[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: landless.jpg (92 KB, 616x353)
92 KB
92 KB JPG
hopes? dream? if they pull it off it could be one of the defining features of 3
they're gonna mess it up aren't they?
>>
>>1719023
of course they are, it will be half baked and broken
>>
>click on map
>get spammed by the same 10 whacky travel events
>accumulate landowning mana for 20 years until it lets you spend it and become a count
bravo
>>
>>1719077
Well, what would you want? No meme answers
>>
>>1719023
whenever i think of ck3 i just become tired. it's just an empty game with broken mechanics and the slowest development out of any paradox game.
why would i wait for any of this when i can just play ck2 and have fun?
>>
File: file.png (55 KB, 830x275)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
>>1719023
they are just gonna drop that whole kingdom management thing and embrace sims medieval
i would be lying if i said im not interested but this is a worrying direction
>>
>>1719078
I don't want a landless dlc at all. The scope of landless gameplay is way too wide to be implemented in a single DLC in a satisfying way. It's like when they wanted to introduce internal mechanics into eu4 with the estates in one DLC and of course it turned out to be shallow slop. If they wanted landless gameplay they should have designed the entire core game around simulating the lives of minor nobles. Now that they have missed that they should focus on things that can actually be improved by dlc.
>>
>>1719078
>Personally go on artifact adventures like Indiana Jones
>Be any of the court positions and have events tied to them.(Comfy farming sim court gardener in Baghdad, stealth visual novel gameplay as a court assassin)
>Be a mercenary captain. Become landed after supporting a country repeatedly like Griffith.
>Become a socialite in different courts trying to secure land diplomatically like that one Swedish queen
>Join the church. Go on missions to convert heathen kings. Become a university lecturer. Work your way up and become the pope. Start a Crusade and give the land to your heir.
>Be a merchant exploring the map while making money. Become Marco Polo. (sounds like this is what the DLC will be).

These are ideas I had at the top of my head. The scope is limitless. The execution will probably be bare bones. I hope the mod framework will be good.
>>
>>1719083
Should've just made a fucking Crusader Kings MMORPG.
>>
>>1719086
>eu4 with the estates in one DLC and of course it turned out to be shallow slop
Except the reason was the very fucking design philosophy of both EU4 and its DLCs, so it's hardly a surprise that DLC features are shit

Other than that, agreed on everything else
>>
>>1719124
>I hope the mod framework will be good.
This is literally all my hope for the DLC. I don't care about official contnet, it's going to be the same barren 5 looped events. But if the framework is going to be solid, then we are up for some serious modding
>>
I have a hard time imagining what landless gameplay would actually look like in practice. It will just be event text box spam, right?
>>
>>1719284
>I have a hard time imagining what landless gameplay would actually look like in practice. It will just be event text box spam, right?
You will have ck2 republics style estate(in superposition between void and your ui) and ability to be hired in that useless list of jobs(physician, bodyguard etc) for meager wage
And obviously text spam simulator as traveler/adventurer
Maybe if we are lucky you'll be able to manage mercs without controlling them on field (because they sure as hell won't change op/shitty mercs in this dlc)
>>
>DTR is probably dead forever
>Sinews of war is definitely dead forever
Is there anything else out there? Vanilla seems so shallow.
>>
>>1719078
Ability to murder rob and cuck everything and anyone
>>
>>1719023
I wonder how will succession look like for unladen characters. For this reason I think they won't allow to play complete nobodies instead focus on unlanded titles. Maybe based on claims.
>>
I'm excited for Byzantine mechanics. Apparently they have their own unique way to upgrade their landless holding and I'm wondering how it will work. Will my house share it? If I fill the empire with my dynasty will we just get huge bonuses from max upgraded manors?
>>
>>1719083
Sounds like the private manor from CK2's merchant republic. Might be cool. Except that one gave free troops, levies and stats. nvm
>>
>>1719023
My concern is that the whole "landless" period will be very unsubstantial, and just serve as a long prologue before you become a random count and suddenly you are just playing CK3 as usual.

