[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread: >>191222
>>
File: davidsmoreau.png (2.48 MB, 1234x1368)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>>194733
is david moreau the most beautiful man in skateboarding?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SX4yCwpgM
>>
>>194733
really like asics creative direction as a brand so far and glad skaters are getting paid or whatever but the massive logo (japan pro) is not only ugly but some how an even more boring looking shoe than a vm001 last resort shoe... but some of their shoes do look interesting like pic rel, i wonder how they skate... any one try them?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGvpCLhetU
>>
>>194741
Didn't feel like reading your psot but these shoes are kinda lit not gonna lie. I'd wear these and feel swaggy as heck I don't care what anyone thinks.
>>
>>194743
well i said the japan pro looks like dog shit
>>
>>194744
Which ones are those?
>>
>>194758
their flagship model i see them push the most
>>
based another chudboarder getting canceled by the sõy forums
>>
>>194766
These looks like normal shoes. As long as they have non orange colorways these are not dogshit at all.
>>194773
tl;dr?
>>
Is this the extreme sexual gayness general?
>>
>>194795
A better question, have you hurt your knee recently? If not, fuck off
>>
>>194800
No I take care of my body
>>
I stumbled across this video https://youtu.be/QQ_jBjHsHp4
In it Moose says he gets $100 a month from his board sponsor. That is insane. For $1200 a year you can get someone like him on your team?! /esg/ should start a brand.
>>
>>194814
>he hasn't shattered his knee and transitioned genders
You don't belong here tourist
>>
>>194815
Moose is kind of an idiot. He could have stayed on Deathwish if he had just moved to LA. Imagine giving up the opportunity to rub shoulders with people like Riley Hawk and Jamie Foy. People like that could have helped him make a career out of skating. Now he just makes boring as shit youtube videos and works at home depot.
>>
>>194817
I thought he left because he didn't want to go party with them but in that video he says he was an alcoholic for 4 years. Was also getting 5-6k a month for a bit. There is probably more to it but yeah, seems like career wasted.
Merlino I feel worst for, I really liked him back in he day. Cool to see he is in a good place and found Jesus too.
>>
>>194741
those are weird but that crazy rubber toe cap will actually last a long time I bet
>>
>>194815
i mean mystery is barely a company at this point and i don't imagine too many kids are buying moose boards. the people who make big money as pros are the guys who move boards shockingly
>>194817
fwiw it sounds like ellington didn't really make it clear it was an ultimatum. not as fucked as todd swank kicking off riders with an ad or ed retiring jlay when he literally had a full length part just sitting on the shelf, but still not exactly professional
>>
What's your go to 4/20 trick?
>>
>>194893
Quitting weed
>>
>>194895
facts
>>
>>194847
I never heard once heard a single person in skate industry world say a good thing about Todd Swank.
>>
>>194847
>ed retiring jlay when he literally had a full length part just sitting on the shelf
To be fair that footage was actually for Vans' Propeller video, not for a Toy Machine project, and Vans cut him off their team at the exact same time as TM. Johnny said himself he hadn't been getting out skating the last several months before then.
It sucks and I think it may have been a hasty decision on both team's parts but I don't think it's anything evil.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQn5wSgGvKE
>>
*rolls down window*
DO A KICKFLIP!
>>
I don’t care about the skate industry
I don’t care about pros who’s style isn’t good
I don’t care about skate YouTubers
I don’t care about Skateboardings profitability or how it’s doing as an industry.
>>
>>194939
based
>>
>>194933
she seems nice
>>
Let's talk about something more practical. How do you guys feel about your current progress? I get really critical of myself, but since I've been recording myself more I've been a lot more motivated. I can honestly say that I look way better on my board than I did months ago. I would recommend filming yourselves at least a little bit.
>"I don't have anything worth filming"
That's not the point. Its just so you can see yourself and get a better idea of what is happening. Sometimes a kickflip will feel god like and then you watch it back and it sucked. You get a baseline of your physical presence and can work to break bad habits.
>>
>>194964
for sure but I skate 1 of 2 places

in the areas cops wont go, so fuckloads of homeless so pulling out my phone isnt it

or the park where its go big or what the fuck are you filming that little ass shit for

i definitely see things im doing wrong that I cant see from the first person perspective when I do though
>>
>>194743
songrel me in the asics at the park straight mogging
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JXgKfBqzM
>>
>>194969
picrel
2:47-2:55 particularly relevant
>>
File: IMG_3078.jpg (1.81 MB, 4032x3024)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
I hurt myself today
That was before cleaning it
>>
>>194971
nice one
>>
>>194964
i feel like it's lame to be overly self critical of your skating early on, it's always so cringe to see someone that can hardly kickflip take skating so seriously, if youre not doing flip in flip out shit and hitting rails, getting paid of flowed stuff you need to relax. the most insufferable person at the sesh is always the dork getting ass blasted mad and raging over how he cant fucking 5050, not saying thats you, but please never turn into that guy.
>>
>>194977
>skating with other people on the 2024th year of our lord

