[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: out.webm (1011 KB, 800x350)
1011 KB
1011 KB WEBM
Hi, so, me and a friend want to make an animated PC wallpaper similar to the banner girls from Blue Archive. Basically.
>Character just moving around
>Character gets happy if you move the cursor around their her head very fast
I know about programing and he knows about animation and drawing, so I think we got the skills, I just want to know what kind of tool, programing language or framework I need to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
>>
Live2D would do the animation and the wallpaper script can be made in wallpaper engine. I don't know the specifics off hand but I've seen wallpapers that do similar things with that program.
>>
>>1456646
>>>/wg/8035159
>>
File: Realniggaalert.png (1.89 MB, 1920x1080)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
That looks so cool
>>
File: INEEDMOMMYSMILKANDANAP.png (1.39 MB, 1920x1080)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
>>1456664
That doesn’t look like the same thing
That sounds like a website that is accessible from a browser.
Where it seems like OP is talking about desktop background outside of a browser and independent from a browser
I know the locally hosted webpage doesn’t need Internet connection since it’s hosted locally, but it doesn’t sound like desktop icons will be in front of a locally hosted website, It will just be inside a browser window…
If I’m retarded though, I’m retarded
>>
windows 98 active desktop
real cool until you get a virus
>>
>>1456664
>>1456666
Exactly. I'm not looking for making a custom welcome page for my web browser, I'm looking for having an animated wallpaper desktop that can take the input from user cursor and alter the animations according to that.
>>1456651
The wallpaper engine seems like a good point where to start digging, although it's not open source, I'm looking for a FOSS implementation. I was researching a little bit yesterday and found this:
https://youtu.be/sv-O7E6RM7I
Which I think can be adapted to my use case; since an animation is just a sequence of images, I'd have to just take the user's cursor position and change the background according to it's position and speed.
>>1456665
Yes, It does look cool, that's why I want to make something like that.
>>
>>1456683
I was going to suggest going back to Active Desktop as a joke but it's based on IE4 and nothing interactive runs on that shit
>>
>>1456646
not OP, but I'm also curious.
Can you do this in win 10/11?
>>
>>1456728
hated it so much, my mom refused to upgrade to XP and several times a year I had to manually remove viruses and worms and stuff
>>
>>1456799
Geez man, seems like a pain in the ass. How's your mom nowadays?
>>
>>1456855
lol I don't really talk to her anymore
>>
>>1456859
Poor mom, go ahead a fix her computer viruses, maybe a Russian hacker kidnapped her and she's in danger right now!
>>
Not OP and I don't talk to my mom either, because "she's sure I'm gay" and "I'm a shame for the family" (I'm not actually gay, I'm just an incel) this happened because my sis arranged this date with me and one of her friends, and I left early because she was a whale, and had a horrible character, so she was like "why don't you talk to her?"
"she has big boobs" "are you gay?" and she and her friends started rumors that I was gay (but I'm not), and then my mom heard about it, and started treating me like shit, instead of believing me, and invaded my privacy a lot (so I didn't do gay stuff in private, I guess), I couldn't hold it anymore and just left home and haven't talked to them since (maybe they think I'm dead or something, I couldn't care less).
now, back to OP asking, I just have stuff like this calling it "live 2d wallpaper"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-SMyq46KYU
but It's just some animated wallpaper (like having a video in the background), I don't know of anything which can be interacted with and have a reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_E9xi6yIuc
(besides those old desktop strip girls).

I remember someone said once that you could use some html instead of a desktop, so maybe you could get some interactive stuff in that format and use it there, but I haven't seen anyone doing that yet.
Also what OS are you using?
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.