[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

No Girls Allowed Edition

>NEW UA
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/ua/ph-playtest8/gHvtmY50loGLgQUb/UA2023-PH-Playtest8.pdf
>NEW UA
https://media.dndbeyond.com/compendium-images/ua/ph-playtest7/tsgOb3llF22AL0nU/UA2023-PH-Playtest7.pdf

>New Errata
https://dnd.wizards.com/dndstudioblog/sage-advice-book-updates

>5etools
https://5e.tools/

>Trove
The Trove Vault (seed, please!):
bit<dot>ly/2Y1w4Md

>Resources:
https://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previous Thread: >>92462922

How heavily do women figure in your sessions, /5eg/?
>>
>>92500699
>TQ
Well, between the political role played by the empress and one character’s wife frequently tagging along, a fair chunk.
>>
I need a curse for a +3 shotgun I'm going to give away. I'm thinking I'll also have it generate its own ammunition (still needs an action/bonus action to clear after every 2 shots).

How does this sound for the curse?
>Every time you reload, make a DC10 charisma saving throw. On a failure, roll a number of d10s equal to your character level and take that much necrotic damage as the weapon tries to devour your soul. This cannot be reduced in any way.
>If your HP is reduced to 0 by this damage, you are instantly killed. The next creature to use this weapon may add this damage to the first hit they make with it.
>>
>>92500928
A +3 on a weapon that does 2d8? and the DC is only 10?
>>
> TQ
Why would they feature any more or any less than men?
>>
>>92500951
I rolled a +3 shotgun from a table. It's the kind of game where I'm not concerned about the damage and I know most characters who would want it have 10 CHA and no save proficiency
>>
>>92501007
Well then the question for you is what level and what classes are they?
>>
>>92501006
virtue signaling
more women
>sjw feminazi bullshit
>coombait
more men
>alt-right incel bullshit
>gay coombait
>>
>>92501031
Level 5. Artificer, ranger, fighter (assuming they don't show up with something completely different next time we switch DMs)
>>
>>92501106
Maybe do half of the class levels rounded up so it does 3d10 necrotic unless your okay with your fighter/ranger killing themselves in round 1 of combat
>>
>>92501193
I kind of am, which is why it's only a DC10. However, I'll note that they may take damage from other sources so it's reasonably likely they could be below 1/2 HP and in the instant death danger zone.

But the lower the risk, the lower I should make the reward. I'd appreciate any alternate suggestions for a different curse. Or even just swapping the charisma save for a d20 roll, with the damage on a 1 (this is lucky bait, but they'd want gunner first to maximize the weapon's potential).
>>
>>92501721
Damage is the main advantage martial characters have, and weapons like Flametongues which deal extra damage on top of that exacerbate it further, especially when you factor in Extra Attack.
Spells can be better at debilitating enemies, dealing with crowds of weaker ones, or just general utility and unorthodox problem solving.
>>
For RP purposes would it be more fitting for a fiend warlock who wants to make deals with NPCs to go with pact of the chain or pact of the tome? With an imp or quasit familiar, the warlock could sell their services as a master spy, but with the various tome invocations, they could mechanically have people signing their names for various magical effects. Which would be a more fun choice for a dealmaker?
>>
>>92500699
>TQ
Roughly half of the NPCs I create are women or girls, and there's usually 2 female players/PCs in some combination.
>>
>>92500928
Penalties that scale to your level are fucking homo. Pick 5d10 or 10d10 or 15d10 and stick with it. Gaining levels makes you stronger and more resistant.
>>
What class that doesn't wear armor is the most fun?
>Barbarian
>Monk
>Sorcerer
>Wizard
>>
>>92503408
do you consider analysis paralysis fun?
>>
File: Iastur_text.png (767 KB, 1920x884)
767 KB
767 KB PNG
>>92502876
Either one work. Getting a mark to read your forbidden tome to mindbreak them is classic. Trading them the amulet is similarly good.

There's a 4x game, Shadows of the Forbidden Gods, where you pick an apocalyptic deity and set about trying to bring about their particular end of the world in their own particular methods. It has one that works exactly like this Tome idea
>>
>>92503408
Depends on what you consider fun. Barbarian can deal solid melee damage and be hard to kill. Sorcerer can excel at Charisma skills and do some neat tricks with Metamagic. Wizard gets a wide variety of weird spells. Monk
>>
>>92503652
Monk has many things in can contribute to the party
And such as
>>
File: 4d6kh3InOrder.png (17 KB, 88x511)
17 KB
17 KB PNG
Rolled these stats (in order) for a 1 day short rest /1 week for long rest campaign, the race must be Harengon, so I suppose it's going to be a rogue?
>>
>>92503861
So wait, are you reallocating, or are you obligated to put them in that order? If the latter, that's rough.
>>
>>92503941
It's rough, but I at least get the Athlete Feat & get to choose where the +2/+1 goes.
>>
>>92503999
Oh man, your -1 (or +0) CON character has athlete's foot too? You just can't catch a break.
>>
>>92504335
That was such a shitty joke I'm not even going to grace it with Carlos.
>>
>>92504335
Anon I..
>>
>>92503941
Hp is shit, but otherwise that's a pretty decent character, more so considering it's still missing the +2/+1.
>>
>>92504736
So we thinking +2 con / +1 Cha?
>>
>>92504736
Oh yeah, it's workable, just rough having at best a neutral CON after an ASI.
Definitely didn't do that for my first PC out of ignorance.
>>
>>92504753
My group has a dude who's playing an arcana cleric with 10 con. He refuses to wear regular armor because "it doesn't suit his character", and instead he uses mage armour.
Dude goes down so much, that the party's "actual healer" is the wizard who crafts potions.
>>
How do I make my players not mindlessly try to use violence for every single issue or get bored whenever a non-violent plan or solution is brought about?
Punishing them with death for failing to prepare for a hard fight has not worked.
>>
Made some shit that needs to be rebalanced. Probably need to remove the ASIs. Thoughts?
>>
File: 65156454564165.jpg (178 KB, 1405x923)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
how is this one? was the classic version good?
>>
>>92505027
At the end of the day, you're playing a game with a designated Fighter class.
You should probably try a different system that doesn't restrict certain characters to having violence as their primary reason for existance.

Or you could always try talking to your players about it, though nobody ever takes that advice.
>>
Looking for ideas for something that would make an entire town giddy and happy to the point of carelessness, as well as an idea on how to reverse it. Got anything for me guys?
>>
>>92505085
There is still plenty of combat, but not everything can be solved with killing people.
>Or you could always try talking to your players about it
I have, worked for like a session and a half and then regression into the old ways.
I wouldn't even mind if there was thought into how the fights were initiated but its always just gung ho all or nothing front to back.
I want to tell a cooperative story where combat is used to progress the plot that the party shapes but I don't want it to be the solution for everything, because then I either have to fudge a bunch so the party does wipe or the campaigns never last because they will wipe.
They also don't like when combats are too easy.
>>
>>92505033
looks good, but needs nerfs
>>
>>92505099
A succubus coven that feeds on the pleasure the townsfolk indulge in from the succubi infiltrating their sleep with happy dreams. Does not need to be sexual in nature for all dreams.
Perhaps this is rapidly stealing the life force of the townsfolk and will kill them over time.
To reverse it would be to get rid of the Succubi.
>>
>>92505099
>Water supply poisoning
>An illusionist wizard's experiment got loose
>Lunar religious/prophetic event
>Fey fucking around
>Genetically distinct population that has a kind of mass reaction out-of-turn like feinting goats
>They're all drug addicts
>They were all entombed or doomed and were miraculously saved
>They literally witnessed a messianic /deific event and you are in the wrong
>>
/5eg/, I had an idea for a trinket collection system, but I'm not sure how to handle it without bogging down the game with shopping trips. Basically, the idea is that each unique Trinket you collect (from one of the d100 tables in the phb or other books) increases your maximum hp by 1

I'm also worried this is a bit too boring. I want to create a hard rules gameplay mechanic around trinkets but I'm not really sure what else they could do aside from giving you inspiration
>>
>>92505357
I would make you regret that rule. I thinket trinkets are neat, and collect them anyway, now with a mechanical advantage I would turn your campaign into a collectathon
>>
>>92505357
Just don't sell the trinkets. They have to be found or rewarded
>>
>>92505395
>>92505425

what about this: each creature with at least one piece of equipment also carries a random trinket on their person from the Player's Handbook. A player looting the body of such a creature after a battle gains that trinket
>>
I’ve got a big huge desire to play an Aasimar Lawman Cowboy Gunslinger in a game (flavored Battlemaster)

You guys got any ideas for some character quirks/ideas to add onto this?
>>
I can't stop thinking about it, but how do you convert a Braixen/Delphox into DnD 5e as a PC race?
I don't know why I wanna do that, XD, but the idea of playing a pokemon who's lost in the dnd world and wants to go back to their trainer (if possible / they're still alive, is another story). I do feel like if I did, it'd need to be their own custom race or something?
>>
>>92505640
Play a druid with a fursona like the wretched furfaggot you are
>>
>>92505640
Either play a reflavoured tabaxi sorcerer or custom lineage (Magic Initiate?) or work with your DM to homebrew something.
>XD
Thought that was Gen 3?
>>
>>92505635
Maybe give him a rival, a woman, or a friend who he wishes to help out, or a old score to settle with someone who did wrong who either evaded him or caused a major change in his life (like why I assume he's no longer a lawman?).
Go watch a bunch of old western TV shows like Tales from Wells Fargo, Tombstone Territory, The Deputy, etc. (Aka, Go watch GritTv). Go find things and aspects and story ideas that catch your eye and see how they might blend into the world you're making this PC for. (it's interesting, in these shows they treat bounty hunters usually as bad guys)

Here's an episode of Tales of Wells Fargo I found free on the internet. I'm not sure how helpful it is... but it's actually a pretty decent episode of TV (they don't make them like they used to). It's a fun deep dive anyway, I'm sure you'll find something you like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuTl_U-s8RI

>>92505701
I'm not a furfag actually. I like the idea of a loyal lost pokemon/servant looking to find their master. It sounds like a cool plot to play out (especially if said master/trainer is dead). Getting out of their stasis of being a mindless battle monkey and having to actually grow up into their own.
>>
>>92505743
>I'm not a furfag actually
I don't believe you
>>
>>92505635
An avid wine collector and snob, you drink some cheap chardonnay in his presence you're getting a scolding.
>>
Thoughts?

