[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Persona-1.jpg (273 KB, 1476x1058)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
I really thought people hyped the first game up for internet hipster credit, but.. it's a pretty good.
>>
>>3453585
stop LARPing. nobody has ever played persona 1 or 2
>>
File: persona 1 guns.jpg (789 KB, 2182x3496)
789 KB
789 KB JPG
Persona 1 is genuinely a great game and better than 2 (though 2 is still good). I just wish there was a good English version with the PS1 OST.
>>
It's a great game, people just get filtered by the fact that it's very obviously a PS1 game.

>>3453594
There's a mod of P1P with the original music floating, I remember finding it in the OT for Megaten general on /vg/
>>
I played it on the PSP and got the early bad ending where Maki fucks off on her own and the game just ends.
Then I tried the Snow Queen quest and fucked hat up too.
Getting megido early was fun as hell though, would do it again.
>>
>>3453636
Unfortunately, the mod isn't 1:1. It just replaces the audio files, so sometimes songs don't play in the right scenes, they don't loop correctly, and some are missing outright.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (162 KB, 1210x720)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>3453587
I did
>>3453594
Persona 2 would be so much better if they kept the first person dungeons and the original combat system

I don't know how they could downgrade the gameplay so hard for the sake of fusion spells.
>>
>>3453651
yeah it's not perfect but it's still better than listening to a P3'ified ost that fucks with the atmosphere
>>
>>3453656
School days is good
>>
>>3453656
I don't mind the PSP soundtrack
But when I listened to the original music I went "fuck"
>>
File: persona 1.jpg (502 KB, 1156x1920)
502 KB
502 KB JPG
>>3453585
Told you so. Game just vibes.
>>
>>3453585
It's just a shame that there's no perfect version of P1. PSP has great QOL and some of the updated OST is good, but what people always forget to mention about it is that they really simplified the dungeons. Not only did they increase the number of save points inside dungeons, they also made the dungeons smaller, which to me is unforgivable. I'd still play PSP over PS1 just because I can't go back to those fucking load screens and slow battles.
>>
File: 1675800198996131.jpg (62 KB, 800x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>
File: persona 1 cast.png (1.24 MB, 1036x724)
1.24 MB
1.24 MB PNG
>>3453924
I'll probably give the PS1 version a play sometime if the JP version ever gets a translation patch. How simplified were the dungeons? I didn't know the PSP version changed those.
>>
File: Vishnu.jpg (364 KB, 1100x1652)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
The other versions are more accurate but this will always be the best Vishnu design.
>>
>>3454879
>How simplified were the dungeons?
99% sure he's making shit up. There's a bunch of misinformation online regarding what the PSP version changed, like enemies being weaker (which is false). There are indeed added save points in a few dungeons in the SEBEC route but in exchange, all save points in the Snow Queen Quest were removed. Your biggest concern with vanilla P1 (besides not knowing Japanese) is that the battle animations make random encounters slow as fucking hell.
>>
File: p1 city.jpg (617 KB, 998x500)
617 KB
617 KB JPG
>>3454879
I think I would like a remake of 1 if, and ONLY IF they could really sell the spooky dreamlike empty city vibe. It would be sweet to just have an almost.... I don't want to say Silent Hill esque vibe but you know that eerie quiet empty feeling of isolationism where the only ones around are you and some monsters.
>>
>>3453585
>I really thought people hyped the first game up for internet hipster credit
me too, and i still do
>>
>>3453587
lots of people have played 2
>>
>>3455191
And you're an idiot.
>>
>>3455128
I'm not making shit up, I've put more time into P1 than you. They've removed entire floors of some dungeons in the remake in an effort to simplify the game.
>removed save points in SQQ
Those only functioned as suspends in the original game, and P1P lets you suspend any time you want, so that's not much of a problem.
>>
Persona 1 is great and part of that generation of early PSX jrpgs that weren't yet bloated to shit and we're still basically SNES jrpgs with better music.
Persona 2 is a late PSX rpg where they just go completely nuts with trash systems to waste your time, with EP being even more obnoxious than IS. I'm talking about stuff like the raffle, crafting, 99% of the optional rumors, farming free tarot, crafting, the thing with the weapon store lady, etc.
>>
>>3455594
>it's real
Holy shit I'm sorry, in hindsight I don't know how I didn't spot some of those differences like the missing conveyor belts, most changes seem extremely minor though.

