[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hallucinogenic Persistent Perception Disorder. Psyops welcome. Please explain.
>>
>>37725618
What they see so how do they feeel? how does their body feel
>>
>>37725618
looks like brain damage from to many drugs
Unless u can se e the demon idk what else that is Other thad brain damage
>>
File: 1707480802678114m.jpg (85 KB, 597x1024)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
Sometimes when I'm walking outside it seems as if all the clouds, no matter what direction I turn in, are moving away from me.

I don't understand how the wind could be doing that unless there are different strata going in different directions with similar clouds. But then wouldn't I be able to see them crossing over each other?
>>
>>37725618
amatuer. come back to me when your vision starts having a flicker rate - that there be the refresh rate of the head visor they got secured to yer head as they run the Semulation....

I'm only half-joking
>>
One time the floater turned into a feather. Pretty cool right?
>>
>>37725695
All I read is semen
>>
It is your third eye vision, numbnuts of course the government wont let you in on that one
>>
>>37725695
Oh this happens to me when I wake up. No wonder I hate it here.
>>
>>37726776
Makes sense considering when I look myself in the eye in the mirror I look at the place in which my third eye would be
>>
>>37725618
Floaters are bits of gunk that collected in the fluid in your eye
The small moving light points are white blood cells casting a shadow on the back of your eye
The visual snow is related to tinnitus, it's sometimes causes by seizures, it's a misfiring of nerves or something like that
>>
>>37725618
I experience it under certain light conditions
I think it may be related to how copper and other microscopic metals can accumulate in your eye as it will cause your eye to also reflect light out of it differently to the point some conditions make people have "cat eyes" that light up under the right lighting
>>
Simply the "impossibility" (who knows whether it can go away) for one who has observed an additional layer to the composition of their visual perception to not notice this additional layer.

What you see you cannot unsee. I'm sure you could find people who have not done hallucinogens who experience similar phenomenon to those who have HPPD.
>>
>>37727154
i never had VS before doing acid, i'm autistic and would 100% record that in my memory
>>
>>37727217
Not to say that I KNOW this but:
You did. Your BRAIN never processed it however. Not YOU the person who is so observant, but the BRAIN which is an input processing machine. The acid caused a change in the input processing, and you 100% recorded that new processing, and so now you cannot help but notice a layer which all your life was discarded as useless noise.

Ponder the mandela effect.
>>
>>37727262
shut the fuck up moron i literally saw paintings start to melt and drip in the right light in the dark when i was 7 but i never saw shit like that
>>
>>37727281
You're not understanding what I'm saying. You are correct that you never saw shit like that. The snow is an inherent aspect of the visual processing pipeline, and one that is normally filtered out. It was not something that was EVER visible to you. But it was THERE (not in your perceptible vision), in the neural processing chain, discarded before it could ever be comprehended by any part of your conscious brain.
>>
>>37727362
so ur tellin me u can constantly envision my dick looking at u from every window but u just dont perceive it because ur currently not suckin mine
>>
really though that is a VERY valid rebuttal because how can you know you're not filtering a stupid hallucination until you actually do see it ergo removal of the filter
>>
>>37725618
I have this. I play with the floaters all the time
>>
>>37725618
These floaters in op picrel are pretty much spot on to what I see.
>>
>>37725618
weird related question what do people think about visual snow syndrome. The symptoms are exactly the same as HPPD, and occasionally it is also gained by people who have meditated a lot.