I am one of those that dreamed about playing as a landless adventurer in the past, and let's be honest, on paper it really sounds cool. Yet in practice the game and everything in it is built around the idea of being a landowning ruler, and nothing short of a complete rework of government and provinces would make landless play a full viable alternative instead of just a temporal diversion before you are yet again map-painting.

That said, I hope (with flimsy hopes, yet they still linger) that I may be wrong.
>>
>>1719023
>that will be 30 dollars, goy
>>
>>1719657
Why would it be viable long term? Did a lot of houses become great without acquiring land?
>>
>>1719023
yes but we should start going a little easier on them for trying this for us. they're panicking and i feel bad.
>>
>>1719784
>they're panicking
They could have just made a game with more depth than CK2 instead of releasing something that's much more shallow.
>>
>>1719083
>even through the generations
i wonder if you could marry your kids still and do that whole eugenics thing
>>
File: SCREAMING.png (1.69 MB, 1534x1222)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB PNG
>>1719867
releasing something shallow was and is the point. depth is alienating to normies.
>>
>>1719784
cuck
>>
>>1720313
this really bamboozles my brain. ck3 is already the easiest paradox game by far. how can they make it less intimidating? will the game start and end with a single pop up saying that "you did it. you are the crusader king!"?
>>
>>1719284
Imagine if instead of needing to be a random single-title Count in the middle of a major empire, you could just have a family estate in actual constantinople or whatever, and then still do all the normal intrigue/diplomacy/dynasty play, building tall, and wheeling and deeling and fucking around as a vassal, but without needing to also manage your one shitty little county and lose the game if it gets conquered.

That's the appeal. Being able to go whole hog on traveling around and fucking/fighting/killing/kidnapping people and such, leading armies as a mercenary, etc, without single-province-count being the lowest level of rulership.
>>
>>1719784
Bro they are charging $30 for a shitty mod that was free in CK2, albeit really shit and glitchy in CK2.
If they had run the game better, the modding scene in CK3 wouldn't be fucking dead and this content would be freely available.
How much more slack can you even give them? They put fucking dynasty icons into their own DLC. They sold ebooks as DLC. There is literally not an element of their games that they have failed to monetize.
>>1720313
It's not even about shallow, retard. They nakedly stripped key gameplay mechanics from CK2, like wards, and put them behind a paywall.
It's as bad as when they put lend-lease behind a paywall. Shitty, basic, essential game mechanics are kept out of base game in order to profiteer.
If the game was at least extremely approachable, that would be good enough. The fact is that CK3 is just as much of a fucking disaster as CK2. CK1 is ironically still the simplest game in the franchise.
>>
>>1719778
I expect that a "central noble" playthrough will be plenty viable. Being a wealthy landowner with political capital and influence in Rome or Constantiniple will make you more powerful than some provincial ruler with a single county in the boonies. That's how things were in imperial china and some parts of japanese history
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_of_territory_in_dynastic_China
>>
>>1720388
Doesn't Stellaris have buttons to automate literally every task you will ever need to do?
>>
I am convinced CK3 development team is led by a retard who didn't understand the appeal of GSG in the first place. Most of update only added distraction to the map, the main feature of a GSG. The one good original/not CK2 rehash update they did was to implement traveling aka improved interactivity to the map.
>>
>>1720399
Agreed, and they do deserve credit that traveling is very sick and adds a lot to the game.
Maybe people hated on Conclave too much when that came out and now PDX is afraid to release DLCs that don't explicitly add flavor for at least one region.
>>
>>1720403
I really hate tourney even more than the useless throne room. You spend months of in game time distracted by a fucking event chains in a basically shittier throne room. That shit is just the shining example of everything that's wrong with CK3 gameplay design.
>>
>>1720417
I hated the popup spam from events too but honestly thought it was just me lol. Still pretty cool going on an actual pilgrimage though.
>>
>>1720417
Yeah, it's fun the first few times but wish there was an option to have it just happening in the background.
>>
>>1720399
Probably more like it's development by committee, and that committee has a lot diversity hires with pretentions of making the game appeal to sims players and without the ability to properly realise even that.
>>
>>1720323
i mean i stopped playing this title
>>1719867
yeah this one was over for me a long time ago but i still have a little faith left in paradox in general. maybe i'll check out ck4 or this if they do a massive overhaul.
>>1720395
alright maybe it's pretty bad but they just released like several failed games in the last few years but i still like victoria 3 and don't want them to go bankrupt
>>
>>1720398
no only planet management because doing it in the late game is hell
>>
File: chadpost.png (52 KB, 900x139)
52 KB
52 KB PNG
>>1720313
hehe so true
>>
File: 12679656005.png (35 KB, 764x150)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>1719023
bros ck3 is a disaster and nobody plays it
>>
>>1721355
it stole those players from CK2
>>
>>1719023
>>1719077
>>1719078
>>1719124
Maybe it's time that Paradox fully embrace the RPG genre and turn CK3 in a M&B: Bannerlord-Kenshi-map painting simulator.
>>
honest question. if someone made a HIP like mod for ck3 would it actually be better? or are the problems something that mods cant fix?
>>
>>1721414
Would it be better? Yes. Would it be fixed? No. There are way too many core mechanics that are just straight up bad for it to be fixed with mods.
>>
>>1720313
I honestly don't know how people find this game confusing. You really have to have 2 IQ. The only initially confusing thing may be succession. But that's about it.
>>
>>1721489
You need to understand that most people don't play video games beyond something on their phones. From the people playing more involved video games most are also playing sports, FPS, 3PS games or adventure style games. Paradox style strategy games are very obscure if you account for all types if video games. Every popular genre generally also has a more generational introduction style. Older siblings or family members introducing the game to a younger member just by watching them play or even teaching them the basics. A young kid isn't going to watch their cousin stare at a map for 6 hours a day. Basic literacy and understanding is needed to enjoy/understand what is happening. This makes the entry age for games like this older but it also means it's unfamiliar to the majority of people familiar with video games.

