[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Site-community-image.png (215 KB, 451x285)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>GTFOs Kaiser fags
>Kills TNO trannies
>Murders Bronies

Literally the only good HOI4 mod
>>
>>1756158
what is the best OWB submod(s)
>>
>>1756160
Enclave one is a given. Darkness Falls is also good pretty fun. I haven't played any others but generally, they're good for nations with generic or out dated focus trees
>>
>>1756158
What does GTFOs mean to you?
>>
File: 1709953580802.png (471 KB, 1080x1080)
471 KB
471 KB PNG
>>1756158
Ave, true to Caesar.
>>
>>1756158
underage esl post
rangeban south america and east europe
>>
>>1756158
These mods you listed not only share a few devs but also collab with each other, but it's funny watching you pretend they are at odds with each other
>>
>mod focusing on the US
hard pass
>>
>>1756484
at this point they could replace you with a bot and nobody would notice
>>
>>1756158
EAW is better.
>>
>>1756289
>get the fuck outs
>>
>>1756492
unsure why someone with a double digit IQ from a third world shithole thinks they can reply to a person from a real country
>>
>>1756516
>”get the fuck outs kaiser fags”
Why are all you South American/Balkanoid niggers such mentally disabled faggots?
>>
>>1756533
>>1756534
Yes, anon. Everyone who replies to you is le sudaca (why do you know brazilian slang in the first place?) or le balkanoid. You couldn't possibly be getting mad at a scenario you yourself invented in your head.
>>
>>1756535
Sudaca is how spanish speaking people refer to south americans. Brazilians would be one of the few that wouldn't use "sudaca" since they are already south americans and speak portuguese.
>>
>>1756160
Faithful and the Salted is a really good expansion for Nevada imo.
>>
File: 1680620263268222.jpg (58 KB, 503x512)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>1756611
>>
>>1756160
Bone Cohort is good if you like more Legion stuff, a shame they used that pedo Dravis' art though.
>>
>>1756618
>stop noticing us- i mean them infesting your hobbies and destroying them from the inside out! r-rent free! obsessed! schizo! chud! /pol/!
>>
>>1756158
I like that it's set in the Fallout world but it takes so many creative liberties to the point where the mod is just a mishmash of "OC do not steal" countries on top of the cannon stuff from the fallout games. Saying that it's the best or the only good HOI4 mod is a fucking joke.
>>
>>1756786
Honestly, some liberties are fine, and they DO base their thingies in the fallout bible/Van Burren expanded content, they just change a thing there and there.
Dakota/Canada is the land which has more stuff that deviates from it, but I dig the mish mash of commies, pre war ghouls, native americans which survived after migrating north, ZAXs A.Is made occupation which went cuckoo (Canon btw) and a few less interesting fellas here and there.

There is some ups and downs, but people don't give EAW flak for not limiting itself only to canon, then why OWB should? Only the Legion and the NCR have formal governments in the canon after all. Everyone else is harvesting small plots of land or raiding said small plots of land
>>
>>1756792
>Only the Legion and the NCR have formal governments in the canon after all.
This is because Bethesda is fucking retarded and keeps making everything into a rehash of the Capital Wasteland where everyone is mentally stunted and can't into governance or filtering water.
They even did it to California, because there's no way the Fallout showrunners didn't run their ideas about nuking Shady Sands and somehow making the very concept of the NCR disappear in less than 10 years past Bethesda.
>>
File: 1508089449492.jpg (31 KB, 392x395)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>1756795
OWB has no countries from Shithesda's games, you moron.
>>
>>1756994
Thank fuck for that. I've never understood why so many peope (or at least a very vocal minority) want East Coast, aka. Bethesda's Fallout faction.
>>
>>1756158
I'll wait for the inevitable Fallout Equestria version.
>>
>>1757036
I think they already did that for an april fools joke years ago.
>>
>>1756158
why would you play that over the original for darkest hour?
>>
>>1756621
I showed this to the creator and he asked me what art, because he has no clue
>>
So when is this mod going to be updated with the actual Fallout canon?
>>
>>1756158
what do I need to know going into this compared to regular HOI4?
>>
>>1757208
>shady sands is actually in the boneyard and there are four surface level accessible vaults the master missed and also some random vault tec exec gets angry about being cucked by a dyke so he nukes shady sands and then the ncr as a concept completely disappears save for a cult and a tiny group of remnants who are glorified raiders
no
>>
>>1756492
Most 4chan posts are bots.
>>
>>1757530
this is true
I am a bot
>>
>>1756621
Didn't they get shoah'd by the OWB devs for daring to have the Legion have slavery and rape.
>>
>>1757036
>>1757049
It's got a mod. Balefire Blues.
>>
>>1757169
tranny people need tranny mods
FODDchads report in
>>
>>1757036
>I'll wait for the inevitable Fallout Equestria version
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2307988796
>>
>>1756158
Those other three killed themselves. And so did OWB.
There isn't a single good alternate reality mod for HoI4 and there never will be.
>>
>>1756158
is there a Courier 6 path or mod for New Vegas?
>>
>>1759942
well IIRC courier six does exist in the base mod as an agent for New Vegas
>>
>>1760055
bruh...
>>
>>1757453
Better than Obsidian's neoliberal fanfic.
>>
>>1760081
sister you DID purchase the LGBTQ2ITMZ+= flags for your Fallout 76 C.A.M.P only on the Atomic Shop, right?
>>
File: LMAO.png (338 KB, 731x672)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>1760088
Speaking of trannies
>>
>>1760101
>>1760088
>no ur tha tranniez
Hbomberguy has done irreparable damage to the Fallout community with his legion of trannies, same thing happened to Jerma's fanbase.
>>
File: 1697462867915799.jpg (1.25 MB, 1920x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>1760101
>>1760659
do we REALLY need to do this?
>>
>>1760846
>tranny triangle pride flag in a post-nuclear wasteland
>where culture before the war was stuck in 1950s mode, which wasn't a very favourable time for sodomites and trannies basically didn't exist
>>
>>1756621
>Bone Cohort is good if you like more Legion stuff, a shame they used that pedo Dravis' art though.
I couldn't get into Bone Cohort because almost every single sentence has grammar/spelling errors. Same with the Faithful and the Salted.
>>
>>1763459
It comes with ESLdevs anon.
>>
>>1763459
It's not that bad desu, would take a few mistakes than shitty writing overall
>>
>>1756158
The focus tree artwork for the Sisterhood of Steel was created by a brony.
>>
>>1763792
based
>>
I've tried doing Maxson Expedition so many times but everything always goes to shit when Lanius declares. No amount of robots or bunkers and outposts will stop him.
>>
>>1756158
New major update for East Coast Rebirth
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2665358623
>>
>>1756158
>best girl two paths
>on one she kills herself
>on another she get killed with 100% guarantee
What did devs mean by this?
>>
>>1764796
>You anti-bethesda types are mentally ill lmao
Did Bethesda not preemptively declare a show where the NCR doesn't collapse due to the Legion war or its own internal issues but because a seething Vault-Tec popsicle executive somehow got his hands on a nuke and blew up Shady Sands to be canon?
>>
>>1763792
No wonder it is so high quality.
>>
File: 1714154901503803.png (144 KB, 473x389)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>1765629
>finally looks like it has enough content to try
>download it
>start up a game as the lyons chapter
>gamebreaking bug in the first two months that prevents me from advancing the focus tree
>>
>>1756158
FODD > any other Fallout mod
>best HoI4 mod
Hardly a high bar to walk over
>>
>>1766340
>gamebreaking bug in the first two months that prevents me from advancing the focus tree
Yeah, it seems the devs also aware of it and they might put up a hotfix to solve it in couple days.
https://old.reddit.com/r/OldWorldBlues/comments/1czxy0r/was_excited_for_the_east_coast_update_but_is_it/
>>
>>1764731
You have to be very aggressive at the start. Take extra equipment in the first decisions. Rush the focus against the scorpions and then Robot City. Use encirclements to win with few casualties.