being self critical is how I fix the things I don't like about my style if I say a gamerword as a result of frustration thats equally as valid if im hyped about a make that was money imo

but ig thats why skating with other people isnt for me
>>
>>194978
>skating with other people on the 2024th year of our lord
sorry im not a friendless loser. people gravitate towards me cause they crave my vibes. i see why you cant relate
>>
It is scientifically proven that filming yourself increases your fake steeze by 150%
>>
>>194977
I'm the anon you replied to. It's mostly an in my head type of thing. I would never rage about a trick. Too old for that shit. I just get down on myself if I feel like I'm not performing how I know I can. That doesn't affect how I treat anyone. It affects my own mental state. I'm also no beginner. I just find it motivating to track my progress through video. Its helping me silence that voice in my head
>>
>>194971
soooooorrryyyyyy
>>
>>194981
>sorry im not a friendless loser. people gravitate towards me cause they crave my vibes. i see why you cant relate
based. skating alone fucking sucks. you get better faster skating with other people and you socialize. but I could see how that could be a problem for a lot of the autists in here
>>
i think you'd have to be impressively annoying to not make friends through skating
>>
>>194998
maybe its the anon that only skates in his driveway
>>
>>194986

ahhh gotcha
>Sometimes a kickflip will feel god like and then you watch it back and it sucked
i feel like i can easily tell if the execution of a trick looks good or not based on how it feels, never felt much of a need to record my self and study it. but i do kinda know what you mean sometimes when im skating i feel like im going way faster than i look on camera, when ever i think im going fast chances are i would actually need to got 2x faster for it to look sick in a clip, but i aint doing all that, my days of killing my self over skating are long gone, much prefer low impact skating these days
>>
>>194991
>skating alone fucking sucks
true but i think i need to find new people i vibe with more. this one dude i skate with that sucks a little more than me, is constantly trying to one up me on the gayest shit, and i can tell he lets his skating progression get to his head cause he's a loser in all other aspects of his life
>you get better faster skating with other people
i agree and i love skating with people on a similar skill level as me but i feel like the people i skate with are lowkey praying on my down fall, idk i might just be paranoid but sometimes the vibes are off lmao
>>
>>195003
I feel you man. I definitely don't think its a good idea to film every time you skate. I mostly set up my camera if I'm learning something new or trying something I know is going to take me a lot of effort. The setting has to be right too

My friend and I have been filming each other recently. Which has caused me to film myself less in the last couple weeks. I picked skating up again like 9 months ago after a 3 year break, so those early sessions of filming myself do kickflips and tre flips are really eye opening now. I'm visibly slimmer, have more pop, and just look better on my board

I guess the entire point of my original post was that you can motivate yourself by tracking progress. I guess for some people that could be as simple as keeping a mental note of everything you've been learning and doing, but for me having a visual record of my progress has been really helpful. I've also considered the fact that I probably won't be able to skate forever, and being able to look back on these times will be nice
>>
Hunting for that perfect board shape got me going crazy. I want to find a setup and stick to that same formula.
Had the perfect board a few months ago and trying to find more that use that mold.
>>
>>195026
What kind of board was it?
>>
>>195048
(I mentioned this last thread so sorry for spreading my insanity)
It was a Toy Machine, but what makes it confusing is I think it may have been a misprint. Every website lists that board I bought as different dimensions to what it actually had.
Considering buying another and seeing if either all the websites are wrong (including TM's own website), or if I did in fact have a misprint. And if so what mold that actually was.

It's not a huge deal of course but I've had to switch decks since then and I miss that last one lol. It was super mellow/flat, even the kicks were pretty subdued, and it had a nice full/square shape. For an 8" it had a lot of meat on it, if that makes sense, and I liked that.
>>
>>195050
toy machine infuriatingly switches woodshops frequently. the last time I skated one it was awesome, i was excited to buy another with supposedly the same dimensions but it was completely different in numbers and in the "feeling". it was a ps stix instead of their usual
i was so mad
>>
>>195102
Yeah I thought about that as well, they've jumped back and forth between BBS and PS Stix a few times in the last few years, and it also varies (or did at one point) on if it was a team or pro model board.
BBS and PS Stix are both great woodshops so I wouldn't complain about a board from either, but it makes tracking their shapes obnoxious as you said.

