[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Chrono-Trigger-Lavos.jpg (259 KB, 2000x1000)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
This game's plot makes absolutely no fucking sense.

Crono, Lucca, and Marle are teenagers in the year 1000. Lavos comes in 1999. So why the fuck should they care about Lavos?

Let's say they live to be 120 years old. That's in the 1100s. Lavos is almost 900 years away. If they have children in the 1010s and their kids also reached 120, Lavos would be around 870 years away.

They won't ever have to deal with Lavos. Their kids won't deal with him. Their grandkids won't deal with him. The great-grandkids will be born 900 years before Lavos. Add twenty greats and he's still a couple centuries away.

SO WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CARE ABOUT LAVOS
>>
>>3455953
Lavos is just a lazy villain slapped on the game as an endgame boss.
No character or backstory whatsoever he is just there as le final boss for you to kill and end the adventure.
>>
>>3455956
But iirc isn't the entire adventure past the very early game completely optional? It's all to take down Lavos, who they could safely ignore.
>>
>>3455953
what would it be like if you didn't eat breakfast this morning?
>>
>>3455953
don't care didn't ask
>>
File: 000.png (233 KB, 568x319)
233 KB
233 KB PNG
>>3455953
>>
>>3455953
what kind of fucking subhuman is like "yeah i saw the absolute devastation of humanity that'll happen if i ignore this problem, and yeah i could do something about it, but liiiiike i don't really caaaare like it's not my probleeeeem" like what the fuck is the matter with you? "duhhhh someone else will do it" fuck you, fuck yourself. fucking zoomer subhuman filth.
>i-i'm not
if you're not a zoomer you think like one and that's worse. fix your fucking brain.
>>
>>3455953
Sociopath hands typed this post
>>
>>3455953
because they're heroes, and you're not
>>
>>3455953
>SO WHY THE FUCK DO THEY CARE ABOUT LAVOS
Just because they might not be around to see what'll happen to their progeny doesn't mean no one is ever going to be hurt or that it's not even a problem worth solving.
>>
It doesn’t matter.
But, canonically lavos is sucking the planet and its people of life energy so going back in time to kill it would theoretically make life in their time better somehow.
>>
>>3455996
I was born in 1987. I have felt this way ever since first playing the game in 99. 25 years of confusion.
>>
File: 4903284029843.png (218 KB, 497x495)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>3455953
>find out that if nothing is done then humanity is doomed to be 95% wiped out by a giant space tick and the survivors and their descendants will live in miserable squalor for hundreds of years after if not forever
>"Um ok, but like, how does this affect YOU personally???"
>>
>>3455953
? what the fuck. Ofc it makes sense to save humanity, not everyone is as selfish and retarded as you.
>>
In most societies people would grow up to care about each other but op is from some fucked up world
>>
>>3455996
he's clearly a boomer, us zoomer chads will not pass the buck of the end of the world, at least not yet
>>
>>3456034
America?
>>
>>3456034
america?
>>
>reddit spacing
>>
File: Dalton.jpg (104 KB, 490x650)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>travel through time to defeat planet devouring parasite to save the earth
>can't stop from chud from killing you and destroying your kingdom
>>
>>3455953
It’s about doing the right thing anon.
>>
>>3455996
This (OP) is a quintessential boomer way of thinking.
>>
>>3455996
OP is right.
Anything else is just soapboxing.
Almost every member of the human race is, was and will continue to contribute to both the microplastic issue and the sea plastic patch.
Dupont got away with Teflon, they killed locals in the community and people got cancer. People still get cancer from teflon today. When you see a news article about them finding forever chemicals in your food and water at the other side of the world? You can thank dupont.
The safe amount? What is the safe amount? The safe amount is 0, but because Dupont was caught with its dick in its hand it campaigned to raise that safe level.
Your great, great, great, great, great, great, great grandkids will be getting cancer from microplastics and chemical byproducts, there will be people within your generation who are getting hit by this and you're just standing by continuing to consoom, continuing to let dupont execs go free and buying a new phone?

Yeah. See, that's because OP's right.
Why the fuck is it their problem?
They're simply applying the attitudes of people today to the game characters and the characters don't act like real people. People are hypocrites.
>>
>>3456052
>>
>>3456114
>They're simply applying the attitudes of people today to the game characters and the characters don't act like real people. People are hypocrites.
Most people don't have the power to just dismantle Dupont and the apparatuses protecting its owners from justice. Just because things suck now doesn't mean we should throw our hands in the air and die. Maybe if we started moving now, we could make cleaning our water a viable goal but we'll never know because we have pessimistic fags like you who just give up.
>>
>>3456029
Maybe I'm wrong, but wasn't op implying that the 10th generation could've been prepared for the battle?
Either way, lavos is clearly low effort design.

