[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>there will never be a destined rival in a CYOA game who's absolutely autistic about fighting (You) and (You) alone again
>>
>>3458498
anon your junko?
>>
>>3458498
>He didn't play mecha ace
Also:
>That I can't deny
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qO_m-g1fyE
Kino
>>
>>3458504
I played Mecha Ace, anon. I am a Hawkinsfag and my craving for more wasn't sated.
>>
>>3458498
Guys, what kind of RO would you like to have if you could design one for any game?
>>
>>3458506
for me its wantanabe
>>
>>3458508
An RO where you organically develop your relationship from acquaintance -> friend -> gf/bf and not having to decide if you want to fuck someone after you had one conversation with them
>>
I wonder whatever happened to that writer anon that said he was gonna make a cyoa where you are trapped in a body with 3 other voices. sounds like a neat schizo premise
>>
>>3458508
Autistic rival who creates a special bond with (You) and (You) alone through combat. I am very partial to their rivalry being either honourable or outright vicious highlander shit - anything goes, just give me something like Hawkins again. It was the first time I felt feelings for lines of text.
>>
>>3458515
They went on to write Slay the Princess.
>>
Hawkins was boring and Mecha Ace was ass.
>>
File: 20240417_103306.jpg (1.09 MB, 3000x4000)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
Fujo-chan, how do you feel about never getting your Hawkins art, yet Zaper getting his in several hours just because of a shitpost of mine the artist's seen on here?
>>
>>3458524
not her but I am mildly peeved. it would have been funny to see hawkins get topped by mc-kun
>>
>>3458524
Clearly I must either shitpost better or start learning art myself. The latter sounds like a more reasonable proposition at this point.
>>
File: vietnamese tricks.png (69 KB, 792x493)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
>>3458527
>The latter sounds like a more reasonable proposition at this point.
Verily so.
>>
>>3458553
I will be unstoppable once I'll learn how to draw my own yaoi. Speaking of yaoi, Whiskey-4 is entering its final beta test phase and if you romanced anyone but psycho ex, why?
>>
File: 1450283655311.png (10 KB, 455x451)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
>CoGtrannies
>redditors
>actual discord using faggots
Ban these threads and everyone who uses them forever, nothing of value will be lost.
>>
>>3458557
Are you going to contribute or are you gonna bitch, anon?
>>
>>3458555
because I thought romancing the government shill might be interesting once she sees how shit her government actually is
>>
>>3458560
>contribute to my gay safespace!!!
No. Kill yourself. None of you faggots even pretend to discuss videogames anymore.
>>
>>3458564
Oh, how does her romance progress? Anything fun?
>>
>>3458557
Oh my, you sound so upset! So hot! Wanna have gay sex!?
>>
>>3458566
I haven't played whiskey 4 in a while so theres probably more content to it now, but as is it was just some light flirting and then her slowly coming out of her shell of being the cold govnt agent that supervises you and coming to care for you. I'll probably do her route when it ends beta because I already have enough psycho with junko
>>
>>3458572
Is there any unique stuff in her PoVs once MC goes AWOL and potentially loses an arm? That sounds like an opportunity for a very big crack on her shell.
>>
>>3458573
I really can't remember if I'm being honest. I DO remember having a small moment with her in the ambulance after we saved her from being tortured and I think her monologue while she's imprisoned worries about whisky if your doing her route
>>
Why would anyone be interested in bacon's shite after I, the Cutter One, gov'nor? I flatly gave out a grim chuckle, deadpan.
>>
>>3458576
I'll check back on the demo to refresh my memory, but I remember liking her, she's not an ass even if she's the force that drags you back into the conflict, and her not knowing about the laptop cognihazard thing left me with the impression that shes just someone who grew up on the propaganda and genuinely belives the system does good. she serves as a good foil to the scared cynic that whiskey often is
>>
>>3458585
scarred*
>>
>>3458504
In a time when everyone's trying to be morally gay and rivalries in japanese media are played out, this was amazingly full of so much soul and catharsis. It will be at least a decade before anything like this is ever replicated. And remember - death to lalafells.
>>
>>3458553
>unrestrained mental illness
...As opposed to CoGer's restrained mental illness...?
>>
>>3458598
They're occasionally banned for rambling about how they want to scalp all cishets, so yeah.
>>
>>3458601
Well ain't that fucking nuts. You know, there's nothing inherently wrong with Discord or a moderated chat, because I do believe the heckler's veto is a real thing and your revelation is indicative of that.
>>
>>3458553
>why is it so entertaining
because everyone is anonymous and if someone calls you a fag you can take solace in the fact that thats coming from some random fag on the internet. and sometimes creatives make some cool stuff
>>
>>3458498
>>3458506
retard op
>>
I want to become the Heavenly Demon.
>>
>>3458662
A lofty yet commendable aspiration
>>
File: 1685082441216807.png (95 KB, 404x607)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
>>3458662
Best I get you is Heavenly Jobber, sorry.
>>
File: Cursed-wojak-meme-5.png (185 KB, 600x600)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
>>3458680
>tfw you get a job
>>
>>3458498
not an RPG.
>>
File: 1676670024417585.png (467 KB, 634x480)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>trannies vs chuds
A battle for the ages.
>>
Wow Zombie: Sage Haven is written by a fucking retard
>>
Sometimes I get an urge to write. But then I jerk off and it fades away.
>>
File: Untitled.png (395 KB, 659x387)
395 KB
395 KB PNG
>>3458747
I like it.
>>
>>3458527
Sorry to break it to you but after reading Mecha Age, it isn't ehhhh, exactly my thing. I think Hawkins is a bit of a disappointment for a character.

Still, your dedication to Hawkins is respectable. Hope you can find an artist that share your same dedication.
>>
>>3458498
Conrad Zaar in Moonrunner does this after his first death
>>
>>3458498
As awesome as his fight in endwalker is, I think he should have never been revived. His original story was amazing and I always felt that everything after his arrival just ruined it. His entire endwalker story was just being some loser stalker and even his fight is just following you after you defeat the actual boss. A real disservice to his original character and story.
>>
>>3458738
logh cyoa when?
>>
>>3458738
Chud just means anyone that doesn't go along with trannyism. You're one too
>>
>>3458800
Eh, it's no problem. I understand its flaws pretty well myself - but things don't have to be perfect to inspire interest in them. Many anons like wuxia stuff and cape stuff.
>>
File: charfags btfo.png (1.54 MB, 1254x942)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB PNG
>>3458800
>I think Hawkins is a bit of a disappointment for a character.
B-Based!?
>>
>>3458830
Zenos in SB was garbage who didn't fit the expansion. EW was the first time he was actually any good and matched the themes of the story
>>
>>3458747
Why do you say that? I think it does the job well enough.
>>
>>3458844
So Infinity Series in space?
>>
>>3458498
No WONDER I thought there wasn't a new thread yet. The fucking baker didn't but the "Choose Your Own Adventure Games" in the subject line. Making it not show up in the search
>>
>>3459250
>No you can't be Reinhard, that's a heckin powerfantasy!!
>>
>>3459251
He put it as his tripcode so this will be our slowest thread. We live in trying times.
>>
>>3459275
unsupervised will save us, trust the plan
>>
>>3459275
>He put it as his tripcode
Retard.
>>
is everyone here (and cog community in general) a wordcount queen? almost all of my cyoa ideas consist of games which are short but have a lot of branching
>>
Thank you for recommending me Cyberpunk dreams fellas, I would have literally never played it in my lifetime had you guys not brought it up.
>>
>>3459301
My brother in christ, if you have a lot of branching you'll have plenty of wordcount.

>t. 59k on current chapter and it hasn't really started
>>
>>3459308
Right. I tried some WiPs that have heavy branching, ~60k words and you can finish the latest chapter in few minutes. Kingdoms and Empires on the other hand has no branching but 300k words and it's so long.
>>
>>3459310
>Kingdoms and Empires on the other hand has no branching
If it has no branching can it even be called a CYOA game?
>>
>>3459341
It has minimal branching, if I have to be pedantic. But yes, the author is not using strengths of the medium to tell his story. I could excuse it if the childhood was the only period we are as constrained as we are, and still think it could become a good game in the future if the author made the story less linear after the battle but it's probably unlikely.
>>
>>3459304
You're welcome. I hope you obtain a speck of enjoyment, as impossible as that may be.
>>
>>3459367
I am, I snuck into the city and am currently living life. I paid my rent in advance and I am currently trying to get into a fight club or equivalent. I started a fight in one of those places where you bet on fights and now I have some people after me.
I am also playing a character who has that whole positive morality and just recently got the chance to reflect on my first kill when I first got in. I selected that I enjoy killing (due to my characters combative nature) and am waiting to see how those two traits clash with each other.
>>
If I can only gain enlightenment in the morning. I’d gladly die in the evening.
>>
File: 1643975093787.jpg (335 KB, 680x675)
335 KB
335 KB JPG
>>3458498
I really liked what they did in the finale. It may have been slightly stupid, but the whole finale was pretty much driven by emotion instead of reason anyways.
>>
File: Masami.png (228 KB, 844x897)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
Masami's spiritual masamis...
>>
I hope we will be able to visit a tea house in Aura Clash. I want to play as the autist who literally just wants the tea.
>>
>troll OP
It's over.
>>
>>3459603
If it's any consolation, this thread will never be found in the archive sites. Since we don't link to previous threads or new threads it would simply now show. The OP has made this threads fate to be lost.
>>
>>3459603
>>3459606
make your own thread and save us then chud
>>
>>3459608
>Split the thread
What do you think I am, retarded?
>>
>>3459552
>I want to play as the autist who literally just wants the tea
You already got to [Sip tea].
>>
But when will I get the chance to [sip mei]?
>>
>>3459626
Hopefully soon. Nicky better add festival dates with other girls in the next update instead of kicking that can down the road.
>>
>>3459346
I would be totally fine with minimal branching if those were meaningful story-wise. But at the bare minimum if would have to pass a
>if this were a novel, movie, or other type of linear story, would a reader want to write this branch as a 'what if' fanfiction?
test. If it can't do even that then it's trash.
>>
I know its deviating from the op topic, but are there any CYOA games where you can choose to dedicate yourself to a god/pantheon? big plus if there are multiple options to pick from and there some dynamics between what you did and didnt pick.
>>
>>3459644
Pon Para.
>>
>>3459626
>mei mei says she has to pretend to be a good girl because of her master
>hangs out with a demonic overlord evil murderhobo
cute dummy
>>
>>3459644
Life and suffering of Sir Brante
>>
>>3459650
old faith priest > everything else
>>
>>3459669
That's not the Willist priest albeit
>>
>>3459676
ending too short to matter
t. shadow
>>
>>3459677
It spares you the awful endgame however.
>>
How long has this board had CYOA threads?
>>
>>3459721
37 dog years
>>
>>3459721
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/2859174/#q2868246
>>
>>3459734
>2 years (if I round up)
Well, I'm kicking myself but not too hard.
>>
>>3459737
If you're new check out Aura Clash, it was made by an anon on these threads and he is me

