggot Balls are truly memeworthy and things like the Golden Baums or Sensei look great.
Just one more day and we'll finally sink our teeth into this game.
>>
I dont hate the voice acting desu, maybe i just need to play the demo more
>>
File: 1573609244045.png (523 KB, 879x575)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
I only got into SaGa during summer last year. This is going to be the first SaGa I play at launch and I cannot fucking wait.
>>
>>3463328
I’m kind of a newfag as well, i got into it around the time Romancing Saga 3’s remaster was released.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (1).jpg (632 KB, 2000x1919)
632 KB
632 KB JPG
>>3463295
Were can I see a clip of it in action? Also, will we ever see this guy in action again?
>>
>>3463329
>>3463328
The SaGa remaster cycle has done wonders for the franchise desu. Here's hoping for Frontier 2 soon.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (9).jpg (1.54 MB, 2000x2160)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>3463333
Would love if the last act of Kawazu is to remake the very first SaGa as a fully 3D turn based and add more levels and worlds.
>>
>>3463331
not-warmech from saga 1? he's probably in the mobile game, they've been managing to stuff every character in there
>>
>>3463333
I meant to comment but it's going to be odd seeing them do that game. As SF2 was one of the prettiest games on the PS1 and the characters fit beautifully in the backgrounds. So it'd be really hard for the typical Squenix AI touchup to work as that would absolutely shred the character spritework when it's now juxtaposed against sharply detailed foregrounds.

Maybe if EB just printed money I could see them doing 1 to 1 redraws of literally all of the games assets. But I think technology will have progressed far enough to when they do their HD remaster it'll look decent enough with the obligatory "new kawazu remaster" new content.
I look forward to them turning the optional Egg fight into some hellish night impossible superboss.
>>
>>3463336
i never realized that remake had FORTY SIX different battle backgrounds, beautiful too, that wonderswan color remake really set the tone and precedent for future saga remakes to come
>>
>>3463331
You can't, there's no animated footage of Simon's Cosmic Rave, only screenshots.
>Also, will we ever see this guy in action again?
Who knows, there's a lot of GB SaGa stuff in this game judging from the demo, so maybe?
>>3463336
His swan song being a full remake of SaGa 1 would be kino, but I don't think it's going to happen, it's probably going to be Romancing SaGa 4 (4 real this time) as he always jokes about that.
>>
>>3463340
yeah i'm really not sure how they're going to pull off making saga frontier 2 look better, but i trust kawazu and his crew to find a way to make it work
>>
>>3463340
It'll be interesting for sure. I'm wondering if they'll go with bullets again or if they'll dip back to artepiazza.
They're free from their nintendo chains after redoing SMRPG so they could return.

I also think SaGa has come out well on avoiding the AI remaster and shitty port tropes SE are known for so far.
It's even dodging bullets that DQ has tanked.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (5).jpg (708 KB, 2000x2666)
708 KB
708 KB JPG
>>3463339
No, that's Mk II from...SaGa 2.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (10).jpg (438 KB, 2000x1284)
438 KB
438 KB JPG
>>3463341
Floor 16 will always be my fav.
>>
>>3463350
>or if they'll dip back to artepiazza.
After RS3 they shifted to inhouse remasters, Kawazu seems to have taken Miura under his wing lately so I don't think he'll go back to Artepiazza if he can afford it, having a part of the team work on remaster/remakes is probably less stressful than checking on an external team, though on the other hand it would also mean more people to employ on a new mainline, it's a tough call.
I wish Kawazu could afford people like TOSE, they'd help a great deal.
>>
>>3463350
dq is cooked now, sugiyama is gone, toriyama is gone, it'll never be the same again, maybe they can pivot to a new graphical designer and composer but good luck on that, they'll probably be better served by just training AIs on data exclusively from toriyama and sugiyama and using whatever those spit out
>>
>>3453005
Based only in the visuals, animations and character design this may be one of the ugliest JRPGs ever made.
>>
File: existarchive.jpg (244 KB, 1280x720)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>3463367
I mean it's not pretty but
>one of the ugliest JRPGs ever made
Not even close. Not even in top 100
>>
>>3463373
Name 5
>>
>>3463376
Exist Archive, Pandora's Tower, Eternal Poison, Ephemeral Fantasia, Quest 64,
Do we consider the mobile ports of final fantasy? Even if we don't, add All the Bravest to that list, Forever Kingdom (even if I like that one)
There was some psp game that is like on the tip of my mind that I can't remember that I quit solely because of how it looked

I'm also avoiding listing Kemco games (of which there are a metric fuckton) because that would be cheating.

Then there's Ronde, and while it's my shit Panzer Dragoon Saga is... it requires a learning curve to get back over the visuals each time I play it. Honestly I was going to list another dozen (or more) but I think I've got the point across.
Okay maybe a few more, Granstream SaGa, Conception 1 and 2, and I guess arguably Zestiria. I bought that shit on consoles. ended up giving everybody sunglasses to avoid seeing their faces
>>
File: 1683415192364891.png (205 KB, 443x449)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
not gonna finish Eiyuden in time

go on without me
>>
>>3463385
Don't know the rest but Pandora's Tower and Eternal Poison look better and Quest64 is shit but looked fine by the time.
>>
>>3463394
>but looked fine by the time
Jetforce Gemini release 1 year later
Ocarina of time and Turok 2 released that same year, Turok, Yoshi's Story, and that one Star wars games with the really sick cheat menu released a year prior
It was ugly then and it's uglier now.
>>
File: 1702142460520090.png (901 B, 557x267)
901 B
901 B PNG
>>3463367
Very odd way to say you don't play videogames.
And even if you were right, it's still a good game, whereas a polished turd remains a turd no matter how good it may look.
>>
>>3463385
I like how Quest 64 looks. It's just that dungeons can be samey, especially the caves.
>>
>>3463410
Adults don't have the time to play every slop that comes out. Not playing this garbage when there are hundreds of good rpgs out there.
>>
>>3463444
>slop
Go back to /v/, nigger.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (38).jpg (189 KB, 2000x1500)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
What are the Regions? Was told that it can all be summed up like Flash Gordon circa 1980. But they seem more like alternate dimensions.
>>
So when does it unlock, midnight for EU? I'm waiting for my GMG key anyway so I expext I'll only get to olay tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to actually experiencing a new SaGa game at launch
>>
>>3463600
says 1 day and 5 hours on steam
>>
>>3463494
From the demo it felt more like dimension hopping rather then world traveling like SF1.
>>
>>3463386
Rub-a-dub-dub
>>
>>3463385
>Granstream SaGa
kek
>>
File: Capture.png (11 KB, 337x37)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
Ready for tomorrow
I was gonna pirate it like a filthy animal but I just got my tax refund and SaGa is one of the few franchises I feel good supporting
Can't wait for it to unlock 12 hours later than every other platform
>>
>>3463663
I was getting a bit self conscious at the lack of recognition of both it and that.
For what it's worth I liked most of the games on that list excluding Exist Archive and Ephemeral Fantasia. The latter was one of the few games I didn't rent again due to being incredibly bored (and also having no fucking clue what to do because I was a kid)
>>
>>3463333
I got into SaGa around 2020, the remasters put it on the radar for me but SaGa Frontier is what made me fall in love with the series. And then right after I played Frontier they did the remaster for that one as well. I prefer the aesthetics of the PS1 original, the UI for the remaster is ugly IMO. And the re-translated attack names throw me way off

>>3463666
Granstream Saga is a neat game, RIP Quintet.
I've owned a copy of Ephermeral Fantasia since around 2010 and I've never been able to play it for more than 30 minutes without completely losing interest in it. One of these days I'll force myself to play it more just to see where it goes. Apparently there's some sort of rhythm mechanic to the attacks? Sounds neat, in theory.
>>
>>3463373
>>3463385
>>Exist Archive
I will never not be mad
>>3463385
>Eternal Poison
Got this game for 25 cents on Amazon a decade ago, I have no idea why I did. It is awful.
>>
File: 1692289046088152.jpg (2.84 MB, 2400x2400)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY
With Sari's husbando
>>
Which one will you start with? Continue your demo save data or start a new character?
>>
>>3463763
>Which one will you start with?
I'm gunna skip this one.
>>
>>3463766
No one asked you faggot
>>
>>3463763
New character for sure.
>>
>>3463763
Not sure yet, might go for the dyke cops.
I do feel like saving Siugnas balls for last though
>>
>>3463763
Thinking the duo since I want to start a new file but maybe the magical girl if I don't want to protags taking active party slots all game.
>>
>>3463782
Lesbian duo does look fun
I played the Magical Girl demo on Switch, you'll like it if you like cute girl being cute. It's a bit light on battles at first though
>>
>>3463667
Nice nice.
>I prefer the aesthetics of the PS1 original, the UI for the remaster is ugly IMO
Sooo I had an issue with the looks of the remaster as well, I'd emulated the originals and had the benefits of shaders on a 4k display and sizing it up to match a 26" CRT in my living room and bedroom and at my desk it was only 22" with the remaster?
It looked "okay" at 4k from an appropriate distance but still ugly if your AOV was too great, so I just forced some tweaked trinitron shaders over it and it wasn't so bad but I get the complaint.
4:3 remasters being forced widescreen kinda bug my autism but I get why it happens.