>>3456114
It's pfoa, not teflon per se. Interestingly enough it's still used in pans, just in another way, ergo it's still cancerous. Sadly, that's just one example of thousands, if not tens of thousands.
While we are talking about dupont, they earned on two world wars, effectively making them war criminals guilty of genocide.
Gee, I wonder if Ukraine war has something to do with dupont?
>>
>brown hands typed this post
>>
>>3456114
If I had the ability to time travel and anime sword powers I'd do something about it though.
>>
>>3455956
Fucker has 65,002,300 years of backstory.
>>
>>3455996
Counterpoint, jews still exist. Every civilization to exist has kicked the can down the road saying not my problem.
>>
>>3456114
It's hilarious how quick NPC's script jumped from Covid to microplastics.
Plastic comes from oil, that's why they are fucking western civilization over for these ridiculously petty issues like straws and grocery bags. It has nothing at all to do with China and India dumping all their garbage in the ocean.
>>
>>3456146
Alright anon.
What's your party of 4 look like to take down Dupont and the harmless scientists trying to better the world?
You're gonna start in the 1800's and finish up somewhere around WWII. Lawman? Nazi scientist? Cancer survivor turned part cyborg from the year 2145?
Any of them going to be using guns or is everybody wielding a sword?

>>3456119
>>3456137
Yeah sorry I used Teflon, it's easier to remember in the moment than PFOA's & PFA's. They are protected and there's not much the average person can do about it. You can campaign, you can write letters to your politicians.
It's there to serve as an example of an issue that these generations have where no action is taken by the masses and the villain is still in play. Only to serve as a counterpoint to the posts about "doing the right thing", "caring about each other" or "boomer mentality". It's not generational at all when ignorance is applied to all.
>Maybe if we started moving now, we could make cleaning our water a viable goal but we'll never know because we have pessimistic fags like you who just give up.
There are efforts and campaigns to do this and it is being done. There was some news a few years back about trying to break them down with enzymes. If these chemicals were banned in all forms today it would still take significant research and effort to clear up. They bind to anything and everything, even dust.
>>3456153
lol
>>
>>3456150
They were expelled 5 bagillion times and are now surrounded by enemies while their 100y propaganda is collapsing.
>>
>>3456157
Worst part is that the wars that are ahead of us won't change shit.
>>
>>3456157
Alright anon, but you're not gonna like it. Assuming I'm the party tactician, this would be my party comp;
> Buddha - Cleric
> Zapata - Gunslinger
> Trotsky - Beserker
> Fidel and Guevera as one of those members whose two people but count as one as a bomber class
>Emma Goldman as support
If we can supplement our sword powers for guns then I'd prefer guns.
>>
>>3456157
>It's there to serve as an example of an issue that these generations have where no action is taken by the masses and the villain is still in play
It's still a pretty weak analogy. Iirc, Lavos sleeps beneath the planets crust and most people have no idea he exists. He's a cataclysmic event waiting to happen that no one could realistically predict unless they had literal time travel. People know about Dupont and we'd very obviously like their bullshit to stop, there's just legions of people in the way to ensure they stay making money. You can say "Well you're just a righteous dreamer" but even average people will stand in your way when it comes to the environment. The Chrono Trigger party has the benefit of all ideologically being on the same page. We don't.
>>
>>3456164
Okay guys let's make sure we never designate the task of saving the world to this guy.
>>
>>3455953
>in trying to return to your time you find out the future is fucked
>make a good friend who comes from the future (robo)
>have both the means and ability to save the future
>enemy is not just a creature that destroys this world but is from a species that destroys countless worlds during its lifespan, while birthing hundreds of offspring on each world it stops at.

