[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vst/ - Video Games/Strategy

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1714047588683191.jpg (3.99 MB, 3399x2671)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB JPG
Song of Syx thread since last one archived.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1162750

It's a low fantasy city builder in the vein of Caeser or Pharaoh series. Oh and for whatever reason, the creator decided to over reach and bolt on a total war component so you can micro like an RTS while taking over the world. City builder is pretty much done and the latter has the foundations in but still unbalanced.

Demo is free-forever and is only a few versions behind the latest stable, good to try so you know whether you will like to core gameplay.

Fantasy means many races with their strengths and weaknesses like Vegetarian pigmen, tall dwarves twice the size of humans, cannibal elves lizards and bugmen. Oh so you want to min-max with all these races don't you? Well, too bad they are all Racists as fuck and prone to murder each other without careful planning. Good thing there's a very robust slavery system for you to prosecute and exploit the undesirables yes?
>>
>>1739753
based
>>
File: Cretonians.jpg (286 KB, 2048x2732)
286 KB
286 KB JPG
>>1739880
TL;DR

>Fantasy City-Builder big on logistics and demographics control/management, with Total War-like combat elements and campaign map 4X features.
>Game is on Steam, GOG, and Itch.io
>Demo is on Steam and Itch.io
>Mods are on Steam Workshop and Mod.io
>>
File: Krull.jpg (657 KB, 2659x2840)
657 KB
657 KB JPG
>>1739730
No idea exactly what you mean by your ranbowmafia autism, but gender/sex is completely irrelevant in gameplay and pureply a cosmetic appearance in portraits and present in the actual setting's lore.
Aside from that big part of the game's actual gameplay consists of managing demographics between races, making ghettos, avoiding (unintentional) progroms and prosecuting specific races/religions for enslavement/indoctination into servitude depending on your kind of playthrough.
>>
>>1739893
there is communism?
>>
>>1739730
>is this game safe from rainbowmafia
yes
>>
>>1739906
>>1739893
Communism and trannyism is literally promoted by the games creator. Look at the credits and his discord.
>>
File: Garthimi.jpg (381 KB, 1333x2000)
381 KB
381 KB JPG
>>1739906
There are no 'Ideologies' in the game.

Different Fantasy Races have different likes and dislikes for certain foods, amenities, aesthetics, services, and even other races.
There are four different religions of which a a mayority of followers tend to be of certain races, and not all religions get long with each other as per the game's lore.
Once you go deeper into the knowledge tree you have the option/need to to either Indoctrinate (make subservient) or Educate (improve academic/craftmanship production) certain demographics of your population to diversify them.

When that Anon obsessed with liberals says the Gathimi (bugs) are communists he just means they have lower requirements than anyone else. They are literally described as evil cannon fodder in-game:
>"Garthimi love death and destruction while caring little for the finer things in life. High reproductive rate makes them perfect cannon fodder, but given the right training and equipment, they can become quite proficient."
>"Garthimi were created by the fallen god Aminon in the first war of the gods. After his imprisonment, the Garthimi retreated to the mountain caverns of the world where they raided the ones foolish enough to settle nearby. They reproduce naturally in hatcheries and their exoskeleton is quite resistant to all kinds of weather, while also providing them with a natural battle boost. They like fish and meat."
>>
File: Garthimi.png (624 KB, 894x877)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>1739923
>>
>>1739727
Judging by this post it's the mentally ill /pol/ tranny from this thread >>1737684

Ignore it.
>>
>>1739923
Garthimi are pretty much the slave-race of choice for most players (and even NPC kingdoms) because they're easy-to-please and are good miners, which every other race despises to do as a job (some Job locations have a chance to suffer from accidents, and in the case of mining these accidents are often big and lethal for the people working them).
>>
My civ is in a constant state of war communism
>>
>>1739949
Post pics of your commune so we can tell you what's wrong with it.
>>
All the talk about communism aside, I wish that we could collect taxes directly from our citizens, and the better furnished their houses, the more money they pay
>I hate collecting taxes from these poor rundown houses, it's hardly worth my time
>>
>>1739959
You'd need to have an internal economy within your own city to justify it, and I think the dev has refused to add it, not because of the retarded talk of "communism" but because of how hellish it'd it'd be for him to code every single farmer, craftman, oddjober, guard, soldier, academician and everyone else having their own salaries, selling and buying their own produce, and managing their expenses.

Not even Dwarf Fortress does that, and it's the pinaccle of micromanagment autism.
>>
File: file.png (1.12 MB, 654x680)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
I think I'm getting better at non-grid designs.
>>
>>1739959
And where would they get the money when state already owns everything?
>>
Play the .66 beta or wait?
>>
>>1739970
>And where would they get the money when state already owns everything?
Comrade...
>>
>>1739968
>Not even Dwarf Fortress does that, and it's the pinaccle of micromanagment autism.
Dwarf fortress used to have an economy system with individual wealth tracking and coins. It was so shitty and caused so much lag and bugs that it had to be removed, which is quite a feat for something in that game.
>>
Are there any world conquest speedrun-esque playthroughs of this game? I want to see what the game looks like when played "optimally".
>>
>>1739982
Hiring mercenaries to loot and conquer regions to be able to afford more mercenaries to conquer more regions has been the cheese 4x strategy of v64 and v65, althrough dev has gotten into fixing/decreasing the issue in v66.
>>
>>1739925
Garthimi are just Indians?
>>
>>1739984
Yes but I'd also like to see the things leading up to that point.
>>
Auto-employ: Yes or no?
>>
>>1739979
Pretty much.

>>1739976
>>1739959
You might not have an internal economy, but the player should still be eventually allowed to get into coinage like other nations seem to do.
Something I've not seen other strategy games do and something I'd find more interesting I think would be if each nation or at least each nation collective had their own coinage/currencies with different exchange rates and values.
Having nations reject your currency and try to economically outmaneuver you would be more unqiue than having another city0builder where you collect taxes from your peasants, and it goes with Syx's macromanagent focus.
>>
Anyone know a good resource on how combat works? Maybe a devlog or something that explains how things like force works, and the relation between damage and armour.
>>
>>1739993
Could be interesting, would also make inflation into a real consequence of nations minting more and more coins of dubious quality instead of just a passive drain on your reserves.
>>
>>1739999
>Dev Diary overview of the newly overhauled Combat system of v61, minus the later-on improved combat/formations UI:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1162750/view/3187993730658746490
https://youtu.be/9knYxqj7VGc

I'd link to the wiki, but it's even more outdated than dev diary.
The in-game guide has just a broad overview of all combat related info.
The updated UI of later versions is far more descriptive and helpful with specific data.

You might want to go indo dev mod to test things out and see how it all works.
>>
>>1740010 was for >>1739998
>>
>>1739992
No
>>
About laying out fisheries.
Do I have to stretch it all the way to those little fish icons? Do they offer any benefit or they are just cosmetic. Looking at my plebs working on my fishery, they just seem to be fishing anywhere on its zone.
>>
I'm on my second town with close to 2K population, some vassals and stuff. Any titles that are easy enough to grab for my next town? I want to make one that's less ugly now that I know the mechanics a bit better. I got Artisan, First of their Name and Herdsman so far. I thought Herdsman would be useful before I discovered trade and tributes.
>>
File: file.png (1.49 MB, 664x888)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB PNG
>>1739969
Adding some fishing villages on the islands for the lizzards.
Plan is to have all the races live there. Wish me luck.
>>
>>1740022
In v65, Fisheries allow for 1 more worker every certain amount of squares that are water, but every fish icon allows for 2 extra workers per fish icon, making them more efficient.

In v66 the fish icons seem to additionally give access to "Deep Water", which increases the fishery output by a total of 20%, with receding bonus for every certain amount of "non-deep water" tiles the fishery has.

So in v65: for efficiency in space and production try and maximise the amount of fish icons a fishery has (while stilla ccounting for travel distance).
In v66 try and maximise the amount of deep-sea to non-deep-sea tiles a fishery has for maximum efficiency.

Pic related. A fishery in v66:
>4 Fisherman from 2 Deep Sea spots.
>1 Fisherman from total amount of non-deep sea slots.
>The Deep Sea bonus isn't a perfect +20.0% because I have more non-deep sea water tiles than the two deep sea tiles can handle.
>Plus Storage and Auxiliaries on ground.
>>
>>1740014
Thanks, but that still has stuff like ammo that I havent seen in v65. Was interested in what happens if a 3 slashdamage sword attacks someone wearing 6 slasharmor. Atleast I've now got a good grip on force (if it is what he calls blunt damage in the vid).

Thanks
>>
File: SoSyx.png (1.64 MB, 1920x906)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB PNG
>>1740049
Good to hear that I guessed it somewhat right then. Thanks

How good are they? I watched one early game tips video out of curiosity who told me that they should be done ASAP and well staffed, but my experience so far doesnt seems to match it.
>>
>>1740068
Ammo simply increases the more ranged weapons a troop has. They start with a base amount when 1 bow is given, and for every extra bow assigned the ammo amount increases as well other bonuses and maluses applied.

>>1740071
They are decent source of food if you're settled on a big river or in the ocean, and very simple and cheap to upgrade to make more efficient, as they don't require a technology to do so, only Furniture and some fabric, which you can import.
>>
>>1740071
They usually fetch a better price on the market than other food types.
>>
>>1739906
Of course, your entire colony shares resources freely with one another, everything is free even housing. Doesn't get more communist than this.
>>
>>1739985
>Garthimis
>Indians

They're the only race with the surname "Chudswell".
>>
Where the hell are my slaves after a battle? I just wiped out a bandit army and my 126 slaves that I captured never actually showed up. I have a prison/slaver/stocks etc. but I never get them in my city. Buying slaves seems to work just fine.
>>
>>1740133
Do you have a built slaver or jail?
>>
>>1740154
he said he did
>>1740133
did you set the punishment for each race manually? because you need to make sure you are actually punishing other races by enslaving them, rather than just imprisoning or more commonly just executing
>>
File: file.png (1.95 MB, 1920x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
>>1740154
So something like this? By default all the options were equal. Do I need more stockades? I have 3 prisoners or war in my stocks right now but none in my dungeon or slaver area.
>>
File: file.png (2.53 MB, 1920x1080)
2.53 MB
2.53 MB PNG
>>1740163
Now I've gotten ten "prisoner escaped" messages in a row despite nobody ever actually showing up in my prison. It's fully staffed and you can see the food right next to it.
>>
>have the population and industrial production to start being able to pump out shitloads of equipment and have people train full time.
>also just have the straight GDP to by regions outright. For honestly cheaper than the expense of conquering them and having fun field battles.

Damn, always knew studying economics was gonna bite me in the ass one day.
>>
File: ichihime-4.png (89 KB, 240x240)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
>nobles need gems for their stupid mansion
>1k a pop and need 20 total
>>
How are you supposed to grow your conquered cities? Everything takes a ton of workforce and leaves me with no way to build more buildings.
>>
File: wld3ygvqxrwc1.png (485 KB, 1780x732)
485 KB
485 KB PNG
>Roadmap of upcoming features:

Wish we had something like Monsters and similar beasts to fight and loot from without having to go to battle against an actual enemy nation.
>>
>>1740101
>races are still unable to be happy without a slave caste to shit on
The best critics to communism will always be communists themselves. lamo
>>
File: sos_kid.webm (2.64 MB, 900x506)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB WEBM
fucking kids
>>
>>1740247
They are suicidal.
>>
>>1739992
I only put it on for janitors, no for all other jobs
>>
>>1740247
Time to learn about Allowed Area- wait, this isn't Rimworld.
>>
How many people or how much cash do I need to keep my tavern stocked? I'm unsure if I should invest in the tech to make it more efficient or just make more cash to buy it wholesale
>>
>>1740337
I can't give you any exact answer but holy shit they drain alcohol so hard.
>>
>>1740337
Taverns are, indeed, extremely resource consuming. Citizens dring almost as much as they can eat, if they're allowed to.
I would suggest not investing into them until you're deep into the production efficiency tech tree of the related resources.
>>
>>1740216
Still can't figure it out. I can get a tier 2 city in one of my six regions but I don't have enough workforce for anything else. The city building part just seems broken.
>>
File: syx easteros.jpg (1.04 MB, 1600x1600)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
my crops doing well.. irrigation is the future
>>
File: Example settlement.png (971 KB, 1360x768)
971 KB
971 KB PNG
>>1740216
>>1740353
Are we talking about .65? It seems that population is mainly a function of the fertility and area, with buildings influencing stuff like growth, health (at a certain point they start having non-stop plagues), max population, loyalty and so on. The most relevant stat seems to be workforce and build points, buildings use them to upgrade the city either giving one of mentioned stats or giving you resources. I can't seem to grow any of my cities beyond level 3, but they do give me resources (though the tax money they give is very little)
>>
File: Tributes.png (1.44 MB, 1360x768)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>1740374
In my experience, I've been successful juggling workforce and build points growing the population until you either hit level 2 or 3 and then use the remaining build points to get the resource tributes
It uses quite a lot of paper pushers, but you get a steady stream of resources that isn't tied to trade
>>
>>1739919
Hold in there little bro they'll find a cure for asperger's in your lifetime and you won't have to care so much about stupid shit forever I'm sure of it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (215 KB, 1292x1071)
215 KB
215 KB PNG
>>1740374
>>1740378
V66
Here's my issue. I can't even get to a tier 3 town because I have nowhere close to enough workforce to afford the upgrades I would need for the region capacity upgrades. Currently I'm using 10 workforce alone just to get the population high enough to turn it into a tier 2 town. I can't even spend my admin points because I don't have enough workforce to build any of the buildings that actually use them.
>>
Okay after playing the shit out of the demo I bought the full game, should I play stable or is everyone on the beta?
>>
>>1740449
beta is pretty stable at this point
>>
>>1740449
Stable still has some QoL mods that have yet to update to v66, but not many.
Overall v65 will be the more documented version, so unless you don't mind experimenting you can go with v66. Either see the dev blogs to catch on on changes and additions since the demo, or one of the other game's web forums for info.
>>
>>1740449
Just play beta, it's perfectly fine
>>
Dumb faggot fucked up the steam sale and ended it a week early hope he dies
>>
>>1739919
>Communism and trannyism is literally promoted by the games creator
is that actually true? Or are you the same faggot who keeps spamming the EU5 thread saying "Jotran is adding sodding communism to my based sandbox"
>>
Is there any reason not to expand farms over water for max productivity? I was worrying it would ruin fertility on tiles further away, but it doesn't seem to affect anything. It's just free farm estate.
>>
>>1740503
Food variety and I have to produce everything local if I can autism.
>>
What's up with slave submission in the beta? I have 22 slaves at 160 pop and they have -150% submission because of "numbers". And before that, the submission would drop heavily for a short time whenever I bought some slaves.
>>
How does trading work in 66? I don't see the slider to control how much I export.
>>
File: 20240427072625_1.jpg (665 KB, 1920x1080)
665 KB
665 KB JPG
>Dread boosts people's obedience, but can make them unhappy

