[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/xs/ - Extreme Sports

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Z(7).jpg (7 KB, 169x298)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
Grappling causes skin infections
>>
Do bjj they said
It will be fun they said
>>
>>195854
Only if your skin loses.
>>
>>195854
Rash Guard are there for a reason, also wash you nasty ass.
>>
This is why you shouldn't train anywhere that actually has Brazilians
They don't wash the mats
>>
>>195888
Or the Brazilians
>>
>>195889
Why do they have so many shemales? Same with Thailand
I wonder if there's some merit to the gay germ theory and its caused by some kind of tropical parasite
>>
So I went wrestling yesterday and noticed they didn't wash the mats which were covered in sweat after the bjj class

Is this normal?
>>
>>195897
find another gym
is it normal? kinda
is it acceptable? no it isn't and it's a red flag that the people running the show don't care about your safety
>>
>>195898
It was my first time trying wrestling. This place is cheap and the only place that does it

I guess they can't bleach the mat with back to back classes?

All the other places available are very expensive bjj schools, that I assume don't do much stand up.

I don't know if getting herpes/ringworm is worth learning to grapple though
>>
>>195899
It takes 5 minutes to spray down the mat
They make mat cleaner for this exact thing, put it in a misting bottle like you'd use for weeds and you just spray down and run over it with a flat mop to spread it out
It'll be mostly dry by the time the next class starts

Just laziness on the part of places that don't do it
Our mats get wiped down after every class except the kids one because they don't really even sweat anyway
>>
>>195906
Guess I'll stay away from this place then

Idk it has a lot of frequent people who stay there for years.. I guess if they got infections they wouldn't keep coming back right?
>>
>>195899
>I guess they can't bleach the mat with back to back classes?
We used to clean the wrestling mats before and after practice in school. Same when I switched to judo after high school. If I went to a BJJ place that said they couldn't clean the mats between classes I would either be the catalyst to change that or I would go somewhere else.
>>
>>195854
>why should I have to wash the mats?
>>
>>195987
because you're paying for a service, just like how you don't need to wash your own dishes at a restaurant or the toilets at school
>>
>>195994
Doing that it's part of the "martial art" experience
>>
>>195996
No it's part of an ego tripping hierarchical grift where a business owner brainwashed paying customers to maintain his property
Doing chores is strictly reserved for people who aren't paying so they bartered their time to be use as currency instead
Such as a club where everyone is there pretty much on a volunteer basis, or whatever modest dues collected are for purchasing shared equipment or renting the space

Not when it's a fucking for profit business
>>
>>195907
Start your own competing business that holds higher standards and run the non mat washer out of business
>>
>>195994
>>195999
>he’s still crying about cleaning mats
Lmfao
>>
>>195854
Fuck staph when I was in Thailand a guy took it and that shit create an hole in his leg deep at least 4cm
>>
>>195994
>or the toilets at school
They make you do that in Japan.
>>
File: 1700469139804547.jpg (57 KB, 680x530)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>195888 Literally all the gyms I've gone to wash the mats straight up with alcohol after every class and clean the whole thing up every weekend
>>195889 We shower more than you
>>
>>195999
>t. Fat white belt
>>
>>196575
You guys don't flush your toilet paper and just throw it in a waste basket
Don't start trying to act like you're hygienic
>>
File: 1703937643380160.jpg (19 KB, 361x259)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>196601
That's just because we live in a fucked up third world country, not because we are unhygienic
>>
>>196606
It just doesn't make sense to me, how can the pipes accommodate a log but not a little bit of wet paper
>>
>>196608
that doesn't make sense to me either, which is why I don't give a fuck and flush the paper
if it can handle my turbo shits, it can handle some toilet paper
t. another brazilian
>>
>>196608
it doesn't make sense to anyone. brazil is a mysterious country operating in mysterious ways.
>>
I haven't seen any gym here that washes their month between sessions, idk at end of the day even?

So they'd have bjj, cardio boxing, pro kickboxing, amateur kickboxing etc all day without cleaning the mat.....
>>
>>196630
I bet they let people go into the bathroom with no shoes
>>
>>196638
You have to wear flipflops outside of the mat as you go through the actual gym and lobby to the locker and toilets heh
>>
>>195854
You also have to clean it up the tatame from time to time . Use a broom then alcohol. I used to clean it up the tatame for free with a friend of mine before the class.
>>
>>195854
weak genetic
need to be culled from the gene pool
>>
>>196648
>broom and alcohol
So has your dumb ass never heard of a mop?
>>
>>196692
Where the fuck did I said "broom AND alcohol", retard? We use cloths btw

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.