So, you admit you are both a coward and a sociopath? Definitely not hero material. I bet you can also only find enjoyment in the Renegade path in the ME series, choose to become the swarm or lich in P:WoR and joined the legion in FO:NV

>>3456114
If all the worlds problems could be forever solved by killing just one difficult to kill person then I'd gladly make that sacrifice. Unfortunately that is not the case. An accurate analogy of modern problems in Chrono Trigger would be:
>work hard to kill Lavos
>20 other adult Lavos's see this and intantly wipe your party with laser beams from space.
>turns out there is tens of thousands of them handing around just outside the planet
>after your dead one takes original Lavos's place
>depending on which one, the world still ends just either a few hundred years earlier or later
>your sacrifice was in vain
>>
>>3456194
You say that, but if he could actually recruit Buddha (a god level being) then he could save the world with little to no effort.
>>
>>3456115
It decreased over time and then saw an uptick at specific intervals where migration saw an increase (2009, 2014, 2016). Don't play dumb, anon.
>>
>>3455953
Cool thread.
>>
>>3455953
I feel this way about climate change, I have a hard time caring that people in the future will suffer I guess because I just see that as a given. Humanity is going to go extinct some day, it's unavoidable. But I guess a part of that is that I feel like I have no power over it.
On the other hand, the fact that people right now are homeless, going hungry, etc. bothers me a lot despite my ability to change that being about the same. Something about the future-orientedness of the former just makes me not care, I guess like I said because I figure there has to be a point where humans die out.
>>
>>3455953
It would be cool to have a game with a setup like this and there is a childless crone that is just like I don't care and means it
>>
>>3456332
it's kinda crazy how people like you worship at the feet of a death cult while claiming some vague empathy towards the pains of strangers in your loveless lives. a life in hell.
>>
>>3456332
>Something about the future-orientedness of the former just makes me not care
This is unironically a symptom of being brown.
>>
>>3456332
Climate change isn't a real thing. Earth is 5C colder than average at the moment.
>>
File: chrono-trigger-toriyama.jpg (1014 KB, 2560x1696)
1014 KB
1014 KB JPG
Chrono Trigger is the legendary game that will filter anyone who approaches it with preconceived ideas. Which happens very often because the profile of the average Chrono Trigger hater is that of the pseudo-intellectual who gets to play the game to verify if is truly "the greatest ever" just to get bonked because of the very nature of its genuine adventure spirit.

The best part is, now Toriyama has passed away at an early age, Chrono Trigger will remain as unique piece of work, thanks to his distinctive art-style. Forever remaining in its legendary status, and living rent-free in the head of its haters.
>>
>>3456419
68 isn't early.
>>
>>3456419
It really is one of the few games I've played that feels like a genuine adventure, alongside Dragon Quest 8. It's a comfy warm bath or mug of coffee wrapped in a blanket in winter by a fire. It's just comforting to the soul to slip into sometimes.
>>
>>3456419
Toriyama's work and the amount of it make AI of his style one of the easiest to do.
>>
Hundreds of years from now "humans" will be biosludge plugged into endless torture machines, unable to escape. Lavos is an inbuilt fear of the progressive "enlightened" mind that all their "glorious" works will be for naught, that they won't be absolute masters ruling over an undifferentiated slave class in white plastic future cities forever. That a destroyer will come from above and put an end to all their delusions and vanity.
>>
>>3455953
Because they care about humanity and not just themselves.
You might not give a shit about humanity, but you're not the idealistic teen protagonists of a JRPG.
Better questions would be why they approached this problem with any sort of urgency when they had a time machine and could've taken months or years to prepare, or why they didn't tell anyone else about the threat or leave any warning for the future, and instead tried to take on the godly powerful alien personally.
>>
>>3455953
original draft had our heroes be living in 1999 a.d.
>>
File: ET89LGfVAAoWgl_.jpeg.jpg (754 KB, 2048x1448)
754 KB
754 KB JPG
>>3456332
>I guess a part of that is that I feel like I have no power over it.

That's exactly and simply why people enjoy stories about saving the world. It gives you catharsis and a feeling of control and hope.

At least with homelessness you know you can help your family if you need to or volunteer at soup kitchens. But in the end your family is all that you should focus on. Incidentally in Trigger everyone is an ancestor or descendant of Marle which is why she cares.
>>
>>3456664
That makes a hell of a lot more sense if true. Even the shit about a fucking clown at a circus fair having cloning technology.
>>
>>3455953
If you could time travel to the times of the apocalypse to bitch slap Satan you wouldn't? What a sissy!
>>
>>3455953
I assume you're not going to leave a living will for anyone in your family then
>>
>>3455953
Because the idea about the eventual extinction of mankind is depressing? Especially if there was a way to avert it?
>>
>>3455953
because not only Crono and friends can time travel, any megalomaniac could pop at any time and write you off history unless you destroy the source of the time rifts
>>
>>3456976
You could also lose your dumbass mom and cat
>>
>>3455953
I mean if I found out the world was going to end hundreds of years into the future and I had the ability to stop it, then it would be pretty hard to simply ignore the fact that I didn't try.
Seems like a good enough reason to devote your life to.
>>
File: yandere dev time meme.png (366 KB, 1764x824)
366 KB
366 KB PNG
>>3455953
good time management skills?

