[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: devilridesout03.jpg (641 KB, 1200x720)
641 KB
641 KB JPG
What is the most accurate and informed movie about western occultism, left hand path?
>>
>>37731091
Probably one of the ones that have their occultism hidden, ironically.
Picrel is just an example of a movie about the kabbalistic tree of death. There are however hundreds if not thousands of others
>>
File: 15901_poster.jpg (85 KB, 405x600)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>37731091
If you mean movies that are openly satanic then you could just do a websearch of satanic movies and not have to wait for anons to chip in
>>
>occult fags are just eccentrics
>it's going to bite you in the ass eventually
>>
Satantango
>>
File: movies.jpg (134 KB, 487x714)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>37731091
I mean, just one is very difficult. But when you combine this 4 in the right way you get the picture.
>>
ninth gate. he's actually poking fun at it. after watching that movie a few times i realized polanksi was actually making fun of all those assholes. and then i started putting that together with the manson killings and realized that those charges that had him fleeing the country could have been trumped up because he was pissing off the wrong people.
>>
>>37733101
>eyes wide shut
>oh wow the rich are sex pests and have been for millennia!
>occult knowledge
christ you retards put way to much credit into this movie
>>
>>37733388
You probably missed the shit ton of hints in that movie that Kubrik placed.
retard.
>>
>>37731198
>Movie _____ is about jew's opinion on _____
Thanks
>>37733101
It's much more complex than that
>>37733388
Yes, but I am sure that will die down as Epstein Island is public knowledge and much more damning.
>>
>>37733000
The scene where he's just rolling his eyes at the Wiccan satanists while his friend is behind the curtain pounding their sacrificial virgin is based.
>>
File: IMG_4401.jpg (420 KB, 1013x1500)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
A Dark Song. Main character is an angry woman the secondary character is an occultist with /ong/ vibes.
>>
>>
File: th-149325004.jpg (36 KB, 474x325)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>37733472
Not the nic cage remake of Wicca man. The original one with Christopher Lee from 1973
>>
>>37733471
the ending of this movie is spine chilling
>>
>>37733472
I routinely argue with my wife about Wickerman. She's of the opinion that Howie is a pest in his attitude toward Summer Isle's cult and revels in his sacrifice and I have to remind her he's a righteous man who stays true to his faith to the end.
>>
>>37731091
Bump
>>
File: IMG_4386.jpg (187 KB, 985x873)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>37733471
>>37733502
>>
>>37731091
>>
>>37734407
Came here to say this.
>>
>>37734407
>>37734427
explain
>>
>>37734407
>>37734427
Dumb and Dumber is another one. People just look at movies like these and think "oh, it's a comedy" or "oh, it's an animated movie", and they don't ever think beyond that because the esoteric themes are below surface level.
>>
File: BWDR_TS_Truman.jpg (258 KB, 870x604)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>37734633
Checked. Jim Carrey is in lots of this kind of movie
>>
>>37731091
There isn't one. They grossly distort every story they use for a "film" and call it "artistic license"!
>>
>>37731091
hansel and gretel 2013 by far
>>
>>37733471

This is the most accurate representation of occultism I've seen in media. There's certain things that aren't on point like minor details of how the rite is performed, the sigils on the floor are more artwork, and the tomes they're pulling from aren't real... but those are inconsequential. How the magic manifests, the coincidences, happenings, the eyes smoking in the chair, the knocking coming from around the house, just everything is so on point with ritual magic. Especially what she learns/asks for once she achieves K&CHGA. That complete switch in her intention into the right one when faced with the completion of the rite... such a good movie.
>>
>>37733524
Not only that but he's a policeman investigating a report of a missing girl. He's authorised and justified to be that pesky pest
>>
>>37734633
explain dumb and dumber being an occult film
>>
>>37734509
Seconding.
I get that it's weird that toys talk and stuff, but you need to explain how it's "occult" beyond that. I guess Sid's shirt implies he might have some sort of dark energy connections, but I'm really drawing blank.
>>37734646
Lot of Jim Carrey movies have spiritualistic elements to them, Ace Ventura 2 has him astral project his thoughts and image when he's seeking the answers, Liar Liar is about a miracle of God changing a man's life and steering him back onto the righteous path, and Bruce Almighty is pretty on the nose. Truman show is a philosophical look at the nature of reality, Yes Man is about joining a cult, and I'm sure there are others I'm forgetting. (I haven't actually watched dumb and dumber). I'll say if he/his agent deliberately pick movies with esoteric themes/elements, he's probably gonna love the SA2 stuff in Sonic 3.
>>
>>37733000
Occultfags are also not fags who are also Christians and they just want to know about the universe. We have our bounds, but we're actually much freer than you would believe.
>>
The Devil Rides Out has one of the most accurate depictions of a demon ever, pic related.
>>
>>37733405
Fuck off nigger you retards NEED it to be deep, its fucking embarrassing
>>
>>37733422
>Yes, but I am sure that will die down as Epstein Island is public knowledge and much more damning.
its been nearly a decade, nothing is going to happen, when will you retards get that the public doesnt care and the ones in power just go "opps" and pretend it never happened?