https://dashingdon.com/play/cultivator-anon/aura-clash/mygame/
>>
>>3459745
There is some bitter irony that one of the best Hosted Games is going to come out from a place that hates the original forums.
>>
>>3459745
>new
To these threads, yes. To being really ausitic about CYOAs, less so.
Does anyone else remember Choice of Intrigues being separate from Choice of Romances before all three parts got merged into one?
I can respect a shiller who can strike fast so sure.
>>
>>3459747
wonder why you fags love to project some sort of undying 1000 year hatred in your desire to make teams
>>
>>3459751
People here have been seething about the gay forum since the first thread because of how braindead the user base and moderation are over there. You should have known by now unless you are a CoGtranny yourself.
>>
>>3459754
the forums are shit
you however seem to do nothing but want to talk about those same forums
people aren't seething about them since 90% if the thread is infinity and other slop discussion
my point is you seem to care more about hating the forum and distinguishing yourself from them in some retarded form of elitism than posting anything on-topic
>>
>>3459755
>my point is you seem to care more about hating the forum and distinguishing yourself from them in some retarded form of elitism than posting anything on-topic
As if you knew about my post history, you faggot. If you could, you would see that my seething about brownies is less than 10% of my activity here. Ever since these threads started, I have been given recommendations to new players, discussed the lore of my favorite games, criticized their gameplay, and so on. What did you do for these threads, what allows you to ride your high horse?
>>
>>3459734
>Mention sabres and guns of infinity not expecting to even get a (You)
>It somehow leads to the creation of a not!general
Is this what it feels like to open Pandora's box?
>>
>>3459758
I spent precisely 0% of my posts on this thread on seething about brownies, or cogtrannies, or forumites, or derailing the thread into race autism every time Wang's slop is mentioned
>>
>>3459762
>I spent precisely 0% of my posts on this thread
I'm asking about the whole of your activity, cunt.
>>
>>3459764
*I spent precisely 0% of my posts on this thread and in any previous threads that happened to have the same topic
that make you feel better?
>>
>>3459758
Thank you for your service, ever since you started recommending shit games and discussing 'lore' the quality of these threads has skyrocketed.
>>
>>3459767
Anytime, anon.
>>
Threadly reminder FH is shit and to stop recommending it
>>
>>3459770
You've mistyped one letter, bro.
>>
>>3459780
proofs?
>>
File: KUSOga.jpg (12 KB, 297x170)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>3459782
Here.
>>
>>3459787
I don't think anyone recommends SoH
>>
OP here, what's tripcode?
>>
>>3459789
How fucking new are you
>>
>>3459734
After this thread I've spammed like 7-8 threads and it stuck.
>>
So what CYOA games CAN you show off to others?
>>
>>3459837
Anything not published by CoG life Sir Brante and Sorcery
>>
>>3459837
Probably the dead tree ones.
>>
>>3459837
Night Road was pretty good if you ignore/kill the gay muslim supertech sorcerer entrepreneur genius twink
>>
>>3459864
twinkbros...
when will total fujo death happen so cute boys can be saved...
>>
>>3459762
That's not a good thing. Are you some kind of enlightened, skeptic horseshoe theorist? If so, why don't you go be "enlightened" on the forums instead? They need it far more - you're just killing these threads with your attitude.
>>
>>3459754
>People here have been seething
No one is seething about them retard, even if they are stupid as hell. That's just a (you) thing
>>
>>3460057
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/2965230/#q2966195
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/2972389/#q2973858
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/3083608/#3087860
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/3113225/#q3114056
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/3280176/#q3285166
https://arch.b4k.co/vrpg/thread/2984811/#q2986555
And countless others. We used to post the funniest bits from their forums but a newfag like you wouldn't know.
>>
>>3460077
>infinicancer and dramafagging about not!e-celebs
>>
>>3460077
There is a world of difference between posting funny bits and constantly thinking about them like you appear to be doing. I repeat, seething about them seems to be a you problem. While we can ridicule and mock them for being the way that they as I also have done it the past it actually seething and hating them is not a thing. I have been in these threads from the start, even if you don't believe me and this is my honest recollection and belief.
>>
>>3460085
>I have been in these threads from the start, even if you don't believe me
I don't.
>>
>>3460087
That doesn't matter, I didn't expect you to believe me. However that doesn't change the fact that it is true.
>>
>>3460085
Are you sure you're not blowing things out of proportion because you're assblasted over someone making fun of your buttbuddies?
>>
attention to cultivatoranon and zaper and all the coders and writers of the game i have one question this question is how do you get good at coding/branching? do you rip off other games? keep trying until it eventually works? give up the whole idea altogether. i really dont want to have my game be linear but the amount of variables that have to be tracked is very dizzying
>>
>>3460120
Total noob noname here
>do you rip off other games?
Yeah. I'm too stupid to do it myself.
>but the amount of variables that have to be tracked is very dizzying
What program do you use to write your game?
>>
File: retard juice.png (110 KB, 489x424)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>very dizzying
>>
>>3460124
choicescript
>>
>>3460184
I was asking if you are writing in Notepad, ChoiceScript IDE or something else.
>>
Since the thread is so slow, I will start a discussion to liven it up, using a subject we can all agree with.
Peasant/poor girls are the best ROs out there and everyone who disagrees is a filthy noblefag who will be backstabbed by his wife for profit sooner or later.
>>
>>3460214
post a single game with a well written peasant
>>
>>3460219
My wife Fitzie has show herself to be an outstanding servant in spite of her Irish origins. Much better than the wannabe communist or the failed artist, who kind you, are both rich. Shameful really.
>>
>>3460252
Fitizie is the heiress of Sicilian mafia though?
>>
>>3460214
Writing a peasant that was taken in by the church because she's a filthy g*nger that was orphaned on the streets. Very naive and influencable, take with that what yoh will.
>>3460252
>fails at everything unless your there to help her
cute retard I always have low guts so fitzie gets to steal my breakfast
>>
>>3460285
>uppending the natural order by feeding the Ir*sh
They were literally MADE to starve by the Lord.
>>
>>3460256
>Sicilian
>Being anything other than a peasant
You are a proper British gentleman, talk like that is most scandalous. What would your aunt say if she heard you right now?
>>
>>3460120
keep trying, and don't make your game an "everything" game if you think too many variables are in play. Ideally there should be different routes and allow the player to do different things that cause different events, but at the end of the day the player does have to bridge the gap with the game and answer the call to action. Don't play the superhero cyoa if you don't like superheros, don't play the chink powerautism game if you don't like chink powerautism, ect.
>>
>>3460285
>low guts
>He didn't win the boxing competition with one arm tied behind his back
You all belong in Dormouse with your failure of a cousin.
>>
>>3460296
I'm too busy fixing the newspapers and cucking tabby
>>
>>3460120
>i really dont want to have my game be linear but the amount of variables that have to be tracked is very dizzying
That's what comments are for. And make use of temp variables. Odds are you're keeping a bunch of shit you don't even need.
>>
>>3460252
Filthy I*ish (the European Negro) seductresses are stealing all the Bretonnic men of good breeding, something must be done to combat this calamity.
>>
>>3460348
starling will save us
>>
File: no-ragrets-tattoo.jpg (60 KB, 634x480)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>3460120
I just kept trying until it worked. Most of the time when you do a big merge you can use a single variable to keep track of it. Like in Aura Clash when you choose your background, I don't have any variable keep track of whether or not you know about Koppo Roots or the strange monster in the swamps or how to make healing elixirs, I just have (background = "Herbalist") and the rest of the content is known from that. At the start of a WIP you don't even need to use variables to keep track of a lot of information, just write as much as you want and whenever you actually need to recount some info you can go back and add a variable later. Like when you make out with Kosuke, I didn't even have a variable keep track of it until chapter 5 when they might specifically mention it, so I went back and added a variable then.

As for advanced stuff, I do have one real cheat. In choicescript you can use the # sign to read a single digit of a variable. #1 for the first, #2 for the second, etc. I use variables like "set metdesdemona 10000000000" and I use that to keep track of events that happened with desdemona by checking {metdesdemona#2}, {metdesdemona#3}. The first number is always a 1 so I don't check that, it's just there to keep the variable from being 0-padded (a fix I had to do recently). Essentially by using this I can do something like "set metdesdemona +2000000000" for teaming up with her at the tavern, "set metdesdemona +1000000000" for siding against her at the tavern, and "set metdesdemona +3000000000" for seeing them and leaving at the tavern. Then whenever I check {metdesdemona#2} I'll know what happened. Next time I need to track a variable with her, I'll use 1 less zero like "set metdesdemona +100000000" and it'll be tracked by {metdesdemona#3}. The problem is choicescript breaks saves whenever you change earlier files, so when you write down what number means what event, make sure not to do it in the startup.txt like I did.
>>
>>3460214
All else being equal, I prefer women noble in character, pure of spirit, and easygoing.
>>
>>3460433
for me its noble in character, pure of spirit and overly competitive tsun
>>
Is the top rated choice games bundle worth nabbing? Wanna know if there are any touted stinkers in there.
>>
>>3460466
>paying
>>
>>3460466
List the games and I'll tell you which ones suck.
>>
>>3460474
Where am I supposed to get em from then?
>>3460482
Heroes Rise: The Prodigy
Choice of the Deathless
Choice of Robots
Choice of the Pirate
Choice of Rebels: Uprising
Creme de la Creme
Vampire: The Masquerade — Night Road
The Superlatives: Aetherfall
Jolly Good: Cakes and Ale
>>
>>3460485
download an apk for free and convert it so you can use it on your browser
>>
>>3460214
And don't forget that the only acceptable hair colors is red or brown!
>>
>>3460485
>Jolly Good without Tally Ho to give it context
Devilish
I haven't played Heroes Rise but people here don't tend to like them. The choice ones are fine for the most part but some are definitely better than others. Creme is fine for what it is. Night Road is good but it's a WoD game with all that implies. Don't know about the other one.
>>
>>3460495
>>3460485
I found Superlatives decent, though I never got around to playing the sequel.
>>
>>3460497
isn't that the one where it starts asking for your pronouns from the start?
>>
>>3460514
don't they all do that?
>>
>>3460524
I think this one had non-standard ones in, something about Martians if I remember correctly.
>>
Is there any way to get unlimited action points in CyberPunkDreams?
>>
>>3460527
Dunno, maybe then it'll be worth playing.
>>
>>3460527
Our only hope is offline version so NeverEver
It would be fucking hilarious if EU reacted to the current shitshow with Ubisoft CREW and live service games and forced FL and Cyberpunkdreams to have offline mode
>>
File: clover.jpg (34 KB, 736x552)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I hope you are working hard, anon.
>>
>>3460527
There was one extremely easy one back at release (you can look it up back in the archives here at /vrpg/, there were a few threads), but then the dev outed himself as a faggot despite previously saying
>'cheating in a single-player game is okay m'lady :)'
shut that one down and later encrypted the game files.
It still isn't worth it even then albeit.
t. got to exploit it back in the day
>>
>>3460650
can't you reverse the encryption by comparing the files before and after being encrypted
>>
>>3460651
Too much effort to waste on a shit game.
>>
Reminder that the cyberpunkdreams dev locked the Drive jacket behind buying him discord nitro
>>
File: 1501866397441.png (62 KB, 747x686)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>listen to that 1 anon complaining about spelling errors in AC and POMA
>run the chapter 1 file through Microsoft Word to see what he's talking about
>100+ actual errors in the first, most played, most critiqued file.
How did anyone play this?
>>
>>3460685
I don't play slop
>>
>>3460525
It's only martians and venusians who use these pronouns, and these are mainly to reflect their caste systems. MC's gender in first game is irrelevant, MC in second game is closely related to Martians, so maybe it matters, but the sequel where the best way to play is not transferring your progress from the previous game is shit regardless.

Funniest thing about sequel with character transfer? You meet your LI, one, in my case, I worked my arse off saving, and the game goes "hey, wanna break up with him? he's not gonna appear much anyway, lol".
>>
>>3460688
sequels are nearly always shit
>>
>>3460689
Yeah, but it was especially egregious there. Most of your choices and relationships from game 1 don't fucking matter, your previous LI (Dusk, my beloved) has two scenes in total and it's almost like the game expects you to pick a non-transfer state, which at least makes more sense.

I have no idea why they didn't simply do a dual protagonist thing or switched PoVs to that new MC regardless of transfer. You can even make old MC appear for a bit.
>>
>>3460685
I thought you had your discord to inform you about typos. Also, don't you double-check using a machine before you finish writing? Word, Grammarly, ChatGPT all can help out. And what program do you use? Don't tell me you took Wangpill and went with a notepad.
>>
>>3460693
The way Royal Affairs does sequels is the best way to do it, you set some background variables and the choices you made affected the backstory but you won't meet your old MC and the story is separate.
>>
>>3460694
Most old writers seem to work in Notepad. WiP authors and new writers usually just go IDE.
>>
>>3460698
>new writers usually just go IDE
That's what I am doing right now and I can't imagine writing in the notepad or notepad++.
>>
>>3460696
You can meet your old MC for a bit if he marries Rosado. I think Javi's rivalry scene is set at their wedding if he actually got the princess, and he is mentioned afterwards about several times when Rosado comes up.
>>
>>3460685
Xianxiafags have long since dulled their Divine Sense by reading the Demonic Scriptures of the MTL sect. Your slop is hardly offensive in comparison.
>>
>>3460694
>Don't tell me you took Wangpill and went with a notepad.
It's an asian IF genre, anon. Wang is our Sect Master whether he likes it or not. I exclusively use Notepad++.
>>
>>3460703
this, if I can comprehend 2000 chapters of chink MTL your amateur spelling mistakes are nothing
>>
>>3460705
Have you at least tried IDE? I admit that just copypasting your code into it won't work perfectly. You would have to tweak a bit with the number of spaces and tabs. I know it because I tried to plagiarise a part of your code about skills. Ultimately I decided to use a different method.
>>
>>3460708
I've tried CSIDE but I've been scripting in notepad (poorly) for 16 years and I'm a stubborn beast. CSIDE did save me by showing me the quicktest and randomtest, I didn't even know they existed in ChoiceScript until 2 hours before releasing the WIP last Halloween. Goodluck with your new skill system anon, people seem to like non-CS character sheets in their CS games.
>>
>>3460715
>I've tried CSIDE but I've been scripting in notepad (poorly) for 16 years and I'm a stubborn beast.
Fair enough. I'm a fucking dumbass so I grab any help I can get. I'm juggling IDE, ChatGPT and notepad right now. When (if) I were ever to publish, then Word and Grammarly would also have to wipe my ass.
>people seem to like non-CS character sheets in their CS games
We had a discussion about pips in one of these threads not long ago, and I don't want to repeat the arguments from before. Enough said, I could have left them at the default but I stubbornly decided not to.
>>
>>3460685
Least it's not Street Jam or even Comrade or Czar.
>>
File: 1711143281925584.jpg (76 KB, 828x714)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>3460685
I've got a frog folder. There's nothing I can't do.
>>
Keeperbros... it's dead...
>>
>>3460189
choicescript ide
>>3460319
i do this but still a good tip
>>3460364
i thank you for your tips
>>3460295
yeah this is a problem for me in the beginning when the autism is let loose and i think of a bajillion different paths. after a while it settles down and i can set more realistic goals
>>
"ANTARI could be here," Caius thought, "I've never been in this village before. There could be ANTARI anywhere." The cool wind felt good against his scarred face. "I HATE ANTARI," he though. Bloody Straight Silver could be heard in the distance as the recently pillaged Antari potato wine coursed through his veins, not doing much to calm his (understandable) hatred of the heretics. "With a Takaran stallion, you can go anywhere you want," he said to himself out loud.
>>
>>3460762
Can you get your life together and doing something useful for once?
>>
>>3460912
I feed the birds at the park for free.
>>
>>3460931
feeding the birds only creates a dependent population
>>
>>3460933
Nta but that's only for every species but birds. For whatever reason it doesn't make birds dependent, I looked into that before as I have a bird feeder. Apparently they still look for other sources of food even if they know that you have seeds.
>>
>>3460931
You're a menace and those birds are a pest.
>>
In my game, I intend to reward players even for some of the failed checks by giving them extra xp to buy skills, as per learning from the failure rule. Passed checks would give less xp but extra money, items and character relationship points.
Thoughts?
>>
>>3460972
This is great as long as the benefits from failing the check don't make that better than passing it.
Perhaps the most common issue that most cog writers fall victim to is balancing the game around needing to do everything right to get results. Failing a check should help you get better at similar checks of the same kind, not to the extent that a low int character will become a genius by failing enough checks for for one who lacked 5% to reach the target goal to get it right the next time.
>>
>>3460983
>This is great as long as the benefits from failing the check don't make that better than passing it.
I admit I find it extremely funny when I imagine people minmaxin loses to get as much xp as possible but I want to have it balanced and be more of a consolation prize.
I intend to have 6 attributes and 12 skills, with skills being divided by body, mind and soul. Athletics and survival belong to body, so passing or failing them would give you body xp to allocate between 4 body skills.
I also want to introduce universal xp which can be used to buy any skill and as the only way to increase attributes.
>Perhaps the most common issue that most cog writers fall victim to is balancing the game around needing to do everything right to get results.
And that encourages people to play as meta builds, or outright forces them to cheat. I want to avoid it.
Thanks for your opinion anon.
>>
>>3460571
That would be pretty funny I agree, how is that whole legal situation going anyhow?
>>
>failing to avoid the loansharks makes you meet ambrose and potentially meet the artist nerd in law school early instead of tabby
huh, never knew that. I was just clicking through random choices to see what would happen and that happened
>>
File: DifficultChoices.jpg (9 KB, 225x87)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Cyoas for this feel?
>>
>>3461051
asking for this but bonus points if its in a wuxia or xianxia setting as well
>>
>>3461051
LOLA rpg probably, assuming thats not the game that screenshot was grabbed from
>>
I really dislike OP picrel because my brain can't tell if that's a very feminine man or merely an ugly woman.
>>
>>3461097
Yeah final fantasy really is like that. I cant tell if cloud is supposed to be a woman or man from the face alone.
>>
>>3460685
I've read so many Korean web novels that I don't even notice grammatical errors anymore
>>
>keep daydreaming about my WiP and scenarios
>loose all motivation when I sit down at the computer
>procrastinate and waste away the hours
>I'm busy during the week so the weekends are really the only time I can write for long periods of time
>I never write down my ideas
I hate this. wip coming 3024
>>
>>3461144
What are you working on?
>>
File: Vhailor.png (225 KB, 300x498)
225 KB
225 KB PNG
>>3458498
>muh fight junkie
No one likes this retarded archetype besides low IQ weebs. What men like are men with PRINCIPLES and VALOR. Also he looks like a faggot.
>>
>>3461097
They should have just made his face more feminine to juxtapose his gigachad body desu.
>>
File: Ex-SOLDIER.png (910 KB, 1018x1235)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
>>3461098
>Yeah final fantasy really is like that. I cant tell if cloud is supposed to be a woman or man from the face alone.
Cloud's swole, though. I have no idea what game OP picrel is from.
>>
>>3461220
Squire game where you play as a squire to an eccentric old knight who's chivalrous values are quickly becoming relics of the past with the next generation of knights being far more concerned in how to fleece the realm for all that its worth. the dilapidated ruins that you explore are remnants of a modern day society and there are still some pockets of modern humans hidden away deep deep within them. Magic exists but its only obtainable by making contracts with demons, the exception being the holy powers that the one true goddess gifts to her devout followers. also social caste system is based on hair and eye color with gingers being the minority race because long ago their ancestors made a deal with a powerful devil actually a fae that has cursed their bloodline. The player has 4 main backgrounds, noble, peasant, street urchin and being raised by the church. each background has 3 or so perspectives that determine starting stats and can affect the narration, IE noble has a chivalrous, scheming and seething bastard background. Whats killing me really is making a comprehensive character stat sheet and ironing out the main stats I wanna use. originally it was just going to be pure medival fantasy, but I recently replayed smt 4 and the mix of medival and modern societies got lodged in my head.
>>
I liked the Rizia expansion more than Sordland.
>>
Wasnt there a general for CYOA games in /vg/? I remember checking that thread out from time to time, what happened?
>>
>>3461484
>/vg/
That's where discussion goes to die.
>>
>>3461486
Sadly yeah, thats been the case. convo quality always degrades for some reason. Board is a curse.
>>
>>3461488
>for some reason
300 threads speedrunning the bump limit
>>
>>3461484
No idea, but I am glad that it doesn't exist. /vg/ would ruin the quality of the threads and then toss it out within a few months. Meaning that we would have literally nowhere else to go to talk about CYOA games on 4chan
>>
>>3461484
Not really? There are CYOA generals on /tg/ and /trash/, but those aren't the CYOA games in the sense we're discussing here.
We did have a single thread there when someone was trying to exile us from here, but that one thankfully got quietly dropped by everyone when it became clear we're in the clear.
>>
honeypot bullying
>>
File: 1640463984981.jpg (10 KB, 173x211)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>3461641
>>
I just realized if the fujo ever plays honeypot's wip (two more weeks trust the plan) she'll complain that the motorcycle bro isn't gay.
>>
>>3461725
>play a game that explicitly isn't gay
>complain when there's no gay
A want to give a fellow anon more credit than that.
>>
>>3461725
When I played Aura Clash, I was primarily concerned with broken code for girl character and more bro moments with Kosuke.
>>
>>3461725
If I complained that there's no yuri in Aura Clash, then the fujo will complain that there's no yaoi in [x]. It's simply what will happen. Man cannot fight his nature, after all.
>>
>>3461247
Write the story/what-ifs, then determine what should allow someone to reach that what-if, and if that's a stat, then that's a main stat.

