[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1705706808973782.jpg (278 KB, 790x1082)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
Let's talk about what I like to refer to as "The basic Meditative state".

For me this state is like going into "observer" mode, it feels like I'm taking a step back from everything which I perceive (senses, emotions, thoughts) and instead of being absorbed by them I am instead watching them from a neutral point of view.

I can do this during all activities but if I do it while sitting in the dark I sometimes get to a point in which I get so far away from all those thoughts, daydreams, emotions e.t.c. that I am left in true silence.

Here are my 2 questions:

1) People say that if I stay in that silent state then things will happen but others say that I have to focus on who is watching the silence or that I have to focus on my focusing, how can I do these? I can't seem to garsp them.

2) If meditation can be used to do many other things then how do I do that? People say for example that they can focus on parts of their body and "energize them" or that they can access old forgotten memories through meditation etc. To me doing anything else besides observing during meditation seems like I'm just daydreaming or that I'm producing thoughts (and I can then distance myself from them like I described before thus ending them).
>>
Use your imagination.
To energize part of your body; just imagine your hand (example) and with each breathe feel how you gather energy on there.
There are many types of meditation, try chanting one of the six main chakras (Svadhishthana = Vam example) with each inhale. Your thought might change to this kind of "energy": sexual, emotive, creative... Etc. and just observe them.
IMO staying quiet only works for a peace mindset. If you look for something else, try "asking" to your subconsciouss... and let your imagination take the driver chair.
>>
You can direct your awareness towards anything, yes unstucking it from your thoughts and emotions is one thing and it seems that you've become good at it but once you're in that silence you can focus on anything else like your root chakra and just focusing on it will literally energize it.
>>
>>37764525
>I am left in true silence.
Do you enjoy it? These states usually open up more after we spend time in them.
>>
>>37764525
> I can't seem to garsp them.
Yes
You're meant to ponder this until you come to a great wisdom that your teacher will confirm.
>>
File: 1708208015359249.jpg (311 KB, 1936x1936)
311 KB
311 KB JPG
>>37764525
Third eye does the seeing and crown chakra is the receiver, focus on these to help them open.
>>
Seems that those questions are also something you have to also distance yourself from in order to understand and get answers to. Just my 2 cents.
>>
>>37764601
>>37764997
I understand what you're saying and from what I've observed I always encounter thoughts which doubt what I'm doing (for example I begin chanting and I instantly question it) thus making any other meditation technique fail/fade away and I return to the neutral/nothingness state.
>>
>>37765138
Can you recommend a book or a good place to start for someone who knows nothing about chakras?
>>
>>37766133
Couple hundred good starter books, make sure you pick a Western author who doesn't spew Asian terms.
>>
Try to find the center of your identity within your own mind
>>
>>37766168
>ignore eastern sources on eastern science
based retard
>>
>>37766257
He's obviously taking the piss.
>>
>>37766257
Couple thousand years of self promoted teachers have done a lot of damage to the traditions, it takes hundreds of hours to simply master the language they use. After becoming a master of the language you notice how people use it wrongly like by mix different schools together. All of the truths can be said simply in English.
>>
>>37766214
nta I have tried doing this multiple times by stripping out all of my physical, personal, mental attributes so I can get to the pure awareness. But I keep getting stuck on "where are these thoughts coming from".
The thoughts are not me, but they also necessarily have to be a creation of *Me* like *i* am. I can't reconcile this.
>>
>>37765886
You are right, everything in this life is a larp, a facade, it's fake, ignore all this "muh chakra energy" and other stuff, stay in silence and distance yourself from wanting to achieve energy, visualizations, past life regressions and other stuff, if something is to come to you then it will come but remember that it too will leave.
>>
>>37766345
(I'm not the anon you're quoting)
Aren't the thoughts you speak of part of your persona? I mean, aren't they part of your past experiences? If yes then you are probably stuck with them for some reason, try viewing them with crystal clear clarity and try to see why they keep coming up.
>>
>>37764525
You are using "meditation" to mean a very specific type of meditation, for a very specific type of goal.
There are many types of meditation, with many goals in mind.
>If meditation can be used to do many other things then how do I do that?
Meditation is deliberate focus of awareness.
Sports athletes will use a form called visualization to help build confidence that they will emerge triumphant before the event.
Students will meditate on scholastic books to help memorize data and utilize that data to understand deeper concepts and procedures.
Marathon runners will enter a deep state of meditation through the determined push through the body's insistence to rest.
Rave participants will lose their sense of self as they meditate on the mood and flow of the crowd.

Once you move away from the Buddhist limitation on exactly what meditation is, you will find entire continents worth of new ways and states waiting for you.
>>
Once in that state of silence you can do many things, you can even astral project while sitting (even without back support).

Maybe you aren't really in silence?
>>
>>37764525
Videos on Meditation and being present:

https://youtu.be/yfaOs9JhAxk
https://youtu.be/Q1RfqgmbHCQ
>>
>>37767526
Ok thanks. I'm not Buddhist nor I have studied it but I understand what you're saying.

I'll try focusing all my awareness on something else next time, I am sure that thoughts of doubt will pop up but I will just ignore them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.