[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3708.jpg (20 KB, 400x400)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
Why does volunteering and charity work feel so good? I used to hate and look down on most people.
>>
>>37751221
Takes you out of yourself, makes you realize you can be helpful, makes you feel a sense of gratitude which is the key to any contentment or happiness, and feel needed. Perhaps it's all still selfish, but everyone was this selfish, the world would be far more pleasant.
>>
I do hate any look down on most people but they deserve it.
Charitable works do feel good, giving money not so much when you realize how bad poors are with money.
>>
File: langar.jpg (416 KB, 2288x2196)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>37751221
imagine the smell
>>
File: 1713628568157147.jpg (56 KB, 401x308)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>37751221
>Why does it feel so good?
Non-ego activity purifies the soul.
>>
>>37751246
Nah it just makes you feel superior and full of yourself
>>
>>37751221
Because you've been programmed to believe that being a cuck makes you a good person.
>>
>>37751405
The chads you look up to are nowhere near as whiny or selfish as you. You've only managed to be a bitch. Not strong or noble.
>>
>>37751427
You're really mad that I didn't play along with your ego trip.
>>
>>37751396
>>37751405
you must be extremely dull spiritually or a genuine demon person to think like this. either way seek help
>>
>>37751437
If someone ran up to me and rubbed shit all over himself and said "OWNED!", it doesn't affect me. He's only owning himself. Being disgusted by a self-destructive freak is all it is. i bet even your childhood self is a better man than you and wonders where you went so wrong.
>>
You are a cunt, bro.
>>
Because it IS good and you were designed to love and recognize goodness.

Those smelly, snaggle-toothed bums are Princes in the Kingdom of God. He adores them and so must we. Some can see the humanity shining through their eyes, others despise them for their neediness. The reason people won't look at a panhandler is that he pricks their conscience with his miserable gaze. They are practically agents of God begging the lost souls of the modern world to remember their humanity.

God bless you OP, check out the Catholic Worker.
>>
>>37751396
I agree. Once one finds happiness within themselves, everything outside seems pointless. I think this one consciousness nonsense is coined by people who are so profoundly depressed that they seek out the happiness of others even if they have to slave for them just to get a smile and a pat on the head.
>>
>>37751518
i feel the first few sentences. If i have already achieved contempt inside of myself, besides seeking another person to share it with, what even is the point? I literally need nothing besides the basics to survive. The only other spiritual i could say i lack is relationships. It ironically makes me feel like shit
>>
>>37751396
It is absolutely necessary to volunteer and give in a spirit of generosity and love. If that is not present, it is not giving or volunteering. It is getting and ego-tickling.

Anyone who has seriously gotten into the works of mercy has had to learn this.

The ones fighting a heroic battle of good and evil are the drug addicts, the alcoholics, the abused, the deformed, the dying. We who are healthy and well-cared for are in the rear of the battlefront as we work to assist them. It is far less significant as spiritual warfare but each must do the task handed to them.

May God bless all the world's poor, the lowliest most of all. May we awaken to serve those he has given a mightier struggle.
>>
>>37751544
lol this reads like a chatgpt prompt
>>
>>37751221
We yearn for community like the days of old, anon.
>>
>>37751549
Everyone seems to have an idea of how they can recognize AI text, but I assure you they are already indistinguishable.

I am a semi-obsessive reader that can recognize authors like Emerson or Dickinson given a long enough passage. I used to challenge myself by printing amateur poems and "great" poems and mixing them in a pile and then seeing if I could discern their authorship, and I got to be very good at it.

I asked an AI to compose me a poem about falling watermelons in iambic pentameter, and was given a poem that included several extremely clever puns and excellent cadence. I could not possibly have guessed it was AI.

Now, AI is purely derivative, I am not suggesting it is more intelligent at writing than Emerson or Dickinson. But it is able to chop up existing language and reconfigure it in a way that appears to be a human of some intelligence.
>>
>>37751587
>same anon

I think i get it. Whenever i read long chatGPT prompts it doesn't have that whimsical way of writing that a human with some decent writing can grasp, for example like i'm doing right now with the commas, adding in subjective-humanlike opinions to make the reader able to resonate with whatever it is im trying to quantize in their own little heads through the method of information that i am trying to direct said communication, in this case through the digital. The thing with ChatGPT is that it's 100% just trying to be objective... it's not programmed to be subjective at all. Cuz it's just a knowledge regurgitator anyway
>>
Because it feeds the will to power that is inherent to everyone (no exceptions).
>>
>>37751649
We have no idea what the fuck the source code of this shit is. Nobody knows what is going on in machine learning. And it can be controled for particular ends (the way Bing filters it for example).