Any spiritual significance to essentially being born with HPPD
>>
>>37725618
oh my fucking god i have this...
>>
>>37725618
My doctor said the snow and moving lights are just reflections from sunlight, and totally normal.
But then why can't anyone else I know see it? Why does it look like it travels in "streams" in the air? Why do certain people have more or less "static" around them?
>>
>>37725618
Only time I see visual snow is when it's dark. Everything goes kinda static. The points don't move, more they blip in and out of existence rapidly exactly like tv static. Makes it hard to see in dark places
>>
File: 1684562944372021.jpg (339 KB, 1200x396)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>37725618
Your pic has nothing to do with it
>>
>>37728176
your fucking eyes are fucked up. That's all it is. I got it too. And our shit is fucked. Other people don't see it because their eyes are better. Maybe you have better other parts?
>>
File: dream.jpg (330 KB, 1024x1024)
330 KB
330 KB JPG
>>37725618
It's been an issue for me since I was a child, however the 25i did exacerbate the effect.
>visual snow
literally seeing the blood pulse through the eye, and watching the cone cells determine information
>floaters
dead cells
>negative afterimage
the opposite of visual snow, rather than watching the cones fire, you're watching them resolve darkness.
>>
>>37728240
Are you suggesting the eye doctor, did not properly evaluate my eyes, and they are having a defect causing the "snow " and "lights"?
>>
>>37728285
I never said your doctor didn't "properly evaluated" you. I just said your eyes are fucked up. Seeing lights and snow and all that isn't unheard of but most people don't see that. Or at least they don't talk about it. Who knows?
>>
>>37728340
If my eyes are fucked up then why couldn't throw doctor tell? Should I get more tests? Can the eyes with the snow/light seeing disease be repaired like a cataract? Are you on eye drops to help?
>>
I have this, I think it’s because my eyesight is really bad. Or because I have PTSD? No idea. You learn to live with it. I have tinnitus as well so I can’t think about any of it too much or I’ll get depressed knowing others experience a much more beautiful world than I do.
>>
>>37728362
Visual snow isn’t a problem with your eyes but a problem with your brain and the way the brain recieves information from your eyes. It’s more common with mental illnesses that can change your perception of things like schizophrenia, PTSD, BPD, etc
>>
File: anime_boy_edgy_insane.png (467 KB, 900x900)
467 KB
467 KB PNG
>>37728394
>isn’t a problem with your eyes but a problem with your brain
>more common with mental illnesses
>schizophrenia, PTSD, BPD, etc

Whatever anon, you've moved from saying its the eyes being fucked up, to it being somewhat normal, to now calling me crazy for even asking. I think I have discovered the reason no one talks about this.
>>
>negative image of landscape

what? i can't figure that one out
>>
>>37726888
Floaters: the squiggly, opaque floaters are fungus, yeast or possibly parasites. The black dot floater is a white blood cell hunting foreign invaders down.
Tinnitus: communication you can't fully perceive due to the limitations of human hearing.
Visual snow: beginnings of piercing the veil. Breaking on through the other side if you will.
>>
I've had it since I was a kid. I didn't even realize it till I mentioned the "vortex" in the sky and nobody else knew what I was talking about. I'll list some of the things I experience.

1. When the sky is bright blue, the clear parts of the sky appear to have a "pulsing vortex" with an opaque black color, that's the best way I describe it. If I stare at one spot it becomes most of my field of view.

2. Blackness (in low light or no light) appears like a multi color muted version of tv static. I don't see pure blackness.

3. Colors appear extremely saturated.

4. This is a strange one, don't know if it's hppd, but, if I rub my hands down my face with my eyes closed, I immediately feel very high. I feel like i'm on X or painkillers and my hands and fingers feel like liquid mercury, if I repeat it the feeling gets stronger and my hairs stand up and I get goosebumps. I always forget this happens, but I feel like if I did this for a few minutes i'd have a full blown dmt like experience.

5. When I close my eyes I see 5 or 10% of a dxm closed eye visual (when you see an entire lifelike scene), it's hard to describe if you haven't seen it. It's like when the visual is just starting to manifest and you're waiting for "the lights to turn on".

That's about it, I forgot about it till I saw this thread. I think it was caused from one time I tried benadryl, I had tried it a few times previously at 12 or 14 pills and nothing really happened. On this day I took 7 and ended up being brought home by the cops after walking halfway across the city (big city). I was completely delirious, the next day I was talking to some counselors, i don't remember why, but I remember just staring at the wall and seeing the static, and it just never went away. I don't remember what it was like before, but I honestly don't mind it. I feel like I can appreciate art because of the colors being so saturated.
>>
>>37729139
>1. When the sky is bright blue, the clear parts of the sky appear to have a "pulsing vortex" with an opaque black color, that's the best way I describe it. If I stare at one spot it becomes most of my field of view.
sounds extremely similar to what i see, i can also relate to the dxm CEVs
>>
>>37725618
i think i gave myself this from fly agaric. sometimes there are blue dots that just float around at the edges of my field of vision, they started showing up after i did fly agaric every day for like three weeks. a very beautiful blue, but when i focus on them they disappear
>>
>>37725618
>>37728205
I always thought this is how everyone sees things until recently
>>
>>37728570
It's weird at one point I thought it was normal because it's normal in my family and a few online communities I'm in, but lots of "neurdivergents" or people related to them. But when I asked some people in my class at school if they thought the static was normal everyone in the room looked at me like I was crazy so not normal.

>>37729139
Yeah I have a lot of these to from "VSS". Including the visuals. It's helps me sleep to watch tho. Ive ha dit as long as I can remember. But could've been from some fever or something because I had a few as a kid that just made the room feel like it was spinning and like I was really small and stuff.

