[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: PXL_20240507_230823008.jpg (2.18 MB, 3072x4080)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
Was anyone else's screening seriously aliased?
>>
Yes. To the point people complained.

Fathom events stream content and it generally looks compressed and terrible.

The credits listed it as having a full dolby cinema grade.
>>
>>22618342
Wild. I saw the HDR credits at the end but my screen wasn't Dolby anyway so I didn't go in expecting that. Speaking of credits though, those were the worst offenders. I thought the CGI suffered the most, but even some static panning shots were gross
>>
I didn't notice that, but I thought the translation was poor. I'm thinking I'll see it tomorrow as well.
>>
>>22618312
No but I've seen other people posting a really bad one to the point it looks camripped
>>
>>22618312
Damn you americans sure got fucked, meanwhile here in France it was in a premium cinema
>>
I just kind of go into Fathom things knowing I'm getting some form of a subpar experience, one way or another. Be it shitty subs, weird audio or poorer video quality.
>>
It did feel slightly lower quality, but also it felt like I was watching a TV series with a lot of off model frames.
>>
File: 1.jpg (1.26 MB, 2784x1647)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>22618378
I have been going to /a/ and /m/s at the theaters for many years and one that that has gotten ridiculous is the opening company cards. Pic related was great. Mars Express was the worse offender. There were like 20.
Satellite HDdvr issues aside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPuQQEvs_yo
>>
>>22618463
As a frog I apologize for Mars Express being ruined in the US.
Did you fags at least had access to the original french dub? It's extremely superior
>>
File: get drunk.jpg (1.15 MB, 2973x1338)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB JPG
>>22618471
No it was only English I wanted either nip or frog. It was 1000 times better than I expected though. And I knew nothing about it going into it except for the chirashi.
>>
>>22618478
>nip
why asking for a japanese dub when the movie is 100% made in France?

Was it a serious english dub or using english anime voices? The original french dub is actually played by "real actors" (in a good way).
>>
>>22618312
My screening in Canada is fine, with that said the screening I went to got bamboozled since there is a later screening which I didn't know existed is actually in JP audio / EN sub so we had to suffer with LAKUZ CLYNE (where the audience basically laughed for the first few times it happened) instead.
>>
>>22618488
I still can't believe that's how it's pronounced now
>>
Did Orphee sounded pathetic enough in english? How was Ingrid?
>>
>>22618482
Because of the way it sounds. I didn't recognize any of the voices but I don't know many english VAs by ear as I usually see subs or raws at the theater depending where I am and I don't watch Disney stuff. I don't think it was Hollywood people as they used to do at Ghiblis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Wcibr8jaQ
>>
>>22618495
The dub is tmw.
>>
>>
>>22618514
So many missed opportunities with Murrue
>>
>>22618607
Murrue had a lot less fanservice this time around. She did look hot in those torn leggings at least.
>>
>>
>>22618641
>attempted rape
>she just deadfishes until he runs off in a tard rage
Honestly even Embryo wasn't this pathetic.
>>
>>22618653
idiot was sheltered as fuck.
>>
>>22618653
Well It is honest. I WANT YOU I WANT EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU I WILL RAPE YOU. girl doesn't give a fuck. See : Once upon a time in America. Although that was a bit more realistic. The scene made it's point though.
>>
>>22618633
>Murrue had a lot less fanservice this time around
What a waste of a film.
>>
>>22618673
You do get Lacus in an insanely skintight suit though to the point she is essentially naked for like 20 mins
>>
File: boobs.jpg (1.31 MB, 2868x1707)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>22618688
>>
>>22618724
Imagine Meer's boobs in this
>>
File: lac boob.jpg (969 KB, 1863x1458)
969 KB
969 KB JPG
Needs moar boobs.
>>
>>22618312
I didn't really notice it.
>>
I just came back mine looked fine
I went to a Cinemark
Could the theater company have to do with it?
>>
>>22618514
That scene was utterly based.
>>
File: image.png (197 KB, 720x405)
197 KB
197 KB PNG
>>22618688
>Lacus is in her backpack delivery plane for about 5 minutes
>every single interior shot is a fanservice ass or bust view
Glad to see Fukuda is still on top of things
>>
>>22618802
Someone watched too much Darling in the Franx
>>
I felt like I was watching Gundam on crack.
The jump cuts were like a machine gun.

And Lacus and Kira landing on Earth immediately after the fight and stripping on the beach like a perverted couple was peak cinema
>>
This shit was so fucking stupid. And it was also fucking KINO. Good fanfare and fanservice. It really does feel like it was supposed to come out a little after Destiny instead of after all these years. But at least we got it. Shinn was cute as fuck the entire movie who just wanted a headpat from Kira. Gundam Seed/10. Only wish I have would be the original english dub to reprise their roles. I heard Lacus' old english VA is coming back, so that'd be cool.
>>
>>22618828
Agreed on basically every point. It was stupid as hell but I honestly kinda liked it. They dropped every bit of fan service they could, from blink-and-you'll-miss-it poses and shots to bumping Meteor towards the end. They absolutely embraced the memeification of SEED over the years, Shinn being the biggest example of that.
>>
>>22618847
Honestly, the whole vibe of the movie reminded of of Code Geass Re;surrection, which was also kino and fan service
>>
File: holy fucking kino.png (254 KB, 640x524)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>22618828
>This shit was so fucking stupid. And it was also fucking KINO.
My thoughts exactly
>>
>>22618894
absolute FUCKING cinema
>>
>>22618828
>Athrun saves the day in a red Z'Gok
Awesome
>gets blown up, but Infinite Justice was actually inside it
What
>>
>>22618949
there's no way they didnt have fun making this shit
>>
>>22618828
I loved it so much, it was everything I like about SEED and its absurdities. Every scene with Shinn or Athrun in it was perfect.
>>
File: jerid.jpg (23 KB, 592x444)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>final boss's primary motivation, even above the Destiny Plan, is cucking Kira
I laughed
>>
File: mis lados.jpg (211 KB, 909x789)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>Shinn sticking a gun into the small of Luna's back just to fuck with her and getting ippon'd immediately
Based retard
>>
File: 1485488981698.jpg (136 KB, 544x544)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>22618979
she loves her little mountain monkey
>>
>>22618653
There needs to be a new SRW game with Cross Ange and Seed Freedom plots mixed in. Didn’t care for the Seed and Cross Ange mix in SRW V but Freedom has what’s necessary to make it kino.
>>
File: bill kek.jpg (116 KB, 1200x946)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>22618980
>You think I'd put up with him if I didn't love him?!
>>
>>22618828
>Shinn was cute as fuck the entire movie who just wanted a headpat from Kira.
No this was stupid. He's supposed to be 18 years old. Not some 6 year old kid.
>>
>>22618995
he acted like a 6 year old kid in destiny, but edgy. After destiny and Athrun's ass whooping, he mellowed out and can now just be chill and have some fun. His character was fine. 18 years old is still a freaking kid, let's be real.
>>
>>22618995
After all the shit Shinn got roped into in Destiny and having been made such a fool of, it only makes sense he would be trying so hard to prove his worth. He's a good kid, he just wanted a chance to finally show it and he got it. It's not like he even ever went out of line at any point, either. I think the movie did a great job of showing his growth and making him fun to watch without sacrificing his personality.
>>
>>22619033
>He's a good kid,
He's not a kid. He a grown adult. A young man. It's gross that you are trying to infantalize him. He literally kills others for a living.
>>
>>22618312
This movie had pacing and editing issues. The CGI animation was also wonky at times.

I feel like it would have been better as a 12 episode mini-series where they could have spent more time building up Compass, Foundation, and to show how ZAFT was truly divided. That many Coordinators supported the Destiny Plan.

I think it would be best if ZAFT had broken apart like how the EA broke apart. To show that there isn't unity. Instead Team Lacus just crushed all opposition with illegal nuclear powered weapons that breaks the Treaty. This isn't how you enforce peace.
>>
>>22618828
>I heard Lacus' old english VA is coming back, so that'd be cool.
where?
>>
Saw it. Meh 7/10 for me. Needed to be longer.
>>
>>22618502
Not in Canada
>>
>>22618995
>>22619067
Willing to bet this is the same anon who for the longest time shitposted that Destiny was the best gundam entry bar none and that Kira is the best.
>>
>>22619126
?

