[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vrpg/ - Video Games/RPG

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FO01_NPC_Tandi_N.jpg (134 KB, 803x414)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
Its fucking absurd how woke Fallout 1 and 2 are, and yet nobody calls them out for it.
"Oh yeah the brown farmgirl becomes a super nice president for 50 years, now go kill the evil white president of the united states."
>>
>>3466473
She tells you to fuck off and that she's only into men if you try to flirt with her as a female MC.
>>
>>3466473
It's made by Californians and homosexuals, anon. What did you expect? Like, there's gay marriage in the second game and it doesn't even make sense as part of the joke.
>>
>>3466473
>a super nice president
What are you talking about?
She's a cunt in the second game and everybody hates her.
>>
As if I needed to be told to blow up the oil rig filled with the successors of the three letter agencies
Young Tandi is a cute ass tomboy too, was my childhood crush. Shame you can't breed her
>>
>>3466473
>NIOOOO NOT MY WHOLESOME CIANINOS! NOT MY CHUNGUS DEEP STATERINOS!
How about you go fellate a nearest cop, mr redpilled?
>>
>>3466473
Fallout 2 had to be one of first games to give player option of gay marriage.
>>
>>3466496
I liked that her son was a rowdy drunk you can beat to death with no repercussions
What was he, 60 years old at that point
Maybe he was garl's rape baby
>>
Say what you will, it was still based as fuck for them to ca out Tom Cruise and Scientology before Scientology was even a thing worth meme'ing about.
>>
>>3466473
thats tan you cretin
>>
>>3466473
People didn’t care about woke until 2014 when the brainrot set it (i.e. (((some people))) with massive holds on all forms of media found it more convenient to have the 99% obsessed with woke/anti-woke rather than looking upwards at the 1% and wondering why they’re there).
>>
>>3466556
probably
he kept whores
>>
>>3466473
Fallot 2 is reddit, F1 is pure art beyond all criticism.
>>
>>3466721
Kys
>>
>>3466721
>People didn’t care about woke until 2014
>t. 26 years old
>>
its actually pretty based in that it shows if you put a liberal brown woman in charge as a president. She immediately implements a feminist fascist state and forces harmful liberal policy on the citizens.
>>
>>3466925
“And here’s why that’s a good thing”
>>
>>3466933
it didn't come off that way it comes off as someone subtly satirising liberal feminist politics and dictatorships in general
>put some retard in charge they immediately order society based on their stupid opinions eg i hate men.
>>
>>3466473
2 is fucking prostitutes every 10 minutes
>>
>>3467022
>>
>>3466721
Yes they did, back then they were just referred to as SJWs
>>
>>3466473
>and yet nobody calls them out for it.
Because Fallout fans are completely delusional human beings.
>>
>>3466476
written by Josh Soiier
>>3466484
Yup. And if you point out about how every single antagonist is just a characture of political idealogues the devs don't like then they get defensive lol.
>>
>>3466516
you should consider taking a bath with a toaster in the morning for writing the most cringe inducing sentiment I have had the utter misfortune of reading. Do you lack any functioning sense of dignity or do you just choose to be a walking embarrassment?
>>
>>3466805
>t. 12 years old
>>
>>3466473
>waaah, muh wokism
I remember when people actually played games instead of fishing for political points.
>>
>>3467311
>waaah, muh response
I remember when developers actually made games instead of fishing for political points.
>>
Shady Sands was a friendly multicultural utopia with no crime and Junktown was full of asshole white people living in their own garbage. People weren't "redpilled" so they didn't notice.
>>
>>3467328
You're talking about a game that's over 25 years old.
>>
>>3466473
The woke you hate is performative wokeness, which includes deliberately going out of your way to advertise minority presence, racebending, and (ironically) racist depictions that hold minorities to higher standards of performance, conduct, and so on.