>>37729308
Same. And there is definitely a genetic element and probably a correlation to certain mental conditions even after hearing VSS was a thing I thought it was normal and that most people just never thought to check until I asked some normies and they didn't suddenly see black static like I thought would happen
>>
>Thigle – Literally means “drops” and is traditionally used to describe ‘spheres of rainbow light’ which is the ground substance reality.

>In traditional Buddhism it is sometimes understood to be a very specific form or shape. However, from a Buddha Brats perspective it is the actual visual experience of the true nature of the universe experienced as particles of light which are seen as spinning or moving dots or wheels, both large and small. It can also sometimes be observed as squiggles or moving shafts of light.

>More precisely its ‘nature’ can be described as Dakini (sky dancer) because of the way it constantly moves around. Its ‘form’ can be described as that of Daka (sky flower) when one sees the specific form that the light particles take. This gives one a direct experience of Dakini and Daka as moving, dancing light.

>The practical experience is somewhat similar to that of static visible on a television screen. A good way of becoming aware of it is to look directly at clouds on a humid day. When one looks at it one can see these tiny sparks of light jumping around all over the place. These particles of light can sometimes be seen to be strung together in strands or at other times form part of large spiralling discs.
>>
>>37729808
>>37729868
Have you seen the way it moves like channels of water but in the air?
Sometimes fast sometimes slow

Have your seen how it pools up around certain areas and people?
Spiritual people seeing it and it being genetic to be sensitive to it... so...

This is definitely a spiritual energy right? But what actually are we seeing?
>>
File: 1658951852777893.jpg (204 KB, 665x900)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
>>37729868
Based
>>
>>37728205
The a picture of astigmatism not visual snow. Astigmatism is a physical condition caused by microtears in the iris of minor defects in the cornea itself.
>>
>>37726776
Can I do anything cool with it, or is it just going to kind of be there and slightly annoy me?
>>
>>37730873
Does seeing in color make you able to do anything cool? Right, probably not unless you do art or need to see the difference between a snake and the grass.
Similar for this, unless you are doing psychic things or need to avoid a ghost or such its not doing anything for you.
>>
>>37730962
So how do I do psychic things?
>>
>>37725618
If you look at the sunset with eclipse sunglasses on, you can see stuff moving the clouds at unusual accelerations.
>>
>>37725632
>>37725618
It's just an image from description of how bad eyesight, near-sightedness looks like, with various potential effects depending on the way you've hurt your sight, you fucking LARPers
>>
>>37727714
I meditate a lot and I just see closed eye visuals I do have floaters and darting shadows pretty bad. Never done acid or anything like that.
>>
>>37725654
I bet that looks like a fairy to the elephant
>>
>>37729868
making me remember the strange dot that spirals around my vision and leads me into a thought loop when on drugs, thanks anon.
>>
Hallucination Persistent Perception Disorder is a side effect of prolonged overexposure to either hallucinogenic compounds and/or sleep deprivation hallucinations. i only know this from first hand experience and surface research, of course.
I must first express that i DO NOT it in any way recommend anything that i experienced. it is reckless and unsafe to your self and others.

