[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: xperia5vlaunchheader.jpg (932 KB, 1571x1080)
932 KB
932 KB JPG
Xperia 5 V edition.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
https://www.gsmarena.com/search.php3
https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
https://phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
https://www.gsmarena.com
https://www.phonearena.com
https://www.notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checkers
https://www.frequencycheck.com
https://kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
https://willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
https://phonesized.com/
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
https://www.xda-developers.com/

>Debloat your stock ROM
https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater

>Open source Android applications
https://f-droid.org/

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
https://plexus.techlore.tech/

>Custom ROMs suggestions, privacy guides
https://gearjail.neocities.org/

>Recommended Chinese phones
https://pastebin.com/GMxbc1XB

>Try out Android on your iToy
https://trygalaxy.com

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Anyone aggressively promoting iPhone is an underage micropenis shill who should be ignored
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how many shekels you spent on a good/bad phone

Previous thread: >>100129552
>>
What will be the next big change in smartphone design/feature set?
>>
bros, I got Oreimo Tsuzuku to work on my phone
>>
File: ezgif-7-db57a75fff.webm (972 KB, 800x450)
972 KB
972 KB WEBM
>>100166378
Rollable phones.

>tfw going from 5.5" mini phone to 6.8" Ultra phone
Looking forward to it.
>>
so sick
>>
Fourth for Z Flip5, the BEST PHONE
>>
>>100166323
got an iphone 12 work phone and man i forgot how nice a small phone is to use.
>>
>>100151739
>>100151990
I bought. It was a scam. Gemini Nano doesn't run locally at all, it's all false advertisement by Google. Nothing I do can get Gemini to run without internet access, even on stock rom with all the the prerequisites installed. It was all bullshit smoke and mirrors to begin with -- a phone never had the ability to run an LLM.

Should contact the FTC and levy a false advertisement claim against Google.
>>
>>100166497
Based.
>>
>>100166552
I actually thought I broke mine, but it was because I was outside in the sun and below 5% battery, so the screen was dim so i couldnt see anything. Was a scary few seconds. I gotta clean out my charger port as it leads to detached headphones/charger, hence it wasn't charging when I was sleeping.
>>
>>100166446
>plastic screen gets scratched by finger nail
>sand that gets in
no thanks
>>
Should I buy a Note 20 Ultra in 2024? I currently have an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
>>
>>100166323
>Xperia 5 V
Does does Sony insist on giving their products the most retarded names they can think of
>>
>>100167323
Should still be good in current year.
>>
What launcher do you guys use/recommend?
>>
>>100167422
Nova launcher (7.0.34)
>>
>>100167387
Their naming actually makes the most sense as long as you remember that their order goes from 1 > 5 > 10. Mark designation is to label their generation.
Like that 5V was supposed to be 5 Mark V.
>>
>>100167387
most phone companies have dumb and confusing naming scheme, sony bigger number being the lower end model is also silly
>xiaomi/redmi (K)12(T) (note) pro/pro+/turbo/ultra
>samsung A/M/F 1x/3x/5x/7x, FE/+
>>
>>100167323
OS wise its an upgrade but might not feel as smooth as a 12PM. I would do it but it probably won't be all positives for you.
>>
Thread ended so I ask again:
So I need help. I had to change my hotmail’s password and now my iphone keeps pestering me about the Exchange Account’s password. Typing it right does fuckall and it keeps interrupting me with messages.
Does anyone know the answer? Turning mail off and on doesn’t work
>>
what the fuck happened to file managers and permissions on Android
>>
>>100166542
Okay, update on this. The situation isn't as bad as expected, it's just extremely bad and misleading marketing on Google's part. Turns out the Google Gemini app does not use Gemini Nano -- at all, not even the slightest bit. Gemini Nano is real, and ti does run fully locally, but currently the only interface for it is the Recorder app and its summarize function and the Gboard app and its recommended replies. So at the moment, there's absolute bupkis that uses this model.

But, Google has published a public API for using their AI Core technology to run LLMs including the Gemini Nano LLM for anybody to use, including 3rd party devs or even FOSS devs. The dream of having an offline fully local chatbot in my pocket isn't dead, it just isn't fully born yet either. I honestly might play around with the API a bit and see if I can't dummy up a basic interface to prompt the LLM myself, just as a proof of concept. I assume Google didn't do this because they'd rather people use the server hosted versions of Gemini, which are both going to be smarter and harvest data better.
>>
>>100168498
>what the fuck happened to file managers and permissions on Android
It Became iphonenified.
That is why sideloading and rooting (respectively) is the only correct path for an android enthusiast.
All the so called android leaders do is just sit back and wait for shatple to do something so they can copy them.
Android was always the is about freedoms and choice but they decided to lock down everything.
All under the guise of muh security.
Its all good though because if you are willing to put in the work you can regain your freedom.
>>
>>100167422
>Fully Featured
Neo launcher
>minimal
Unlauncher
>>
>>100168900
>>100168498
I was using picrel until a few months ago. Data/obb manipulation at the price of overwriting default file manager.
Just read the reviews and it has since followed Jewgle's shit guidelines. System folders are now empty. Fuck them.
>>
My Android 12 phone is sometimes too bright, even at the minimum brightness. Is there any way to make it darker?
>>
>>100168498
Use X-plore and Shizuku.
>>
Why appletards like that
https://youtube.com/shorts/In5UlcnTpok
>>
any good recommendations for a cheap rootable/ROMable/hackable/etc phone?
>>
X6 pro or not pro ?
The only real difference is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 7s Gen2 versus a MediaTek Dimensity 8300 Ultra for the X6 pro.
Is that worth a 60€ différence?
>>
File: 1713981440677691.jpg (29 KB, 502x623)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>100166323
Is the SD 778 still a competent chip in current year? Also, how big a deal is having 5G?
>>
Aurora store down for anyone else?
>>
>>100169839
Poco F5, F4, F3

unironically
>>
>>100169957
Yes. Newer 7 gen x chips are still terrible tbqh desu
>>
>>100169957
Buy whatever cheap phone you can find with Snapdragon 8Gen2 or 8Gen1+ (notice the plus sign, avoid the vanilla 8Gen1).
>>
File: FasUBY5WQAAlUfi-orig.jpg (214 KB, 1109x1478)
214 KB
214 KB JPG
Just got a OnePlus Open to replace my Xperia 1 III, how bad do you think I fucked up?
>>
>>100169957
Depends on where you live. I need it since LTE is useless on crowded areas. Can't you use a separate 5G wifi hotspot? Are you after that phone's camera? Cos the only ones with 5G are the Pura 70 and P40/Pro/Pro+ family.
>>
>>100166323
so my poco x3 nfc just died and i need a new phone. my friends and family tell me i should buy an iPhone and even though i fucking hate my iPad i am considering it.
i just want a phone that lasts me 5+ years without making a scene. i only need my phone for whatsapp, spotify, navigation and banking. and the fact that apple lets you delete all the distracting apps like yooutube etc. is what makes me consider the purchase of an iPhone 14 or 15. i know this board doesn't like apple but still, any opinions? my last couple of phones were all chinkshit and while cheap these things start being really fucking annoying after 2 years and all the ads on the pre-installed apps are a cancer
>>
>>100170706
>Cos the only ones with 5G are the Pura 70 and P40/Pro/Pro+ family.
I want a Huawei phone with a flat display and EMUI. The Pura 70 looks like it might be flat (or 2.5D) but I doubt it will get a global release.
>>
>>100170530
>inferior to Z fold in many ways
>aesthetically disgusting camera bump

