[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dod_PA.png (676 KB, 975x592)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>PA is now released version 1.0.13
>OpenVic hasn't had a dev diary in 5 months

Bros, come on now, you really gonna support chudgun over actual progress?
>>
I refuse to engage in yet another pointless tribalism.
I just want good fuctioning moddable Vic2 clone.
>>
>>1736383
>alt-his shit
*vomits*
>>
trannies are demon possessed
>>
>>1736512
This. DoD has always sucked. Maybe that explains why troongun likes it so much
>>
File: fa.jpg (336 KB, 1791x2364)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
>>1736512
>pdm based alt history shit
*dies of cringe*
>>
File: average 2nd WK.png (148 KB, 315x367)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>1736580
Cope.
>>
>>1736581
Go mald in a horse factory.
>>
>>1736383
Chudgun faggots get quiet when faced with the irrefutable inferiority of openvic.
>>
>>1736383
If its not good then i dont care
>>
>>1736383
>shit ai diplomacy
>incompatible with mods
what's the point.
>>
>>1736383
chudguntards coping already?
>>
>>1736383
Is the economy and AI still broken?
>>
does the game work yet or do you keep shilling this broken mess acting like the openvic is so much worse

you know most modding communities actually work together quite well, leave it to trannys to shit on other projects for this game we all love
>>
>>1737302
>you know most modding communities actually work together quite well
You mean forming a mod cartel in a discord where they leverage their influence to get rid of anything they see as "problematic"
>>
>>1737302
An actual product is better than ideas, retard.
I will gladly eat my words should Openvic ever release.
>>
how has alice changed in the past couple months
>>
>>1737302
no
it may look like vic2, but it doesn't play like vic2
economy is shit, ai is shit and diplomacy is shit
>>
>>1736383
you can tell this was made by insufferable people judging by the borders alone
>>
>>1737473
I'm wondering as well, considering the game was unfinished on the full release.
>>
It's still a broken mess
>>
>>1736383
>this not-a-V2-clone is better than this non-existent V2 clone
I just want a V2 clone.
>>
>>1736581
I miss willyposting so much, bros
>>
File: RAW.png (2.63 MB, 1920x1012)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB PNG
>>1736383
this thing feels very undercooked, raw even, i had a better time playing vanilla back when i just bought the game. is like nothing makes sense and the game knows it and doesn't even try to provide an explanation of what is going on. the performance is very nice but the gameplay seriously reminds me of one of those .io games or some roblox copycat
>>
>>1736383
>Project Alice
>one of the most common stereotypical troon names is Alice
>Project Alice is developed by troons
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>1736383
It’s not nearly as shit as people here are making it out to be, and who are probably involved in the faggy OV vs PA ‘drama’ (teenagers/the unemployed.) It’s been buggy since ‘1.0’ but has been steadily improving since. It’s fine for what it is — I have fun with it and prefer it over Vic2 with mods (Alice is compatible with mods.)

I imagine progress is a lot slower now, though, since one of the main devs decided to fuck off and make their own PA fork to add new features, splitting an already small team of I think 3. Their pace compared to OpenVic remains funny and still causes butthurt to this day, peaking when Spudgun accused the PA lead of grooming the aforementioned dev and being unfaithful to his wife.
>>
>>1736383
who the fuck is chudgun? Why do zoomers reference everything in terms of some obscure eceleb.
>>
bros ill be honest...
i miss vicky
i wanna play as ancap dixieland in crimeamod one more time

but at the same time, owning a computer is the gayest thing a man could own other than a dildo. why would i need that shit in my life

i will buy land in the countryside and make my own gsg

my children will be my pops. meat, fur, wool, wood milk will be our rgos

meanwhile, you are locked, stunned by your saturnbox. in your plato's cave. you see only the shadow of grobgermania and basedface. but me, i will go outside, and i will make cyberia a reality
>>
if you're not posting from your own computer, then what are you posting from?
>>
hes posting from a phone, the gayest thing a man could own other than a dildo and a computer
>>
i stole this random notebook (good for nomads) from a random guy just to make that post
now im throwing it away
>>
but you want to buy land?????
>>
he sacrificed his flesh to mammon
>>
you're not going to buy a land for a laptopbook though
>>
it makes my main threat globohomo (environmental police) back off and i dont need money anymore anyway
>>
i sacrificed my flesh for mammon ironically
i dont even like putin
>>
>>1736383
Still and will probably always fail at the most important thing, playing like actual vic, is not even a clone
>>
because you want to be a nomad nomads dont own vegetable gardens
>>
my vegetable garden will be small enough
a few dozen ha gives enough grass to feed the herd