>They've removed entire floors of some dungeons
Which ones? I'm looking up the maps on kouryakutsushin and only see parts of floors modified (+ the extra save points). I'd argue it's not a big deal but it is extremely strange, I never heard of an SMT game being rereleased with modified dungeons. Relieved to see that SQQ is exactly identical, it's the one part of PSX P1 I didn't play and I was scared I played through some simplified version.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGC0RLwOb0w
>>
>>3453594
why were the P1 kids so much more hardcore than the recent gangs?
>>
>>3455882
I mean there's a lot of reasons when you get into it but the newer stuff really does feel like it has the edges sandpapered off. In more ways than one. I'm not even saying I want the party to be hardcore murderers or anything but even the danger levels seem to be diminished as the franchise went on. You're pretty much always safe in 4 and 5 if you're not in the special world and nobody really has to deal with any major problems or face harsh consequences. I guess this makes it easier for the modern self inserters audience but it does make it far less an exciting of a game. But it really does annoy me how the newer parties can experience something earth shattering and amazing and just treat it so mundanely one the initial shock wears down and there's just no urgency at all. You look at 1 the 2s and SORT OF 3 and there's no real escape from the weird world they're facing. I would really love if it the newer games ha at least one character who was engaged, interested, excited and possible a little horny for the impossibilities unfurling before them as Elly was. Seriously girl was nutty. World goes to hell and you'd think she was told she was going to Disney. It was the best. That's how you should do a personality quirk. Not "TEE HEE SOMETIMES I LAUGH WEIRD."
>>
File: persona 1 v7.jpg (1.65 MB, 1982x1319)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
Incidentally the manga's pretty good. You should read it.
>>
File: persona 1.png (200 KB, 461x348)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
>>3455882
Because they were written by a good writer instead of the hacks that write nu-sona, and they aren't shackled to the awful calendar and social link systems so they can develop more naturally over the course of the game.

Also there's actual stakes since demons are real instead of them being stuck in alternate dimensions you go to and the real world is never in any real danger so you can still go to the school because the games need to be incel pandering life sims made for ironic weebs who think the writing is good since they've never read a real VN or played any other JRPGs in their lives. Persona 5 is the modern Chrono Trigger in the sense that it's a JRPG played by people who say they normally hate RPGs, but while Chrono Trigger was great because it took what some people didn't like about RPGs and removed/tweaked stuff while also focusing on the genre's strengths, Persona 5 (and by extension the rest of nu-sona) just shove in shitty dating and life sim parts and don't bother doing anything interesting with the gameplay, and thus ironic weebs like them since they don't have to engage with any actual RPG gameplay in any meaningful way. They also have the most basic braindead social commentary plots ever so people can pretend they're smart for liking them. (But despite that the final boss to each game is always some out of nowhere god when having more personal final bosses like 1 and 2 did would make way more sense thematically, but nu-sona writers can't do anything original so every final boss is just nyarly-tier world ending threat again but without any of the things that made nyarly interesting, and the one time they do something more unique it's just ripping off P1's snow queen route with Maruki's shit in Royal.)

