[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Return there NOW edition

>Interviewing
Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

>Layoffs
https://layoffs.fyi/

>Helpful YouTube Channels
they're all grifters but here are some
https://www.youtube.com/@ContinuousDelivery
https://www.youtube.com/@tciproductions
https://www.youtube.com/@ZackFreedman
https://www.youtube.com/@TechLead
https://www.youtube.com/@ycombinator (if you're doing a startup)

Previous: >>100166997
>>
>>100180668
also, these meetings clearly show that I'm just not proactive at all...
what should I do? should I worry about this crap? I fucking hate managing stuff by myself.
>>
>>100180668
>>100180711
who cares, just take the money while you can get it. you aren't doing anything good for humanity either way you're just a parasite inside a parasite.
>>
>>100174654
You could get more in yuroland as a dev for an international company if you get really lucky. For all intents and purposes though €140k is basically peak yuro.
>>
>>100180744
well, that's what I've been doing so far
I'm a disorganized fucker, though, that's obvious to everyone who knows me.
>>
>>100179962
personally when i explain things to people they don't learn anything anyway, your job is probably secure regardless right until some paper pushing retard decides to axe you without any comprehension of the consequences
>>
File: 1597511150700.gif (290 KB, 400x400)
290 KB
290 KB GIF
>>100180711
I also am basically an island, but it's paradise. I technically have a superior but he's higher up and has too many directs. So I don't really report to anyone. Basically I do nothing, besides maybe reboot a server once in a while. Maybe once a week I'll answer a question on Slack, that's about it. 135k lol, life is good
>>
>>100180805
yeah, it's really great, but I've been worrying about this shit for a while ever since layoffs started. I don't do shit while my coworkers actually do a lot (or so it seems...)
>>
File: 1714084234956.jpg (42 KB, 566x564)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>100180805
Oh my
>>
Do you think overtime rules should apply to software engineers? It would be nice to get paid overtime, but I would worry that the employer would start tracking work hours and you can't get away with working less than 40 hours anymore
>>
>>100180987
i work for a defense contractor and have to charge my time weekly, i bill 40 no matter what i work and nobody's ever cared, even on weeks when i only log in for meetings at maybe 10 hours total
>>
>>100180987
No, just say you're not working more than 40 hours and they can suck your dick. If they don't like it they can fire you. Remember to claim the unemployment bucks so their UI rates go up.
>>
File: I 9.png (155 KB, 1013x954)
155 KB
155 KB PNG
are americans autistic?
this is obviously the work of an autist
also how are you supposed to fill this shit as a noncitizen, not in the us?
>>
>>100181449
Box 4 dumbass. Learn to read.
>>
>>100181449
that's like the same shit as every other bureaucratic form in any other country whatsoever
>>
Everyday programmers would say anything to make themselves feel so special to cope with how useless their jobs are
>>
>>100181449
learn to read
>>
File: 1699345824445559.jpg (424 KB, 1077x985)
424 KB
424 KB JPG
>remote
>been ready to buy a house for years
>can't afford one in an expensive area
>can't buy one in an affordable area because i can't count on being able to get another remote job if this one falls through
perma-renting it is, huh?
>>
I fucked up at work. I said this shit was working, but this entire time it wasn't. I thought it was working, but apparently its not supposed to do the thing I thought it did. I'm talking months of me saying it worked. Im gonna get fired.
>>
File: 1714007278118741.jpg (445 KB, 1397x1781)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
Trying to move out of software development into project management. It turns out I'd rather sit in meetings all day and design shit than be a code monkey. But how to go about this?
>>
I found out I make more than my coworker and I don't do shit all day. He told me hes stressing out everyday and I make 8k more than him. I probably do 1/2 hours of work a week. If I don't finish my tickets my manager just gives it to him to help me lmao.
>>
>>100181976
>>100181699
I'm not in the states, I don't have an USCIS, didn't fill a I94, and don't have a passport
>>100181756
I've never been asked to fill a document like this to work in my country, and the aesthetic of US forms is particularly autistic
>>
>>100182173
when in rome, retard. you think the autism stops with this form?
>>
>>100180671
i make poverty wage at 52k a year in southern state. I literally do nothing as a system admin and idk how im gonna job hop because i know jack shit lol
>>
>boss keeps actively avoiding talking to me beyond chat messages about anything after i submitted my self evaluation
did i strike that much fear into him or something? he acts like i am going to chew him out if we get on a video call, so he keeps giving me excuses for why we cant talk at the moment. i even tell him the work related reasons i want to talk, which is usually because of new projects i am working on that he for sure doesnt know about. he is an okay guy, but sometimes i really think he doesnt have the balls to do what needs to be done as a boss.
>>
>>100182173
It sounds like you don't even have a work visa. No shit it would be hard to verify your eligibility when you aren't fucking eligible.
>>
>>100182413
why would I have a work visa, I'm chilling in my cozy 3rd world chabola right now, I'm not even close to the states
>>
File: 1696144724971576.png (7 KB, 420x420)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>100182436
you will never have a high-paying american job
>>
I feel so poor. I graduated 3 years ago and since then I went from 50k to only 74k at my company. Every time I look for another job they give me a salary range and offer the bottom. I have 3k in my checking, about 10k in my savings and everything else is in investments and my retirement. I don't even understand why I invest I just do what I was advised to do. I'll probably die before I can use the money. I still live with my parents. Is it over? I'm struggling to find a better paying job.
>>
>>100182438
why bother with that when I can have a low-paying american job with $300~ of cost of living and $50 brown pussy (given I figure out how to fill this form)
>>
I want to fug my tit cow hag coworkers
>>
>>100181449
Fuck off shitskin
>>
File: 1711986731671110.png (253 KB, 624x598)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
>>100182512
you will NEVER fill out the form
>>
>>100181090
If you're fired for cause you cannot claim unemployment, the employer will dispute it and you will lose

t. fired many software engineers for them trying to game the system.
>>
>>100181449
>also how are you supposed to fill this shit as a noncitizen, not in the us?
Lol.
>>
>>100182868
>t. fired many software engineers for them trying to game the system.
what race were they?
>>
>>100182868
>trying to game the system
Working their contracted hours?
>>
File: 1688103297788122.jpg (59 KB, 600x600)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
tech jobs dont exist anymore. its all smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>100182512
you cant be an employee of a us company if youre not american and wont be working from the us

maybe they will hire you with a local subsidiary or bring you on as a contractor. either way you wont need to fill this form
>>
@jeets what's the quickest and most efficient way to ensure my code is unmaintainable by anyone other than myself?
>>
>>100183176
write documentation but make it misleading and out of date
>>
>>100180671
I work with a few various pajeets, and I have noticed a pattern, nepali pajeets are the most intelligent, well mannered, and most responsive to the western culture than others. Is there a reason for this? I am actually happy to be working with some who actually know how to properly write fucking code and not lie through their teeth
>>
>>100183216
less diluted indo-aryan blood
>>
File: meanfacefinger.jpg (32 KB, 409x500)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
I swear, the only people who want to return to the office is always these fucking older guys and girls. Actually, I would say the older men are worse cause some of the women at least rather work at home. It's this old executives and workers who think being at the office is a good thing. It's not my fault you cant stand your families and wife at home. Why do we all have to return to office cause of you? Fuck "culture".
>>
>>100182495
>investing

lol investing is for rich people and fools. Use your money to build a business. Investing is saying

>I dont know how to grow my money, so do it for me

But thats all youre doing. Youre not producting any assets or something of your own. Just liquidity. That's not productive.
>>
>>100183250
>business
the economy is fake retard people get everything they need from a few gigacorps
>>
>>100183258
youre not going to become a fortune 500, but you can still make a business yourself. I own a LLC and make money on the side. I invest my money into my business annually. Instead of an IRA, I'm growing my own company instead.
>>
>>100183176Lie in the comments. You don't have to actively lie, just fail to keep comments as up to date with the code.