Yeah it's easy to understand after a few hours of playing but unless a person is interested in history they're starting at a huge disadvantage of understanding.
>>
>>1721655
>A young kid isn't going to watch their cousin stare at a map for 6 hours a day
I used to sit behind my dad and watch him play civ3.
>>
>>1721742
civ is mainstream and easier to understand than autist map games
>>
>>1721655
>A young kid isn't going to watch their cousin stare at a map for 6 hours a day.
I watched my dad play starcraft as a kid and started warcraft 3 myself when I was like 12, grand strategies are even more braindead than most rts so I don't really agree. in CK3 it's really not hard to understand "play tribal, host feasts and hunts, conquer neighbors with men at arms"
>>
>>1721655
>Basic literacy and understanding is needed to enjoy/understand what is happening.
The increasing amount of functional illiteracy is probably a big part of why they're dumbing everything down so much.
>>
Why did they make Constantinople the worst county? Sure it starts with high dev but it can get outpaced so fast since it only has one holding.
>>
>>1719023
another shit dlc probably
>>
>>1721655
I didn't have any siblings who played strategy games, yet I have zero problems understanding them
>>
File: 1697280841736409.png (170 KB, 220x298)
170 KB
170 KB PNG
>>1719078
I want to play like this guy
>>
>>1721655
You make some good points. I guess I'm biased because my parents put me on games and Strat games at a young age.
>>
File: basedplebbit.png (600 KB, 1477x1192)
600 KB
600 KB PNG
plebbit being based for once bröthers
>>
if paradox really just wanted to make a rpg game with strategy elements why didn't they copy the KOEI Romance of the three kingdoms games? That type of game in medieval europe would be kino
>>
>>1719023
Is "Died under mysterious circumstances" always mean you're assassinated?
>>
>>1724824
Safe and effective.
>>
>>1724810
paradox fucked up so badly even their dicksuckers aren't happy
>>
When are we getting dev diaries?
>>
I wish we got roads to power first instead of legends of the dead.
>>
>>1724816
Taking some elements of Koei's games that contain a officer play is a great idea imo. I hope RTP dlc will overhaul the lifestyle/perk to be somewhat similar to the RoTK 13 Prestige but I know it's a pipe dream. Lifestyle being closer to your Player Character achievment/life goal instead of their hobbies is a massive improvement.
>>
At this point I wish we could get proper diplomacy in this game. Finding a wife for your heir should not be a "press a button" type of a deal, you need to be able to send people from your court with some gifts to another country in hopes for an alliance and a marriage between your children. You should be able not to just vassalize neighboring counts because you de jure own their title, but also negotiate with some fucker from Norway to offer him protection in exchange for yearly tribute. Even with all the recent additions once you become an emperor the game's over, you just click buttons to make numbers bigger.
>>
>>1725700
The whole problem with paradox games is borderline omniscience on the player's part. Medieval rulers had portraits of prospective suitors delivered to them and relied on hearsay or spies. Few would have any direct contact with these people. So merely obfuscating character profiles would be a great step forward.
>>
>>1725712
That’s absolutely retarded, what ck3 needs is to be a better game, not a more immersive medieval roleplay
>>
File: 245639087.jpg (58 KB, 976x850)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1719023
>do a holy war for a duchy
>win
>give all the conquered counties to one of my sons
>notice I didn't get the actual duchy title
>usurp it and try to give it to the son that holds all its counties
>retarded partition mechanic blocks my path
>randomly assigns the duchy title to be inherited by another son who holds lands on the other side of the country and has nothing to do with said duchy
>get pissed off
>reload, switch over to the duchyless son, cheat in 400 gold, usurp the title for him and switch over back to me
The game is fucking unplayable without primogeniture. This is the last time I played anything over than Byzantium.
>>
>>1725700
>you need to be able to send people from your court with some gifts to another country
Last thing this retarded sims gsg mod needs is another useless event/textspam generator
>>
>>1719023
My take is that they're doing landless characters as a prelude to nomads, because it will work better for migrations if they have a system in place to allow landless tribal movements.
>>
>>1726326
Skill issue
Remember, you’re not allowed to complain about a game if you suck at it.
>>
>>1726648
How is it a skill issue if I have no say in how the game handles inheritance? Let me give the fucking title to its owner for fucks sake.
>>
>>1720394
>holy fuck, I love getting the same ten events over and over!
>>
>>1726326
>reload, switch over to the duchyless son, cheat in 400 gold, usurp the title for him and switch over back to me