Repeating it over and over again to yourselves online has never ssolved anything no matter how much you want to believe it will.
>>
>>37735796
everything during that era did man, theres nothing more to it than "its profitable" fuck its getting you to talk about them decades past when they were relevant
>>
>>37733471
Probably the only movie in the thread that actually touches on occult themes, the rest of this shit is just 'its creepy, so itll sell"
>>
>>37733101
>muh first /tv/
Watch Angel Heart (1987)
>>
>>37733471
Literally the only film that should be in this thread.

>>37735765
One of the minor points that gets me, is the writing of some Asian characters on her back. In the beginning he mentions that it needs to be done with something that matches her cultural/religious understanding, so why would that be done? I'm guessing just for aesthetic.
My favorite part though, is when she says she doesn't do a specific thing, and so she had to drink blood instead. And how that psychologically/spiritually mixes in with the ending as well. Blew my mind how they slipped that in there intentionally.
>>
>>37735787
Word.
>>
>>37731091
>ITT: Clueless anons think LHP means satanic, edgy bullshittery
>>
>>37736095
yeah yeah we get you want to explain away why being an edgy teen at heart is not cringe
>>
>>37736127
Nope. I just know what someone who's not some retarded edgy LARPer does.
>>
>>
>>37734407
how????
>>
>>37734509
>>37734407
https://twitter.com/NuancdNecromncr/status/1768476247615570152?t=4xKIeiCe6wcCZPRUcUTCYA&s=19
>>
File: IMG_4418.jpg (66 KB, 1507x1177)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>37733471
The glowing eyes with the cigar were scary.
>>
I really want to watch A Dark Song but shit that involves kids getting hurt bothers me greatly. How explicit are those parts? Are they depicted?
>>
>>37734646
>>37735796
>>37735966
Jim is actually in the celebrity i'M enLiGHtEnEd club where they pretend they're trying to help people through le freemasonic symbolism but really he's on Epstein's client list so long as I remember correctly.
>>
File: HolyMountain.jpg (156 KB, 1200x510)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
unironically, The Holy Mountain by Jodorowsky
>>
>>37739458
There were no glowing eyes bud, that is the cigarette and the buttons on the chair cushion. One of the best scenes though
>>
>>37735948
One of the very few movies that should be remade with a not-retarded crew
>>
Nefarious was based.

>>37740052
I don't recall kids getting hurt at all so it either doesn't occur or is so minor it may as well not have.
>>
>>37740419
>Nefarious
cringe screwtape letters adaptation for catholic faggots, not /x/ at all
>>
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls026875012/
This was started by an anon from /x/, and I'm proud to say I've also contributed some entries to it.
>>
>>37740435
You might be retarded
>>
>>37734407
>>37734633
These. All the other titles people regurgitate with overt occult themes and esthetics are just tryhard larps. It's always the movies that are just obviously not occult that tend to be actually occult. You just have to be a close student of the symbolism and deeper narratives.
>>
>>37731091

Test test.
>>
File: 81RJ7MBR2eL._RI_.jpg (413 KB, 1960x2560)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
"SUSPIRIA" but only the remake version. picrel.

It is also my own theory that the film unintentionally disses on the "true nature" of the modern woke cabalist way of occultism (aka. the practice of Magick by the group of mean hearted narcissistic people with no talent or whatsoever) and how they sacrifice innocent lives and all.