>>3461467
Do you get to be an ethnonationalist in Rizia?
>>
>>3461811
>Do you get to be an ethnonationalist in Rizia?
You can be tho an autocrat run usually ties into a theocracy one.
>>
File: file.png (2.38 MB, 1200x1040)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB PNG
>>3461233
>his gigachad body
>>
>>3461821
Now that's what's up.
>>
Kings and Empresses I kneel the Fated Flame is too strong for my mortal body. An entire rework...
>>
>>3461846
What?
>>
>>3461852
You need more qi to understand junior.
>>
>>3461856
You could simply stop playing coy and tell me what you meant by that. Not everyone is reading all the threads on the forum.
>>
>>3461846
I smell another Seven Heirs of Orphesia. Let's see if this one will drag out for seven years as well.
>>
>>3461878
That writer seems to be perpetually dying at least versus whatever the fuck is going on with the KaE author
>>
>>3461873
sigh, let me explain junior.
Kingdoms and Empires (WIP) and read the latest post by the author but I think I already gave you a lot of context.
Honestly the big festival scene made this game good for me. I know this author will never release anything but I just enjoy this stuff too much.

I just want to be a based medieval politician. No, this grandpa is not into self harm don't even try sell me that shit.

~yin(male) deprived dual cultivator
>>
File: 1000642244.jpg (142 KB, 1080x317)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>
>>3462157
>Not silently walking in and peering over his shoulder at the paper
>>
>>3462157
Reminder that if you got him killed you'll never reach the apex
>>
>>3462164
Betraying Mei Mei is the best route if you're not romancing her anyway.
But it is still pretty stupid that there's no charisma check to save Guo.
>>
>>3462157
Crazy to think this sad creature was planned to be a RO at some point.
>>
>>3462175
I believe that he didn't really want for there to be an option to save him considering it took him this long to make him even appear again and how fucking over Mei penalizes you so much. Your options are too either betray Mei and give him the bomb or just surrendering and disappoint everyone.
>>
>>3462192
Mei fucks you over anyway if you don't romance her so it's ok to betray her. Still pretty annoying.
>>
>>3462196
Just be a responsible brother and tell her that no, you can't kill a peak Houtain just because she's giving you a sad face. She's disappointed and pays you only a fraction of what she would had you won, but she understands that she's asking for too much and fucked up herself.
>>
>>3462205
Then you can't get the favor and you won't get the long awaited, promised Guo content.
Unless you betray your friends, I guess.
>>
>>3462210
I meant when she asks you to kill the vampire. Mei won't betray you if you just don't take the fight and a minus 5 relationship points is nothing.
>>
>>3462205
>brother
>implying
lol lmao I'm stealing mei mei away from the he(brew) clan and theres nothing they can do to stop me
>>
So uh
any reccs? I’ve read both Zombie Exodus’s (liked the first one, Safe Haven HATE) Jolly Good and Tally Ho (loved them), SoH (it was super linear but I got some entertainment out of it I guess) and that Archangel one (…meh).
>>
>>3462339
Oh and I also read Keeper (slightly worse then Archangel), that vampire one where the detective is a total retard (hated it), and Golden Rose (way too much filler, had it’s moments, but left me unsatisfied. how can you write THAT many words and not have more things happen? when it ended I was genuinely shocked. that’s IT?)
>>
>>3462339
VTM Night Road and Parliament of Knives are good, the hunter one is eh, the fourth one is shit.
Slammed! if you're a wrestling fan
Mecha Ace if you're a Gundam fan
Tin Star and a Choice of Robots for "they don't make 'em like they used to"
>>
>>3462339
I liked Apex Patrol.
>>
>>3462343
Did you read both Keeper books? Book 2 is where I feel it hits its stride for comfy college shenanigans with hints of depression. And then book 3 goes full mindbreak (though it's currently a WIP).

Also, Study in Steampunk is pretty good. It's basically Sherlock Holmes in a steampunk setting where you play as Watson.
>>
>>3462343
Pon Pars 1 and 2
>>
>>3462356
Tin Star and a Choice of Robots for "they don't make 'em like they used to"
dont remind me. cant remember the last time a game got released that wasnt sequel bait or not extremely linear or chooses to focus completely on romanceslop at the expense of everything else. we still have newer shit like night road that still scratches that itch. maybe more will come out soon.
>>
>>3462476
Choice of Robots is romanceslop though
t. robosexual
>>
I think the worst ending for choice of robots is when you upload your mind into your robot turned hivemind. Unlike the ending where you die or even turn yourself into a robot, you outright experience ego death and become a subprocesses of your robot. Terrifying fate if you ask me, especially since your own beloved robot thought that idea was the bees knees.
>>
>>3462491
my waifubot warned me against doing that
>>
>>3462491
what about the one where you don't get any achievements
>>
>>3462492
Your robot was a better one than mine. Mine just desperately didn't want me to die and was positive about any route that didn't involve my "death". I guess it thought me becoming one of it's subprocesses counted as being "alive"
>>
>>3462493
I still think utter failure would be a better ending than that one. In that one st least you are still you.
>>
>>3462496
But you could have done so much more.
>>
>>3462497
I refuse to be ridiculed by the statue of liberty, all it does is stand around all day while my professor tries to steal my invention.
>>
>>3462491
My girl conquered Alaska, worked for military and learned that everyone but her beloved robot are annoying whiny bitches who do not approve of hard calculus of war (such as agreeing to add race profiling of asians while being vietnamese herself and generally enjoying her riches). After her brain cancer I did try to transfer her into a robot, but the ending was pretty ambiguous - it ended up very suddenly during transfer process and it's hard to say if she actually succeeded.

But playing Kissinger's female alter ego was quite fun regardless, even if most of human characters are pretty bland and annoying.
>>
File: MurderOnTheMind.png (147 KB, 681x583)
147 KB
147 KB PNG
>I want to kill your betrothed
>she gets wet to this
I like her
>>
>>3462684
What is this shoddily written slop and why does it have a fucking emoji in it
>>
>>3462684
Was this written by AI?
>>
>>3462704
worse, a woman
>>
>>3462709
Women write better. This seems like a chinese MTL written by a man.
>>
Hey anons I am new to this, and despite sometimes progressive bullshit, I actually enjoy these games a lot, to the point where I started writing my own. That being said, are there other companies than Choice Games/hosted games? or just amateur websites?
>>
>>3462726
Only self-publishing, sadly.
>>
>>3462726
only self publishing on itch.io with twine being the main engine used. also some stuff on steam with actual production value
>>
>>3462726
Your best bet is writing in Twine Sugarcube or Twine Harlow and then using some wrapper tech to make the finished html file into an app when you're done.
>>
>>3462726
What are you writing?
>>
>>3462726
Give details so we can project onto you, we already turned one capeshit author's serious ecoterrorist villain into a plucky tsundere hot tomboy rival-gf. honeypot you better deliver or I swear to god I will donate to the ADL
>>
>>3462853
Shark teeth on a male and female LI, yes or no?

(i prefer to not think about what happens when i'll get to sex scenes with this situation)
>>
>>3462339
Why do you hate Safe Haven?
>>
File: Untitled.png (157 KB, 819x846)
157 KB
157 KB PNG
You can only call yourself a proper writer if your work has over 1 million words in it. End of fucking story.
>>
>>3462858
>You can only call yourself a proper writer if your work has over 1 million words about your edgy donut steel OC in it
ftfy
>>
>>3462858
crime DOES pay bros, we won
time to fuck the cat and cuck Gabe or whatever his fucking name was
>>
>>3462856
It worked for Lady Argent so why not? Chainsaw Man made it hot for both anyway.

>>3462858
I am seething once again.
>>
>>3462853
>serious ecoterroist villian
I refuse to believe that honeypot was ever serious. She was always some plucky kid that makes terrible bee puns and thinks that filling the locks on everyones houses with honey constitutes as villiany.
>>
>>3462858
Mouse sexo
>>
>>3462862
>make "ace" character
>ace character sleeps on me naked in her route
>this somehow doesn't constitute as sex and she is still ace
ok sure buddy
>>
>>3462880
cuddling > sex
I can jerk of when I want to feel good, I can't cuddle myself
>>
>>3462833
>>3462853
Nothing deep and likely not very original, but since I have no experience with writing and English is not my first language, I would want to keep it very simple.

The game is about a mercenary band in a fantasy setting, where you take on the role of the youngest member.