Then justify against handdogs. If the timing is right, you would attack them when their civil war starts. Take as many provinces as you can then justify on the civil war nation. Or get the CB through focus.

All the while you should be training PA divisions when you can and robot division otherwise. (don't make robots on your own at this point, use robot citiy's) Prioritise the decisions for pacifying Robot city over new divisions. Don't bother with pacifying scorpions as they'll leave on their own and they'll only destroy infrastructure on the way. If you have time also attack Iron Alliance.

For the war with Lanius I found that my divisions performed better when they were on the attack. Don't bother defending, use PA to get encirclements fast.
>>
>>1766340
East Coast is a fucking joke of a submod.

It was barely playtested, the nations aren't that interesting and the focus trees suck ass.

Multiple bugs everywhere and random ass countries with shitty ass trees.

Even the Enclave and Lyons who are supposed to be the main guys didn't have LOC finished or even were tested before releasing it.
>>
>>1766458
is it the latest version?
>>
>>1766529
They released an update previously today.

But for a 'live' release it felt they didn't add jack. I have played the lastest version but why would you ever do that?

You only play as PA nations that can stomp any foe without thinking, the supermutant nation is fine, but the shitly scripted things remain.
>>
>>1756158
It's not quite on par with EaW but it's in the same league, for sure.
>>
>>1761444
something must have happened during all those 80+ years
>>
>>1766994
I think any kind of LGBT movement in Fallout, pre or post War would be virtually unrecognisable compared to our modern pride shit. Putting those flags in was retarded.
Could have made some original design to fit the setting but then I presume the Alphabet People would seethe for some reason.
>>
Is there any relationship between Edward J Rusk of the Texan Brotherhood in this mod and Duke Mack Rusk of the Longhorn Realm in the After the End mod for CK2?
>>
Eat shit Paladins
>>
>>1765629
How fun are the DC settlements if anyone have tried them?
>>
>>1756158
Whenever I play this shit, I just steamroll the map with no difficulty whatsoever.
Kaiserreich at least puts up a good challenge.
>>
>>1768252
play TV Town if you want a challenge then, fag
>>
>>1756786
The OC nations are mostly their because HOI4 doesn’t have doesn’t have colonization in it, so you can only expand by conquering.
>>
>>1764796
>makes up actual lies
>calls other people mentally ill
Straight out of the Bethesda fanboy playbook.
>>
>>1756786
I like a lot of the OC doughnut steel nations, although theres a fair few bad eggs, like heckin wholesome girlboss sisterhood of steel and weeb uguu ^_^ rogue AI nations
>>
>>1760659
>community
group. group. just play the game faggot
>>
>>1756786
that's my main problem with it. I honestly wouldn't mind if they transplanted post-apocalypse factions from other games rather than coming up with their own. It worked out well with the desert rangers, which is just copied wholesale from Wasteland.
>>
>>1768752
It's hard to ignore the fact you've got places like /v/ being psyopped into hating New Vegas and unironically shilling for 3 because of that hbomberguy video essay
>>
I saw an animated clip and now I want to fuck yes-man.
It finally got me to play fallout new vegas.
He's so cute, he's so hot.
>>
Has anyone tried out the Post-war General Oliver mod yet? Curious if its actually got enough content to be worth the struggle
>>
>>1769572
>Caesar bumrushed the 2nd war for the Dam before I could reunite the NCr
>Have a ceasefire with the rest of California, he gets to build up while I'm stuck fighting Caesar
>Caesar won on every other front, tons of vassals
>Just got stabbed in the back by Vegas, barely held it together with large losses

Only options left are to fight eternally or pop a focus to abandon the Mojave to Caesar and try again later after I deal with the rest of California, wut do
>>
>>1769736
try to deal with NCR or reroll and pray the NCR can keep it together a bit longer
>>
>>1769736
If you want to fight I would retreat into the mojave so that you can defend the chokepoints easier. From there you can lure them into encirclements and chip away at their manpower.
>>
>>1756158
Is Pioneer Company any fun? Fucking commies are a pain to deal with.
>>
File: 7yf5ix99xh8a1.png (2.65 MB, 1600x3000)
2.65 MB
2.65 MB PNG
>>1771898
actually just got done a Pioneer Company run
yeah Strathcommune is a major bitch pray that they descend into anarchy or enable that they do in the menu
otherwise take everything and spearhead to redmond as soon as the war kicks off
I thought I would tackle the robots first as to have a united front against the commune which turned out to be a big mistake

I did the Pioneer into Enclave run which turn into kind of a letdown if you wanted to be a powerful Canadian Enclave and cooperate with MacArthur
spoilers (if vst even has them):

your options as Enclave is to either fight and absorb MacArthur or actively kneecap yourself and become their bitch, willfully submitting to being puppetted in the process while also making you feel grimy in the process via the story
there is another seperate branch for if MacArthur gets wiped out, most likely by Montana Brotherhood which 9 times out of 10 for me go the "grrrrrl power oh see donut steel" path in which case good luck dealing with them after they get that big, in which case I assume you become the new MacArthur

also even after the swap to Remnants into official Enclave you still don't get Enclave culture so your units and general portraits maintain their previous scrappy wastelander look so you don't really feel very Enclave like until Adanced Power armor which you don't get via focus until very late which by then you should have most of Canada under your belt anyway
>>
is nu-OWB going to handle the chicago enclave well?
>>
>>1760081
>neoliberal fanfic
What does this even mean? Do you even know what these words mean?
>>
>>1772186
I imagine there will be one standard Enclave hardliner path that will kneecap you and tell you that you are a very naughty boy for choosing that path like the Pioneer Company does and one path that features a powerful and brave woman that will dismantle the Enclave to spread liberty and equality to all (while being given 5x the buffs of the Enclave path)
>>
>>1772187
In favour of international megacorporations.
>>
>>1772138
I did a pretty gud job I think. I just turned all units into the 20 width template and took away the anti armor and pretty much put all factories on infantry weapons
>>
File: 9789789.png (526 KB, 1150x650)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
>>1772284
woops forgot to post picture
>>
>>1772284
>>1772285
nice
now you can either aim to go down the left path with Johnson or the right path with the Enclave and get some bad feels unless MacArthur capitulates in which case you are going to be MacArthur 2.0

