[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Eh kinda.png (585 KB, 860x484)
585 KB
585 KB PNG
I have never had anything happen to me that was paranormal. I've wanted to, but I guess I don't have the gift or whatever. What a do have is a few stories that were weird. Things that you can't properly explain to people, so you don't bother. Most of these involve "synchronicity". I want to hear your stories if you have anything like these.
I'll start off with the tamest example. Once my brother and I were hanging out. The radio on the car was broken, so we were driving in silence. My brother asked me if I knew what he was thinking about. I jokingly just said what was on my mind. Billy Idol. I wanted to listen to Billy Idol. He went quiet. Started smiling and shaking his head. 30 seconds later he said "you cannot be serious" and laughed. Turns out he was also wishing he was listening to Billy Idol. Now if we told that story, people would assume that Billy Idol is our favorite artist, or that we had both listened to him recently. It wasn't the case. But people would assume that anyway.
Another story. Once I was watching my parent’s dogs. I asked my brother if he wanted to come and watch a movie and play some monster hunter. He came over. At around 2 in the morning he left for home. He lives about 8 miles out of town. I began to clean up the kitchen. As I was cleaning, I heard my name being yelled. Let’s say my name is Paul. I heard "PAUL!" like it was yelled from a few rooms over, but it seemed to come from every direction. It was my brother’s voice. I was stunned, and yelled his name back. I figured he had come back and was locked out. I searched the outside of the house, and did a room by room check of everywhere including the basement. I was alone. It’s not the first time I had imagined hearing my name being called so I just finished cleaning and went to bed. The next day I went back to the area my brother and I live.
>>
(Part 2) I stopped by his house and began talking with him. I decided to tell him that I imagined his name being called. He got a look of shock on his face. He then asked me if I was screwing with him. I asked him what he meant and he explained that he had been in bed around 2 or 3 and he heard me yell his name. Said I yelled it in a way like I was looking for him or I was spooked. He called back to me angrily because he was almost asleep. He went outside and could not find me, and said he had imagined it. If we told people that story, people would say it was just a coincidence and that it’s because we had hung out that evening. That we knew how we called out to each other and imagined it. But that doesn’t feel right. Too many pieces and the time frame fit together to make it into something way weirder. But no one would ever take it seriously, especially since I don’t have a good explanation or even a notion what any of it could mean.
The last one I will tell is the one that may be the most easily explained away, but feels the weirdest. My family owns a cabin up in the mountains. There is a generator, and old flat screen tv, and a blu-ray player. My brother and I would go buy groceries and head up on weekends back then. We would take turns each week with responsibilities. One of us would run in the store, the other would go to the red box and pick out a horror movie. We saw some real bad movies, and some real underrated gems back then, which is why we liked the genre so much. I could be mystery science, or something awesome. It was the luck of the draw. This time it was my turn to pick. I started scrolling through the pages and found one that caught my eye. It was this white background. There was a man’s face from the side on the bottom left portion of the image looking upwards in horror. His face was in black, white and grey.
>>
(Part 3) His lips were sealed together in connected strips of flesh, almost like his mouth had melted together leaving him room to open his mouth, but having it permanently sealed by the grotesque flesh. He was staring at the title at the top. The title was “I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream” written in black or grey, sharp looking letters (This happened years ago so it is a little fuzzy). I put it in my cart, but then decided it looked like too big of a risk and chose a different movie. I think the movie I picked was about a door in India that separated the living from the dead, and some foreign couple had stumbled onto it because their kid was dead or something. It was ok. Nothing memorable. A couple of years later, I remembered the movie I had almost checked out. I began looking up details. I found the short story, and read it. I loved it. I found the game on steam. I played it. But no matter what I did, I could not find a movie by that title. It did not exist. I made up the whole thing. I have looked for similar images. Found some, but nothing was close. There was a slipknot album or something that had a dude being tortured on it that was similar to the description of the man on the cover, but it wasn’t close. There is a video game that kind of had a similar layout and vibe, but wasn’t that close. I tried to find out if I had heard the name of the story somewhere, but couldn’t. I could take you to that exact grocery store, at that exact time of year, at that same red box that stands there today. I created a movie that does not exist named after a story I had never read or heard of before. People I have told this to think I must have created the memory from bits and pieces of things I heard over the course of my life, or that I made it up. Maybe I did create the memory somehow, but I have never done anything like that before or since.
>>
(Part 4) The reason I told you these relatively boring stories is to hear yours if you don’t mind. I want to hear something that made you scratch your head. Or something that made you say “huh” out loud. Something seemingly insignificant, but sometimes keeps you up at night wondering if you can trust your own memory, your own eyes, or wonder if bigger things are going on, and you got a brief glimpse of it before blinking and finding reality again. But it was probably nothing, right?
>>
(Part 1, Scene Me) Nothing I think of ever happens.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.