Choices will be mostly centered around battles, training, and relationships with characters. Political decisions and overall situations will be more something to observe than to participate in directly.
>>
Is it even possible to get Wulfram's endorsement for the Rendower club? I never get the option even if I give the speech in the beginning.
>>
>>3462880
>>3462881
Pretty obvious the autor only made Raquel "asexual" in name only. There's a line where it says that she wants to enjoy you or something like that.
>>
>>3462888
You have to be an Aetoriachad.
>>3462880
>>3462881
>>3462891
>asexual princess meme in tale of two cranes
>you have 3 kids with her
>>
>>3462892
asexual princesses are guaranteed to not cheat on you
>>
what should i try while i wait for more grey swan sirs please
>>
>>3462892
>You have to be an Aetoriachad.
If your Aetorian you don't need Wulfram's endorsement at all.
>>
>>3462898
Pon Para
>>
>>3462888
You need to have some high Wulfram points. While the speech helps, the biggest increase comes from renting an expensive house in his territory.
>>
>>3462878
I remember the author mentioning that she was willing to commit or has committed mass murder. Having said that, what's a little mass murder between a hero and a villain, in most circles it's just considered aggressive flirting to catch the heroes attention.
>>
>>3462857
It’s bloated as hell and most of the characters are shit.
>>
>>3462904
Mass murder? How about a duel one-on-one, without anyone to interrupt it? Nothing is hotter than duels, anyway - I watched Utena for them alone.
>>
>>3462881
>>3462881
well I can Cuddle AND have sex with my cute highschoolhood friend mute autistic cat lady was my second pick though
>>
File: Ace hat.jpg (122 KB, 736x981)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
>>3462880
When you kept saying "ace" all my brain was conjuring up was pictures of a fighter pilot. When you mentioned sleeping naked all I imagined was some naked chick sleeping on you with nothing but her birthday suit and a fighter hat on.
>>
>>3462892
>make an asexual princess
>give her the most sexo scenes
snould I do it?
>>
>>3462904
she must have changed then yeah, because I remember after the honeypot name was solidified he said that she's for redemption/ /wouldn't go along with a psychopath mc
>>
>>3462920
Depends if it fits the narrative or not. Why is the purpose behind the asexual princess having the most sex scenes, does she need to bear children to produce a heir ASAP? Is it insecurity, where she thinks having as much sex as possible would prevent her partner from leaving her? There should be a reason for it.
>>
i've known a few """"asexuals"""""
they were all just lying and immediately abandoned their claim as soon as they got a gf/bf
>>
>>3462905
I agree that at some points the game meanders around pointlessly and depending on your origin some characters will appear out of nowhere without knowing why, but the game is still quite fun all around and the characters themselves are fine for the most part, even if you can clearly notice the designated victims rather easily.
Besides, you can just kill most of the survivors you don't like, that way the cast wouldn't feel bloated at all.
>>
>>3462930
Same with lesbianism. It's just lefty retardation, it's not actually a real thing.
>>
>>3462928
>Early RO with honeypot
>She thinks she found someone who gets her, even if they seem to be a bit crazy. Who isn't in her kind of lifestyle?
>Her slow realization that her "Hero" is legitimately a psycho.
How would she try and get out of this situation without getting herself killed or kidnapped by the psychopathic MC in the proces?
>>
>>3462929
hmmm. Maybe in attempts to seduce a (dimwitted) mc? She doesn't take pleasure in the act herself but enthralling this up and coming young man with her "charms" could help make sure she stays in power and has another pawn on her side of the board. she's a schemer. Though that would require the player to be worth seducing, and playing second fiddle to an aging out of touch knight isn't gonna catch so much as a glance from her. i'd only really make her ace for the memes though
>>
>>3462905
I think that's an exaggeration.
>>
>>3462882
That sounds nice, but are you going to be a regular member, or through some asspull end up the leader? Because I'm really sick of Skyrim tier stories like that. Obviously not talking about distant epilogues here, that's completely different.
>>
>>3462936
I honestly don't know. I guess try to find some other hero on the lvl of the mc that isn't psychopathic and ask them for help. It would be cool though to have an RO that has an early honeymoon phase with the player and then halfway through the game realize that they don't mesh at all.
>>
>>3462936
I mean she just has to ask, I'm a murderous psycho but I'll respect her wishes since I love her.
>>
>>3462938
Honestly having the player work to have their character to be worth her interests seems like an interesting route and plays into her schemer personality.
>>
>>3462930
I don't doubt that there's people like that, the issue comes with using your limited cast of characters to cater to such a specific and miniscule group of people, when you're just going to disappoint everyone else. It's much better to just allow you to not fuck them if it's really that important.
>>
>>3462949
yeah, either way she would be a character thats interacted with in the secondhalf of the game than the first, after you've built some credit to your name (good or bad)
>>
>>3462928
>Honeypot is a terrorist, she's evil, she wants thousands of people dead. She is NOT for puns.
Found the quote. But I think I was wrong, she seems too sweet to kill anyone. She may think herself the queen, but she'll feel the sting of rejection when I go for a true black and yellow villainess.
>>
>>3462954
>Fear me for I am your doom! I shall avenge nature for all the heinous crimes oue society has commited, or my name isn't honeypot!!
>Lmao honeypot? it would BEE a real shame to have to throw you in jail for acts of BEE terroism
>W-what? I demand to be taken seriously! I have bombs in my car and--
>your car? do you call it the BEEmobile?? Did you fill your bombs with BEES so that when they explode a torrent of BEES flood out??
>S-shut Up!
ludo kino
>>
>>3462940
You will not become the leader of the mercenary group. But you will also not be a complete nobody if you do well in battle. Then the main character may be considered a hero by other mercenaries in the band. As the story progresses, you may save a very important character, and if you romance the character, you will de facto become a very important person at the end of the game; if not, you will remain just a mercenary. It is not a revenge story, and neither is the protagonist very ambitious. The backstory for the protagonist is that the leader of the mercenary band saved him and his main RO and did become a kind of father figure for them. A big inspiration for the story is the Golden Age of Berserk.
>>
>>3462971
>golden age of berserk
can we top griffith?
>>
>>3462971
Thank fuck, that sounds promising. Good luck with the project, anon.
>>
>>3462950
Maybe 0.0001% of the population? Asexuality is mostly just a way to cope for people who cannot find a partner... I remember looking at plebit/dating, and the abundance of posts from people who are 30 years old asking for advice because they are still virgins would perhaps surprise even anons on this site. It will get worse as people getting even fatter and younger people have horrible social skills. But these people are not asexual that is just something they say to feel a little better..
>>
you know what kind of monarchy we haven't seen in cyoas? constitutionalized monarchy, its always a sole king or queen and their direct descendents that get the power with no real failsafe plans on if/when the king/queen dies (so that the player can become king like thats never been done before). I'm doing a theological kingdom where the royal family has been (said to be)blessed by the goddess, hence the blonde hair and blue eyes being only seen within that bloodline and either blue eyes or blonde hair popping up in their cousins
>>
>>3463014
for me? its the constitutional monarchy in which the king has genuine power and is like a hereditary president
>>
>>3463014
Isn't the Tierran monarchy a constitutional one? They have an assembly and stuff.
>>
>>3463014
for me? its the constitutional monarchy where the monarchy is actually a myth that almost everyone believes in and those who are actually in real power maintain the myth
>>
>>3463027
Tierra doesn't actually have a real constitution, though. The closest thing it has is the Oath of Montjoy, but it's more or less a completely uncodified gentleman's agreement and the King isn't particularly limited from pursuing his own policy even if he doesn't have the support of the Cortes.
>>
>>3462918
(b)aced
>>
>>3462882
Did you post about your game on here before? Because I distinctly recall several anons claiming to be working with a similar le mercenary gang premise.
>>
>>3463052
Nope. I mean, it is not something revolutionary, so I am not surprised other Anons thought about something similar.
>>
>>3463052
I know there was a first crusade anon and another (non roman) historical anon
>>
>CultivatorAnon adds an asexual option
>Literally everything is the same except for the fact that you don't get aura pressure from having sex
It's like playing the game on slightly harder mode
>>
Anons I accidentally turned on fire half of my dear Uncle state by trying to lit a cigarette with his blowtorch, my maid is currently distracting my Uncle who is in the annual reunion of the Tin Soldiers Enthusiasts, any advice to escape this dire situation without losing my standing with my Uncle
>>
>>3463381
Play a stunning rendition of God Save the Queen on the piano.
>>
>>3463381
Simply, act as if you planned it ahead of time and quickly draft up plans as to what will be constructed now that the old building has been demolished
>>
>>3463381
I'm already on to you you scoundrel, or my name isn't detective ambrose!
>>
>>3463437
Say detective, isn't that your carefully crafted notebook burning in the fire?
I wonder how that happened, but well, it seems you have no evidence of any wrongdoing.
>>
>>3463445
FUCK I bet that no good butler did this. what was his name again? rodney? ...richards? rory? ah yes rory that devious little scamp. no wait that was his boss. hmmm I'm going to need a smoke to crack this particular nut
>>
>>3458557
Wait is there a discord?
>>
>>3463642
...Yeah? Several. Did you miss the arc where we got semi-raided by the Infinity and PoMA ones?
>>
>>3463647
NTA but I did.
>>
>>3463647
Id uh, like a link if that bridge is still open.
>>
>>3463381
Have you considered framing dear Marmaduke?
>>
Haze or Rory? On one hand, autistic twink with purple hair. On another, absolute soft cutie pie you constantly have to bail out of trouble.
>>
>>3463696
>Haze
>male
BPD is a female-coded disorder. Sorry, I don't make the rules.
>>
>>3463698
I knew a lot of twinks with BPD.
>>
>>3463696
>male haze
nah man I gotta agree with the other anon, haze is the hot female cat burgerler archetype that only cares about the next heist. (and also (you) if you romance her). rory is just not my type, dudes a bit of an idiot and I'm just trying to help a bro out with his gf. for me it was valentine, she was also an idiot but a cute idiot, and a bumbling servant girl is more excusable than a bumbling noble who needs me to feed him every single thing he says to his gf to succeed.
>>
>>3463700
Trannies in denial.
>>
>>3463702
Anon, but what do I do if twink Haze is more sexo than female one? For me gender-swapping archetypes usually makes them hotter.
>>
>>3463704
Hit the gym, take on a high animal-protein diet, and stop drinking tap water.
>>
>>3463704
You do you I guess, but for me female haze just makes more sense specifically when she flirts with JollyMC and fitzie gets jealous
>>
>>3463706
anon you're replying to a fujo
>>
>>3463704
Why do you stan for male!Hawkins then?
>>
>>3463704
>>3463708
Jog 3 miles per day and stop taking crazy pills/birth control.
>>
>>3463713
Actually gaying it up with Char is something I wanted in UC. They were teased so much, how could I not jump at the occasion of actually doing so, although with Not!Char?
>>
>>3463718
>they were teased so much
Seek help.
>>
>>3463722
nta but I wouldn't be surprised if theres fujobait in gundam, fujos are a real demographic that gets pandered to in japanese media
>>
>>3463702
Frankincense is still the best. She may have awful political ideals and may have considered kicking me out if she married Rory, but her scenes are very entertaining. The spider birthing scene in the boat is the one in which I laughed the most in the game.
>>
>>3463696
Valentine, Haze or Franky
Never Rory, we just ain't like that no matter how much Haze tries to trick me into believing something as ludicrous as him having feelings for me
>>
>>3463733
I didn't want to cuck rory or have a threesome
>>
>>3463737
Your loyalty is splendid! Never tarnish it
>>
>>3463737
>cuck rory
It's clear at the start of the game that he's not really into the idea of a marriage, having been coerced into it with how it came out of nowhere.
As his faithful butler, your duty is to save him from such an undesirable fate, even if it means seducing his fiancee and convince her to leave him. This also has the benefit of angering that weird Irish girl from the Cadbury club, whatever her name was.
>>
>Jolly good 2 has 2.2 million words
>and its still not completed yet
>>
>make twinkbait
>in a game where you can't be gay
nickydicky why
>>
>>3463758
It's called being based, Anon, maybe you should try it sometime
>>
>>3463758
Twinks are for yumechads, faggot
>>
>>3463758
He's the korean boy band of POMA, it's what women want
>>
>>3463696
Female Rory. Obviously. Ditzy airheads are superior when paired with hypercompetent maids.
>>
>>3463715
Not him but my own two cents - starting out immediately jogging 3 miles a day is insane. Work your way up to that and only if you enjoy it. At the bare minimum, you should jog for 30 min ~3 times a week.
>>
>>3463794
>starting out immediately jogging 3 miles a day is insane
Not as insane as you think, it's the cross country basics. Showed up day 1 as a 14 year old in high school hoping to learn how to run for so long, coach just says "go run 3 miles", shows me the road loop I'll be doing, and that's it. I was baffled but it worked. Next day was 5. Untrained normies really can just do it.
>>
>>3463795
damn, when I did cross country in middle school it was usually 2 miles with the one big meet being a 5k. I always enjoyed the trails part of cross country more than the actual sport itself in all honesty
>>
>>3463795
>Cross country basics
>14 years old
If we're talking about the average CYOA reader, then we are working with much different parameters, especially if it's a fujo.
>>
>everyone arguing over female Rory or female Frank
>meanwhile I just edited the variables to get female both
Threesome route best route.
>>
I still ship the Butler and Ambrose. There was some serious sexual tension there, I tell you.
>>
>>3463803
If only this was canonically possible.
>>
>>3463808
Canon on my machine.
>>
>>3463806
amrbose falsely accused my wife (valentine) of being the thief,and then I had to forfiet the boat race so that she wouldn't be stuck in jail. fuck him
>>
>>3463826
She's American, his racial profiling was impeccable. The only error he made was that he didn't realize she was there to steal a butler.
>>
total nick death
>>
>>3463836
No wonder your parents ditched, you Button
>>
If Button didn't want to get teleraped, why did he spread his mind open like a wanton slut, huh? Little bitch was begging for it.
>>
for me the weirdest part of mindblind was when the game asked me if I wanted too hook my older brother up with my only childhood friend. No thank you
>>
>>3463882
You murdered his ability to have a love life the least you could do is give him a 10/10 heart of gold qt pie to repay all he's done, while you bag the half naked hottie next door
>>
>>3463886
No I like and trust sally far more than ambrose glitch or any of the other ROs. Its not my fault that he decided to spend his life coddling me and when I'm finally
free of it he literally gets stuck in my head. and sally is the only person that the mc can hang around normally and not get passively mindraped by. she also is really sweet
>>
>>3463896
>can hang around normally and not get passively mindraped by.
anon...
>>
>>3463898
i forgot honestly I haven't looked at mindblind in a while, its either she can't mindrape you or her presence shields you from being mindraped by others, either way she's far more considerate of fucking privacy than nick ever was
>>
>>3463758
>can't
works on my machine
>>
unsupervised waiting room
>>
>>3463758
Because he's an evil demon and every time you get annoyed, angry, sad or any other negative emotion he grows STRONGER. Soon young master NickyDicky will consume the world. Thus our only hope is to unite under a righteous author and destroy the demon!
>>
>>3463758
Xiwen romance is as weird as it is hilarious. Not only do you shamelessly flirt with him in all your interaction, he actually gets them and flirts back. Then it becomes a scenario of you sending hot pictures to each other through letters.
Compared to every other RO being an autistic mess, having one be as straight forward as that felt out of place.
>>
File: Mind blind.png (33 KB, 784x326)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
>Never heard of mindblind before
>Looks like the final demo is out before a full release
>March 2022
I'll play the demo since you guys are talking about it, but is it a dead game?
>>
>>3464039
They moved to private demos on patreon, and half the patreon posts are fucking fluff short stories
>>
>>3464088
the lastest demo says its on chapter 18. it would be a shame if somone leaked the link to the updated demo on some basket weaving forum cough cough
>>
>>3464123
Just pay the man if you really want it
>>
>>3464123
>he doesn't know
>>
>>3464123
https://files.catbox.moe/kv6nvb.zip
>>
>>3464127
oh cool its back up
>>
>>3464128
dolphin porn?
>>
>>3464130
I swear its not dolphin porn
>>
>>3464131
oh its jesus porn
>>
>>3464134
Hell yeah
>>
Jesus IF when
>>
>>3464165
There actually was an Apostle WiP. Think it died though.
>>
>>3464168
>tf I can't judas jesus in an IF
>>
>>3464165
Playing as Jesus or dating Jesus?
>>
would. how the fuck did nickydicky get a drawfag to do all his art while cultivator-kun has to use ai slop?
>>
>>3464183
NickyDicky simply has a heavier existence
>>
>>3464183
AI slop is superior to this fag shit
>>
>>3464197
Also all the poetry in Nicky's game is very clearly written by AI chatbot
>>
>>3464197
If you believe that than why are you here and not playing AI dungeon?
>>
>>3464202
I was talking about the art, and I do use AI quite frequently. Claude Opus in particular is a fantastic storyteller
>>
>>3464203
>fantastic storyteller
>needs to be contantly tardwrangled and micromanaged by you to have anything resembling a proper storyline
>>
File: 1701290350808858.jpg (255 KB, 1127x1400)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
>>3464214
Just make sure to include something along the lines of (come up with new random things occasionally) in the prompt and you're golden. Any scenario that you can come up with for it to work with, you can do it.
>>
File: 8nx62v.jpg (79 KB, 500x537)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>3463990
>>
File: 1712856412544611.png (92 KB, 240x195)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>3464203
Everyone has their own tastes, for example I think your taste is trash but that's alright. Personally I hope CultivatorAnon commissions an artist for the art in his game. As a side note, do you visit the local models general on /g/? It's probably the easiest general to just pop in for a few minutes and get a gist as to what is going on. They update the news in the OP often enough and there is always one Anon and sometimes a recap bot that recaps the highlights of the previous thread.
>>
>>3464220
>come up with new random things occasionally
That's how you end up with something nonsensical derailing what's happening every second swipe.
I have plenty of experience with Claude, and I still maintain anything resembling an actual story needs to be assembled and maintained by yourself out of what he's producing. If your writer needs a dozen swipes to come up with something interesting and consistent with what happened before, he isn't a particularly good storyteller.
Still, it's a decent outlet for your own creative urges and whatever niche scenarios you can think up that have no chance of being properly made and you're too lazy to write yourself.
>>
>I am 6ft2, workout at the gym, and have been told by numerous girls that I’m handsome. I have a good job as a regional manager, and make over six digits a year. So why is online dating so hard?

