[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1689514011789845.png (11 KB, 528x444)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
How do you describe concioussness into words without using your current frame of mind? You'd have to remember all your past experiences with conciousness to even have a simple description. I'd be fun to attempt to see if anyone gets close.
>>
>>37754558
Consciousness is tracing a line across a surface. You can go backwards and forwards. At each moment in tracing that line you have a position and an orientation.
>>
>>37754576
Not a bad description if I do say so myself
>>
Consciousness is divine in origin and essence while also being entirely incomprehensible in human language or thought.

You are confused because of Descartes. It should be "cogito ergo est." Better yet, "Cogito ergo Deus est." The thinker is that which cannot explain why it is thinking.

Finally, a damning argument:
Science requires the a priori assumption of The Scientist, AND the a priori assumption of The Lab, AND the a priori assumption of the Coherent Reality.

It then struggles to define consciousness, being and the laws of reality. Until the death of mankind.

R.I.P.
>>
File: IMG_4476.jpg (32 KB, 485x322)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>37754558
知らず知らず 歩いて来た
細く長いこの道
振り返れば 遥か遠く
故郷が見える
でこぼこ道や 曲がりくねった道
地図さえない それもまた人生
ああ川の流れのように
ゆるやかに いくつも 時代は過ぎて
ああ川の流れのように
とめどなく 空が黄昏に 染まるだけ
生きることは 旅すること
終わりのない この道
愛する人 そばに連れて
夢探しながら
雨に降られて ぬかるんだ道でも
いつかはまた 晴れる日が来るから
>>
>>37754558
Hardrive bank in cooling towers bouncing consciousness from server to server
>>
>>37754576
Time is linear
>>
>>37754639
Does the Japanese language have a dictionary?

Similar to:
Noun
Adjective
Verb
Adverb
Pronoun
>>
>>37754711
>he rejects ancient metaphor as nonsense but delights in technological neoligsms as the appropriate terminology for describing what has existed for 14 billion 638 thousand 946 years prior to science.

Odd.
>>
>>37754558
Wheat clench blue sky vomit rivers veins eyes mirror fire ice red flame blade witch stone bone flesh cry scream bird fly black fall dark water light blood cry.
>>
>>37754737
See post above I wonder what the vocabulary used to describe consciousness was 2,000 to 2 bills years ago. Not so odd if you critical thinking skills….
>>
>>37754736
Soka baka desu yo
>>
>>37754780
How’s that dictionary coming?
https://www.merriam-webster.com/
>>
>>37754558
They all hate me. Here's it.
Take a stone, a smooth one.
Throw it in the water.
Then, take it out.
It's darker because it's wet, right?
There. That's consciousness.
>>
>>37754800
Just change the site to “Japanese” I’ll tell you what language will be the down fall of this simulation. I’m the only one out here calling bullshit. On Japanese and Mandarin characters some how translating to English words. What the fuck is even you alphabet.
>>
>>37754750
The previous 200 years is 0.005% of human history taking the figure (supremely in your favor) of 40,000 years of human lingustic life. I am aware that animals do not use the word theophany. I find it Odd you choose to share their ignorance of it.
>>
>>37754813
Is there a specific character for every word in the English language? What’s the character for consciousness. Chinese and the Japanese make great slaves….
>>
>>37754815
Yea so consciousness was like that of animals… I find it funny how you think using fancy words makes your IQ high.
>>
>>37754558
consciousness is what moves to remember those experiences
>>
File: IMG_20240423_061550.jpg (56 KB, 451x365)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>37754852
Not right, your hippocampus does all that and it follows all known laws in the universe such as time and matter
>>
>>37754827
I disagree with metaphorical descriptions of human consciousness which rely on neoligisms born of technology which did not exist until my lifetime. If that isn't a description couched in "current frame of mind" I do not know what is.
>>
File: IMG_20240423_062222.jpg (48 KB, 308x360)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>37754860
A better description would be, it's the thing which STARTS to remember those experience rather then imply movement
>>
>>37754860
what's going through it anon lmao
>>
>>37754558
It literally can't be done.
Because your "mind" is made up of consciousness too, thoughts are conscious experiences.

Trying to explain one conscious experience in terms of another is like trying to explain sound in terms of taste. Or color in terms of smell.
The mind cannot understand what consciousness is. That's why not even the best philosophers of all time have ever been able to come up with a definition for it, despite thousands of years of trying.

However... You can understand what consciousness is. Just not through "mind". Because you exist beyond the mind. You know what color is, even if your mind can't. You know what sound is even if your mind doesn't. Etc.
>>
>>37754878
We are talking about words… nothing to do with technology. The expansion of language to describe consciousness. Memory / Emotion / Imagination / Thought / and let’s not forget a dream. Oh wow you know what’s funny. I might just be right. You might just be ignorant.
>>
File: IMG_4440.jpg (2.52 MB, 5054x4777)
2.52 MB
2.52 MB JPG
>>
>>37754558
>I AM
>>
>>37754879
I think you can have consciousness without memory. I don’t know if memory is required for consciousness.
>>
>>37754576
Position may just be a function of time. Without time, consciousness may just be an orientation on that line. Without orientation, consciousness may just be position on that line. I don’t know if you can have consciousness without time or space. Consciousness may just emerge from observation of time and space.
>>
>>37755187
But this misses the ability for consciousness to affect the line it’s on. It may not be able to. It may just observe other things influencing that line. Those other things may be deterministic in which case the line never moves.
>>
>>37755192
The inability for that deterministic line to move is what allows consciousness to determine its position in space and time. This thesis doesn’t feel right. I’ve not seen any consciousness able to understand itself. With a non deterministic line, the consciousness floats on the whims of the line.
>>
File: seriph3.jpg (6 KB, 249x202)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>37754558
The temporarily pacifiable and perception navigational construct of singularity.

The more memory in one area of study/living the more bias towards perception that the fundamental rules of self are as designated by your own lack of balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Gw6r6HooA

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.