[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/m/ - Mecha

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

"Pudgy Pig, the Other White Meat" Edition

>Power Rangers Cosmic Fury:
Currently available on Netflix

>Official YouTube Channels:
https://www.youtube.com/@PowerRangersOfficial

>Boom Comics Recent Releases/Announcements:
- MMPR
- Ranger Academy
- MMPR: The Return
- Godzilla vs. MMPR II

>Power Rangers: Legacy Wars Recent Releases:
- Zenith Ranger/Zayto: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fObYr1jJfw4
- Pink Lightspeed Rescue Ranger/Dana Mitchell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3ocUbSOLM0
- Red Ninja Ranger/Rocky DeSantos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSvbv-Zdd4

>24/7 Streams:

>Previous Thread:
>>22535398
>>
>>22578536
So Madame Woe is the closest to tasting like human flesh right?
>>
Damn, 7 and a half hours for a new post.
>>
>>22579183
You could even say that it's over.
>>
>>22579178
Do you think he made turtle soup out of Shellshock?
>>
>Can't repair Alpha
>Z-Bomb doesn't purify and is actually lethal
Is it safe to say The Return's Billy is the least intelligent Billy?
>>
>>22578536
>/prg/ thread
>OP is /co/ shit
It's over...
>>
>>22578536
>>24/7 Streams:
Why do you include this in the OP if you never post links to any 24/7 streams?
>>
>>22579994
Because the info was lost when someone decided to be a smart ass with the OP for one thread, and I didn't want to just axe it entirely, so I've been hoping someone would be helpful enough to provide the link to one so I (or whoever makes the next one) can include it in the next thread.
>>
So with power rangers shedding off it's tokusatsu roots, do you think they will westernize it to the point that it loses its original appeal? Just look at the 2017 power ranger movie, it's more like a sci-fi movie with the actors wearing generic sci-fi armor body suit and cgi zords that looks it came from the transformers movie. And it's more gritty and serious.
The main appeal of tokusatsu is that it doesn't take itself too serious and embrace the silliness of it's premise. It's basically people in tight suits pretend-fighting rubber suit monsters with toyetic weapons and foam 'robot' fighting a rubber suit monster over a miniature city. It's stupid but it works.
The question now is will power ranger retains that tokusatsu core or will they abandon it also?
>>
>>22580340
As much as that makes me dread the future, I don't really see the point of worrying
We're still a long way before any news
>>
>>22580340
>it loses its original appeal
Anon, in the eyes of everyone but the diehard fans who watch anything with the PR logo attached, it lost its original appeal a long time ago.
>>
>>22578461
>I wouldn't be surprised if they did pull a Force Ghost moment for Tommy at the end.
"Kim, Olivia... Just remember, it's always Morphin' Time in your hearts..."
>>
>>22580340
I want something closer to A-Squad aesthetics. I still want color-coded armor for each member, but I want them to be techno-organic instead of spandex. The 2017 PR movie costumes didn't really catch my attention.

I just want PR to be able to capture the best elements of the best seasons like Space, Time Force, Ninja Storm, RPM but with more Western designs. I want to see Pacific Rim-esque mecha battles. I hope somebody can finally do this soon because it's long overdue.
>>
>>22570708
saban always favored actors that were physically fit and trained not necessarly martial artists both old saban era and neo saban a lot of the actors are dancers or gymnasts. it's mainly the disney era where they are actors first and everything else second so a lot of the could barely run a mile with a gun to their head.
>>
File: Riverdale Zeo_Colors.jpg (2.28 MB, 3000x3374)
2.28 MB
2.28 MB JPG
Can't wait for the crossover
>>
>>22578536
TMNT just recently got some fan service beat em up game. I wish power rangers did stuff like this. The Console Fighting game doesn’t feel as extensive as this serious could be, even with guest characters like Ryu and chicken thigh girl. I really hope this franchise isn’t dead even if it takes a bit for a revival
>>
>>22581933
>The Console Fighting game doesn’t feel as extensive as this serious could be, even with guest characters like Ryu and chicken thigh girl.
I know there was some behind the scenes drama that caused production on Battle For the Grid to end, but I still can't believe there wasn't a single In Space character on the roster yet.
>>
>>22580618
The reason I love seasons from in Space to RPM is that they feel the most Tokusatsu, so it's no wonder when people who think MMPR is the only one that matters and it really doesn't scream tokusatsu let alone Sentai for me.

>>22580799
>I want something closer to A-Squad aesthetics. I still want color-coded armor for each member, but I want them to be techno-organic instead of spandex. The 2017 PR movie costumes didn't really catch my attention.
So the 1995 movie suits but better. That's how I'd imagine the reboot/original suits. not exactly PVC motocross armor but rather light armor, like what Sentai is doing. I'd always use Kamen Rider W suit as an inspiration of how it might look like.
>>
>>22581069
I finally realized one of the reasons PR acting is considered career suicide. Maybe Hollywood looks at these people as stuntmen level, not stars.
>>
>>22582020
It's career suicide because you don't make the connections you need to get bigger in Hollywood because of how separate Saban kept everything and how much control he had. It's probably telling that most of the ones that made it are from the Disney seasons.
>>
>>22580340
>So with power rangers shedding off it's tokusatsu roots, do you think they will westernize it to the point that it loses its original appeal?
>The question now is will power ranger retains that tokusatsu core or will they abandon it also?

That's not even a question. Fully original works can't even maintain their own tone between sequels, let alone reboots. A hybrid like Power Rangers never stood a chance.

The real question is if the reboot will manage to be entertaining on its own merits, in spite of everything going against it.