tldr Tadashi is good, Hashino is a hack, anyone expecting Metaphor to be good is an idiot.
>>
>>3455907
I lost all hope for Metaphor when the game went from "it's not going to be a persona clone but its own unique fantasy story" to literally P5 down to the fucking character designs
>>
>>3455882
The early games were pretty much the usual Megaten weirdness and general edge, modern Persona is for all intents and purposes a completely different series. I enjoy the new stuff but it's pretty hard not to see P3 as a soft reboot, even at it's darkest it's still a massive change in tone from what came before.
>>
File: 1666070794983169.png (992 KB, 748x1000)
992 KB
992 KB PNG
>>3455910
It's honestly fucking baffling. You'd think this would be Hashino's and the rest of the persona team's chance to make something truly original, but instead they just fucking reskin P5. I'd think it was a mandate from higher ups if Hashino wasn't a constantly so egotistical in all interviews, plus he has to be the biggest big shot at Atlus right now, so there's no way he doesn't have full creative control. The game also just looks fucking disgustingly ugly at times, especially with some of the character models, which look worse than SMTV's, a fucking SWITCH game. The game's probably gonna flop since none of the modern persona fanbase will want to buy something that isn't a school simulator. The SMTV team is the only competent team left at Atlus, even if they cannibalized the EO team.

Also calling it now, the game's twist is just going to copy Etrian Odyssey 1's.
>>
File: 1682045982594175.png (624 KB, 894x727)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>3455904
I did and you're right
>>
>>3455602
Was the crafting really that bad?
>>
>>3453636
>>3453651
NTA but you might be thinking of the older patch there was, a (relatively) newer one went into the code to let the game support new tracks so the mod can reimplement stuff like Awakening, and I'm fairly confident they made sure to make the tracks have proper part transitions (i.e. going from the Talking part of Deadline to the Battle part when you finish a boss's intro text), it's really impressive. It's missing the Snow Queen Quest music though, which is unfortunate, but in terms of SEBEC, the PS1 music's fully restored https://gamebanana.com/wips/68611
Here's Awakening working properly (timestamped at 14:50) https://youtu.be/VL5WPBX_tkM?t=890
>>
It sucks. Atlus could give Persona 1 and 2 proper remakes and modern coats of paint but Nu-Persona fans fucking suck and 5 was a mistake.
>>
File: p1 art1.jpg (262 KB, 707x1000)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>3456020
Neat. I thought I remembered someone was working on it further glad to see it's coming along.

>>3456023
It's both a blessing and a curse that Atlus seems all to eager to ignore 1 and 2 in all their extended media. On the one hand a bit of recognition wouldn't unappreciated but at the same time I dread to think they'd do to dumb everything up to match the modern games. If 3 was got hit with the retard stick in order to make it more appeal to the 4 crowd.
>>
Why the fuck would anyone hype it up for internet hipster credit? Who does that even work on? Persona fans?
Yeah. That's not worth it.
Turns out that sometimes people do play games and enjoy them. The first 3 Persona games were solid.
If I'm going to hype up a mega ten game for internet hipster credit. I'll do it mega ironically with a game so shitty you'd have to be retarded to take it seriously.
Now where my ronde bros at?

>>3456023
Fuck off.
They don't need to be remade. They're fine as they are and they already released them on PSP.
ATLUS can survive another 10 years without porting Persona again.
>>
>>3456097
P1 is ABSOLUTELY not fine with that music swap.
>>
>>3456097
>They're fine as they are and they already released them on PSP.
not with that soundtrack it isn't
>>
>>3456112
>>3456107
Just play the original.
>>
File: p1 arcana 1.jpg (2.13 MB, 3400x1670)
2.13 MB
2.13 MB JPG
>>
>>3455904
Need guns.
>>
>>3455882
And then you realise they grew up and became basic. Dude with the collar became a salary man one step away from depression, Nate is still a dick with a lot of money and Maki works as a beautician, squeezing zits for a living.
>>
>>3458049
Weird you skipped over Yukiko, the biggest downgrade, at least Brown become a tv star and Elly a model
>>
File: localization.png (279 KB, 500x272)
279 KB
279 KB PNG
>>3456122
The original is marred by a legendarily stupid localization and there's still no complete fan translation of the Japanese release.
>>
>>3458211
I just went from the pic. Best fate goes to that fat fuck that became a rumor monger.
>>
File: mark danced crazy.jpg (8 KB, 319x158)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>3458220
>The original is marred by a legendarily stupid localization