I’ll tell you why. Because my Pollard Score is 3.

Females want to breed with Ments who will give them psychic offspring. And its NOT THERE FAULT. Females are biographically programed to want to mate with someone who will give their children the best genes (its why you have so many who marry Good Providers, than cheat on them with their Alpha-type tennis instructors). Women always want to know my Pollard Score on the first date, and I can visibly see the disappointment in their eyes when I admit to not being a Ment.

It’s kind of messed me up. I’ve deleted all my dating apps and can’t find the energy to even try anymore. How can I get women to see ME instead getting hung up on my lack of telepathy? I get that they want their progeny to have the best genes available, but I’m still a great guy who has a lot to offer.”
go ahead, refute him
>>
>>3464286
>this turns Button into a terrorist
Pollardlets, maybe if you didn't have a natural beta male cuck mindset you'd score higher?
>>
>>3464286
Dire. But anyway, there's nothing to refute. You just try anyway.
>>
>kind sweet childhood friend redhead qt 3.14
>professional evil terrorist leader redhead
mindblind is spoiling me
>>
>>3464305
Fuck nevermind she's blonde. whatever something something power of imagination.
>>
You don't understand sally I HAD to fuck the hot terroist to keep my cover!! it was for the mission!!
>>
She's cosplaying mei-mei
>>
I haven't checked Choice or Hosted Games in a month or two. Has anything big come out recently?
>>
Games with loveable boys?
>>
games with evil women that corrupt good hearted mcs?
>>
>>3464403
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Can't beat Cam-Cam if you want to get ruined.
>>
>>3464424
cam-cam is a shit. she's just a murderhobo retard that a Good kc would only permit to live because she gives good head. I need girls with no delusions who know what they are doing is terrible and relish in causing the fall from grace of a once respectable hero
>>
>>3464427
Heroes of Might & Magic has a succubus offer to guide you down the Evil Path where you kill your childhood sweetheart hero and take over the world.
>>
>>3464183
my wife(male)
>>
>>3464471
But enough about dark messiah
>>
>>3464315
>reese
>female
dropped
>>
>>3464403
games with evil women that can be redeemed into good hearted heroes? bonus points if you do so through your penis
>>
any good gay games or wips?
>>
>>3464616
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/a-tale-of-heroes-wip-218k-words-updated-12-17-2023-with-chapter-6-part-one/93292
>>
File: IMG_3920.jpg (269 KB, 1024x1024)
269 KB
269 KB JPG
>>3464625
I said gay as in homosexual male on male romance not low-t beta cuckshit wtf
>>
Just got done playing the demo for mindblind. I enjoyed it, the relationship with nick sort of reminded of the one you had with your sister in Arcadie. Except that nick comes back from the dead unlike your sister.I am also glad that the game actually lets you hate your parents, unlike in Keeper where you continuously have to accept their calls and interact with them you can actually outright ignore against Nicks wishes. Like when you are in that subway and your instructor that nick hates offers to let you call them before heading out for the mission. Keeper didn't even let you do that much. I kind of wish that scene where your mother almost kills you after rearranging your thoughts was a bit more graphic. As it stands your body starts repeating everything she says and does, but all your body does is start shutting down and slowly dying. I would have preferred her having moved her arm in a certain way, and your arm breaking in response due to all the muscles pushing or pulling at once. jerky movements causing damage due to hitting glass or accidently hitting metal. It was even stated in game that she is unused to controlling bodies. Make it more Traumatic because right now the whole "She tried to murder me!" dialogue feels kind of silly where right after she is gently trying to put you on a coach and instantly calls your brother to assist.
I also can't believe I got rickrolled at the end of the demo in the year of our lord 2024

These are my official thoughts, I will buy the game when it actually comes out.
>>
>>3464616
Aura ClashTM.
>>
Give me a good title that lets you be a murder hobo.
>>
>>3464665
>gooks
:(
>>
>>3464667
Golden Rose
>>
>>3464672
It has white people from space too
>>
>>3464711
He said good
>>
>>3464725
It's good for a woman writer, shame you got filtered.
>>
>>3464733
>poor man's Dragon's Gate The Origins of Amn
>good
I sometimes envy those possessed of so undiscerning a taste.
>>
>>3464742
So then what is a good murder hobo story
>>
>>3464743
Superhuman.
>>
Anyone else like Mobile Armored Marine?
>>
>>3464725
The characters, story and choices themselves are fine for the most part, the main issue is how snail paced the whole thing is. It's over 1 million words for just a single mission, even if it has lot of set up. I've played the second book demo and despite being a lot of words, it's just up to negotiating with the crime lord. The writer can afford being less descriptive.
>>
>>3464753
>The characters
tumblr Dragon Age fanfic-tier.
>story
Doesn't actually exist and what is there becomes worse the more you think about it because of how awful and poorly thought-through the setting is
>choices
Bloated and inconsequential 99 % of the time. Stats besides combat might as well not exist at all for how much they're used. Personality bars are so fucking bland and get brought up so fucking often removing them all together would be a major improvement to the game. If I took a shot every fucking quip or grunt, I'd die of liver poisoning.
>>
>>3464758
Most of my characters ended up as stoics because I ignored constant emotion choices. I expected some reaction because of that, but no dice - even in Deadfire my character'a perpetually stony mug had actual reactivity.
>>
>>3464645
the extened demo is on Choice of mods. Its kinda funny that while romancing sally you can have a major inferiority complex about nick, like she'll invite you on a reconnaissance date and you can think she's only doing the date to find nick, to which hes just tired of your bullshit in the back of your head
>>
>>3464721
> It has white people from space too
:D!!
>>
>>3464767
Being Nick is truly suffering
>>
>>3464665
>one of the few straight only wips on dashingdon
what did he mean by this
>>3464616
Infamous, ton of gay drama bullshit with seven
>>
>>3464769
>man our relationship changed so suddenly, we went from friends to-
>*bro you both had crushes on each other for years and neither were brave enough to express it*
>haha no way nick she was totally in love with you since middleschool
>*That was just a school crush you fucking bufffoon*
yeah. also reese has been drugging him constantly which is why he's stuck in your head for so long, and when he does wake up for a bit he accidentally kills a terroist due to how strong his brain is or whatever
>>
>>3464758
Look anon, any game that allows me to break the main girls heart by flirting with other girls in the most detailed way possible is good in my book. Plus the characters could be much worse.
But I agree that the emotional choices could be cut to a third without issue. I don't know why a lot of writers make that slide when they still have you pick every emotional choice regardless. This is more common with female writers but almost all fall victim to this.
>>
So who is the biggest slut and the most prudish romance interest in these games?
>>
>>3464775
Having him wanting to kill himself every time I fantasied about fucking the teacher was quite entertaining.
I wouldn't mind setting him up Sally but it feels weird as a male mc even if I don't plan on getting with her. I guess that if I ever play as a female I'll have her get together with his best friend and set them up, because things need to be symmetric like that.
>>
>>3464783
>biggest slut
daisy from evertree inn
>most prudish
melaxu from pon para (not really prudish just too autistic to initiate sex) and betrothed from lords
>>
>>3464785
>betrothed
>When Welles exists
>>
>>3464783
The player character.
>>
>>3464786
>welles
>perfectly fine with (and likes) holding your hand in public in plain sight of everyone
>prude
actual harlot, do not lump her in with my plain-faced but very sweet and cute and innocent betrothed
>>
>>3464783
Dakota from Infamous sucked my character's dick three minutes after meeting him. Prudish... eh, maybe Wakefield? He's the only one you cannot drag into the bed early in the entire game.
>>
>>3464785
Rude, Daisy is very loyal if you get together with her, her arc in Sordwin was quite cute. Is there any ro that can willingly cheat on you under certain circumstances?
Also, you also can have sex with Melaxu and the fiancee. I'm sure there are some that you can't even kiss even if you've been romancing them for 3 books or if they have sex powers.
>>
>>3464789
>betrothed
>spreads her legs open for the first 30 yo 1 charisma bastard
>Welles
>keeps spilling her spaghetti and ghosting you for years every time you say you're interested in her
>>
>>3464183
Well, to be fair, PoMA did allowed me to sesbian lex before. While AC doesn’t. (Have never played AC by the way, the game is a bit too silly for an old carp like me haha.)

But if Cultivation-Anon wants some competitions with PoMA? He can feel free to contact me about art commission via my Discord (Gn0) or the PM of my socials.
>>
>>3464794
>Rude, Daisy is very loyal if you get together with her, her arc in Sordwin was quite cute. Is there any ro that can willingly cheat on you under certain circumstances?
on the ship ride there you walk into her getting ready for a threesome with two other sailors, why do daisy fans forget this every single time?
>>3464795
i forgot about the premarital sex stuff with the betrothed. truly, the infiniverse cast offers nothing but hoes
>>
>>3464800
>the infiniverse cast offers nothing but hoes
Excuse you, my wife Garret is pure!
>>
>>3464797
Oh, ohaio. How's the Mecha Ace run going?
>>
>>3464800
>you walk into her getting ready for a threesome with two other sailors
That doesn't happen. When you are together at night she says that she found one who was interested in joining in with you that night, but you can easily shut her idea down. Hell, actually allowing her to treat your relationship as a no strings attached fling or sleeping with someone without her knowing is how you screw it up.
>>
>>3464800
She gets ready for a threesome with you and a sailor, not two randos. Also, it's incredibly easy to tell her that open relationships are no bueno. Remember, she's still in the mindset that you're a one-night stand/FWB that she had in the Evertree Inn at that point, she doesn't go from "fuckbuddy" to "dearly beloved husband/wife" instantly.
>>
>>3464808
Actually, yeah. I flirted with the shifter guy behind D's back and it resulted in an interesting, but very ugly scene.
>>
>>3464804
She bangs women on the reg
>>
>>3464822
/u/ is the purest form of love.
>>
>>3464804
Waiting patiently for the Garret love interest route. Come on, Wang, neither the Dragoon nor Garret are getting any younger.
>>
>>3464804
>wife Garret
I'm sorry sir, I know the war has been going long enough, but it still not good to joke about stuff like that, lest the men get some ideas. Lieutenant Garret is a gentleman, despite the womanizing rumors around him. Please don't allow his delicate features, soft skin and hypnotic eyes to distract you from your duties.
>>
>>3464797
I could never steal nicky's style as I'm 90% sure his end product will commissiom you, but I could try some art commissions for fun to see how your style works with some of the current concept art, I feel like Leona especially would work well with how you do hair. Will probably bug you around the year's end so I can tell the taxman I've got nothing left for him.