Obviously it's better to reserve judgment until news and photos start rolling in, but I'm not going to get my hopes up any time soon.
>>
>>22581958
Honestly. Andros and Tj are legendary (the whole team but mainly them) and the Psycho Rangers would have made for a great villain even if they just gave us one
>>
>>22582145
I have faith in a reboot. They can keep it campy with slightly more adult themes. Power rangers doesn’t need to go full blown in edgy but it could lose some of the cheese.
>>
>>22582020
It's career suicide because starring on a kid show or a sci-fi show almost always gets you branded for that role for life. Look at how almost all the Babylon 5 cast were known for their Babylon 5 roles forever, why everybody on Classic Doctor Who who wasn't Bonnie Langford ended up with no job and doing conventions to make ends meet, how Miranda Cosgrove never found any success outside of Nick and voicing some cartoon movies. Once in a while, you get a Ryan Gosling, but those are exceptions.
>>
Lmao
>>
>>22583007
Why are they hating on our Daddy bear ASJ? If people really hate him over the Hitler thing they need to have that same energy with things like Family Guy that do far worse jokes about very episode
>>
>>22581819
>Veronica
>Green
>Not Gold
You had one job anon...
>>
>>22583268
>Daddy bear ASJ
This is why I like Sentai more. More cute androgynous twinks instead of Steven Seagal lookalikes.
>>
>>22583268
Matt Austin doesn't have to worry about being in the same room as Family Guy.
>>
>>22583311
Imagine thinking men looking like men is an issue
>>
>>22583311
Thanks for letting me know not to take you seriously from this point on.
>>
>>22583317
It’s virtue signaling mainly. Was it in bad taste? Yes but to say ASJ is a literal nazi is stupid.
>>
>>22583337
He never even ended up using the quotes for his t-shirts.
>>
>>22583358
So then why does everyone hate him? Omg. #stopthehatetrain. With Tommy dead, Jason is the only one who can be the face of the franchise
>>
>>22583317
It's so funny how desperate he is to get back to it and how many times ASJ ended up coming back.
>>
>>22583360
The only other thing was those government loans which I never ended up hearing what the result whether it was actual fraud or not. I can't imagine everyone hating is such an IRS stooge so it's gotta be something else. Maybe he's an ass at conventions, or took too much attention away from other PR actors at cons. Maybe he's a republican which is enough to get Wes' actor hate for DARING to follow a rightwing account on his instagram. They're just looking for reasons to get rid of him, if the quotes were actual cause they would've dropped it already.
>>
>>22583368
That’s stupid. I’m gay and Hispanic and vote republican all the time. Thing get way too reactionary with political shit. I’ve been called a nazi before for having conservative views. I wish things weren’t so PC
>>
>>22583320
>>22583322
Well excuse me for not liking baras.
>>
>>22583007
I can't believe Bridge hate Jason
>>
>>22583376
>I’m gay and Hispanic
The absolute state
>>
>>22582255
>I have faith in a reboot. They can keep it campy with slightly more adult themes.
Sure they can, but will they? Experience shows that they'll remove all the camp and cheese in an attempt to make the franchise more like contemporary shows/movies. Less silliness played straight, more cynical self-deprecation. Like I said, it's not like anything is concrete yet, but it's an eventuality I'm not enthusiastic for.
>>
>>22582338
Man, child actors (on child show) are kinda fucked arent they. Sure they get easy money early on, but if they get complacent they'll be stuck in the dump forever with no other skill because they spent most of their youth sucking cocks.
>>
>>22582338
>Miranda Cosgrove
I saw her doing a Mr Beast video and I was like "Holy shit she really had to scrape by huh?
>>
>>22583526
>>22583545
Makes you wonder why you don't see all these Nick/Disney Channel actors do cons every other week like PR actors. Occasionally you see a few of them do a 90s themed con, but that's it. You can't even say it's an issue of dignity, because plenty of these former actors embarrass themselves all the time online or in the news. What stops the Ned's Declassified cast from going to conventions and getting free money from autographs, instead of doing a podcast where they talk about blowjobs all days?
https://twitter.com/PopBase/status/1726086012496216339
>>
If they still don't have anything for 2025, do you think they could just re-air SPD?
>>
>>22584193
Re-air where?
>>
File: Movie_Mordant.jpg (380 KB, 917x688)
380 KB
380 KB JPG
What was the deal with Mordant? Was there ever a reason given to bring a new monster in, instead or as well as keeping Squatt or the rest?
>>
File: IT'S.png (820 KB, 616x657)
820 KB
820 KB PNG
Which episode of SPD is your favorite?
>>
>>22584339
Pigs are cute and they needed a more cute comedic relief monster.
>>
>>22584339
It's honestly a mystery. One can assume they didn't see Squatt and Baboo as important enough characters, or maybe they didn't want to spend the money on giving Zedd and Rita an entire crew of minions, but you'd think if they were going to give Goldar a comic relief sidekick that they'd at least want to stick with a familiar face and use Squatt, or heck, even Finster. Or pick a really popular monster like King Sphinx and use them. Or even make Goldar the comic relief one and use Scorpina as the straightman. Or, since they just reduced Goldar to out-of-character comic relief himself anyway and he doesn't have a fight scene, ditch Goldar and just make Zedd and Rita's minions Squatt and Baboo. However you look at it, Mordant makes no sense.
>>
>>22584339
We'll never know, it was never said anywhere. Like this >>22584527 black guy with his hair dyed blond said there's no reason for him to exisit.
It might as well be someone on the production team wanted Pudgy Pig there while another wanted Squatt and Baboo and they both left and their notes got mixed up
>>
>>22584339
>>22584527
Pretty sure he was meant to be original for the movie. The movie is its own thing and had it been more successful im sure they would have had a mighty morphin movie universe along side the show. The Pig could have been one of many potential exclusive movie monsters
>>
File: IMG_6412.gif (1.31 MB, 400x222)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB GIF
There’s this part in the movie where he makes this fat dude dance for his entertainment. The fat guy is all mind fucked and obeys. I think this gave me a submissive hypno fetish but I’m not sure. Out of all the Ranger media I consume this is the one thing that I always found to be super erotic.
>>
Why did PR full out of public grace while something like Pokemon became normalized? People think you're weird if you're an adult who still watches Power Rangers, even just on a casual level instead of a fanboy one. Meanwhile, there are guys who make a living or spend every moment of their lives filming themselves play Pokemon, competing in Pokemon tournaments, or opening Pokemon cards, and nobody bats an eye at that. How did Pokemon win while we lose?
>>
>>22584673
Power Rangers isn’t as massive or marketable. Plenty of adult fans are known in the community for different reasons like having collectables, doing reviews or theories or even just becasue people enjoy their content and regardless if they agree with their power rangers take. Power rangers just isn’t as popular. Pokémon is massive so it’s not as weird.
>>
>>22584677
But even besides Pokemon, there are other shows for little kids that get a pass while PR doesn't. Talk to your co-workers about Mr. Rogers, and they'll share warm memories about watching the show or what a great guy Mr. Rogers was. Talk to them about PR, and they'll roll their eyes if you mention anything besides the shit everyone knows about like Rita Repulsa.
>>
>>22584551
>oh the things I've missed... the Holocaust!

How did this get through Saban
>>
>>22584681
Yes and no. I think people just associate power rangers with the super campy aspect it has and forget about the monsters, giant robots weapons and fights. I’m 27 my best friends know I like power rangers even if they can’t relate. Nothing wrong with having interests in power rangers.
>>
File: 18ApTv5.jpg (113 KB, 855x885)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
JDF was refusing to attend the same cons as ASJ before it was cool.
>>
>>22584902
Yeah but that’s out of petty bullshit no one cares about. He had a macho alpha mindset and hated that ASJ was beloved
>>
>>22584347
Tie between Perspective, Reflection and Impact. SPD had such a great mix of comedic and intense character episodes.
>>
File: kimberly-what.gif (880 KB, 450x338)
880 KB
880 KB GIF
>>22584538
>this black guy with his hair dyed blond
>>
The original rangers are old as fuck. There’s so many who love the franchise and would love to be a character in a new reboot series. The girl who played the yellow Ranger after Trini is always with the girl who plays Kat why can’t they bring them back as a teacher or something
>>
>>22585071
>why can’t they bring them back as a teacher or something
That was Dino Thunder, anon.
>>
>>22585071
They don't keep in shape like the Sentai dudes do. Everyone's so paunchy. Meanwhile they're doing Dekaranger 20th and everyone's looking pretty decent.
>>
Sex with Rinne.
>>
>>22585150
Yeah! Who's that?
>>
>>22585211
I think he's talking about that one girl from Kamen Rider.
>>
>>22585071
The old franchise is dead. No more connectivity. Next series will be a fresh start. Even the 2017 movie meshes with the mainline shit via the mobile game app
>>
>>22585247
To be fair, while this was the intent at one point, who knows anymore. This won't be 100% confirmed until the new thing comes out and it's blatantly a reboot.
>>
>>22585259
Even if it’s standalone and they don’t connect with the older series we already know there’s multiple universes/tiemlines that are canon. It could be stand alone for like 4 seasons and then have a big reveal where some helper from another world has been giving the main team tips. The big reveal would be someone we know like Billy or Dr K or anyone really. I don’t mind a reboot having its own continuity though
>>
>>22583392
It's called Florida
>>
>>22584339
Even though his existence in the movie makes no sense, I always thought it would've been neat if the TV show had repurposed him like it did with the Tenga Warriors and made him a minion of Master Vile's.
>>
File: YES.png (1.48 MB, 974x1461)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
What the actual fuck, bro?
Are these pillows an actual thing?
I legit thought this was just some 2ch/4chan meme made up by horny anons.
>>
>The end of Darkest Hour and the modern Power Rangers comics era will change things forever! Earth, the last bastion of hope, is not so safe after all… As the long-awaited DARKEST HOUR event comes to a close, and Dark Specter, the Rangers' greatest villain, overtakes them, the Morphin Grid is saturated with infection, and they're running out of time! Every surviving Ranger will have to band together if they hope to save their home– and their friends. While a select few Rangers with the ability to withstand the dark magic might be able to provide a frail hope for the armies of planet Earth, it will take something truly powerful and unexpected to purge the evil for good… Fan-favorite writer Melissa Flores (Spider-Gwen: Smash) and superstar lineup of artists Simona Di Gianfelice (Firefly: Return to the Earth That Was), Marco Renna (Rogue Sun), and Valeria Favoccia (By A Thread) deliver an explosive end of an era for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! Collects Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #119-122, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Darkest Hour #1.