But since tilapis like dread, the unhappiness effect will not happen, right? Guess I will make all my roads Dire roads and everything will look like shit. Great.
>>
>>1740541
Do you have trained soldiers? Seems like v66 now wants you to have a militia before getting slaves, I've lost a good amount of resources and denari before figuring it out.
>>
File: 1704308529851631.jpg (299 KB, 672x667)
299 KB
299 KB JPG
Aren't humans way too OP? They are good at farming almost anything, they are pretty good at every industry, they are the best at science by far and despite the tooltips saying they are mediocare combatants they are probably the second best soldiers of all the playable races behind Amevias.
>>
This just looks like a shitter version of manor lords??? What gives??? What a scam!!
>>
>>1739969
Got to be careful with being obsessed with curves. Real cities are blocky and have shit jammed wherever itll fit
>>
>>1740230
My race is fully happy without slaves tho
You're thinking of irl billionaires
>>
>>1740582
They are sexpests, do not let them near your nurseries.
>>
>>1740597
>You're thinking of irl billionaires
No. Why would you even come to this conclusion?
>>
>>1740655
as long as he doesnt fill the game with that trash I dont particularly care
>>
>>1740655
You don't have to pay to play the game, so I don't see how that's relevant as long as the game is not filled with that shit (hint: it isn't).
>>
>>1740601
The criminality is really easy to deal with though.
>>
Is there any way to counter the serial killer? I have every type of justice implement and good guard coverage but I've had that event 4 or 5 times and it always just times out, I never get the right person. Also, about at what pop should I need a second judge or do you only need one?
>>
>>1740660
You can change cretonians genders at birth shill
>>
>>1740700
Don't import humans into your country, even as slaves. There is an inherent criminality to their whole Race.
>>
I know it's probably a bad idea but can I make a slave army?
>>
>>1740601
Communal Tilapi sex slaves solves this issue.
>>
Why doesnt my starting city have any associated territory? How do I expand?
>>
>embassy now consumes jews
oh god oh fuck why
>>
>>1740747
You only have your capital at the start, you have to buy or conquer territory.
>>
>>1740762
There's some territory nearby with very little people, I presume they have no garrison. Can I just waltz in with 10 guys and claim it as my own?
>>
>>1740655
Probably like 10 years ago. Why didnt you just upload them and let us judge for ourselves? Perhaps because your pushing narrative?
>>
>>1740710
humans aren't the only race that can have a serial killer
>>
>>1740655
yet you haven't linked them or even bothered to provide screenshots
>>
>>1740709
>ugly pigmen are the trannies
pottery
>>
>>1740764
Probably not, most territories have at least a 100 soldiers defending the capital I'm pretty sure. You can just buy some mercenaries tho.
>>
>reach 500 pop
>unlock embassy and administration

I am really supposed to have conquered territories by now?
>>
>>1740842
In v65, yes, ages ago.
In v66 it's more effort because mercenaries are more expensive.
>>
>>1740842
What can you even do with conquered territories without admins?
>>
>>1740842
Not really. There's no point in conquering before you have admin since without that you can't even tax or recruit from them, can't even upgrade shit without the admin points.
>>
>>1740587
>Real cities are blocky
Depends on the country.
It's mostly US that loves the grid.
>>
Does the race you chose have any impact other than starting population?
>>
>>1740655
holy mental illness
>>
>>1740876
I don't think it does, except for slightly different opinion of other nations and maybe conquered city pops.
>>
>>1740893
Started with the pigs, since it made sense for my starting location.
The other races are difficult to attract though.
>>
how do I not make everything into a grid please help
>>
I like Amevians the most
>>
>>1740934
What's up with gridlosers? Just build shit wherever you need it next, stop planning your cities you nerd.
>>
>>1740934
By embracing roundness-loving races.
It's almost impossible to plan with those, so your cities become organic.
>>
do I just ignore noise
>>
I have played 44 hours and only just now realized that militia have a deterrent effect on raids, so even if you can't fight you should have a military.
>>
>>1740655
No one who likes videogames cares about stupid /pol/cel drama.
>>
File: Screenshot (21).png (1.65 MB, 1920x1080)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
My mines doing well.
Garthimi slaves are the future.
>>
>>1740976
I hope for the day we get ships and sea stuff.
>>
File: Roman-Legion-Camp.jpg (177 KB, 1150x1035)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>1740934
Impossible
>>
Does the "Wood Handling" tech that claims to reduce wood consumption work?
>>
Why are all my pops covered in shit? I've built lavatories for them.
>>
>>1741043
Is that actually a thing in game? kek
>>
>>1741043
Lavatories are for poopmaxxing exclusively, you want the bathing tech, build bathouses or at least wells then upgrade those wells with clay.
>>
>>1741045
It is, the pooperies are also super loud, you can hear people shitting their guts out from half a map away.
>>
>>1741046
I've just unlocked bathing, bathhouses are kind of expensive still so I'll do the clay thing.
Pops actually seem to clean themselves in the river, but my main population center is too far away for most pops to take advantage of that. Happened to notice it when one pigman decided to go skinny dipping after clearing some of the forest next to the river.
>>
>>1741051
If you have sweet water sources nearby then they will use that to clean themselves yeah, but ponds, pools and upgraded wells work as well.
>>
File: file.png (837 KB, 1135x970)
837 KB
837 KB PNG
>'upgrade' city
>max pop reduces by 300
I don't really understand the new upgrade system at all.
>>
How one should go about warfare on the world map? Do I use my city troops to attack my neighbor? Can I disband and reintegrate those people back in to my city population later?

Looks like its possible to hire and train an entirely new army on the map screen, with people from only god knows where. Its better to just hire a new army like that to not hurt my city pop? Looks like I need to supply everyone with weapons, army, rations, drink and clothes, that is a lot of stuff. My weakest neighbor has an army of 150, that I assume to be trained and geared soldiers.
>>
File: file.png (184 KB, 568x1071)
184 KB
184 KB PNG
How do I limit exports in V66? There was a bar that used to tell your warehouse to keep items about xyz% and now it's gone.
>>
>>1741135
>Do I use my city troops to attack my neighbor?
You could, but unless you have a really well equipped and trained group of at least 50 don't bother.
> Can I disband and reintegrate those people back in to my city population later?
You can.
>Looks like its possible to hire and train an entirely new army on the map screen, with people from only god knows where. Its better to just hire a new army like that to not hurt my city pop? Looks like I need to supply everyone with weapons, army, rations, drink and clothes, that is a lot of stuff.
Those are your recruits, you will have to use that mechanic if you want a big army cause having over 100 soldiers in your city is nearly impossible.
>My weakest neighbor has an army of 150, that I assume to be trained and geared soldiers.
They are not always geared up that well.
The best course of action really is just to hire mercs if you are on v65, they might have changed stuff in v66 so idk about that.
>>1741138
Do you do it on the warehouse screen now? You used to limit exports in the export depot screen not the warehouse.
>>
File: Untitled.png (258 KB, 1540x1068)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>1741146
Either I'm blind or its been completely removed which means we can't control export amounts. Actually there's no way to limit pull amounts either which means that transports/warehouse workers will keep pulling until the other warehouse is empty.

Imports still seems to have a bar you can drag
>>
File: Untitled.png (73 KB, 577x700)
73 KB
73 KB PNG
>>1741150
Oh Christ I found it. It's buried in yet another screen.
You have to actually click the pull icon for it to show up.
>>
>>1739880
I wish i knew about the general before diving into the game. I had to learn the hard way what to do when workload is low. The only thing i can't quite figure out is how to maintain my drinks production. Thats the point where my whole playthrough got fucked. I made enough fruits and bread as the elves to be safe for a long time and then disaster struck when i made the brewery. I even tried cheating drinks in to try and get a headstart and i was popping 150 drinks over 5 minutes with a 200 pop.

I still have some questions:
Do i understand correctly that if my knowledge goes below 0 when i have stuff unlocked, that stuff gets unlearned?
What is the percentage of yield i am supposed to find profitable when i try to get the 2 valuable ore?
Is fishing a meme? As the elves they needed fish but i used like 400 river tiles on my map and it gives me like 6 fish. The same amount in grains/veggies/fruits would feed an entire population.
I really don't understand how the underground grates work. I made a pump and irrigation but i need to get it to my bathhouses apparently and i need to use the underground stuff but there is no indication as to how to use them

As a side thing the elves are weird. Their needs are so fucked up. I don't want to make cannibals and death rituals, i need the people but these fuckers dip below 80 for the most stupidest shit. You have 4 types of food,warmth, baths, theater and houses and you are angry that you can't eat people.
>>
File: file.png (220 KB, 806x791)
220 KB
220 KB PNG
>>1741152
"Only pull when storage is BELOW this limit"
This is either a typo or a bug because that seems completely backwards.
>>
>>1741155
>The only thing i can't quite figure out is how to maintain my drinks production
I just buy them.
>>
>>1741155
>drinks production
My brother in christ, even at 1000 pop I don't fuck with drinks production. It's a commitment and a half.
>is fishing a meme?
basically, river fishing seems to be far less plentiful and more spread out for me than ocean fishing. Just export high value stuff and buy the fish.
>research?
something like that, or the percentages of fulfillment drop or whatever
>should I be mining?
No. Unless you settle on the resource specifically, no. Having 40 people mining 0.2 gems a day is not worth it, just buy it instead. Or better yet, conquer a region with it.
>>
>>1741155
>Do i understand correctly that if my knowledge goes below 0 when i have stuff unlocked, that stuff gets unlearned?
Yeah, but it doesn't happens immediately
>What is the percentage of yield i am supposed to find profitable when i try to get the 2 valuable ore?
I've heard the up from 70% yield
>Is fishing a meme? As the elves they needed fish but i used like 400 river tiles on my map and it gives me like 6 fish. The same amount in grains/veggies/fruits would feed an entire population.
Different species are better at some jobs than others, I can feed my 1.25k lizard city just with fishing
>I really don't understand how the underground grates work. I made a pump and irrigation but i need to get it to my bathhouses apparently and i need to use the underground stuff but there is no indication as to how to use them
I didn't use them but apparently, they teleport water from a canal connected to it to up to 10 tiles. If you played factorio, they work kinda like the same

>I wish i knew about the general before diving into the game.
We totally aren't a general btw, generals only exist on /vg/ we only are a random thread
>>
>>1741156
yeah its probably a typo. it only takes resources when it's source is > 48%
>>
Embrace the brush tool
>>
>>1741188
S Q U A R E
Q
U
A
R
E
>>
I feel like I did myself a huge disservice not having my starter landing party next to the river cutting through my map. Do you guys have any experience in remaking your main city elsewhere on the map? I've been racking my brain how I shift everyone around and make better districts without having everything go down a deathward spiral.
>>
>>1741210
You can just build shit next to it.
>>
>>1741210
just Copy Area everything to the other zone with planned and activate it one at a time. after you're finished just move the throne
>>
>>1741210
forgot to add that like the other anon says, you can just plop your main town wherever and make smaller settlements for the different things, i.e., mining town and whatnot
>>
>>1740488
Nobody on this entire board says "trannyism" except for Robbie.
>>
>bunf of lazy pig oddjobbers sitting around
>they all ignore the forage jobs
Why?
>>
>>1741258
only trannys use the term "robbie" and "shazam" unironically
>>
>>1741275
too far
>>
>>1741258
Kek you struck a nerve
>>
>>1741275
It could be just their daily leisure time.
>>
>try out a battle. First try to put my melee guys around my archers, to protect them but leaving gaps to shoot out of.
>battle is a long drawn out shooting match, but I lose horribly, despite having tilapi archers trained to 80%.
>Restart battle and keep everyone in the default line, thight formation.
>hit charge the second the battle starts.
>enemy middle crumples. Turn to the sides and mop up the survivors.

Seems like aggression is the name of the game, and that melee troops with good kit will shit on shitty melee troops way harder than any shitty vs elite archers matchup.

Tilapi still seem to be the combat master race, cause the speed boost lets them close the gap on the charge faster.
>>
Town coming along nicely.
This is one of the more comfy citybuilderst I've played.
>>
>>1741298
I haven't been able to get a single bow unit to actually fire in V66. They have training and maxed out bows while being on fire at will and still won't do fuck all.
>>
File: file.png (1.44 MB, 674x922)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
>>1741319
Whoops.
>>
>>1741328
This was v65, but yeah that shit is a bit finicky.
>>
>>1741334
I've heard that trees can block line of sight and apparently your own units will too despite them having a pretty high range. And yeah I've also found that just hitting the charge command and slamming into the enemy usually nets me more wins than lining up in a defensive posture and grinding them down. I'm thinking of breeding Garthimis as slaves and using them as expendable flankers while my elite units hit the front.
>>
>>1741337
Bugs have something like 50% minus on morale, would probably break and run standing just trying to flank.
>>
File: Copenhagen.jpg (270 KB, 1465x1920)
270 KB
270 KB JPG
>>1740868
Not really
>>
>>1741408
copenhagen got destroyed and rebuilt multiple times
>>
Are libraries' paper consumption based on number of workers or of knowledge? I had about 30k knowledge from 156 human scientists and after several years of expanding paper production and watching the bonus tick up I've got about 60k science now with a .91 bonus from the library. The paper consumption seems to have been higher before the bonus leveled off so I was wondering if there was something to represent "recording" knowledge then a smaller static cost after that.
>>
>>1741413
It doesn't matter. Any curvature is on the macro scale, the main things is cramming buildings in and working around the terrain.
>>
File: syx artificial bay.png (1.07 MB, 1081x703)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
built an artificial harbour for my little town
autism is my superpower
>>
>>1741210
Go full medieval and build yourself a castle anon.
>>
>>1741448
now heres a good non-grid design.
>>
File: 8956775643.png (2.16 MB, 803x1163)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB PNG
>>1740868
Dude I just had an argument with some guy on /v/ that tried to disprove the existence of a square before the year 1800, don't make me bust out the folder.
>>
File: lanfang.jpg (43 KB, 429x448)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>1741457
True. Every major chink city was a square, port cities in the mediterranean were mostly grids around the ports, every city that was a roman colony grew from a rectangular shaped fort
>>
>Battle pathfinding feels even worse than before
>Export, supply depots and new logistics are fucked beyond belief and convoluted for no reason, probably bugged as well
>Game keeps crashing for reasons unknown since I reached 500+ pop
It's over
>>
>>1741457
Anti grid autism has gotten to the point where people think cities are just supposed to be collections of random shapes, or that that looks good.
>>
File: fd.jpg (2.99 MB, 2144x2144)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB JPG
my current v66 save, sittin at around 1.7k people
>>
File: image (59).png (98 KB, 224x224)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
>come back to my city after taking a break from playing
>entire warehouse full of grain
>second warehouse capped with bread
>bread about to spill out of the bakery storage
>bakers can't keep up with the amount of grain being harvested despite working overtime
>pretty much nothing else to eat in the entire city other than bread, other types of food being like a drop in the ocean
>scheduled construction of another massive grain farm
what the FUCK did I mean by this
>>
>>1741477
what race?
>>
>>1741482
PANEM ET CIRCENSES
>>
>>1741483
amevian, love me my fisheries
>>
>>1741486
nice
>>
>>1741482
Feels like one of those cities you make after getting fucked by food shortages.
>>
How do you convert people to just one religion? Don't have temple or anything yet. I hate how I can't google anything without getting results for entirely different games. It's such a farcry from googling something for rimworld and you'll get like 5 gorillion results for a question
>>
>>1741493
Turn off access and they will convert to any still allowed.
>>
>>1741482
based breadlord
>>
>>1741482
Increase ration amounts?
>>
File: syx ponstantinocle.jpg (1.2 MB, 1600x1600)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
the city of ponstantinocle is taking shape
>>
Can you change the location of the doors on your houses or does it break them?d
>>
Does the mumbly autist ever plan to add boats?
>>
>>1741505
I did that for a while letting it run on 250x but it wasn't doing anything.
>>
>>1741493
Build a temple of that religion, don't build temples of other religions
Shrines don't convert people
>>
File: anonuraretard.jpg (1.01 MB, 2560x1707)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>1740868
ermmmmm
>>
>>1741518
You have shrines for that and spread out enough for your town? Might wanna make a bit more and maybe a temple. The people seems to ignore their needs if its too far-ish and get mad instead.Though I cant confirm if they are converting or just dying off and migrants were the religion I want them to be.
>>
>>1741523
barcelona?
>>
>>1741536
The temple is clearly anor londo
>>
File: jpg.jpg (766 KB, 1024x768)
766 KB
766 KB JPG
>>1741536
Yes
NTA, but this is La Plata, a city in the province of Buenos Aires, Argentina. A centrally planned city that also doesn't suck. Well, no, it does suck but it's because the country as a whole sucks.
>>
>>1741538
>>1741537
they both look weird to me, but my city is more than 2000 years old so grids aren't really possible
>>
How thick does a wall need to be to hold a regiment?
>>
The thing I like the most of the game is what a challenge it is to keep your towns fed after a while. Just the sheer amount of food you need to bring in either through trade or growing. Most city builders food is such an afterthought, an early game "challenge" that you quickly overcome.
>>
>>1741524
>5k knowledge for a temple
Nigga that's nuts. I didn't actually realize until like 16ish hours in but shrines can be upsized with the QE keys but I'm kind of nervous just making huge temples of one religion in case it pisses people off again.