(1/2)
>>
>>92505835
(2/2)
>>
>>92505846
>spellcasting in armor
You should specify if you intend this to include shields.
I like this by the way, although personally I do want my dragon sorc to go staff and shield at higher levels because that fits my image for them. I won't put on heavy armour though, as it doesn't fit my image. Maybe if we have a mass combat scene I could armour up for it.
>>
>play battlesmith artificer
>bone flavoured
>give party minimal exposure to mechanical-necromancy
>campaign passes
>character feels like a death knight
>steel defender just waiting to become a skeletal champion reflavour
its so fucking tempting to just pull the fucking trigger and go balls deep on the powerfantasy
might be an issue due to not having flavourful spells
>>
In my personal experience, most zoomers today want a 5e experience that's heroic, cinematic, and emphasizes that the party are protagonists in the story. I am our LGS' de facto zoomer GM because of my IRL day job as a tard wrangler. I want to craft the quintessential epic heroic cinematic 5e experience where they can feel like badass movie protagonists. I'm already set with how combat can play out since that's the part of the game I enjoy the most and I can create challenging encounters with some risks and consequences while still letting the players feel like badasses. Anyone have an idea how to do the rest of the game with it? I'm pretty bad at these things:
>anything that involves more than the most basic of plots like evil local lord or monsters attacking caravans
>I can't do political intrigue for shit
>I don't know how to involve characters with a pretty specific "goal" i.e if a character has the I want to take revenge on the giant that killed my family that's well and simple, but if a character has the goal of "I wanna retake my family's castle from our evil rival family" then it's too many moving parts for me

pls help
>>
>>92500699
Bros. Can I get a source on this pic?
>>
>>92507003
> Plot
Steal from media, hope it's obscure enough, change/merge until it's hard to recognize where you stole it from

>Political intrigue
Overrated

>Involving PC goals
Maybe have the players come up with a goal after one or two sessions rather than beforehand, so that it's easier to have it merge well with your setting and tone
>>
>>92507075
>Overrated
no I agree. The most I can do for intrigue is stuff like "hey I know my father the duke asked you to do x but if you do y instead I'll double your reward" or "nooo the mcguffin my lord uncle asked you to get was actually the only thing keeping my family in power I'll kill you all"
>Maybe have the players come up with a goal after one or two sessions rather than beforehand, so that it's easier to have it merge well with your setting and tone
I guess my question is more "what do I do with their goals?" I'm not confident in how I can pace and weave goals together, like, how early should I set the seeds for their goals? When is it the right time for a "random" bandit camp to have a long lost relative they were trying to find? How much buildup should I do for their big revenge plot so it's not just dumped in like "oh btw the gang you were chasing? yeah that's the guy who murdered your family!"
>>
>>92507017
ff origins stranger in paradise
jack is the most based protagonist in decades
>>
>>92507146
>offer ample opportunities
>offer burner characters
>both shallow
>when something sticks build on it

foreshadow and vaguepost a lot
at some point something will stick
force encounters and play the party as autonomous political pawns
>"say jeremiah you knows those tards bartholomew hired?"
>"wouldn't it be fun if we tricked them into attacking his own trading caravan?"
>"arrest em when they come back and just tell them he backstabbed them so he didnt have to pay"
>"show that spooneater what happens when you drink the last glass of sherry at the feast..."

keep some hooks in your sleeve and make space for them during encounters if you think its relevant
the story and general plot should move at a brisk pace, you dont want "filler/grind" sessions, it should follow a narrative shaped by them, they'll make their goals known when they grab the levers to achieve them
encourage them while the idea is still fresh in their head
>>
Quick survey: how many "drop to 0" effects can you list? Monsters in particular, but everything works.

Banshees, Sea Hags, Bodaks? Anything on a higher CR? Also I guess high-level Open Hand Monks?

I'm drawing a blank on everything else.

---
>>92507003

What the other said, also, get your run-of-the-mill adventure started (not based on any zoomer-prompt because otherwise they might get the idea that they're more of an MC than the rest of the party), keep in mind their own goals to be epic and to have their personal sidequest, and then RETCON LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW when it suits you.

> That guy with the tatoo that was just a guy and that you killed three levels ago? He was totally a spy sent from FIGHTER's Nemesis to keep an eye on him and steer him away from his ancestral castle that the Nemesis is currently overrunning by deceit and betrayal.

I've retconned deities, I've retconned huge cosmogonies of the entire setting, I've retconned an entire amnesia plot for a player too self-conscious to come up with a goal for his character who told me that he would nevertheless have liked to have personal stakes in the campaign and now the amnesia plot is a good chunk of the entire campaign backbone.

After a while, things will start clicking. They have no way of knowing that you had no idea when you started throwing stuff at the wall.
>>
>>92507375
Does that even count as "retcon"?
I thought that retcon was when things were changed in a way that contradicted previous events. Such as "remember the orc thief from last session? Forget he was an orc, from now on he's a goblin".
Changing your original plans to adapt to how the story is developing would only feel like retcon for the DM themselves, but to the players it wouldn't break the flow and might even feel clever.
>>
>>92507017
Final Fantasy Mobius.
>>
>>92507450
>would only feel like retcon for the DM themselves

Well, I mean, I'm a DM talking to a DM who's asking for DM advice. We're cursed with the knowledge of what was and is not anymore.
>>
>>92507375
So until I'm more confident with creating maybe a basic chart of "antagonists" and how they relate to character goals and stories, I can use these "big reveals" as a way to retroactively make past encounters become relevant when it's time to give the characters their moment of woaaahh huge twist, right?
>>
>>92505710
>Thought that was Gen 3
I smirked
>>
Could a God/Goddess could give someone a class? Like make a normie into a Druid for my Character backstory?
>>
>>92508544
Yeah. Give yourself enough leeway so the reveal makes sense, and when you notice that something could be retrofitted sufficiently well you throw it in as the new it-has-always-been-like-this status quo.

Don't overplay it too much so that they catch up because that would more or less shatter the illusion, or even seem railroad-y, but it shouldn't be too hard to keep re-evaluating your own plan depending on what they seem to be involved with. I'm not saying to completely kowtow to their whims, think of your story/adventure/campaign and go forward with it, just leave enough space for you to integrate or retcon stuff on the fly.

Again, they have no way of knowing that the WOAAAHH cinematic reveal wasn't your plan from the beginning and that you made up half of it along the way by listening and adapting to what they were doing: fooling the players into thinking they are the ones in control is DMing 101.
>>
>>92508670
Gods don't exist, nor do Druids.
Meaning that all that you can think in your play-pretend game is conceivably possible as a play-pretend part of the play-pretend game.

That said, ask your DM.
>>
>>92508670
Druids are just nature clerics with extra fluff, and clerics do get their powers from their deity pretty much choosing to give them powers.
So I think it fits the flavor, the only awkward part is the whole "druid culture", such as the language, but nobody gives a damn about that.
>>
Light-hearted question, but how suitable do you think pic related is as a BBEG for a multi-adventure campaign?
Like the overarching 'villain on a mission' that brings him into direct competition or conflict with the party?

Obviously not a 1:1 carbon copy, but something similar. I think a lot of people had a good time watching movie Thanos and found him fairly compelling (at least in IW)
>>
>>92509196
A compelling villian with a goal that the party can understand but not condone his methods would be pretty great
The party might even work with him when they don't know his overall goal during some parts of the adventure, further making it more grey and less black and white
>>
So how many giant plot holes do you guys have in your campaign? I have a campaign next week, and I fucked myself hard.
>>
> Oghma also knew (or could see) the secret name or true name of every non-divine creature, especially on worlds where the Celtic pantheon held sway. With this name, Oghma could control any creature or cause them to die.[1][6] Though this was usually not applicable on Toril,[3] truename magic was clearly associated with the Oghmanyte faith.[32][note 1] This was one reason he was known as the Binder,[6] but some accounts alleged the origin of the title[1] laid in his power to force demons, devils, and other fiends into a special prison he had created or of his choosing, where they would remain trapped until he chose to let them out for some reason.

> In the planes, the Lords of the Nine and Druaga hated Oghma for his habit of trapping fiends, but he did not fear them.

