[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Dust in my shelf? It's more common than you think! If you sneeze after pulling out a book, it's probably been too long.

It's the everyotherweek-ly shelf thread:
>post shelves
>post recent purchases
>discuss upcoming releases
>talk about what you're currently reading
>>
I guess I should have realized... the sun is my enemy
>>
>>143276233
damn, those dark horse deluxe editions eat up a lot of space
>>
>eurotime hours
>>
File: IMG_1757.jpg (3.31 MB, 4032x3024)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
Read the first Lazarus trade and decided the buy the three HCs up to this point. The story is so good, it might be picked up for a series in the future if Rucka just finishes it. I’m up to Risen now and it seems nowhere near finished.
>>
>>143276286
>>143276233
I need to pick up more of those Berserks and the last Library edition of Hellboy. But I'm trying really hard to save money right now. I don't regret quitting my job but without a new one I can't spend as much as I'd like yet.
>>
Post the best /ic/ books
>>
What are your reading stats on LOCG like?
>>
>>143276516
My what on what? What are you saying, soldier?
>>
>>143276519
Leagueofcomicgeeks.com
You input the comics you read and it'll show you stats of how much you've read from each publisher, what characters you've read the most, etc
>>
>>143276562
Sounds retarded. And gay.
>>
>>143276482
That shelf is STUFFED
>>
File: cap no more.jpg (322 KB, 400x613)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
Really looking forward to that Gruenwald Cap omnibus. Though I really wish they went with a different cover.
>>
>>143276659
Yea I might have to move the manga volumes elsewhere. Taking up too much space just for a series. Had to put Gantz and other series from Dark Horse away already.
>>
>>143276731
I double row my long manga. Some thread a long way ago showed a neat trick how you can use an egg carton or something to raise the back row so they're still visible.
>>
>>143276496
This is not financial advice, but I'm buying bulk offers on ebay, keep the books I like and then re-sell the spare individual volumes. I about halved my real monthly spending by about 50% while still getting books I like.
>>
>>143276761
Not a bad idea. I've been considering selling some stuff I bought on a whim but don't really read that much either but never much liked the hassle of putting stuff on auction. Might just have to do it to at least partly pay for things I really want.
>>
So Big Game has me looking into other Millarworld stuff. And I'm looking at Wanted and Kickass 2 and is it true that Millar censored both for later repints of the trades (as far as the movie cover version of Wanted being censored and every printing of Kickass 2 past the first printing censoring Motherfucker raping Kickass's crush)?
>>
>>143276790
It's only worth it when you view it as an extension of your hobby though. The negotiations and shipping take so much time that any profits you make translate to below minimum wage. You can of course improve those metrics by increasing the volume but then you get into the territory of operating a business and the tax man will come to fuck you in the ass.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_093432808.jpg (1.61 MB, 2991x2154)
1.61 MB
1.61 MB JPG
I picked up Vol 1 of the Busiek/Perez run a few days ago. Haven't opened it up yet since I'm pretty busy, but I like the look of this DM cover as opposed to the wraparound standard cover.
I also got Parker: The Complete Collection for my birthday a while back, and that's fucking sweet. They do something funky with the binding on that one. I just wish there was more of it. RIP Cooke
>>143276724
I'm really looking forward to it as well. Kind of agree with you on the covers, though -- I like the standard well enough, but I feel there so many other, better, covers you could pick out for this run.
I think Marvel's generally getting worse at picking out covers for their new omnibuses
>>
>>143276818
Starlight is the only Millarworld comic I love. Huck is good, while Jupiter Legacy/Circle is fun.

Still need to read Ambassadors with the deluxe edition coming out later this year.
>>
>>143276482
You should get Absolute Death to finish your Sandman Collection. It's like 60 bucks on amazon atm.
>>
>>143276747
I did that with my forgotten realms novels and managed to get a lot more space from that
>>
File: xmen epic fatal.jpg (150 KB, 650x1000)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>143276851
Where you the one who made the big Busiek Avengers thread? Great run. You're in for a treat. That's the cover I got too. I would have really preferred the other one but I saw this one on the cheap side and I'm not really all that picky about it. Especially since the other cover art is on the underside anyways.

>I think Marvel's generally getting worse at picking out covers for their new omnibuses
Not just omnibuses, some of the epics have been really odd choices lately too. Like the X-men Fatal Attractions here. This isn't a bad image really. But this isn't the Fatal Attractions cover comic. You know the one. X-men 25. And I don't think they're careful of spoilers when it's cover was already a spoiler anyways.
>>
>>143276851
I didn't know there was a "complete collection" of Parker. If you already complain about the binding now then I'm glad I bought the Martini Editions, they are incredible
>>
File: IMG_0993.jpg (2.35 MB, 2488x3587)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB JPG
Recent purchases
>>
>>143276961
The Savage Sword book was cool. I like the main Conan book but the Savage Sword was really what I was more after. Speaking of GOOD LORD what is going on with the Titan reprints of the omnis. FFS.
>>
>>143276908
>Where you the one who made the big Busiek Avengers thread?
Guilty as charged

Some of their cover picks are just downright peculiar these days. Like, for Incredible Hulk Vol 2, they just went for boring, standard, non-iconic pic related. Meanwhile, that famous Steranko Annual cover is relegated to the DM, while the equally famous #105 cover (the one the first issue of Immortal Hulk cribbed) doesn't get a showing at all.
Most of their classic omnis seem to be getting poor picks for covers lately. I'm not a fan of either the standard or DM covers for the upcoming Iron Man Vol 3 and Fantastic Four Vol 5. Same with the recent Captain America Vol 4 reprint.
I think it's a side-effect of them having stopped commissioning special modern comic art for the standard. I wouldn't always get the modern cover, but I liked having it as an option, and I guess it also meant they only had to pick out one iconic cover from the issues collected for the DM, rather than reaching for two like they are now.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_095203738.jpg (1.28 MB, 3072x2702)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>143276936
Oh, I'm not complaining about the binding at all when I call it funky. It's weird, and was a little disconcerting when I first opened it up, but I love how it works. Pic related is on purpose. It opens up like this wherever you open up the book. The spine holds in place and there's absolutely zero gutter loss.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_100131446.jpg (1.2 MB, 4032x2268)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
my newest comics plus trash. street fighter swimsuit special 1 is on its way and swimsuit special 2 should be released some time in june or july. I also finally got the Neuromancer novels in english after having read them from my local library in German like 20 years ago
>>
>>143277038
What's the spine like on that Silver Age Superman?
Also
>Star Wars storyboards
Nice, I've had the prequel storyboards since forever. I should take a look at them again some time.
>>
File: co-llection selection.jpg (1.99 MB, 2500x1965)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
Here's mine.

Bought "The Hunting Accident" recently on recommendation from my LCS owner, but I wasn't a particularly big fan of it. Reads very much like your stock "Inspirational True Life Story", with the same stock characters you've seen in these sort of biographies before. It's not that the events and situation aren't interesting, it just feels like they're told poorly. The art wasn't my cup of tea either, although it was trying to do some creative stuff. Wouldn't really recommend it myself.
>>
File: f4 150-1.jpg (57 KB, 420x612)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>143277024
>Guilty as charged
Good job, soldier.
>I think Marvel's generally getting worse at picking out covers for their new omnibuses
Yeah, I've been big on collecting the F4 omnis but volume 5 doesn't really jump out at me with either. It's not like this was the most exciting era of the F4 so I can't really say which cover I'd have picked that would be better outside maybe the Dr Doom cover or maybe 150 which is a bit amusing and has the whole milestone numbering going on.

>I think it's a side-effect of them having stopped commissioning special modern comic art for the standard.
The first few F4 omnis have some FANTASTIC covers too which is the big bummer. Those Alex Ross variants are beautiful.
>>
>>143276233
nice hellblazer
>>
File: 19-04.png (49 KB, 633x405)
49 KB
49 KB PNG
>>143276233
I broke down and ordered these yesterday. They weren't on my radar, but I caved.
>DoS
I'm not a Superfag but I figure this is one of the Omnis that you should have, and also it looks good on a shelf. My DC collection is rather small, I don't have much love for their base capes bar Vertigo, but it'll look nice next to my Morrison JLA. I just felt like it was a book I "needed". As if it encapsulated a certain moment in time.
>HiX
I passed back in the day because I was waiting for a proper Krakoa Era Omni colleXion, but considering how most of them ended up as trash, I realise that the only things I'd buy would be Omnis by Ewing and Gillen, plus a more collected Hickman Omni. So I figured fuck it, might as well buy this standalone, gaps notwithstanding. I know they'll release a better one one or two years later, hopefully with XoS included, but eh.
>AXE
I liked the event, sue me. I don't buy them unless they're completely necessary for me to complete the line (the only I own is AvX and also Final Crisis), and I consider this one vital to my planned hodgepodge Krakoa Era headcanon. Great art, Disaster Blockbuster feel, the type of cape sci-fi schlock I enjoy; it's my jam. It's utterly inconsequential and 100€ is maybe too much, but... Like I said, sue me.

I figure that the AXE Omni, my HoX/PoX HC, the HiXOmni, and maybe when they get to Red/Immortal and a more packed HiX-Men Omni will be enough for a Krakoa Era collection for me. Less so how it ended up being, and more as a representation of what I thought it'd be walking in. You couldn't pay me to buy Omnis of Duggan's X-Men (I do still own the floppies with the Larraz art) or Excalibur or whatever. I just hope when they get to collecting them, it's not a hodgepodge of issue where you get one Omni with 40 issues and they are 8 X-Men, 7 Excalibur, 10 Wolverine and so on. Just put out book/creator Omnis.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_103008213.jpg (589 KB, 4032x2268)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>143277054
>What's the spine like on that Silver Age Superman?
I dunno, spine-ey I guess? It's all right, not great but all right.

>I've had the prequel storyboards since forever.
I simply don't like the prequels. it's the original trilogy and nothing else for me, really.
>>
>>143276851
As others have said, they're becoming pretty trash. I especially hate the new RtO covers. First they split it from one Omni to two, and then they make both covers wraparounds. So one spine has Gambit's knees and the other has Marrow's ribcage IIRC. What were they thinking?Who buys them? I legitimately hate them. The only one I own liked that is the old Heroes Reborn (shut up), and I hate the spine. Honestly, I hate "Introduction/Prologue" Omnis (the only exceptions I'll make is when they reprint the War Of Kings Prologue/Epilogue because that whole era is collected in the Cosmic Omnis) so I was already wary of it, but the Yearbook cover was nice. Now I'm skipping it, period.
>>143277024
>>143277129
The V5 FF covers being both so bad is what made me make up my mind about not continuing with the numbered series. I have all the ones released thus far, but I have no desire to buy basically filler eras and possibly double-dip for the Byrne stuff. If they made more "creator Omnis" I'd buy Simonson, Claremont, maybe Defalco, but I'm not re-buying all my FF vols past the first four just to have them line up with the numbers. Honestly, the one FF run I really want in Omni format is Ultimate.

Generally I've bought a lot of the runs I really wanted, and now I'm in the "filling in gaps" while waiting for other Omnis to be announced, and it feels kind of boring and taxing, like wasted money. I'm looking forward to my Danny Ketch Omni arriving and possibly collecting all the Midnight Sons stuff later, but quite a few Omnis I'm buying them just to buy them.
>>
>>143277186
talking to my lawyer right this moment, expect mail within the week.
>>
>>143277129
>>143277243
didn't even know there was a vol 5 coming. I stopped following comic news for quite some time now since you have to wade through "wow this old beloved and CLEARLY straight character just came out as bisexual/gay/trans, let's celebrate" bullshit and "character a and b are very problematic" trash articles and I don't have the patience to watch Omar videos since he usually just 99% presents Omnis and other big 2 collections anyway.

any recommendations on staying up to date with just collection news that also include HCs and TPBs of non-big 2/Darkhorse comics?
>>
>>143277243
Yeah I'm not happy about the Road to Onslaught book being split up. The only reason I want it at all is to serve as a gap filler but now that they broke it up they have to find a lot of pointless shit I don't care about to fill it. And the covers being those wrap arounds that don't even have much to do with Onslaught at all is a real buzz kill too.