Anyways progress I keep meaning to post. I finally worked up the courage north for better fertility and centralization of the city. It was a lot of pain and suffering but it's accomplished and I'll probably just leave the old village around for the coal+labs village. Been busying barter like mad hell recently to get stuff I need and get more labs up. Was rotting away at 392 and down to 350s after the transition, I usually had no problem keeping it above 80 before I wanted to move. I haven't decided on an industry to specialize in just yet.
>>
>>1741592
I think last time I only managed to build temples at 4k population. 1 of them require silthion ore as offerings so thats nuts too economically.So far the religion stuff isnt as important early game so thats nice. Else shit gonna riot 24/7.
>>
Is there a way to do a recurring tree clearing order? I want open ground around my castle without paving it all.
>>
>>1741608
Pave with dirt road maybe.
>>
>>1741608
>>1741611
Use farms or pastures. Dirt road take a heck loads maintenance, but it will look like crap if you leave it unmaintained.
>>
Anyone else got dirt floors on the latest update?
>>
>>1741457
>posts a picture that would make Dendorians angry
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
It'd be nice to have a flower pasture or park as decoration that works just like a farm, with pathways/roads as auxiliary, flowers and trees as main things (without stone borders like the regular decorations menu items).
>>
Anyone on latest update have nurseries that don't work? They're supplied and have staff but they're just not producing anything.
>>
Do people leave after a riot? I've had two recently that left me with -70 workers
Also they seem to consider deleting or refurnishing crypts as desecration regardless of whether or not they had graves in them.
>>
>>1741702
Not if the city is still good overall, I had multiple riots but only once or twice after a riot and a bunch of other stuff happened (water pump and lab strikes), they left my town due to low happiness, I think mine around 50-55% happiness, riot or not people will start leaving.
>>
>>1741718
To add, I was also having some very low food days too.
>>
>>1741718
My happiness is sitting at 100% most of the time. Still getting massive shocks of missing workers with no changes.
>>
Current v66 patch is fucked
>Random cannibalism tanking public order
>Nurseries not working at all
>All indoor areas having their floors deleted and turned into dirt, even in workshops that never have dirt floors and in rooms that you made yourself
>Can be fixed by refurnishing everything but crypts can never be refurnished without huge public order shattering and custom rooms can't be fixed unless you tear them down and rebuild
>Empire management screen not showing correct information.
>>
>>1741691
you..need fruit dude...its pretty simple
>>
>>1741742
bait post
>>
I have no idea how to use the "make diagonal" feature, am I retarded
>>
>>1741754
it just makes wall corners diagonal.
>>
>>1741735
This affects save files? My floor still intact, and nurseries are still making babies.
>>
I heard the nursery bug is only happening to newly made ones. Apparently if you built it before the patch it's fine.
The floor thing i'm not sure what triggers it, I had normal floors for a long while, even refurnished the whole lot after they got deleted, but at some point i'll notice they're all gone again.
>>
>>1741757
meant to quote >>1741756
>>
>>1741735
did you make a new game or try to import one from v65
>>
File deleted.
>>1741758
>>1741757
Yep, new nursery fucked.
>>
File: shot04.png (2.99 MB, 1920x1080)
2.99 MB
2.99 MB PNG
>>1741767
Wrong screenshot.
>>
>>1741760
v65 saves will crash the game.
>>
Warehouses are fucked in 0.66. I put the radius to the max and maximized the amount of workers and they still won't pick items laying on the ground when they appear. It feels like they only register items on the groound after an entire ingame day
>>
File: 20240428215943_1.jpg (722 KB, 1795x1013)
722 KB
722 KB JPG
Speakers have a hard life.
>>
>>1741778
why do they throw shit at them?
>>
>>1741785
Bad news
>>
>>1741457
but ultimately the thing is surrounded by what appears to have formerly been a round fortification structure, now replaced by parks. this could be good inspiration for a city.
>>
>>1741674
>city is a grid everywhere it can be
>circular around hillsides where it isn't practical to build roads
woah
>>
the problem with roundness is, I can't fucking easily make round buildings, the circle tool is filled in and not hollow
>>
>>1741822
Make walls with circle tool. Decerase size by two. Delete walls or just make roofs. It's basic paint shit dude.
>>
>>1741770
>that much space between buildings
AAAAAAAAAAAA HELP ME CIVILENGINEERMAN I'M GOING INSANE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
How do the military buildings work? If training requirements are low when one person is trained up will another take their place or is it always going to be one slot per one soldier?
>>
The problem with roundness is that it's not actually roundness it wants, it's thick diagonals
>>
>>1741785
it's the medieval equivalent of shitposting
>>
>>1741844
Fuckers wanna space, I'm usually 2 squares road kinda guy.Cant be helped.
>>
>>1741847
Don't know about v66, but in v65, if you didn't set training to 100%, the recruit rejoins the work force after training is done, coming back once in a long while to retrain, so you don't need as many spots as soldiers
>>
File: 20240428104419_1.jpg (1024 KB, 1920x1080)
1024 KB
1024 KB JPG
For some reason, everything building needs to be way bigger than I really need and every project grandiose.
>>
you can tell the game is made by a yuropoor when citizens prefer apartments to houses
>>
>Equality stat
>Not a single race that cares about it.
>>
tilapi women were made for BHC
>>
File: 1711569828481060.png (12 KB, 78x89)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>1741936
>He wants to fuck le chud
>>
>>1741953
im going to have so many mutt babies with my cannibal chuddete
>>
Why do tourists hate my labs so much?
>>
>>1741995
science is reddit
>>
>>1741807
Yes, you can still see the barbican in the north, which is the only part of old Kraków walls that remains.
>>
>read that the floor deletion bug is fixed
>update
>all techs reset
I'm just gonna go to bed.
>>
I'm starting to get the hang of building bigger structures instead of building squares with auto walls. Isolation is still confusing, if it's just about noise, does it even matter if there is no source of noise nearby?
>>
>>1741785
Cretonains need to eat something.
>>
>>1742102
Isolation is about wall to perimeter ratio. If you add too many doors or make an edge not have a wall (connecting it to another structure's interior for example) you lose isolation.
>>
File: F_G9jKMbAAAQoG6.jpg (259 KB, 1279x1400)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>1741953
That's right.
>>
How does research work when it comes to getting more numbers? If i have 30 people in a lab from the start of the game will they continually get knowledge or do i need to continually add people.
>>
>>1742129
They will output a certain amount of knowledge and then have to keep working to maintain it, if you removed them the knowledge would decay.
It gets much more efficient with lab upgrades and libraries multiplying your research though.
>>
>>1742129
You can upgrade the room with metals, and then metals + gears. You can also give them tools.

Later on you will be able to build libraries, these eat paper but all give a %boost to total research, as in you have 10 labs each giving you 1k science, and a library giving you 20% science, resulting in a grand total of 12k science to use.
>>
>>1742129
More people researching means more knowledge points. There's only so much knowledge a person can produce in total, which is determined by the researcher's traits (Genius/Dumb) and race (Humans are the best at it), giving them Tools to use, and (i think) the experience of the citizen in their researcher job).
Once the citizen has reached the max amount of knowledge they can produce you need to get more by either making more researcher jobs or boosting your research producting through technologies and room upgrades, and eventually building a Library(ies).
>>
>>1741916
They don't though?
All housing has been the same for a while
I wish he'd let us do custom housing now that it doesn't matter, having them all be premade rectangular blocks is very annoying and punishes roundness
>>
v66 is very unstable
the game just turned every floor on my buildings into stone cave floor
>>
>>1741298
When it comes to battle usually after training the most important are moral and weight/speed, so you want units that weigh a lot but can still charge at a decent speed. Tilapi are quick but they are light, the best non-giant troops are gonna be Amevia and Humans.
Tilapi are the best archers.
>>
I just realized that someday my city will fall because humans only live for 80 years.
>>
>>1742202
Then explain why my graveyard is full of
>aging
>66
>>
>>1742132
And tools. Tools is probably the easiest way to increase your research
>>
>Only one city adjacent to me
>Need to import ore because max 25% deposit on map
What's the best way to proceed? My current plan is to peacefully unite with the one adjacent city because our relations are great, but one supplier isn't sufficient.
>>
File: 49 food days.png (9 KB, 239x84)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
we eating good
>>
>>1742259
Don't bother with federation diplomacy just conquer them, they ask for too much money
>>
>>1742262
If you have preferred food available will rations ever be consumed? I was thinking a big stockpile of rations for happiness from reserve food would be good but if it's eaten regularly that would be a waste of effort.
>>
>>1742264
It's only like 7 million and I have 600k currently without actively trying to raise funds just from exporting excess weaponry
>>
Do armies really need alcohol? I can't keep it because my useless nigger citizens guzzle it down. I'd legitimately need to have like 10 breweries going at once to be in the green.
>>
>>1742285
You can alter drink rations next to food rations, it can be set to 0 to have your civvies keep it sober.
>>
are there any like guides or manuals for this?
the UI is complete garbage. its so fucking clunky.
also how do i expand an existing room? i just want my warehouse bigger
and why is building backwards? why does it want me to make a room without even letting me see how big the equipment is that ill need to put in it?
>>
>first crime has been comitted
Can I ignore this for a while? Currently no free manpower to set up courts/punishments/whatever.
>>
I've heard that recent patch killed a lot of fun (balancing time).
How true or bs that is?
>>
>>1740046
>all the races live there
Just like irl, races hate eachother so that will be interesting to see.
>>
>>1742295
Hit the refurbish button on a finished room to add to it. Hit Q&E to change the size of objects like crates/ torches/ workshops.
There's only a few different types of rooms while most of the workshops share the exact same building layout. This allows you to just copy paste the design while changing the output when you need another building.
>>
>>1742301
Up to 46. So far so good. Having specialized populations is nice.
Let's see how this will work out in the hundreds/thousands.
Haven't added bugpeople yet, will only do so once I set up mining.
>>
>>1742302
i just dont want to make a second one, i want to make the first one bigger. ill try
really would be nice to have a manual thoug
>>
>>1742297
Mostly it's just buggy and suffering from some bad ui design changes. I'd wait a week or three before really trying out v66. The dev already fixed most of the hated stuff like warehouse radius being fucking tiny. Now it's customizeable and can cover the entire map if you want.
>>
>>1742265
I'm doing exactly that. Just forbid everyone from eating rations. Remember to forbid slaves from eating it too
>>
File: syx ponstantinocle 2.jpg (1.2 MB, 1600x1600)
1.2 MB
1.2 MB JPG
>>1741511
>blogposting
>>
>>1742306
Hit the refurbish button and add more walls/ crates or whatever. Look on youtube for songs of syx V65~66 and just watch some guy if you need a more detailed explanation. The game has constant ui and balance changes so some of the old guides/videos are outdated. I'm pretty sure a proper tutorial is on the roadmap but never got implemented because of how many huge updates the game has had which would break it.

The dev has specified that from this point on he's going to be focusing on balancing,bugfixing, quality of life features before 1.0. That means that the chances of some new gamebreaking feature making all the guides obsolete is probably not going to happen anymore.
>>
>>1742310
Cool, thanks for sharing!
>>
should i download the demo? or try to find where to pirate the most recent one
dont have money
>>
>>1742336
>https://store.steampowered.com/app/1162750/Songs_of_Syx/
"Try the demo"
>>
>>1742339
yeah, im asking if its way too outdated, maybe its not worth it
>>
>>1742336
just pirate it. you can get it on cs rin
>>
File: 1706837008361769.png (35 KB, 396x314)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>37
GRIM
>>
>>1742344
we .tl/t-8AH2xoibiX here you go dude. Have fun
>>
Did he fuck up the crime rates? shit ton of goods getting stolen in my 10 guy village and im pretty sure there were some murders too. then again im tired as fuck and playing on speed x250 so im not exactly paying attention.
>>
>>1742296
>crime rampant
>people murdering each other
>every building degraded to shit because I didn't stock up on jannies
It's over...
>>
brainlet here, is all housing doomed to be squares?
>>
>>1742388
you can put housing inside of structures (they can be build independently of buildings) with corridors, divisions and such, but that requires a bit of planning
>>
>>1741477
current update, at about 3600 people
>>
>>1742400
Which races?
>>
File: Untitled (5).png (1.28 MB, 733x691)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
based or cringe
>>
>>1742404
amevian still, with slaves of every race
>>
File: file.png (1.95 MB, 1920x1080)
1.95 MB
1.95 MB PNG
That looks like a comfy start.
Are ressource nodes that important when trade exists?
>>
File: file.png (1.8 MB, 1920x1080)
1.8 MB
1.8 MB PNG
>>1742408
I mean this spot.
>>
>>1742311
>. Just forbid everyone from eating rations
Does that still give happiness from days of food?
>>
>>1742413
Yes.
>>
File deleted.
>start new village
>pigmen are immidiately murdering each other
wat
Is this a bug?
>>
>people getting murdered from day 1
>fireplace at 100% degradation the moment it is built
I think I need to wait for a stable version.
>>
Which race is easiest to start with for a beginner? Bought this today, played the tutorial but fell in to what I could only call an inefficiency spiral. Never quite enough people to do anything, and never quite enough food to get enough people. Got to around 60 people before giving up on that one. Clay was way far away and I couldn't really get metalworking started because all science was spent on farming and hunting efficiency.
>>
>>1742435
Any of human, dondorian, or cretonian, since they don't hate each other and you can just get all of them.

