[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone here get early access to this? I'm so hyped
>>
>>3454283
Brown people have always been in Suikoden btw
>>
>>3454284
>dreadlocks
Brownskin hotties with Caucasoid features, sure. Not niggers.
>>
>>3454293
POC exist, chud. Deal with it. I hope she's LGBT too.
>>
File: Bob.png (4 KB, 148x125)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>3454293
???
>>
File: Hauser.jpg (10 KB, 203x248)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>3454293
>>3454300
???
>>
File: 198px-Zenoa.png (56 KB, 198x339)
56 KB
56 KB PNG
>>3454293
>>3454300
>>3454305
???
>>
File: 321553-s3_aila.jpg (9 KB, 320x320)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>3454293
>>3454300
>>3454305
>>3454306
????????????????
>>
>>3454314
>80IQ sheboon
>green eyes
hnnnngggg
>>
>>3454309
So it's not woke cool - also that's like under 1 percent of the playable characters. (there's at least 40 PLAYABLE characters per game - always 108 to recruit)
>>
>>3454320
Quit trying to undersell the POC representation, chud. The 108 refers to the 108 African Tribes.
>>
>>3454320
>there's at least 40 PLAYABLE characters per game
around 70 actually. that you can use in combat.
>>
>>3454323
I did say at least haha (I just couldn't remember lol)
>>
>>3454283
I'm in the middle of too many games so I will play it later on, although it looks good.
>>
File: Lucia01.jpg (58 KB, 360x789)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>3454293
I prefer her younger in 2.
>>
File: 1712437486580635.jpg (52 KB, 683x509)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>3454283
The other game was really bad and I have no special attachment to Suikoden so not holding my breath. If it turns out decent that's fine but I doubt it's the savior people suspect.
>>
>>3454340
What's up with mods watching certain threads like a hawk and ignoring others? And it's usually threads on really bad games.
>>
>>3454341
>it's usually threads on really bad games.
At this point I just assume a game is shit and dont bother with it if it's a janny thread. Guess I won't bother with this one either.
>>
>>3454314
>>3454305
>>3454300
Thanks for making it clear why nobody should buy this shitty game. Hopefully this westernized Japanese company enjoys the money from Blackrock, because I'm not paying for it.
>>
>>3454392
These are from games from the early 2000s anon…
>>
>>3454392
>>3454481
In fact 2 of those 3 characters are from the 90s. It’s like saying Barrett is woke from FF.
>>
>>3454485
I'm not so sure FF7 is a good example...
>>
>>3454487
From the 1997 game Final Fantasy 7?
>>
Impossible to actually discuss games on this board.
>>
>>3454712
>on this board.
As oppossed to?
>>
>>3454283
The first one was shit, right?
65/100?
>>
>>3454793
If you mean Rising, it has a 7.1 in Metacritic. It's also a sidescroller action game and developed by Natsume with the main studiooverseeing.
So it is not indicative of what to expect from Hundred Heroes.
>>
>>3454834
Is it a good game or will hundred heroes be. Good? They got like 50m usd, right?
I doubt they write 100 good characters.
>>
File: Jeanegroup.png (301 KB, 454x342)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>3454840
Closer to 5 million dollars.
Quality can range from a 5/10 jrpg to an 8.5/9, if we go by Suikoden entries.
Of course, not all 100 characters are developed equally, some are closer to a secret/lorepiece than an actual character or help develop others. But they still help make the world and conflicts feel a bit more alive than Random NPCs and assembling the rag tag bunch is interesting in itself.
At least that's part of the Suikoden charm.
The other part was the mix of nation politics and supernatural influences for it's worldbuilding and I cannot tell you how good Eiyuden will be at that.
There is a good chance it will not get expanded further with the creator dead.
>>
>>3454848
Right, I'm unfortunately dyscalculic.
I meant 5m usd. That's still a fortune for a 2d game.
Oh, he died? Sad.

Never played suikoden, I can't get the emulator working and am hoping low key for a remake.
>>
>>3454851
>Never played suikoden, I can't get the emulator working
How in the fuck?
Fucking ePSXe ran it on my 2008 machine.
I could run them on fucking PSP.
>>
>>3454852
Using something like psx1. Was during corona.
Might giving a new try, really would like to play suikoden, maybe xeno gears, but definetly pe 1.
Are all 4 suikoden good?
>>
>>3454283
I got my copy yesterday and have been enjoying it. Just got the castle. Was surprised there wasn't more threads.
>>
>>3454860
>Are all 4 suikoden good?
There are 5. And a few spinoffs.
>>
>>3454861
What games do you like?
>>
>>3454840
Depends on what you mean by writing good characters.
If you want all of them to have a sob story and long character arcs, no, you're not going to get that, but anon here >>3454848 already explained it more than well enough so there's no point in repeating what he said.
The thing with Suikoden is that the stars of destiny are a small part of a bigger picture, you gotta vibe with that sort of writing style to begin with, otherwise it will be hard for you to appreciate what these games go for.
To me it's much more interesting than the usual JRPG ragtag group of six or so people who all inexplicably have a beef with the main villain for one reason or another and band up together, but to each their own, some can't play anything that is a personal story of a party of quirky bffs on a grand mission to stop evil, other people like me prefer games that focus on creating actual worlds, Suikoden does the latter, and does it pretty competently too.
>>
>>3454860
5 main entries. Only 1 and on are on PS1. Emulating PS2 is also easy.
Even though 1 shows it's age, it's still interesting and most people like 1&2 the most.
3 is polarized, partly due to early PS2 graphics, and how it tries viewing the same event from different perspectives and who the main villain is plus choosing who the 'main' hero ism but it's still good.
4 is the worst because it feels a bit of a regression and is a pain to go through.
5 is polished and some like it the most, but others feel like it's unoriginal or pulls too much shit out of it's ass to keep the story going.

So at the very least, I'd say try 1 and 2. They are a legit interesting part of JRPG history
>>
>>3454867
I liked rs 2 and 3 very much
>>
>>3454868
>pulls too much shit out of it's ass to keep the story going.
Too many games do this.
>>
>>3454884
Convenient circumstances always happen, but sometimes it goes too far and/or keeps the player out of the loop
>>
>>3454868
The funny part is if you moved some stuff around, you could easily interchange this post with Wild Arms.
>>
>>3454889
I watched some vids. Wouldn't play it nowadays, but they are really great games.
>>3454888
>but sometimes it goes too far
Story telling in games does suck unfortunately
>>
>>3454867
Yeah, what I liked about Sukoden was how "lived in" it feels. Most of the stars were already decently established in their own lives and they come under your banner. It might seem like most of them are just a quirk or two, and they are, but that's also sort of the point. Barring exceptions most of them are just regular people banding together, so you get shop keeps, black smiths, farmers, fishermen, career soldiers, mercenaries etc. They're not so much all active in the narration but they're all defined decently for who and what they are.

It really doesn't take much for a character to stand out. Far too often these days players confuse density for depth.
>>
>>3454840
It’s not about writing good characters lol - Suikoden has like 5 good characters and that’s it, it’s about like the vibe. It’s a vibes series. It’s about seeing your base get bigger and bigger and more crowded and lively as you recruit all the characters
>>
>>3454860
1,2 and 5 are good.
>>
>>3454840
You’re misunderstanding the series - it’s like Pokemon but with people.
>>
>>3454851
That 5 million was for the main project, Hundred Heroes. Rising was a stretch goal, a bonus game made with a fraction of the over-all budget to help with the wait for the real game. Bloodstained (another ex-Konami spiritial successor) did the same thing, releasing an 8-bit, classic Castlevania-style platformer as a stretch goal before the full game which was a 2.5D Metroidvania. IGA even consulted on the Eiyuden Chronicle kickstarter so it's likely where they got the idea.
>>
>>3454840
3 has very good character interaction and conversations, 2 also really made me care about the characters.
1 has a lot less dialog, I figure.
But 1 also is probably the most brutal about killing off people and really getting it into your head "This is a fucking war, the fate of the nation is on the line, they aren't going to be talked out of this by the MC's friendship speeches."

The Suikoden writing has some splashes of goofy anime stuff in non-serious scenes but is balanced by the serious nature of war and the consequences of rash or sometimes even well-intentioned actions.

Very few times, I almost want to say 0 times but maybe I'm forgetting - will you have a character get some power up (friendship or otherwise) then do some stupid bullshit that allows them to run into a large group of enemies and do whatever they want and save the day with no downsides.
>>
>>3454283
Mildly. Suikoden 1 and 2 are in my top 5, but my taste have changed as I've gotten older and I hate some of the aesthetic choices they've gone with. One being I hate animal people. Elves, Dwarves and Kobolds are cool, but random animal+human races annoy the shit out of me, and this has tons of them.
>>
>>3454972
Iga?
Bloodstained is shit. Esp compared to sotn.
Have you played the first eiyuden? Worth a buy?
>>
>>3455037
2 had the winged people and the animal recruits, didn't it?
Though I do agree, some things feel off like the cat people o 4. Something uncanny about them
>>
>>3455030
Sounds good. I'll try all 5 games.
>>
File: Sergeantjoe01.jpg (45 KB, 482x634)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>3455102
3 had ducks.
>>
>>3454283
I got the early access. The gameplay itself is super fun, but the npc dialogue is atrocious. I hope they fix it when the game actually releases.
>>
>>3455291
>atrocious
That's what I thought, pass.
It's as people froget hwo tu wreit
>>
>>3455293
Unfortunately I think it's just the standard in modern games. I remember in dq9 side NPCs would get their own character arcs as you progressed through the story. I would revisit angel falls in the mid/end game to see how this one farmer's horse was healing, and whether or not the farmer would get laid.

Modern games seldom do this, and it makes the world so flat and bland. You just get NPCs perpetually introducing the town for you, or saying banal statements like "welcome to [insert town name here]". I wish more games would have interesting and changing NPC dialogue
>>
>>3455291
>>3455382
Suikoden without good writing (either from the story itself or the interactions between characters when they do get lines) is absolutely worthless.
>>
>>3455386
Writing is the one thing I rarely trust opinions of (without screenshost or extended examples).
Plus, my tastes may simply be shit and I tolerate more. So I will be trying it. I have fun figuring out the elite squads of each game. I was surprised how good the winged fuckers actually are in 2. Or ninjas in 4
>>
>>3454283
It's not looking good fampai
>>
>>3455382
Haha...
>>
>>3454334
Are you one of those anons who has an entire file's worth of anime girls looking confused?
>>
File: 20240319123913_1.jpg (2.54 MB, 3840x2160)
2.54 MB
2.54 MB JPG
>>3455291
I'm hopeful the game is good, kinda liked the beta.
In addition to the dialogue being pretty terrible, the BGM variation is abyssmal.
I think I heard all of three different songs.
All the towns had the same song, iirc all the dungeons had the same music too.
>>
>>3455382
>world so flat and bland
Literally atrocious
Sotn has more flair with like 100 spoken words
>>
>>3455507
Bgm?
Ui is cancer.
>>
>>3455507
Why is there like 5 different graphical styles going one at once
>>
>>3455550
Apparently art direction just doesn't come into it with only a meager budget of 5,000,000 usd.
>>
So is it me or is the game kind of hard. Like not ball busting but they really do like to push your resources more than I remember a lot of the real suikodens doing. Not to mention throwing multiple bosses at you.
>>
>>3455589
>is the game kind of hard
Not even close, no.
>>
You also only get one accessory slot instead of three like in Suikoden.
Boring.
>>
>>3455603
Can work, if itemization is great. I do expect 2 rings, brooch, relic, rune and maybe artifact or so.
>>
>>3455603
Are the consumables available in a command now?
>>
>>3454341
Idk, but getting a perma for something as harmless as spamming Sage unleashed some sort of rage within one of them here.
>>
>>3455539
Good UI is an absolute dead art form it's crazy
>>
>>3455605
It goes
Weapon
-character dependent- Shield
Helmet
Armor
Accessory

Every character has a separate rune equipment page. Looks like most characters will get between 4 and 7ish slots to equip different functions.
Slots are locked to certain types, like one slot will allow stat-up runes, and one allows magic functionality.

>>3455606
Yeah, every character gets Item command to use items from inventory. Makes healing magic redundant, at least early game.
Don't know if it expands, but you start with 30 inventory slots for regular items. Like Suikoden medicines only stack to 6. So, if you want 18 medicines, that's 3 slots, etc.
>>
>>3455735
Well, you can't change weapons, only upgrade them.
>>
>>3455735
Yeah, if consumables are not part of a slot, that changes dynamics a bit
>>
>>3455688
Well, why bother if people eat up slop?
>>3455735
Neat, almost as many options as ff2, a 34y old game.
>>
>>3455773
>Neat, almost as many options as ff2, a 34y old game.
What else do you want as an equipment slot?
>>
>>3455795
Boots, ring, brooch, gloves, armbands, scrolls there are plenty of options that devs ignore.
>>
>>3455797
You mistake actual mechanical depth with feature bloat, it's pointless to drown in multiple types of possible equipment types and slots if there's no mechanical reason to have them in the first place, the more things you add to a game the harder it is to balance it too, which is why games tend to stick to a more modest amount of equipment slots and types.
Something like Dragon Dogma had several equipment slots and none of the mattered because there wasn't really any sort of mechanical depth to it, they were just there for the feature bloat, and to a lesser degree the visual fashion.
>>
>>3455807
All valid points.
It's possible to balance 7 slots though. Like gauntlets don't add def, just a singular bonus or rings not addi g to stays, but manipulating skills aso. Devs are mainstreaming too much.
The result is slop.
>>
>>3455822
It certainly is possible in theory, even though I myself never actually witnessed such a thing, it also requires a lot of time and work, and an entire system that makes those choices worth considering in the first place, which is in itself a massive endeavour since again, the more moving parts you add the harder it is to keep everything working well.
Also consider a detail that is very specific to these games: You have A LOT of characters, having to juggle around seven or more equipment slots for 50+ characters is not a wise choice as most people will get tired of menuing very quickly, and these games have never been for the hardcore number crunching niche of RPG players in the first place.
>>
>>3455507
Oh man it’s gonna be bad isn’t it? Damn, well at least this game made Konami rerelease 1 & 2.
>>
>>3454283
POZZED
>>
>>3455797
But what does that serve that weapon. helmet, armor, accessory don't? You just end up with a system like Diablo 2 where you have 100 charms in your inventory.
>>
>>3454283
i tested it, it was garbage.
the combat is poorly designed and the story was cringe
>>
>>3455507
>tokkōfuku-wearing yankee
He’s staying in my party forever.
>>
>>3455828
This is true. 100 characters are a lot.
IMHO it's a stupid decision, as writing had to suffer for it.
You are right though, rather two equipment pieces with a fun and versatile system aroundb it, than plenty of empty options.
>>
>>3455922
More equipment means a smoother power curve for upgrades.
It allows for specialization; like weapons are obviously damage, boots are often movement, rings for resistances, etc. Specialization also makes it a lot easier to compare upgrades instead of having to try mixing and matching parts to get enough of a resistance or whatever.
Each slot being less substantial also means you can have equipment rewards from lesser activities.
A bunch of these are good options for games that want to have armor as cosmetic as they don't interfere or require graphical work.
Charms were an entirely different thing where as you said you trade inventory space for a character bonus. This is overblown as you would never get those 1 skill charms to fill your inventory anyway; you would be lucky to get a single one.

If armor is just plus 1 defense, then yeah why even have it at all.
>>
>>3455688
I'm under the assumption companies have all used unpaid interns for UI the last 20 years.
>>
>>3456144
Depends on the damage formula. In ys origin one can grind for like three minutes to afford a +1 def upgrade for armor, this negates 50-90% damage from mobs and like 10% from bosses.
>>
>>3456135
A good chunk of these characters are shop managers you recruit, lore pieces from a region who join your cause and then just have some comments or hidden super characters.
Like, hiring Georg in 2 is not extra cost for the writing team. Or the elevator/glass guys.