>The V5 FF covers being both so bad is what made me make up my mind about not continuing with the numbered series.
Especially since FF is pretty strongly collected in the Epic collection line. This particular volume is covered in volumes 8 and 9 of that which I already own and with volume 10 of that coming later this year the gap between the numbered omnis and the Byrne books is getting smaller.
>>
>>143277217
>I dunno, spine-ey I guess? It's all right, not great but all right.
I meant like the spine design on the cover
>I simply don't like the prequels. it's the original trilogy and nothing else for me, really.
My storyboard set was a birthday present from years back. I'm much more a fan of the OT as well, though I do think the prequel films at least have great production art as well (even if I'm a diehard McQuarrie fan)
>>143277243
>First they split it from one Omni to two, and then they make both covers wraparounds. So one spine has Gambit's knees and the other has Marrow's ribcage IIRC. What were they thinking?Who buys them? I legitimately hate them.
Wraparound covers on omnibuses just look ugly to me. The standard cover for Vol 1 of Busiek/Perez Avengers (pic related) is possibly the only wraparound that looks decent, because the spine at least lines up with a bunch of characters rather than just being a random knee or ribcage
>Honestly, I hate "Introduction/Prologue" Omnis
I think they're just a result of Marvel having collected events first and foremost, and then needing to plug in the gaps between that and other volumes. It's just down to a lack of foresight as to how all these volumes might fit together were they to collect EVERYTHING in a run in omnibus form, which wasn't really a consideration back when they started doing these
>The V5 FF covers being both so bad is what made me make up my mind about not continuing with the numbered series.
If it's not something I'm specifically interested in, I see no reason in getting it just for completion's sake. If that Vol 5 eventually goes on a sale after it comes out, maybe I'll grab it if it's cheap enough, but I'm not holding my breath.
>Generally I've bought a lot of the runs I really wanted, and now I'm in the "filling in gaps" while waiting for other Omnis to be announced
Same. There's a couple Vol 2s I need to pick up, but otherwise I'm just waiting for reprints or new omnis I want
>>
>>143277323
Most Avengers, Spidey and F4 books still have a decent kind of logic and flow to them. The big problem is that the X-line omnibuses are an absolute shit show. It's all fine for a while but then you have events, X-factor and New Mutants piling up and there's just so much overlap and event plotting that it's a nightmare to even compare let alone read.
>>
File: PXL_20240420_110016645.jpg (773 KB, 2268x4032)
773 KB
773 KB JPG
>>143277323
>I meant like the spine design on the cover
oh right, thought you meant the make-up of the spine since some other anon posted the spine of the Parker complete edition just now.
I guess it's pretty cool if they stick with that design.
>even if I'm a diehard McQuarrie fan
I'm still eyeing that massive slipcased edition but I am not sure if I should pull the trigger. getting out of massive-sized bookspace though the price did drop, it was originally €260, now it's at €182, might go for it. got a raise at work so I might have a bit more disposable income now
>>
File: DSCN1220.jpg (3.68 MB, 4896x3672)
3.68 MB
3.68 MB JPG
Didn't buy much. These threads are so infrequent, I bought Akira Toriyama's Manga Theatre the week he died
>>
>>143277338
Yeah and again, what's happened with the X-Books is a direct result of Marvel having put out omnis for the crossovers well before either the numbered vols of Uncanny reached the same point or they had even considered doing omnibus lines for New Mutants, X-Factor, et al.
Though honestly, even if Marvel had struck strictly to producing these omnis in order, without jumping ahead to do those events, they'd still have run into trouble when they reached the point where the spin-offs and crossover events start happening, which only gets worse the further you go into the 90s
>>143277361
Looks nice. I just wanted to see what it was like, since I'd heard DC had been fucking around with the cover and spine designs on their Golden Age/Silver Age omnis recently
>thought you meant the make-up of the spine since some other anon posted the spine of the Parker complete edition just now.
that was also me
>I'm still eyeing that massive slipcased edition but I am not sure if I should pull the trigger. getting out of massive-sized bookspace though the price did drop,
As cool as McQuarrie is, if you've not got the space, maybe don't go for it.
>>
>>143277364
What's with the Detective Conan looking couple at the bottom?
>>
>>143277378
Cross Game is just a baseball manga about a boy, the girl he loved who dies in the first volume and her tomboy sister
>>
>>143277390
sold.
>>
>>143277375
Uncanny also had such a huge head start you couldn't really just make a generic X-line of omnibus that contain every x-book that came out in in certain periods. And there's a lot more books than you think. You really forget about stuff like X-terminators and Fallen Angels clogging up the books.
>>
>>143277105
>L'Incal
Can you help me out French anon, I'm trying to learn the language, do you know any site where I can download or read French comics. The European Comics I was able to find on Get Comics are all English translated.
>>
>>143277361
That's a really neat looking spine, but that's the one that (rightfully) upset people because it broke continuity, yes?
>>
>>143277467
it's volume 1 so it doesn't really break continuity. if you mean compared to other silver age editions then yes, but I don't really care as long as it fits with the other upcoming superman silver age onmis
>>
>>143277467
That was the Man of Steel by Byrne run I think. The first spine was blue and then the rest were reddish orange. AND WHY THE FUCK IS ONLY VOLUME FOUR OUT OF PRINT!? I swear they're gonna announce and omnibus for the whole run before they get the last HC back in rotation.
>>
>>143277245
What?
>>143277287
I'm too much of a completionist to leave things unfinished so I keep chugging along. I pull very few monthlies, usually if it's from a writer I like. Honestly, when the "Image Renaissance" was revealed as a sham, I stopped paying attention to the "hot new Indie book". I buy some capeschlock every month to support my LCS and that's it.
>>143277316
I'm at that point where 'gap fillers' don't concern me as much. Especially when it comes to 90s X-Men and all the oversaturation. At some point they'll start putting out "X-Men" Omnis. I don't need every single issue collected. If they're going to be that slimy and half-assed about it, I'll just wait for uniformal Omnis like a good consoooomer, buy the stuff I want, and not bother with Prologues/Aftermaths/etc. I still haven't bad Mutant Massacre/Fall Of The Mutants/etc. I'm buying the individual Vols anyhow, I don't need to overcomplicate things. I'll grab just Inferno when it's reprinted, in who knows how many years, but I generally don't like all that
>this goes here, that goes there
type of order. I just want to display some stuff in order and have a good looking shelf. I'm doing it out of hoarding and vanity, I'm not going to literally crack open an Omni and start reading. I've read all the stuff I'm buying, now I just want them for collectible purposes.
>>143277323
Look at this ugly thing.
>I think they're just a result of Marvel having collected events first and foremost [...]
Yeah. Still, at this point, I'm structuring my collecting on a "complete the run, damn the crossovers" type of thing unless it's a specific event/story I liked.
>If it's not something I'm specifically interested in, I see no reason in getting it just for completion's sake.
It depends on the series for me.
>Same. There's a couple Vol 2s I need to pick up, but otherwise I'm just waiting for reprints or new omnis I want
I'm keeping tabs on new stuff, but I'm becoming a lot more selective after passing 100.
>>
>>143277038
The duality of man.
>>
>>143277519
>I'm keeping tabs on new stuff, but I'm becoming a lot more selective after passing 100.
I'm mostly reaching a point where between omnis and epics I have a lot of what I really care about collecting. Unless there's some big surprise I've managed to reign it in quite a bit and decided I don't really need EVERYTHING just for the sake of it.
>>
>>143277519
>What?
You said "sue me" several times
>>
>>143276851
You've sold me on the Parker Complete collection just by revealing it exists
>>
>>143277586
Oh, yeah. My bad anon, I'm a retard.
>>143277560
I flip-flop on it. I'm definitely winding down as I'm completing certain lines, but I'm still willing to buy some trash to have a uniformal line. I read all the DH SW stuff back in the day. I don't remember half of it, but I'm still buying all the omnis. The NuMarvel stuff though? Haven't touched them, because I want to have a truly "complete" SW Omni collection. With capes, it varies. X-Men I wanted to go all in, but as I've lost interest the last few years, I'm mostly sticking with just the main Omnis. Excalibur I bought up to V2, I won't go further. X-Factor just the originals, no PAD. Basically I'm following the "Summers Saga" approach, with a few sideways stuff here and there. Characters like Batman and Spider-Man I'm just buying my few favourite standalone runs, I'm not even attempting a proper collection. There are few characters I'll buy literally everything from, but they're B-Listers like Strange and Surfer, so it's not too much of a hassle. Only now did they get to reprint Iron Man Omnis. I don't think I'll ever have a complete Iron Man collection, but I'll keep hoping.

It's just boring keeping up to keep tabs on the stuff you really want, then getting tempted by something extra, and on it goes. I'm waiting for the day that they'll collect the 00s X Era, or Fraction's Iron Man or some totally out of left field Omni like Marvel Star Trek, but by and large I'm just "killing time" so to speak.
>>
>>143277486
The Golden Age Superman reprint broke the looks of the rest of the series too. It's neigh impossible to get the first print now.
>$600 for those
Laughable, you can buy these new for $50-70 each
>>
>>143276761
That's how I built up my DS game collection but mostly on shopgoodwill lol
>>
>>143277610
I didn't know it was a thing either until recently, when I just stumbled across it on amazon. I'm not an Absolutes guy and I never picked up those two Martini editions, so I'm very glad this exists. It's an incredibly based collection.
>tfw the first page of the collection before the title and contents is a portrait of Darwyn Cooke
>>
>order some books from the Skybound shop last Friday (the 12th)
>still haven't shipped
Damn, should I send them an email asking what's up on Monday?
It was the three hardcover editions of Oblivion Song, ten bucks each.
>>
>>143276893
It lies underneath Sandman Overture so it’s there.
>>
>>143276961
>penthouse comics
>2024 on the cover
What the fuck? When and why did they bring them back?
>>
File: 20231230_122205.jpg (2.68 MB, 2400x2645)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
My Marvel stuff, minus Spider-Man and X-Men which gets their own shelves.

I've read probably about 80% of these, but a few like the David Hulk I petered out in the middle of vol 3. Still need to finish the vol 4 of FF
>>
>>143278233
I've actually been really enjoying the new Penthouse Comics. They're serialized Euro comics, and in that issue they talk about print whole volums of Euro comics in English. I hope they succeed.

Only thing that sucks is their "articles" and nudie pics of 3D women (too airbrushed and I don't need that in my comics).
>>
>>143278241
Which of these would you recommend to someone who reads barely any cape at all.
>>
>>143278241
those Marvel Premium HCs look really good, I actually like the format, but overall
>too much Marvel
>>
>>143276233
nice books, do you only buy what buzzfeed says is good?
>>
>>143278341
Miller Daredevil, Simonson Thor
>>
>>143278650
I started the Miller Daredevil but dropped it because I really disliked the art. Will check out that Thor.
>>
File: 20240420_110027.jpg (2.75 MB, 3776x2775)
2.75 MB
2.75 MB JPG
>>143276233
Bought these at a con last week
>>
>>143278614
>Beta
>Der Schwindler
>Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher
>Buzzfeed
okay faggot
>>
File: 20240420_114649.jpg (1.62 MB, 2760x1911)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
>>143278341
>Which of these would you recommend to someone who reads barely any cape at all.

Out of my collection in that picture, and particularly for someone that doesn't read superhero books, I would recommend two things. The first is the Thor by Walt Simonson omnibus/run. The omni i have is great, but it is recolored with a modern style abd its so huge and a pain to read for being such a readable series. It will be starting in the next Masterworks volume so maybe pick those up as they come out starting next year. They will read better than the giant omnibus and have restored art from original pages provided by Simonson himself and original coloring.

The other I would recommend is Annihilation and the following series. I put that whole cosmic Saga as one thing. So pretty much just follow that one shelf. Start with Annihilation, which I have as OHC but is out as one omni containing the whole thing. I switched out my other OHC and TPBs because the new omnis had other material and TPBs all bundled together in good reading orders too. I was missing all the Nova material, and I like they included the X-Men stuff for WoKs that was originally missing from collections.

I would also say read that Inhumans TPB if you can, it's good setup for later WoK stuff too.

Skip Bendis and just end at Realm of Kings and it's a good beginning-middle-end story that wraps itself up. Hella great space epic
>>
File: Shelvy.jpg (761 KB, 1820x1377)
761 KB
761 KB JPG
>These are my Shelves

>My most recent buy is Kirby's Fourth World TP boxset.

>I have Dini's Zatanna and Johns' Booster Gold TP + JSA omnibus three on the way. and some fantasy Euro book called Brindille. Looked fun so I ordered it.

>Currently reading the 2nd JSA omnibus.

On one hand I want to buy the Ennis and Delano Hellblazer omnibi. On the other hand I'm hoping they'll just reprint the whole shebang. I'd buy every single one, aside from maybe Milligan's shite run.
>>143276482
Lots of them still look like you haven't read 'em. Or did you just reseal them?
>>143277186
>I'm not a Superfag but I figure this is one of the Omnis that you should have, and also it looks good on a shelf. My DC collection is rather small, I don't have much love for their base capes bar Vertigo, but it'll look nice next to my Morrison JLA. I just felt like it was a book I "needed". As if it encapsulated a certain moment in time.
It;s a great read, but it's also right in the middle of that ugly as sin Bloodlines event.
>>
>>143277186
>but I figure this is one of the Omnis that you should have
What a stupid way of thinking, but those other two are even worse comics anyway.
>>
File: 20240420_120417.jpg (3.29 MB, 2400x3200)
3.29 MB
3.29 MB JPG
>>143278549
>too much Marvel
That's like half my Marvel. I have a shelf for X-Men and for Spider-Man (and related) separately.

Here's my DC stuff. I also have shelves of not-DC-or-Marvel. Please excuse the mess, I was digging through longboxes to find my Superman VS Alien comics, but couldn't find where they went.
>>
>>143279306
I see you did buy the 3rd Johns Flash omni. I skipped it since I think Johns lost his touch when he started om rebirth
>>
>>143278241
Christ that's a lot of capeshit. I hope you're actually reading it at least.
>>
>>143279306
I don't care about DC or Marvel shelves. post the not-DC-or-Marvel shelf already!
>>
>>143277034
Looks horrifying, but if it works, it works.
>>
Behead all richfags and distribute their books to the proletariat.
>>
File: 20240420_124023.jpg (3.56 MB, 2667x3930)
3.56 MB
3.56 MB JPG
>>143279365
>Christ that's a lot of capeshit. I hope you're actually reading it at least.

I mean, I have several shelves that aren't Superheroes, but that's mostly what I'm into. I have a bunch of Western stuff from Italy and a lot of Conan. I'm still behind on Conan but bought all the Marvel omnis before they went out of print, still on omni vol 6. I've read all the Dark Horse stuff. Got tons of non Superhero stuff, but my collection is like two thirds Superhero stuff if I'm being honest with myself and include shit like Power Rangers comics and manga like Kamen Rider.

I love me some Judge Dredd. My first comic was a Dredd book

But yes, I read it. I read it all. I only pause because I start reading something new, but like 80% of books have been read. Inly only ever intentionally stopped reading two books, Hulk omnibus vol 1 the original Hulk stuff, I was bored out of my mind before half way. The other is my Golden Age Captain America vol 1, which I lost interest in far too quickly and I regretted the full purchase.

Currently I'm paused on David's Hulk and it's been about a year, so I really should jump back in.
>>
Anybody have graded comics?
I'm thinking of getting a few. Probably not big keys or anything actually expensive like smaller 50-100 dollar books.
Would love a ASM 41 though, but that's pretty pricey.
>>
https://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon/featured-guests/
This is a con I'm going to in the summer. Who's work should I check out before hand? Already read Don Rosa's Duck work.
>>
>>143278241
This looks like the GN section in the TEEN(s) area of a lot of the local branch public libraries in my county looked about 5-6 years ago, when the librarians went whole hog into Marlel due to MCU synergy nonsense, and a budget increase.

Of course, most of them weren't complete series, just random volumes that were available for purchase on sale when they had that dumpload of cash. So the hispanic kids they bought them for maybe read one or two and never look back and they just sit there.

In the meantime, all the Schoolastic and First/Second YA stuff gets so checked out everything has a wait list!