around a decade ago, i took to eating what started as about a half a hit of lsd blotter a day gradually to eating multiple hits per day. i had sheets to start, this occured over the course of 2.5 to 3 months. by the end of it there was not point in my day that i was not experiencing either or both of visual and auditory hallucinations. when i finally kickked the acid for a while there lingered this sort of trippy super prolonged afterglow, in which something liken to "flashbacks" occurs. for me, i was stationary, staring at a framed piece of art or something. a painting. as i kept my focus on the painting for more than about 5 whole seconds, the painting and frame would start to drift slowly across the wall and wouldnt stop until i refocused m eyes. kinda like a flaoter
>>
>>37730530
what you and others are describing sounds like an aura (medical term) from a seizure or migraine. look it up, wikipedia has examples of what they can look like
>>
>>37725618
I have all of this shit at various times and never did hallucinogens. The fast moving light points are usually after coughing hard. Visual snow is constant but more noticeable at night or other low light conditions.
>>
Floatsrs are floaters but HPPD is when you took too much benadryl and you see little movement at the corners of your field and patterns occasionally move, gets worse in low light conditions
>>
>>37735482
That's a retarded way of taking acid considering immediate tolerance buildup.
If you were paying any attention you would've noticed that the movements of vision match your intestines. That's what hppd is, data of gastrointestinal nerves reaching consciousness, yet it can't translate them so enjoy your visual snow/migraines/tinnitus or whatever it presents as.
Once you internally make a connection between these being your digestion, you develop a new sense and the hppd goes away. You also get some minor control over your digestion.
>>
>>37735770
>If you were paying any attention you would've noticed that the movements of vision match your intestines. That's what hppd is, data of gastrointestinal nerves reaching consciousness, yet it can't translate them so enjoy your visual snow/migraines/tinnitus or whatever it presents as.
>Once you internally make a connection between these being your digestion, you develop a new sense and the hppd goes away. You also get some minor control over your digestion
big if true
>>
>>37725618
your brain throws away visual information then fills in the gaps predicatively because it's quicker and causes less cognitive load, my theory is common hallucinations (walls breathing etc) are caused by this fact and are not true hallucinations but fall into the category of distortions, the brain can be changes either chemically or structurally, drug users seem to ignore this second part and revert to "drug leaves your body within x hours" for structural changes in the brain time is important but more important is the intensity of the experience, if you're trying to cause structure changes intensity x time works well enough - having spoken to a few people with hppd, looking at reports online and the treatments it all seems to converge that the issue is pattern recognition being flawed
>most hppd people have a lot of time on drugs
>most hppdpeople have had bad trips
>most hppd people report intense trips leading up to hppd
the treatments that work
>complete abstinence from all psychs (they would enforce the changes) interestingly alcohol and weed are usually included and both happen to hinder your brains pattern recognition ability
>some anti seizure medications which again support my theory since anti seizure meds make your brain throw away less visual information which would mean your brain has less ability to predict incorrect information

there's more examples to be taken like low sleep negatively impacting it, cardio being more beneficial for treatment than lifting (it happens to create more bdnf) everything I've found supports strongly the idea hppd is just you causing lasting changes to your brains ability to correct fill in gaps in the visual field - some people also reach a point os psych sensitivity i.e they do acid a few times then suddenly weed becomes "stronger" I would hazard a guess this is literally an early symptom of hppd
>>
>>37729868
What about the black tunnel of stars?
>>
>>37725618
I used to see floaters that were letters and numbers inscribed inside circles, went away with puberty
>>
>>37736093
It is. The sense is super weird as it manifests as a sense of space around your head, though it can be at other places too because you're not really supposed to have it. It's basically what you feel when you focus on your third eye or try to make an 'energy ball' in your hand. It also manifests as sound, but it's hard to explain it. You can hear the intestines sometimes when you clench your jaw. I suppose the mechanism behind that has to be that the act of chewing primes the gut for food. So yeah, most of spiritual experiences are basically digestion.
>>
>>37736167
It's the gut as I laid out in previous posts. Walls breathing is literally your intestines moving shit around. This information is not supposed to reach your conscious experience, but the things like drugs, meditation and staring at the unchanging spot on the wall will cause less activity in your pfc because nothing's happening. Less cognitive load allows for things you usually can't see to seep in, eg. your gut. Whether is it because of sheer amount of nerve endings there or the serotonin receptors specifically I don't know. But the more you observe this, the stronger the connection between the gut and the brain becomes, which after a while becomes a permanent part of your experience, or hppd.
>>
>>37735770
>Once you internally make a connection between these being your digestion, you develop a new sense and the hppd goes away. You also get some minor control over your digestion.
Sounds like qigong
>>
>>37736959
I have no idea to be honest, could you be more specific where you see the connection or point me to a book? Tnx
>>
>>37736912
>Walls breathing is literally your intestines moving shit around
home come people who take psychs after days of fasting (intestines would be empty) experience the wall moving? this would also mean eating lots of food vs little changes the intensity of walls moving but everyone reports psyches when fasting is more intense not less
>the things like drugs, meditation and staring at the unchanging spot on the wall will cause less activity in your pfc because nothing's happening. Less cognitive load allows for things you usually can't see to seep in, eg. your gut.
drugs cause much greater activity in the brain and prefrontal
>>
>>37725618
Barely anybody in here even knows what HPPD is, boring thread. Literally every human being has eye floaters
>>
File: 1711021633000589.jpg (149 KB, 1440x1440)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
Ive never taken any drugs and I remember the day I began seeing it. It aligned directly with my intellectual awakening too, there is definitely something more to this stuff. My cope has always been that it was just useless information that the brain normally filters out yet I decided I wanted clarity and there it was. Pic tangentially related.
>>
>>37737649
Got any autoimmune condition ?
Also, what do you mean by intellectual awakening?
>>
>>37737726
Ive basically had no health problems, by awakening I mean when I started applying my brain outside of school and realised how much I actually enjoy learning, the night in particular was a year or so later and I had realised that everything I knew was basically not true(or some sort of propaganda). I had a shower at 2 am in the dark while quite upset about everything and when I turned the light back on I saw the static from then on.
>>
>>37737210
My theory is that hppd is caused by a lack of a certain neurotransmitter, the same way a lack of dopamine causes tremors in muscles. For an unknown reason the body down regulates the neurotransmitter in question causing hppd. This would explain why drugs can induce it. Probably 5HT2A receptor btw. I also read a high iq reddit post saying it was some kind of virus a while back but I can't find it.