I'm super tempted to make my priest of Oghma PC learn Summon Greater Demon.
>>
what are your campaign villains? me:
>aasimar woman who grew up worshipped in small village but just wanted to be normal and slowly succumbed to demonic whispers that promised to rid her of her celestial heritage and become fiend (stolen from pathfinder ap1)
>half orc shaman who discovered space fungi from ancient meteor summoning tech and thought he could save his dying wife with that stuff but slowly became more about revenge against the tribe that exiled him and keeps sick wife in mushroom stasis pod (stolen from mr freeze sorta)
>ancient civilization minister/general who got frozen in ice for being a heretic but survived civilization collapse in his prison, recently freed 1000s years later and has been hiring adventurers to collect artifacts to restore evil empire (stolen from tomb raider 1)
>>
>>92509825
Just don’t decide in advance what your antagonists are GOING to do, but instead what their plans are. Then allow the PCs’ actions to force them to reconsider and adjust. Solves 99% of possible plot holes.
>>
>>92510137
I'm going to strangle you if you haven't thought up at least 5 awful mushroom puns for the orc
>>
File: char creation mockup.png (55 KB, 1066x1016)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
Okay I have to go on a rant. I've recently been interested in learning to play DnD. I was under this assumption that DnD has this unrivaled legacy among games because it's like so customizable & masterfully balanced.
Now I'm learning the game, looking at the formulae, subclass features, hybrid options and I'm stunned.
5e is like some half baked beta test. Some characters get 5+ new things after a level up, while others get 1 or 2 underwhelming perks that's supposed to keep them interested for 10 levels.
Im not just saying this lightly. I spent a few years trying to design my own game system. I feel like my work-in-progress shitty game has more interesting balanced options that make every class choice a DIFFICULT decision.
In DnD, there's no temptation to deviate from your optimal build.
Now that I can see what the game is like, I can understand why there's so many homebrews. The game is just a disconnected framework.
Even when looking at ONE D&D it seems like they're just power creeping everything when clearly the S tier builds need to be nerfed and pathetic C-F tier builds need to be fleshed out.
>>
>>92510631
You want 4E. Which wasn’t as popular as 3.5, which was even WORSE about these flaws than 5E is.
>>
>>92510631
In an optimized game there will always be a meta.

5e, for all of its flaws, is perfectly balanced for the average table where half the players don't even know their sheet, let alone how to optimize and have the brains to powergame their optimized character.
>>
>finally free from the busiest two work months of the year
>session this weekend
>despite having managed every session DURING those two months, find myself fresh out of ideas
Fuck
>>
File: SCAG.jpg (392 KB, 1400x1831)
392 KB
392 KB JPG
>Sun Soul Monk, Mastermind Rogue, Swashbuckler Rogue, and Storm Sorcerer reprinted in Xanathar's
>Bladesinger and the melee cantrips reprinted in Tasha's
>Duergar and Deep Gnome reprinted in Mordenkainen's

Between a handful of obscure subclasses, a few Half-Elf and Tiefling variants, the Ghostwise Halfling, and backgrounds, is there anything of value to be found in this book that cannot be found elsewhere?

To put it differently, would you even care if this book was the only one not allowed in a game?
>>
>>92512242
https://5e.tools/adventures.html
steal something
add homebrew from homebrew loader, i recommend anything kobold press
>>
>>92512354
>To put it differently, would you even care if this book was the only one not allowed in a game?
Yes because that would imply you were allowing exandria content
>>
>>92512481
I think they’ll notice if they randomly end up somewhere else with all of the running conflicts mysteriously in abeyance.
>>
File: Lulu.png (1.37 MB, 1078x1270)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB PNG
>>92500699
Have you thanked the party casters yet, /5eg/?
Women are only demons in bed.
>>
>1st session last Saturday
>take courtier background, backstory has me as a noble-house finance agent
>first quest is looking into why taxes have stopped from a border region
>dm grants me a badge of office for my backstory, basically become an IRS agent
>mfw
>>
File: Spoiler Image (1.66 MB, 1080x2408)
1.66 MB
1.66 MB JPG
>>92505635
Convince your dm to give you a gun
Image tigger warning: homebrew
>>
>>92512594
Steal bits and pieces from the plots like a magpie. You're looking for inspiration, not a module.
>>
>>92512594
bro if you don't know how to grab stuff you like from other adventures and make it work in your world idk how you've been doing ANY creative process. That is what inspiration is. You see something you like, you transform it to fit what you have, it becomes a new thing. Every book ever written, every piece of music ever made.
>>
>>92509825
>world of eternal night
There's so many problems with no sun that I wouldn't even know where to begin.
>>
>>92512537
> Implying you don't allow 1/Artificer X/chronurgy wizard.
>>
>>92512354
Honestly, is there anything in here different from the reprints? I always assumed that Bladsinger and the Cantrips didn't get reprinted in XGE for a reason and got tweaked, but everything looks the same.
>>
>>92514126
The biggest difference is that bladesinging was changed from 2/short rest to PB/long rest, but Extra Attack was given the ability to replace one of the attacks with a cantrip. The cantrips are also reworded slightly.
>>
Given these are meant as a boost to martials, are these OP?
>>
>>92512354
Which classes didn't get reprints? Were they boring or just bad?
>>
>>92514219
bannerette fighter, arcana cleric, crown paladin, undying warlock

all of them are bad, don't (You) me about cleric
>>
>>92514080
>chronurgy
Homebrew isn't allowed in my games.
>>
>>92514278
Not sure why they thought bannerette would be fun to play in the slightest. The level three """feat""" is something i would put on an uncommon item. Its so hilariously bad, especially when you realize you cant even use it to bring up a downed teammate because they have to be able to hear you.
>>
>>92514219
>>92514278
And Battlerager, and Long Death Monk.

Battlerager is Berserker tier, Long Death is pretty good and pretty cool too.
>>
>>92514278
>arcana cleric
I think arcana cleric is pretty fun.
>don't (You) me about cleric
Fuck (You).
>>
>>92514217
>feat tax
>once per rest aoe ability
they arent op and should be given to martials as baseline abilities
>>
>>92514278
crown paladin and arcana cleric are really solid
crown has one of the limited tank features (i think there are 10 in the game) and gets spirit guardians which no other paladin gets
>>
>>92514876
>>once per rest aoe ability
Yeah, these are pathetic. Reliable abilities are what martials need.
>>
>>92514876
>>92514976

honestly, even as a maneuver, it should have been limited use. I could change it to pb/lr though
>>
>>92510137

>Once mortal, born as a random universal fuckup cursed to be rejected by life itself. A god was moved to pity by her existence and kept her as sort of a secluded, albeit cherished, pet and allowed her some sort of a life in his domains. Once nearing the end of her mortal (kinda shitty and confined, even if in a golden cage) life, she fooled the god, went on a rampage against the rest of the pantheon, stole the purview of time and looped existence with herself on top until the manifestation of Life itself had enough and the two fought until they broke each other (which in a sense kinda fullfils the curse), folding the BBEG into a paradox of herself and breaking up "Life" into 11 rejuvenating greatwyrms who then proceeded to do whatever (the only true dragons in the setting).

>One of the aforementioned greatwyrms (blue), one of the couple who kept an idea of what they were before and what's at stake, whose plans to keep the BBEG trapped in a paradox of herself have made him into a tyrant ruling over a good third of the known world. Slavery, genocide, you name the atrocity, he has done it (also against some of the PCs's people). His rejuvenation is slowly fading, which is a problem because if he died that might cause the BBEG to go free.

> A faction of elves (shadar-kai, in the setting) who are "randomly" (not really) born disconnected by the elven collective consciousness (in game terms, their trance is fucked up), slowly go crazy over time because of that, and turn into sorrowsworn when they die. No cure, no solution, it's an inevitability with the only variable of time. They have uncovered some knowledge of the BBEG and have concluded that "Was born fucked, rebelled and prevailed and rewrote her own cursed existence" is a better goal than waiting to go insane and die or to be mercykilled by their own people and set out to free the BBEG. A PC's mom is one of them.
>>
question: is there anything stopping a genie's vessel from being a useful item in its own right?
>>
>>92515281
The genie, typically.
>>
>>92513109
Published adventures are such ass that it really shouldn't be surprising that someone would struggle to find something in them worth stealing.
>>
>>92515462
Better than anything (You) could come up with. Prove me wrong and post your written adventures. so I can struggle to find anything worth stealing
>>
>>92515560
>Pre-writing your adventures
>not developing the campaign between sessions in response to player actions, successes, and failures
I mean, I have several hundred pages of prep and session notes from the current campaign, but I’d have to either scan them in or type them up.
>>
>>92515647
So then write it up and post it
>>
>>92515660
Like I said, I have it written. Just not in an electronic format. I could start transcribing it, but it definitely won’t be done for a while.
>>
>>92515703
Like I said, write it up and post it. 4chan isn't going anywhere, sounds like you're just trying to come up with excuses to not show your passion project.
>>
>buy the Lego playset for my birthday cause the store at the mall had one left, and cause I heard it had an adventure you can run in it

>displace beast, owl bear, black puddings, gelatinous cube, some mimics, a beholder, an evil sorcerer, and a red dragon. Fuck yea this is gonna be deadly

>every encounter can be solved by just saying "hi" or offering hot wings because for some reason everyone is obsessed with hot wings

I dunno what I expected, considering WotC can't write adventures for shit anymore. Guess I'll have to rework it.
>>
>>92514876
>>92514976

upgraded them a little, though I imagine others will still find them OP
>>
>>92512594
>>92512902
>>92513109
They're called "modules" cause they're "modular". Need a level 3 mine adventure? Find a place to put a mine and slot in this mine module. Tweak it how you need. That's literally how D&D started and was meant to be run before WotC started putting out big bloated adventure books and podcasters told DMs they're supposed to be storytellers