I found a board from Snake Farm that I'm interested in, it may not suite what I want but the dimensions are really unique so I kind of want to see how it feels -
8" wide and 14" wheelbase but has a 32.125" overall length, so I'd assume the nose and tail are huge. It's listed as a "full shape". No idea what the concave may be like.
Sucks boards are $70-$80 a pop now lmao.
>>
>>194991
desu i only got good at skating when i lost all my friends and started skating in the middle of the night like an autistic weirdo
>>
>>195134
socializing is way overrated
>>
File: IMG_3533.jpg (66 KB, 728x403)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>194937
>>
>>195134
I can kind of relate except that most of my old friends don't skate anymore
>>
File: 1704147071525819.webm (376 KB, 854x720)
376 KB
376 KB WEBM
>>195150
>one day you go out for a skate session with the squad for the last time, and you don't know it's the last time...
>>
>>195141
this thread is enough socialization for me. rodney mullen skates at 3am by himself everynight
>>
>>195141
>>195166
I've actually become more social through skating. Being out in the world going to street spots and skate parks I've met a bunch of people. Skaters and otherwise. Before I started skating again I was a recluse. I still naturally lean that way, so I rarely go out of my way to talk to people. A lot of skaters are just friendly and want to shoot the shit or give props
>>
>>195184
i would be fine with that in small/infrequent doses
just feeling less drawn to people in general having learned sooner or later there will be bs resulting from interacting with them despite their good intentions
>>
>>195184
Same. I only leave my house to go to one of three places: The skatepark, the store, or work. I don't talk to my coworkers unless I have to and it's work related.
Even at the skatepark I'm definitely the quiet one, but that's also in part because half the time I'm the oldest one there by several years unless I go at earlier times in the day. I appreciate though that I'm still on good terms with the other guys there, we do the polite board taps/clap when someone gets a good trick, still give a wave hi/bye, so that's good. Hard to explain but it's nice knowing that we're still able to be friendly with each other and have the rare interaction even though it's clear I'm "outside" their group.
>>
What are some good eyeglass frames?
>>
im at an adult high school (community college for ameriburgs) at 33 and i have 40 mins of lunch time to skate.
music for this feel?
>>
what you doin when this guy shows up to your local
>>
>>195257
Everything is based aside from the speaker. People who bring speakers to parks and blast their shit music should die.
>>
>>195257
Just call the cops and get him arrested for giving minors alcohol
>>
>>195258
speakerfags never play shit everyone can enjoy and are always either kids playing horrible rap or back in my day it was more sublime/bob marley or boomers playing thps soundtrack ass playlists.
>>
>>195196
is this me
>>
>>195004
nobodies praying on your downfall but the man in the mirror

skating by yourself is more based
>>
>>195004
>he's a loser in all other aspects of his life
this describes most skaters ngl
>>
>roll up to park
>one other guy
>look over for head nod
Make or break moment
>>
They actually used a Lana song LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZYwL5M4kwA
>>
>>195290
A who song?
>>
File: cammy.jpg (1.73 MB, 4032x3024)
1.73 MB
1.73 MB JPG
replacement skate camera came in
>>
>>195273
>boomers playing thps soundtrack ass playlists
Why'd you have to diss me specifically man :(
>>
>>195305
Sparkle Jump Rope Queen
>>
>>195306
Just get a fish eye effect for your mobile phone
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJK3kPP-SY8
when will global shutter be affordable bros
>>
>>195306
post a clip
>>
File: 1610292375098.png (200 KB, 361x363)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
I had a skateboarding dream.

>suddenly in California
>I'm on some upcoming skate team (lol)
>we're filming for our breakthrough video
>we're walking through some non urban area trying to get to some secret wild spot that will make every other video look like shit
>gonna walk past some dam
>walking on the skinny concrete ledges
>under them is deep shit water
>there's a spot where you gotta jump from one ledge to the other
>be careful guys
>one kid straight up jumps in the water
>we think he's trolling and he'll swim up but the doesn't
>people start shitting their pants
>I jump in to try and save him
>pitch black
>I find his board and backpack
>for some reason swim up with them first and hand them to the others
>dive back in
>it's super fucking deep and pitch black
>suddenly I have a flashlight
>find this dude passed out on the bottom
>get him out
>everyone cheers
>he wakes up and coughs some water up
>some fat faggot cop shows up
>he's wearing those faggot cop caps too with sunglasses
>starts pressing us for no reason
>like in the videos where they tell the kids to sit down and they start patronizing and talking shit
>he's screaming at us and everyone is bummed
>I'm like wtf is this gay shit
>wait, I'm yuropean, US law doesn't apply to me
>get up and front kick him into the shit water
>everyone laughs and we dip out
>wake up before I get to see the secret holy grail spot
>didn't get a single clip for the video
>>
>>195338
>dreamt of being in California
Sounds more like a nightmare
>>
>>195338
>wait, I'm yuropean, US law doesn't apply to me
>get up and front kick him into the shit water
*BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG*

>>195339
Seconding California as a shithole.
>>
Guys I bought a pair of Vans Skate slip ons and the rubber is actually thick and feels really durable, and the insoles are really comfortable as well. These are a lot different than the standard Vans I had 12 years ago. Dare I say.. I wear Vans?
>>
>>195341
>*BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG*