Destiny Gundam Spec II was better than Strike Gundam Spec II in the movie. Didnt you see Shinn dodging and using clones. Its not better than Mighty Freedom but way better then Strike Freedom.
>>
>>22619126
>isn't aware of the meme
Anon...that's literally what it says in the Destiny Gundam databook. That's why the Gundam community was repeating it. You actually thought someone was making it up? Lmao.
>>
File: 1475959907639.jpg (47 KB, 762x560)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>22619126
No, that's me.
I don't give a shit about Shinn and I still don't.
Kira is still the best, and the movie made that even more true.
>>22619138
>>22619182
SF/SFII/MSF will always be stronger and better than Destiny/Destiny Spec II.
Also he meant the show, not the Gundam itself.
>>
>>22619184
>SF/SFII/MSF will always be stronger and better than Destiny/Destiny Spec II.
The only thing that made Strike Freedom special was that it was just a really fast and nimble suit. That's why it aged poorly. Once SF lost the speed advantage over its enemies, it was weak in every other category. SF aged the worst.

Destiny Gundam had that special Mirage colloid wings of light after images. It's also pretty well balanced. It aged well.

Infinite Justice is like a beam saber hedgehog with like 12 beam sabers. Beam sabers never go out of style. It aged like freaking fine wine.
>>
>>22619193
That's because its loadout is everything the Femto Armor is designed to withstand. If anything, the Original Freedom's Loadout would've worked better.
>>
>>22619079
Kira being a self pitying mess with an inferiority complex would have been unbearable in any larger dose, and Agnes would have went from cute insecure bitch who deserves a second chance to people realizing she is essentially just SEED's Reccoa. I think the quick pacing helped this a lot.
>>
>>22618979
Reminded me of that Muv Luv doujinshi where the MC dresses as a terrorist just so he can rape his girlfriend for the kink of it i guess.
>>
>>22618724
>>22618802
Why did it take so fucking long for Lacus to get genuine fanservice? She had some ridiculous slutty dresses in Destiny like the blue sideboob one and the one where it's pretty clear she wasn't wearing panties, but they never actually animated sexy sequences with her in Destiny.
>>
>>22618312
The larger panning shots of the ships had some jaggies but I don't think that was my specific screening.
>>
+Meyrin got a huge glow up
+Best comedy/action by far in CE
+unironically the best gundam movie in the franchise
+Kira gets his fucking ass beat
+So many fucking cameos and reference
+Fanservice for people who love UC
+Z'Gog changing to the infinite justice
+METEOR
+Stella + Cagali mind block

-Villains were kinda lame
-Kira and Lacus were the worst part of the movie for me. Cool that they added depth. Definitely not the way I wanted for them though. My theater was cheering when Athrun beat his fucking ass. I swear almost every time Kira or Lacus had their moments I was fucking laughing my ass off. Kira was my favorite protagonist in SEED but just seeing this shit for the first 60-70% of the film where everyone just fucks with him and shits on his day is fucking hilarious.
-really you're calling the mobile suit MIGHTY Freedom? Not ANGEL Freedom or something else cooler than fucking MIGHTY?
-Meyrin barely had any lines
-Cagali barely does fucking shit
-Still no actual answer over being against the Destiny Plan

9/10 for me. Happy as fuck I went in blind.
>>
>>22619235
Because Lacus is Fukuda's wife self-insert. She would never approve of giving Lacus fanservice. She wanted Lacus to be a pure princess. The Lacus fanservice is this movie is all Fukuda's doing.
>>
Now that Americans have seeing it, the movie discussion are gonna be annoying
>>
File: 1713105505161.jpg (387 KB, 1053x1293)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
I just realized something after watching the movie again.

Shinn and Rey are much better pilots than Orphee and Shura. Destiny and Legend took down Strike Freedom less than a minute working together during the 2nd Battle of Orb. Athrun had to come in and save Kira from a killing blow.

Meanwhile Orphee and Shura had much more advanced suits and a lot more firepower. They could also could read Kira's mind. But it took them like 20 minutes of "in-movie" time to beat down Strike Freedom until it overheated and shut down.

How does that make sense?
>>
>>22619266
probably on other sites. already seeing
>MOVIE TOO HORNY!!!!!!!!!!!
>ORPHEE IS AN INCELLLLLLLL
>KIRA IS A KEKKKKKK (actually this will be spammed here more tbqh)
>>
>>22619282
Yeah Shinn proved himself quite capable here, if not even more comically hot headed than before.
>>
>>22619317
I mean Orphee being an incel works a little Ngl.
He’s pretty up in the pathetic ball against Iron Mask
>>
>>22619350
Kira also accepting the cuckery in the first half was also pretty bad. then having that weird fucking moment in front of everyone where he's like "IM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU DAMN IT NO SHIT I HAVE TO FIGHT ALONE" was fucking hilarious.
>>
>>22619353
He earned every punch Athrun landed
>>
>>22619353
It's terrible because Kira talking to the two people in that room who actually have beaten him 1v1. No wonder Athrun pummeled Kira so hard. Kira was being a whiny idiot.

If Kira didn't have Freedom and just had an ordinary suit, then I'm not even sure he could defeat Hilda.
>>
>>22619244
>My theater was cheering when Athrun beat his fucking ass
Mine too
Probably every theater
That part was just so good
And shinn tries to intervene and gets his face punched too lmao
>>
>>22618828
It was so stupid it loops back to being good. Every single scene has a joke in it.
Shizuka na yoru playing everytime lacus on screen and the ship professor speaking on double speed are my favorite ones.
>>
>>22619366
Same here, chuckling the entire time, but bursting out laughing when Shinn got involved
>>
File: happy.jpg (1.32 MB, 3024x2163)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB JPG
>>
File: 3.jpg (1.03 MB, 3003x1773)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB JPG
>>
>>22619416
He delivered.
>>
>>22619416
I found it amusing that Fukuda admitted it was challenging to blend the CGI and 2D animation
>>
>interview with Fukuda before the movie
>he doesn't say his goal is to make a good movie
>he specifically says he wants to make an entertaining movie that makes people live with a smile on their face
Some of this shit had to be on purpose, they HAD to be in on the joke. Either way, mission accomplished old man.
>>
>>22619361
Kira and Athrun tied.
>>
>>22618380
The translation was supervised by Bandai and it's a faithful one without the inventions that some translators keep adding these days.
>>
>>22619485
Kira was in a worse position when the battle was over. Kira needed to be rescued or he would have died.

Athrun did not need any help.
>>
>>22619486
Other countries got other translations not by Bandai and they were a lot better and organic. the one made by Bandai feels like it's devoid of passion.
The best translations usually have changes, to fit the context of the language better, as long it keeps the same meaning.
>>
>>22619112
>Meh
>7/10
These should not be in the same sentence. 7/10 means it's way above average and close to being universally acclaimed. You kids with your shitty video game reviews have completely forgotten how to use a scoring system. God you sound like those dumb IGN reviewers who get paid to say things like "this game fucking sucks it's generic as shit 9.5/10 game of the year"
>>
>>22619486
Not true. This isn't 2001 anymore.
Internet has given Japanese companies way too much control over localization nkw.

It's gotten to the point where the Japanese use English names for their characters and shows, but mispronounce them. Then when we import the show into America, the Japanese studio breathes micro-manages the dub and insists English speakers mispronounce the English words they use.

Simon from Guren Lagann is a good example. We're all supposed to call him "Sea-mon" in the english dub. Even though the Japanese used an English name and mispronounced it.

And of course there's the whole Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 dub fiasco where the Japanese studio demanded the entire movie be re-recorded because they thought Americans were laughing at the screening was too disrespectful. And the reason they thought Americans were laughing was because the dub studio must not have correctly translated the words and didn't convey the Director Anno's meaning. Nope. Americans were laughing because the movie was just too weird and bad.

Japan has way too much control now.
>>
>>22619501
>>22619486
>>22618380
>Dullindel
>>
>>22619507
10/10 is 100% which is an A. Perfect Score.

9/10 is 90% which is an A-

8/10 is 80% which is a B. Above average.

7/10 is 70% which is a C. This is considered average.
>>
>>22619512
What the hell is this, isn't 5/10 supposed to be average? 7/10 is pretty good
>>
>>22619481

I may not like Fukuda but after I saw the movie almost a month ago, I had more fun there than Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury.
>>
>>22619507
7/10 is barely passing anon. Anything below 70% would be a D, which is just a F with a nicer name
>>
>>22619516

5/10 is half. That's 50% and considered an F.