You do you I guess but it's screens ratio are just right
>>
File: 1714035664707.png (130 KB, 762x1100)
130 KB
130 KB PNG
>no SD slot for some reason
For what fucking purpose???
>>
>>100166323
android mtp is still painfully slow in 2024. is there a faster way to copy files from my Android phone to my windows PC? I read somewhere that you can use adb. Fuck that. I want something with a GUI instead

>inb4 use quick share/kde connect
It's janky and unstable
>>
>>100171486
For lots and lots of photos and videos and for being able to copy them off the phone after you drop it. Also, music if you haven't fallen into the retarded stream-everything trap and still keep an offline library.
>>
>>100171556
Reading again I found that someone actually made a GUI but it's for macs only. I want a windows version :-((((
>>
File: 1714036563420.jpg (27 KB, 263x392)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
>>100170530
> Just got a OnePlus Open to replace my Xperia 1 III, how bad do you think I fucked up?
Fordable are meme
>>
>new Sonys will drop the 21:9 display ratio

is it finally time to buy one of these?
>>
File: 1714036723932.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>100171486
Basically, because people are retarded.
1. Eventually people will try to install software on SD, Android can't handle it, phone will lag.
2. Average quality of SD cards is trash now.
>>
>>100171556
I've been using FolderSync for years now, it just uploads everything via SMB to my NAS. Yes, via wifi, but I get 50MB/s reliably.
>>
>>100171556
is it really that hard for you to type adb pull <file path>
>>
File: 1000006059.jpg (1.99 MB, 2984x1865)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>100171556
> android mtp is still painfully slow in 2024
Ahem, three is nearby share.
>>
>>100171413
>>100171600
I haven't used it for even a day yet, but splitting apps seems super janky and unintuitive so far... unless I'm missing something. Using multiple apps was somehow much smoother on my Surface Duo. It was quick to select and move multiple apps around and here, I'm having to jump in and out of menus just for some of that functionality.

Too many steps!
>>
>>100171648
Does it have options to use 3 button navbar? Imo splitting apps using it are easier
>>
>>100171626
> download and install Android SDK on computer first
> have to add ADB location to path manually
> enable developer mode on phone
> enable USB debugging on phone
> make wired connection with good quality cable or ADB won't recognize the phone
> finally being able to run adb pull
> it's not faster than wifi

Yeah, no.
>>
>>100171642
Umm nearby share is now Quick Share sweaty
>>
>>100167387
It's dumb but it's far from the worst
>>
>>100171800
Well I guess you could use ftp
>>
>had to filter out indians, pakis, and banglas everytime I eat to watch a phone reviews on yt
Holy shit their accents is unbearable where the fuck the white ppl at?
>>
>>100171869
> Umm nearby share is now Quick Share sweaty
I don't care, it has same icon
>>
>>100171648
Oppo Find N3 user here. Basically an Open in everything but name. Here's the thing about the Duo. It was and still is fantastic for opening two apps at once. The duo, as its name would suggest, is all about getting you into the left-right workspace setup. It's fantastic for that and I still use mine every now and then. On the other hand, the Open is a lot more complicated to operate but rewards you with a lot more user freedom in how you multitask. The actions are confusing at first, I agree, but if you stick with it it'll become second nature to you and you'll think in 4 apps using it the same way you think in 2 apps using the Duo. 4 finger pinch an app to turn it into a floating window. Double finger swipe down from top middle to start multitasking. Drag another app into the viewport to open up a third app. Now you have 4 apps open at the same time. Now you have to remember each app has its own size setting. Top bar of each app to expand or shink. Use the helper icons to resize windows. Finally 4 finger pinch to see all apps at the same time.
>>
>>100172171
It's quite the same in Russian. 40% of reviews are hohlinas and although they don't have distinct accents (usually hard to feel it, especiallyif you are hohol like myself) , but they constantly screaming about evil Russian occupation in every review. I came to see review on xiaomi reddit penetrator 1488, not your whining about bombings.
>>
>>100171233
It’s kinda a shitty situation we are in, from my observation the iSlop is the most stable shit that can serves you 5 years minimum.
Based on your budget and the desired specifications I suggest to look into either iPhone 15 Plus or 15 Pro… hopefully years down the line we may get a new alternative that actually works
>>
Roughly how long will an iPhone 13 Pro last on normal usage with battery health at 78%?
>>
>>100172521
Anotherfag here. I need something as well to tide me over. What about the ip12? Seems like it would get 3 more years iirc? The ones I like are grey market stuff (Moto, Xperia) and I'm a bit screwed when I'll need after sales service.
And lastly, there's almost always some retard who will want an ancient iphone.
I hate them too but the other options are so fucked up.
>>
i dont understand custom rom differences. which is better
lineageos vs sparkos vs crdroid?
>>
>>100166378
I think dual CPU or maybe they will call it "hybrid", who knows. Basically one CPU would be very weak but extremely energy efficient, mostly used when the phone is idle, perhaps when displaying text or using super simple apps with little animation. Another CPU would be powerful but obviously a bigger drain on energy, used for tasks that require a lot of processing power.
This will most likely lead to the next big thing in smartphones - one whole week on a single charge.
>>
>>100171233
>my cheap chink shit was cheap chink shit!
>should I spend $1500 on an iPhone??????
Jesus Christ kid. Stop buying chinkshit, don't buy an iPhone. If you can afford an iPhone just get the S24 Ultra. It also has 7 years of updates and is built like a tank. The iPhone is missing a bunch of features and you're gonna hate it.