Pepper the code with comments like /* add 1 to i */ however, never document wooly stuff like the overall purpose of the package or method.

Make sure that every method does a little bit more (or less) than its name suggests. As a simple example, a method named isValid(x) should as a side effect convert x to binary and store the result in a database.

Use acronyms to keep the code terse. Real men never define acronyms; they understand them genetically.

In the interests of efficiency, avoid encapsulation. Callers of a method need all the external clues they can get to remind them how the method works inside.

If, for example, you were writing an airline reservation system, make sure there are at least 25 places in the code that need to be modified if you were to add another airline. Never document where they are. People who come after you have no business modifying your code without thoroughly understanding every line of it.

In the name of efficiency, use cut/paste/clone/modify. This works much faster than using many small reusable modules.
Never never put a comment on a variable. Facts about how the variable is used, its bounds, its legal values, its implied/displayed number of decimal points, its units of measure, its display format, its data entry rules (e.g. total fill, must enter), when its value can be trusted etc. should be gleaned from the procedural code. If your boss forces you to write comments, lard method bodies with them, but never comment a variable, not even a temporary!
>>
>>100183236
for them it's just old good new bad
>>
>>100183290
Exactly. And they're extremely adamant about it, despite clear evidence that we work just as hard remotely, if not more. People are happier at home, too, so they should be actually happy to see the increase in productivity. But no, to them "everything is quiet and sterile." They dont understand that you can be working virtually and still having things work out.
>>
>>100183176
Never never put a comment on a variable. Facts about how the variable is used, its bounds, its legal values, its implied/displayed number of decimal points, its units of measure, its display format, its data entry rules (e.g. total fill, must enter), when its value can be trusted etc. should be gleaned from the procedural code. If your boss forces you to write comments, lard method bodies with them, but never comment a variable, not even a temporary!

Try to pack as much as possible into a single line. This saves the overhead of temporary variables, and makes source files shorter by eliminating new line characters and white space. Tip: remove all white space around operators. Good programmers can often hit the 255 character line length limit imposed by some editors. The bonus of long lines is that programmers who cannot read 6 point type must scroll to view them.

Cd wrttn wtht vwls s mch trsr. When using abbreviations inside variable or method names, break the boredom with several variants for the same word, and even spell it out longhand once in while. This helps defeat those lazy bums who use text search to understand only some aspect of your program. Consider variant spellings as a variant on the ploy, e.g. mixing International colour, with American color and dude-speak kulerz. If you spell out names in full, there is only one possible way to spell each name.

These are too easy for the maintenance programmer to remember. Because there are so many different ways to abbreviate a word, with abbreviations, you can have several different variables that all have the same apparent purpose. As an added bonus, the maintenance programmer might not even notice they are separate variables.

Never use an automated source code tidier to keep your code aligned. Lobby to have them banned them from your company on the grounds they create false deltas in PVCS (version control tracking)
>>
>>100183113
>either way you wont need to fill this form
that was my suspicion, thanks for confirming anon, I'll ask them why they send me that form tomorrow
>>
>>100183176
Never put in any { } surrounding your if/else blocks unless they are syntactically obligatory. If you have a deeply nested mixture of if/else statements and blocks, especially with misleading indentation, you can trip up even an expert maintenance programmer.
Rigidly follow the guidelines about no goto, no early returns, and no labelled breaks especially when you can increase the if/else nesting depth by at least 5 levels.
Use very long variable names that differ from each other by only one character, or only in upper/lower case. An ideal variable name pair is swimmer and swimner. Exploit the failure of most fonts to clearly discriminate between ilI1| or oO08 with identifier pairs like parselnt and parseInt or D0Calc and DOCalc. l is an exceptionally fine choice for a variable name since it will, to the casual glance, masquerade as the constant 1. Create varible names that differ from each other only in case e.g. HashTable and Hashtable.
Wherever scope rules permit, reuse existing unrelated variable names. Similarly, use the same temporary variable for two unrelated purposes (purporting to save stack slots). For a fiendish variant, morph the variable, for example, assign a value to a variable at the top of a very long method, and then somewhere in the middle, change the meaning of the variable in a subtle way, such as converting it from a 0-based coordinate to a 1-based coordinate. Be certain not to document this change in meaning.
Use lower case l to indicate long constants. e.g. 10l is more likely to be mistaken for 101 that 10L is.
>>
I've fucked up:

>last year
>bossman asks if I know technology X because he has a big task based around it
>say I know it very well (not true) and get the task assigned to me (very dumb in retrospect)
>manage to do an alright job for several months thanks to friendly colleague from different team who DOES know technology X well
>ask him for help whenever I get stuck, not too often but I'd be fucked without him
>the colleague got promoted two months ago
>said he may have less time to help now but offered that a junior guy from his team (that he now manages) could join us temporarily because he doesn't have anything to do right now and knows technology X too
>I decline, since I don't want bossman to know I'm not actually doing too well and needed a ton of help all this time
>power on for two months with no help
>get stuck and behind schedule BIG time
>ask colleague if we could meet
>he says he's busy
>ask him if the junior guy could help
>he says the junior's busy too

any advice?
>>
>>100183355
>several months
>not proficient in technology X
my advice is to get proficient
>>
>be me
>be consultant
>company wants to hire me on
>increase PTO
>get actual holidays
>get raises
>get bonus
>hard as fuck go fired
>permanent WFH
but
>lose 16% pay, already pretty underpaid for senior dev and that after negotiating it up
>big corpo so likely no salary adjustment beyond 2 - 3 % raises

what do? they already pumped it up from their orginal offer, it's also not location dependent.
>>
>>100183396
>>big corpo
you can get raises by jumping around internally to a certain extent
>>
>>100183410
good point, I totally forgot that fact it's possible I could be spun out as a lead here.
I think I'm just jaded because I was making pretty much the perfect amount and it sucks to have that go down.
I also think bonuses are a scam.
>>
>>100183388
I'm trying but it's niche shit, not something I can just watch a youtube tutorial for.
>>
>>100183474
serious question, are you white? i'm trying to teach some nonwhites my old job and it's hopeless, i think you guys just don't understand that you actually have to listen when you're told something
>>
>>100183396
I've been at a big corpo since 2015 and the lowest my salary ever increased in a year was 4%, with the average increase being 7.2%.
>>
>>100183532
I'm a deathly pale Englishman.
>>
>>100183534
man if this was the case that would be fucking great, but my boss already spilled the beans that it's 2 - 5% normally
>>
File: 1696866294930428.png (160 KB, 657x527)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>>100183547
hmmmmmmm
you need to post your hand
>>
>>100183355
proompt it
>>
>>100183595
Too niche. I'm down to combing through scientific publications that use the thing and looking through their supplementary materials and the authors' GitHub for examples. Also very difficult to do trial and error with it since it takes hours to run. The colleague that used to help me would use arcane AWK sorcery fo generate toy inputs that would let him test things but that is beyond me.