My eye floaters look exactly like bacteria under a microscope. So I'm gonna go for the simplest answer and assume that's that.

Sorry, I kinda lost hope discussing topics with anyone. I mostly just take and give nothing back
>>
>>37737133
The food isn't moving the intestine, the muscles are, which are connected to neurons, which get data from other neurons until you get to receptors, like serotonin receptors on which psychs act upon and you have tons of in the gut
My bad for not being precise as I'm phoneposting, by pfc I meant the part of the brain responsible for the conscious experience, which is in the general area, anyways while globally the brain is stimulated in terms of connectivity, it is subdued in local level, imagine replacing a network of many roads with a couple of highways. Thus you get more data globally why the local processing is inhibited. Not all act the same too
>>
>>37737787
*neurotransmitter receptor*

>>37737777
Nice quads lol, did you feel somekind of personality change with the awakening?
>>
floaters are not HPPD
>>
>>37725654
Same here, its weird
>>
>>37737803
(1/2)
>The food isn't moving the intestine, the muscles are
The intestines muscles move based on food or circadian rhythm, after 48 hours of fasting signalling is downregulated to the point that the intestines are barely moving, the blood flow is redirected to kidneys and digestive supporting organs incase there is a sudden intake of food - so if intestine movement is responsible for walls moving then anyone who's fasted for 2 days+ before takings psychs shouldn't experiance the walls moving and again since fasting lowers activity in both the gut and intestines exeperiances should be less vivid not more

>like serotonin receptors on which psychs act upon and you have tons of in the gut
There are psychs that don't act upon serotonin and the serotonin in your gut has absolutely nothing to do with the serotonin in your brain it's just used to stimulate digestion as a signalling process - the serotonin in your gut does not end up in your brain because it cannot permiate from the gut through the blood brain barrier (though some chemicals in the gut can) so I don't understand how it relates
>>
>>37737803
(2/2)
>My bad for not being precise as I'm phoneposting, by pfc I meant the part of the brain responsible for the conscious experience,
I know the pfc, prefrontal cortex is meant to contain conciousness but only when connected to the brain hollistically I directly addressed this point, drugs cause increased activity in the prefrontal cortex, and psychs have a huge cognitive load when compared to sober