>>3463385
>Then there's Ronde, and while it's my shit
Ronde is a form of CBT reserved only for grand magus' who have unlocked the secrets of immortality 2bh.
It might just be one of the slowest games to exist.
>>
>>3453009
This is literally gore. I don't mean that to be facetious, this overworld gives me the same gut reaction as seeing chopped limbs and pulped faces.
>>
>>3463805
>not playing SaGa Emerald Beyond with ISIS beheading videos on the 2nd monitor
NGMI
>>
RPGsite gave the game a 9/10
https://www.rpgsite.net/review/15759-saga-emerald-beyond-review
>>
>>3463805
>I don't mean that to be facetious
yeah, you mean it to be hyperbolic instead
>>
>>3463825
I'm going to put you in an industrial lathe, but facetiously.
>>
>>3463814
Nice, SaGa fans will be eating good tomorrow
>>
>>3463784
How does magic even work in Emerald Beyond? I didn't get any casters in my two playthroughs of Diva's demo.
>>
>>3463828
Outside of the usual shitholes being too stupid to get the game, western reception seems pretty good based on the people who actually took their time to play it
https://www.consolecreatures.com/review-saga-emerald-beyond/
https://www.shacknews.com/article/139610/saga-emerald-beyond-review-score
The JP side of things is more positive overall, but that's a given, they actually do know this series and they're acknowledging that despite the low budget this is first grade stuff, everyoone from Famitsu to Dengeki or 4gamer are impressed by both the combat and the sheer depth in terms of progression, saying that playthroughs are short but radically different from each others.
Kawazu really wasn't boasting when he said he came up with a unique progression system that would let you play this game over and over again.
>>
>>3463839
>Outside of the usual shitholes being too stupid to get the game
I remember several Grace reviews being pretty funny in that regard.
>>
>>3463814
So the cops get the sandbox campaign this time around
>>
>>3463839
Man, I'm busy until end of tomorrow so I haven't even gotten a chance to play the demo. Haven't played any SaGa games before either. Should I just go for it?
>>
>>3463854
Longtime fans agree that despite the low budget pains the game is exceptional, and some newcomers are also saying that the game is not so hard to get into if you know nothing about the series, I'd say go for it, this is the first full global release too so it's something of a special event.
Threads will be very active too.
>>
>>3463814
oh boy if embargos are lifted it's time to do the ritual
read the bad reviews and spot filtered reviewers
>>
>>3463860
I see. Thank you for the recommendation, Mr. Anon. $50 is a lot, but I might go for it if it's that good
>>
>>3463838
Seems like it's Frontier style magic learning where you get a chance to learn a spell after a fight, but it seems spell learning is also tied to equipment.
The witches like Lita, Willma or Ameya and some other characters come with spells prelearned so in their case it's just about using spells over and over, other people need to find some equipment that teaches spells apparently, and some people like Kato can't learn them at all?
Seems complicated, but the game is just a couple of hours away so we'll see.
>>
>>3463839
>Outside of the usual shitholes being too stupid to get the game, western reception seems pretty good based on the people who actually took their time to play it
I'm enjoying the low reviews. Two of them have so far opened with paragraphs about the author and the third is low effort.
Games that are conducive to multiple playthroughs where the reviewer can get filtered are always a good time. The first NieR and Drakengard games are good examples to look at with NieR also containing the author talking about themselves.
>>
>>3463865
Fair advice before you buy: this is still a SaGa game, so don't go in expecting a normal JRPG, it's a series that is all about being weird and different and past Unlimited Kawazu decided to go balls deep in being as avant-garde as possible.
If you like games like Live-A-Live or things like STING's games, you'll probably enjoy the wackiness and unique gameplay, if you're looking for something more standard, you'll probably hate it.
>>
>>3463872
I don't mind avant-garde, really. But thank you for the warning.
>>
SaGa is pure slop. They've now been primarily phone games for over a decade, and you homos still eat them up.
>>
>>3463884
I'm afraid to know what games you would consider good
>>
>>3463887
Certainly not FF reject phone games, my good goy.
>>
>>3463884
Go back to talking to yourself in your SoA thread, retard.
>>
>>3463891
Sons of Anarachy? I don't watch homosexual power fantasy.
>>
>>3463893
You still think people don't know who you are? Mentally ill subhuman.
>>
>>3463884
God if this is slop then what the fuck is everyone else eating.
>>
>>3463895
I did not expect to met with severe schizophrenia when I entered this thread. Tell me about your boogeyman.
>>
>>3463897
Mobile games are the very definition of vidya slop.
>>
>>3463865
You really should try the demo or just pirate the game to see if it clicks with you before you buy. 50 bucks is a pretty big ask for something you have no clue you're even going to like.
>>
>>3463920
I probably will still try the demo, yes. I'll play it at least for a few hours to see if I want to drop 50$
>>
File: 1691055933591430.png (443 KB, 640x640)
443 KB
443 KB PNG
>>3463763
i thought i read somewhere that the nippon guy with the puppets was the recommended starter character by Kawazu so probably that
>>
>>3463763
Wizard bitch for sure. Mage main always, plus she's recruitable in other scenarios so may as well do her first for NG+ shenanigans
>>
>>3463977
>plus she's recruitable in other scenarios
If you don't get her killed that is
>>
>>3463854
saves carry over and the content is generally 4 hours, probably 20 hours if your trying out all branching paths
>>
>>3463980
>Imagine not reading the dialogue telling you to just watch and not intervene except the final battle. (or when you've recruited the yellow witch).
>>
>>3463985
>Doing whatever your GM tells you to do
Low energy tbdesu
Also can Tsunanori even recruit Ameya since he's stuck with Lita when he gets to Pulchra? I guess NG cycles will change that.
>>
>>3463982
I did know that saves carry. Didn't know that the demo itself could be that long even with taking different paths, though. Thank you
>>
>>3463985
Watcher? That's some cuck shit bro
I WILL insert myself into every fight
>>
>>3463357
>After RS3 they shifted to inhouse remasters
I'm wondering if this was in part due to artepiazza taking on SMRPG.
I guess we'll see when the time comes around, could be bullets or arte, but hopefully they nail it. Frontier 2 is a beautiful game.
>>
>>3463997
>Frontier 2 is a beautiful game
I'm praying that they still have the original resolution artworks for the remaster
But knowing Square they all got thrown in a dumpster in 2002 or some lame shit
It's really fucked up how many games could have had awesome remasters if Square had a little more foresight and storage space.
AI upscaling just ain't the same
>>
>>3463985
i wanted to field test my new tank bro gold admin...
>>
File: 1704272734659162.jpg (41 KB, 360x518)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
https://www.shacknews.com/article/139618/akitoshi-kawazu-and-the-saga-emerald-beyond-team-discuss-the-latest-and-weirdest-square-enix-rpg

>The appearance of various races and adventuring in different worlds has been a tradition since the first SaGa title, and there is also a desire within me to freely enjoy a world where anything is possible.
>Of course, I enjoy the worlds of epic sagas like Romancing SaGa and SaGa Frontier 2 as well. However, if the presence of "Mr. S" somehow generates joy, I don't mind inserting him without any logical reasoning.
>That was my perspective this time around.
>>
File: skies.jpg (765 KB, 1280x1876)
765 KB
765 KB JPG
>>3463891
This is a misfire. I already played through the demo in this thread and concluded it was a bad game not worth anywhere near $50, so I moved on. Its funny you think I am "talking to myself". I wonder if you think I am playing multiple versions of SoA on multiple devices at the same time or something silly like that, or maybe its just projection.
>>
File: 1688779798733208.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>3464032
>so I moved on.
Clearly you haven't since you're here, and insist on infesting multiple threads because you're desperate for attention.
Nobody who's mentally sane does this, SoA is shovelware yet you don't see me or anyone itt haunting your little schizo blog, because we actually don't care and have moved on, unlike you, who are still shitposting about these games every single day on multiple threads in this board.
>>
>>3464036
>you have to just let me accuse you of things and make you a boogieman and if you say anything about it that means its true, haha gotcha
Really?
>you don't see me or anyone itt haunting your little schizo blog
At least one retard had a mental breakdown and went the whole square tard translation concern trolling angle right from the get-go and spent days pushing it, which is the same story for any game thats not square tard approved. Everyone else must actually make herculean efforts to back up their games, and they do. No point in being disengenous.
>>
>>3464032
>>3464036
>>3464040
Holy shit both of you stop fucking posting this happens every thread
Anti-SaGafag, move the fuck along
Bait replyguy, stop replying you moron
Fuck both of you idiots
>>
>>3464032
Greenman has it for 38$ if you stack it with the bonus xp discount.
>>
>>3463763
I'll probably continue with my demo save because otherwise I don't see myself playing Diva, iirc Kawazu said that a single run shouldn't take super long, so it'll hopefully don't burn me out on the game too much
Will do Tsunanori or Siugnas next
>>
>>3453005
I saw the only playable character was a girl and uninstalled the demo.
>>
>>3464070
Reviews are saying that the average playthrough is about 5-10 hours, it's like Frontier in that sense.
Unlike Frontier they all mention how radically different the game is on NG+, as in even if you try to play through in the same way you get completely different events and choices.
>>
>>3464074
Wonder how that works exactly, certain content gated for NG+?
>>
>>3464076
We won't know until we have the game on our hands, Kawazu said he designed the game in a way that makes every playthrough as unique as possible and that our choices in one cycle will end up influencing how the next NG+ cycles plays out, but we know nothing about the details.
Koizumi got his hands on the game early and he says he hasn't seen anything like it, he too mentioned that even if you try to repeat your first playthrough as closely as possible, with the same exact characters and world progression you still get different stuff, and he mentioned that there's probably a pretty complex system working behind the scenes which uses anything from the BR to some sort of event recording and various other hidden parameters that are then used to determine what you're going to get in the next cycle, some amount of RNG might also not be off the table.

It might be similar to how Minstrel Song had NG+ gated content that you can only access by doing certain specific things before a new cycle, but in this game it's not a matter of unlocking new quests or characters, it completely alters the world state, as in some events just don't happen at all and you get completely new continuities, iirc one of the reviewers said that the first time he finished Ameya's campaign there wasn't even a final boss fight, which sounds pretty wild.
>>
>>3464083
Sounds like some typical SaGa cryptic bullshit
I'm in
>>
>>3464083
>iirc one of the reviewers said that the first time he finished Ameya's campaign there wasn't even a final boss fight, which sounds pretty wild.
while going through the pc demo many times, i had noticed that there seems to be many instances where you can go through a quest without fighting, and even in the quests where at least one fight seems to be unavoidable there seems to at least be a route that involves significantly less fighting
i wouldn't be surprised at all if there are specific ways to go through each character's story without fighting a single battle, providing for a proverbial pacifist route option for the kind of people who enjoy roleplaying in that kind of fashion
>>
>>3464098
I don't think there will be anything like a pacifist route, but the game does give you some options that let you avoid fighting depending on your choices, although whether that's good or bad largely depends.
You can complete the Schrodinger cat quest on Delta Base without fighting a single battle if you want, but you also miss on a Concept and a couple of really good weapon drops, it's a legit choice but it's also kinda skewed on the murderhobo side of things, Tsunanori also needs to fight the elemental spirit bosses apparently so I guess there will be always some degree of fighting, but depending on your choices some fights can simply not happen at all.
It also looks like every single world has a specific gimmick to its progression, which no doubt will play a major role in NG+ cycles as well, I really wonder just how deep the rabbit hole gets though, it seems Kawazu created a fully modular progression system rather than making a more complex route system like SSG.
>>
>>3464071
Get a different console
>>
>>3464071
>owns a handheld for girls
>gets mad when the demo for the handheld for girls features the magical girl character
the duality of the self-inserter
>>
>>3464152
The robot is a girl too
>>
>>3464154
the mech is a mech
>>
File: .png (216 KB, 844x601)
216 KB
216 KB PNG
i don't get it
>>
>>3464182
Reviewer was filtered. What's not to get?
>>
>>3464182
Who wrote this?
>>
File: 1699524370646759.webm (2.87 MB, 226x250)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB WEBM
>>3464182
salsa game getting a 90/100 when
>>
File: Capture.png (103 KB, 747x783)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
>>3464186
https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/staff/9966
This guy, who was clearly qualified to review a SaGa game
>>
>>3464188
RPGsite gave it an unironic 9/10
>>
File: 1697249414235509.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>3464190
It's all so tiresome...
>>
https://www.metacritic.com/game/saga-emerald-beyond/

Lots of reviews up
For some reason the Nintendies are ranking it way lower
>>
>>3464186
I'm just reading the poor reviews a little more thoroughly. On the lookout for whole paragraphs about the author or listing the history of the SaGa series and structured like a chatGPT response.
I know outlets like the one this writer performs for just dole out games randomly but I always enjoy a good filtered reviewer struggling to say anything of meaning.
Bonus points if it has a pros/cons list like this one.
>>
>>3464194
I heard the performance on the fisher price tablet was noticeably weaker with some lag in the menus etc.
>>
>>3464194
The performance on Switch was honestly terrible so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>3464199
>>3464201
Makes sense, Switch is getting pretty dated. Nintendo needs to drop that upgraded Switch 2 soon if they want to keep up
>Switch came out 7 years ago
>>
>>3464205
>Makes sense, Switch is getting pretty dated.
>Switch came out 7 years ago
Tegra is extremely long in the tooth at this point 2bh based on Maxwell and consuming less power than their single slot 60W kin...peasant the GTX 750. Scale for TDP and you're looking at a card competing with the GTS 450 of Radeon 5750. Even at 720p that's a brutal power budget to deal with.
I'm still surprised SE managed to get Automata to run on the thing.
>>
File: 1695276970427.png (1.34 MB, 2286x1500)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>3464182
>>3464185
>>
File: totalswitchpiracydeth.jpg (86 KB, 613x768)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
why is steam so late, Valve support local midnight launches
why are you doing this again SE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>3464205
Switch has been dated since forever, the thing could barely run its own first party games, let alone stuff like the Xeno games, the terrible performance is on par with the course.
iirc XB2 dipped as low as 320p in portable mode and could barely mantain a stable 25FPS, this game doesn't have variable resolution either so it's bound to chug even if it's a simple turn based game.
>>
>>3464219
Yeah it's fucking lame
Steam rarely gets midnight releases from my experience
>>
>>3464219
Should be up in around 18 hours from now, it sucks hardcore but that's how it is on this bitch of an earth
>>
>>3464222
>>3464223
Yeah, I shoulda learned from Replicant and EW's relisting that SE was gonna sting me this way. Oh well back to XI and II for the night.
>>
>>3464194
here's a few more: https://opencritic.com/game/16615/saga-emerald-beyond/reviews
>>
>>3464219
Not like that's a surprise, the release time has been up on the steam page for a while
>>
>>3464216
holy based lord kawazu
>>
>>3464216
They should make all the money SaGa made and clone him
>>
It's up
>>
>>3464304
what is up
>>
>>3464310
They're probably in Straya.
>>
Full version is bigger only by 300mb than the demo, I wonder how much stuff really was there
>>
File: Capture.png (213 KB, 233x445)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>3464312
No anon, it's UP
I'd be downloading this if I didn't already buy it on Steam lol
17 more hours to go bros.........
>>
>>3464319
Even it I were pirating it I would just wait for the pc release
I'm not playing this shit at thirty fips
>>
>>3464318
300MB? The demo is 7GB or so on PC but the full game is about 10GB.
Given how this game is made it's not surprising, the demo already has all the mechanics and most assets, all the rest will just be raw code and the assets that weren't included, the filesize was never going to be big.
>>
>>3464319
Does the full Switch version have JP voice over?
>>
>>3463763
I want to play as the lesbian cops first
>>
>>3464326
Nope, PC exclusive for some reason
>>
>>3464326
No, for whatever reason consoles don't let you switch to jap audio, pc does, as well as allow you to use jap text
>>
The good news for the switch version is that you can just disable vsync in ryujinx and run the game at whatever framerate you want
Still no dual audio though
>>
>>3464325
Oh you're right, PC demo alone is 7GB, I wonder if it's because dual audio
>>
>>3464329
>>3464337
I was hoping this was some demo exclusive thing to save space, but that's disappointing
At least I'll get more out of buying the Steam version than pirating the Switch version
>>
Has anyone ran a few lines in the JP version demo through a translator to see how bad the localization is?
>>
File: localization.jpg (359 KB, 1893x846)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>3464411
How the hell does this even happen?
>>
>>3464411
>using fucking google translator as a standard of anything
EOPs are really starting to become ridiculous
>>
>>3464411
It's fine you filthy EOP.
Learn Japanese.
>>
>>3464421
>>3464426
While I agree. There's nothing wrong with someone wanting to see how pozzed or mistranslated something is. Go look at this>>3462043 as something most people want to avoid.
>>
File: localization2.jpg (249 KB, 1126x561)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
Alright this one is fine, I'll calm done for now. I thought this line felt out of place at first and was a self-insert "statement" by a trannylator. The "jokes" do seems to be cringe localization for the most part still.
>>
>>3464420
Man don't make me devils advocate a localization company. This is fine.
The meaning and tone gets across in the way it's meant to get across.

