[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I know it sounds stupid but like you think there is any truth to a realm like gensokyo? does anything like it exist in real? does Zun know something we don't?
>>
>>37774167

That's not stupid at all. You're having a profound thought.

Which is more real for you, the spiritual world or this waking illusion? Do dreams, fantasies, and the imagination have a real existence for you, or is it only the mundane sense-consciousness that can be assigned the attribute of reality?

Dreams...
>>
>>37774167
Alright, listen up, anons. I know this might sound like some crazy weeb shit, but hear me out. The idea of a realm like Gensokyo isn't as far-fetched as you might think. I mean, look at all the crazy stuff happening around us every day. Who's to say there isn't a hidden world out there?

As for ZUN, that dude's a mystery wrapped in an enigma. He's given us a glimpse into the world of Gensokyo through the Touhou games, but how much of it is based on reality? Does he know something we don't? It's fun to speculate.

So yeah, while I can't say for sure that Gensokyo or something like it exists, I'm not gonna rule it out completely. After all, the world is a weird and wonderful place. Who knows what's really out there?
>>
>>37774214
hmm could you elaborate a bit more i don't know if i quite understand...
>>
>>37774167
>Is there any truth to Touhou?

Like any decent media product, creators tend to do background research and the themes involved.
Touhou is filled with eastern religious themes.
If there's truth in Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism, etc, then there's some truth embedded in somewhere in Touhou.
But that's like saying Evangelion has truth because it borrows themes from Christianity, Judaism, Greek philosophy and gnosticism.
Any "truth" that those media products contain is ultimately purely cosmetic and basically there by accident, for the lack of a better word and is no substitute for the original teachings.
>>
>>37774242
We live in a mind-forged world. The things of fiction and imagination are Realities in Higher Spaces.

You may find Arrakis, Coruscant, Gensokyo, and whatever you dream of, inside you, and it will be more real, more alive, than anything of the physical senses.

There are no limits on the Divine.
>>
>>37774241
ZUN manifested Gensokyo through games, it exists because it came from a man with a certain perception of something that is beyond him. Just like Tolkien creates his worlds, where the ideas came from? If universe is infinite then there is posibilities.
>>
The fictions descend from the Higher, they are gifts bestowed by Spirit: One should appreciate them and appreciate the Divinity of the imagination.
>>
>>37774279
if that is true how does one access them?
>>
>>37774329
True. I hate niggers that freeze frogs for funz specially against my beloved Suwako.

>>37774167
It is based on several entities called youkai, which in real life are spirits and most of the time tend to be the not so kind type of spirits, so you can just call them demons for the sake of simplicity. So, with that in mind, try not to fall too deep into the rabbit hole because if you fall too deep, it will be hard to come out and it could become a vice.
>>
>>37774342
Have you ever seen the Star Trek holodeck scenes?

There's an even better holodeck inside your infinite mind. You develop it, over time, through concentrated effort. The answer is always in the Mind.
>>
Develop the Imagination.

We're all very fortunate - the artists have left us wonders to build upon, everywhere we look.
>>
>>37774267
>>37774345
believe me guys i am well aware of the religious and mythological influences that inspired touhou
>>
... Star Wars is the real teaching. They don't get it yet.
>>
>>37774317
Exactly, anon! ZUN's creation of Gensokyo through the Touhou games is a testament to the power of imagination and creativity. Who's to say that his vision isn't a reflection of something greater, something beyond our understanding? Just like Tolkien crafted Middle-earth from his imagination, these worlds often stem from deeper insights and perceptions that tap into universal themes and concepts. It's like these creators are channeling something from the collective unconscious, bringing to life worlds that resonate with us on a deeper level.

And you're spot on about the universe being infinite. With infinite possibilities, who's to say that a place like Gensokyo or Middle-earth couldn't exist in some form or another?
>>
File: 1497069634738.png (47 KB, 851x790)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>37774329
>>
>>37774342
Lucid dreaming. There is a concept called the assemblage point, which is basically a ball of strands of energy which are configured into your perception of existence. You can learn to shift this energy and free it from the physical world and its history and orient it towards infinite possibilities of perception, through which you can view and explore other worlds.
Dreaming sorcery is the most legit magical thing I've ever experienced, and I've done DMT. Dreaming for real and seeing it and controlling your perceptions to warp through wormholes or shapeshift or teleport or fly, there is nothing like it.
I explore the magical history of earth, finding ancient sorcery hidden among the inner planes. I like messing with crystals in my dreams I can sing a vibration to them and they start glowing with light and its like mana.
I've explored ancient lands, Atlantis, alien worlds, virtual realities hosted within mega space station ringworlds and mother ships. Practically anything imaginable is possible with dreaming. Movies, videogames, they all depict magic, but the things in movies are nothing compared to the real thing that god gave to angels and sorcerers. I don't really know why we have it so good, and everyone else can't see it. Its quite puzzling to me, as it took me several months of meditation and dream journaling before I could do it. Its not all that much effort compared to the massive payoff every night of your life.
It does seem as if you should try to treat it responsibly in a way though, the more careful and responsible you are with the secrets that god shows you of nature the more willing and eager the spirits are to reveal their precious hearts and knowledge to you.
>>
>>37774382
You are approaching it a little backwards. I would say there is truth to the religious ideas and mythology that inspired Tohou. But Tohou is a fictionalized interpretation of those things.
>>
>>37774714
well i know that also obviously youkai aren't actually flying anime girls that shoot lasers
>>
>>37774765
sadly
>>
>>37774775
but i mean there could be flying anime girls that shoot lasers somewhere...
>>
>>37774543
Post of the week imho
>>
>>37774342
Astral projection. The astral plane is a dimension closer to the source, and there you can travel wherever you want.
>>
Not only do your fantasies actually exist, but they're even encoded in π.