>>143276233
My shelf is virtual so it's perpetually DUST FREE!
>>
>>143279645
Graded means like sealed in a plastic or glass frame, right? I don't really get the appeal, why not just get a high quality poster of the cover?
>>
>>143279222
>It;s a great read
I've read bits and pieces, but never the whole thing. I enjoyed what I read, but for superficial reasons, as I'm not attached to the characters. I always have at least some sort of "history" with what I'm buying, even if I'm less familiar with it. I never go in blind. I visit that omnibus subreddit for news, and every time there's some faggot going
>ermegrd fellow broski redditors y'all, I just bought this 150$ book, is it gewd?!
Those fucks can literally pirate anything, and they're buying Omnis without even sampling. Normalfags ruined both Omnibus and 1/6th collecting during Covid.
>>143279261
>What a stupid way of thinking,
Why? Omnibus collecting is mostly flexing. If you want to just read these issues, you can just buy an external HD and save it all there. I have TBs upon TBs of saved content. You buy Omnis to show off. I will agree that you should not be buying things just because of FOMO or just spending cash on something you have literally no interest in just to have another complete set. But if you're into Omnis, you will buy some "useless" books to complete a set or because they're just that classic or for whatever other reason.
>but those other two are even worse comics anyway.
I will agree on JD because it's an inconsequential modern event with nothing particularly great about it. But it's one of the highlights of the Krakoa era, the art was nice and clean, and it's one of the best showings my man Tony has had in years, so I just had to get the Brooks cover. HiX-Men up until #11 had potential and then went down the drain. Still, if the future Krakoa Omnis have awful mapping and that's all I get, at least I'll have something from that era, and I wanted some representation on my shelf.

If we compare size and price though, DoS is the best value for my money, and from that pile it is the one I'm most excited to get.
>>
>>143279341
>Johns lost his touch when he started om rebirth
I thought the Flash Rebirth series was a good return for Allen and the whole thing felt so refreshing after what all happened with Bart as Flash a short while before. I loved the artwork in Rebirth and thought the way each Flash looked different was cool. I just kind of hated that just as the ball was rolling Flashpoint becomes a thing and THAT killed the momentum of Flash for me.

But that said, I very much liked the New 52 Flash series, the art was slick and good writing. I hated some changes, but they made for good stories overall. I wish they would put out the rest of that New 52 series as an omni, I hate that big gap between Rebirth. Some great Reverse Flash (West) and Professor Zoom stories in between.

Currently I'm still picking up Flash as TPB since they stopped the rebirth OHCs at vol 3. But that's the one DC title I never stopped following no matter what since I started in the early 00s. Everyone else I drop in and out of between creators or eras. But Flash I've read it all from Messner Loeb to current and have been a monthly reader since mid Johns when I first started. Though I will say a lot of the older material I did torrent, I think it's safe to say I still buy my comics when I can
>>
>>143279829
I do occasionally buy without reading first. Like The Books of Magic and Flash by Johns. But in BoM's case I asked around if it was good and Johns can write a good book so it's fair yknow. The Kirby stuff I've never read before either, but I felt like dipping my toes in some classic stuff.

>>143279840
>I thought the Flash Rebirth series was a good return for Allen and the whole thing felt so refreshing after what all happened with Bart as Flash a short while before. I loved the artwork in Rebirth and thought the way each Flash looked different was cool. I just kind of hated that just as the ball was rolling Flashpoint becomes a thing and THAT killed the momentum of Flash for me.
Yeah, I didn't want to pay 150 buckeroos for Flashpoint and N52, just felt like a waste of money. I'm sorely tempted to collect Adams' Flash run since I just finished the Johns 1 and 2 Omni's and I remember Adams' run having the same vibe.
>>
>>143279306
What's the Superman The Exile omnibus like?
I heard they're reprinting it some time soon to go along with the first volume of the Triangle Era
>>
>>143277361
>pretty cool if they stick with that design.
DC will put out a Supes vol. II and maybe even get to Vol. III of these, while they push out at least 4 Batwank SA volumes, and then SOLICIT but likely never actually re-release the Barry/Flash and Hal/GL stuff in this new design, and then never do anything else.

>>143277444
Kaskus has a thread but those are all scanlations/translation rips. This guy is from South America and more often does Spanish language rips but he does post the French ones, like this one:
https://colecionadores-go.blogspot.com/2024/04/corto-maltese-t02-la-reine-de-babylone.html

But his links when you go far back tend to die fairly quickly save for the slow boat, lower quality links. And you want to have a javascript and adblock for the interstitial adverts on his link hosters.

>>143277653
If they reprinted the rest it wouldn't make a difference.

>>143279812
>I don't really get the appeal
There's always going to be collectibles that others don't get. I never understood the appeal of pins and a few fell in my lap in a lot, and I bought a bigger lot for a steal to get a few more I did want, and I'm going to turn around and sell the rest for a profit. I've had some buttons I've loved since I went away at school, that have been on magnets in one fridge or another pretty much in every place I lived since high school, so I'm sure I'll come up with a fun way to display the 5-10 buttons (pins) I'll end up keeping and I do take a peak now when I am on ebay at other pins, but EF if I will pay $10-25 for some small piece of metal just because it was a free SDCC giveaway five years ago.

ALSO: FUNKO POPS

>>143279306
Jeez Louise!

I can see collecting the Super Sons that had Jorge's art but not the rest of those in an OMNI. And I think I prefer 52 in the four volumes, just as HCs.

That OMNI feels like it would be a real work out to read.
>>
I've been reading Bone, surprising how good it was.
>>
>>143280033
Everyone tells you it's good, why be surprised when it actually is?
>>
>>143279745
Brett Breeding, of course.
Bring pregnancy fetish hentai manga for him to sign.
>>
>>143280042
I was expecting /co/ to be the same as usual.
>>
>>143279875
>I do occasionally buy without reading first. Like The Books of Magic and Flash by Johns. But in BoM's case I asked around if it was good and Johns can write a good book so it's fair yknow. The Kirby stuff I've never read before either, but I felt like dipping my toes in some classic stuff.
If it's something unique and specific and you feel that you'll like it no matter what, I get it. But when you're shelling stuff on the average capeschock with no connection to the characters or any idea about it all, it's just too retarded for me to let slide. BoM I didn't like myself and I skipped them. I read them back in the day, and while I liked the base concept, I found that it deteriorated too much and too fast into cliche YA schlock for me to enjoy. I'll buy all the Hellblazer Omnis because I'm that much of a fan, regardless of the ups and downs, but I couldn't justify ~400€ for BoM. Kirby's a special case where even if you dislike the story, you're paying for the art. I'm not a huge Kamandi fan, but I'll buy that Omni if it's ever reprinted to add it next to my New Gods. And while I own the Kirby New Gods Omni, and the Byrne one, there's no chance I'll ever buy the recent "2nd Vol". It's just boring stuff from titles such as "DC Super Powers". I feel stupid just owning it, and I'm someone who bought Onslaught and The Twelve...
>>
>>143280077
Oh i aint no completionist. I hear omni 3 of BoM was shite and 1 and 2 are a complete story and i'm fine with it.

I'd feel more at ease buying the Ennis Hellblazer Omni if they'd announce an Omni for Delano, Diggle and Carey
>>
>>143276233
You keep sealed copies? I take them out of the shrink wrap.
>>
>>143280147
They did actually announce a Delano Omni, it went up for PO a few weeks ago: https://www.amazon.co.uk/John-Constantine-Hellblazer-Omnibus-1/dp/1779527845 It's marked as Vol 1, so I assume another will follow. I hope they'll get to collecting other HB runs too. Me I skipped the Moore ST Absolutes because I just find the swamp setting too disgusting. I've never managed to read it. If they make an Omni I could be tempted. 100€ I can risk and try to read it, 300€ is too much.
>>
>>143280221
I'm a eurofag and it isn't on my usual website yet... But that is promising... I missed out on the first complete reprint because my pearl clutching parents didnt want it in the house.

I love Swampy, but Moore's oververbose writing style got tiring around the arc after the Blue Planet. Would buy it at a discount
>>
>>143280221
>If they make an Omni I could be tempted. 100€ I can risk and try to read it, 300€ is too much.
The TPB boxset's cheaper than both, if you can find it
>>
>>143279222
I just go digital for the most part.
>>
>>143280249
I'm a Eurofag too. I buy from ComicsBugle and they have it there. There's also a local place that I don't buy much from because the CB guys keep them around a bit and ship them to me in bulk. Still, everything always sells out in my local place as well, so I don't feel bad. This time I tried Walt's Comic Shop (the DoS/JD/HiX order) but I haven't received them yet.
>>143280325
Yeah I know, but I collect only hardcovers/Omnis/etc; no softcovers. It's not about reading it, it's about buying it. I have it stored in my HDD, I can read it at any time. I just can't get into it no matter how many times I've tried because Southern Gothic set in swamps isn't my style. I'm just saying that if they turned it into an Omni, I'd be tempted to buy it, even if I never read it, just to have it.
>>
I buy to read personally, though I'm not super interested in big two so I figure the money I spend helps support the creators more than it would if I was buying from Marvel or DC. Also I just like to physically hold the book I'm reading rather than stare at a screen.
Omni collections do look nice. Though they can very easily look soulless IMO. Or devoid of personality if you prefer.

>>143278241
Unrelated to that because I think your shelves look decent, why the FUCK did they make the text on the Luke Cage omni that small?
>>
>>143280545
>why the FUCK did they make the text on the Luke Cage omni that small?
That's been Marvel's new spine style for Silver/Bronze Age omnis since like 2021
>>
>>143276562
Genuinely don't get why anyone would care about that. I only use it to keep up with my pull.
>>
>>143276961
How was Dwellings? Issue one was okay but that price turned me off
>>
>>143278323
I'm enjoying it too. I don't like the price but it's every couple of months so I can deal with it. Amazing art. Weird stories. I hope it lasts for a while. It seems like they sold a bunch by the note in the beginning of issue 2.
>>
>>143276482
Nocturnal jumps back onto my radar Everytime you post your shelf. thank you Anon
>>
Pimps Up and Mangos Down
Don't know where to buy? Try these:
https://www.amazon.com/
https://www.bookdepository.com (worldwide shipping)
http://www.booksetc.co.uk/ (EU)
http://cheap-comics.com (EU)
https://www.instocktrades.com/ US (worldwide shipping)
https://www.dcbservice.com/
https://www.mycomicshop.com US(worldwide shipping)
http://www.speedyhen.com (UK)
https://www.tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)

[best deal websites for comics]
https://bookoutlet.com/browse/products/comics
https://www.cheapestbookprice.com/

[your local comic shop here]

List of things out next week:
http://www.comiclist.com/index.php
Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

[want to read comics but not buy?]
https://readcomiconline.li/
https://getcomics.info/
>>
>>143280077
>Books of Magic
Is the only Gaiman story I own and I don't feel like I'm missing out.
>>
I have some spare cash, nothing new to Pre-Order, and no real backlog. So I'm looking at some Omnis that I'm mildly interested in, but nothing is jumping out at me. I have a Top 5, give me your thoughts:
>Alien Omni 1
I like Alien, but I'm not a superfan. I've got toys of the Xenos, I've seen all the films, read a few of the DH minis, played some of the games, and so on. I have no intention of ever buying all 4, I was thinking of buying just the first Omni to have some Alien representation, and because I generally like Sci-Fi. The problem is that, again, I'm no superfan, and it'd just be alone, stuck in my general SF shelf. Is it worth buying just the 1st Omni?
>Immortal Hulk
I'm no Hulk fan. I've sampled the PAD run back in the day, I can see the appeal, but Hulk is just an ugly big green guy and I was never into it. I read Immortal, I liked it, but it ended on such a nothingburger note, that I'm soured on the whole thing. It's not even about Ewing's tranny politics, the book just felt like it went nowhere despite the hype train. Still, I liked the art and horror aspect, and I don't have many horror books, so there's that. I'd put it in the Doctor Strange/Ghost Rider/etc corner.
>Azz WW
I'm no WW fan as I find myth-derived capes tacky, kitschy and insulting. I read this one and half liked it, half found it boring. I liked the writing story, but found the whole bit too empty and dry for a story about Greek Gods. With Thor books you get a sense of scale, here it felt like a CW show. Still, it's one WW thing I've enjoyed.
>Fraction Thor
I've read some Thor stuff since I like Cosmic stories, and I own the JMS Omni for the Coipel art. Also because I really liked JiM and while waiting for a reprint, I figured I'd buy the new JMS edition with the Gillen stories. I'll be honest, the only bit of this Omni I remember is the Silver Surfer story and I guess Fear Itself. Really stretching it here, but I just love SS.