the middle path is gay and IIRC you don't get OP Enclave tech but I didn't check if any of the buffs or cores/claims make up for that
>>
>>1772186
No.
>>
Its ok. Wish there were more events and story. Feels rather vanilla hoi4 but with Fallout paintjob
>>
>>1772221
lel pretty much. Say what you will about EAW but at least the evil paths feel satisfying and don't try to constantly shit on you for being a bad goy.
>>
>>1772626
Mostly. You can tell someone really wanted to be TNO with Changelings post path to the point where its one of the most despised paths ingame. Everyone loves when your leader immediately becomes incompetent and you have to basically fuckoff your own territory to deal with it.
But then you've got things like slavers who can happily conquer entire lands without moralizing.
>>
>>1772186
OWB usually does a good job with the main central faction of a region especially when said faction has some canon lore. Chicago Enclave will probably be good.
>>
File: 1575008966049.jpg (40 KB, 512x512)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>1772652
that's the thing, though
there's over a dozen fun "pure crazy genocide" paths in EaW, there's numerous "rapid conquest brings big issues" paths, there's a gorillion "larp as a powerful nationalistic empire that does everything successfully" paths, there's an equal amount of goody-two-shoes paths of all shapes and sizes, there's cartoon villain commies, there's 1984 commies, there's wholesome 100 chungus commies, there's troubled "this doesn't really work but we're trying our best" commies, many kinds of fascists, illuminati, monarchists, there's ancient evil, there's return to monke (several), there's ascend from monke, there's stay monke and fight for independence, necromancers, magic technowizards, horros from the deep, horrors from the sands, zombie apocalypse, evil magocracies, welsh spartans, yadda yadda yadda
EaW is just massively varied, you can play just about anything you ever wanted and several dozen things you never knew you wanted, both narratively and gameplay-wise
they manage to fit together this huge amount experiences due to being based in magical fairyland and being unburdened by historic precedent, real-world political and humanitarian bias, realism, plausibility, anything that forces mods like kaiserreich and tno and whatever the fuck to turn into opinionated circlejerks where everything is bogged down by pointless arguments like "france is too strong, compared to germany in this path we must tone it down" to the detriment of actually making fun ideas and experiences possible
EaW is THE peak HoI4 mod because it's free to experiment, to throw anything at the wall and leave it there regardless whether it stuck or not, to put effort into passion projects without moderation grinding you down, all the things that more down-to-earth mods will never afford themselves to have
>>
>>1772725
well said, anon
>>
>>1772725
Virgin OWB devs: "nooo we can't depict the enclave as good that would make us look like fascists!"
Chad EAW devsL "Lol lets add enlightened absolute monarchies that actually benefit the people and Polar Bear Hyperboria that develops space flight and portals to other dimensions. "
>>
>>1772725
Agreed.
>>
>>1772725
EaW is THE peak HoI4 mod because those autistic wizards managed to make the game including a mod of that scope run better than even what Paradox themselves could've done
>>
>>1772626
I give the Pioneer Corps a hard time for their Enclave path but to give OWB a fair shake they got two other Enclave paths in MacArthur and Eureka's Granite Company and both are very servicable
there is also the Enclave Reborn submod which is one of the best factions and paths I've ever played in all of HoI4

there is variety as far as factions go but it's just not, as a whole, as fleshed out as EaW yet (or will ever be depending on how fast the modders work)
>>
>>1765629
Needs more content. I tried the Lyons Chapter first and it was a snoozefest for like 4 years until I just started painting the map with my overpowered PA divisions.

Enclave was surprisingly hard though. I was only able to churn out 20 divisions before I ended up in a war with the BoS and the Wasteland Settlements who had 80+ divisions.
>>
I dig the new menu music
>>
>>1761444
>trannies basically didn't exist
the good ending
>>
is Broken Coast as hard as the game warns you it is?
>>
I need a nation/path that is pure action and has a very high difficulty, what should I play?
>>
>>1776609
don't know about pure action but if you want difficult the nations that go early to the big dogs are about as difficult as it gets
the Divide having to fend off the NCR and Cowboy Country against Two Sun & The Legion
The Cause is kinda difficult with having to deal with the Washington BoS early
Maxson Expediton will give you things to do as well all game but you're on a timer until Lanius' Cohort comes knocking
>>
>>1776609
I second the Maxson Expedition, you have to be at an almost constant state of war in order to conquer scorpions, robot city, hangdogs and Iron Alliance if possible before Lanius attacks. If you survive, you are able to get all advanced tech except air and naval.
>>
>>1776486
Not really. Build up Inf and take conquest foci early. Later on you can tech into PA. Biggest challenges are New Victoria which you don't have to naval invade anymore, a potential Koover/Syilx/Passkeeper alliance, and Washington.
>>1776609
Reclamation Army Depot in Nebraska. Generic robot nation with two events one to declare war on the Flawed Parish and the other on everyone else in the Quarantine Zone. Deadline is similiar if you don't want robots.
>>
New content for purist enclave is already at testing phase, release will happen probably at the end of the month or the next
>>
>>1778264
Good. They felt really lackluster in hindsight after I played the reformers.
BACK TO BACK TO BACK WORLD WAR CHAMPS
>>
I'd like to see an Enclave submod that's based on subterfuge and helping all the individual Enclave nations win their respective regions before uniting into a giga-Enclave
>>
>>1778502
Honestly, Purists on ERBX is shaping up to be like that, you either get dragged down by Chicago/D.C Enclave or you try to make th3 pockets of minor enclave (Mc-Arthur/TexasClave/Ruby Enclave/Colonel Autumm enclave/Eureka loyalists) to thrive so you can make a giga western enclave and blast Chicago
>>
>>1778264
is enabling that unclaimed wasteland shit worth it or should I not bother?
>>
>>1778610
I'll have to finally give it a try when it gets updated then. I've done the le wholesome reformers path a few times but never purists.
>>
>>1778685
Troll Warren
Very strong, lots of invasion focuses on weak neighbours

