[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GIHriBZbwAAGX7B.jpg (305 KB, 1200x751)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
ITT: We post the...
>last jrpg you beat
>currently playing
>planning to play next
For me its
>Dragon Quest VI
>Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light
>Chrono Trigger
>>
File: kahn.png (582 KB, 760x800)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>Romancing SaGa 3
>SaGa Scarlet Grace (third campaign Taria)
>SaGa Emerald Beyond
>>
File: 1703181169387065.jpg (55 KB, 902x680)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Golden Sun
Star Ocean 2R
Probably FFIX for about the 20th time, also considering an FFVIII playthrough where I don't allow myself to run from enemies.
>>
>None, started a few DQ games though
>FFIX
>Probably FFV
Is FFIX a decent starting point? I’m gonna play it anyways just curious what you guys have to say
>>
File: ff.jpg (1.96 MB, 2456x3000)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
>>3456705
>Is FFIX a decent starting point?
It's the first non-pokemon RPG I ever played, and 20+ years later I'm still playing it and other RPGs. It even ends in the castle in the sky from the OG FF poster/cover. I fucking love that game.
I'd recommend Moguri Mod if you have the PC version, so you can cut-out all of those long battle intros and make the game run faster (without affecting music) if you want. Also Moguri's upscaled graphics and orchestral versions of the music are quite nice.
>>
>Unicorn Overlord
>nothing
>SaGa Emerald Beyond
>>
File: Internet_20240402_112910.png (41 KB, 2040x1440)
41 KB
41 KB PNG
>>3456686
>>last jrpg you beat
Final Fantasy 6
>>currently playing
I tried Linda Cubed Again and Terranigma and couldn't get into them for various reasons. (Mostly IRL shit not the games themselved) and its bumming me out. Im having trouble getting into another RPG.
>>planning to play next
I narrowed it down to FF9, Grandia, or Popolocrois Monogatari 2 but I can't decide. There were at least 20 more I had in mind.
>>
File: DIFN77vUwAAqaCR.jpg (87 KB, 696x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>Final Fantasy IX several months ago
>Swapping between SMT Nocturne HD at work and Persona 5 Royal at home.
>Digital Devil Saga duology
I've tried playing Nocturne multiple times before, but always ended up stopping around the first fight with Thor. I've beaten plenty of other Megaten games in the years since though, so I'm gonna power through that fucker this time.
>>3456686
4 Heroes of Light is a game I loved but will probably never ever play again. The difficulty curve just constantly busted my balls, especially in the last half.
>>
Honkai Star Rail
Brown Dust 2
Both are ongoing so they satisfy all categories desu.
>>
>>3456686
Unicorn Overlord
Nothing
I have no idea. I'm trying to decide which game to play next, maybe Grand Knights History or Breath of Fire 4, but I am bit hesitant to start yet another 50 hour game this fast after the 80 hours UO gave me.
>>
>>3456686
>FF7 Rebirth
>Elden Ring to prepare for the expansion
>Elden Ring expansion, then Dawntrail
>>
>>3456705
IX's a great game, but you'd probably enjoy it even more if you played some of the previous entries first. I've always thought that IV is the best starting point for people new to FF.
>>
>Golden Sun
>Golden Sun: The Lost Age
>Golden Sun
>>
>octopath traveler
>Atelier Lydie & Suelle
>Eiyuden chronicle
>>
>>3456777
>Linda Cubed
Shit, there's a translation?
>>
>>3456996
Yeah for a few months now.
>>
>>3457014
Is the game good? I've been interested in it but I only saw the artworks desu
>>
>Phantasy Star II
>Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
>Phantasy Star II: Generations of Doom
And once I'm done those I will finally pack away my Wii U, which has been connected to my TV since I bought it on launch day.
>>
File: guitar.gif (551 KB, 250x250)
551 KB
551 KB GIF
>>3456686
>Final Fantasy IV
>Romancing Saga 2
>Final Fantasy IV After Years
For those who have completed Romancing Saga 2, do I have to complete the bard quest before defeating Wagnas?
At the moment Wagnas, Subier(his scenario hasn't started yet) and Noel(he wants revenge in the desert) are the only heroes left in my playthrough.