https://youtu.be/eXJkecLBhOE?t=640
https://youtu.be/tgXZuGIMuwQ?t=62
>>
>>3455953
because they could time travel therefore figured they could fix it
they were right
>>3455956
No, Lavos is the Moby Dick of jrpgs. Pure force as antagonism. Only thing close is Sin from X.
>>
>>3456060
Gets undone by Cross so who cares
>>
the thing is that they directly witnessed the outcome. it wasn't just some thought experiment about the far future, they saw it with their own eyes. that isn't something you just ignore for the rest of your life if you have the opportunity to correct it.
>>
>>3456052
>>3456274
>develop redditspacing as meme to fuck with redditors
>reddit now thinks its real and posts it unironically
>>
>>3456060
Apes are so silly
Reptite supremacy is the way to go
>>
>>3455953
Nobody can explain empathy to you, you either have it or you don't.
>>
File: 4 types edit.png (209 KB, 1900x1124)
209 KB
209 KB PNG
>>3455953
>>3456001
samefag

sociopathy is aligned with society like it's name suggests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3hu2gFRDR8

OP was talking about something that far extends that
that makes you a sociopath because it overreaches and extends it's original boundaries

>Sociopath hands typed this post

THANK YOU DOCTOR
THANK YOU DOCTOR
THANK YOU DOCTOR

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rDUlNqRM0a4
>>
So wasn't it because Lucca accidentally sending Marle back in time ended the war against the fiends too early and because Frog fucked off to pity himself instead of fighting against Magus like he was initially supposed to. Magus gained time to try and summon Lavos to kill it, but your party stops him, otherwise Lavos would have destroyed the world in 600. He scatters everyone throughout time, where you learn what the deal about Lavos is, and to fix the timeline Lucca fucked up, everything has to be set back in place. Lavos in 1999 is irrelevant, but the chain of events leads to too many things that need to be fixed otherwise time is irreversibly fucked because of the Kingdom of Zeal.
>>
>>3455953
sounds like you need to replay the game
>>
>>3458340
The world doesn't end in 600 even if you don't fight Magus. At worst Magus gets eaten for biting off more than he can chew.

Proof: none of the alternate endings have the world getting destroyed in 600 AD
>>
>>3455953
Yeah
>>
>>3456029
That feels like how /v/ shills every bad and shitty choice made by every company ever
>>
>>3458460
In theory the world doesn't end because if its not (you) who messes magus summoning lavos, is glenn who does it
In one of the endings if you get the masamune and end the game, then he goes alone to fight magus by himself
>>
>>3458460
like what other anon said >>3458476
It's either you or Frog that stops Magus from destroying the world. Problem is, Marle getting sent back in time causes a different sequence of events to unfold that results in Frog losing faith in himself, which is the key point where history goes off the rails, because someone has to confront Magus and Frog won't do it, and that situation probably ends up playing out differently when you get there, maybe like a difference in time or disruption of the summoning, because maybe Frog would have stopped it before Magus had time to start it, and you showing up instead (maybe late) has Magus and the summoning already in progress, which also results in you getting sent back farther in time for screwing it up.
>>
>>3455953
The story makes perfect sense to literally anybody who has a beain and isnt a newfaggot sociopath.
I dont understand how it can not make sense.
>>
>>3455953
I guess I'll give a serious response that directly responds. Marle and Frog are both justice freaks who would find killing a monster in 900 years perfectly reasonable for justice and the kingdom. Also, Crono wants to do it and Marle will do what her boyfriend wants. Lucca will stay for the time travel to multiple periods. Robo has already had the world destroyed by Lavos so he's fixing his own time period. Magus needs no explanation. Crono and Ayla are there for the violence. Ayla is obvious. Crono is trained in a katana in a world with no war where weaponry has not advanced in 400 years. He probably woke up every day wanting it to be the day he got to stick his sword in some dinosaur/robot/evil wizard/giant alien. He now has his chance and gets to a bang a blonde princess on the side. He's living the dream.
>>
File: 1708354853931511.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>3455953
there is someone larping as zoomer on this forum? From time to time you see threads retarded as this one
>>
>>3455953
It's one thing if you wouldn't choose to save the future yourself, and another if you can't understand why someone else would. The latter makes you some combination of evil or retarded.
>>
>>3458713
I already said I'm Gen X. Born 1987
>>
File: ohnoitsretarded.png (30 KB, 640x640)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>3455953
>>3455956
>>
>>3459276
You're a Millennial, dumbass. GenX was watching MTV while you were learning how to walk.
>>
>>3459298
he is obv a lying zoomer if he thinks 87 is gen x
>>
>>3455953
They're good kids who want to save the planet
>>
>>3456060
Well Dalton could travel to eras they couldn't.
>>
>>3455953
they could've just teleported everyone they met up to 1999 back to the past and give them a life of comfort and safety, then let Earth die out far into the future, maybe they could figure out a way to leave this planet and forget about Lavos, actually helping humanity evolve into a type 2 civilization with the power of magic
>>
>>3460563
ok doctor who
>>
>>3460563
or they could slaughter lavos and study its shell and occupant to understand space travel more deeply and kickstart a new wave of technological innovation using biotech. and considering that lavos has children and so probably isn't the only one in existence, it's good to get a leg up on how to deal with these things before colonizing other planets.
>>
>>3456385
sure buddy
>>
>>3455953
You suffer from apathy and likely a lack of a moral compass. But not really as this is a shitpost thread
It has nothing to do with time. The protagonists have the ability to do something about a situation and do it.

