[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0078.jpg (55 KB, 298x403)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Long time lurker. Recently I’ve noticed that when I click on a webm it doesn’t offer to download it anymore. It just opens and plays it in a new tab. I browse on iOS on my iPad and phone. I can’t find a way of saving webms to files app anymore. Any ideas.?
>>
>>1457813
I don't own any Apple products, but after opening the webm in a new tab, have you tried holding your finger on the video, until a menu pops up?

(Google says it works like that with images. I assume it's the same with videos.)
>>
>>1457813
Have you pressed the 3 dots and pressed download?
>>
lol itoddlers be like 'i love my iphone so much!! even though they have to go through hoops to do stuff that android has been able to do since day one
>>
>>1457813
My best guess is that iPhone used to not support VP8/VP9, because it's an open format (by Google), and Apple is against openness. (They rely in incompatibility to stay dominant.) Browsers have specific ways to handle different file types. If you open something that is not supported, they don't know what to do with it so they ask if you want to download it instead. If they now support it, that means the file is played in the browser as intended, and you have to do an extra step if you want to download it instead.

>>1457867
Due to the success of the first iPhone, other smartphone companies copied most of their bad decisions, including Google with their Android OS. Phones are for emergencies like calling your mom to pick you up from school when your bullies slashed your bicycle tire. For adults they're really just for calling 9/11. Real work and entertainment are done on a desktop pc.
>>
>>1457942
>Phones are for emergencies like calling your mom to pick you up from school when your bullies slashed your bicycle tire. For adults they're really just for calling 9/11.
Is this an opinion you honestly hold? Do you really need to redefine what SMARTphones "should" be used for just because an apple product is incapable of executing simple tasks, such as download video from the internet?
>>
File: 1587261934894.webm (690 KB, 720x720)
690 KB
690 KB WEBM
Try this website:
https://cloudconvert.com/webm-to-mp4
Copy this webm's URL, or another one if you have the one you want handy.
Click "Select File" and then "By URL".
>>
>>1457996
Phones just really really suck compared to desktop computers. The software has to be adapted to the tiny screen and lack of keyboard. It's such a shitty experience, it's simply not worth it, and I'd rather be doing nothing. If I have to travel by train I'll bring a book or some printed pages. It's much better than a tiny screen.

The thing is, we're all addicted to the internet. We'd be better off if al the entertainment disappeared and it was just a utility, to send mail and order products. At least I can escape the internet by going outside. If I had a phone I'd get sucked in and browse memes and news even more than I already do. And on a shitty screen without a real keyboard. And then when I got home, I'd forgo the big screen and sit on the couch browsing memes on my shitty smartphone, and my life would be worse.
>>
>>1457832
Yeah I have for some reason it it tries to do do this magnify thing that they recently added. No options to copy or save.
>>
>>1457838
There isn’t a download option when you press the three dots with the Webm open in a separate tab.
>>
>>1457942
This is exactly what I was thinking as there was a recent update and that’s when I think the change took place. The only problem is they didn’t add the step to download them. Just view them online. At least from what I can tell.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.