>>100183571
nah.
>>
>>100181449
fuck off we're full
>>
You're here today thanks to your parents. Kneel at their fucking feet.
>>
I have a heavy suspicion that the reason why bank/hospital/insurance websites are so fucking slow is because the business logic is filled with shitty unoptimized code, like people looping through a list instead of using a hashmap. These same people probably think their 80k salary after 20 years is better than 300k at FAGMAN because they live in a low COL area and that leetcode is "useless".
>>
>>100185210
My mother molested me at 6 then beat me almost every day for the rest of my childhood
>inb4 "giwtwm" lmao
>>
>>100185211
More like looping through a list then making a database call (over http!) for every element rather than pre or post batching. That said, you sound like a faggot larper.
>>
>>100183324
Best post of April
>>
>>100183324
I would disembowel you in code review
>>
>>100185210

fuck off christfag
>>
>>100185283
Learn to read you fucking nigger
>>
>>100185307
My reading is perfectly fine. Your font abuse doesn't pass on any halfway decent monospace font and the rest of those tricks are not nearly as sneaky as you think they are
>>
>>100183324
just write your code in a personal repository and put it through a obfuscator when you commit it to the company's repo
>>
>>100183324
I wish this was sarcasm. I even think it is. But I've worked with code in the real world. Some new hires and some people who have been in the working world for literal decades.
>>
>>100185414
LEARN TO READ YOU FUCKING NIGGER

THIS BOARD IS FUCKING DEAD
>>
>>100185489
eh?
>>
>>100185526
Look at the post he responded to you absolute mongoloid
>>
>>100185535
The thread I'm responding to is hopefully sarcasm. You zoomers are going to be jobless for a lot longer.
>>
>>100185535
Honestly, if you couldn't follow what he was saying you're genuinely retarded.
>>
>>100185489
>>100185535
The thread he was responding to anon. He was saying that he hopes the original anon isn't serious about this and won't follow through with the advice from the second about. It was perfectly clear. It's also clear that you don't read the entire thread before responding to individual posts as you read them
>>
Pretty sure everyone in my office doesn't like me. I can just tell they're talking shit about me as soon as I leave. I don't really care but I don't want to lose my job as it's so hard to get a new one, I can't be fired for petty shit like that if I'm good at my job right?
>>
>>100185614
Get help schizo no one cares about you
>>
>>100185614
Anon, the company would happily hire a whole fucking department filled with idiots to fire one guy even if the guy was never an asshole or caused any trouble towards anyone.
>>
>>100185614
They probably suspect you of being an incel
>>
Will i get hired if i put on a gay voice? For dei
>>
>more .NET and Angular jobs around me than Java
sirs, I might have to convert...
>>
File: 1697115133033.png (246 KB, 512x512)
246 KB
246 KB PNG
I only joined TikTok recently (<12 months here) and now Joe Biden has basically signed my layoff papers. I suppose I might be considered mid level by the time a ban actually happens so I don't have to compete on the grad/junior level again, and I'm not particularly interested in my work atm compared to what I hear from other friends in tech but man I don't want to onboard yet again...
>>
>>100185749
Ban probably won't happen, and if it does it wont be for at least 2 years. Do you think they'd actually lay you off just because its banned in the states though?
>>
>>100185869
I hope it gets delayed, otherwise my employments on my resume will all be quite short. Idk much about marketshare or revenue, but I read that US accounts for 25% of revenue for TT. I'm happy to peace out in a while anyway, language barrier + my projects are boring.
>>
>>100185901
just stick around until they pay you severance, no need to quit
>>
>>100185951
Oh yeah I mean peace out when/if they lay me off. The pay is probably the highest in tech for my experience level without going to a HFT firm. RTO policy is super strict though. Hopefully my work gets interesting soon - while it lasts.
>>
>>100180768
Yeah I guess that's correct. I have to give a presentation next week to teach 5 helldesk L1s and they usually don't comment on the knowledge nor ask any questions, they probably don't care because they know that if they learn it's only going to be worse for them: more responsibilities and same pay.
>>
>Searching for a side hustle
>company wants to interview me
>recruiter pre-schedules a call with them at a time I'll be busy working for my current job
Are recruiters retards? I'm not going to jump through your hoops whenever you feel like it for the sake of fulfilling your candidate quota.
>>
>>100180671
I spend 20% of my income from my 105K salary job on alcohol. Australia is fucked in the head mate. Thank God I live with my parents and thank God they still think that I am a teetotaler.
>>
File: g_1713792136358852.jpg (20 KB, 252x212)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>Earn 85k in Yurop
>Believe I peaked, no job interview gets me over 90k
>See anon earning 140k in previous thread
>mfw
>>
>>100185749
>but man I don't want to onboard yet again...
most companies dont make you go through CCCP brainwashing and reeducation, so it is fine.
>>
>>100186121
net is the only thing that matters
>>
File: 1714116370193.gif (12 KB, 104x150)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
>>100185331
>>100185414
Do you people really fail to detect jokes? Did you not read any BOFH sketches?
Let me grab the user training tool...
>>
>>100186121
>>See anon earning 140k in previous thread
that anon also yuropean? or no taxes, no healthcare, pay off student loans into your 50s, pay for your prison stay USAnon?
>>
File: g_1713885366636216.jpg (21 KB, 417x340)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>100183250
And how the fuck do I build a business as a single person? If I want to launch a service by myself I need to know:
>Frontend so the website or app doesn't suck balls and scare people away
>Backend for the service logic
>UX/UI so the interface isn't shit
>Marketing to reach out to potential customers
>Sales to sell the product to them
If I have to recruit people to do any of this then costs multiply and I actually would need a shitton of money.
>>
>>100186147
weird yurocope
t. eastyuro
>>
>>100186147
He said he was yuropean and asking how to earn more there. For me, earning 140k euro in the EU was something I could only imagine C-suite earning with base and stocks, not SWEs or managers. Guess I was wrong and this is attainable.
>>
>>100186148
All this is piss easy if you are not sub 80 IQ
>>
>>100186163
140k is extremely easy in europe.
Just to any bank/insurance in Frankfurt.
>>
>>100186159
I am not saying one is superior to the other, but instead of comparing just salary you need to look at more context and see what matters to you.
>>
File: 1686723925515194.jpg (19 KB, 558x549)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>100186137
Niggas on this general really be doing shit like that on purpose for job security
>>
>>100186173
how many salaried employees make that much in a bank? there are plenty of bankers making that, but even in insurance that kind of money does not go to many /g/ people. a few senior managers, engineers for critical infrastructure, maybe some high profile project managers.
>>
>>100186173
Yeah must be extremely easy to get a job in that sector with no prior experience
Everyone's just not doing it because not everyone likes money
>>
>>100186192
The only that context that matters is remote and net salary. Everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>100186233
if you mean remote as in fully remote, can live wherever in the world, then yes.
>>
File: g_1713965717795326.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>100186173
>>100186213
>>100186231
>Get hired as a SWE consultant for a banking company
>Earn 25-30k
And that's what happens in Spain. You have banking companies like Santander making a shitton of money and paying peanuts to developers.
>>
>>100186241
Nobody cares where you live if you invoice B2B as anyone who wants actual money does.
>>
>>100186164
Please tell me how. My IQ is 122 and I have no clue about this.
>>
>>100186213
>>100186231
weird cope but ok
My first job out of school was at a bank in frankfurt at 80k and then 4 years later I switched to an insurance, making 160k now (30 hour week). I mostly do infrastructure and other IT work. Official title is "Senior Linux Engineer". A lot of my work is in the cloud though.
>>
>>100186262
I didn't say you couldn't get in fresh out of school, obviously some people do, good for u
>>
>>100186262
i returned to Germany from abroad and have been in it infrastructure in the public sector for roughly 10 years now. out of a sense of duty and a bit of laziness after burning the candle on both ends abroad. maybe I need to reconsider.
>>
>>100186148
4 and 5 are the obstacles because I'm autistic but 1 to 3 are easy as fuck, you shouldn't be posting here if you can't do those
>>
>>100186244
Why does Spain and southern Evrope in general have such third world tier wages
Almost as if you can not have both nice weather and a decent salary because that's just forbidden ok
>>
>>100186316
Do you also design your own UI resources?
>>
>>100186329
>why do third world countries have third world wages??
Hmm really makes you thin, doesn't it?
>>
>>100186254
nta but
>frontend: templates
>backend: you're a fucking programmer nigger get the fuck outta here
>ux/ui: templates, KISS
>marketing: SEO, ads, literally mail companies that might be interested in your product
>sales: calculate your costs and add whatever you wanna earn
>>
File: g_1713636415529660.jpg (6 KB, 224x224)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>100186329
We are governed by leftist idiots who are voted by leftist idiots, anon. The stupid Spanish president thinks all big companies are bad and anyone who earns above 50k is rich, so they heavily tax both.