Don't try to be self-sufficient, trade for everything you need and can't trivially produce.
>>
File: SsethWave.png (85 KB, 973x635)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
Seems it stabilized at 2k.Impressive,

it's several times the original playerbase than at the beggining of the month.
Thread seems livelier too.
>>
I'm stagnating too hard around 300~390 pop. More RNG events of like 20 people living. This is hell. I'm at a loss what I should be doing right now. Just had a 10 man riot just now too.
>>
>>1742515
Make fight pits.
>>
>>1742523
Maybe one day....
>>
>>1742526
If you have any research in passive production bonuses then get rid of them.
>>
>>1741995
Literally everyone except humans are cro-magnon luddites who hate science and education.
>>
>>1742529
Welp, I forgot I had the passive ones. I'll see how that works out I guess, in the meantime I've come to realize I shouldn't do upscaled rooms so much since that's probably hurting me way too much.
>>
>>1742478
1m+view videos will do that to tiny titles with substance
>>
>>1742515
I started procreation at about 200 pops and due to intense autism ceased immigration. I'm at about 900 now. I recommend staggering procreation (I have 8 crib nurseries that I made one at a time over several years and as my capacity went up) and focusing on things that both improve happiness and lifespan. Physicians, clothes, ensure hearths and pools are available, hospitals, accident management tech etc. Don't fight raiders until you can afford the losses.
Does anyone know any other ways to prolong lifespans? Does food have any impact on health?
>>
>>1742540
>Does food have any impact on health?
Food rations do.
>>
>>1742267
You could just hire some mercs and take them more less than 7 mil
>>
>>1742285
They don't need it. All they actually need is rations.
>>
>>1742174
It was fine before yesterday, last patch just fucked everything up.
>>
>>1742409
Resource nodes don't really matter at all imo. I literaly don't produce any raw resource on my current map, it's purely manufacturing. The map is flawed in that it makes resource nodes seem way more important than they are, especially when fish/wood/fertility are just as useful for raw resources. Also will warn you about lack of fresh water when you have a river right through the centre of the map and max fertility everywhere.
Real thing to watch for is trade, but the warning on the map screen isn't that accurate when it warns you about lack of trade either.
>>
Is there a way to increase safety other than the tech?
>>
>>1742576
>caring that occasionally some people will die
at least that way no one gets to retire and you can just jam the retirement age to minimum for free happiness
>>
Are archers bugged? I lost like 40 guys from archers because I was trying to get my archers to fire. They never did, so their unit of 12~ archers devastated my unit of 96.
>>
>>1742699
They can't fire in trees.
>>
Why are criminals being exiled when exile is at minumum, execute and imprison aren't, and I have a dungeon and gallows?
Is a judge required to do anything but exile?
>>
My only gripe with this game is that the workshops are all too similar. They should have distinct shapes to them for the most part.
>>
>>1742715
You shape them however you want
>>
>>1742719
retard
>>
>>1742720
no u
>>
>>1742715
Yeah I start off my games with a bakery and carpentry workshop that use the exact same layout.
The state does not comment on the amount of sawdust our bread may or may not contain.
>>
How do you change your city name? I set it in the previous version but I can't figure out how to change it now in v66.
>>
yeah ok crime is crazy in v66, going back to v65
>>
Are pastures just really weak? Or do I need to be making them even larger? Farms on fertile land seem like better food production in every way, but I'm trying to get more materials for clothes. I'm already importing leather, cotton, cloth, and clothes but it's never enough.
>>
What the fuck is happening in v66, I loaded up the tutorial to try to remember how to play and in the first year I have 5 dead cretonians, not from hunting accidents as I would have expected but just from nothing. They're bleeding out in the throne room, housing, etc. How are you supposed to start when there's 50% attrition per year on population?
>>
>>1742762
He enabled accidents again. Suffer, wait for patch, or play v65.
>>
>>1742762
v66 has been extremely unstable the last day or two, multiple gamebreaking bugs.
>>
>>1742762
It's murder, crime is fucked in multiple way
>>
>>1742755
Larger and on fertile land.Irrigate them and use the tech.
>>
>>1742755
It's like that irl. If you got a good race you can blast a lot of food out of them though.
>>
>>1742755
The point of pastures is that the worker requirement is based on productivity, not size. So you use farms on high fertility areas to maximize production per worker, and pastures on low fertility areas because the production per worker is the same there regardless.
>>
Why the fuck do I need to build pumping stations to run canals when I live next to a river? Why can't they just dig a channel from it?
>>
>>1742571
imo resources nodes are important and you should be close to them but not on them, so you can conquer the cities built on them and make them give you the stuff for free.
>>
>>1742478
>Seems it stabilized at 2k.Impressive,
I was eying this game for a few months prior to the video. Realising that it allows me to do some things I've wanted in DF for +5 years has made me very happy
>>
>>1742742
Go to the throne and flag page, let's you change your name there.
>>
>>1742807
I've played it on and off for years, I just decided to give it another go due to the video and it finally clicked for me
>>
You ever just randomly get gibs from your pigbro because they take pity on you despite doing well?
>>
New hotfix just dropped
>>
>>1742832
Game playable now?
>>
>600 pop
>Food seems stable, but not enough for more rations
>Putting tools on as much as possible
>Exports not keeping up
>Want more happiness to pump industry
Not too sure which tech to focus on, services or efficiencies in my export industries (masonry & wood stuff)
>>
>>1742881
How's your environment happiness? Giving humans stone/grand stone houses and similar for other races is a good way to get happiness without knowledge.
>>
>>1742296
For a while, yeah.
>>
>>1742770
Pastures on fertile land? I don't see fertility multiplier in there, only sweet water
>>
>>1742939
Just checked, yeah only sweet water. Since my map are usually small lakes nowadays I guess I mixed up improved fertility from sweet water access (from canals POOOMPING) and those weird high fertility spots on the map with zero ground water.
>>
>>1742713
I am playing with tilapis and put my execution to 100%, it worked fine. Maybe try putting exile on 0.
>>
Garthimis aren't fit for a life of peace, I'm enslaving them out of paternal love for bugkind. How else do I protect them against scheming Dondorians and subversive Humans? In exchange they can work the mines.
>>
>>1742955
Remember, they love nothing more than living communally in giant workhouses right outside the mines.
>>
>>1742478
Sseth reviewed it as did some ofthe Sseth clones, same thing happened with Quasimorph
>>
Are dire roads actually shit? I put them everywhere in my city because dread sounded cool but I just reread the tooltip and *some* races like it.
>>
>>1741729
Fuck, just got this my self. Fucking 150 people leaving for no reason out of my 650 pop town.Its over.
>>
>>1742971
Nevermind I answered my own question. Piggers hate them, Elves like them, and Humans are indifferent. Others I don't know about.
>>1742988
>>1741729
Any bodies appearing? Game doesn't seem to notify you when people die of old age. I haven't noticed anyone straight up leaving in my games.
>>
>>1742997
Theres a red arrow icon on the screen where the accident,starvation,death located. You can click on it and it will show some of the leaving people moving, presumably leaving the city map. I think the clothes situation in my town is probably the cause.Happiness is at 57% though, so its probably not as random like the original anon said.
>>
>>1740934
de-gridify your city by jutting buildings into random directions to "randomize" how the roads look. yes it will still look a bit boxy but it will look much better than grids, it's also easier to do than making oval and round shaped buildings
>>
At which point do you stop allowing immigrants?
>>
>>1743028
Diversity is our strength CHUD
>>
My workshops are complaining I have no wood except the warehouse right next to them has like 2k. any suggestions?
>>
>>1743043
Imprison and execute all workers
>>
>>1743044
kek really?
>>
>>1742798
Water doesn't flow uphill.
>>
>>1743043
nvm figured it out
>>
File: 1665177050867742.jpg (70 KB, 506x432)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
So, its probably best to focus on what your race of plebeians do best, export excess, import everything else? Then slave, or introduce another race though immigration if you want to do other things?

Playing for the first time with tilapis, I thought about making just a few things outside of their focus, such as clothes and drink, but those particular industries eat so many fucking workers and resources is not even funny. I also went in to making armor, bows and hammers, because I thought I would need it, but I never got raided and to field armies I also need drinks, rations, clothes, so much fucking stuff, its probably easier to sell everything to pay for mercenaries. Its retarded.

I suppose I could set clothes / drink rations to 0 and export everything to finance mercenaries, or destroy those buildings and put more people making bows, wood and pastures, but my city feels like such a huge mess a this point, I want to start over. I am not even doing bad, happiness and loyalty is high, have food and plenty of resources, but still, feels like I fucked up.
>>
wow slaves are convenient
>>
>>1743046
So dig the canal deeper genius.
>>
>>1743048
>feels like I fucked up.
O R G A N I C
R
G
A
N
I
C
>>
>>1743048
Yeah, military has always been unreasonably expensive with several production chains needed to support it. You can support it off loot for a while if you are lucky but you still need to bootstrap it somehow and mercs are just easier. In the newest version drinks are not a requirement anymore I think, they just give a bonus.
It's generally better to specialise and trade for stuff. Unlocking the basic production for everything will just give you inefficient buildings while locking dozens if not hundreds of people doing research jobs which you also need to keep in mind. Double down on what you are good at and services that will keep your pops happy so you can actually grow your city. This is really the intended way to play and trying to make an autarky run is a self-challenge.
>>
Any major bugs with the latest v66 build? Or is it safe to come back.
>>
>>1742970
That usually brings the worst kind of people, but not this time it seems.
>>
>>1742755
Just make more. Livestock sells for an absurd amount of money.
>>
>>1743104
Other than certain exceptions like SS13, the seething about the ssethtide is more disruptive than the tide itself.
>>
>>1743102
Supposedly crime and instant degradation got fixed a few hours ago.
>>
How to segregate effectively? I've built a little outpost for the human nerds, I want them to take care of their own jobs. They took all the scientist jobs, which is good, but they won't take the service jobs.
>>
>>1743141
Occupation > Work Priorities. You can disable anything you dont want them to do
>>
>>1742755
Even though pastures benefits from fertility, you're better off putting them on marginal land that's generally unsuited to farming.
>>
>>1743091
Really feels like the dev doesn't play his game. We also need to set up all of those military supply depots, because the same worker that carries swords can't carry a few packets of rations, its all unecessarily contrived.

When it comes to drinks, its a huge black hole of resources (from pottery to coal and cost of grain/fruits) and the boost from them and the taverns are not worth at all, unless, maybe, if you are running some kind of pig grain empire. I will sack all this shit.
>>
>>1742755
Farms are better near fertile land because it allows them to produce more goods with a lower workforce.
Pastures in high fertility land makes them more space efficient (you need less space to maintain the same amount of cattle and workforce), but the only proper way to make them more productive per head of cattle is by giving the jobs to races proficient at it and through techs.

As other Anons mentioned, farms are for high fertility soil. Pastures can be placed on either as your needs require, but often fill the niche of being used to make the empty space in your map productive.
>>
>>1743172
I think resource need sliders can be modded. Someone could make a mod that just makes it so every race has to drink 1/4 of the amount they eat so it is less of a resource drain. Of course that would be cheating, but I just want to chill on my chill city building game
>>
>>1743142
I don't want to disable the jobs I want them to do jobs in their local area. Would be convenient if there was a selection tool to do that like with housing were I can just select what I want them to do instead of having to fidget with sliders.
>>
Is there some sort of break point for buildings when it becomes more efficient to have multiple smaller buildings or one massive one? eg. 1 lab with 100 scientists vs. 10 labs with 10 scientists.
>>
>>1743206
No. Larger buildings are more space and resource efficient due to walls taking up space and resources but your two examples are identical in terms of worker efficiency.
>>
>>1743091
>>1743172
Yeah, how the fuck do the AIs around me manage to afford all that shit with less people?! And the price of mercs has gotten real crazy.

