[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: War in the Webway.png (968 KB, 995x559)
968 KB
968 KB PNG
Talons edition

Previous Heresy:>>92544846

『Horus Heresy』
>Official Website
https://thehorusheresy.com/
>New to The Horus Heresy? Here’s Everything You’ll Need to Get Started
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/30/new-to-the-horus-heresy-heres-everything-youll-need-to-get-started/
>Official FAQ/Errata/Downloads:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/#the-horus-heresy
https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#the-horus-heresy
>Thread FAQ (very old, remembers Age of Terra)
https://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
https://pastebin.com/8riDmnhS
>30k TACTICA & TIPS
https://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp
https://1d6chan.miraheze.org/wiki/Age_of_Darkness-Warhammer_30k/2.0_Tactics/General_Tactics
>Fluff(visions and BL)
/folder/FepmWCBL#mVFzgCLouF_RDkRX9LgNeg
/folder/OiATGCjK#jW1dY6KRM6zshg0A7bvWkA
>HH1 Black Books
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/QkpUCIhK
>HH2 Rules and Supplements
/folder/7jYhnbzT#CHimCvMfmF86Gwoc7nh4ZA

『Adeptus Titanicus』
>Rules and supplements
/folder/s9xQ3CiA#9a594y1utfRGxKLxiIy2aQ/folder/p5YjXaLL
>List of Titan Legions with Badges and Colours
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jccq0V--SwJifLVLwbisYnQeqLlS2pMSiPbGXp1Brs/htmlview
>More lists
https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/List_of_Titan_Legions
>What size magnets do I need?
5x1mm
>Tactics
https://1d6chan.miraheze.org/wiki/Adeptus_Titanicus/Tactics
>homemade missions:
https://clawsandfists.blogspot.com/2019/09/matched-play-missions-for-adeptus.html

>Thread question:
What is your favourite Non-Astartes army for 30k?
>>
>>92562588
>TQ
well i play Mechanicum only, so i guess Mechanicum
>>
>>92562588
>What is your favourite Non-Astartes army for 30k?
Those exist?
>>
>>92562588
>TQ
Mechanicum, with Tech-Guard militia.
>>
File: army officer.jpg (664 KB, 1175x844)
664 KB
664 KB JPG
>>92562588
>TQ
Waited since late 3e to make HH era Army with blackjack and hookers. All I got was PDF with some special rules and aqua knights...
>>
>>92562623
We need to give Space Marines a variety in what they kill.
>>
ill ask this question again since it caused such sperg out last thread. i have a lot of old interesting first born bits i want to use to make some interesting units and im looking for some recommendations, probably veterans or a command squad. i have 2 of the old first born sternguard box, vanguard vets box, some of the old company command box, the devastators box, the old first born templars upgrade, the old fw mk3 imperial fists torsos, and the fists vet heads. any ideas with out a conniption fit this time ?
>>
>>92562648
I want to go back. Rangdan when?
>>
>>92562683
>no unification wars
>no great crusade
>no imperial militia style book for xenos races
>no crusade era orks
Bros...
>>
>>92562673
>with out a conniption fit
>conniption fit
>with out
ISHYGDDT
>>
File: 20240420_171150.jpg (2.15 MB, 3822x1878)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
Reposting my bitter dudes from the last thread. What are you all working on this weekend?
>>
File: ism.jpg (4.15 MB, 2364x4040)
4.15 MB
4.15 MB JPG
>>92562673
Take the bits you can use and put them to use. Trade/sell bits you can't use for bits you can use. Biggest problem is that old SM stuff is a bit out of scale and design with new HH stuff. Heads have gotten a little smaller, torsos are part of the body (it's still possible to remove the torso and use old torsos, just requires some work) and if you use the bits to make complete models (like MkVI), they're bound to be a little smaller than the new HH marines.
>>
File: 20240412_211931.jpg (445 KB, 1265x1486)
445 KB
445 KB JPG
Is Galaxy in flames worth a read? Need a book for my flight.

PfA
>>
>>92562701
Desu they don't even need to put in everything, just maybe the interex because horus fucked em up and the rangdan. Just make the setting physically distinct from 40k in more ways than "40k marines drive tonka trucks for kids".
>>
>>92562721
Why are hazard stripes so hard to draw?
>>
File: 5QM3.gif (165 KB, 400x324)
165 KB
165 KB GIF
>>92562755
Wonder if you could use just the optic part of the lascannon to make a marine who's taking pictures in the middle of the battle.
>>
>>92562791
>Remembrancer / Recon Marine
based
>>
File: IMG_2633.jpg (227 KB, 1800x784)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
Thoughts on the Xiphon?
I'm thinking about getting one proonted out, because I just can't justify getting even a recast fir the points you're getting for it.
>>
Getting there. What are you lot working on?
>>
File: IMG_1666.jpg (2.82 MB, 4032x3024)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB JPG
>>92562885
40 tacs
>>
>>92562885
About to finish my warlord and about to start painting my Leviathan
>>
>>92562757
>Interex and Rangda
What if they were represented by Tau and Tyranids? Like, yeah they're not.
But think about it. Generic high tech aliens. Generic feral creature aliens.
Idk what other tropes would you need? For Independent Humans, I'd say "Fix Militia" but I don't play them (and nobody really does), so idk how to fix them.
Besides changing Third Line to just be BS3. Fuck how nasty Third Line is.
>>
>>92562846
>Our pilots need to be able to eat rocks, spit acid and eat enemy brains to steal memories!
Space marine pilots are such a waste of Astartes augmentations.
>>
>>92562885
1st day back from vacation. Grabbed 5 mostly painted sniper scouts out there that Imma finish after finalizing my blackshield scheme. Original owner had a nice camo scheme on the capes I'd like to keep.
>>
>>92563010
>super human soldier with super human reflexes
Sounds like they could be a good pilot to me? Anyone have the black book page that talks about some of what I believe were black shield pilots?
>>
>>92562623
Solar Auxilia. It's also my favourite army of all in 30k.
>>
>>92562588
>TQ
Militia. Just hoping they get some more PDF love or an updated re-release in print.

>>92562885
Waiting for when I can kept back to sanding my 3d prints and cleaning up my rescue Leman Russes next week.
>>
>>92562588
>TQ
I used to play a knight list with a Solar Aux detachment.
IIRC the list was something like
Gallent
Acheron
Castellen
Then for aux i would do something like
Las secion with defense wall
A 10 man squad with Volkite
Termite drill
3 basalisks
Tech priest with 4 servetors
Then What ever the commander dude was.

Was a really fun list to play, could hold its own but was not super oppressive like a lot of knight lists can be.
>>
File: 20240419_221447.jpg (393 KB, 1490x1578)
393 KB
393 KB JPG
>>92562885
Ello fellow world eater. What is that blue?
>>
File: w40k_ia_iw_m0.jpg (14 KB, 279x323)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>92562673
>>
File: pertfacetierlist.png (526 KB, 667x903)
526 KB
526 KB PNG
I love Pert.
>>
>>92563331
You missed the S-tier one. Though, I believe it has since fallen in the image search results.
>>
>>92563331
the second one in A looks like someone else drew the chaos star on his forehead while he was asleep and he's pissed off
>>
>>92562846
If you know your opponent brings flyers too and you don't have a cancerous meta with endless hammercata and lasHSS auguries, get one, they're particularly fun to bring in behind the other guy's flyer (and that way they can't be Reacted to)

in bigger battles you won't notice 105 points and on bigger battlefields it's not really worth the other guy's time to try and cover everything, so you can usually find a sweet spot where you're out of range of anything that hurts and you get a good round of shooting with your very good missiles and absolutely fuck something that can't even shoot back because it lacks defensive weapons with the right range

some legions benefit from taking vehicles more than others (eg Ravenwing, Iron Hands, Death Guard, Salamanders, Raven Guard), and while the Xiphon is very much intended as a glass cannon with those weapons at that cost, the trick with flyers generally is to give the other guy something else to shoot at - bringing them on at the same time as a Deep Strike Assault or whatever, forcing him to use his heavy hitters on something much closer to his own lines, means you get that good turn of shooting with the Xiphon and maybe more

10 lascannons will only tend to blow up a Xiphon outright 1/5 (ie 1/50 shots) and will normally only cause 1HP every 9 shots under ideal rolls, but this can be brought down a little with eg LA:RG or the ramjet diffraction grid; with bad dice for him, your Xiphon's biggest problem can easily be that it's hard to manoeuvre without going back into Reserves, but watch out for Iron Warriors bolters, they'll fuck you up with glances
>>
>>92562846
For a 100 points they're not too much of a loss, even if it gets shot down before it can reach the shooting phase.
When it does survive, it's dirt cheap for having 5 shots with twin-linked str 8 or 9 and AP 2.

