[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712188495553736.jpg (78 KB, 720x960)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
If I want to write a comic book, but can't draw, how do I go about finding an artist?
>>
>>1456617
hire one. plenty of job sites out there, but twitter will of course work too. search for "commissions open"
depending on the amount of pages, the skill of the artist, and the complexity of the art required, it will probably run you somewhere north of 300-500 per page
>>
>>1456630
Thanks.
>300-500 per page.
I honestly think it would be cheaper to learn to draw.
>>
I can't say for certain this will work for you, but I befriended a ton of artists in one fandom by offering to start scanlations for their favorite series. It's been a couple of years and I think at least two or three of them would agree to do a short comic with me if they were interested.
>>
>>1456644
Well, lets assume you're making a 40 page comic, which seems pretty average to me. That will run you 12-20k for art. The artist will take probably a good 3 months to make the art. Would you pay someone 48-80k per year as a comic artist?
Additionally, if your comic is any good, can you sell probably 50-70k worth of comics when factoring in distribution?
All questions you have to ask yourself.
Some artists are willing to work on a cut of the finished product, with little pay up front. Getting a nice sweet deal like this will require some charisma and business acumen on your part, but it's another option.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.