Last time I played this game I had to

>close - enable debuge mode - restart - cheat - close - disable debuge - restart

Atleast three different times to fix bugs and general retardation. Like that time my 3yo son and heir was living alone at the other end of europe with some random rulers. I could not invite him back normally, because he was too far away to interact His mother had lost her foreign holdings and getting expelled randomly spread her and our children over the map.
>>
>>1720394
>your wife farts on her lover and it stinks the villa!
>leave (+4000 stress)
>fart as well (fart lover +10 opinion)
>>
>>1726648
A reasonable game would let you assign lands your sons inherit before your death. Something like:
>okay you've got 8 titles and 2 sons, you have to assign 2 titles your second son would inherit once you die
But no, the game just chooses them randomly for you. They also keep changing literally every time you look at the succession tab.
I guess we'd need another $30 DLC for a basic feature like that.
>>
>/pol/ losing influence
You love to see it
>>
>>1727068
???
>>
>>1727068
antisemitism is at an all-time high, even normies are openly engaging in it
you lost
>>
File: 1696359017940644.gif (2.74 MB, 397x295)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB GIF
>>1720313
For fuck sake. The community wants more complexity and paradox go around and dumb it down even more. Ck3 will never be good.
>>
>>1727099
>The community wants more complexity
The community of cynical pirates on 4chan want more complexity, the community of Redditors who buy the games and dlc want less complexity and more memes.
>>
>>1727099
The community doesn't know what it wants.
>>
>>1727118
>le 4chan pirate maymay
plebbitors probably pirate 10% of the time, and 4chan probably pirates 20%, it's overstated how much 4chan pirates.
>>
>>1727099
CK3 will never have any complexity, it is MADE to be the dumbed down game.
At this point, you'd just need a completely different game set in the same time period. No CK4, just start with a clean slate because whatever CK2 was supposed to be didn't work out and CK3 went the entirely wrong direction.
>>
>>1726995
I'm still waiting for a proper succession update. Public wills, secret wills, duels and wars being fought over disputes. The one thing that we might get with the landless update is the ability for landless potential heirs to wage war for what they believe is rightfully theirs.
>>
>>1727579
it's funny how the "pet projects" of the Black Forge Jam included Death and Succession Dynamics like it was something they hadn't thought about updating
>making the death and succession process more interesting and giving players more choice in who they continue as, addressing scenarios where a player’s favorite character is not their heir.
>>
>>1725712
There is a mod for this. It's pretty tedious.
>>
>>1727095
Feel like the current antisemitism is coming from the other side, not pol.
>>
>>1727669
>literally the focal mechanic in the game is relegated to a side project of one dev.
>>
>>1719023
>Just want to have a comfy angevin kings game
>Capets always fucking die and France explodes
Aquitaine should just be de jure France ffs.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/1c3jmwm/legends_of_the_dead_is_a_failure_plagues_are/
>>
I went back to playing civ6 after playing ck3 for a while and while they really aren't the same type of game it's crazy how much more cohesive civ6 feels. All the features flow together really nicely while with ck3 so many of the features feel stapled on and overall janky. And civ6 only had 3 big dlcs so it's not like paradox had less time to develop.