But most important of all the model is the most sexy airplane marines have, second only to the iconic Thunderhawk.
>>
>>92562885
Haven't had time to hobby, and it's really bringing down my general mood.Would have made a joke about slowly getting closer to wanting to kms, but that seems tasteless since the BAnon incedent recently. Stay strong BAnon, there are too few properly painted Blood Angels already.

>>92563351
Did we ever figure out why it was so high in the search results for Perturabo?
>>
File: COME AT ME BRO.jpg (57 KB, 918x948)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>92562588
>tq
Mechanicum.
Would be SoS if they had more models, their design is kino
>>
>>92562673
If you’re in the “everything and everyone should hold hands and sing kumbaya while being accepted group” do whatever the fuck you want and then dismiss anyone who doesn’t like it.

If you’re looking to make something that is generally consistent with HH, you’ll need to pick and choose what bits and models you use, and you may have to change some details by filing, cutting, or filling. With minimal removal of details, I’d say the boxes have:
>Sternguard
2 MkVI legs
1 MkIV legs
1 Close-ish to MkVI torso
2 MkVI backpacks
All the shoulder pads look fine in overall shape, but I’d either remove details from or not use the ones that have lots of skull motifs, and that have the big veteran crosses on them (even if you just siding use them, that still leaves you nine pads).
2 MkVI heads
1 classic noot-noot style MkIV head
5 unhelmeted heads (one had a MkVII grille)
All the arms are fine, I’m a big fan of the ones with the MkII style cuffs (I think they’re actually MkVIII arms but they looks great)
Regarding weapons: I’m not a fan of the godwyn pattern bolters/combo weapons so I would look to get a set of the old bolter kits (I’m sure you can find half decent recasts even on shit like eBay for a few bucks) and replace them with different pattern bolters.
The rest of the bits in the sternguard kit are MkVII and VIII, and unless you’re doing a late siege of Terra themed IF or BA army and very intentionally choosing to use those bits, I’d avoid them.

>vangaurd
The vanguard vets have a pretty similar assortment, but a lot more post-codex details and just plain 40k styled details and levels of adornment. I’d aim to mix in bits sparingly from this kit but not use them all together (though it’s a 40k pattern, I do love the inlayed bolt pistols).

>company command
This box is mostly MkVII but the shoulder pads and melee weapons are good. The nartheicum, scanner, banners and vexilla, and a lot of the greebles are great bits.
>>
>>92563866
Or if you didn't have to pay £35 for 5 T3 Sisters while 20 marines costs £50. Where are all the feminists mad about this shit?
>>
any good 3rd party servo arms?
>>
>>92562673
>>92563978
>devastators
You’ve got three MkVI legs, three torsos, and two heads, some cyber familiars, some excellent non-weapon holding hands, a bionic arm, and some good base decoration. I’d stay away from the weapons.

The black Templar upgrades and the IF stuff really are only good for IF (duh) and I’m not a fan of the axe from the Templar kit but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it besides it being ugly.

Tl;dr: I think your best bet is to not make a single project out of this pile of stuff, but keep them on hand and use them to spice up other things. You’ve got a ton of great bits for making praetors, centurions/consuls, knights-errant (this is the one I’m really ogling a lot of the bits for), and for spicing up sergeants and other commanders. If you’re set of making a specific project out of this, I’d do a command squad and at least a couple out of: a Primus medicae, an armistos, a master of signals, a champion, a warmonger (looking at those fancy MkIV legs from the vanguard kit), a herald, a delegatus, and a praetor or two.
>>
File: IMG_0194.gif (5.13 MB, 400x258)
5.13 MB
5.13 MB GIF
>>92563351
Couldn’t find that one, but I did find this gem. No one ever said the Russians weren’t innovative.
>>
>>92562846
I’d avoid a print for the xiphon unless you have a really good printer with good climate control that’s very well dialed in and trammed. The xiphon has lots of large flat surfaces and varying angles that will make print lines stick out like a sore thumb. $ per point is a bad way to look at models unless you’re just trying to expand to reach a playable army.
>>
>>92564024
If you can print or have someone print, redwarden has a good tech marine set with servo arms and attachments
>>
I'm away from my books for tonight. Anyone got the veterans stat and gear pages?
>>
File: wpid-wp-1441992195704.jpg (219 KB, 750x514)
219 KB
219 KB JPG
>>92564024
Kromlech and Anvil has some. Dunecrawler comes with a servo-arm bit that's good size for marine packs. There's also option to use various little claws and in the Kataphron and other Admech kits to pimp a potential techmarine conversion.
>>
>>92564146
>If you can print or have someone print
i dont
>>92564280
hmmm... might just have to get a recast iron father and cut his servo arm off
>>
>>92564563
If you're going for a recast, you can just get a full techmarine and scavenge the pack from him. Or are you making something other than a regular techmarine?
>>
>>92564639
im making a terminator warsmith with a tortuga body
>>
File: 1702222395481240.jpg (962 KB, 4500x3000)
962 KB
962 KB JPG
>>92562755
Yes galaxy in flames is well worth the read, 90% of the heresy books are ass and unnecessary but the first 3 are kino, also class mini
>>
>>92564650
There are many ways of fitting servo-arms to a terminator. If you could fit a CML or grenade harness on top, you could cut the launcher tubes off and use the central hub as a mounting spot for arms. The two fans on the back of a Cataphractii is a great spot for some mechadendrite. You could do a Datasmith style chest rig with little servo arms from a Kataphron.
>>
>>92564718
fitting the servo arm wont be a problem i just need a good servo arm. i want 1 big smashy one but didnt want to have to buy the iron father just to cut the arm off.
>>
>>92562831
Recon-themed techmarine, flavour as spotter.
>>
File: 038.jpg (163 KB, 1024x768)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>92564744
If you can find recasts (or parts of) the 40k servo-harness techmarine, that comes with a big servo-arms.
>>
>>92562885
Just got weapons to do on the last of my assault squad. Got past the shoulders while only messing up and redoing two of the decals, which is low for me.
>>
>>92564792
thanks ill look for that. that looks great
>>
>>92564792
Not a bad idea. Still have three 40k techmarines with servo harness that no longer exist in 40k FUCK primarshitters so that's quite a number of servo arms I can distribute.
>>
>>92564670
Managed to find Horus Rising at a local barnes. Suppose ill read the trilogy.
>>
File: IMG_0195.jpg (1.14 MB, 2973x1993)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB JPG
>Friendship ended with 1.0 rules combi-weapons.
>Friendship started with one-in-five rotor cannons on grey slayers

They’re just dry fit so I could get the feed columns shaped, but damn do they look good. The only downside is I’ve noticed I missed removing mould slips on the top of two helmets and I guess I’m going to have to repaint that.
>>
>>92563790
Somebody posted it on some site in a reply to a guy who posted the BB Pert face titled Smug Perturabo. I think it kinda snowballed from there because everyone clicked on the boobs wondering how boobs connected to Pert in any way.
>>
>>92565032
>everyone clicked on the boobs wondering how boobs connected to Pert in any way
The iron is within
>>
>>92563790
Wait what happened to BA Anon, i've not checked the threads recently

is he ok , last I saw he was in rehab
>>
>>92563790
Ditto with this anon>>92565109, is BA Anon alright?
>>
>>92565109
>>92565189

Dude kinda lost it and started cutting himself, posting pics of the proceedings in the /hhg/ thread. Thankfully it didn't escalate too far, and a temp ban and a few stitches later he reported back to us that he was still alive. Has still been posting occasionally since then.
>>
>>92565199
Jesus

Hope he's ok. Its always nice seeing his models

BA Anon if you can see this, don't do that shit man
>>
File: Resized_20240420_215401.jpg (928 KB, 1632x1224)
928 KB
928 KB JPG
Put together my first order from WTG. Not super stoked with all the cleaning up. The front of the dreadnought was halfway to unsalvageable, there's a piece from one of the arms that I think is missing but I can't deny I might have accidentally tossed it with the flash but that's an easy fix, but the end result is pretty fine. The smaller pieces were all pretty good but for larger pieces I'm still on the fence. A second test order is warrented.
Still for that price I shouldn't bitch.
>>
>>92565249
That dreadnought is one of the older FW models. The older models usually have quite horrible casting quality at WTG.
>>
>>92565292
Yeah I figured. I need to see larger more modern casts before I decided if I want to start feeling up a titan.
>>
File: Resized_20240420_215524.jpg (149 KB, 1536x480)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
>>92562885
Gonna make some objective markers for Titanicus
>>
>>92565249
I have an ironclad in my cart right now
How bad is unsalvageable if you can be specific
>>
>>92565249
>>92565342
What titan are you looking at? Wanting to make up stripes in full size?
>>
File: IMG_5045.jpg (1.77 MB, 4032x3024)
1.77 MB
1.77 MB JPG
I’m building up a second squad of breachers:
What are y’all’s opinions on lascutters?