If you were on your way to work and you saw a baby in a stroller on some train tracks, would you do something about it or would you continue to work?
>>
>>3455953
If I was them I'll use Lavos as a excuse to go on adventure unsupervised and have lots of sex with the blonde
>>
File: 447px-Manlytears3.jpg (39 KB, 447x599)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>3455953
If you have to ask, you'll never understand
>>
>>3460628
This is kind of an interesting idea, that Lavos isn't actually a living creature, but a biological spaceship for whatever the alien is that operates it.
>>
>>3456157
>What's your party of 4 look like to take down Dupont and the harmless scientists trying to better the world?
Nothing good has stemmed from rhetoric of progress. Calling these people who accelerate the Earth's destruction "harmless" is disingenuous.
>>
Lavos is a metaphor for the jews. Read Ludwig Klages to understand what I'm talking about.
>>
>>3455963
but OP did eat breakfast
>>
>>3456034
>>3456044
>>3456047
Definitely America, the lead paint makes them less empathetic.
>>
This is the worst fucking Chrono Trigger thread ever. Congrats, OP.
>>
>>3461232
Well, it's a living creature, just a living creature engineered to be a space vessel and planet eater for unknown purposes.
>>
I wonder if that guy who thinks Azala summoned Lavos is still around
>>
>>3460563
>>3460628
>who cares if we rape the planet, we'll just turn outer space into our garbage pit and spread our oversocialized tendencies universe-wide
I recommend suicide, nihilistic jew.
>>
File: 1683585264648137.jpg (96 KB, 378x364)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>>3455956
The fact that there's a FUCKING ROBOT inside and no one ever mentions that is more than enough to make him memorable for me.