JUST FUCKING GET ON WITH IT ALREADY
WE FIGURED THIS WAS LEADING TO A SOFT REBOOT SINCE THE MOMENT MISTRESS VILE WAS EVEN A THING
>>
>>22587611
>In the next episode, the Rangers have trouble with Pachinko Head.
>>
Got a lore question for the oldfags here, since I’m a zillennial that started watching towards the end of Ninja Storm/start of Dino Thunder around 4-5 years old, and haven’t finished MMPR yet; can Zordon strip somebody of their powers once he gives them, or is the big head just fucked if he chose poorly? Is this ever answered in the show? I’ve read most of the Boom Studios comics and don’t remember if this ever comes up there (yes I know it’s technically a different canon but some version of the show events at least up to Green With Evil happened, not the point anyway)
>>
File: RCO024_1585435781.jpg (746 KB, 1332x2048)
746 KB
746 KB JPG
>>22587707
Zordon tells the Rangers to follow his three rules "or lose the protection of the Power," but no one ever acts up enough where that becomes an issue. There is this moment in the old Hamilton comics, though, and it makes sense that Zordon would be able to do something like this.
>>
>>22587725
Huh. So why did he do nothing when Tommy trashed the command center?
>>
File: austinstj.png (9 KB, 68x63)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>22587725
>"You want anything from us, you gotta pay! Union scale!"
Nice in-joke.
>>
>>22587806
He didn't give Tommy his powers.
>>
>>22587823
Technically he would have. Rita stole the dragon power coin a long time ago, iirc.
But it's beyond the point, because Zordon didn't give them their power in the kind of fashion that would allow takesy-backsies like that.
>>
What was Zordon's plan in the long run? We never see him attempt to construct a new more fortified dumpster to contain Rita in, or suggest a more permanent solution to stop the weekly monster attacks. Was he just hoping that maybe the forces of evil will tire themselves out?
>>
>>22587895
I liked the 2017 movie having Rita be the Green Ranger and betraying Zordon and the others. There needs to be a contingency in case a Ranger goes rogue.
>>
>>22587961
>What was Zordon's plan in the long run?
Seeing as he, for all intents and purposes, exists outside of time in his normal state - he was probably planning to be 'the eternal shield.'
>>
>>22587990
Isn't that a bad plan that doesn't take the Rangers' friends and family into account, especially when the outcome is that Angel Grove experiences its own 9/11 every single week?
>>
>>22588005
But all the fights take place in the abandoned high rise district.
>>
>>22587961
Presumably to keep fending off monster attacks until Rita eventually escalates to the point where he can justify a more definitive solution to her.

His no-escalation rule is dumb.
>>
>>22588007
It was always my headcanon that Zordon cordoned the Zord battles with monsters by somehow trans-dimensionally displacing the civilians from the actual plane of existence where the giant fights took place.
>>
>>22587895
>Zordon didn't give them their power in the kind of fashion that would allow takesy-backsies like that.
Zordon's not going to tell the Rangers they'll lose their powers as a consequence of not following his rules if he has no way of backing that up.
>Technically he would have. Rita stole the dragon power coin a long time ago, iirc.
Anon, if Zordon had the ability to strip the Green Ranger of his powers, Rita wouldn't have made the Green Ranger's literal first mission "immediately go to Zordon."
>>
>>22587725
I always found this funny contrasted with the Hate Master episode, where Zordon takes a wait-and-see approach, despite admitting the Rangers could eventually kill each other, and gets his signal shut down as a result. I wonder if he would have been more proactive if the Rangers insulted him like in the comic.
>>
It's been one year since Once & Always released. How are we feeling about the special now?
>>
>>22590331
Meh
>>
>>22590331
Clearly a labor of love, and it was great seeing/hearing David, Walter, and Barbara again, and there are some really cool moments in it, but when it makes a bad or dumb decision, goddamn is it a bad or dumb decision.
>>
>>22590331
waste of time and money
>>
File: GLlz6WGbIAA8eFW.jpg (303 KB, 791x1200)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
Kaiju Rangers
>>
>>22590331
literal waste of all of our time. Shunning JDF, locking him out of a payday that he needed to deal with his divorce. Ultimately it may have led to his suicide. The only good thing we got out of it was Billy finally getting some spotlight time.
>>
Seeing all of this zordon talk and rules of the ranger code, hypothetically what toku heroes (or mecha even) would he freak out over their “unorthodox ways” in comparison with the rangers?
>>
>>22590331
It was ok for what it was. Some mixed messaging ("hey Mihn revenge is bad, btw this is for Trini"), inevitable Netflixisms and it'd have been better not to have a Megazord fight at all than the atrocious CGI one we ended up getting.
>>
>>22590331
Would have been terrible but Walter honestly infused it with a lot of soul and single handedly made it enjoyable.
>>
>>22591005
Thought it was fucked that Billy was responsible for Trini's death, but Zack was the one who had to drop everything to become Mihn's surrogate dad.
>>
>>22591270
>Thought it was fucked that Billy was responsible for Trini's death
And Alpha's. Billy has a bigger on-screen body count than Rita and Zedd do.
>>
>>22591270
>>22591280
Billy wasn't really responsible for Trini's death. Alpha's, sure (and it's fucked that they never acknowledge it). But he never placed Trini in harm's way, she chose to sacrifice herself after Rita got pissed.

