[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

You will always be a nobody until you turn 35. If you're still a nobody even after you turned 35, that's your fault.

>Interviewing
Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

>Layoffs
https://layoffs.fyi/

>Helpful YouTube Channels
they're all grifters but here are some
https://www.youtube.com/@ContinuousDelivery
https://www.youtube.com/@tciproductions
https://www.youtube.com/@ZackFreedman
https://www.youtube.com/@TechLead
https://www.youtube.com/@ycombinator (if you're doing a startup)

Previous:
>>100155350
>>
Anchor
>>
File: GLNFoRjXEAAK1Az.jpg (327 KB, 2048x1248)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>100166997
>>100167002
You may not like it but the only narrow Golden Path to escape this is by turning trans
>>
>>100167002
what a faggot. literal first world problems
>>
>>100166997
Zoomers are so fucked up that having a normal office job makes you special.
>>
27 years old, working with basic ass PHP, never went to college, can't do easy leetcode, 4 yoe

how over is it
>>
>>100167070
>phpchad
>no college debt
>doesn't waste mental energy on nerd puzzles
>been employed since 23
sounds like you've made it already
>>
>>100167070
Get your commercial truck drivers license and go see the country
>>
File: GL9--SIW8AIhfkI.png (123 KB, 1350x1350)
123 KB
123 KB PNG
>>100167061
>>100167065
He's indonesian who found a job in france thanks to his parents. Zoomers call social media is fake yet they participate in it to no end.
>>
So, how do I get prescribed adderall? Talk to my therapist or an actual doctor?
>>
File: 1638838186999.png (1.8 MB, 1441x991)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>3 waves of layoffs at small company
>company had worst quarter in history
>company announces our bonuses are paused for 4 months along with our quarterly bonus. also announces that they're immediately stopping our phone stipend despite me being an on call security roll
>hear rumors that the skeleton crew of our service desk is going to be gone within like 2 months and replaced with indians (lol)
>our new ceo got on a call and talked about how he was fully in support of work from home unlike the old ceo
>when I asked my boss he basically told me that our MSP division is still going to be hybrid if you're in commute distance, its like a 45 min drive for me
>overheard our finance guys ripping their hair trying to figure out a way to spin some sort of report to our ceo today

is there any reason I shouldn't just try to jump ship at this point? the only reason I can think of is that my pay is really good and they pay for my certifications if I want to take them, but now I'm not sure if they'll even do that. I'm a sperg so job hunting is a bit scary to me and I've never interviewed while I was currently in my position before
>>
>>100167108
depends on your state. i'm not allowed to have it without an actual doctor here, so i just had a friend give it to me. it kinda sucked so i stick to coffee anyways
>>
>>100167108
therapists can't prescribe drugs.
>>
>>100166997
i left my corporate job because i have no reason to keep working with, i got no wife, no house and no life, why should i want to slave my life away?
>>
>>100167115
You should stay. Just work harder and everything will be fixed. Really show your loyalty and be a company man. Trust them.
>>
>>100167122
>>100167141
Alright i'll go to a local doctor then. Can no longer stand not being able to do shit without fiddling my phone every 5 seconds
>>
>>100167090
Fuck, never look at it like this
>>100167095
I'll just learn Laravel desu
>>
>>100167115
You just need to put your nose to the grindstone. Start paying for company equipment out of your own pocket, that will show them how dedicated you are.
>>
>>100167177
not them. slatestarcodex has a post on adderall that contains links explaining how to lie to get it. find a psychiatrist, ideally with low ratings, and lie to them. it worked for me. i quit it after a few years though because i don't want dementia.
>>
>>100167105
>Zoomers call social media is fake yet they participate in it to no end.
glad i was raised on 4chan instead of tiktok/instagram
>>
>>100167115
Anon you should consider selling your organs and giving the money to your boss. It will prove how much you love the company and you'll be CEO in just a few more years
>>
>>100167177
in some states you can get prescribed tomorrow morning through a phone call, i'm pretty sure. also you need to learn to kick the phone habit yourself or else you'll just do the same shit on there but with laser focus
>>
PURSUE YOUR OWN GOALS
BUILD A NETWORK WITH MANY OPTIONS
WHY GET STUCK IN ONE PLACE? WHY??
SOCIAL MEDIA, INFINITE EASY CONNECTIONS
STOP BEING UNHAPPY AND SCARED!!!!
>>
I'm content just playing fotm indie games like balatro and grind hunt showdown from time to time desu
>>
>>100167070
You're not going to be able to do leetcode unless you've done it before and/or have been grinding it recently. It has very little to do with most CRUD dev jobs. I doubt most specialized devs could do leetcode mediums off the top of their head 5 years after a job hunt too
You can go from no leetcode to leetcode god in less than a year it's not a useful skillset to cultivate unless you're applying in a few months
>>
>>100167115
No retard, you're supposed to sink with the company. How new are you?
>>
File: 1709876312551282.jpg (21 KB, 480x360)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>100167070
>can't do easy leetcode
Just read the solutions, ponder the underlying logic or schemes, rinse repeat until you run into a problem that you know how to sold because you've been paying attention. Rinse repeat for mediums and hards until you're actually good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V7yPrxJ8Ck
>>
>>100167381
Tbf if he's never done a dsa course he should do something that at least introduces him to Big O, basic algos, all the common data structures before grinding neetcode
It doesn't need to have proofs THOUGH
>>
File: cry.gif (136 KB, 220x212)
136 KB
136 KB GIF
>>100167376
sorry I'm a zoomer
>>
>>100167115
Because I like being a contrarian I'm going to be nice and straightfoward: you should definitely be planning to leave or at least getting ready for that eventuality. Start putting in applications, brushing up on whatever the IT version of leetcode is or whatever, and generally get your interview skills in order. There's really no point in not at least drifting toward port/starboard when the ship is giving every sign of sinking. At the very least, you'll be not-disadvantageously placed if it turns out the ship actually IS sinking.
>>
>>100167164
You got a lot of savings?
>>
>>100167115
Prepare your exit strategy. But while doing that, sit around and be as useless as you can get away with being while still collecting a paycheck.
>>
>>100167451
yes, fuck them... no pussy, no house, no work.
>>
>>100167400
He should just go to neetcode's playlists page, start with the leetcode EASYs playlist and then work his way up from there. If he has even half a brain capable of pattern recognition, he should be good. Neetcode's videos are very modular and standalone: he identifies the problem and pitfalls, describes the logic (including with names of the algorithms etc), and then codes it up. Anyone having trouble learning from him is either ESL, shouldn't be in the field, or maybe both.
>>
>>100167464
You were supposed to buy a house after saving enough
>>
>>100167464
I would do that too but a gap in employment can be surprisingly limiting when you want to work again (at least I've heard)
>>
>>100167486
>buy a house
>buy
>2024
>>
>>100167482
I think it's worth learning basic stuff in C just about pointers so you can understand why the data structure has the performance it does, but yeah you can just do it this way as well. Not saying go become a C god maybe just make a linked list or binary tree
>>
>>100167496
Mortgage
>>
File: 1682998156830976.png (178 KB, 576x440)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>100167524
>get a mortgage
>quit job
>???
>>
>>100167486
lol, buying a house right now and never end paying the lend, no thanks shekelstein foreskinberg, btw... i'm also boycotting Israel
>>
>>100167486
Tying yourself to one location when you don't have a family to support and have credentials that let your work basically anywhere isn't smart in my opinion.
>>
I am buying a home with cash only way to keep jews from breathing down your neck
>>
>>100167638
currency + housing will inflate faster than you can save just lock in the current rate and refinance down the line if you want a house
>>
File: 1688426994253357.jpg (70 KB, 506x432)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>100167671
please let me save up money and buy a house with cash like my grandparents did
>>
>>100167671
Im not buying now im buying when jews jew too hard and crash the market again
>>
>>100167684
>repeating the same mistake twice in a way any goyim would be allowed to benefit
>>
>>100167029
Or become a hypermasculine bear man and have lots of gay sex
>>
>>100167115
What do you guys even do? Seems like you're all counting beans at this point.
>>
File: network.png (2.87 MB, 1080x1073)
2.87 MB
2.87 MB PNG
i don't get it
>>
>>100167743
not pictured: "security", the culprit
>>
File: 1713134457738582.jpg (236 KB, 720x720)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>100167707
I run all of our incident response, vulnerability scans/remediation, user training and awareness, phishing, etc for like 10 of our fucking clients and we're a 2 man team
I also do all our internal security shit too.
>>
>>100167693
When you have youtube uni data scientists trying to flip homes with ai who knows what fucked up shit can happen. Like you said the market is going up faster than anyone earns. Eventually people will stop buying homes and the bubble pops. Trades are taking off again and hopefully they churn out homes faster than (((blackrock))) buys them and they fail to corner the market and turn us all into rent peasants.
>>
the real answer is jobs in the public sector. I get paid 90k plus benefits to do maybe 3-4 hours of work a day. The rest of the time I'm just browsing or researching hobbies. Nobody knows the difference and there's no profit on the line so management is chill as fuck too.
>>
me and my trans gf work in tech and he sucks my cock 10 minutes before my daily standup, after that I do my daily 30 minutes of work then do a cornucopia of various substances before working on side projects to increase my skillset so I can get a better job thanks linuxxx!!!
>>
File: 1704308506858083.jpg (3 KB, 200x194)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
i'm so tired
>>
Big Tech niggers are some of the biggest proponents of mass immigration and H1B visa abuse, and regularly lobby and donate money to politicians that are in favor of the same policies. How do we stop them?
>>
i should have just stuck to producing music. zero headaches and at least i would be making a fat $400 at the month
>>
>get message from boss
>"anon, i dont like how you arent giving your workload to new team member"
>"i am still working on training new team member on all the things i handle"
>"still try to give him your workload"
>"let's hop on a video meeting so i can hear your ideas for this"
>boss finds an excuse for why he cant have a video meeting with me, and stops messaging me about it
ok then
>>
>>100166997
you're a fag OP
>>
>>100167963
just give the guy work, it took me ages to learn this, just give him work and let him fall on his face
>>
File: 1584199871361.png (8 KB, 233x217)
8 KB
8 KB PNG
>>100167169
>WAHHHH COMPANY ISN'T LOYAL TO ME, IT'S NOT FAIR WAAAAAAA

