[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I have no experience with the Raspberry Pi.

I found a cheap one online and I wonder if I should buy it. It's a Raspberry Pi 3 model B, pictures below.
Considering the way it looks in these pictures, should I buy it?

I only have one TV set at home and it's not a smart TV.
With this Raspberry Pi, would I have Netflix, Youtube and other streaming services?
Do they work well?
Also, how's the web browsing?

And I know it's good for emulation, I fully expect systems up to the Super Nintendo to work well, but does it work at all with N64 emulation?

Considering that my goals with this device are basically streaming Youtube and Netflix (maybe other services too), internet browsing and old games, should I buy it?
If you tell me the internet browsing is slow or poor, and that streaming services look like shit or load slowly or are hard to set up, should I not buy this one, save some extra cash and buy a more modern Raspberry Pi?
>>
These are the pics the seller provided, if they help.
>>
>>1460439
>>1460440
There is a reason its being sold, it's shit.
>>
>>1460442
How exactly is it shit?

It wouldn't work for my purposes of streaming, web browsing and old game emulation?

Should I buy a more modern model?
>>
>>1460439
No that model is not very good. Even wouldn't recommend Pi4 for your usecase. Pi is very good for general computing but struggle with tasks tasks that require a lot of power such as video encoding
Get an nvidia shield if you want to make your tv a smart tv

I have a few Pis and use them to deploy my own apps on. these are simple scripts/scrapers. It's also decent for hosting light websites or a low powered server
>>
>>1460439
Pi 3 doesn't support widevine DRM, you can't stream anything on that unless you pirate it.
You'd need a Pi 4 or higher for full speed N64 support.
If you want streaming just get an nvidia shield. Or if you're poor get the onn streaming box from Walmart.
>>
File: 1714906182821.jpg (449 KB, 2000x2000)
449 KB
449 KB JPG
>>1460439
I have one running a MAME cabinet but that's about all I'd use it for. It struggles with even early 3D games like Ikaruga

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.