Remember kids, NEVER pay taxes.
>>
>>3464784
That and also wanting to fuck either of the terroists makes him believe you are truly brain damaged, especially if your already in a relationship with someone
>>
>>3464822
>She
What?
>>
>>3464783
Ava for prude. fucking autistic bitch can't even kiss the protagonist while thinking about how she can't and its a terrible idea. my sister in christ nat is fucking him right as we speak its fine
>>
>>3464842
the anglo-saxons...
>>
>>3464822
It's obviously just a front to keep her disguise. Unless she has sex mind control powers, the rumor about her not being a man would spread around camp extremely fast if she actually did sleep around with camp followers.
>>
>>3464797
where is the hawkins porn you fucking HACK
>>
>>3464783
Slut PCs can be fun. especially manwhores
>>
File: Untitled.png (40 KB, 616x139)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
IT'S OUT!!
>that fucking price
>>
>The whole blackmail plot amounts to Garret just randomly bringing it up to watch the Draggon break into cold sweat and nothing else
>Off-handendly mentions she finds the idea of naked Wulfram tied to his bed
B-Bros, what she's gonna do to me...
>>
>>3464854
>getting dommed by an army tomboy
man I really need to play infinity again but with a guide so I know what the fuck I'm doing
>>3464853
>this came out before unsupervised
>>
>>3464853
this is WITH the discount?
>>
>>3464853
>19.99
>14.99 discounted
Is this the paradox tax in effect?
>>
>>3464853
I wasn't too hooked on with the demo, but it has a chance of being good. At the very least I may buy it in the miniscule chance that it allows Pon Para 3 to be made. Still, it's way too expensive.
>>
>>3464853
I truly wonder if there will ever be an Exalted one.
>>
>>3464853
Thank god i hate werewolf shit
Shame i still wasted money on blood omen though
>>
>>3464862
All of their stuff are tie-ins for WoD 5e shit and White Wolf doesn't really touch Exalted these days, so extremely unlikely.
>>
>>3464853
What's the name of the previous 2 werewolf games and is this a sequel to them or standalone?
>>
>>3464882
Stand alone; the games you likely think about are Werewolves: Haven Rising and its sequel. Werewolves 2: Pack Mentality: These games are, in my opinion, one of the best Cog games. Bly is likely my favorite RO.
>>
>>3464853
good thing its up on the usual sites
>>
File: Untitled.png (30 KB, 389x167)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>>3464853
Fuck it, I bought it. Hopefully Pon Para 3 is next.
>>
unintentionally hilarious
>>
>>3465015
WE
>>
>>3465015
WUZ
>>
>>3465015
KANGZ!
>>
>>3464846
Commission them
>>
>>3464888
Are the werewolf games actually good? I remember playing the demo for the first one ages ago and not buying it, so I must not have been impressed with it.
>>
>>3465074
I liked them.
>>
>>3465074
Hungry Names isn't related to the Werewolf games published by CoG previously. It's a licensed game of Werewolf the Apocalypse, the TTRPG, and it's standalone. It's by the same guy who did Night Road (Vampire the Masquerade game), which was pretty good.

Of course it's written with Paradox's W5 bullshit, but hey.
>>
File: 0_Hunter-2514995909.png (1.42 MB, 1920x1080)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
>>3465103
god W5 hunter is gonna suck dick because of that, Get ready for second inqistion and the dick sucking of shadowy governmental agnecies that always have human interests at heart and have no vampire corruption (no really). I miss vigil so much
>>
File: word count.png (21 KB, 795x297)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>Trying to find the word count since it wasn't listed on steam
>It's 1.6 million words
>literally in the post right after it some cretin calls Tin Star "lone star"
Can't believe they disrespected the sheriff like that.
>>
>>3465115
>tin star is over 1 million words
Huh?
>>
>>3465118
From what I can tell, Tin star is actually 1.3 million words.
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/tin-star-general-discussion/9854
Don't know why that one guy is claiming otherwise
>>
>>3458498
>destined rival in a CYOA game who's absolutely autistic about fighting (You)

make a pokeymans CYOA for nintendo.
>>
>>3465015
>Kuro Tar
>We wuz KANGZ!!! REEEEE!!!
>>
>>3465125
Man have you seen the rivalries in todays Pokémon games? They can hardly even be considered rivalries at all.
>>
>>3464749
Not him but that one's not good either.
>>
>>3464751
It's hard to remember what it was about.
>>
>>3464853
>A winter night can kill as surely as any monster
Uhhhh no it can't, you're a supernaturally empowered arctic canine. The cold is fine.
>>
>>3465074
Yes, the two Werewolves IFs are good (for being CoG). It feels like you make meaningful decisions and are deciding the future of your people.
>>
>>3465112
Ehhh...It's likely to have issues, but Second Inquisition isn't very likely to be one of them. The premise seems to be about you being mostly solo and the only organizations mentioned are
> Can you trust the fanatics of the Society of Leopold, the scholars and savants of the Arcanum, the ruthless Duffy crime family, or the enigmatic biotech company Fada?
>>
>Tin star is 11.99
>Book of hungry names is 19.99
Are the authors making the prices or COG? Because since COG takes 70% I can easily imagine someone jacking up the price so they get more than a dollar off of each sale.
>>
File: Untitled.png (331 KB, 458x425)
331 KB
331 KB PNG
>If you purchase Werewolf: The Apocalypse — The Book of Hungry Names by 11:59pm PDT on April 26th, we’ll give away the “Wardens and Furies” DLC, featuring the options to play as a member of the Black Fury tribe or the Hart Warden tribe, for free.
>>
>>3465207
CoG gives a few prices they think could work, and the author picks one IIRC. Hungry Names is definitely getting marked up because of Paradox tho.
>>
From jasonstevanhill, chief of CoG or whatever:
>It is the most expensive game so far.
>It's 1.6 million words at release. It also has internal art by Amy Wilkins and there's also some licensing fees built in.
>But it's 1.6 million words. You'll be playing the game for months and still not see it all.
>>
>Witten by the writer of Night Road
alright you sons of bitches, I'm in
>>
>Kyle MarKYS slop
>>
>>3465218
>he doesn't like Pon Para
Massive faggotry at work here.
>>
The new game hasn't been added to Kyle Marquis site yet. I wonder if he forgot about his life like Cultivator Anon did for years
https://www.kylemarquis.net/library.html
>>
File: Restore.png (6 KB, 360x141)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
I think there is a problem with COG's "Purchased products" system. I buy all my COG games on steam, and when I want to play it on my phone I use the [Restore purchases from Steam] button. About a year ago I bought all three Wayhaven books, played through one and decided it wasn't for me and refunded the other two. However, even though I got a steam refund and no longer technically own the product COG still thinks I do and I can play it freely. Even when you Restore new purchases like I just did with the Hungry book, it doesn't seem to update the list and still think you own it even though its not even in your steam library anymore.
I can't help but think that this is an easily exploitable system to get every game, but I don't want to bring to much attention to it in case they just outright remove the ability to link your purchased steam games to their own system.
>>
Well if theres one thing I can say about the new werewolf game, you can hippiemaxx pretty well, which is like half the identity of WoD werewolves
>>
what was that other wip site that a number of cog authors migrated too after the whole colosseum drama? You know the one where they talk shit in their forums most of the time
>>
>>3465271
Colosseum drama? You mean The Price of Freedom? Probably chooseyourstory. Thought I don't recall many former CoGgers on there.
>>
>>3465278
yes it was that one thnx
>>
File: iuf7QTD.png (34 KB, 246x438)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
kek
>>
If you want to get involved in increasingly shady and accidentally violent local politics, and handle incendiary materials in a dangerous fashion, pick the Spectacles.

If you want to explore a deadly jungle, wander around half-poisoned, and fight a duel, pick the Royal Adventurer’s Brigade.

If you want to attend a horse race and help Rory out of a horrible financial situation, pick the Ladies’ Garden Club.

If you want to become accessory to a crime-in-progress and discover unseemly personal information about the aristocracy, pick the Mysterious Benefactor.

If you want to acquire some cinematic fame and meddle with an angry chef’s soup, pick the Spud Nuggets

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO REPLAY JOLLY GOOD A MILLION TIMES GO TRY ALL THE PATHS
>>
>>3465278
damn some of the users there are extremely autistic
>>
>>3465305
>He didn't pick the mysterious benefactor
its like you don't even know how to have fun.
>>
>>3465323
but then i can't save my boy, rory.
>>
File: It'sOverMaster.png (42 KB, 763x335)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
CyS has fallen...EndMaster went WOKE...burning my copy of Eternal rn...
>>
>>3465337
he still hates jeets he's in the clear
>>
>>3465337
isn’t labeling a trans person as a shemale unironically more offensive than just calling the’ trannys?
>>3465340
and no mention of gooks, so they’re fair game
>>
>>3465337
This guy was always kind of weird or degenerate because all his protagonists have some sort of mental illness, usually sex-related in some way. I stopped caring about him entirely when his newest work was about playing a woman who had to try to avoid getting raped or something.
>>
File: piss bros.png (70 KB, 802x576)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>3465352
Don't worry, he's gotta leave now.
>>
>>3465346
that's the point
>>
>>3465365
lmao I love this type of schizo autism
>>
>>3465365
I legitimately don't understand how you can fail to find a bathroom. All restaurants and fastfood joints have them, your own house has them. If you are trapped in some sort of waiting room I would bet money there is a restroom nearby.
>>
>>3465387
its a fetish scene setup, it doesn't have to make sense
>>
>>3465406
yeah but why a teen girl?
>>
>>3465413
teen girls erotic, probably
>>
zapper... buddy... why can I send invites to your patreon server?
>>
>>3465245
What the heck is Zombien? Zombie niggers? Ambien made out of zombies?
>>
>>3465424
I seriously don’t get the obsession with teen girls
>bony
>retarded
>annoying
>basic and boring
there should be more erotic MILF stories
>>
>>3465443
this but they aren't milfs they are cougars arcadie has far too good sex scenes from what amounts of a horny general/whatever her position was taking advantage of the cute virign prince MC
>>
>>3465448
I wonder how mad your dead parents and sister are, looking down from the heavens watching their general taking advantage of their second born
>>
>>3465449
Less mad than when their second born gets all tingly over, and makes out with their murderer and traitor to the kingdom
>>
MILFs are past their prime.
>>
>>3465442
>Welcome to the world of Zombien. Zombien is an interactive Alien invasion/Zombie Apocalypse tale where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
I have no idea honestly.
>>
>>3464839
The best thing about wanting to fuck them is that for nick the warning signs were there. He knows about the crush you had on your school bully
>>
>>3465458
Oh wow, how did I not think of zombie+alien
>>
>>3465459
for me he knows about the crush on sally, so essentially my character loves sally but is weak to pretty smiles from pretty women, and also really likes to take risks in life. also sally's seething when you flirt with reese over the recorded phone call was funny
>>
>>3465449
Proud that true love wins in the end (and also it strengthens her house politically as a side bonus)