The sound of me fucking the cops wife after I get my clip for the video, but that's for my next dream I'm about to have in a bit.
>>
>Do 180 turn on steep ramp
>Almost fall face first to ground like a retard I am
>Power stomp my feet to ground
>Naruto run to balance
>Ankle feels funny
Positive thing is that my balance has improved a lot after I stopped tightening my trucks
I have been finishing my session by doing heel to toe walk on round rail
Shows how much I have improved
I can now talk to phone while doing it
>>
the ABSOLUTE STATE of current skate shoes
>>
>>195375
wfym my last respites are dank af
>>
>>195375
i just want a decent pair of midtops
>>
>>195380
I just wish Vans weren't $70
40 years ago they were made in the US and cost half what they do now (adjusted for inflation), now they're made by Vietnamese children so they should be even cheaper
>>
File: 1714056841745772.webm (998 KB, 720x480)
998 KB
998 KB WEBM
>>195329
heres a kid airing over a fat kid
>>
>>195422
What's with the interlacing?
>>
>>195424
i think its a result of converting the avi with ffmpeg
>>
>>195425
ffmpeg wont do that
>>
>>195427
im not sure then
>>
Loved this graphic
>>
i got my first free thing from an ex skater respecting my struggle. this feels better than a girl asking for my number.
>>
>>195455
It's pretty reddit.
>>
>>195455
Would be funny if it were Diddy
>>
anyone rec general places that might be good to learn skating that tend to be empty? I'm trying to learn but i'm shy lol
>>
>>195505
anywhere past 11pm. just find a parking lot somewhere with nice ground or a schoolyard. if you don't like that then go to the skatepark early, you will rarely see another skater before like noon.
>>
>>195229
Think about how you’re feeling, express it using musical instruments, and then record it.
>>
just took a week off and had a skate session today. felt great.
>>
>>195566
How many heeflips did you land?
>>
>>195567
0. Im working on ollie height, leveling out my kick flips and 5050s on a round rail. I tried some noseslides too, but it moves too much. I set it up next to a fence so I can catch myself if I fall off the rail. Pretty much figured it out, stay low, nose grind first to get my back truck on easy instead of just ollieing on and cross lock, but I have to work on dismounting. And my kick flips, I usually point my toe and flick sort of towards the pocket for a quick one, but now I keep it sideways and just flick straight forward. I just have to get my back leg up high enough to catch the tail.
>>
>>195568
>0

You fucking BITCH.
>>
>>195572
Ive only been skating for like 6 months after a 20 year break . I never had any flip tricks under my belt. I can probably commit to landing a heel flip but this is the year of getting a kickflip i like
>>
how do fuck do I avoid constant palm bruises?

I consider myself good at falling, but every time I have to palce down my hand when falling, it feels i just broke my palm in half. No matter if I wait week for it to heal, on the first fall it's just the same shit

do you have any tactics when falling forward on quarter pipes or something?
>>
>>195581
Dont land with your palms? Get knee pads and slide or just roll.
>>
>>195573
Aight brodie, reply to me again when it's the year of not being a BITCH.
>>
>>195584
kickflips are masculine and heel flips are gay.
>>
>>195585
This but on opposite day.
>>
>>195587
Heel flip boy means loose asshole.
>>
>palm bruises
wat
>>
File: 1705533417767870.png (342 KB, 361x641)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
I'm back to it after a 10 year break. I bought a shitty 8in complete to test the waters and it felt tiny. I used to skate a shaped board I got as birthday gift so decided it was best to just get another shaped. I only really skated mini towards the end anyway. People always ask to try shaped boards but I keep forgetting to tell them I skate mega tight trucks.
Decided to splash out a little on this bad boy. Got some protection on the way as well because i'm not getting any younger.
My goals
>re-learn 270 fakie 5-0s and pivots. Already learned the fakie halfcab rock n rolls so will be easy once I get those back trucks on the coping
>learn to skate bowl
>learn blunt fakie
>learn some cool dad tricks
Already got a a skate trip planned with a few friends this summer, going to hit the big indoors and some new DIYs.
All the new shapes look cool, I like the look of those egg boards and those wedged pool boards.
>>
>>195196
>>195184
>>194991
People naturally ostracize me i've noticed. I get the odd outgoing person trying to be my friend (usually thinking i'm shy or I need to come out my shell) but i'm not very reciprocal so they tend to stop trying to include me. I also don't do the fist bump or board slap thing and I don't know much about skate culture or tricks. I used to think it was a confidence thing but i'm quite self-confident with my age now and i'm happy to be the one to start a conversation or say hello. I also try to be encouraging to kids, especially if they look intimated or they are eyeing up a ramp or something.
I just don't make friends at skateparks. I get on better with the parents usually lol.
I'm music obsessed and I get the same thing with that too, I don't understand gigs and I don't give a shit about the artists I listen to. Nothing to bond over.
high functioning 'tism I think. But yes, my progression is glacial. I've skated since I was 5 and i'm 30 now.
>>
>>195601
>I get on better with the parents usually lol.
I knew I was old when a random child at the skatepark came up to me to ask if I had a tissue... and I did.
>>
>>195599
>skate trip planned with a few friends this summer
Have fun Eurobro. I'd love to be able to do something like that with my old squad.
>>
>>195599
blunt fakie is pretty ez once you get used to the foot placement and the motion of popping back in.
>>
whats the best complete setup available right now for a reasonable price? looking to get back into skating
>>
thoughts on Dylan rieder?
>>
>>195619
Just look around on CCS or Skatewarehouse. If you are really serious about it you should just get all the separate parts. I don't know how good you used to be, but a custom set up will just perform better and if you get yourself some standard Indys and spitfires they'll last you a long ass time
>>195620
I always loved his Mind Field part. Its a shame his life was cut short
>>
>>195619
>best complete setup
So many variables and personal preferences involved there, you'd never get the same answer twice.
>>
>>195620
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2024/03/22/the-making-of-dylan-rieders-gravis-part-with-filmmaker-greg-hunt/
>>
>>195619
Powell flight deck - $100
independent titanium trucks - $90
bones x formula wheels - $40
swiss ceramic bearings - $125
Acer titanium hardware - $30
Jessup grip - $5
$390 is the entry price for a decent complete. Anything cheaper will be Toys R Us quality.
>>
>>195628
gay set up. who spends $30 on titanium screws lol.
>>
>>195633
Enough people to support a business I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>195635
only takes like 4 people to buy overpriced shit and keep a business open.
>>
>my hass is out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEqmgxVxOms
>>
>>195638
>let me get my hands on your mammary glands
>>
>>195628
This except you need rails, risers, and a helmet with a built in Mohawk
>>
>>195581
You're going to break your arm one day falling like that
>t. Broke my arm one day falling like that
>>
>>195660
you'll shoot your eye out
>>
>>195628
indie hollows 70$
reds 14$
bbs deck 75$ cause my fav skater is a cool guy
formula fours 35$
jessup (4$)
hardware (free)