>and the fact that apple lets you delete all the distracting apps like yooutube etc
Huh? You do know you can delete any app or Android too right? Hope this isn't your huge reason for getting an iPhone.
>>
>>100171556
>quick share is janky and unusable
Not really. It's 2x faster than Airdrop.
>>
>>100171621
>Average quality of SD cards is trash now.
>>
The iToddler is talking to herself again.
>>
>>100172521
>hopefully years down the line we may get a new alternative that actually works
Did this faggot just imply that there is no alternative to the iPhone? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>100172889
Motorola and Xperia work in the US, especially on T Mobile, not sure wtf you mean by "grey market". Might as well just get a S23 or Xperia 5 III.

>>100172724
Have some self respect my man. Get a NEW S23 FE for the same price.
>>
>>100172724
>getting a jizz stained iphone

Don't do it.
>>
>>100166378
Porting desktop software and games to phones, both of which, as always, already jumpstarted by Apple.
ARMification of PC market has already begun, and who needs a dumb limited compatibility computer if you already have a phone?
Zoomers can't be bothered with sitting down and doing things properly. In few years they will be doing their entire homework, including coding and CAD on their phones.
>>
>>100173512
>not sure wtf you mean by "grey market"
Forgot to mention I'm in Asia. Kek. No locally authorized sellers.
>>
>>100173416
the normal iphone is 800€ and considering that even chinkshit is around 400€ now that doesn't seem too bad.
what features am i going to miss? like i said, i just want a phone that will last me some time for whatsapp, spotify, banking and navigation, nothing more. and the ability to just uninstall all the bloat i do not want is really nice. with my android phones i still had like 30 apps or so on my phone even if i only needed 5 because the piece of shit did not allow me to uninstall all that garbage. and i guess it would be the same with a samsung. the alternative in my price range would be a pixel 8 or something but a friend of mine had bad experiences with a pixel so i don't really want to go there.
And exactly how do i delete the apps on android? deleting youtube and other google crap seemed impossible. you can disable these apps, which i did, but after a while they start annoying you again and there is no escape
>>
>>100172171
I only watch the cute indian girl, I don't want to see disgusting moid incels when watching phone reviews
>>
secure folder app reccomendation? need to run multiple instances of the same application
>>
>>100167323
>spend $1000+ on a phone
>it blows up
Surmise.
>>
File: AAAAHHHH.png (145 KB, 666x375)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
I have a Galaxy S21 and am seriously considering buying an iPhone 15. What do
>>
>>100175592
don't do it. i'm currently using the iphone 15 after my s20fe5g broke, and ios is awful.
>>
>>100175592
the software is gimped beyond belief and other phones have better hardware don't become a brand whore
>>
>>100175592
you have a shitty xr
>>
What's the recommended backup app these days?
I used Titanium Backup for the longest time, but Swift Backup seems to be the most popular option?
>>
File: spr_sophia_confused.png (242 KB, 875x1500)
242 KB
242 KB PNG
>>100166323
Should I buy a Pixel 7a or a Pixel 8?
If the latter, does Graphene OS work on it?
>>
>>100170246
The 7+ gen 2 from last year is faster than the $1500 Kirin Huawei just released thoughbeit
>>
>>100173453
Yet their phones don't support them so it's irrelevant, obviously it's for cameras but still fuck them
>>
I wanna root it but this stupid ass update
I'm a lil shook it won't let me after I update it
>>
>>100175520
The N20U never blew up
>>
File: not my pic.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>tfw your new assigned work phone is the largest, heaviest, clunkiest smartphone you ever used

Not a single one of us is happy with this piece of shit.
>>
File: IMG_3009-1714070796948.jpg (93 KB, 1200x630)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>still has the smoothest, most intuitive UI of any phone
How does apple do it? Why cant droids catch up?
>>
>>100177405
Ahhh I fuckin knew it
How does one root xiaomis in 2024?
>>
>>100174721
>what features am i going to miss?

The iPhone:
>1080p screen, not 4k or 1440p
>No reverse wireless charging
>No dual Bluetooth
>No headphone jack
>No option for sd cards
>No split-screening your apps
>No foldable displays
>No second screen
>No fast charging
>USB-C 3.0 only in the 15 Pro Max
>No built-in Stylus
>Can't keep more than one account saved on apps
>Cant torrent
>Can't do Picture in picture with every app (yes, we can even do it for YouTube for free)
>Updates constantly slowing phone down
>Can't have gifs or videos as backgrounds
>Can't customize alarm (or notification tone) with song that they own
>Cant customize ringtone with song that they own, have to purchase ringtone from Apple app store
>Cant emulate games without jailbreaking
>Can't download apps not in app store
>No phone charger in box
>No in-screen fingerprint scanner
>$120 wireless headphones DO NOT COME WITH PHONE
>It doesn’t tell you how long your phone has left to fully charge when you plug it in
>No way to close all apps at once
>Can’t pause or stop a video while recording: you can only stop a video and start a brand new one
>No option to flip the camera around while recording
>no separate volumes for ringtone/media/notifications/alarms/calls
>no ascending volume (for wake-up-alarms)
>cannot set more than one timer without a hardware-dongle (apple watch) or siri
>Can't put space between apps
>Can't limit ram usage
>Can't turn phone into desktop
>Can't record phone calls
>No t9 dialing
>Can't adjust height of keyboard
>Keyboard doesn't have row dedicated to numbers
>No clipboard
>Can't picture in picture their video calls
>Can't take long screenshots outside of safari
>Can't change hotspot name without changing device name
>No cloud gaming
>No 100x zoom

All apps can be deleted and if you really wanna be autistic about it, you can use the Android debloater to delete whatever you want. If you just want vanilla Android with no bloatware, try Motorola Edge+ 2023, or Zenfone 10
>>
File: 1682156571631562.jpg (274 KB, 957x2078)
274 KB
274 KB JPG
>>100174721
>bloat
iPhone has the worst amount of bloat.
>>
What's the best cleaner app? I've been using SD Maid but what's better
>>
Huh, dug up my old iPhone 5C, thought I could use it as PMP, and well shit, it can't play 1080p videos.
It was perfectly usable just a couple years ago, I guess now it is officially inferior.
>>
File: file.png (608 KB, 1203x900)
608 KB
608 KB PNG
buying a smartphone is a genuinely worse experience than buying a car. So much info out there is 100% worthless and I'm pretty sure most smart phone reviewers don't do charts like hardware reviewers do because phone improvements to things like the speed of opening apps are basically non-existent. The best you can hope for is a synthetic set it and forget it benchmark because phone reviewers are just worthless shills.
>>
>>100166323
I'm getting 3 days and 6 hours and 40 minutes of on screen time on my 5V.
And I keep the battery capped to never reach over 90%
Pretty impressed with the battery life of this little guy
>>
>>100178701
Benchmarks do exist.