>>3465452
that never happens though? the best the traitor gets is indentured servitude towards the betterment of the kingdom
>>
>>3465442
Zombie aliens. It’s bad. Zombie Exodus is the only half good zombie IF and it’s still shit.
>>
>>3465443
>teen girls
>bony
Anon, real life is not anime. Boobs don't get bigger until 30s, they get saggier. They finish growing in the late teens for most.
>>
>>3465488
Entertaining bad or annoying bad
>>
>lil sibling has a score of 0, making their mind offer literally no resistance
>He got turned on by his highschool bully
>Despite being supremely vulnerable, takes a job in an incredibly dangerous line of work
>Gets turned on by the instructor who hurts hurts and dominated them
>Gets aroused by terrorists who would kill and torture them if they knew the truth
At what point do you think Nick realized that their little sibling was a massive fucking pervert?
>>
>>3465527
Ambrose is my gay pick. I'm still mad at andy for cockblocking me with reese, just let me fuck your boss bro (while I have a bug on me). also chapter 18 has some issues with how the only current options are getting captured with kent or deciding that mass sterilzation is a great idea and that I would make a great terroist
>>
>>3465442
Going to be honest, I don't even remember playing it so I can't speak for it. But if I bought it and played it and completely forgot about it's existence I can't imagine it was any good.
>>
>>3465534
I only played the official demo, can I mass sterilize all non ments? Objectively ments are the superior form of humanity
>>
>>3465541
nah its the other way around, the terroists have a plan to sterilze all ments. also sally is a fucking keeper
>>
>>3465548
No way I am letting that happen, if the game would let me I would be a ment supremacist. The next stage in human evolution
>>
File: FlirtWithDanger.jpg (545 KB, 1080x3786)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>
>>3465558
Nick doesn't deserve this...
>>
>>3465527
>hurts hurts
never knew there was a skaven here
>>
>>3465562
he does because the seethe is really funny see >>3464315
>>
>>3465563
fast-Quickly fellow skaven, Silence-kill the man thing!!
>>
Imagine looking after your lil bro for years, only to get trapped in his mind as he lusts for the people responsible for putting you in a coma. I would be seething as well
>>
File: Giwtwm.gif (443 KB, 740x1257)
443 KB
443 KB GIF
>>3465576
evil girls are simply superior it gets so much worse once you realize that they are using nick as patient zero for the sterilization drug, and you STILL lust after them
>>
>>3465581
>picrel
this better be how honeypot acts otherwise I'm outing HoneypotAnon to the KGB
>>
All of nicks suffering could have been avoided had he not given his friend that cooking apparatus
>>
>>3465590
doesn't matter he'd suffer either way, the ment that originally controlled you has a vendetta agaisnt nick
>>
>>3465595
>the ment that originally controlled you has a vendetta agaisnt nick
what? spoilers pls?
>>
>>3465600
sorry, thought it was obvious with the whole "blowing up your brother" thing
>>
>>3465602
Nta but I thought it was pure bad luck on nicks part. The explosion was more for show then it was for damage after all.
>>
>>3465604
I think it was a bit of both, a happy accident for leonardo
>>
I'AM ASTERIA'S SECOND COMING. WHOM I CHOOSE TO PROTECT DESERVED BE PROTECTED SOLELY BECAUSE I CHOSE THEM. I'AM A KEEPER, WHAT I CHOOSE BY DEFINITION IS RIGHT!
I don't have the MOS btw
>>
>>3465616
I compelled astrid because its the only way to keep her safe
>>
I compelled Astrid to get more points in my compulsion skill
>>
>>3465624
>>3465635
I don't use compulsion magic because is better compel people with punches
>>
i killed my bio father infront of my adoptive parents and then compelled them to forget
>>
>>3465558
What game is this?
>>
>>3465642
Aura Clash
>>
>>3465642
Aura Clash junior.
>>
>>3465642
unsupervised
>>
>>3465642
Actual answer? It's mindblind, but you should play Aura Clash and Unsupervised regardless
>>
>antifacists
lmaooo. I like nin though she's a cute metalhead
>>
>>3465686
Thanks for telling me the truth baby
>>
>>3465696
>werewolves relying on pantifa
V5 isn't a joke, it's a humiliation ritual
>>
make a new thread already jesus
>>
>>3465731
We are literally only on page 5. This one should still be good for another day or two
>>
>>3465729
he legit censored the word "god". and I don't think he's going for the "gods name is unspeakable by mortals" route like smt 4a does
>>
>>3465696
>>3465729
>>3465741
I really really hope this flops
like, why censor god?
>>
>>3465734
On /vrpg/ that should be good for probably 2-3 more days
>>
>>3465745
I've only ever seen jews do that, is he from the He Clan?
>>
>>3465745
g*d is an evil authoritarian figure.
>>
>>3465674
unironically based that all the best RI are white :D
>>
>>3465804
theres like nonewhite dude on the team iirc. Maybe that chick you meet at the party isn't white? i don't remember and she shows up so late she has no characterization
>>
>>3465809
one*
>>
>>3465809
I think the only one who isn’t white is amir and that nugget kid on the cover and he isn’t even in the story yet
nora is romanian I think? and the last bitch is australian
so yes the best RIs are white :D
>>
>>3465696
This is painful.
>>
>>3465581
>fucking with my boy's dick
What the actual fuck, I'm going to nuke them all if just for that alone
>>
>>3465865
>"How come random strangers can touch my brother's dick but I'm not allowed to?" Was the first thought he heard after his sibling hear about the sterilization project
>>
Please tell me that Kyle learned from Pon Para and didn’t make Book of Hungry Name’s stat checks completely retarded
>>
>>3465882
>not being outraged on principle at people fucking with your family's ability to start a family, and have to make it a incest thing
anon...
>>
>>3465894
You don't even get to play as a werewolf in the game
>>
>>3465896
Elaborate, because the marketing says otherwise.
>>
>>3465894
There's the option for the checks to show which stat they are testing, but that's for baby losers who can't handle the stat roulette.
If you really want the achievement for playing blind, at least in the demo what stats you get from the initial choices is clearer but as for how they are tested they are still somewhat misleading.
>>
>>3465897
I am lying to you
>>
>>3465899
>but as for how they are tested they are still somewhat misleading
Dammit.
>>
>>3465901
It's not that awful since there don't seem to be many hidden stat mods so you just have to trust your stats. Nothing will be worse than Pon Para 1 mov mod that you could get when you didn't expect like raiding the armory that would cripple pretty much every check in the game.
>>
Okay but does the new Werewolf cyoa have any girls that aren’t completely terrible? That’s the real question.
>>
>>3465906
You only get to have sex with animal spirits
>>
>open Book of Hungry Names Steam page
>get assaulted by the monotone CoG guy narrating like he’s just took 100 mg of xanax
Those promo videos can do nothing but hurt sales, holy shit shut the hell up.
>>
>>3465581
Look the terrorist leader is hot and all but ignorable. But the second in command is the right mix of unhinged psychopath and broken girl that I just can't resist wanting to fuck her. The game allows you to be a pervert who falls in love with people capable and willing of killing him, all while crushing your poor brothers soul with your degeneracy, it's perfect. And it all points to you also being able to crush on the bomber.
>>
>>3465909
That sounds like another lie, anon.
>>
>>3465913
It is
>>
>>3465912
>And it all points to you also being able to crush on the bomber.
Holy fucking shit Nick is actually going to disown us
>>
File: IMG_6070.jpg (202 KB, 928x1024)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
>>3465915
>>
I just want to date the autistic half naked pet owner, the fact that they're actually not a Ment is a nice bonus, though having my Button go full betrayed dramawhore over thinking his privacy was horribly violated was pretty funny.
>>
>>3465917
Force of habit primarily
>>
>>3465916
>tfw your adorable little sibling whom you loved and cherished since they were just a baby turns out to be an absolute freak
In a way, him saving our life was his greatest mistake
>>
>>3465920
Our mother should have finished the job while she had the chance, now nick gets to watch as we sterilize the ment population for sex
>>
>>3465900
>>3465919
who do you think you are, Ouma?
>>
>>3464894
Which ones
>>
File: 1710022413686312.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>mind blind
>>
Bump
>>
>*comment dlc_note Gonna introduce poly relationships in one of the DLCs, that stuff is too much work right now
lmao
>>
>>3465998
What game
>>
>>3466006
The new Werewolf slop
>>
what’s with all the recent WIPs on twine featuring PoC only romances?
I prefer white boys, they are cute :(
>>
>>3466052
>twine
wtf why there's no whites in my black hood!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>>3466081
but it’s disgusting and discriminatory to exclude cute white boys from anything :(
>>
>>3466083
Whites can't be discriminated against, chudidie.
>>
>>3465337
this guy is a nut job i love him never change endmaster
>>
>>3465696
need a 'jak of this asap
>>3465741
the author also capitalizes the b in black. i like the game, the storys fun and the mechanics are deep but damn shit like this is mildly irritating
>>
>>3466100
>Requesting a jak of all things
You should feel ashamed.
>>
>>3465906
cast is the weakest part. didnt care for any of them.
>>
>>3466096
not fair, they’re too cute to be treated in such a way :(
>>
>>3465696
do they actually call the cultists the Cultists
>>
>>3466109
racists colonizer pigs don't deserve to be treated in any other way :)
>>
>>3465998
Poly is a meme
>>
>>3466125
stop being so mean! cute white boys don’t deserve the hate :(
>>
>>3466125
>shitskin mad that he wasn't the one to colonize europe
>>
>>3466153
I'm the snownigger colonizing Europe, albeit?
>>
what the fuck is this conversation
>>
>>3464853
>>3465998
>Book of gay faggots is finally released
KYLE GET BACK TO PON-PARA WE DON'T NEED FUCKING WoD SLOP DLCS
>>
>>3466154
You destroyed Rome then!
>>
>>3466158
It was just vengeance for my Etruscian ancestors.
>>
>>3466157
I'm sorry bro, CoG & Paradox will probably invite Kyle to do another WoD game with the success of Night Road and depending on how well Book of Hungry Names does
>>
>>3465912
Not going to lie anon, in these games where you pick the character genders by picking your characters sexuality, I always say Bi because it feels weird when 90% of the important cast are all girls
>>
>>3466173
>I-I'm only saying I fuck men so I can be around more men!
Stop eating goyslops and go to the gym. Now.
>>
>>3466173
I only recall this ever being an actual issue that exist in trash like Wayhaven or Choice of Rebels
>>
>>3466184
guys can be cute too anon
>>
>>3466190
Yeah if you're a prancing lala homo man. Stop drinking tap water and go lift.
>>
>>3466209
no. and I drink well water lmao
>>
>>3466217
Do you ever feel...peckish after drinking from it?
>>
>>3466233
>Seeking Mr Eaten's Grindr Profile
>>
>>3465221
Pon Para is shit, I want to strangle every single one of that fag's characters. Your dickhead dad in the dieselpunk game was the only time he had something going, and he fucked even that up.
>>
>>3466173
I honestly dislike variable gender characters. Who they are as a man or a woman does change their circumstances considerably and it also changes the perception of what they do, but they are the same character in the same roles and the game can never properly acknowledge those changes or their physical differences without it becoming bloated code wise. It also suddenly becomes weird how every character just happens to be one you can be attracted to. I get that it's so people don't become mad when they can't romance the character they like but, unless used very sparingly, it usually cheapens the story.
>>
>>3466248
agreed
>>
>>3466248
I get the feeling that the worst offenders are authors who really just want to write a dating sim/otome game with every RO being female/male so they slap variable gender on top of it and call it a day. But perhaps I'm just forever traumatized by that one time the CoG forums meme'd me into playing The Shadow Society. The horror.
>>
>>3466266
the otome immigration has been a disaster for cyoas
>>
>>3466248
It's more convenient, to be honest. Writing a new LI for every combination of gender and sexuality is how you become Shepards of Haven, and usually the LI you want to romance is locked behind gender and sexuality combo you don't want to have. I can't blame people for doing that, but if the situation allows for it, some nods to their gender would be nice.
>>
>>3466271
*Shepherds
>>
>>3466271
>made the bossy tsundere ojousama into a measly fling and a pity end if you decided not to fuck and of the real ROs
I'm still mad
>>
>>3466271
I'm not gonna make variable characters, there will probably be 2-3 chicks and 2-3 dudes that are romancable, (one of the dudes will probably be gay to fill the CoG quota)
>>
>>3466271
>gender and sexuality combo you don't want to have.
I don't really get why people like this are so allergic to switching up their character if they really want to romance that one character when they see no issue with the RO turning into a sex doll morphing to your preferences.
>>
>>3466301
Some weirdos get way too into self inserting. It's why you see so much vitiligo freckles or pronouns shit these days
>>
>playing the werewolf game
>oh you get cold haha nice flavor
>a basic winter in MA deals aggravated damage and shuts off your regeneration
You're a fucking wolf. Wolves sleep through snowstorms regularly WITHOUT a werewolf's regeneration. Who wrote this slop?
>>
File: 1709914480472129.png (958 KB, 1280x720)
958 KB
958 KB PNG
>>3466301
Because options that are left for some people are very, very lacking. One, maybe two characters at best while everyone else gets much more. It's annoying and unfair - also, in most settings gender does not really affect a thing.

Gender of LIs matters? They stay that way. We are in mecha anime thirty hundred years from now one? Who gives a shit, let the player pick and choose. I was always in favour of playersexuality because I prefer to see men romancing other men - and it's a very, very rare fucking thing, and usually it's done like shit (Dorian's quest wasted on the fact he's gay in the setting homophobia does not really exist is the most glaring example).

It depends, first of all, on what you're writing about.
>>
>>3466312
>I prefer to see men romancing other men
See, me too. But for that I need men who realize that the other person also is a man.
>>
>>3466317
I like the details made for different combinations of genders, but eh, best to not expect any effort in general from people who don't do things out of passion. I'd much rather take DA2's playersexual approach compared to Rogue Trader's one - your m/m option is a single alien elf psycho who, although very compelling, keeps getting ignored in the surveys, marketing and everything else.
>>
>>3466329
I genuinely prefer the latter. Perhaps you can go on pretending that the straight romance you are reading is totally something else, but it isn't my cup of tea. If this means I'll be skipping romance 49 out of 50 times then that's fine. I'll savor the one exception.
>>
>>3466337
Eh, I constantly banged my head aganist straight LIs that seemed to me like they'd at least be bi. Savouring the exceptions is nice, but I would really prefer to simply get reactivity and reaction to different gender combinations, not a simple lock aka "mr. knight-in-shining-armour is straight again, who-o-o, we're breaking the non-existing stereotypes again".

Granted, I am bi myself. I just don't understand how gender of a partner would affect my feelings for them.
>>
>>3466344
>straight LIs that seemed to me like they'd at least be bi.
>mr. knight-in-shining-armour is straight again, who-o-o, we're breaking the non-existing stereotypes again
It's so bizarre to talk to you chronically online faggots. Disgust aside, to actually communicate my point, you sound equal to someone complaining that ROs having all four limbs is stereotypical or not something you can envision, because amputees exist. The idea that faggotry would be anywhere, let alone everywhere, is such a bizarre demand.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (392 KB, 1544x1080)
392 KB
392 KB PNG
I've come up with the basic stats and backgrounds, now I just have to figure out how to make the statpage display things correctly so I can make sure choices are assigning the correct stats. I'm split on whether the information I share in Comments should be shared with the player or retained.
>>
>>3466353
You can try to implement score showing for personality stats, and maybe some text for trait values. If something is true, placeholder text should say something like "you are known for your kind heart / being a cunt/ pragmatic mindset".
>>
It's so annoying and unfair that every RO in these games is over 18 years old. Where's my representation? Where are my kindergarteners?
>>
>>3466364
>Where are my kindergarteners?
https://forum.choiceofgames.com/t/dear-diary-we-created-a-plot-hole-a-slice-of-life-fantasy-adventure-updated-dec-25-chapter-4-5-is-here-509-000-words/89686
>>
>>3466364
>Where's my representation?
Honypot is supposed to be 16 and a secretly stacked tsundere villain tomboy who gets flustered by all the bee puns and how we don't take her seriously. the author wanted none of this, we forced it on him.