>>195668
if all your friends jump off the bridge are you going to?
>>
Almost ready for a new board. Im between getting another 7.75 or getting new trucks and something like 8.1. Only thing about 7.75 is no board has a longer wheel base than 14 inches.
>>
>>195678
it's hard to find 775s these days that aren't christmas completes
>>
>>195628
that's not decent, that's the best you can get
>>
>>195678
You won't need new trucks if you are only going up to 8.1
>>
>>195683
yeah but my trucks are 7.6.

>>195681
I just got done skating some and Ill probably stay 7.75, but ill be thinking about it for the next 2 weeks or so. my trucks are nice and broken in and I can stay on low trucks with a short tail. If I go up, Im looking at a board with a 14.38 wheel base. Im on 13.875 wheel base right now, a new 7.75 would have at least 14 inches.
>>
>>195687
how big is your foot?
>>
>>195688
I go half a size down with skate shoes so US size 10.
>>
>>195620
overrated
>>
>>195687
>my trucks are 7.6
damn son that's narrow
>>
>>195602
It was the style at the time
>>195608
It's going to be good. I've never really skated with other people before and these are my friends. Two of us are returning skaters and the other two are new to it.
>>195614
I'm going to try get blunt to rocks down tomorrow on a 2ft and see where it takes me.
>>
>>195628
fake
>>195676
real
>>
File: 1654038392718.jpg (1.3 MB, 2448x3264)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
What's up bros? Haven't posted in a while.

I just came because I realised the antagonist Billy in Stranger Things must be based on the antagonist from Thrashin', the bad brother. Remember that in Thrashin' they moved from Indiana to California, whereas in ST it was the reverse. Also, look the style of both 80s brothers: the hanging earring, the eyeliner.
>>
>>194937
This happened to me recently, albeit the person was very cordial, but I shut them down. Such behaviour must not be tolerated.
>>
>>195778
Whenever someone says/yells that at me, I always do a heelflip. Joke is on them because they never know the difference.
>>
>>195778
>>195782
>these niggas can't kickflip
>>
>>195777
Damn gaper thats some indie niche knowledge

