[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2024-05-01 (2).png (3.58 MB, 1920x1080)
3.58 MB
3.58 MB PNG
I've recently finished the orc campaign.
It was pretty good. Quite easy to cheese(at least on normal difficulty) but then again so was Warcraft 2. It still has its bugs like the game crashing every 2nd time you load but otherwise nothing too serious.
Looking forward to the human campaign and the others that will come.

What did you think of it?
>>
>>1749735
I hate those models.
Otherwise I have no opinions.
>>
>>1749735
I feel the passion in it (i.e. remodeling the buildings and unit to look like WC2, using WC2 music, etc), but everything also feels very cheap (i.e. Stiff animations, reuse of models, etc). Also I felt some parts of it could of been left out or expanded beyond the humble homage of the original, as naval combat sucked in general for both WC2 and WC3:FT.
>>
>>1749757
To be fair naval combat was such a defining part of WC2 that they couldn't just outright delete it.
But it's true that it's janky, like for example loading all your troops in transport ships often requires several clicks. Also it does feel like the AI doesn't know what to do with the naval mechanic at times.
How would you expand upon it though?
>>
>>1750091
Something like a naval hero would of been nice, as lost isles is just you transporting units from island to island and sea battle is bit tacked on. Although I do credit them for giving ships abilities at least.
>>
>>1750163
I can see Daelin Proudmoore and his ship becoming a hero
>>
>>1749757
>reuse of models
you mean like how the human houses and villagers are the same?
Or how the grunts use the original reforged one as base? Or how Utok uses Gar'thok's mace?
>>
File: Rend Maim Orgrim.png (692 KB, 930x599)
692 KB
692 KB PNG
>>1752994
Not really. I meant like how all the custom units and characters use share the limited base models. For example in the opening scene while their equipment are different, Orgrim, Rend, and Main are basically built on the same model (which is young Thrall I think).
>>
>>1753457
I can see that now that you mention it
I suppose it's way easier to use an existing model as base rather than making one from scratch
>>
>>1749735
I don't like how they lean in the movie designs
>>
I really hate how they went with World of Warcraft designs. Too many bits on everything that don't make any sense. Basic grunts and footmen are way too ornate.
>>
>>1749735
Refunded was such a colossal fuck up, it's amazing people are still trying to salvage it
>>
>>1759363
>Refunded was such a colossal fuck up
Says actually nobody that shitty goysoy Youtubers/Livestreamers bitches.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.