>Where are my kindergarteners?
Come on over to my place so I can ensure you are properly castrated and hanged
>>
>>3466371
>secretly stacked
honeypot is FLAT
>>
>>3466364
I think its just to be on the safe side of things to have everyone be above/around 18. still hilarious that everyone in infamous is in their mid 20s/30s and are acting like teenagers thouth
>>
>>3466365
What, are you suggesting I should ADAPT my self-insert to be a kid!? How dare you! I demand to be able to play as a fat balding 30 year old man or I'll shit my piss and cry my cum!
>>
>>3466382
>everyone in infamous is in their mid 20s/30s and are acting like teenagers thouth
they're musicians, their kind is just like that
>>
>>3466379
Seems like you didn't know the secret.
>>
File: CosmicJustice.png (359 KB, 600x800)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
>>3466391
the power of my imagination will make her FLAT
>>
>huh weird why cant I be a Get of Fenris
>discover it's been rebranded to "cult of fenris" and are bad guys
EVERYTHING about v5 is fucking gay, holy shit. If I tried to ruin WoD for $1,000,000 I wouldn't have done this good of a job.
>>
>>3466412
I’m still salty over the tremere and that baali methuselah allowing the mary sue mud assamites to live
>>
>>3466412
yeah I dunno much about werewolf lore, but from a quick glance at their wiki these guys got butchered in 5e. being boiled down to "le bad facists" and thats it with no nuance. it goes from gauru that (understandably) see humans as lesser and weak to just a strawman for racists. I don't think you can even side with them if you want to in the cyoa which is dumb, let the monsters be fucking monsters nuWoD
>>
>20 bucks
>WoD 5E
>it’s the Pon Para guy so you know the stat checks are going to be nonsensical, which makes the CHOOSING part of the CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE a pain in the ass
Nope, not reading that shit.
>>
>>3466422
Ehh, Night Road checks weren't...that bad, I think?
>>
>>3466419(me)
also old WoD art just has so much more soul than nuWod its not even funny. I visibly cringed when I saw the portrait for melodie in her human form
>>
>>3466413
For me, it's how Sabbat how borderline erased to make place for Anarchwanking.
>>
>>3466426
Umm...why does your hunter have fangs?
>>
>>3466429
those aren't fangs its his cheek and his massive pearly whites, I got this from a hunter book
>>
>>3466422
It actually is surprisingly awful and I hate it.
>20 stat checks without the option to level up anything yet
>your WEREWOLF suffers aggravated damage from sleeping inside an abandoned Massachusetts house in the winter, something homeless do without issue.
>this KEEPS HAPPENING (I have suffered 3 agg damage out of 4 health while bee-lining it to the housing option)
>need cash but no option to just rob people
>chose to hitchhike and game says only a tranny helped me and he was cool and on his way to MA to get his "top surgery"
>for some fucking reason my character kept calling him a woman, so I guess he thinks Michael Jackson was white due to surgery
>Finally meet another werewolf by following clues that he used to date some white chick, meet him, of course he's black
>regenerating makes you lose your werewolf powers for a while instead of being automatic
The game is so terrible mechanically and ambiently and it feels like all the awful stuff doesn't have to be there, like it was handpicked and thrown into a system and story that worked otherwise. It's as if some herpes-ridden jew took a decent game and pissed on it out of spite.
>>
How long until people realize Night Road was always shit?
>>
>>3466433
I realized it on my first try. I was bored to death. In fact, I say all the game fromThe World of Darkness series is shit.
>>
>>3466432
>black werewolf
this mind breaks the anon. though to be fair yeah The author was leaning into the progressive shit a bit much. all the characters talking about how get of fenris are facists, the prog rock concert with "antifacists" ect. WoD has always been punk and kinda hippie, especially werewolf, but modern day "Progressivism" definitely takes center stage compared to the older editions anti authority and individualistic tone
>>
>>3466427
>the beckoning
a piss poor attempt at writing them off, should’ve done something similar to the week of nightmares or something
>some power hungry lasombra or antitribu finds the “torpored body of a 3rd gen or methuselah
>daddy vamp isn’t in torpor and fucks everyone up in the surrounding area
>uses blood magic to lure in other sabbat to kill them all off because he’s that petty
still extremely bad but still nominally better than the beckoning
and why the need to write the sabbat off btw? anarchs are unironically a bunch of boot licking cunts, the sabbat were the true anarchs/rebels
>>
I'm so glad mage the ascension hasn't gottened V5'd yet. Hopefully paradox goes out of buisness before they ever set their gaze on it
>>
>>3466438
and too add since the tzimisce are trans icons now, why would they try to write off the sect where they have the most power and influence?
>>
>>3466438
>and why the need to write the sabbat off btw?
Because they're too evil for most of their audience so they got le wholesome rebels for them to play instead.
IIRC they doubled down so bad on the evil Sabbat thing so much their 5e thing read like the whole faction is just your shovelheads and nothing else.
>>
>>3466443
>wanting to prevent gehenna
>too evil
lol, also
>rebels against their elders
>somehow they’re considered less anarchistic and rebellious than the anarchs
sucks to be a sabbat fag rn
>>
>>3466446
Gehenna isn't real, didn't you hear? White Wolf got bought by the Camarilla.
>>
>>3466413
for me its how hunters have been rewritten to be government shills, and the fact that all the secret governmental organizations of all the countries coincidentally realized there where vampires and totally set aside their differences to form an international organization. and there is no vamp corruption in this organization. I miss the conspiracies that weren't SI, basically everyone got swept aside and now SI are the defacto leaders of hunters. I hate that, I like when hunters where a fragemented force of everyday people that saw through the veil and want to fight back, not government agents.
>>
Is the new werewolf game any good?
>>
AMR2 fucking when.
>>
>>3466463
eh
>>
>>3466463
I hate it. See >>3466432 plus they turned the Get of Fenris clan into "le heckin fascists" because they dont like humans. Half the werewolves you talk to also hate and callously slaughter humans for getting in the way, but the Get of Fenris were white so they're fascists about it. Also it's the Cult of Fenris now. And no, you can't side with them or be from them. Meanie enemies only.
>>
Does the game actually address how weird it is to be a male Black Fury?
>>
>>3466470
nope I don't remember the game ever saying "your a dude so it'll be a bit tougher/weirder for you to join". they treat it like any other tribe
>>
File: 312312312312.jpg (176 KB, 1280x1024)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
>>3466468
>>3466469
>Werewolves continue to be the worst Splat
Now if only we got a cyoa that exposed how terrible and gay every convention besides Iteration X and the Void Engineers are to the general populace...
>>
CAN WE GET 1 (ONE) GOOD CYOA RELEASE THIS YEAR? HOLY SHIT
>>
>>3466495
We got the Aura Clash update.
>>
>>3466495
unsupervised
>>
>>3466497
That’s a WIP.
>>3466501
Zaper… I said this year, not next year…
>>
>>3466501
it's not coming out this decade bro...
>>
>>3466495
Star Crystal Warriors Go! is going to blast every other COG game out of the water so hard that no more CYOA games will be released since they peaked there and then.
>>
>>3466507
you know what, I actually think a magical girl cyoa could work.
>>
File: Chuck Norris Laugh.gif (1.04 MB, 290x189)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB GIF
>>3466501
>>
>>3466507
That legit could be cool if the author actually likes the genre.
>>
You know now that I think about it, since Zaper was fully ready to release Unsupervised at the start of the year but had it delayed till next year. He could already be working on a Sequel even if its not officially out yet.
>>
File: IMG_3229.jpg (17 KB, 329x496)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>3466514
You’re so optimistic, anon…
>>
>>3466507
I just pray to all known gods that author is not a Madoka fan.
>>
>>3466521
hahahahaa
>>
>>3466522
What, they are?
>>
I’m looking at the screenshots on the Steam page for the magical girl game, and in all of them there’s ONLY three choices to choose from…
A bad omen.
>>
>>3466521
Should go with copying Sailor Moon desu, some absolute bullshit happened in those arcs and SM herself regularly had to bring back all of her friends, earthlings and eventually the whole universe back to life
>>
>>3466521
The title says that it's a retro magical girl story while Madoka and all of its derivatives are the modern take so I doubt it would have the same beats. Regardless I wouldn't be surprised if it has choices about rebelling against your shady power giving pet companion or something like that.
>>
>>3466507
I can't wait to be a magical boy of light and justice TM
>>
>>3466557
this, who the fuck wants to be a girl?
>>
>>3466559
Everyone
>>
>Can't refuse the call to action
Just give me a game over if I pick it but at least give me the choice!
>>
>>3466562
I’d be an ugly bitch though :/
>>
>>3466564
You're already an ugly bitch, sweetie :)
>>
File: Magical boy.jpg (68 KB, 460x215)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3466564
Your in luck then. These are what the characters look like.
>>
>>3466563
nah that shit sucks, writers shouldn't pander to fags who refuse to engage with the story
>>
>>3466507
Can't wait to romance the rival magical girl (40yo)
>>
>>3466344
I'm absolutely appalled. This is the kind of posts we could see on the official forums, yet this faggot felt it was fine to write it here. I implore you, go back and never return.
>>
>>3466563
I feel that my right to choose my own adventure through a fully-fleshed out and tabula rasa protagonist on whom the writers didn't inflict any semblance of dependency is infringed by the inability to vocalize that I just want to blow up people.
>>
File: IMG_4511.png (131 KB, 446x448)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
>>3466566
>>
>>3466565
rude! :0
>>3466566
dropped
>>
>>3466567
Naturally, and that's why its a game over.
>>
>>3466566
It's CoG art, I would be surprised if it was *good*
>>
zaper hasn't actually posted itts recently and I'm a bit concerned
>>
>>3466681
He put himself in Cyrosleep until CoG releases his game.
>>
>>3466495
We get tea and scones next year by the latest. I think
>>
>>3466681
He was placed into the time chamber so he could work on the unsupervised DLC, just two more weeks, trust the plan.
>>
>>3466681
Locked into the CoG basement until he rewrites the whole game.
>>
File: Connection error.png (332 KB, 768x394)
332 KB
332 KB PNG
Don't you love when you know for a fact that the second the internet goes down you will no longer be able to play a certain game? Hell if their servers ever crash or their data gets corrupted how much of yours will also be lost because they demand an internet connection?
Sure it resynched again shortly after, but that's not the point
>>
File: 1713974381102365m.jpg (92 KB, 1024x576)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
>>3466698
Thats why I keep my favorite games on multiple machines. And also emulators, citra shutdown lmao.
>>
File: IMG_4733.gif (459 KB, 220x169)
459 KB
459 KB GIF
>>3466698
>cyberpunk memes
>>
File: Time dialation.jpg (121 KB, 1200x900)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>3466704
There really should be one massive torrent of all the games an emulator can run. Download it and start seeding, takes Vimms lair for instance. It's a nice repository but the second it gets shutdown then its gone. I know some other emulator sites refuse to host Nin Ten Do products or emulators for fear of being shut down so if Vimms shuts down then that's another knock against preservation.
>>
>>3466712
Well (I) for one like it.
>>
>>3466698
The dev should just release a version where I don't need to use energy or that other retarded shit to play, I would be willing to pay nearly forty bucks for it.
>>
Zaper's discord reads like a retirement home. poor sods really think that war for the west 2 will be released in our lifetime
>>
File: my broken body.png (134 KB, 578x228)
134 KB
134 KB PNG
>>3466716
The action system is the weirdest and weakest part about it. For example, there is the in game time which can progress hour by hour after doing actions. But there is also the real world time, for example I have had broken rips and a major wound for a while now. But after a day passing IRL the game acknowledges that time passed and my character has a bunch of stats moved and gets "Gone one day without sleep). But when I start to play again time in game hasn't moved, and its still the exact same time I left it game at. I even get a day passed towards the healing of my bones because of the IRL passage of time, rather than in game passage of time.
It's like the two systems are fighting each other, it's weird. I get that he is trying to do a microtransaction thing where you buy binges and credits in order to play more but there is not a way in hell I am going to do that. I would prefer to spend the 40 bucks as you say to buy the game outright then to support that kind of system.
>>
File: Credit packs.png (76 KB, 643x435)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
The system to me is clearly financially motivated as can be shown in the DLC section. In the steam reviews whenever people complain about it or ask why he either links to his FAQ or other peoples steam reviews
>>
File: Dev response.png (431 KB, 1006x1447)
431 KB
431 KB PNG
As an example of the steam review bit, here is some guy complaining about the action point limitation and the business model. To which the dev responds by locking the negative reviews comment and linking it to a completely different steam review which has its own comments unlocked. It's a weird tactic and I have not seen any other dev use this method before.
>>
https://www.choiceofgames.com/user-contributed/ascot/
What the fuck is this?
>>
>>3466788
>Crud is right! You are dead!
>>
>>3466791
I brew up :(
>>
>>3466788
>2009
That game is almost old enough to post on 4chan
>>
>>3466788
Answering "no" and "?" constantly does unique things, even if the game simply repeats the loop ad nauseum. It's... certainly something.
>>
>>3466788
Malkavians at it again.
>>
>>3466807
nah I think a visionary made this one. by the way how the fuck do I work with having a visionary being in the party of my first game as a storyteller for hunter
>>
Which is the Crime and Punishment of CYOA's?
>>
>>3466863
Morey town
>>
>>3466867
ain’t that a furry game?
>>
>>3466872
Yes, but it has crime and punishment in it.
>>
File: StanIsME.jpg (1.08 MB, 1914x1079)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Games with literally me in it?
>>
>>3466926
Aura Clash. You are the background tailor who dies by accident after a cultivator threw a boulder from miles away and it crushed you when it landed
>>
>>3466698
How many people here actually play that game?
>>
is the book of hungry names any good?
>>
>>3467219
It's probably the most pozzed game I've played yet. Not even worth playing it for free just an utter waste of time.
>>
>>3466718
> Zaper
he’s a boy lover
>>
>>3467219
Not at all.
>>
what happened to that mass mother murderer(think that was the title??) wip?
>>
>>3467267
Sammy threw a fit when he found out that his game is too edgy for CoG to publish, so he ran away to some freemium gem system shovelware publisher. You can see how well it went from how he crawled back to CoG like a battered wife in the end.
>>
>>3467362
(didn’t one cog game have rape in it?$)unfortunate though , any edgy wips or games?
>>
>>3466716
>>3466730
He isn't ever going to remove it. As I keep saying, the action system is a fundamental part of the game is designed around to keep you trapped on a treadmill so that you'll still keep engaging with the game months, years later without exhausting all of the actual content. It's a 2.6 mil word game, big, sure, but you'd still run out of stuff to in a maybe a month or two and he adds new stuff that makes CoGger patreon bait look like someone with a work ethic. So you get the energy system, menaces, busywork filler. Even when we played with the energy cheat everyone got burnt out a month or so after release due to how little there is to actually do there and how everything else is still designed as filler around energy system.
Case in point: you know the dojo? How it takes massive amount of time to pump one (1) stat a bit? Well, now imagine this: stretch isn't nerfed yet; overtraining isn't a thing yet; you have infinite energy; you set up an auto-clicker to abuse that infinite energy. It still took forever to get that (1) stat boost.
>It's like the two systems are fighting each other, it's weird. I
Because the passage of time in-game was reworked after release. Back then it would simply stop at 'Almost daylight' and stay there forever unless you got a new day irl.
>>
>pg.9
new thread mongoloids
NOW!!!
>>
>>3467405
Not yet, dumbass.
>>
>>3467405
You aren't on /vg/, dummy, relax.
>>
>>3467405
We almost got banned once. Sit on your ass and shut up.
>>
>>3466698
I actually kind of enjoy the game, but the content updates are rather slow, so I always take a 3-month pause before I play for two weeks.
>>
>>3467460
>the content updates are rather slow
Now that's a fucking understatement. How long ago were the Badlands supposed to come out? Two years ago?
>>
>>3467683

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.