>>195778
cap

>>195793
fact, me neither tho tbf I always end up kicking it at the ground if I don't rocket it (and its one thing to do it from the perfect kickflip foot position and a different thing entirely to do it from any given spot on the board)
>>
>>195522
okay yeah that's what I was thinking, thanks fren
>>
File: 1710883400519642.png (3.4 MB, 1280x1919)
3.4 MB
3.4 MB PNG
Should I get rails?
>>
>>195687
>>195689
jesus christ, i'm a US size 7 and I couldn't imagine skating less than 8.5.
>>
>>195808
I would say everyone should, the only ones that will push them out of the way are the companies who sell boards because those will make boards last longer.
>>
>>195808
Welcome candy bars are the best ones
>>
>>195809
I tried to move up to 8.38 and it doesnt work with low trucks having a longer tail and my feet still are going to hang off the board. Only thing I like is my ollies feel like slow motion with the extra wheel base. And yeah there is a lot more confidence landing my flip tricks, but I just dont feel connected.
>>
>>195813
Best how?
>>
>>195797
Both my 360 flips and frontside flips look much better than my normal kickflips and it drives me fucking insane.
I still land 4/5 kickflips but 9/10 of them will be the nastiest rockety shits you've ever seen.
>>
>>195809
NTA
I wear US 7.5 and I can't justify going larger than an 8". I'd consider an 8.13 as well but I think I like having the trucks square with the deck.
Bachinsky kickflipped El Toro on a 7.5" board, I dunno man.
>>
>>195825
I feel like once you understand tre flips they require less effort than a standard kickflip
>>195809
>>195826
This is such a personal preference thing. Bigger boards are the current trend. I feel like older heads are more likely to ride narrow boards because that's what was popular back in the day. I grew up skating 7.75s with my older brother, but by the time I was a teenager all my friends, big feet or small feet, were riding 8.25+

I've found my personal sweet spot is 8.38. Wide enough for the stability I like, but narrow enough that I can flip my board with ease. Widest board I ever tried was 8.6. I wear a size 12.
>>
>>195826
I'm the anon skating the 9.6 shaped so I am biased. I'm allergic to flip tricks and it's only my opinion. Still, can't be comfortable or good for your feet?
>>195830
When I was a kid everyone was skating those micro decks which I guess were 7.75? They looked cool but kinda novel. I was the only person that had a shaped and there was the odd person that had 8.5 which at the time did seem huge to us kids.
>>
>>195778
>"DO A KICKFLIP"
>*spaghetti falls from pocket*
>"I can't"
>*they laugh*
>(I actually can)
>>
File: DSC_6946.jpg (260 KB, 1200x1200)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>195797
No cap and I don't snowboard. Also, not a fact, I can kickflip.
>>
>>195822
Designed by Paul Schmitt and manufactured with HDPE which is higher quality than any other rail on the market.
>>
>>195855
They're all made of HDPE you numpty
>>
>>195860
Schmitt says theirs is different and the strongest
>>
lil jawns are a popular deck rail, I believe the 4 hole ones are preferred
>>
File: 1683819971673126.png (448 KB, 346x527)
448 KB
448 KB PNG
/esg/ we really should just start selling a cheap and mundane product like rails and call it snake oil
>>
Random, but does anyone happen to remember a joke game of SKATE, a parody video that Chris Cole was in like 10+ years ago?
He was playing against someone acting as a character/persona, some exaggerated gangster dude. At one point the guy does a nollie tre flip and a gun falls out of his shorts lol.

I randomly remembered that a week or so ago.
>>
>>195872
Boardslide serum. You spray it on the bottom of your deck to slide faster. The product is repackaged WD-40.
>>
>>195880
slidey mcgrindy wax but it's just candle wax
>>
File: 1714318908079860.gif (2.7 MB, 474x266)
2.7 MB
2.7 MB GIF
>>195880
slur'em
patterned slide serum
racial epithet stickers included
buy now $19.99

i think slide serum will be a legitimate product though, primitive is scrambling the jets as we speak
>>
>>195877
for you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH_6PfoVozw
>>
>>195877
That's the team manager of Toy Machine and also Nike SB.
>>
>>195900
Ah thank you, found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o0v7ZILYgw

Funny stuff.
>>
>>195865
yeah why does the guy selling them say that
>>
File: 8801p34-p35.jpg (284 KB, 1274x815)
284 KB
284 KB JPG
Is it normal to have to take a week off of skating after a drop/stairs session?

Not a boomer, relatively young, but I'm starting to move on from curbs and pads and onto ledges and started to ollie off of 2/3 stair drops and my legs have just been killing me.

I mean I can go skate flat a couple days after but the deepest part of my thighs feel sore in the morning like 5/6 days later. I wanna go back and throw myself off shit again once it's healed but holy fuck am I gonna have to wait another week again after? I can see why people don't skate drops much even if it's fun as hell.

Any stairs/drop/gap bros here? Does the recovery time go down as you add more stairs? In my head 2 stairs is double 1 stair but 3 stairs is only 1.5 times 2 stairs and so on.
>>
>>195936
You should be able to skate a 3 set without needing a week of recovery time. Are you landing with your knees locked? Are you 300 lbs? Lmao
>>
>>195922
>it aint a double flip
>give me a letter then bitch