Maybe you should start your own company, then you could value loyalty more :)
>>
>>100167939
Anyone who didnt get laid off is too well paid and complacent to unionize so literally nothing. Some are jeets. The other jeets are scabs who work for nothing. There is no way to fight this in america except reskill to another career that isnt full of imported third world wageslaves.
>>
>>100167464
>no pussy, no house, no work.
dangerously based anon. even better if you can find a way to get on disability and mooch.

no pussy, no kids, no worky :)
>>
>>100167963
anon... your boss is trying to replace you...
>>
>>100167976
i am still working on training him on a lot of things. i have been throwing him the things he can probably handle, but the problem is that i have a significantly more access than he does. getting him access to a lot of those things will be like pulling teeth for each thing. i have been trying to let him fall on his face with several things so he will learn, but this almost always leads to the other people in my department just coming to me asking why it was done wrong. i assume they think i am at fault, and think i need to fix it asap. they even bitch to my boss like they think this should be the case. i keep getting emails where people keep saying that his mistakes are my fault but it isnt my fault he isnt remembering how to do everything exactly how i tell him. he will get better with time, but they are expecting results too quickly
>>
>>100168007
i am specifically not training him on some of the more complex systems i handle, and i am not telling my boss that. i want there to be a major hole if i leave. i also havent written any documentation on any of this shit i had to figure out without documentation ANYWHERE for it. i am trying to train him on a lot of the more basic things so he can still do a lot of the daily work.
>>
>>100167939
set fires to all data centers. blow up all data centers. send drone strikes to data centers. cut every wire you see. delete all your data right now on the cloud and keep it local
>>
>>100167705
sex is overrated, popularly
>>
>>100167115
>is there any reason I shouldn't just try to jump ship at this point?
How long will that last?
I would start interviewing, just to make sure that you can find a new job if you have to and to know your own market value. If you struggle to find a new job, then alarm bells should be ringing. If you can easily find a job that pays the same or better, then there is not much to worry about and you just do whatever you feel like.
For me, our company is going to go under in a year or two, so I am interviewing now so that I have good time to find a job that pays well.
>>
>>100168007
bosses are always trying to replace us, specially the software developers
>>
>>100167812
Public sector jobs are really underrated. But in terms of tech, there is great earning potential that isn't public sector so maybe not so underrated for tech.
>>
>>100168097
>But in terms of tech, there is great earning potential that isn't public sector so maybe not so underrated for tech.
i think i would kill a man to get a boring legacy java job
>>
>>100167939
>>100167992
It's almost like profiteering of any degree leaves people devoid of happiness to the same extent it is engaged in. (This is actually the case)
>>
File: 1683815967029723.png (98 KB, 311x269)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
I'm so glad I have the sort of autism where I'm really good with oddly specific computer related tasks and not the sort of autism where I'm like really into some weird hobby or something
>>
File: UncleTed.png (3 KB, 508x46)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>
>>100168307
what it job
>>
what fuels you, /twg/?
>>
File: images.jpg (30 KB, 300x168)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
sirs i have most important question