A failing grade is all schools.
>>
>>22619525
Dear god you americans sure have a strange rating system
>>
>>22619508
>Simon from Guren Lagann is a good example. We're all supposed to call him "Sea-mon" in the english dub. Even though the Japanese used an English name and mispronounced it.
Simon isn't an English name, English speakers that changed the pronunciation. Many countries pronounce it like the Japanese does. Though if it's alright to adapt it or not it's a whole other discussion. They did it for the Belmont and most are fine with it.
>>
>>22619510
That's a stupid thing where Bandai insists on it because it's on a model kit box somewhere.

>>22619508
>Nope. Americans were laughing because the movie was just too weird and bad.
It was actually just that the piano scene is really, REALLY fucking gay in western eyes and no amount of "seeing things as Anno meant it to be" can change that
>>
>>22619510
It's always gonna be Dullindal going forward and we knew this since last year. >>22619436
>>
>>22619512
>>22619525
This isn't school. 5/10 is mediocre, half good and half bad. Anything above 5 is positive.
>>
>>22619531
It's really funny because even japanese people call him Durandal, same as other countries. It make the US sound very retarded in a "we want to keep the original way it sound"
it be like calling Toei Spiderman "Supaidaman" in a serious way
>>
>>22619528
>Simon isn’t a English name

Nani
>>
>>22619546
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_(given_name)
>>
>>22619533
You are thinking in terms math calculations.

Not actual grading.

5/10 and below is considered a failure and lacking the basic fundamentals.
>>
>>22619528
>Simon isn't an English name
LMAO. It sure as hell isn't a Japanese name. They have no right to tell us how to pronounce Simon.
>>
>>22619554
Don't be retarded >>22619552
>>
>>22619528
Do you seriously think the Simon isn't a Western name?
>>
>>22619560
nta but what he means is, it DID used to be pronounced Sea-mon, but english speakers stopped saying it that way
>>
>>22619521
Jesus fucking Christ you retards don't understand math do you? 5/10 is average. This isn't your school grading system.
>>
I gotta say, there is something inherently amusing about the fact that the primary conflict for the Ultimate Coordinator is that he can't give his gf cummies anymore and now he's sad.
>>
>>22619361
>this cope again
Kira had the advantage over Athrun throughout the first half of SEED with their last battle being a tie (Athrun confirmed this) and then Kira defeated Athrun in Destiny.
And Kira defeated Shinn at ORB, who had to run away.
>>
>>22619416
He delivered. Everyone in my theater laughed at moments. Everyone just seemed to have a good time. Whether it was because they thought it was fucking dumb or genuinely awesome. They did good man. Can't wait to own this shit in 20 years and the MG/RG versions of the gunpla. Now I can listen to the FREEDOM song.
>>22619088
nevermind, I fucked up.
>>
>>22619621
even ultimate beings need sex
hmmmm
>>
I don't know what to think about the whole "the new movie suits job and they beat the bad guys using their old (tuned up) suits from Destiny". On one hand, it avoids the whole "we get a new better robot just for the movie" problem so many of these kinds of movies have, but at the same time it just makes the new machines look like chumps and shows how pathetic the Black Knight suits are compared to proper Gundams from the 2nd War
>>
>>22619638
I mean, we probably will see the black knight fucking the freedom over in the OVA.
It's still an enhanced freedom and enhanced Destiny, they are more powerful than in the past
+ power of love
>>
>>22619638
>how pathetic the Black Knight suits
But they are
they only won because of underhandedness and literal mind control/psychic powers
once those were negated and they were forced to fight fair, they fell so fast it wasn't even funny how bad everyone from foundation was and how much of a crutch their superpowers were
>>
>>22619527
Not advocating for using same system in movie rating but it makes sense not to pass someone who doesnt even know half the material
>>
>>22619641
>It's still an enhanced freedom and enhanced Destiny, they are more powerful than in the past
In Shinn's case it's clear the whole film that he just has the wrong suit, Immortal Justice is just completely incompatible with his fighting style and even without the upgrades it's obvious how much better he is with the Destiny.
>>
Does no one want to talk about the dumbest part of the movie? The villains?
I was talking with a friend and joking about what could possible be the plot of a gundam seed movie taking place after destiny. Like were they going to fight some people who are all like "HEY WE WANTED DURANDAL'S DESTINY PLAN!" "DIE FOR TAKING AWAY OUR FUTURE AS SLAVES TO OUR DNA" "WE WANTED TO BE TIED DOWN AND NOT HAVE ANY FREE WILL". and we had a great laugh at it

Then we watched the movie and the villains ACTUALLY UNIRONICALLY WERE EXACTLY THAT

WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>22619644
Nta but that's why with media I've always been an advocate of the 4 point rating scale of
>Very Bad
>Bad
>Very Good
>Good
The reason I say 4 and not 5 is once you have that midpoint, it's inevitable that 90% of the time you'll just give something a 3 instead of having to actually commit on whether something is good or bad. X-Play was infamous for its abuse of the 3/5 back in the day.
>>
>>22619649
>Very Good
>Good
good is supposed to be 3 and not 4, but you know what I meant there
>>
>>22619642
>if the superpowered people didn't have superpowers they'd suck
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
>>
>The single physical katana
I WILL take that as my one Astray reference, and you cannot stop me.
>>
Who the fuck as Michael
>>
>>22619656
me :)
>>
File: It's_All_So_Tiresome.png (643 KB, 1022x731)
643 KB
643 KB PNG
>>22619656
YET ANOTHER Blue Cosmos leader. Can't keep a good terrorist down I guess.
>>
>>22619645
Why did Kira even gave him this MS? Did Shinn just never complained it fucking sucked?
>>
>>22619654
I don't think it's a real reference, most of the seed staff don't give a single shit about Astray. It's not even on the official website anymore (when Eclipse is)
>>
>>22619662
I said you cannot stop me.
>>
>>22619646
but that's realistic. Look at the real world
>>
File: MUH GENES.png (277 KB, 602x846)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>22619646
I think you meant "We are supposed to rule over those filithy Naturals because of our inherent superiority", IFF the Accords and the coup faction ZAFT actually succeeded they would probably just rule the world with an iron fist or something.
>>
>>22619653
I don't think you understood the point.
>>
>people still complain that rejecting the Destiny Plan is just meaningless platitudes
The most human emotion of all is FUCK YOU I DO WHAT I WANT. That's literally the only justification you even need to reject a literal gesellschaft .
>>
>>22619670
>>22619665
The problem is in the movie, there's people who unironically want it
I don't understand this mindset
>>
>>22619675
Because they want more simple lives.
Why do you think many people accept goverment doing policies that restrict their freedom IRL?
Destiny Plan is that on a genetic level. Don't stress, because we will give you what you were made for the best.
>>
>>22619675
Anon are you familiar with Adolf Hitler
>>
>>22619676
>>22619675
>>22619670
>>
>>22619675
The people who want it are the people who'd control everything. It's the 2nd most human emotion of all: "God DAMN everyone is a fucking retard except me"
>>
>>22619675
We have a whole century of this you know. It's "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" taken to an extreme level.
>>
>>22619680
So literally communism.
>>
>>22619682
The Destiny Plan doesn't talks about who owns capital.
>>
I HATE pouty lips
>>
>>22619680
There was many average joe who wanted the destiny plan too, hell, Fondation wasn't a small squad, it was a country. And before them trying to enforce it on the world, people mostly were cool with them.
>>
File: images (29).jpg (65 KB, 739x415)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>22619642
Yes, the novel elaborated that the four knights fell in succession due to their minds being linked for the synchro attack. Hence it was a double edged sword.
>>
>>22619710
hahaha psycucks btfo
>MUH MINDCONTROL
Probably should have thought to be a better pilot rather than cheat for everything
>>
>>22619686
Wasn't the world at large in a state of confusion when Durandal announced it?

Atlantic Federation: Against (even tried to attack but got Requiem'd)
Rest of the Earth Alliance: Unknown
ORB: Against
Kingdom of Scandinavia: Neutral (but it was a literal who country in size so it didn't matter)

I would assume only the PLANT allied territories might support it but that should be about it.