That's the localization in the demo in general. It's fine for the most part.
>>
>>3464432
It's fruity, but not the worst. At least nothing is overly changed.
>>3464434
Seeing the term "glow up" really pulled me out of the experience. I will never give these freaks credit.
>>
>>3464435
where is glow up in this game?
>>
File: its on pc.png (1.22 MB, 2548x807)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB PNG
>>3464121
>>3464152
I don't own a switch. It's on PC idiot.
>>
>>3464437
The plant said it after a battle in the demo.
>>
>>3464431
I do agree that localization has always been an issue, although the myth of pozzed translations being a recent thing is patently untrue, it's not a recent phenomenon at all and has always existed.
What is starting to become really fucking annoying is people who do not know anything about the language and base their criticism on machine TL, this is not honest concern, it's bandwagon hysteria.
Anyone who actually cares about the subject learned the source language ages ago because localizations always, always took liberties, it's a cultural issue and always has been, it's just that this is the latest idpol bullshit SJWs from both "sides" are trying to push, it's annoying as shit and completely destroys any honest discussion about the actual issues by drowning it in the most basic hooligan finger pointing shitshow rather than talking about what's important.
>>
>>3464439
oh, that's because she literally glows though
>>
What time does the game unlock on Steam? I pre-ordered through Green Man Gaming to save $10, so I don't have a countdown or anything. Gotta wait for them to give me my key tomorrow.
>>
>>3464447
Approximately 13 hours from now.
>>
>>3464443
But is she actually saying that in jap? Or is it an attempt to use zoomer/black speak in a japanese game?
>>
>>3464432
There is legitimately nothing wrong with this specific translation.
>>
>>3464452
It's more verbose and fruiter than the japanese intent, but fine enough. Especially compared to other games.
>>
>>3464456
>It's more verbose and fruiter than the japanese intent
Anon kanji are not syllables
>>
>>3464448
Why can't JP devs, no most devs now, in particular be knowledgeable about Steam release times. It seems like they never know until the last minute whether it's a midnight launch, some random time based on JP/EU 00:00, or 9AM PST when the Steam store refreshes for the day.

>>3464452
Even nitpicking, the only problem is it poses something that was sorta a statement into more of a question.
>>
>>3464461
The countdown is right there on the steam page and has been for a while.
>>
>>3464458
Obviously. No need to treat people you disagree with like tards. That doesn't help anyone.
>>
>>3464463
The problem is that it is very likely not more verbose than the original text. Your entire argument relied upon "one character" meaning "one component of a phoneme" when they can be multiple phonemes at once.
So you just went "english box bigger must mean more text"
>>
File: Capture.png (409 KB, 643x886)
409 KB
409 KB PNG
Jesus Christ I feel my IQ dropping the more I read Steam Community posts criticizing the demo
>>
>>3464475
>It feels like it was given to a bunch of young devs with no experience
We have another 5 decades of Kawazu, rejoice!
>>
>>3464475
The steam forums manage to be somehow worse than this place, which is honestly an impressive achievement.
And this is not just for these games, you can read the same kind of vapid nonsense in every single community channel, I swear fucking reddit and twitter have higher IQ average than that.
>>
>>3464475
>reading steam community posts ever
Legitimately the single worst place to actually talk about video games and the bar for that is so low it goes underground
>>
>>3464480
Counterpoint, /vg/
>>
>>3464483
You're right but it's still close
>>
>>3464450
yeah that much i don't know, probably not, but it's probably just a modern instance of the ted woolsey kinda stuff, i can't fault them for using that for a double entendre, you can be mad about it all you want but i find it much more benign and less banal than say eiyuuden using chud unironically
>>
>>3464483
I've seen worse on the playstation forums. Go look at the chimp outs when a game gets a pc announcement.
>>
>>3464458
kanji ARE syllables though?
>>
>>3464487
If Emerald Beyond is Ted Woolsey then Eiyuden Chronicles is Working Designs
>>
>>3464491
have to agree, fuck victor ireland
>>
>>3464491
You're not far off the mark honestly, Vic Ireland would totally write shit like that if he could
>>
>>3464495
i'd love to see these people crying about this game's localization have to play working designs tg16 exile localization when it came out, as they are now, and write their responses to it
unfortunately that would require a time machine but ffs, i swear
>>
>>3464431
I don't give a fuck what EOP's are forced to read desu. It's mindbroken shit for /v/babs.
Learn Japanese if you want to avoid it.
>there's nothing wrong
There is. Learn Japanese.
>>
>>3464447
>>3464447

>>3464219
Adjust for local time I guess. It hits the same time as your store usually updates in the global refresh 'cause squeenix are lazy again.
>>
>>3464475
I've been enjoying these posts for the last few weeks since the demo dropped.
That post is kinda kino tho, just look at the way he ties it all together with that last line. It's about on par with shittubers and shittube comments which is fitting.
>>
Which protag Kawazu said to start with again?
>>
>>3464583
hatless man
>>
I've seen Macha in a screenshot, are there any other cameos in EB?
>>
>>3463985
[spoiler>she wins if you observe battles because she's the one getting experience[/spoiler]
ludo
>>
>>3464689
[spoiler>Kawazu is a god
>>
>>3464607
Mr S is from SaGa 2/FF legends 2. Most monsters and weapons are from previous games.
>>
>>3464689
>>3464716
Did the bot break?
>>
>>3464583
Tsunanori is the beginners' MC of this game
>>3464607
There's various cameos and references in this game
>Sensei from SaGa 2, King Din is also a SaGa 2 reference
>A Nacht Zweiger redesign
>Final Emperor in Grelon
>Seven Branch Sword
>Mandrakes and Sephiras from RS2
>Golden Baums and Sunflowers from RS3
>Lots of SF guns like the Agni
>Avi's Feather Spear
>This game's Minstrel is a mech from Avalon
>Simon is a reference to T260G's Omega Body
And there's probably many more
>>
>>3464852
i don't know if i would say that diva really pairs with the minstrel in concept, in rs1 he's literally elore, in rs2 he's the one telling the story of the whole game, and in rs3 he's just kinda there tagging along if you're so inclined to recruit him
i guess if diva is recruitable by all the other characters then she'd fill the rs3 role of the minstrel, but i don't see her as filling the role of the rs 1 or 2 minstrel, maybe she does, i'll see
>>
File: 1698369635685069.jpg (583 KB, 1080x1350)
583 KB
583 KB JPG
>>3464864
Anon, Diva isn't the minstrel, even though the Retro Pod body is shared with him.
The Minstrel is actually a separate mecha character.
>>
>>3464864
Given the way divinity works in SaGa I just assume he's always Elore and don't worry about any contradictions.
>>
File: Capture.png (27 KB, 1173x445)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
Just a few more hours bros...
>>
>>3464867
oh, interesting, can't wait to potentially find him in 2 hours plus however long it takes to download
>>
>>3464870
yeah honestly i assume that's the case, the minstrel is just elore in all 3 games, he just takes more of a backseat on the elore thing in 2 and 3
>>
>>3464896
>that ESL post
kino
>>
File: 1705141988335882.jpg (867 KB, 1920x1080)
867 KB
867 KB JPG
>>3464896
>Japan is loving the game
>Everyone from V-tumors to people like Sugita and Nakamura partying up and having a good time
>Westoids are bitching about muh graphics and how the game is too weird
What an absolute shitshow, not enough gay bear sex and ebin MCU bullshit in 4K I guess
>>
>>3464896
SaGa doing its daily filters I see
>>
>>3464932
Too many fake gamers raised on movie games, they cannot comprehend a game that prioritizes gameplay above all else
Fuck em, let them be filtered
Real niggas know SaGa Emerald Beyond is peak JRPG
>>
File: battle.png (135 KB, 650x649)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
So, now that the game is upon us, has Scarlet Grace's combat, the best turn-based system in the genre, finally been surpassed?

Has anyone tracked the battle designers for Scarlet Grace and see what other game's they've made? I need to know who is responsible for making it.
>>
>>3464939
lrn2mobygames like the Kawazu hater in the XII thread.
>>
File: battle_planner.png (111 KB, 793x555)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>3464941
Hmmm, I really like this guy. I think he knows his combat systems.
>>
>>3464939
This game is better than SSG in any facet of the combat, unless you really like Benisons, healing spells and shields because there's none of that in EB
And well, the weapon types are quite different, there's no maces, bows or staves either
>>
>>3464939
From what I've played I very much prefer Emerald Beyond's combat
I've always been in love with Frontier's combo system, so having a battle system built around comboing is a dream for me. It's really nice to be able to see it all laid out on the timeline.
Plus, having different races is a much needed return to form for the series IMO. It's very obviously borrowing a lot from previous games and a bunch from SaGa Frontier, which is exactly what I want out of a new SaGa title. The humans only fantasy setting was getting old for me. Batshit insane nonsense SaGa is best SaGa.
>>
>>3464945
God damn, what a resume.
>>
>>3464945
Main battle designer/director for EB is Tomokazu Shibata, if you're interested.
I think he did a very good job in upgrading the system, he really got what made SSG tick and built upon that.
>>
File: resume.png (117 KB, 1018x643)
117 KB
117 KB PNG
>>3464951
>Tomokazu Shibata
Dang, SSG's system is so good even someone with no previous turn-based experience could fuck it up.
>>
>>3464939
i still love scarlet grace's united attack system because you could chain united attacks if you were good and lucky and just absolutely steamroll through fights if you had the techs to do it, but emerald beyond does seem largely better, even if it misses that runaway snowball avalanche factor of scargra's united attacks system
>>
>>3464952
is front mission 5 really not turn based? never played it so idk, but it was historically a turn based strategy jrpg series
>>
Anyone who bought from GMG already got their key?
>>
>>3464959
I went humble bundle because double discount and got my key a few days ago, so SE def sent out keys early. Which is rare for HB which is usually short on keys.
>>
>>3464959
Nope. They're taking their sweet fucking time with this one.
Though I choose to blame Square
>>
>>3464959
Damn and I thought steambros were getting cucked by the release time
GMG niggas don't even have keys kek
>>
File: 1707307936676114.gif (903 KB, 268x200)
903 KB
903 KB GIF
10 MINUTES
>>
it's a shame how this runs on the switch though, i hope they can figure out something for that
>>
>>3464961
if i dont get my key in 5 minutes im going to kill galahad again
>>
File: 1711805481759590.jpg (279 KB, 2048x1152)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>3464976
>>
>>3464975
Switch just needs to be replaced with Switch 2 already
>>
You can install now
>>
>>3464970
INSTALLING NOW
LETS GO BOYS
>>
Damn they really got the keys out on the second the game game out
>>
File: 1706691011169748.gif (462 KB, 240x171)
462 KB
462 KB GIF
HERE WE FUCKING GO
>>
File: key.png (85 KB, 986x267)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
Just got my GMG key.
>>
Keybros. Its TIME
>>
>>3464976
galaCHAD
>>
It's happening.
>>
LET'S GO!
I'll try to beeline through the rest of Diva's story to see what kind of NG+ features you get (hoping for combat speed up at least) and start a run with Tsunanori or Siugnas where I visit as many worlds as possible
>>
Happy SaGa day to my fellow poorfags
1fichier /?8zqoxk5pn7093q2i3h8h
>>
>>3465029
Thanks for the dolphin porn anon
>>
Got two questions if anybody has sperged harder than me and knows the answers.