Seems I don't have a 5th... Top 4 it is. So, any thoughts?
>>
>>143280660
Yeah I know it works pretty good on thinner books like Savage She-Hulk but it looks comical on Luke Cage's big black spine.
>>
>>143280849
Coincidentally i bought it because its my favorite Gaiman comic
>>
>>143279641
>Witchblade HC x3
Why tho?
>>
>>143277038
>street fighter swimsuit special 1
I bought this book on a whim and haven't even taken the plastic off of it yet.
>>
>>143280850
I wouldn't pull the trigger on any of them. Immortal Hulk is overrated. Azz WW is pretty shit outside of the art. Fraction is garbage.
>>
>>143280996
>Fraction is garbage.
A fraction of it is pretty good. Panel 3 on page 17 especially.
>>
>>143280850
>Top 5
>Lists 4
Scratch Fraction Thor, out of the bunch I'd say get Azzarello Wonder Woman
>>
>>143280828
Thanks anon, I was too lazy to go through the archive, will remember to add it if I also happen to bake next time.
>>
File: droga.jpg (1.32 MB, 2560x1920)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
Cormac McCarthy's The Road, adapted by Manu Larcenet. Polish edition.
>>
File: droga2.jpg (1.15 MB, 2560x1920)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>143281234
There's also a b&w version, but I didn't bought that one
>>
>>143281234
Holy shit, that's two creators I didn't expect to see together.
>>
File: droga3.jpg (952 KB, 2560x1920)
952 KB
952 KB JPG
>>143281253
Apparently English version will be out in September
>>
File: droga4.jpg (1.21 MB, 2560x1920)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>143281282
last pic
>>
>>143281282
Thank you!
>>
File: super1.jpg (1.65 MB, 1500x997)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB JPG
got my whale
>>
>>143281364
Congrats man!
>>
>>143281364
congratulations. how much did it cost?
>>
>>143281364
Man, I love this cover style. It really sucks that DC has arbitrarily abandoned it in some cases
>>
File: Shelf1-4.jpg (3.69 MB, 3122x4162)
3.69 MB
3.69 MB JPG
Here's my collection
>>
File: Shelf2-4.jpg (3.21 MB, 2498x3330)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB JPG
>>143281774
>>
>>143281787
not pictured is the rest of 2000ad
>>
>>143281774
>>143281787
Stoked for the BaRTAS omni and wheres yer Questiom vol 2?
>>
File: Shelf3-4.jpg (3.98 MB, 2775x3700)
3.98 MB
3.98 MB JPG
>>143281803
i'm dumb
>>
File: Shelf4-4.jpg (3.5 MB, 3700x2775)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB JPG
>>143281825
and the last bit
>>
>>143281804
I haven't read all of omni 1. I'm trying to slow down my purchasing, so I'm not buying so many more books than I've read. I've got a backlog now.
It's part of the reason I didn't throw down for Daredevil vol 3 that just came out.
>>
>>143281992
I preo'd question tje moment it got online. Reread part 1 to get into the feels. I forgot how wishywashy Quarterly was though
>>
>>143280849
The Gaiman mini is good, the rest I found just a chore to get through. I think it appeals to people who like Tolkien-derived fantasy worlds, and me personally I've always found them rather boring. It goes on and on and it's more like an Isekai and that's not the thing I expected from it back when I started reading it. I guess you do get some progression and you see Tim Hunter grow up, but apart from that, eh. I generally like Gaiman though, I've got all the Sandman Absolutes and if I see his name somewhere, I'll at least try it. But he's got a lot of middle of the road books too.
>>
>want to buy some old floppies
>not a single store on eBay has more than one book I'm looking for
>shipping is just as much as the book if not more
>prices are all over the place, one book can be anywhere from 5-50 dollars
>also search results are shit so there tons of unrelated books clogging the page
This sucks.
>>
>>143280203
>You keep sealed copies? I take them out of the shrink wrap.
I open all my books immediately just to make sure the pages are in good condition. Don't want to flip through them a year or two down the line and find it a mess well after I can return it. Which has happened to someone I know.
>>
>>143282265
mycomicshop
>>
>>143282268
I do that now too. My Wondy Earth 2 had massive printing errors. I got one for free from my lcs as apology and it had the same issue
>>
>>143282283
They don't have every comic I want, or if they do it's a lower grade than I want. Or it's like 2-3 dollars more expensive than average.
I was exaggerating a bit there was a few shops (including that one) that have a few issues I'm looking for, but by and large they're pretty spread out over the hundreds of comic shops on ebay.
>>
>>143280996
>Immortal Hulk is overrated.
I can appreciate what it tried to do, and his boring politics aside I think Ewing writes well, but the whole thing ended up being a nothingburger. I enjoyed the few FF appearances more than I cared for the whole thing. The Hulk Vs The World subplot is dropped, they fight SatanGod in anticlimatic finale and that's it. I don't know.
>Azz WW is pretty shit outside of the art.
I didn't like it much myself. It was just ugly, in an aesthetical sense. But I found Diana pretty badass and wholesome at the same time. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. It's just a thing I read and remember here and there. I wouldn't mind having it, but spending 130€ on it isn't appealing either.
>Fraction is garbage.
I like Fraction desu. I know he ruined Hawkeye, but he doesn't annoy me, same with Gillen. He's a product of the 10s, but he's not annoying to me like others became. Maybe it's because he wrote the last Iron Man book worth reading and I'm a Starkfag, but I'll always have a soft spot for him. His Thor was just inconsequential, the most I remember is Fear Itself and that Surfer story. And much as I love the Surfer and Coipel's art, uying a whole Omni for just a story is not wise. I don't remember hating anything, but I also don't remember anything. I think it ended in a big fight with Surtur or something?
>>143281078
Yeah, I realised at the bottom that I lacked a 5th. Dunno, Aaron's Ghost Rider? I loathe it because I hate grindhouse and what he did to Danny, but I... liked the new design, I guess? We don't have any GR Omnis and I've already POed the Ketch and 2099 ones.
>I'd say get Azzarello Wonder Woman
On a pure "which is the best piece" competition I'm leaning there. But I found the redesigns and general aesthetic so ugly that I'm being put off by it. Whereas Hulk at least had good grimmy horror, although it didn't live up to the promise of Cosmic Horror for me.
>>
File: thumbnail.jpg (179 KB, 1080x555)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
>>143276233
>post shelves
done
>post recent purchases
I did a few weeks back. Just a bunch of HC ec books
>discuss upcoming releases
Where the Heck is my Supergirl new52 Omni. Mutha Heck Peter David's trash run and Rebirth was trash before it was ever published.
>talk about what you're currently reading
I'm currently read the complete works of Sarah Kane. She is a horror playwright out of the UK
>>
>>143282326
NTA, but I hate it when I want to buy some floppies to fill some gaps, and there's 3 or 4 issues missing and I'm stuck ordering stuff over and over to slowly fill the holes.
>>
File: IMG_4523.jpg (794 KB, 1600x1200)
794 KB
794 KB JPG
>>143282448
Oh wait. This is an old pic before I had to pack up half of my belongings and store them at my parents house. This is my current/shelves
>>
>>143282448
Hey biaaatch i want a PAD supergirl omni
>>
>>143282448
>Mutha Heck Peter David's trash run and Rebirth was trash before it was ever published.
And I forgot Mutha Heck Jeff Loeb's trash run.
>>
>>143282515
The best part of the series is Ed Benes but more power to you Anon.
>>
>>143282429
>>143280996
I've talked about it a lot with friends but Immortal Hulk, while not a bad story by any stretch, feel like Ewig is trying way too hard to redefine the character. It feels like he just got the chance and is trying to rush into getting his own "Epic story" without there being a hulk book to set it up.
>>
>>143280203
I only remove the foil once I actually start reading that specific book which can take months or even years, sometimes. Berserk for instance I have already read 4 times over the years, so it's not high on the priority list. In rare instances I'm also unsure if I want to keep books so I leave on the foil to make selling them easier. Pretty much all the mainstream titles I own are just for the pleasure of having a physical copy, I already know the contents. Same for manga, I mostly just buy familiar series which still lack high res scans. The only things I actually buy for reading and not a collector's indulgence are indie and euro comics which aren't usually sold shrink-wrapped anyway.
>>
>>143281774
How is the Loeb/Sale Batman omni? I've been thinking of picking it up.
>>
>>143282265
what are you looking for in particular? I have a bunch of floppies lying around
>>
>>143282606
He was obviously trying to get his own Swamp Thing, but whereas Moore's Swamp Thing was more worldly, his Hulk felt oddly small. For a story about mad scientists taking on the Devil, it was too small in scope. The ending really soured me on it. You get the notion that things keep ramping up, and all it ends up being is just Job but with roided out retards. I don't know, it might just be me being unable to take Hulk seriously with all the rainbow colours and cavemen monster faces. It was an entertaining ride, I don't regret reading it on the high seas, but I'm hesitating dropping cash on it.

I will say that even though I know Ewing's politics and his faults, I still would like to see him take a crack at FF. I really enjoyed them all the times they appeared throughout his run.
>>
>>143282429
Never been much of a Gillen fan either. I guess I hate this 2010s writing but get whatever you enjoy. There is some cool stuff coming out in a couple months so maybe hold onto the extra cash.
>>
>>143282875
>It was an entertaining ride, I don't regret reading it on the high seas, but I'm hesitating dropping cash on it.

I was collecting the regular trades as they came out. You can usually get those cheaper. But Omnibus prices are bit much.
>>
>>143281774
>>143281787
>>143281825
>>143281839
Nice collection and nice shelves too, which is a rarity. Still a little cape-heavy for my taste, but they seem like good picks, the DC shelf in particular. What's Sock-Monkey about, that looks interesting.
>>
Man as Eurocuck who only recently started collecting (and doesnt use Amazon) im jealous of your pulls

Hex and silver age supergirl? You guys are based
>>
Does anyone else hate it when Omnibuses are "too big?" Because seriously some of these are goddamn phone books and it doesn't make for a comfortable reading experience.
>>
>>143283002
Yeah i get that when I read JSA
>>
How do I stop my pages from turning yellow? Im still butthurt because of my watchmen omnibus, literally half of the book is like that. Im thinking of expanding my shelf and I'm scared, specially because I have a very important and rare book
>>
>>143282966
Why aren't you using amazon? I mean aside from the fact that they have a viscous hatred for books and there's a ~1/3 chance your 100€ absolute is going to arrive naked and beaten to a pulp in a 0.1€ flimsy cardboard box.
>>
>>143282889
From the 10s era I found them the most tolerable. It's people like Aaron that I cannot stand. I suppose I can handle a bit of fagginess in my writers, but I cringe at the faggots who LARP as burly ebin beer-chuggers who are also heckin wholesome like Aaron. I can understand not liking the Gillen/Fraction type though, they get on my nerves too at times, but I generally enjoy them.
>>143282928
Eh, I'm not interested in buying softcovers. If I don't like it enough to drop hard cash on it, I'd rather not have it. It's sort of my test to keep my purchases in check.
>>
>>143283060
Stop smoking, leaving them in the sun or damp basements. How are you even letting your book turn yellow in the first place you pig?
>>
>>143283107
>Eh, I'm not interested in buying softcovers
They have these DELUXE editions which are each about two trades in a nice hardback. It's actually a nicer read than the phone book omnibus.
>>
>>143283090
Even more cucked than that. ethical reasons. Beside the website that I use always bubblewraps it :)
>>
>>143283002
Only when the production is subpar so it feels like the book will easily get damaged due to its own weight and size.
>>
>>143283144
I see. Well, I'm honestly unlikely to buy it in any case, but thanks for the tip.
>>
>>143283107
I get that. I know Aaron rubs people the wrong way but I loved Southern Bastards and Scalped. Me being from down south probably helps that but his big two work is overall pretty trash.
>>
>>143283128
I neither smoke, nor leave them in the sun, nor have a damp basement.
>pig
;_; maybe, but not at that degree man. Could dust cause that, should I clean my shelf more often?
>>
>>143283357
>Could dust cause that, should I clean my shelf more often?
Yes.
>>
>>143283292
I honestly liked the beginning of his Thor, but maybe that was just the Esad Ribic art. I can't remember anything else of his I've enjoyed.
>>
>>143278775
that power girl was a fun ok reading
>>
File: 20240420_183927.jpg (3.62 MB, 4000x3000)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
>>
File: 20240420_183916.jpg (3.02 MB, 4000x3000)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>>143283618
>>
>>143283641
>>143283618
Not pictured are a bunch of prose books
>>
>>143277364
I love that xfactor run
>>
File: 51q79XzTsAL._SS500_.jpg (54 KB, 500x500)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>143277364
I need to finally get around to reading Elf Quest. I really want to read more non cap stuff. Always looking out for some fantasy too.
>>
>>143276908
X-Men 24 is a pretty important issue though in a way, since it's when Gambit and Rogue first hooked up. Also, the book doesn't even have Excalibur #71 in it (which is the epilogue for the entire Fatal Attraction "Colossus turns traitor" arc and which sets up a status quo bit going forward through Phalanx Covenant where Xavier sets up residence on Muir Island and is going back and forth between the mansion and Muir Island every couple of days (which becomes a plot point in Phalanx Covenant).
>>
>>143283641
looks like you need a couple of BPRD books to support your Hellboy Libraries asap.
>>
>>143283879
Why is there not a BPRD library
>>
>>143282875
Part of the problem with Ewings' Hulk is that he pissed off Aaron (who wanted to use Hulk in Avengers and explicitly told Ewing to his face that he had ZERO intention to coordinate his work with Ewing and planned on ignoring everything Ewing was writing because he was the bigger name writer) and as a consequence of Ewing convincing editorial to take his side over Aaron and banning Aaron from using Hulk if he wouldn't play ball with Ewing, was that Immortal Hulk became largely isolated from the greater Marvel Universe outside of a couple of one-off specials (Absolute Carnage, King In Black, and Empyre; the last being a sop where Ewing was finally allowed to write She-Hulk and clean up the mess that her character had fallen into).
>>
>>143281364
and here's my order which is still processing
>>143281388
>>143281473
Thanks
>>143281418
More then I originally wanted but less then what other people are charging for a new copy.
>>
>>143283875
Like I said it's not bad image and the issue is important but for a book called Fatal Attractions you'd think you'd want the Fatal Attractions cover. This just makes it look like some spicy tale and pun based on Rogue's power when it's anything but.
>Also, the book doesn't even have Excalibur #71
That's a real shame. I wonder if they intend to put it in the inevitable Phalanx Covenant epic
>>
>>143283971
>buying manga on IST
It feels like every single time I do that it delays my order and they end up shipping it separately.
>>
>>143282822
Mostly modern variants from the last few years, and random covers that feature Rhino.
>>
>>143284383
IST is a great shop but despite their name they don't always have everything IN STOCK at the time so they probably had to order more which is why it came separate. Which I really don't mind but I do wish they'd do like CGN does and say if something needs to be special ordered a head of time.
>>
>>143284383
It's called InstockTRADES not InstockMANGA
>>143284461
Yeah when something is on special order on CGN you'll probably be waiting for IST to special order it for you as well. Not always of course.
>>
>>143277105
>dylan dog
nice
>>
>>143277186
you dont owe us explanations, anon. buy what makes you happy. the return of superman is my guilty pleasure. it's far from the worst comic on my shelf lol
>>
>>143278241
nice
>>
>>143279306
jesus christ
>>
>>143279306
What kind of shelves are those? Seem pretty sturdy. Also what is the series near the middle with the earths on the spine?
>>
>want Dazzler omnibus
>1360 pages
AAAH NO MY FUCKING ARMS
I MUST INVEST IN A LAP DESK ASAP
>>
>>143284866
Get the Artgerm cover, and then at least one of your arms will be strong enough to lift the omnibus singlehandedly
>>
File: IMG_1344.jpg (1.68 MB, 3024x2746)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB JPG
Picked both of these up at my last visit to my LCS. Always been a little curious about Ant-Man and there’s not many collected editions focused on him so I thought I’d check out the Marvel Masterworks since there’s only 3 volumes. I got Deadman for much of the same reason, I found Kelley Jones’ art really interesting though, haven’t got too far into it but I’ve always liked the supernatural side of DC
>>
>>143282875
I didn't think any part of IH was good. Even the art was ruined by the digitization.
\With Moore's Swamp Thing, you're immediately hit with "The Anatomy Lesson".
>>
>>143284973
I mean he has two epic collections. And his modern books have trades. Otherwise he's kind of been attached to teams his whole existence.
Avengers.
West Coast Avengers.
The Intiative
Avenger Academy
Avenger AI
And now he's dead or something.
>>
File: 20240420_195343.jpg (2.51 MB, 2339x3119)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
>>143284682
>jesus christ
?