Also the price points are much more forgiving, I was able to get civ5 on Christmas with all the dlcs for $12.50 and it was probably the best video game purchase I ever made. I've never seen ck2 with all the dlcs drop below $200.
>>
>>1728554
It's mostly because of the direction involved with the game development imo. Paradox never has a clear vision in making their game and it only got worse nowadays. Just look at Stellaris they change the entire gameplay like three time.
>>
>>1719023
>hopes?
nah not anymore
>>
>>1727068
>destroying your game franchise to own le chuds
>>
How do I deal with legitimacy without the DLC?
>>
>>1727579
Great ideas honestly. I was thinking today how nice it would be if marrying off a son to a landed woman would remove them from wanting a piece of the succession. Outright or at least add weight to their decisions on how much they want themselves. Also the ability to give them something nice as an alternative to land. Weapons, armour and a horse before sending them off as an unlanded knight. The parting gifts could scale with your rank. So a counts extra sons might be happy with chainmail and a horse while a kings son would want a small retinue of soldiers to leave alongside them. Personality traits should also influence what a son wants in regards to succession. Greedy characters might be happy with gold and humble characters might just be happy with a county or no land at all. I also want sons to push for early inheritance as well. Something similar to Henry II of Englands sons trying to force the issue.

Sometimes I feel like this game is so close to being great. Obviously paradox will never do something like this so I just hope for mods.
>>
So I played CK3 a bunch and have become bored of reading the same things over and over again. What are some good mods to spice things up right now? I do know that there's more to do in the middle east but frankly I am not interested in any place other than Europe.