Am i supposed to inflated my jira hours? My company takes this stupid metric very seriously and send a dashboard report 2 times a week ranking employees. Ive noticed that logging 8 hours/day will make me bottom list and also im doubt everyone is doing extra time everyday. i bet they batantly lie, like the guy summing up almost 200h/month. Should i do the same?
>>
>>100168471
Emancipate myself from wagenigger bullshit by having income dependent on customers, not an employer or clients.
Own property.
Enough income to put 5 kids through school and handle medical bills or better yet move to europe where they gibs you dat fo free nigga.
>>
>>100168471
Pure unadulterated rage
>>
Diagnosing Docker issues is a bitch
>>
>>100168471
Knowing there's a non-zero chance that life would get better tomorrow.
>>
File: 1702869109835290.jpg (128 KB, 936x924)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
I wish it weren't over, I don't want to keep going like this.
>>
>>100168495
Can anyone call you out on it?
If yes, no.
If no, yes.
>>
>>100168580
"Cloud computing" is nothing more than made-up complexity by devops trying to keep their jobs.
If it were made 30 years ago it'd have 1% of the complexity and a lot more uptime.
>>
>>100168372
Samsung Engineer.
>>
File: 1706116945450069.png (32 KB, 414x391)
32 KB
32 KB PNG
>>100167963
>give junior some workload, he fails and you get a low review score
>don't give junior workload, boomer boss gets pissy and gives you a low review score
Thank god I'm not you.
>>
>>100167115
lmfao it's actually over
hang around and collect your severance, time to start networking
>>
>>100167115
That company is done. Since you'll get fired soon anyway, what's the name?
>>
>N-NOOOOO unemployed /twg/ fags can't start their own company together and add it to their resumes because.. b-because they can't okay!!!
(insert basedjack image)
>>
>>100166997
if I have 1 previous internship and 1 job (that I left early), should I still care about muh portfolio projects and shit like that? I plan to make small games just to say I know C++ in addition to webshit, or a small """AI""" project to add the new meme buzzwords. Does this matter at this point or should I focus mostly on grinding leetcode? I am about to graduate finally after severe illness and I have nothing coming up.
I know you guys are tired from questions from juniors but please do the needful sirs. I have no mentor, no smart friends, no network, no one to ask.
>>
>>100168842
is it really worth getting a layoff severance and having a firing on your resume compared to just job hopping/
>>
Anyone else too autistic and anxious to leave their company they've been at since graduation? I went from like $50k to $115k but I know I could've gotten more if I left but I'm too retarded to leave
>>
>>100168912
what are you some kind of faggot? skill issue

i leave jobs in and out whenever i please
>>
>>100168932
I do almost 0 work right now, so the reward/work ratio is extremely high

I could hop jobs for more money, but then I'd have to actually work and the ratio would plummet.
>>
>be applying for basically any and all data science/analyst jobs to get experience
>almost all of the ones on linkedin have 100+ applicants despite being 1 hour old
Do Indians just spam their applications on everything or something? It's a bit demoralizing, knowing that my application is gonna get drowned out by thousands of others who will work for $1/hour as long as they get a visa.
>>
>>100166997
Some roastie complained to hr that I go barefoot around the office.
What a bitch.

Anyways post hr stories. Ignore the unemployed poor souls.
>>
File: 1684361163795047.gif (999 KB, 320x240)
999 KB
999 KB GIF
>>100168968
yes. It fucks over the recruiters because they have to sift through 1000 irrelevant retarded resumes to get to a single good one.
It fucks over applicants because they have to be noticed by tired recruiters sifting through a giant stack of shit.

They're winning.
>>
>>100168471

my big penis
>>
>>100168471
hope that the misery will end before I die
>>
File: bill.png (203 KB, 379x436)
203 KB
203 KB PNG
>recruiter DMs me about a job I might be a fit for
>reply back that I'm interested and want to know more
>ghosted
what's even the point anymore
>>
>>100168092
And software devs guard their job by keeping juniors in the dark.
>>
>work slowing down since all the project work is over
>economy is just getting worse and worse every day
I'm ready for a huge downturn and getting laid off
>>
>>100167070
Are you me?
27 yr old, working with basic ass C++, did a CS bachelors degree from generic university, cant do easy leetcode, 4yoe
>>
>>100167108
>how do I get meth
You genuinely do not need it.
You need to dopamine detox for a full month.
>>
>>100168932
Job hunting in general is really stressful on top of already working
>>
>>100169047
nah, that's the software arquitect job
>>
>>100168988
Is there any way to circumvent this? Such as telling a recruiter I'm not a pajeet bot? Been thinking about hitting some career fairs just to do that.
>>
>>100168932
Sounds like they like you why leave?
Rare case where it might be a good idea to stay.
>>
>>100168124
I don't even program, it's an IT job. I "manage" servers and storage i.e. I do nothing at all aside from work I make up to look at least kind of busy, because everything keeps working on its own. I have no deadlines, no reports, no evaluations, not even any explicit directions from anybody.
>>
>>100169210
lucky man
>>
File: 1714018879114.jpg (57 KB, 695x856)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>100168932
Yeah I can’t get myself to update my resume for some reason
>>
>project presentation
>participants
>project manager: boss of area (non tech)
>scrum master: non tech
>provider: more non tech intermediary
>software arquitect: some aws dude, he don't know how to code
>developer: 1 dude
How often does this happen at your company?
>>
>>100169296
*by provider i mean supplier
>>
File: hr hire.jpg (113 KB, 1080x1022)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
I got accepted for a second round technical interview, I can take it either in Friday or Monday, what day should I pick? I think picking Monday would signal insecurity because I'd be asking for more time to study. It's not much what I have to study for the interview, easily doable in a day.
>>
>>100169296
Often. Kek. I'm often that one dev, been this way since uni's thesis.
>>
>>100169155
>Been thinking about hitting some career fairs just to do that
afaik this and luck are literally the only ways. And referrals.
>>
>>100169317
worse part is that software arquitect solution is a mess
>>
>>100168007
>anon... your boss is trying to replace you...
Jokes on him, it is me who is trying to replace my boss.
>>
>>100169296
For me it's the entire 15 man team every time, we barely know each other's individual projects and don't work together, barely listening to each other, talking about our work to one (1) non-technical stakeholder who takes notes and nods (doesn't understand shit). We go back to "work", and they badly regurgitate our efforts to their non-technical boss, who nods along (doesn't understand shit).
>>
>>100168471
I was unemployed for nearly a year and it was existentially horrible. I don't want to experience that again.
>>
Accenture fucking sucks jeet dick lmao
Only there as it was a way to get into the career post grad
>>
>>100169316
nobody is reading "signals," you were given two options. pick the one where you will perform the best. they aren't going to go "he was so good but his bitch ass picked Monday and we only want big dick energy on this team"
>>
>>100168372
Technical Sales Engineer
>>
Thoughts?
>>
>>100169534
every ui change spotify has ever made was a downgrade
>>
I never went to college. I worked bullshit grocery store jobs and stuff until I was 24. Then I got a tech job. I continued working tech jobs until recently, where I got to $100k a year. As soon as I hit $100k/yr, I put in my 2 weeks notice. Now im living off savings and moving back home.

Heres my advice:

go to school. experience will never make up for your lack of a degree

dont live by yourself unless its just like a proof of concept, to discover yourself, if you really have to for a job, etc. stay with your parents as long as theyll let you, but, pay them rent. if you treat your parents poorly, try to stop. I realize sometimes parents beat their kids or whatever, but unless they are really that bad, try to mend things with them. It is vvery important for happiness in life. Plus, the amount of money you save is enormous. If you figure you save $500/mo, an extremely conservative number, thats $60,000 over 10 years. I think Id have saved closer to $100k if I always lived with room mates. Keep in mind, having your parents as a room mate means whatever money they save will get passed down to you one day. A cold way to think, just trying to appeal to people who only decide things based on math

Get in a house as soon as possible, dont give money to a landlord

staying at a job for 2-3 years is best if you are not completely satisfied. you should always be looking for jobs that are an improvement over your current one, but you shouldnt make a habit of leaving before 2 years. that said, if you can tell a job is clearly not for you, and its interfering with your safety or mental health, absolutely leave as soon as possible. do not worry that a job or couple are a year or less.