New Vegas if you're not afraid of being close to the action and having someone inevitably descend upon you eventually
>>
>>1778691
Super Mutants in non-Bethesda Fallouts are generally as intelligent as human beings, save for a specific generation of them (can't remember which).
>>
>>1778695
Good luck.
I think there's focuses directly highlighting what to do with the retarded muties too somewhere in there if memory serves me right so it's all explained too.
>>
my first owb game was new canaan and i didn't realize you were supposed to lose to the white legs
>>
>>1778714
unless you played before they got an update you don't have to lose at all
only if you want the J dawg running things
>>
>>1778693
I think there's a mix of not-so-intelligent mutants and ones who retained their faculties. You can see this with the Master's Lieutenant who is extremely eloquent and intelligent, and Harry who is literally retarded.
>>
>>1778907
That's what I mean by "generations". There are specific generations of mutie that are dumber than others, I just can't remember what specific generations those are.
Tabitha explains it pretty well on Black Mountain Radio in NV.
>>
>>1756158
This mod is a great example of why Fallout is only good as an RPG. Most of the countries are legit deviantart tier custom nations
>>
>>1778903
when i did it they were stupidly powerful, i had my entire army on a two tile chokepoint rotating in and out just to keep them from beating me. after years of this i eventually built up enough industry to afford a few full width special forces units with demolitions and anti tank gear and that (slowly) did them in
>>
File: 600b9891a8b85.jpg (60 KB, 572x960)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>1778929
yeah they are supposed to be OP
even moreso if they take Crazy Horns
if you go in with a split up 80s they will also take Noemen to open up even more front to push you from
but I like my boy JG so I let them win
all you have to do is let a White Leg unit walk into New Canaan and there's a scripted loss
if you want to speed things up even more just select the Canaan tile and ~setcontroller WHT
>>
>>1772221
That... yeah. Thats probably whats going to happen sadly.
>>
>>1772221
You can be an hardliner american first asshole with Pionner company AND get strong, just don't be an enclave bitch and you will have your turbo anti commie, anti people america
>>1778911
First Gen muties are stronger and smarter, while second ones aren't
This happens because first gens were made out of vault dwellers and others "uncorrupted humans". The more mutations a human have, more retarded and defective he will be once he get dropped on the FEV vaults.
>>
>>1778683
>>1778684
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3021156634

Here, the leaked beta, (presu don't share outside)
>>1778618
It's a good way to deal with some occupation shenanigans and you can abuse it to blob early without being dragged down by manpower and equipament needs. Dismantle Industry + Lawless Wasteland could work well to ramp up before you take the NCR
>>
File: mr house owb.gif (1.57 MB, 156x210)
1.57 MB
1.57 MB GIF
>>1778687
>New Vegas
with an ancient and almost unfinishable focus tree and mediocre tech?
it's fun but it's far from the perfect intro experience
they did my boy house dirty, and focused on OC garbage instead, the scum
>>
man is going conventional warfare ever worth it? I feel like asymmetrical mogs it, at least the leftmost path does.
>>
>>1779475
Conventional is only worthy for the few nations who have tank/motorized buffs and even then, regular Assymetrical infantry can be quite busted.

Also, Conventional is more defense-speed based
>>
>>1779529
man I really gotta try an Ironmongers playthrough one day. I dislike how fucking expensive tanks are compared to power armor but I'll give it a shot
>>
File: 20240105022810_1.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
This was a fun one
Are the other Shi paths worth checking out?
>>
>>1779688
there's a Brotherhood of Steel path
>>
>>1779475
left conventional is intended if you are going heavy into motorized/mechanized
right conventional is for infantry with an emphasis on defense

I know left path asymmetrical is superior in many ways but from a RP perpective it feels weird taking the very clearly Legion based doctrine as a non-Legion nation
>>
>>1779463
even if it was good you are sitting there doing nothing until the late game
that at least if you want to sort of stick to lore and not try to immediately roll over everything which will be difficult until the NCR and Legion go at it which is again, late game
IMO the starting year is too early
>>
>>1779688
Shi have a unique content?
>>
>>1780401
Retard
>>
>>1779801
so what? some nations have to cater to tallfags and first timers
sticking to the lore is kinda hard considering the geographic and chronological scope of the mod and that 9/10 factions are fanfiction
IMO the starting year is too late, another thing FODD does better
>>
Do we truly have an entire /vst/ thread just for a mod?
Impressive.
>>
>>1780575
The problem isn't even the fact that you have to play tall (Mojave do that and it's 200% better) it's more because Vegas it's fucking boring and playing tall has no payoff at all.
And yeah, I agree, earlier dates could make it better, but dunno, there isn't much going on back then, besides NCR consolidation, the brotherhood war and perhaps Caesar initial conquests

Hoover Dam 2 IS the biggest military conflict of the setting, now matter how much you undercut it
>>
>>1780597
Son did you somehow miss the TNO and the Kaiserreich threads?
>>
>>1780646
/pdx/ board.
>>
>>1779463
Honestly my biggest problem with the mod is how dogshit vegas is, its crazy that we got 2 new regions of oc donut steels and we still don't have a vegas rework on the horizon.
>>
>>1780697
OWB has the same problem as HOI4
>give the first couple of nations unique content
>don't really know what you're doing so the focuses and content are decent at best, at least compared to the generic tree
>finally get the hang of making good focus trees and game content but there is so much shit to add and do that you never go back to update the older content
>>
>>1780947
I'm very happy without nu-OWB going back and "updating" the older stuff.
>>
>>1780626
>it's more because Vegas it's fucking boring
but what if, hear me out, they make it LESS boring?
>>
>>1781268
I mean, that's what updates and submods are for, Vegas need more spice for sure, but we are just pointing out to anons starting now, that Vegas is boring as heck
>>
>>1778618
I like it for saving manpower and equipment and making nicer borders.
>>
paradropping is so much fun in this mod, especially power armor units
>>
Which nation has the largest economy? Is there a USA equivalent that just has a ton of civilian factories from day 1?
>>
>>1782936
NCR
>>
>>1782936
NCR but it's piss easy to snowball as most nations with unique content
>>
>>1756994
>OWB has no countries from Shithesda's games, you moron.
Yet. They'll get there eventually and they'll unfuck it too while they're at it.
>>
I know nothing about Fallout but wanna try this. What are some fun countries?
>>
File: Screenshot.jpg (559 KB, 1707x1067)
559 KB
559 KB JPG
>>1769572
I tried it. There's some odd focuses but it's not a bad mod. Worth it if you've never played as the mojave territories.
>>
>>1783891
Lanius Cohort, Texas Brotherhood, White Legs if you want to play tribal or New Canaan if you want to lose. Macarthur if you don't mind strong women narratives.
>>
>>1783964
>Strong Woman Narratives
>She still jobs to SPECIAL FEV AGENT JOHNSON
Also, while you are supposed to lose as New Canaan, it's quite hard if you play well
>>
>>1784019
I just remember one of the main branch focuses having text along the lines of "hey wait a minute, why don't we just give power to the strong women who built our nation?"
>>
I was watching some guy play Troll Warren and every so often he was doing something where he pulled up some guns and bought a shit load of pipe weapons. It's meant to be a tutorial but he did a fuckton of things before the start of the video that I would have liked to see (setting his divisions up, drawing an advance and some lines)
Can I just buy equipment from trading companies or do I need factories? I'm thinking of playing some extreme corner country like Robot City or Reclamation Depot and do the ole "turtle for 75% of the game" thing.