It's usually 2 dozen characters/NPCs that get involved frequently. 2 done more who are important for a specific point of the plot and the rest are there to make the world/army more alive
>>
>>3454311
You "deserve" absolutely nothing.
>>
>>3456189
Meaning it's false advertising.
I do appreciate the approach to breathe a little life into npcs.
>>
>>3456204
>Meaning it's false advertising.
Hey, the dude who helps you not climb stairs all the time is a fucking hero.
>>
>>3456204
I mean if you know it's a suikoden successor not really. The main appeal of the games is watching your base become more and more alive as you recruit unique npcs/items ect.
>>
>>3456208
Still haven't played it. Will start after finishing rs3 and ys origin.
Ys origin is clearly ultra low budget (~300k), yet a solid game.
>>
>>3456212
Yeah, Ys is cool. I'm a bit meh on the artstyle but I still like it. I'd skip suiko 1 first and just play
2. (Or wait for the remakes.)
>>
>>3456217
Remakes or remasters?
Ys origin artstyle is nu-anime tranny edition. It's really bad. Which is puzzling, as every character has like 3 images, so they kinda could've invested 500 usd more for good results, but whatever.
Gameplay is fun for like 15m or so and that's already more than 80% of all games achieve.
>>
>>3456222
I guess it's more of a remaster yeah - they are retranslating/remaking assets though.
>>
>>3456225
Remake would likely be split in 23 parts, like ff, lol.
>>
>>3455940
He's also legitimately one of the best (if not THE best) characters in the game
>>
>>3456394
I like non standard characters and designs being strong. Running with Sheena and Wakaba in S2 was fun
>>
>>3455940
One of the things I do like about the game is, you can kick any party required characters into convoy and have your own party, not just the game decides when to convoy story NPCs.
>>
File: equipment.jpg (833 KB, 1728x1944)
833 KB
833 KB JPG
>>3455735
rune slots and equipment screens
>>
>>3456455
I assume rune affinities and unique runes still exist.
>>
>>3456456
Those runes that have gold outline can't be unequipped iirc and are gained upon leveling up and not empty slots to be affixed.
Whether they're unique, I don't know.
The 4 that are unlocked in that picture, Garr, Nowa, Iugo, and Lian's are all physical attack special moves that cost SP and not MP to use.
>>
>>3454283
Yes, been backing this for years now on kickstarter.
>>
>>3454906
>what I liked about Sukoden was how "lived in" it feels
Same here anon. It really feels like you're part of a bigger world that's going to go on with or without you. The amount of detail is a big part of it. Not many games pull that off.
>>
File: シロウ.png (1.32 MB, 576x1234)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
>>3456394
I'm happy to hear that. Unsurprisingly I loved having Shiro around in Suikoden II too. Fantasy delinquents are just a fun idea to me.
>>
About 5 hours in and I'm currently going through the Abandoned Mine. Whew lads, this is quite the early game dungeon. Been in here almost 40 minutes, I'm digging it.
Sucks I started unlocking all the first rune slots in here, since teleporting out to equip them doesn't seem too practical.
>>
Are the loading times any better than the beta? That is what stood out to me.
>>
Got a 33/40 in Famitsu, which is the same score they have Saga: Emerald Crash.
>>
>>3457721
I'm playing it on PS5 now, whereas I played the PC steam beta. I don't notice them, if that's saying anything.
>>3456978
Recruiting characters feels a bit weird. They join fairly underleveled, so it's like the characters you recruit early on are snowballing in exp and stats, dwarfing any new recruit. Tried playing with the first 2-spot character you get, and I don't see any upside to warrant her use. Stats of Yume vs Kuroto, both at lvl 6 are nuts. Kuroto has 27 more hp than her, and 2 less str, equal Def since he has a shield. Can't see any benefit.
Also did I miss something? Why isn't Mio usable after the prologue?
>>
>>3457722
>Famitsu
you mean the guys that gave the yakuza jrpgs a perfect score twice in a row
>>
>>3457721
Forgot to mention, I read someone got a Switch copy early and it's performance isn't great. Haven't seen it in action.
>>3457759
Just got this Giginigga for example, and just 3 levels below, Yusuke is flexing hard on this mf.
>>
>>3457759
They say Mio is off on a mission.
She came back right at the end of the beta test, so I dont' know what happens after that.
I wanted to use little lion dance dude but didn't realize you could shove Lian and Garr into the non-battle-party shithole until later and didn't bother to go back.
>>
>>3457785
I felt like that is what was said, but couldn't remember and there is no log.
I played the test, but stopped after the 6 month gap, feeling I had played enough. Good to know she shouldn't be too far from where I am.
I was thinking about shelving Lian, but the armor pierce feels too good. Her Hero Combo with Nowa doesn't seem worth it though.
>>
>>3457787
I'll probably shelve Lian this time around if they didn't lower her jap VA volume.
I couldn't get their combo to ever work, don't know why. Even with both of em at maxed SP.
>>
>>3457787
Nowa and Lian's combo tends to work out well so far in my experience. It seems to have a high crit rate, to the point that I've only seen it not crit once, and does a bit more damage than having them both use their 2 SP moves separately.
>>
I don't really get how war works.
>>
Man I really want to keep Mio in my party. She's my favorite design by a mile but her damage out put is just so bad.
>>
>>3457838
If this is anything like Suikoden it really won't matter because those were really easy. You could play with a team entirely made of underdogs.
>>
>>3457838
If she has a single unite attack with a decent unit, you are fine
>>
>>3457850
Enemies seem to have a lot more HP than your typical Suikoden.
>>
>>3457835
Rich people send their political undesirables off to die so they can't grow to oppose them. Then they have a good laugh about it with their 3rd cousin who rules the other country they are 'at war' with.
>>
The action game let you stay way ahead of the difficulty curve if you upgraded gear when it let you.
>>
>>3457877
sobering
>>
>>3454284
The /pol/zoomzooms really embarrassed themselves in this thread.
>>
File: Reyna_profile.png (1.67 MB, 1909x1952)
1.67 MB
1.67 MB PNG
How good is this character because she's one of the few appealing recruits I've seen in the roster
>>
>>3457897
I'm not really sure what the game wants me to do to recruit her?
>>
File: Momo_Gardestein.png (547 KB, 1012x1520)
547 KB
547 KB PNG
This character will probably be the lastest shitposting material in the coming days. Glad this game is somewhat niche.

>>3457900
50% health in three turns, not easy to do. Might have to wait until the last minute to recruit her (there is a cutoff point for the good ending/last recruit)
>>
Are there timer-sensitive quests in this game like Clive’s?

>>3458085
Is it a guy?
>>
>>3457886
It was an obvious false flag
>>
>>3458129
A bunch of /v/ discord trannies that don't realize vrpg has about 20 active posters and a natural eiyuden chronicles thread has about 12 replies before going to archives 6 months after it was posted
>>
What are the "attendant" slots for? Are they slots for required party members you don't want to use?
>>
>>3458492
Yep.
>>
The XP scaling in suikoden for underlevelled characters was so explosive it didn't bother me to be forced to use them in the party. It was like 3 fights before they'd be caught up from level 1
>>
>>3456978
I teleported out to equip runes. Once you unlock the shortcut, you can bypass half the dungeon and get back there in 3-4 encounters, since the vast majority of your time is spent exploring optional areas for treasure chests.
I'm not overly impressed by the magic runes at this point in the game, since even the single target earth spell eats like 35 MP.
>>
Having trouble recruiting Lam. I got the info from the diviner that I needed to talk to the old drunk warrior guy from the main Asia town, then he had me add him to the party and go to one of the other Asia towns, there was a cutscene for entering and I talked to everyone checked all the buildings used all the stores and nothing, nothing on exiting thr town either. Wondering if it may be a bug since the game isn't technically out yet and has gotten a few patches between when my copy came in on Saturday and now.
>>
>>3458574
I checked around on the reddit and yeah this seems like a bug.
>>
>>3458574
apparently she's bugged if you speak to her at all before having the required character (old man riufan) in your party, really nasty bug since she's a very good party member
>>
>>3458507
absolute best thing about suikoden 1
i've never played a game with such near perfect level scaling of new members
>>3458575
>>3458604
just saw i received my steam code, but i don't really feel like getting invested and hit a bunch of bugs
its not that big of a deal but eh
they already said there shipping out a day 0 update on like the 20th
probably a day 1 update too if i had to guess
>>
Didn't realise the Steam code would be active now and I could play it. Also didn't realise save transfer was a thing. Played an hour and so far the gameplay seems bland, does the combat actually get more mechanicaly interesting or is staring at the pretty team combos the peak of it?
>>
I regret getting the Switch version, it runs like dogshit.
>>
>>3458575
>>3458604
Guess I'll just take a break until the next update then. Or just run around doing beigoma battles or something.
>>
I got about 30 some odd hours into the game. Heading off to elves and while I'd say I LIKE the game I'm not super excited by it either. True to the developers word it very much feels like Suikoden but that's almost kind of a problem in itself. And I know it was the whole selling point but I think that might be something that sounds better on paper than in actual practice because all I can think of when playing it is another series. I'll probably give it a break to wait for the coming patch to hopefully fix some stuff but I have very conflicting feelings about all these "spiritual successor" type deals.
>>
>>3457838
Why does she have a higher magic stat than strength? Iugo is straight up better if you want a samurai. Same with Francesca, who starts off with a healing rune but is slow as fuck, yet at the same time she has sky-high strength and magic, with an SP skill that boosts her magic even more.
>>
>>3458822
Is the version you're currently playing "complete" in terms of content and only some polish is missing or is it like an early access game with parts/features clearly not complete yet?
>>
>>3458102
No, and yes.

>>3458991
It's "complete", but the current version is very under-cooked, it still needs patches/polish. Hopefully the day 1 patch (that's supposed to release tomorrow?) will fix some of the remaining bugs (Like Lam's recruitment)

The game was very clearly rushed out the door. I'm guessing 505 finally forced them to step it up and ship it out.
>>
File: homely grub.png (151 KB, 784x226)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
What did you name your specialty food in Eiyuden Rising? I guess I appreciate that it shows up in trading.
>>
>>3459069
>yes
Oh dear. I can only hope it doesn't become a big deal.
>>
squishy characters don't seem super viable on hard mode
>>
>>3459161
>I can only hope it doesn't become a big deal.
4chan has never shitposted about those kinds of characters before. Don't worry.
>>
I'm in the mine dungeon chasing those bandits now. This is actually a pretty good dungeon, I'm impressed.
>>
File: 1713011867862055.png (518 KB, 688x835)
518 KB
518 KB PNG
>>3459209
don't be a brainlet like me and not notice there's a 30 item limit in your bag when you're half way through the dungeon and out of space
>>
File: momo.png (1018 KB, 1073x608)
1018 KB
1018 KB PNG
>>3459161
Momo is pretty much just another Bridget. Their whole shtick is "Cuteness"

Don't worry too much about it.

>>3459209
The dungeons in general are all pretty good.
>>
>TFW the only characters left to recruit are from all the annoying mini games I hate playing
>>
I'm reading a sequel was already greenlit?
>>
>>3459300
Where? What's the context? By whom?
>>
>>3459342
Rabbit and Bear Studios in a reddit AMA. Reading the exact questions and answers in their context makes me think it's less definitive than the reporting portrays it. It's more of a "of course the goal is a sequel, as long as there's enough interest."
>>
>>3459210
Use those herbs. The game showers you in them and they clog up your inventory fast.
>>
>>3459210
>>3459400
It gets upgraded eventually anyways.
>>
>>3454860
1, 2, 3, and 5 were good. The rest were garbage. 2 was the best.
>>
>>3459494
While 2 is probably the best overall, 5 has the apex of the series in the Arshtat/Sun Rune scene. So fucking good.
>>
Whoever was the retard that thought not picking your own name for the HQ was a good idea should fucking rope holy shit these suggestions are all shit
>>
File: 1696995882808196.webm (1 MB, 576x1024)
1 MB
1 MB WEBM
>>3459588
I went with Meow Meow Town
>>
>>3459588
Yeah, I always struggle with names in general but that was a bit lame. Is there a way to see what other players are naming their shit? Because I imagine this kind of thing would be done in case some one wanted to name their castle something offensive. Which would be extra lame.
>>
File: vandal.gif (829 KB, 280x210)
829 KB
829 KB GIF
Getting a NOT-Suikoden is swell and all but I really wish someone would make a Not-Vandal Hearts.
>>
>>3459238
>Their
>>
>>3459720
I don't think Vandal Hearts really has a signature selling point beyond fountains of blood. If anything, someone might look at VH2's asynchronous turn-based system and take that as key aspect.
>>
File: vandal hearts ad.jpg (492 KB, 1280x1676)
492 KB
492 KB JPG
>>3459774
As much as I adore the original it is a shame the series never really managed to carve out an identity. Which is kind of shame because we really only saw a small portion of the world so there was certainly more to explore in terms of its history and setting.
>>
File: 86753097j.gif (852 KB, 540x376)
852 KB
852 KB GIF
Suikoden 4 isn't garbage.
>>
>>3459869
If that game had a way to rush the no encounters rune I'd replay it. Its as lightweight as suikoden 1 except with 25 hours of forced shit combat
>>
File: tetsudo town.png (1.21 MB, 991x768)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>3459588
What the fuck.
>>
>>3459894
It really should have had a fifth slot that was just entering your own. I'm bad at thinking up names for things so having the option to select from a list was nice but it would have been better to let people who are able to think of good names enter their own.
>>
>>3459774
>vandal hearts 2
that still has to be the wildest beginning I've ever played

>town massacred
>mayor executed
>HEAVILY implied rape
>river full of corpses and blood
>child turned into a pin cushion
>>
Am I crazy in thinking that the inns are overpriced?
>>
Some characters definitely suck. Yume, Galdorf, plenty of others. And hard mode is definitely pretty hard - especially in the boss fights. I haven't actually lost yet, but I've come close. It doesn't seem viable to use some of these crappier characters. Maybe more character building options become available as you unlock rune slots to make these bad characters more viable, but as it stands it seems like there's no reason to ever use some of them.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.92 MB, 1280x720)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>3460096
i've been using yume all game on hard mode, she's pretty tanky but i would almost certainly be better off with 2 other characters

i pretty much only look at defense/magic defense/HP when deciding which characters to bring otherwise this happens >>3459162
>>
>>3460117
Some games harder difficulty means more fun others added tedium. Having to be picky about your party roster is certainly not fun in a game with over 100 recruitables.
>>
>>3460096
Are there buffs, debuffs, and a guard command? Are you actually using them?

I assume it's the usual badly designed battle syst ems and ailments/status effects are useless (bosses are basically immune).
>>
File: 1692332565693762.jpg (147 KB, 512x384)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>3460129
there is equipment/runes that increase defense/hp so weaker characters might be made viable with some effort

i'm only 20ish hours in so i don't know if things change drastically later
>>
>>3460132
Yeah. Actually, one thing that's really good is that different characters have different defend commands. One character's defend might make them dodge better for 3 turns, another character's defend makes them take half damage. There's one character who's otherwise not very good, but has a defend command that makes them take only 1/10th damage, so they're clearly a big defense character. But there is one guy who has a charge defense - the more he defends, the stronger his next attack will be. He is really, really powerful.

I also don't think it's badly designed or anything, the combat in hard mode is pretty fun, it's just that I'm still pretty early on and I haven't unlocked enough rune slots to really start customizing characters. I've found a couple runes that seem to potentially change up how characters function.
>>
>>3459895
>I'm bad at thinking up names for things
That's why someone on your squad always offers the perfect name of Orange.

>>3459948
Once you get Carrie there's never a reason to use an Inn.
>>
>>3460096
I've said it up above, but Mio is depressingly weak. I think she's cool as hell but good lord that damage is so low. My spell casters hit harder.