How do you glimmer dual wield techs or get roles related to it? I have Formina with two pistols but its just gimping her with no result so far. Been a while, too.

Also why do my chains sometimes start combos and sometimes not? Is it because the enemy is too close?
>>
>>3465059
I don't know the former but the latter is because chains don't inherently occupy field space.

In other words. You only get a combo if you're chaining to a person using an ability that extends an extra space over.
>>
>>3465063
I didn't catch that, thank you
>>
This fucking game man
>>
So is it good
Because it sure doesnt look it
>>
>>3465123
If you like Saga, you'll like this game
If you don't, sucks to be you
>>
File: 1707412960730244.jpg (464 KB, 1920x1080)
464 KB
464 KB JPG
Guess who's fucking back
>>3465123
You clearly aren't interested in what this game has to offer, it's pointless for you to post in here
>>
Cosmic Rave...
Kino...
>>
File: 1704169910703034.jpg (59 KB, 200x200)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>Go to Capital City
>Plot is about aliens trying to mess up with the presidential elections
>>
>>3465162
Post it please
>>
>>3465128
Does he still give Seven?
>>
Is it possible to use Bonnie as your overworld character?
>>
>>3465195
Getting me more and more interested in the game, Anon.
Only played the demo for a bit more than 3 hours, and honestly I quite like it even though I've never played a SaGa game before. Might just go ahead and pay full price.
>>
>>3465204
Nope, got nothing out of them
>>3465205
Seems like Bonnie and Formina switch as leads depending on your choices.
>>
File: 1683089196661741.jpg (289 KB, 1920x1080)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
Scarecrow is too fucking funny, he's a human too, somehow.
>>
does that fucking squirrel from tsuno's first world have evasion against range does two of my dumbass robots missed 4 attacks that could have killed it
>>
>>3465201
https://files.catbox.moe/o9f2fw.mp4 forgive the dolphin porn link, I can't into video compression
>>
>>3464083
>>3464083
>Ameya's campaign there wasn't even a final boss fight, which sounds pretty wild.
Can confirm. Cleared it in 4 hours and only went to two other worlds. The game playthrough finishes when she collects enough mana and graduates.

I might give her another shot though because Delta Base is skippable by immediately going for the cat so maybe her campaign is based around skipping quests?
>>
>>3465301
Samefag. I did a NG+ with Ameya and I got 4 branching worlds to go through immediately after the starting area. So things got crazy different on a new playthrough
>>
>>3465296
So a garment of the Omega does make a return?
>>
>>3465360
So the first playthrough is just a prologue of the mc can do?
>>
The game is so dense. I almost feel lost in all the mechanics.
>>
>>3465373
Her story is apparently the same but the world's she can visit gets changed each playthrough.
>>
so why does this look like a unity asset flip?
aside from the fact it is?
>>
>>3465450
Looked fine in the demo. I'm waiting for the greenman golden week sale to start before picking it up. What platform are you playing on?
>>
>>3465453
pc
still looks like shit
>>
imagine playing a unity asset flip fucking mobile game ass looking trash pile
>>
>>3465457
Don't know what to tell you. You might just not like the look. It looked fine on my end. Just obviously very budgeted.
>>
>>3465461
Imagine being so obsessed you have to samefag and shitpost in two different threads on two different boards
>>
>>3465462
>>3465463
you fanboys are the worst as they come
no wonder jrpgs wont ever be good again
>>
>>3465464
Not a fanboy, but I liked what I saw and played in the demo. If I like the full game I'll give the old ones a go.
>>
>>3465469
congrats you have trash tastes since graphics looks like a postmodern artwork where multiple trannies got put into a woodchipper and spewn all over a wall
>>
>>3465464
Yes, people enjoying a good jrpg is the reason jrpgs are bad.
>>
>>3465464
Don't pretend you care nigger, you're literally seething on multiple boards because people are enjoying a game you're too stupid to play, you're pathetic
>>
>>3465473
chrono trigger and final fantasy x was king and this game deviates from what made jrpgs great again
you trannies need to kill yourselves. now
>>
>>3465477
lmao
>>
>>3465477
Dude for one you have the most garbage normie taste around, and two Final fantasy X is babies first rpg. I hope you're joking.
>>
>>3465464
This you? >>>/vmg/1456566
>>
File: 1665434681118165.png (53 KB, 300x271)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>3465477
>we wuz kangz
>>
>>3465483
Yeah, he's probably Chang, same exact shitposts too, he's been legitimately losing his mind lately and flooding the /vmg/ thread with his mental illness
>>
Just ignore him. This guy seems legitimately mentally ill.
>>
>fanboys triggered by truth
lmao
enjoy your low effort unity asset flip slop when everyone in steam forums and everywhere else are making fun of you retards
>>
>>3465493
And why would anyone care about that cesspit?
Lemme guess, you're one of the retards who got BTFO in there and you're here for "revenge"
>>
>>3465495
>she thinks public opinions and truth are cesspit
just like how she thinks showers are cesspits
SAD!
>>
File: 1624824839350.jpg (17 KB, 400x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>only bitching about graphics and ui
>no one dares attack the actual gameplay
SaGachads win again
>>
>>3465496
>Steam forums
>Public opinion, let alone truth
>>
File: mister fagician.jpg (306 KB, 1912x842)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>3465450
Is this you?
>>
>>3465497
>>3465501
>hurrr i like garbage unity asset flip graphics
>durrr i love mobile game ass looking menus
>hurr durrr this game is PeAK LmAO im so qUIrKYYYY and cHaD
stfu retards
>>
>Seething
>>
File: mister fagician2.jpg (205 KB, 1920x842)
205 KB
205 KB JPG
>>3465450
>>3465504
>>
holy shit there's an evil mr s enemy that can waltz in on battles, reinforcing the enemies
>>
>>3465507
I will dance on your grave, Chang, no matter how hard you keep shitposting on multiple boards
>>
>>3465514
dance insane retard
dance all you can but you wont be able to run away from the fact this garbage pile is just another low effort asset flip from shit enix
>>
nigger, the last SaGa game was exactly the same in terms of shitty graphics and lack of story/plot focus, what mental illness causes you to seek out a thread for a franchise that's clearly not for you and bitch about it?
>>
>>3465516
you're just a poor asset flip of mystery meat DNA
>>
List of things people use the steam forums for in 2024:
>My game just crashed and I'll check and see if anyone else is having a CTD issue
>When does the game launch, price, unlock
>maybe there's a mod post anchor or FAQ
And nothing else. They've been dead since around 2013, that's over a decade of being a walking corpse full of triggered retards and thirdies.
A message so bad that even gamefaqs managed to loop around and be better than it again.
>>
>>3465526
He's mentally ill, he's been shitposting on /vmg/ for years about how the gacha is gonna EOS any time soon (just two more weeks!) and he's now in a total meltdown mode since a couple of days.
If you people don't report him he'll keep doing it forever, this is not a normal person, and not a standard retard, report him until he gets banned, and if you see him again report him some more.
>>
>>3465543
>report abuse for me plz
how sad the fanboys become
almost like redditor but too bad you cant silence me and the truth
>>
Kinda weird that it feels like the witch's campaign ended prematurely, I wonder how many NG+ cycles it's going to take for the true final boss, they were hinting at it with all that talk about preparing for the calamity
>>
>>3465497
The artstyle grew on me after playing the demo, it gets the job done
>>
>>3465483
I don't know whats more retarded here, the whole back and forth between you and imaginary foes this whole thread, or admitting you browse /vmg/ after throwing a tantrum over people calling this a phone game at the beginning of the thread.
>>
Ok guess I'm a retard, are there requirements for counterattacks? Mine arent coming out
>>
>>3465629
If the attack isn't direct they won't trigger
>>
>>3465543
>literal gacha player
This explains a lot about these threads desu
Go to /vg/ next time
>>
>>3465633
Your repeated ad-hominem achieve absolutely nothing other than showing how obsessed you are
>>
>>3465641
It's just generic "graphics and dialogue bad". I don't think there's much to say about it, yeah it could be better but it's not what's important and the in-combat animations are actually really well done.
As for the story, reminds me a lot of SaGa Frontier so I think there's probably more going on than what might seem appearant at first glance not that people like that are even going to entertain that idea
>>
Has anyone figured out how you gain new spells yet?
>>
>>3465679
Ameya has just been learning them after battles.
>>
>>3465630
even if the attack is direct it still might not trigger, counters aren't 100% activation rate, it's a gamble, high risk high reward moves
>>
Cordyceps has been pure cancer to go through, holy shit.
At least I got some mats out of that.
>>
>>3465724
i liked it, but i know what you mean, and you're gonna hate what i'm about to say, but: that's exactly how cordyceps is supposed to make you feel
>>
>>3465739
I don't dislike the idea behind it, but it there's way too many fights, it's a repeat of the vita version of Marchiam Normi.
Also Tope is way cooler than his son.
>>
>>3465679
You gain new spells after battle from the element(s) the caster has. Pretty rng.
>>
Crossposting from the /v/ thread:
From the little I've seen, Emerald Beyond looks similar to Scarlet Grace in terms of gameplay. What sort of new things have they added/changed with this entry?
>>
What are the Android system requirements for this? The Play Store says that my device is not compatible, but it also said that for me when I tried to download Scarlet Grace, and I can run Scarlet Grace just fine on it after sideloading. I might try the same thing with Emerald Beyond once someone cracks the Android version.
>>
>>3465750
i was hoping to recruit tope but i guess its either not possible or i screwed up somewhere
>>
>>3465763
There's a lot of new shit, six playable races, more conditionals, different weapon types, combos, overdrive...
The amount of mechanics in this game is way higher than SSG.
>>3465772
He doesn't appear to be recruitable, Gourmand was teased as a party member but not Tope, and I'm pretty sure they did show all of the possible party members.
>>
>>3465763
united attacks aren't from timeline bumps anymore, instead now they're from combo squares on the timeline that may or may not be active depending on the given tech and the circumstances, also there's overdrives, also showstoppers, also chains/followups and pursuits, also mechs are in now, and "monsters", and ephemerals, and vampires and their thralls
>>
>>3465773
>The amount of mechanics in this game is way higher than SSG.
>>3465774
Oh, I hope I don't get too overwhelmed by all the new mechanics when I get the chance to play the game. Thanks for the info, have fun with the game!
>>
Im gonna buy this TONIGHT
>>
>>3465773
Do you know how you get Gourmand then? Not that I particularly care that much for Monster party members, but I just finished the world by destroying some Lord of the Earth (that actually was a whale), their settlement survived, but I didn't get either of them
>>
File: 1712108988676900.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
>>3465782
Odd, I did the same exact thing and yet Tope and his wife gave me Gourmand to babysit.
I suppose some conditions are tied to the amount of worms you give her? I found lots of them while digging around and always got back to her to give every worm I got, so maybe that's one of the recruitment conditions.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (56).jpg (240 KB, 2000x1089)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>3465370
Yes. Hoping this guy or his weapon show up.
>>
>>3465784
>all 0s
Oh my.
>>
I came on this thread to make fun of jarpiggies trying to shill for a game that makes PS2 graphics look good, but you sagafags squealing over gacha and schizoshit already done my job for me.

How embarassing.
>>
>>3465782
your lord of the earth was a whale? mine was a flower, also i didn't get tope's inferior child either, they all stayed together and i saved the kuld colony
>>
>>3465791
see >>3465497
>>
>>3465791
If you don't like or have interests in jrgps then why are you here?
>>
>>3465805
See >>3464433

It's fun to make fun of you anime neckbeards.
>>
Don't bite the bait.
>>
>>3465812
Oh, they will.

You jarpiggies squeal like no tomorrow when given a nice slap. Just like how you love it, you masochistic pedophile. I'll make you bend alright, sweetie.
>>
>>3465814
This post got me curious, which board would be the proper place for gay rape fantasies?
>>
The huanglong fight in Miyako is absolutely destroying me
>>
>>3465842
Destroying you like I'm going to destroy your tight little asshole jarpiggy.
>>
>>3465849
Based. Another comrade in jarpiggy humiliation.
>>
>>3465543
/vrpg/ doesn't have anything even remotely close to moderation. What would reporting him achieve?
>>
>>3465862
Or the mods love jarpiggies being humiliated because it benefits actual games like WRPGs.
Get bent, this is how the real world works.
>>
>>3465863
What's your favorite WRPG?
>>
>>3465864
Baldur's Gate. Whose 3rd game humiliated Square Enix for their nonsense "turn based dead please buy our action waaaaaa".

