[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1541910917752.png (88 KB, 1024x1280)
88 KB
88 KB PNG
Desire leads to suffering
>>
File: Endman of Futuron.jpg (68 KB, 899x606)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
Desire leads to self improvement to obtain what one desires.
>>
File: 5dc.png (311 KB, 1024x1024)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
Desire leads to suffering
>>
hiding frog and wojak garbage improves the board
>>
Technically it is ignorant craving, treating yourself as an eternal essence/self/substance.
>>
>>37760909
Does suffering not lead to desire? The desire to not suffer?
>>
>>37760955
I like frog wojak though
>>
>>37760909
ngl I don't have anything against Buddhism, it definitely has some great and insightful things about it but "lmao just desire nothing" just kind of seems like a copout on life so you never feel sorrow. It feels like a life style where instead of taking the greatest highs and abysmal lows, you just live in a perpetual state of mids that fluctuate slightly up and down.
>>
File: hello fellow 4channers.gif (3.33 MB, 310x310)
3.33 MB
3.33 MB GIF
>>37760955
I agree. "Pepe Frog" and "Wo Jack" are indecipherable.
>>
*desire (to change anything within creation) is suffering
>>
>>37761146
It is not really about desire. Things like courage and compassion are good to desire even. However, it is because they don't make reference to a self in a meaningful sense. Here is an explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFSNiT7-mD8
>>
File: 30705736619.jpg (410 KB, 1856x2377)
410 KB
410 KB JPG
>>37760928
Lazarus long is a better name my unread lego friend
>>
Humans are hope constructed creatures, It is bound within us to desire hope, Extinguishing hope is detrimental as it shuts our emotional yearning which keeps us going therefore it kills our positivity and lead us to being negative.

We cannot fundamentally extinguish hope and live in present, There will always be hope or a yearn for something. Humans are bound to suffer with hope, If hope was extinguished then suicide is what's waiting for the person.

Emptiness is the isthmus, the central between Life and death. After achieving our goal we reach Happiness which is the purest form of emotions and afterwards it's followed by Emptiness thus we have to repeat the same instance.

So Emptiness is our life, Emptiness is our drive, Society tried to distract us from Emptiness so the fall is extremely damaging which leads to the suicide of many and the reliance on hedonism.
>>
Fatty just mad cuz he eats too much and can't put down the fork.
>>
>>37761146
Desiring nothing is essential to revoke Hedonism and become Ascetistic.

But i agree with you we're humans why should we revoke hope and be dull
>>
>>37761172
>If hope was extinguished then suicide is what's waiting for the person.
guess thats me kek
>>
Ur literally fat tho
>>
File: 1711743968255725.png (887 KB, 849x1287)
887 KB
887 KB PNG
But will we talk about that?
>>
>>37761184
Don't remove hope, keep your hope.

Society wants Men to lose hope in order to be more exposed to the abyss of emptiness and indulge in hedonism. The more you're exposed the more your fall is harder
>>
>>37761220
Buddha Trump goes insanely hard
>>
>>37761223
oh i have hope alright
but im 23 years old
day by day the hope is fading away
suicide seems like a walk in the park
plus im an only child so yeah
>>
>>37761244
Do not worry if you acknowledge that you're suicidal then you're yearning for a better life, That's hope.

Society wants Men to see Relationship as the only basis of this society, which leads to this Pandemic of "lonely" men but in reality everyone is just submerged in their "fetisihized" "tragically beautiful" Depression which they seem to unknowingly and unintentionally be indulging in.

Men never gave a fuck about relationships that much, They were always alone but they saw it as something that's only substantial not essential, they knew it'll come.

Nowadays you have men who are young yet they think that their life has ended. I feel sad for whoever crossed that path.

I have fell also to this trick but it's not over. We must isolate from Society and embrace Emptiness in order to fundamentally live in a true world, If Emptiness is not embraced early on then later it will eat you out alive.
>>
>>37760928
you can only achieve what your genes allow you to. there is no self improvement. you just choose what your genes let you be good at.
and the feeling of pleasure fades within 3 months. then youre back desiring something new.
you can always find new reasons to hate your circumstances though. pleasure is limited, suffering is infinite.
>>
>>37761391
>you can always find new reasons to hate your circumstances though
If you're a depressive little queer, sure.
>>
>>37761401
lmao grow up
theres infinite things in life you can never have. better not to play pretend, falling from your delusions hurts
>>
>>37761441
>theres infinite things in life you can never have.
Ok? And?
>>
>>37760909
How could the Buddha be both enlightened and obese?
>>
File: 1536003491678.png (296 KB, 500x500)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>37761164
>we keep coming back to quench our thirst
Oh my God I get it now, this is why there are so many people on this earth, we have such abundance of entertainment that our thirst never stops, it just gets worse and worse every life, not only that but their entertainment is a medium for their manifestations, it's all just complex hypersigils. It's literally a trap for our souls to keep in this plane forever, they use our souls for energy, as unwitting conduits to manifest their desires through their sigils
>>
>>37761727
Ummm ackshully, there's no historical evidence to suggest that the Buddha was obese. In fact, traditional depictions of the Buddha show him as being lean and ascetic, reflecting his lifestyle of moderation and renunciation of excess. So, your assertion that the Buddha was obese is simply incorrect.
>>
File: 1713791512919381.gif (36 KB, 250x228)
36 KB
36 KB GIF
>>37760909
True dat
>>
>>37760909
suffering is the outcome of a multivariate equation of which desire accounts only a marginal amount of the total variance
>>
>>37760909
Not wanting anything will mean you’re just sitting down all day being a plant.
>>
>>37765708
That sounds based though

I can contribute to the environment by producing oxygen too if I was a plant
>>
>>37761146
For us sensitive people we need that

To me personally anyone excited about both the "exceptional highs" as well as the "abysmal lows" is somewhat of a masochist, I'm willing to give up the hyper joys if it means I don't get broken or hurt hard for no reason
>>
>>37760909
Does the desire to avoid suffering also do that?
>>
>>37765732
That sounds like an actual bitch way to approach life, I apologize. I also say this as an aspie who can feel emotions at levels normalfags can't comprehend.

t. someone who has had indescribable highs and abysmal lows and is now almost 30

I'm glad I didn't kill myself years ago, things do get better but you do have to actually put in the effort.
>>
>>37761220
>you’ll get so tired of shanti you’ll say you’re bored of samsara
>>
File: Buddhism.jpg (280 KB, 1242x862)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>37760909
>>
File: 1713736222539710.gif (1.97 MB, 260x229)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB GIF
Suffering leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side
But to be angry is to be human
>>
>>37765727
if only we could industrialize the production of oxygen
>>
>>37761179
>become Ascetistic.
A desire. The material world doesn't corrupt unless you let it. One can be rich without actively desiring money and being upset if money is lost. See the law of attraction for starters.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.