>>3460135
You can really tweak them so they can keep up. I gave Mio and pretty impressive stat boost accessory I got from the medal guy and some runes to get her on point but the problem is that since you have to give her the stat runs to make her catch up you don't really get to give her a fun rune to really play with it.
>>
>>3460200
Is the best age old reference in the game, though?
>>
>>3460206
Yes. Kind of. They give you a different name but you can reply with a made up bizarre pseudonym.
>>
is it just me or is this game kind of, idk, boring? I'm only like two hours in but this is such a weak first impression for a Suikoden successor
>>
Who are the broken characters? Anyone early on?
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.07 MB, 3840x2160)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
i discovered that you can finish every single cooking battle using this setup
>>
>>3460226
I wouldn't go far as to say it's boring, but after 30-40 hours it really does feel like it's kind of just going through the motions. It does a good few things well but it also feels like it's not much interested in changing things up. It's like a really good cover band. It's been enjoyable, good even, but when you think a bout the song you'll always flash to the original and not the cover
>>
Fucking Sparklestone
>>
>>3460249
You're in the wrong woods. Go to the middle more northish ones.
>>
>>3460250
Is it not past the first guard? Where you can get Mystic Lumber?
>>
>>3460251
I don't remember. They might show up in the first section though.
>>
>>3460231
Yusuke. He can practically carry you the entire game.
Fran and Falward (can be recruited as soon as you obtain HQ) also have healing unite attack
>>
Is the menu being a laggy piece of shit a Switch only thing or is it like that on every platform? I really regret getting this on Switch.
>>
>>3460315
Menus are fine on PC.
>>
Damn the fact that you can’t name your own base has really got me considering not buying it.
>>
>>3460370
I mean I agree it's a major bummer but that should hardly be the breaking point.
>>
File: flik victor.jpg (159 KB, 1100x755)
159 KB
159 KB JPG
I'm sort of having a hard time connecting with any of the plot or characters. There's some cool designs scattered about but even the story characters just aren't terribly super engaging in how they relate to the plot and the narrative almost feels non existent. Like we've barely engaged with the enemy at all almost. The series almost always kept it's cast of characters simple but the major ones at least felt like they had a stronger connection to the world and region they were set up in. In 1 you could really sense the Scarlet Moon Empires growing corruption. In 2 Luca was a monster on the lose. 3 had a bunch of cloak and dagger pointing the various factions at each other and 5 had you trying to take back your home. Even IV had magic WMDs laying waste to places. But I just don't really sense any urgency or threat from the Dux here. Fuck, you can even go back to most of the places that have been conquered and talk to the enemy grunts like it's no big deal. More to point I don't feel like I've done any real progress in terms of growing my forces. The game just kind of has a weird empty feeling.
>>
>>3460385
I get it, but the names are so shit… like Dunan Castle is so inoffensive. Those ones… ugh. My favourite part of the games is watching your base grow but damn, kinda sours it a bit for me.
>>
The runes all seem shitty and quite frankly I miss True Runes. MC not having a unique McGuffin is lame.
>>
Did some people get it early or something?
>>
The game has so many odd little near misses. Makes me wonder how much of it is just that having Konami's professionalism aided that final polish, and how much is just that the director was probably in agony dying of cancer.
>>
>>3460407
Kickstarter backers got earlier this week.
>>
File: nerthus.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
The single WORST designed fight in JRPG history.
>>
>>3460416
I need to check my stuff then. I missed it.
>>
>>3460402
Seriously it feels like the only way to do any decent damage is characters with strong regular attacks or hero combos. Magic is worthless outside of a group heal.
>>
>>3460419
Why is dog guy's sprite always so much more pixelated than every one else
>>
>>3460419
Eh. It's not really that bad. It's just a coin flip mechanic.
>>
>>3460431
It's just boring. I don't know if I was over leveled or something but the boss could barely damage me at all so you were basically just waiting to get it right.
>>
>>3460431
>lose coin flip 12 turns in a row
>die because it has 1k health and expects you to break its armor with the hammer
>on Hard mode it literally cheats on some turns and will change where it is to dodge what you pick, on Normal mode it doesn't do this and is a true 50/50
>>3460434
if your level is a double digit going into it, you're over levelled
>>
>>3460435
>playing hard mode on an unbalanced title pre-day 1 patch
lmao
>>
>>3460435
>if your level is a double digit going into it, you're over levelled
What was I supposed to do this at level three or some shit? You fly up levels. Though bizarrely once you hit forty or so the XP drop seems to come to a screeching halt. There's some balance issues at work here.
>>
>>3460443
Your party gets out of the Golem fight at 6-7, Mellore shows up literally in front of your face and tells you where to go to recruit her and she also joins at level 6. Unless you run around in circles grinding or ignore her to go a completely different direction you'll be 8 pushing 9 when you reach the boss.
>>
>>3460435
Can't help you. I won, so there we go.
>>
>Managed to recruit the card game character just by buying a shit ton of card and slamming down the ones with the highest numbers after like 7 attempts

Time to never touch this shit again. Now I just need to figure out how to cheat at beyblade and cooking for their recruits.. Mini games are stupid.
>>
>>3460247
It's so hilarious yet pretty sad that this works. Also as if this wasn't funny enough, judges all seem to always unanimously hate the opposing cook's lineup, consistently scoring 0-2's.
There are so many funny, silly things with this game. I don't think it's bad, but it certainly isn't great. Don't see myself revisiting it ever and I've replayed 1, 2 and 5 almost yearly since their respective releases.
>>
File: 1705049365236685.jpg (70 KB, 640x627)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>Seign's section on hard mode

bet this is going to filter people back to normal difficulty
>>
File: tortoise.gif (330 KB, 220x124)
330 KB
330 KB GIF
>>3460531
>TFW you were so used to having dash boots and you left them on Nowa
>>
The lack of qols is annoying
>No dialogue log
>No quest note
>>
jrpgfaggots talking about difficulty is laughable
>>
>>3460668
trannies randomly entering threads to complain about things they do not like are laughable
>>
>>3460670
Jarpigs are the trannies thoughbeit. Where there is tranime, there is AGP.
>>
>>3460670
I've been here since the beginning bitch I will complain about whatever I please
>>
>3460783
>Tranime
Hello, election tourist.
>>
>>3459162
>>3460117
I'm at the Astraea fight now. I think you're right. HP/Defense are the only two important stats. You also just have to have someone casting group heal every single turn.
>>
>>3460833
Also, stats seem really important. 10 points in any one stat causes a huge difference.
>>
As a backer, I'm liking it so far, but it's so jarring to not have music while fishing. Damn shame about Mio - something about her VA doesn't sync up with the character portrait for some reason.
>>
>>3460850
switch to JP voices
>>
Most of the english VA seems pretty awful, except for a few standouts like Perrielle
>>
The Francesca/Falward hero combo is one of the best in the game, but Francesca is such a shitty character. It's worth bringing her along just for it, but she dies constantly.
>>
What version is the latest one patch wise? 1.01 or 1.02?
>>
>>3454300
literal feral animal. what did konami mean by this?
>>
Reviews are starting to trickle in:
https://youtu.be/8YYU6z0IWJg
>>
>>3460984
>The switch version runs like a dumpster fire and looks like the trash inside that dumpster.
Uh oh.
>>
>>3460984
Works fine on my 'eck.
>>
>>3460984
I don't know why anyone would have picked Switch for it, it wasn't planned for it originally and was planned for the next (assumedly stronger) Nintendo console along with the PS4/5, PC, and Xbox. It was never going to work well honestly, but it works great on PS5 and PC at least.
>>
>>3461017
>I don't know why anyone would have picked Switch for it
There are a lot of retarded nintendies on this site, this is important information.
>>
>>3461017
On the other hand, what the fuck does this game do that is so demanding?
Did Octopath run trash in Switch too?
>>
>>3460855
Perry sounds like the only professional actor in the entire dub. Everyone else sounds like they walked off the street.
>>
>>3461022
Octopath 1 was a timed exclusive and took a lot of Nintendo money to help get it across the finish line, so it ran quite well for the most part. Eiyuuden is multiplat, and I'm assuming they knew how their backers were spread across the platforms.
>>
File: 1696906173482823.png (979 KB, 814x828)
979 KB
979 KB PNG
>>3461022
kickstarter curse

Iga's castlemania game was also a disaster on Switch
>>
There is something going on when bringing up the menu and closing it quickly, the bottom text stays on screen for a few ms while fps tanks
hope they fix that shit since it's so easy to reproduce just open menu and close
>>
File: mehtoko.jpg (27 KB, 172x242)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>One city gets over run by the undead
>Except you can still go back and visit it and all the shops and every are completely undisturbed
>None of the zombies even attack you if you talk to them but there's some shit fluff dialogue about how bad this is

You got to be kidding me with this shit.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.97 MB, 1920x1080)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB WEBM
>>3460894
every time i try a hero combo, i feel like i might have been better off acting individually
>>
>>3461044
Yeah, I really wish they made the amount of damage done by attacks more visible in a way. Are the combos doing hundreds in damage or just a flat amount?
>>
You think there will be any patches on release date? I can play the game already, and it plays well, but just wondering should I continue or wait 2 days in case they drop a patch and fuck up my saves.
>>
>>3461049
Aside from recruitment, the game does not have that many flags/events to be fucked up by a patch
>>
>>3461049
There will 100% be a day 1 patch, since there are some major bugs that lock you out of characters.
>>
>>3461049
I'm really hoping the Lam bug gets patched soon. Because If I can't recruit her due to a bug, It saves me the trouble of having to play the goddamn stupid beyblade mini game because I already won't be getting a full recruitment and I don't care about the characters it brings.
>>
>>3461052
uh, how about the bug that makes it so higher refresh rates on monitors = less random encounters?
>>
>>3461029
They either can't be bothered to optimize or have spaghetti code or engine issues. Over 7 seconds to enter battle and 3 to leave is unacceptable even for the switch. Framerate drops on the world map is not surprising for switch but the battle load is a joke. There are games that look way better that run just fine on the switch.

Perhaps in time they will be able to lower those load times with a patch to more acceptable levels but as of now the devs have said nothing.

It's an interesting choice when you consider the PS5 might as well be dead in Asia at this point but I digress. Looks like it's the gamepass version for me if I can't play in bed I'll play it cheap instead.
>>
>>3460990
>my 'eck.
Jontron please.
>>
Yume doesn't seem worth it for the 2x slots
>>
PC version leaked. Time to complain about shit you got for free.
>>
Review, this one is harsh:

>Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is a game that tries to model everything it does on the Suikoden games of yesteryear. As with many "spiritual successors crowdfunded with big names from the original release attached" this falls into the trap where you see what they're going for, but undershoot the mark at almost every chance.

>Suikoden fans will likely enjoy themselves, but won't be overly excited. For others who didn't have much exposure to those particular classic JRPG titles, this isn't going to be the introduction you want. Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes is another perfect example of a Kickstarter game that hasn't achieved its inspiration and has suffered from stretch goal bloat and scope mismanagement.

https://techraptor.net/gaming/reviews/eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes-missed-expectations-and-mismanaged-scope
>>
>>3461071
I'd say it about sums up my feelings pretty accurately. I'm just going through the game and I keep thinking "this is what suikoden did and better."
>>
>>3461071
>5.5
Man, same website gave sea of mid 7.5 that game is way worse and not a real jrpg. Shitty reviewers.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.76 MB, 1280x720)
3.76 MB
3.76 MB WEBM
burger comedy
>>
>>3461078
LMAO
>>
File: soul eater.png (103 KB, 340x340)
103 KB
103 KB PNG
The game just feels like it lacks cohesion or weight. I hate to say it but it really does feel like we're running through the motions. Some things are good in the immediate sense but there's no real tangible connection between anything. No lasting consequences. We want to stop the Duke because the Duke is bad but we never see him do much all that bad. There's all these different animal races but aside from the Sharks they don't really feel like they have their own place or identity or home to where you want to unify. Nowa has no real stake in the battle beyond being a meddler and Perry's narrative but even that doesn't really carry weight and for as important as these Primal Lenses are supposed to be there hasn't really been a lot done with them. Nowa doesn't get one or become embroiled in a history and mythology. There's no curse of the Soul Eater, no reliving of history of the Rune of Beginning or the Fire Bringing. There's just... nothing. The world is uninteresting. There's no legends. There's just nothing. I don't know if I'd go as low as 5.5 but the more I think about the story and game the more I just lose interest in any of it.
>>
>>3461091
Do other Primal Lenses show up in the story or do they just focus on hitting the old Suikoden beats?
>>
>>3461044
Yeah, I agree. Most of them are pretty bad. I'm trying to use all of the characters and keep them all at generally the same level, which is pretty easy if you have Cassandra in support. I'm testing out most of the hero combos, and a handful are excellent. Riufan + Lam is extremely good. But yeah, so far Francesca + Falward is the best by a lot.
>>
>>3461042
Didn't that exact thing happen in Earthbound?
>>
>>3460984
wew lad he ripped it apart
>>
>>3461071
In a vacuum this would be pretty reasonable but so many other games are also completely fucking derivative and get a free pass so I dunno.
>>
File: milana.png (1.5 MB, 1614x1834)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB PNG
>>3461170
There's a few here and there but they don't really have any identity beyond HERE'S A PRIMAL LENS. Insofar as I've seen they're all functionally the same kind of plot device. The primal lens held by the vampire is for all intents the same as the one you see early on. There's no like SOUL EATER or NIGHT rune or any of them with a story and history attached. And this is kind of the major problem. They say they're important but we don't really know why, what they're for or how they even matter.

Like you even get a necromancer in your group and it's obvious she's meant to be the Sierra of the game but she just shows up as a random recruit. She's optional. If you have her she'll insist on going to the vampire fight and make some demands and it's meant to be funny but she doesn't have the same connection or any connection to plot the way Sierra did with Neclord. Your party is there for a big showdown with the vampire too but he didn't really do anything the same way 2's did with Viktor. He's there just because Suikoden 2 did it. And that's this game.
>>
>>3461264
God it's so very disappointing that they did nothing with Primal Lenses. I should have my MC and a few others with them for fucks sake. That was always one of the major appeals to Suikoden. Now runes are just useless more often than not, magic is garbage in this game. Can't believe they fucked up something so easy.
>>
>>3461213
I don't know. I never really played it. But the thing is they make such a huge fuss over us having to escape and evacuate the town, but I guess it's business as usual for the local shops. It's just one constant deflation of tension after another. It's like the game is afraid to commit to anything harsh.
>>
File: riou.png (57 KB, 170x193)
57 KB
57 KB PNG
>>3461269
They're not just the symbol of the rebellion a lot of the time but generally a major source of the initial conflict and the reason why the hero has to carry the burden in the first place. By all normal accounts I don't think Nowa is too bad a lead really but without a true rune or equivalent and stronger personal connection to the plot there's just not much of an impact. Even when his town gets burned down it's perfectly okay with nobody so much as singed. I'm not saying I want a dark and edgy game but there's just nothing here.
>>
>>3461272
I wonder if the game coming in at E10(!) had something to do with this. Why didn't they go for T at least, considering that people who played the original games when they came out are adults now?
>>
File: s1 cover.jpg (22 KB, 480x360)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>>3461280
You know I didn't even notice the age ranking on it. But that is really weird now that you pointed it out. Most of the other games were at least rated T (for teen) so maybe? But surprisingly the first game was rated KtoA and that didn't have the problem of a lack of edge or drama so I don't know WTF.
>>
>>3454848
>>3454867
>The thing with Suikoden is that the stars of destiny are a small part of a bigger picture, you gotta vibe with that sort of writing style to begin with, otherwise it will be hard for you to appreciate what these games go for.
>Of course, not all 100 characters are developed equally, some are closer to a secret/lorepiece than an actual character or help develop others.
This. I feel like over the past ten years as Suikoden II has grown more present in the popular consciousness and begun to be revered its gone through a sort of revisionist history where the superfans making YouTube videos or articles about it overexaggerated stuff like "You get 108 unique characters who all have their own motivations!" In Suikoden 1 there is literally a character whose only job is to stand next to the front door and say "Welcome to our castle." (With his second line being "Boy I love saying that!"). In Suikoden 2 you find a woman whose only job is to do laundry, which I think isn't actually even tied to any mechanics, the creators just wanted to give you a person who'd do the army's laundry.

Suikoden I and II had a good cast because the main few characters (particularly in II) were grounded and dealt with more personal issues that made them feel more human. The rest of the cast were a collection of freaks and (sometimes literal) clowns whose job it was to have a specific skill for battle or a way to augment your castle. In II the devs had enough sense to just make wrap those traits in the blanket of having a cool design or entertaining personality. I think people going into this game expecting a 100 character cast with Persona or FE-level character development for everyone were being led on by people who only half-remembered the OG games.

I don't know what Eiyuden's gameplay is like I'm going to wait to pick it up Friday for Switch, hopefully a patch will be out by then, but I think the game still looks great so far.
>>
>>3461294
>spoiler
You might be waiting a while. I remember that Bloodstained took like a year to be playable on the Switch.
>>
File: Hakugin.png (848 KB, 1014x1793)
848 KB
848 KB PNG
>>3461294
Well I don't want to dissuade you but I do like having a segue to my next railing point but does anyone else kind of just NOT like most of the recruits? Like there's a good few that look decently cool like the ninja, and you got your FUNCTIONAL ones which are...fine. But something about the way they're inserted into the game is just kind of... uninteresting. And it's not like suikoden never had any duds but I feel like there's a real lack of verisimilitude and it just feels like a random collection of OCs rather than a bunch of people made to fit a world. And I know Suikoden had plenty of dudes who were just WEIRD but too many of these people just seem random. Even the ninja whom I like is just there to be a ninja for the sake of having one. Like given that she has a relationship with a plot character maybe you could have had her be a non major story character but someone who's actually a spy for your side.