Anything you jarpiggies do is humiliation round after another.
>>
>>3465867
Okay, see you in the Baldur's Gate thread.
>>
>>3465867
more like baldur's gay
>>
File: file.png (2.06 MB, 1920x735)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB PNG
well?
>>
>>3465862
The avatarfaggot got banned the other before ban evading, he even threw a shitfit in here, why do you think they're so riled up on release day?
They're doing this on three different boards, as long as you're letting them get away with it and shrug by thinking that jannies aren't going to do anything you're enforcing both the shitposters and a faulty system.
>>
>>3465872
Which protag is the "beginner" option and which is the "veteran" option? Or have they done away with that tradition?
>>
i love this game, thank you based kawazu
>>
>>3465869
No thanks, humiliation round is still going. More humiliation for you jarpiggies.

>>3465870
Still humiliated by a gay troonified game despite crying about how turn based was dead? Wow, shocker. It shows how low you jarpigs have fallen.
>>
>>3465873
we shouldn't have to rely on the jannies to nanny over things we don't like, but we also shouldn't take obvious baits, but so it goes
>>
>>3465875
beginner option is hatless man
veteran option is probably hat man
I don't know I only did buddy cop bitches
>>
>>3465875
Tsunanori is the beginner's MC, Bonnie and Formina are the Lute/Barbara, as for the rest we can't really say.
Ameya's weird at least, people have finished a run super fast without even fighting a final boss, I'm reaching the end of a Diva run, I guess, and it's pretty standard SaGa fare.
>>
File: ART (2).jpg (564 KB, 2000x2822)
564 KB
564 KB JPG
Does Nuke show up?
>>
>>3465880
>>3465881
thanks, good info to know
it's kind of weird that i can guess that Siugnas is the "veteran" just by looking at their design
>>
>>3465884
I guessed based on his race being new to the series. I have no idea how he plays.
>>
>>3465881
>Tsunanori is the beginner's MC
Is that why everything has been so on-rails so far? I'm not liking it as much as I did SG. There was always some crazy event happening in that game.
>>
>>3465902
I don't know what you mean by that honestly because my experience has been anything but that.
Regardless, this game's progression is completely different from SSG, it's strictly route based with every world having multiple subroutes and specific gimmicks, together with the usual stuff that varies according to who you're playing as.
People who're in their NG+ are already saying the progression is also very different from their first run, which is another thing this game has over SSG, every NG+ alters progression significantly at a basic level, it's not merely choosing different routes, some routes you might have chosen in your previous cycle will be completely different or even not be there at all.
>>
>>3465907
So it's like a Diablo 1 system with a story having a set of quests and the game randomly picks from the pool?
>>
>>3465953
Not really, the game doesn't pick at random, I've reloaded some saves a couple of times to check and progression clearly follows a scripted logic system, the game doesn't just seed a new set of worlds for you to explore after you're done with a world, it has a set selection which varies depending on "something", it's not like Diablo where the game seeds quests and boss floors randomly.
Same thing for the actual in-world content, everything clearly follows a set of internal parameters, though what these parameters actually are is anyone's guess right now.
I do think I've figured out a couple of place like Grelon by now, Crow Realm seemed fairly straightforward too but in my run I chose to investigate Pandora and got Sarab and Scarecrow, but not the Professor.
Capitol City had a lot of event routes which I really couldn't figure out at all, and I got no characters from that world even though I meet Lita, Bonnie&Formina and the singer girl, I probably ended up in a weird route.
>>
What's up with Ameya's route? Is there an ending in which you face what all the witches train for through their witchterms?
>>
I'm liking the game so far. I think the difficulty is kinda weird though. like I'm fighting a boss and mopping the floor with him, then he stuns my entire party and I lose 2 turns while he kills my party members. but then my last guy standing does showstopper and solos rest of the boss' remaining health. although that was all due to getting my turn before boss could do showstopper so i guess it's balanced? either way the combat is fun.
>>
File: 20240426091148_1.jpg (431 KB, 1920x1080)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
Difference between techs with white background/blue icon and blue icon white background?
>>
>>3466034
i think it's to differentiate between weapon types and weapons. one of those sword icons is "1h melee" and one is "1h swords" more specifically. there's cross weapon type techs.
>>
>>3466037
Oh I see, thanks
Does weapon power affect mech tech power ?
>>
So far I like the game, but I'm not looking forward to having some worlds like Cordyceps being mandatory for every playthrough of a character, not sure if NG+ changes some of that though of course, but that world was a real lowlight
>>
File: 20240426030315_1.jpg (585 KB, 2560x1440)
585 KB
585 KB JPG
Is magic not supernatural?
>>
>try to complete the victory with 2bp or more only skills trial
>spam quad missile on two fights
>doesnt complete
am i missing something or is it bugged
>>
>My physical copy doesn't come until the 30th
Fuck me.
Anyway I heard 'gaming' journalist saying is a linear Game which is weird because the demo wasn't.
Maybe my vision of what is linear or not is different
>>
>>3465876
I love it too. Thank you, Based Kawazu.
>>
>>3466113
They have no idea how much things can change because they don't realize you are even making choices in this game.
>>
Does anyone know what the maximum level a tech can reach is?
>>
>>3466034
white background is general techs that are common to all weapons of that type (one handed melee, two handed melee, etc), blue background are techs exclusive to that specific weapon type, such as gravedigger being a katana tech
>>
>>3466094
either someone used a 1 bp cost tech (probably from an overdrive or a showstopper or a glimmer) or something happened that made your quad missile cost 1 bp for a turn
>>
>>3466224
depends on the tech, when they reach the max rank they get a little crown over their rank number icon
>>
File: EhzvHP-U0AAM2Sw.jpg (253 KB, 1024x1024)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>3466229
it was probably that, i wasn't paying much attention to those, i will try it next time without doing any combos, also
>beat bootleg omegabody t260g 4 times in a row
>as a reward the moles force me to adopt their kid
fuck me lads
>>
Who is the coolest character?
And why is it Scarecrow
>>
>>3466262
If I hover over that spoiler and it says "and why is it ____" I'm sending you to a work camp
>>
>>3466263
kek you got me
>>
>>3466264
That's a paddlin
Anyways I'm finally done with Eiyuden, did anybody figure out how you learn the dual wield techs?
>>
Is glimmering rare or something? The puppet guy didn't get a single tech for me during the witch's story
>>
File: 1695072652513145.jpg (171 KB, 666x936)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>3466053
Cordyceps is pretty cancerous if the default is digging around with Tope all day and getting into a gorillion fights, to be fair you can let the big bad destroy everything to speed up things if you want but I'm curious how the story changes on that one.
>>3466262
Scarecrow is funny as fuck, but I'm loving Simon right now, he's a super tough nigga and has a lot of cool animations.
Scarecrow's faces changing depending on the state are too funny though.
>>3466268
Glimmer is generally gated to Hard>Brutal content, it's pretty rare to learn something on Easy>Normal, also as your BR will increase so will your glimmer rate, later on in the game it will become very easy to learn new stuff.
>>
File: 20240425135212_1.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1080)
567 KB
567 KB JPG
How long is Diva's campaign? I carried over my save from the demo so i'm pretty committed to this character at this point.
>>
Can you still glimmer or gain new techs if you've got 8 techs equipped?
>>
>>3466280
I'm at 10 hours or so and it seems I'm at the penultimate step, but I went through cordyceps and that ate a lot of time.
>>3466282
Yeah, the new tech will also be temporarily available in an extra slot for the rest of the fight, but it will unequipped automatically after that.
>>
>>3466280
I just finished it and it took me about 14 hours, 4 or so were on the demo
You can probably be faster/slower depending on how often you go into the trading section, I did it a lot because I assume it's progression relevant for all playthroughs
>>
>>3466285
Awesome, thank you!
>>
>>3466287
>I did it a lot because I assume it's progression relevant for all playthroughs
i hope so because I stress out about moments where I feel like dont want to trade. It'd be easier if I could grind that out over multiple characters.
>>3466285
>cordyceps
I've seen this word a couple times now in discussions for this game but i havent seen it yet. Any big pitfalls to watch out for?
>>
>>3466290
Trading rank and Mr. S rank can be carried over
And Cordyceps is mentioned a lot because it's very tedious, you'll see once you get there. Seems mandatory in your first Diva run
>>
>>3466261
the easiest way is to just remove all 1bp techs from your lists (where applicable), glimmers of 1bp techs can still ruin it, but so too can things like say, using the formation that reduces bp costs after combos
>>
>>3466293
cordyceps was a blue door for my diva
>>
File: 20240425163600_1.jpg (518 KB, 1920x1080)
518 KB
518 KB JPG
I feel like I totally botched this world in this first run. I'm sure it's not a big deal but i wonder if I'll have to replay Diva to try again or if I'll be able to return to this world world with other characters and have the same event?
>>
>>3466290
The thing with Cordyceps is that you have to dig around with Tope, the entire world is underground and you have to constantly create new paths by hugging walls and finding soft ground to dig through.
As you dig tunnels you either get key items that can be traded, like worms or stones, or fights, very long fights.
To that you add the questline itself which is pretty long and has a lot of fights too, so it takes a while to get through it.
>>3466293
Cordyceps was a blue door for me during Diva's run.
>>
>>3466295
>>3466304
I had no choice but to visit all blue doors eventually, before I could go through the final green one
>>
File: emerald11.png (1.2 MB, 1266x703)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB PNG
>>
>>3466323
kek
>>
Wait, what's the "Quell" status mean when it's labelled on an attack?

I know enemies can go into "interrupts" that will activate if you use (a specific type of) an attack? So when you use an attack with a "Quell" status first, it will "disable" that enemy's interrupt stance for the turn? Is that how it works?
>>
>>3466350
Basipally but you still have to infer if that ??? conditional is going to be something that counters melee or ranged.
>>
Is the "tips" section in the glossary (from Scarlet Grace) that gave you hints on enemy type weaknesses gone in this one?
>>
>>3466350
Quell disables conditionals on hit.
See the enemies with a ??? on their icon? They're using conditionals, Quell completely cancels them on hit.
However, remember certain conditionals such as interrupts will be triggered by Blunt/Pierce/Slash properties so if your Quell has one of those properties and the Interrupt works against them, you'll eat shit for even trying.
This makes mechs and spellcasters the best at Quelling because they have access to elemental Quells that completely bypass Interrupts.
>>
File: 20240426080126_1.jpg (122 KB, 709x805)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
heh
>>
File: 20240426083124_1.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
Insane sidequest.
>>
File: 20240426083415_1.jpg (321 KB, 1920x1080)
321 KB
321 KB JPG
my god there's even a 3d model
I genuinely wasnt expecting that
>>
>>3466403
Heckin' cripes, that's a humdinger!
>>
Anyone done Siugnas campaign yet?
>>
>>3466403
It's a common world boss type like the horses, you'll see it in other quests like in Delta Base or Pulchra if you're playing as Tsuna
>>
>>3466350
>So when you use an attack with a "Quell" status first, it will "disable" that enemy's interrupt stance for the turn?
assuming that said attack doesn't trigger the enemy's conditional that you're trying to quell, especially if its an interrupt, then yes
which is why mighty inch is often very powerful
>>
Goddamn, Diva's last boss is tough
Those Haniwas are fucking me up
>>
Where did Dolores get the band to back up her dirt nap song?
>>
>armor relic has “Shock Sword” listed below it
>equip to robot
>Frigid Veil
Am i retarded?
>>
>>3466537
Shock Sword is the base ability for when the relic doesn't have a monster ability absorbed
So if you unleash the monster ability on that relic you'll be able to use Shock Sword until you absorb another monster ability.
>>
>>3466540
Aaah, alright. Thanks bro. A shame there doesnt seem to be an easy to immediately tell what skill is absorbed.
>>
>>3466545
I think if you equip the relic you'll see the absorbed monster ability in your ability list
>>
File: Screenshot (26).png (2.43 MB, 1920x1080)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB PNG
>get dolores in ameya's story
>her campaign just ends after i killed the demon niggers
>>
ok, apparently there's a shenlong fist inbetween raksha and guanyin
>>
>>3466676
Dolores' song was too good. I think they just made whatever they thought was funny or interesting on any given day. They literally rolled out of bed and put in whatever made them laugh.
>>
Goddamn I just had to accidentally bump into the strongest version of the final boss right in my first run, I did it at least.
>>
I know that everyone's busy playing EB but this is the probably the only place that I can ask.
Is there any meaningful advantage in playing the HD version of the Alliance Alive over the 3DS one? Heard some good things about the game and want to play a SaGa-lite.
>>
>>3466797
Not really. It looks better in HD but the shading lines I think were arguably better on the 3DS