>>
>>3456686
>last jrpg you beat
If we're counting any Japanese RPG, Hydlide (MSX2). If it still has to be turn based, Farland Story (PC98). If we specifically mean something more like the classic JRPG with random encounters and stuff, I wanna say it was Last Bible (Game Gear).
>currently playing
ARPG, but Japanese nonetheless, Dragon's Dogma
>planning to play next
I can't really decide. I've thought about going through Last Bible II, or Super Hydlide since I can't get the English patch for Hydlide 2 to accept my name and stats when I put them in for whatever reason.
>>
>>3456686
>Last
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure. Cute sure, but a pretty shit game insofar as it being a game. I don't know if the sequels are better but this one was rough.
>Current
Tales of Legendia, which I'm very torn on because there's stuff I'm loving in it and stuff that I'd much rather wasn't in the game (eres stones suck ass, it is not a fun mechanic).
>Next
Not 100% sure. Been emulating PS2 games. I think it'd either be Shadow Hearts Covenant, or alternatively I can go back into .Hack and do Outbreak (I paused instead of doing all 4 IMOQ in a row because the dungeons do get to you after a bit).
>>
>>3456686
Recent: Unicorn Overlord
Current: Eiyuden Chronicles
Next: I dunno, I kind of want to play some other stuff and maybe read a book.
>>
Grim thread desu
>>
File: dq4_battle01.jpg (181 KB, 260x404)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>3456686
>last jrpg you beat
Dragon Quest 3
>currently playing
Dragon Quest 4
>planning to play next
Dragon Quest 5
>>
>>3457148
explain.
The only one that's really painful is the SEAmonkey >>3456779
>>
File: 1637845366036.png (85 KB, 622x615)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>3456686
>last jrpg you beat
Legend of Legacy, it was alright.
>currently playing
Bouncing among Dragon Quest VIII and Riviera: The Promised Land
>planning to play next
SaGa Emerald Beyond the instant it comes out.
>>
>>3456686
>FF7:Remake
>LiveALive Remake
>FF7:REBirth
>>
>>3457151
Incredibly based anon, welcome to the golden age of the franchise
>>3457159
Thats such a solid choice to mix it up between the two remake games
>>
>>3457152
rate the others ones please
>>
>>3457152
Star Rail is easily the best game mentioned in this thread desu
Gotta laugh at millennials coping with their version of mihoyo-slop (except they are replaying the slop which is far worse)
>>
>>3456686
>last jrpg you beat
Persona 3 Reload
>currently playing
FF7 Remake
>planning to play next
FF7 Rebirth
>>
>>3457262
Chang you gotta stop eating the bugs
>>
File: 1697321224065778.png (517 KB, 1920x1080)
517 KB
517 KB PNG
I'm like 25 hours into skies of arcadia. It is the greatest jrpg ever made. I don't know what I will play next.
>>
>>3456686
>Tales of Arise
>FF XVI
>FF VII Remakes
>FF X
Planning on FF XII next
>>
File: 1711965110814813m.jpg (80 KB, 1024x576)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
Wait, so most of the supposed jrpg fans here just play square games and that's it? I thought I was less knowledgeable, but it looks like I've played way more jrpgs than the people who post about this stuff usually. Huh.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19 KB, 480x360)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>3456686
>last JRPG you beat
Final Fantasy XV
>currently playing
Dungeon Travelers 2. Final boss of the maingame is feeding me my own eyeballs so I'm grinding up some different classes. They say Joker/Spieler is good but mine is pissing me off
>playing next
Probably SMT2 on SNES or continuing my Pokemon BW replay.
>>
>>3457309
Congratulation!!
>>
>>3456686
>last
Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
>current
Eiyuden Chronicle
>next
SMTV Vengeance
>>
>>3457309
>the last game someone played or is gonna play soon was/is one of the 100 Final Fantasy titles
>that means that people only play Final Fantasy
Amazin'. How did you come up with that conclusion? Also, which post is yours?
>>
>>3456686
>Last JRPG I beat:
Final Fantasy 1 (NES)
>Currently playing:
Final Fantasy 5/12
>Planning to play next
Dragon Quest 3

