[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone played this before? Opinion are mixed but price tag on steam is tempting (-90%) i need some new RTS to play
>>
>Clone Company of Heroes
>Hmmmm how do we differentiate our game from CoH
>I know let's add mechs!
>Mechs act exactly like tanks in CoH
Dogshit game. Zero reason to play it over CoH. Trash campaign, too.
>>
>>1727910
FPBP and all that.
As a consequence despite being a "mech" game the main focus still remains on the infantry.
>>
>>1727910
>>1727918
I never played company of heroes tho
Will i like it or should i return it
>>
>>1727919
why in the fuck do you buy games before trying them, pirate them and if you can support them by buying, simple as.
>>
>>1727910
They're actually worse then the tanks in CoH. For some reason they're just not usable in general.
>>
>>1727888
It is pretty bad. The exact indie RTS whose only selling point is a setting made up by third worlders thinking everyone will like their patriotic alt history wank as much as they do.
>>
>>1727888
It's garbage and it could be fixed easily with one change, abilities are locked behind experience. Remove this and the game would become good. It's just a arty and infantry spam game in its current form. Blob vs Blob and that's it, you can't use most abilities anyways.
The Tesla campaign faction should be made playable in Multiplayer as well.
>>
>>1727948
I can return them?
>>1727953
But i am Polack and game is one big wank about muh guerilla welfare
Sadly thats not enough to buy me, guess ill give up. Strategy game with shit mechanics is just frustrating
>>
>>1727963
The game's made in Germany, lmao.
>>
>>1727980
It's true, look it up. It even has stereotypes straight out of Nazi propaganda like that hero cavalry squadron unit that charges at enemies with sabers out. Releasing the game on September 1 was a cheeky move, too.
>>
>>1727982
>>
File: Steroid.jpg (17 KB, 331x360)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
I returned it
WHAT IS IT MR GERMAN
DO YOU WANT A SAUERKRAUT?
FAT PIG SHWABEN
NO SAUERKRAUT FOR YOU TODAY
>>
it's okay to kill some time
>>
>>1727888
They made CoH without the budget, without the experience and without really knowing what makes CoH click. Small things like weightless combat effects and boring tech progression. I mean it's very impressive for what it is, but it being compared so closely to a beloved RTS makes everyone judge it much harder because you could just be playing CoH.
>>
>>1728008
Which CoH should i get 2 or 3? Or 1¿
>>
>>1728044
1 for sp content and mods
2 for mp
3 if you hate yourself
>>
File: 1610557836104.jpg (74 KB, 500x500)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>1727982
>entire game only exists as a kraut bantz
>mfw
>>
>>1727888
it's incredibly bad. There are literally 0 reasons to play this game over CoH1 which is an improvement in every single way.
The air units they added are so laughably bad and stupid it's not even worth commenting on, it adds nothing to gameplay. The factions are all nigh identical mirrors with some variations in mech designs, but the game starts to feel incredibly same-y very quick.
Infantry combat is just awful all around. Janky slow unit movement, nonsensical AI decision making, melee is just units punching air forever.
It's a fundamentally badly designed game. At least they added some more maps (the ones that should've been there from day 1)
>>
>>1728044
Probably 2 during one of its sales. That shit goes for cheap. I used to think 1 was the best, but 2 eventually replaced it in my heart. If you just want campaigns though, get 1 anyway, because I remember them being pretty good.
>>
>>1727888
It just doesn't feel good to play. Slow response time, acceleration values, turn rates etc don't belong in RTS.
>>
>>1727910
>>1727918
>>1727950
wouldn't they play more like dow2 mechs tho?
>>
>>1727888
I heard it was just CoH but with no interfaction variety and shittier path finding.
>>
bump
>>
>>1727888
Don't think I made it through the tutorial. Fucking cringe 'le girl powaaa!' trash.
>>
>>1732674
Wö-Men. Men of Wö. You don’t like them. They’re insane. Their idiocy needs to be scrubbed off this world with rubbing alcohol. Wömen need to go back to the fucking kitchen.
>>
>>1727950
>worse then the tanks in CoH
is that even possible
>>
>>1728044
I can't believe people still haven't played coh...
it was given away for free 4 times on steam, the last time it came complete with all DLCs
>>
>>1732715
Simple. Think of how sluggish something like the King Tiger or the ISU-152 could be. Then have something that's a little bit worse. That is your "scout" walker.
>>
>>1728044
There's literally nothing wrong with CoH3 and it's an iterative improvment over all previous entries
>>
>>1728044
coh3 at this point
>>
>>1733613
>There's literally nothing wrong with CoH3
It's very expensive. I like my CoH to be $5. They kinda ruined me with the CoH2 sales that always happen.
>>
>>1733700
True, I hate every game that costs more than $5
>>
>>1727888
I keep offering my free copy to people on this site and nobody takes it. That's proof enough of how shit it is.
>>
>>1733769
Really? I'm sure someone desprate enough in this thread would like to have it.
>>
>>1733771
You are the first person in 2 years to give me a you when I make that kind of post, do you want it?
>>
>>1733772
Shit, I already brought it with the 85% discount. Thanks anyway, have another (you).
>>
>>1733769
Eww. You could try bundling it with something actually worth getting if you want to get rid of it.
>>
>>1733772
i was going to ask for it but saw its on sale for literally 4 dollars so nevermind
>>
>>1728103
t. gook
>>
>>1733769
based
>>
>>1727888
It's painfully average. The campaign is pretty good and the visuals are really nice. The mechs actually look and feel like the crazy hulking beasts they are. But that's also the other issue is that everything moves as a snails pace and there are so many retarded decisions that it makes coh3 look like a master piece. I'd go for it if not to just get the mechs burned in to your brian so you can use them to day dream good mech designs being in a better game.
>>
I remember seeing the concept art and I couldn't wait. Then I saw actual gameplay...
>>
>>1734099
I don't think those are actual concept arts, i think devs just slapped Iron Penis TM on random arts of that plumber suckoff art guy and called it day
>>
>>1733772
Fuck it. I'll take it.
>>
File: 1347731428335.jpg (156 KB, 511x511)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>1728103
>>
>>1727910
>Clone Company of Heroes
I wish, it only pretends to be, and is much worse off for it.
>>
It's a good game.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.