And it doesn't help matters that because war battles are so... well they're bad, but your different kinds of units and recruits have no real purpose. Like you got another thief or ninja in S1 and war battles were made super easy. I don't know it just feels like things are always just shy of really clicking. I don't have the desire to really seek a lot of people out besides of knowing what kind of game this is.
>>
>>3461318
The weirdos in Suikoden were dressed and designed to fit their setting and the ones that didn't were purposely hammed up (an actor, a creep that enjoys scaring kids, wannabe french aristocrats, etc) or stated to be from another region/country.
Things like investigations (sometimes even recruitment scenes themselves) would reveal past ties/rivalries/links to other characters/locations in the setting or just reveal some weird or quirky shit about the characters and/or their habits around the castle that talking to them might not show.

The extremely boring characters are either made slightly interesting by the investigator implying that person is hiding something or the investigator saying something slightly interesting about how boring X person is each time they have unique investigation dialog.
Suikoden has the sense to ensure that really boring people used in the story (and use a combat slot) are quickly made optional.
>>
File: viktor and flik.png (155 KB, 235x306)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
>>3461412
it doesn't do EC any favors that a lot of the major characters don't really have much going on either. Like who are Gar and Mio honestly? Like they're supposed to fill the veteran senpai role but beyond that it's just white noise. Why were they in the guard at all? What even is the guard supposed to be? Some back story about why it was formed might have gone a long way to make it feel like has an impact and why we should be standing up to the Duke at all. But we get nothing. Meanwhile with V and F and we get a good bit about who they are across both their games. And even if you only want to keep it to the one game out of fairness you still have a lot more going on. Viktor has his quest for revenge on Neclor while being something a big bro to the player who sees potential in him and Flik has his whole arc of losing his love and having a point of rivalry with the MC before coming to respect him. But Gar and Mio are just... Gar and Mio the whole game. They don't offer any real insight or connections. They don't have any stronger connection to the struggle outside of being part of the guard and even that seems purely optional and we're not given any reason why they have to stay. And I'm not against having a morally simple cast of characters who want to stand up to evil because it's right but a personal connection and cause still goes a long way. Lian is very obviously supposed to be the new Nanami but where she was your sister in 2 and was mean to serve a voice of denial for the call and seeing her friends fight, Lian is just... genki. Hell for that matter I was expecting way more of a rivalry out of Nowa and Seign but they become bros almost immediately and just kind of stay that way.
>>
>>3461042
It's kind of the core problem with this game in general, nothing seems like it really matters.
Like the absolute worse thing that happens is Perrielle dying and that's strictly bad ending fodder.

Cities get burned down? Who Cares! Nations get taken over? Whatever! Nothing fucking matters! Lmao Lian said something stupid again! Look at these funny shark people! Wow this Skeleton man is random right? REMEMBER THIS THING FROM SUIKODEN II!?

It sucks because this games story could've been pretty good, the start is good, the setup is there.
>>
>>3454284
More importantly, the series has always sucked. Suikoden 1 has crappy pixel art/animations, a boring combat system where it doesn't matter how you build your characters, it's ass.
I only played it to the end cause back in the day people kept telling me Suikden 2 is a top 3 jprg for ps1. But when I finally tried that the early random battles were full of the most boring time wasting features I've ever experienced.

So it's funny to me that this reboot is corrupted with furries, and a woke localization parasiting off it like fungus growing from a cockroach. Fuck your game and fuck you LOL.
>>
>>3461424
Yeah, I'm honestly seeing a lot of places in my head were a lot of this could be fixed EASILY just to give things a lot more personality. Have some villages get burned down and stay that way. Have places actually be locked off. Have us interact with the villains in more impactful ways. Give your story characters more story. Suikoden 1 followed a very simple format. You need to go to the dwarves to deal with a super weapon to save the elves. Dwarves and Elves don't get on but you need to convince them to fight a common enemy. Stuff like that. It's not complicated but it goes a long way.

You know early on I was really expecting that Perrielle was gonna get killed in order to pull an Odessa and serve as our catalyst for rebelling. But nope everything was sunshine and daises there too. It just feels like we're supposed to take everything at face value.
>>
>>3461318
Yup. Something I loved about Suikoden 1 was how so much of the cast felt like "normal people". Just average Jills and Joes that got caught up in a civil war, who were forced to become soldiers or die.

Even Suikoden II got away from that, and it only got worse the further the series went on.
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to win in beigoma? The tutorial is utter garbage.
>>
>>3461477
you ignore it until you get better beyblades from random monster drops
>>
>>3461477
Get better tops, sometimes when you time your special activation well you get a mash prompt and if you win the mashing it does a good chunk of damage to the other top.
>>
>>3461477
That's the funny part, you don't win. Or just get better not beyblades and curbstomp the competition
>>
>>3461479
>>3461480
The mini games are all such shit.
>>
>>3461479
Does the location I drop my top make any difference?
>>
this gaem might be decent
but it's probably going to end up another kickstarter/patreon game riding on some dude's name who hasn't made anything in like over a decade like that matsuno game
>>
>>3461487
In this case it's Yoshitaka Murayama the original scenario writer for the series. Who sadly died like a month ago.
>>
>>3461485
I like to drop them close to the rim on the left side, it gets the clashing started early because it seems to be where the opponents tend to drop them.
>>3461483
I've been enjoying the minigames. The top battles do rely on having good ones rather than much of strategy or technique though. The card game is simple and there are some card types that are better than others, but it can be pretty alright and uses a bit of strategy at least. The sand boat races are easy once you get a handle on them but they feel pretty okay. Haven't done much of the lizard racing game, but it seems like it could be interesting if you get into hatching eggs, training, and breeding.
>>
I'm supposed to lose the duel right?
>>
>>3461496
>Haven't done much of the lizard racing game,
Oh fuck I forgot that was even in the game. They're absolutely so pointless once you actually get the characters. I haven't even fished.
>>
>>3461500
Fishing gets you the fisherman recruit and you can at least use fish either for some of the recipes for healing items/buff items with your chef or you can sell them thru the resource storage guy to make some quick development points for your castle.
The racing is mostly just for its own sake it feels like, it may give you some items if you win certain races or something but I haven't done enough to know either way yet.
>>
>>3461501
>Fishing gets you the fisherman recruit
I meant after you get him. And this is kind of the through problem. Once you get the recruit there's no reason to want to play them again.
>>
>>3461498
I feel like it's one of those things that might technically be winnable with perfect play, but you have to go all the way back to before the army battle if you want to replay the duel, so it would take some autistic determination to do so. I tried it four times before I gave up.
>>
>>3461514
I just accepted my L and kept going. The later three duels I've played (one of which was a recruitment) were required to win but frankly the duel system is obnoxious in this game. You have less options than suikoden and it feels like the whole thing is set up to excuse some fancy fight sequence like you'd see from a newgrounds sprite animator. There's not even any clear indication you're winning if not for the life bar.
>>
File: 1706818114064161.png (742 KB, 1440x1080)
742 KB
742 KB PNG
i think something happens to character stat gains after level 50 because my yusuke only has a tiny bit more defense than my back row characters now
>>
holy shit game stop resetting my party comp every fucking cutscene
>>
I'm about to go to the Shark Nigga place, how much more of this game do I have left? I'm not even sure I want to finish it quite frankly, it's just been so very disappointing.
>>
>>3461521
You're pretty early middish still. I've seen people say the main game is about 60 hours or so. I got about 40 in myself and I couldn't really tell you where any of that time actually went frankly.
>>
>tfw the game I was looking forward to most this years is just mid as fuck
Damn

I guess I could do that Suikoden series full playthough I've been putting off...
>>
>>3461524
Playing the beta, I winced hard. I knew within that first hour that they fucked up. I just wasn't aware of how badly they fucked up.
>>
File: luca pigs.jpg (11 KB, 243x207)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>3461524
Buddy, believe me me when I say I really, really WANT to love this game but I just.... I just can't. I don't think I'd go as far as to say it's bad but it's just, it's just really not good. Even if you were to TRY and judge by its own merits I don't think that would change my chief complaints and you can't even look at it likes its own thing because you can't go two seconds without a HEY REMEMBER SUIKODEN 2?! I'm honestly shocked they don't have a Luca Blight stand in but that might have been too hardcore for this game and we can't have real tension or threats I guess. But yeah I'm just really kind of disappointed. I so so wanted this to be good.

>I guess I could do that Suikoden series full playthough I've been putting off...
The remaster collection is evidently out really soon. I haven't been keeping up with that too much.
>>
>>3461527
It's meant to invoke Suikoden as its spiritual successor. Are you dumb or something? That was the entire goddamn selling point of the Kickstarter.
>>
>>3461528
My point, you monumental illiterate is that it's not only just not a good NOT-Suikoden, it's not a good anything on it's own merits. It's just not good period.
>>
>>3460531
I was already getting filtered. Started at >>3459162 No less
I had run with 3 front 3 squishier back. But this fight and the three that followed all just target the squishiest members and keep doing it until they die or the boss dies.

With pretty fucking high accuracy too. So even with the item that makes Lian get protected more and having her evasion always on, agility maxed she'll still just get hit and die when the boss targets her and nobody else. I wonder if this is just a hard mode thing and if normal doesn't have more regular AI targeting patterns. As it how I've beaten the last three bosses is just fielding Falward and defending every single turn with him which makes the bosses focus all their aoe on his row and all their single target on him, whose only taking half but was HP maxed so I have insane amounts of cushion. Without that the bosses are more RNG than strategy in a pretty awful way.

I'd drop down to normal to see if things get better but it's one way. And it'd really suck to be stuck at the literal end of the game and the boss is a pushover like suikoden 3, 4, tierkreis, and Genso
>>
File: Nil-portrait1_webp.png (108 KB, 315x252)
108 KB
108 KB PNG
I wonder if they were planning on doing a more elaborate S3 style trinity sight thing. Because the parts when you switch to Seign and Marissa feels like they were meant to be bigger than they ended up being. Marisa especially feels like she should have had a more visible introduction because of Nil alone. They find a robot girl in the runebarrows and it's also just rather lazily info dumped with their supposed relationship being pretty lip service.
>You gave me a home, when I have no past. Rune self determination dot exe.
Like you can really see a bit where they explore a dungeon and find Nil in her pod right? Maybe more time exploring their hometown just doing anything? Seign too feels like he had a lot of stuff going on with his home life, his town and maybe exploring Yaelu's people more?
>>
>>3461536
I feel like the formations don't add a lot to this game. There's no significant advantages to being in the backline when a lot of enemy backliners can still do major damage to your backliners.
>>
>>3454283
30 hours in, the game is amazing for Suikoden fans. However the localization is really bad, not because of woke shit, but overall the translation is really poorly done. If you have at least an intermediate level of japanese, you will notice that many times the text doesn't correspond to the actual dialogue.
>>
>>3461598
>30 hours in, the game is amazing for Suikoden fans
Disagree immensely. Reasons stated above many times in thread. Honeymoon phase ending will NOT be kind to this game.
>>
File: mXaROYm.png (139 KB, 1481x235)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>3461598
that's the least of it's problems, though yes that doesn't help. Adding flavor or even redoing sentence structure I can accept albeit begrudgingly. Characters not even carrying the conversation, responding in completely different ways, or shit just being made up? Yeah that's kinda shitty.
But what is fucking on me and likely nobody else is the god damn consistency for the little things
>Attack one enemy with an eight-hit combo for moderate [x] damage
Good
>Nullify all attacks on 1 ally once
Alright I can tolerate that but why is it "1" instead of "one"
>Deal 1/one enemy moderate [X] damage
Why do they keep flip flopping between "1" and "one"
Also what's up with that sentence structure
There's also things when they adopt western slang but use incorrect abbreviations and other things that trigger me and me alone.

It's not as bad as Rising was, but it's pretty up there with like Summon Night 5. Rising had entire words just missing towards the second half of the game fucking sentences all up, punctuation missing, and a bunch of fluff in the repeats read really poorly as if somebody deepl or chatgpt'd the script and only gave it an MTL "English" translation.

And on that topic of MTL translation, pic related
So instead "increasing harvestable resources" it now reads harvest resources, and you only get a fuckup on that level by running something through an engine or the editor being shit at their job. It's not langrisser mobile tier. But at 25 hours in it's becoming distracting enough that I'm probably going to start screenshotting every fuckup if it doesn't improve.
>>
>>3461607
>Anon would later drop a heavy binder containing 2000 pages of collected instances
>>
>>3461528
How could you misinterpret a post this badly? You are a fucking retard. Get out of this thread.
>>
One of the big problems with the game is that every narrative beat needs more time to marinate. Things just kind of happen without you having much connection with them. Perriele makes you the leader of the army because she trusts you, but you've interacted twice - and they weren't real interactions, you were just in the same room at the same time. Seign and Nowa constantly fret over each other, but they barely have any rapport at all. And it's not that the game isn't long enough, because it definitely is. It just doesn't reinforce its own narrative; it's really a tell-not-show approach to writing, and it's so disappointing.

I don't know. The game just isn't good. I don't know if there's a future for Eiyuden Chronicles or Bear and Rabbit Studios. I hope the best for them and maybe this is just a hiccup on the way to a better series, but I don't know if the game is actually good enough to warrant a sequel.
>>
>>3461022
Both Octopaths were smooth as fuck.
Only noticeable lag jolts were in battles when there were too many particle effects from AOEs with a busy foreground+background but even then that barely happened.
>>
The game has a minimap and waypoints/markers that tell you where to go so it's bad.
I hope sincerely hope you can turn that shit off
>>
>>3461640
That's another thing. It's kind of a LONG game. But none of that time feels like it was really worth while. At least not in terms of narrative. It really feels like more of this time should have been spent developing it's characters, story and relationships. It kind of feels like an outline.
>>
File: b'baba.png (2.5 MB, 1402x831)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB PNG
What the fuck is this guy talking about? I've never spoken to this person before, but this is all they say. Is this a bug?
>>
>>3461538
I’m hoping the DLC stories will help those two, because yea honestly… for being the other “protagonists” they did absolute fuck all.

I’m really wondering if Murayama’s declining health is the primary reason this games story turned out the way it did, because you can’t really blame Kickstarter, the rating, or 505 here. I lies squarely at his feet.
>>
>>3461682
There's an event at your castle you have to see where some child thief is giving your guards a hard time, one of them will mention B'baba which is when you can go recruit her to be your seer and she'll send you around to people in your castle to help catch the thief after which you recruit the thief.
>>
>>3461697
Thank you, that did it.
>>
>>3461607
Some of the combat tips are straight up inaccurate. I'm pretty sure the tutorial says that Hero Combos will spend all the SP on both characters.
>>
>eight hit combo
So do I do damage 8 times?
>>
>>3461598
>If you have at least an intermediate level of japanese, you will notice that many times the text doesn't correspond to the actual dialogue.
this is what pisses me off the most
the 'funny' dialogue takes me out of the game every time
there's a lot of other stuff that bothers me, but its all been said
a shame really, i feel like there's some good foundation. it just didn't get polished and tweaked into a great game
>>
I lost any and all desire to keep playing this game. Holy fuck they messed up bad.
>>
>beat plant boss to get rune for the guy I want to recruit
>oh a town is right beside the boss, better go there first to rest up before going back
>enter town, cutscene x10
>now you can't exit town until you slog through some other shit
>>
When you're walking through town and you see some brightly-colored stooge standing there and you think to yourself, "wow, I can't wait for this bizarre, offputting clown to force himself into my army after 6 or 7 dialogue boxes!"
>>
I can't play anymore. I've used up all my goodwill. The game does everything it possibly can wrong, and I don't want to force myself any longer. The game is so bad that it's forcing me to reevaluate Suikoden 4. I no longer have to wonder what a Suikoden game made by Kemco would look like.
>>
>>3461870
>I no longer have to wonder what a Suikoden game made by Kemco would look like.
Considering the amount of Kemco games, I'm pretty sure there's at least one Suikoden knockoff
>>
>>3461845
That made me slightly (very) miffed. Not least of all because the inn is expensive, you don't have access to your storage,

>>3461870
Take a break.
>>
File: haauVDD.png (173 KB, 1793x1005)
173 KB
173 KB PNG
So I thought I'd contribute to the wiki for recruiting as as I go alone since I saw it had a wiki.gg
But like
This... this formatting
What mistakes in life lead to this?
>>
File: 1686889506320196.png (274 KB, 331x278)
274 KB
274 KB PNG
>>3461893
i guess they were trying to hide spoilers or something but yeah it's pretty bad
>>
File: wWLWWeQ.jpg (367 KB, 2560x1440)
367 KB
367 KB JPG
I love this dumb cat but
>Lion's roar flamethrower is a single target attack that absolutely demolishes their turn order despite being a character with high speed growth and I can't seem to do anything to stop that
Why is this the way that it is?