For me right now:
>company pays 112k euro
>I earn 85k gross euro
>so actually I earn 56k net euro
>also have to pay 21% direct tax on everything I buy that isn't food.
But hey healthcare is free, oh wait if you have a non-urgent surgery you need to wait 8 months on average to get it, so you better have private insurance for all non life-threatening health issues you could have. Pay 50 euro per month for it.
Also public education is shit, so be ready to shed 400-500 euro per month if you want to enroll your child into a private school. Otherwise good luck with the school they get assigned to.
>>
>>100186330
Of course [spoiler]not[/spoiler], gotta deploy fast
>>
>>100186375
>>company pays 112k euro
>>I earn 85k gross euro
>>so actually I earn 56k net euro
You get taxed twice?
>>
>>100186413
I assume the company pays 112k, of that 40ish go into healthcare, social security, pension, etc.
then anon pays actual taxes and gets 56k in the end.
>>
>>100186375
Damn, sounds pretty grim
I think public sector services are going to shit all over Europe but at least in the north the wages still somehow cover most of it
>>
>>100186413
Yes, that's how it works in europe.
>employer pays you your gross salary and also 50-80% of that to the state for healthcare, pension fund, etc.
>then you pay 50% of your gross salary to the state for healthcare, pension, church, etc.
So in the end around 25% of your total cost of employment actually makes it's way to you.
>>
>>100183236
Another thing about old people in the office is that, they complain about how much you're not suffering.
"oh anon you dont take loans, have a wife or things to take care of? you're not that serious in your life"
nigga I cut whatever that drains my life and bank account. Can't afford to have more liabilities than I should
>>
>>100186477
I suppose that explains why salaries are so shitty in europe, if the employer has the same budget for hiring then has to spend half of it before even paying you.
>>
>>100186413
Thrice if you consider the 21% tax on everything you buy, anon.
>>
>>100186523
That's really just a sales tax though, everything is just more expensive. You still only get taxed twice when the money lands in your account.
>>
>last week or two's threads mentioned ADHD (the real one) and schizoid disorder
>both match up extremely well with my situation
>both aren't really treatable outside of basically taking drugs or meds that fuck you up more than they fix
It never even began. At least I managed to start my PhD but this doesn't bode well long term.
>>
>>100186375
>I earn 3 times the average salary wah wah life is hard actually I just want to lowkey brag
>>
>>100186596
>"treating" schizoid
You're not a schizoid.
>>
>>100186619
Are you retarded? That's what I'm saying. There's no treatment.
>>
>>100186618
Retard. People in other countries earn literally 10x the amount of money I make for the same work while paying less taxes.
Of course I can complain.
>>
>>100186633
Are you retarded? You can't seem to comprehend a simple sentence.
>>
Bros I really need advice.

Is this plan okay if a company mandates RTO:
- take a vacation (all available days)
- come back and work a week or two
- take a sick leave for a month (around 70% salary)
- come back and work for a week or two
- quit and don't work the notice (additional month of free salary)

I'm just NOT going back into the goycage to have everything online, meetings, code and everything like a retard. Can this plan backfire? They technically cannot snitch me out to companies that I apply to?
>>
>been applying since feb
>havent got a single interview yet
i dont know what to do anymore
>>
>>100186633
don't engage with seething serial neets
>>
>>100186375
what a faggot
go to a working class bar and tell them this sob story over there so you could get beaten up back into reality
>>
>>100186636
Retard.
>>
>>100186644
The catch is, applying to a new company is more humiliating than returning to the cage.
>>
>>100186644
>They technically cannot snitch me out to companies that I apply to?
What are you trying to say?
Especially in bigger companies (FAGMAN, defense or finance industry) it's very common that companies have shared blacklists of people to not hire.
>>
>>100186663
>go to poorfags
>>
>>100186663
>working class bar
I'm not a poor subhuman kek
>>
>>100186678
>Especially in bigger companies (FAGMAN, defense or finance industry) it's very common that companies have shared blacklists of people to not hire.
Wonder how you neets came up with this.
>>
File: 1713936151143275.png (793 KB, 490x1220)
793 KB
793 KB PNG
are we back?
>>
>>100186692
>EU
will be back in june once the ECB cuts rates
>US
nope, the Fed will probably cut in September if at all
>>
>>100186655
Remove retarded crap from your resume
>>
>>100186692
stop posting this cat every fucking thread
>>
>>100186663
Actual working class people are even more mad about how much they get taxed and especially what their taxes are used for (giving free gibs + health insurance to people who DON'T work)
>>
>>100186644
>They technically cannot snitch me out to companies that I apply to?
Nope, they definitely can. As long as it's truthful.

A lot of companies don't say anything cause they're scared of getting taken to court, which even if they win will still cost them money. Even then there are a lot of phrases that the new company will know mean 'do not hire this person'

Why not just get a new job and quit now? You must have some marketable skills, right?
>>
>>100186673
Nah, it isn't, it's pretty easy actually.
>>100186678
Blacklists are illegal in Europe, so if someone revealed a blacklist of people they would be sued to bankrupcy. Anyway I don't work for a major company so it wouldn't really be a problem for me.
>>
>>100186733
>illegal
Oh yeah I forgot it's illegal. And no company (especially the big corporations) has EVER done anything illegal, because that would be against the law!
>>
>>100186722
Not sure how it is for americans as I imagine the american working class has largely libertarian sympathies
But the european working class as I have experienced it would absolutely not sympathize with a high earner for having to pay more in taxes no matter how upset they are about their own tax burden
>>
>>100186596
do they still do ADD or is it just ADHD now?
>>
>>100186725
Too lazy atm because it's not 100% certain that it will happen and if it does I get basically 3 months of salary with 0 work invested from my side. Of course I have skills lol, I would just need to tidy up my resume a bit and study leetcode for a few weeks.
>>
>>100186745
>european working class
*neutered tax cattle
also no such thing as a european working class, nobody in the south willingly pays taxes
>>
File: mwp574jsmmrc1.png (82 KB, 768x1016)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>work in humongous project with literally 3 digit team size
>using SAFe
>shitty, constantly changing requirements (most of the time there aren't any)
>lowest level team members constantly make shit up (even though there are 3 layers of management above them)
>most days is moving around Jira tickets and writing confluence pages which are outdated 2 days later
>no communication between teams, 3 teams literally ended up making basically the same thing
>months long iterations by dozens of people result in a shitty react prototype that could've been made by a single pajeet in 1 week
such is life in government contracting
>>
File: 1710744842050482.gif (184 KB, 220x220)
184 KB
184 KB GIF
>>100186711
your the schizo who accused me of being from crystal cafe for posting this meme cat. take meds.
>>
>>100186742
Oh God you FAANG goyim are the bestest goydroids ever, who literally gives a shit anyway even if you get blacklisted by some dinosaur monopoly company. FAANG employees are literal drones lol, it's kinda funny but most people that I know from those companies have a similar salary to mine and they can't make anything from scratch. They just know leetcode.
>>
>>100186747
ADD is not diagnosed anymore even if it's not the same as ADHD. I guess the "hyperactive" sells it better, but idk where the ones who are genuinely just stunted end up now.
>>
>>100186722
This. I'm in the UK and lose 32% of my salary to tax, and nearly 50% of any payrises.