>>143284857
>What kind of shelves are those? Seem pretty sturdy. Also what is the series near the middle with the earths on the spine?

I got the shelves on Amazon, but I just looked them up in my purchase history and they no longer sell them.

The books are Eaglemoss volumes of DC event books. Super good quality, but I hate they have all the issues back to back as chapter breaks from page 1 of each issue and put all the covers at the end. Made reading One Million a bit jarring, but it IS very immersive.
>>
Is Waid's World's Finest worth buying? I'm looking for something to fill my itch for a wholesome superman story.
>>
>>143285476
I've been buying it as single issues monthly. It is my favorite Superhero comic being published currently, it's a joy to read.
>>
>>143285476
>>143285590
Same as this anon. Been buying it monthly since it came out. It's great. Nice story that feels classic and true to the characters.
>>
>>143285423
>?
i meant that in a good way :)
>>
>>143285476
It's not even worth reading.
>>
File: 1588730547003.png (1.34 MB, 1512x1744)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
You get bingo?
>>
Why the hell is Marvel so crap at reprinting Amazing Spider-Man omnis?
>>
>>143286453
This needs to be updated. Also I don't remember seeing a Funko in these threads.
>>
>>143283971
I understand people wanting existing art, particularly if the DC book department doesn't have to pay an artist for new art, AND while I liked the designs on that GA line, I do prefer the art to cover more space than they did on the original GA and SA lines when they started - what, a decade ago?

I am glad I purchased the Supes GA and Barry SA when they were on sale and get-able. And I don't regret not getting anything else.

I do wish the Legion Silver Age Vol 1 and 2 has better cover art, though.
>>
>>143286453
>Kayfabe sub
RIP
>>
File: 1713662584226711m.jpg (2.49 MB, 3552x4096)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>143286453
How did I do?
>>
>>143285900
but you can look at the pretty pictures
>>
>>143287310
What comics that you have do you not like?
>>
>>143287808
Silver Age Hulk omnibus, Strange Girl, Detective Comics run while Tamaki was on it
>>
>>143280828
>Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
>https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597
This hasn't been updated for a year.
>>
File: Comic Shelf March 2024.jpg (534 KB, 2693x1797)
534 KB
534 KB JPG
Hey shelf. Good to see you guys.
1/2
>>
>>143282966
use cheapcomics.com for comics that are already out (because they don't really do preorders)
https://www.pascals-comickiste.com/
for omnibus/absolute preorders and
https://waltscomicshop.com/ for everything else
>>
File: top right shelf.jpg (713 KB, 2106x1024)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>143289842
2/2
>>
File: IMG_9420.jpg (2.98 MB, 2734x5383)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
I really gotta get rid of some stuff. The various little trinkets on the csm shelf are from my girlfriend because she works at a cheap sale store. 1/2
>>
File: IMG_9419.jpg (3.17 MB, 5304x3470)
3.17 MB
3.17 MB JPG
>>143289862
Stuff like R&M comics and Squirrel Girl are gifts from relatives.
>>
>>143289884
>Pink Lemonade HC
I'm jealous.
>>
Hey /shelf/ is Zot! by Scott McCloud worth picking up and reading?
>>
File: IMG_9422.jpg (932 KB, 2630x1673)
932 KB
932 KB JPG
>>143289900
Autographed too! Are they hard to come by now? I was at a convention and got it.

Forgot to post that my art book shelf has some comic stuff too.

>>143282497
Based Dorkin, I still need to get milk and cheese. That and Morrisons X-Men are on my very soon list. Besides the volume of X-Statix I have, I’ve never read any X-Men proper.
>>
>>143289913
Yes
>>
>>143286758
>I do wish the Legion Silver Age Vol 1 and 2 has better cover art, though.
yeah those covers are a bit weird. I wish they'd gotten Darwyn Cooke to draw them, like he did for the Adam Strange SA Omni
>>
>>143289969
>I was at a convention and got it.
I'm not sure if it was a con only HC, but I'm just jealous of it cuz it looks nice.
>>
Do they still make Marvel Masterworks in paperback?
>>
>>143289969
Damn, that Tech Noir book is huuuuuge, I hate you because I want it now and it's not even that expensive.
>>
>>143290268
NTA but it's a pretty damn good book. There's some pages of home-made Conan comics Cameron drew as a kid, he could've easily become a professional comic book creator with how good an artist he is
>>
>>143289884
I notice the fletcher hanks book completely upped in price since I last checked it.
>>
>>143290452
it's out of print I believe, that's why.
>>
>>143284407
never mind then, I only have old shit
>>
>>143290183
Sort of. They are now on their like fourth/fifth try to do softcover Masterworks, this time in digest format with new artwork (which is sadly woke with it featuring blackface Scarlet Witch).

Who knows how long it will last but IIRC several books are currently on their third volume right now.
>>
>>143276562

how am i supposed to remember all the comics I've read though
>>
File: IMG_20240421_095551.jpg (342 KB, 888x1024)
342 KB
342 KB JPG
>>143286453
I don't actually know how bingo works.
Do you need a row like in tic tac toe to get the bingo?
>>
I'm still kind of surprised that Marvel never broke into the Absolute market and that they let DC keep their unique selling point. I mean yeah, they have a couple of big editions but they are so big that people think trice before buying them
>>
>>143291286
>this time in digest format with new artwork (which is sadly woke with it featuring blackface Scarlet Witch).
You lost me at digest. I hate that tiny print form. Really I just want the same thing as the regular MW but cheaper. But yeah that all sucks.
>>
>>143291658
digest format works really well for books and the like (most classic pulp magazines were in digest format for example), but it's really fucking bad for comics if they aren't specifically tailored to the size
>>
>>143291286

>(which is sadly woke with it featuring blackface Scarlet Witch).

Unless I missed something this is just covers. They’re also way cheaper
>>
>>143289969
I see we're posting our Taschen shelves now as well?
>>
>>143292166
Kubrick's Napoleon?
>>
>>143292166
I need to read little nemo one of these days
>>
>>143292166
Those are big books
>>
>>143292270
for you
>>
>>143292279
If I pull that plastic wrapping off, would you die?
>>
>>143292182
Yes. Kubrick never got to make it but the pre-production process went quite far which is catalogued meticulously in this book. It was very cheap during the Taschen sale, so I bought two and gave one to my brother. However, it's a very technical read which explains why they're having trouble selling their stock. For a more casual read I would recommend their 2001 Space Odyssey book instead - it's more pricey, but the monolith format gimmick is quite fun.
>>
>>143292286
I got the 2001 book, but it got damaged by DHL during transport and TASCHEN refused to replace it since it was a sale.
Aside from it being a good read I would still not recommend to buy it because it's in that weird format. I have problems placing it anywhere.
>>
>>143292309
>I have problems placing it anywhere.
I suggest either the moon or your local zoo's monkey enclosure
>>
>>143292314
Dun-dun-dun-dun-duuu-du-duu
>>
>>143292270
I like big books and I cannot lie
You other anons can't deny
That when you pull a tome that has a massive spine
And pages with a glossy shine
Your wrist
gets strung!
>>
>>143292309
>>143292286
This reminds me of the bad placement Kirby's 2001 book got in the most wanted Marvel omnibus list...
>>
>>143289862
>entire shrine dedicated to Fujimoto
many such cases...
>>
>>143289842
>>143289862
Manage your TILT you savages!
>>
>>143292356
That reminds me, I'm gonna post the full Most Wanted Marvel Omnis list, in case anyone ITT missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/live/RgUKGaDWxqI?feature=shared

>1 Daredevil by Ann Nocenti (1986-1991)
>2 Spectacular Spider-Man by J. M. DeMatteis
>3 Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 6
>4 Moon Knight (2011 - 2018) (AKA, Bendis, Ellis, Wood, Bunn, Lemire, & Bemis)
>5 X-Men: The Messiah Trilogy (Complex, War, Second Coming)
>6 X-Men: Age of Krakoa - Dawn of X, Vol. 1 (Anthology)
>7 Civil War
>8 Akira (Colored Marvel Epic Line)
>9 X-Force by Kyle & Yost (2008 - 2010)
>10 Punisher by Greg Rucka
>11 Alpha Flight Vol. 2 (AKA by Bill Mantlo) (1985 - 1988)
>12 Avengers: New Avengers by Brian Bendis Vol. 2
>13 X:Men: X-Cutioners Song Omnibus (includes Bishops' Crossing et al)
>14 X-Men: X-Men (1991) by Mike Carey Vol 1 (starts at #188-204, Secret Invasion, & Legacy)
>15 Amazing Spider-Man Big Time
>16 Doctor Strange Vol. 3 (1972 - 1977)
>17 Spider-Girl, Vol. 1
>18 Venom: Agent Venom (AKA by Remender & Bunn)
>19 GI Joe (The Original Marvel Years)
>20 Iron Man: Invincible Iron Man by Matt Fraction
>21 Generation X Vol. 1
>22 Indiana Jones: The Original Marvel Years
>23 Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 2
>24 X-Men: X-Men - Onslaught Aftermath (AKA Trial of Gambit)
>25 Spider-Man by David Michiliene, Mark Bagley Vol. 2
>26 Exiles Vol. 1
>27 Amazing Spider-Man Identity Crisis (Post Clone Saga)
>28 X-Men: X-Men - Inferno Aftermath
>29 Marvel Team-Up Vol. 1
>30 Hulk by Bruce Jones
>>
>>143292356
>>143292410
>31 Spider-Man Black Costume Saga Aftermath
>32 Spider-Man Brand New Day Vol. 2
>33 Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
>34 Transformers (The Original Marvel Years)
>35 2001 A Space Odyssey
>36 X-Men: Age of Krakoa - by Kieron Gillen (Immortal X-Men et al)
>37 X-Men: X-Men Legacy by Mike Carey, Vol. 1
>38 Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 5
>39 Ultimate Fantastic Four Vol. 1
>40 Silver Surfer by Steve Englehart (AKA Vol. 2)
>41 Alien vs. Predator: The Original Years, Vol. 1
>42 Avengers Vol. 6 (MMW 16-18)
>43 Avengers Vol. 8 AKA by Roger Stern, Vol. 1
>44 Amazing Spider-Man Gauntlet
>45 Punisher War Journal
>46 Web of Spider-Man
>47 Daredevil by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus (1983-1986)
>48 The 'Nam Vol. 1 (1986 - 1990)
>49 Wolverine: Old Man Logan by Millar, Bendis, & Lemire
>50 X-Men: Age of Krakoa by Al Ewing (SWORD, X-Men Red, et al)
>51 New X-Men: Academy X by Kyle & Yost
>52 Fantastic Four Vol. 6
>53 Scarlet Spider (Chris Yost)
>54 Black Widow Modern Omnibus, Vol. 1 (1999 & onward)
>55 Marvel 2099: Doom 2099
>56 Avengers: Dark Avengers Omnibus
>57 Hawkeye: Kate Bishop (2005 - 2018) (includes all of Lemire & Thompson, plus West Coast)
>58 Daredevil Vol. 4
>59 Thunderbolts by Ellis & Gage (AKA Vol. 4)
>60 Ghost Rider: Johnny Blaze Vol. 1
>>
>>143292410
>none of my votes made the top 10
Are my tastes really that different from the general population?
>>
>>143292421
Tell us which one anon, don't be shy.
It's not like we're gonna lynch you if you voted for one of those X-Shit titles or, god forbid, Civil War
>>
File: 1634265300794.jpg (247 KB, 1025x1521)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>143292426
I said none. As in, 0 of the books I voted made it in the top 10. The highest was number 11, Bill Mantlo's Alpha Flight. My other votes included the Nam 1 and 2, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Doom 2099 (fuck you it's good) and Roger Stern Avengers 1 and 2
There's three I'm forgetting now.
>>
>>143292454
Whoops, I'm retarded. I thought you wrote ONE
>the Nam
>2001
>Stern's Avengers
Okay, those are based picks. I'm letting you off the hook you were never really on.
>>
>>143292461
I'm shocked at how low these books are. Legitimately shocked. Who wants Civil War? Who wants modern X-Men? I can understand people wanting Nocenti's DD, though I own it all in the epics already so I don't need it, but goddamn some of these high placed books are weird as fuck.
I'd be pleasantly surprised if they did Akira though
>>
>>143292470
>Who wants Civil War? Who wants modern X-Men?
I think it's just got to be either whales, completionists, and/or redditors.
I can see why people might want Krakoa X-Men collected in omnibus form, even if I think that's just a sign of shit taste, but the ONLY reason I can think of as to why anyone wants or feels they need Civil War and all its tie-ins collected is completionism.
>>
>>143280773
Giantkiller to me is Brereton’s masterpiece.
>>
>>143292214
You already got a copy?
If not, there's a good chance they'll offer it again for 40 bucks at the next Taschen sale in fall.
>>
>>143292731
miss me with that sale, I'd just drop it on more TASCHEN books and I am already out of shelfspace
>>
>>143292410
>>143292415
so much actual trash in there, unreal
>>
>>143276233
Welp, finally time to pack up and move. These shelves have been good to me, but I’ll be building some better ones in a few months. Feels bittersweet.
Using some stackable sams club boxes for transport, a box of 10 and I only cleared the top shelf. Gonna be a long process.
>>
>>143293161
godspeed, shelf-that-was-so-sturdy-that-some-of-the-people-who-built-it-literally-laid-down-in-them-to-show-you-how-sturdy-it-is
>>
>>143293290
>>
>>143293097
Sure. Their catalogue doesn't change much so I'm also pretty happy with the things I got. Maybe the XXL Fantasy Art and Bruegel books to round things out, but I'm not in a hurry to get them.
>>
>>143294105
Was eyeing the exact same books. Get out of my head, Charles!
>>
File: PXL_20240421_155244030.jpg (1.11 MB, 2268x4032)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
somehow forgot that I got these 2 weeks ago
>>
File: PXL_20240421_155511306.jpg (550 KB, 4032x2268)
550 KB
550 KB JPG
>>143294237
>>
What books have art that really shines in oversized/Absolute form? I was thinking of picking up a book to celebrate my graduation, and was having a hard time deciding between Absolute Superman: For All Seasons and splurging on Metabarons: Definitive Edition.
>>
>>143294309
Between those two books, Metabarons has the more impressive art by far.
>>
File: lshtpb1.jpg (41 KB, 284x445)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>143286758
>>143290116
the tpb had shaner on cover art, but it seems this line has been discontinued
>>
>>143294250
>>143294237
I ordered one of these in the mail, I had seen the ones with the 'rust' effect at a thrift store and didn't buy them at the time because I thought $14.99 a piece was too much for something second hand, but an EB reseller was selling a mint condition version on an auction starting at $0.99, which no one else bid on, so I won it, but he shipped it in just a plain brown envelope, with just one thin piece of cardboard all the way from Alaska to California USPS and it arrived bent.