**SPOILER ALERT!!**

>At the end, the Mater Suspiriorum did finally showed up to this realm, and yet, through the protagonist who was not an old hag with some mean evil corrupted heart, she "the Mother" specifically came to this plane of existence just to brutally BTFO all the mean bitches who larped as her (or on her behalf) in order to rationalized whatever sadistic acts they did in torturing innocent people and called it "Art".
>>
File: wtfcasting.jpg (72 KB, 408x571)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>37740080
Doesn't change much. The movies he plays in he only _plays_ in, so however he is as a real person doesn't affect what kind of person he is as a character in the movie. You can have the biggest piece of shit who plays a saint and if he plays well, the saint character will still be good. It's a movie.
Another thing is anon who have naive assumption that all those pervs, celebrities etc are just pervs who twirl their cartoon villain moustaches thinking how to ruin the world, bringing pain and suffering. It's naive, childish expectation that if a person does something bad, has questionable tendencies etc they are willingly and fully embracing being evil.

No, the same way as I doubt you are any saint without perversions, bad habits, asshole attitude or some other flaw yet you think yourself a good person, so is with those celebrities. No doubt many of them, even the really creepy, cultish ones, think they're doing good or merely sacrifice things for a greater cause that will do good. The only difference is that since they're celebrities, both good and bad things about them are highlighted to various crowds, that's why they appear as saints to their fans said fans would listen to opinion of no matter the topic and to others they appeal as vile as corrupt.
They're just people, with typical people bullshit, indulged often in a way any regular person would indulge it, just lacked capabilities and temptations their rich asses got.
It doesn't mean it's okay and they're good, either, but anons need to develop some perspective.
>>
>>37740052
>Are they depicted?
No, but it's a central motivation for the MC. I think it's described a bit but I don't recall it being in detail, just enough to shock you and have you sympathize with her and what she is doing the ritual for.
>>
>>37741229
Cool. Thanks for the info. I’m gonna watch it then.
>>
>>37733524
The cults WANTS him to do everything he does. That's the whole point. The only thing he could have done to jam up their plans was to figure that out and play totally dumb.
>>
>>37731205
He said occult just not satanic.
>>
>>37741182
Anon, the point I was making is that he has both positive and negative qualities. I did this by contrasting his somewhat noble goals of "helping the dumb people" (which I really do fine to be generally positive) and him at least potentially having perverse preferences.
I think Jim is actually an enigma. I was only really poking fun at the prevalence of "freemasonic symbolism" pervading most modern cinema.
Personally, I don't think he's a great person, but I admire him mocking Kimmel to his face that one time on his show, when he kept doing the whole hands and tongue thing making symbolic references to freemasonry. I admire anyone who actually takes the time to study these things actually. But it's easy to mock these people for me, being someone that actually takes this shit seriously. The other side of him, the actor side with a potential predilection for something likely questionable, I don't admire. Anyone who does admire actors isn't really worth admiration to me.
>>
>>37742356
Yeah, that's what this place has devolved into. Normalfags have no idea how this place worked prior to maybe seven years ago and now regularly come here and label everything as "satanic" or "gnostic" or "evil" because they have no idea what's actually going on here, they have no clue why we believe these things and they're very obviously just exiting the echo chambers for the first time.
What's even stranger is that you can sense anon's obvious confusion, but are correcting him like this instead of just mocking him for being new, uninitiated and normal. It's almost like you too don't understand the current state of the board, why this is an issue or what was lost due to the influx of unstimulating normalfags that go to places they aren't welcome or they don't understand and, in their pride, unearned confidence and delusion, attempt to ruin it because it's full of things they haven't been taught to agree with by their local consensus officers.
>>
File: Vulcan bomber.jpg (106 KB, 1200x630)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>37733524

They should have added a scene at the end where the cops nuke the island.
>>
>>37742879
Why? If you're to believe Summer Isle were just deluded cultists then the harvest ritual was meaningless and the island will succumb to ruin as their crops continue to fail.
>>
>>37731091
It’s pretty fucking clear none of you faggots actually know anything about the occult.
Primer is far and away the most “holy shit i can’t believe they were allowed to make this” film I have ever seen. People like to pretend they understand this movie but it is legitimately impossible to without understanding the occult.
>>
>>37743642
I fucking hate Preston nichols like you wouldn't believe
>>
>>37743642
can you explain, please? I read the plot synopsis but I don't really see how it is occult.
>>
>>37745598
Anon hes clearly just here to feel above everyone ad insult you all while making wild claims he doesnt have to explain.