>Foundation wasn't a small squad, it was a country.
But the country as a whole was pretty much a pawn to the Accord scheme and was nuked anyway when they are considered useless to them.
>>
>>22619686
>Fondation wasn't a small squad, it was a country
That country was just a city and a couple small towns and that's about it.
>>
>>22619625
>Whether it was because they thought it was fucking dumb or genuinely awesome
Like half and half. I had to hold back laughter when the Zgok appeared and started crabwalking all over Shura because I just couldn’t believe what I was seeing but the rest of the movie was genuinely awesome
>>
>>22619883
I need a redub with Char's OST in that moment. That's all I could hear.
>>
I'm very confused, why was there a coup in ZAFT again?
>>
>>22619646
There's more to it than that. The Accords are basically reskins of the Innovades from 00. Of course they want the Destiny Plan because they believe they're superior to everyone and naturally would be the ones in charge of the stupid apes known as the human race.THEY wouldn't be tied down to it. Only the lesser castes of Coordinators and Naturals would with Naturals being regulated to turd class civilians at best.
>>
>>22619921
People defecting in support of Foundation and the Destiny Plan because it turns out like half of all coordinators are still racist
>>
>>22619623
>Kira defeated Shinn at ORB
False. ATHRUN defeated Shinn at ORB. Because Kira was getting double teamed by Shinn and Rey.
>>
>>22619675
shit i wouldn't mind it in a vacuum. having your life decided for you seems sweet. of course it doesn't work in reality but it's not a bad ideal at all. no conflict, just peace and progression.
>>
>>22619938
>ike half of all coordinators are still racist
lmao
They never learn do they?
>>
>>22619952
It doesn't seem sweet at all
>man I really like learning about technology and I want to learn and become a software engineer
>according to this your genes are more in tune with ditch digging
>Have fun ditch digger
>stabs job chip into your palm
Seriously what about any of what the destiny plan is is... "Sweet"?
>>
>>22619997
but you'd probably like ditch digging
>>
>>22619997
You're starting from having a specific and concrete desire and having it thwarted and not the very common situation of having a great many options and no real idea which to choose. You've never known anyone who had difficulty choosing a direction in life? Hell, you've never been in a situation where people keep going back and forth on what to order at a restaurant? There's a very real appeal to not having to make decisions and to having certainty (even if it's imparted upon you) - it's a large part of what attracts people to cults or their functional cousins.
>>
>>22620018
>>22620001
Literal NPCs out there
>>
>>22620033
i think it's more npc to dismiss an idea.
aristotle golden means be the best person you can be
>>
SEED > Freedom >>>>> Destiny
Still the best movie in the franchise though
>>
I'm just surprise how they weren't really afraid to showcase the "horrors of war". Even hathaway doesn't really do it even though Davao is suppose to be the big oh shit sequence but F91 and Freedom definitely did it better. You see bodies melted, you see the citizens freak the fuck out. And freedom did it multiple times. why the fuck did they pussy out so much in Hathaway then with the city destruction? Because it's a real place?
>>
>>22620079
SEED has always been pretty graphic and never afraid to show civilians being slaughtered or pilots taking direct hits from weapons. Can't speak for Hathaway, but Freedom was just being faithful to its roots.
>>
>>22620079
They've been doing that since the original show. It was most definitely some kind of producer mandate ("no no we're showing this movie in SEA they'll get mad!").
>>
>>22620091
>>22620079
moscow is fair game huh
>>
>>22620079
I'm surprised they didn't show when Kira blasted that Eurasian defense line
It showed them seeing the freedom come
Then it showed Kira locking onto them thinking it was Michael and the cinema of it being blurred and distorted so you could see what he was actually targeting
Then the next shit is just the freedom firing every laser
Cut to reactions and another scene
Then back to just flaming wreckage

I thought they would have explicitly shown kiras lasers popping people
>>
Just wanna say how much this thread takes me back...
>>
>―The film has now opened on cinemas across Japan. How do you feel about the box office response?―
>Fukuda: It doesn't really concern me.
>―Really…?!―
>Fukuda: From my perspective, I'm happy if the fans say they enjoyed it. If people leave the theater with smiles on their faces, that's the best result. My work on the project is done, after all. (Laughs)

>Hoshi: Wow, an enlightened stance…

>Fukuda: It's nothing like that, just the truth. Now that it's out of my hands (due to the release), I can relax. Until now, I thought only of making a movie that fans of the SEED series would enjoy. I never thought about whether it would be financially successful or not. Financial success carries its own stress after all. (Laughs)

>Hoshi: Come on! That can't be true (laughs).

>―Thanks to the fans, the film is already a huge hit, even compared to other works in the GUNDAM series.―
Fukuda: It wasn't a point of emphasis during production. Even so, the fact that the fans' support and the efforts of the staff have made it the number one box office earner in GUNDAM history is a great honor. I'm happy for them that it's a hit.

How can one man be so based?
>>
>>22620128
Fukuda has the luxury of worrying about earnings because SEED literally prints money
>>
>>22620130
Of *not* worrying.
>>
>>22620128
It really shows in the movie. Im not the biggest fan of Seed (I'd go as far as saying I disliked Destiny) but I walked out of Freedom on a high. It's goofy and kinda retarded, but it's fun. I don't think EVERY Gundam should be like that but it is nice to see once in awhile.
>>
>>22620128
>Until now, I thought only of making a movie that fans of the SEED series would enjoy.
I love how he says this as oppose to everyone's elses mindset these days of "fuck the OG fans, we need to expand our audience!".
>>
tbf SEED FREEDOM had a lot of UC callbacks
>Gyatttt(n)
>Quess
>Z'Gok
>>
So I just saw the movie and at the end of her battle against Luna, Agnes said "I loved him too" and I am just kind of wondering who was she talking about?
>>
>>22620152
>Her dead boyfriend
>Shinn Asuka
>Kira Yamato
>Athrun Zala
pick one or all
>>
>>22619715
Can't forget they shitted their pants at the Stella tulpa

>>22620157
Did she care for Shura or was it just her being horny for powerful men?
>>
>Anime Expo announced Kawamori as guest of honor

East Coast bros, does this mean Otakon will get Fukuda….
>>
>>22620128
You realize this is a promotional tour and he needs to SELL the film and promote the right? Being humble is good for the cameras, but he knows behind the scenes that box office is very important. Fukuda knows how to play politics.
>>
>>22619675
The grass is always greener on the other side. People aren't prospering under monarchy and think life might get better - that they might achieve utopia - if they democratize, so they overthrow the monarchy and set up a democracy but the life of the average person remains unchanged. Then people think that their lives would be better under monarchy or communism, etc. The truth is that we live in a sinful, fallen world where we have decaying bodies and people are evil towards each other and there are limited resources. Life will not get better until the Lord returns. Until then we must endure, but time and again people buy into the promises, the fantasies that they will achieve heaven on earth.

The issue with the heroes though is that they don't address the fundamental problem here. If they tell people to reject the Destiny Plan or Spacenoid supremism or whatever, then people are just going to follow some other demagogue's visionary idea or rhetoric. The heroes aren't convincing people why they should shut up and tough it out.
>>
>>22620172
They convinced me :)
>>
>>22620184
Yeah, but you could be convinced by a particularly unconvincing sparrow.
>>
>>22620161
they were jobbers AND gay
hilarious
>>
>>22620172
The way I see it is Lacus and Kira and crew are basically the Chaos ending for SMT. It's freedom to do what you want but you need to fight for it sometimes. In a case like that the mightiest survive but at least there's always a chance for everyone and there's freedom. Every other system always has some ball or chain or shackle and that's not good.
>>
>>22619646
>CE era
>good villains

That was your first mistake
>>
>>22619710
When one feels something, the rest feels it too.
>>
>>22619317
Its funny that the fanservice was tasteful in universe. Her pilot suit sexy as hell and she knows it, she asked for permission to launch in a sound only call.
>>
>>22619638
>>22619641
>>22619642
>they only won because of underhandedness and literal mind control/psychic powers
>once those were negated and they were forced to fight fair, they fell so fast it wasn't even funny how bad everyone from foundation was and how much of a crutch their superpowers were