> anyways while globally the brain is stimulated in terms of connectivity, it is subdued in local level, imagine replacing a network of many roads with a couple of highways. Thus you get more data globally why the local processing is inhibited. Not all act the same too
I'm not sure what you mean by local I'm guessing you mean lateral firings vs condensed firings of neuron groups? or maybe you're talking about interconnectivity of brain reigons vs how many synapses are firing? since I don't know I'll address both psychs cause an increase in both lateral firings and condesed firings, it also causes greater increases in interconectivity and synpases firing (in terms of count and intensity).
>>
>>37725618
That's normal artifacting that your brain usually filters out. I see those all the time, and I haven't done anything harder than alcohol. Frying your brain with hallucinogenics causes you to notice them. There's no solution because it's not really a problem.
Floaters are just coagulated proteins in your eye vitreous fluid. Visual snow is just signal noise. I'm not sure what the cause of negative landscape is though (first I've heard of it).
>>
>>37731148
>darting shadows
Oh shit, that's a real thing? I thought it was just sleep deprivation. I've seen that a few times when I stay up to 4am+ with lights on. I figured it was some sort of spirit or amygdala overactivation.
I see closed eye visuals easily and I can see my floaters if I stare at a flat coloured surface for a few seconds.
>>
>>37736848
>It is. The sense is super weird as it manifests as a sense of space around your head, though it can be at other places too because you're not really supposed to have it. It's basically what you feel when you focus on your third eye or try to make an 'energy ball' in your hand. It also manifests as sound, but it's hard to explain it. You can hear the intestines sometimes when you clench your jaw. I suppose the mechanism behind that has to be that the act of chewing primes the gut for food. So yeah, most of spiritual experiences are basically digestion
interesting
i guess i should start trusting my guts
>>
>>37728283
>literally seeing the blood pulse through the eye, and watching the cone cells determine information
That's different from visual snow
I know it whenever I get both
>>
>>37728386
You and me are permatripping bro
>>
>>37737949
Why wouldn't it feel worse? The gut obviously gets stimulated by psychedelics which anyone who's ever done any will tell you after they stop shitting themselves. If we take acid as an example, you don't ingest any significant amount of matter, in fact you can spit out the tab, yet it will still stimulate the intestines when the drug takes effect. If intestines didn't play a role in hallucinations it wouldn't make a difference whether you fasted or not!!! The state of the intestines which you describe after a 48h fast isn't the state of tripping on a 48h fast! Maybe they're moving more freely without shit in them, I don't know. What I do know is what I feel and how it matches spacial distortions across my vision.
I never said that serotonin gets from your gut to your brain. It stimulates the intestines, an organ which you can then feel, apparently via synesthesia. Explore those mind spaces further and it develops into a weird 3d feeling of space around your head, it's indescribable and useful. I had IBS my whole life, I can literally control it now just by feeling out this space and doing an intuitive command for my guts to do something. I don't know what it does, but when I do it the pain goes away and the stool is fine. I could not have done this before and if I don't actively do it the symptoms come back. N=1, sorry, it works, I know what I see and feel.
>>
>>37725618
I've always seen things grainy. Ever since I was a child when I would ask my parents why I can see the molecules in the air.

I also have floaters, mine are cute little bullseyes like the target logo.

Afterimages of landscapes are normal, right??

I was in GATE
>>
>>37725618
it's stuff that has always been there that you've been tuning out before then. There's actually even more shit you could see, like phosphenes and their morphing, the capillaries in your eyes, your blind spots, recognizing patterns on a surface that doesn't repeat and you don't recognize from somewhere else. I remember for a long time the green purple gridded dots where almost constant.
People's description will vary too.
>>
how can your eye see something like a dead bacteria in the form of floaters. never understand how is this possible. with this logic if you put a dead covid virus on the top of my eye I should be able to see its form as well like a floater?
>>
File: 200w (7).gif (748 KB, 200x200)
748 KB
748 KB GIF
>>37725618
>Persistent Perception Disorder.
That's what is taught in most places. There version, their reality. Hallucinogenics rewires those lies.
>>
>>37731053
No it isn't retard, it's literally a representation of HPPD, i've seen that picture many times. That's a still image, in reality it's moving.
>>
>>37736167
Weed makes it exponentially worse and alcohol gives me panic attacks.
>>
I'm curious, everyone that has it, close your eyes, put your palms at the top of your forehead and drag your fingers down to the bottom of you chin, repeat this 10 or 20 times taking about 1 or 2 seconds for each drag. Does anything weird happen? Do you feel different? Do your hands/face feel like mercury?
>>
>>37742875
I can feel the after effects of friction on my hands and face, nothing else
>>
>>37739005
>The gut obviously gets stimulated by psychedelics
sure but if you're intestines are digesting food + psychs it would be more stimulated, so it would be less stimulated if you're fasting on psychs but yet fasting makes the experience more (not less intense)
>I never said that serotonin gets from your gut to your brain
My point was you acted as though since psychs act on serotonin in the brain that will effect the gut I could have misunderstood
>It stimulates the intestines, an organ which you can then feel, apparently via synesthesia.
I'm not sure if english is your second language you can feel the intestines because they are a sensory organ, it is normal to be able to feel your intestines even when sober