The UI is much better but it was already very good so that's no big deal. I purchased it twice but there's no real reason to.
>>
>>3466797
>I know that everyone's busy playing EB
lmao
>>
>>3466797
HD version is rebalanced so you're not losing massive chunks of HP every time the enemy sneezes on you, and I think HP and SP increases are more consistent.
>>
Hmmm, so Tsunanori's Delta Base has completely different content from Diva's, interesting, there's no Schrodinger cats and the seven branch sword is broken.
>>
>>3466850
I had Schrodinger's cats, but I don't know what you're talking about with the sword. Mine was intact.
>>
File: 1696979860139353.jpg (385 KB, 1920x1080)
385 KB
385 KB JPG
>>3466855
Lmao, guess this is Kawazu's NG+ shenanigans at play then.
The Schrodinger's cats have been replaced by a quest where you can fight jihadist Alraune that self destruct and LP kill one of your party members, while the Yellow Division has broken the Seven Branch Sword and I could choose to reassemble it for them, will see what happens with the Red Division as soon as I'm done with the test of strength, which is also different from Diva's.
>>
File: 20240426170318_1.jpg (440 KB, 1920x1080)
440 KB
440 KB JPG
I fucking hate spiders.
>>
Is the campaign with the crime-fighting duo "hard"? Unironically, they caught my interest in the trailers because I like unusual protagonists so i was gonna play them after my first playthrough with Diva is done.
>>
File: scarecrombo.webm (3.87 MB, 960x540)
3.87 MB
3.87 MB WEBM
Scarecrow my beloved
>>
>>3466950
From what I've heard it's the most "open" scenario
>>
blathe really just has the knack, not only does she learn shenlong firefist first, but no one else has learned k.o. throw yet, and NOW she goes and learns triple dragon first
probably helps that she's an elder monk, man that -1 bp to martial arts from that role is nice, i have to admit, despite to drawback of not having access to custom techs
>>
>>3466956
Sheeeit I've been rolling with marital arts Blathe too, the plant gimmick is pretty cool. I haven't gotten any of those yet though. Best I have is Flash Flood and Thunder Kick
Do you have a secondary weapon equipped by chance? Does having 2 empty slots do even anything for melee?
>>
So what's the difference between "continue" and "play using other data"? They both just load up right before the credits.
>>
>>3466971
I believe continue just loads the latest save file
Play using other data you can load other save files
>>
What recruits have you guys seen in the various worlds? In bonnie and formins run all Ive gotten adter the beginning is a grasshopper dude. Thought Id get Ivar or Azure but no dice
>>
File: 20240426183442_1.jpg (415 KB, 1920x1080)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>3466976
Ah ok, makes sense.

Also, holy shit, it's Macha. So is EB somehow related to SG then?
>>
File: 1709194774198715.webm (3.81 MB, 1400x786)
3.81 MB
3.81 MB WEBM
>>3466956
Problem with BlĂ th is that she's an ephemeral, no custom techs means she's not as versatile as humans, some of her ephemeral techs are admittedly pretty good though.
>>3466978
Sarab
Gourmand
Simon
BX10-EX
Tsunanori
Wilma
Dolores
Scarecrow
Admin Gold
>>
>>3466849
It is? I haven't seen anything saying that online.
>>
>>3466855
Man, I didn't even see a sword when I was at delta base. At some point, it wouldn't let me do any of the blue quests anymore and forced me to do the story quest at delta base
>>
>>3466950
Apparently they're the Lute. I started with them and haven't really run into any trouble aside from a couple of boss fights that took me a few tries. It's mostly just a series of little self-contained stories about finding shiny triangles.
>>
>>3464026
I think Mr. S is great improvement over how "Missions" worked in SG. At times, clearing missions felt antithetical to actual winning the fight and that's even if you have the ability to even do the requested objective in your active retinue.
Mr S' missions in EB so far also seem like a good way to teach players the game mechanics. So his inclusion is just a Win-Win for Emerald Beyond.
>>
File: 20240426223316_1.jpg (328 KB, 1920x1080)
328 KB
328 KB JPG
Anyone making use of Pedro, the “parrot” in the sea scenario, skills? I got GET BENT, CHUMP which is just a slightly stronger Rush with 25% Mech Stun chance as opposed to 50% and anti air, and LETS GET DANGEROUS which is a 3 BP anti-air quell with 48 power that scales with INT. Not sure if the anti-air remains relevant enough and i dont really know what skill would be a decent one to dump, but the combos end up with amusing names and whatever i replace was probably going to get replaced later anyway. I’ll think it over tomorrow.
>>
>>3466784
Which character, how do you even know how many versions there are?
>>
>>3467001
Diva
>how do you even know how many versions there are?
Because I got the cheevo for defeating the ultimate foe
>>
>>3467002
Ah, I got that as well, but figured that's just the 'you beat the final boss' achhievement, at least I wouldn't be surprised if there's some harder version available through NG+
>>
>>3466961
i generally run both barehanded to avoid glimmering techs for whatever weapon is in the slot...unless i'm after glimmering whatever weapon is in the slot on the side, but with martial arts your slots available for putting whatever in while still keeping at least one open get pretty slim pretty fast imo, dolores and willma both learned shenlong firefist in the same fight immediately after boudica learned it, and willma even learned the custom version, fulong firefist
still waiting on guanyin
>>
>>3467019
You don't need an open slot in this game to still glimmer techs
>>
>>3467026
Old SaGa habits die hard I guess lmao, I was keeping an open slot as well
>>
Should I always carry over when picking other characters?
>>
>>3467026
i haven't found that to be the case at all, i have never glimmered a tech while the character's limited tech list is filled, makes me kinda miss minstrel song remaster's letting you have ALL the techs to sift down through, but at the same time i get it, it forces me to strategize what i actually take into fights rather than just having everything available to use whenever
>>
>>3467036
If you don't believe me, just keep one character's list full, it's not a factor in this game
>>
Question about LoLo. Does his Unleash tech makes him lose whatever tech of the monster he absorbed previously?
>>
>>3467059
Yes, Unleash frees up a relic slot so that you can absorb something else in it, this is true for all monsters/relic bearers
>>
Still not too sure how tutoring works, does the lil guy actually improve what he is training or does he just give a license?
>>
>>3467085
Yes to both, Mr. S can train up a stat while issuing a loisense
Then people with a loisense can train other party members based off of their own stats
>>
Can Siugnas learn custom techs like a human?
Also has anyone gotten dual wield or Sword+Gun techs yet?
>>
>>3467099
I've had 2 guns on Dolores since I got her and no dual wielding techs whatsoever
>>
File: 20240425194114_1.jpg (240 KB, 1600x900)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
Just finished my first campaign as Mido. Honestly still have no idea about the custom techs, didn't bother looking at the tips just went with the flow.
I can see this being one of my favorite SaGa games. My ONLY gripe is how slow the menus are. Not as snappy as Scarlet Grace's.
I think I might go for Diva next.
>>
>>3467110
>My ONLY gripe is how slow the menus are
Rotating those puzzles pieces is painfully slow.
>>
>>3467110
>>3467114
I'm annoyed that there's seemingly no speed up functions at all after your first playthrough, Scarlet Grace gave you increased map movement and combat speed up
I also wish you could skip cutscenes
>>
>just finished Ameya's story
The hell is this? It just kinda ended just like that?
>>
>>3467145
It wouldn't be like Frontier if it didn't have a Blue.
>>
>>3467145
did u rike it?
>>
>>3467145
Mido's seemed to "just end" as well. Kinda jarring. I assume there will be more on NG+, or when I do all the other routes, or something.
>>
>>3467146
>>3467147
>>3467149
I think I misunderstood what this game is, I thought every character has their own full fledge campaign from the get go. My only previous experience with the series were Minstrel's Song and Scarlet Grace.
>>
how does learning new spells work? is it like SG where i just spam until it says i learned a new one or does it need to have a lightbulb icon on the name? im trying to have ameya learn new spells but she isnt getting anything new
>>
Should I just stick with the default NG carryover or is there something I should change
>>
>>3467155
I got a new spell after a battle, it was shown on the post battle stat increase screen. idk if it's gated by skill in magic school or random chance. there's no cool animation to tell that you learned a new spell it's just kinda nonchalantly there on the level up screen.
>>
File: MISCSAGA (55).jpg (353 KB, 2000x1587)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
>>3467147
Where is my Nuke Bomb?
Where is my Hyper?
Where the fuck is Silky Hat?
>>
File: 20240426230417_1.jpg (265 KB, 1920x1080)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
Ayy lil' nigga scored
>>
>do the pro-level skiier challenge
>she gets mad and leaves (but receive a wing amulet +1)
NOOOOO dudes
it's over, just like that
>>
So, is the game really short for RPG standards? Seems a bit unfortunate but ig it really expects replays.
>>
>>3467275
The lengthier campaigns seem to be around 15-20 hours for the first run, Ameya seems to be the outlier where people get a very quick ending
>>
>>3467277
Nothing too bad then.
>>
>>
>>3467394
are they confirmed lesbians?
>>
>>3467277
I just finished my Mido run in less than 5 hours too. But that's mostly because I finished the Delta Base in two nodes.
>>
>>3467419
>>
File: new game+.png (1.17 MB, 1745x1017)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
What are you all carrying over into New Game+? I'm not carrying over stats or items, but I'm carrying over techs. The game recommends carrying over everything. What do you all think?
>>
File: 1709598036248793.jpg (253 KB, 648x646)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
>>3467233
Is that an ending?
Just how much stuff does Grelon have? I thought I figured it out by now but I keep seeing new events, and I still don't know how the fuck do you get to recruit the Final Emperor.
>>3467537
Everything but BR for now, starting with carried over BR on different characters that don't have stats or techs to carry over is suicide, don't do that.
The game seems to be built on that since Concepts are locked behind different routes and characters, most of your equipment trees won't be available to you if you don't carry over things.
>>
>>3467450
ah, this is why it got banned in six countries
>>
>the vermillion bird is back
not that fucking chicken again
>>
>>3467275
Yeah, Kawazu said that EB is focused on replays and that the game would have short campaigns like Frontier so that you can do a run comfortably in a weekend.
Tsunanori's first run is pretty short by default.
Ameya's a bit different in the sense that the cats are what decide how long the campaign is, if you get all the cats ASAP then the campaign ends almost immediately.
Diva's pretty lengthy, around 10 hours or so depending on which worlds you got to.
Not sure about Siugnas or B&F since I haven't been following discussion about those two, I'm currently on my first Tsuna run and it seems to be almost over already, you also have the option to skip everything and go straight for your divine spirits unlike Diva who has to sweat for her memories and do questlines the proper way.
NG+ does change the progression a lot though, on a standard NG you start with one world choice but on NG+ you get like seven or eight of those. right off the bat.
>>3467555
Never saw the chicken in my Vermiglio run, didn't even know it was a thing outside of lore
>>
File: siugnasending.jpg (305 KB, 1919x958)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
Warrior not looking very black in this art
>>
>>3467537
Everything but BR for my first runs with each character
Final boss seems to be the same for everyone so I'm a bit disappointed in that regard, wonder what, if anything, is hidden behind beating every campaign
>>
>>3467552
Indeed! The American corruption of the Muslim woman is haram, both should be beheaded but the Muslim whore more so.
>>
File: firelizard.png (2.89 MB, 1920x1200)
2.89 MB
2.89 MB PNG
AIEEEE save me bootleg guella ha!
>>
>>3467569
Judging from the trophies, nothing will be unlocked by beating the five campaigns, outside of maybe some minor congratulations extra like Unlimited/Minstrel Song, but SSG didn't have that and I doubt this game will either.
>>3467573
I didn't get anyone from Cinq...maybe I shouldn't have sided exclusively with the bird people
>>
I didn't binge the demo like others did but I've been having a blast so far.
Checked the rest of the years planned releases and barring any major surprise drops this is looking like the GOTY alongside V: Vengeance (depending on 2nd campaign). A very light year for games overall, reminding me of those sparse 2011-2013 dark days where remasters and indies were all the rage but still an achievement nonetheless.
Great job Kawazu and team!
>>
>>3467574
I'll be kinda disappointed
Like each campaign is very barren on the story side, even compared to other SaGa games
There's the fact that the bad guys that show up in the end always have the same face and seem to be some kind of space police
And with Kawazu saying that it's very replayable with lots of things changing after each playthrough, idk I'm just hoping for some crazy stuff to be there for people who go through it all
Like Scarlet Grace and Minstrel Song had loads of variants of the final boss, Fatestones being the most obvious mechanic for it
>>
>>3467542
>and I still don't know how the fuck do you get to recruit the Final Emperor.
dude i don't know how people are even seeing the final emperor, when i did grelon instead of fighting the horse llama thing, i fought a giant demon monster that was the "soul" of the final emperor and alexandre didn't get posessed by the final emperor or whatever, this game man
>>
This is important, are the pussy slimes from SSG in?
>>
File: LesboFinalPuzzle.png (755 KB, 978x930)
755 KB
755 KB PNG
Just finished Lesbo campaign.