Absolutely not. The Black Knights were using battery powered suits. They were the underdogs here. All of them. They put up a hell of a fight for such limited battery suits. Of course Fukuda only allows his heroes to have nuclear powered suits. Bad guys can't have nuclear power and be on even ground.
>>
>>22620145
Weird version of Gallant Char plays when the Z'GOK first appears too.
>>
this is the first time seeing an anime movie and wow anime fans look exactly like anime fans. i thought they only exist in fantasy or something but jesus.
>>
File: 1444874978970.png (62 KB, 377x402)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
>drove 4 hours down to LA to watch the damn movie
>most people in theater were brown
Granted, it's LA, but SEEDfags sure aren't beating the allegations.
>>
>>22620230
the battery power is a non issue because their femcel armor recharges the battery by tanking beam weapons. These suits were also designed specifically to take out Kira Yamato/Freedom and literally Orb's lead technician tells the protags "yeah even if you have these suits they are still outdated compared to the black knights". Skill made the difference.

go to bed Orphee.
>>
>>22620240
Sounds like an LA problem. My theater was white and asian and perhaps not as surprising as I initially thought, packed
>>
>>22620239
...all but you, right?
>>
Needed more Cagalli

I will also be thinking lewd thoughts about her
>>
>>22620230
But the power supply difference didn't seem to matter much considering Orphee still taunts Kira for challenging him with an outdated mobile Suit, and none of the Black Knights ever have any power issues either despite also having vastly superior armor. Rising Freedom and Luna's Impulse are the only times battery power ever matters. They were simply outskilled by Shinn and Athrun without their mind reading gimmick to carry them.
>>
I think Shinn should've been the one to murk Shura to avenge himself. Or perhaps the point is he wouldn't care to anymore because he's happy and has a girlfriend unlike Shura who studied the blade his whole life
>>
>>22620242
>Orb's lead technician tells the protags "yeah even if you have these suits they are still outdated compared to the black knights"
>Destiny makes clones that can actually physically damage suita
>Freedom swaps backpacks. Can destroy entire fleets and asteroids now.

Yeah sure. Use your eyes anon.
>>
Imagine being Shura and dueling someone to the death only to read his mind and find out he's here because he really wants to fuck a politician. I'd be mad too.
>>
why didn't they just check the radar to figure out which after-image was real?
>>
>>22620249
>none of the Black Knights ever have any power issues
Because if you actually paid attention, the Black Knights use extremely simple and basic weapons. A basic beam rifle, basic shield, and sword. None of them use energy draining weapons.

>either despite also having vastly superior armor.
The Femtek armor doesn't drain battery to use it. It only activates when shot at with beams. It's like Akatsuki armor but absorbs instead of reflects.
>>
>>22620276
skill issue
>>
>>22620246
im kinda cyborg. i don't think im that normie but these people legit looked like they didn't take a shower in a week. and most of them were balding. even the women looked smelly af
>>
>>22620278
And Orphee's suit that has even more powerful DRAGOONs than Strike Freedom?
>>
>>22620288
How is the MS piloted anyway? Ingrid also is in it, is she the one who attacks? Or pilot?
>>
uhhh it was pretty obvious the black knights were carried because no beam weapons could hurt them.
>bu-bu-but they took down the original untouchable strike freedom!
yeah when it was stolen by some kid. What we have here is a classic tale as old as time, outside of Shura they have no practice against people who can actually hurt them so when the going gets tough they fold faster than superman on laundry day. Go back and look at 00 Season 2 ending for another example. No Veda? all the innovades ded.
>>
>>22620276
lmao git gud
>>
>>22620288
>And Orphee's suit that has even more powerful DRAGOONs than Strike Freedom?
Shooting multiple beams on a Dragoon has been a thing since Season 1 with Providence Gundam. Legend did it. Even Akatsuki can do it. Strike Freedom Gundam is the only odd one out...that shoots just one beam on its Dragoons for some reason.
>>
>>22620277
After-images created by Mirage Colloid can probably fool radar as well on top of any potential interference of N Jammer if that is still used

>>22620290
Orphee (front) pilots while Ingrid (back) takes care of weapon controls
>>
I'd like to know why Kira let Rey live but decided Orphee needed to fucking die. Disruptor could have easily dismantled what was left of the Karla.
>>
>>22620301
Orphee almost raped Lacus
That's why
>>
>>22620301
Orphee tried to steal Lacus. Kira took it personal
>>
>>22620301
Kira let Rey to die, he could have saved him at the end but didnt.
And he did gave a chance to Orphee with Lacus at the end, they really told him to give up and love someone else (Ingrid) because there's no destiny
Orphee just refused to listen.
>>
File: agnes.jpg (147 KB, 1280x720)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>executed the following day
>>
>>22620301
Lacus's killer intent got to him while their minds were linked.
>>
>>22620301
Orphee wiped out two cities.
>>
>>22620322
It was just a joke
>>
>>22620306
>Kira let Rey to die, he could have saved him at the end but didnt.
Isn't that more of Talia's doing since she basically pointed a gun at Kira and Athrun to tell them to leave?

>>22620310
Surely her parents' political influence (if they are still have any left) could at least reduce her sentence to being a breeding sow instead
>>
>>22620301
>>22620306
Didn't Rey choose to die? Plus, didn't he not have long to live anyway? Though, it still feels like his turn only happened so that he could shoot Durandal so that Kira didn't have to.
>>22620310
Somehow, I still think she would get pardoned. Either because of her family bailing her out or Kira and co, thinking she was being manipulated.
>>
>>22620325
>Isn't that more of Talia's doing since she basically pointed a gun at Kira and Athrun to tell them to leave?
This was changed in the HD remaster, she no longer point a gun at him if I remember right before him leaving
>>
>>22620325
Luna turns Agnes into her and Shinn's personal sex slave?
>>
honestly idk why they didn't show the "FREEDOM" INCIDENT or showed any background over agnes. that was a little confusing.

anyways does anyone know how to do the whole MBON ExVs 2 thing on PC? I have a craving to play it again LOL
>>
>>22620330
Of course it was.
>>
File: uooh.gif (554 KB, 480x480)
554 KB
554 KB GIF
>>22620310
Agnes is pure sex, dear God
>>
>>22620339
OVAs to milk maybe?
>>
>>22619507
The scoring system is just fucked on several countries, because schools consider you a failure below 7
>>
>>22619486
They should've pronounce names like athrun and cagalli as aslan and kagari. Bandai isn't god, they could be wrong.
>>
File: mpv-shot0026.jpg (258 KB, 1492x1080)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>22620301
Some people just can't be allowed to live, even someone like Kira surely understands that.
>>
>>22620377
Scores are not universal because the weight of the outcomes are not the same.

Statistics make people stupid. If you're in Vegas and you have a 98% chance to win, you'd be stupid not to bet on it, as the risk to yourself is very low (you lose a little bit of money). But if you're playing Russian Roulette and have a 98% chance to live, you'd be stupid to play. It's not about the chance. It's about the impact. Sure, you have a 98% chance to live, but IF you're the 2%, you lose your life.

Same thing with grading. Getting a 7/10 on a movie is okay. That means the movie was enjoyable enough that you preferred to sit through and finish it rather than turn off the TV and start hand washing dishes. The consequences for a movie being bad are negligible. A 7/10 on a heart transplant or a weld of an aircraft frame are bad, because the negative impact if it happens is death.
>>
>>22620334
Orb should have first dibs since they took the brunt of the casualties from the false flag attack
>>
File: m29922276958_1.jpg (247 KB, 1080x1080)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
Should I? (He will be tortured by looking at Kira/Lacus videos)
>>
>>22620141
It's a different situation I think.
Lots of those soft/reboots were intended to be the anchor of their respective franchise going forward, but what they're doing here is just making a movie that's supposed to come out 15 years ago.
>>
so what is meyrin relationship with athrun then
>>
>>22620397
mother to him
>>
so dearka and mirealia aren't a thing anymore?
>>
>>22620394
How much is it? And wasn't his merch not selling at all and ended up gathering dust?

>>22620407
Hasn't been since Destiny
>>
>>22620410
20bucks
Yeah there's a shitload of orphee merch compared to other characters;
>>
>>22618828
Nah the tone would have been a lot different if it was made then, this had a fucking lot of Cross Ange bleeding into it.

>>22620152
Shinn. Basically Reccoa Ver.SEED's (now featuring Houko Kuwashima not dying) shit is trying to make Shinn pay attention to her but Shinn "no thoughts head empty" Asuka is invulnerable to such femoid psychology.