>>92515462
I think some have flashes of brilliance but you really gotta hack em up. Better to steal from older edition modules or OSR stuff, where everything is scenarios and scenes rather than whole plots
>>
>>92515986
fuck, forgot the image
>>
>>92515462
published official 5e adventures sure are but a lot of the short, third party stuff is pretty good
I like all the kobold press stuff, the prepared, tome of beasts lairs, and all their small adventures are extremely easy inspiration starters or plug and play with a nice hook, one good dungeon and a couple cool monsters
>>
lemmeaskyasumin
Do you challenge your players to be more prudent and paranoid adventurers, or do you let them slide with obvious mistakes and mistreatment of your npcs? For me personally i hate dm's that treat a table like they are all the protagonists of the universe and everything has to go their way. I had to leave a group where the players were just spoiled brats that wanted le epic moment every session or treat everyone else like a bunch of retarded poorly programmed AI for them to exploit. Just have the dm jack em off all game and pull punches.
We had a chronic pickpocketing lootgoblin that i told to stop trying to grab items like hes playing skyrim and he gave the classic "let me play how i want!" If i was the dm i would have had him slip his hand into a trap that sliced off his wrist by the third time he tried stealing off of shelves or pick pocketing during a dialogue, but our dm never did anything to stop him.
>>
>>92516002
No, anon, you don't understand. When you buy an official published adventure your are REQUIRED to run it exactly as is. Every NPC name and stat block NEEDS to be left as it was printed. Crawford himself will show up to your house and force you to run it RAW. There is literally ZERO room to change ANYTHING.
>>
>>92515703
Invest in an e-ink notebook. I love my supernote
>>
So once OneDnD comes out, will there be any reason to play 5e warlock at all?
>>
>>92516159
subclass at level 1. other than that, not really. It was one of the most buffed classes in the game
>>
>>92516095
everything in balance
let players win some things easily, and make monsters feel pathetic
let players get crushed, and make enemies seem impossible to beat
reinforce one or the other depending on how much they prepare or take it too lightly
the important part is players never fall into a routine that makes them bored. Even gritty survival realism against all odds can be boring, it's nice for things to be a breeze once in a while
>>
If I'm a level 1 Artificer and level 5 Wizard multiclass, how many spells do I get to prepare?
PHB says for each class that they prepare your int modifier + your class level, so does that mean (with an int of 20) that I get to prepare up to 6 Artificer spells and 10 Wizard spells? Or do I not get to "double-dip" like that?
>>
>>92516192
Thank god.
It needed it. I look forward to being able to melee fight, cast 9th level spells, and have SAD charisma for both AND to help with roleplay.

Then at fifth level, I can levitate or go invisible at will, and if paired with the misty step patron, that's all the exploration utility I'll need too.

I'm excited for it.
>>
>>92516403
This reads like sarcasm.

Yes, warlock is unironically overtuned in the last playtest. Third attack for bladelock and the drowning with teleportations of fey especially are just retarded.
>>
>>92516473
Well they scored high, so they aren't going anywhere.

Warlock's time in the sun has officially come.
>>
>>92516563
>Well they scored high, so they aren't going anywhere
As if that has ever stopped them from completely nerfing something into the ground. Pour one out for that dragon monk subclass.
>>
>>92516563
>Well they scored high, so they aren't going anywhere.
>he thinks playtests have any bearing on final product
KEK DONT TELL HIM
>>
>>92516142
That seems like it would take away almost every advantage of using pencil and paper in the first place. How do you take out pages and put them next to each other?
>>
>>92507003
Political intrigue is easy. Simply create 3 (or more) people (or factions) with conflicting goals. Each faction needs at least one concrete goal and one hindrance (basically answer why they haven't completed the goal yet). Then have your factions work towards their goals in an intelligent manner. Finally introduce your PCs to the factions and boom, political intrigue.
Quick example:
Good king. Goal: help his subjects live good peaceful lives. Hindrance: running out of gold to fund further projects.
Court wizard. Goal: overthrow the king and rule in his stead. Hindrance: has no supporters.
Group of low level nobles. Goal: end the system of monarchy and institute democracy. Hindrance: They don't have a big enough army to overthrow the king and his wizard.
Whichever faction (if any) the PCs align with will most likely win the power struggle. If they don't help anybody the wizard will eventually join forces with the nobles to overthrow the king, then betray them. This will leave the kingdom so weak that the big bad empire nextdoor will invade and absorb the kingdom.
There you go that's enough content to fill a dozen sessions and it took me about 5 minutes to come up with.
>>
>>92516584
>>92516642
Cry more, wizcucks. Enjoy getting the same class again, but worse.
>>
>>92516387

>PHB pg163
>You determine what spells you know and can prepare for each class individually, as if you were a single-classed member of that class.

BUT

>Each spell you know and prepare is associated with one of your classes, and you use the spellcasting ability of that class when you cast the spell.
you can't use the spells you learned as an Artificer and upcast it using a Wizard spell slot.
but i mean. fuckit. who's keeping track?

>You prepare the list of artificer spells that are available for you to cast, choosing from the artificer spell list. When you do so, choose a number of artificer spells equal to your intelligence modifier + half your artificer level, rounded down (minimum of one spell).
5 from INT and 0 from class

>You prepare the list of wizard spells that are available for you to cast. To do so, choose a number of wizard spells from your spellbook equal to your Intelligence modifier + your wizard level (minimum of one spell).
5 from INT and 5 from class
>>
/5eg/, how does this house rule sound?

>Subclass Gestalt
>when a character gains a level in a class that would grant them subclass features, they can instead choose a different subclass availaible to the same class and gain all the features that subclass grants at a level of their choice. the level they choose must be no higher than their level in the class, and they cant gain that subclass level's features if any of them modify a feature that character lacks.
>for example, if a fighter chooses the Champion subclass at 3rd level, when they gain their 7th level in fighter, they can choose to gain either the features the Champion subclass grants at 7th level, or the features the Battle Master subclass grants at 3rd level. They can't however gain the features the Battle Master subclass would grant at 7th level, because two of those features---Additional Maneuvers and Additional Superiority Dice---modify that subclass's 3rd level features, which the character has not gained yet.
>>
>>92516784
>you can't use the spells you learned as an Artificer and upcast it using a Wizard spell slot.
wrong
>>
>>92516818
=D
>>
>>92516867
To elaborate on how that's wrong the only spell slots that the game gives a shit about what class it comes from is warlock. A spell slot is a spell slot, doesn't matter how you get it. Pact slots are different.
>>
>>92516784
>you can't use the spells you learned as an Artificer and upcast it using a Wizard spell slot.
I don't... think that's right, when you multiclass casters your spell slots just kinda mesh together (minus Warlock) following the spell slots multiclassing rule. The spells are kept separate and you can only prepare based on the levels of the individual classes, but you can upcast those spells no problem.
>>
>>92505640
Just happen to be in a game with the answer

>+2 Cha, +1 Wis
>Common and Pokenese (non-awakened pokemon)
>Arcana proficiency
>Fire resistance, Cold vulnerability
>Blaze: When knocked below half health, you burn brighter for 1d4+1 rounds before smoldering. For the duration, whenever you deal fire damage, you deal additional fire damage equal to half the dice at one die size lower (ex: 3d6 fire becomes 3d6+1d4). When the duration ends, the additional fire damage instead becomes a damage penalty. Blaze deactivates whenever you are above half health.

Note this was specifically designed for a spellcaster in high-powered homebrew, so it definitely needs tweaks. My thoughts would be to replace Blaze with some variant of drow's magic feature since pokemon gain moves as they level.
>>
>>92516814
Would be a notable buff, but I suppose if you balanced your campaign around it, could be interesting. There are a lot of archetypes that have some unexciting features at later levels, although some like the Eldritch Knight and the Arcane Trickster are kinda balanced around it with the whole getting spells along the way.
There might be some broken combos out there too but I guess that's half the fun of going into gestalt...
>>
>>92515763
>your passion project
Oh, I've posted my passion project. That's this:
https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/F3VbqnngDwRL
The campaign is how I'm playtesting and adjusting the material.
>>
>>92516654
They have a lot of features and can go up in size, or you can go with something more flexible like a Boox tablet. It's worth a look at least.
>>
So my DM has a magic item "request" shop for a premium price, so I can basically get any non "super rare" magic item if I've got the money.
Anything interesting I should consider as a 9th level wizard?
>>
>>92517343
staff of defense
>>
>>92517343
Astromancy archive and Alchemical Compendium are very good.
>>
/5eg/, I'm worrying that my build is too OP and metagamey
>>
>>92518166
>metagamey
impossible for a "build"
>OP
Legitimately a DM skill issue
>>
>>92518201
>impossible for a "build"
I don't think you know what the word means sweaty. run along the big boys are talking
>>
>>92517343
arcane grimoire at uncommon rarity gives you +1 to your spell save dc and boosts arcane recovery with +1 level of spell you can regain
just a straight boost
otherwise you can look at the other tasha books that are connected to the spell schools, like fulminating treatise
>>
>>92518166
>doesnt describe the build
>>
>>92518232
retard
>>
>>92518166
What is the build?
>>
Got a one shot coming up, and it has a sort of "minotaur maze" ending. Not exactly a minotaur, but roughly the same deal: players are trapped in a constantly shifting maze with a monster, and they need to either kill it or avoid it as they try and escape.

Monsters designed to be beatable, but very dangerous. It's going to be deaf, so it can't hear them, but if it sees them it will chase them down, and the maze's master will give it hints to track them down every so often.

How do I set things up for a group I've never run before so they understand the monster isn't something they should immediately jump and just try and attack?
>>
>>92518949
Experience is a good teacher, let them jump it and have it utterly shred them before the shifting maze cuts them off from it temporarily
Can try to seed stories of just what it is capable of and how fighting it head-on is a death sentence beforehand but sometimes it can be hard for PCs to judge just how much of a threat a monster is purely from appearance, especially at later levels, short of OOC knowing the CR of the monster and thinking "oh no".
>>
>>92518949
one useful thing to have is a powerful npc that owes them a favor. When you wanna teach them something is too powerful to fight now but they're not running away, you bring the npc to tell them or help them run or block off the monster with a magical temporary wall or something
>>
>>92519116
Or just have the NPC get killed
>>
Do items that set an ability score to a particular value feel cheap to anyone else? I feel they should have a minimum requirement or even tiers of benefit based on the base ability score.
>While wearing this belt, your Strength score changes to 21. The item has no effect on you if your Strength without the belt is equal to or greater than 21, or if your Strength without the belt or any other item or non-permanent effect is less than 16.
>>
>>92519237
they're just legacy things
only give them for ability scores that arent primary to your party or after one character has surpassed them / run out of ASIs
>>
>>92519237
They allow you to avoid the boring treadmill of stat progression and take feats instead
>>
>>92519237
they are meant for subclasses that scale with a certain stat that the main class doesnt focus on
ek could use headband of intellect, rune knight could use amulet of health, artificer could use gauntlets of ogre strength to be a relatively good grappler
>>
>>92519237
For most items, I could see the requirement being lower, though that's because most of them only set the score to 19. At most I'd put in a requirement for a 13 so that it's geared to characters who have at least a tertiary investment into the stat, rather than those who dumped it entirely.
The belts are the case where higher Strength scores make sense, but even then it'd probably work better to have them scale up, more gradually. If a Belt of Hill Giant Strength (21) required 15, and a Belt of Storm Giant Strength (29) requires a 19, then you've got a pretty nice curve of Strength prerequisites that starts at characters strong enough to wear heavy armor unhindered, and peaks at those near the top of the curve.