if youre worried about what females will think of you for living with your parents, just get women from a 3rd world country. most of them appreciate guys who are close with their family, as opposed to the retarded american custom of rebelling and/or distancing from their parents
>>
File: sp.jpg (53 KB, 1354x784)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>100169534
>>
How do I go from developer to manager?
>>
HackerNews is basically Reddit lite
>>
>>100169657
Quit your current job and apply for a manager role somewhere. Forget about promotions and all that bullshit unironically.
>>
>>100169196
>Rare case where it might be a good idea to stay.
lol lmao

>Sounds like they like you why leave?
You'll regret it after you're laid off
>>
>>100169735
>Forget about promotions and all that bullshit unironically.
I think I got weeded out of an interview process over this.
I applied to a job that in my mind looked like a slam dunk. Thought they'd suck me off behind the dumpster with my credentials in comparison to what they were asking for and I think what fucked me was when I was asked "where would you like to be in 5 years?" I answered with management.
>>
>>100169578
Wise and based.
>>
File: Catto.jpg (128 KB, 1024x1024)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>Be Electrician
>Working at some tech place fixing some awful fucked up wiring that was 100% going to cause a fire
>Come back 1/2 a month later
>literally everyone but 9 people are gone out of like 40
>Overhear what the fuck is going on
>Virtually everyone laid off
>Ask some dude getting coffee whats going on
>He looks like death
>Doesn't say a word

>Other job
>Working a contract on a small office thats a tech startup
>Abrupt cancelation of contract
>Boss told me it's because they went broke

Is it THAT bad?
>>
>>100169756
This has been my experience:
>Boss I want a raise
>Budget is tight anon let's see what I can do
>Good news Anon! We can group you one bracket higher. Your new gross salary is.... 200 bucks more per month
>Thanks boss! (Ok fuck this shit)
>Start looking for a new job and get one
>Instant +30% on my salary

The first company who'll learn to consistently reward competent/promising employees might make trillions, but I guess that day will never come kek
>>
>>100169798
>Is it THAT bad?
I unironically wish I went straight into being an apprentice electrician instead of going to college.
I'd be a journeyman working on PLCs coding in C right now. Instead I'm unemployed and drink to go to sleep.
>>
What's something I can learn that is in high demand right now in this dying industry?
I imagine it has to be something TRULY retarded and difficut
something that can help me get a job with no experience
>>
>>100169039
>recruiter DMs me about a job I might be a fit for
>reply back that I'm interested and want to know more like the salary range
>he wants to set up a call
>I reply I'm not setting time aside until he discloses the salary range as he's legally required to do
>ghosted
>reported them to the state

>>100169798
yes
>>
>>100169820
I saw one guy go from mid level to lead in 2 years at my place. Unfortunately I'm not as smart as him
>>
>>100169756
That doesnt control for all the people who quit because they arent getting promoted. If youve all ready been promoted and its a short time frame since you were then you are moving up. Only you can judge if the people like you and value your skills though. Dont make prejudicial judgements with stats when the reality is right in front of you.
>>
I'm so desperate I just bought Azure courses on Udemy since they're on sale. Spent like $60 for courses on AZ-900, 104, and 500.
I have become the Pajeet.
>>
How is the embedded/hardware market for new electrical/computer engineers?

Looking at getting into verification for ASIC, maybe get into FPGA verification.
>>
>>100169756
I'd rather earn a little less and only have instability in my life during recessions, instead of earning a little more and having to move around every fucking year. Do you job hoppers not get tired? how do you have the energy to be continuously in the interview grind? this only my third time job seeking and I want to kill myself.
>>
>>100169944
$60 is nothing. The "official" courses from companies can be hundreds or even thousands of dollars. I'd say it's worth it
>>
>>100169999
nice quads.
yeah I know. it's just kinda shit that I'm dropping money on courses with the hopes of maybe betting a cert at best and having something to say to a recruiter for what I've been doing while unemployed at worst. even if I manage to pull an AZ-500 out of my ass I still have no work experience with Azure so it's meh I guess.
>>
>failed a tech screen
>no idea what I did wrong
Yeah it's over bros...
>>
>>100170106
what did you do wrong
>>
>>100169578
Nice post
>>
>>100170106
that's the worst part about the process
you will never know what you did wrong because the company will just ghost you or tell you to fuck off
>>
>>100169834
how long you been unemployed

>>100169852
how bad is it
>>
>>100170176
coming up on 3 months after getting laid off from a GRC position. what's fucked about GRC is that since it's nontechnical I can't land an interview for any technical positions at all so I'm pigeonholed into GRC and once again because it's nontechnical companies are picky about who they hire because it's just HR and the hiring manager deciding if they "feel" like you fit into their team and environment.
It's so fucking dogshit to explain to a recruiter that I maintained an entire risk library and risk register for a company by myself while also working cross functionally with privacy and quality departments to help them and I can't even move on in the interview process.
>>
File: average_g_user.jpg (140 KB, 1010x572)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>100169984
>a little more
$30-50,000 extra isn't what I'd call a little... boys I believe we have detected a helpdesk lifer
>>
>>100170111
No clue. I solved it with 15 minutes left, I'm sure my solution worked, and I walked through test cases that gave 100% coverage. I missed an edge case when I typed out my initial solution, but fixed it before I compiled and ran it so I doubt they knocked off points for that.

>>100170122
That's pretty new - when I was looking 6 years ago I got rejected twice and when I requested feedback they both happily responded. This time around, I've been rejected twice at the supposed final phase and have been ghosted each time when I asked for feedback. It's frustrating but I just assume it's something they can't tell me, like "the other candidate asked for less" or "we gave it to an internal transfer and never intended to hire you in the first place."
>>
>>100170211
You need to be more vocal about that. Make sure those words are on your linkedin and resume. Write a couple medium articles about it and link them in your resume
>>
>>100169578
cool post but I'm relatively /fit/ and handsome so I want to spend some time smashing hoes. I need to get out of my parents' place asap
>>
>>100170122
It would cost them hardly any time or money to send you a written version of answers you got wrong via email
>>
>>100170244
I can try that but I also think recruiters are essentially bait and switching when it comes to an interview.
I interviewed for a GRC role for a company and absolutely no where on the job posting did it mention ISO 27001, during the interview the recruiter asked me if I had experience with ISO 27001 compliance. I explained that all the controls at the company are in accordance with ISO 27001 and that the company got ISO certified before I even started there. She sounded disappointed and quickly changed the subject.
I am a bit disgruntled that I apply to a job looking for a risk monkey just to end up interviewing for a job looking for someone who can be an ISO consultant on the cheap.
>>
>>100170294
This is the job market in action. This is what happens when low bargaining power wagecucks try to finagle a job out of people who dont give a shit. They dont have to lift a finger for you to come to them so they give 0 fucks about how much they inconvenience you or even kill you when people end up some shanked tent hobo with no healthcare to cover his shank wounds.
>>
>take home exam is an entire system that I should be paid for
>complete it
>post it on my github
>dont contact them back
>write it on my resume under the projects section
>>
>>100169911
Getting hired at middle of your level's pay scale or one level higher is almost always better than being promoted into the bottom of the next level, at least until you're far into your career where every high level position is internal transfers.