Leave it to Kawazu to have the final boss start with an instant death attack. And then aoe Petrification and Paralysis. You pretty much should clear Ameya's game first and unlock her in other playthroughs cause FUCK trying to rng water magic items in the marketplace for Holy Water spell. Yeah, fuck you too Kawazu.

Pic is final puzzle.

>>3467573
That's how I won against the final boss by a showstopper ending the boss at 1% HP and finishing it off with Boasting Slash. Kek
>>
>>3467575
I'm feeling the same right now. Dragon's Dogma 2 is good but it's really just the first game again, flaws and all, with some annoying shit added in.
I don't know how I'm gonna juggle SMTVV and Elden Ring DLC as they release a week a part but I get the feeling those are going to be monster titles (haven't played SMTV yet).
>>
>>3467586
Final boss with Diva was a nailbiter for me too
final boss with Siugnas was a walk in the park but I carried over items etc.
Still the blood equipment he gets is insanely strong and relatively easy to upgrade, like I got a 74 power Sword, very early in the game, nothing I could make after two playthroughs is close
>>
>>3467578
Yeah, this game isn't really focused on the main characters' stories at all, it's a glorified mix of SaGa 1/2 with a lot more shenanigans for how the world stories develop instead of being linear, I'm pretty disappointed by that as well.
I do hope the plot point about the various people like the Progenitor, Constantine, Quisstatium having the same face and being interdimensional mystery niggas will be explained a bit more on NG+ cycles, the game sorta implies the seventeen worlds used to be a single world I guess? Or that those people are one entity or part of one entity that is trying to link all the worlds into one, the final boss itself is called One World after all and it has that emerald torso thingie that sorta implies to be the source of the emerald waves, but after you beat it the game just ends abruptly?

It's a shame because outside of the really bad UI design and a couple of odd decisions the game is very solid if you're a fan, but the main story is more cryptic than usual and with zero hooks whatsoever, can't really see casual players getting into that, not sure why they insisted on having obnoxious amount of handholding with the emerald waves and forced popups that is clearly aimed at casuals who don't play these games but didn't even try to give them a reason to bother when it comes to the story.
>>
Still can't win any fight on brutal difficulty.. maybe im a scrub
>>
>>3467563
I'm playing Bonnie right now and it seems lengthy. I've gone through many worlds now. Delta Base, inside the body, the plant world, and the castle siege against Chaos.
>>
Lol holy shit this is one of the worst looking games of all time. Western Eroge tier.
>>
>>3467595
Yeah even Scarlet Grace had something of a story to piece together and pretty coherent worldbuilding
>>3467604
Do you have to keep both Bonnie and Formina in your party at all times? Do they have any unique gameplay gimmick, like Ameya's cat stuff, Siugnas blood weapons/thralls, Mido's puppets?
>>
>>3467616
>Do you have to keep both Bonnie and Formina in your party at all times?
No you can remove them. And no they don't have gimmicks besides starting with 3 cats for monster parties and a robot with a good support retinue effect for spellcasting.
>>
Almost done with first playthrough, is it recommended to repeat each character until you clear a few NG+ loops or switch to a new character? The game recommending BR reset on carryover seems to suggest the latter.
>>
>>3467450
Doesn't necessarily mean they're lesbo? Has it actually been confirmed they're a thing?
>>
>>3467595
>not sure why they insisted on having obnoxious amount of handholding
Yeah, I really don't like what they did with that. You are forced to scan an area to have intractables pop up, and you always have a line that goes to those areas, and you're locked into the world's until you're finished. They really idiot proofed it, but I want a lot more freedom. Even something like Urpina wasn't this bad. Eventually her route opened up after the first act and you had more leeway in where to go with the ability to back track to areas. Not only that but the various side quests.

Personally from what I've been playing in Emerald Beyond I don't find it as good as Scarlet Grace. I enjoy the more status effect orientated combat of SSG. I also haven't found a good formation outside of the first one that minuses BP for the next turn with people that participated in a combo. In SSG I did use various formations, with some I liked with my own play style like the conditional orientated one. I still enjoy the combo focused combat of SEB. I'm just a big fan of resources you can generate so you can use your various skills because what's the point of skills if all you do is horde the resources and just use a standard attack until you encounter a boss?
>>
>>3467624
Not from there, she was acting like that in case the room was bugged.
>>
File: Based.png (2.95 MB, 1919x1079)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB PNG
Damn, based and redpilled
>>
>>3467616
The Romancing style setting is inherently more coherent because it's just one world with a single main story and a lot of side content built around it, this game is very much like the GB games where the main story is an afterthought and you're just going around worlds to see weird shit, but there's still the Romancing style characters which feel pretty weird in this formula.
It's clear there's a main story and lore in there but most of it is buried under NG+ variations and playing as different main characters to get everything, but this is something only fans of the series will ever do, and I'm still not sure why they refused to build on what SSG achieved when they insisted on making it in the same style.
the FE style cards for characters after the ending were a very nice touch but this game doesn't even have those on top of much more minimalist endings.
>>3467623
It does seem like they want you to switch to different characters
>>3467627
I'm digging the progression style even if I much prefer the open ended games like SSG or the RS trilogy, the amount of choices is very welcome, but the forced handholding is really insufferable.
And it really gets me because this time around they designed the quests to be deliberately cryptic to make up for that, so a lot of the times it doesn't feel like you're making an informed decision, I really don't wanna see any of this shit again as much as I'm enjoying the game for the rest.
>I also haven't found a good formation outside of the first one that minuses BP for the next turn
Certain formations generate more BP depending on other things such as defending, others give you buffs on certain slots that end up being pretty hefty.
I think an issue with this is that while you have formations that work with specific strategies like counters it's way harder to build up combos with those strategies, but I'm not really that good at the game yet to say this with 100% certainty.
>>
>>3467628
So it hasn't been confirmed? Or it has but not from that scene?
>>
>>3467627
>I also haven't found a good formation outside of the first one that minuses BP for the next turn with people that participated in a combo.
Formations in SaGa are generally just so niche that the only thing you want out of them is for your squishy characters to not be attacked as often as everyone else.
>>
>>3467627
>>3467644
Ameya's cat comes with a improved version of the first one. Trading out the 1st unit's BP reduction for decoy.
>>
File: 1705093912342604.jpg (557 KB, 1920x1080)
557 KB
557 KB JPG
>>3467635
Capitol City's president does look like a nice guy, he's also aware of the sameface mystery niggas and possibly involved with them to some degree.
So far I've seen there's a theme in many worlds where certain people are aware of the Junction and they decided to sever or at least keep it the connection hidden.
>Capitol City's president knows the mystery niggas are out to get him because he probably collaborated with them before finding out some shit
>In the good Final Emperor route he says he's eternally protecting Grelon from outsiders from the Junction
>The barrier around Miyako City exists to block access from outside and Tsunanori's main villain is trying to destroy it so that people can go in and out freely for some reason
>Delta Base is actively meddling with multiple worlds and sending out scouts and researchers, the Progenitor is also one of the mystery niggas and for some reason he was put into stasis god knows how long ago
>The witches of Pulchra are fully aware of the Junction and the Calamity seems vaguely tied to it in one way or another
>Albion's royals are aware of the Junction and they send people like Constantine to raid other worlds for artifacts and researching shit
>Kosmos is a macro organism like Tanzer that "eats" stuff from other worlds? It's not super clear but the various cells like Byaku exist to make sure external bodies from other worlds don't destroy Kosmos as it keeps "eating"
>King Din actively summons people from other worlds through the Junction so they can be enlisted to fight against Chaos in Brighthome
>The priests of Cinq are aware of dimensional travelers and had an ancient temple for that, which they eventually destroyed due to past shenanigans about travelers threatening their world or something
>>
>>3467637
>>3467644
I think the formations in this are way better than SSG due to the new modifiers and variations. Stuff like formations that give everyone anti-air properties at the expense of not having BP discounts or ones where max BP increases by defeating enemies rather than by turn. This combined with the big variety in races makes it one of the more engaging formation systems in the series, however I'm hoping I get some enemies soon that really push me to make specific strategies. I'm a little over halfway through a Diva run and the only time I've had to restart was against Nacht Zweiger.
>>
>>3467637
>>I also haven't found a good formation outside of the first one that minuses BP for the next turn
...tercio?
>>
>>3467653
>>In the good Final Emperor route he says he's eternally protecting Grelon from outsiders from the Junction
the soul of the final emperor said the same thing just before i fought his diablo demon man spirit
>>
>>3467644
Depends on the game, I wouldn't call them niche as much as in many games there's lots of balance issues, you'll mostly want formations for positioning and stat buff benefits, but in some games you can also use them for counter tactics and focusing attacks on certain party members.
This game is kinda weird on that in particular because of how Enmity works, on one hand you have formations and equipment that actively draw Enmity as a baseline, on the other there's techs with Provoke that also draw Enmity and if some character deals really high damage to an enemy they also cause Rage in this game regardless of whether they're using Provoke techs or not.
Counters and parries are really strong but it's hard to use them well because Enmity is very volatile, mechs can help a good deal with that because they have access to Optical Camouflage Packs or whatever that completely tanks their Enmity, I used that on Diva a lot because she's kinda made of paper for most of the game unless you switch to the tougher bodies like Shanks or Paradox.
>>
goddamn, i can't fucking help myself, when i see infinite battle spots, to just sit there for hours grinding them down trying to glimmer the shit
>>
>>3467681
and i'm getting my shit handed to me by NORMAL level infinite fight spot fights, like god damn this game is difficult, but at long as i can adjust to what it's throwing at me eventually i can beat it but damn, i thought i had to restart/savescum fights in minstrel song or scarlet grace, wew lad
>>
>>3467681
Don't worry about it. Just do what feels right.
>>
>>3467688
I noticed reloading a save rerolls the infinite battle spot, including its difficulty.
>>
>>3467688
Yeah there's a lot to keep track of and the combo system has way more layers than SSG's united attacks. Now I'm starting to factor in the directional block rates on weapons after realizing my dudes could barely scratch Haniwa's because they were too fast.
>>
I thought the kugutsu characters were pretty lame that they couldn't spark techs by themselves but it blew my mind when I discovered they can imitate them from humanoid enemies and bosses
>>
>>3467691
shit, you're right, it does, i got a completely different fight on reload, god damn, this game
>>
>>3467696
Yeah, as long as anything has something they can learn they will learn it, even if a party member has been incapacitated.
>>
Explain how to enjoy playing this.
I want to grind and beat the shit out of things, not have characters consistently dying in the very first battles.
Do I need to focus on a singular attack for each character?
Do the traits and formations I use lead to other ones?
>>
>>3467764
you either get used to occasionally/often losing lp/fights or you get filtered, pretty much how it had been since romancing saga 1
>>
File: 20240427094700_1.jpg (243 KB, 1920x1080)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
My first game over...
To the fucking frogs from Scarlet Grace
damn I hate them
Well, heck indeed.
>>
>confusing scottish and gaelic
Fucking racist thread.
>>
>>3467764
>I want to grind
You chose the wrong series for this bro, grinding actually requires knowledge in these games
>Do I need to focus on a singular attack for each character?
Nah, the focus in the last two games has been figuring out positioning and the timeline, you have to pay attention to what the enemy does and then figure out what you can do with your own team to stop them from raping you.
This game has no healing whatsoever either so you really have to master at least the basics, and it will take you a while, you also will get wiped every now and again even when you think you got the game down because you made a wrong decision somewhere.
>Do the traits and formations I use lead to other ones?
If you mean roles, you learn new ones by learning new techs or spells when it comes to humanoinds, or ranking them.
Ephemerals have their own roles that change dynamically depending on how you build them.
Kugutsu can equip Souls, you get these by killing enemies, souls also give them unique Soul arts, which are more or less Custom Arts but for Kugutsu.
Mechs have unique roles depending on some of their built in techs.
Vampires get their own Blood Roles.
As for Formations, you get new ones by recruiting new characters, which happens at the end of a world, or not, depending on what you do in them.
>>
>>3467638
Haven't played their story yet, anon.
>>3467764
You repeat the battle as many times as you need. Change your gear as necessary. Also, don't necessarily go for the stronger monster first when you're fighting
>>
>>3467764
LP seems to regenerate somewhat fast and characters that fall in battle still grow. Don't fret if someone dies in battle. I just do simple things. I try to combo and break up any potential enemy combos or show stoppers. Delays and interrupts are great if you can't wedge a character in between two enemies. Also interrupts only trigger on a monster once so if you have two characters that activate on slashing attacks it'll only trigger one. You'll need a second monster to trigger the second person.
>>
>>3467764
You get a character with onehanded swords
You learn Airwave
You spam the shit out of it
>>
these hard infinite battle spots have me wanting to go outside and touch grass while smoking a cigarette and contemplating life, fuck man
>>
>>3467829
Gotta be careful not to delay the enemies into a combo with Airwave though
>>
bros its been 3 hours and i havent learned any new spells for ameya at all..
>>
i hust had blathe and boudica both glimmer guanyin in the same turn, from a hard infinite battke in diva's final zone, that i only JUST won because they glimmered guanyin, this game
>>
>>3467870
Keep using spells, this game is like SaGa Frontier, you learn new spells by using them, although there's a lot of equipment that also grants you spells if you equip them.
You can pretend you're just abusing the Rune Sword bug, more or less, in this game it's a feature.
>>
>>3467895
getting hard carried by a glimmer leading into combos/show stoppers is such a funny experience
>>
Uh, so the final boss has different ads depending on the protagonist, interesting.
>>
File: 1702638874964738.jpg (53 KB, 800x450)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
Oh wait, it actually gets a different moveset too? What the fuck?
>>
unlimited remaster when... im dying
>>
>winning a fight off of a guanyin glimmered off of a showstopper to just barely win you the battle
shit is kino af
>>
>>3467965
eventually, most likely after the SF2
>>
Is there a point at which move/weapon level lowers the BP cost of a move?
>>
>>3467978
when it crowns, or so it seems, might be based on what tech it is
>>
File: 1707634808008366.gif (1.28 MB, 306x288)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB GIF
>Third playthrough and I keep seeing more new enemies
I still have my gripes with the forced handholding and bad menus but I also feel like I have to kneel
>>
File: Capture.png (1.49 MB, 1920x1079)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
Has the battle rank system been perfected?
>>
>>3468083
Two playthroughs in and it definitely feels quite well tuned, things scaled up noticeably quicker in my second run where I had carried over equipment, so I was clean sweeping almost every fight
>>
>>3468079
>forced handholding
what exactly do you mean by this?
I feel you may have a bit of a skewed perspective of what is and isnt "handholding"
>>
>>3468119
NTA, but I'm also on my third playthrough, and so far, the game has been entirely linear. No optional sidequests or anything. So instead, you just follow the green line to the next fight or story segment.
>>
>>3468124
That doesnt really answer my question...
A game being linear is not an inherent flaw or "handholdy"
>>
>>3468119
I mean the constant tip and tutorial popups that were previously optional, the emerald waves mechanic being completely pointless and the way the game handles events being the most annoying baby shit I've seen in this series were there's tons of talking about nothing but where you're supposed to go, even if the next event node is right next to the one you've just triggered.
It's pretty terrible and I have no idea why they even did this considering normalfags won't touch this game just by looking at the budget graphics and the fact that it doesn't have dungeons or cities to waste time in, I have no idea what they were thinking with any of this outside of maybe easing in the JP Gacha players, but this is souring reception with the actual userbase and killing any chances this game might have had overseas.