I wouldn't mind it as much if I actually got something for my taxes. The roads are shit here, healthcare is shit (thankfully I get private health, but I hvae to pay tax on that too), the police do fuck all, it's just generally shit.
>>
>>100186767
>FAANG employees are literal drones lol,
Well paid drones though.
>>
>>100186766
the only time I replied to you was when you posted some stupid drunk gibberish and I pointed it out and you replied with that cat
>>
>>100182173
>I've never been asked to fill a document like this to work in my country
Are you underage?
I've worked in Mexico, the Netherlands, UAE and England, both in person and remotely, and every single one of them had similar bureaucracy, including my home country, which simply has me filling tax forms instead of work visa forms.
>>
>>100186767
I make over 400k and will retire to asia before 30, while you will work until you are 70.
Who is the real goy cattle here?
>>
>>100185210
>You have peanut allergies, eczema and an overactive thyroids thanks to your parents
Wow thank you so fucking much.
>>
>>100186233
You couldn't get me to move to the Jew S of Africa even if you paid me 6 trillion/yr.
>>
>>100186811
Who asked?
>>
>>100183236
>It's not my fault you cant stand your families and wife at home. Why do we all have to return to office cause of you? Fuck "culture".
I know a guy that comes in at like 7-8 in the morning and stays until at the very least the sun is down, I suspect it's because he fucking despises his family.
>>
>>100186742
Most companies can barely keep their own products working and staff organized, do you think they have the capacity to keep some secret ebin blacklist synchronized between them without anybody noticing for the incredible benefit of occasionally not hiring some retard (who would probably get filtered by a competent interview anyway on account of being retarded)
>>
>>100186800
I make 600k and will retire in a real country with my loved ones at 40.
>>
File: smugdog.jpg (62 KB, 640x435)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>100186375
Anon are you fucking stupid? You speak as if we had good salaries in times of Rajoy or Aznar. Stop coping about muh left/right politics like a fucking woman, the country is simply stagnant because we got too high on tourism and developed 0 industries. You mention Santander as if it was a respectable thing, kike banking is not gonna make any country rich, it only funnels money to Israel.
I am making 80K/yr gross (~4.5K/month net) in Moroluña with 9yoe and even though I make far less than Americans and other Europeans, I can save 2K€ monthly. Sure, taxes here are pretty high, but you're fucking stupid if you think you'll have it better in countries like Germany where both the taxes and the cost of living are even higher.
And if you're gonna suck amerilard dick, you'd better go to a place like Texas or Delaware where taxes aren't as high as in Commiefornia or Jew York, but good luck getting into the country as a non-Indian and finding a tech job there.

Don't even bother with the muh healthcare shit, I have private insurance and while I appreciate having good public emergency healthcare, no country in the world with more than 1 million inhabitants can have an efficient and effective healthcare system, public or private.
>>
>>100186816
The person who said "The only that context that matters is remote and net salary. Everything else is irrelevant." asked.
>>
File: iwd-2020-23_Verteilung_D.jpg (199 KB, 1000x1166)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>100186862
At 40 you are already a walking corpse and cannot enjoy your retirement.

>>100186800
You don't have to go to a shithole with constant motor noise, horn honking, sweaty climate, aggressive insects, and trash lying everywhere, Europe is cheap, too. If you have 600k saved you are already in the top 10% of German peak networth (which they reach, if ever, in their mid 50s).
>>
>>100186800
>>100186862
>I make 800K (mexican pesos), have a cute white wife (trans) and have lots of children (hers, but raised by me)
this is what i read every time larpers start bragging about their unfulfilled fantasies
>>
>>100186912
weird cope
>>
>>100186892
I said that. I asked nothing.

>>100186908
>At 40 you are already a walking corpse and cannot enjoy your retirement.
Something said by people in their twenties.
>>
>NEET hour posting
>>
>>100186918
Thanks, that will be $20.
>>
>>100181990
Tell them it worked on your machine
>>
File: 1646746595178.jpg (7 KB, 224x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>100186882
>You speak as if we had good salaries in times of Rajoy or Aznar
Less unemployment, more foreign companies settling in Spain, less taxes during Aznar's time.
>I can save 2K€ monthly
Which is 24k annually. Wow, Anon, you must be rich being able to pay a house with 10 years of your savings. Oh wait you live in Jovenlandia 2.0 and house prices are crazy so you better save up 15-20 years instead. Yep, totally rich, leftists are right in taxing you to death for earning 80k gross. You are high class.
>you're fucking stupid if you think you'll have it better in countries like Germany where both the taxes and the cost of living are even higher.
I'm not putting Germany as an example because it has the same issue everybody in Europe has, with an exception: your 80k salary there is a normal salary if you are an engineer (a friend earns >100k with 5 YOE counting bonuses and stocks), and in Spain it isn't. Guess who will come back to Spain and buy whatever the fuck he wants to enjoy a comfy life in a few years from now.
>you'd better go to a place like Texas or Delaware where taxes aren't as high as in Commiefornia or Jew York
So you haven't even been to America lmao. California VAT is 7.25%, compare it to Spanish 21% again please. I can make you cry harder if we compare income taxes as well if you are masochist.
>Don't even bother with the muh healthcare shit, I have private insurance and while I appreciate having good public emergency healthcare, no country in the world with more than 1 million inhabitants can have an efficient and effective healthcare system, public or private.
Nice cope, "it must be impossible so it is what it is". Defeatist and retarded.
Anons, I present you an example of what's wrong with Spain: this guy has the same voting power as me, and he's not alone. Therefore we get retarded leftist governments.
>>
>>100186908
>graph
I haven't seen a single family home being sold for under 500k in Germany in the last couple of years so I guess the top 10% across almost all ages are basically people who own a house? kek
>>
>>100186949
No one cares about Spain bro
>>
>>100186970
Tell me that again when you come to enjoy paella, tapas and the weather.
>>
>>100186953
Pretty much. Germans are too scared of perceived risks or volatility, so, IF they invest some money. it is going to be something with low but better-than-nothing yield, where price changes are hidden, like insurance, owner-occupied real estate, pension products from banks, etc.
>>
>>100180805
what would you say your job title is?
>>
>>100186935
you didn't say anything, there's just fart noises coming out of your face hole
>>
>>100187001
Principal Larp Engineer.
>>
>>100186908
>At 40 you are already a walking corpse and cannot enjoy your retirement.
Maybe if you're a fat slob who doesn't take care of themselves
>>
I keep wondering if I should harden myself to bullshit and just get into security, privacy and other compliance theater
>>
>>100187043
>being hunched over a computer for 8 hours a day to make FAGMAN money
>be /fit/
Choose one.
>>
>>100180671
Ha-ha, jokes aside but one company offered me a Tech Lead position if I join their comfy™ office.
REJECTED them.
>>
File: pngwing.com (4).png (316 KB, 670x641)
316 KB
316 KB PNG
don't give up :

steam engine was meant to pump water from wells

radio was meant for ship-to-shore communications

Internet was meant as a way for academics to share research

google’s image understanding algorithm was initially to filter porn, later it paved way for similar images.
>>
>>100187065
There's still 16 hours left in the day...
>>
>>100187094
I can tell you are NEET, if you think you have energy left after a soul crushing 9-5.
>>
>>100187094
sleep is for faggots
>>
>>100187099
I don't have a soul crushing 9-5...

>>100187103
Because you need 16 hours of sleep a day...
>>
>>100187094
After teleporting to the office and back again, in your pajamas
>>
>>100186783
This though, but there's more to life than money.
>>100186800
I make 450k$ with bonuses in non FAANG and I also did open source projects in my free time. It's not about the money, it's about NOT working for the evil companies like FAANG. Your money won't be worth jack shit if they pull the rug. 450k$ now is like 100k$ in 2005 lol.
>>
>>100187099
I've got a normal job and I hvae plenty of energy left most days. Some hectic days I'll not have much left, but they're pretty few and far between.