>>1743102
It looks fine now.
>>
>>1743204
Also a tool for who could utilize services. e.g. a lavatory for just your minorities and another that doesn't allow minorities
>>
>>1743206
>>1743207
But you also need to accoutn for walking distance.
A worker who needs to walk several kilometers just to get to their workstation from their house is not going to be able to do much else during the day (satiating their needs), if the workshop they work on covers half the map.
Also, if the workplace ever gets broken/damaged (caused by battle or riots) a larger part of your workforce will be without work until the place is replaced.
>>
>Send army out on campaign
>Security goes to 0
>Get raided
>>
>>1743253
If you distribute small workplaces next to residences you just make your services less efficient (and also reduce your input/output transport efficiency) even if you theoretically let your workers walk less to their workplace. If you're minmaxing efficiency, larger workplaces are more efficient.
>>
>>1743253
workers will only walk to their workplaces and back once a day
>>
>>1743260
Kek
>>
>>1743260
yeah that make sense
>>
>>1743260
Just like the Romans.
>>
How big an army do I need to conquer a free region?
>>
File: screenshot1.png (433 KB, 1920x1080)
433 KB
433 KB PNG
Is it worth it create a farm next to my mining camp? I have a couple dedicated hauler job stations for bread to feed the miners up there already. The fertility around it is pretty shit, but I also don't want haulers to takes ages walking back and forth between the camp and my main city.
>>
File: screenshot2.png (1.25 MB, 1529x1080)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB PNG
>>1743308
Also pic related, mining camp is top left and main city is bottom right.
>>
ok I'm stupid, how do I irrigate?
>>
>>1741880
cityplanners.txt
>>
How does irrigation work now? When I played a couple years ago it was a modifier to fields, but that isn't the case now apparently. Also you have to use pumps? Why isn't here a way to divert rivers
>>
>>1743321
>Build water pumps
>Connect canal to the little arrow on the pump
>Build canals where you want to build your farms
>Land around the canal is now more fertile
>Build farms on the now fertile land
>>
>>1743350
Ah so it increases fertility. How much?
>>
>>1743351
About tree fiddy.
>>
>>1743351
+50% on the tile adjacent to the canal, falling ~3% every tile it seems
>>
>>1743356
Great, so the amount needed differs by fertility. That's annoying. I wonder how having culverts doted around fields works.
>>
>>1743366
No, It's just a flat +50% bonus, I build a 7 tile wide farm around them or a 4 tile wide orchad (maybe 8 could be better)
>>
>can't decide where to put my hospital area
It's over
>>
How do you all manage different races? Currently, my city is exclusively lizards. I thought about taking in slaves but the idea of disrupting my ethnostate brought me great distress.
>>
>>1743375
The same way in reality, build different neighborhoods for every race and minimize contact between them
>>
>>1743372
>No, It's just a flat +50% bonus
It still caps at 100%, right? So 60% fertility base has 2 tiles of 100% then it goes to 98% while 80% would have 6 tiles of 100% before it goes to 99%
>>
>>1743380
Correct
>>
>>1743382
So your layout depends on fertility
>>
>>1743391
I guess if you want max efficiency? I always build the same layout...
>>
>>1743393
Is there water pressure or is it just distance?
e.g. you have 64 water from a pump and make a straight line 64 tiles long, I assume it reaches the end. You make a parallel line 64 tiles long and connect them. Does the first line remain the same and the second line have one empty tile or do both fill roughly halfway?
>>
>>1743375
Dondons and pigs are doing fine together until I introduced human jews into my academia and suddenly there is a corpse of brawl victim on the street
>>
>>1743400
>both fill roughly halfway?
This one I think
>>
File: file.png (86 KB, 619x826)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
Sweet. He finally decreased the pop required to upgrade your cities and now I can actually level them up. I had 5 that were pop capped and unable to upgrade whatsoever. This will actually be a huge buff if you're in an area without huge region sizes.
>>
>start new map
>instantly get 2 murders
right......
>>
>>1743432
That was supposed to be fixed in the last hotfix
>>
>>1743375
You create ghettos near whatever industry you want them to do. I have a glorious industrial city of stone for my humans and then a separate but equal wooden ghetto on the outskirts for my pigger farmers
>>
Does having slaves of a different race negatively impact happiness from other races or does that only count plebs
>>
>>1743375
I started exclusively as lizards too but they are breeding too slowly and i can't easily fix their demand for better roads n shit, so i'm importing massive numbers of hoomans. my settlement barely has 150 people though
>>
What does the school actually do? Does it also boost tech?
>>
>>1743469
I'm pretty sure every single race in the game likes having another race as slaves. They only get pissed when their own race is slaves.
>>
>>1743311
i'd just put a food stall with small food hauler(s) next to it to ferry the food up there, also it looks like you need to make a more direct road, looks like theyre not using the existing one
>>
>>1743311
>>1743308
Use actual transports instead of haulers for long range. They load up the cart with tons of goods before pulling it across the map.
>>
I HATE THOSE FUCKING NIGGER JANITORS SO FUCKING MUCH. I'm trying my hardest to put restrictions to the buildings. Dwarves in one space humans in the other space and some FUCKING RETARDED HUMAN KEEPS WORKING IN THE JANITOR OFFICE. He complains about not having a house even if he has houses in the human town, he has plenty of space there. I really really hope for the dev to do something about manually placing jobs. I already modified what jobs they can and can't do and he still goes there. Please...stop
>>
>>1743491
I hope the dev adds "separate but equal" zone designation so you can forbid areas
>>
>>1743483
Transports were so good in v65, you didn't even need warehouses to store the produce of huge clusters of farms/building. You could just put one transport, extend the radius until it covered every building, and then set it to load it all up to your main storage. Now the radius is super tiny so you are forced to build a cache next to it to actually gather the resources and bring them close to the transport. Sucks.
>>
>>1743417
How did you get them? Conquest or just bought them outright? In v65 I'd used only mercs to do that, but now I'm not too sure how to go about conquering neighbours.
>>
File: huh.png (1.42 MB, 1991x918)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
Huh?
>>
>>1743028
I've been trying around 230~300 pop. I think around that pop your original immigrants will start dying off so it's better you make a few breed stations sooner than later.
>>
File: 1650309612740.jpg (324 KB, 615x621)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
>>1743482
>put a food stall with small food hauler(s) next to it to ferry the food up there
that has been my strategy but I'm guessing it's not as efficient
>also it looks like you need to make a more direct road
I should also consider that
>>1743483
>>1743505
>Use actual transports
>v65
I'm on the v66 beta and I know there have been constant changes to how radius works with various building. I haven't used transports yet, so I'll give it a go. Thanks bros.
>>
>>1743508
In v65 50 humans with 100% training and full gear was enough to conquer the tiny sub-1000 people regions.
>>
Some lizards came and attacked me. They were 20 to 100 trained soldiers of mine. They completely pulverized my army. What the hell is going on?
>>
>>1743528
its almost certainly a gear difference, when you get a ransom request usually when your scouts say
>a X army is approaching
the adjective used should be noted, if it says "huge" or "impressive" then it generally means either an extremely large army there to overwhelm, or a extremely geared army
also you couldve just gotten fucked by bows and arrows
>>
anyway to put flooring in for constructed buildings? or do I just use roads?
>>
So are conquered territories useless till you get admin? There's only 50 guys here I want to increase the pop.
>>
>>1743571
most buildings already have flooring, if youre playing an e66 save from before a patch from last night then floors are bugged, if you wanna just keep progress, just go through and click the refurnish button (house icon by the building name) and click out of refurnishing, then the floor will appear again
>>
>>1743571
Like the carpentry for example? They get floors when you upgrade the building
Houses are decorated when you allow the peasants access to furniture
>>1743572
Yeah, but if you attack them you can get slaves and spoils, so just conquer and leave them be until you get admin
>>
File: syx ponstantinocle 3.jpg (1.19 MB, 1600x1600)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>1742318
added housing for ~200 new fishermen today
>>
>>1743582
Nice city, what race(s)?
>>
>>1743578
>>1743571
Aren't floors if you provide wood?
>>
>>1743589
Only for houses.
>>
>>1743583
mainly pigmen and amevias
>>
Alright is it better to get human slaves for research or force through with Tilapis? I played a short game before wanting to restart for a better location and this time Im going to do more than be a dirt farm/carpenter group. Unfortunately they hate research and I want to do single race instead of juggling different needs.
>>
>it is the end of our second year here
>8 are dead
>the population is now only 13
>we walk to the lavatory in fear
Wasn't there supposed to be a fix for this? The game didn't download any updates today.
>>
>pigs
>1000+ pop
>barely enough food with half the population on farms and labs upgrading those farms
>never used an army, gear is expensive, have a bunch of bows sitting in a storage that are used for emergency trade
>can't buy shit, jannies instantly eat all the iron and cut stone I get
>already starved once from 700 pop to 0
Damn I'm shit
>>
>>1743685
>cut stone
he bought ze grand valls, dump it
>>
>>1743672
Humans are entirely worth it for the bonuses and have very similar needs to the tilapi. Just get a nursery set up so you have a nice constant stream of slaves and meat for canabalism.
>>
File: 1672701399710391.gif (2.76 MB, 240x240)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB GIF
>>1743685
>>can't buy shit, jannies instantly eat all the iron and cut stone I get
This is the biggest hurdle for me right now. I'll buy them every now and then but the maintenance eats 80% of the imports before I can even get them to construction sites. It's annoying.
>>
>>1743685
>barely enough food with half the population on farms
How is that even possible? Are you doing quadruple food rations?
>>
>>1743700
Canabalism is the only downside of the species, I might look into removing it later or getting those insects as mining/ranching slaves and food stock, they mature pretty fast.
>>
>>1743702
Find a region with resource deposits and make it your vassal. I can now import iron ore dirt cheap and sell the excess to my neighbors for profit.
>>
is there a way to transfer livestock to other pens? my city has expanded so much that the current pen is pretty much in the middle of the city and I could do with some more real space.
>>
>>1743733
When you delete it they should just move all the livestock to the new pen you're building.
>>
just learned you can spam the + above whatever thing you want, trees crates ect to get more space efficient placements, these are the things that should be in the tutorial not building fulfillment buildings
>>
>>1743732
I tried to take over a 500 Tilapis settlement and got clowned on. I do have like 150 flanx or so but it doesn't seem to arm them? I didn't have melee trained on though until I noticed it just now.
>>
>>1743417
You could upgrade them before. It just took some actual figuring out to do it.
Now it's back to being braindead.
>>
>>1743571
Yes but if you want to put a structure in the building you have to do it like
Roof > floor > anything like statues stages or pillars
Otherwise you'll have problems with being able to place things.
>>
>>1743751
I'm having the same problem, sent out my division to crush a rebel army then got raped and realised they didn't bring any of their equipment. Still not sure what I did wrong but when I reloaded and they attacked my city proper instead I realised you have to click muster in the attack screen for them to equip their stuff, for armies on the world map maybe it's that or you have to have their equipment in an army supply depot.
>>
>>1743751
>>1743762
Watch a tutorial.
>>
File: 1698645510974075.gif (3.32 MB, 240x240)
3.32 MB
3.32 MB GIF
>>1743765
>30 min ep tutorials
>>
>>1743755
Not in V66 you couldn't if you had a smaller region. I had max workforce research and couldn't grow my population high enough for Tier 3.
>>
>>1743799
Yes in v66 you could.
>>
>>1743801
Now go do it with your first and only captured city.
>>
>moving the goalposts
>>
>>1743803
I did
>>
>>1743809
Yeah that's great anon. You got lucky with a large enough region capacity to grow it that high. Before the patch some small regions literally couldn't grow enough from upgrades to go up to a higher tier. Even with global workforce bonuses you ran out of way to raise your region capacity.
>>
>>1743740
>spam the + above whatever thing you want, trees crates ect
Could you say this in English? It sounds important.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3.35 MB, 1920x1080)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
I'm trying out new farm layout to hopefully prep for cretons pop eventually. I'm a little confused how I'm suppose to do canals or how I can extend them more. Do i just make more pumps or is there a better way to do canals?
>>
>>1743828
He means resizing furniture with q and e, like making longer or double wide crates in warehouses.
>>
File: syx size.webm (3.62 MB, 1280x786)
3.62 MB
3.62 MB WEBM
>>1743828
He means you can press Q and E to change the size/shapes of most objects or workplaces.
>>1743833
Each extra pump increases the range of flow. I think it's something around 32 tiles per pump. The pump upgrade reduces the workers needed.
>>
>>1743833
Pressure is number of tiles that will have water so keep that in mind. Where they are in the network doesn't matter much, you don't have to worry about backflow or anything.
>>
tried building organic, ended up with a favela
many such cases
>>
>>1743844
Built for cretonnians
>>
>>1743842
>>1743840
>>1743828
yea resizing, I went from 20 crates to 60 crates in the same space and orchard trees are now 3x4 instead of 4x4 letting me fit more in the small fertility areas at the start
>>
File: wood handling.png (82 KB, 403x199)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
Does this actually work? Does it actually reduce wood consumption by 10%?
>>
>>1743855
I said fuck it and tested it.
It does work, however it does not reduce wood consumption by 10%; It divides it by 1.1. The reduction is thus 9.09%
>>
>>1742400
New update, at about 5000 people
>>
>male wet nurses
>>
Hey, orcs, you're sitting on a fuckload of cotton from those rams you brought along, maybe think about stitching the shit together, it's been years
>>
File: production pop up.png (210 KB, 1158x569)
210 KB
210 KB PNG
>>1743861
The game provides a pop up with all relevant bonuses and multipliers in a building. You can see that the technology bonus is additive
>>
>>1743878
How do you think I found out it divided wood consumption?
>>
Is the game worth getting or should I stick with Rimworld
>>
>>1743888
figure it out yourself
>>
stupid concept I'm too lazy to do: inland city with a long wall to the port like ancient athens
>>
>>1743861
You got it mixed up.
Tech increases production
>>
>>1743889
>go to /v/
>barely even talking about games
>go to /vst/
>scroll through the endless retardation of anime posting
>find SoS thread
>ask comparison question about the game
>get retarded answer
I understand that if I ask a retarded question I get a retarded answer but there’s nowhere else to discuss or compare the two games. /v/ is a lost cause and even if a discussion were to happen the thread would be archived.
>>
>>1743896
spoonfeed yourself fag.
>>
>>1743892
organicsisters.. why didn't they place their buildings randoml-ACK
>>
>>1743899
no...
square skeptics DONT LOOK
>>
Rebuilding my river spanning city in v66
>>
>>1743901
Can you really call it river spanning if all you have on the other bank is some shitty cubicle though?
>>
>>1743876
>one starved to death despite 5 units of meat and 20 of fish while I got up to take a shit
Ah. So they truly are retarded.
>>
>>1743903
that's only 1k pop
>>
>>1743888
Oranges and apples, do you like city building games?
>>
File: Angry Gods.gif (968 KB, 1005x690)
968 KB
968 KB GIF
>Finally annex pigger kingdom for resources (mercs are OP)
>Tributes mounting faster than I can use them, throne room is a mess
>Immigrants keep pouring in from high living standards
>Build a bunch of housing and industry to house them all
>All in all city is a messy square
>Not even 2k pop in
>Trade partner suddenly decides to invade
I want to restart, but it's my most successful city yet
>>
>>1743896
Dude is being unnecessary rude so this game has a free demo that you can play forever and rimworld has a 100 bucks worth of DLC. Should be obvious how you can go about deciding.
>>
very thoughtful of the livestock to automatically convert themselves into boxes the second you destroy their pasture
>>
>>1743894
Not wood handling, can you read?
>>
>>1743898
Spoonfeeding would be me watching some grifter on YouTube recommend the game because it’s the FoTM and not mention any of the downsides/ flaws to the game. Me asking people who aren’t afraid to criticize the game is what I’m after.
>>
>>1743894
There's two types of tech no in V66 to increase production and decrease consumption.
>>
>>1743904
Oh. Nevermind, he's deranged. Hopefully they learn how to make an asylum.
>>
>>1743899
soulless
>>
>>1743914
The only thing this game has in common with Rimworld is a lack of z-levels.
>>
>>1743914
No, spoonfeeding would be asking us questions you could easily find out yourself. Retard.
>>
>>1743914
kill yourself whiny faggot
>>
>>1743911
I guess I probably should just try the Demo out, I wasn’t sure if that version of the game was much different than the current. As for Rimworld, yeah the dlc prices are insane but it’s a pretty neat game even vanilla.
>>
wait do animals actually breed and multiply inside pastures?
holy shit this changes everything
>>
>>1743923
What did you think the "livestock" resource was? It starts slowly but ramps up so fast that having a bunch of pastures is also good for trade
>>
>>1743916
Now he's dead. Good riddance.
>>1743923
Yes. Why wouldn't they? My orcs are too stupid to breed, but the lizards certainly aren't.
>>
>>1743924
>>1743925
I though they're just like a regular resource you have to trade for since they start off as a pile of boxes.
>>
>>1743927
It's a regular resource but all pastures produce it.
>>
>>1743929
But does the game differentiate between animal species? Can I have an Auroch pasture that produces Globdiens for example? All I'm seeing is a singular livestock resource.
>>
>>1743930
It doesn't.
>>
>>1743932
That's fucking crazy. I love it.
>>
>>1743920
>asking real people their own opinions is easily done
Where? Google? You are a complete nigger
>>
>>1743922
Vanilla rimworld was like 10 years ago. If I were to put a rough estimate in on content, I would say one vanilla rimworld play through is about the same as making a 10k pop city in SoS. You have at least 3-4 different races different enough to make it a different experience.

There's mod and expansions to change up Rimworld for multiple play through but being this late means most unique mods would need more of the expansions to build on, I think. There's quite a number of abandoned mods by now.
>>
>>1743939
That’s true, to get the most out of it I’ll have to get DLCs.
>>
>no wheel or written language
>still figured out the grid
HELP ME PIGGERMAN I'M GOING INSANEE
>>
>>1743946
they did have both the wheel and a written language though
>>
>>1743862
How do you guys find these spots with water and mountains next to each other? Terrain editor?
>>
>>1743967
Pretty much every map I gen has seaside mountains.
>>
I want a funny goblin race
>>
How many workers are in your warehouses? Shit getting left on the fields even with oddjobbers and warehouse workers and with the good on the ground inside the radius.Just use the work load and increase workers?
>>
>>1743946
That's not a grid city at all, it's just rectangle buildings. In fact, it's the opposite of a grid city because it keeps to natural terrain instead of paving over everything and relying on tributes.
>>
File: download-6.jpg (81 KB, 512x459)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>1743972
I want a giant crocodile man race.
>>
>>1743990
Aren’t the argonians close enough?
>>
Are hearts only needed in cold climates?

I only bothered to build one in my now city of thousands in temperate climate, haven't had any cold deaths.
>>
how's the nodding scene? I assume someone has modded in standard fantasy races
>>
Who mans catapults when you muster? is it just random citizens?
>>
>>1744010
It would probably be a bit harder than other games since races have their own stats, such as how much they’re worth as slaves
>>
>>1744010
it does have standard fantasy races.
>>
>>1744005
Its good for happiness at least if there is no dying en masse.
>>
>>1744005
hearths are needed for service satisfaction.
>>
>>1744002
no
>>1744014
it's the standard fantasy races and grossly op furry/scalie OCs
>>
Feels like an Elder Scrolls mod that add all those races would be a good fit for this game.
>>
File: 1713725886028886.png (164 KB, 407x485)
164 KB
164 KB PNG
>>1743901
>All that riverside 100% fertility real estate not spent farming.
You don't have any pig slaves or something?
>>
>>1744032
He has a roundabout and you're questioning his efficiency
>>
>>1744032
That entire map is 80-90% fertility.
farming is a complete waste of manpower when you can just buy it or get it for free from your empire.
>>1744035
>baww sidewalks and junctions
>>
Is there a way of getting more admin? I've just started taking territory finally and want to get those regions paying me back
>>
>>1744040
* Is there a way of making it more efficient similar to everything else
>>
>Confused for MINUTES as to why my woodcutters won't empty, try to do it in a ton of different ways
>Turns out clicking on a gatehouse locks it
>>
>>1744037
The endgame of Syx is becoming a paper producing empire.
>>
>>1744041
Humans. I bet schools/universities also boost the production for admin/paper but I would have to check. There's probably some tech too.
>>
File: 850.jpg (3 MB, 3500x3500)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
v66 at 850. Not doing anything with global conquest since I'm shit at it.Bruteforcing 24% ore mine currently.
>>
Isn't it curious how every position of power is filled by humans?
>>
>>1744082
>.Bruteforcing 24% ore mine
Just fucking buy it bro
>>
I'm at 300 people and at 30 food reserves. I produce most stuff that i need except herbs and leather. I am thinking that the way forward is just more immigration in increments of 10 so that i can keep humans at 100 happiness/loyalty. I was thinking about building an army but i hear humans are weak. Whats the best thing i can get my hands on at this point? I probably will have to make another secluded village for the race and provide everything for them,letting them only deal with army. Also can i somehow populate free lands?
>>
>>1744087
>BZZZT BZZT
>SIR THE CRETORIANS IS THINKING
>HE GOES TO SCHOOL?
>INDOCTRINATE HIM!
>>
>>1744089
humans aren't weak.
>>
>>1744088
I do, it will auto buy when below 900 in storage.Previous tool shortage somehow fucked me hard due to the industries having it maxed out so I try to keep ores around.
>>
>>1744090
Wow, that really made me think
I think that I love bread, I love paper manufacturing, I love grids
>>
>>1744093
What about humans?
>>
File: crates.png (51 KB, 250x103)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
help a brainlet out here, what exactly do these shapes mean?
>>
What the fuck why are trade agreements so expensive now? It used to be 50 bits of lumber and a firm handshake now the AI considers its value a minimum of 50K worth of goods to flog overpriced ores my way
>>
>>1744103
In current year even handshakes are expensive
>>
Do you guys build massive 100% overextension factories or smalll individual ones to keep maintenance down. Are the extra costs real bad?
>>
>>1744122
Internal pillars. Have you heard of them?
>>
>>1744132
I'm a believer of tthe open floor plan school of design.
>>
>>1744135
Do humans really?
>>
>freshwater can buff pastures by up to +25%
What's the point of this when freshwater buffs farms far harder?
>>
my new temple
>>
>>1744162
How do I get roofs over shrines?
>>
>>1744162
No shrine, no problems. They don't know they need it until i build one
>>
>>1744164
It's a temple, not a shrine.
But you might be able put one indoors by building the roof first, then the floors, then the place the building. That's how I made my indoor stages.
>>
>>1744100
Pointing arrows = access point
Other thing = actual crate
>>
>keep restarting every few hours because I learn something new and want to build from the start with that in mind
MAKE IT STOP!!
>>
File: windmill_of_research.png (140 KB, 516x472)
140 KB
140 KB PNG
>>1743990
I want beaver race so I can make Bober jokes. They would eat wood or something.