What's worse is that Billy in the end decides to TRY AGAIN the entire thing that resulted in Trini dying though.
>>
>>22591292
Anon... Billy is the entire reason there's even a Robo-Rita for Trini to sacrifice herself to.
>What's worse is that Billy in the end decides to TRY AGAIN the entire thing that resulted in Trini dying though.
Yeah, this felt totally tone-deaf. Like if Frankenstein ended with Dr. Frankenstein going "I bet I'll get it right the second time!" And then Cosmic Fury vaguely validates this as a good thing.
>>
>>22591297
>Anon... Billy is the entire reason there's even a Robo-Rita for Trini to sacrifice herself to.
You're right, I brainfarted lol
>>
>>22590896
Mothra Kimberly looks the best
Will probably look up Japanese reactions later
>>
>>22590896
Curious who got to design them
>>
>>22590896
>Mighty Diarrhea
Boring
>>
>>22591600
Freddie Williams according to Matt Frank Even though neither are on interiors

>>22591679
Aside from the Dragon Shield and belts, they don't come across as too obnoxiously MMPR derived
Mothra Pink especially sticks out
>>
File: KO-35 Salute.png (822 KB, 717x898)
822 KB
822 KB PNG
>>22591679
This.
Where are my Space Rangers comics?
>>
>>22590985
Kamen Riders, Redman, 80% of Sentai since half of them don't care for secret identities, always escalate the fight, and let monsters go ahead and kill civies before doing something. Not to mention the amount of infighting Kamen Riders have on a weekly basis.
>>
File: FWsAPvmVEAAsGni.jpg (597 KB, 2048x1574)
597 KB
597 KB JPG
>>22591727
Have you forgotten already?
>>
>>22591744
I said this before and I'll say this again, had they gotten an artist who WASN'T a Russian fujo, how much less homoerotic would the script have come across as
>>
>>22590985
https://youtu.be/Z1q2Vq0sQDk
>>
>>22590896
In case anyone's wondering, yes the way Trini's drawn is a reference to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR91SbzmCp0
>>
File: GLoi2-faUAA_RJM.jpg (497 KB, 1125x1698)
497 KB
497 KB JPG
>>22590896
For those curious
Jason's Rodan
Kimberly's Mothra
Billy's Anguirus
Trini's Baragon
Zack's King Caesar
Tommy's Godzilla
Psycho's (yes, they're in this one, the dimension hopping cliffhanger is explored more and now there's a White Ranger Tommy is involved) get villainous Kaiju with Yellow being Ghidorah
Honestly the interiors are kind of the polar opposite of Freddie Williams' for better and for worse, I don't mind it entirely but I can easily understand why people would consider this a downgrade
>>
>>22587961
Maybe he wanted to have the Rangers train against Rita to develop their skills and experience before stronger enemies across the universe could set their sights on Earth

That's why he didn't give them shit like the Mega Voyager or the Delta Megaship right off the bat
>>
>>22591782
But that's still pretty reckless when the lives of Angel Grove civilians are on the line. And why do it now instead of in the 10,000 years when Rita was asleep? It didn't occur to him to build a training room a millennia or two earlier and use that to create warriors strong enough to fight Dark Specter?
>>
Maybe the reason it's taking so long to reboot PR is because it's hard to figure out how to make Zordon not look retarded. Ten thousand years, and his primary tactic was grabbing 5 kids with no combat experience and hope for the best? At least the 2017 movie decided he was also incapacitated for all of Rita's downtime instead of just sitting around.
>>
File: FWsAPvlVQAA-dnQ.jpg (530 KB, 1332x2048)
530 KB
530 KB JPG
>>22591748
At least 25% less homo.
>>
>>22591850
Something the comics did to justify it (i.e. the attempt with adults went horribly despite their resumes, sans the singer, because they all hated each other immediately) reminds me of this obscure Nickelodeon show called The Troop which is about an organization of monster fighters that enlist teenagers. It tried to rationalize this by explaining that adulthood causes a drastic drop of courage only youth could have. There was an episode where the mentor is reunited with his old colleagues from his days of being on the front-lines and while they're living off rich while he's stuck as a High School principal, they envied him still having a secret life of fighting monsters (albeit as a mentor) and even arm themselves up for old time's sake. It doesn't go well and they experience much more fear compared to the main cast of teens.
>>
>>22587961
There really wasn't one. Good and Evil had been fighting for millions of years, and were not gonna stop anytime soon if ever given it's implied to just be a constant of the universe that's required to keep it turning. The Rangers were just there to counter Rita on yet another good vs evil battlefield since it had spread to Earth.
>>
>>22590928
JDF shunned himself when he basically told Hasbro to fuck off after they told him they weren't interested in working with him. On the other hand, Hasbro fucked themselves with that, since if they had and had JDF on hand they probably could have much more to successfully milk once they gave up on their original plans and having PR might have given JDF reason to keep on living at least for awhile.

Now it's pretty much over, alot of fans I knew checked out permanently now that they know Tommy is never coming back and I really don't think this reboot is ever happening despite Hasbro's insistence.
>>
>>22591788
>It didn't occur to him to build a training room a millennia or two earlier and use that to create warriors strong enough to fight Dark Specter?

One nice addition Boom introduced, derivative though it may be, was giving the Command Center its own Danger Room. Not entirely necessary, but it helps sell the idea Zordon wasn't just letting the Morphin Grid teach the teens what they needed on the battlefield.
>>
File: kreia2.png (438 KB, 669x678)
438 KB
438 KB PNG
>>22592207
But why is it required to keep the universe turning? It's not as if the endless conflict helps or benefits anyone. And you can say that it's meant to be beyond human understanding, that evil will exist in some form or another, but letting a populated city suffer endless monster attacks instead of coming up with a decisive strategy against it isn't "good" by any means. If you have the resources that can stop evil at its source, and you don't use it because of arbitrary rules vaguely explained, aren't you just prolonging evil instead of letting good triumph?

At the very least, Zordon could've ordered Alpha to build a bunker or two so Angel Grove civilians would have a sanctuary.
>>
>>22592237
Seems like Zordon mentoring Billy in ayylmao tech could be a good way to show that too and explains later seasoms. I cant remember if he does in the show or boom cause it seems like an obvious idea.

>>22592247
This is the kind of thing Id love to see in a reboot or something. Ir boom if boom didnt go off the rails.
>>
>>22590896
I never thought Id see american OC rangers I actually loved again. I only know Freddie Williams from this and the MotU TMNT crossover minicomics (I barely read shit) but he seems cool.
>>
>>22591775
Please tell me someone gets Hedorah.
>>
>>22591775
Zack and King Ceasar is a nice nod to the Shisa the Thunder Megazord Adam had.
>>
>>22590469
Wow, no love for Steve, Catherine, Johnny and Karan?
>>
>>22592247
I feel like that's an existential question that's way too realistic to cover in PR.

>>22592506
>I cant remember if he does in the show or boom cause it seems like an obvious idea.

It's heavily implied that he's learning by osmosis, given how he practically usurps Alpha's maintenance role by Zeo. But yeah, it's nice that's been explicitly shown in this continuity.
>>
>>22592247
I feel like the show operates on an unspoken assumption that the Rangers don't have the resources to attack the moon palace successfully, it'd be too heavily guarded, so just defeating the monsters each week and hoping to win a war of attrition is the best Zordon can do.
>>
>>22593439
Yes and the professor couldn't just patch the hole in the boat
>>
>>22593353
Nothing against them, it was nice seeing them again, but Steve, Catherine, and Johnny have come back for various team ups and anniversaries over the years. We'd just seen Steve and Catherine fairly recently in Dimensions In Danger. We hadn't seen Walter and David since they left in Season 2 and Zeo, so their return was a bigger deal. Fair point with Karan, but it's not like Aisha actually did anything in Once & Always.
>>
>>22593439
>the Rangers don't have the resources to attack the moon palace successfully, it'd be too heavily guarded
Until they just waltz in the front door in Once & Always and fucking execute Rita with a shotgun blast to the face.
>>
>>22593469
>We'd just seen Steve and Catherine fairly recently in Dimensions In Danger.
To be fair, they were almost set dressing compared to how much they got to do in O&A.
>>
>Hasbro is licensing the toys to fucking Playmates now
JFC
>>
>>22583376
>I’m gay and Hispanic and vote republican
kek I have a coworker who is also gay, latino and republican and he's the funniest person I ever met in my life.
>>
>>22593469
>Aisha
Speaking of, is she still obese?
>>
>>22593470
That was after it's been abandoned for 30 years.
>>
>>22593676
True, but... I dunno, I don't actually like that Kat and Rocky are in Once & Always, at least as Rangers. The special has a very clear "SEASON 1 ONLY" vibe to it, which their presence ruins. Instead of Kimberly mourning and avenging her best friend, we get Kat, who never met Trini (at least on screen), and that sort of thing. But then, despite their presence, we don't get mentions of anything else from Seasons 2 or 3 of MMPR. Tommy doesn't use the Master Morpher/White Ranger powers, Ninjor doesn't get referenced despite new Power Coins being made, Robo-Rita never mentions Zedd either affectionately or as a regret... It's just jarring. There's a weird disconnect between everything.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (79 KB, 900x900)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
What now?
>>
File: 1490632911256.png (143 KB, 277x251)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>22594651
What do you think?
>>
>>22594651
Nothing it's over
>>
>>22594651
MMPR animated movie with Zordon being a sassy fat black woman
>>
>>22580340
Power Rangers is fucking dead, the fans and the franchise itself has poisoned its own waters and salted the earth to the point any new potential fan would just go "Eugh, Power Rangers?" without even caring about the quality of the content whatsoever.

