[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: SOCIAL 1920x1080.png (2.48 MB, 1920x1080)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
How long do you think its going to take before its polished? IMO probably a year at least, perhaps longer if DLCs slow things down and then need to be fixed themselves

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/millennia-2024-roadmap-update-1.1667317/
>>
>>1735484
>How long do you think its going to take before its polished?
Eternity.
>>
>>1735484
>still no postgame score graph/summary screen(s)
Bleh. At least they're actually adding game start options next month, though that should've been part of the game from the start if you ask me. Who the fuck releases a 4X game without customizable game settings?

Also, listing "New Nation" as a feature is ridiculous when a "nation" in Millennia is literally just one abstracted flag and a short list of city names.
>>
>>1735484
The only thing stopping me going back right now is every nation looks the same. I didn't think it'd be the sort of thing to reduce my interest, but I just don't want to keep playing the same nation each time and that's how it currently feels.
>>
>roadmap for upcoming features that are launch features in other titles
lol, lmao even.
>>
>>1735484
I like the game but it really does lack polish.
Also wish they would optimize the endgame performance when all the shit on the map slow down the game. Not as bad as actual pdx shitgames tho
>>
>>1735877
the only different thing is the starting bonus
you can go for different strategies, but yeah the starting bonus isn't big enough to make a huge difference between nations
>>
>>1735526
>Also, listing "New Nation" as a feature is ridiculous when a "nation" in Millennia is literally just one abstracted flag and a short list of city names.
Nation creator?
>>
>>1735901
Yeah and you can just pick your starting bonus anyway, so at the moment it just doesn't feel like nations exist. And if you're not going to have real nations, why bother making it a historical 4x game. Even just a visual difference for the cities and units at this point would be good enough for me. I suspect if pdx has anything to do with it though, skins will come later as DLC.
>>
>>1735906
Yes it's cope.
>>
>>1735906
The nation creator is a joke.
>choose a flag
>choose a city namelist from one nation
>choose a village namelist from another nation
>this is your "custom" nation
>>
>>1735923
You forgot the nation name!
>>
>>1735948
Oh yeah that's the most important part.

Literally none of it means anything at all ingame, but still!
>>
>>1735484
Will be abandoned like Imperator in the next month's.
>>
what killed the hype?
>>
>>1741201
Why play an unfinished Indie game when I can play Civ 1-6 or if I am a faggot Trannykind. Had they pushed the game as Based instead of Cringe they might have had a core audience.
>>
I hate the mobile game graphical style. So soulless and cheap. Is it some game engine that does this? I wan't the world to look beautiful and vibrant, not like some fucking cartoon for kids
>>
>still no multiplayer
wtf are these retards doing?
>>
>>1741649

Same anon. The cartoon graphics throws me off.
>>
The lack of distinct civs killed the game for me even though I find the ages gimmick really cool. I'm now waiting to see if there's anything good about Ara.
>>
>>1743007
I honestly don't really mind, I find spirits way more intresting. However, I do wish the starting bonuses were... less lame.
>>
>>1735484
The question isn't how long, but how much will they charge for all the basic features and fixes.
>>
File: Untitled1.png (593 KB, 550x1193)
593 KB
593 KB PNG
>>
>>1743093
Some of the spirtis should be moved to the starting age, simple as that.
>>
>>1735484
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/developer-diary/millennia-update-2-public-beta.1673445/

>Reduced Daiymo and Shogun Regional Efficiency bonuses (from 10% -> 5% from Daimyo, and 20% -> 10% from Shogun Innovation).
>Reduced the Samurai Combat Bonus gained when in an Army with a Shogun (from 50% -> 20%).
owari da
>>
File: Millennia_vspPXblnFM.png (1.3 MB, 1920x1200)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB PNG
>>1735484
Right now I'm perfectly happy with the state of the game but I really despise the chaos mechanic. Someone else declares war on you, the only way to get them to stop is to take a city, which guarantees you'll get a random negative event in 5 turns max. Very first event I got was a barbarian warlord attacking me, which spawned eleven barbarian warlord units within my borders, if I wasn't playing as the bow hunters I would've just been fucked. Once I can mod conquest to cause zero chaos I'll revisit the game.
>>
>>1744722
Use culture to lower chaos.
>>
>>1744722
Chaos feels like a anti blobbing mechanic gone somewhat wrong. I don't hate it myself, I just wish the interface was better.
>>
>>1744757
How does culture lower chaos? Don't think any of the culture powers lower the per turn value, is it something you unlock in a later age?
>>
File: chaos.png (621 KB, 960x682)
621 KB
621 KB PNG
>>1748388
The "propaganda"' arts culture power lowers the amount you gain per turn. I'm playing the release version though. I dunno if they have changed it in patches since. I would assume they've stopped chaos from going forever negative.
>>
i mean i can appreciate what they did with it but im done with it after maybe 15 hours. theres only so much you can do with a civlike with either hobbled ai or cheating ai.
>>
update 2

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1268590/view/4204749829181541244?l=english
>>
>>1735484
so releasing unfinished bugged shit in price of full game, then adding content which should be in base game as DLC is accepted practice now
>>
>>1735484
I still think Eras should have ripple effects even after they're moved on from. Went through the Age of Heroes? Myths and legends are now real. Have fun fighting dragons and shit with your knights in the Age of Kings. Procced the Age of Aether? You've possibly permanently changed the way human technology will develop and now we get to see how a steampunk world adopts to the modern age.
>>
>>1741652
Multi has been in since day 1.
>>
This game needs a guaranteed set of techs like Sword of the Stars. Skipping normal eras skips normal tech you'd learn even in a special era too much.
>>
>>1750162
That's been Paradox' entire business strategy for years.
>>
The problem I fear this game won't fix is civ like 4xes being boring in general. Space ones are fun and feel like you always have something to do but civ likes feel like just filling out the map and then ??? until someone wins. It's not even interesting to watch battles like space battles are.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.