I know you're an underaged weeb who's used to having every jrpg under the sun coming out with the the same day as it's Japanese release but there's a lot more going on with P1's "localization" than just HYRR DRRY SO STUPID. All the westernizations were an honest an honest attempt to make the game not only more palatable but hopefully catch on with non Japanese people. It failed spectacularly but again, and this is important, most JRPGs were still a super niche and there wasn't that mega successful surge or releases yet. This was still before FF7. JRPGs were a complete gamble at the time, especially ones as weirdly Japanese as the SMT (or in this case Megami Ibunroku ) series. The Snow Queen cut was admittedly a tragic loss but I understand that to be a time budget thing, which doesn't make it better but it does give context.
>>
>>3458220
I said play the original.
Not my fault you can't speak Japanese.
>>
>>3458384
None of this changes that it's a bad localization, honest attempt or not. I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here, because at the end of the day it still resulted in an inferior product that in the end did more harm for the franchise and its future fans than good.
>>
>>3455969
No actually that was a legitimate mistake and not the list something twice joke
It may actually be that bad though, I had just learned my lesson about p2 bloat systems by that point and ignored it to rush the ending
>>
>>3458407
>I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here
No, I'm not surprised you're not. Because you're an underaged retard who can only see things through hindsight. Publishers don't get that. And at the time the challenge of bringing over games, especially obscure (yes persona was VERY obscure once) strongly limits the kind of localization you can do. It's easy to sit there some 30 years after the fact but if you were around in 96 (which you probably weren't) even knowing a lot of these games existed let alone how to compare them to the original was a rarity for people deep diving into gaming mags. As a publisher looking forward this could have worked, as a fan looking back it didn't. That's the difference. The context of a game's release is directly related to the kind of release it gets.
>>
>>3458454
Yes anon I understand that, but we're talking about playing the game nearly 30 years down the line. I don't give a shit what a publisher was thinking in 1996(I was five, oh no), I'm talking about the game in a modern context where being told "play the original" results in a decidely inferior experience. In 2024 this earnest attempt at a translation is a shitheap that cuts out half the game and there's no reason for a new fan of the series to check it out beyond novelty.
>>
>>3458517
>Yes anon I understand that
No you don't. In 2024 the game wouldn't have been translated AT ALL if not for this "shit heap." Publishers weren't that forward thinking. It was do it this way or learn fucking Japanese.
>>
File: 1429199982405.gif (297 KB, 500x315)
297 KB
297 KB GIF
>>3458220
For whatever reason I really liked Black Mark's design. It felt like oddly prescient black weeb rep.
>>
File: masao the rappa.jpg (59 KB, 543x743)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>3458712
I mean to be fair Masaru looked like a retard.
>>
>>3453587
In a way, yes. Persona 3 was effectively a reboot.
>>
>>3453587
I did. They're great games, Innocent Sin is arguably the best persona game in terms of story.
>>
>>3459314
>doesn't matter what you do bad guys always win
Nah
>>
File: persona 8 leak.jpg (322 KB, 1080x625)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>3458220
Other than the grammatical errors and removal of the Snow Queen route, the localization really isn't that bad? People act like Revelations is unplayable and ruins the characters when that's not true at all.
>>
File: p1 diner.jpg (259 KB, 704x1000)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>3459443
Some people see the Americanization of the cast as being a major sacrilege but all told their personalities remained in tact. Like I said you really HAVE to look at it in the time it came out.
>>
File: brown_bags.png (744 KB, 1279x719)
744 KB
744 KB PNG
>>3459449
>you really HAVE to look at it in the time it came out
This is true. Really easy to tell who only played the PSP demake.
>>
Ive always hoped the PC version of Persona 1 would get a fan translation attempt. I bet it runs significantly better than the PS1 version, and getting an original game version of Snow Queen would be excellent. I will keep hoping for this and then die without it becoming real, probably.
>>
File: phil.jpg (11 KB, 471x270)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
I miss when the idea of Persona meant something beyond what pokemon partner your retarded partner gets. I want to change an entire party's set up again. Keep the party smaller if you need to but fuck off with this wild card faggotry.
>>
>>3459653
This so much, beyond finding the visual novel aspects of nusona boring, being forced to see my party members use the same personas all the time made me drop 3 and give up on the franchise