In addition, when you exercise regularly you'll start to get more energy.
>>
>>100186596
What did they say? Pretty sure I have both of those too.
>>100186747
As in can't focus and prioritise things, but without the constant need to bounce around like a child?
They call that ADHD(Inattentive) because psychologists are retarded, and the usual squealers piss and moan about ADD being an outdated term because they too are retarded.
>>
File: 1698574235688184.jpg (85 KB, 661x882)
85 KB
85 KB JPG
>>100187106
bend over kitten......
>>
>>100187119
You're right, I do have to go to my office, which is a whole 20 feet from my bedroom.
>>
>>100187122
>450k$
>100k$
nice larp 3rd world ESL you don't even know where to put the dollar sign
>>
>>100187122
>I make 450k$ with bonuses in non FAANG and I also did open source projects in my free time.
>It's not about the money
This. I'm in a pretty similar position, not quite a FAANG company, but close. All in I made $200k TC last year.

I work almost completly from home, going into the office once a week on average. 8-4, pretty chill managers and coworkers, and working on interesting things.

I feel like I've won the lottery. I've had a look at other jobs out there and there's nothing that pays more without working my ass off for it. I'd rather have a little less money and be able to enjoy it.
>>
>>100183250
>business
Most businesses fail. The odds of the long-term index fund roulette are much more favourable.
>>
>>100186949
>Less unemployment, more foreign companies settling in Spain, less taxes during Aznar's time.
10% less taxes isn't gonna make left wing cucks be less queer and or make right wing cucks suck less banker and hotel builder dick. Again, stop coping about politics, it's a structural and cultural problem that is not gonna be solved even in 30 years of libertarian govs. We are a country of hospitality and there is barely any industry. If that doesn't change, the country will never get out of the hole.

>Yep, totally rich
I literally said it's not an impressive salary in my post.
>your 80k salary there is a normal salary [in Germany]
>California VAT is 7.25%
Yeah, and paying 2500€ for a broom closet, 10€ for 1kg of chicken breasts and 3€ for a single train ticket is normal there. What about it? You'd actually take a 30% salary increase for a 10% tax increase, 50% or higher cost of living, double the niggers. triple the autists and mentally ill people, shit weather and horrible food?
Anyway, let's not compare ourselves to other European countries, it makes little sense when the whole continent is so fucked. Comparing cities to cities and towns to towns, Spain is still better off (except for Moróstoles and Morospitalet) than many countries.

Before you sperg out, I am not defending taxes, I am saying the situation is not much better anywhere else (relevant, with tech jobs abundant) in the world.

>"it must be impossible so it is what it is"
It is impossible in the current state of the world, which won't change in our lifetimes.
You can't expect efficient healthcare without at least 0.1 doctor/inhabitant (right now the highest rate in the world is 0.008 doctors/person) and you can't expect effective healthcare until diagnostics aren't automated. Stop fantasizing, this is far beyond dumb muh country discussion, it's a reality of this world and we won't convince 10% of the world population to become GOOD doctors and surgeons any time soon.

>>100186970
We do.
>>
>>100187143
Good morning sir
>>
At some point they will figure out that I'm not doing anything most of the time, right?
>>
File: 1714113381153405.jpg (33 KB, 503x609)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>100187222
it depends
>>
>>100187222
Probably they will, the sneaky bastards
Unless you keep constantly pushing code necessary or not and be always introducing new technologies only you are somewhat familiar with
>>
>>100187222
not doing anything isnt the same as doing the bare minimum
if youre the latter keep up the grind
>>
>>100180671
Chatgpt hallucinated cool functionality that sort of works, is nowhere explained, seems to be a c leftover. And I don't understand it even if it seemingly works.

I want to implement it to our python program for "extra speed" just so my coworker can post here about me being diversity hire copy pasting from chatgpt. (But also because linux has so many obscure stuff nobody talks about)
>>
How do I tell my future company that I need ChatGPT to be 2x as productive and they should buy the enterprise version?
>>
my company is now moving away from everything Hashicorp
fucking thanks IBM
>>
>>100186121
I earn €200k as a SWE. Git gud at a niche skill, move to Germany/Scandinavia and roll for luck.
>>
>>100183307
>Good programmers can often hit the 255 character line length limit imposed by some editors. The bonus of long lines is that programmers who cannot read 6 point type must scroll to view them.

bravo, that's just outstanding shithousery
>>
>>100183273
>>100183307
>>100183324
So fucking based. If this isn't a ChatGPT post I'm genuinely amazed, you asshole.
>>
>>100186121
sounds like you didn't negotiate properly if you can't even break 90k lmao
>>
File: fredgraph.png (51 KB, 1318x450)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>100180671
>bro tech layoffs are over..ACK
>>
File: 1670427027490384.jpg (79 KB, 432x525)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
Hey guys, I'm brazilian, so if you could, please stop talking about your six figure USD yearly salary so you don't upset me and remind me that I earn 1/5 of that and half of it goes to our government anyway. That would be very nice of you.
>>
I’m so tired of being a manager. I just want to code. But then I’d have to take a pay cut.
>>
>>100187942
You WILL be a living JIRA automaton and you WILL enjoy it.
>>
>>100187942
Lol this one works. I only scream under the "light". The cold ethos demands it.
>>
>>100187192
> left wing cucks be less queer and or make right wing cucks suck...
Who the fuck speaks like this?
>>
>>100188042
/pol/tards
>>
>>100187965
I just want to build stuff I’m so tired
>>
>>100187942
Just how bad is it? Whats a normal work day like for you?

It's been hinted that my company want to move me to management for a while and I'm not sure if I want it.
>>
>>100188220
About 70% of my day is either meetings, product design, some sort of clerical stuff (including jira), or running numbers/queries for the CTO. 30% coding if I’m lucky.
>>
Holy shit Europe hours are the worst here
>>
File: g_1713391615287212.jpg (334 KB, 1024x1024)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
>>100186703
I would rather prefer the ECB doesn't cut rates, as that will fuck the housing market again once people start getting mortgages nonstop.
Right now earning much more money than the average Joe and saving for paying almost the entire property in a lump sump payment is what is giving me advantage. If we return the low interest rate times when every property would be sold the same week it goes on sale I will be extremely angry.
>>
File: g_1713969257834758.gif (86 KB, 362x498)
86 KB
86 KB GIF
>>100186618
The Spanish average salary. Computers, cars, and smartphones cost the same for a German and for me so I don't care about my country's average salary.
>>
>>100186663
I don't care about what other people earn, they get gibs and benefits from us anyway.
>>
>>100185701
good, .net is based
>>
What are your job search tactics? Do you customize Resume/Cover Letter for each role you apply to, or just the ones you care most about? Is it OK to send out a generic Cover Letter without specifics on the job you're applying to? Do you only apply to perfect fits, or just spray and pray to everything you see?
>>
>>100187192
10% less taxes would next me an extra 8.5k, so I'm perfectly happy with that change.
Regarding Commiefornia, in the end, it's just a matter of how much can you save once you take care of the basic needs. You can save up to 2k living a comfy and simple life, and I can save up to 2.5k, 3k if I don't eat out nor do any leisure activities with friends that involve renting something, hiring a service or travelling elsewhere. In Commiefornia you can save up a shitton more if you do that.
And about healthcare, just introduce co-payment for people clogging urgent care for random bullshit and invest way more money that gets diverted otherwise into the Ministry of Feminism and all that shit. We have money, but we are wasting it in full retard departments.
>>
>>100187550
On it anon, on it. Hoping to make something close to that in less than a decade. Wish me luck.
>>
>>100187700
Going above that in Europe is hard
>>
>>100188689
So much this!
We made a cash offer for a shitty cardboard house near Birmingham back in 2022, when rates were 0.5%, and we didn't get the house because some idiot could offer way above the asking price with his mortgage.
Then the rate shot up to 5.25%. I hope the fucker gets his life ruined by that mistake.
>>
>>100188762
What do you specialise in? 100k is quite doable.
>>
Who else can literally stop their billion dollar company with just one ssh and a few command lines?
Sometimes I keep thinking how did I get to this point, and why I would never have the balls to do it...
Even with ZT policies, there is always a super super admin for everything. Why are executive boomers like this?
>>
What do you do if you're invited to an interview but it falls within your normal working hours? I can't get any time to attend said interview.
>>
>>100186148
>>Frontend so the website or app doesn't suck balls and scare people away
>>Backend for the service logic
>>UX/UI so the interface isn't shit
Why the fuck are you on /g/ if you cant even do that? I can put up a Reacjs site right now.
>>
>>100188707
Cover Letters are for pussies, never bother with them and still get any job I want.
>>
>>100186832
the guy at my work absolutely does that. he has a new kid, too, but you can tell he works late to stay away from home.
>>
>>100187099
I go to the gym every 3 days a week and it takes 1 hour to do a gym session. You sound like an excuse filled fag.
>>
>>100187177
>Most businesses fail.
Good thing you can always start a new one.
>>
>>100188818
Data Science/Data Engineering/Data Analysis. Mentioning the three because I end up doing everything: building pipelines, analysing data, developing models and applying MLOPs
>>
>>100187222
But you are doing something. They're paying you to be available during working hours in case something urgent comes up.
>>
>>100188992
Too bad you don't get your time and money investment back.
>>100188994
You might be going too broad. Jacks of all trades are often undercut, unless you can sell yourself as a 10x rockstar.
>>
People on this general are saying faang. There are plebbitors here
>>
>>100188784
Yeah tell me about it, anon. At that moment an ordinary property would go on sale in the morning, I would call, the owner would tell me he had 2 couples already seeing it today and tomorrow and that I could see it after them, and then I would receive a call saying that the first couple was buying it. So basically the couple saw it and decided on the spot that they wanted it. Rinse and repeat for every fucking shitty property.
I prefer this market: properties need more than 2-3 months to be sold and go through some discounts in the process, so I have plenty of time to accumulate money, visit them, negotiate a bit and take my time to think this through.
>>
>>100189028
>Too bad you don't get your time and money investment back.
You gained something more useful. Experience. Now stop crying.
>>
>>100188988
Or you can always go twice a week on Saturday and Sunday morning, dedicate 1.5-2 hours each day to do a fullbody routine and then rest for 5 days. If somebody doesn't exercise it's because they are making excuses.
>>
>>100189028
It is what it is, anon. First job was being a cloud admin and managing migrations in data, second building dashboard, reports and pipelines, third doing exploratory analysis and presenting them to C-suite and now I'm back to DA/DE. Good thing is that I can opt to a lot of jobs thanks to dipping my toes in many different fields through job hopping.
>>
>>100189044
Experience is only useful, if you succeed in the end. You can't be sure, when or if you will. Business CAN be more profitable but is also much more risky than employment.
>>
>>100189082
>Experience is only useful, if you succeed in the end
No, experience is always useful. You learn from failures as much as you do from success.