Also
>make a list of must have features
>decide on a budget
>find phone with those criteria
Wow, that was so fucking hard.
>>
What's the best virtual machine app I can use on Android?
Someone recommended me VMOS but it looks super sketchy
>>
File: agnib6g8jdj61.jpg (34 KB, 779x643)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>100178342
I want to ask you something because I see posts like this all around. People try and make so much effort to prove to others that the product they've spent money on is better than the product someone else spent money on. My question is: what do you get out of this? Say, I throw my personal preferences out of the window, ditch my phone and buy the phone you want me to buy, give my money to reseller, he gives part of the money manufacturer. Where does it put you in this equation?
>>
File: hellomobile.png (97 KB, 1315x909)
97 KB
97 KB PNG
>mogs your cell service provider
>mogs mint mobile
>mogs tello

You can even do 4 lines for $70/mo. That's $17.50 for unlimited data talk and text each line
>>
I no longer have a shitty XR, what is the current go-to 4chan browsing app other than a browser?
>>
>>100178976
Can I get an eli5 on lines? Non-american here, where I live there is no such thing as line, you get a SIM and you get calls, SMS and internet, they never mention something called line.
>>
File: 1673217780442887.jpg (41 KB, 594x648)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>100178895
I really don't give a shit what you decide to buy. But the lies regarding "hurr durr iPhone is da best!" and "hurr durr you can't get laid without iPhone!" has gotten to such a critical mass that actually good phone companies like LG go out of business; and even someone who went out of his way to build his own PC and did the research into what parts were the best, would still succumb to the iPhone meme.

All these years I didn't give a shit about the meme because I thought the truth would prevail. But Americans are retarded and Gen Z is afraid of ever being uncool at any given time so they started believing the meme.

No one's ever made fun of my Android to my face and I've fucked a multitude of women without owning an Apple device. Apple removes features and slap around their users. I'm here to liberate them.
>>
>>100178895
Apple is a phone cult.
>>
>>100179017
What about other fanboys? Sony/Xbox fanboys, Linus fanboys, ThinkPad fanboys, you name it. They aren't any better?
>>
>>100178895
>What's wrong with putting all your faith in one company?
>What's wrong with one company having a monopoly on cellphones?
>>
>>100178998
Line just means a singular phone number, I guess.

So it's the same. A sim is tied to a singular phone plan that you pay monthly.

As for hello mobile, it's the easiest company that does phone transfers.

Tello is difficult to transfer a number and they don't give you a free month of service.
Mint mobile is difficult to transfer a number and is $5 more expensive per month.

Hello mobile gives you $25/month unlimited, biggest coverage map of tmobiles 5G, gives you free month of service when you join so you pay for the first month and get the next month free.

As you can see by the picture they also offer $5/mo for unlimited talk and text, absolutely insane value thats as cheap as european prices. I might just buy a low powered phone as a backup just to have incase I need an extra phone in my car.
>>
>>100173350
But that's already a thing with big little design.
>>
>>100179065
>Whataboutism
I don't give a shit. Apple is a shitty company that doesnt deserve to exist.
>>
File: hellomobile2.png (185 KB, 1904x904)
185 KB
185 KB PNG
Also I like hello mobiles website design. Notice there's no niggers or brown globohomo art showcasing diversity, just a lovable blue guy with glasses.

Also mint mobile has a picture of the mint mobile fox with a beaver, implying racemixing when talking about family plans
>>
File: racemixing.png (42 KB, 679x192)
42 KB
42 KB PNG
My mind on /pol/
>>
>>100179084
So, a line is a SIM, or rather using one cell number on one phone? There are instances people need more, like using the same number on multiple devices? Because why would company specify the number of lines in the plan?
>>100179153
Who decides which company deserves to exist? Unfair practices are used in every single company under the sun.
>>
File: 1603368428630.jpg (30 KB, 495x495)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>buy a used S21 Ultra for 350$
>flawless
>2 months later
>have spen case and protective screen
>drop it
>dead pixels green gradient blinking agressively
>no crack on screen
>repair is 300$

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
s20 ultra 5G worth it current year w/ screen and battery replacement?
>>
>>100179876
How much? You can buy these like $300 now used without a broken screen
>>
>>100177210
Huawei will be running their own OS though befkre year ends. And none of the 7+ G2 devices can match their cameras.
Now if only westoid sanctions didn't exist. Samshit would've been decimated.
>>
Shill me a smartphone with the following properties:

>Compact form factor
>Good software and hardware
>Good cameras
>Nice design

I feel like the only two viable options are either a pixel (non pro) or an iPhone pro (non max). Am I missing something?
>>
>>100178342
i haven‘t used any of these features before and never even thought about them. like i said i only want the bare minimum functions from the phone you need nowadays, that is music to play in the car on long business trips, navigation, staying in contact with friends and online banking. who the fuck cares about having a gif as the background? or gaming , on a phone? your list reads like something an RGB obsessed reddit atheist would come up with. i‘ll look into the phones you suggested but having to use some autists debloater to delete shit i don‘t want to have is not an option.

>>100178391
like i said i never had an iPhone so i have no clue whether it is possible to delete these apps but on my iPad i could delete everything i didn‘t want so i actually only see the 7 apps i want to have
>>
File: miad01.png (86 KB, 640x640)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>*saves smartphones*
>>
>>100180425
Yeah I wish they didn't get a sanctioned but they didn't really sell here in the US from what I remember anyway
>>
>>100178997
Chance
>>
>>100179600
Droidtranny btfo
>>
>>100166323
Is the Exynos version of the S24 bad? I am between the Pixel 8 or S24.
>>
>>100176826
xperia 5v is the chudcel phone
>headphone jack
>sd card
>>
>>100180769
Too late; went out earlier today to buy the Pixel 8 with a $200+ discount.
All the same, thanks for your suggestion.
>>
>>100180504
>be more specific
Dunno about software parts but Xperias don't have bezel-less shit and are well loved by modding community. Cheapo motos have sd card slots and jacks like Xperias, aosp android too. But at the price of having shit cameras.
>>
Xiaomi 14 Ultra or Xperia 1 VI (when it comes out)?
>>
>>100180504
Zenfone 9 and 10
S23 and S24
>>
>>100181031
depends, do you want a headphone jack and SD card or not?
>>
>>100180525
>like i said i only want the bare minimum functions from the phone you need nowadays,
So why spend $800 on an iPhone?
You could get a $400 Android and get all of those features. Why would you pay more for less? THINK. THINK. THINK. USE YOUR FUCKING BRAIN FAGGOT.

>who the fuck cares about having a gif as the background? or gaming , on a phone?
Who the fuck cares about dynamic island? Who the fuck cares about facetime? Who the fuck cares about blue bubbles? Who the fuck cares about what you care about? Go kill yourself faggot. Apple literally fucking hates it's userbase and will squeeze as much money out of them as possible.

