[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Last night I had a dream where I became something like a magical martial arts master (like an anime power system) and had the knowledge of a lot of techniques.
While in dream I lost completely any memory of my existence in this world.
As my eyes began to open every thing I ever know in that dream fade away all I got now is a foggy memory about it.
So I was wondering dose reincarnation work like that ? cuz I forgot completely my current existing but I still hold something that defines me I fealt it within me is that the core of consciousness?
If it's then dose that mean the consciousness keeps existing even if the person woke up from a coma against the saying that a new consciousness emerge?
>>
Don't worry about it bro, the best advice I can give you is to learn how to lucid dream if you don't already, that way YOU have a higher chance of carrying your memory when you die.
>>
>>37722830
Also here's a pearl. Don't disappoint me
>>
>>37721209
Can you make one simple question?
>>
>>37722830
I'm not really worry about it. It's just the fact that even losing all my memory something deep inside me stays the same I can't describe it but it's the same awareness of my current state if it's make sense. So it got me wonder a bout the theory that consciousness disappear if you woke up from a coma and new on emerge (I know sleeping doesn't equal coma but the idea of loosing all your memories of this existing and get replaced with completely different ones yet something in the base stays the same got me wondering)
>>
>>37721209
eventually you can identify the acting entities in your dreams. they have the same fake almost ghetto energy. then when you wake up you realize dreams are always either completely made up by your mind + entities playing roles or revelations + entities playing roles. you differentiate them by being honest with what you already knew and what you never thought about before such dreams.
lucid dreaming probably serves as a double-edged sword upon death. you'd have more awareness, but if you don't know the way home/entities take hold of you, you're just keenly aware of the shit situation you'd be in. like those rare accounts of people feeling the all the pain during surgeries even though their bodies were put to sleep.
>>
>>37724336
I don't know about those entities but the part about my mind is probably true cuz I mentioned anime power system, plus what you mean by revelation? Like my existence in parallel universe?
>>
>>37721209
Don't know.

But out of all the lucid dream exploring I do, the dreams when "I" have extremely elaborate memories are the most intriguing. Especially at that moment of lucidity where you have basically two brains inside of you at one point. You get to have this delicious exercise of picking apart your memories trying to figure out which ones are yours or not.

Sometimes it gets even crazier, you have memories of a slightly different life, you force yourself to wake up suddenly and your room looks different for a few moments, and you get up and are generally confused why your bathroom isnt in the right place.
>>
>>37721209
Kinda yeah, yeah
>>
>>37722850
Your pearl is a swine.
>>
>>37724656
I have similar experience for example if I happened to be in an environment similar to one I experienced before, If I closed my eyes thinking about my memories of the similar ones. I feel like I'm completely in the environment that I thought about.
But about it being a lucid dream doesn't that destroy the premise that it's different life or the thoughts of consciousness continuity in different life? cuz the moment you realize it's a dream that's mean you aware of your memories and that this is nothing but a fabrication of your mind?
>>
>>37724881
>what you mean by revelation? Like my existence in parallel universe?
although you are following (as no one, not even the chief ruler can help it) your fate (when, where, how, and why you will die), you'll sometimes come to points of would-be permanent stagnation and need to be pushed forward. when what you need is a reminder of your mission pre-birth or a new idea/knowledge, you'll have those dreams. selfish or benevolent entities may still take up the acting roles but the end result will be the same.
>>
>>37725369
meant to reply to >>37724586
>>
>>37721209
>dose that mean the consciousness keeps existing
Yes, you got it! That's the best explanation for consciousness.
Consciousness doesn't end with physical death, rather it changes into the experience of a new life. When you sleep, consciousness shifts into the dream world. When you awaken, consciousness shifts back into material reality. When a material being dies, consciousness shifts to another being of experience. In a sense, every conscious being or entity is the same, with just the mask and environment being different. When you meditate you can tap into that fundamental being. Being=I am.
This means consciousness is eternal and human life is like a dream. The experiences come and go with only faint memories and the effects on the world that remain. No one remembers the humans that lived hundreds of years ago or the experience of a dinosaur long ago. The kicker here is that free will is an illusion. You're along for the ride and the ride never ends. Time is also an illusion. Everything already exists. It's like reading through a book. It's all there and you follow along chronologically. This is how the universe comes to know itself.
>>
>>37725684
Thats fucking ridiculous. How do you reconcile getting conked in the head resulting in losing memory and levels of consciousness lol
>>
>>37725926
I mean if my dream have any weight (literally revealed to me in a dream) then maybe consciousness is the base of structure called personality that's built from your experience through the years or let's say your memories cuz personality seems little complicated.
So when you lose memory the base aka your consciousness stays the same.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.