>Business CAN be more profitable but is also much more risky than employment.

No one says you have to quit your slave job.
>>
>>100188966
>>100188707
I've always had better luck by not including a cover letter
Less is more I guess, if you've got an interesting background on your CV they'll be intrigued and call you up
If you write a verbose cover letter you risk tumbling your spaghetti or coming across as a boring wanker
>>
>>100189105
>No, experience is always useful. You learn from failures as much as you do from success.
Anything learned is meaningless, unless you put it to good use.
>No one says you have to quit your slave job.
Fair point.
>>
>>100189028
>You might be going too broad. Jacks of all trades are often undercut, unless you can sell yourself as a 10x rockstar.
Seems pretty common in Euroland, I'm a DE and often see DE paired with BI or ML
And you're right, these often pay low because they want one person to do the job of two, and for a fraction of the price of one specialist
>>
what's the best single page CV template? The one I've been using can't fit my experience anymore. It doesn't have to be A4, it can be a bit longer as long as its a "single" file, I know HR niggers don't like multiple pages.
>>
in a world of chatgpt, what's the use of coding tasks on interviews? As long as the candidate understands the concepts and what to do, why does he have to know syntax when u can generate all that shit with basic description
>>
>>100188953
Just say you're sick
>>
File: 1698413770899963.png (270 KB, 680x513)
270 KB
270 KB PNG
It's so over...
>forced RTO effective immediately
>all PTO canceled
do i rope now or later?
>>
File: g_1713977161759419.jpg (52 KB, 800x751)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>Look for OE opportunities
>One company contacts me, offers me a contractor job
>Salary is definitely less of what I earn right now at my full time job
>mfw they would like me to interact a lot with the clients
I'm suddenly losing my interest, I was hoping to have a comfy side hustle and that sounds like having endless meetings with them. But at the same time I feel bad dropping from the process so I think I'll have another interview with them just for practice. Or maybe not, I'm undecided. What should I do, anons?
>>
>>100189288
I thought about that but I'm a massive pussy who likes to pretend he's loyal. Guess it's my only option.
>>
back to big corpo world after almost 2 years freelancing
with standard issue dell laptop with windows and all
it is what it is, gotta survive somehow
>>
>>100189329
As opposed to? A mac? You're better off
>>
>>100189236
But at the same time, those jobs are CV multipliers. You can do DE/BI/ML and present it to stakeholders.
>>
>>100189336
>As opposed to? A mac?
my linux workstation I've been working with since forever
>>
>>100189362
good news linux is built into windows if you need it
>>
>>100189369
lol you're right
completely forgot about WSL
it won't be so bad after all
>>
>>100189325
take it and ask for the salary you actually want
>>
>>100189445
I agreed to a daily rate already anon. I can always ask for more but that's going to be a bit shitty. I already went 50% about the rate they proposed and they accepted.
>>
>>100189038
Yup. Parent finally managed to buy a house this year, after trying for almost three years. Every time it was the same story you described, they'd either not get to see the house at all or their cash offer would be declined since others were making offers way above the market, all with mortgages.
This time they were even able to negotiate the price.
I hope the rate stays high this year so I can have a chance at buying my own place without having the "privilege" to pay double the price over 35 years.
>>
Is it common for junior/entry level developers to afford staying at another location overnight for a f2f interview?

I finally have my first offer to do a f2f interview at a web shop (mainly c#, web development). However, I live in the middle of fucking nowhere and this job is a 12 hours train journey away from me. The only way for me to go would be to book a hotel and stay overnight there to take the interview the next day. The expenses would be £130 for the hotel and £100 for the train journey with return, not accounting food.