>>100169984
>only have instability in my life during recessions
Technically we're not even in a recession yet look at things. Nobody says to move every year, which can also look bad, but if you've only been at one company don't fucking give them your loyalty where it can hurt you.
>>
>>100170513

based
>>
>>100168471
not going back to poverty ever again
on the other hand, I'm not even sure I care anymore. maybe I should spend all my money doing random shit and then just kill myself. I fucking hate this life, having to do shit I don't want to do for money.
I'm too old to enjoy long sessions of sex, and never had it as a teenager. I'd also love to do scientific/engineering research, but I feel like my mental capabilities have worsened in the last 3 years or so, mostly because my job isn't challenging at all and don't really have much to do... I feel like I fucked in life up and can't respawn. FML.
>>
>>100170513
>github
>microsoft steal it with their AI model
>interviewing company can't find candidate, instead proompts
>your solution is copy-pasta'd into their repo
nothing personnel
>>
>>100167115
I would first just talk to the boss. Tell him how you're driven, goal-oriented and willing to invest into the company, but explain your frustrations. At the end give him a strong handshake.
>>
>>100167115
>s there any reason I shouldn't just try to jump ship at this point?
if they lay you off, you can collect unemployment and get paid to do nothing for a few months
>>
>>100170719
>can't find candidate
ENTER
Vishnu
>>
>>100170225
I'm not, I'm a dev and I did go to college, I'm just so fucking tired, and too much of a dumb, nervous pussy for the interview grind. I might end up in a similar complacent retard role sooner or later if I don't grow a pair 2bqh
>>
File: 1713936151143275.png (793 KB, 490x1220)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
Why did this general die?
>>
>>100171507
opened this thread for the first time and it just looks like a bunch of doomposting and/or shitposting so probably that
>>
>>100168623
The motto of mankind.
>>
File: 1713670244405161.webm (870 KB, 480x852)
870 KB
870 KB WEBM
>>100171606
shut up faggot you post here. stop gas lighting me.
>>
>>100171703
no i am serious
>>
>3 hours of sleep
>about to start working
brehs... im gonna die...
>>
Can I call myself having a "tech" job if I'm in charge of an entire SaaS platform for a large corporation and do all admin stuff for it? I'm not even technically in IT lmao but I would want to eventually move there.
>>
>>100171937
No, you're a tech janny
>>
>>100171907
>0 hours of sleep
>about to start hiking
The NEET life wins yet again
>>
I'm a bit disappointed with this company. I've only gotten 2-3% yearly rises these last two years, even when I've kept my deparment literally only over my shoulder for a significant part of that time. No plans or promotions or anything.

The thing is, it's the company that gave me the best salary by far (140€k in euroland), I've looked into switching jobs but the other offers are half of that at best. Have I peaked? Isn't it possible to improve this further?
>>
File: 1712774198259435.jpg (33 KB, 497x722)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
humiliation ritual.
>>
>>100172047
>140k
>In euroland
Yes, you have peaked. Stop complaining you greedy fuck and if fucking 140k is not enough then go to burgerland or something you whiner
>>
>>100171937
>admin stuff
So you're a secretary. No, that's not a tech job. That's like the janitor at a police station trying to claim he's a cop
>>
>>100172047
How much of that money are you putting away? Endlessly grinding for a higher salary doesn't make sense if you've already got more money than you know what to do with.
>>
>>100169984
The problem with this logic is that I'm not sure frequently switching jobs actually adds instability to your life in an appreciable way.
I've been at my first job for 2 years and it's atrophying my skills, I'm no longer confident I could easily switch jobs
It might be easier to just always be maintaining the skillset required to job hunt, that way you never worry about if you're going to get laid off
>>
>>100172183
The thing is, I don't even have that much saved, I'm using everything to finish a mortage quickly for my current home (hopefully liquidated next month) and I also want to build a house at some point. With this salary I still need to wait like 2-3 years for that, which isn't much, but I don't believe my company will last past this year unfortunately.
>>
>>100172209
>I'm using everything to finish a mortage quickly for my current home (hopefully liquidated next month)
It's probably more important to have like 1 years expenses banked/invest in liquid than it is to pay down your mortgage fast, unless you have a very high interest rate
>>
>>100172162
by admin I mean I literally run the whole thing
I manage the data, configuration, design user workflows, manage licenses and basically do everything that anyone in charge of a piece of software does and you say i'm a secretary?
>>
>>100172255
You're not even that, you're a janny. A janitor
>>
>>100172255
Yes, those are all secretarial duties. You sound very cute and organized, and I bet you make a mean pot of coffee. Keep up the good work!
Now get back to it, those boxes aren't going to tick themselves
>>
>>100172255
>manage the data,
Data entry is secretary work
>configuration,
Setting up is secretary work
>design user workflows,
Task planning is secretary work
>manage licenses
Do I really need to say it?
>basically do everything that anyone in charge of a piece of software does
So you make coffee then
>>
>>100171937
>Can I call myself having a "tech" job
Why would you want to
>>
>>100171937
No honestly. You're a user. Just because you moderate the program for other users doesn't mean that you've done anything tech related.
You calling yourself a tech worker would be like the jannies of this website calling themselves web developers.
>>
Anyone have social anxiety? Whenever I have upcoming meetings with new people I have to shit all day it's so fucking annoying.
>>
>>100172975
I have GAD, I am anxious all day long and never 'feel right' it's exhausting. I refuse to take any pills though, I'm convinced that'll make it worse long term so I just deal with it. Want to trade?
>>
>>100172975
>Anyone have social anxiety?
Yes, but weirdly enough only in non-job related situations.
For job-related stuff I just try to come across as confident when I'm speaking and polite in anything else
>>
>>100172975
>>100172993
Anxiety isn't real.
If you live a clean and disciplined life, you'll see your fake mental disorders dissolve away.
>>
>>100173055
having to shit 5 times in a day before a meeting is real
>>
>>100173109
You just need to stop eating junk "food" that's pumped with estrogen, sugar, and antibiotics. It's not hard.
You remain ill because that's what you want.
>>
>>100172047
To improve further you need to be a contractor with an US company. You already peaked as an employee in EU.
>>
>>100169834
>I'd be a journeyman working on PLCs coding in C right now

sorry but you don't code PLCs in C, unless you are literally working for the PLC manufacturer itself.