I don't mean to sound harsh but it seems like you're building off your personal experience instead of building from scientific understand of how psychedelics/the brain works - also I'm glad your IBS is better I've heard some estimates think the majority of cases are psychosomatic so psychs/therapy might be a very viable treatment option so you could probably replicate your experience to other people to get higher than n=1
>>
>>37725624
My body feels fine, I’ve had visual snow for all my life.
One of the random flashes of light led me to the ashes of a person’s remains hidden in a wall one time.
Some anon had a thread about visual snow and some middle eastern mythology but the thread was dead when I tried to post in it later.
>>
>>37727134
I’ve always had the eyes of the people in that weird Russian webm where the lights go out.
It scared me looking at photos of myself when I was like 5 in low light conditions without flash
>>
File: eh.png (441 KB, 810x544)
441 KB
441 KB PNG
https://www.eye-floaters dot info/
>>
>>37728139
Everybody in the whole fucking world does.
>>
>>37735500
So, constantly seeing this would be considered a dangerous sign..
>>
File: static_visualsnow.gif (96 KB, 700x330)
96 KB
96 KB GIF
>>37725618
>>
File: t1.webm (2.98 MB, 720x480)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB WEBM
>>37725618
>>
File: t5.webm (2.97 MB, 720x480)
2.97 MB
2.97 MB WEBM
>>37725618
>>
>>37743307
I can point a simple counter argument that since the gut isn't actively doing something else, the effect of the drugs will be more apparent. Maybe the effects are more apparent because your intestines really really aren't supposed to act in such a way especially when empty.
Yeah I think you misunderstood my point about serotonin. The same receptors to which the psych bind are both in the brain and the gut.
The sense of gut is different than the pain or pressure you experience normally. It is present as a space around your visual field and inside your head. I can't do much better than this because it's like explaining red to a person who's never seen it. The sense develops after you intuit the connection between the gut and the visuals, and then the visuals get replaced by it. You can will the visuals back, but the since the brain apparently figured out what it is, it now tries to present it in a more sensible way.
No amount of sciencing will help here, how could you study internal experience? There isn't even a language to express most these things. It's qualia, how brain data represents itself to the self-reflexive apparatus, you can't really scan that.
I am confident in my conclusions mostly since I started with a similar idea to your original post, after years and years trying to connect the dots between the visual snow aka closed eye hals, and more complex hallucinations presenting themselves to me. It lead me to this, it is clear to me because I directly observe it. I tried simple tricks I learned along the way on friends and family to confirm to myself the related phenomena isn't unique to me. Painful constipation will be helped by visualizing oneself moving through a tunnel, in case you can't focus watch tardis from dr who traveling though the time vortex, but feel like it's you moving. My mom's visual migraines went away after nagging her to eat probiotic yogurt for two weeks, etc.
Try focusing on what your gut is doing when the visuals happen.
>>
>>37725618
the little moving light dots in the sky is prana.

what you call visual snow is the prana in the air.

the floaters may be stuff in the liquid of the eyes
>>
>>37725618
The parasites in the eyes that blur vision.
>>
>>37744689
From Technolyze?

>>37744659
Love this one
>>
>>37728283
I the nbome did a number on our brains. Always felt deep-fried after taking that shit.
>>
>>37728762
Its a bit like when you get blinded by a bright flash, you see an after image for a while
>>
>>37729139
The morphing colors and that you never see pure black when closing your eyes, but a dark grayish thing with shifting weak coloration is because your brain is trying to process visual input that doesn't exist. Some doctor said that all people have this to a degree, you can't really turn it off.
>>
>>37738009
It's sleep deprivation but can be semi permanent if you have chronic insomnia.
I sleep waaay to little, and I get a lot of these. Spots moving on around, shadows warping and sliders/drifting objects seems to the most common one, plus visual snow.
Could be the copious amounts of drugs I've consumed throughout my 20s though.
If my blood pressure I can see a sort of vibration in my eye.
I get after-images that I'm sure is from phenetylamines or empathogen drugs,

Also get the grey/rainbow warping field when I close my eyes, but I think that's normal.
Had floaters all my life.
>>
>>37736912
What you say makes some sense to me in theory but how does it explain something like the globular floater in the OPs picrel?

I mean having literally the same irregularly shaped floater post trip that's stuck around for years.

Also, is HPPD more prevalent with LSD? It seems like it is. Could it be due to a contaminant?
>>
>>37736959
hOW EXLAIN PLEASE
>>
>>37725695
i have this unfortunately
>>
>>37746018
you're halfway here, floaters are beyond tho

"But did you know that these dots and strings have a spiritual meaning for some people and are used for meditation? One of these people is Nestor, a hermit from the Swiss Emmental whom I met in the 1990s. For Nestor, these dots and strings are not vitreous opacities but a consciousness phenomenon. According to his experience, floaters dramatically change in the course of consciousness development. At the beginning we may perceive floaters as cloudy or transparent, more or less disturbing dots and strings. A seer like Nestor, on the other hand, sees them as big spheres and tubes of a luminous structure."

see >>37744403
>>
File: pseudo_BFEP.gif (290 KB, 550x480)
290 KB
290 KB GIF
>>
>>37736972
>>37748527
t.random dude
Vagus nerve and synesthesia
>>
File: 81zO77Stf+L.jpg (279 KB, 1563x2500)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
"Apart from ophthalmology, are there alternative perspectives on the benign, clearly outlined dots and strings?