I'm real bad about starting up a lot of JRPGs all at the same time.
>>
>last jrpg you beat
Ys9

>currently playing
Ys9, for the Platinum. Should be able to get it tonight

>planning to play next
Sisters vs Sisters, just for a little breather before I dive deep into Reverie
>>
>>3456686
>FFVII PS4 Port
>Shadow Hearts on my Free MCBoot PS2
>Shadow Hearts Covenant
>>
>Dragon's Crown
>Dragon Quest XI
>haven't decided yet, but Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy 8 are on the list, as I only played to the second disc of FF8 in the past I believe.
>>
>>3456686
Last game was an obscure Kemco published game called Raging Bytes. Was fun. It's just a JRPG version of George Romero's zombie movies.
Not playing anything right now as I'm away from home for work.
Gonna play Eiyuden Chronicles when I get back.
>>
>>3456686
Currently playing some old games i never played back in the day or never finished.

Arc the lad 1
Vandal Hearts 2
Ring of red
>>
>SaGa 2
>the waiting game
>SaGa Emerald Beyond
>>
>P3R
>SMT Strange Journey (although it's put on hold because I got into Underrail, and it's NOT letting me go)
>SMT V: Vengeance
>>
>>3456686
Madou Monogatari I
Live A Live
Madou Monogatari II
>>
>>3456686
>Persona 4 Golden
>Final Fantasy IV (3D Remake) and Live A Live
>Etrian Odyssey III

FFIV has been fun so far. It has been living up to my experience with VII, IX, and XIII where there's a war crime and a terrorist attack within the first hour or two of gameplay.
>>
>>3456686
Persona 5 Srikers; it was fine
Mega Man Battle Network 2 via the Legacy Collection; so far both better and kind of more annoying than the first title
Not sure what I will play next. I tend to queue up about 10 games and let RNG pick. The next game that I actually plan to play day one will be Paper Mario TTYD in late May.
>>
>last jrpg you beat
P3R, was a nice way to re-experience the game since it's been over a decade since I played FES and I never planned on replaying it because of the Tartarus slog
>currently playing
SMTIII Nocturne HD, just reached Tower of Kagutsuchi after beating the Amala Labyrinth. Having fun even though some of the dungeons have been tedious. 5th Kalpa and the Diet Building weren't so bad though
>planning to play next
SaGa Emerald Beyond, loved the demo despite it obviously being pretty low-budget.
Might also check out Eiyuden if it doesn't turn out to be shit
>>
>>3456686
>Tales of Berseria
>Tales of Eternia, P3P (probably going to drop it)
>Morrowind, Nox or Diablo 2 probably. Maybe another Tales game, but I don't think the other entries will live up to the expectations I have now desu. I also just want to play something western.
>>
>>3456686
>Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Great game, with weird difficulty. I stopped using the double XP if you don't get hit equip pretty early because it was making the game way too easy, but then the final boss felt ridiculous. I think it took like 10 tries for me to finally beat it. That fight made me realize I totally misunderstood how upgraded bros. powers worked, though, so while I had unlocked the upgraded version of each power I was still using the normal version the entire time.
>Golden Sun
>Bravely Default
I've got a pin in GS just before the desert carnival thing. I haven't played this since the mid-2000s, and it's better than I expected. I remembered loving it, but years of reading online discourse had me buying into it being way too wordy. It's definitely wordy, and I'll often note parts of dialogue that just didn't need to be included, but it's not nearly as bad as I was lead to believe. I also never knew about how you could see elemental weaknesses, rainbow kills, or really experimented with djinn placement, so I've got quite a bit of new stuff to tool around with.
BD is alright. It looks great and I like the music, and the battle system is interesting - but the job options thus far blow. I just beat the dragon for the rainbow thread and I'm bored of my options. I barely ever use skills because so far they're just not that good.
>
I'm not sure. I'm either going to continue with some 3DS RPGs, or go for classics. I've always wanted to try Suikoden and this seems like a good time to do that.
>>
>>3456686
>last jrpg you beat
FF10
>currently playing
Not a JRPG
>planning to play next
Not a JRPG
>>
>>3456686
>>last jrpg you beat
I think it was Disgaea 2
>>currently playing
Final Fantasy VI. Playing it for the first time, currently in the World of Ruin and met all my party members except Locke and the optional ones. I'm loving it, this game is amazing.
>>planning to play next
Final Fantasy IV. I've only played the PS1 Final Fantasy games and FF1/FF2 on the GBA, so I intend to play III, IV and V after I'm done with VI.
>>
>>3456686
>last jrpg you beat
Shadow Hearts - From the New World

>currently playing
Tactics Ogre Reborn
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Robotrek

>planning to play next
Baten Kaitos 1 (replay)
Star Ocean 2 remake
>>
>last
FF7Rebirth (though I'm still doing endgame content)
>current
FFV & FFVII New Threat mod
>planning
too many options, but I'm looking at FFVIII, Sea of Stars, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger Enhansa mod, or Eiyuden Chronciles
>>
>>3457094
it's great and there's nothing else like it. give it a play.
>>
Dont remember the last one i finished something always takes my attention.

Now restarted Crystal Project with some mod and randomized classes. feels fresh when i never know what i will have for bosses.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.