Now don't get me wrong I don't expect anything Power Rangers to get any better here on out, even if at rock bottom, but even if they were able to manage to create the most amazing thing ever nobody would give them a chance JUST because it's Power Rangers.
>>
>>22594651
>>
>>22594651
Watch a non-dead show.
>>22593344
>>22591795
>>22573912
Anyone with a brain is going to do the same or has swapped over already
>>
>>22594799
>Anyone with a brain
People with brains aren't watching any toku, Japanese or American. You think anyone intelligent is watching toy shows for toddlers?
>>
>>22594799
This shit makes me avoid Sentai out of spite because fans like you are such obnoxious douchebags. Toei doesn't care about you. Fuck off.
>>
File: GKWk9H1bgAAMa2Y.jpg (141 KB, 1227x1636)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>22594799
based
>>
>>22594800
And yet here you are. You don't have to twist your own ankle to make a point.
>>
File: Fever_Form.png (3 MB, 1920x1080)
3 MB
3 MB PNG
>>22594800
I'm talking about /prg/ anons, friend.
>>22594802
Lashing out isn't going to bring Power Rangers back, anon. It's time for you to move on with your life like the rest of us.
>>
>>22594815
You're not going to get what you want by acting like a sanctimonious jackass either. I'm not watching Sentai on your behalf you miserable faggot.
>>
>>22594822
Ultraman and Kamen Rider are also great alternatives! Ultraman especially is very accessible these days. JYB voiced the main character in the dub of the most recent show.
>>
>>22594826
Does your entire life revolve around consuming tokusatsu shit?
>>
>>22594827
Anon, you are in a tokusatsu thread.
>>
>>22594830
So? Being a fan doesn't equal complete devotion.
>>
Watch Shogun instead and experience the adventures of Blackthorne the Anjin. The finale's tomorrow.
>>
Why do PRfags have such inferiority complexes
>>
>>22594894
Nobody thinks about you desperate-for-attention faggots or Sentai at all until you show up here.
>>
>>22584902
>JDF was just playing the role of the heel the whole time
Him dying really just lead to ASJ feeling like he had free reign to do whatever he wanted without getting checked.
>>
File: 1ef.gif (1.96 MB, 325x215)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB GIF
>>22594651
All I wanted was a Titanium Ranger figure...was that really too much to ask?
>>
>>22594822
You will watch it if you know what's good for you you shit sucking maggot. You have been warned. Further defiance will not be tolerated.
>>
File: 1489799939407.jpg (46 KB, 800x948)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>22595005
>>
>>22594443
It's almost like they had to work with the actors they could get
>>
>>22595008
Don't make me get the pizza and the giant microwave
>>
>>22595010
That'd be one hell of a story to tell.
>>
>>22594443
>Tommy doesn't use the Master Morpher/White Ranger powers
This didn't bother me so much, since going by his later appearances he seems to have developed a preference for his first set of powers. Everything else is a fair complaint though.

>It's just jarring. There's a weird disconnect between everything.

Not to be facetious, because it's definitely an issue, but isn't that true to form? Attempting a cohesive story out of what they have left over, no matter how ill-fitting the pieces are.
>>
>>22594832
Power Rangers died a year ago and you're still here
>>
>>22595082
So are you. Now what?
>>
>>22594799
>>22593344
Gay
>>22591795
Gay
>>22573912
Mega gay
Why even bother with this shit when you can watch 90's toku like a non-homo?
>>
>>22595085
>Being a fan doesn't equal complete devotion.
You're so devoted that you're clinging onto a corpse.
>>
AND WE AT /prg/ ARE ALL LAUGHING
>>
>>22595159
If that's how you pathetic ass wants to spin it. Why do you care what I do anyway? How about you go jack off to Japanese girls in spandex instead of annoying me, hm?
>>
>>22595081
>since going by his later appearances he seems to have developed a preference for his first set of powers
this doesn't really make sense to me as a character motivation. Why would Tommy have a preference to the powers he first received while brainwashed to be evil, and were constantly cutting out on him vs others? He used the Zeo powers after his initial retirement, and the DT powers were the closest thing he has to powers he built himself, match his career path.
>>
>>22595429
>"it was a MMPR reunion"
He was the white ranger for longer than he was the green ranger. Obviously it's a moot point since JDF isn't even in the special anyway but still lacking any real acknowledgement of the Master Morpher when Hasbro was about to release a toy of it makes me ask the question.
>>
File: 1489946814053.jpg (20 KB, 281x377)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
You're still gonna buy my shirts, right?
>>
>>22595173
This is the future of Power Rangers.
>>
>>22595721
One of my closest friends is Jewish, I wouldn't want to disrespect her like that
>>
>>22595009
Yes, of course, but it still affects the story, whatever the behind the scenes reason may be.