>>1744172
I just build 13x13 squares everywhere because that's the best way for me to organise shit. Unfortunately for me only housing gets 100% isolation this way and pic. related lab layout only had something like 40% isolation. If not for Isolation beign gay I would have build this layout and gotten 32 jobs, the layout I currently use is like 28 jobs.

I wish that line actually counted as pseudoisolation like it does with housing.
>>
>capture hundreds of slaves in battle, huge population boost.
>Don ebskave my main species Tilapia, instead execute and cannablise all captives. Which leads to a giant happiness boom, and I gladly take all the migrants I can get to not be out numbered by the slaves.
>"The rains have stopped and our crops are failing, we must pray"
Fuck you Crator cuntgod I even built you a big temple got that title for having 95% temple nerds met you fucking shitter.

If I had the dosh I'd swap to that god that needs gorillions of jewelry for the temple.
>>
File: goncern.png (6 KB, 253x199)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
quick q:
does food variety give bonuses even if the particular food item isn't preferred by the race?
i.e. humans don't like vegetables, would making a vegetable farm to have veggies available in food stalls increase happiness still and be worthwhile?
>>
>>1744295
not worth it imo. import them sure, but def dont farm them
>>
>>1744149
Livestock sells for like 400.
>>
File: house.png (1.14 MB, 766x767)
1.14 MB
1.14 MB PNG
recommend me some roundish housing for my pigs
>>
>People completely ignore graveyards once they have crypts
kinda lame
>>
>>1744300
But it does give bonus then? Not him, but I never bothered much in importing or foraging food types that aren't prefered by the race. I was under the impression that no one was eating the vegetables and mushrooms.
>>
>>1744327
cant say for sure because i havent actively tested it, it's just something i start doing later on in the game
>>
>>1743582
city expanded to cliffs on southwest
temple of crator acquired
>>
>>1743901
My biggest wish is for more decorative blocks.
>>
>>1744361
pretty cool map
>>
>>1743972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoAfb3f04mo
>>
File: 1702484378056135.png (1.35 MB, 797x739)
1.35 MB
1.35 MB PNG
>>1744162
i feel like a retard when i see builds like this >>1744324
i wish crypts are only something that nobles can access.
>>
>>1744408
i've actually never used crypts i always forget about them.. whats so good about them?
>>
File: Roman-insula-1024x944.jpg (190 KB, 1024x944)
190 KB
190 KB JPG
>>1744316
Nice housing, reminisces me of roman insulae from Caesar 4
>>
>still 4 hours until get home to play SoS
>>
>>1744423
be a sad neet like me and you can play SoS all the time
>>
>>1744428
I wish.
>>
Can I not choose what percentage of my stocks to export? Used to be able to but I can't find the option in 66
>>
>>1744412
Big happiness boost
>>
>>1744433
Click one of the slots that lets you select a stockpile to fetch from, when you have one selected you can click on the icon and set the desired surplus.
>>
File: starvation.jpg (668 KB, 1477x1133)
668 KB
668 KB JPG
>>1744316
I was making the same thing with double layers, but starvation kicked in. I wasn't paying attention and let in too big of an immigrant migration.
>>
>>1744423
>10 hours until my big final paper is due
>playing sos instead
I only have about four pages left, double spaced, but I'm lazy.
>>
So you can't manually attack an enemy city? Bummer, but I guess the dev would need to make a city generator and siege AI which I imagine is pretty tricky. Maybe in the future.
>>
>>1744499
It is pretty tricky.
However, the dev is fiddling with making Map Editors/Custom Scenarios and Campaigns for the next patch, so we might be able to play siege battles in custom made enemy cities.

I assume once that drops we might see some interesting mods, like total overhauls with custom campaigns, like a LoTR total conversion mod with custom races and non-player cities.
>>
>>1744505
There's a race mod, it's not the best but it's decent enough.
>>
File: round.png (893 KB, 988x737)
893 KB
893 KB PNG
>>1744316
all you need
>>
>>1744499
His latest vlog he mentions he'd like to build a library of player-built cities, which would then be used by the game for in-map siege assaults.
>>
>>1744523
The only issue is that fully built player built cities are tipically built all the way to the borders of the map so there would be no place for the enemy to spawn
>>
Is there any way to make wells and markets not be surrounded by dirt other than presumably upgrades?
>>
>>1744525
upgrades
>>
Exposure is such a shitty meme holy shit. My people are in their houses with 100% insulation near a fire source and they die of cold.
>>
>>1744524
The enemy would spawn inside the city anon, you'd be the one attacking it.

There would obviously be some sort of catalogue of various pop densities, so if you attack a medium sized town, it would pick one such map in the database, likewise for larger and smaller.
>>
>>1744528
Clothes are the only thing that actually effective for exposure.
>>
>>1744510
There is, but it changes Argonosh to Demons and Tilapi to Dryads instead of just Elves, so it's a bid odd.
Need one that is Tolkien Races 1:1
>Humans
>Hobbits
>Dwarves
>Elves
>Orcs

Maybe divide Humans into Westerners and Easterners, Orcs into Goblins, Orcs and Uruk-Hai, and probably some other more obscure stuff like Beornings, Ents, etcetera,
>>
>Get back into the game after long hiatus following Sseth's reminder that the game is actually cool
>Reach ~1000 citizens and have a drought
>Sell of pretty much every resource I can spare
>Starvation, emigration and riots all over
Well. It was fun while it lasted. Should I still play cretonians despite their shitty combat stats?
>>
>>1744546
>cretonians
It'll let you get the true "farmers surrounded by nomads" experience.
>>
>>1744552
Yeah but I was already playing cretonians. They seem easy, but I'm not sure once I actually survive the solo phase
>>
>>1744534
I'm starting to read LotR just so I can make that mod when the game is close to 1.0, if nobody else made one or if they made an unsatisfying one
>>
>>1744546
By the time I had 1000 pop I had a permanent 2~ year buffer of grain
Why did you do this to yourself?
>>
>>1744557
>>1744534
Now that I think about it, I think for a LoTR mod it would make more sense for only a few races to be able to immigrate regulary, while others inhabit Heavens similar to Cantors and Argonosh and need to be swayed before they're willing to join, and might be rarer than other races.

You can make different also depending on the Middle-Earth age that the game is set on, and have different races then.
The regular races would probably be the different variations of Men and Orcs that exist in the setting, while the races that live in Heavens would be the rarer more isolationist ones (Hobbits, Elves, Dwarves, Ents, The Great Spiders, etc), so you need to convince them to join you if you have a city near their location.
>>
>>1744561
I either didn't know or forgot about droughts. I think I had 10ish days of food
>>
File: Incredulous superhero.png (240 KB, 321x422)
240 KB
240 KB PNG
>>1744569
That said. I was ahead of food production. So it was increasing. Just maybe not enough.
I just kinda hate not having the workforce to do anything else but farm. Soldiers, scientists, potters and all that need to do their thing you know.
>>
>>1744570
Bread.
Grain farms + bakeries will feed as many people as other farms, but require only 2/3rd the workforce or so.
Eventually ofc you're importing or relying on tribute.
>>
I built new wheat farms closer to water for irrigation, but now logistics are a bottleneck. How do I best get thousands of wheat per year from one granary next to the fields into the bakery granary? Currently I have haulers based next to the bakery who take from the field granary but it's very slow.
>>
any way to set what race work where? want my dwarves working in the dwarf area
>>
File: 1692094232002289.png (2.2 MB, 1293x937)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB PNG
>>
>>1744588
Transport.
>>
>>1744582
I lost all my imports because I was growing poppies really. So I was both broke and losing exports
>>
>>1744599
Do I build it at the drop off or loading site?
>>
>>1744591
You can set up what race/strata works what jobs, but not the individual jobs per room.

This is for v65 and v66.
On the top bar click on the Workforce Button/Tab (the one with the hammer icon), and in that click the Priority button at the top (the one with the arrow pointing upwards). From there you can set up what races and slaves should do what percentile amount of each job.

Other than that, you can assign housing to specific races/slaves and then with the job prirority options and the ability to fire everyone from a job (to reset job allocation) try and make people take the closest/most appropiate jobs to their houses possible.
>>
>Logistics: Carry capacity +0.25 per level
Can you move 0.25 of a unit?
>>
>>1743048
time to fix this shit

"Citizens, I have an announcement to make"
>>
File: 20240430184356_1.jpg (541 KB, 1920x1080)
541 KB
541 KB JPG
>>1744649
"Ahem."

"The gods have showed me. We have strayed from the path, we must go back to the ways of our race and for that, we are going through a series of reforms."

"First of all, to mark to fateful day and our march forward, our city now shall be called Memeland"

"Second, and slightly less important, no more clothes or alcohol. Alcohol numbs the senses and clouds the mind, clothes are for those ashamed of how the gods made them. The fact that this is economically convenient is totally just a coincidence."

"All of our textiles and alcohol industry should be replaced by based and wholesome things, such as nurseries, bowyers, hunters and pastures"
>>
>>1744591
>>1744618
I feel this will be my biggest peeve coming from Rimworld now that I have a sizable pig base. This game desperately needs a dedicated zoning system or at least a mechanic to let you set individual jobs like you can set races for individual housing. If I knew how to code I'd make it a mod myself because it'd be a really fantastic feature to have.
>>
is there a way to restrict food usage? I don't want anyone touching fruits since the nursery needs it
also, how do I export shit?
>>
File: SoS_1.jpg (3.35 MB, 1956x1604)
3.35 MB
3.35 MB JPG
I need to shuffle some shit around (like moving away the training area and the house next to it, or replacing the tailor with a house and putting the tailor elsewhere) but I think I'm going to keep having houses next to workplaces, I like it.

Also, how far is too far for services?
>>
>>1744654
industries successfully purged

"Third. No more immigrants. I know 90% of your immigrated here, but no more disgusting immigrants in our city. From now on, the only new people allowed are going to be the ones born in our nurseries."

"Fourth. No more filth religions such as worshiping giant spiders. Now the only religion allowed is cratorism. All other gods will have their shrines dismantled and replaced by tress or something, everyone loves trees."

"Fifth, after the rebuild, we should focus on selling resources to our neighbors, so that we can use their money to hire armies to conquer them"

"Lastly, if anyone feels frustrated about our reforms and feel like breaking something, please do. As you know, even if with our policy of 100% execution for crimes and no right of the accused of defending himself, our last public execution was years ago, so we need more crimes and vandalism."
>>
>>1744692
I can just imagine God coming down from Heaven, doing a "ting ting ting", shouting "First RULE" and not even being able to finish his statement before getting pegged by a large army of angry people. In this game it feels like you are the people's bitch
>>
>>1744642
It means +25% more carry capacity
>>
>>1744717
Why does a value of 1.0 give me 9 carry capacity then?
>>
>>1744727
Welp saw someone carrying 10 shortly after, nevermind.
>>
If you start in an isolated area, is there a way to make it no longer isolated so you can get access to trade and immigrants?
>>
>build import depot
>set it fruits
>set maximum price above what all trade partners ask for
>set import threshold to whatever since the stockpile is empty anyway
>on one ever comes to sell them
I am suffering from a skill issue.
>>
>>1744743
nvm a trader just came in and flooded me with apples
I think it just takes time
>>
File: 20240430204127_1.jpg (887 KB, 1920x1080)
887 KB
887 KB JPG
Is there any easy way to see the total that is being consumed by my workshops of a certain item? The tooltip shows the total produced per day between all producer buildings, one would think that the same could be done by the game to show the total consumed, but no.
>>
>>1744754
yeah takes a bit of time, theres an actual caravan unit on the map that will move towards your city
>>
>>1744770
Tooltip also doesn't update with consumption reductions, it's pretty shit
>>
File: 856746532876.png (76 KB, 698x313)
76 KB
76 KB PNG
Shout-outs to this one guy who absolutely refuses to live with a roof over his head no matter how many houses I build.
Godspeed Diogenes.
>>
>>1744822
wish I knew how to make a mod for this
>>
>>1744831
You might have to reset his job to get him rehome.
>>
>>1744838
He was an oddjobber. I just gave him a day off and that fixed it.
>>
>>1744740
Yea, by conquering neighbours
>>
>>1744872
How is that possible? Since you start with no trade or immigration you can neither grow your population nor earn money for mercenaries.
>>
>>1744555
Cretonians suck. They're only good at food. In my human save i've got 50 bakers + a little meat import feeding a population of 1.5k, with bread left over for export.
>>
>>1744875
I don't think it's possible to start with no trade or immigration
>>
>>1743981
You can always raise and lower the workers when a big job comes up. When I do construction over stone/woods I add a few more so the stuff isnt just laying out, obviously they need more during harvesting season ect dont be afraid of adding more they turn into odd jobbers if not working like the ranchers and farmers do
>>
There seriously needs to be more names in the naming pool. I'm getting multiple cities with the same name and cities named after oceans that are nowhere near them.
>>
>order 9 cut stone to finish the bath house for a fuckload of resources
>only 4 is actually delivered to the building site
>order the 5 more that I'm missing for another fuckload of resources
>only 1 is delivered
IM GETTING FUCKING SCAMMED BY THE ELVES
>>
>>1744905
Probably got stolen by your markets.
>>
>>1744905
>>1744913
I wish you could set what items go to the market globally instead of having to manually tell every market to not grab gems and jewelry
>>
>>1744913
>>1744914
yeah I closely monitored what happens to the stone once it unpacks and they all just carried it to the market
now I have like 30 more cut stones than I need

And holy shit the bath house is so powerful, I finally properly broke through the 100 pop barrier with it. Probably should have made stages first though...
>>
>>1744606
You build transports next to whatever the source of the material you're moving is. They now need to pull from a warehouse so it's probably best to make one next to where your goods are. Then they load it up and bring it to whatever warehouse you tell them to.
>>
File: Diogenes why.jpg (26 KB, 655x442)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>1744845
>I work as an oddjobber, there's aways work to be done!
>Hey Diogenes! The king just said you have a day off!
>Oh, thanks Crator! Now I can go home! Wait... where's my home again?
>mfw
>>
>>1744935
Hey, don't judge him. Find yourself a job that makes you forget about home, or the lack of it.
He was truly a one of a kind, my city has since doubled in size and yet I haven't found someone like him again. I'd give him a raise if I could find him.
>>
>>1744914
It's because you may want to set up some markets to do obtain certain goods and others nnot, while owther markets have other restrictions or none, so as to better manage a stratified society with different races in different neighborhoods.
>>
>>1744983
The slaves will eat what I say they will eat and be glad they have it.
>>
>>1744570
For food production you have to pick one thing to really invest in. I just started on an Amevia playthrough and their fishing skill and low food consumption means 1 worker on the fish farm supports 2 workers off. That's without any upgrades, techs or tools. I've also got a Globdein farm going but they're not even allowed to eat the eggs, that goes straight into the storage to maintain a low spoilage stockpile while meat gets exported. I don't bother with any other food source
>>
>plopped a load of mineral resources all over the map
>Presumably because everyone's swimming in resources every single export is worth dogshit, livestock's going rate is 42 denari
>everything except leather armour which is selling for an insane 1.04K (plate is going for 700)
What's the root cause behind this?
>>
>>1744678
Go to your race and click the access tab then click the apple icon to deny access to fruits.

