[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is this another case of the mandella effect? I've literally never knew about this painting by Hitler until yesterday...
>>
>>37758685
I'm pretty sure it's a meme, anon
>>
>>37758685
It's not very good.
>>
>>37758873
it's real.
>>
>>37759337
I was going to say. Even in the corpus of Hitlers other work this one isn't particularly strong. Hitler was a very competent amateur artist. What he really needed was technical instruction and to go back and refine his mastery of the fundamentals, particularly regarding perspective the shortcomings of which you can very easilly see in his architectural paintings. His landscapes can actually be quite nice to look at. The sort you'd hang in your home to make the walls feel less barren.
Hitler was never going to be one of the greats, he likely would never have ended up in a museum except maybe that of a local historical society in whatever alternate universe municipality painter Hitler lived in but he definitely could have been a regional hidden gem, the kinds whose paintings you see hanging in your grandparents houses and never stop to think "I wonder where they got that from".
>>
>>37759337
It is tho...
>>
File: 1713732922015721.jpg (223 KB, 1280x970)
223 KB
223 KB JPG
>>37758685
I thought he only painted landscapes but no. The fact his perspective is off so often despite the paintings being decent means that he was likely entirely self-taught. Not a mean feat.
>>
>>37760350
That looks really good to me i like the perspective off it looks dreamy
>>
>>37760369
It does. No, not this painting. More like this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Adolf_Hitler_-_Schloss_Neuschwanstein.jpg
>>
bump for interest
>>
File: IMG_4505.jpg (44 KB, 480x780)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>37758685
He should’ve been a mangaka. A starving, poor, obscure mangaka.
>>
>>37759337
Most of Hitler's paintings aren't. There's a reason that art school didn't admit him.
>>
>>37763627
He would have been admitted if he were jewish or if his dad were a graduate.
>>
>>37759337
If someone gave it to me and I didn't know; I'd hang it up. I'd still hang up Hitler's painting too. I feel like people would be impressed if I owned a Hitler.
>>
>>37763640
I don't know the specifics, but I assume the latter is true.
>>
>>37763670
I know a story of a (by all accounts from trained actors) talentless acting student who was admitted into acting school based on his father's attendance there. You don't need talent if you have connections but talent alone is often not enough. And these aren't paintings that don't show promise. Perspective is rather straightforward for somebody who can mix colors.
>>
>>37763722
yeah it's like that in the least corrupt places to have ever existed even.
>>
>>37763732
Yea..
>>
bump
>>
>>37758685
Looks almost like something from the Sinister Tarot.
>>
>>37763627
If he were good why would he need art school
>>
Looks bad, not as bad as me drawing, but bad enough to commit genocide.
>>
the real test of a person's ability to separate the art from the artist.

most can't. it's why they're in prison on earth.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.