t. controls engineer
>>
How weird is it to be looking for a junior position job at 5 YoE?
>>
File: file.png (15 KB, 274x131)
15 KB
15 KB PNG
beast of a job opportunity guys
>>
Frens where can I torrent educational content from? I need a crash course on old racnher, no idea where to look.
>>
File: pepe-disappointed.gif (45 KB, 306x306)
45 KB
45 KB GIF
>team pronounces latency like latin + see (like the language)
>>
>>100173464
huh I didn't know that's incorrect
>>
>>100173439
*gets undercut by pajeets willing to work for $0.50 an hour*
>>
>>100172975
I thought I had this shit then within a month of working in a normie office it mostly disappeared and was probably a result of just being a shut-in neet
>>
>>100173436
Not crazy if it's a pivot into a new stack or role. If you willingly take a downgrade on a role you've got expertise in, you're fucking your entire career in the ass.
>>
>>100173464
Sounds like jeets I hate the way the pronounce everything their dialect is the equivalent of nails on a chalkboard
>>
File: 1671631558856892.png (44 KB, 1000x800)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
I'm about to get a earful for being 3 days behind schedule, I spent them browsing 4chan and fapping instead of working
>>
>>100174222
Was it worth it?
>>
>>100166997
I am a Web Dev looking to transition into System Development, should I learn Go or Rust?
>>
Quit your dead end job and do something worthwhile
>>
>>100174234
No, the fapping didn't even feel that good and I got baited into arguing with retards and wasted my time
>>
File: NlQn4X7g.jpg (44 KB, 728x703)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
Just completed the Andrew Ng ML course on coursera. Was paid by the company so I even got the fancy certificate.
Is it cringe to put it on Linkedin?
>>
>>100174299
Linkedin is cringe so it'd be right where it belongs.
>>
File: abc.gif (2.26 MB, 260x203)
2.26 MB
2.26 MB GIF
>>100174222
I'm like 4 months behind by now. I haven't done anything this year
>>
>>100174286
> the fapping didn't even feel that good
You gotta up your game my friend.
Is the porn you're watching extreme enough?
Maybe add a little danger element like jerking during a meeting with the mouse hovering over the "turn on cam" button.
>>
>worked at job for 7 years
>worked my way up to IT
>did helpdesk for 1 year
>promoted to IT Manager
>managed a team of 2.
>one idiot gets fired
>several years later -- the last one gets himself fired
>doing 2 peoples job plus managing the department.
>get reviewed last october -- glowing review
>ask for a discussion about a raise
>oh uh we have to wait until year end financials close
>when is that?
>jan 16th
HUH?

>jan 16th comes and goes
>I ask for a discussion again
>anon, we are working on budget for the year
>feb goes by (this is when my last employee got himself fired)
>ask for discussion again
>e-mails literally ignored about it
>...
>april 1st
>Anon! We got approval for a raise for you!
>2% merit raise
You're joking, right? I dont even get to discuss this? I just have to accept the 2%? Fuck this company.
Meanwhile, hired an AR clerk for 75k which is more than I make.
>>
>>100168517
>taking your kids to europe

maybe if you move to some extremely high HDI area without towelheads
>>
>>100174460
lmao he waited 4 months like a good doggie
>>
>>100172047
>I've only gotten 2-3% yearly rises these last two years
so your salary actually fell in real terms, by some 20% I'd guess

>140€k in euroland
hmm, is that enough for you though?

>>100173193
>you only have to shit if you eat junk
retard

>>100174460
kek
>>
>>100174460
You've got only yourself to blame.
People often forget being a manager is a non-technical role.
You should've either
A) Built up soft power and brown nosed the bosses to get a taste of the "trickle down", while slashing salaries for anyone below you
B) Done such a massive fuckup that costs the company millions and blame your manager so you take their job
If at any point of your career as a manager, you find that you are doing more work than political scheming, you have fucked up.
>>
>>100174474
>>100174537
>>100174548
But am I wrong for feeling this way? I obviously am looking but this is bullshit, right?
>>
>>100174460
>>100174590
>>doing 2 peoples job plus managing the department.
I think you should've started considering changing jobs around this point. According to your story you're at your 4th wake-up call right now.
>>
I am so tired of being asked to do something by someone who has no idea what they are talking about half of the tasks I am asked to do are delegated from some lazy fuck who can't be bothered to specify basic information
>>
>>100174537
to some extent yes, purchasing power of euro has gone down significantly over the years. To be fair if they increased my salary 20% I would be close to what VP's get, that doesn't make much sense either.

140k€ is more than plenty, as long as that's the absolute peak someone can reach without more networking and getting into important management positions (those suck desu)
>>
>>100174590
Yes, you're wrong for feeling like you deserve more when you've been a complacent cuck the entire time.
If you don't learn how to advocate for your own goals then it will just happen again.
There's no good boy points in a corporation. You have to be assertive.
>>
>>100174590
>But am I wrong for feeling this way?
are you retarded? as the other anons said, you should have either left a long time ago OR played the political game and fucked them all in the ass. instead, you decided to do nothing, let them exploit you as much as they could for the same pay and are now crying about it all.
go tell them you won't accept working 3 roles for the same pay, or simply get another job. don't even give them a notice if you leave.
>>
>”learn webdev for a job in tech”
>”all you need is mern”
>”congrats you’re hired, your job is to maintain php code somebody wrote 30 years ago”
why did nobody tell me this is the reality of webshitting
>>
>>100174712
otherwise you wouldn't pursue this career
>>
>>100166997
There is this one dude I follow who left his 6 figure job to follow his dream of becoming a youtuber and after 6 months he made a video talking about struggling and meaning of life while he was picking up doordash orders. I don't understand people man.
>>
>>100174792
>a video talking about struggling and meaning of life
isn't that what we all here think about everyday?
>>
>>100174631
>>100174698
>>100174711
How would I brown nose Upper Management? My boss is already doing that. She has the ear of the President and all of her friends are in high management positions. If I would dare try to do what you're saying, this would get back to her and she'd definitely fire me.
The agenda at this company has been to "never let IT be allowed to get to the position that it was previously" due to two females who worked at the company in 2018 filed lawsuits for discrimination and unfair promotions. They won the lawsuit but were fired during the lawsuit. One was VP of Finance/Controller and one was IT Manager.
The VP of Ops at the time said he would never allow IT to get to the imporance/power that it previously had. I had overheard this from him shortly after being IT Manager. He then hired a woman who previously worked at the company to come back and help as a project manager for our ERP.
She was then placed on top of IT without my knowledge and I was suddenly reporting to her.
The last 3 years, she was being groomed for the VP of Ops position. In 3 years she has been given 4 promotions. (Project manager -> "whatever" over IT -> VP of Operations -> COO as of a few months ago.)
There was no way for me to play politics with Upper Management because she had all of their ears.
>>
Good morning wagiebros, another day in the grind. Only 40 more years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYodWEKCuGg
>>
>>100174792
people are delusional. I know I am, and so I have to prevent myself from making that kind of mistakes.

>>100174810
>She
anon...

in any case this helps, here's an argument you can give to them: inflation is at least 20% for the past 2 years. if they didn't give you a significant raise then you actually became poorer. not only that but you are now doing the job of multiple roles. that's practucally abuse.
>>
>>100174810
You're already defeated. If not de facto, for sure in spirit.
Clean up your resume and start applying for new jobs.
>>
>>100174805
yes but I think we're all rational enough to understand we aren't some movie protagonist that can make reckless decisions and still come up on top. If we are going to suffer, might as well be rich while doing so. At least prove you can make money on YT before leaving your job.
>>
this is why i change jobs every 9 - 12 months. keeps my salary competitive
>>
>>100174299
As cringe as courses are the andrew ng ml ones are pretty good and filter mathlets out of data science.
I wouldn’t put it on linkedin though, that’s jeet behavior
>>
File: file.png (85 KB, 298x475)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>offered a position of manager of software and development at a fucking slaughterhouse