>>3461895
I think I could forgive that too but it's even triggers for recruitments are way out of whack as you can recruit a lot of characters before progressing major events (which is what I'm currently doing).
>>
>spend 70 MP for an intricate cutscene to play, dealing one enemy 20 points of damage more than the caster's normal attack
Seriously how did they manage to make magic so fucking useless?
>>
>>3461904
seriously
not only is all of it useless, it costs way too much
they should have just used the 7/5/3/1 mp system from suikoden and made the magic more powerful
>>
>>3461904
>see spell that adds bonus dark damage
>try it
>mfw the +1

i've found use for one of the earth and other dark spells though
>>
>>3461904
I don't think I've played a jrpg that wasn't over 20 years old where magic was THIS worthless literally zero reason to ever use magic
>>
>>3461906
the actual enchant rune's enchant spells are decently powerful.
>>
>>3461904
Even if it was better It'd still be hard to use in some boss fights
>queue up a spell
>all 6 hits, hit the mage in the backrow and they die outright
>>
>try to recruit Reyna
>can't hit her hard enough to make her cum
>she tells me to fuck off
It's so over.
>>
I could only stomach 5 hours of it. The combat is incredibly dry, no sauce. Big day for flashy animation enjoyers I guess.
>>
>The Empire burns down your village.
>The Empire invades Grum County.
>The Empire conquers Eltisweiss and deposes Lady Perielle.
>You retreat to an abandoned castle in order to regroup and prepare a counterattack.
Alright! It's time to strike back!
>You escort a treestump back to Treetown.
>>
>>3461905
Even healing magic ends up being completely pointless when you can start buying group healing items
>>
>>3461904
Usually even the bottom barrel shitty decades old jrpgs have the sense to make magic useful early game before normal attacking completely out scales it.
>>
>spend a long time opening card packs to get 120 unique
>finally get them, go to save
>game crashes
I can only laugh
>>
>>3461904
Sounds like a bug.
>>
>>3461955
I can't think it is. Almost all the magic does pretty pathetic damage. Even spell casters can hit harder with their fists if you kit them right.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.72 MB, 3840x2160)
1.72 MB
1.72 MB JPG
>>3461922
>recruit her
>immediately bench her
>>
>>3461963
>runes
>good
lol lmao
>>
>>3461965
runes are honestly pretty boring in this game. even ignoring cool shit like magic and true runes there's not even many decent effect runes. No awesome shit like double beat and that like.
>>
File: 1695733138967665.jpg (53 KB, 959x960)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3461965
yes, also i was too weak to recruit her until almost 60 and she starts so low

how did she beat me
>>
>>3461968
Don't feel bad, I was roughly the same when I went back and did it.
>>
>get a new hero combo
>dread actually using it because I just know it's going to suck
Well..
Let's get this shit over with.
>>
From what I gathered the game is in a really rough state, among localization, balancing, and bugs.
I guess I'll wait some months.
>>
>>3462015
three years they were working on it
>>
>>3461963
her defense skill is pretty gud, the best characters seem to be the one with unique defense skills, like yusuke's charge up
>>
>>3462015
It needed another year, and probably a rewrite or two.
No idea if R&B were pissing away time and money (and from some of the KS updates maybe they were), or 505 forced them to get the game out when they did, but the game is very, very rushed.
And maybe it was the cancer, maybe Murayama just lost whatever it was that made him good in the first place, but even the story is worthless.

I'd be a little more upset if I had backed it more.
>>
>>3461871
I think the absolute closest thing they had was Silver Nornir, and even then I don't think you get more than about a dozen playable characters.

>>3461845
I ran back to recruit him before going to town, but I didn't restock my AOE heal items because I thought they'd be sold in the town. They weren't.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (291 KB, 2560x1440)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>>3461963
So the hero combo is decent but...
What the hell is this stat line. She can barely survive a random encounter never you mind a boss fight. There's no way you can fix defenses like this.

The spellblade but at least he shits out damage. Even if he isn't much better and armor might as well not exist for the player in how little damage it actually reduces. But the 62 Dex is what stings the most. Just misses like every single attack. You can't salvage that. All for the ability to open chests of which I've seen like 9. I'm assuming her personal quest or whatever is attached to a substantial upgrade
I'm sure SP generation gets better later so that the combo can carry the character... Or Yume gets another hero combo so I don't have to lug around 2 dead weight. Or failing that I get another 2 slot character soon.
>>
>>3462061
Nope
>>
>unite attacks suck
>runes suck
>magic is laughable
>characters more often than not have irredeemable stats
>script is bland
>localization is cringe
>no stakes
I refuse to believe this was the same team that gave me 1 and 2.
>>
>>3462061
From all this whining, I guess it's pretty much confirmed there aren't runes that give defense buffs or enemy offense debuffs worth using.

Or that you're playing this like the usual brainless rpg and aren't using them (i'm betting its the above though).
>>
File: Spoiler Image (366 KB, 2560x1440)
366 KB
366 KB JPG
>>3462068
Grim

>>3462086
At the point that I'm at enemy debuffing (for boss fights) practically doesn't exist in regards to player options and all defense buffs are necessary for non defense stacked allies to survive a boss turn period. So having them on is a no brainer.
This is just hard mode shenanigans. The obvious solution is to not use these characters or not play on this difficulty.
I gave pic related earth enhancement to see if B armor could make him survive a boss turn.
It doesn't

I'm more just surprised at how MUCH the balancing sucks. Every non0standard strategy I've tried that isn't just fielding a bunch of tank characters and healing with items backfires spectacularly. There's a soft ponr early on that I still think about where you can't return to base but neither the dungeon, enemies, random encounters, or shops available sell literally anything that could be used strategically. We're talking shops selling blind and petrification resistance in a dungeon where both bosses spam sleep attacks.

I haven't actually commented on magic, letting other people fill that in.
But, the magic balance is very very bad. It'd be one thing if you MP recovered to full after every single battle, then spells being barely stronger than regular attacks on characters with 170 magic 62 strength would make sense. But they don't, they're VERY expensive, do barely nothing, and waste turns.

Put in it's most simplest ways. With magic resistance, a squishy character can take 115 damage from a spell with the best gear and all accessories and runes dumped into defense. The single target water healing spell costs 10 MP and will restore 40. The air spell recovers like 70 and costs 25. The light spell recovers nearly 100 and costs 65 fucking MP. Where I'm at, the absolute most any character I have is 265MP.
Versus just buying an item for 35 gold that recovers 100 HP per use.
Unite attacks use two+ characters worth of resources for 1 characters worth of damage.
>>
>>3462111
>See silhouette of character from fortune teller
>Think it's gonna be a tomboy lady knight
>It's a fuck boy
>>
>>3461893
>>3461895
It just needs an expand all button so you can actually search for who you need
>>
>>3462114
2024, chud

>>3462111
I'll at least give them credit for making it "hard enough" that your typical window licker might consider using buffs/debuffs (they won't) but also sticking to their guns and making magic almost useless in what seems to be every possible regard.
>>
Frankly speaking, there are too many culinary battles and they stopped feeling special or being interesting. I just skip through them now.
>>
>>3462139
How many are there before you get the recruit? I've done like 3.
>>
>>3462142
I don't know. I've gone through 10 at least.
>>
>>3462139
Has anybody made a taste cheat sheet? I started making my own but stopped because it might already exist.
This minigame is giving me cancer.
>>
>>3462144
Miso soup, omelette, fried egg. You won't win flashy but you'll win.
>>
File: 1694445986212360.gif (400 KB, 1024x576)
400 KB
400 KB GIF
>>3462144
i posted my cheat code over here >>3460247
>>
>>3462142
>>3462143
There are quite a few. First you have to get to the first of the 4 culinary faggots, then fight some more random guys, then the next, repeating for a while, then after you beat all four you end up having a few more including a cooking robot then you have a forced loss against the guy your chef hates, then you have to find a special scroll to prevent his auto win, then you have to fight some more to get the right to fight him again, then you beat him and the next fight is the recruit, then after that there is one lass one of the big evil cooking boss with evil cooking magic. There are a lot of them.
>>3462144
If you get B'baba you can check each character's favorite food in her divinations about them.
>>
>>3462148
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!
>>
>>3462084
I hope they address character stats and the damage formula for magic in a patch. They probably won't, though.

>>3462111
>We're talking shops selling blind and petrification resistance in a dungeon where both bosses spam sleep attacks.
Just finished that. The town doesn't sell AOE heal items, either.
>>
This Den monster moving locations like a spaz is getting real old real fast.
>see it in one hole
>spit my way over there
>it's still there
>random encounter
>it's gone once I'm out
Fuck you
>>
>So there's this amazing dungeon on the back of a gigantic moving turtle. It's an incredible wonder and sight to behold
>May we see it
>Hah hah no. Have a jump cut to us already on it's back.
You just keep finding new ways to disappoint me, game.
>>
>>3460833
>>3460834
It sure is great that before this fight, there's only ONE NPC that sells the group healing item and that the game locks you into the Treefolk town, so you can't even go back to buy the healing item, so my only real option is to use Francesca and hope that she doesn't get targeted (which the CPU seems really good at doing in Hard Mode).
>>
Huh, no option for text to instantly appear and when you press the button to MAKE the text instantly appear like EVERYOTHER FUCKING GAME EVER, it closes the text box...
Never noticed how annoying that could be.
>>
File: file.jpg (354 KB, 2048x1152)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
grim
>>
>>3462301
I miss when Chud was just meant to call someone ugly because it was a reference to a monster movie.
>>
>>3462302
Chud
>>
>>3462304
That's Cannibalistic Human Underground Dweller, sir.
>>
File: 1694065984575027.png (109 KB, 347x400)
109 KB
109 KB PNG
>>3462301
pretty funny that this is what caused a meltdown amongst cunts

also best girl, btw
>>
File: sierra.jpg (111 KB, 658x1000)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>3462311
Cheap imitation
>>
>>3462320
i need at least one spooky girl at all times
>>
File: sierra nash.jpg (112 KB, 447x640)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>3462323
There's a difference between a legit spooky girl and what amounts to a mall goth.
>>
>>3462301
This is such a non-issue, I hate political parasites so much. This isn't far from a Wooleyism. I hate this era so much.
>>
>>3461498
Yes. You have to grind to around level 22 to win the first duel with perfect play.
>>
>>3462329
Why defend it though? Is that what it says in the Japanese script? Is the jap lady saying "chud"? It's stupid and defending these people does nothing more than harm japanese games. It's why I will not be purchasing it. You can't allow these pretentious fags to get away with altering the source material.
>>
>>3462337
It's not even the word in and of itself that bugs me so much as the fact that they can be that particular to make sure they get a specific reference but everything else feels so half assed when it comes to basic grammar and clarity.
>>
>>3462337
I'm not necessarily defending it, my issue is that there are various other reasons to not buy or play this dogshit game that should be glaring by the time you can recruit Maureus, and if seeing one character say chud is what sets you off you might want to consider slitting your throat.
>>
It's kinda annoying that you can't swap members mid-battle. This really needed a bit more time in the oven and I say this as a backer.
>>
File: 8EXRLzB.png (40 KB, 519x124)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>3462347
nta but I'd say it's one of many
But that doesn't actually matter to me. It's the small shit
>Collecting all the beyblades
>check the beastiary
>Dappled forest
Ah alright understandable
>another entry says pic related
>it's still just dappled forest
How in the fuck did that happen.
>>
>>3462355
I am honestly considering just accepting getting the bad ending rather than having to finish off these last few recruits.
>>
File: 84823875_image.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1152)
513 KB
513 KB JPG
>>3454283
>>
File: 1696202184708343.jpg (20 KB, 310x156)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>3462358
no, you're collecting everyone

here's a beyblade guide

https://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=15192
>>
Does "Heal below 50% hp" mean that the character will heal others or just himself when reaching 50%?
Does it mean using magic to heal or items?
Will the character still heal even when set to "fight without using mp"?
>>
>>3462364
I might be SOL anyways unless they can fix that Lam recruitment bug.
>>
>>3462358
I've just been doing it as I go. Better to do it now than have to do it all at once and burn out
>>
>>3462111
Is there even a recruit that's a blacksmith? Feels weird that you go through a whole lot and it appears that Edelweiss is the only town with a blacksmith (so far).
>>
>>3462406
You get one but he also sucks and can't get you that high even after the castle is maxed out. Unless there's something I've missed yet.
>>
>>3462347
brute force
>>
>>3462301
Extremely Grim.
I will now skip this game and actively recommend against it.
>>
>Partywide heal for 0 MP that also buffs damage
>Doesn't even take up a rune slot
What a completely balanced Unite Attack.
>>
>>3462421
That is insane - you think that they would tell you up front about Hero Combos, but whatever.
>>
>>3462421
Hard?
I tried to use that combo but the angel 100% of the time targeted her turn 1 which wouldn't be an issue but the golems round 1 attacks (basically it's only attacks for the entirety of the fight) would put her the rest of the way in the grave and a 30 hp revive doesn't mean shit to row aoes and targeted single attacks.
>>
>>3462421
I just fought this boss too, my question is: when the fuck do I get inventory upgrade? 30 slots is nothing considering some items take up more than 1 slot
>>
File: Spoiler Image (2.67 MB, 3840x2160)
2.67 MB
2.67 MB JPG
>>3462429
it's a castle upgrade

you also need to recruit a bag
>>
>>3462426
Yep, on Hard. I geared her entirely for Defense, Hard Scale Band+Scale Armor+the Topaz Brooch from the dungeon and had her defend on turn 1 for the shield buffer. The angel targetted someone else and since the golem didn't have a oneshot it could secure it swapped its targets around.
god fucking dammit I didn't bring any sleep resistance and the next fight spams FUCKING FULL PARTY SLEEP
>>
Are there eventual accessories that start you out with your weapon enchanted?
>>
Why does Nowa get more excited for beyblade than he does for literally anything that happens in the plot.
>>
>>3455507
>Ui, Art direction, fanfic tier character design
This screenshot is painful to look at
>>
>>3462301
Even without the political intention behind "chud", I just hate these goofy/80s cartoons type of joke insertions and apparently this game is full of it.

I just hate the disgusting american (or anglo) cultureless animal that translated this that doesn't keep to any genuine translation culture.
>>
Speaking of the dub, where the hell was this was recorded? Because between half the characters sounding robotic the other half have really bizarre accents. And this isn't completely about this game but I'm noticing a real uptick in British accents in game dubs, the new Live a Live being a prime example.
>>
>>3454283
I don't even need to play the game to know that it's shit.
99% of the time a dev claims their game to be a spiritual successor it ends up being garbage.
>>
>>3462504
I don't think you're wrong but I think we were at least expecting a basic level of competency. Like if they were just gonna copy S2 they could have at least copied what made that game good as well.
>>
>>3462509
The deeper into this game I get the more I fully believe Konami had to tard wrangle these fuckers back in the day.
>>
>>3462504
I like the aesthetics of it. Might only buy on a 50% sale, because I don't want to reward them for shit localization.
>>
I read about the Seign split being rough without the Dash Boots. I willingly started it without any urgency. Why did I not unequip them and move them over? Fucksake.
>>
>>3462537
You get the boots sort of early and forget you even have them on till suddenly you lose them and it's just soooooooo sluggish.
>>
>Villain makes a big fuss about finding out where are base is.
I didn't realize it was meant to be a secret considering we've been sending and gathering people en masse. This game is giving me a headache.
>>
Game seems hard enough I feel like I'm doing something wrong.
First few bosses took ages and my last two, the forest one that counters and the angel/duo; I had given up and yolo'd wins with 1 guy left standing. Probably the best way to split xp though because guy gained 5 levels and xp is obviously soft capped by level difference.
Combo attacks don't even seem better than both using skills
>>
Alright, what dictates starting SP?
>>
>>3461968
Even taking her into fights before leveling her up to the 50-60 range her blocking seems to be reducing damage to single digits pretty frequently.
>>
File: qclFZ3I.jpg (469 KB, 2560x1440)
469 KB
469 KB JPG
>>3462667
>single digits
That's just a product of not having enough strength and weapon attack being too low.
I just got to her and as a result just got her.