but i cant live without onions, carrots, etc those are tasty. i bet if you brought to genghis khan a piece of onion he'd smack his lips and say damn nigga this be mighty good with meat
>>
yeah and then he'd get the Persians to grow them for him while he continued riding around on his little horse
>>
why dont you move to russia, buy land (basically free) and use your gigawrists like your ancestors wanted you to?
cityfag
>>
my family is playing with the thought actually
germany is becoming more and more of a shithole with every passing day
>>
if its so easy why dont russians buy that land and become farmers
methinks its harder than you make it seem
>>
because the pay is terrible
you sell milch for 10 rubles a liter to the local milk jews, and then it will appear in the supermarket 10x overpriced

if you wanna make the bling, stay in the city. the countryside is not the domain of mammon

you go to the countryside because you're based and white and enjoy the life there
>>
>but at the same time, owning a computer is the gayest thing a man could own other than a dildo.
can't tell if this guy literally looks like gigachad or if his brain is just completely fried in the imagination department
there are a shitload of things "gayer" than a computer for a man to own
>>
i used to think of myself as a monarchist when i was 14 because i played vic 2
>>
>>1736383
moom, /gag/ bots have taken over the PA thread
>>
>>1740357
What mods do you play on Alice?
>>
>>1740412
They're too busy dying in Jewtin's special military operation
>>
>>1740456
HPM
>>
>>1740305
That looks genuinely awful.
>>
>>1740357
>peaking when Spudgun accused the PA lead of grooming
He's a tranny, so this is very likely true, but he's also clearly the better coder since progress is being made, probably because he's autistic (you can tell because being a tranny is a comorbidity with that)
>>
>>1736495
This is the true answer to OP's retarded thread.
>>
>>1740769
it plays worse than it looks, tooltips don't even exist so you can only doubt yourself when something weird happens, i have no idea why i was losing pops or what part of my factories was being unprofitable
>>
>>1740769
To be fair you can toggle the font back to normal
>>
Why graphically speaking, everything troons do is ugly? Is that their inner soul[demon rather] speaking out?
>>
niggers
>>
praise kek and sub to spudgun
>>
>>1742510
le navy encircled xD
>>
>1.0.13
>Fix TNO OOB files not parsing correctly, alongside other mods

we're so back tnobros
>>
>>1742510
>>1742534
bokoen1 > chudgun
>>
whats chudguns latest cope on why his failed project hasnt made any progress at all
>>
>>1744205
New dev diary soon.
>>
>>1744205
>PA's multiplayer not being deterministic, OV taking longer to be deterministic and rectify related issues (more info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/victoria2/comments/1aj28yr/project_alice_misconceptions/)
>"Taking things slowly. Getting things right. Building a solid foundation" etc. etc.
>Project Alice flaming OV through their schizo-spokesman, drying up interest/excitement/hype
>Le full time jobs, le full time education, le full time life stopping them from coding.
>>
>>1744388
>link
>le lazy fairy is not viable meme
wtf i'm team spudchud now
>>
>OpenVic dev diary shows vanilla Victoria 2 screenshots
Dead Project.
>>
File: Alice.Margatroid.full.jpg (1.34 MB, 1000x1441)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB JPG
>>1736383
Fixed the r**sevelt icon
https://ufile.io/ve4su1bd
>>
>>1736383
is it over for chudcum?
>>
>>1740305
Paraguay looks like THAT?????????????????'
>>
>>1740316
the dumbfucks didn't know the nickname Vicky came from Victoria, the Queen of England, the stupid fucks thought it has a girl name so we should do it too!!!!!
>>
is there any way to get a more vanilla feel with project alice? i like the optimization and all but it feels wonky to play
>>
i don't care about alice or v2 anymore now that eu5 is gonna be great
>>
>>1740357
>since one of the main devs decided to fuck off and make their own PA fork to add new features
what's the name of it?
>>
the fact a lot of people keep saying that the game still doesn't feel much like vanilla is why i'm still not interested. and at this point i have my doubts that it ever will feel like vanilla because that feels like something that should have been ironed out over the past 6 months or so, no?

guess i'll have to wait to see what openvic do since they at least pretend to care about "recreating" v2.
>>
>>1749301
Nobody is ever going to make a real V2 clone because it's obvious now that nobody with the skill to do it is going to have the humility to do it, vs making an almost clone with a bunch of personal "improvements".
>>
>>1749301
it's 20 mb just try it
>at this point i have my doubts that it ever will feel like vanilla
indeed they don't have any interest on it, apparently the lead dev didn't even want to have stockpiles and debt implemented
>>
>>1749301
why do you need vanilla feel when you can just play original vic2 for it?
in practice, performance improvements, qol and bugfixes alone would remove the feel of vic2 even if the rest of the game is a perfect copy.
>>
>>1749497
>why do you need vanilla feel when you can just play original vic2 for it?
for this:
>performance improvements, qol and bugfixes
but that's not what people talk about when they say it feels different. they talk about the AI acting weird. i think there's differences in other mechanics like the economy and rebels that makes it different too but idk about that.
>>
>>1740388
>ancap dixieland
vgh god why did the SJW libtards have to steal this from vs bros fvck,,,,

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.