Even Chrono Cross completely ignores this and it baffles me. What the fuck did they mean by making Lavos A FUCKING ROBOT ON THE INSIDE.
>>
>>3462324
>>who cares if we rape the planet, we'll just turn outer space into our garbage pit and spread our oversocialized tendencies universe-wide
> nihilistic jew
anon, you are the one being misanthropic and thinking we deserve to go extinct because of temporal delusions born of prolonged civilization that will crumble in the face of frontier realities. you don't even get how you've internalized nihilism.
>>
Why does any ct discussion on this site aways eventually devolves into schizo babble?
>>
>>3462383
because you think people talking about things you don't understand is "schizo babble". basically, skill issue.
>>
>>3462383
It's evidence of CT's enduring quality. All great works provoke unique expressions of insanity in both fans and detractors alike.
Good shit in any case.
>>
>>3456419
>>3456461
Anything Toriyama touched gives me a feeling of childish wonder few things in the world give me. It’s all so simple and naive, yet so comfy and marvelous. I still remember when I first arrived at Zeal; the music, the beautiful spritework, the heavenly peace that it radiated over its dark roots.
>>
>>3462372
>anon, you are the one being misanthropic and thinking we deserve to go extinct because of temporal delusions born of prolonged civilization that will crumble in the face of frontier realities
I'm not a nihilist simply because I don't entertain your humanistic faustian bullshit, and I've already heard this edgy spiel about 'grand new frontiers' to 'conquer' a hundred times over. Ultimately you're the one internalizing a sterile, mechanized conception of life (through rhetoric of 'progress') rather than a vitalistic one, not me. Your way of thinking lead to the ultimate cancer the World has ever seen in the form of Industrialism.
>you don't even get how you've internalized nihilism.
No, I'm just tired of moronic optimist cunts like you. Again, that doesn't necessarily make me nihilistic. Though I am a misanthrope.
>>
>>3462349
>What the fuck did they mean by making Lavos A FUCKING ROBOT ON THE INSIDE.
I never really interpreted anything inside of Lavos as a "robot". What are you talking about? Both forms of the core just look like Toriyama's standard "freaky, super-evolved alien" designs. The whole concept behind Lavos is that the giant spiked body is just a shell for an inner lifeform that forcibly evolves itself by siphoning DNA from every living thing on the planet.
>>
>>3461733
Nah, it's the first interesting one in quite a while. NPC's posted soapbox responses and then it turned.
That's better than the usual fanwank the game gets.
>>
>>3462869
Nah, it is you who is wrong.
>>
>>3462670
anon, oversocialized delusions are a product of a conquered world, propped up by technology, and they can't easily exist in a frontier where practical realities take precedence. industrialization happened, we can't put humpty dumpty back together. what you are describing is staying within its cage and not pushing it into a new paradigm, which suits the existing masters of the world fully, as they want people to feel no optimism or hope or love and simply exist in consumerist misery, a self-regulating slave. space can give us space to grow past growing, since technology has shrunken the world until a multitude of voices inundate children and twist them with mechanical precision. trust me, i'm no proponent of progress, but, we can't go backwards, that's just not how consciousness works for the average person.
>>
>>3462877
You sound like powerpoint presentation for a business merger that nobody is excited for.
>>
>>3462883
wouldn't know, i actually work for a living. my condolences on your life choices.
>>
>>3462877
>space can give us space to grow past growing
Just another example of a carrot and stick used to usher the masses along for the sake of our keepers, as it has been for millennia; "Just keep working hard and you'll have a piece of the pie in the new kingdom! Oh, did I say 'kingdom'? I meant 'continent'! Er, wait, no, I meant 'space'! Yeah, that's the ticket!" Although, personally, my favorite con is "heaven". An entire religion has convinced people to be subservient because otherwise they won't be able to live forever in the magical sky kingdom that doesn't exist and can't be proven!

All of this is distraction to kick the can down the road and keep you showing up to work instead of bombing a federal building. Nihilism is just a rest stop for those of us who have realized this, while the rest of you are still waiting for your 200 acres and a mule that will never come, on this planet or any other. Keep up your monthly donations to Elon.
>>
>>3462877
>what you are describing is staying within its cage and not pushing it into a new paradigm
“Losing is satori. Winning is illusion.” - Kodo Sawaki Roshi