would you take it?
>>
>leetcode test tracks how long you leave the browser tab
Why does it matter that you don't look up the correct answer when that's exactly what you're supposed to do on the job?
>>
>>100175053
Probably easier to manage cows than jeets.
>>
>>100175053
I'd ask how they view their IT department. If it's another department that is treated like a broom closet, pass.
>>
>>100175053
I would, love me some beef.
>>
>>100175060
GPT fear.
HR retards, too dumb to reason around AI, have gone this route of extreme fear. They're very very very scared of you sending the question to GPT and getting a response that works. And of course, instead of updating their questions database or even the methodology altogether, they just make these invasive spywares to "try to keep you honest".
With that being said, I hope there's a browser plugin that tells the leetcode tab you're still looking at it.
>>
>>100175053
IoT Slaughterhouse sounds like a cool gig
>>
>>100175053
probably not. i've never been to a slaughterhouse but i've been to a few stockyards and they're not places i'd really want to visit without a damn good reason. plus the users would be mean and dumb.
>>
>>100175131
I mean, I can still look up whatever I want on my phone if I really wanted to.
Not sure what's the point.
>>
>>100175258
That's why a lot of companies will have you record yourself doing the test these days.
>>
>>100175060
because i'm not asking you to do basic algorithms for a living, dumbass.
>>
File: 1714059449056.jpg (12 KB, 250x204)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
How goes? Frens?
>>
>>100175178
i'd probably stay at the offices mostly, doubt i'll ever be required to go down to the puttin down line

but i guess i'd need to do a few field visits from time to time, but that sounds actually really interesting
>>
>>100175410
Month 2 of onboarding. Laying in bed watching some vids
>>
File: GLoKgYLWcAEzTkz.jpg (68 KB, 680x629)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>100166997
Being a turdworlder is a paradox
If you're succesful, you'll get cope comments like "it's because his parents are rich."
And if you're not successful, you'll also get cope comments like "all that matters is making your parents happy bro"

The fuck is wrong with brownoids and their twisted filial piety
>>
>>100175410
Considering leaving tech and just robbing a bank or something.
>>
Is it normal to get recruiter messages in your work email?
>>
>>100175471
it's not. did you put your work email in linkedin or something?
>>
>>100175471
Only if your company passed your email around.
Chances are, middle managers found themselves bored and decided to fake-email everyone to see "who's loyal".
>>
Is it an EU thing that only absolute sociopathic smoothtalking retards get promoted into management? And they can amass failure after failure and nobody cares and they still get promoted?
>>
>>100175541
they literally don't have anybody else because good people leave for the US
>>
>>100175432
Nice
>>100175466
Kek
>>
>>100175480
>>100175489
I went to a conference last year, and I gave several companies my email there. Didn't give it to any recruiting companies, though.
The company and position both seem legitimate enough. The biggest red flag is that they would contact me via my work email at all, especially when it seems like the recruiter has seen my LinkedIn. Very strange.
>>
>>100168471
Lack of anything more meaningful in my life. Also, coffee.
>>
>>100168471
The hope that I'll eventually be able to get a low-effort decent-salary remote job + enough investments to raise my future kids on a farm, and dedicate my freetime to making web comics
>>
>>100175541
Nope. I work in US and I have managers who say they will do X, Y, and Z in stand up meetings and never do them. Then, they say they will do them during the next stand up meeting and wouldn't you know it, it's your fault for not managing them to get it done.
Lol.
>>
>>100176046
My experience working with American teams has always been great. In many ways, it's the opposite of what I'd expect: Americans are intelligent and polite while Europeans were 90% focused on office politics and 10% focused on getting anything done.
Even black Americans, my pre-opinion of whom were shaped by /pol/, surprised me by how upstanding they were.
>>
>>100166997
>boss puts you in a meeting where you don't say a word
This should be punishable by the death penalty. Being forced to sit around and listen to boomers be fucking retarded might be the cruelest form of torture imaginable.
>>
File: noncompetes banned.png (143 KB, 1279x911)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
FTC just banned non-compete agreements. Even existing ones.
Start your own company, Anon. You know you want to.

https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news/press-releases/2024/04/ftc-announces-rule-banning-noncompetes
>>
>>100176260
And what will my company provide?
>>
>>100167095
We've got automated self-driving lorries on the highways here. In 10 years most if not all warehouses will have the sensors and nav systems set up to allow the trucks to dock and un dock automatically.

There is no future for truck driving in developed nations.
>>
>>100168471
The possibility that a wife will land in my lap from the heavens above
>>
>>100176240
This reminded me of working with a few jeets in the company.
Every once in a while we'd have our 15min daily and, by the end of it, a jeet would say something like:
>well but I have a question, what if...
Then the whole team would spend like 3h in a pointless meeting where maybe one person would reply.
Wanna know how I got into online chess?
>>
>>100176292
Whatever you already do LOL
Just don't copy-paste your company's work because you'll get sued for IP infringement. Make some adjustments and sell it in a side business
>>
>>100167105
>job in France
He has to be exaggerating how hard it is right? I thought the French were based and barely work?
>>
>nothing to do today because crash dumps are corrupted and won’t be fixed until india wakes up
>secondary task is blocked pending reviews
>still need to stay on to answer emails and join meetings
what a purgatory
i can’t just fuck off to play games but there’s basically no reason for me to work today either
stuck here picking my nose
>>
>>100175471
I got a random email from some grad student pajeet with his resume attached. Immediately deleted it
>>
>>100176477
Why not just game while on meetings and answer emails on breaks?
>>
>>100171703
GIWTWM
>>
I work for a company doing something I think is okay but is not exactly exciting. My coworkers are unambitious and everything we deliver skirts the line between barely functional and not working at all. Suggestions for improvement are usually just shrugged off. The company is doing very well economically and treats me really great. I have a lot of freedom, and buying new equipment and stuff I barely even have to get approved, I just order it directly myself

It's pretty great, but soul crushing at the same time. Not sure what to feel.
>>
>>100176477
Use the time to learn something
>>
>>100167232
Yeah this. In college I tried this to cram, and I just ended up goofing around on youtube for 12 hours.
>>
>go out for my mid-day drive in my new huracan
>see a bunch of construction workers by a school
>one of them is fat, damn near obese, eating by himself in a corner while the others are laughing it up amongst themselves
>realize that would've been me if i got an IT degree instead of CS
>>
File: 1714067834598.jpg (63 KB, 322x306)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>Job posting says C/C++
>all technical assessment questions are in C++
I know I shouldn't be surprised. But it still pisses me off
>>
>>100177303
outside of /g/ nobody actually uses C m8
>>
>>100176477
Pretty sure you've posted this same story before. Job sounds chill and you're probably not alone in the industry dealing with this. Make the best of it!

>>100176891
Been there. Unironically study LeetCode and apply to jobs on the side. Wish I had done that while working my chill job before the startup ran out of money.
>>
>>100177303
>technical interview for internship many years ago
>only know C
>realize I need a map data type
>implement a hash with collision avoidance
>never knew maps were a first class data type
>get the job