lmao this was great
>>
>>195940
*wolf howl*
>>
>>195936
are you overweight?
>>
>>195936
are you fat? if youre relatively in shape your legs may just need to build muscle strength for taking impact. you should actually skate through the pain when you are sore, you will get use to the impact faster that way
>Does the recovery time go down as you add more stairs?
yes
>Any stairs/drop/gap bros here?
i use to skate decent size stairs regularly when i was young and dont remember ever having to recover for long unless i got hurt. if you are young just skate through the pain. recovery is for old people with weak knees...
>>
>>195936
are you an obese retard who eats nothing but mcnuggies every day
>>
File: fatty.webm (3.16 MB, 400x400)
3.16 MB
3.16 MB WEBM
>>195936
lay off the burgers anon... and skate more often you'll lose weight
>>
File: 1714452758103865.png (729 KB, 1500x1450)
729 KB
729 KB PNG
>>195936
>>
File: maxresdefault (20).jpg (134 KB, 1280x720)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
So tired of hearing about this guy. People only still bring him up because he was in the Tony Hawk video games. He hasn't been relevant since Round 3 came out in 2004, and his style was stale by that point.
>>
>>195967
He is a founding father of modern skateboarding. He literally invented all the foundations of street skating. He deserves respect. He's also a highly autistic savant with a soothing voice
>>
>>195967
your only tired of hearing about him because dip shit boomer normies bring him up any chance they get. anytime any skateboarding related shit makes it into mainstream normie territory the boomers come out of the woodwork to comment shit like "Yeah that was cool but dont forget Rodney Mullen invented that trick, hes the greatest, skateboarding isnt what it used to be, etc etc." Gen X normies do the same thing with Tony Hawk. Non-skaters or former "skaters" turned kooks talking skateboarding is the most annoying and cringiest shit in the world.
>>
>>195967
kook
>>
>>195967
>style
>>>/fa/
>>
There was a guy at my local that would show up sometimes and I never seen him skate anything other than flat and once in a blue moon he would skate one bank of a small box. He even looked like Rodney Mullen. I hope he is doing okay out there.
>>
>>196000
>>style
>>>>/fa/

how you know your never gonna make it as a skater
>>
>>195961
Poor man. That willy grind looked nuts before he slaughtered himself though. Whoever put him up to this should be permabanned from all parks.
>>
>>196002
I skate for fun in a big bed with my wife
>>
File: 1706590018840546.png (898 KB, 621x553)
898 KB
898 KB PNG
What's some good pool skating music bros? I am going to be learning it this week if the weather is good and I need some tunes to keep me pumped.
I'll listen to punk, metal, country, disco...anything really.
>>
>>196007
nobody cares
>>
>>196008
>What's some good pool skating music bros?
your trucks grinding the pool coping
>>
File: 1714425034395746.png (728 KB, 1135x540)
728 KB
728 KB PNG
>>196009
>>196010
kek
>>
>>195967
This better be bait boyo.
>>
Tyshawn tre flipped the subway gap
https://twitter.com/ColonelKSpeaks/status/1785725015822119286

absolutely insane
>>
>>196109
god damn! The backside flip was also fire.
>>
>>196119
idk whats more impressive, the tre or the bs flip. having that much control over a tre flip while going that fast is insane
>>
>THE BEST SKATER ON THE PLANET IS FROM NYC

uhhh so whos gonna tell him
>>
>>196123
The best skater on the planet is actually from Irvine
>>
>>196109
yawn
>>
>>196127
take a nap grandpa
>>
ayo damn bruhs that tre was fire fr fr no cap *dab dab dab dab*
>>
>>196139
what are you doing here
>>
>>196141
Looks like he's dabbing.
>>
>>196125
Figgy is S tier for sure.
>>
>>196141
bussin
>>
>>196109
Impressive to be sure, but yawn inducing nonetheless
>>
File: 1663969224525431.jpg (872 KB, 1077x1349)
872 KB
872 KB JPG
>>196008
Stoner metal in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1UmMkfPsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7I0W0Tv9hw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcfp2E34HI4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO9__dnKVAM
>>
>>196150
Go on and tell us about how rodney mullen invented the tre flip...
>>
File: 1705075971796052.jpg (27 KB, 736x368)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
Opinions on women skateboarding? Honestly, I don't like it when they are better than me haha'.... Anyways, we've gotta a huuuge boom in women skateing in my country, that's great and all, they and beautiful and sometimes skate it good, but I don't know if they do it for the hype/likes/follows on insta and ze cute boys, I don't know how commited they are to it. Something feels off about it. I mean, where the fuck were they back in the 2000s? Seems like they are doing the same thing as they did in ~le nerd/video game culture. Maybe Rayssa Leal is the guilty one.
>>
>>196185
>I mean, where the fuck were they back in the 2000s
being gatekept from it. Times have changed, girls are slowly being acknowledged as human beans and skateboarding is now mainstream. Be grateful they are on the skateboard and not a scooter instead, leave them to it and enjoy your TnA. No one likes a sausage fest apart from gays, who are probably the most disappointed by the this demographic change.
>>
>>196186
>being gatekept from it. Times have changed, girls are slowly being acknowledged as human beans