>her blocking
I assumed it was like shield kid and revolved the last 20 minutes just now trying 2 different strategies
1) go fast enough to beat her shield
2) disable her shield
As it turns out the answer was stupidly easy. Just sleep her and beat her by turn two.
Doable almost as soon as you get there.

> 1) Get a slow mage with a high magic stat and equip the dark rune
> 2) Get both characers with a charge defence action and kit them out. Go grab an extra high strength rune from the forest rodents if you need it
> 3) Get a source of defense shred
After that, you put her to sleep and shred her defense turn 1.
Then unload on her turn 2. If your mage's magic stat is high enough their turn end dark dot will clean her up after everybody blows their load.
>>
>>3462667
Oh wait I misread that.
Sorry I'm very tired. You're talking about having her as an ally. Not beating her when you get to her.

It's time for a siesta.
>>
>>3454300
I always thought Bob was supposed to look like Zach de la Rocha
>>
>>3462329
>I hate political parasites
Like the ones inserting faggot commie slang in a game setting where it makes no sense? Like the ones who add a "did you just assume its gender" joke in the first hour of play?
>>
>>3462477
its not just the dub
the jp va sound quality is all over the place
>>
Anyone have the patch notes for the recent updates? They're not posted anywhere, I want to know if the recruitment bug is fixed.
That is a bigger "fuck no" for me than the troonslation.
>>
>>3454283
So what's the deal with side characters?
Are they basically just named npcs and don't have much story to them or involved outside of their intro and being used in combat?
>>
>>3462740
Nope hasn't been fixed, hasn't even been addressed.
Least they somewhat acknowledged the encounter rate bug, not a peep about Lam

PC version does have a patch floating around to fix Lam's recruitment flag getting fucked up, console players are still SOL.
>>
>>3461963
i unbenched her
>>
>>3462656
I would also like to know this, and can it even be increased at all?
Fuckwad and Francesca's unite attack isn't quite so useful when I need them both to have 3SP.
>>
>>3462815
>Mio
For what purpose
>>
>>3462815
damn, that battlespeed
>>
File: Spoiler Image (138 KB, 943x282)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>3462817
i took her out of cold storage to see if she got any significant stat boosts at higher levels

she's still worse than generics
>>
>Playing JP dub
>Meet Francesca, classic loveable HAAAAAAH!? yankee I'll fuck your shit up rough timbre in voice
>Oh boy, I gotta check this out in the EN dub and see how they fuck it up and-
God damn, what the hell was that? My 8 year old niece trying to sound tough sounds more intimidating than that.

And I'm not the type that inherently hates dubs either. But fuck me, there's some really weird voice direction and casting choices in this dub.
>>
>>3462821
I don't understand how Suikoden IV and V, games that literally came out two decades ago, have better voice acting and direction than this.
>>
>>3462821
COME ON
SUCK IT
YOU'RE FREAKING DEAD
etc etc.

Her English "calm voice" is really cute though.
>>
Is there anything to find from clicking random crate or furniture?
>>
>>3462821
voice acting is kinda all over the place in english, but i still find it tolerable enough as dub Nowa has some funny lines

i don't know if the jp voice acting is actually better though since i don't speak nip
>>
>>3462822
They hired professionals and not nobodies with one or two credits to their names

The English voice acting honestly isn't terrible for the main cast, but once you start getting into the minor and side characters.....
>>
>>3462829
Isha is terrible.
>>
>>3462828
Lots of liberties and added snark in the English dialogue too. Everyone is 50% more of an asshole for some reason.

You know I get it, for animation and even live action dubbing, some dialogue needs modified to have stuff added (or cut short) to compensate for the lip syncing. But we're doing classic JRPG static portraits and dialogue boxes here. There is literally no reason for dialogue to be change to have people to act more like assholes or add (mostly unfunny) jokes or quips.
>>
Do I just have to progress the story in order to recruit the guy looking for his sister at bounty hill?
Guards are stopping me from exploring that place
>>
>>3462839
Nah just take him to the various gathering points in Bounty Hill. Don't have to wait till later.
>>
So are there totallynotViki/totallynotJeanne equivalent characters in this "spiritual successor"?
>>
>>3462844
Viki, yes. Jeanne, no. Rune shopkeep is some homo. If there is a Jeanne I haven't seen her in the 35 hours I've played.
>>
>>3462844
Teleporter girl, but she's nothing at all like Viki. Just some brat that needs correction.
Rune person is some fag named "Code L"

The Inn woman has a somewhat similar design to Jeanne, but that's really it.
>>
I think I lost any desire to continue playing this game.
>>
>oh wow a new runeslot
>+5% attack power
waaaooww!
>>
>>3462909
The testers/developers were the same, it seems.
I wonder if they got a shitty script and lost all motivation to make a good game but were stuck because they couldn't give back the money that was already spent or their cut losses like a real company...
But it was probably just a core group of assholes embezzling money and paying dirt cheap interns to do the bare minimum until they were forced to release it, like usual.
>>
Bosses can act twice.
>okay, I can work around that
The backrow character can do a magic attack that can put the whole party to sleep
>who the fuck let this out of testing
>>
>>3462959
From what I can tell she only does the aoe sleep if the guy dies first, so if you pick her off first you don't have to worry about your backrow.
>>
File: 1695880743282660.jpg (50 KB, 600x585)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>3462959
i haven't seen any bosses that put me to sleep

which one are we talking about here
>>
>>3462965
You have a rematch against Hurstwine (hooded guy that burns down Nowa's village) and a woman that vaguely reminds me of Yuber, Narungarde.

>>3462963
I might need to get different characters up in levels because the best mage I have so far only has 99 HP at Level 26.

It wouldn't be so bad if I had access to the group healing item OR the revival item healed more than 30 HP. 30% of HP would be infinitely better.
>>
File: s5-isabel.jpg (99 KB, 850x1000)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>>3462741
>Are they basically just named npcs and don't have much story to them or involved outside of their intro and being used in combat?

Sort of. The idea is based around the novel The Water Margin wherein 108 stars of destiny join voices to battle corruption. Many of the stars were pretty mundane people who only sort of contributed in really vague ways but the idea here is that it's supposed to be people from all over the world moving to battle evil. So in Suikoden you'd get shop keeps, women and children, knights, mercs etc all rallying under your banner. In Suikoden they're not really complex or anything but feels like they have more a sense verisimilitude. Like they were part of existing factions or the world even if it was just townies trying to protect/avenge their town.

Like for example there's a recurring faction called the Maxmillian Knights. A group of mercenary soldiers who exist purely to pursue and punish evil in a Don Quixote madman kind of way. None of them ever evolve or develop beyond that but because of context you can sort of buy that they exist. Eiyuden doesn't have that. The recruits in eiyuden either feel too weird to exist or like they lack any identity be it faction or their own world.
>>
>>3462972
oh i forgot about that fight

that fight and the one before are the ones that made me remove weaker characters from the team afterwards
>>
>>3462972
Characters with Medium weapons can target her if they're in the front row, and Long weapons can hit her from the back. The game also gives you Marisa whose rune can be used from the back row.
>>
According to the RPGsite guide

https://www.rpgsite.net/guide/15739-eiyuden-chronicle-hundred-heroes-all-characters-guide-where-to-find-how-to-recruit-every-hero

There is actually two bugged recruits, Lam (who everyone already knows about) and Galladur (who is legit the last character you can get before you're supposed to get the 120th character and get the good ending).

Cool game. Cool playtesting.
>>
>>3462996
nta but I had issues using Marisa in that fight. She would throw rocks at her every turn and those did 80 damage a hit to a character with like 140 hitpoints.
>>
>>3463004
Wait THAT's Lam? Fuck me. I mighta fucked up then.
What engine is this game using? I'm not so proud as to blindly root through event triggers
>>
>>3463012
Unity I believe, Lam has a PC patch, so you can probably fix her.

https://github.com/EiyudenBugFixes/LamFix/releases/
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.85 MB, 1920x1080)
3.85 MB
3.85 MB WEBM
>>3463004
uh, that's not where you recruit Galladur at all

i know this because i just got the teleporting nigga yesterday. Even the fortune teller lady in game tells you where he is.
>>
>>3463022
Well fuck. I was using that guide since it was a little better than the wiki. Screw that then.

Thanks for the heads-up.
>>
File: 1685766072955551.png (800 KB, 865x765)
800 KB
800 KB PNG
Why is she so shit.
>>
>>3463034
They trained her wrong, as a joke.
>>
Rune of the Warrior's Path Half defense +50% strength is funny as hell on Nowa but it sure backfires a lot
>>
>>3462990
>>3462996
>bench Garoo and the tree guy
>replace them with the doctor and Yusuke
>win on the first try

Of course, I had to get the doctor up to like Level 21 and equip a defense accessory on Francesca, but still.

Also, Narungarde wears a mask that covers 80% of her face instead of her lips and ears.
>Why?
>>
>>3463053
Yea I burned through some revives on that fight.
Once you realize the sword fag is worthless and doesnt do damage its pretty easy.

The tired and true strat of Yusuke jacking off for 2 turns then punching for 500 damage doesnt fail
>>
>People complaining about hard
>Havent gotten to part 2 of the forest
Wait until you fight the upgraded bunny mage mobs.

Fucking nightmare random encounters
>>
Man fuck me. I don't dislike the game but this localization fucking sucks man. I've been doing my damndest to try and mental blindspot shit like actual translation quality to focus on the things that could, if anybody on the team gave a shit, get fixed rather than the retranslation that will never happen.

But god damn it,
>inserting entire conversations into silence
>recontextualizing multiple characters personalities
>flipping interactions
>adding jokes where they literally don't exist
>shoving entirely new personality quirks in existing characters
>installing slang, idioms, phrases, and references
Yes yes I'm sure we can do this is analogous to "accept no substitutes"
Perielle's "we'll obleege you", a word pun of Noblesse Oblige shaved entire years off of my life
Even if you take it into a vaccum and do your damndest to judge it on it's own merits the classic trope that Lian is supposed to be is flandarized and overplayed so fucking much that the character has wrapped around to insufferable and annoying. No, ellipses meant to convey the severity of a moment shouldn't have 4 lines of text now inserted to dial up a characters qurik factor. What are you doing?
Conversations that DO happen between minor characters have in multiple places just NOT happened anymore. They just say two different lines into the void. How does a localization butcher a conversation so badly that the character's aren't even responding to each other anymore?

And the mistakes in grammar, punctuation, flow, consistency. Even outside of my inane screechings earlier in this thread,
there are words that are literally meant to be emphasized that get no emphasis in the localization. There are translations done so horribly that they invent an entire new function or direct to regions that literally doesn't exist.

Phew. Had to get it out.
We're stuck with this. Forever. Had there been any oversight this wouldn't have happened.
I haven't been this distracted since Super Shell Monster Story.
>>
File: 1699664537383702.png (1.32 MB, 1014x964)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
ORE NO TURN
DRAWWWWWW
IKEI MAI KARDO

They really did all the lines
>>
>>3463065
And for heavens sake, before I stop talking about it "I'm here for it" has appeared no fewer than 9 fucking times across 7 different characters. Whoever """"punched up"""" the script clearly doesn't have a large pool of phrases to draw from and yet decided to inject this into things anyways.
>>
>>3463100
And damn it, I'm not trying to spam the thread. But it's obvious that there's at least a few people who worked on this that aren't completely inept. Because the translation isn't 100% bad. But they are clearly a minority. It feels like a bulk of all characters went to individual B and what they didn't get trickled down to a single person who at least is trying to do his job.
What is this translation studio anyways?
It reminds me of Gaijin Works butchering of Summon Night 6, the translation so middling on a niche game that it sunk the entire company.
>>
>>3463102
Remnants of 8--4, I think? I know I have seen some of the names before
>>
>>3463102
>Because the translation isn't 100% bad
A few bad apples spoil the bunch.
>>
Was the one enemy general who hates furries supposed to hate furries in the Japanese version. Because for all his talk about them being seen as third class citizens there sure as shit doesn't seem to be much danger for them.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (412 KB, 2560x1440)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
Ah so that's what you guys were talking about
>counters with paralysis
>none of the shops sell anything to deal with this
>all the armor and armor items you get are pointless as all of it's damage is magical
>can do a maneuver that kills Ivy outright if she's not guarding due to her low magic defense
This would have been very hard if it wasn't so easy.

>>3463118
I don't know. His only scenes were after a buncha fights so I couldn't bring myself to do it twice in Japanese
>>
I've now reached the point where I'm taking a break til they fix Lam's recruitment. She's the only one B'baba is still showing as left other than Leene and I otherwise have 111 people. Enjoying the game quite a bit so far, there are places where it could have done better for sure but I'm still having fun otherwise, the biggest pain for me has been the Lam bug.
>>
>>3463144
Is Leene supposed to be important? Because I swear the fact that she's the recruit everybody star makes it sound like she is but she hasn't really DONE anything except show up and be wacky with her LOL I'M SO LUCKY shit.
>>
>>3462656
https://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=15181
Characters seem to have a set starting SP and then a pool of battle start SP is randomly distributed between the party. There's an accessory and a rune that increase starting SP by one but they're fairly late game.
>>
How do I even win the beyblade stuff?
I won the tutorial match but the little girl after that just wrecks me
>>
>>3463147
Wait till later and come back with better tops then beat small children with epic level blades from late game dungeons.
>>
>>3463149
Oh you can get tops from dungeons, thought you had to only win them from others
>>
>>3463145
I'm betting that her full retard super luck will be somehow important for shaping the true ending in some way or something.
>>3463147
Get good tops, use their abilities, try to figure out if there is some sort of elemental rock paper scissors or Attack/Defense/Magic/Balance rock paper scissors, try to figure out if there is a way to consistently force the mash the action button thing to be able to do big damage against opponents that seem to kick your ass a lot. Basically just keep trying shit til it sticks for now because we don't know much other than have strong tops.
>>
>>3463152
Monsters drop them. They tell you as much.
>>
>>3463152
It's not just dungeons, it's specific monsters that can drop them. Check the link here >>3462364 for the list if you need it, it also has the locations for the beigoma stuff's storyline fights
>>
>>3463153
>I'm betting that her full retard super luck will be somehow important for shaping the true ending in some way or something.

I'm annoyed just thinking about it. It wouldn't be so bad if she was maybe an actual character who has a place in the party and story but seriously kid has had like FIVE minutes of screen time and three sentences of connection to the hero.
>>
File: 1696792833664564.jpg (43 KB, 650x793)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>3463145
if you get the bad end, she gets an arrow to the chest and then gets eaten by spores.
>>
>>3463157
She does at least show up twice that I know of so far, once as a temp party member during the part where you break into three parties to set up an avalanche, she joins Marisa's team since they're best friends and then fucks off before Nowa can see her again. So she gets a bit of screen time and mentioned a few times by Nowa and Marisa since she's attached to both of them, but it for sure would have been much better for her to be around during the first visit to Nowa's village or something at least maybe have her go missing during the attack to give Nowa some more drive to fight other than his general meddling nature and desire to protect the innocent as inspired by his father.
>>
File: 1712246062293070.png (2.4 MB, 1845x1049)
2.4 MB
2.4 MB PNG
Beaten 3 of my S rank card battles.
All were consumables so kinda meh if you were hoping on some nutty gear or runes.
>>
>>3463162
That's sort of it though. She's brought up but she never really connects. Nowa just sort of brushes it off with little regard that his sister is running around when t here's a war going on and her connection to Marisa is basically LATER GATOR.
>>
>>3463144
>>3463013
If you're on PC.
>>
>>3463181
I went PS5 unfortunately. There's just something about playing JRPGs on a TV+console that convinces me to make poor decisions and not just use my computer instead.
>>
File: gayblade.jpg (361 KB, 1920x1080)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>Pawn Demon - 3 - * - Pawn Demon - Proving Grounds - Earliest 3* you can acquire. Enemy is only found in certain areas. Go to the first symbol Nowa has to activate to unlock the main door. The area where Kallathor activated the switch should also work.

they're talking about this area right?
>>
>>3463193
It's either one of the areas with the unlock switches for the door that leads to the boss fight. Basically the last part of the final rooms on each side of the hall where you either activated a thing as Nowa or found a hole and sent the little treeman thru to hit a switch.
>>
File: D3w3zVu.jpg (395 KB, 2560x1440)
395 KB
395 KB JPG
Stop
>>
>>3463199
The way the localization team rewrote characters has been pretty rough. Especially for Lian, as a genki tomboy enjoyer I'm at least glad I can sort of piece together her actual character from voicelines in Japanese.
>>
File: 1689313307856344.jpg (57 KB, 955x536)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>3463199
i don't care about translationfags, but i have to say i hated that character and her voice
>>
>>3463199
You're KILLING me here, I just CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

..sorry
>>
>>3463199
What even was she supposed to be. Because none of that is language.
>>
>>3463209
Greedy, lazy, and alcoholic
>>
File: chronfixed.png (1.68 MB, 1024x1024)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
Never played Suikoden but if the cover looked like picrel, I might have interest in playing this game.
>>
>>3463193
i found some down the elevator here
>>
On that topic, (provided I mute the sound first) I actually ended up liking the beyblade minigame. The strategy is pretty straightforward most of the times and for people that are stronger than you, you'll either learn to clash or you'll sink.
Fake iron chef though? Yeah that kinda sucks.
>>
>>3463243
Oh god, if I hear Reid say THE MATH ADDS UP one more time.....
>>
>>3463243
Iron chefs not even a game. You just pick the right three dishes and the whole MASH BUTTON part is WAY too generous. I end up sitting with like 35+ seconds to wind down every time.
>>
>Some characters have nearly 50% higher stats than others
Man they really dont want you using some of these people
>>
>>3463243
What strategy? Can you even do anything but activate your ability?
>>
>>3463247
I'm assuming (hoping) that rune rarity slots ends up carrying some of the worse off characters.
Though obviously that won't save everybody. Faye has bad stats, bad weapon growth, a bad passive (please god tell me chests become more frequent and harder to unlock later), but that middle 4 rarity enhance has to carry weight. I hope.