Like okay i can let you put cringe vn slice of life crap but why the fuck did you kill party customization?
>>
>>3455882
It's because the high school that the P1 group went to was known for being where all the tough kids went to, which makes sense since instead of the kids screaming and hiding in their dorms like smt5, the students alternatively get a bunch of guns and hold down the place like it's a base of military operations.

Honest to God when I first saw this ad for p5 over a decade ago, my headcanon went to "the cast is going to all be from a juvenile detention center" and I got hyped. Kinda disappointed that my theory didn't play out but who knows if people would have enjoyed that besides me
>>
File: Elly seraph.jpg (1.29 MB, 1141x1656)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB JPG
>>3459670
I mean the whole premise is that persona are the various aspects of yourself that show in different situations to different people and elements of our psyche that even we may not have been aware of. They should always be changing evolving learning and growing. But outside the SUPER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE MC LEADER-KUN nobody can change their personae? Doesn't that just speak volumes for how vapid the characters have become in these games. The whole thing just feels like it's become one of those old online "WHICH [POPULAR REFERENCE] are you" tests.

And it's not like the P1cast are especially complicated characters either, but from the various dialogue and chatter you do get a sense that have their own genuine opinions on what's happening. Elly gets hyped a lot as best girl (she is) but she's fairly simple when you break it down. "Pretty girl has interests and knowledge that go beyond the image people expect of her with the new situation giving her a chance to indulge without having to worry about putting up a false face anymore." She doesn't really have an arc, she doesn't change much by the end but she feels unique in the group and insight you gleam gives her a sense of dimension if not depth. She didn't need an entire month to reveal some mundane fact about her. The arcana image was already posted above
>>3457106
But it does give a nice insight to the cast
>>
>>3459680
Ah dude, you and me both. I was so excited for the idea that 5 might have some more edge to it. Like okay 4 was the sunny friendship and rainbows game, that's cool, after 3 we could use a change in tone and then hopefully 5 would go back. So the idea that 5 might be set in some reform school or something like that was really something I wanted to see. Like I was really hopping to see full on tough guys, sukebans, banchos and the whole shebang. But it was just the same shit as 4 again. You were the same pack of nerds. And while there was some vibe early on that you were a mistrusted outsider it was dropped pretty quickly. What an absolute waste.
>>
>>3459683
In trying to have a game set in the modern age, they can't really do sukebans or banchos anymore. Even Natsuki in 3, who was a Gyaru - she couldn't have existed by the time 5 was coming out.
>>
>>3459703
I mean it doesn't even have to be that specifically. I just want something with a bit more bite to it. The actual aesthetic is really not that important but I'd just like to see things with a bit more urgency and danger is all. 3 was about characters dealing with grief and loss but come 4 and 5 every one just seems so... petty.
>>
>>3459710
Funny how 3 started the problems with new persona but still did what it could to keep a gritty vibe.
>>
>>
>>3459682
> but from the various dialogue and chatter you do get a sense that have their own genuine opinions on what's happening.

I will maintain that the character interactions changing in every single location and room in the game makes p1 and 2 much better than nusona. All the characters just get so much screen time thats integrated into the game, rather than side story that doesnt impact the game one way or another. The only thing I would have liked in p1 was more opportunity to change the main party outside of the final member.