>>22620310
If Yzak's mom is now a respected member of the peace faction alongside Dearka then a little woman moment isn't even worth sending the MPs.
>>
>>22620407
>He doesn't know Bronzerod Sampson makes Yzak dress up as his mom and pound him nightly
>>
File: 114397464_p0_master1200.jpg (1.02 MB, 849x1200)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
>>22620398
That explains her new look.
>>22620455
So, you're saying Agnes is a tsundere.
>>
>>22620141
True, I can't imagine how this movie would appeal AT ALL to just an average anime watcher.
>>
>>22619641
The Black Knights packed up the Strike Freedom in between destiny and Seed Freedom didn't they? Theres a still frame of the Strike Freedom getting shit on by Shura I believe.
>>
The Millennium takeover was amazing. Nobody was on the same fucking page, Lunamaria nearly smoking her man (although the novel was funnier) and the great VICE ADMIRAL HAS SHOWED ME HOW TO MISS EVERY FUCKING SHOT!!!. Also the flood of Haros during the Lacus operation chemwarring the fuck out of niggas.
>>
>>22620397
work wife
>>
>>22620544
If you are talking about the flashback Shinn has it's not Shura piloting but Liu, the tall guy
>>
>>22619416
>"a happy face"
The happy face (Hoshi's)>>22619420
>>
>>22620591
Todaka was so based
I still cry over his death
>>
>>22620591
Fun fact : The Turn A Haro says something related to his VA, who also voiced Gym.
In the french sub however, this joke would go completely flat, so they instead had the Haro screaming "Clair de lune!" (Moonlight in French) to reference TurnA

How did the english sub/dub handled this? Did they just kept the original joke even if flat?
>>
>>22620397
De facto pair.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSoW8p6G3PY
>>
>>22620623
I didn't see the dub. Other /m/en may have.
>>
>>22620591
>sir we're being boarded!
>damn that's crazy
I fucking loved it
>>
>>22620640
That was so good
>>
>>22620630
>athrun looks so pissed the entire movie because he just wanted to be at Orb having hot sweaty sex with cagali
based
>>
My one real disappointment is that they went full CGI retard. Cross Ange used 3D robots but the choreography was still largely in line with what SEED did in 2D with really emphasized movements while this was the "kid using every crayon in the box" 3D shit where everything is just spinning everywhere constantly like a beam saber beyblade and I can not tell the bloody fuck what is even going on. Well hopefully when I rewatch it on BD it will be more clear than the junky projection.
>>
I haven't been as hyped as I was during the Millennium takeoff since Minmay declared the Macross was flying once again.
>>
>>22620655
I loved his image of her as a breast grabbing beastgirl.
>>
>>22620655
Didn't one of the novels state that Athrun finished a date with Cagalli before flying his Z'Gok to Kira?
>>
>>22620667
There's some big differences between the novel and movie. So Novel isn't canon. Plus Fukuda is known for changing his mind often. He might have been on a date or maybe Fukuda changes his mind and Athrun was on a spy mission. Who knows?
>>
Are we going to have to wait till Winter for this to release. Or worse, even next year. I doubt anyone recorded it and will put it up to stream on a site. I can't remember if there was a cam version of the sword art movie a year ago when it came to the US
>>
>>22619578
It’s still pronounced like that in languages like Spanish. The feminine form Simone is still pronounced like that.
>>
>>22620655
yep
I'm thinking based
>>
File: Gundam SEED sex scene.webm (3.92 MB, 1920x1080)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB WEBM
>>22619636
>>
>>22620655
Exceedingly based.
>>
Okay just got out of the movie
Did Kira seriously not tell anyone about Agnes trying to murder him? Why was Luna surprised to see her
>>
>>22619661
Kira probably let Shinn use the Immortal Justice as a way to show he trusts him.
I still wonder why he didn't use the Impulse Spec II instead
>>
>>22620623
The turn a Haro said 'perfect form' in the dub
>>
>>22620722
You think we will get a scene like this between Kira and Lacus for the Blu-ray release of Freedom?
>>
>>22620651
>Murrue and Kira make it to the bridge
>"Sup guys, why did it take you that long?"
>>
>>22620742
Sub too
>>
>always wondered in seed and especially in destiny what Jesus squad would do if they lost everything
>turns out this movie answers just that
Spoiler: the answer is to hijack a new ship and MSs
>>
File: hm.jpg (26 KB, 438x244)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
Dorkly better have gone and seen this. I will fuck him up otherwise. No excuses.
>>
>>22620741
>Kira probably let Shinn use the Immortal Justice as a way to show he trusts him.
>I still wonder why he didn't use the Impulse Spec II instead

The novel says that Immortal Justice is much more powerful than Impulse Gundam and Destiny Gundam.
>>
Rising Freedom was cool as fuck, but immortal justice felt subdued by comparison.
>>
>>22619645
I thought the other problem was Shinn trying to emulate Kira in not making killing shots. Once he gets Destiny, he goes back to fighting like he always does.
>>
I remember watching heaven feel 2 and seeing the dish network hub
>>
Aura is Lacus' mom? How?
>>
>>22620812
Aura isn't her actual mom, but the one who edited Lacus to be an Accord
>>
>>22619262
>using your long overdeveloped movie to lewd your dead wife's avatar
based?
>>
When the black knight guy said about shinn
>IS HE NOT EVEN THINKING?
Whole damn theater laughed and thinking about it brings a smile to my face
>>
File: hot.jpg (1.25 MB, 3024x1557)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
/
>>
>>22620655
>Athrun taking the absolute piss in every interaction with Shura
>Athrun not even bothering with SEED mode until the very end
>Athrun's shiteating smugness IMAGINING the absolute apeshit levels of autism about to be unleashed on the Black Knights after reuniting Shinn with Destiny
I fucking love this shitpost movie. 11/10, peak SEED
>>
>>22620740
Luna thought Agnes was caught in the nuke blast and was vaporized along with everyone else.
>>
>what is it with you and stealing boyfriends?!

Agnes' entire subplot felt like a parody, I guess cross ange and the cosmic Era are in the same universe
>>
>>22620956
She's definitely joining Embryo when Freedom gets into Super Robot Wars, isn't she?
>>
>>22620931
Athrunchads ate so well in this movie
compound that with how the specials were all basically told from his view, we are basically kings
>>
>>22620301
>why Kira let Rey live
Because Kira knows that even if Rey is another Al Da Flaga clone like Rau, he's still just a kid who doesn't understand how dangerous the man he was emulating was.Kira spared Rey in the hopes that Rey would try to live as himself rather than Rau's shadow.

>but decided Orphee needed to fucking die
Him and Lacus gave Orphee all of the chances in the world to give up, get with a girl who wants him (Ingrid), and go live a peaceful life. Orphee was just too entitled and full of himself and refused to grasp that he had lost. 4channers will of course defend Orphee's actions because bootlicking obvious villains is the modern anon way. That and also making posts about EHHH AMELIKKA on all of the blue boards.
>>
>>22620775
Impulse? Maybe.
Destiny? No fucking way, even if we're comparing the original and not Spec II.
>>
>>22621002
>4channers will of course defend Orphee's actions because bootlicking obvious villains is the modern anon way.
nta, but does /m/ really do that unironically and not just laugh at Orphee for being such a pathetic person up until the end?
>>
>>22621003
Diff anon here. You are right. It makes no sense. That's why most anons disregard the novel and say it's not canon.
>>
Lacus' desirability as a woman was increased an unbelievable degree in this movie from previously just having maximum points in social status and a couple hot outfits.
>>
Also why you may have noticed the shot of Kira's parents, there's a good chance you too missed the picture showing Kira had Lacus meet them.
>>
>>22620672
There aren't any big differences. Maybe read the novel before you pull shit from your ass. Everything lines up.

