[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/toy/ - Toys

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMGP2529e.jpg (202 KB, 1600x1068)
202 KB
202 KB JPG
Inaugural Edition

Thread for miscellaneous "dolls" who don't fit in other generals scattered around the boards: artdolls, amigurumi, needlefelt, and so on. If you aren't sure that your doll fits here, feel free to post anyway and we'll figure it out together.

Other Doll Threads:
Fashion Doll General: >>10972569
BJD General: >>>/jp/46712840
>>
>>10979380
You ain't gonna get any ongoing hits sis, if you want to talk about it just do so in one of the linked threads.
>>
>>10980261
That's fine. I made this thread on request of another anon, to see if there would be any takers. It's always worth a shot!
>>
File: IMG_1753.jpg (569 KB, 1182x842)
569 KB
569 KB JPG
>>10979380
I would love to see what art dolls you have in your collection OP. I've seen so much variety in them, there's a lot of very interesting ones.

The only one I have myself is this deer creature by giftofmercury. I like to keep him posed like this, sitting like a goober.
>>
>>10979380
What is this?
>>
File: IMGP1109e.jpg (254 KB, 1600x1090)
254 KB
254 KB JPG
>>10981584
I have always wanted to adopt something from Gift of Mercury! He's very silly and cute, have you named him? How do they pose?

And sure, I can do that. I'll see what other photos I have laying around. Picrel is Fingers, who is probably my favorite weird little guy. He is made by _n0yra_ (Errana's World) on instagram, and I am very happy I could adopt him. He's always fun to photograph and he's held up wonderfully through the years of rather extensive posing and re-posing. Errana's work is top-notch and worth the price it commands. I would like to send him home one day for some touch-ups if the opportunity ever arises, but right now the world situation makes that infeasible.

>>10985711
This is an artdoll, which is a sort of hand-made, articulated soft-sculpture. They tend to have some of armature inside of them, usually wire or lockline (teddy bear) spine to give them a range of movement, and beyond that they can be made of just about anything. Needlefelt dolls which don't move can also be considered artdolls, as can other fibercraft creations... it's a very vague and undefined sort of genre. Mixed-media creations of wire armature wrapped in cotton batting or upholstery foam, with clay sculpture details in the face, limbs and other body parts, covered variously in other textiles or faux fur, is probably the most common composition, I would say? But there are no real hard standards here. This one, specifically, is a winged snake named "The Cobra Queen" by the artist, Creatures of Whimsy. I named her Iris, and in my opinion she photographs very well! The build quality isn't the best, but I knew that would be the case going in due to the materials being what they are, so I'm okay with that. I'm really glad I was able to adopt her.

(TL;DR it's a handmade poseable stuffed animal.)
>>
>>10985746
spoopy
>>
File: IMG_1766.jpg (1.21 MB, 2300x825)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB JPG
>>10985746
Oh Fingers is fantastic! I love him! He is owning that branch. I have always admired the creepy and creepy-cute side of art dolls, maybe next time I have some spare cash I should go hunting for a new friend.

My deer fellow doesn't have a name, I'm not very good at naming things (I named the spider in my bathroom Bullshit). I don't have anything to compare it to obviously but I think his posing ability is pretty decent? He has one of those plastic internal armatures that creak a little when you move it, not in a worrying way just because of the friction in the joints. As you can see he can stand on all fours, splay out like a squashed bug, put his hooves up to his face as if gasping dramatically... not sure what more I would need to ask of him really!
>>
File: IMG_1769.jpg (3.88 MB, 2493x2223)
3.88 MB
3.88 MB JPG
>>10985746
Oh, and if we're counting needle felted dolls I can also contribute these adorable birds in bonnets by pinocosmile! They're so kitschy, I couldn't resist them.
>>
File: IMG_4329 3.jpg (2.5 MB, 1634x1045)
2.5 MB
2.5 MB JPG
>>10988183
Those are so cute anon, thank you so much for sharing! I don't have any needlefelt creatures, but I'd like to change that one day!

>>10988182
What are you talking about that's a great name for a bathroom spider, I laughed. I'm surprised they use lockline spines for articulation, I was thinking it would be wire armature... that's very interesting. He's a very cooperative little fellow!

It occurs to me that, technically speaking, long furbies are a type of artdoll. Thus, here is my boy Milkshake!
>>
File: 81rZ49Uzz5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (184 KB, 1500x1467)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
Thoughts on zombaes forever?
>>
File: 71PZ8q909cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (113 KB, 1390x1500)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>10994898
They have brains
>>
>>10994898
They're kinda cute, if limited in articulation for my tastes. Wrong thread though friend, try over here:
>>10972569

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.