Just generally it would help to encourage items going towards characters that can actually get the most use out of them. And 13 and 15 are hardly stringent requirements if a stat is useful for your character.
>>
>>92505033
The only way this can be rebalanced is by removing it altogether. Why are you buffing martials?
>>
>>92519237
If you freely give it out to your players, you are the only one to blame.
>>
>>92505033
all of them are dogshit except for combat reflexes which is insane for a spellcaster or pam/sentinel build
>>
>>92515961
>negotiation and social play is LE BAD
Go back to playing Warhammer, tranny.
>>
What’s your best opening scenario /tg/? A classic tavern or a hot start?
>>
Ideally excited to try the new EK out. Cantrip extra attack is just the bees knees. It’s a shame we don’t have that many melee cantrips. I don’t want to spam bb or gfb but rather a melee cantrip that just slows or knocks prone on a fail etc. current game is strahd and my pc may die next session so I’m considering asking the dm to let me use the one dnd EK.
I kind of want to do a fire genasi flaming swords man trope but at the same time extra cantrips from race could be a godsend. Any pointers lads?
>>
>>92519237
>belt that makes you strong
>useless unless you're already strong
Nah, that's dumb.
>>
>>92500928
On a 1 that can't be rerolled the shot fires out the back, automatically hitting the user.
>>
>>92500928
>On a 1 the firearm's curse causes you to negligently fire it in the direction of a random ally, allies are weak to the damage dealt by this weapon
>If you negligently strike an ally you are banished to the realm of firearms safety briefings for 1 (One) round.
>>
>>92521823
What's even that different about it? I lost track of the playtests. Last I saw it looked identical except they removed the magic school restriction, which was necessary but otherwise didn't look that much better. Still feel like they may need half casting or something, always felt undertuned to me playing them.

Also, try Shocking Grasp. Always been a fan of it. It's melee and after 5th level it's actually got really pumped damage, and if your DM actually respects the "metal armor advantage" bit it's cool.
>>
How do you actually optimize single-classed Monk? Can it be done? Is it Mercy or bust? Which races? Do you focus on DEX or WIS? How important is CON?
>>
>>92521972
The Baldwin Special
>>
>>92522443
Dual classing a monk is a recipe for disaster. You want as much ki as you can get. The most important thing is to roll for stats, then play something else if a god-tier statline doesn't materialise.
>>
>>92522912
Is 13, 17, 16, 12, 17, 14 a God-tier statline if the DM made me roll, but said the rolls were to be in order?
>>
>>92522928
Yes. Is that including your racials?
>>
>>92522941
No, that is before racials. I'm considering Monk and Ranger.
>>
>>92522947
It's the best you'll ever get for a monk. Be a wood elf for 19 dex and 18 wis, then at level 4 take elven accuracy or skill expert (stealth) to max out your DEX. You'll be fast, sneaky and have a non-shit AC which is rare for a monk.

16 CON is enough.
>>
>>92522928
Jesus fuck, how did you roll for those stats? Was it 5d6 drop the lowest or something?
>>
>>92523002
Wood Elf is cool. Which other good options are there?
>>92523016
4d6 drop lowest, but in order. Quite good luck, especially on the last point, since a high DEX and WIS lets me choose between half of the classes in the game, realistically.
>>
>>92521462
Funnily enough you use both of those more in the 40k rpg books
>>
>>92523032
>4d6 drop lowest, but in order.
Damn. Insanely good rolls.
>>
>>92523032
With those stats? Vhuman/custom lineage with 18 DEX, CON and the fighting initiate (unarmed fighting style) feat to use d8s as your damage dice at level 1. Or a harengon to always win initiative (remember you're not Rambo so don't run in first). Or a dhampir, you can use your fangs as a monk weapon and walk around on the ceiling, and they're also fast.

If you had shit dex or wis I'd tell you to be a tortle, you can do a strength build that way.
>>
>>92523117
>Vuman/CL
>Furry rabbit
>Dhampir

Will a DM who allows those allow Aarakocra as well?
>>
>>92523142
Flying is a harder sell.

I'd also pitch deep gnome (MotM) for advantage on all mental saves. Since diamond body is at 14, that's a long wait and it's still useful then.
>>
>>92522443
best damage melee, mercy
i believe mercy is melee strikes as normal but when you crit you can spend ki as mini smite
best damage ranged, kensei
use longbow and sharpshooter, spend one ki per turn on focused aim or deft strike to get a bonus action sharpshooter shot with your bow
tortle lets you abandon wisdom entirely, mountain dwarf lets you start with 17 in wisdom and dex which you both bump at level 4 for 18 ac
>>
>>92523214
Mountain Dwarf gets +2 to STR and CON. Perfect for a Barbarian, Fighter or Paladin, but worthless for a Monk.
>>
>>92523214
>dwarf lets you start with 17 in wisdom and dex which you both bump at level 4 for 18 ac
With his god stats he might be better with hill dwarf for the extra HP (or go mountain/half-elf and max dex and wis at 4).
>>
>>92523247
you have been able to put your racial bonus whereever since TCE
>>
>>92523247
TCE postmodernism allows for shameless stat padding and I don't even care.

I actually took an ASI on my Bard, and I'll probably take another at level 8. Feels really fucking shitty to get a +1 to a modifier instead of being able to do something cool.
>>
>>92523254
Hill Dwarf also gets useful ability scores for a Monk, if not DEX.
>>92523273
Optional rules, retard.
>>
>>92523254
i didnt see his god stats before i wrote my post but go mountain dwarf for 20 ac and 2 20s at level 4, i would fucking love that personally
>>
>>92523289
>doesn't allow all the optional class and racial features by default
>>
>>92523289
who the fuck doesnt use those rules
if those rules dont exist then neither does mercy monk or focused aim and then i wouldnt touch monk or ranger (the other class he wanted to look at) with a 20 foot pole
>>
>>92523311
Or be a half-elf and have some actually useful racial features since he's not going to use medium armor
>>
>>92523330
>>92523333
>treating Tasha's Turdbucket as standard
>>
>>92523311
Again, Mountain Dwarf doesn't get a bonus to DEX or WIS, but you can try Aarakocra from EEPC or Ghostwise Halfling from SCAG. These are more standard than anything from Tasha's.
>>
>>92523362
>elemental evil players companion and sword coast adventurers guide are more standard than tashas
Lol. Lmao even. I have never seen anyone use the EEPC for anything other than going 'I'm a birdman now' shortly before being flicked on the nose
>>
>>92523343
you can customize origin to replace that for some tools, if half elf can use elven accuracy then you could grab that at 12(?) to cap wisdom finally, assuming archer kensei route, but having that already capped at 4 with dwarf feels better to me
what half elf would you take?
>>
File: IMG_9794.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
Has anyone played Eldritch Hunt? How good is it, and is it worth picking up?
>>
>>92523462
Fleet of foot probably, drow magic is a bit of a trap with the charisma casting.
>>
>>92523462
Perception is also a god-tier choice for skill expert as a wismaxed monk
>>
>>92523330
>defaulting to kitchen sink “everything goes” instead of a curated experience
A nightmare indeed.
>>
>>92523492
another thing you could do is instead of a tool, grab whip prof, use dedicated weapon to make it a monk weapon and now you can stunning strike from 10 ft away
>>
>>92523574
Nice, although you can already do that with your stand
>>
>>92523565
>Is that a better Ranger chassis? I'm going insane! Help me Drowman!
>>
>>92524017
Do you know what “curated” means? Because it doesn’t mean that nothing is included.
>>
So one of my fellow PCs is playing a swashbuckler rogue. I'm not sure if this is a real subclass or houseruled but it seems OP
>normally rogue needs someone in melee with them to do sneak attack
>swashbuckler apparently gives you sneak attack if you're alone with the enemy
doesn't that mean he gets sneak attack in all situations?
Seems OP.
>>
>>92524152
It’s one of the better rogue classes, but it’s still a rogue. If he wants to match damage with other marshals, he has to find ways to trigger sneak attack multiple times a round.
>>
>>92524187
>he has to find ways to trigger sneak attack multiple times a round.
Admittedly I'm new to 5e but I thought that was impossible.
>>
>>92524152
>in all situations?
No. If he is alone with two enemies he is in trouble.
>>
>>92524212
Sneak Attack specifies once per turn. A rogue can trigger sneak attack on his turn, and during the enemy’s turn, if the pre-requisites are met, can be hit by sneak attack if the rogue manages to get an opportunity attack. Good rogue builds typically find a way to get sneak attacks in outside of their own turn, or else they fall behind marshals with multi attack.
>>
>>92524285
ah, like trough opportunity attacks and such, I get it
>>92524284
>If he is alone with two enemies he is in trouble.
So there is a limitation there, that's fine then.
>>
>>92524152
it is a real subclass and it is really cool because it can allow you to be the face of the party, you instead of a sneaky bastard that stays in the shadows can be a noble with a rapier that goes mano a mano with enemies
you really want sentinel or a battlemaster dip for riposte and other manuvers to keep up the damage and keep your allies safer
>>
>>92524212
You get sneak attack once per turn, but there are multiple turns in a round.
>>
Berserker Barbarogue with Frenzy, use your bonus action attack for Sneak Attack and your action to prepare another attack. Or maybe there is a more efficient way to get both an attack on your turn and someone else's turn.
>>
>>92524629
>Berserker
Just out of curiosity, is there a way to use sneak attack with a two-handed sword?
>>
>>92524629
>Or maybe there is a more efficient way to get both an attack on your turn and someone else's turn.
Yeah you can just dip battlemaster or play a scout.