The date was before the film.
>>
>>22621003
Its what the book says. Doesn't make sense but that's what it says.
>>
>>22621117
>There aren't any big differences.
Prove it.
>>
I love the "this Japanese physical text source nobody has actually seen says" game
>>
>>22621117
>Everything lines up.
Yawn. Stop this low level trolling.
>>
Athrun became cool now? What the fuck.
>>
Just got back from the movie. It was fucking terrible and it was everything I ever wanted. Favourite movie ever.
>>
>>22621218
Well, that was exactly what Fukuda wanted, a movie that pleased everyone. And he delivered.
>>
Did they change Shinn's character model? It's so weird. He looks like he got younger. Like they de-aged him to 12 years old. Did anyone else notice it?
>>
Why did they flanderize Shinn so much in this movie? He doesn't feel like the same dude in GSD anymore.
>>
>>22621313
Well, people around here keep saying he acts younger than before.
>>
>>22621486
I guess the implication is Shinn got over his issues after joining Kira's side. Did they take it to far.
>>
>>22619481
He did claim in a few Twitter responses that some of the movie stuff was entirely due to embracing SEED memes.

IIRC:
- Head beam saber was due to the JP fanbase making fun of the fact that IJ had beam sabers everywhere but its head with the giant horn.
- The long-running Athrun/Cagalli fanbase's dedication to asking him to pair them again for nearly 20 years straight.
- Kira now running out of power in a nuclear MS to balance Shinn having run out of power in a nuclear MS.
- The fact that Lacus has been teased with a larger bust as far back as SEED itself but only actually making it official in the movie.
- Embracing Mu's bullshit beam survival capabilities and allowing Akatsuki to literally tank a direct bath in Requiem's mega beam.
>>
>>22620623
>Fun fact : The Turn A Haro says something related to his VA, who also voiced Gym.
Didn't he say GEKKOUCHOU DE ARU, which is Gym's famous line?
>>
>>22620397
She lives with him, but the ending implies he's still with Cagalli regardless since they kept their pendants and she put back on their engagement ring.
>>
>>22620230
>Bad guys can't have nuclear power and be on even ground.
They spent their nuclear allotment stealing and using Eurasian nuclear missiles that happened to be staged near Foundation.
>>
>>22621520
Based
>>
>>22620775
Yeah I'm going to press (X) to doubt there, their new suits are all pretty explicitly weaker than their Gundams they had at the end of Destiny
>>
>>22620902
You can't mindread someone whose only thought process is Unga Bunga
I mean that's not what's actually happening, it's more he fights on pure instinct combined with Stella protecting his mind, but this is funnier

>>22620956
She's the CE version of Quess.
>>
>>22621292
>exactly what Fukuda wanted, a movie that pleased everyone.
He explicitly said that was not his goal, his goal was to make a movie SEED fans would like and leave with a smile on their faces. And in that regard yes, he did in fact deliver.
>>
>>22621520
>Embracing Mu's bullshit beam survival capabilities and allowing Akatsuki to literally tank a direct bath in Requiem's mega beam.
"Man it's hard being the guy that has to make the impossible possible"
>>
>>22621103
I want a nude edit of Lacus and the bike this image; it reminds me of pornstar Maria Ryabushkina when she took a similar pose on a motorcycle.
>>
I will say, I do like how the Black Knight mechs make sense in the context of the setting.E veryone so hyper-focused on making EVERYTHING that isn't missiles a beam because PS armor stops everything but beams, so the BK just have energy shields that stop beams but are defenseless against the rest
So everyone goes "shit, they countered our meta"
>>
>>22621549
Loves that line
Theater has a good laugh at it
>>
There had to be someone at Sunrise that said "are we really going to keep the Star Wars laser sounds in the movie? I know Destiny did it but..."
And Fukuda just shut them down because fuck you, he wants his SW reference
>>
"I am pirate captain now"
"I will be XO now"

"EHHHH???"
>>
>>22621528
It is ! Which is why they changed the sub in the french sub to keep the turn A reference more obvious

I have no ideas what lead to the english dudes to have "perfect form" instead... I can't find the link with Turn A.
>>
a decided destiny... or the freedom to resit...
>>
>>22619420
HARO NICE TO MEET YOU
HARRO U S A
>>
>>22622069
https://imgur.com/a/0Vx3S1t
>>
>>22622069
it's even funnier when considering it was also played in Canada
>>
>>22619521
>>22619525
>>22619553
Where the fuck did you go to school?
50% is a low C- at worse
>>
>>22622196
When I was in school anything below 65% was failing. Different world now.
>>
>>22622220
in my honours english course at uni less than a 76% is a fail and you get kicked out lol
>>
It would have been nice to see erect Lacus nipples during the rape scene. And more Cagali legwear.
>>
>>22621648

When I saw the movie on April 13, those surrounding me in the theater where I watched laughed at the scene.
>>
Delicious Pirate Captain hair.
>>
>>
>Foundation got their hands on Artemis
We know what happened to it in SEED and Garcia tried to pretend it is still impenetrable in Astray and failed, did any side materials explain how Foundation acquired it?

>>22622300
Can't have nipples in my PG rated (in Canada anyway) movie, the rating is somewhat surprising though since Destiny was 14+ when it aired on YTV.
>>
https://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=539539
>>
>>22621598
In the opening fight, right? I knew it!
>>
>>22621520
>Kira now running out of power in a nuclear MS to balance Shinn having run out of power in a nuclear MS.
The official explanation is that Strike Freedom's armor overheated due to the extended battle and taking so many hits. The "coolant" could no longer keep up with cooling down the suit down. So it temporarily shut down phase shift armor. It didn't run out of power. Very similar to Aechangel's laminated armor that has a cooling system.
>>
>>22621539
Yeah I'm not a fan of the novel. I just decided to wait to see the movie in theaters and buy the Blu Ray.
>>
>>22622196
When I went to college, 70% to 79% was a C.

60 to 69% was a D, but that was unacceptable.

You could not go to higher classes without at least a C

The argument was that you didn't have a full understanding of the material and wouldn't do well. So you need a C to advance.
>>
>>22622196
>Where the fuck did you go to school?
>50% is a low C- at worse
I don't think I've seen a school that considers a 5/10 as a C
>>
>>22620630
sweaty pantyhosed sex
>>
>>22622364
Not sure about being acquired, but in the Astray series it's mentioned that Artemis was abandoned by Eurasia after 3 embarrassing episodes that caused too much damage to be worth fixing, on top of the fact that Artemis was a worthless fortress, being seen as insignificant.

First was the surprise attack by the stolen Gundams damaging most of its emitters and primary hangar.

Second was when Garcia attempted to backstab Serpent Tail, whom they hired to guard the fortress until they could repair the damaged emitters. That resulted in more damage to the fortress.

The third and final time was Canard finally getting fed up with the mistreatment and abuse he endured, and ended up hijacking his own Hyperion and wrecking the already damaged fortress further, escaping alongside an Agamemnon-class carrier whose crew was willing to go rogue alongside him.

Shortly after, Eurasia just abandoned the fortress entirely.
>>
>>22622340
I hope Gold Rush makes a Freedom doujin, where Shura gets an aneurysm from witnessing Athrun's past memories of him dicking down Cagalli, or Kira channeling his inner Tusk and describing how he fucked Lacus to Orphee.
>>
>>22622512
hot
>>
>>22622512
How about Luna telling Agnes about her and Shinn's sexcapades while they fight? Also, Mu and Murrue aftermath since I find it hard to believe they didn't fuck when the conflict was over.
>>
I'm surprised ghost Fllay didn't make an appearance at all. For a minute, I thought she would mindblock the mind rape or something.
>>
>>22622394
It's not as overused as Destiny did but they're still there.
>>
>>22622364
>PG rating
>we see kids get fucking set on fire and then vaporized
>>
>>22622555
They had regular Fllay at least
>>
It has been like my entire post-puberty life that there has been at least theoretically more animated Gundam SEED content yet to come, what the fuck now
>>
I DONT WANT TO LOSE DESIRE
I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY FIRE
ITS TIME TO COUNTDOWN THE FIGHTING
JUST ONE WAY TO FREEDOM
FREEDOM
FREEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
File: 1527119599293.png (174 KB, 540x295)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>22622576
>>
How would you rank the 3?
SEED > Freedom > Destiny
>>
I'm genuinely surprised there hasn't been any
>NO I DONT WANT THAT, LACUS FINDING ANOTHER MAN? I WANT HER TO THINK ABOUT ME AND NO ONE ELSE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. EVEN AFTER I DIE I WANT TO BE AT THE FRONT OF HER MIND FOR A WHILE. TEN YEARS, AT LEAST.
>>
>>22622605
There doesn't need to be when the scene is already in the movie.
>>
Ramius mommy still cute...
>>
>>22622586

Stargazer > First half of Destiny > Seed > Second half of Destiny > Freedom

Freedom was fun battles, but it's ultimately a mess and does nothing for expanded worldbuilding. It only messes up the lore even further. Freedom brings up more questions than it answers.