P.S.- tried the GoT mod, didn't "click" for me in CK2 nor in CK3.
>>
>>1729618
Fallen eagle and Elder kings 2
There were mod about diadochi states but it seems to be dead now
I tried "after the end" but it was really barebones compared to ck2 one then, not sure about now
>>
>>1719023
>spoiler
is there any doubt?
>>
>expose pope as a homo because im tired of his shit
>nothing happens to him at all
>eventually get excommunicated because he hates me
I HATE IT HERE
>>
>>1730798
Yeah that sounds right. Why would something bad happen to him just for being gay? But it makes sense you were excommunicated because you were being evil (homophobic).
>>
>>1730798
To be fair that sounds like something a real pope would do.
>>
>>1729618
Have you tried VIET?
>>
>>1719080
>whenever i think of ck3 i just become tired. it's just an empty game with broken mechanics and the slowest development
this but also bannerlord
>>
>>1729348
>Also the ability to give them something nice as an alternative to land. Weapons, armour and a horse before sending them off as an unlanded knight
nothing is an alternative to land.
no sane medieval man would ever accept this.
>>
>>1730798
His vassals lowered their opinions of him. Maybe you could have used it to recruit them in a plot against him
>>
>>1724824
Yes
Always murder you rivals first
Or you can befriend them i guess and hope they will forgive you, whichever is easier
>>
>>1731175
Nope, and I don't think I can until someone uploads it on skymods.
>>
>>1719023
I don't have a wishlist for landless content, I'll just let how its executed be a surprise. I just want to see how they rework the boredom out of a Byzantine playthrough.
>>
I feel like being able to just raise your entire army literally anywhere makes the game too easy. What's that? You've got a massive empire spanning the entire Mediterranean, your capital is in Rome, and you're being invaded in Britain? No worries, just spawn your entire army right where the enemy is. Maybe raise embark costs too, naval invasions should be expensive.
>>
>>1732964
>Maybe raise embark costs too, naval invasions should be expensive.
i cannot get over the game not having ships.
the 4th crusade was a failure BECAUSE OF SHIPS
>>
>>1732968
They should definitely at least cost more. Invading Britain with 10000 men? Just 100 gold lmao. Have cultural embark discounts (if they don't already) for the Norse but otherwise things should be expensive if you're going over water. Should take more time too. William of Normandy took almost 2 months to naval invade England because of the weather.
>>
>>1732964
It's definitely retarded especially when mercenaries can just spawn anywhere at any time. I mean shit at least force them to spawn at their headquarters.
>>
>>1732968
Eh, the ship mechanic of CKII was too cumbersome. I feel that its one of the places I actually prefer CKIII
>>
>>1725192
June or July maybe.
>>
>>1720313
But CK3 is already so easy. I play this game near blackout drunk and still manage to conquer my way through Europe.
>>
>>1720313
I'm pretty sure they are talking about their DLC/content structure being intimidating, not the game.
>>
The only reason I'm still playing CK3 is the Vampire the Masquerade mod
All the official DLC have been shit and I have no hope left anymore
>>
>>1734379
I always tell myself I'm going to try new content and then just play Mummy again
>>
For everyone else who started a new campaign with a stable big ass modlist and doesn't want to lose it to updates:

>>100125421
Ok so here's my current (not easy) solution for paradox games anyhow:
>crack game (I ran cream api to unlock dlc, so that was my crack) [check cs rin ru]
>dl Irony Mod Manager, merge your modset to a new local megamod, apply megamod to game
>tell steam to only update game when launched
>only launch game through crack exe from now on, use beta shit to rollback if you accidentally update at some point

workshop is the worst thing to ever happen to modding
>>
CK2 mogs this trash game and Rise To Power mod probably mogs this dlc
>>
>>1721384
I don't want the map and the "map data" to be more watered down. It's because all of those wars and conflicts that are happening everywhere, that me playing a bumfuck count in the middle of Spain, that could possibly already be a duke, but is liked by everyone around him, including the three Spanish kings (more interested in fighting in wars between french duchies), and the Umayyad sultan (who had a dude with two Duchies rebelling, but just let him go, and other than that is the undisputed strongest and stablest power in Iberia) and instead is busy on diligently making his piece of shit land, the best piece of land in all of Iberia, as well as having feasts with his friends and neighbouring nobles feels so fun.
Well, that and making the exiled "prince" of Brittany convert to Adoptionism, letting him marry my second daughter (they had similiar personality traits, that's how I pick arranged marriages), and winning the Brittany for him twice to have an adoptionist Brittany sit there and spite England and France (first war was getting him Brittany, which was easy, the second came immedietaly after the first: fortunately or intentionally before my troops and mercs moved back(I dawdled and with good reason), where he revoked a vassal, having the whole country but the capital rise against him, because the throne of brittany was just that weak, after which the AI went almost NK mode, but Brittany was super strong from then on.)
None of that was a prescripted adventure, except the monk that messed around around my court getting either boastful or humbled, half the reason I converted was because I was attached to the bastard, but the other half was because he was the oldest character in my court and I wanted to see how long he would live (He proceeded to outlive my count, who became Duke of "Africa"(tunis), because he wanted to help his Sultan friend and helped one of the families vying for the Byzantine throne get it after converting one of the princesses)
>>
>>1736753
tldr
>>
File: 1697622380033704.jpg (174 KB, 1413x743)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>1732580
>I'll just let how its executed be a surprise
>surprise
It's going to be overpriced and barely have any content.
>>
>>1738988
Why is it negative? I thought the content was fine.
>>
>>1740246
Probably because the dlc is super overpriced.
>>
>>1736999
Just e rambling about my last playthrough.
tldr: small choices are more fun, when you can compare to the world around you, and see how being an angel, or a fuck to your neighbour, reverberates through the world in small waves, possibly tipping things over somewhere else
>>
>>1740246
Legends are just forced roleplay and stat bonuses for gold. Poorly implemented as well. They should have just reworked bloodlines but made the bonuses similar to genetic bonuses you see in mods like the LoTR one or elf destiny. Complete a bloodline, your ruler gets an inheritiable trait/bloodline as the founder, his descendants get a lesser tier of that bonus dependent on their traits/prestige/piety/culture/religion etc. A character with a less powerful tier of a bloodline can potentially increase that level at the cost of some mana associated with whatever founded the bloodline. Something like how EK2 allows you to use magic to increase how long-lived you can be as an elf.
>>
>>1741389
Hereditary superiority is problematic in the current year chud. Shouldn't be in the game more than it already is
>>
>>1740246
Having been playing it a fair bit recently, it's because the content sucks. Legends are powerful, but they feel very artificial and suck from a fluff perspective. They're also a solution to a problem they just added with legitimacy.