AI can easily be tweaked to mimic human writing more or less. Obviously the overlords do not want to scare us out of participating, and obvioisly the more dystopian colors of current AI are hidden from us.

Also, you better believe DoD has access to the real cusp of AI, and you better believe it is tightly guarded.

You don't suppose the CIA was unaware we would be fighting with AI drones ten years ago do you? You don't think the national security apparatus let Silicone Valley have control over what is so clearly useful to military and intelligence groups with their infinite black budgets, right?

OpenAI is a fucking storefront
>>
>>37751458

>i bet even your childhood self is a better man than you and wonders where you went so wrong

We're both here posting on 4chan, little buddy.
>>
>>37751508
The problem with this thinking is that I can't feed everyone.
>>
>>37751818
I am not sure I follow... we can only give what we have. (Trying to do this kind of work alone is probably impossible. There are many, many groups and organizations of many types and kinds trying to feed the hungry, and we are fools if we do not try and find others to work with)
>>
>>37751818
There's way more problems with it than that. Some jew book telling you that genetic inferiors are better than you should raise all kinds of red flags.
>>
>>37751440
Cope harder faggot
>>
>>37751846
This will lead me to give up all my possessions and become homeless myself.
>>
File: 1707892560476900.jpg (179 KB, 800x755)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>37751670
Bigger the William
Shout out to durags
and nobody's news podcast
>>
>>37751221
Good for you anon. I used to donate blood and platelets regularly until I hit the limit for the year and I'm also registered to donate bone marrow if I'm called.
>>
A more science-y view might say that charity carries a really strong social benefit, and this improves your mood, probably, since we're all social.

Though I like to imagine it's something deeper.
>>
>>37751396
t. has never done volunteer work (or any work at all)
>>
Making the lives of other people easier is the biggest ego boost imaginable, even bigger than getting loads of pussy. this thread is full of self-obsessive Christfags, don't listen to them OP
The "grace of God" you feel when you're supposedly doing Gods work is nothing more than a chemical reaction in your body lmao, get over your selves losers
>>
File: 1000000208.png (294 KB, 600x865)
294 KB
294 KB PNG
Humans are social creatures. We're wired to help each other, it's how we became the dominant species on this rock. Sure it's an "ego boost," but don't you edgy retards find it the least bit interesting that doing good feels good? We can play semantics all day about how every man is a narcissist and we only do good things because it benefits our ego, but at the end of it all the fact remains that volunteers, whether they're smug christfags or naive FNB anarchist leftoids or who the fuck ever, are out there actually helping people.
Your sneering disrespect of volunteers is pathetic. make a couple bad decisions or get fucked over by the right person at the right time and you too could be standing in the soup line. Have some humility. You're a squishy, flawed meatbag like the rest of us.
>>
>>37751221
What did you go feed the homeless so they can rob your neighbors tonight OP?
>>
>>37751221
Because doing it makes your ego feel useful. You could litearlly just exercise in a park and it would feel the same.
>>
>>37756398
What have you done that felt so good? What does chartiy work even mean?
>>
>>37755260
>doing good feels good
if it does, then why is it so hard for people to do good without submitting to God? it doesn't just feel good, its a wild and awkward kind of sensation
>>
>>37756398
>You could litearlly just exercise in a park and it would feel the same
no you cannot, lmao
>>
>>37751221
Because it lets you jerk yourself off for moral superiority, the best kind of superiority because its illusory
>>
>>37755260
the people who do this crap [spoiler]like me[/spoiler] are already genetically inferior
and yes the fact that we have to provide labor for free is a sign of our inferior genetics
>>
>>37759055
the virgin empath vs the chad dark triad
>>
>>37751221
Why does violence and manipulation feel so good? I hate and look down on most people
>>
>>37751221
You're spreading love and receiving it. Even if you don't show it outward or even indicate with your body or actions. This is why being honest with our thoughts are important. We form this world around us and we are all connected.
>>
File: 294814614.gif (1.14 MB, 300x200)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB GIF
I thought helping others was a good thing, but actually doing it, I feel only total emptiness. The people who need help will always need help and always rely on others to help them. Facilitating the unsustainable lifestyle of those who can't handle their own problems helps absolutely no one. They get no happiness from it, only the extension and expansion of their suffering. To truly save them, you'd have to re-educate them from the ground up, essentially rebuild their whole person, and what their parents and teachers failed to achieve, you're not going to pull off either.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.