Exports I still haven't figured out in v0.66, you set it up by making an export depot, setting the good you want to trade and employing at least one citizen who'll act as the hauler but I haven't figured out how to set the limit for what percentage to sell, you used to just do it on the export depot itself but I think after the update it's been moved to a sub menu somewhere
>>
>>1744878
It is possible to start with no trade in rare occasions where the gen bugs out a bit and you end up with a trade route to a port that's in a non-neighbouring territory. The only way to not get immigrants is if you place your throne on an island/in a mountain so it's cut off from a path to the edge of the map.
>>
should i build an arena for my humans
they dont really care about it.
>>
>>1743981
I just auto-employ, same for janitors. Can't be fucked micromanaging for harvests or tree felling sprees
>>
>>1745022
After you choose which warehouse to pull from you need to click on that box again and it'll let you designate how much to pull from that specific warehouse.
>>
what do emissaries to foreign regions actually do? Can I provoke a rebellion in some way?
>>
>>1745013
>Globdein farm
Are they even worth it if you're not lizards and in a warm climate? I want fucking eggs because my races love eggs but the only thing that produces them are these stupid lizards. I think I'm just going to demolish the farm and buy them the rate seems incredibly low.
>>
>built transport
>you gotta designate what resourceyou wantto move to what warehouse.
fuck I wish we could just designate stockpile/warehouse priority and then have the transport just move things between warehouses. Would make setting up things like a big dump for exess production and then small warehouses next to workshops that need a small amount of a particular resource, like coal for bakeries.

Fuck this setting up a chain where you have to do and think of each step shit.
>>
>>1745052
>Are they even worth it if you're not lizards and in a warm climate
Nah, they're the lowest production rate food in the game iirc. They've got the same spoil rate as rations though so for lizards they're insane for building a stockpile
>>
give me some building designs I can put on diagonals
>>
>>1745050
So far I found out that they can:
>Spy (by assign them to foreign city)
>Raise relations
>Assassinate nobles (didn't manage to pull that off)
I think that raising relations is the most useful desu
>>
File: 20240501210337_1.jpg (1.25 MB, 2240x1306)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>1745069
Just stuff stuff in there and then pack it in with walls.
>>
So is there no reason to get non-preferred foods? Like no general variety bonus?
>>
Trying to get library hell again, grain gone to shit, no one selling ores below 100, fruit orchard wormed, people dying in bakeries, impressive army at the gates.
>>
I'm trying to do a bugmen run and I'm trying to sustain food but balticrawlers seem quite inefficient compared to the other pastures for other races. do you guys still build the other pastures or just keep expanding crawlers to offset it?
>>
>>1745123
Honestly just expand it, put tech in, export excess and import others.
>>
>>1745123
been a while since i done bugs but the tech upgrades are huge for balti iirc
>>
Why's my warehouse say there's "no resources of the selected type" at my hauler? There is and I have them set to grab it when it's above 0.
>>
How come all humans are white?
>>
>>1745329
That's how gods created them.
>>
>>1745329
Isn't that how it is in real life?
>>
File: jak.png (1.06 MB, 856x652)
1.06 MB
1.06 MB PNG
where's the best spot to set up all my farms in Jakaton?
>>
>>1745328
dont you have to deactivate the hauler for the warehouse to pick them up? if I'm misunderstanding post a pic
>>
>>1745329
Go ask Athuri and Crator.
>>
>>1745328
ah I did misunderstand. check if you have permission to take from the warehouse since it can be locked
>>
>>1745368
It was the fucking keep limit on the hauler. It was set real low by default, but it was fish so I guess it was rotting before it got to that point.
>>
>>1745090
From my understanding, it's better to go with one food type because if you have multiple selected it dampens their food pref bar. I think it doesn't hurt when it's under 100pop but once you start getting a main food source like bread up and going in full gear it'll be easier to have one for more efficiency. Also for humans the babies require berries so there'd be a clash of interest for example if you set it so the humans and babies eat from the same source—so a orchard might be a good idea for that even though they're expensive to maintain but have huge outputs.
>>
I started a new city with lizards and it has a 97% ore deposit. Will having bug slaves piss off my lizards in the same way having bug plebs will?
Also, do you need any plebs to procreate or can I have bug slaves only and make more?
>>
>>1745498
Plebs don't fuck without the breeder, unfortunately, and neither do slaves. Slaves from my understanding (don't have any yet) you can only get growth by enslaving them in the law menu or buying them from slaver, or POWs from battles.
>>
>>1745530
You seem to have misunderstood my question, or else I worded it very poorly.
Can you use the nursery buildings when you only have slaves and no plebs of that race?
>>
>>1745533
Sorry like I said I haven't gone full investment on slaves just yet so this is just me throwing theories at the wall based on what I've read.

You can't breed slaves directly but you can breed their pleb counterparts and then enslave a number of them. It's a roundabout method and since you have no plebs you could just get some immigrants, make them plap for a while and enslave a target amount of them.
>>
>>1745329
probably so they stand out more from the background and are easily identifiable from the other races
>>
>>1745558
Cont, If you want to be even more unethical, you could emancipate what you do have , wait it until they fuck and then prosecute-> slave them again. It might freak out the plebs since you just enslaved their brethen so keep that in mind. I don't know if this'll work since it'll be a bit of an investment waiting it out so worth an experiment I guess.
>>
what's the bare minimum needed for long term sustainability? thinking of parking there for a bit so I can do proper city planning
>>
Zoomer doomers sure are getting younger these days....
>>
>>1745582
Food, some basic services (well, latrines, speakers, actors, gladiators, shrines, market and food stalls), clothes. I guess that's it? Depending on the happiness you can keep your population stable through immigration, otherwise, use breeders.
>>
>get blackmailed into embargoing a faction
>accepting instantly cancels our trade
so what happens if I just go right back to trading with them again
>>
>>1745618
Nothing in my experience, at least if you're small, don't know what happens if you have a large empire
>>
>accept literally 1 dondorian
>eventually a second dondorian arrives in the city a couple days later
>"man those fucking immigrants taking our jobs man, I'm not a racist BUT"
>>
OK so to unlock procreation you need 20 plebs. If you then enslave those plebs do you lose access and thus can't maintain the nurseries? Do slaves count for reproductive capacity?
>>
I wish you could have burghers who more or less acted outside your control but generated revenue and stuff
>>
Are braziers the only way to get light? Iron is so fucking expensive.
>>
>>1745653
Tested it some weeks ago on version 65, they do breed, but the building doesn't get maintenance and the children become peasants upon reaching adulthood (so you have to prosecute them and enslave)
>>
>>1745674
yeah. you dont need to build a huge amount of them from what i can tell, i didnt have that many in my last city
>>
File: gas lamp.jpg (589 KB, 1875x2500)
589 KB
589 KB JPG
>>1745674
>>1745683
Gas/oil resource to power lighting when
>>
So I just figured out if since you dip under 80% happiness during night times early on when youre trying to get immigrants, if you just give 1-2 people the day off youll get a wave of people to replace them and its like you did it for free. Easy immigration and happiness control for basically nothing.
>>
>finally make a brewery to supply my empty tavern with
>workers drink the entire output as soon as possible
fucking animals...
>>
>>1745699
You can restrict food preferences for all your plebs if you want to save up.
>>
>>1745702
I don't see a drink restriction there. Drink rations for every race are at 0 too and they still drink it all.
>>
File: rationing.png (74 KB, 1153x383)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>1745704
Are you on the v66 beta or v65? Should be there
>>
>>1745710
v65
those 2 past veggies don't exist
>>
>>1745692
or I could just give them money, which I can get very easily because the population is small so 400 is like 10% happiness, 800 gives me another 5 immigrants and thats like half a days furniture
>>
File: 1651715176149.jpg (44 KB, 750x911)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>1745733
Ah, nevermind then. Unfortunately you can't transfer saves up according to the dev, so you have to make the jump to the beta if you want that feature.
>>
>>1745738
I heard the beta is bugged to shit so I went with this.
How did people go around this issue before then? Just ignore taverns completely?
>>
>>1745739
Before I made the jump, I just set up an import depot for drinks and cranked up the upper limit to storage. Eventually, production exceeded demand once the taverns were stocked and I had enough breweries.
>>
>>1745742
1 drink costs 100 denari and I'm broke as fuck
it's so over
>>
>>1745362
POOMP the whole south near the silthion ore deposit.
>>
>>1745739
Last time I had decent production the tavern never got any supplies because everyone drinking it right at the internal storage or warehouse.
>>
>>1745750
That's what is happening right now. I would have made the brewery in the middle of the city if I knew this would happen.
>>
File: 1664168536756388.png (450 KB, 548x564)
450 KB
450 KB PNG
>>1745747
You did figure out what you're gonna export excess of, right anon? v65 is actually easier for trade because you don't have to negotiate a trade agreement before you can use your export depot with your (hopefully) friendly neighboring faction.
>>
>>1745762
I used to export a fuckton of bread but now my city has expanded and is eating it all instead. I'm exporting little bits and pieces of charcoal and cloth, but I also have to import vegetables and fruit so it balances itself out. Cloth will also disappear once I start making clothes.
I plan to just grow a ton of opium and be drug lord.
>>
>>1745768
>but now my city has expanded and is eating it all instead
grain -> bread production is still the best food source in terms of time to harvest to production ratio. maybe time to expand out those grain farms
>I also have to import vegetables and fruit
to satisfy food preferences or nurseries? setting food prefs like what I said here >>1745710 to just bread will force them to like it eventually. I don't even think food pref satisfaction has changed much either and the dev has gone on record to say that grain->bread is supposed to be a very good way to produce food in the longterm.
>>
>>1745498
Lizards actually hate the bugs a bit more than the other races and bugs love the lizards so even if they weren't slaves you'd be fine
>>
>>1745780
So I should just disable all foods other than bread? I could convert my one vegetable field to grain and free up manpower from hunters. I'd still need my pastures for leather, and fruit to keep the nursery running, but that's a start.
The issue is more about not being able to process the grain fast enough. The next harvest is in a day and I still have 1.4k grain in storage.
>>
>>1745782
Hate the bugs a bit less* oopsie
>>
>>1745783
If your happiness with all your populations is relatively decent (70%-80%), I don't think forcing them to just bread shouldn't be a huge issue.
>The next harvest is in a day and I still have 1.4k grain in storage
Seems like a bakery bottleneck, idk how your setup is though.
>>
File: 64536874.png (2.78 MB, 1862x742)
2.78 MB
2.78 MB PNG
>>1745788
I just made a new super bakery, it's all according to plan. I really need that charcoal upgrade but science is so fucking glacial it's not even funny. Shouldn't bo so hard to figure out that coal+fire= heat.
>>
>>1745793
Oh shit is this an island start or just a huge water source? Looks pretty cool.
>>
File: 4576834756.jpg (556 KB, 2057x1277)
556 KB
556 KB JPG
>>1745795
it's just a river
>>
>>1745802
Nice, need to start an Amevia majority city one of these days.
>>
Is there any way to utilize deep water in v66 for any useful means
>>
>ran out of clay due to remodeling the clay pit
>eventually ran out of pottery
>stored drinks keep increasing every time I look at them
>despite me not being able to restrict their usage
>tavern somehow doesn't work though
1. my brewers are magicians
2. turning drink rations to 0 might have actually worked
>>
>>1745808
fisheries get a bonus from them
>>
>>1745755
Turning access on and off ( doing it mostly for the army supply depot in older version) works but its annoying.
>>
>>1745808
Roads
>>
>4 hundred entities existing on a single map with a shit load of tight choke points
>each with their own thoughts, needs and desires
>buttery smooth 60fps
Someone fucking call Tarn Adams, he needs to hear of this.
>>
>>1745845
SoS doesn't simulate each unit's limbs, their line of sight checks, or any other z-level besides 1.
>>
>>1745848
that's all just pointless fluff though.
>>
>>1745848
Bro a single badly placed staircase can bring you PC to its knees. You're always 1 big goblin raid away from bricking your fortress, no matter if they kill you or you them.
I think it's reasonable to expect something more from a game that's like, 2 decades in the making.
>>
>struggling to keep my city of 350 fed
>no matter how many grain fields I make it never seems to be enough to last to the next harvest and they need a lot of manpower
>realize grain costs like 9 denari a pop
>I can pretty much entirely cover the cost of importing a yearly supply of grain by selling a couple chairs and tables
farming is fucking gay
time to industrialize
>>
>>1745830
You can't build anything on top, can you?
>>1745813
No, they get a bonus for "deep sea" spots adjacent to them. I meant on the deep water tiles themselves.
>>
>>1745910
No but you can place houses on land with doors facing the deep water, then build roads on that deep water. It saves land space.
>>
File: 784664253.png (1.43 MB, 1598x567)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
anyone knows why this tavern doesn't work despite being right next to a warehouse with drinks?
>>
>>1745962
Disallow drink rations
>>
File: 784664253.png (717 KB, 996x760)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>1745965
I set drink rations of every race to 0 and waited for a day but nothing has changed. The workers are just doing some random shit all the time and don't even pick up the drinks.
The influence area of the tavern looks like this for some reason.
>>
>>1745973
Don't know then, if everything else is enabled or works then maybe try changing a room without any actual changes.
>>
Disabling drink rations makes it so they can only consume drinks in taverns then? Is that only in v66 or?
>>
>>1745989
In my case they were just grabbing all the drinks before they got to tavern, I guess rations are first priority, v65
>>
>>1745979
I don't get it, no one drinks at all even with every race having drink rations at 4 which is the max as far as I know.
This is stupid. I'm just gonna export all my drinks.
>>
>>1745996
Just to make it clear.
Drink rations means grabbing from warehouse, not tavern. With 0 drink rations they can still drink in tavern.
Other problems can be: no drinks, tavern doesn't work/low priority, tavern permission in services is set to 0, tavern is too far and I guess that's all
>>
>>1746020
They're not drinking from storage either with drink rations though. It's like the drinks don't exist.
I remember when I first made a brewery people would just barge in and drink straight from the brewery storage, they stopped when I set the rations to 0 but now I can't get them to drink again.
The tavern itself is stocked with drinks, it's just that no one comes to drink them. The tavern is in the middle of the city.
>>
Fishery is bugged (again?)
>>
>build an inn
>full of humans complaining about labs
>>
>>1745893
>no matter how many grain fields I make it never seems to be enough to last to the next harvest and they need a lot of manpower
Get some pigger slaves I have a surplus even when the crops fail. Although yeah seems like trading is superior. Seems like most people stop bothering farming once they have admin and shit to trade.
>>
>>1746111
>have lab so big that i had to minmax the shape to squeeze in the last couple desks because i hit max building size
>fine stone walls
>surrounded by fine roads and trees and sculptures and shit
>still too small and unimpressive for tourists
>>
>>1746163
>Get the pop up of my city being cool enough for tourists.
>build a big fancy inn next to my throne room, court and arena.
>get ONE (1) tourist.
>she gives a shitty review, never get a single other tourist again. This was years ago.
>>
>>1746169
i havent really messed around with it that much, but highest ive had is 3 star and even then its only because they liked the inn. it seems they only ever talk about the laboratory. im assuming its still a WIP
>>
Neighboring realm keeps autodestructing every 10 years or so, what does it really mean?
>>
Fuck, can stored goods all spoiled at the same time? My wood storage suddenly all fucked while hovering around 1.5k.
>>
>>1746213
I've had certain goods where I've had massive spikes of spoilage or maintenance all at the same time. Check the gain/loss graph it tells you why if you hover over it.
>>
>>1746222
Been comfy with the new woodcutter I forgot clear cutting is there.Too bad I couldnt catch the dip since I was busy shutting down everything using wood to keep my bakery, charcoaler working.
>>
>>1746121
Piggers are super hard to please, I have 200 humans and piggers stsgnated at 60. Dondorians are really easy though, all I did is I made a dondorian militia unit and they went from 20 to 70 in a couple days, they're pretty much sitting at max loyalty too.