He was nice enough to refund the whole thing but I have no idea how to flatten this without damaging it. He also wanted me to do the insurance request.
>>
>>143294309
dont need oversized for the superman
>>
>>143294309
I feel like Mignola's art really benefits from a large canvas because he works so much with contrast, so my rec would be the Hellboy Libraries.
If you're looking for a single book, I personally like the Ross Marvels Platinum which is fucking huge. As you can see here I actually have a sealed spare >>143292166 If you're interested I can give you a link to my ebay, was thinking 50 bucks, but I only do EU shipping.
>>
File: 1701852316998376.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>143276233
>want to sell collection
>put a bunch of stuff on ebay
>sell like 5 things, have 200+ floppies i want to get rid of
this is more of a hassle than i was hoping and thats just the floppies i have a bookshelf full of tpbs and hardcivers i hope they are easier to sell
>>
>>143294673
Floppies are impossible to get rid of, even softcovers move very slow. Only Omnibuses and Absolutes are easy to sell.
>>
File: 1685387316339162.webm (3 MB, 1600x1600)
3 MB
3 MB WEBM
>>143294740
>Floppies are impossible to get rid of
i know.
>mfw i have 3 longboxes of floppies ill probably never sell
>>
>>143294759
What I do is I just add floppies as bonus into negotiation like 'let's agree on 70 bucks for this Absolute and I' ll throw in 3 surprise comics'.
>>
File: devilman recent purchase.jpg (182 KB, 2435x1797)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
>>143289853
I just realized I forgot to post my recent purchases
>>
>>143294673
what you got?
>>
>>143294891
Excellent
>>
what's the best /ic/ book?
>>
>>143294891
Those are OOP now, yes?
>>
>>143294250
What's the middle?
>>
File: cynaide.jpg (98 KB, 504x470)
98 KB
98 KB JPG
>>143294610
>Do Not Bend!
>>
>>143294673
>>143294740
Yeah unless you sell shit on ebay/own a comic store it's just a huge hassle to sell a lot of stuff.
I think that's why a lot of people just sell their collection to a comic store even if you won't get as much money.
Honestly with floppies, unless it's a key issue or variant you're kind of SOL.
>>
>>143295708
A guy searching the web to find OOP TP's
>>
File: 1692501796060435.jpg (756 KB, 1920x1920)
756 KB
756 KB JPG
Chester Brown minicomics.
>>
>pay 10 dollars for shipping a single floppy
>expect at least a gemini mailer
>comes in a non bubble mailer (I didnt even know you could get one without bubbles) taped between like six comic boards
Haha time for bad feedback you cunt.
>>
>>143295678
Yeah, but Robert's Anime Corner Store had them in stock so I ordered them through there. Had probably the most archaic website I have seen in a while.
>>
>>143286453
based
>>
File: main shelf.jpg (2.5 MB, 3024x4032)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
my lightning sucks
>>
>>143296021
Well how's your thunder, then?
>>
>>143286453
I have everything except 2000 AD section, Mignolaverse, flipped a book, Whale: Ahab'd, and Kayfabe sub.
Maybe not the Overspent either. Does like 10 dollars over cover price count?
>>
>>143276233
VERY envious of those Peanuts books.
I wanted them really bad when they came out, but I just didn't have the money... They look nice.
>>
File: Schtuffs.jpg (1.07 MB, 1334x1200)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
Recent schtuffs. I can't say enough good things about Bea Wolf! it is amazing. I wanna do a storytime when I can find a free afternoon.
>>
>>143295708
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bookworm_(Spitzweg)
it's just a poster though, while the others are displates, but Spitzweg's paintings are incredible
>>
>>143296051
very very frightning
>>
>>143296075
>Maybe not the Overspent either. Does like 10 dollars over cover price count?
IMO no. For this scenario I imaging something like spending double the cover price or more, like 200 bucks for an OOP omni.
>>
>>143296021
>8000$ collection
>80$ ikea shelves
This should go on the bingo board imo
>>
>>143296441
>spend 20 grand on a comics collection
>use shelves you got for free when a neighbor moved and dumped them
This is the sigma grind
>>
>>143296441
Yeah he could have saved fifty bucks and gotten Wal-Mart shelves and bought that many more bucks.
>>
>>143296441
They do the job
>>
File: 1698603919304103.jpg (2.05 MB, 2688x1512)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB JPG
Some comic strip collections and a few others on the shelf of a triangular shelf designed for corners that I picked up from the curb of someone's house near my apartment.

The TARZAN strips have great Frazetta-influenced art by Tom Grindberg and John Buscema-influenced art by Benito Gallego and I recommend the collection if that appeals to you.
>>
>>143296222
They're very beautiful books but I don't enjoy reading them very much to be honest. I have never laughed even once at any of the jokes. I also own the huge Calvin and Hobbes thing, which is just as dry and boring. I have appreciation for the value of these works in their historic context, but the harsh reality is that even just mediocre webcomics have brought me much more joy.
>>
>>143296584
neato
>>
>>143296243
Never heard of Bea Wolf but it looks great
>>
>>143296604
That's a shame. No judgement, though; everyone's sense of humor and frame of reference is different.

Personally, I loved Peanuts, and I find the rawness and surprisingly cynical nature of some of the early strips rather entertaining in its own way.
>>
What are you anons favorite artbooks? I know Frank Cho's oversized books and the Taschen Frank Frazetta hardcover are thrown around, but I was wondering if there are any others, especially from more cartoony/less realistic artists, that you recommend.
>>
>>143295824
Do you have more weird stuff to share? Crumb and Winschluss are probably the most 'out there' things in my collection, it could use a little more spice.
>>
>>143296604
I've always felt this way about newspaper strips. They just do nothing for me, and I have no idea why I am expected to like them
>>
>>143296677
huh. I'll give them another chance, maybe I just went in with wrong epectations. It's not like I don't enjoy old works or comic strips for that matter.

>>143296700
Seconding this question. I have a bunch of manga artbooks but comic artbooks don't appear much on my radar.
>>
>>143296700
Raw, Weirdo and Beyond
>>
>>143293161
Whenever I see shelves like this I always wonderr if you still read those and if you actually enjoy all your books.
>>143279222
I'm this guy and even I own 2 books I actively dislike
>>
>>143296248
Cool thanka
>>
>>143296441
>This should go on the bingo board imo
What should it replace?
>>
>>143296656
It's a beautifully insane book. Imagine a sort of cross between Wagnerian opera and the Codename: Kids Next Door cartoon.
>>
>>143296458
>>143296584
How fitting
>>
>>143296248
Where'd you order the poster from?
>>
>>143296700
>>143296812
The Avatar books are pretty nice, there is 1 for The Last Airbender, 4 for each of the Korra seasons. their production value is pretty great but if you can't stand Korra then ignore those and only get the Airbender one. I have the 2 Dejah Thoris ones (there's booba), the one by Bruce Timm called The Big Tease (he really likes bushes). There is also a slipcased Venture Bros. Art-/Making-of-book called "Go Team Venture" which is pretty amazing.
Not directly comics/cartoon related but there are several Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movies centered artbooks by Alan Lee and John Howe which I can recommend.
And yeah, you can't really go wrong with Frazetta books but I strongly urge you to get the biggest ones since the tiny ones are, well, tiny.
I have a couple more but they are manga-centered and that's not what you asked for.

There's also shitloads of Disney animation stuff from all of their classic movies and those are usually very high production value, if you're into that.
I just bought that "The Illusion of Life" one and leafing through it is fucking amazing

I wouldn't recommend that DC Comics Art by Darwyn Cooke book since it's just his comics all put together without anything extra aside from covers, no pencils, nothing.
If you're looking for the real shit look at all those artist's editions floating around.

>>143297069
some marketplace seller on amazon. Spitzweg died in 1885 so all his stuff is free, I paid like €12 for that poster. they usually come in one of those poster cylinders.
>>
>>143297069
>>143297445
I just looked it up, make that 22€. the exact one I got is not available any more but you can get others at the same price, some of them as canvas paintings.
>>
>>143292410
>>6 X-Men: Age of Krakoa - Dawn of X, Vol. 1 (Anthology)
Fuck you reddit. Just fuck you.

>>143292421
The poll itself was completely retarded. That shill Omar basically overloads the poll with a bunch of crap and reddit basically just exists to suck X dick.
>>
File: Absolutely_Disgusting.jpg (32 KB, 300x225)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>143296021
>Slott ASM and Silver Surfer
>New X-Men
>>
>>143297702
slott silver surfer is more for the allred art
and new x-men is great, fuck you
>>
>>143292454
>Roger Stern Avengers 1 and 2
I voted for these and trying to get more post main number Fantastic Four stuff like the Simonson era.
>>
>>143296243
Looks like a good haul
>>
>>143297725
>Grant Morrison completely missing the mark on the characters
>great
Nah
>>
>>143276233
My shelf has looked the same since December
>>
>>143298108
Nothing wrong with not being a consumer whore. Sometimes there's just not stuff you want. Don't buy for the sake of buying.
>>
>>143298093
>muh canon
listen to yourself
>>
>>143298205
Not even canon. Morrison has such a dumb centrist belief. The "racism is over and we just have to wait for the old people to die" belief. Compared to Claremont's "a better world is possible and we have to work towards it." Morrison would be Hillary supporter and Claremont would be a Bernie supporter. One clearly had a better worldview than the other.
>>
>>143298269
reddit pls
>>
>>143298269
I like claremont and morrison both. it's called appreciating good comics. now what?
>>
>>143298269
Go back to Xitter
>>
>>143298205
Morrison is the patient zero to the major problems facing the book today
>>
>>143298269
>Morrison would be Hillary supporter and Claremont would be a Bernie supporter
damn, both are fucking retards.
>>
>>143298313
>it's called appreciating good comics
Not if you're reading anything Morrison writes!
>>
>>143296243
Gotham academy is good, we loved back then.
>>
>>143298319
can you hear my eyes rolling?
>>
>>143298027
Yeah, I find myself buying more kids and YA stuff lately; fantasy, romance, slice-of-life. I'm an ooooooldfag, and I've gotten just a little burnt out on super-heroes and action-adventure. Some lighter, fresher stuff in my reading diet never hurts.
>>
>>143298458
No, but I can hear your brain rattling around.
>>
>>143298563
how old?
>>
File: file.png (211 KB, 640x482)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>143298591
>>
>>143295732
Technically, somewhere in Alaska, it probably went on a common carrier to travel, possibly even on a boat or a plane and not ground since Canada is in-between, and it wasn't actually 'bent' but probably shoved between two heavier things that pushed it together and caused more 'waves' than bends.

The TIN poster piece being shrink-wrapped actually probably didn't help that. Again, he refunded everything - postage, taxes, my auction amount so I tried putting it under a corner of my shelf, in between some fluffy towels since the tin is stamped and I don't want the damn thing to flatten completely, I just want to be able to put it up without that 'wave.'

But no luck.
>>
>>143298739
at least you got a refund. maybe you an find a use for it
>>
>>143298269
>Claremont would be a Bernie supporter.
Claremont is a libertarian. His literary and political hero is Robert Heinlein.
>>
>>143298751
That's what I am trying to figure out. I'm still unpacking and sorting stuff. I just moved a long book shelf into the closet because it actually fits well into that space.

I have an area >>143296584 where this anon's idea of triangular wooden shelves (of which I do have one) would work really well and save me space to boot. I just need to get organized (and get off the damn computer).
>>
>>143298739
so now you decided to melt it down instead?
>>
>>143298774
So Paul Rand then. If we're going to sperg politics in one of the few last /co spaces that were /polt/ard free
>>
File: Mon-El 48.jpg (2.46 MB, 1921x1881)
2.46 MB
2.46 MB JPG
>>143298790
my table is full of bubble wrap and packing paper and crap. my counters are full of crap.

stove is literally one area that's usually bare so where I often photograph stuff - like the obvious glue on this Mon-El second hand EB auction lot win that was sold and described as "mint condition" and from the "original owner" - which turned out to be a lie.
>>
File: 20240421_180954.jpg (3.62 MB, 3609x2785)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB JPG
>>143280869
>Witchblade HC x3
>Why tho?