Nice bait
>>
>>196008
The Legendary Shack Shakers
>>
File: aging.gif (94 KB, 220x119)
94 KB
94 KB GIF
>at the skatepark
>young hesher friend is on the sesh
>go on Instagram while chilling
>see that CKY are coming to town!
>tell them
>"Who the fuck is CKY?"
>>
why do whores do this
>>
>>196185
>I don't know if they do it for the hype/likes/follows on insta
That's the only reason women will do anything these days.
I'm not going to complain in general about seeing more women skaters but I agree with guys like Ninjalifestyle who say we need to stop patting them on the back for the smallest repeated tricks/achievements. Every team has the token "girl skater" now. There have been very few standout female skaters of actual skill, IE Marissa Del Santo, and her career was also pretty short.
>>
>>196125
Wow, I didn't know Rodney Mullen or Erick Winkowski or Mango or Tom Penny or Neil Blender were from Irvine
>>
>>196190
Why in the name of all that is good in this earthly realm would you deliberately visit the internet WHILE YOU ARE OUT IN THE SKATESPOT?
>>
>>196190
>cky
damn you got me excited for a second but they aren't going any farther west than chiicago
>>
>>196125
his made 2 part is so hard to watch
>>
>>196176
Call me when he does anything other than a flip trick on a gap ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>196125
His youtube channel is pretty funny
>>
>>196194
>Google name
>it's a tranny
FUCK
>>
>>196185
what are you gay?

>>196186
this guys right
>>
>>196200
Why? I just watched it. He rips.
>>
>>196216
the broken arm in the beginning
>>
>>196185
is this bait?

>>196190
why would anyone under the age of like 25 give a fuck about cky?
>>
>>196185
>Honestly, I don't like it when they are better than me haha'.
complimenting women is my fetish so i don't care
>>
File: 1701901801038278.webm (214 KB, 576x1024)
214 KB
214 KB WEBM
>>196215
>>196229
>say something slightly critical towards womeme
>wHy ArE U gAaaAaaaaY?

Wake the fuck up, simps. Women will destroy your group of skate friends with their evil and retarded schemes, false rape allegations, seeking attention and drama. Plus, men are way less agressive in their activities when women are around.

>be skateboarding with frens
>womeme comes out of nowhere
>?????????
>most guys stop skate to give them attention

Never happened to you nigg*rs? Or are you guys women as well?
>>
anyone here tried a polarizer?
>>
I'll just leave this here.

https://youtu.be/bjQy_kOd86s?si=D5K4R_VokTuNRP5f
>>
>>196229
CKY the band? cky the band is awesome but it was carried by deron miller lol. seeing them without deron is cringe af im 33 and would never
>>
File: steez.jpg (150 KB, 990x963)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>196236
You're trippin bro. There are girls that legitimately love skating now, and you can tell by watching them. I go to my local at odd hours sometimes to avoid crowds, and I see this girl there sometimes practicing pumping in the bowl by herself. Why would she be doing that if she wasn't dedicated to skating?
>>
>>196214
Sorry Anon but you ams the gay now.
>>
>>196246
she thinks it will impress chad but it wont fix her NCT
>>
>>196186
>Times have changed, girls are slowly being acknowledged as human beans and skateboarding is now mainstream
Spoken like someone who was born in the 2000s and has no idea what they're talking about
>>
>>196185
>I don't know if they do it for the hype/likes/follows on insta and ze cute boys
As it turns out, females invade traditionally male spaces for (usually male) attention. Some, I assume, actually enjoy skating.
>>
>>194795
yes. come over here and kiss me big guy
>>
I have come to the conclusion that I greatly prefer high tops to lows for skating.
Thanks for reading my blog.
>>
>>196261
high tops are gay but ok.
>>
>>196261
High tops are super gay. Sorry friend. Maybe land your tre flips next time.
>>
>>196262
>>196263
What about timberlands?
>>
>>196261
Depends on the high tops. I really like blazers
>>
If I have to watch one more snow motion mobbed kickflip filmed fisheye on a 20° bank by a sponsored female skater while my formally favourite pros celebrate like she backside flipped el toro I will scream.
>>
>>196267
If Fallen ever makes their Tremont in the black vinyl mesh style high top again I'm buying 3-4 pair, those were great for me and had everything I want in a shoe.
The Emerica Winkowsky also looks like it'd work well for me.
>>
File: 36.5_history.jpg (186 KB, 1000x543)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>196253
Zoomies don't know about Gallaz
>>
>>196272
Damn, it's worse than I thought - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mum8WeTaUmE
>>
the idea that bitches were gatekept from skating is so fucking retarded it can only come from someone under 25. there was always a full gaggle of ramptramps and ledgewarmers at every skatepark as far back as i can remember. no one was stopping them from skating, they were already spending all day at the skatepark and they just didn't do it. there were a handful skater girls too but they were a different breed entirely
>>196261
i really liked the high-mid thing supra had going on. you got the ankle protection and support of a high top but without having to rambo tie it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.