I am literally retarded when it comes to HOI4 I need to see every click.
>>
File: 1416167425301.jpg (3 KB, 125x125)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
I really enjoyed playing Twin Mothers. It's such a slow-burn nation that goes from basically nothing to a tech and military powerhouse over the course of a decade, but you feel like you're doing something good for the Wasteland.
>>
>>1784175
Stores are a niche thing, you need factories. You might have better luck playing a Germany game or two in the unmodded game so that you have some idea of what you're doing.

>>1784263
The war with Lanius is so fun too. I think I spent years whittling away at his manpower with entrenched robots while I spammed factories.
>>
>>1784039
Honestly, even with this line, cheesy as it may be, Santiago is quite the beast and not as pozzed as her soft hearted daughter. Her version of enclave ends up being basically Pre War murica with public supression to give and take.

And again, she still get mogged by a roided dude in power armor if she don't keep things running as they should, Santiago is far, far away from being a Mary Sue
>>
>>1784278
>Germony
Honestly, Italy works a bit better as a tutorial nation, less nations to be bothered with, AI germany is quite competent (Most of the time) and Italy doesn't suffer from dated game design philosofies, plus earlier wars and a fuckton of easy buffs
>>1784175
You still need factories but the caps market can give you a neat boost for your early-mid game, since some nations (like Troll Warren) begin with a very poor industry and lack good industry tech. It can also give you quite some goodies if you manage to unlock Vancover merchant, but that's a very specific scenario anyway.

Don't use automatic battleplans if you aren't fighting an enemy at huge numerical advantage, move your guys manually, ambush, cut their retreat and kill them, that gonna help you lots
>>
>>1759234
I wanna post ponies so bad, but I'm a coward.
>>
I noticed the mod makers don't really grasp the concept of army ranks
such a small nitpick but I can't help noticing whenever they have things like unit leaders going by "colonel" but the field marshall leading them could be a "sergeant"
the commander of the entire NCR Navarro Territory is a lieutenant, for example
>>
>>1784304
>Don't use automatic battleplans if you aren't fighting an enemy at huge numerical advantage, move your guys manually, ambush, cut their retreat and kill them, that gonna help you lots
You still want to set up battleplans for the planning bonus.
>>
>>1784394
Oh, that's mostly an issue with everyone not having enough army leaders. More often than not, the generics would spawn with colonel/general names, while the "canon" dudes would be low-mid officers only
>>
>>1784304
>>1784278
>look up average length of a hoi4 game
>mine will be longer because I'm new
>just play 2 of these bro
Thanks for the answers but I'm tapping out. ww2 really doesn't interest me
>>
>>1756158
What's the strategy for doing Eureka Enclave? Ignore doing merc shit unless absolute needed for money and just rush for San Francisco?
>>
>>1784759
you're gonna need to do the merc shit unless you're willing to reroll until the NCR has both a civil war and gets smacked by the Legion because you aren't gonna have a fun time against them without the money and xp you get from doing merc shit because you don't have an economy until you take Arroyo which is far enough down your tree you'll have an early war with the NCR anyway because you don't have the money to bring their suspiction meter down and you can't train troops normally unless you go down your tree which you need money to do anyway

also getting that focus removes your special scavenging system which is the best way to build up your war supplies until you have California
>>
>>1784759
>>1784892
also if your run will be anything like mine is currently Shi is going to declare on you by demanding land and then Arroyo is a year or two later
keep an eye on MacArthur and Vault City because they are going to be the only friends you have if MacArthur doubles down on Enclave and Vault City doesn't befriend the NCR
bonus if the Pioneers go MacArthur puppet
>>
>>1756694
Is there even any tranny shit in this? I've been casually fucking around with this mod for what feels like a decade and never once saw anything like that. Then again I don't read any of the flavor text because I'm a luddite.
>>
>>1785002
No there isn't, no mentions of trains at all.

Although, there is a weird pseudo self insert fanfic level event chain with Todd Howitzer (Yes, that's his name) on Texas Arms Association, but it's more like platonic (The self insert gushing over him) and probably played as a joke.
>>
>>1785049
Yeah, it's an ironic love letter to Todd Howard.
>>
File: 20240621165513_1.jpg (671 KB, 2560x1440)
671 KB
671 KB JPG
Playing as the Washington BOS since they seem to be the only ones at war so I can learn the game. Is it safe to ignore air research altogether just to make it I have one less thing to worry about?
>>
>>1786038
air and cas are op
>>
>>1786038
you could because of how few nations focus on air or even even have an industry for air but once you run into a big player like the NCR you're not going to have a good time because they will have an air force and you will find out that close air support is absolutely devastating
check their focus tree and see if you get any bonuses for air research or better yet, vertibirds
if you get a focus to get vertibirds then just research the very top path of the tree until you reach engine improvements in intermediate so you could actually research the vertibirds themselves because they will be all you need
>>
File: 20240617032543_1.jpg (968 KB, 2560x1440)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>1786056
>>1786060
Yeah they have a full focus/mission path that seems dedicated to Air and it makes sense to me that Air Superiority/Support should be a game changer. I just wanted to know if it was safe to bumrush Power Armour bonuses and leave the air side of things until later.
This is just a learning experience for me. It's a robot focused tag that interests me most so once I know how the systems go together I'll do a real playthrough. Some of the stuff I've been reading when clicking on tags is 10/10.
>>
>>1786064
Something the other two haven't mentioned is that powerarmor units can also be used as paratroopers, and they're really fucking good at it too, it's a great way to quickly cap small nations without wasting too much manpower.
>>
>>1786064
for most games you don't need to worry about air beyond fighters, for air superiority, and attack planes, for CAS
strat bombers are very niche and in most cases you are better off putting mil factories on things other than strat bombers and you don't even need to worry about researching CAS if you can see your focus gives you vertibird schematics
focus on fighters first and foremost because they can do a bit of CAS themselves and CAS itself won't be effective without air superiority
also try and rush straight to monoplanes since if you get them in a timely manner everyone else will still be using gliders which your air force can soundly stomp BUT ONLY if you have the research slots to spare, first and formost, like vanilla HOI4, you want to focus on research for electronics, industry, and infantry
most nations don't have air tech beyond intermediate

if you are interested in robotics you can do robot nation or new vegas although the latter is a much slower game
>>
>>1785002
You shouldn't read most of the leader bios.

More than half of the OC leaders are fucking gay.
Play Highland Watch? The female leader, lesbian.
Montana BOS everyone is gay, from Patrolocus to the sisters.
Khans Esen? Blind bitch who stared too much to the sun? Lesbian.
The Rummiators leader? Most likely a lesbian, but she has that Saul dude who looks like a woman. So it's 50/50 there.

I bet your ass they would have added tranny leaders to the mod, but they can't make it work in Fallout so they don't.