Because it's cool and I have fun with schlock
>>
>>143298374
Morrison is better than Claremont.
>>
>>143298922
reading Morrison's wikipedia article gave me cancer
>>
>>143298922
No
>>
>>143296243
>>143298563
Damn, that's fucked.
>>
>>143298629
Recently turned 60, been a comic geek since I was around 7 or 8. Cut my teeth on Jack Kirby's Fourth World books and Spider-Man by Stan Lee and Gil Kane.
>>
>>143298939
You should read his comics. They're a lot better than Claremont's and than that article.
>>143298946
Yes.
>>
>>143298987
>Recently turned 60,
Damn. Here I though I was an old fag at 43
>>
>>143298987
Myself, I'm 42, Thought I was the oldest one around here, guess I was wrong.
>>
>>143299004
I have read and own a lof of his works and like it. I am just saying his wikipedia article gave me cancer because someone entirely rewrote his pronouns to they/them
>>
>>143298987
>>143299006
>>143299011
Ew, what the fuck, I'm sharing this /shelf/ thread with a bunch of old farts. You guys were probably reading comics before I was even born.
Disgustipating
>>
>>143299029
Yeah, I don't read anything written about Morrison these days. Or anything he wrote after The Multiversity.
>>
>>143296253
Galileo!
>>
>>143298987
You've got some severely shit taste, old man.
>>
File: iStock.jpg (156 KB, 1536x1024)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>143299086
NTA

>>143299040
>Disgustipating
NTAs
>>
>>143299040
Go back to your play pen, skippy.
>>
>>143299040
Comics are an old man's game boy. Especially buying a bunch of big books and having the space to display them.
>>
>>143299086
respect your elders
>>
>>143297683
It's amazing. Every comic related Reddit I've looked at has shit taste. They really love Bendis.
>>
>>143299720
i like old bendis. like, I consider his daredevil to be excellent
>>
>>143283641
>Ice Cream Man
Uh, based?
>>
>>143281774
How is OG Daredevil? I've never read it and don't know what to expect. Also, you gonna collect more Dragon Ball, anon?
>>
>>143299900
You have shit taste.
>>
File: tip pizza.jpg (54 KB, 640x802)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
>>143300080
>>
>>143277105
I wish more Dylan Dog as in English
>>
What's been your rarest acquisition lately? I don't think this is super rare yet but I noticed it's getting harder to find. I guess it's getting pulled because of the errors and the controversies surrounding both Ellis and one of the other artists or writers involved I can't remember which one. I've been trying to fill out my Moon Knight collection more lately so this was nice to get
>>
>>143300823
Lately? Probably The Wizard's Tale HC
>>
File: 1645925429664.png (302 KB, 1084x708)
302 KB
302 KB PNG
>>143280828
thanks anon
>>
File: file.png (414 KB, 800x450)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>143301252
>>
File: 20240421_182644.jpg (3.19 MB, 2169x4032)
3.19 MB
3.19 MB JPG
My collection is badly in need of a reorganization but I have a few pics I guess...

1 of 5
>>
File: 20240421_221545.jpg (2.34 MB, 2002x4032)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
>>143301381
2 of 5
>>
File: 20240421_221645.jpg (1.42 MB, 1624x4032)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB JPG
>>143301391
3 of 5

Masterworks corner
>>
File: 20240421_221614.jpg (2.63 MB, 2744x4032)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>143301405
4 of 5

Trying to make use of a weird corner space...
>>
>>143298922
True. Claremont sucks ass.
>>
File: 20240421_222032.jpg (2.1 MB, 1982x4032)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB JPG
>>143301420
5 of 5

Dynamite, Dark Horse, etc.
>>
>>143296441
Durability is more important than appearance.
>>
>>143280828
>http://www.speedyhen.com (UK)
i would once again like to apologise for shilling this website years ago when it had incredibly low prices, and not doing enough to discourage people from recommending it when they stopped being good
>>
>>143301381
No Brubaker Captain America, anon? I see you have the Lee and then the Solo Kirby run, so just curious. Also, what Spectacular Spider-Man omnibus is that? The glare kind of makes it hard to make out.
>>
>>143290052
What should I expect? I remember skimming through it as a teenager in 2010 and Barnes and Noble and thinking it was cool, but I don't remember much. Just the name.
>>
>>143289884
>Stuff like R&M comics and Squirrel Girl are gifts from relatives.
You don't have to lie, anon. We won't judge you.
>>
File: 1664717423663749.png (305 KB, 565x434)
305 KB
305 KB PNG
>>143301432
>>143301420
>>143301405
>>143301391
>>143301381
impressive anon you have quite the collection, how long have you been buying/collecting?
>>
>>143300823
Honestly probably the Over The Garden Wall artbook.
>>
File: 20240421_225514.jpg (3.05 MB, 3797x3024)
3.05 MB
3.05 MB JPG
>>143301587
Brubaker only in the old trades, haven't upgraded to omnibus. A lot of trades are stored in a closet... not something to take pictures of really.

It's Spectacular Spider-Man volume 1. Sorry about the glare, and the random books blocking other titles. Happy to take any pictures.

>>143301627
Read my first comic in '88 or thereabouts, my Dad read a few to me earlier than that or so I'm told. Stopped collecting floppies when I went to college, then lived overseas for a while. Started collecting tpbs in 2011, then upgraded to hardcovers/omnis back in 2018, I want to say.
>>
>>143301821
Everyone goes on about Brubaker Cap but I don't like it myself.
>>
>>143301381
billychads rise up
>>
>>143301821
Man, the new spine art that Marvel does for their omnis is fucking terrible compared to their old one
>>
>>143301909
I don't really mind it generally but when you have volumes from different print runs boy does it trigger the OCD.
>>
File: 20240421_230803.jpg (2.94 MB, 3855x3024)
2.94 MB
2.94 MB JPG
>>143301837
Same, just doesn't do it for me. When it comes to Cap I just like good old adventure. Was much more interested in the recent Cap Masterworks
>>
File: 20210920_222855.jpg (2.42 MB, 4032x1960)
2.42 MB
2.42 MB JPG
>>143301984
>from different print runs boy does it trigger the OCD.
Yeah, it does it for me!
>>
File: cap bernie.jpg (163 KB, 540x549)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>143302008
Yeah, I really do like the more traditional super hero stuff. I was reading some of the Stern issues and he, for lack of a better term, writes a very Spidey Cap. But I actually really like watching him interact with his neighbors and trying to make it as a freelance artists.
>>
File: 20240421_232618.jpg (2.98 MB, 4032x3024)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB JPG
>>143301909
>>143301984
>>143302035
I've given up on the spines, I'm pretty much okay with it... except this one. I'm seriously going to have to buy volume 3 again.
>>
>>143302089
I've seen some people on reddit with custom dust jackets meant to swap in but I don't think I'd much go in for it. Knowing it's fake would probably bug me more than the misalignment.
>>
>>143302078
>for lack of a better term, writes a very Spidey Cap
I like this term, but can you explain what it means more, please?
>>
>>143301909
>>143302035
>>143302089
i only have the silver surfer omnibus from way back when, would the spines be consistent if you were the kind of madman who takes off all the dust jackets?
>>
File: 20240421_233704.jpg (2.66 MB, 4032x3024)
2.66 MB
2.66 MB JPG
>>143302078
It's funny... Stern is my favorite Spider-Man writer, and Avengers, BUT I can't put him above Gruenwald on Cap.

...and maybe Englehart
>>
>>143276233
Can't post pics because i'm on PS4.
I recently got both Injustice omnibuses and the year zero hc and tpb volumes 2 3 and 4 of the pokemon comics (not the adventures manga).
I'm waiting until july to pre-order the marvel vs dc omnibuses and i want the dan ketch gr one, but i really don't wanna pay that fuckin' much for what is probably mostly issues i've got floppies of.
I feel like i'm forgetting something.
>>
File: 1676418727786942.jpg (444 KB, 1280x945)
444 KB
444 KB JPG
>>143302181
>Can't post pics because i'm on PS4
???
>>
File: 20240421_234230.jpg (2.49 MB, 4032x3024)
2.49 MB
2.49 MB JPG
>>143302162
No, not really. Most books are glossy black spines under the dust jacket... but some have art designs and I think a few are matte. That might just DC though.

The Micronauts Omnibus is irritating in a new way! They each have 4 covers and one of the Micronauts covers is a wraparound design that changes the back cover entirely. It doesn't even have the individual issue covers on the back. I didn't check ROM to see if they were the same... mostly because I didn't debate on that gorgeous cover
>>
>>143302213
PS4 has Internet explorer, my cellphone can't do shit, and my laptop hasn't had Internet since 2012 when it was infected with ransomware.
This is my only option.
>>
>>143302275
>and my laptop hasn't had Internet since 2012 when it was infected with ransomware.
I am so curious as to how this works.
>>
>>143302275
You've spent the past decade browsing the internet on your PS4 rather than just getting a new laptop?
>>
>>143302127
He writes Cap in a very down to earth human kind of way. Very Peter Parker-esque. If you see what I'm getting at. He has to manage both his social life and his work life with his Captain America life. I forget what issue it was but there's a page where he gets asked why not just stay in Avengers mansion and he explains that he needs to be Steve Rogers just as much as Captain America. I'm gonna have to look for it because I think it's a really good summation of why super heroes need secret identities not just to protect the people near them.

>>143302172
Well Gruenwald was on the book for a long time. He had more chances to really experiment and flex. I heard that Stern left the book for a lot of behind the scenes bullshit because he had stories set up for years and we could have been given a great tenure on the book to maybe rival Gruenwald.
>>
>>143302297
Idk, but it was attacked when my retarded ass had 3 tabs open, all on porn sites.
>>143302312
I got my PS4 in 2017 after returning the laptop my dad forced me to get because it didn't have so much as a media player.
I know myself, if i got another computer with Internet it'd be infected within a few days because i'm dumb and have nowhere to be at night.
>>
File: 20240422_000053.jpg (2.6 MB, 4032x2709)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>143302328
I'd believe it... Stern was screwed on ASM and Avengers. I'll never understand why Marvel hated the greatest writer they had at the time and did everything they could to undermine him. A few years later they put a thumb in Claremont's eye in favor of Jim Lee, so... maybe there was just something in the water at the Marvel office?
>>
File: cap 259.jpg (1.15 MB, 988x1500)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>143302328
>>143302127
Found the page. Cap 259. In any case I just really liked seeing Civilian Steve. I liked that they remember he's an artist. I like that he has non hero friends. It's just good.
>>
>>143302430
It's too long to paste here completely but there's a quote down near the bottom of the page that explains stuff
https://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/captain_america_255.shtml
>>
>>143302357
>it'd be infected within a few days because i'm dumb and have nowhere to be at night.
You may be dumb, but Windows Defender is a very good anti-virus, surprisingly
>>
>>143302430
Why do you leave them in the shrink wrap?
>>
>>143302275
What country do you live in anon?
>>
>>143302535
On top of not knowing shit about setting up security i had nobody to help with it, still don't.
I'll just accept my limits and spend most of my money on /co/ figures, got the entire void wave of marvel legends last week, can't get him to stand well and had to glue 1 pair of tendrils in.
>>
>>143302483
Good stuff, thanks man!

>>143302545
Originally I just didn't want to open them until I got around to reading them, so if a book was in the queue it stayed wrapped. Eventually the collection outpaced my reading time...
>>
>>143302570
America, born and raised in shithole PA.
My family is primarily trailer trash, so intelligence was never in the cards for me.
>>
>>143302587
>shit about setting up security
It's set up from the start.
>>
>>143302643
Not mine apparently, i had (still have without Internet) an acer laptop.
Either somebody turned something off or it doesn't have security.
>>
>>143302666
Windows Defender in 2012 is not what it is today. Trust me, anon. You get a new laptop with Windows 10 or 11, and you're good. If you REALLY want to, you can install malwarebytes and that setup is easy.
>>
>>143302603
It's a real shame it had to go down like it did because even if we got only a couple more years out of the Stern/Byrne combo (which is as much fun to say as it is to read) it would have been legendary.
>>
>>143302695
Eh, only tech i plan on buying before i off myself is a PS5, whatever nintendo makes next (unless it looks like shit which is always a possibility) and a bigger tv, maybe a new power cord for my 2nd model ps1 because i can't find the one i have.
>>
>>143299935
Yeah my next comic is probably going to be the second sundae edition
>>
File: 20211203_180800.jpg (3.31 MB, 4032x3024)
3.31 MB
3.31 MB JPG
>>143302709
What could have been... I'm still amazed he was invited to wrap up his Hobgoblin story some 10+ years after they flushed it down the toilet.

Also amazed we ever got Avengers/JLA crossover.
>>
File: hobgob.jpg (59 KB, 621x396)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>143302826
Yeah it wise that was finally played out. The way that got swept out from under him was just.... well comic politics. But if he could have done a long form story like Hobby for Cap. Maybe some new secret Nazi or something it could have gone down as another Secret Empire. (the first one with Nixon. not the shitty modern one).
>>
>>143301612
An amalgamation of western and eastern influences. Scott McCloud was like the only creator of his era who saw what was good about manga and was able to replicate it without doing the "look everyone has big eyes, therefore it's just like the Japanese" thing.
Basically it's a series about a retrofuturist superhero and an ordinary girl from our times who tries to have a relationship with him. It's beautiful.
>>
>>143302923
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/zot-scott-mccloud/1111739002
If I buy this, is this everything? I looked it up and it said the first 10 issues were in color, but are they included in this?
>>
>>143302969
No, the colored issues are not in that, but I've never read any of them anyway, I just went into this collection and had a good time.
>>
>>143276482
Awooga Awooga, that Metal Gear Solid art book looks Kino asf, it's like $400 bucks ona Amazon......... I might actually buy it one day fuck
>>
>>143302826
I could've bought the signed & numbered JLA/Avengers absolute for like $120 on ebay about 10 years ago but I didn't pull the trigger because one of the corners on the slipcover was slightly dented.
It still haunts me that I was such a fool.
>>
>>143303084
>10 years ago
>2014 was 10 years ago
Where does all the time go. Jesus.
>>
File: marchbooks.jpg (931 KB, 1512x1960)
931 KB
931 KB JPG
Goddamn I'm so bad at taking pictures of my books. This is March
>>
>>143303435
>actually buying modern comics.
>actually buying modern X comics.
>>
File: crazy brainy.jpg (279 KB, 1000x785)
279 KB
279 KB JPG
>>143303470

Hey at least I dropped ASM. I might get trades of JRJR tho

Once Krakoa ends though I'm dropping all my floppies except for books I'm a characterfag for. (Legion of Superheroes, Storm, Wally West, Vision) or specific creative teams. And I'm iffy on not just getting trades of those too.

Really need to look into binding.
>>
File: don't get me started.jpg (56 KB, 500x479)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>143293161
I regret all the DVDs I bought since I am only keeping the blurays (about 4-5) and the rest I've been slowly listing and barely sold 2 so far in about a year.

>>143299410
>old man's game
I mean, what barely legal adult has the money to blow $40-100 on a thick door stop. They barely have the arm strength at that age to hold that puppy up.

>>143301837
I liked parts of it. I don't think Brubaker does Steve himself any favors as a character. I do agree with this >>143302008
>good old adventure and >>143302078
but I prefer when they do modern versions of older art, as with the 60th anniversary special that featured pre-Brubaker kid Bucky.