My other squad of breachers is barebones with grav guns and a combi-melta on the sergeant and I’m trying to decide whether I want to give these guys the same or something different, both from a rules and an army composition standpoint (these are in MkIII while the others are in MkIV, so part of me says that the other squad would get the fancier equipment while these guys are more the grunts).
>>
>>92565510
One side of the front vox grill was buried in overun with lots of excess in the corners. The reactor in the back needed lots of sanding to fit properly, and even then it's skewed slightly, there was mold slippage on the legs that wasn't hard to deal with but still noticable, and the claw arm I got was just like the actual FW claw arm which was pretty shit back then.
>>92565544
I'm gonna do the Pale King first, actually, so a warlord. I have the head unit (legit fw) and I think as I go along I'll get the guns one at a time before going for the body.
Jim will receive the 28mm treatment, one day down the line.
>>
>>92565571
>lascutters
cool idea, just not very good. I was never fond of the look either.
>>
>>92562721
I'm jealous of your hazard stripes.
I only have a few on vehicles, but mine are terrible.

To answer your question, some AL seekers.
>>
Can nu-mkIII be salvaged by giving them the old mkIII heads? Thoughts?

Or are there any 3d printer shops that sell mkII-IV in nu-size in the UK or the EU?
>>
>>92562721
Very nice haz stripes and army, iron within bro
>>
>>92564024
Kit bash one yourself with plastic card, I did it for my tech priest aux
>>
>>92565391
See! Aren't you glad FW spent all that time making Knight heads!

Ahead of their time they were.
>>
>>92564006
Uhm women are precious and worth more than expendable men, any civilization that doesn't value and protect women are doomed. Sperm is cheap, eggs are not.
>>
>>92564983
If a SW fires a rotor in the woods does anyone hear the wet lepard growl?
>>
File: attatchment.9dIInO.jpg (788 KB, 2529x2658)
788 KB
788 KB JPG
>>92562721
It’s done and it truly surpassed my expectations. Who knew what a little height could do for those old monopose legs.
>>
>>92565703
Way ahead of you. I will be trying this next week, i took the plunge on a nu-mk3 box
>>
>>92565989
not bad.
>>
>>92562846
Cool looking model, started assembly of mine today. It’s a real mess to put together. Somehow fw decided that sharp corners were ok for this one specific kit. I have never seen it so bad with all the chipped edges. Thank allah for milliput, but it still rankles me. I would avoid the kit if i knew what i do now about how fussy it is.
>>
File: hwnsslqrjuz51.jpg (587 KB, 3000x2400)
587 KB
587 KB JPG
>>92566046
More interested in the lightning, myself.
>>
>>92566061
That is a much easier kit to deal with. I built one myself as well. I would also recommend you pin the all of the winglets for a sturdy join. it shouldn’t pose too much trouble other than that if you are used to resin vehicles.
>>
>>92565774
Plastic models have exactly zero eggs though.
>>
>>92566308
i think if someone showed up at a game with this and said "yeah it's my telemon" i wouldn't be able to stop myself from saying "based"
>>
File: slicklightning.jpg (1.75 MB, 6056x2366)
1.75 MB
1.75 MB JPG
>>92566061
I can't shake the image of it being a power boat with inverted wings.
>>
>>92565774
The smaller your population, the more true this is.

Outside of feral worlds, the Imperium has more people than it knows what to do with. It's not an issue.
>>
>>92563331
Perchturabo approves
>>
>>92566367
id smash it with a hammer
>>
>>92566420
you don't regularly carry around a hammer
>>
>>92566395
What they have is not people though. The number of people is always constant. You can take a society of migration era Vandals, and it will have the same number of people, as modern society. It takes a lot of special circumstances for it to be different. And most of the time it just means that two groups occupy something that counts as a single entity, when it actualy isn't. I have huge doubts if even a bilion population hive city has a higher number of people then 200k. China has close to 2 bil and it is around that. And it is actualy getting smaller the more one leader it becomes.

And transplanting people, in large numbers is always tricky, because the locals do get angry. An ambassador, or 1-2 rich families are okey. But when you get a whole group the back lash is always strong.
>>
>>92566456
I work as a contractor and electrician.
>>
>>92566515
Yeah but you always forget your hammer
>>
File: IMG_2822.jpg (4.23 MB, 4032x3024)
4.23 MB
4.23 MB JPG
>opponent deepstrikes a 9 man command squad + praetor next to my myrmidons
>intercept them with 36 phased-plasma shots with preferred enemy: characters
>kill 9 of then in one go
feels mechanicum man
>>
File: frank.png (26 KB, 323x428)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>92566565
Brutal
>>
File: 20240420_215516.jpg (1.07 MB, 1658x2469)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
>>92562588
Anons I'm tired...I'm so tired
I have 2 shelves of tsons, 1 shelf of knights, bottom one is fantasy
And not pictured is another 1500 points if aux specifically for when I used to run them with the knights.
>>
>>92565571
>What are y’all’s opinions on lascutters

don't listen to other anons, they're plenty good, just overcosted. you're probably better off taking a meltagun in most cases, but if you don't mind the extra points cost they'll do more or less the same job.
>>
>>92566061
do these have astartes pilots too? or are they just allied humans
>>
>>92566565
Magos closeup requested.
>>
File: 20240419_135600.jpg (2.83 MB, 4080x3060)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
>TQ
Solar Auxilia. Getting them in plastic feels like I don't really need to collect anything else anymore.
>>
>>92566565
>intercept them.
DESU, i think the intercept and return fire reactions are a bit to strong.
PERSONALLY, and again you can not agree with me here. I think heavy weapons should only be able to intercept with snapshots, and can only fire in return fire and over watch at full BS if they did not move otherwise its a snap shot.
But thats just me, i dont like how punishing it can be to DS now, its almost never worth the reward ever, unless your opponent rolls really really shitty.
>>
>>92566565
deep striking is so cucked in this game
>>
>>92566825
It really really is. Its always meant to be a high risk high reward, but its so bad in 2.0 its basically all risk no reward since you get intercepted when you drop in, return fire when you shoot at something, then overwatched when you charge.
Its why i like the reaction system, but its a bit to strong at the moment.
>>
Are heavy chainblades even worth bothering with? Thinking how I want to kit out a melee vet squad, but I don't want to default to power weapons for variety.
Charnabal or heavy chainblades? Help an anon decide.
>>
>>92566846
The shoting reactions are so strong, that running a melee army, or even an army with melee elements means, people don't want to shot at anything (if they have a unit about to charge) out of fear, that the charger will get deleted if they do. Makes stuff like pistols VERY bad.
>>
>>92566898
Charnabal by far. IIRC Heavy Chainblades are actually worse than Chainswords because you lose the extra attack.