>>22595081
>This didn't bother me so much, since going by his later appearances he seems to have developed a preference for his first set of powers
It just kinda bugs me because they had the perfect opportunity to include both of them, since Tommy has two fight scenes. He could've been Green at the start when Trini dies and then he could've been White for the cemetery fight.
>isn't that true to form? Attempting a cohesive story out of what they have left over, no matter how ill-fitting the pieces are.
Sure, but that's usually a result of "This Sentai footage is wacky as shit, how do we make a story out of this?" or "This PR season is outer space-themed and this is a video game Sentai, what do we do?" and doing what they can with what they have to work with. Once & Always didn't have this issue and the weird disconnect is born out of outright ignoring relevant characters or events when it would be completely natural to bring them up.
>>
>>22595976
Once and Always was probably designed so that people that hadn't touched the franchise since the 90s could watch it for a nostalgia kick who probably had no idea what the Master Morpher is
>>
>>22595981
Sure, but even people who haven't watched since the '90s would presumably remember things like the White Ranger and Lord Zedd. If anything, leaving that sort of thing out might potentially be even more confusing for someone who hasn't watched since 1995. The Rangers already having their powers only makes sense if you've been watching the show over the years and know they were restored ages ago. Someone who hasn't seen the show since 1995 might think things like "Why do the Rangers have their original dinosaur powers back? Didn't the show turn into race cars or something?" or "Wait, so the Rangers have their old powers back, but Tommy is the Green Ranger? Wasn't he the White Ranger? Like he had the tiger or the falcon or something. Why is he green again?" They might not remember the "5" in "Alpha 5" and just remember the robot sidekick as "Alpha" and thus think Billy killed the original Alpha from MMPR. They might see Rita proudly introduce Snizard and Minotaur but then wonder why she never mentions her husband Lord Zedd, or "the gold guy" or "the scorpion chick"... Although to be fair, this part makes no sense whether you've watched the show since the '90s or not.
>>
File: GLdAel1bQAAt_Rp.jpg (97 KB, 1200x673)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>22587611
>>22587669
Outlets are saying this is the end of MMPR comics but more anonuncements will happen later this year such as at SDCC
I think it's just gonna be a relaunch with a more drastic shift in focus, not just a pivot to Season 3
Kind of reminds me of when IDW ended their TMNT ongoing and people thought they were losing the license only to relaunch it with Jason Aaron at the helm
Might be related to what Mat Groom teased on twitter since he divided his work load by publisher and "Offspring" is the only one left
He's also doing comics full-time now and none of the other stuff are ongoings
>>
>>22590331
I really liked it. I think it was the best MMPR related thing we've ever gotten outside of the original run.
>>
>>22595981
>who probably had no idea what the Master Morpher is
Would people who hadn't watched since the 90s think "Ah, yes, the Master Morpher, first introduced in the 25th anniversary episode 'Dimensions In Danger,' from Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel."? No, probably not. But would they not put that much thought into it and just say "Oh shit, Tommy can switch between Green and White?! That's dope as shit, yo!" (or whatever all the hip kids say these days)? I'd say there'd be a fairly good chance of that, yeah.
>>
File: 24.-tommy-returns.jpg (103 KB, 1363x763)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>22595081
>This didn't bother me so much, since going by his later appearances he seems to have developed a preference for his first set of powers.
Dimensions in Danger seemed pretty balanced to me, and while Super Megaforce had him as Green in the final battle, he pulled out Saba when rescuing the kid, and they used the White Ranger helmet as his intro overlay. It's dumb that Tommy was morphed twice in Once & Always, yet neither time was as White despite having a special morpher which lets him use all his powers. White Ranger not appearing at all in an MMPR 30th anniversary special is pretty nuts, as White was the face of the franchise from his debut until MMPR ended.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
>>22595429
Green Ranger leading the charge in Legendary Battle always felt wrong to me. Green is the only one of Tommy's forms in which he was evil, and wasn't a leader. Green isn't the right choice thematically to lead a Ranger army. It's also weird he would stand with the MMPR team rather than the team with his (future?) wife, or the team he created himself, though I understand the real world reasoning behind him being an MMPR in a 25th anniversary special. I just wish it had been White. White would have been fitting to lead the Ranger army. He was introduced In such a grandiose manner, descending from a blinding white light like the second coming of Christ, and immediately usurped the sitting leader.
>>
>>22596585
Most people remember him as green, even though his stint as white was 30x longer and more important
>>
>>22596515
But those same people would also go "They couldn't afford Tommy's actor? Fight scene's okay, but what's the point if he's not really here and this is just some stunt guy?"
>>
>>22594443
>The special has a very clear "SEASON 1 ONLY" vibe to it, which their presence ruins
Man as if MMPRwanking is bad enough, Season1wanking is even worse. Not against you anon, because the owners are fond of this as well, case in point with how Tommy is represented as Green instead of White even though he had longer tenure as White.

Honestly they seem to only care about MMPR season 1, and then Zedd and maybe Tommy as White Ranger and nothing else. Fuck the Stone Canyon, fuck the Thunder Megazord, fuck the ninja powers, fuck Bulk and Skull going to police academy. Fuck Ivan Ooze even.
>>
>>22596729
>Not against you anon
No, don't worry, I totally get it. I'm so fucking sick of it. The Green Ranger, the Dino Zords, Rita and Scorpina... I've had enough. I don't want anymore. Dragonzord used to be my favorite Zord and now I groan whenever I see him.
>fuck the ninja powers
They'll OCCASIONALLY acknowledge the Ninja Rangers and the Ninja Zords, but if they do, it's always in reference to the MMPRTM, not Season 3.
>>
>>22595429
>this doesn't really make sense to me as a character motivation.
I'm not saying it makes perfect sense, but it's clear Tommy at least made peace with his mind control-induced PTSD enough to use the Green powers.

>>22595976
Once & Always is basically the inverse of working around Sentai footage. Wanting to tell a story without the necessary actors to fully flesh it out and make it work. It's like poetry, it rhymes.
I'm not saying there weren't elements that weren't strategically ignored for the sake of the plot, but I do find the parallels amusing.

>>22596546
It would have been cool if he at least got to switch to White before being captured. But one could also see his insistence on using Green against Rita as his attempt at psychological warfare, or at least a proving a point to himself. "You used this to enslave me, so I'm going to use this to destroy you". Something like that.
>>
>>22596648
>Most people remember him as green
Do they? Green Ranger barely got any promotion or merchandise back in the day. He also wasn't the face of the movie.

>>22596650
>But those same people would also go "They couldn't afford Tommy's actor
I would imagine your average person would assume he wasn't in it because he died. Even if they didn't know he died prior, the movie tells you at the end.

>>22596912
>But one could also see his insistence on using Green against Rita as his attempt at psychological warfare, or at least a proving a point to himself.
That's fine for the second fight, but then he should have used White in the first fight. Green makes more sense thematically in the second fight, as you imagine Tommy would be filled with rage and wanting revenge on Rita for killing his teammate, and those are emotions which are often associated with evil. White makes more sense for the first fight when he is the upstanding veteran leader of four Ranger teams.
>>
File: file.png (236 KB, 450x208)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
meanwhile in an alternate universe, we're enjoying Power Rangers Exomorphs and whoever owns the franchise is gearing up for Power Rangers Nitro Force and we're speculating if they'll bring back Eka Darville (whose son didn't perish from a brain tumor)
>>
>>22596999
In an alternate universe Saban got hit by a train when he was 5 and MMPR never existed so israel didn't ever get their MMPR money forcing them to resolve the unsustainable gaza conflict peacefully and focus their efforts into creating a cure for cancer which would have already bore fruit by now.
>>
>>22596999
>>22597009
In an alternate universe Marvel didn't laugh at Stan Lee's idea about bringing over Sun Vulcan and so Toei had a working relationship with Marvel up to the late 00's.
>>
>>22596999
>>22597009
>>22597011
In an alternate universe Hasbro embraced JDF as the face/cashcow of the franchise, and worked with him to ensure their newly acquisitioned brand would succeed for decades to come. Not feeling backstabbed and embittered, he would be a part of the 30th anniversary special, which in turn would convince Amy Jo to be a part of it. With the horizon looking bright, he would keep his demons in check long enough to see the special release and become a huge success which completely revitalized the brand, and spun off into a Cobra Kai-esc series for the older actors. He would ride the wave of highs from this and have a reason to keep living.
>>
>>22597021
In this current universe JDF didn't actually kill himself, it was a coverup. Rather, he went on to time traveling mission to make sure >>22597011 >>22597009 didn't happen but unfortunately he got hit by the train while trying to save 5yo Haim Saban.
>>
>>22596546
>>22596585
Even odder was how White Ranger was included in all the anniversary branding for Super Megaforce alongside the red rangers of every season. To then not make any appearance in the Legendary Battle outside of the sentai footage is just strange.But it's Super Megaforce so I think that's on brand.
>>
>>22596987
>Do they? Green Ranger barely got any promotion or merchandise back in the day. He also wasn't the face of the movie
Casual audience and non fans always refer him as THE GREEN RANGER.
>>
>>22596999
>>22597009
>>22597011
>>22597021
>>22597026
In an alternate universe Disney hands over PR to Marvel to handle, and (likely at Stan Lee's request) they actually handle it well and even have better relationship with Toei and PR became major household in House of Ideas.