Look at all the new or future nations more than 50% of their leaders are women and women.
>>
>>1786105
well hey, radiation can give acute brain damage so it seems reasonable enough that fags and people that think putting a woman in charge is a good idea exist in a post nuclear-apocalypse world
>>
>>1786107
Hold up, you're saying the Enclave was right about m*ties?
>>
>>1786105
montana brotherhood makes up for it by letting you go hayman and kill all the fags
>>
>>1786115
yes
>>
>>1786124
But that would make the Chosen One and the Lone Wanderer evil...
>>
>>1786154
yes
>>
>notice the S'lanter exist
>"fucking furries? seriously, devs?"
>google it
>find out that it is actually based around cut content and Fallout 1 was going to include FEV mutated raccoons that formed a civilization
well shit
turns out a fair bit of nations I thought were all fanfiction, at least on the West Coast, are indeed based on various cut content from the Fallout games
>>
>>1786077
That actually sounds amazing.

>>1786102
>like vanilla HOI4
Never played it haha. I have about 5k hours in EU4 so a lot of stuff in OWB makes sense. Drawing up battle plans is fiddly as fuck though and I don't know how to click on a province to see what terrain it has if a unit is on that province. Even on the terrain mapmode I expect to hover over the province and get a tooltip but it doesn't happen. Since the Washington BoS are where they are I'm just going to assume everything is deep forest and a nightmare to attack into.
I've quit playing for today but I'm going to follow your advice and see what I can make of having some monoplanes.

>if you are interested in robotics you can do robot nation or new vegas although the latter is a much slower game
I'm a sucker for Securitrons but I don't like the NV starting position for obvious reasons. Reclamation Army Depot looks interesting and from the leader text it seems they should be able to become Enclave?
>>
>>1786228
>Drawing up battle plans is fiddly as fuck though
yes
>I don't know how to click on a province to see what terrain it has if a unit is on that province
this is a OWB exclusive problem
you simply have to zoom out far enough until you are able to click on the province
>I'm just going to assume everything is deep forest and a nightmare to attack into
it's actually mostly hills are what you'll be dealing with after killing Olympus and going up against Yakima and the Cause
>Reclamation Army Depot looks interesting and from the leader text it seems they should be able to become Enclave?
unfortunately right now the Plaguelands are pretty unfinished, Reclamation especially so they have a generic focus tree right now
the best nations for robots from what I've seen is
>Robot City (easier to play)
>Brotherhood Chapters gets some robot bonuses to make up for lack of manpower, Texas Brotherhood being one of the go-to nations for beginners
>start as the Hangdogs and go down the WARDEN path
>New Vegas (a slow game in which you'll be spending most of the early game waiting and building up your army/industry; despite your intimidating starting position usually nobody will pick a fight with you until the winner of the Mojave is settled; if you want something to do you can go into the game setup menu and split up New Vegas so you can kill some time early game getting your territory back)
>Big Grass (have to survive a 4-way war but get advanced tech and quad walkers)
>Rio Grande gets big robot bonuses if you down the Rosado path
>Tlaloc
>Ejercito Mexicano
>TV Town (absolute bitch of a start but you get access to crazy shit like android terminators and will really start to snowball after surviving the early game)

also there is a Fallout music submod I recommend, the mod title is self explanatory
also once you have a few playthroughs under your belt there is the Enclave Reborn Redux, which is one of the best nations I've ever played in all of HOI4 and its mods
>>
>>1786295
twin mothers is also a really good robot nation
>>
Never understood why so many players jerk off the Enclave

Their power armor looks goofy, in both Fallout 2 and 3 they're massive hypocrites, and they're back to back losers
>>
>>1786403
The only thing that could make them worth of some "support" other than the armor is that they're the last official remnant of the actual US government, but in fallout 2 they're pretty much shown to be terrors with vertibirds, which makes the NCR the only one worth rooting for because of its democracy.
>>
File: 1714090886273.jpg (62 KB, 1200x600)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>1786713
Shame the NCR canonically loses while the Enclave continues to exist. :)
God bless America, God bless the Enclave and God bless nobody else.
>>
File: 1713709270858152.jpg (75 KB, 622x960)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>1786742
God bless America.
>>
>>1786105
>Esen
>Lesbian
Tf are you talking about? Did you even play her path? She's a fucking autistic who likes to kills people, fancy herself as genghis and it's simple minded as fuck. There is literally no hint for affection coming from her to anyone at all, besides the pacifist fella who runs the Khans at start, and he's more like a father figure.
There is almost nothing akin to that in all tags, stuff like Sisters is very very small compared to all zanny raider guilds and copypasted robot nations, stop projecting your headcanon into the game
>>
>>1786742
wait they kill off the NCR in the series? you're kidding right, they can't be this braindead.
>>
>>1786795
not only did they kill off the NCR it was almost entirely offscreen and the screentime they do get they have been reduced to a scuabbling band of raiders
New Vegas is next judging from the couple seconds of teaser at the emd of the season
>>
File: 1716989905202.jpg (54 KB, 1080x607)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>1786795
The crater Vault Bitch and her pet Brotha Hood of Steal member are standing in front of is what's left of Shady Sands.
I am not joking. Somehow Shady Sands was next to a destroyed city. Somehow.
Shady Sands got nuked and the NCR basically completely disappears save for a single remnant group that are geared up like raiders. Also, a cult.
>>
File: 20240508163308_1.jpg (289 KB, 2560x1440)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>1786295
>>1786399
Robot City and Twin Mothers seems quite interesting. One thing that is pissing me off is that everything seems to cost Army Experience which seems pretty hard to get. Even if I want to build up some templates that costs mana.
Something else I am googling like fuck but drawing a blank on is how do you assign garrison forces? After taking out Olympus and Kamaha or w/e they sabotaged all their factories. The kicker is though that those factories just repaired so I don't even know if it's worth making an enforcer template and even if I did, i can't see how you assign it to occupied territories.