>>
>>3466925
Sure bro. It was totally ironic. The 7 INT 9 CHA woman who led the most powerful state of the west coast and who, years after her death, is still remembered a great ruler, unlike the current white guy, whose state is just failing because her opponents, the barons, started to get more powerful. It was actually meant to make her look bad. Mhmm.
>>
>>3466925
Source on her being a libtard?
>>
>>3467526
So, it's a matter of degree for you? Universities existed even then, anon. Believe it or not. Contemporary society is stagnant as fucked and there are virtually no new ideas.
>>
>>3466473
its death valley anon, its 100 degrees in the shade. People tend to get tans.
>>
>>3469584
she's at least half indian, anon, her dad is named aradesh. wonder if he coined the name brahmin?
>>
>>3467028
What does MCA stand for anyway? Mega Cuck Avellone?
>>
>>3469587
I think originally it was suppose to be tibetian
>>
>>3467090
I'm not the one simping for glowniggers.
>>
>>3467090
The only sentiment in his post was that it's embarrassing to suck off your government.
Which is true.
>>
>>3467328
>plays a narrative heavy game
>is shocked when it commentates on political issues of the time it came out in
Alternatively
>plays speculative fiction / SF game
>is shocked when it does what every piece of speculative fiction / SF ever made has done
If you want a game without politics, go play Super Mario. You chose to play a science fiction game that is mostly reading conversations between people are the social climate of a wasteland and the failures of society leading to it.
>>
File: 1538805276648.jpg (57 KB, 960x710)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>3466473
this is falseflag-thread made by some Leftypol-subhuman.
>>
File: GJ2avk7WkAAonaR.jpg (53 KB, 462x680)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3469877
>a bloo bloo bloo THING was always political
>>
>>3467087
>muh Sawyer
Lmao, you are so mindbroken by the hipster man that you attribute games to him that he had nothing to do with. Lemme guess, the lesbian romance in KOTOR 1 is also written by sawyer?
>>
>>3466496
I am actually impressed by the sheer niche-ness of your love of Tanned Tomboy Tandi and I gotta say I kinda get it. Damn shame I had to start with 3 like so many poor unfortunate souls that were born into console peasentry
>>
>>3469896
Basically all "muh forced agenda" games are LESS political than Fallout "US president has a cum-mouthed hot secretary" 2. What you call "le forced agenda" is literally just games representing their (AMERICAN!) audiance.
>>
>>3469896
>twitter filename
>>
Why didn't the vault dweller just stay in Shady Sands and impregnate Tandi again and again
>>
File: Screenshot (21386).png (1.13 MB, 1252x971)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
>>3470138
Because she got KHANED
>>3466473
A woman gaining an important position out of nepotism only to set the stage for things to go spiraling downwards is peak realism.
>>
>>3469877
So what's wrong with responding to it? Can't have it both ways.
>>
>>3470154
>only to set the stage for things to go spiraling downwards
Shady Sands turned from a shitbrick village where they didn't even knew about crop rotation to THE power in the region.
>>
>>3466721
the obsession with woke is indeed mental illness. Tandi is simply tanned lol. Being gay bipoc or or antigay bipoc is bread and circuses for late millinials, zoomers and alphas like how sports teams were for older generations.
>>
>>3470563
>Tandi is simply tanned
Did you not meet her father?
>>
File: GLzDqP7WEAABugy.png (127 KB, 659x857)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>3470154
After having two male messiahs save her, destroy her main geopolitical threats and getting handed tech from vault city et al. Even then what she ended up with is a banana republic bereft of its rulling dynasty when she up and died.
>>
>>3470579
>>3470511
Meant to reply to this
>>
>>3470564
I registered tandi as being white girl with a tan as a kid. Her dad a cartoon character. See nobody gave this much fuck to race in the past. Jews really did a number on late millinials and zoomer autist brains with the obsession with it.\

Yes black people were in original fallout 1 2 also nobody chimped out it zwoke omg! by rather just flavor to the north american setting the game takes place in.