>>92525520
Nope.
>>
>>92525520
There are at least two different longswords, with the versatile property, which also have the finesse property. Sun Blade is by far the easiest to get, but Moonblade can also have the property if it has the right rune. Legitimate two-handed, heavy weapons? I don't know any with the finesse property, so versatile two-handers are the closest you get.
>>
>>92524152
Getting sneak attack in all situations as a melee rogue is as simple as taking 2 levels in barbarian.
>>
Having the most fun I've had building characters in a long time trying out different non-hexblade bladelocks.
>>
>>92525586
>Nope.
>>92525594
>versatile two-handers are the closest you get.
shame.
This is prejudice against the brutal scoundrels, you're telling me I can't backstab someone in subtle way with a gigantic inelegant two-handed hammer? bullshit
>>
File: IMG_9719.jpg (56 KB, 900x1164)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
How to build a melee Forge Cleric?
>>
>>92525678
Reminds me of the hammer/scythe animations in dark souls where your character just shoves the weapon through the enemy's back lmao
>>
>>92525981
Mountain or Hill Dwarf, depending on how much you want to lean into bonking. Clan Crafter background.

Honestly, Forge Cleric is pretty hard to fuck up.
>>
>>92525614
I was a huge fan of the inverse doing a Hexblade with Pact of the Tome. If you're just going for a straight example or need the beef, sure, Blade is fine, but Tome is by far my favorite of the Boons and gives you a lot of fun versatility, especially with Book of Shadows. Thematically very fun, too. But, hey, if you're open to the 5.5 playtests you can always get both, but RAW right now the biggest loss is Extra Attack, since you'd still be hitting with CHA.
>>
>>92525981
why would you want a melee forge cleric? it only has searing smite, why not war or tempest?
>>
>>92526238
At low levels, Vuman War Cleric with GWM is incredibly synergistic.
>>
>>92512354
5e splats are so fucking shit and low value it's unbelievable
>>
>>92512354
Long Death is legitimately one of the best Monk subclasses available. But since it's Monk, it doesn't actually mean that much.
>>
>>92514399
>not making your own homebrew
weak. I guarantee the average anon is a better class designer than wotc
>>
>>92526388
Actually, as a general question, which things in 5e actually allow you to technically take three attacks, RAW? There's War Cleric if you multiclass into something with Extra Attack, and Berserker. That's all I'm aware of.
>>
>>92526931
polearm master
great weapon master when you crit or kill something
monk martial arts and ki fueled attack allowing you to attack with your weapon if you spent ki as part of your attack
two weapon fighting
probably some others
>>
>>92526931
Level 11 Fighter, anything with Extra Attack and an off-hand weapon, anything with Extra Attack and Polearm Master/Crossbow Expert, first-round Gloomstalker at 5th level or higher, Monk.
>>
>11th level one-shot
>one of the players makes a CBE+SS Battlemaster
>another makes a GWM Sorcadin with Quicken Spell and Booming Blade
>they have a DPR pissing contest

I don't remember who won, but the bad guys lost that day.
>>
>>92527100
I sometimes miss when my table focused on those kinds of builds. Now when we start a game they present with some bewildering set up of classes, feats, and subclasses that during the first turn end up working like some kind of arcane rube goldberg machine to melt my encounters (I honestly enjoy watching it though).
>>
File: 1713275172993669.png (339 KB, 568x506)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
2e Grog here.
Friends from the group are going to run a 5e campaign now.
Advice for setting up character for gunslinging, with out using mercers OC.
DM will allow Renaissance firearms.
>>
>>92527348
Battle Master Fighter with the Gunner feat.
>>
>>92527395
Any thoughts on going theif?
Can a pistol be used with the off hand with a bonus action?
>>
>>92527348
Gunner feat from Tasha's is probably essential to make this work. Apart from that, Fighter seems to be the best bet. Battle Master or Samurai. Rogue might also work, or Battle Smith Artificer, in which case you might not even need the Gunner feat after all. Between Extra Attack and Repeating Shot infusion, you cover all the important bases.
>>
>>92527443
Whats the deal with Samurai subclass?
>>
>>92527475
Free advantage on demand as a bonus action. Generally synergistic with feats like Great Weapon Master and Sharpshooter.
>>
>>92526976
>>92526931
>>92526990
And longtooth shifter and beast barbarian or both for 4 attacks.
>>
>>92507017
FF Stranger in Paradise, the game itself is whatever but CHAOSman is fun.
>>
>>92527428
Can't use your cunning action bonus action for an attack unfortunately.

Battle Smith Artificer like >>92527443said would also be a really interesting option.
>>
>>92526976
>>92526990
>PAM
True, I always forgot that because it's a d4 and I had a DM that ruled it was without the ability bonus to dam. so it was entirely forgettable at the time, but I love PAM so much, happy accident from the devs

>GWM
Rarely end up getting that to trigger somehow, but fair point. Technically, I know the wording is a little off and specific, but can you technically keep swingin' if you kill multiple things with each successive hit? Rare situation, but it doesn't count as a reaction and does say "when" then "may", which they usually leave open.

>Monk stuff
Oh, very true, obvious but I always forget about it because Monk occupies zero brainspace for me. Fun to watch them go, though.

>Fighter & TWF stuff
Obviously but totally blanked on either existing in that context, fair enough. Which means Fighter combined with these can get, like, 5. Which is crazy to me people don't mention it more. I also meant "full attacks" with the damage bonus, but I didn't remember to include that and digress, and Fighters get that anyways.

>CBE
Always been fucking stupid, but counts

>Longtooth Shifter or Beast Barbarian
Those are new to me, how's that? Some Tasha's thing I missed?

Thanks for the input, though, anons, I appreciate it. I do always like thinking about the exceptions to the action economy, for how important it is to the design of 5e.
>>
>>92527889
>Technically, I know the wording is a little off and specific, but can you technically keep swingin' if you kill multiple things with each successive hit?
No, only once. It uses your bonus action.
>>
>>92527428
>>92527820
If the DM allows the explosives as well as the firearms, you can use those explosives as a bonus action with Fast Hands, but that gets expensive quickly.
>>
>>92527889
>Technically, I know the wording is a little off and specific, but can you technically keep swingin' if you kill multiple things with each successive hit? Rare situation, but it doesn't count as a reaction and does say "when" then "may", which they usually leave open.
No, it's a bonus action

>Which means Fighter combined with these can get, like, 5. Which is crazy to me people don't mention it more
Samurai can make 9 if they action surge at high level, 7 of those have advantage.

>Longtooth Shifter or Beast Barbarian
Those are new to me, how's that?
Beast is tashas has been around for ages but gets slept on because it uses d6s with the claws. Shifter was eberron but got rolled into MotM.
>>
>>92528001
>MotM

"I dumb things down for dumb people: The Book"
>>
>>92528062
More like >I buffed all this shit now you'll have to use it
The only thing that got weaker was aasimar.
>>
>>92528115
Look at the Nagpa stat blocks and don't come back until you realize that you're wrong.
>>
>>92505142
Not a single way to reverse these, you fucking nigger
>>
>>92528141
What an absurdly niche creature to give a fuck about
>>
My games have become substantially better after I've taken the Laserllamapill
>>
>>92528187
Not that anon but you shut your whore mouth
>>
>>92528141
>No you don't understand, you can't just pick and choose what you want from books! You have to always use the newest version! You just can't use one thing from one book, and another from a second book! And don't even get me started on making your own statblock! AAAAHHHHH! CRAWDADDY!! SAVE ME!!!!!
>>
>>92529389
>>92528674
Uh, it's shit because the vulture wizard that's a reference to an 80s puppet movie and that nobody in this thread has ever used in a game doesn't have 26 spells anymore, simple as.
>>
>>92527940
>>92528001
>Bonus action
Christ almighty I don't know how I repeatedly speed read that out, fuck, sorry for the dipshit question

>Samurai
I have not honestly looked at this in years and feel like it's a tad underrated. It's not Battle Master so I get why, but this is actually pretty neat and does have out of combat utility. And then yeah, that's a high enough level most people don't play it, but Jesus that's a lot of attacks.

>Beast
I vaguely remembered that but my eyes glaze over at most of Tasha's, that makes sense then

>Shifter
>Ebberon

That'd be why, I fuckin' ignore anything from that. And I always forget the races in there because it's more a monster manual to me.