If you like getting fucked in the ass, that's fine. Just don't start spreading your anus around people and start making fun of them because theirs isn't bleeding too.
>>
And I oop
>>
>>100171556
I use sftp for folders/multiple files, and KDE connect for single files.
>>
>>100175434
Haven't had an issue with shelter.
>>
>>100166323
>xperia compact...
>>
>>100180525
Found you
>>100178820
>>
>>100178342
>a bunch of useless features
green bubble shit
>>
>>100181702
We can make the bubbles whatever color we want cock slurper.
>>
>>100181702
You'll defend anything they do. They could fuck your wife and you'd let them.
>>
File: 1703251593654663.png (220 KB, 720x460)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>100181702
Moving your apps wherever you want is a useless feature? Oh wait, you're used to them all crowding up on the home screen or tucked into ugly ass folders.
>>
>>100181799
On the next major IOS updoot, iToddlers will have more freedom to arrange their homescreens.
Which begs the question,
waht did retards like >>100181702 have been putting up with all this time?
>>
>>100180745
bump
>>
>>100181854
You don't even have to have apps on your home screen thoughbeit
>>
>>100180745
They're both Exynos technically. Get the S24 or the Ultra.
>>
>>100181888
You don't have to make excuses for them thoughbeit.
>>
>>100182019
Make good criticisms. You just look like a poor fag coping
>>
My grandma got me the iPhone 15 Pro Max for my birthday present( I turn 25 tomorrow). I had been using the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 for 3 years but figured it was time for a new phone and wanted to try the apple eco system since my other family members all have iPhones too
>>
>>100179600
You can buy a screen and replace it for 200 refurbished or like 270 for oem. Injured gadgets sells to anyone I think and their refurbished screen is usually very good. Mobile sentrix will tell you to start a business or go away. I'd avoid amazon screens. Ifixit guides are good.

>>100179876
Yes. I use an s20 I bought for 240 a year ago off ebay from a phone reseller. The 20 series for cheap blows the fuck out of midrange phones In my opinion. I dont live on the thing but it's very competent for everything I ever do with it.
>>
>>100182071
My Z Fold 5 costs more than every iPhone thoughbeit.
>>
>>100182097
Broken xr
>>
>>100181730
This is gay dude
>>
Returning my iPhone.

Thanks so much for talking me out of it, guys. This thing is SHIT.
>>
Who here is using motorola? They seem to be selling more interesting phones over seas but the common us market stuff is mostly budget phones and any flagship they release if any gets no attention.

>>100182097
I'd sell it but I dont like iOS.
>>
>>100182137
>sour grapes
>>
>>100182169
Persona 5 is for trannies
>>
>>100182137
Only having 2 bubble colors and not being able to choose between them is the biggest faggotry in earth. Go suck Steve Jobs's dead dick.
>>
>>100182180
>he immediately knew the reference
You must be a tranny then. Post your micropenis, iSlave.
>>
>>100182204
youre acting like its some obscure 90s game man everyone knows what that is. and its gay.
>>
>>100182233
Post your bussy right now iSlave. Put your airpods up your tight little butthold rn.
>>
>>100182191
>he cares this much about the colors of bubbles
It's not like anyone texts you in the first place
>>
>>100182250
Broken xr
>>
File: IMG_2998-1714090826875.jpg (294 KB, 2462x2230)
294 KB
294 KB JPG
Is it worth it in 2024? How much use could you get out of it?
>>
>>100181888
True. But I still won't forget the past years that Apple users were making fun of folders (Android, Symbian) for apps. Only for Apple to push them as a "major updoot" later on.
>>
>>100182292
Yes. You get as much use out of it for as long as the battery survives.
>>
Why cant we just get along? Why cant we all collectively appreciate phones?
>>
>>100182373
Just whipping iSlaves trying to defend their iCult.
>>
>>100182489
Obsessed droidtroon
>>
>>100182507
Truth hurts, doesn't it iSlave? Go get the new Vision Pro!
>>
>>100182507
>>
>>100177847
Isn't like $150 dlls?
>>
File: file.jpg (849 KB, 3056x1719)
849 KB
849 KB JPG
finally bought picrel, the only good smartphone on the market
>>
>>100182525
>>100182540
Obsessed droidtroon
>>
>iphone 12 mini (had for four years) to xperia 5, what am i in for? how long does sony support their xperia line with updates?
>>
Are there any good apps for learning piano and/or sheet music?
>>
>>100179918
They're $100 for a bad/broken screen and $240 in good / vetted condition, a.k.a. no hard-to-tell ebay bullshit where the screen has some kind of yellowing.

>>100182104
I have an SE 2022 and it would probably cost a hundred bucks to fix the issue with 1 one of the 3 microphones (it rhythmically picks up a "clicking" whenever I record something). Thing is, phone's only worth about $150 at most and you can probably see my dilemma.

First thing I have to do is get a quote from the phone techs in town and then either jump ship to an Android or keep mine. If it's less than $50 then it's probably a no-brainer.

I'm thinking of getting the S20 Ultra but honestly, the battery is probably shit at this point. I bought an iPhone 7 years ago and the battery was like a used whore on its third pack of cigarettes of the week. Getting a genuine replacement from Samsung is $90 (or a round $100).

Alternatively, I could get an aftermarket battery, which don't last too long. That's hopefully not a big issue as long as it lasts at least 2 years, right? I'm hopeful to hear that there's at least 1 reviewed brand on /spg/.

I know personally repairs don't add much resell profit to a device as the cost doesn't usually offset the price sold w/ a defect. I figure I can just save the money put on its repair and put it toward an S20 Ultra.

From what I can tell it's not a big jump in $$$ and the battery replacement is fairly easy (adhesive garbage aside).

I also do want to benefit from the features of the S20 Ultra, namely the microSD slot and the higher resolution camera. And there's a little resentment towards Apple's walled garden.

Convince me not to, I guess.
>>
>>100177847
> assigned work phone
What?
> Not a single one of us is happy with this piece of shit.
I have sgs24 ultra and like it
>>
>>100178976
That is not true unlimited, though. If you read the fine print, most MVNOs throttle to 256kb or so. There might also be a hard throttle.