They do look really cool though.
>>
>>92566978
It's why and I know this is a hot take, I think the old overwatch was better, maybe give it a buff to be bs2 over watch
>>
>>92566565
Love that terrain
>>
>>92566736
Myrmidons are relentless so they’d still fuck you up even with my love of tying shooting reactions to movement.
>>
>>92566502
>I have huge doubts if even a bilion population hive city has a higher number of people then 200k
wat
>>
>>92566988
Just limit shooting reactions to 1 per unit per turn (but special reactions that are shooting attacks are still allowed)
>>
>>92566565
I haven't played much in 2nd ed. Is deepstrike viable yet? I remember it looking pretty bad when 2.0 came out.
>>
>>92566565
Was that all he deepstriked? Just that single unit, right next to the Shootiest squad ever?
>>92567088
Phased Plasma 2 gud bro
>>
>>92566988
Just limit units to one full BS shooting (re)action per round, anything after the first is snap shots (that includes your turn’s shooting phase if you react at full BS). Shooting reactions stay powerful, and you can still spit out lots of shots with snapshots, but you no longer get free actions that are 100% equivalent of a normal phase.
>>
>>92562900
>yellow
>>
>>92567096
No, it’s still trash, though most of that is because shooting reactions are bullshit. If you do some house ruling to fix shooting reactions, it’s still not great - it suffers largely from the same issues that psychic powers do: GW decided they wanted a simpler system so they gutted it rather than devise a new system. You can only deep strike to one place (RIP drop pod armies) and everything has to deep strike all at once. Interceptor is now free full BS shooting against deep strikers (and anything coming in from reserve)
>>
>>92566981
Shame. Might throw one or two in just for cool factor.
>>
>>92567178
Throw them in and say they're still regular chainswords. Just different looking
>>
>>92567102
>Phased Plasma 2 gud bro
until it kills your own myrmidons due to rolling 1s and failing your 5++
>>
File: 1695996425536101.png (2.47 MB, 1174x1010)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
>Myrmidons
kroeger... get the siege tyrants...
>>
File: IMG_0197.jpg (536 KB, 1029x769)
536 KB
536 KB JPG
>>92567551
Reminder that gets hot doesn’t follow normal wound allocation so you actually have to keep track of which model is firing which shots. On the plus side, this means it’s very hard to actually lose any one model from any multi-wound unit with lots of gets hot. Four wounds each helps too.
>>
>>92567458
Something to consider. I had the idea to give a model 2 chainsword and claim it was a heavy. Takes up both hands, hits harder than one chainsword, clunker to use so no extra attack.
>>
>>92566565
My opponent use to do this and be smug about it. I responded by switching to a Justaerin Command squad with Thunderhammers. Sure, he’ll intercept 2-3 of them, but the remaining guys will break all his dumb toys. We did this a few times and agreed to deescalate the meta.
>>
>>92567584
T5 with four wounds really makes these fucks hard to kill.

I do sometimes wonder if anyone has ever run secutors with maxima bolters though. A three shot bolt pistol vs. ten points for a plasma fusil doesn’t really seem like a real choice.
>>
>>92567178
Do a whole squad and attach a melee moritat. Suddenly you have twenty guys with ID and shred.
>>
>>92567630
>T5 with four wounds really makes these fucks hard to kill.
tyrants kill like 4 of them every shooting phase np
>>
>>92566713
Those navy axes look much better than the veletaris huge axes.
>>
>>92566014
Good luck
>>
>>92567584
>my primarch, Kroeger has led the Siege Tyrants into the melee
>based
>>
>>92567675
20 shots
BS4
>13.33 hits
S8, wound on 2+
>11.11 wounds
AP3 vs. 3+/5++
>~7.4 wounds.
You kill one and most of one myrmidons (<100 points) with a full squad of tyrants (575 points).

In melee:
21 attacks WS4 vs.WS4
>10.5 hits
S8 vs. T5
>8.75 wounds
Brutal(2), 17.5 saves at 5++
>11.66 wounds, two and probably another dead

Myrmidons hit back:
31 attacks with hatred
>23.25 hits
S7 vs. T4
>~19.37 wounds
4++
>~9.69 wounds
Four and probably a fifth dead.

You don’t even want to know how bad getting shot back at goes for you.
>>
File: WD282.png (5.11 MB, 1411x2040)
5.11 MB
5.11 MB PNG
do any of yall know what the other revelations were supposed to be
>>
>>92567917
tyrants have a 48' range. myrms lose 3 guys and do nothing
>>
>>92567917
please stop doing probability this way, it's moronic

>BS4
>2+ To Wound
>3+ save

each operation here is .667*.8335*.333 for 0.185W/Shot

but when you start multiplying them you *cannot multiply the products* because you are doing p r o b a b i l i t y not stats

20 shots isn't 20x 0.185, it's 0.0000000000000022362144 because that is the actual p r o b a b i l i t y of those things all happening in the order you need them to happen to get the result you desire

there is no workaround for this, it is simply how entropy works, stacking your 0.185s to reverse the heat death of the universe isn't possible unless you have a rule - like Instant Death - which specifically permits you to do a non-probability thing with your probability and double the product (for a 2W model, or triple for a 3W etc)

you may *get* 20x 0.185 as your result under ideal conditions, but that is not the same thing as p r o b a b i l i t y, what you are doing is vigintupling the one ideal result like you're trying to Instant Death a 20W model

the classic statistician blunder
you specialists disgust me
>>
What’s a good basic loadout for an SA Infantry Tercio? I was thinking 5 man Line Command with a Master Vox, 3 x 10 man Rifle Sections with Vox Interlocks. No further options, just keep them cheap. Thoughts?
>>
>>92567861
Based. Fuck Fafnir Rann
>>
Man picking Oaths for my blackshields is a bitch. I definitely wanna do the xenos armory one, but I dunno what to pick for the second - sorta tempted by the No-Troops one so I don't have to mess around with troops, but the Nikea one would also be nifty. Aberrant would be cool for insant death Halo Blades but then the -1 BS sucks for the Xenos guns.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>92568001
>"An Auxilia Infantry Tercio may not include more than three units."

If you take the command section you only get 2 rifle sections. Unless you go Ultramar pattern that is.
>>
Don't wanna sound like a canonfag but how much Chaos visual shit would make sense to include in a mid-Heresy Sons of Horus army? I'm talking about Stars of Chaos and spikes.
>>
>>92568076
Ah, I see. So three rifle sections with interlocks then? And an HQ unit with a master vox?
>>
>>92568107
I don't think the chaos star was out and out used until post-heresy, with the possible exception of some WB?
Spikes you're gucci on - the Sons were massive spike-lovers before the heresy.
>>
>>92568162
Thanks m8
>>
File: DA heresy.jpg (71 KB, 960x720)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>92568107
>>
>>92568107
>Stars of Chaos
going by the books, like Galaxy in Flames, they began to be used in standards and vexillas and eventually by the marines involved with WB and the lodges.
>spikes
AFAIK, they started being used by SoH Reavers after Isstvan III and later spread to other units and officers the more "barbaric" the SoH became.
>>
>>92568261
Reminder:
>perfectly loyalist legions with no traitor-exclusive RoWs or WLTs
DA
SW
IF
>two-faced fifth columnist backstabber loyalists in name only with a traitor-exclusive RoW and/or WLT
WS
BA
IH
UM
SA
RG
>>
>>92568297
Don't act like the SW didn't do more to advance Horus' war effort than any other legion.
>>
>>92568315
So not only are SW the best loyalist legion, they're the best traitor legion as well?
>>
>>92568315
did more than faguinass did lmao
>>
File: 152.jpg (500 KB, 728x640)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>92568261
>Radio Free Isstvan
>>
>>92568261
FW webstore my beloved
>>
>>92568340
Even if the Blood Angels had done nothing at all for the loyalist cause, it would still be better than being actively detrimental, like the Space Wolves.
>>
>>92568340
Sanguinius didn't force one legion to go traitor and then mulch his own on a campaign fought in enemy territory rather than using them at the siege, where the defences would significantly bolster their relative value.
>>
File: 1676644383941473.jpg (78 KB, 700x467)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>92568572
>primarch unknowingly sells his soul to Tzeentch
>why u forcing me to turn traitor bro?
Le magic is science legion fans being illiterate is purest pottery.
>>
>>92568645
Magnus sold his soul to Tzeentch during the confrontation with Russ tho? Everything before that wasn’t great, but the only reason it turned out as bad as it did is Russ being a ‘tard.
>>
>>92568645
I'm not even a fan of the thousand sons, but if not for prospero, there's a good chance they would have been loyal or neutral for much of the heresy, if not likely forever.
>>
>>92562588
So I've modelled some of my Marines with female heads, but I just noticed that the rules often say
>For every five models in the unit, one model may exchange HIS...
Does this mean my female marines can't take special weapons?
>>
>>92568753
Anon he sold his soul much much earlier to stop the Flesh Change.