You people are letting nostalgia goggles and memes cloud your judgment.
>>
>>22622758
I disagree, Freedom fixes Destiny's ending by fleshing out the Destiny Plan and making Kira/Lacus work for their flawless victory. Peek SEED is Destiny eps. 21-34, which is the Stella arc plus Operation Angel Down. It's a compelling tale of tragedy and revenge.

That said, the fact you're implicitly putting Freedom behind Destiny's ending makes me think you're a troll.
>>
>>22622555
>>22622567

Okay here me out Flaybros. In Vergil's epic the Aenead, Aeneas and Turnus both fight with the backing of Goddesses. Now that we've established ghosts can intervene in combat, if they ever want to do a rehash of Kira vs. Shinn then if GHOST STELLA tries to intervene, Kira would have to be protected by GHOST FLLAY

GHOST FLLAY VS. GHOST STELLA IN GUNDAM SEED 4
>>
>>22622769
Where's ghost Natarle to complete the Kuwashima ghost trio?
>>
Yz-mommy-issues-zack still going strong with his boyfriend, Dearka.
Really glad they didn't kill off the mom. Yzack would've destroyed the plants byhimself.
>>
>>22622763
Are you serious? As flawed as Destiny was, it at least expanded the Seed universe greatly and added to the worldbuilding.

Freedom is just:

1. Uhhh...we built these new super powerful ships and weapons and mobile suits a mere 6 MONTHS after Destiny just ended. How? Don't ask questions!

2. Nuclear reactor and Mirage Colloid Treaty ban? What Treaty? Is the Treaty broken? Is it still active? Lol. We haven't decided yet! Fukuda is still thinking about it. Stop asking questions.

3. EA is suddenly poor because...reasons! They just are poor despite having an economic base that is 100 times bigger than ZAFT. And oh yes ZAFT is fine. Stop asking question!

4. Uhhh...Requiem hit ZAFT colonies? Like 12+ ZAFT colonies damaged and/or destroyed in the requiem attack? Consequences? What consequences? Population loss? Economic damage? Zaft is just fine despite only having 60 colonies.

5. Protect Orb because reasons!! Orb is so important because...uhh...because they are!

6. Remember Mwu? We he's a human shield because memes

7. Neo? Whose Neo? Neo killed millions? Lmao. Never heard of the guy.

8. Look at Shinn acting like a 7 year old. Give him head pats! He such a good boy!

Freedom fails on my life because it doesn't take itself seriously. It's just the ending of Destiny Gundam but re-done. Nothing new. And Kira and Lacus get naked on the beach and disappear because reasons.

Everyone makes fun of Orphee too and insults the Black Knights. The Japanese seem to be incapable of writing nuanced villains. Every enemy must be psychotic bad guys with mental problems.

But ask yourself this: if the Black Knights werent walking clowns and fools, and instead were well written characters, then how would you react? What if instead of Orphee, we got a charismatic "Treize Kushrenada" leader or a Clone of Kira but was actually confident and believed in the Destiny plan. And could actually argue in favor of it.
>>
>>22622809
Nothing will ever make me support space communism.
>>
File: 1707117900040.jpg (439 KB, 1466x2048)
439 KB
439 KB JPG
>>22622809
If you are going to rant about the inconsistencies you could at least get some of the basic facts right:

- PLANT is the actual "country" of the colony cluster (12 cluster of 10 colonies each so there were 120 in total initially until Junius 7 got nuked and six more were lost to Requiem) while ZAFT is their militia
- Requiem only directly hit four colonies and two more ended up hit by their debris, remember it was supposed to only hit Aprilius One (inb4 it is another inside job by Durandal to dispose the PLANT Supreme Council)

I will give you the Junius Treaty though since it was basically dead the moment SEED Destiny started (Girty Lue) and it just escalated from there.

>What if instead of Orphee, we got a charismatic "Treize Kushrenada" leader or a Clone of Kira but was actually confident and believed in the Destiny Plan. And could actually argue in favor of it.
There is still a good chance humanity will still go extinct (assuming majority of kids become Coordinators so they don't get left behind) unless they can SCIENCE their way out of the third gen sterility problem.
>>
I'm not sure how to feel that I didn't realize the Gold Wing is actually a Gold Wing and not a generic stand in for a Gold Wing. I mean they didn't CGI it like all real motorcycles in anime for the last decade and there's no Honda branding on it despite it being an official collaboration, but there is a lot of gratuitous closeups and it made me want a Gold Wing more than I ever have in my life.
>>
>>22621103
>>22623140
Sorry but Kira looks too weak to ride a motorcycle. It's a serious problem when Lacus had more muscle than Kira.
>>
>>22622903
>Requiem only directly hit four colonies and two more ended up hit by their debris
Not that anon, but that report must have just been an early damage report. The first they received in the chaos of Battle.

A giant super laser sliced through a big cluster of colonies. There's no way only two colonies got hit by debris. The damage was huge, and colonies were stacked right next to eachother.
>>
>>22623183
Guess it depends how long the laser is? We saw it slice through a big area
>>
I am still questioning Orb relevancy beyond deus ex machina, all this time we have Factory/Terminal to provide mecha but now Orb provide everything and solve every problem.
>>
>>22623293
I have yet to see Orb make any original tech besides Akatsuki.

It seems like Orb just copies other technology, or makes "refined" versions of existing technology.

-slightly better batteries.
-copies transformation technology
-Murasames seem to copy Aegis and Raider

Orb has no unique flavor of their own. They just make Great Value brand copies of other suits. What even was the point of all those Spec II mods on SF? For example, why did they slightly tweak the beam shield emitter shape on the arm? Why? What's the point in that?
>>
>>22618312
Was this movie originally made in 1080p or 4K?
>>
>>22623301
Given that Morgenrote was the one who built the Archangel so there might be a chance that laminate armor and positron cannons were Orb inventions. One of the weird things about the whole Natural / Coordinator conflict back in SEED is that the EA was supposed to be far behind in MS tech but they ended up creating many impressive techs relatively quickly that ZAFT would eventually steal and reverse engineer from, could this just chalk up to having that many brains working or just having enough Coordinators not aligning with PLANT to work with to even out the odds.
>>
>>22623301
The point is that Strike Freedom is a blocky unbalanced turd and needed more line density in areas like the forearms to even out its busy torso and head once it would be animated on model and without its beam rifles. Literally some of the changes on Type II are just shit that's on MG Strike Freedom and most merchandising portrayals since, like the front half of the railguns.
>>
>>22624456
In my interpretation I figured ZAFT soldiers piloting mobile suits are vastly superior to anything the EA has. Something like a 10 to 1 kill ratio against EA military units.

This forces the EA to desperately invest in dangerous or exotic technologies to help even out the playing field. Even if the technology was impractical or dangerous. For example, originally Lohengrin cannons burn the atmosphere and leave radioactive environmental damage. Phase shift eats through batteries and like a Sega Game Gear from the 1990s.

Imagine the G project happened without a ZAFT attack. The EA mass produces Strike Gundam for their pilots. The EA pilots have phase shift and beam rifles, but their control system is so messy. We would have a clunky moving Strike Gundam desperately trying to shoot Ginns and missing most attacks. Meanwhile the Ginn do not want to get hit and are super cautious of the beams. The Strike Gundam is clunky but Ginns can penetrate phase shift armor with bullets. Thus leading to a weird stalemate.
>>
>>22624516
>Something like a 10 to 1 kill ratio against EA military units.
I believe the original saying was that "You will need 5 Moebius just to have a chance against 1 GINN" so it was pretty bad.

>The Strike Gundam is clunky but GINNs can't penetrate phase shift armor with bullets.
FTFY, then again you can always just chuck enough missiles at the Gundams to drain their batteries in order to force phase shift down and finish them off.
>>
File: Yzak Dearka Shiho.jpg (378 KB, 1351x2048)
378 KB
378 KB JPG
>there's a universe where this was a twelve-episode series and we got a whole episode about these three saving ZAFT

what could have been...
>>
File: silly squirrely.png (215 KB, 619x642)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>22624595
Use the Law of Attraction and it will happen.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.