>>143302615
Son, even rural PA has libraries where you can borrow tablets and chrome books just for browsing the interwebz, and spend a few evenings first browsing on a few boards where you can ask stupid questions about javascript browsers and adblock.

ALSO, there's no real reason to keep your porn. So stop downloading it.
>>
>>143302483

> Frank Miller was drawing a stand-alone Cap story that I was going to script. (It eventually saw print in Marvel Fanfare.)

Anyone know the Marvel Fanfare this is in and if it's any good?

>>143292410
>>143292415

This list makes me feel so out of step with Marvel fandom, I think the only books on it I'd want are

>Daredevil by Ann Nocenti (1986-1991)
>X-Men: The Messiah Trilogy (Complex, War, Second Coming)
>X-Men: Age of Krakoa - Dawn of X, Vol. 1 (Anthology)
>Akira (Colored Marvel Epic Line)
>X-Force by Kyle & Yost (2008 - 2010)
>X-Men: X-Men (1991) by Mike Carey Vol 1 (starts at #188-204, Secret Invasion, & Legacy)
>GI Joe (The Original Marvel Years)
>Generation X Vol. 1
>Exiles Vol. 1
>X-Men: X-Men - Inferno Aftermath
>2001 A Space Odyssey
>X-Men: Age of Krakoa - by Kieron Gillen (Immortal X-Men et al)
>X-Men: X-Men Legacy by Mike Carey, Vol. 1
>Avengers Vol. 6 (MMW 16-18)
>Avengers Vol. 8 AKA by Roger Stern, Vol. 1
>Daredevil by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus (1983-1986)
>The 'Nam Vol. 1 (1986 - 1990)
>X-Men: Age of Krakoa by Al Ewing (SWORD, X-Men Red, et al)
>New X-Men: Academy X by Kyle & Yost
>Hawkeye: Kate Bishop (2005 - 2018) (includes all of Lemire & Thompson, plus West Coast)

My 10 would be Akira, GI Joe, 2001, Carey X-Men, Outback X-Men, Avengers and Daredevil collections, Hawkeye, and I guess the Carey X-Men bc I've always meant to read it. Same with all the Kyle/Yost and Messiah stuff.
>>
File: fanfare 18.jpg (308 KB, 398x607)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
>>143303531
>Anyone know the Marvel Fanfare this is in and if it's any good?
>>
>>143292410
>>143292415
>>143303531
Seeing these lists is how I know I don't really like comics. I wouldn't even want most of these for free.
>>
>>143303843
There's a few in there I wouldn't say no too but the poll was honestly a mess. A lot of major series had split polls for multiple titles didn't even have their next release yet. Like we were meant to vote between Avengers 6 7 and 8 and creator focused series.
>>
File: RCO015_1468167378.jpg (478 KB, 942x1377)
478 KB
478 KB JPG
>>143303551

what the fuck this is amazing
>>
File: RCO016_w_1468167378.jpg (713 KB, 930x1492)
713 KB
713 KB JPG
>>
>>143303921
That last panel gets a chef's kiss from me
>>
>>143303921
>>143303930
That's a really good shield bounce
>>
>>143303920
>>143303921
Pretty meh until those great last two panels.
>>
>>143276482
What's the Vietnamese book? Any good?
>>
>>143301489
Price-wise, they're still the best in the UK save for Booksetc (but there's minimal difference between their prices)
I just wish we got more frequent and deeper sales like the Yanks do
>>
>>143303921
>>143303920
>>143303551
Sharing the issue
>>143304216
>>
Bump
>>
I'm thinking of buying some BOOKS. You guys can maybe tell me which of these I should prioritize.
>Matt Wagner's Grendel
>Matt Wagner's Mage
>Elfquest
>Usagi Yojimbo
>Nexus
>Stray Bullets
>Strangers in Paradise
>>
>>143304966
Usagi Yojimbo
Stray Bullets
Grendel
Strangers in Paradise
Elfquest
Mage
Nexus
>>
>>143305038
Nexus is mostly OOP anyway. Furry ronin and crime fiction it is!
>>
Question for (you) lot. I found the Inferno Omni for a reasonable enough price for an OOP book (if it cost 120 new, I found it for 150). The question is, if I'm already buying the Uncanny and X-Factor Omnis, is it worth buying the whole thing as well? I'm going back and forth on it. I skipped all the previous "event" Omnis like Fall Of The Mutants, Mutant Massacre and the such, because I prefer to have a more uniformal collection, and I honestly don't care for the tie-ins. Inferno I wanted to buy in event form, but dunno, I'll basically have the main stuff already spread out the other Vols. I did PO the X-Tinction Agenda Omni, but I got it for cheap and I enjoyed it more (pure 90s faux sci-fi hi-tech X-Schlock). Dunno, Inferno didn't sit right with me. It was too wacky and stupid. But I do feel the completionist in me wanting it just to have that big fat book as part of my X-Shelf.

Opinions?
>>
>>143305210
I haven't bothered with any of the event omnis, personally. I'm sure you'll end up double-dipping once the regular series omnis reach that material anyway
>>
>>143305225
That was my thinking as well. There are people who wanted just the Claremont run, so it's useful for them, but I figured that since I was in for the long haul, why bother with those Omnis? I guess they do have all the issues mapped and ordered, but if it's not a particularly good event, I can't bring myself to drop the cash. Still, I'm tempted.
>>
This was a nice thread, thank you anons.
Let's see if we can establish a 3 week interval as 2 weeks seems to be a little too frequent for now.
>>
>>143305263
I liked it when it was weekly
>>
>>143305489
It was full of bumps then though
>>
>>143305489
Everyone liked it when it was weekly, but as things stand weekly and bi-weekly threads can not sustain themselves, believe me I've tried. Monthly threads on the other hand seem to be too infrequent. The last 3 threads all had 3 week gaps inbetween and all made it to the top of the catalog. Another important thing seems to be consistency. More anons will regularly join if the threads pop up reliably. Eventually we can advance to a bi-weekly schedule or even back to weekly. Overall /co/ attendance and average discussion quality has suffered a lot over the last couple years, so it might be a tall order to go back to the glory days. But shelf threads can for sure play an anchor role in improving the board.
I had to give up on /hyw/ because it's fucked beyond repair, but /shelf/ just needs a little nurturing imo.
Going forward I'll check the catalog on a 3 week basis and bake if no one else does. Let's see how it goes.
>>
>>143305695
3 weeks seems fine to me, it increases the odds of me having something new to show
>>
>>143305263
>>143305695
So start the next one around May 10th?
>>
File: 20240422_095927.jpg (2.29 MB, 2921x2191)
2.29 MB
2.29 MB JPG
>>143303551
I have this issue framed and centered on my shelf >>143278241
>>
>trying to find a shelf on Amazon or Wal-Mart website
>everything under 100 dollars has tons of people shit talking it
>then the prices jumps up to 300+ dollars and they have no reviews
Fuck sake why can't cheap shelves be good. Thinking of saying fuck it and trying some 80+ dollar shelf IDK I wish a store near me sold bookshelves. I can't even find them at fucking Wal-mart.

>>143306001
Neat Heroclix. Always wanted to try it out but nobody around me plays it, even driving an hour and a half to the second largest city in my state and asking around at all the game/comic stores turned up nothing.
>>
>>143306092
Some people shit on BILLY shelves from IKEA but they are honestly the best bang for your buck.

They hold up reasonably well and even when they start to sag after a few years they still won't collapse like the cheap shit from Target and K-Mart.
>>
>>143306001
How is Remender Cap?
>>
>>143306408
Awful.
>>
>>143306001
Hey, I think this guy likes Captain America
>>
>>143306436
Why?
>>
>>143306138
Nearest Ikea is like 4 hours away minimum. Then 4 hours back. I don't think I have it in me.
>>
File: Shelf4.jpg (473 KB, 2000x1712)
473 KB
473 KB JPG
>>143277038
I borrowed The Illusion of Life from the state library here when I was 13 and it changed my life. I wanted to buy it so bad, but it was pre-internet and out of print and I had no idea how to get hold of a copy so I literally photocopied half the book on the A3 photocopiers in the library.

About 10 years later they reprinted it and I was on it in a flash.
>>
>>143307109
Such a dedicated fan, you have artbooks even for disney's shitty movies.
>>
>>143307109
>those Rinzler Making Of books
Fucking based
The colours on the spines look great, I never knew the other two books weren't also just plain grey
>>
>>143302035
they did this shit deliberately because they know there are autists like us that will replace one unread omni by another unread omni just to have the spines line up
>>
>>143307109
do you have any other recommendations of that type? not really interested in those "The Art of" books you have there since it's the newer movies which I don't really like. and how about those Rinzler making of Star Wars movie books, would you recommend them?
>>
File: Phantom.jpg (400 KB, 1255x1480)
400 KB
400 KB JPG
>>143296584
I have never seen anyone here have Hermes Press Phantoms before.
>>
>>143305695
>>143305489
fellas, we have been debating the frequency of these threads for quite literally over a decade. let us concede that /shelf/ appears when it is good and ready, at the hour of our need.
>>
>>143306138
Yeah idk why people shit on Billy's. I have been using the same ones for 10~ years and there has been so issue whatsoever. Not even sag. They're great products, the downside is they are very big for normal books, but that isn't a downside for us because they fit comics perfectly.
>>
>>143307500
>those Rinzler making of Star Wars movie books, would you recommend them?
If you are a fan of the original Star Wars movies, absolutely.

>do you have any other recommendations of that type?
There's pretty recent Phil Tippett art book, Mad Dreams and Monsters, that is amazing.
>>
>>143307134
From a design point of view, I liked Brave.
>>
>>143307861
How very wizardly of you
>>
File: 1710424776002040.jpg (24 KB, 480x360)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>143307805
How is it in the 60s? I added one of the 80s volumes to my pull file but either the shop never got it in or if they did they neglected to put it in my file and I never brought up the oversight. Adventure strips were on the decline by then but I was still curious to take a look. Maybe one day.

Incidentally, Dave Sim gives a positive review to a 1969 storyline reprinted in COMICS REVUE in this video: https://youtu.be/3lqfxXnjEP8
>>
>>143308019
I collected the Frew published floppies of the Phantom for years. In the Hermes Press books I was mainly interested in getting the Sy Barry years. He's an amazing artist. Lee Falk experimented with his minimalist weird dialog style for a hile during his run, which some people find annoying, but Sy Barry's art is why I wanted them. He and his brother are two of the best B&W artists of all time IMO.
>>
>>143289842
>>143289853
Quick, before the thread dies. I've been posting ny shelf for years. Tell me something you've always thought but never told me
>>
>>143308106
>Tell me something you've always thought but never told me
They should sell the chocolate you get on Digestives separate from the actual biscuit
>>
>>143308069
Maybe I'll pick up one of the 60s volumes if I see one anywhere.

I have the Kitchen Sink book that reprints the part of Dan Barry's run on the daily FLASH GORDON strip when Harvey Kurtzman was writing and laying it out. I liked his art so much (which looks like Will Elder's at points of that run) that I picked up most of the Dark Horse INDIANA JONES comics that he contributed both art and writing to (and which I believe are his last work before his death in 1997).
>>
>>143308106
I think nothing. I think nothing.
>>
File: Kallax.png (161 KB, 440x524)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>143307011
Sign up for the Ikea Family membership (it's free); currently, they offer free shipping with a $50 minimum order.

>>143306092
I ended up looking for a few months but found three Ikea Kallax units on Craigslist with the built-in inserts plus the dude threw in a free credenza and I paid less than $30 each per. They were dusty and needed cleaning, but if I repainted them, they would look as good as new. The bones were all in great shape.

>>143305263
>This was a nice thread
Yep
>>
>>143308106
I occasionally steal comics from chain bookstores and I need to be stopped.
>>
>>143308106
I don't like the amount of crappy Spider-Man trades you have in the upper right shelf. Brand New Day, Big Time, Ultimate, etc... all of it belongs in a landfill.
>>
>>143308919
>Brand New Day, Big Time
I was young and dumb. Please forgive my sins, anon. I should probably sell those soon though.
>>
>>143309141
i guess you could say they are sins past
>>
>>143309141
>>143309158
We'll give you one more day to get rid of them all
>>
>>143305210
Even with it's bullshit treatment of Maddie Pryor, Inferno is must read because it is the culmination of MULTIPLE storyline Claremont has been builiding since 1982 (final fate of Magik) and 1986 and Mutant Massacre (the final showdown between the X-Men and Marauders).

If you wait for the X-Men or X-Factor omnibus you'll get stuck with a heavily trunacated version of the story as they've stated that the X-Men and X-Factor omnibuses will only include crossover issues that are 100% relevant to each book, so you might as well buy it.

(Adding to this, the Inferno Omnibus is also the only way to read the full Inferno Spider-Man saga as the Epics, Michelinie/McFarlane, and sole Conway Spectacular trade all don't include the full crossover)
>>
>>143304966
Strangers In Paradise. Though I would recommend picking up the manga sized omnibus trades for Strangers In Paradise, even if it's missing a key issue due to licensing issues.
>>
>>143306504
It's basically all set up for Sam Cap
>>
File: cap haul.jpg (1.83 MB, 3188x1793)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB JPG
>>143306001
Very nice cap collection. I recently got the Jurgens book and Sentinel of Liberty. The rest of Cap I have collected in epics.
>>
>>143306001
You HAVE preordered the Gruenwald omnibus for when it comes out in June, RIGHT anons???
>>
>>143309544
not him but I sure did (I'm the fella just north of you.) Can't wait.
>>
>>143309643
I mean to reply to (You) too, but I forgot to click your post and then I got dubs so I wasn't gonna delete it
Can't wait either tbqhwy. I've got the Silver Age Cap Vol 1 on preorder for next month as well
>>
File: Captainamerica2.png (13 KB, 244x197)
13 KB
13 KB PNG
>>143309674
>>
File: giblethead.png (34 KB, 860x693)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
AMAZON TONGUES MY ANUS
>>
>>143309544
Fuck no.
>>
>>143309849
Fuck you
>>
>>143308106
You own a lot of crap. Crap comics and crap manga. I might have told you already.
>>
File: 1698873096637.png (113 KB, 848x716)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
never forget
>>
>>143309889
I should clog it up with junk I don't need?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.