AKA 90% of /x/
>>
>>37745598
The occult is all about taking something natural and turning it unnatural. Manipulation of creation. What some might call “unholy” practices because it is to desecrate creation.
Watch Primer with that in mind.
>>
File: 114223.gif (409 KB, 500x211)
409 KB
409 KB GIF
>>37731091
the world is what you make it.
>>
File: IMG_4454.jpg (288 KB, 1902x1177)
288 KB
288 KB JPG
Eye is the devil, 1966. It’s old but okay. Maybe not the most accurate occult movie but worth watching. It stars Sharon Tate before she was murdered.
>>
>>37734633
I only realized this one a few years ago after reflection. The message being conveyed is not presented in an obvious manner, but it's there.
>>
File: IMG_0632.jpg (309 KB, 1125x1500)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
>>37731091
The Ninth Gate
>>
>>37735796
I see your points and appreciate the explanation but according to this logic any anthromoporphism or make-believe type narrative becomes occult, it's quite a broad net. Children's movies are the obvious choice since there is the contrast between innocent "for children" and apparent "occultism" i.e. child-friendly make believe.

Let me give you example of an extremely occult film according to this rationale - Mary Popins. Wizard of Oz. WIlly WOnky the chocolate man. Alladdin. Cool Running. Anything my Roald Dahl (eg the witches). Narnia. Anything by Carmus Rand (eg. the cursed drawer, the rocking chair)
>>
>>37731091
Dr Strange
>>
>>37731198
this you can see a lot if you have the eyes to
>>
File: Beltane Beckons.jpg (59 KB, 576x394)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>37731091
only a handful of people were allowed to witness this cinematic event, including yours truly
>>
>>37748214
>it's quite a broad net
NTA, but this is my challenge to any of these attempts to point out occult symbols in media.
Point me to media that DOESNT have it.
It isnt special or interesting that this show or that song has occult symbols.
They ALL do.
One conclusion is this proves the conspiracy, which is fine, but doesnt make it any more interesting - it would only be interesting if you could find some media that is symbol free. THAT would be significant.
The other conclusion is that occult symbols are so varied, and those with the knowledge can find symbols in just about anything, to the point that it isnt possible to make any sort of media that doesnt have in some form a reference to hidden info.
>>
File: scale.png (342 KB, 1200x675)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>
The Goetia Diaries
>>
>>37743575
Alas, the real sequel to the Wickerman we’ll never get.
>>
>>37748203
seconded
>>
bump
>>
File: IRS Masons.png (370 KB, 686x347)
370 KB
370 KB PNG
>>37735950
>>
>>37754690
Ironically that artwork is kino so your point is moot
>>
No Saló/ 120 days of Sodom ? Stay plebs.
>>
>>37754993
what were they looking for?
>>
>>37749403
What is it, if I may ask? I've never heard of it
>>
File: AdventureTime.jpg (160 KB, 1280x670)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
Come along with me
>>
>>37757212
Very true. It's a way more esoteric story than you'd think. Remember when they were on the search for the Enchiridion?
>>
>>37748557
once you know, you know.
i believe there is an ARG tied into these things.
>>
>>37757346
I have to admit I don't. There's just so much going on it's hard to remember details
>>
>>37757368
Well either way the point is Enchiridion was a book Finn and Jake were looking for. The idea is it was an ancient "manual" comprised of helpful guidelines "for heroes". Part of the lore entails Finn and Jake having acquired the book "from another timeline".
As you probably know, the name of the book, Enchiridion, is also a reference to Epictetus' work of the same name. Epictetus' version is largely a Stoic work outlining moral guidelines that serve to develop Virtue in its adherents. As you probably also know, Philosophy has long been the guise behind which Metaphysicists have shielded themselves.
>>
>>37757413
I did not know about the reference. Thank you.
>>
>>37757413
Really the show would deserve it's own thread because like I said there is just so much going on.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.