Magnus CANONICALLY was the first Chaos Primarch, he just didn't realise it because he was a tard.
>>
>>92568806
>Magnus CANONICALLY was the first Chaos Primarch, he just didn't realise it because he was a tard.
eh because of how the warp works horus technically is.
>>
>>92568297
Dangles and the wolves don't have a loyalist exclusive trait though, just neutral traits.

Only the IF are the most loyal of legions. Because they're too autistic to consider any other perspective.
>>
>>92568817
Yeah but the warp is the warp. In terms of the actual realspace timeline Magnus sold his soul way before the rest.
>>
>>92568770
wat
>>
>>92568837
I see first chaos primarch like whos the first pokemon. different answers for different specifications
>>
>>92568845
It's a troll, anon.
>>
>>92568770
Your female Marines don't exist canonically.

Now in the case of Femstodes, yeah, they're legally stuck at the default loadouts.
>>
>>92568912
>Your female Marines don't exist canonically.
So what? It's only a matter of time and there's no rules saying I can't model them like that.

I'm just pissed off that they didn't think to let female (or gender neutral/non-male gendered entirely) models take 90% of the options in the book.
>>
>>92568961
>>92568912
>>92568903
>>92568845
>I troll Nooshphere discussions about female Space Marines with intentionally poor arguments, thus enraging both sides.
>>
>>92569223
>Nooo, you can't actually have the right political opinion, you have to be trolling in my safe space.
Even gw is accepting that having multiple male only factions in the main game yet no female only factions is really toxic for new players.

It's only a matter of time until this game where 18/22 armies are entirely male (and once again there are no entirely female armies) gets the same treatment of being written by people who aren't basement dwelling nerds from the 80s.
>>
>>92569258
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm really okay with the prospect of beating off to my Custedes army.
>>
>>92569278
Female Custodes does make the war in the webway/any fighting of Slaaneshi much more interesting
>>
>>92569285
As if Slaaneshi forces wouldn't do the same to male Custodes.
>>
>>92569309
Yeah but it's hotter for Femstodes
>>
>>92569309
When men turn against the Imperium, they do it out of selfish reasons. When women do it, it's from the love for humanity and to oppose the heteronormative patriarchy of the Emperor.
>>
>>92569309
Equal opportunity ass fucking
>>
>>92569354
>ywn see a Slaaneshi daemon fuck a female Shield-Captain through her auric armor and make her lose her anal virginity before her regular one
>>
>>92569365
>her regular one
femstodes aren't for cis women, chud. The Slaaneshi daemon will be surprised
>>
File: khorne-s-berserkers.jpg (51 KB, 800x800)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
If I add this energy dot beam thing on a chainaxe, can I use it as a power axe?
Or am I retarded?
>>
>>92569393
I got the idea from these
>>
File: 20240422_000542.jpg (5.27 MB, 6346x4760)
5.27 MB
5.27 MB JPG
Greenstuff on my penois
Resin dust in my lungs
Unbothered
Achilles supremacy is eternal.
>>
>>92569393
>Or am I retarded?
You're using something with 40k era gloves instead of power armor gauntlets like they had in 30k.
>>
>>92569414
I think the gloves are comfy, but answer the question about the axe please.
I may only use the axe bit and swap the hand.
>>
File: of6SP3tRIN6XwSgS.jpg (189 KB, 1000x811)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>92569414
The glove is over the gauntlet.
>>
>>92569422
It's still obviously a 40k chainaxe that wasn't in use during the Heresy era.
>>
File: Chain_Axe_E_1024x1024.jpg (35 KB, 800x800)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>92569393
Just use kraken teeth and you don't need anything.
>>
>>92569438
And Legionaries didn't wear gloves either way, that's a long war era thing.

They're your models, but you might as well just take Primaris as Tacs at that point
>>
>>92569448
>>
>>92569408
God I want one of these so bad
Can’t figure out what to run in it though
>>
>>92569447
>It's kraken teeth I ain't gotta explain shit
Nice
>>
>>92569455
And which black book is that from anon?
>>
>>92569448
Your bait is poor. But have a (you).
>>
>>92569440
Axe is an axe, you are just playing the fool now.
>>
>>92569414
Agreed, this glove-tech simply wasn’t feasible in the Heresy era
>>
>>92569455
Nice fan art!
>>
>>92569481
And power armor is power armor. So go run those Mk X Tactical Legionaries then
>>
>>92569393
chain axes are hard to get and you want them to turn them into power axes? Come on. Get them from bits sites or 3rd party ones
>>92569402
In universe those are "power chainaxes", but they're only for terminators AFAIK. in the game they're just chainaxes
>>
>>92569500
Uhh, anon, these are the official Cataphractii poweraxes
>>
>>92569487
might as well primaris does just look the best
>>
>>92569500
I have loads spare.
Those power chainaxes are official, so I don't see the problem.
>>
>>92569527
IDK anon, I personally think Centurions were peak Marine kino
>>
>>92569518
>>92569529
They're described as chainaxes in all illustrations IIRC, other than the stupid description of the SKU
>>
File: UltramarinesBolter.jpg (27 KB, 600x300)
27 KB
27 KB JPG
On the note of the chainaxe thing, is there any official model for the legion-specific bolters that Tactical Squads get?

The models on the webstore only have generic bolters, so I'm not sure if there's an upgrade pack or something to make them legal loadouts? Like how Ultramarine Tacticals should have pic related
>>
>>92569552
Meanwhile, tartatos poweraxes look like this. I'd say it's better to use these for Cata too
>>
>>92569554
There's only a few distinct Banestrike Bolters for the SoH in their resin upgrade kit
>>
>>92569552
Interesting, but still fine with lore. Time to chainaxemaxx
>>
>>92569572
So what the fuck do I give my Tactical Squads to make them game legal?
>>
>>92569572
Aren't banestrikes meant to be the ammo and not the actual boltgun?
>>
>>92569580
what do you mean? just use the bolguns in the HH tactical kits
>>
>>92569588
Yeah, but for some reason (money), FW has decided to make them visually distinct now with those vertical brass bars in the sides of the barrel
>>
>>92569588
yes it's just ammo.
>>
>>92569591
But they're not the legal loadout for the Legion in question?
>>
>>92569607
WTF are you talking about? Normal HH boltguns are fine for all legions
>>
>>92569591
He's baiting, ignore him.
>>
>>92569607
Explain yourself schizo
>>
File: Image.jpg (150 KB, 1075x400)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>92569607
>>
>>92569622
>>92569630
>>92569632
But they're not Ultramarines boltguns, I don't see how using non-Ultramarines boltguns is any different to if someone put Lasguns on his Tacticals?

It's wysiwyg, so they have to be Ultramarines tactical squads. Can I just be shown where the upgrade kit is?
>>
>>92569603
It's probably based on a flimsy WYSIWYG excuse, but we already know FW comes out with random shit to push their models anyway.
>>
>>92569552
They’re poweraxes in the rules tho???
>>
>>92569655
Just paint them legion specific
>>
Once again the thread is getting shit up by schizo retards having a melty
>>
>>92569691
>Just paint them legion specific
But that's not the legal wysiwyg. I can't just put down some Tacticals with different paint from my others and say 'these are Despoilers'.

It's the same thing
>>
File: stop.png (880 KB, 768x1024)
880 KB
880 KB PNG
>>92569655
you had a good run, but it's obvious now. Time to stop
>>
>>92569709
I know you're joking, but please don't give GW any ideas
>>
>>92569711
>>92569728
Look I'm not joking. I just don't see how using the wrong boltguns is different from if I put down a card in MtG and said 'this is [insert different card], I'm proxying'?
>>
>>92569736
Legitimate question, do you have autism? "Legion specific bolter sprues" don't exist in the same way "legion specific heavy weapon sprues" don't exist because it's an absolutely fucking retarded idea from a production standpoint
>>
>>92569762
So we just have to convert them then?