>>
>>3470584
Well, you're dumb as the woke Califags who made Fallout. How does Aradesh have an 'Indian accent', by Tony Shaloub, when he's from a Vault that would've bred into each other long ago and speak English exclusively? I know you were a kid in the 90s, but believe it or not, race and "representation" has been a point of division for quite a while. Your narrative is simply from ignorance, none of this shit is new, it's just spread.
>>
>>3470587
>How does Aradesh have an 'Indian accent', by Tony Shaloub, when he's from a Vault that would've bred into each other long ago and speak English exclusively?
Are you arguing that he does not, or are you arguing that he should not?
>>
>>3470629
Second gens and beyond normally speak perfect American English. Fallout devs wanted to emphasize how extremely multicultural Vault 15 was that Aradesh's accent was just how a group of those people still spoke English (but Tandi did not).
>>
it's completely nonsensical that this small and close knit ethnically homogenous religious farming community went off to establish a burgeoning democratic republic in the span of only one hundred years.
>>
>>3470587
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just something he does for fun when outsiders come to talk to him. There would be fuck all to do for fun in sandy. Probably seen indians talk that way in a old holovid from vault 15 when he was young and thought it was hilarious.

So he puts on the funny accent to laugh about the strange looks outsiders give him when they hear him speak. Then whenever you are out of earshot, he goes back to his normal voice while Tandy complains "DaaAaad, why do you have to talk like that when we have guests? it's so embarrassing!"
>>
>>3466473
The NCR in itself is a completely nonsensical entity given the societal and environmental conditions of Fallout 1 and after. The Old World democracies were rife with corruption, mismanagement of resources, being represented by representatives that didn't represent the people's wishes, and divisiveness in the timeline of the games themselves, not even to mention how it all ended with the hubris of leaders launching nukes. Republics only become appealing entities when monarchies become oppressive and untenable (Rome was ruled by foreign Etruscan Kings and the taxations imposed by the British Monarchy on the 13 Colonies threatened their established existence given their hyper reliance on trade.) If anything, what the Wasteland is in desperate need of is some form of stability and order, not "representation" in an established order that isn't there. You'd expect warlords to form kingdoms and empires and it's ludicrous that a backwater getting stung by giant scorpions that is completely isolated from the rest of the world and doesn't interact with it would become some hyper egalitarian republic with electoral systems and bureaucracy. The NCR is nothing more than a writer's self-insert of their own political obsessions.
>>
>>3475382
>You'd expect warlords to form kingdoms and empires and it's ludicrous that a backwater getting stung by giant scorpions that is completely isolated from the rest of the world and doesn't interact with it would become some hyper egalitarian republic with electoral systems and bureaucracy.
this is cliche garbage and i'm glad fallout didn't go this route. society still has all sorts of cultural and intellectual legacy from before the bombs fell, it's not literally a return to ancient sumer. caesar's legion is the only tasteful implementation of this sort of thing that i've seen, where the leader is quite explicitly trying to cut off from pre-war legacies
>>
>>3469896
If Black Isle's Fallouts is not an example of "proper use" of political themes over pushing an agenda to you, I'ld sure love to hear what are examples of the former.
Because it mostly sounds like you're muh wing natural, teh wing agenda with this nonsense.
>>
>>3475409
more like
>muh wing not in any video game ever funded by big business
>teh wing pushed by billions of fiat papers
>>
>>3475382
Damn, you like read whole spangler's wikipedia page. You really are the aristocrat of the soul.
>>
File: Orthostyg.png (21 KB, 600x419)
21 KB
21 KB PNG
>>3467087
>written by Josh Soiier
Come home white man.
>>
File: 1590619747-0.jpg (93 KB, 1024x1009)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>3475409
>>3469906
Are you two ESLs or just too dumb to read?
>>
>>3475388
>caesar's legion is the only tasteful implementation of this sort of thing that i've seen
More like the cucked over-intellectualized version. This sort of cancerous teleological thinking is at the core root of modernity.
>>
>>3476419
>is at the core root of modernity.
*which makes no sense after a total societal collapse

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.