Yes, there’s a spiritual explanation: These dots and strings are not vitreous opacities, but parts of our shining consciousness structure.

In the mid-1990s, I met a man named Nestor who lives in the solitude of the hilly Emmental region of Switzerland. Nestor understands himself as a “seer”. He sees the very same dots and strings that are described above as eye floaters. However, Nestor’s claims that his floaters have changed due to psychophysiological practices intended to intensify consciousness: They became bigger and more numerous, luminous, and developed into a multi-layered shining structure with a center which he approaches through seeing. To Nestor, “eye floaters” are actually a shining structure which is created by our consciousness and in which we enter when we leave our body. For many years, I’ve been learning the art of seeing with Nestor, and today I can confirm: This kind of floaters – the “shining structure floaters,” as I will call them in the following – are a phenomenon of light and consciousness. It is a mistake to conceive them as “vitreous opacity” or “vitreous degeneration syndrome”."

https://www.eye-floaters dot info/floaters/introduction.htm
>>
File: fls.jpg (1.85 MB, 1276x1518)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
anyone ever seen this exact pattern ?
>>
>>37728176
Got told the same thing and I've had the demon face syndrome on and off as a kid too.

Just always got told I've had a wild imagination all my life???
>>
Wow. Didn't know what this was till now. Usually when I'm looking at a something really bright like reflecting clouds or a white van, or just looking at a gray or blue sky. I see these every time. I see them as like insects flying in in different patterns(the small white snow particle whatevers) and the floaters are a little more transparent. I don't see the negative after image tho. I've had it ever since I can remember as a child. And they kinda follow where a look but with a delay.
>>
>>37737777
Same here actually it's kinda weird bc I've always had them since I was a child. I've apparently always looked at the world like I was paying attention to my surroundings and the experiences ive felt. The Lord has led my life to him and I'm so joyfull and blessed that he has led me to him and blessed by his graciousness. Thank you Lord Jesus, Son of God, Lord God for blessing our brothers and sisters. Amen
>>
File: 1709962672731694.jpg (359 KB, 1242x1192)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>37749085
Amen to you anon, not sure what this is(And happy red heifer day).
Not sure why I have it either.
>>
File: IMG_0992.jpg (397 KB, 750x949)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
I got HPPD type 2 early October last year after doing LSD, magic truffles and weed. Wasn't even that excessive, just unlucky genes I guess.

It's gradually gotten better, and I have an easier time ignoring it now. From other first hand accounts I've read online, it disappears completely on its own after 1-5 years for most people (as long as you don't keep taking psychedelics). But I'm still a bit worried as there is a chance it'll stay with me for the rest of my life.

>Pic
This is pretty close to the patterns I see if I focus on a single spot for more than 1-2 seconds. Same exact visuals as I would have on LSD.

Also I've had visual snow and tinnitus from birth, neither have worsened, not sure if that means anything.

>>37736167
I've contemplated starting on Clonidine but it's kind of hard to get prescribed since both the drug and condition is so obscure. Are there any other drugs or treatments that show decent potential? I'd rather not have to deal with the withdrawals from two months straight of Clonazepam.
>>
>>37749302
>Are there any other drugs or treatments that show decent potential?
not really, some people say anti psychotics but they're much higher risk than epilepsy meds, it seems like excluding the medication route your only option is complete sobriety and low stimulation lifestyle also earlier in your post you mention abstaining from psychs but it goes away a lot better/quicker with complete sobriety including things like alcohol until it goes away then once it's gone work under the assumption you are the worlds biggest lightweight and incredibly sensitive to drugs
>>
>>37749587
Huh.. I heard the likelihood of becoming an alcoholic increased significantly with HPPD because it was one of the few "drugs" you could use without worsening the symptoms.

Might be that not drinking is just connected with having a healthier lifestyle, which does positively impact the condition.

Still, can't hurt.
>>
>>37725618
I did acid several hundred times between the age of about 16 to 22 and now at the age of 27, the walls and ground still breath a bit. I see the “visual snow” and all that stuff. Sometimes it’s stronger than other times but it’s always there. It doesn’t bother me and I actually enjoy it sometimes. I’ve been sober for the last 5 years so it almost feels like a free one sometimes. For me, It’s definitely the result of doing more drugs than I should have and that’s it. Nothing else.
>>
>>37742875
I feel something minor, but I'm not sure if it's paranormal. Could just be relaxing/overstimulating.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.