I guess it makes sense if it's harder to make the models than print cards, but it's really bizarre to make the separate Legions a thing if we can't buy them?
>>
>>92569797
>but it's really bizarre to make the separate Legions a thing if we can't buy them
I think you just answered >>92569762
>>
>>92569258
Using 'toxic' on 4chan. Nice bait but nobody is this modern and braindead.
>>
>>92569819
>nobody is this modern and braindead
Anon you haven't seen the Custodes news have you?
>>
>>92566700
You can get legion lightnings, and in the siege of cthonia book the Raven Guard are using them, so I figure the space marines are flying them.
>>
>>92569797
It's called role playing. The 18 legions provide more opportunities to walk a different path mentally and interact with ideas and viewpoints that are outside what you naturally tread. The idea you're pushing of "You have one army that you can play and you are unable to have anything other than that one specific army ever" is inherently limiting and absolutely not in line with how human cultures develop
>>
>>92569846
So why not make them official models?
>>
File: d62a5_10642201.png (104 KB, 1200x675)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>>92569861
So you can paint the miniatures how you want rather than what the company dictates. I am in awe of how much you're intentionally dragging this out
>>
File: 1709011259216217.jpg (51 KB, 600x600)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>92569655
>>92569709
>>92569736
>>92569797
>>
>>92569875
>So you can paint the miniatures how you want rather than what the company dictates.
Is this actually a rule?

So I can model my Tacticals with those Custodes boltguns that are just better? That's actually really useful.
>>
>>92569881
I'm no longer going to engage with you, as I feel myself developing the same holes in grey matter that you have
>>
>>92569903
So you've just been baiting this entire time.

Seriously go fuck yourself then.
>>
>>92569881
>Custodes
finally the mask slips.
This is just a elaborate retarded larp to make fans here look stupid for being against femstodes but not against kitbashes that go against the fluff.
But you're wrong. Anons like me hate you equally in both cases.
>>
>>92569926
...what? I meant the Lastrum or whatever they are bolters are just better ones?

So if I could actually put those on tacticals and then it's wysiwyg it'd make my deck the best?
>>
>>92569926
>Merely mentioning Custodes now sets the chuds off
>>
File: die.jpg (213 KB, 535x464)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>92569973
>>
File: SoS units HH.png (310 KB, 566x593)
310 KB
310 KB PNG
>>92569983
Don't call anons chuds about femstodes when you are the ones that don't give a shit about women in this setting and don't demand what they need, or more focus on their factions and characters.
>>
>>92570013
>The only female characters should be banned from speaking and outright invisible
Stay classy
>>
how are you people this bad at recognizing bait
>>
File: 0983543544354.png (382 KB, 960x540)
382 KB
382 KB PNG
STOP FEEDING THE TROLL YOU STUPID FAGGOTS!
>>
>>92569989
Just ignore him, if he's not intentionally posting bait, he's either blowoff from custodians drama or only got into the setting in the last two or so years because 40k in general is getting more popular
>>
>>92565703
They look a lot better with the old helmets and pads, yes. Doesn't change the 5 copy pasted poses or the retarded looking bolters tho
>>
File: 1711955707423983.jpg (62 KB, 557x543)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
having now gone through a majority of the HH literature i've come to the conclusion that calling it capeshit is more than a little heavy handed and that the primarchs as such more resemble diffracted facets of a tarot deck (how appropriate!) than superheroes
this said, a lot of the writing fails to stand out too too hard and outright excellence amongst it is a minority
>>
File: Dagna Aysten.jpg (387 KB, 800x450)
387 KB
387 KB JPG
>>92570017
SoS arent banned from speaking. They swear and oath not to it aloud, because they know too much. Their "invisibility" is also their power and what makes them a sorority.
They also talk a lot in Thoughmark, but you don't know it because you have a distorted idea of the Talons of the Emperor, believing that Custodes are big golden heroes like MCU characters or some such nonsense from WarCom marketing.