Also Saban would seethe at its success and tried to sue them, but lost badly and tried to save face by making a knockoff PR movie (which is basically 2017 movie) but got blasted and Saban suicide bombed himself in Gaza but no one was around.
>>
>>22596987
They're interchangeable. 90% of the kids who got sucked into MorphinMania remember Green Guy became White Guy.
>>
https://twitter.com/nopinkspandex/status/1783157576928031013
>On the Hasbro Q1 2024 Earnings Call today, CEO Chris Cocks commented that the Power Rangers line did not meet their profit margin thresholds and chose to outsource it. According to Cocks, Power Rangers is "probably the last brand that we will
outsource." Full transcript below.

Ouch
>>
>>22597420
It is so fucking over
>>
>>22596987
>I would imagine your average person would assume he wasn't in it because he died.
But the average person understands what production time is. They didn't watch The Dark Knight and ask why Heath Ledger was in it.
>>
>>22597420
>According to Cocks, Power Rangers is "probably the last brand that we will outsource
why? what's this mean?
>>
>>22596650
Anon, those people can ask that question now, with how O&A actually is. Including the White Ranger doesn't affect that one way or the other.
>>
>>22597539
>why? what's this mean?
They're gonna outsource any other brand
They're keping Transformers and GI Joe in-house outside of deals for non mainline toys ala Super7 or Flame Toys
>>
>>22597541
But those guys are people who dropped PR in the 90s. They're not so easily placated where they're happy to see an old suit even if the actor isn't there. Bringing in the White Ranger just would've heightened the Fake Shemp effect even more than they already did.
>>
so does this mean that lightning collection is over as opposed to playmates being supplemental to it
>>
File: s-l960.jpg (112 KB, 720x960)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>22596987
>Do they? Green Ranger barely got any promotion or merchandise back in the day. He also wasn't the face of the movie.
You severely underestimate how much of a deal the Green Ranger was. He was never the "Face" of MMPR, but half the reason why Tommy came back as the White Ranger is because of how damn popular Green was.
>>
>>22597563
*not gonna outsource any other brand
>>
>>22597572
Yeah, but up to a certain point... Who cares? You can't prioritize newcomers or casuals over fans with something like a 30th anniversary special. The last time the franchise did that was Turbo (ignoring all the Zeo cliffhangers), which is usually considered one of the worst seasons.
>>
>>22597420
It keeps getting overer and overer
>>
File: 1711233326658440.jpg (59 KB, 852x639)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>Sentai toys are in permanent stagnation in Japan with no meaningful improvement
>PR toys also don't sell in the west

Has the overall concept of Sentai/PR generally just exhausted its appeal to kids?
>>
>>22597602
>Who cares?
You can say that about the Master Morpher. Without JDF there, how many people really want to see a stunt actor in the Green Ranger suit turn into a stunt actor in the White Ranger suit? It's no different than those Super Hero Taisen movies that throw a 1000 old suits at you but only hire back a couple actors. Fun fanservice for a few seconds, but nothing more than that.
>>
>>22597607
I mean, it really boils down to:
>No JDF, but a cool moment that also makes in-universe sense for the character
vs.
>No JDF and no cool moment either
Objectively, why would anyone go with Option #2?
>>
File: 1694311171620620.jpg (401 KB, 1954x2048)
401 KB
401 KB JPG
>>22597606
Sentai is getting a drip feed of figuarts. 1 was just announced.
>>
>>22597653
>makes in-universe sense for the character
Isn't that undermined by the character never talking, never taking his helmet off, and being bizarrely absent or aloof when Billy and Zack are having emotional moments? They went with Option 2 because like I said, the Fake Shemp factor. Doing things that make in-universe sense for the character doesn't work when the character physically cannot talk, show their face, and is effectively no different than a prop.
>>
>>22597669
>Tommy doing Tommy things would make it obvious there's no Tommy!
Or, alternatively, treating Tommy like a character, even though JDF wasn't there to take the helmet off, would make it seem like Tommy was actually there even more, as opposed to a prop who's just there to be captured.
>>
>>22597679
>would make it seem like Tommy was actually there even more,
Why would it? Bringing attention to it only hammers it home more that the guy is a corpse in real life. You can't treat him like he's a character when he can't interact with the other characters the way he used to. Otherwise, why even have any actors back if you could make do with nothing but suit actors performing mime acts?
>>
>>22597687
>Why would it?
Because "We don't have JDF, keep Tommy off to the side" IS the really obvious 'we-don't-have-the-actor' thing to do.
>Bringing attention to it only hammers it home more that the guy is a corpse in real life.
He wasn't at the time, so watching O&A is no different than watching an episode of MMPR, PRZ, PRT, or PRDT, or Forever Red, or Dimensions In Danger. And Thuy actually was dead when O&A was filmed, yet Trini is present in the special. And she has a rather memorable, plot-relevant sequence, despite it not being Thuy in the suit.
>You can't treat him like he's a character
You, in fact, can.
>when he can't interact with the other characters the way he used to.
They had a physical actor (whether his face was seen or not is irrelevant) and like 300 episodes of old dialogue to snip from. They would've been fine. It would've been no different than when Tommy was stuck in his suit in Dino Thunder.

"BUT HOW CHARACTER WHEN NO ACTOR?" is not the impossible-to-overcome problem you seem to think it is, anon.
>>
>>22597606
Don Onitaijin and King-Ohger shat on basically the last decade of Power Rangers toys.
>>
>>22597731
>You, in fact, can.
How?
>>
>>22597731
>"BUT HOW CHARACTER WHEN NO ACTOR?" is not the impossible-to-overcome problem you seem to think it is, anon.
Yeah, but you've ignored the other question: Why would anyone want this? Why pull a Weekend at Bernie's and hope fans don't give a shit about the actors? Because for every fan who thinks that's cool, you're getting as many who associate it with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS0DQKHMpM8
>>
>>22597738
still low for nip standards, compared to other properties
>>
>>22597606
It's precisely because it's for kids that the toys are shit. Marvel, Gundam, waifu figurines etc are only top notch because adults are buying it.
>>
>>22597741
You know, I guess if I were to ignore all the posts where someone explained to me how this could be accomplished, I'd have this same question, too.

