[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this one of the most mediocre JRPGs of all time?
>>
>>3462528
use the fucking tales general retard
>>
>>3462528
Unironically yes. It is the most 7/10 JRPG ever made.
>>
File: Sg.jpg (203 KB, 860x764)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
If this is thread about mediocre rpgs then I have to mention Stella Glow
Soild 6/10
>>
i want to play it for sorey and mikleo but idk if 60hrs is worth it. do they have sex or should i play berseria instead
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>3462528
Problem is they have these zany characters in what is really a dark story. It never clicks together.

>MUH MALEVOLENCE
>>
>>3462528
Compared to what? The vast majority of JRPGs are bad compared to the few good games.
>>
File: are you for real_face.jpg (36 KB, 600x600)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>3462528
>mfw skills on gear
I want to kill whoever decided to implement that. To make matters worse you don't even have to engage with the system and you can beat the game just fine. It's there for NG+ and higher difficulty.
>>
>>3463996
>Problem is they have these zany characters in what is really a dark story. It never clicks together.
You described pretty much most, if not all Tales games
>>
>>3464027
>mfw skills on gear
Like FF9? I don't remember
>>
File: zestiria-skit.jpg (113 KB, 1024x576)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>3464045
it's especially bad in zestiria. basically, they have the wrong kind of characters in a story they were going for. they'd be a perfect fit a light hearted comedic story.
>>
>>3462528
Yes, the only good things about it are Edna and Lailah.
>>
>>3463996
This guy sucks so much. What an absolute wet fart of a villain. Seriously what exactly was supposed to be interesting about this guy? He practically does nothing the entire game
>>
>>3464048
Worse than that. It's all bullshit effects you're to stack like 5% damage to dragons or some dumb shit
>>
>>3463996
These niggas looking Zestria, these niggas looking Moistasia.

Girl on the left looks bland yet somehow destinctive though...I guess she is not designated waifu?
>>
>>3463751
Mediocre would be 4-6. 7 is above average
>>
This game and FFXV felt similar as fuck, >Boring open world
>Boring side quest
>good Party
>shitty combat Inspired by KH2/Graces combat
>Gimmick ruin the combat
> the main female showed in the trailer is sideline hard
>Sad ending
>>3464048
Vesperia has the FF9 one
>>3464027
Is insane that we went from
>Innocence pseudo job system
>Vesperia decent FF9lite abilities
>Graces kino title system
>Heart R soma
>Xillia FFX-lite system
To the shit Zestiria have.
At least Arise tried to fix mixing Xillia and Graces system so was an improvement
>>
File: lailah sheet.jpg (323 KB, 1280x1920)
323 KB
323 KB JPG
>>3464027
>>3466063
I don't really have an issue with the equipment system itself per-say (it's a lot fucking better than berseria's). When you know what you're doing it makes a lot of sense and you can tailor some pretty crazy effects out of it, which is pretty much essential for higher difficulties.
That said - I think the game does an absolutely terrible job explaining the system, and if you're just playing on normal difficulty I wouldn't be surprised if most people just make the first vertical bonus for the health boost and leave it like that.

The hate the combat gets is also overblown imo? Armitization is hit or miss, and there's certainly camera issues depending on the dungeon, but I honestly really enjoy how sidestepping/backdashing leads to further steps in the combo chain as well as faster casting for spells, and using the Blast Gurage to extend combos is a lot of fun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.