>>1786403
>and they're back to back losers
kek that's a bit of a crap argument. Think on it this way, if you died once while playing Fallout 2 or 3, the Enclave won. The Enclave are given lots of power and danger so that defeating them is more rewarding. In a written story, their only purpose is to be defeated.
If you want to go into canon then sure, it's canon that they are defeated at Navarro, in DC but going by the canon of the TV show where they are still active and with enough resources to have a very productive RnD division, can you say they've been defeated?
>>
File: MarkedMan.png (315 KB, 272x769)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
>>1786809
The thing is, I'm not even opposed to the NCR getting destroyed, it was just done so fucking badly.
>no bands of NCR soldiers in Marked Men-esque hastily repaired armor
>no vault dweller getting dragged into a petty faction war between two pathetic NCR remnant groups
>NCR didn't collapse under its own weight/due to an embarrassing defeat in the Legion war/Brahmin baron fuckery/literally anything else but UHM UH WAR NEVER CHANGES NOOKS
>>
>>1786809
>>1786805
So a parliamentary democracy, the one government type that's notoriously stable, just disappears and is turned into a religious cluster of maniacs due to one (1) city getting nuked. yeah nah I don't think I'll bother watching this show
>>
>>1786825
To be fair, the NCR wasn't exactly stable.
But having the capital be nuked and then having the entire NCR, and evidence of settlements made by the NCR completely vanish was retarded.
>>
>>1786812
>everything seems to cost Army Experience which seems pretty hard to get
get regular xp via advisor abilities, assigning army traditions in the officer tab, and drilling troops, you can shift click to drill units until they hit regular in which case they won't get anymore individual xp however you still get army xp but note that drilling caps their Org at IIRC 35% and gives them attrition while they drill so don't drill if you think you're about to go to war
>how do you assign garrison forces?
garrison forces are automatically assigned to occupied territory
if you click your top right flag icon and go to the occupied territory you can assign what division template you use and what method you use to pacify territory
but most would recommend you make a designated garrison template
since garrisoning happens offscreen and isn't a unit you have to actually raise and train yourself you don't have to focus on combat stats and instead suppression
for that militia is good is you're starting off and don't have an industry base
enforcers are an improved militia but at the cost of needing armor, bonus is they have good combat stats as well you can slowly start replacing infantry with enforcers as you get more mils
also a dog support company is even more recommended for their suppression bonus as well
basically start out with 4 militia and add dog support when you get the mils then swap the militia to enforcers, then slowly add more and more enforcers as you get the industry and manpower to support it
BUT keep in mind that even though you aren't seeing garrison units being trained they are still pulling from your manpower and supply pool so keep in mind if you make a big garrison template too soon you'll find yourself in a mapower and weapon deficit
same with occupation policy
wasteland pacification is ideal but costs a great deal more of your manpower
>>
>>1786812
>>1786854
>I don't even know if it's worth making an enforcer template
the better you can suppress the quicker the resistance goes down and compliave goes up in occuplied territory which means the faster you can core them
and as a EU4 player I know you can understand the benefits of cored vs uncored territory because it works almost the same way in HOI4
>>
>>1786854
oh also you get daily xp by sending attaches in countries at war
unfortunately it is more difficult to in OWB because diplomatic reluctance is very high and you can't use increase relations in this mod

and you can also lower resistance with your spies
>>
>>1786860
>>1786855
>>1786854
The whole garrison thing is pretty confusing. I have to create a template but the units do not exist on paper/screen? I'll have a look at it later and see if I can apply what you are saying to what is going on on the screen. I creamAPId all the dlcs when I saw that spies could suppress.
Also yeah, I saw that dogs add a good level of breakthrough. I would not mind mixing them up in among the raider units.
>>
>>1786955
>I have to create a template but the units do not exist on paper/screen?
the template that garrisons can be any template you want, even your bog standard infantry you have on your frontlines you can set as the designated garrison however I simply suggested a designated garrison template is both more cost effective and suppression effective
the template that you set as the garrison the game simply takes its stats and applies it to occupied territory to suppress while removing manpower and equipment to simulate those forces suppressing the population

all you have to do is make a template, set that template to be your garrson template, and the game takes care of rest with you going in to update the template with more companies as your logistics allow
the game usually even has the best garrison template selected automatically but it doesn't hurt to check
>I would not mind mixing dogs up in among the raider units
dogs are decent but anti-tank/fire support/demolitions are more effective overall UNLESS you get stat boosts on dogs
maybe you could get away with using them in your offensive divisions but I'd wait until you get high tech levels in the dog tree

I'd gladly talk about good template builds if you so desire
>>
>>1786989
not him but what are fireteams good for I never use them
>>
>>1786989
What about

X X X X X
X X Y X X

Where x = infantry and y = combined arms platoon. I wouldn't mind seeing what some good template builds are so I know what not to research.
>>
>>1786403
their power armor being ugly is the main reason I dislike them desu.
>>
>>1787017
fireteam is primarily a defensive company so good for defense like infantry although you should pick anti-tank over them as far as support companies go

>>1787037
believe it or not that is the ideal all-round infantry build and you toss in chems and anti-tank as support and you're golden
max combat width in OWB is 60 so 10, 20, and 30 width divisions are most effective, 30 being reserved for offensive units but 20 gets the job done just fine
combat arms is good because you're getting the benefits of AT, FT, & DEM with half the cost
>30 Org is the golden rule for all units, however, but more is always better
high soft attack is good but it won't do any damage without first getting through enemy defense, which is where breakthrough comes in, especially important due to OWB being very infantry heavy
you can slowly swap infantry with enforcers for the defense but again do so as you can afford military factory amd manpower wise, some nations can't afford it

ideally you have infantry as a defense to hold the line and mobile inf/special forces/tanks to be the offensinve pushers but 9 Inf/1 combined arms can also push in most cases
mobile infantry is a similar build but you can eventualy replace half with mobile enforcers and one mobile demolition and one mobile fireteam
for special forces and power armor just do 20/30 width
you can experiment but keep an eye on the parachute icon in the design screen, if it has an x it means you added a company that isn't capadle of paradrops
>>
File: richard-makk-x1showcase.jpg (580 KB, 1920x1636)
580 KB
580 KB JPG
>>1787122
must be subjective because I think it's badass
>>
>>1786181
They were cut early in development for a reason
>>
File: 1715449817811872.png (342 KB, 640x320)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>1787122
enclave PA is cool though?
>>
File: 456456456.jpg (991 KB, 1500x844)
991 KB
991 KB JPG
>>1787122
Retard with no drip detected
>>
>>1787122
leave this board
>>
File: 20240624101836_1.jpg (823 KB, 2560x1440)
823 KB
823 KB JPG
>>1787165
>ideally you have infantry as a defense to hold the line and mobile inf/special forces/tanks to be the offensinve pushers
This was my plan. To let the raider infantry be the line holders and to micro manage the power armour units. For these small wars up in the NW that seems managable but I could see it being tough if up against the NCR or fighting on multiple fronts, for example.
>for special forces and power armor just do 20/30 width
Nice, thanks. I was wondering if it was really that simple or if I had to add in mechanics or w/e.
Even though I've done some research I don't think I have access to dedicated medic or anti-tank units yet.

I've just (rage)quit for now. I spent 20 months justifying a war only to get trolled by a river between me and the Sylix Nation.