And there's plenty of other female characters in 30k
>>
>>92570069
it was never capeshit until TEATDv3. The end fight between the Emperor and Horus degenerates in 100% superhero comic books shit.
It's basically Superman vs Lex Luthor+Doomsday and I'm not exaggerating. You can really tell Abnett has worked for Marvel/Dc
>>
>>92570099
i unironically adore the fucking yugioh duel. it was superbly done.
the rest of it gets a pass due to the magnitudes of forces in play. it had the right to be zany.
>>
>>92570111
>the fucking yugioh duel
It's a rip off from The Last Call by Tim Powers, but I agree that it was good.
i was talking about the silly shit with Big E shooting beams from his eyes while Horus does the same from his chest eye
>>
>>92569440
Stop being facetious
>>
>>92570070
She looks like a cool lady and I hope we get a model. Chances are it's just going to be another IF praetor tho.
>>
>>92566700
iirc they exclusively have servitors for pilots.
>>
File: DSC_5664.jpg (4.58 MB, 4032x3024)
4.58 MB
4.58 MB JPG
>>92570221
She's just a SA commander with a head swap. A legit case of doing it, mind you.
>>
>>92570070
Who tf is this? Imagine being longhoused like that by a female commander lmao
>>
File: dagna-aysten-1.jpg (396 KB, 750x544)
396 KB
396 KB JPG
>>92570258
she's from the gatcha HH videogame. A traitor Cthonian Headhunters commander
>>
>>92570280
Well she isn't a custodes so it doesn't count :^)
>>
File: horusflow.png (1.34 MB, 1015x665)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>I'm fucked up in the lodge with the Mournival smoking that Primarch pack. Lit up like a meltagun, navigators fucking up the whole fleet thinking I'm the astronomican. This shit ain't nothin' to me, man.
>>
>custodes astroturfer is a mtg player
Lmao, I am not surprised.
>>
>>92567972
Once again, we’re looking at the average (the mean, the peak on a normal distribution, just in case the word average is too hard for you to understand). No, you will not do exactly 11.66 wounds per turn (it’s impossible to roll 11.66 on dice), but if you were to roll this scenario a number of times that approaches infinity, you would find that the mean of those rolls approaches 11.66 repeating. You’re arguing about issues that don’t exist in the post you’re replying to, we’re not trying to figure out the chances of doing a specific number of wounds. You’re either misinterpreting things, or you’re just trying to sound smart by using words like “stats” and “entropy” on an anonymous message board, and for anyone with two thirds of a brain on here you’re just looking like an idiotic contrarian student. I fucking hate economists.
>>
>>92568107
The spikes largely came with the transition to SoH from Luna Wolves as more Cthonian and warrior lodge influence took hold. The open bearing of the eight pointed star doesn’t really have a specific date or event associated with it, but I’d go for it being rare post Istvaan V, and uncommon by the start of the siege.
>>
>>92570362
>That bitch pussy already claimed one of my brothers, call it the Rangdan Xenocides.
>>
>>92570413
>The open bearing of the eight pointed star doesn’t really have a specific date or event associated with it
Loken discovers those hidden in the Lodge directly before Issvan III, even if he doesn't understand their meaning
>>
File: gloves.jpg (818 KB, 2733x1876)
818 KB
818 KB JPG
>>92569414
>>92569438
>>92569448
>>92569482
gloves simply can't be done
>>
>>92570450
Mal has vambraces
nothing can beat people skin gloves though
>>
>>92569695
Like 90% of the past 20 odd threads have just been ten year olds trying to troll. This is what we get for not gatekeeping well enough.
>>
File: chudgar.jpg (296 KB, 1919x2243)
296 KB
296 KB JPG
The loyalists grow too insufferable with their Femstodes. It's time Iron Warriors and Word Bearers formed the Chud Alliance and end this menace once and for all.
>>
>>92570069
Picrelated is all I’ve ever wanted in a wife.
>>
>>92570362
>Call me the Night Haunter cause I'm wearing civilians like cock rings.
>Bomb a platoon of imperial runts just to smile a little bit then disappear into the warp, I'm a fucking phantom of the opera, man.
>Virus bombing the terran taint sniffers, they will NOT find the evidence.
>I thought that bitch had butcher's nails cause she was biting my dick so hard but she's just too used to eating human meat from serving in the 4th legion auxiliaries.
>They call my asshole the Eye of Terror, and rightfully so because that's where all the good shit comes from.
>>
>>92570438
I’m talking about wearing it openly in battle, I doubt the marines stupid enough to meet up with other legions and be all “yea, I’m a traitor, it’s cool bro hours told me so.” lasted very long before Istvaan III
>>
>>92570362
>Inductii thought he could handle hitting the rock, his ass was talking to the Dark Gods in three puffs.
>>
File: 1703717909699234.gif (626 KB, 800x800)
626 KB
626 KB GIF
>WS7, I6
(You) cannot defeat him
>>
>>92570559
yes, but they did it openly for Isstvan 5 and afterwards. I recall descriptions of the standards.
>>
>>92570566
Reminder that fireblade is the statistically better weapon for challenges.
>>
File: 20240420_161834.jpg (1.5 MB, 4000x3000)
1.5 MB
1.5 MB JPG
>>92567102
yeah I told to either take more in a DS or run them up the table behind cover
>>
>>92570575
Yes, that’s why I said it would be rare post Istvaan V. The lodge members and those more “in the know” would likely be wearing it, but your average guy wouldn’t.
>>
File: FASTER.gif (325 KB, 800x800)
325 KB
325 KB GIF
>>92570566
FASTER
>>
>>92570488
K(You)S
>>
File: 1675629253720371.png (339 KB, 716x586)
339 KB
339 KB PNG
>>92570611
n-nani!?
>>
>>92570486
They'll get bored eventually and move on to something else. Earlier if people just ignore them.
>>
>>92570609
Only time I've beaten the local mechanicuck WAACfag's mymidons was by running a unit of deathwing companions across the board, stop the myrmidons from using overwatch with a librarian, allowing the companions to cut them up with terranic greatswords.
>>
>>92570450
Resin models are not canon.
>>
>>92570609
You mean rare PRE Istvaan V, right? otherwise it doesn't make sense
>>
>>92570727
No, I mean exactly what I said: rare post Istvaan V, as in, it was there, but far from the most common heraldry displayed. Tartan kilts in the Canadian forces dress uniform are rare: they’re absolutely there, but there’s only a few units that wear them.
>>
>>92570508
Which legion would Shimeji's big sis collect?
>>
>>92570686
what did he mean by this
>>
>>92570825
Hardmode: not WB or TS
>>
>>92570590
>Decimator spotted
Kino and soulful, keep at it Dark Mechanon.
>>
>>92567551
>When compared to the current Plasma Guns such as those carried by the Adeptus Astartes, the Phased Plasma-fusil featured a longer range and was less likely to overheat and cause injury to its user, albeit at the cost of a slightly reduced overall damage output.
They shouldn't even Get Hot desu
S6 AP3 no breaching no gets hot. Then they don't kill everything (including themselves), though they still get to mulch marines
>>
>>92570450
Lucius has weird armor.
>>
>>92570825
>>92570835
AL?
>>
>>92570800
then you're incorrect, at least going by the BL books with the SoH.
It was not the same along all the legion, but a lot of the top brass and elite units became involved with it.
Remember all their WB "advisors"
>>
>>92570825
I don’t actually know the character, the whole look just fits. Tfw no obsessive depressed science wife.
>>
>>92570142
thank you for the underhanded book rec btw, this is cute thus far <3
>>
File: IMG_5720.jpg (86 KB, 719x699)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>92570963
So, just to be clear, you’re saying that the majority of the SoH commanders post Istvaan V wore the eight pointed star? That is to say, all the art and models we have are the minority in terms of heraldry displayed?
>>
>>92570246
This kit is discontinued, tho? Really hoping they'll essentially remake this in plastic.
>>
>>92571016
I'd need to check the books, but I'm pretty sure that at least they used chaos icons in their banners once began paying respect to their new gods openly at I5.
That story with Knights Errant infiltrating the Vengeful Spirit and Wolfsbane also mentions it.
>>
>>92571031
Chang has resin if you have coin
>>
>>92570280
>A traitor Cthonian Headhunters commander
A loyalist to the Warmaster Horus, actually.
>>
File: Spoiler Image (339 KB, 1920x1080)
339 KB
339 KB JPG
>>92570934
Why?
>>
>>92570611
F A S T E R
>>
>>92570450
lol the helmet on the left raptor has a broken wing
>>
>>92571051
>>92571016
Yes didn't Loken find an eight pointed star hidden lodge in A Galaxy in Flames? Or was that one of the humans?
>>
>>92571093
It got shot off and he hasn't fixed it yet.
>>
>>92571098
It was Loken IIRC
>>
>>92570566
. . .
>>
>>92571128
>isn’t spinning
Inferior swordsmanship, instantly defeated
>>
>1 year ago have literally nobody to play heresy with
>now there’s 10 people playing heresy every week
It’s like a dream come true.
>>
>>92570566
It's true.
>He had no illusions as to the outcome of this fight: Lucius was the pre-eminent blade master of the Legion, perhaps all the Legions. He knew he could not defeat Lucius [...]
Even after betrayal Tarvitz acknowledges Lucius's superior skill and awesomeness. He's just too good.
>>
those service studs bolted to marines' skulls are a thing in 30k, right? I was considering putting them on some SoH gilded skull trophies to show they're the heads of marine veterans of the great crusade, and not just random humans they murked
>>
File: spin to win.gif (1.7 MB, 1198x1237)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB GIF
>>92571157
>>
>>92571239
I think only certain Legions did it but essentially yes.
>>
File: 1703932719184533.png (218 KB, 947x719)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
>>92571256
>SoS advancing on you through a hallway and corkscrewing around every panel like fucking ninja
horrifying
>>
>>92571316
It's like the corridor fight from Inception, but only she is rolling around the walls and ceiling.
>>
>>92570246
What's a good head for the swap tho? No weird AoS troon models.
>>
>>92571256
OH SHIT
>>
>>92571256
WYRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>92571256
IT IS TREASON THEN
>>
>>92571051
>>92571098
Are you people fucking ESL or am
I being trolled? Rare means that it existed, I’m not disputing that it existed and was around, I’m saying that the information we have suggests that it wasn’t widely displayed on the average legionary, or even the average commander. Heralds, diabolits, psykers, chaplains and that kind of thing probably displayed it, but your average company commander wouldn’t.
>>
>>92571256
It this the power of Ex Oblivio?!
>>
>>92571523
Maybe not the average legionary but it took root first at the commanders, same with EC.
The SoH have warrior lodges which was used to taint the legion, the lodges idea was from Word Bearers. Erebus was also pretty involved in the early books as a side character, and he was full of chaos-aids.
>>
>>92571256
If she takes her top off, will she die?
>>
>>92571920
Half the point of warrior lodges is that they were things that the warriors did in private. Something existing in lodges was not necessarily reflected on the battlefield.
>>
>>92571933
it would be terribly musky
for (You)
>>
>>92571949
Lodges were originally meant to forge friendship and brotherhood across ranks, before the chaos-aids infected them.
>>
>>92571983
And the reason the chaos-aids weren't noticed is because it was done sneakily.
>>
File: 1712273452249883 (1).jpg (32 KB, 498x368)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
there is literally nothing wrong about chaos
everything is perfect and can be no other way
>>
>>92572092
I wish chaos wasn't FUCK UGLY. The promise of the neverborn was to complement. Two worlds united, covering each other's falings, bolstering each other's strenghts, becoming more than the sum of its parts.
But it was a scam. Cattle for monsters.
>>
>>92572212
anon, thats the entire fucking point.
>>
>>92572212
it can only ever further refract and let flourish that which already resides inside a given occupied vessel
a being already or inherently perfected will only ever grow more beautiful
>>
>>92571256
MY GOD, IS THAT A CULEXUS/EVERSOR HYBRID?
>>
>>92571016
Isn't the whole point of the trues sons them getting tired of the legion at large going too deep in chaos worship?
>>
File: Hounds of Wrath.png (137 KB, 1174x686)
137 KB
137 KB PNG
>>92572212
>The promise of the neverborn
>>
>>92572212
You're so close to understanding anon
>>
>>92572232
>>92572497
I mean I wish it wasn't a lie. It's like communism, in theory everyone has their needs covered. But as soon as you turn around everyone's starving or in forced labour camps.
>>92572235
>>92572518
Do we know of anyone who is actually beautiful on the inside, though? I doubt any space marine can ever achieve that. Kidnapped children, hollow men, living weapons who become monsters to fight monsters.
They never had any chance and, through them and by them, everyone else lost theirs.
>>
Getting pretty close to calling this guy done. Yes, I will strip the legs before priming him.
>>
>>92572914
>Do we know of anyone who is actually beautiful on the inside, though?
Not marines, Even those that sacrifice for others would be monsters by our standards
>>
All power weapons should postrate before power spears. S3 shred lmao
>>
>>92573041
paired power machetes > everything else
>>
>>92573053
Rending 4 is just wrong bro
>>
>>92573070
>t. errant battle brother that just had a limb pincered off with falax blades
>>
>>92573041
Why not just take another thunderhammer if you’re gonna WAACfag?
>>
>>92572923
looking handsome, and ready to whip some mortals, anon. whose pants is that he's wearing? a word bearer? blood angel?
>>
>>92573606
It’s an old Magenta coloured EC tester. He had the one pair of MK IV legs that worked with the pose and had the bonding studs I wanted, so it’s time for him to rejoin the bitsbox for now
>>
>>92573316
>Why not just take another thunderhammer
Brutal is good against targets with an invuln, but the Overseer hangs out with humans. I'm not sure you should have mortals charge terminators lmao
>>
>>92568315
Magnus was a cunt anyway though
>>
>>92574277
Cunt? no.
Arrogant? Yes.