I also tried doing a Google OA in C and was royally wrecked by time limit.
>>
>>100177320
I use C in my current job.
C++ is just shit. I don't understand why any company would unironically use C++ in embedded
>>
>11 more workdays until I go into vacation and start a new, higher paying job afterwards
Bros...
We're all gonna make it
>>
>>100177555
Same here brother
>>
I have jerked off while on the clock every day I've worked from home
>>
>>100177418
Why not C++?
Seems like it might be nice to use a few less macros and get a few more features, as long as there's a compiler that targets the platform.
In my company's C code we're using function pointers and structs as a messy facsimile of OOP, seems like C++ would help with that.
>>
>>100177685
I have gotten my dick sucked while on a teams call (glad we don't use cameras)
>>
File: wagmi.jpg (46 KB, 500x500)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>100177555
>>100177641
>just got an offer a few hours ago
>>
>>100175053
Sure why not, you're managing the software not the cows
>>
jews did 911
>>
>>100177694
It adds a boatload of runtime libs on top of already big libc
Very hard to debug
Goes directly against the way the hardware really works unless you only use the C subset, which at that point you get almost no benefits
C is clean, the standard is well known and much easier to understand, works well with asm. And I can't stress this enough, but it makes it possible to leverage linker magic to get around hardware limitations.
A little macro hackery is worth it
>>
>>100177883
Good to know, thanks Anon.
>>
>>100177883
There's a reason why God told Terry to build upon C
>>
>>100177555
DIGITS CONFIRM
>>
>interview for job
>answer a lot of the technology questions fine
>get to coding question section
>haven't done C# in a while so I'm a little rusty
>miss a couple syntactical questions (what's the difference between readonly and const; why are strings immutable in C#, which I kind of got right-ish)

Thought I was doing well but kind of dropped the ball on the C# questions
>>
are golang jobs fun?
>>
>>100178289
>are ... jobs fun?
no
>>
i think im chronically online. the amount of times i type in to go to /g/ is too much
>>
File: 6qudkspn0nv21.png (371 KB, 684x837)
371 KB
371 KB PNG
>>100176477
Remote work fixed this.
These types of days were the ones that made me 100% Risk of Rain 2.
>>
>>100178289
starting my golang gig in June will let you know
>>
File: charlie2.gif (1.98 MB, 320x235)
1.98 MB
1.98 MB GIF
>phone call with third party recruiter
>asks me about specific enterprise software that's not in the job description nor in my resume
>quickly ends the call when I say I haven't worked with it
>>
this thread is so weird, it's easily the fiercest crab bucket i've seen so far on this site despite most of its users being moderately successful
>>
File: dva crowd.webm (1.91 MB, 1056x1080)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB WEBM
scored an interview for a SOC analyst role
wish me luck
>>
File: 1672547507508138.png (341 KB, 657x527)
341 KB
341 KB PNG
I've been unemployed for almost 7 months now. At what point should I just put my side project (which is probably never going to get actual users or make any money) in my LinkedIn as my current position? It has a website, a twitter account, a github org, and everything, so it looks semi-real (though it's not incorporated). Also, what should my position be, since it's just me?
>>
Is a degree worth getting? Have an associates and have been working as a CRUD dev for two years. I'm in the USA. Not super interested in transitioning to ML/AI/Data Science gigs, going to be doing more aws stuff though.
>>
>>100178719
>At what point should I just put my side project (which is probably never going to get actual users or make any money) in my LinkedIn as my current position?
what happens if they ask to contact your employer? going to ask your friend to pretend to be HR?
>>
>>100178747
No I would just tell them it's currently a "startup" I'm working on, but it's not getting much traction so I'm looking for fulltime employment again
>>
>>100178659
These events make me believe there's some secret recruiter-only shitposting board where they post these humiliation rituals.
>>
> got an internship offer at a small company
> fill out all the paperwork
> "ok we will email you for onboarding a week before your starting date!"
> ff and starting date is in less than a week away
> no email
>>
Nearing end of week 2 of having two jobs. It feels sustainable so far.
>>
>>100169820
>200 bucks more per month
that's really good thoughever
>>
>>100178826
>200 bucks per month

that's like a 2-4% increase, that's shit
>>
>>100178719
Honestly, this is feasible if a) the website is professional enough and mimics a real company's site and b) you are confident enough during interviews
For position, just say whatever the role is lol. If you're applying for dev say you were the lead dev.
Good luck anon
>>
>>100178659
The job you applied for was never available.

Recruiters are scum
>>
>>100178811
You got played. HR roasties do this every day, they get their kicks from leading people on in this manner because they are usually too ugly to lead on any men sexually so this is second best for them and gives them a similar feeling of superiority over you.
>>
File: blame-silicon-life-01.jpg (312 KB, 1400x875)
312 KB
312 KB JPG
>>100178238
update: apparently they liked me enough to go on to round 3!
>>
>>100177883
You get templates, function overloading, type inference (this is getting added to C soon), better type safety.
>>
>>100167061
You're right, housing is a lot cheaper in countries full of niggers that burn eachother.
>>
>>100178811
Check in with them
>>
>>100178857
Eh... the website isn't that great actually. It isn't even mobile friendly (though the project doesn't work on mobile anyway). I guess I need to redesign the website... I hate doing web design...
(I'd link it, but I'd get doxed in a heartbeat)
>>
>>100179236
anon... that only happens in america and maybe in africa
>>
>>100178818
I'm about 2 years in. Extremely comfy, no problems at all juggling work or meetings. Accumulating fucktons of money
>>
>>100177418
What would you use?
>>
>>100179630
I'd use Go instead.
>>
File: g_1713885366636216.jpg (19 KB, 414x338)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>100167115
Take this word from me, anon, as I myself have been at a shitty startup and didn't survive the second round of layoffs: just quiet quit and start upskilling. Update your CV, start applying to positions you like and then get into shotgun apply mode if the situation gets even worse and you can see layoffs coming your way.
Working harder is only going to burn you out and that will affect your ability to earn money somewhere else. DO NOT BREAK FOR A COMPANY OWNED BY SOMEONE ELSE.
>>
File: g_1713792136358852.jpg (11 KB, 252x212)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>If you can easily find a job that pays the same or better, then there is not much to worry about and you just do whatever you feel like.
I wouldn't even consider "bad" if you can only find jobs that pay lower than what you had now. When I was laid off I took a 50% pay cut just so I had income, but kept applying and interviewing like crazy. Two months later I accepted a job with actually a 10% increase compared to the position I was laid off from.
But yeah, if you can't get ANY job at all, then that's extremely bad and requires a compete reassessment of your capabilities and current defects to correct course before it is too late.
>>
File: g_1700652395057176.gif (884 KB, 280x290)
884 KB
884 KB GIF
>Start at a new job
>Help everybody that request my help as SME and actually teach them how to do it themselves
>Fast forward one year
>Company freezing salary raises, not doing well
>mfw I'm still helping people, but I explain less and less how I do it so they still depend on me
Hate to be like that, but I don't want to be made redundant and this is the only strategy I think works well: be as obscure and esoteric as possible regarding the tech stack you own.
>>
>>100168471
Money and knowledge. Money is the reason I work, and hoarding as much as possible makes me feel safe from every financial problem I could face. Knowledge is the drive to get absorbed in reading and learning about tech and business for hours everyday and apply it daily.
>>
>>100179962
Nah you're supposed to jump on the next job for a raise, retard
>>
>>100168471
Breakroom Folger's brand coffee. It is is the white-collar worker vril
>>
>New guy is acting like he knows how our department works and is telling the other new guy bullshit
I'm tired of new hires always being know-it-alls.
>>
new thread when?
>>
pentester here. I'm starting to feel like shit every time I have a meeting with the team of people I work with (non-devs). I've done little work for a long time, and i'm starting to feel like shit because I don't know and never actually cared much about the internal procedures these people follow, and I am supposed to "self-manage". I've always just waited for people to contact me, do my job and send them a report. they re-org'd my area a while ago and now I feel like a noob for no knowing how shit is supposed to work...
>>
>>100180671
>>100180671
>>100180671
>>100180671
>>100180671

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.