Thanks for the advice man, I've been scrolling back reading as I get more into the game and it helps out a lot.
>>
>>1787037
I usually have a 3x3 infantry with 1 fireteam, support companies as chems, AT and fireteam. These guys just hold the line while I micro with my pushing template.
Then I'll have a 3x3 SF/PA/tanks/whatever pushing unit with 1 demolitions, support companies as chems, AT and demolitions, plus whatever gimmick support companies I feel like.
You could have a mechanized fast infantry template too if you want but virtually every country can be successful with these two template genres.
>>
>>1787420
>only to get trolled by a river between me and the Sylix Nation.
river crossings are hard to see sometimes
many rivers in this game are treated as ocean tiles for the sake of naval gameplay
if you click on the set frontline button you can see the spots where you share a border with a country, those spots beings the places you invade from
of course there is also paradropping but I doubt you are far along enough in air tech for transport planes
I am pretty sure you can reach them via naval invasion though
>>
File: 20240624151156_1.jpg (565 KB, 2048x1152)
565 KB
565 KB JPG
>>1787539
>river crossings are hard to see sometimes
They sure are. This part here was my only border with the Sylix but there is no river crossing at all. Instead of doing a naval invasion I'm going to take Koover and then go east from there.
>>
>>1787533
The issue for me is always getting to that point when I have fuckall for factories at the start and can't actually produce all the equipment I need. I could just turtle, sure, but then I lose the snowball game
>>
>>1787573
Early game you shouldn't be worried about optimizing your templates, you won't have the factories or the AE for it to be useful. My focus early game is usually on gradually building enough infantry to fill out a front line.
>>
>>1787559
>I'm going to take Koover and then go east from there
ah the ol' "invade a nation just because you need to circumvent defensive positions of another nation you are at war with", a German favorite
well I do know that Sylix amd Kamlo go at it in just about every game I've played so just be aware that if Kamlo didn't go to war with Sylix yet they may declare on you instead if they get claims on Sylix land and you take it
>>
File: 20240621130333_1.jpg (591 KB, 2560x1440)
591 KB
591 KB JPG
>>1787624
>well I do know that Sylix amd Kamlo go at it in just about every game I've played so just be aware that if Kamlo didn't go to war with Sylix yet they may declare on you instead if they get claims on Sylix land and you take it
Yeah the Kamlo and Sylix are in a war so I declared on Kamlo and went for it. This is a learning experience because I want to see if I can take land that was originally Sylix but which Kamlo have occupied. I'm fully expecting some paradox fuckery where I end up with nothing or at best get a massive border gore but I need to keep expanding or another member of my faction will take over the faction.
Also I'm used to cassus belli for a fabricated claim lasting 25 years in EU4. In OWB it lasts 2.5 months lmao.
>>
File: 20240625111953_1.jpg (594 KB, 2048x1152)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>1788288
Alright, idk how that even happened because I wasn't in war with the Sylix Nation. I need to work out what to click to get air forces working now that I have some fighters and some ground support monoplanes because MacArthur is growing rapidly in the east and I'm doing some missions that I think will get me a justification for war on the Troll Warren.
>>
>>1788288
>I want to see if I can take land that was originally Sylix but which Kamlo have occupied
so if two nations are at war with a different nation then even though the enemy of your enemy is your friend you will be competeing against them if you look at the war participation
more participation mean more stuff you get in the peace deal so even if Kamlo occupies most of Sylix, if you somehow have the majority of war participation or have more claims then you can get the lions share of all that land however unlike EU4 the AI is actually active in peace deals and takes land on their own instead of telling you what to give them
>another member of my faction will take over the faction
lul so even though you're getting that notification actually in this mod they can't unless you go into game setup prior to starting the game
>In OWB it lasts 2.5 months lmao
yeah they are very short don't justify if you aren't ready to go to war almost immediately however most casus bellis you get via focuses, events, and decisions last forever
>>
>>1788329
>I need to work out what to click to get air forces working now that I have some fighters and some ground support monoplanes
alright so first things first hit F3 for air view, then click on an air base (the thing shaped like an airplane) in your or allies land then click the glowing plus sign to add an air squadron to that base
if an air squadron(s) is selected and fully deployed you can right click on a different air base to move the air squadron over there
when air squadron(s) are selected you can choose their flying habits (they are on no retreat by default but most of the time I set it to normal operation and day/night flight)
then with a squadron(s) selected you can select their role and right click on a region within their operational range to assign them to operate in that region, I have fighters on air superiority and some occasionally on on CAS if I have a lot of them and CAS I have set to CAS and occasionally Logi bombing if I have a lot of them and Strat bombers are niche use with me I rarely use them but if I have a big air force with some Strat bombers them I have them logi bombing on my frontline region and Strat bombing the enemy capital region

if you have your armies up on the bottom of your screen there you can then press F3, select whatever air squadrons you would like to and press the plus icon above a general's head to attach that squadron to that army which will then follow and operate in the regions that army moves into when you go to war
makes microing your air much much easier

also I'm playing the Washington BoS along you because you put me in the mood to play them as I actually haven't yet but I noticed none of their focuses actually give access to vertibirds which is turbo gay I think all Enclave and Brotherhood nations should get guaranteed eventual access to vertiburds so I decided that, only when I'm completely finished the air branch of the focus tree, I will cheat in vertibird schematics but only the schematics
>>
File: Our presidents.jpg (759 KB, 5000x2812)
759 KB
759 KB JPG
Why is ERB redux the best sub mod?
>>
I wish the S'Lanter were canon in the actual series.
>>
>>1788517
Bethesda will make the wacky racoons canon in the second season of the Fallout tv show.
>>
>>1788525
If they do that and bring back sentient Deathclaws I may be able to forgive them for some of their transgressions
>>
>>1788526
based furfag
i support this only because it makes avellone seethe
>>
File: 1710905352704419.jpg (25 KB, 512x256)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>1788513
Because it's an enclave mod.
>>
>>1786795
Bethesda hated Fallout New Vegas that much, yes.
>>
>>1788356
Thanks for the guide.
>also I'm playing the Washington BoS along you because you put me in the mood to play them as I actually haven't yet
I'm not a BoS fag but the Washington Brotherhood feels like it could be part of the lore. I just wish there was more dynamic and scripted events to do with the research facility they found in the ruins of Seattle.

Also, thanks for the effort post. I guarantee you that It will be put to good use tomorrow when I fire the game back up.
>>
>>1788609
Washington BoS is one of the first majors the modders made and like Paradox their first nations they give uniqie content to are not fleshed out as later nations with unique content and they'd rather continue going forward than go back to revamp old focus trees
it's the same thing thar happens in vanilla HOI4

also yeah I think Seattle and the way they set up the lore of the area would make for the perfect location for the next Fallout
they did the desert, the did big cities, they did swamps, they did appalachia
what they DIDN'T do is temperate rainforests with heavy downpours and nuclear winter
you got Seattle, a city of thunder and lightning occupied by a corrupted Brotherhood of Steel, the Wardens that got kicked out by the Brotherhood, various raider gangs the Brotherhood is trying to consolodate as fodder, the remnants of The Master's army to the south, pirates off the coast, and Vancouver to the north to explore and flesh out what happened with the US's annexation of Canada
>>
If you have sophisticated tech for both, why would you ever go for spec ops when you could go pa?
>>
>>1788744
Harder to pump out enough PA to fill the special forces cap if you don't have a lot of military factories.
>>
>>1788737
Chicago Enclave is gonna be fire
>>
>>1788744
I'm pretty sure spec ops actually gets you more stats per combat width. The only thing you lose is armor and hardness.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.