>>92529459
I will say, I did dislike them crunching down the spells for certain blocks, but some of them didn't need it. That said, like the other anon said, just fucking use the old block. Hell, stick a sticky note in there with the old block if you want, it should relatively fit.
>>
>>92529797
Why ignore everything from Eberron?
>>
File: 1444430874946.png (104 KB, 381x324)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>Playan dind
>Session's goin' fine
>Paladin dumps a fireball into a slum
>Sorcerer jokes about Israel bombing Palestine yadda yadda
>DM who's a jew says "no politics at the table please."
>Sorc starts spamming the same five or six jokes about Israeli genocide over and over
>DM stops the session and tells him he can either shut up or leave
>Sorc asks why he supports genocide
>DM cuts the call and goes offline. Session abruptly ends

Why are people like this?
Just play the fucking game.
>>
>>92530307
>>Paladin dumps a fireball into a slum
Yeah this didn't happen
Paladins don't get this spell
You just wanted to post about the war
Why don't you just play the game?
>>
>>92530307
>paladin
>fireball
wat
>>
>>92530307
>>DM who's a jew
found your problem
>>
>>92530391
>>92530416
From a Ring of Fireball the DM gave him, 1 charge per day

>>92530420
Evi-fucking-dently
>>
>>92530529
How is it the Jews fault if the sorcerer is the one who forced the issue?
>>
>>92530561
For being too fucking sensitive and stupid to just mute him until it's his turn?
>>
/pol/ bait, move on folks
>>
How do you feel about mandatory PC bonds before the start of the game? Doesn't have to be deep ties, stuff like "x knows about some minor secret about you, what is it?" or "you and y went on a mission that went wrong, how did that go?"
>>
>>92530632
no shit
>>92530594
or just kicking him for bringing real life bullshit into an elf game, everyone in your group are retards
>>
>>92530659
I think it would make the game more fun
there is usually a guy who just makes a Lone wolf charter
So it would be nice for them to have a reason to stick around outside of plot reasons
>>
>>92530659
I always do this - I make the characters have atleast a casual connection to one other PC at the table.
>>
>>92530659
sounds awesome, wish it was more common
only had something like that once in a short FATE game
>>
>>92514278
I kinda like the crown paladin, but admit the cavalier is probably better.
>>
>>92530773
I like the flavor of Crown paldin but I wish his features weren't
Compelled duel or 1d6 points of health
and
Oath of redemption 7th level feature
>>
>>92530735
>>92530721
>>92530689
Do you foresee it conflicting with the kind of player who does the 2 page backstory before anything even begins? Like something like uh ackshually GM I would've been in this place around that time so it wouldn't have been possible for me to be with y adventuring.
>>
>>92530852
I have my players set it up themselves, what I do is just assign which players are connected and then they can work out how their characters are connected. My only 'requirement' is the bond has to be deeper than 'we met each other at a train station'.
>>
>>92530852
With 2 pages my one 1 sentence charter can surely fit somewhere
"I guess my charter would have been there too"
to any of his backstoru
>>
>>92530879
Can you give me some examples of how deep some of your players did their bonds?
>>
>>92530561
Its a joke and the DM decided to be a bitch, der jew DMs fault
>>
>>92530852
Nobody in my games does "proper" backstories for some reason. In that FATE one we came up with backstories on the spot, in other games it's just "I'm an adventurer looking for fortune" or some variation of "a god told me to come" (prophetic dreams, an order from a temple, etc).
>>
>>92530979
>DM says to cut out-of-game shit
>sorc can't read the room and takes this as a call to do it over and over again
No joke is funny five or six times in a row. At that point you're just trying to be annoying.
>>
>>92530930
At my current table (3 players, Eberron game) I have:

>A veteran of the last war
>A guild artificer
>A druid who's order tracks the stars to prevent planar incursions

The veteran and the guild artificer have worked together to hunt monsters emerging from the Mournland. And the druid and the soldier fought together when they were both on the same battlefield where a planar seal was breached.
>>
>>92530852
That's why you make characters as a group. A character backstory is fine, but not if it's 2 pages of reasons why the character isn't a good fit for the party.
If your character doesn't know anyone in the party, make a new character that does. Simple.
>>
>>92530979
Why do you wanna intentionally piss off your DM though?
>>
>>92522213
In the original version you got to make a weapon attack as a bonus action when you cast a cantrip, so Green Flame Blade and one attack.

In the new version you take the attack action and can replace an attack with a cantrip, so at level 11 you would make 2 weapon attacks, cast Green Flame Blade, and still have your bonus action.
>>
Looking for a 5E class that does psychic powers well, preferably without just playing a wizard.
>>
>>92531565
Mystic in UA
In books there isn't one
>>
>>92531565
aberrant mind is the only officially published one, but it's a sorcerer
>>
>>92531565
Phi warrior is a option too if your okay with playing a fighter
>>
>>92531565
Great old one warlock.
>>
File: hbk oversell.webm (3.84 MB, 960x720)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB WEBM
What class is the hulkster and why does he know how to cast hellish rebuke?
>>
>>92531940
He is just a tiefling that cut of his horns
You can tell by how red his skin is
>>
File: 1704914572568753.png (114 KB, 677x704)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
best way to set up an encounter where you want the bad guy/boss to flee and show up later?
yes i will railroad my players, idgaf
>>
>>92531959
Well it depends on what the bad guy is
Can you give us descriptors?
>>
"wizards shouldn't be able to learn any healing spell" feel like the only "hard" line of things wizards can't do, but it feels dumb when bards and artificers can learn healing.
wizards being able to go melee and keep a full spell progression is way shittier that being able to cast revivify or cure wounds, similar thing with being able to learn many spells that make others' skills obsolete. Plus there are already several classes that "can do anything"´, such as bard, cleric and druid.
Plus they should absolutely be squishier, and many level 1 "I cast solve problem" spells should be higher level
>>
>>92531996
currently thinking about a scheming humanoid, leiutenant to an evil faction or faction whose goals the players would not align with
>>
>>92531959
Let them kill the bad guy but he's got an army of clones/copies/body doubles
He cast contingency that triggers a teleport when he's about to die
Steal the mythic actions from dragons

These are what I added to Strahd to justify him fucking with the party in CoS
>>
>>92531891
>>92531855
>>92531793
>>92531760
I'm okay with homebrew/3rd party stuff
>>
>>92531547
Oh, right. I forgot how that worked, especially since my table has had that houseruled a while since that's how other similar features work after Tasha's.

Honestly, a lot of the things like that or what need to be updated are just bringing older features that didn't work back in line with how similar things worked in later splats, usually fixes it fine. Considering how many attacks Fighter gets that is a very nice buff, though, shame about the slot levels/quarter casting that puts me off it, but hey.
>>
>>92527889
>fighter can get 5
if you multiclass echo knight 5, gloomstalker 3 and play motm bugbear
you can spend your bonus action on hunters mark before attacking a creature that hasnt gone yet in combat on your first turn
hunters mark adds 1d6 to each attack
bugbear has surprise attack that adds 2d6 to each attack
fighter 5 has extra attack so 2 attacks
gloomstalker has dread ambusher that adds an additional attack when you use the attack action on your first turn so 3
echo knight has unleash incarnation that gives you another attack when you use the attack action so 4
using action surge is a whole other action so 8
assuming they all hit and you are using a glaive with 18 str it is 8d10+32 plus 16d6+8d6+2d8 extra damage on your first turn
>>
>>92532026
Well You can always try to have him try to get the party into his pocket, offering a quest and being sociable while keeping his true intentions hidden until its too late.
If you do this I recommend giving him a retinue of body guards so he can always run away if the party immediately tries to kill him
>>
>>92532092
shield :^)
>>
>>92532123
my sorcerer friend casts subtle counterspell
>>
>>92531959
bad guy is in a rush to do something and doesn't wanna spend time dealing with pcs
cavalry/dawn/magical thing arrives that changes the environment forcing him to retreat to his preferred one
>>
i thought i was dead so i broke the FUCK out of my oath. what do i do now
>>
>>92532436
Being an oathbreaker isn't too bad, just try to make sure your party doesn't fight a lot of undead.

...Also, storytime? How badly did you burn that bridge?
>>
>>92532436
Well how did you break your oath?
and what kind is it
>>
Why is charger feat shit on so much? Pinballing around from enemy to enemy with a dash attack sounds kind of fun for a barbarian.
>>
>>92532567
Is it shit on?
I always just thought it was average
>>
>>92532567
Most of the time, you're better off just making two attacks rather than trying to get 5 extra damage.
Assuming an enemy is far enough away where you would need to dash (and 80 feet would be the range of a dashing Barbarian), you'd still only really benefit from the feat for a single turn. After which unless all of the enemies are also 60-80 feet away, you aren't really going to be getting any benefit from charging again.

Unironically you'd be better off just playing an Eagle Barbarian. Then you bonus action dash for free and still keep both of your attacks.
>>
So a conjuration wizard is special in that their level 2 feature allows them to just have costly spell components like the "400gp golden skull" used for summon undead and other non-consumed components like it provided they've seen it before? Seems pretty good.
>>
>>92532567
>WOW 5 EXTRA DAMAGE!

