[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Anthropologist.jpg (48 KB, 728x455)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
So what's the deal with Rosicrucianism?
Why aren't they getting the same amount of flak like pedo Masons are, when some youtube video basically says they're just a "royal order" of gaysons? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmk3aEMyVAs

Also, why does some old thread on Kardecist spiritism mention Rosicrucianism? This almost makes them sound like they're good? https://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/36494174/#36495755
>>
>>37758851
it's just group of old people larping you don't need to know everything
>>
>>37758851
It's all the same people at the top.
>>
>>37758851
>Why aren't they getting the same amount of flak
because they're holy. you can join AMoRC for $15/mo and read the official PDFs yourself.
>>
>>37758910
will name dropping them on loas/manifestations get me better results because i did that one time and it worked
>>
>>37758851
bump
they have a branch in my area so I just learned they exist and want to see what /x/ knows
>>
File: 87542435678.png (171 KB, 943x687)
171 KB
171 KB PNG
>>37758851
Probably because people who practice Masonry seem to be everywhere these days while Rosicrucians aren't as ubiquitous.
>>
>>37758851
Spiritism was in part born out of Rosicrocianism. It's was a movement founded my many esoteric orders, each choosing which part of their knowledge they wanted to make public, which included some bad intentions and deceptions from some parts.

It must be said, Rosicruscians are in general againsy the use of mediumship, and they prefer their members to learn very slowly and give attention to moral development first, magic later.
>>
>>37758851
>>37758869
>>37758885
>>37761700
When you talk about the Rosicrucians, you have to make a deep big skeptical gap between the known, verified historical event of a person or group of people calling themselves “the Rosicrucians” with some pamphlets/letters/manifestos they disseminated anonymously, making somewhat of a row among some early European scholars and audiences of the early 1600s, a gap between this and the groups are called “Rosicrucians” now, or even societies created with that name just a few decades after these original pamphlets.

The legend of Christian Rosenkreuntz in the original German manifestos (the esteemed founder who traveled throughout the East and Middle East to learn of various mystery schools and esoteric teachings, then returned to the West to establish this knowledge here through the founding of The Brethren of the Rosy Cross, The Fraternity of the Rose Cross, the Rosicrucian Brotherhood, and whatever else it’s been called), is clearly an allegory. His name means “Christian Rose-Cross” (Rosenkreutz).

Later, a German theologian Johannes Valentinus Andreae claimed it was his work, and a satire, a hoax, of people’s interest in topics like astrology, alchemy, magic, esotericism, secret societies, Masonic secrets, and great ancient secrets generally, Hermeticism and the general interest in the occult of many Renaissance scholars, etc. We don’t actually know if this true, if he may have been a fame-seeker, or it may even have been some involved elaborate mindfuck of him even being put up to it by whatever “Rosicrucians” as a blind and an exoteric answer to further shield themselves from the prying of those not ready for it (or even as a defense from charges of heresy in a religiously authoritarian climate).

Anyway, it’s highly unlikely some modern AMORC branch you find in California or wherever is actually in a genuine chain of initiation for this original event (or non-event).
>>
>>37761806
I'm pretty sure AMORC founders had some contact with true masters from Europe (possibly Allois Mailander), but it's considered good practice for people speak on their own behalf, rather than on the behalf of some hidden leader.

So it's true that AMORCs material doesn't derive directly from the true masters, but there is some influence from them.
>>
>>37761806
(I have some stupidly bad typos I’m too lazy to go back to and mention, just know I’m not ESL, it’s just that I’m tired and a little stoned.)

Also another even more interesting hypothesis I’ve read, if you don’t like that post and think it’s an elaborate non-answer meant to cut off further discussion, is that it was started by something like a group of universalist Sufis (having a universalist/esoteric view on religion they kept private from the public out of fear of persecution, but genuinely practiced among themselves) initiating some Westerners into it and charging them with carrying the teachings to the West. This is claimed based on some similarities to the Qadirriya dervish order, founded by Abdul Qadir Gilani, and possible coincidences like for instance the symbol of the Qadiriyya being a rose, etc, and other things I’m not sure I remember perfectly enough to repeat, one I think something like an interlinguistic pun, where “rose” in Arabic is “ward” or “warad”, meant as a symbol of the Arabic word “wird” since it sounds so close to it, “wird” meaning prayer/litany/the use of those words in repetitions to oneself among Muslim/Sufis as a spiritual practice like repetition of prayers or mantras in other languages. So the rose is supposedly a symbol of a spiritual exercise. And the cross is because they believe they’re an authentic continuation of and have the true meaning of Christ’s teachings (regarded as a divinely inspired prophet and profound teacher of wisdom in Islam and Sufism).

This might be bullshit. The original legend of Christian Rosenkreutz does however include:

>On his journeys to the Holy Land as well as through northern Africa and Spain, he is said to have discovered and learned various forms of esoteric wisdom. This journey, which would have taken place in the early 15th century, would have placed him among Turkish, Arab, Jewish, and Persian sages, and possibly Sufi or Zoroastrian masters.
>>
>>37761789
>It's was a movement founded my many esoteric orders
Wow I didn't know we had such big shots posting here on /x/, I guess it goes to show that not all of it is larp huh?
>>
>>37761976
This is public informantion dumbass, you can find it trought google if you know what to search
>>
>>37762033
Sorry, it's not every day I get to meet my idols in flesh
>>
>>37761806
Thank you! I appreciate the infodump.
For 15$/mo maybe I'll check it out. I'm just afraid it's going to be as cringy as I'm imagining.
>>
>>37761700
Lol no they don’t. The Rosicrucian Order is one of the most secret orders on the planet. If anyone tells you they are one they are lying because it’s a secret that if found out you have to die.
>>
>>37761893
>>37761806
anyone else find it odd that His story is bizarrely similar to Apollonius of tyana, in that it follows similar beats?
>>
>>37758851
>So what's the deal with Rosicrucianism?

That's a pretty big question that kinda branches of into many smaller ones.

>Who are Rosicrucians
Christian mystics whose existence was first asserted during the time of the early reformation in a series of texts that may or may not have been written by a religious scholar named Valentin Andrea
who may or may not have late readmitted that they were purely satirical and no real Rosicrucian order ever existed.

>So has there ever been an authentic Rosicrucian order?

Now that's the hard part. If Andreae was bullshitting and there was really such a thing as a genuine Rosicrucian order, it's impossible to say whom it consisted of or what became of it. There are plenty of groups who labelled themselves Rosicrucians throughout history and practiced some kind of Christian Hermeticism but whether any of them have any lineage from the original order is doubtful.

>So what's up with all the Rosicrucian groups that are around now?

It's a very heterogenous group and whether any of those is authentic and whether there even is an original Rosicrucian Order to be authentic to, is dubious. You got AMORC, which teaches some hippie new age stuff, the Lectorium Rosecrucianum which are weird dogmatic gnostic cultists, you got BOTA which in turn split off from Golden Dawn and studies the Tarot and the Kaballah, weird shit like Anthroposophy which claims some inspiration from it and of course the SRIA, which is a subgroup of the masons.

>Are any of them up to anything sinister?

I don't know. On face value I don't think any of the well known rosicrucian groups is big enough to entertain any big schemes.

There was, however, a splinter group of AMORC called the Solar Templars in France that was up to some pretty bloodthirsty shit in the 90's. It's quite a rabbit hole.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Solar_Temple
>>
bump

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.