Visible, Cricket, and Metro all offer truly unlimited fast data at about $25/month.
>>
>https://github.com/0x192/universal-android-debloater

>sudo apt install android-sdk-platform-tools

Right I've done that. Can anyone recommend a guide on how to actually use it?
>>
>>100184029
Including how to start it.
>The bit many seem to miss
>>
File: GL-k_FFXUAArSeh.jpg (70 KB, 637x648)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
should I just get an s24 if I want the closest thing aesthetically and ergonomically to an iphone without having to use ios
>>
Best maps application for Android that doesn't use google play services? I've use Sygic in the past but recently I just got a new phone so I figured I'd see what my fellow schizos use nowadays.
>>
>>100182327
>major updoot
it was literally iOS 4 retard, you must be older than 18 to post here
>>
File: 1703044614070612.jpg (22 KB, 334x500)
22 KB
22 KB JPG
>https://gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md
Anyone have a mirror or snapshot of this page that used to be linked in the /spg/ OP?
>>
Google Play Services say they need access to everything, microphone, SMS, calls. Do they? When I try to take access away system says something will break, well, will it?
>>
File: front.png (241 KB, 900x1200)
241 KB
241 KB PNG
Thoughts on the Pixel 8? I was thinking of getting one today because there is a good deal. I currently run a Pixel 6 with GrapheneOS and it's served me pretty well, but I might pass it off to a relative (who is still using an iPhone 6S).

I've heard some people say the Pixel 8 is buggy or has battery issues. Any truth to this?
>>
>>100184845
Tensor is shit. Other than that it's a good phone. It's a marginal upgrade over your Pixel 6.
>>
>>100181053
>Samshit
>Good Software
>>
>>100184845
I literally just got mine in today, largely the same experience as the 7 I upgraded from. Upgraded because my USB C port on my 7 is trashed, otherwise I probably would still be on the 7. I don't have battery figures yet, obv.
>>
File: cutie.jpg (331 KB, 1536x2048)
331 KB
331 KB JPG
>>100166323
oh hey thats my phone, i like it very much
heres a photo of a sexy parrot i took with it
>>
Is it just me or has smartphone innovation effectively stopped for the past 5 years?

I have a OnePlus 7 pro and I'm unironically struggling to justify an upgrade aside from marginally better processing power, better cameras, and a newer OS (the latter not even being related to smartphone innovation per se). That's literally it.

Design wise I'd even say almost all phones are a downgrade because of the cutout
>>
>>100185070
Yeah it's mostly stagnated, the quad curved screens the newest Huawei/Xiaomi flagships looks cool if you're into that
>>
>>100185070
This is the only thing worth looking forward to. At least for me. And their cameras as well. Motorola for the cheapness and jack+microsd combo. If only there was an option to just have security updoots and not OS "upgrades", I'll take that.
>>
>>100185070
Yeah pretty much. LG Wing was the last revoluntionary phone but LG no longer makes devices.

Theres nothing to look forward to and plenty of planned obsolecense. Although apparently Google is coming out with a clamshell flip phone in 2025. Would love to get a pixel flip
>>
Poco x6 or X6 pro ?
>>
>>100181148
because all my androids started becoming a pain to use after two to three years and my boss is still using his iPhone SE.
I don‘t Even know what dynamic island is and don‘t care about the other shit. yeah apple is gay and my ipads keyboard sucks but the thing just werks and that is all that matters to me. so the only argument against apple is the price really?
And the android brands hate you aswell anyways, they bombard you with ads and sell you to google, i don‘t know what‘s worse
>>
>>100183468
Get the Note 20 Ultra.
>>
>>100184122
Samsung is a great transition away from iOS.
>>
any 400$ phone with decent camera?
>>
>>100185593
>because all my androids started becoming a pain to use after two to three years
And all of your phones are CHINESE BULLSHIT like you said yourself. And your boss is still using his iPhone SE but I can guarantee he can't download a single app in that app store. That's one thing they don't tell you.

>but the thing just werks and that is all that matters to me
Everything that isn't Chinese bullshit "just werks". If a piece of technology doesn't "just werk" it's more notable than if it did. And the irony is that iOS isn't very compatible with PC or Android phones, but Androids are. A company making technology that only works with their own technology is a shitty company, sorry to break it to you bud.

>so the only argument against apple is the price really?
And the other 60+ reasons posted.

>And the android brands hate you aswell anyways, they bombard you with ads and sell you to google
My Samsung doesn't have ads on it. Your chinkshit phones having ads on it doesn't surprise me. Not to mention the custom ROMs that can de-google your phone plus the ad blockers, tracker blockers etc. that are on the play store.

>i don‘t know what‘s worse
Let me make this easy for you. iPhones. iPhones are worse. I already explained to you why but you're still making excuses to waste your money on a shitty company that doesnt even like you. Oh and the iPhone has ads too.
>>
>>100185593
>against apple is the price really?
Not anymore, high end pixels cost just as much desu. The only argument against apple is the lack of customizability and the walled garden, meaning if you want the best user experience you'll have to buy AT LEAST air pods too, an apple watch if you like smart watches.
>>
>>100185703
well, you simply don‘t seem to understand that i don‘t care, i only want to comfortably use a handful of apps without any annoyances for a long time, so on need to download new apps, wow! your samsung probably costs just as much as an iPhone or even more and if i have to download tracker blockers and ad blockers guess what? that‘s exactly what i don‘t want to have to do.
ordered the iPhone btw
>>
>>100166323
Still keeping my Xperia 5 II. Hate how Sony decided to become soulless
>>
>>100185738
>ordered the iPhone btw
Prove it. Post a screenshot to prove you're not posting from a broken xr and just shitposting for attention with your micropenis.
>>
File: 1705492266118691.jpg (332 KB, 637x720)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>100185738
>you in a few weeks
>>
>>100185706
does that mean i can‘t use my anker earbuds with an iPhone if i want to listen to music, or is it just that some features aren‘t available? because i only use the earbuds for music listening. And smart watches are gay, just get a rolex like a normal adult
>>
Imagine coming into a thread asking for advice only to ignore said advice.
>>
>>100185771
You can use them ofc but some features will simply be unavailable and the general user experience will be worse. Air pods is one of those "it just works" things, you don't have any annoying Bluetooth quirks or similar stuff when you use them with an iPhone
>>
>>100185776
what if the advise was shit?
>>
>>100185797
Just because it wasn't the answer you were looking for doesn't mean it's shit. Still waiting on that screenshot.
>>
File: 36b.png (47 KB, 220x220)
47 KB
47 KB PNG
>>100185759
>he has to post a screenshot from his chinkphone of his new iPhone order
>iToddler didn't think of this while lying his ass off from his xr
o im laffin
>>
>>100185808
it is, you weren‘t considering what i need a phone for and recommended android because muh gaymen and RGB and whoah do a barrel roll
>>
>>100185824
guess what, i made the order from my thinkpad running EndeavourOS because my chinkphone isn‘t working anymore. i won‘t post a screenshot because i don‘t have to prove anything and also because i‘m paranoid and don‘t post images at all on 4chan
>>
File: 1701767331786489.jpg (2.24 MB, 2606x2449)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB JPG
>>100186003
>I won't post a screenshot
Because you can't. Because you have a broken xr.
>>
>>100184029
>>100184093
Finally worked it out.
Didn't have ./ in front of command.
>>
Thoughts on the Moto G Stylus 5g (2023)? Don't really care for the stylus, just trying to upgrade from my... pixel 3axl...
It has all the features I care about, and it's on sale for a really good price at my Best Buy. But I've never had a Motorola smartphone. Had a Moto dumbphone like 15 years ago though.
I read that they have way too much bloat apps pre-installed compared to other androids and their build quality isn't ideal, how true is that?
>>
>>100186320
>I read that they have way too much bloat apps pre-installed compared to other androids
All of which can be deleted.