You do realize hitting a creature with a second attack would almost certainly do more than 5 damage, right?
>>
>>92532997
Wait..
There is not price on this so you can get a 500gp diamond at well
And here I though it was useless
>>
>>92532069
the homebrew Psions from Kibblestasty and laserllama are two of the most popular and free to access. UA mystic is another option, as the other anon said, but people often shit on it for being too overpowered. some dude named Stratos made a psion class and supporting subclass/ psionic power book, and I liked what I saw, but that's DMsGuild. head over to the share thread if you want to take a peek.
>>
>>92533078
Where are you getting the second attack?
If you spend your action to dash you get to make one attack
So where is the second attack?
>>
>>92533169
you have 40 feet of movement, usually enemies arent going to be that spread out so that the feat sees any use
>>
>>92533169
If you toss two javelins, you can make two attacks against any creature you start your turn within 60 feet of. That's the same distance most characters could get out of a dash, except throwing javelins doesn't require a feat.
>>
What real or fictional martial art should I be describing an Earth Genasi monk using? Quasai mystical bullshit mixed with real techniques is what I'm looking for. Some kind of striking heavy martial art that's got a very rooted to the ground kind of stance.
Earth Genasi because in my head the guy's using his skin hardening power to turn his fists/feet/shins/elbows/etc into stone for short bursts for harder blows
>>
>>92533295
Describe it like sumo wrestling.
>>
>>92533295
Maybe too cliche, but earthbending from ATLA is based primarily on Hung Gar kung fu
>>
>>92533415
Wrong. It's shangdong mantis style. Unless your talking about some shitty irrelevant type of "bending".
>>
>>92533539
Literally only Toph does mantis style
>>
I tried making another human variant because I hate how wotc does humans
>>
>>92533562
>Unless your talking about some shitty irrelevant type of "bending".
That's what I said, yes.
>>
So is Brancalonia actually any good?
>>
File: 84844894984.jpg (445 KB, 2169x983)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
rec me some homebrew worth reading that's on the public 5etools repos
I wanna be inspired
I already read all the kobold stuff
>>
>>92533592
EXCUSE ME?
>>
>>92533899
You read that right, pebbles.
>>
File: 1627249756061.gif (280 KB, 128x128)
280 KB
280 KB GIF
>realize a while ago my multiclass fighter warlock doesn't really gel with the group's dynamic in either combat or rping
>negotiate rolling a new character(sorcerer) with the dm with a backstory in which the fighterlock's patron effectively tps him out and replaces them with the sorcerer via the sorcerer's own ties to the patron
>he's down with it
>character fully done and ready
>been 2 months with the party already going through 1 dungeon and multiple different encounters
>ask why he hasn't pulled the trigger and done the switch with my character yet
>"oh it's coming"
>this week comes, last session literally announces to the group that they're gonna meet a new player character
>session comes and goes with no switch

I'm genuinely kind of pissed that all this time I've been treating my current character with disinterest and not trying to engage too hard for the sole reason that I know they're one foot out the door.

Guess the DM can get enough of my clunky "double attack" via dual wielder feat and my character responding to every word spoken to them with a. "Yeah, okay."
>>
>>92534156
You should go ahead and demand the execution already, the DMs clearly too caught up in his story to kill you off
>>
>>92532092
How have you positioned your echo without taking a turn?
>>
>>92533576
This is shit. It's weak and it's boring.
>>
You have been put in charge of renovating Divine spellcasting so it's not a carbon copy of Arcane casting. You can keep a 0 through 9 level power scaling to keep on-pace with the usual system, but you can't use 'spell slots' as a mechanic and there are no 'schools' of divine magic.

What do you make for both flavor and function?
>>
>>92533295
you never touch anything directly, every thing you do offensively, you do with stone
you launch stones into the air with your feet and kick or punch them into the enemy
in urban environments you shove them into stone walls, the ground etc
>>
>>92534512
the echo has infinite duration, you just need to set it up to be within 30 feet of you and the enemy when you start
>>
File: barrier.jpg (156 KB, 1144x866)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
God I love abjuration magic. Barriers, seals, and anti-magic are just gnarly.
>>
>>92533827
Just make your own, its fun and really satisfying when it works well in game.
>>
>>92532092
>roll initiative 50 feet from your enemy
>can't do this cheesy bullshit
>>
>>92535545
same bro, defensive and reactive magic are dope
>>
>>92535735
Top 5 for me are
>Circle of Power
>Antimagic Field
>Shield
>Shield of Faith
>Mage Armor
Too fucking cool. My last DM let my wizard learn Circle of Power after a lot a research, but with an added component cost.
>>
File: a1l2vg5gv5471.jpg (270 KB, 1920x1080)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>92535772
Awesome picks but what about counterspell and dispel magic? Yeah AMF is great, but it also shuts you down, I prefer the lower power but more flexible options. How do you like to describe your mage armor? I try and describe something like pic related, but obviously fantasy flavored.
>>
>>92535811
>counterspell
Honestly? I hate the gameplay feel of it. Its strong for sure, but it just feels cheap if that makes sense.
>dispel magic
For sure will always be a pick, but not top 5. Too situational for combat, and very DM dependent if its useful for exploring. AMF and CoP usually do a lot more for me, granted its way higher level.
>How do you like to describe your mage armor?
Depending on the character, its either a vague aura like hunter x hunter, or something more rigid like manifested plate armor.
>>
>>92535545
> In party with abjuration wizard
> Guy has never used Shield, Absorb Elements or counterspell, only uses mage armour after I use cast it first (and for the first many sessions, he wouldn't even cast it until a fight had already began).
> Has never used the arcane ward, despite being reminded about it
> Gets mad when anyone tries to remind him his skills or make suggestions.
> Does not roleplay at all, completely silent outside combat unless someone directly ask him a question.
Gods, I hate that guy so much.
>>
>>92536484
>Has never used the arcane ward, despite being reminded about it
That has to be actual autism. Arcane ward is so good and half the reason you pick Abj wizard. You can't just ignore it.
>>
File: orihime_shield.gif (903 KB, 500x288)
903 KB
903 KB GIF
>>92535772
>abjuration specialists
>>
>>92535646
>cast longstrider before combat
>dread ambusher gives you +10 feet of movement when you start your first turn of combat
nice try sweatie ;^)
>>
>>92533267
Yeah but we are talking about the charger feat
You can spend your action to dash, in return it gives you 1 attack using your bonus action
>>
File: 1694318020619394m.jpg (56 KB, 1024x672)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>92535545
>clockwork soul gets to pick the ace abjuration spells, shield, armor of agathys, counterspell, banishment and wall of force as bonus spells
hell yeah abjurer bros
>>
>>92537584
i forgot about aid too
>>
Level 8 campaign
I made a swashbuckler rogue. Just rogue 7, wood elf.
he's wielding a houseruled "elven blade" from the gms that is literally just a longsword with finesse. I think he stole it from pathfinder or something.
Anyway, I'm getting to level 8 and can pick a feat. Is there any way for me to get an attack with my bonus action while using a verstile finesse weapon in both hands using feats? I don't want to multiclass if at all possible.
>>
>>92537716
revenant blade allows you to use a two headed scimitar with the finesse property (2d4/1d4)
you are an elf so you qualify for the feat
>>
>>92537831
thanks, I'll see if the GM allows two-headed scimitars. You don't need any other feat to add dex to dmg of the bonus action hit, right? Since it's not actually dual-wielding.
>>
>>92537958
since your dm gave you that finesse longsword im sure he wont have a problem with it since technically you need to start with the eberron specific wood elf to get the weapon prof, it is not twf with the dual scimitars so you get to add dex on both which is more damage than two finesse longswords without the two weapon fighting style (2d4+1d4+2dex is 5+2.5+10 vs 2d8+dex is 9+5)
the only other option is dual wielder but like i said you dont get to add dex to the bonus action
>>
>>92535594
bruh of course i make my own, Im just looking for good content to read
>>
>>92538067
nice. thanks
>>
>>92538159
I did a little digging, the offical release does not allow you to swap elven weapon training for the dual bladed scimitars so you would need martial weapon prof RAW so you would want to dip fighter at this level and get revenant blade at next level up, your dm seems cool so he might be ok with that just being part of the revenant blade feat
>>
>>92538249
Ah, I see I don't want to multiclass but I'll discuss this with him, thanks for the help.
>>
File: IMG_2140.jpg (14 KB, 202x250)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
Coming into a new level 10 campaign.

>Copper the copper Dragonborn was named after how much his parents used to buy him from the orphanage.
>good boy town guardsman who sucked shit at his job
>but somehow things always seemed to turn out fine

>6wild magic sorcerer/1peace cleric/3mastermind rogue
>still using his old uniform chain shirt and spear+shield
>12-14s across the stat board
>peace cleric emboldening bond grants 1d4 to mostly every d20 rolls(no concentration)
>help action has a range of 30 feet and can be used as action or bonus action
>guidance adds 1d4 to ability checks
>bless adds 1d4 to attack rolls and saving throws
>all other spell slots are used for sorcerer’s bend luck to add or subtract to mostly any d20 roll(on reaction)

>everything reflavored as basic supportive cheers, shoulder rubs, and positive affirmations
>dudes doing his best
>just really lucky
>>
>to gain the expert sidekick class, a creature must have at least one language it can speak
>blink dog has 'blink dog' on its languages
It's all coming together
>>
>>92533807
Anyone played it?
>>
>>92539783
But what if it had the personality of scrappy doo?
Would it still be worth it?
>>
>>92539819
Fortunately I don't speak blink dog. They're also eligible to learn cleric/druid spells.
>>
>>92537584
Yeah but clockwork soul is gay. Hate the flavor. On that note, I also hate EVERY sorcerer subclass for the same reason. How did they fuck up so bad?
>>
>>92541577
Probably because half the subclasses like Draconic, Storm and Wild are outdated, mainly due to no additional spellcasting options and just come off feeling like gimped wizards.
>>
>>92541577
Clockwork soul was made for sorcadin multiclasses, just like aberrant mind was made for sorlocks.
>verification not required
>>
>>92541577
why do you hate the flavor? i dont get it
>>
>>92541577
To fix 5e classes all you have to do is take raw mechanics, balance them, then completely reflavor everything, and there you go you have good subclasses
of course there's an argument to be made that this should be wotc's job instead of releasing complete garbage and expecting us to pay for it
>>
Can someone give me some advice about Witchlight?
DM seems like he's gonna play things very RAW. It's his first ever dnd campaign (he's done other games). I think I'm probably gonna play a bard to help with all the skill checks.
Can I have any advice?
>>
>>92541964
You'll be fine. Every encounter can be solved by talking, and the answers are painfully obvious.
>>
>>92541704
Not that anon but what the fuck kind of flavor is 'my granddad stuck his dick into the clock dimension so now I can cast fireball'?
>>
New thread:

>>92542147
>>92542147
>>92542147
>>
>>92541964
Hags are cool. Make bargains with them.
>>92542050
We found some redcaps in the forest who wanted to kill us because violence was fun. Not sure what we could have offered them to avoid a fight.
>>
>>92542143
Good flavour, and I'm and tired of pretending it's not.
>>
>>92542383
Another victim

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.