>>3463249
If you activate the exact time the enemy activates you go into the little clash which is easy to win which gives you a big advantage. It doesn't salvage hopeless fights. But every one where you barely lose (around 30% difference) you can just win off of that.
The other part is for the defensive types with slow charge and slow offense, only ever using your ability after your debuffs run out. Very basic stuff I know but it mattered a lot.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (167 KB, 950x950)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>3463224
The Japanese/European one kind of does without AI slop, the American one though...
>>
>>3463253
This box art is still wild to me, wtf was usa konami thinking, this looks more like something I would see from a Koei game
>>
>can't rebind controls
>default has buttons in middle of keyboard
are they having a giggle?
>>
>>3463255
Pls understand japanese devs can't into keyboard rebind options
>>
>>3463247
I hope they patch some of this or at least let you farm permanent stat-up items.
>>
>>3463254
>>3463253
I mean it doesn't really match the game aesthetic but all of is at least reflective of what happens in the game. You got Mathiu, Odessa there, the emperor and a witch. The three headed demon fella shows up as a monster. You got futch and the dragon. As far as american box art goes we've had WAY worse.
>>
>>3463253
This box art is so fucking based.
>>
>>3463254
"we cant let people know its japanese or they wont buy it"
The 90s were a wild era of super racism towards japan due to a bunch of people screaming
>JAPAN WILL SURPASS THE US IN ECONOMY DONT BUY THEIR CARS AND ELECTRONICS
>>
>>3463253
Top right is Kyle MacLachlan.
>>
>eggfoot racing
Those fools. What makes them think for a single zeptosecond that I could possibly even remotely be tempted to use my valuable precious time across my busy schedule and NOT absolutely autistically go hard in the paint well beyond the scope of what I need to get a perfect bird
>>
>>3463273
Based, be on the lookout for Champion Eggs from the snowy mountain onwards
>>
>>3463276
Can you not breed up? If you can't that's fine. If you can I will not be exiting this stable until my bird is the very best that there ever was
>>
File: 1701955154877129.jpg (105 KB, 479x429)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
so anyways

why is there a walk button again?
>>
>>3463279
Well in the old games you would hold the button to run. Eventually people realized everyone ran everywhere anyways so it became the normal hustle and that left them with a free button.
>>
>wife and I back the game when it's announced because I love Suikoden and she likes JRPGs
>wait a couple of years
>Murayama dies
>we skip the beta,early access and wait for full release
>her PC bricks while playing and I witness the localization
Her PC bricking was a blessing. I hope you guys are having fun I just can't stomach it
>>
File: hey beter.jpg (650 KB, 1920x1080)
650 KB
650 KB JPG
No FREAKING way! Family Guy Funny Moments in Eiyuden?!
>>
>>3463281
I am having fun, the JP dub helps me ignore the writing since I can understand most of it
>>
>>3463281
Usually I'm pretty immune to localization.
I don't want to talk about it anymore because it's coloring actual discussion as the game is quite fun to me.

But at the same time. I can't just not leave a review about the quality of the translation. I wish steam only tallied them by language so that the JP fans didn't have to see complaints from westerners about things that don't impact them so the game could have the review it deserves at least somewhere.

But it is what it is. And so while I enjoy the game, the embarrassingly bad translation is going to color my review but for no reason then R&B never using these idiots ever again.
>>
>>3463297
I don't know how anyone could stand this kind of shit >>3463290
If you can get the gist of what they're saying you might as well play in full JP, just use an OCR or something.
>>
>>3463303
The problem is that criticizing the translation is all just being lumped into a nice easy pile to scape goat "the enemy" and ignore actual criticism of the games MANY other short comings.
>>
Kinda wild that this game and Chained Echoes have the exact same problem (sorta) where you can't get MP restoring items. Now granted, Magic is mostly ass in this game unlike the other Suikoden titles.

It's gonna be absolutely tragic when the HD remaster of Suikoden 1+2 come out and crush this game in sales. At least Murayama doesn't have to see it.
>>
>>3463305
That one's obviously an edit, the writing's bad but there aren't any obvious pop culture references aside from yugioh/beyblade I think
>>
>>3463310
There are a few MP restoring items. It's just there's no reason to ever use MP because magic sucks.
>>
>>3463315
I mean, as far as buying them. How could someone fuck up the 2nd half of a battle system this badly with magic?
>>
>>3463317
You can buy them. I even sold all my remaining tier 1 versions and upgraded to the tier 2 version. Did the same for full group heals, for individual heals I've hit the tier 3 version. Just get your store and keep it upgraded as you go.
>>
This Reyna fight is fucked. Fight ends when I do enough damage instead of after 3 turns, then it doesn't count.
>>
>>3463351
it has to be done by the second turn. If it takes you till turn 3 it won't give it to you even though it ends the fight early still.

I posted my strategy here >>3462673
>>
File: Capture.jpg (143 KB, 958x1214)
143 KB
143 KB JPG
>>3463224
I mean its not far off from the original artwork.
>>
>>3454306
what game?
>>
>>3463372
Tierkreis, the shitty DS game
>>
>>3463378
Hey I liked Tierkreis. Or maybe I just latched onto it because it occupied my time during an annoying period of my life
Though yes it was indeed not very good.

Battle with the librarian and Fight for Tomorrow are in my head rent free forever though. Honestly the music was bit crushed to death and I always think about that game because Luminous Arc 2 had a great soundtrack and younger me couldn't help but mentally compare the two all the time.
>>
>>3463387
The crazy thing is that Tierkries might end up having a way higher death count compared to this game.
>>
>>3463390
People died in Tierkreis? I honestly can't remember besides obviously killing everybody and indeed technically your entire dimension if you get the bad ending.
>>
>>3463397
I mean, entire dimensions were wiped out, so effectively, yes. Also, the guy that gives the MC his best weapon definitely died (kinda?). I wanted to beat the game, but my nephew stole my copy.
>>
>>3463399
It emulates pretty okay, and has an undub version too so you don't have to have the English voices
https://cdromance.org/nds-roms/suikoden-tierkreis-undub/
>>
Since we're on this topic. Can somebody explain what The One King's motivation even was? I remember being confused then and the passage of time has eroded away what comprehension I previously obtained.
>>
>>3463401
The English voices were kino.
>>
>>3463310
>HD remaster of Suikoden 1+2
I'm honestly surprised Konami didn't drop this on the store with no prior warning or anything earlier today.
>>
>get Ryufan
>absolutely atrocious stat line
>Get Lam
>unbelievably gorgeous stat line, one of the strongest self buffs in the game letting her outspeed characters like Hakugin
>a strong MP into SP cycle that shits damage

Goodness. The only thing Riufan is good for is enabling Lam a cheap 1 SP AOE
>>
>>3463446
Wouldn't be surprised if it's wrapped up in bug testing/platform approval testing or something. Those can delay games for a surprisingly long time. Was a tester on a game that got delayed for almost a year past its initial planned date because it kept failing bug testing and platform acceptance testing for every platform, it was also a remake/remaster thing.
>>
>>3463448
>>Get Lam
How nice for you. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on a goddamn bug fix.
>>
>gotten so good that I can clash on every single ability activation in beyblade
What a dumb minigame
I love it

>>3463459
Trust the devs. Or rather, given that it's early in the week you might get lucky and have a fix out before the weekend, otherwise you might be fucked until next Tuesday
>>
File: ewma.jpg (570 KB, 1920x1080)
570 KB
570 KB JPG
WAIT
This was the king?
I thought the king was the guy standing beside his wife who did the talking, but this fat old lady is a guy and the king?
The VA really confused me
>>
>>3463468
That guy's a complete puss. I made sure to let him now that Perriel thinks I'm way cooler.
>>
File: 1711581558807080.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
I don't normally skip games because of "bad localizations" since most of the time its overblown. But holy shit this game, I'm sorry, but I refuse to give the time and day to a game that thinks Ted Woolsey-isms in goddamn current year is acceptable.
>>
>>3463468
Play in JP audio. He sounds like a loser in Japanese but that's the point. He's a weak willed pansy ass 19 year old who has been in love with Perrielle since they were kids but still can't say shit about it.
>>
>>3463475
It's still a fine game to play. Plagued with a lot of issues these crowdfunded shit tends to have, but there's still some remnants of the original soul that Maruyama had in this. Just muddled by a lot of flaws.

And if you can understand Japanese, the easily interchangeable JP to EN text and voices makes it easy to play a game of: "Oh boy, how did the translator fuck this one up." too.
>>
>>3463475
Just pirate it, or at least don't ever pay full price for it.
>>
>>3463480
I've never been that big of a Suikoden guy anyway, and it's the principle of it.
I'm just gonna replay 1 and 2 and pretend this doesn't exist
>>
>open first pack
>SSR
The heart of the cards smile upon me, duelist.
>>
>>3463488
I still haven't gotten the 4 star red 9 yet, have all the rest of the 9s and all the 8s but just need that one to finish it off.
>>
On the topic of translation dumbfuckery.

I play with JP audio and EN text to compare stuff. During Mellore's recruitment event chain there was a piece of dialogue difference that stood out for me.
In the EN dialogue, Nowa says that the ridge was no place for a kid to be alone. But in the JP dialogue, Nowa says that the ridge was no place for a woman to be alone.
Okay, but why the change tho. That was not even offensive in any way at all. Fuck me, I guess even basic gentlemanly chivalry is dead.
>>
>>3463493
It's a pretty minor thing to be fair. That's not something I'd be too worked up against as it could be interpreted by some individuals as sexism. Yes I know.
>>
File: 1712053760861231.jpg (9 KB, 146x165)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>split into teams of 3
>>
I'm only about an hour in so far. Seems to be hitting the right points for me though. It feels like an old JRPG in a lot of ways.
Probably one of the better versions of this 2.5d thing which I don't really like that much.
>>
>>3463493
STRONG INDEPENDANT WOMYN WHO DON'T NEED NO MEN
>>
>>3463259
It really is. I miss classic fantasy art.
>>
>>3463505
Try to empty your inventory before going into the Mine or you'll have to come back later.
>>
File: 1694137869045556.png (66 KB, 200x200)
66 KB
66 KB PNG
Just cleared Seign's split campaign and it's not as hard as people hyped it up to be. The proving grounds are so much more harder than this.
>>
>>3463065
more change = more money
>>
>>3463510
Game doesn't really son hard, just badly balanced/untested.
Almost every psychical attack option is shit, including most buffs/debuffs,so you just choose the characters with the best stats (defense/bulk being key) and/or the few "hero combos" that actually work (stacking status resist gear seems to work too).

If you choose fragile characters with bad stats then it's simply your own fault because no real options exist outside of defending to keep them alive if the best gear available isn't enough.
>>
>>3463493
word like "woman" or "girl" are not allowed anymore
>>
>>3463519
>Game doesn't really *SEEM hard, just badly balanced/untested.
>Almost every *NON psychical attack option is shit

Also game is poorly written, like my post.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (249 KB, 2560x1440)
249 KB
249 KB JPG
>>3463519
>outside of defending
including defending if their defense option is evasion
You're not dodging shit

This stupid street shark somehow hit Lam with literally all of her shit set for evasion including the accessory. And not just once or twice, every single attack that went her way.
>>
>>3463496
Someone posted an tweet of the main translator talking about how gender needs to be removed from jrpgs.

Not that I'm saying that the example here is a war crime - but a sign of why so many stupid decisions would be made if anything implied a man or woman are actually different on a battlefield where you could get fucking raped to death.
>>
>>3463310
>TFW when I just shit post about Eiyuden and recommended Suikoden to my friend
It feels so wrong bros...
>>
File: gLdIubN.png (58 KB, 1129x129)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
疾風迅雷

Come on, man.
>>
shixeen tags: amazon_position, femdom, impregnation, size_difference
>>
>>3463493
>I guess even basic gentlemanly chivalry is dead.
were you in a coma for the past 25 years?
>>
>only Yusuke has charge up so far
Where are all the charge up folks?
>>
>>3463310
is suikoden actually good or is this another case of people just jerking off games they played as a kid like ff6?
>>
i would like to apologize to Mio

>>3463551
street sharks
>>
>>3463553
So the rune slots do carry the characters?
>>
>>3463554
only so far

she still sucks though.
>>
>>3463552
I can't speak much for Suikoden 1 - I want to rate it highly but haven't played it in a long time, but 2 has writing that should make you actually feel something for the characters/what's going on and isn't written like your typical Saturday morning kids anime, 3 has great character interaction and dialog.
Neither would beat reading an actual good book, but if you're some dmb ESL, zoomer browsing socials, or young then they are probably the best writing you've seen consuming vidya/cartoons.
Gameplay is super easy though.
>>
>>3463554
Good rune placement can make some stupid strong characters. Between Dijkstra's party attack buff, multiple power type runes of various levels, and the rune of the warrior's path I was.getting Nowa to deal around 1000 damage on normal attacks around level 60 even if he dies in two hits, and with defense type runes, good gear, and her block + counter for the row command I've been getting Reyna to do 100-250 damage in counters while taking single digit crits around level 58.
>>
File: xp.png (2.69 MB, 1920x1080)
2.69 MB
2.69 MB PNG
Good old Suikoden exp mechanics letting you power level weaker characters to a higher level than your actual party.
Shame about Shixeen's stats. Offensively she looks to be about the same as Mio, except without the DEX or SPD. Defensively she's solid but her Defend is ass.
Still going to use her because I want her to break my pelvis.
>>
>>3463568
Wait how did you get shixeen that early. Did you just buy cards until you got lucky? What do I have to do to recruit her?
Also
>those stats
Goodness.
>>
>>3463552
The story was genuinely good and gripping, I still quote lines from the characters and talk about how the entire story in motion helps to make a good narrative.
>>
>>3463575
I spent all of my money on children's trading cards, then beat up all of my C-rank shitters to get the Rising! card and she was standing by the card counter after that.
Her duel is tough but doable if you build your deck well and know how to play it.
Just looked at her stats on the wiki and if they're accurate she has a serious case of Magikarp power.
Level 31 Shixeen: 98 PWR, same as level 20 Nowa and level 18 Yusuke.
Level 62 Shixeen: 264 PWR, same as level 62 Nowa and level 56 Yusuke.
Level 77 Shixeen? 358 PWR, same as level 99! Yusuke, and between 80 and 81 for Nowa.
Unfortunately since it has SuikoEXP I'm assuming characters will only be around 60 by the endgame unless you purposefully keep them a low level and then feed them all of the exp from a group of endgame mobs, but Shixeen definitely seems to be one of the best characters to do this with, if her nearly 500 PWR at level 99 is accurate.
>>
File: azRocuR.jpg (645 KB, 2560x1440)
645 KB
645 KB JPG
>>3463580
Luck is a skill too
Just get everything

Also
>spoiler
At that point the growth kinda loops back to being irrelevant if you're never going to have a chance to have fun with her while progressing the game
>>
I'm glad that Reyna is pretty great as a tank, full row cover is amazing
>>
>>3463587
Yeah Reyna is insane. And her cover also has a decently high proc rate AND works on magic attacks though you don't get the counter in that case.