It sort of makes sense. p1 characters are more complex and change and grow all game, and they wield multiple personas, they also arent hard locked to a single aspect, they have relationships with lots of different aspects, whether good or bad. Its very jungian heroes journey kind of stuff. nusona largely gets rid of this in order to maintain the VN side of the game. Every character needs their personality trope, never expand past that trope, are very mono-dimensional individuals, and thus only get their single persona. Its consistent, if a complete downgrade narratively. But these days romance options and waifu baits are basically necessary as so many gamers in the rpg space expect it at this point.
>>
>>3460185
>The only thing I would have liked in p1 was more opportunity to change the main party outside of the final member.

This is something I'm sort of on the fence about. First time through it's very easy to get stuck with Brown as your fifth. Once you know it's easy to get who you want and I actually like that they were willing to keep things small. Even with P2 they had characters rotate in and out as the plot demands it. It really wouldn't change much if they let you have everyone I suppose because the way the dialogue works and I understand it's canon anyways that everyone did at least something.

But yes it really helped that there was little downtime too. Characters were reacting to weird shit not weird shit reacting to characters. Characters bantered and discussed things and mused but the plot of the spooky dream world was always first and foremost. A dangerous situation was causing them to care less about pretensions.
>>
File: guns 2.jpg (1.11 MB, 3150x3150)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>3459680
>See trailers showcasing a bunch of confidants and the promised return of guns.
>here's an air soft but your imagination lets you shoot it! That's so badass right?
Fuck you Persona 5. You goddamn pussy.
>>
>>3460225
In maki's ideal world they sell ak-47s at the conbini
>>
>>3460333
See even the original version was Americanized
>>
>>
>>3453656
>this autism.
the lyrical songs sound nothing like P3 and it's literally just the opening and main battle theme that were replaced.
>>
>>3460528
They took a slower paced moodier gamer and tried to replace the songs with catchier lyrical pop songs because that's what the newer games. It doesn't fit.
>>
>>3460528
>the lyrical songs sound nothing like P3
When you take out Lotus Juice the music honestly does sound like it'd fit in P3. Considering the same woman sung in both games it seems intentional.
>>
>Anno Domini 2024
>Oldsona newfaces still hasn't unlock Gozo-Tennoh
>>
>>3455882
Persona 1's gameplay and style was transitioning between the mainline Megami Tensei style system towards the new system that they're cooking up for the series. It's also partly the reason why you see characters from games like SMT If... and the Devil Summoner Series popping up
>>
File: monark.jpg (3.03 MB, 2880x2160)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB JPG
>>3461597
Yeah there's A LOT of influence carried over from ...If? Honestly kind of makes me want to see a game where you more or less just side with one person at a time... oh wait that's Monark. And boy did that game have some shit happen. Won't see deranged twin sister lesbian incest murder arson cock sleeves in persona.
>>
>>3461597
I wish the Persona series had leaned into team composition and positioning more, instead of doing away with it completely.
>>
>>3458901
Reboot wasn't even a familiar concept in gaming when P3 came out. It was just an evolution of the series for a new console generation.
>>
>>3462425
seeing it go full tactical might have been nice. No that not that modern 5 spinoff faggotry.
>>
>>3459682
>I mean the whole premise is that persona are the various aspects of yourself that show in different situations to different people and elements of our psyche that even we may not have been aware of. They should always be changing evolving learning and growing. But outside the SUPER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE MC LEADER-KUN nobody can change their personae? Doesn't that just speak volumes for how vapid the characters have become in these games. The whole thing just feels like it's become one of those old online "WHICH [POPULAR REFERENCE] are you" tests.

This was Freuds critique of Jung's archetypes actually. And modern Jung fans are basically "WHICH [POPULAR REFERENCE] are you" mostly, but think they are better than astrology girls. Nusona being such is actually very correct given the degradation of Jung in the modern world, which I imagine happens in Japan even more with their still thriving normie love of jungian stuff.
>>
>>3462485
It would have been neat to see characters be more mobile. Use your melee weapon? Rush to the front row. Use your gun? Drop to the back row. You could lead certain people to getting hit or avoiding attacks they are weak against.
>>
>>3462425
It's such a completely failed design in P1 you can see why they'd just drop it. Its not like it was even interesting in a single battle.
>>
>>3462716
They could have expanded and improved it rather than give it away. Now we have reached a point where persona battles are only slightly differerent from SMT3's battles, but worse due to the vastly lower difficulty and complexity.
>>
I don't get why 3 onwards act like its in continuity with the prior two titles.