I'm currently an unemployed self taught developer, so I'm considering getting a local part time job to finance attending job interviews if this is the case.
>>
Is this BS? The part about "considering me for other roles"?
>The hiring manager has chosen to move forward with another candidate so we will not be able to explore this particular role further at this time. We will continue to consider you for similar roles as they become available, and we look forward to exploring those opportunities with you.
>>
>>100189540
It's always bs. Rejection emails come in various varieties. Whenever you get a rejection, just stop reading. It's not worth it.
>>
>>100189540
"consider" doesnt mean "we will choose you."
>>
>>100189540
it's bs, I've got hundreds of emails like this over the years
not a single one of them got back to me to talk about other openings in their companies
>>
>>100189519
Bear in mind that you may need to make that journey a few times a year. I would say it isn't common but you do live in the middle of nowhere as you stated.
>>
>>100189565
Yeah I know that. I'm just wondering if I'm actually put on a list or just trashed.
>>
>>100189540
I've only ever had one company get in touch with me after a rejection, and that was years later for Dyson vacuum service technician
>>
>>100189617
He'll atleast be able to expense it once he's an employer
>>
Fullstack is such a dead end role. Once you master everything in 3 months, it's just sharting out business logic, which is almost never complicated, in the backend or sharting out event handlers to call business logic from the frontend
>>
>>100189607
>>100189627
>>100189558
Alright, time for me to move on then. Maybe it's a good thing, since I heard working for Oracle is kinda shit but idk.
>>
>>100189667
you aren't a "master" of anything in 3 months. Anything less than 5 years of experience tells me you're a midwit who thinks he knows a lot but knows jackshit. Back to courses with you.
>>
File: 1_999.jpg (76 KB, 480x533)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
The DevOps team here is genuinely the dumbest fucking group I have ever had to deal with
>pipelines they design don't work correctly
>insanely slow to publish any updates to it (last change was 4 months ago), have to manually make changes ourselves to get the scripts to work
>Have been waiting for a particular fix for months and have pushed back the deadline for months (was supposed to be in for February, now fix is TBD)
>API publishing doesn't work correctly, their explanation for it made no sense and got incredibly defensive when we pointed out why they were wrong
>Support is mainly one US-based guy that doesn't even work for the team, just is also incredibly frustrated by them and forced himself to understand the scripts because of it
>Support session is barely within US working hours because the team is almost entirely India based
They've ruined the one thing I've been looking forward to in this stupid company because we have to use their tools to deploy to the new platform or we're noncompliant
>>
>>100188903
Nice try, glownigger
>>
>>100189478
The struggle is real anon. I also think it's thanks to the governments encouraging banks to give 80 and 100% mortgages. That makes every financially illiterate person eager to buy properties with overinflated prices and makes them get even more expensive. I'm sure that if mortgages covered much less that would force house owners to decrease the prices.
It's pure logic: why offer a house at a decent price when you can jewmaxxxx and see people throw money at you anyway because the bank is lending them that much?
>>
>>100189687
>India based
fuck your retarded company and fuck you, enjoy your "devops"
>>
>recruiter schedules first introductory call with client
>"Oh anon the client needs a reference now to proceed further! And it has to be a manager you had!"
WTF is wrong with some people. I'm not bothering my potential references when I don't even have an offer on the table yet. And I'm not going to provide a manager reference lol, be happy I would ask an ex-colleague to act as a reference.
>>
>>100189686
Yeah bro it takes years to learn how to shart out a generic express server with grpc handlers and your crudware business logic
Gtfo of here you're midwit "senior" coping because he is a code monkey
>>
>>100189617
I wouldn't mind relocating if it turns out they want to hire me after the f2f.
>>
>>100189711
The role never existed anon
This is a classic recruiter technique to fish for manager contacts to add to their rollerdex
>>
>>100189687
Saar, I...
>>
>>100189736
It probably exists because I have an interview already scheduled with the client, but I'm not going to provide references if there isn't an offer first.
I told them that, if they don't like it, tough luck.
>>
>>100189687
Blame retarded companies for thinking you can give some ITard a codebase with zero context on why certain scripts, processes, versions, etc are used in the development and expect them to set up pipelines, networking, deployment
"Devops" was a mistake it needs to be dedicated dev
>>
File: 1617672325483.png (10 KB, 168x111)
10 KB
10 KB PNG
I FUCKING HATE CSS
I AM NOT A FRONTEND DEV
DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS SHIT
>>
File: 917.png (221 KB, 680x880)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
>dude write a catered resume to every job you apply for! sure you might have to go through hundreds if not thousands of applications, and sure some street shitting Indian will probably get the job before you do but trust me bro it will help you stand out!
>>
>>100189362
>>100189329
Some companies let you choose a Linux Thinkpad. My P14S is not that bad.
>>
>>100189846
Same here anon, so fucking tired frontend trash
>>
>>100189893
You don't actually write it. Your intern, ChatGPT, does the tailoring.
>>
>>100189846
Learn tailwind
>>
Are any of the linkedIn "easy apply" jobs even real?
Seems like there always an auto reject
>>
What if i hire a pajeet to apply to jobs for me
>>
Is there an addon that shows how many people applied on indeed
>>
>>100189846
Use css-in-js
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>
>business analyst literally crying after an important client treated him like shit
man I'm glad I'm a software developer
>>
>>100190164
I don't think they should let me near clients. I'd tell them to fuck off soon enough.
>>
Coming up on 3YOE (as a developer) and trying to break into the "afford a house" salary bracket.

Should I consider working for one of those gambling companies like Draftkings - since they seem like the fintech B-team? Or should I try to get into BigTech or die trying?
>>
>>100190164
Poor guy.
>>
>>100190212
Move somewhere cheaper or realize owning a house is a meme and get comfy dabbing on landjannies
>>
>>100190212
>3YOE
>house
here in europooristan a house remains unaffordable even after a life of wage slaving
>>
>>100190336
Just Germanics
High numbers (especially compared to wage) mean houses
>>
File: fit_1713576103560098.jpg (56 KB, 470x484)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>100189802
Update: they still want me to provide a reference and they promise (just trust me bro) they won't call them until I pass the interviews.
At this point I'm tired of this game and tomorrow I will tell them I'm dropping from the process, so they don't fry me with calls today.
>>
>>100190336
>>100190363
Oops forgot the pic
>>
>>100190212
A house is not worth it, unless you already have a family to fill it. Mobility matters.
>>
>>100189519
>tfw had these expenses paid by the uni for the PhD interview
>1k+ since I lived in overseas territory
Feelsgoodman
>>
>>100190375
>18k
Sounds about right. We have even less of a middle class than the rest of the world.
>>
>>100190373
did you not get along with your previous manager? legit question
>>
>>100190317
Getting into that $100-120k bracket where (non-trailer park) real estate is possible seems realistic from some job listings. I'm just tired of this job, and I'd like to make the white minimum wage.

>inb4 get a wife
I work in tech, it never began.
>>
>>100190412
Funniest shit is Germans being poorer than Greeks and Spaniards and not even half as rich as Italians, and thinking they are dominating everyone
>>
>>100190413
Got laid off due to lack of funds along with some higher ups but he wrote me a good reference so I could perfectly use him. It's just that I don't want them to farm his details and importunate him for a shitty opportunity I don't even know its going to materialize into an offer.
>>
People working for big companies: your CEO is a massive asshole too, right? I just want to know if there is maybe one who isn't a massive asshole that people fear, is it even possible?
>>
>>100190511
I don’t even know who the CEO is and I don’t care, his actions don’t affect me
>>
I just assembled a gayming chair that I bought months ago. anons, do you use gayming. I hope this shit doesn't disappoint me...

>>100189540
this only means they rejected you.

>>100190375
>the french are richer than the british
huh, I guess stealing from africa for decades really pays off
>>
Sir please do the needful and bake the next thread
>>
>>100190212
get a good wife with a good job and save together for a down payment. or stay with your parents and aggressively save money. if you live on your own and try to save it will take longer. make sure to use a high yield savings account for free monopoly money

being a single homeowner sucks. this really is only meant for families
t. single homeowner
>>
>>100190568
>anons, do you use gayming chairs?
FFS, I'm sleepy af...
>>
>>100190633
>or stay with your parents and aggressively save money
I'm doing that, but I hate the area, to a large degree because the only single women seem to be fatties and single mothers, all wiggers.
>>
>>100190633
>get a good wife with a good job
Is this possible if you didn't find one in college?
>>
>>100190838
>in college
It's either high school or never.
>>
>>100190838
yes
>>
>>100190838
That's what I'm trying to find out.

t. 33yo richfag (by local standards)
>>
>>100190976
>>100190976
>>100190976
>>
>>100190838
>>100190973
nope
>>
>>100190212
I need 20k euros for 1000 sqr meter of plot, 30k for construction, and 50k for polishings, furniture and all the fine work

So a 100k total, my country is comfy
>>
>>100191064
I'm honestly haunted by not getting pussy in college, because dating after is infinitely worse.
>>
>>100191132
it's over for you what can I say
all happy long lasting couples are people who met in the prime of their youth
>>
>>100189893
It isn't even fucking possible to do without first setting up some kind of resume version control system to keep track of your lies and embellishments for all the different roles with retarded lists of requirements. Why doesn't something like that exist?
>inb4 git
>>
>>100191723
>open the email you sent them
>look at cv you sent them

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.