Still haven't figured out how to unfuck the drink and tavern situation, but at least it's a good export resource.
>>
I'm never settling an area not rich in ore again. 500 denari for one iron ingot is a fucking highway robbery.
And I need 200 just to upgrade one bakery.
>>
I have restarted a colony 4 times now. I ALWAYS run out of food and my people start dying of starvation, before I even get the first farm built. they take too long building a warehouse that they die before building a farm. Is there any build-order that i can follow for the first 30 minutes of a colony?
>>
>>1746419
Manually hunt something.
>>
>>1746419
Build enough housing, then a small warehouse (and with small, I mean 8 crates max) and manually hunt ~150 meat
And a mass grave if someone gets mauled (make it 4x4)
That should give you enough for around a year with 10 pops
>>
>>1746213
You know there's a consumption breakdown right? Click on the wood count on the right of the screen and it will open up a page of graphs, hover over the bar graph on the left and it will tell you how much was consumed vs spoiled vs construction vs maintenance etc
>>
>>1746416
it can be a bit rough yeah, youll need to keep some on hand for upkeep as well.. but on the other hand producing iron takes significant manpower that you are now free to use on other things. i dont think its as big a deal as you think it is
>>
>>1746419
Use foraging for food.
>>
I am making 200 of the other alcohol and I swear it hasn't once made it to the tavern in years i have like 80 guys on that brewery too
>>
next time I won't make just big rectangles or squares for buildings
>>
>>1746504
be the not elves and use the circle tool staggering buildings so its basically squares with room for flowers and benches welles ect in the grooves
>>
Any way to make research not take so long? I think I'll go insane before I hit the 1.2k knowledge needed for the labs boost.
>>
>>1746570
What's your pop at?
>>
>>1746591
>>
>>1746570
Humans and education
I find research to be the second largest worker draw (the first beyond food production)
>>
>>1746599
Humans? I'm at 760 human pop right now (+120 piggys) and I can suggest just staffing labs more. I think at that point you are I had 2 rooms of lab with 6~8 benches each.
>>
>>1746570
Get more researchers, obviously
>>
File: boat.png (71 KB, 1780x349)
71 KB
71 KB PNG
Boats confirmed, but in what manner?
>>
I just saw apartments are strictly shittier than houses once you start upgrading them
What was he thinking and why didn't I notice it before someone typed it out for me
>>
>>1746642
Unique buildings that can only be placed on deep water so nobody can fuck it up. Basically a much bigger export/import deport.
>>
>>1746419
Build hunters first if you have cash to buy furniture. They over-produce per worker because they have a soft cap of 15 and hunt very quickly compared to other food source. Only fishing is as idiot proof and oh shit famine button.
>>
>>1746752
There used to be a happiness penalty for some races for living with multiple people.
>>
I'm not finding the game fun. I want to make an ethnostate, aka monorace city. But the farming system is boring and seems like not a challenge.
>>
>>1746770
>buy furniture
Is there a way to buy/sell before you unlock the import/export depots? Anon is losing long before he gets to 40 people.
>>
>>1746784
Yeah, you can buy/sell directly via diplomacy but you'll need to be able to offer them something of course and you start with jack shit at the start so probably manual hunting and wood/stone clearing.
>>
>>1746770
You don't need to build hunters to hunt.
>>
What can you actually do with conquered regions before you get administration? I could hire up some mercs and conquer like 3 regions no problem, one of those is a faction I trade with but taking over their land would allow me to trade with 3 other factions.
Is there any benefit in it for me from holding those lands besides the initial spoils? They're mostly empty.
>>
>>1746793
Manual hunting is not as sustinable as 15 hunters building. Those guys are pulling it 45 meat per day to feed almost a hundred people before any tech/tool investment.

>>1746803
Nothing. Makes your neighbours hate you more so just abandon those lands until you are ready. More trade partners can help when you see one that's full of resources that you can abritage for cheap.
>>
>>1746804
I mean I would have to hold them all anyway to trade with those 3 other guys.
>>
>>1746804
Sustainability is clearly not the issue there though.
>>
Captured my first (then second) pigger village and I have no idea what I'm doing.
How do I stop population decline? How do I increase workforce?
How do I extract goods from other cities I own?
>>
>>1746856
you need admin points to do anything with the region other than raiding and enslaving/killing everyone in it
>>
>>1746860
Ah I see where I got lost, you have to click on a building again to see higher levels of it, and most level 1 buildings don't cost admin.
>>
How smart is the trading AI, can I trust it to always sell to the highest bidder and buy for the lowest price possible?
>>
>>1746752
are they? i dunno i thought they were half of what a house is for half the size, whatever i dont mind they fit in small places so i do use them somewhat often. probably not very useful to gridfags
>>
>>1746871
Yes.
>>
Can you extract regular slaves from owned cities
>>
The game is so much fucking easier once you grab a couple regions. Now that I have my wood and grain bitch boys I can finally seriously shift into a manufacturing economy and start making bank.
>>
>>1746894
All owned cities are populated exclusively by slaves when you think about it
>>
>Getting attacked by some humans, have to rush everything out the door to get an army out because they aren't attacking my capital
>Shortly after there's a slave revolt, because all my depots were on near 100% send everything mode I have fuckall gear and the slaves stole the rest
>Marshall my well trained but unequipped dudes to defend the throne
>They do the thing where they run back and forth doing nothing instead of mustering
>alt+f4
>>
>>1746946
This is why you need wide as fuck roads and warehouse specifically for equips.
>>
>>1746950
My depots emptied the armory warehouse
>>
Are soldiers wearing leather armor and using warhammers enough to conquer another town? How many would I need for the first, smaller neighbours?
>>
>>1746960
depends on what kind of neighbor we are talking about
I wouldn't risk it if it's an actual faction and not just free lands but I guess you can save scum and check.
>>
>800 pop city
>just 4 insane people
asylums are a meme
>>
>>1746957
Kek, learned my lesson as well like that. You need both having enough 2x equips (to sustain spoilage/theft) the amount of soldiers. I was mustering and they couldnt use the one in the full depots.
>back and forth retardation
The wide road is still iffy even when you got them to muster on open field and moving them into the proper urban area.
>>
Is anyone else feeling like production numbers are bugged at the moment? I'm on 066.13 if it's relevant. My production rate is below my consumption rate yet I seem to keep stacking meat, same thing was happening with Amevias on a different city where leather seemed to be appearing out of nowhere as my only production point was a hunter and the output was half what my tailor was using yet my stockpile was only going up.
>>
>>1746967
Some math mechanic between whats on production building, storage, on the road, at food stall, restaurant? Fuck if I know.
>>
>>1746963
>800 pop
>>
>the wood needed to produce the bows for one fully equipped archer is enough to build like 2-3 houses.

Equipment numbers feel wack. Why 8 items per troops? Why not fully equipped at 4? Why do we need 8 levels of equipment?
>>
>>1746980
Isn't the consumption of equipment over a year, like it's replacements or repairs?
>>
>>1746969
I've got negative meat now, I think I'm just going to update and start a new city, see if that fixes it
>>
>>1746963
>allowing subhumans into your city
A proper human 800 pop city would have a dozen or more deranged at any time
>>
>>1746967
I've had an ore mine say it's giving 61 output for ages and the chart shows it rarely hitting 50 produced
>>
>>1746999
>3 murders before I've even got a warehouse up
>Some buildings are degrading at hyper speed for reasons beyond my ken
Enough of this semen-slurping game for me today.
>>
>>1747011
I have like 600 humans right now and there are only 3 insane people, one of which isn't even human.
>>
>notice piles of cum showing up all over the city
>zoom in
>tribute caravans just dump cotton all over the place because the warehouse is overloaded
>>
>>1747023
They did a tribute alright.
>>
>>1747013
>Some buildings are degrading at hyper speed for reasons beyond my ken
Vandalism, pops are extremely criminal now at the start of a game
>>
>>1747064
Seems to have been fixed. I started a game a day after people were complaining about that and didn't have any crime until I unlocked the buildings.
>>
can I disable the hospital tech after I've built one?
>>
>>1747100
You'll be unable to do maintenance on the building after ditching the tech, so it will degrade.
>>
>>1747100
Just keep it if youre industrializing, I had multiple deaths and accidents in a row from training room, claypit, ore mine and the textile thing made me -65 pop. Not too mention my 8 bed hospital was outta opium.
>>
orchids are kinda crazy
>>
>tilapis are dryad-elven like race
>love trees
>supposed to have been created in ancient times to protect an important forest
>they also are in to bows
>tilapi vs tilapi fight in the forest
>can't fire the bows because trees block the line of sight

Sasuga
>>
how viable is using Sithilion as a trade crutch?
>>
>>1747226
No one bought it much last time I had a decent 39% deposit mine, I just made them as offering and giving the people access to it. Not sure now, probably gonna be raiders bait since its contribute to "riches" of your city.
>>
>>1747286
Is 39% much for sithilion? It sounds like that's not a real deposit.
>>
>>1747013
Make sure your game is updated to the most current patch, this was fixed for most of us a few days ago
>>
File: 20240503211740_1.jpg (622 KB, 1920x1080)
622 KB
622 KB JPG
I may have a problem.
>>
>>1747013
Youre playing the beta, that's a known bug that murders are very very high with humans for some reason go back to .65
>>
>>1747367
deepsea was a bug, he meant to put 1.2 instead put .2 no idea why its 0.00 on yours, .65 is stable why are people playing .66 anyway
>>
>>1747446
>why are people playing .66 anyway
The new content? Are you retarded?
>>
>>1747450
What new content is worth all the game breaking bugs, Ive heard nothing but bug after bug on the new .66 update.
>>
>>1746882
Apartments fit one person in 1.8 tiles
Houses (and the long version) fit one person in 1.66 tiles
Learned that in the description of a recent mod that makes them equal but in hindsight it should have been obvious
>>1747446
>why are people playing .66
New features, and any big bugs are fixed the next day at most but usually within a few hours
>>
>>1744361
Expanded a bit more around the temple
>>
>>1747446
Oh, that's a relief. I was worried I'd fucked up my whole city by building that road and blocking off the fisheries.
>>
File: why.png (186 KB, 342x245)
186 KB
186 KB PNG
>>1747505
>0 export/input depots
>0 warehouses
Bruh
>>
File: new hotfix.png (312 KB, 837x389)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
>>
File: WoodElf_Sheet02.jpg (574 KB, 1550x1400)
574 KB
574 KB JPG
>>1747216
They're meant top be Bosmer, desu.

>Woodland Elves
>Cannibalistic.
>Good with bows.
>Territorial and racist.

Being green is just windowdressing.
>>
>>1747526
Actually you're right I'm going to move the warehouse closer next time I play
However I can't fit every single depot in the docks because you can't build on the part that is deep sea
>>
>>1747546
WTF I love tilapia now
also the not-elves from the game but the fish is pretty good
>>
>>1747216
Wait does this mean I have to create areas of open plains to freely fight people? Sounds like a pain
>>
I can't believe I ever tried to quarry stone myself. I'm getting 722 per month from a tier 1 quarry on a conquered village.
>>
File: new port syx.jpg (787 KB, 1343x981)
787 KB
787 KB JPG
>>1747570
New city port
>>
>>1747642
wait until you get a sythilion mine
>>
>>1747642
yup, making shit yourself is the troglodyte option in this game

always buy or conquer
>>
>>1747642
Sorry, per DAY
>>
>>1747291
Not sure, in all my city its the highest one I've found and its one of those global map deposit icon too. I could probably try to find higher ones but I usually just go and try to live with what map square I've chosen, except one time I tried desert. kek.
>>
>>1747216
Archers are fucked either way. I've had my one melee regiment do a spiral around an enemy regiment of archers for a solid minute instead of attacking because being hit with just 1 arrow completely breaks the AI.
>>
I am having all my intellectual work done by slaves because that's funny.
How do I maximize the amount of human slaves I can safely keep? I want a very resilient system.
>>
>>1747680
Be talapi and eat them at a rate that humans only live one year as an adult before being turned into food. Can you imagine a kindergartener rebeling? Of course not so just keep eating the 5 year olds and there will be no problem. Besides I hear the neck is especially tender during that age
>>
>>1747680
Don't accept human citizens because they will chimp out because of the presence of x10 times as many human slaves
>>
>>1747707
OK that makes sense, but how do I make them submissive and breedable? (not literally obviously since no citizens)
>>
>Open Dev tools
>Spawn 2.5k humans at start before anything else
Lets get nuts
>>
>>1747712
How are you doing today Jake? The music in your last video was quite unhinged.
>>
>main human pop requires executions to be happy
>cretonians, which are like 9% of the population are NOT happy with this
>starting to see brawls in the streets
race war NOW
>>
>>1747714
Is that what he does?
>>
>>1747720
In the last dev diary he drew a bunch of graphs by spawning in humans with dev tools
>>
File: 1701626284749642.jpg (36 KB, 406x527)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>cretonians are mad because I keep executing people
>imprison 1/5th of their population to prepare and genocide them out of the city
>cretonians become happy
problem solved
>>
>>1747767
Yakub incarnate..
>>
File: yakub comic.png (275 KB, 587x571)
275 KB
275 KB PNG
>>1747926
>>
Anyone know how long it takes for trees to grow/spread in a forested area? Or are they gone once I cut them? Can the forests expand? Im playing tilapi and Im starting near a plain/forest boundry and want to know if I have to grow towards the plain or if I can go into the forest without worrying about no trees soon.
>>
>>1747809
well theres your answer just keep executing cretonians and everything will be fine, they were just upset they werent included in your festivities
>>
>>1747945
>Anyone know how long it takes for trees to grow/spread in a forested area?
Pretty fast prior to v66. Now its like taking 3/4 year to regrow into usable wood.
>Or are they gone once I cut them?
No
> Can the forests expand?
Somewhat, you need irrigate the area and it will grow (only tested on v65) but I feel like its slower compared to naturally occurring ones and not as dense.
>>
I have no idea how to make any region progress past 5k pop for the 4th town hall tier. I managed to make one region cap off at 4.5k, but I don't see a way to progress.
>>
I don't get one thing. Some resource nodes on map might not worth the effort ? Or you need to focus on stuff hard
>>
>>1747962
The 30% ones will be under half as efficient as the ones with world map icons which average around 70%, it might be worth it to have those workers do something else that will bring profit and import the resources instead. I personally import all my apples because the orchards are a pain to set up and they are rather cheap, its better to have people in my wood/furniture trade instead, I just make another workshop to pay for the apples and mostly consist on a meat diet
>>
>>1747975
Huh, okay. Makes sense really.
>>
We're nearly archived and no one has posted a decent city yet. Someone do the next OP with their own aesthetic? Mine is still shit due to v66 bug delays
>>
In the last dev video the guy said he'd make the game a bit less difficult cause he couldn't get a single town off the ground himself, I'm 10 minutes into v66, I've had 2 people mauled, 2 people died of cold and 3 murders, in 10 minutes.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.