>their build quality isn't ideal
They're fine. It just won't "feel premium". Put a case on it.

Only downside of that phone I can think of is the LCD screen but some people see that as a bonus.
>>
>>100186360
>All of which can be deleted.
True, just unnecessary extra hassle. Not a big deal though of course
>LCD screen
Yeah not too nitpicky about that. My pixel 3axl has really severe burn-in haha

So overall it's a decent phone then. I guess I'll be getting it.
Really glad to finally be able to upgrade. Honestly I wouldn't mind sticking with my current phone because it still werks, but I keep getting random bootloops recently and I shit my pants every time it happens
It's been a great 5 years
>>
>>100186171
wtf is an xr?
>>
Best custom roms for a xiaomi device?
>>
>>100180526
>6.7in
into the trash it goes, another phone catering to Jeets
>>
>>100182621
review?
>>
>>100185167
>Theres nothing to look forward to and plenty of planned obsolecense
I'm looking forward to replaceable batteries
>>
>>100186594
Lineage if you can get it, xiaomi.eu otherwise
>>
File: 1714124273450.png (315 KB, 1080x1477)
315 KB
315 KB PNG
All i asked is a modern snapdragon cpu and sd card capability.
This world is fucked.
Not, I'm not settling on a phone for fucking ants.
>>
>>100187041
Just get a 1TB phone.
You have no valid reason to need more.
No, you don't need to carry around 10 months of continuous music in your pocket.
>>
>>100185056
>those nails
why are you gay
>>
>>100179368
>Who decides which company deserves to exist? Unfair practices are used in every single company under the sun.
not in mine, just be willing to pay me way ahead of recieving the product
>>
What is the best phone with a stock android and/or available custom ROMs?
>>
>>100187612
Pixel 8 or 7a
Xperia 5 III
>>
>>100187041
hello sir
one 6 point 8 inch flagship Xiaofeng poco sir jio genshin impact delivered right to your door sir! android team win!!
>>
>>100187612
Pixels, motos, xperias and sony phones have basically stock android
>>
how do you change fonts? this shit is uggooo
>>
File: 1714017360009.jpg (539 KB, 1080x2400)
539 KB
539 KB JPG
>>100188831
compared to my redmi from before i broke it
>>
>>100188889
>snapchat
ayo deez nigga gettin sum pussay 2nite
>>
>>100188907
bitches love the post gym selfies, wcyd
>>
>>100166323
anybody kinda excited about the hmd "muh repairable"(we shall see) smartphones dropping in july? Also, this is pretty sick. kinda want their barbie phone coming out too
>>
>>100188831
i bought from galaxy store like a gold goy but, given yours aren't samshit like mine, only option is root.
>>
>>100189027
Dead on arrival.
>but it's repairable
And? Dogshit updoot aside I see no reason to buy these obvious e-wastes
>>
What's the lightest smartphone on the market right now?
So damn tired of carrying a brick in my pocket.
Budget is no issue.
>>
>>100189979
Yezz Go 3
>>
gym retard here again, why couldn't they put this shit on the homescreen or app drawer
>>
>>100169957
Not really. Grab a few gen old flagship instead. >>100178701
1080ti still on charts kek
>>
>>100178701
phones have been "fast enough" for modern phone use since 2018
>>
File: 1706848026112183.png (845 KB, 959x946)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
Is K9 mail any good since the Thunderbird team took over development?
I'm getting a bit tired of fairemail asking every month for my financial support
>>
Poor third worlder here, should I get a Poco F5? Will I regret my choice if I only care about emulation and watching YouTube?

I wish I could get a phone with 512 GB of internal storage and the same/better performance compared to F5, but I guess F5 is the best for this price range?
>>
>>100166427
>>100166468
based, I hope you only play Kirino route and ignore everyone else
>>
>>100185797
This its 4chan, sometimes the advise you're given is someone trolling
>>
>Use iPhone
>Start to miss Android
>Try out an Android
>Start to miss iPhone
How do I stop the Apple mindbreaking?
>>
>>100191208
>advise
Nibba talking to himself.
>>
>>100191300
By never starting in the first place. Just remember, if the iPhone 15 was their first phone and it released this year, no one would want it.
>>
>>100191300
To elaborate, I've been an Android user since 2014 and bought an iPhone in 2021, due to the social aspect of having iMessage, and while I enjoy iOS, I miss the freedom that Android gave me. Whenever I go back to Android though, there's this incomplete and janky feeling that the OS has. Should I buy a newer Android flagship? I tried out an S21 Ultra and returned it.
>>
>>100191347
due to the social advantage of having iMessage*
>>
File: 1000006134.jpg (500 KB, 1440x3120)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
Why Google photos still sending pushes with offerings of additional storage if I can't have additional storage because they wouldn't sell me additional storage?
>>
>>100191347
>Should I buy a newer Android flagship?
Yeah, S23 Ultra or S24 Ultra are good.
Alternatively, there's also the Xperia 1 V.
>>
it's over
>>
Whats the best sony phone under $500? New or used.
>>
>>100191779
1 ii or III. 5 series is negligible but obviously a phone with at least 5g support on long term minimum.
>>
>>100191779
>Le 2 years of support
>>
>>100190802
get a X6 pro instead, it's 512GB
>>
>>100187041
redmi note 13 pro 5g?
>>
>>100190265
not medically tested, so they want to avoid lawsuits from improper usage
>>
>>100166323
I've had a 5V since Feb. Came from a Note 9 with a battery on its last legs which had developed that screen fuzz fault that shitsung created and didn't bother to fix.

Downgrading to a smaller screen took some getting used to. I went from galaxy S7 to the note 9 and back to a smaller screen.
Fits comfortably in the hand and the pocket. I like the physical camera shutter button but don't pixelpeep the pics because I have an actual camera I use for things worth taking pics of. Camera is good enough for taking pics of things I'm thinking of buying or for reminders.