And plagues... fuck plagues. You can barely go 5 seconds without a fucking popup related to another fucking plague spawning. And they're the same fucking popups. New plague, lose legitimacy. Call the physician, lose money. Dice roll, whoops he fucked it up, more plague. You're sick now, popup. Wife is sick, popup. Children are sick, popup. More popups for random plague events. Oh there go all your vassals dying of smallpox. What's that? Been 12 months already? Time for another plague then. It's fucking miserable to play.
>>
>>1741424
How do you think they should fix plagues? Share some ideas, modders do lurk here.
>>
>>1741424
Get this mod and set plagues to very rare.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=3205172555
>>
>>1741452
It's really just frequency. The worst part is you get all these popups and you can't really do anything, it's just endless messages about how much things suck. Realistic. Yes. Fun? No.

Automation tools wouldn't go astray either. I mean fuck they don't even have build queues in this game. But then the fact your kids are dying would get lost in the million other pointless messages the game dumps on you.

>>1741655
Yeah that looks good. I like doing achievement runs because it gives you a goal, but fucking hell.
>>
>>1741666
Also I recommend this mod so you get better fps. The table graphics they added in 1.12 lag the game.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3226749909
>>
>>1741452
Plagues should be far less frequent but hit like a truck when they do turn up. It's less realistic but I think it'd be better for gameplay to have something more impactful that happens less often than something irritating that happens constantly. As it is, they're just as annoying as they were in CK2, maybe even more so. To the point where I'm tempted to turn them off entirely.
>>
File: image_13.png (3.72 MB, 1999x859)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB PNG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/dev-diary-147-some-words-from-our-game-director.1673686/#post-29594041
>>
File: 147lotd feedback.jpg (3.9 MB, 3840x3414)
3.9 MB
3.9 MB JPG
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/dev-diary-147-some-words-from-our-game-director.1673686/
1.12.5 update coming on May 8th (next Wednesday)
Plagues
>Event spam reduced (Alms) and events reduced to your domain and a distance from your capital
>Fewer plagues overall (30-50% total), but more major/apocalyptic rather than the spam of minor plagues (specifically reduced by 20%)
>Made plagues not override previous epidemic cool downs
>AI is more likely to isolate/seclude from plagues
>Plague resistance is by barony instead of county wide
Legends
>Improved color palette
>Relative inaction based on varying opinion
Balancing
>Doing balance passes on Prestige debt and unused Cultural Traditions
>"Ripping out and replacing" much of the Royal Court event pool
>Every 3 weeks is a bugfixing week
>Message settings
>Conqueror AIs will added for more aggressive AI personalities, with optional buffs
>Historical events for Rags to Riches bookmark characters
>About 66% less hunting activities, and the AI will consider the plague when attending activities
Road to Power previews
>will focus more on paid than free features
>Can choose to inherit as a new dynasty/character rather than heir
>1178 Start Date
>Estate building window
>>
>>1744241
I like all the changes honestly
The legends are still crap but I'm looking forward to seeing more about Roads to Power
>>
>>1744241
looks good
>>
>>1744241
>Truth be told though, I think the problem with Legends lies less in the feature itself and more in how we communicated them in Dev Diaries and similar - we weren’t clear enough what they were going to be.
Translation: Legends suck, we tricked you into thinking they won't but I promise we won't trick you next time (*wink-wink*) but we're not going to anything about Legends now. I also like the part where he tries to give some feeble excuse for why Legends are better than CK2 Bloodlines (something about being more "true to life", whatever that means, pointless busywork and dying on a shitter is also true to life, why don't you add more of that next).
>>
>>1744629
kek, I saw that line and thought the exact same thing
I could feel his slight seethe as well mentioning that he was also the designer of the bloodlines from CK2