Cant really say he is a cunt when he tried to stop his brother from falling to chaos, used psyker powers to elevate his home planent into a paradise, tried to phone his dad about horus, and even willingly let russ invade because he knew that one legions loss was less then having both the legions kill each other.

Again, a cunt? No, an arrogant know it all that did not actually know it all? Yes.
Magnus is quite literally the "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" character.
>>
>>92574320
Everything you wrote is true.

Though I feel like Magnus really fucked everything in such a spectacular way. He has a lot of ways out of the problems he creates, but he basically made them worse over and over.

I actually totally dig TS, but even though he had good intentions his dumbassery really fucks up everything for himself, his legion, and the Imperium.

Russ just gets to be the first one manipulated.
>>
>>92574370
>Though I feel like Magnus really fucked everything in such a spectacular way
Yeah thats the entire point of his character, the road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Everything he did he through he was doing good and the right thing because his goal was to help, but he just fucked everything up in the porcess. DESU he is proabbly the only chaos primarch i kinda feel bad for because he just kinda got fucked.

What even funnier is that the theme of "The sins of the father" is part of the TS story as well, with Ahriman fucking things up constantly too while trying to be good.
>>
>>92574320
ksons were the most useless retard legion and had fallen to chaos before the heresy even began
>>
>>92572945
>Even those that sacrifice for others would be monsters by our standards
Well to be fair, when our standards are
>Anybody who said a bad word even once is a monster
it's really easy to be a bad guy.
>>
>>92574451
Most retarded? yes, fallen to chaos? no, worked closly with it thinking it was something it was not? yes.

Again, their entire point once more is the road to hell.
Tsons through they were doing good, by studying the great ocean as they called it, and finding the secrets of it, in order to further the IoM. The problem with them, is they spent more time fucking doing that then actually fighting.

Which here is a hot take, and i know its gonna ruffle feathers, Marine for marine, tsons were probably the strongest legion, because being able to have an army of fucking wizards is kinda broken, the major issue with them is that they never fucking did anything meaningful, they just sat around wasting their potential.
>>
>>92574370
The only right choice Magnus could have made is let all the Thousand Sons die, and start a new legion. Maybe the biggest weakness of the Thousand Sons is being unable to let those they care about go.

I wonder how many of us could make that choice, right after being re-united with genetic offspring.
>>
>>92574573
Again, another perfect example of how they are the embodiment of the road to hell.

Like out of all the legions i feel bad the most for Tsons becuase they were activly trying to do good things all the way up until the end until magnus fucked up again with making that final deal with tzeentzch which basically doomed him and his legion.
>>
>>92574573
Going to tell Emps about Horus' fall in person would also potentially have worked, but this is part of the tragedy that the Heresy might have been avoided but wasn't.
>>
>>92574370
>Russ just gets to be the first one manipulated.
Nah that would be erabus, he was the first to be manipulated by chaos, who then manipulated Logar, then horus, ect ect.

Russ did not get manipulated, he just kinda got tricked, but Russ being the literal fucking idiot he is, he fell for it.

Like russ is cool and all, and powerful, but his biggest fault is that he is only half a step smarter then angron, angron at least has an excuse for being a retard its a hobby for him, Russ is just a professional retard.

Out of all the primarch we know i would have to say the only ones that were not full blown retard during the HH, was Row boat, Lion, Corax i suppose, and i guess vulkan. Every other one, loyalist or not was retarded as fuck. Oh i suppose that dornn was ok as well, just autistic.
>>92574602
>Going to tell Emps about Horus' fall in person would also potentially have worked
No that plot point specifically was addressed, he never would have been able to make it, because of the warp storms going on at the time, travel through the imatirium was not stable and it would have been way to late, same with warp communication. To turbulent.
>>
>>92574433
>the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
There is good intentions, and there is fucking up so hard you even forget what that guy's intentions were
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K8s9cNqZO4
>>
>>92574836
>There is good intentions, and there is fucking up so hard you even forget what that guy's intentions were
yeah and thats what happned he thought he was doing good and he fucked up.
Thats LITERALLY the the road paved with good intentions anon.
>>
>>92574870
A road that leads to hell that is paved with good intentions at least leaves behind useable infrastructure (a paved road).
Magnus' blunder left a hellbound road full of potholes, destroyed more useful, existing infrastructure, and drained Imperial funds.
>>
>>92574922
>leaves behind useable infrastructure (a paved road)
Yeah to hell, litearlly what magnus did. im not sure what you are trying to argue here.

Magnus did everything he thought was good, and would help, but it just fucked everything up, thats quite literally the entire point of the road to hell metaphor
>>
>>92574620
Lion was autistic enough that half his legion turned -after- the Heresy.
>>
>>92574922
Even in 40k space marine chapters still use Librarians. Which were an initiative by Magnus.
>>
File: 1601171426447.png (169 KB, 462x266)
169 KB
169 KB PNG
Ignore poorly written imperial propaganda, Russ yearned to kill his brother.
>>
has battlescroob data been updated yet
>>
>>92575192
No, nothing since March 28th
>>
>>92574620
Erebus was never manipulated. Lorgrar and Kor were.
>>
File: that damned smile.jpg (121 KB, 723x599)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>>92575283
Erebus is the main character in the grim darkness of the far future
>>
File: 20240422_014412.jpg (677 KB, 2373x2315)
677 KB
677 KB JPG
>>92572923
How do you do, my fellow whippy boy?
>>
>>92575340
>>92572923
With the sting of the whip on my shoulder
With the salt of my sweat on my brow
Emperor, Lord of Man, can you hear your people cry?
Help us now
This dark hour

Deliver us
Hear our call, deliver us
Lord of all, remember us
Here in this burning sand

Deliver us
Plots of land You promised us
Deliver us (always rounding down)
>>
File: IMG_3739.jpg (654 KB, 1719x1962)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
>>92575340
Fellow whip friend

It’s a mask btw not his face
>>
>>92575453
That doesn't imply he does have a normal face under it desu
>>
File: IMG_3711.jpg (225 KB, 879x520)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>92575544
It’s the EC, almost none of them have normal faces
>>
>>92575340
Sauce on the legs anon?
>>
>>92575688
I have my guesses but i would like to confirm as well
>>
>>92575688
Alpha Legion Saboteur with all the scales filed off
>>
>>92564563
>I don't
You apparently have internet access, so why not? Do you live in a warzone or thirdie shithole with no postal service? Because otherwise you *can* find a print service that will ship to you.
>>
>>92566736
>player does incredibly stupid thing with entirely predictable negative outcome
>zomg totes broken mechanic devs nerf plz

If a grown-ass adult sticks a fork in an electrical socket, the problem is the adult not the socket. Reactions are fine for everyone who has the four functioning braincells necessary to move on from playing the game as if it doesn't have Reactions in it, and Deepstrikes are fine for everyone who's grasp of tactics extends beyond "I dump my deathstar right in front of your deathstar and start blastin'". Seriously dude, chuck in a few whinges about not being able to spam AP2 pieplates anymore and you'll have the Brainlet Trifecta.
>>
Big brass heat sinks all in my face
>>
>>92575851
Ok thats cool and all, but the problem is its so cheap to get it, its a 10 point upgrade for most unit to be able to absoultly cuck the shit out of deep strike which is something so few units can actually do.

Thats the problem i have with it. Its really power, and really cheap to get it, to counter a thing that very few can actually do.

Reactions as well. They just need a slight nerf, not a massive one but a slight one.
>>
>>92575888
>>92575888
>>92575888
>>
>>92569258
>no female only factions
Come on now.
>>
>>92575892
Don’t take bait this obvious, anon.
>>
>>92572914
>real issue is like fiction
Insert basedjak

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.