The sony os is barebones as fuck. I don't mind all that much, but I had come to rely on certain things samsung has standard, especially certain Spen functions for translating shit and selecting text. I miss certain things that samsung could do like taking scrolling screenshots on any app. Sony only allows it on a browser but not on say clover etc. . I miss Shelter as well.
Bought a devilcase guardian standard, which is offically sony sanctioned, and some random jap tempered glass. It's been great. I've dropped the shit out of it on my trip to Japan about 2 weeks after getting the phone. It was nice having a smaller phone in hand when juggling shit and getting on all those trains.
Battery life has been GREAT. Used the gps constantly in Tokyo which.

I have not updated to android 14 since the leddit copegroup say that it's bad news right so I have to put up with that unbanishable notification. A small annoyance. Better than dealing with the issues people are complaining about with 14.
Would I buy again? I would probably go with the 10V instead since I've dialed back my phone usage in general. I've not suffered any stuttering or lag though. 14 update brings stutters apparently.
>>
I got a Nokia 6.1 currently that I'm looking to replace. What's a good upgrade I can get around the same price range? I've been eyeing a moto g84, but idk.
>>
s22 ultra in 2024?
>>
>>100192630
>one of the worst exyshit in current year
>>
Recommend me a good task planner + note app for Android. It has to either be free or a one time payment that isn't 100 fucking dollars. TickTick is the closest to what I want but calendar and a few other things are behind a paywall.
>>
>>100171556
Isn't this a Windows problem? On Linux my MTP is super fast.
>>
>using GrapheneOS
How do I install applications?
>>
>>100166323
Hey Everyone I need some help picking a decent phone to last me 2-5 years.

Here are the deets
>Region: US and Thailand (I will be working in Thailand most of the year)
> Needs to be Dual Sim
> Support 5G
> for carriers I will likely be using a 3rd party carrier like Mynt for the US but I will use DTAC for Thailand
>hopefully under $250

So far I am looking at the
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
Samsung Galaxy A25
Motorola Moto G84

My current phone is a Motorola Moto G13 and it is the worst phone I have ever had

Open to suggestions. I dont do a whole lot of gaming but I would love to be able to use some music DAW apps like FLIP or FL Studio Mobile
>>
>>100178976
Falling for the hello scam instead of using US Mobile. You have the option of using T-mobile or Verizon towers and you can get a physical sim card sent to you or use esim.
>>
>>100193334
Using AuroraStore.
>>
>>100193855
I've been looking around and now see people using AuroraStore, F-Droid, or just defaulting to Google Play.
Why would you recommend AuroraStore over the others?
>>
>>100186171
>>100185824
>>100185759
Mentally ill
>>
>>100191779
> Whats the best sony phone under $500? New or used.
Are you degenerate?
>>
>>100194236
>bro unless you spend 1500 on a phone its not worth it
what a nigger.
>>
>>100193739
ordered the G84, thanks for nothing you uptight faggots
>>
Anything BUT s23/s24Ultra is a literal meme.
>>
>>100193739
poco f5
>>
>>100194627
Sexpats get the rope
>>
>>100194741
thanks but not a fan of Xiaomi

>>100195032
not a sexpat you nigger
>>
>>100195071
Yes you are, you can't possibly be having an actual job there if you're American
>>
>>100195032
Furious ricenigger detected
>>
>>100195225
>what is remote work
>what is sales
>what is working in fintech
you are an absolute dipshit. you think you are insulated in your community now, mark my words Californian faggots and niggers will come to your town soon enough.
>>
>>100195248
gold digger gonna fuck you harder in the ass than you could ever fuck her with your tiny white pecker
>>
>>100195373
That just means you're a sexpat like I said dude be serious
>>
>>100195467
sounds like you are projecting. Have you ever left the country or are do you live in your moms basement scared of the outside world? There is a lot more to do in TH than catch HIV from a village prostitute. Have you ever seen the ocean? Genuinely curious
>>
>>100192553
>Have you not tried looking for third larty solutions for those features?
Surely, there's prolly a 3rd party solutions as well for the scrolling screenshot.
And the Mark VI series are coming out so I held back my 10V purchase. In hopes that VI will be worth it or V gets price dropped hard.
>>
if I'm tired of ricing this xiaomi should I just buy a pixl 9 in October
>>
>>100192681
>eu
>>
>>100194231
iSlave cult member.
>>
>>100176826
Yeah I'm on a pixel 8 on Graphene right now.
>>
>>100166378
Hopefully bringing back bezels. Would like an 18:9 phone with small top and bottom bezels and no rounded corners (basically a modern xz2 compact)
>>
What are some cool 1337 applications you would suggest to someone freshly on Android from iOS?
>>
>>100197117
ViMusic. Free adless youtube music.
>>
>>100185738
Alpha
>>
So wait, if I have an Android it is basically mandatory for me to use the "Camera" instead of saying the Instagram, Twitter or other App's built in camera? Why?

Does the same apply with Iphones or what
>>
>>100197634
>it is basically mandatory for me to use the "Camera" instead of saying the Instagram, Twitter or other App's built in camera?
Not really true anymore. Snapchat used to use the viewfinder on an Android instead of the actual camera. But they've since fixed it.
>>
File: 1703288450447432.png (79 KB, 803x581)
79 KB
79 KB PNG
>>100185738
Human garbage. Beta bitch.
>>
I understand smartphones will only pull whatever # of watts what's it's capable of handling. But for something like the 1plus 12r which claims to be 100W wired, would charging with an adapter that is capable of 90w charging decrease the overall lifespan of the battery significantly compared to say a 35w charger?
>>
>>100197781
yes.
more watts pulled means more strain on the battery.
>>
File: 1706635557435567.jpg (108 KB, 554x554)
108 KB
108 KB JPG
what are your thoughts on picrel?
>>
Been a long on and off itoddler an xperiafag i.e. iPhone 5s, 6s ,XZ1, Xperia 1 and 5 II user. Cell hardware died for some reason and it's not reading any sim for some reason. The lack of updates from sony had me seriously considering going back to being an itoddler again since I can replicate most of the android functions now when compared to the last time I used an iphone.
>>
>>100178342
No one cares about any of this, maybe screen only. Touch grass.
>>
>>100198573
that's such as obvious shitty photoshop
>>
>>100193885
Because it's literally just google play, but just 3rd party. f-droid is cool, but it's terrible for search or finding apps as there are over 10,000 low quality and outdated apps in there with no description or pictures.
>>
>>100166323
>NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
>>100199573

>NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
>>100199573

>NEW THREAD
NEW THREAD
>>100199573

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.