The transcendental contains INFINITY in the Circle.
>>
>>37774267
>Touhou is filled with eastern religious themes.
Also with Western ones, some not without inspirations by SMT

>>37774267
>Buddhism, Shintoism, Taoism
>Christianity, Judaism, Greek philosophy and gnosticism
>Any "truth" that those [...] contain is ultimately purely cosmetic and basically there by accident, for the lack of a better word and is no substitute for the [reality]
Steelmanned you a bit
>>
>the Holy Spirit only wrote one Book, the Bible

>The Holy Spirit wrote a several other Holy Books and gave the message of God to all people.

>actually it turns out The Holy Spirit authored all the books, movies, music, and videogames, and Art itself is Divine, and you can see Spirit at work in all things
>>
it's a matter of spiritual depth perception
>>
File: Zun012.jpg (110 KB, 480x747)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
Now this is my kinda thread. Maybe the way to Gensokyo is through a dream, and you have to chase a proverbial rabbit to reach the so called "magic oriental wonderland." What if ZUN saw that world and drew us a door that could give us that dream to reach a magic oriental wonderland.
>>
File: fetish.png (369 KB, 680x509)
369 KB
369 KB PNG
Or maybe it's all thinly veiled pedophilia seeing as how all the characters are kawaii young girls who are highly sexualized by the fans. Same as most otaku media.

My schizo theory is that many creators of otaku media use their work to sublimate perverted desires. Instead of acting out (bad) they create works of fiction that reflect their desires (less bad). Then fans who have the same issues are attracted to such works. On the bright side, this allows the fans to perform some sublimation as well. However, these works are a double edged sword in that they also propagate perversion to previously unaffected people. Also I'm pretty sure that otaku communities have lots of false members who are only there to hunt down lolicons.

If you're into Touhou, moe anime, visual novels, etc. you should ask yourself why you're attracted to works that are full of childlike characters, especially when there is sexualization. A lot of these works have spiritual or philosophical themes, allowing you to deceive yourself into thinking you're learning something. (led away with divers lusts, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth) This is spiritual bypassing. The true spiritual work is to change yourself for the better in this reality, not to practice sorcery and escape into a fantasy realm. Just like your mom and dad tried to tell you.

t. recovering lolicon
>>
>>37777268
>If you're into Touhou, moe anime, visual novels, etc. you should ask yourself why you're attracted to works that are full of childlike characters, especially when there is sexualization.
Because our brains haven't changed from a few million years ago and my ancestors probably behave like that
>"Uga buga girl can make children erotic must coooom"
You can play the moralfag all you want the way our brains are wired hasn't changed and the only thing that is holding back those preprogrammed instincts are cultural norms and impulse control.
Also the question was if a pocket dimension full of mythological creatures exist or not
>>
>>37777677
>the way our brains are wired
I agree that we inherit instincts and there's no sense in being ashamed of them. I'm saying despite that, maybe it's not healthy to indulge them, even in fantasy. In my case being a weeb has gradually made my life worse and I want to warn others.
>the question was if a pocket dimension full of mythological creatures exist or not
Maybe but it's most likely spiritually dangerous to try to contact them. I do like reading others' accounts of supposed encounters with otherworldly entities even though I think they're putting themselves at risk.
>>
>>37774167
No. You cannot have a yokai gf. Also gensokyo would suck to live in anyway so why bother looking for somewhere like that. You'd be stuck in the human village doing manual labor for your entire life.
>>
>>37774167
the main themes of the games is that there is a spirtual warfare i have only completed the second game cherry blossom where the plot fallows you trying to reverse the demons hold on the world by having an eternal winter and you must defeat them in spiritual warfare to bring spring back. A very basic premise that is quite profound and definitely is similar to other stories in various holy texts
>>
>>37777901
Yes I am well aware, I'm still interested.
>>
>>37777962
And then there's touhou 18 that's about capitalism lmao
>>
>>37777962
pcb is the 7th game not 2nd
>>
>>37774784
Imagination can create multiple realms, be real or not it depends on the ability of the being to access them, of course with constant practice can one enter them.

>>37777268
There is not good nor evil in anything related to the higher planes, moral just exists in the material world we lived.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.