[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vt/ - Virtual YouTubers

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GRpy3Z4XwAAn4OB.jfif.jpg (964 KB, 1772x1772)
964 KB
964 KB JPG
she really gets away with everything
Rindofags BTFO
>>
Rindo is open source, no? That's how it's supposed to work.
>>
>>79906305
I don’t believe she’s actually open source no, it’s probably some sort of license in between actual OSS and closed source. The guy who made it has sued Japanese vtubers who is it to make $$$. I believe filian has mentioned paying $40 for it which you wouldn’t do for true OSS
>>
>>79906510
*use it to make $$$
>>
>>79906510
Huh, I guess you're right. I double checked the license agreement and it specifies the owner retains her IP. Weird.
>>
>>79906193
eww
>>
what stoping her to redesign her own like neuro did? or even better commission the og artist
>>
>>79909270
She feels like rindo is her brand now and is afraid of swapping and people not liking the new model.
>>
>>79906193
I love this womanchild
>>
>>79909270
didn't Shylily pay 80k for her new model and people didn't like it?
might as well continue to use Rindo
>>
>>79909502
yes and the problem with the models arms race is that everything needs twenty billion layers and small detailing to look decent so it’s kind of all or nothing, you have to commit to it.
>>
>>79906193
>>79906929
From the Rindo license agreement
>Corporate Use: Please contact the Licensor
>Use for tangible goods: Please contact the Licensor
Perms were prob confirmed privately
>Special Note: Credit must be provided for commerical use.
Goodsmile/Filian fucked up here.
>>
>>79909384
Just do legally-distinct Rindo like Neuro did
>>
>>79910397
They almost certainly made some sort of deal in exchange for right to corpo use
>>
>>79910397
Yeah anon, you're right, they fucked up, they totally didn't make a deal with the licensor.
>>
>>79911053
He's talking specifically about how the announcement doesn't credit the artist
And before you say anything, yes they do credit the artist/designer in these images when called for
>>
>>79911053
I don't see Jingo mentioned in the nendo announcement, and it's literally his stock model. Filian doesn't own the rights to it so it's a violation to label it as her nendo. Japs don't fuck around with IP.
>>
>>79911304
>>79911313
You're right, GoodSmileCompany is a fairly new startup that has no experience working with others IPs.
>>
>>79911498
It's possible they worked something out, it's just that it's also possible they didn't. And nothing right now to prove it either way. Filian is actually enough of a dumbass to make merch out of an IP she doesn't own and it's not obvious 4chan's owner knew Rindo belonged to someone else.
>>
There is no fucking way GSC would make an announcement if they didn't have an agreement in place with the right people. JP corpos can be stupid but not regarding IP rights.
>>
>>79910397
>>79911313
>>79911697
The nendo or the even the fucking prototype isn't even out yet
>>
>>79911697
Filian literally said multiple times that she have a contract with rindo creator that allows her to sell merch and stuff with this model.
>>
>>79909741
>>79909502
You need to move horizontally not try to "upgrade" it.
>>
>>79911498
>experienced companies can't fuck up anymore

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.