I still like the game and I'm impressed about a lot of things, but I'm not gonna pretend it doesn't have its issues, there's a lot of really contradicting decisions.
>>
>>3468130
The game literally has a line pointing you to the next objective, and that's not handholding? But besides that, where's the nonlinearity that's a trademark of the series? Maybe I need to wait until NG+, but so far it's rather boring.
>>
>>3468134
I mean you get to choose the order of worlds, whether you visit optional worlds in certain playthroughs and some (probably most, or even all) of the worlds have multiple ways they can go
But I agree that it doesn't feel that riveting to have choices with different outcomes, when you have no idea what you're actually choosing, I only know that the autists writing guides have their work cut out for them with this game
>>
>>3468134
>The game literally has a line pointing you to the next objective, and that's not handholding?
Uhh, no. It's the same shit as any final fantasy game.
>where's the nonlinearity that's a trademark of the series?
Emerald Beyond is very very non-linear by design, my dude...
Are you about to say all these choices and routes dont matter??
>>
>>3468134
The nonlinearity is in the world progression itself, it's not open ended like most of the previous games, but progression is still largely freeform even inside of each world.
The approach is different but there's just as much player input in terms of progression, if not more considering how weird some runs can be.
The constant Skyrim pointers make it seem a lot worse than it actually is though, and since the game progression is designed strictly through routes rather than having small batches of isolated content it might give you the wrong impression, I'm on my third playthrough and so far the amount of variations in terms of content is impressive, the fact that the final boss is Chaos Ruler on crack is also really cool.
>>
>game gives you multiple worlds to choose the next stage of your adventure
>the scenarios within each world feature multiple ways to resolve, you can even leave early
>this doesn't count as non-linearity
>>
>>3468172
Ever heard of the word "semantics"?
>>
I never know what to remove with monster techs lol there are so many cool options
>>
>>3468177
>Ever heard of the word "semantics"?
Not really. I don't know how to access chatgpt or any AI thingy as I don't have any social media accounts. Could you ask it to explain it to me in this context? Thx hun.
>>
>>3468217
A lot of monster techs are fairly underwhelming, especially for relic bearers, things like Cyclone Squeeze or Scuffle are pretty good though.
Not sure how to feel about monsters in this game, outside of the fact that there aren't all that many.
>>
This ultimate raft match is kicking my ass.
Also, Azure is pure sexo.
>>
In Scarlet Grace, you could save up to 3 retinues.
I wish Emerald Beyond had that.
>>
File: Screenshot (39).png (3.3 MB, 1920x1080)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>in SG you just focus fire on kraken and kill the adds later
>had to kill the sole rana soldier then focus on kraken
I'm more annoyed that i had to reset a few time and HE STILL KEPT INSTAGIBBING MACHA WITH MEALSTROM AHHHHHHHHHHH. i swear aquatic enemies have me on their shit list in this series' or something
>>
File: 20240427195200_1.jpg (404 KB, 1920x1080)
404 KB
404 KB JPG
Seems two chars cant trigger a Showstop at the same turn, ended up saving my ass against this boss since he would have raped Formina immediately after this otherwise.
Doesnt seem you can recruit Azure or Ivar tho.
>>
>>3468270
kino
Gaming mag screenshot worthy
>>
>still hasn't finished Scarlet Grace
Should I finish SG or jump to Emerald Beyond?
>>
>>3468281
I couldnt finish Scarlet Grace because it was was just too long.
I was playing as Leonard and I do like the game and I like the characters and the setting and all that but it felt like it takes FOREVER to get to the ending and I think I just got to a hard fight at some point that wasnt the main quest and just got burnt out.
>>
>>3468281
emerald beyond is a lot of fun
>>
>>3468281
EB is pretty much an improved lean version of SG, there's some stuff SG has over it but overall its better
>>
I've saved the Cordyceps world for last in my first Diva playthrough but it really isnt as bad as I've heard. If anything, it might among my favorite worlds so far.
>>
getting guanyin to rank 2 gets you the soloist role, showstopper bp+1, blunt power +3%, just a straight upgrade from striker role, neat
also the custom of guanyin is "sahasrabhuja" identical to guanyin except 1 less power and it shifts you right instead of left on the timeline
>>
Can someone explain battle rank to me? Is it okay to challenge hard stuff, fail and retry or will I be punished for it? I don't really wanna grind out normal battle too much on early playthroughs but I'm enjoying trying out new things in battle.
I know once I hit NG+ I can reset battle rank but little else.
>>
>>3468295
Probably the same for me. But it also disappointed me, as I was hoping the lord of earth thing was going to be a unique boss. Are there any unique bosses you can find in the worlds outside the final boss? I really haven't found anything.
>>
>>3468309
There's the Specter of Benkei/Ushiwakamaru in Miyako, I guess?
Most world bosses are dynamic encounters, outside of the unique human ones like the Final Emperor, the Wardens or the Beast King you'll be dealing with a lot of repeated midbosses, it's very much like Unlimited in that.
>>
How the FUCK do I get more magic stones
I got some at some point somehow and never got any more afterwards
I'm at the final boss and still NOTHING
>>
I'm not sure if someone mentioned it here or in the /v/ thread on launch but I saw someone say something about the menus.
I'm noticing it too, these fades take way too fucking long.
>>
>>3468270
This is the battle I'm on now and I'm having a real hard time with it. Any advice?
>>
File: 20240427194051_1.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>3468365
I used Guardian Program a lot to protect Formina and took care of the little guys as quickly as i could. Did get lucky with the boss’ attacks though, i ended up winning on my first try as opposed to Azure who took like seven.
Also wow, magic seems like it takes forever to learn. Girl is already at rank 3 on the first fire spell and still hasnt learned anything.
>>
>>3468340
Don't hope to get more of them until NG+ cycles, they're high tier currency gated to Brutal fights.
Tsunanori can kinda grind them through Brutal Battle Doors at least.
>>
>>3468374
They really want you to do ng+ huh
Feels like you barely get to upgrade shit on a clean file
>>
>>3468304
see
>>3468083
>>
>>3468385
Ah right so losing battles won't do anything bad to it or anything? I can just keep going and experimenting? And if I feel it's getting too tough bail on an easy battle and get it next run kinda deal?
>>
>>3468390
Yeah losing doesn't matter really, worst that happens is someone runs out of LP and you have to use another party member
If anything it can be good to lose against a strong enemy as long as you keep trying and eventually win, you get to keep any techs glimmered.
I lost 3 times against a boss but by the end I had a bunch of new techs
>>
>>3468378
Yeah I think it's balanced around continuously carrying over data between scenarios
>>
File: ayyy.png (2.55 MB, 1920x1080)
2.55 MB
2.55 MB PNG
>Was about to die to the whale boss
>ameya instantly went into showstopper and she just spellslinged it to death
Kino
>>
>>3468407
Showstoppers are both my favorite and least favorite things
I've had some clutch moments with them but at the same time I've had retard moments where a glimmered tech sends a boss into Showstopper range and they end me lol
>>
>they brought back the mid-battle tutorial voice overs
10/10 game of the year
THIS IS CALLED A VORTEX
>>
showstopper finishes are so satisfying when you've got a tech list filled with high level techs and all the bp cost reductions you can get, that +1 bp from soloist role is nice, i need to find more + showstopper bp roles
>>
File: 1686660266363643.jpg (336 KB, 1920x1080)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Mare Nostrum was really fun, but I guess I got the bad end, Kawazu bamboozled me with Hero's bait and switch plotline too, well played old man, well played.
>>
>interrupt an interrupt of a stun and stun
Alright
My personal GotY
>>
>>3468247
Were you able to recruit her? It also seemed to tease a new character for that world for the next time I do it
>>
>>3468400
Thx for the help anon \o
>>
File: 61533251_p1.jpg (117 KB, 400x400)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
im too autistic and id rather reload the save than to click on reattempt
>>
When I saw it in the teasers I knew I needed them in my party.
>>
>>3468677
CHEATER! WE GOT A CHEATER HERE
YOU CAN'T HIDE ON PAGE 10 WE GOT CHUUUUUU
>>
File: Spoiler Image (330 KB, 1920x1080)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
Any secret chars yet? I recruited a mantis in the plant world by doing an optional battle before leaving the area. I assume he doesnt force himself into the party if you just leave after collecting the triangle, but i forgot to check.

>>3468539
For me i got Sigurd ranting after i left Mare Nostrum because i never found him, i probably rushed too quickly at the end and skipped his appearance so i'm looking forward to trying again next time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.