She's also pretty easy to kit out to cover her magic defense weakness and has rune slots and space to easily get S armor which practically makes her invulnerable to physical damage.
On top of having a decent mp pool (only rarity 2 spell slots though) so you can give her some utility. And ALSO that team attack is great. For the low cost of 2 SP you replicate the effects of an 80 MP spell.
>>
>>3463480
>It's still a fine game to play.
It's not though. As discussed the actual gameplay is all kinds of fucked.
>>
>>3463524
A big problem with this kind of thing is that the translation staff is often decided on so very long after the game is funded. So while so many new customers can choose what to do, if they want to play or not, backers are basically fucked. And it's not even a matter of demanding control or say in matters but I'd have liked to know this kind of shit before I chipped in,
>>
>>3463590
I'm interested to know how did they manage to fuck up even the story.
>>
File: hard mode btw.jpg (555 KB, 1918x1080)
555 KB
555 KB JPG
>ENJOY OUR TOTALLY COOL PUZZLE BOSS BATTLES BRO
>THE PUZZLE IS LITERALLY A 50/50 COIN FLIP I HOPE YOU'RE LUCKY BITCH
>Subtle tells in the boss that show which direction they're going in? A clear pattern in battle flow that will indicate where they're going? The fuck is that? I HOPE YOU LIKE GAMBLING BRO
Who the fuck designed this shit.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (341 KB, 2560x1440)
341 KB
341 KB JPG
I've unironically never been more hyped in a minigame.
Having to chain together that many power struggles in a row to win was fucking dope.
>>
>>3463599
Beyblade was gay
>>
Man, what the fuck did they do to Ymir.

In JP, his dialogue is just being a exasperated bureaucrat. And his line delivery has that dry baritone "I'm too tired for this shit" emotion to it.
In EN, he is that passive aggressive cunt from human resources. There's a lot of sass and insults that weren't in the JP dialogue. And line delivery is the stereotypical effeminate camp gay dude that is dripping with "please punch me in the face" sarcasm.
>>
It really annoys me that people are not only accepting but defending this shit because they think it adds flavor.
>>
>>3463610
It's over
>>
Lam is putting me on her back. Goodness gracious.
>>
>children in remote villages have dragon fang or whatever beyblades
>you have pleb practice ones
kek,i guess you have to get better ones?
>>
>>3463674
Yeah. They've got a decently low drop rate though.
>>
Which Suikoden games are considered good again, besides 1 and 2?
>>
>>3463694
>>
Is the shark racing game actually fucked up? Half the time you can only turn one direction which can be the opposite of what you want. I actually stopped and alternated pressing left and right and it still only turned one direction.
>>
>>3463770
Keep forward held while turning. It worked for me and made it really easy to control, I ended up beating all the times for the story and recruit races pretty easy doing that.
>>
>>3463694
5 and Tierkreis
>>
>>3463674
Youngster Joey strikes again
>>
>>3463596
Gameplay is the easy part, you can literally copy a games that are good and make slight changes - but they fucked up the formulas here because they didn't care to test their own game.

Story is the hard part and why most media is trash.
I envy you if you don't think so though.
>>
File: Capture.png (841 KB, 1899x867)
841 KB
841 KB PNG
Patch "soon" which will fix the Lam bug it seems
>>
File: 1694461756604221.gif (2.37 MB, 480x480)
2.37 MB
2.37 MB GIF
>>3464049
i already got it on ps5
>>
>>3464049
>Switch performance issues
How bad is it?
>>
>>3464051
Well I know what I'm doing now then
>>
>>3464024
>gameplay is easy
>story is hard
Yeah if you are catering to absolute retards. There are about 38 stories. Grow the fuck up or have a memory greater than a goldfish.
>>
>>3464052
bad
>>
Is there a program that recognized kanji in a game and displays furigana above them on the screen while ingame? I really dont want to have 3 windows open.
>>
>try to get Pawn Demon beyblade
>treasure chest with Spiked Armor
there had better be a Treasure Finder you can recruit who gives you a list of all the chests you missed
>>
>>3464049
>cooking battle judging scores
Glad I blitzed through that garbage.
>>
>>3464064
?
You're the retard, if you mean there is the same variation of stories, yes - but writing them to be interesting to anyone who's be able to read for more than a few years is the hard part.
The characters, the execution, perhaps some clever twists allow the same basic framework to be enjoyed by someone who isn't just there for Goku to ascend to the next level of ssj.
This is a jrpg at worst its a rpg maker tier battle system that people whine about(this game is close to that) or you toss in a bunch of gimmicks to the turn based system stolen from older games but you rename them or slightly tweak them so you don't get sued/shamed.
>>
>>3464169
Jrpg would be better with all the story removed. It can only ever be a negative.
>>
>>3464161
Scores have been so shit across the board I half started to suspect that my :judges" were purposely cheating to give my cook the W.
>>
>>3464265
It would almost make sense honestly. It was more shocking when they'd give respectable to good scores than when they'd give a total of 1 or 2. The dude who had the blue curry and was apparently using foraged ingredients alongside bugs and mud or whatever ended up with 3 points total in the end when I had 33 total at the end.
>>
>You need to beat three more people to challenge me to tops!
NO! FUCK YOU! I"m sick of running around looking for filler matches! This mini game is so padded and it never goddamn ends.
>>
>beat an optional boss in it's 2second hardest state
>get so much xp that I have to bench my main party due to them inflating outrageously
Shit.
>>3464372
I only saw that once when I was about to take on the boss.
I was just beating people up as I went along and it happened naturally.
It's kind of insane how strong you get with just a few tops and good timing.
>>
>>3464373
You get shit for tops for so long that you can barely play the game when it's first introduced. But even if I was doing as I went the whole effort is an ordeal and Reid's not near cool enough to where I want to actually do it and if it wasn't for the need to get a full roster for the good ending I'd balk. And I still have to do all this cooking shit.
>>
>>3464380
Reid is kinda disappointing. I was hoping so fucking much that they'd give him a cool Lens ability but he doesn't have one.

I was hoping they'd give him a move where he swings the top and like Neo Absolute Zero actually manifests, maybe accompanied by various tropes like shouting DOKAAAAAAN!~ or some such.
But yeah the starting tops all suck. However the forest has a top that can carry most of the early game from the bear rider. That bear rider top is so outrageously strong I was still using it to beat the first of the big 4.

I think it would have flowed better if you got tops from all victories and grinding the enemy was an alternate method of acquisition. Or maybe you get doc earlier than you do so farming them early is faster. As without an item boost and the drop boost it's quite slow to get even the tops from the enemies outside of where town.

Still I ended up liking it in the end. They play hard enough into the tropes and realizing you can win stupidly lopsided battles with top selection and timing was big fun.
>>
>>3464384
I did nothing and won most of the rounds. LITERALLY NOTHING except mash the x button when the bar filled. I still won most of the time. There is no timing. There is no skill or challenge. They do not play hard. The game is awful.
>>
>thought Falward was in his 20s or even 30s
>he's only 14
what the fuck
>>
>>3464473
One of the better healers too.
I wish the other two members of that 4 member team was great if for no reason than to give Yume her entourage. But holy hell Leon and Faye are awful.
Right now.
>>
>>3464477
>One of the better healers too.
That's gonna stop mattering as soon as you get a steady access to better items
>>
File: 4rt7QR6.png (35 KB, 927x93)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>3464488
You're not a coward are you?
>>
Why is every new recruit worse than the last? Where are all the good units?
>>
File: 1698801590337736.jpg (64 KB, 1024x768)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>3464509
the good unit was with you all along, anon, and their name was mio
>>
File: 92.png (1.64 MB, 1920x1080)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>A ton of characters join underlevelled by about 10 levels
>Most people just write them off as useless solely because of their low level
>The experienced Suiko player can easily get them up to level 90 in a single battle solely because of their low level
Man truly is two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>3464492
>Caring about trophies
You're an idiot.
>>
>>3464538
First of all, how needlessly rude.
Secondly, there's no trophy for that.

You're only playing with these options on for fun.
>>
>>3464535
I mean if you're at end game sure. But if you get a cool character and you want to use them throughout the game their statline is a bit of a bummer.

I've been dragging this... THING through the game just so Yume can have a unite attack. But outside of the unite attack this thing exists to die sporadically as there is no reality in which even with the wyvern leather shoes and Expert Evasion turned on, that this character will ever dodge a single attack. Of course that might just be me not understanding how evasion works. Maybe I need to pump speed or Luck instead....

Hmm
I'll try that I guess. Also why does it have armor. She will never survive a single attack coming her way.
>>
File: mZdCCuL.jpg (339 KB, 2560x1440)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>3464545
Forgot the image.
>>
>>3464545
>end game
>level 32 Nowa
That's not an endgame party or an endgame area. It's the seacave to the east of Hishahn.
>>
>>3464549
Oh. Sorry I thought you were saying bad characters were good, not that you can just use the rubberbanding to slingshot them to a higher level.
>>
None of the recruits feel cool.
>>
File: 1693642249347685.jpg (216 KB, 680x506)
216 KB
216 KB JPG
>neclord castle
>>
>>3464551
Lam is kinda cool, Reyna would be cooler if she didn't have p*nk hair.
>>
>>3464550
Well the level 92 Faye would be attacking with the PWR of a level 74 Nowa so she'd definitely be viable there.
Or you could do the safer "grind" to Level 56 which makes her have the PWR of a level 33 Nowa which is basically what he'd be at at that point of the game so even being significantly overlevelled she wouldn't even be overpowered.
But no, I was saying Suiko exp formula is fucked where the lower level characters will easily catch up to the main party and the people who immediately write off a character for joining at "too low of a level" are foolish even if they don't exploit the game mechanics to gain 72 levels in a single battle
>>
Why do a lot of the English VAs talk awkwardly or like retards? Their flow of speech is just off.
>>
File: seign.jpg (3.23 MB, 2480x2980)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Seign should have the protagonist. He's the one with plot agency. He's the son of a noble family of a corrupt kingdom spurred by the words of a dead family member to act in a way to adheres to honor even if it puts him at odds with his own nation. That's interesting. That's a plot hook. Nowa is just... I LIKE TO MEDDLE! Seign's team has actually history and feel like their actually friends with a bond. They even have a team up attack to show for it. You could have so much more to work with if we were following Seign outside a handful of missions. There's potential for conflict, hesitation and internal drama. You could expand on the stuff with Yaelu's village. So why am I playing as Nowa outside of the fact that he LOOKS more like the hero of S2.
>>
>>3464559
A counter argument is that a good number of people would prefer to be underleveled rather than overleveled because "what's the point of playing a game that can just play itself?"
You could just watch a movie or read a book (instead of wasting electricity by having the boring game play itself in the background while you do things are more interesting).

But with this game being broken as it is, there might not be any reason to care about the battle system.
>>
>>3464565
Shut up, white boy.
Didn't you see how honorable Nowa was when he threw a rock to save a small blue bird from a hawk at the start of the game?
That's like zen and fighting oppression and equity.
I don't know about the 3rd character on the cover that I assume to be a protag.
I do know a chud like you would call her "some dumb nigger bitch" but I assume she is stunning, brave, bold, and highly dignified with all sorts of agency and drive!
>>
>>3464565
I had these exact thoughts during the Seign segment. Nowa is just so bland and detached in comparison.
>>
>>3464574
Go back to /v/
>>
>>3464585
Right? There's this scene where he says goodbye and thank you to his father, who tells him to stick to his ideals, and if we actually spent time establishing their relationship and exploring the death of his older brother? This could have been absolutely beautiful. But instead we get Nowa who... does nothing.
>>
Not being able to save wherever you want really hurts honestly.
>>
>>3464608
That's pretty normal for these games. You're spoiled.
>But muh progress.
If you're in such a hurry that you need to leave the game now and can't hold out to a save point, then your house is on fire and you have bigger problems than losing a half hour of dungeon time.
>>
>>3464609
Modern RPGs have allowed you to save wherever you want, whenever you want. It's a good change and you're stupid if you think it isn't. It isn't about "being in a hurry", it's simple convenience.
>>
>>3464614
Of course modern rpgs are also all trash.
>>
>>3464621
This game is also trash, checkmate retard.
>>
Why is Reid such a piece of shit to recruit? Fuck beigoma.
>>
>>3464692
Seriously right? He's not some amazing unit or a hot chick. He's an annoying nerdy cunt with a stupid voice and he's making me do more work and waste more time than every other character combined.
>>
>>3464698
The fact he isn't amazing in combat or anything is what's offensive honestly. You can't lock a character behind all this nonsense and make them mediocre
>>
File: 1711161107566073.jpg (115 KB, 1000x1000)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>basement mysterious room
Is this the endgame mode? Almost wiped my party because I don't know everything in there would be like 15 levels higher than my party, but seems like a great way to level up & find some unusual runes.
>>
>>3464750
I'm sure he balances out at end game but you can get him very very early (relatively speaking) and he's kinda poo trash
Master Chef's wife at least has the common decency to be an offensive juggernaught made out of paper

Reid sucks AND has bad stats and rune slots and the only hero attack you have with him is with the prof for 3 SP that does like no damage. Rubbish
>>
File: NWsWLSX.jpg (314 KB, 2560x1440)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
alright
I have no fucking clue how to parse this clue
>>
>>3464924
The town of yore is Athrabalt, it calls it that because it's supposed to be an old city that has been around for a long time
>>
Muscle Wizard is the only mage worth using. Magic is so worthless, aside from giving physical characters a bit of utility.
>>
>>3465071
>use the quad mage combo attack
>it does so little damage and is so expensive that the fights that aren't ended far before that point would be better of dealt with by using their individual SP actions.

I thought I found a cheat code.
Leon kind of sucks because of spell costs. If they were cheaper he'd be good, but they're not so he's not.
Everything about how piss poor magic is makes it seem like it's balanced exclusively for late game including stat growths

The balancing needed more work.
>>
>>3465071
i mostly use if for heals and deleting shields
>>
>>3465082
>backline mio
I mean I respect the grind. But at that point wouldn't shixeen be better given she enables shield breaking on everybody without MP?

Also how's NG+
Do cycles do anything to difficulty or is it more a vehicle to have all your toys (characters) from the start?
>>
>>3465084
she was only back there because i was leveling her and didn't want instant death

also i haven't finished the game yet, but i think it's the latter
>>
File: 1653670228956.jpg (25 KB, 400x400)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>"there's a really strong monster past here so you can't go any further because, well you just can't"
>>
>unwinnable dual after boss
Sweet, thanks game. Let me just go back 30 hours earlier to another save.
>>
Why is there so much fucking dialogue, holy fuck shut up you cunts. Games need to fire the writer early instead of having them add more and more bullshit because they have nothing to do.
>>
>easy 200 HP revive items from playing Yugioh
We are so back
>>
File: Seriousopa1.jpg (136 KB, 637x460)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>3465111
>There is nothing actually interesting past both these places both mechanically and narratively
>>
>>3465082
Hot damn, S-Rank shield?! NG+ will be insane. Are there character moments in this game or no? Just feels like people know people for reasons. Like, how does Falward know Francesca?
>>
>>3465474
I can't remember if I'm 100% correct but I'm pretty sure that boss had an S+ shield the first go around as well.
Anyways anon said they weren't in NG+
>>
>>3465487
When I fought the boss, it was A. I won by getting the golem to repeatedly heal the shield until I won.
>>
There is an gauntlet in the castle you can unlock that has a couple battles then boss. It forces you to use one out of a group of characters. The order may be random but I've had that boss first twice.
From what I can tell, if you damage that shield, the big guy wastes his turn repairing it.
>>
>>3465474
Most of how you learn about how characters know each other is thru using the divination booth, sort of like how the detective characters in Suikoden would give you backstories and character info. Some of it will come up when you send certain groups on missions together thru the guild, or when you take certain groups of people to the hot spring baths, or thru the character lines in the bottom right of the screen in some areas sometimes.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (3.74 MB, 1280x720)
3.74 MB
3.74 MB WEBM
>>3464565
>There's potential for conflict, hesitation and internal drama. You could expand on the stuff with Yaelu's village. So why am I playing as Nowa
Seign as the MC wouldn't fit the tone they were going for, as you just outlined, so that's why you're playing as Nowa. His section of the game is already a lot more serious than everything else in it. Why they chose to go that route is another question.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.