Honestly Legends could be goo, to me it felt like it was built the wrong way around
They should start from something "epic" (something fun and memorable to the player, winning a huge battle / Legendary hunt / Killing someone during an activity), these can then form into legends that are built based on what the player actually does/did.
Much more fun building a legend that way, where your characters actions get embellished and become "legendary".

Right now it feels like you just slam some gold down on the table and tell some ghost-writer to write a book about you and get it sold across your domain.

At least the feature is super easy to ignore, and diseases are actually nice as a game mechanic.
I am looking forward to the AI conquerers (aka cheaters) as well, great way to spice up a game by giving some AI Rulers a boost to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>1744203
I hope there's more than 4 levels and a handful of buildings for estates
>>
>>1744203
>four building chains per estate
>one estate per family
>only house head controls the estate
>probably only one estate per province
>nothing about urbanized or city based family holdings
Grim
>>
>>1744774
It's basically just the patrician mansion from ck2 but I guess we'll see if there's more to it in the future dev diaries
>>
>>1744676
What you are talking about already happens, for example if you complete a legendary hunt you get a seed for a legend that you can then pay to spread
The problem is that they all feel incredibly generic and they have very little variance so after doing it a couple of times you lose all interest in doing them again since the rewards are not even that great
Not to mention the pitiful "monuments" they reward you with when thay have been done 10 times better in ck2 and imperator rome
>>
>>1744775
I really hope there is more to it. A conflict of interests between the urban, centralizing aristocracy and the rural, more independent families at minimum.
>>
>>1744203
>For now Estates are limited to Administrative Noble Families
So no buildings for adventurers?
Does that means we are left with just text spam?
>>
>>1719657
>You will travel a lot, and accumulate resources to improve your standing. It won’t be easy to gain land depending on the goals you set for yourself - gaining a small plot of land will naturally not be as difficult as doing something epic like invading a kingdom
Yeah it's just temporary bump until you buy/receive/invade county or whole kingdom
>>
>>1744774
>four building chains per estate
I think there is a fifth building, but it is obscured by the storehouse menu
>>
>>1719086
New mechanics are doomed to be half-baked and every mechanic they try to improve with DLC has already been done better by mods. CK3 will never be good and people would be better off forgetting about the game and doing something else with their time.
>>
>still not touching warfare
>adding cheat traits instead of trying to improve the AI
>add billions of modifiers and mechanics that bloat the game
Disappointing. I was most excited to play landless but I'm sure they're going to fuck it up.
>>
>>1745136
nigga they haven't even posted the first diary of the update yet just a preview with 1 image how can you already be dissapointed
>>
>>1744988
I dropped ck3 a month after release and haven’t touched it. I don’t think I’m missing much
>>
>>1726648
Paradrones actually believe this btw
>>
File: IMG_0302.png (272 KB, 512x512)
272 KB
272 KB PNG
>>1740246
>I thought the content was fine
>>
>>1744203
I hope they're making the framework for having this connected to a province, or a location in-game.
By this I mean a window with variables, that can be targeted with events, have upgrades and can be visited.
Because if so, even when there's only one type of noble estate, I'm gonna install enough mods to have a tavern, whorehouse and tax office on every street corner

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.