Humanity is a failed species overall, burgeoning its power does not increase its value. I fail to see the ennoblement you find in space colonization efforts when the only purpose seems to be furthering the strength of our species as a whole, when that in of itself is the problem.
>>
>>3462921
and where, pray tell, is the milk and honey of space travel being pushed by the true rules of contemporary society? no, they quashed it in favour of pretentious navel-gazing, materialist finger pointing, and general misanthropy such as yours, a worldview that sees humanity as a virus that should be stamped out, because who would fight to defend their fellow when they see mankind as trash. i can see right through you, anon, you really can't engage with ideas, which is why you took on a small part of my post. consider yourself exposed.
>>
>>3462932
zen can easily be used as a technique of population control.
>it's good that you have nothing!
eat the bugs. live in the pod. own nothing.
>>
>>3462944
>individual pursuits of enlightenment can uhh.... be used to subvert society, bro!
Pointless non-sequitur post.
>>
>>3462947
subvert? lol, why do you think it's pushed in the most conformist society on earth?
>>
>>3462951
I genuinely don't care if most of the population dies.
>>
>>3462955
neither do i. i do care that humanity lives in bondage and children are twisted into people like yourself.
>>
>>3462941
>and where, pray tell, is the milk and honey of space travel being pushed by the true rules of contemporary society?
It doesn't have to be. It merely has to exist and mouthbreathers like you will happily bait their own hooks, as you've proven. Our leadership has subsidized the tending of the slaves to the slaves themselves. Yet because you think the mere presence of ideas is synonymous with "progress", you're happy enough to sit in a train car that is going the wrong way, just because it's facing backwards. Consider yourself retarded.
>>
File: 1705061512297920.jpg (38 KB, 542x540)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>3460758
So many people are misunderstanding the thread. It would make sense to help if it required a small amount of effort, or a moderate amount of effort, or even a large amount of non-life-or-death effort. But fighting a 10,000 foot tall world-destroying monster when it's a millennium away is a bit much. Nobody would put themselves at such risk or do something so horrifying in reality over a threat 999 years away.
>>
>>3463732
you aren't forming a coherent argument here because you aren't really responding to me, but to a mental construction of what you want me to be. this is an extremely serious communication problem.
>>
>>3463907
In older times, when a white girl would say "we have to save ALL the puppies" the guy that wanted to fuck her would do some puppy saving until she went awwwwww and got her pussy smashed and forget all about the puppies. These days when a white girl speaks the guy says shut up bitch and smashes anyways so that's why there's a disconnect.
>>
>>3463907
That's what makes them heroes though. Besides it's evidently possible to kill anything with a sword or bare visit in their reality.
>>
>>3463907
>Nobody
anon, just say "I"
>>
>>3464082
He wants to imply that a consensus exists among the voices in his head by pretending that the dissenting ones don't exist.
>>
>>3463907
I mean if I could shoot electricity out of my hands I probably would
>>
>>3460758
>If you were on your way to work and you saw a baby in a stroller on some train tracks, would you do something about it or would you continue to work?
Shit analogy.
I'd leave it. It's a future tax burden and the trains aren't owned by the government so I lose out on nothing. Lost productivity for the wagies who commute and contribute pollution every day? Cry me a river.
Travel back in time and tell me that baby cures cancer and I still wouldn't save it.
>>
>>3456137
>but wasn't op implying that the 10th generation could've been prepared for the battle?
but clearly they're not since they see the world getting destroyed in 1999
>>
>>3456786
I like to think it's not a literal clone, just a life-like doll.
>>
>>3455956
>no character or backstory
He's not a character in the usual sense, but he influenced all of human history. If you watched the movie Twister, would you say "the twister is lazy, it has no character or backstory"? Or even Godzilla or King Kong.
>>
>>3462349
Yeah I agree that was wild. I don't know if it was a literal robot though, maybe it was the result of Lavos gathering DNA from all the organisms on Earth for millenia. Like that's what you end up with.
>>
>>3465324
>eons to make a muppet.
lolvos
>>
This thread is deranged lmfao
>>
>>3464556
Did you just unwittingly prove the analogy to be accurate?
>>
>>3465311
magical clones can exist in magical worlds, remember the jerky that fed an army
>>
>>3455953
How disappointed would you be if you unlocked time travel but there's nothing to see past a certain point.
>>
>>3455953
Empathy.
>>
>>3455953
It's call being a hero don't matter if it's not there problem. It's doing the right thing something you don't understand op because your a selfish asshole.
>>
>must worship old square-slop: the thread
Grim.
>>
>>3455953
there's a literal sidequest about having compassion to people in the past about getting an item that gives you some of the strongest shit in the game.
>>
>>3455953
Because your adhd riddled autism brain doesn’t understand the plot, it’s your moms fault for drinking while she was pregnant with you
>>
>>3468905
>hipsterslop: the post
Expected.
>>
>>3455953
Because they went to the future and directly saw what happens if Day of Lavos is allowed to happen?

Anon, this is a game written for middle schoolers to understand.
>>
>>3469386
the protagonists will be dead by the time day of lavos comes theres no reason for them to care at all
>>
>>3469483
No reason to care about mountains either but mountain climbing is fun.
>>
This thread is still up? Fucking hell
>>
>>3469483
the protagonists are the only ones that can deal with Lavos. additionally, about a quarter to 35% of the way in, the game establishes that most of the bad shit is indirectly due to Lavos's influence. basically it's a classic adventure game with young heroes who understand they're the only ones that can do anything about it. there's also some post game endings that deal with them just screwing off I think.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.