[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Can humans ever truly be good? Is everything we do a contortion of our greater selfish desire? Empathy the result of evolution, altruism just another way to make us feel better about ourselves? Can one ever be sincere in striving to be a better person, be good, and perhaps have a clean heart?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8
>>
>>37747615
Purity of mind exists, then enlightenment.
>>
>>37747615
Altruism is still selfish but it is done due to the fact that the success of the pack will lead to the success of the individual. You can also look at eusocial species and they're basically almost never hostile or competitive. And they're not hostile with their own species but with other species and animals that attack them first
>>
>>37747782
does this still render self-sacrifice for others outside of their tribe, as beyond mere self-interest?
>>37747740
but this does not save anyone? Why do the bodhisattva choose to delve back into the world after reaching nibbana? if the world is not worth saving.
>>
>>37747615
what happened to the slut on the left?
>>
>>37747615
>better person, be good, and perhaps have a clean heart
You would have to elaborate what you mean by that. I know that most of my acts are self-interested. I help others because I hope they will help me. Of course it's always a bit of a gamble, you can't force anyone to pay you back. You can just hope it pays off. There are other examples. I like to live in a clean and nice neighborhood, so I contribute to that. Again, I can only hope that my neighbors will do likewise. I have donated to artists because I wanted to see more of their stuff via Patreon.
Generally, when someone asks me for help or directions, I will do it, because that's the kind of world I want to live in.
But ultimately it's all about me somehow.
>>
>>37749668
>But ultimately it's all about me somehow.
yes, it is, and you exist because of your principles, your roots, therefore it is in your interests to preserve your roots, to keep the seas you swim free of waste. that which is higher than you serves you best when you serve it. if you lash out at the leaves, you lash out at the tree, and so you lash out at yourself, and you are granted the logical conclusion. to nurture the leaves, take care of the roots.
>>
>>37747615
Even if it is, would that be a good excuse to stop being good? Hell no.
Thus, it's good.
>>
>>37747615
>picrel
Do you think they are evil?
>>
>>37747820

>but this does not save anyone? Why do the bodhisattva choose to delve back into the world after reaching nibbana? if the world is not worth saving.

*crickets*

I wonder the same. Nibbana led me to the truth of this being a prison planet. Demiurgic forces will use whatever means necessary to steer enlightened souls back to the plantation.
>>
>>37747615

Good and evil is a duality trap that was set up by the serpent of Eden.

Good is just a code word for bliss and evil a code word for suffering.

Humans do what is needed for bliss maximization and suffering minimization.

Empathy is the navigator with which we can accomplish that in the most efficient way.

"Evil" people, so people, who generate unncessary suffering, are simply people that are ignorant of their own nature and who lack forethought.

For example: raping for extreme short term pleasure, when you know that the consequence for it is way too damaging, for it to be wortwhile.

Every single one of us would rape a sexy 10/10 bitch, if it would be without consequence, but we don't do it, because we don't want to end up getting raped by a heavyweight nigger in prison.

So there is no good and evil, both are illusions to generate narcissists with Messiah Syndrom. Freemasons wrote the Bible to accomplish exactly that.

There is nothing more important than laws. Anarchy would be hell on earth.
>>
>>37747820
the world does not need to be saved
creatures exhibiting suffering, i.e. humans need to be saved, and really only in the sense that it is "expedient" to banishing suffering from our perspective
ultimately, who can say but god?
what may be known is the self, but it is mostly misconceived, and so begins suffering, plagued by possessions, by angels and demons, one points up, other points down, but the true self is in the center, which loves "direction" above "up" or "down", the center has no discernable position, except that it is not any other part of the sphere, it is not the possessions or the thought patterns or the products of labor.
proper identification of the self reveals the follower of principles, and those principles nourish all other life, and the principles of the principle of life nourishes death also, and so all is made one and suffering is destroyed

>>37751412
>There is nothing more important than laws
>important
there is an order, but no good or evil?
>laws
there are laws based on what? you sound as if on the outskirts of truth, in denial of the inner palace.
>>
>>37747615
Suppose that you had a genuine desire to be a good person. Suppose that you developed it after a long period of exploration, feeling out your options, and settled down to wanting to be good. Would that be an authentically good desire? Clearly, the desire to be good is a good thing to have. Since you have that desire, does it not follow that you are already a good person?

Try it for yourself. As you read this post, mentally form the desire to be a good person, to be virtuous, to follow the path of righteousness and compassion. Feel the wish to be a good human being swell up within yourself. If you need to, think it to yourself: something like "I wish to be good." Can you do this? Are you not already good?
>>
>>37747615
Most people are good you just focus too much on the negative.
Getting a good circle of people can take 6 years of work and pay off for lifetime.
>>
>>37751432

There is no good and evil in the sense that someone is not better than the other, because of his/her inherent nature. If you manage to follow the laws, then well done. But nobody will consider you a hero. You did what you needed to do, to preserve your own bliss.

The rapist is not morally inferior, but he lacks the emotional intelligence, which makes him more stupid. A rapist is even superior, if he manages to avoid judgement. And that's why religion exists, to prevent extreme intelligent psychopaths to attempt such crimes, because invisible judge might catch him
>>
>>37751486
>inherent nature
in this, i agree, but i think there is confusion of "human nature" and true inherent nature, so i will disclaim the former. human nature can certainly bear qualities of greater and lesser tendency to persevere in life.
>>
File: IMG_2873.png (299 KB, 560x840)
299 KB
299 KB PNG
No, everyone has a shadow.
>>
Childish question from immature ego. A bear and a monkey and a lion can socialize and have been known to do so for each others mutual benefit. Zero sum thinking is for losers. But dont be confused im not blaming you, although that sounds pompous. More proof for you. Stop pretending to be stupid. It doesnt help. I wish someone told me that af your age.

https://youtu.be/Q5wW8N4pt3U?si=vuHjsFdnxv35VtvN
>>
bump
>>
>>37747615
Do you think the rapid advent of consumer grade AI image gen was allowed to happen so that images like this would lose credibility?
I mean, in an age in which you can't control what information gets out anymore, what better strategy than to allow anyone to fake anything?
>>
>>37747615
When love is partial, this is awareness filtered through the body with evolutionary conditioning. When love is impartial, it's awareness unfiltered and who you truly are. Strangely through expanding and training the first you can get closer to experiencing the second
>>
>>37747615
thank you for the responses
>>
who's the grandma?
>>
>>37758839
queen liz

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.