In 1-2, Demons pretty much followed old school SMT rules where a Demon can just suddenly pop up in the real world one day and rape your ass while you're on the way to your local 7/11.
But in 3 onwards, Demons are some symbolic metaphorical shit that can only manifest in special realms.

Those are drastically different world rules they're following there.
>>
>>3462897
>I don't get why 3 onwards act like its in continuity with the prior two titles.
Eh. 3 came out out and 1 and 2 were still sort alive in people's memories, so it's not that surprising. But yeah, it's still weird. I mean people can say the butterfly is Philemon all they want but it ultimately doesn't really mean anything and I guess Igor's sort of the mascot now.
>>
>>3462897
Even p3 barely has easter egg continuity with the older games. Who cares
>>
>>3463143
>and I guess Igor's sort of the mascot now
Not sure this will even be the case anymore since they more or less formed the entire plot of P5 around the voice actor's death to excuse his absence.
>>
File: Igor.jpg (31 KB, 429x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>3463306
Which was stupid. I mean RIP to the guy but this is the exact kind of meta based plot retards think is clever but I hate it. There's zero reason to assume a character getting a new voice is anything beyond him having a new voice. That's not a red flag or a clue. It's the tragic real world slipping into the video game world.
>>
>>3462897
I also dislike how P3 and onwards handles personas. Doesnt p2 suggest that one of the p1 kids (now an adult) uses his persona at work? personas are very real and in the real world, but p3 seems to do away with that.
>>
>>3463337
You hate it cuz you ain’t it biyatch
Don’t be mad jus cuz you was had
>>
>>3463490
> but p3 seems to do away with that.
Even P3 has them manifest in the real world but only under specific circumstances.
It's only from P4 onwards where they pull the Personas can only manifest in schizo clown worlds shit.
>>
File: p1.gif (109 KB, 144x121)
109 KB
109 KB GIF
>>
>>3461612
If only Monark's gameplay didn't so much ass just to try to be unique. Leveling system is so fucking bad.
>>
>>3459443
The localization is pretty fucking bad, there are comparison videos that go through it thoroughly. They completely mistranslate the intent of several major scenes and the tone is all over the place.
>>
File: nozomi.jpg (419 KB, 1661x1080)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>3463630
>Leveling system is so fucking bad.
It's different, I'll give it that. I think it's functional once you can actually get some foot hold but man can you get your ass shredded if you pick the wrong fight too early. I kind of liked the game though.
>>
>>3463525
Well, it depends to be honest, in all Persona games in the event of the real and collective unconscious worlds melding Shadows (and possibly Personas, being basically Shadows that were wrangled in) can manifest. As far as I know Nyarly was the only collective unconscious construct that could actively meddle in reality freely, Nyx, Izanami and Yaldabaoth were restricted to their respective worlds and could only influence the real world through them.
>>
>>3463684
The difference with 3 is that while this shit can only happen in the dark hour, the dark hour was an overlap not a separation. Things that happened then and there effected the world around it big ways either be it apathy syndrome or the damage the full moon bosses would have caused. The Dark Hour happened on it's own time, the major bosses didn't sit around waiting for you and where coming no matter how prepared you where and while it might not have always been an IMMEDIATE threat it was still an active threat. It's not quite demons dogging your steps everywhere you go but it's at least something. Compare this too 4's TV world or the Palace/Mementos in 5 and it's pretty clear how it's different. What makes it worse 4 doesn't treat someone being kidnapped with any urgency and 5 is completely of your own actions.
>>
>>3463645
>true student council president
subtle joku

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.