>>22597750
But if you're going to go down that route and ask that question, then why involve Tommy at all? Why involve Jason and Kim at all? Why not just have Zack and Trini show up to help Billy at the start and say the other three are off fighting the Eltar Wars or whatever? If you're going to have a problem with O&A Weekend at Bernie-ing Tommy, you're already going to have a problem with it as-is. Adding a cool Master Morpher moment isn't going to make it worse, or suddenly cause a problem for people who didn't have one previously.
>"Man, I was fine with them Fake Shemping the Green Ranger, but Fake Shemping the Green AND the White Ranger? Well that's just unacceptable!"
In what universe does that happen?
>>
>>22597764
Anon, if you want to see the White Ranger so badly, you can just google clips of him online. I'm sorry you didn't get 2 minutes of footage of the White Ranger and Robo-Rita having a fight that wouldn't have been very good in the first place, but it wouldn't have improved O&A in any meaningful way beyond getting nerds to point at the screen and go "Look, it's the White Ranger!".
>>
Tommyfags are the same as those guys who see nothing wrong or creepy with making AI deepfakes of their family members.
>>
>>22597769
>getting nerds to point at the screen and go "Look
I mean, that's just Once & Always.
>if you want to see the White Ranger so badly
It's not about wanting to see the White Ranger so badly, it's about I'm fucking tired of seeing the Green Ranger. I'm fucking tired of Season 1. Aren't we all, at this point? I get it, it's the season that started it all, but Seasons 2 and 3 are repeatedly ignored and it's fucking tiring. It's about getting that fucking green spandex off the camera and out of the spotlight for five fucking seconds. Again, it even makes sense in-universe, because the White Ranger powers were supposed to be stronger than the Green powers, and Rita just one-shotted Trini the last time they fought, so why have Tommy go up against her with his weakest set? The special's "Season 1 sanctity" has already been ruined by the presence of Kat and Rocky, so just go with it and throw in the White Ranger.
>>
Here, since this all more or less started with my comment:
>Tommy doesn't use the Master Morpher/White Ranger powers, Ninjor doesn't get referenced despite new Power Coins being made, Robo-Rita never mentions Zedd either affectionately or as a regret... It's just jarring. There's a weird disconnect between everything.
This is how they could've done each of these.
>Tommy doesn't use the Master Morpher/White Ranger powers
In addition to what I said here >>22597788 , just have the off-screen morph call be "Tigerzord!" instead of "Dragonzord!" and have the White Ranger there instead of the Green Ranger. Or, if they wanted to be ambitious, they could've started with Green and had him go White halfway trough the fight, probably once Jason is captured. Dimensions In Danger shows he can change suits while morphed and they obviously have the voice clips for it, so it works.
>Ninjor doesn't get referenced despite new Power Coins being made
Just have Billy say "Alpha and I have been working with Ninjor, and together we've come up with something..." when introducing the proxy Power Coins. That's it. No actual appearance from Ninjor, just one quick line that makes sense, considering Ninjor was the creator of both sets of Power Coins the MMPR used, so he would know all the little tricks to crafting them.
>Robo-Rita never mentions Zedd either affectionately or as a regret
It is bizarre how Rita doesn't mention ANYBODY from MMPR; not Finster, not her brother, not her husband, not anybody. Again, not asking for a physical cameo from Zedd, but it's weird that Rita doesn't say "Oh, if only Zeddy was here to see this!" when she kills Trini, or mentioning "No marrying Zedd!" as something to tell her younger self to avoid when revealing her plan near the end.
These are all things that would make sense for the characters to say or do based on the universe, and would be really easy and natural to fit in. It's awkward and noticeable how O&A goes out of its way to NOT do any of it.
>>
>>22597607
>Without JDF there, how many people really want to see a stunt actor in the Green Ranger suit turn into a stunt actor in the White Ranger suit?
I do. Because the White Ranger was a very big part of MMPR and he should have been present in a 30th anniversary special, even if he was only played by a stuntie. It also makes sense for the character that was shown to have a Morpher which can tap into all his powers just five years prior to not keep morphing into the same Ranger and never swapping. I don't expect him to use Zeo, Turbo, or Dino Thunder in an MMPR special, but not at least using White is unacceptable. Especially considering they were working on a Master Morpher toy at the time. The opening battle as the theme song is blaring should have had a moment where Tommy morphed from Green to White.

>>22597669
>Isn't that undermined by the character never talking
Tommy not acting in character just because his actor isn't there undermines his character. Though Tommy did get some lines via archive audio. If he had actually used the damn Master Morpher they had plenty of audio for that they could've used for that.

>never taking his helmet off, and being bizarrely absent or aloof when Billy and Zack are having emotional moments?
How does him using the Master Morpher in a fight make it any less awkward that only Billy and Zack take their helmets off and have an emotional moment when Trini is killed? That's what kills the immersion and makes you very aware the others are stunties. Using the Master Morpher doesn't require JDF's face.
>>
>>22597850
>Using the Master Morpher doesn't require JDF's face.
But for what purpose? A White Ranger fight wouldn't add anything. You could remove Tommy from the entire special, say he's busy off-screen, and nothing would change.
>>
>>22597751
It's still emphasis that Sentai is growing and changing its' toy production while Hasbro is putting PR out to pasture.
>>
>>22597858
>But for what purpose?
What's the purpose of having any of the suits for the non-returning actors? The entire point of the special is MMPR nostalgia. Did we need them to go to the Youth Center? Did we need a new Radbug? It's member berries for the sake of member berries. The White Ranger was the most popular MMPR during his tenure, so to completely ignore him in a 30th MMPR anniversary is tonedeaf.
>>
>>22597858
>You could remove Tommy from the entire special, say he's busy off-screen, and nothing would change.
Sure, you could, and that's true. But in the meanwhile... He's there. So they may as well do shit with him. You don't seem to understand, anon. What they do with the character of Tommy Oliver in MMPR: Once & Always has absolutely jack fucking shit to do with Jason David Frank not being involved in its production. The ONLY way JDF's absence affects Tommy in Once & Always is that he can't demorph. That's it. If they really wanted to, if they wanted to put the effort in, they could have very easily made Tommy one of the main characters/Rangers in Once & Always. Give some reason he can't demorph (or say he's out looking for Robo-Rita in between fight scenes), give him stock audio from the HUNDREDS of episodes and two feature length films where he's speaking, and there you go. Tommy is now a main character in Once & Always. And Jason David Frank being absent (and later dead) has no effect on it. The thing is only an hour long, they don't have to come up with THAT much dialogue for him. Hell, this wouldn't even be the first time they've done this! This wouldn't even be the first time they've done this WITH TOMMY. Jason David Frank was not involved in Wormhole, the SPD/Dino Thunder crossover, where Tommy was one of the returning Dino Thunder Rangers.
>>
>>22597900
Maybe it's because he kinda burned bridges with mmpr this time, he wouldn't be making that white ranger bootleg movie if he didn't
>>
>>22597900
>Jason David Frank was not involved in Wormhole, the SPD/Dino Thunder crossover, where Tommy was one of the returning Dino Thunder Rangers.
Pretty wild that Tommy was handled better there than the 30th MMPR anniversary movie.
>>
>>22597900
>This wouldn't even be the first time they've done this WITH TOMMY. Jason David Frank was not involved in Wormhole, the SPD/Dino Thunder crossover, where Tommy was one of the returning Dino Thunder Rangers.
But that wasn't seen as one of the teamup's strengths. JDF mocked them at a panel for doing it, in fact. And I remember they deliberately gave Tommy little to do so they wouldn't bring attention to how JDF wasn't actually there.
>>
>>22597900
>give him stock audio from the HUNDREDS of episodes and two feature length films where he's speaking
Who would fall for that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SZumr5zJM0

If they did an In Space reunion, but only Ashley and Carlos came back while everyone else had YouTube Poop-style archive audio dialogue, I'd feel gypped.
>>
Remember Clash of the Red Rangers, and how they only brought back Eka Darville in voice only? Even though all the other RPM actors were still in NZ at the time and Saban likely could've gotten at least a few of them back to show up in-person? Pretty sure Rose McIver was still working in NZ at the time too.
>>
>>22597868
Never gonna grow outside of Japan though, so I'd stay humble if I were you.
>>
>>22597606
Kids eventually get sick of formula, and Sentai/PR are heavily formulaic shows.
>>
>>22598040
>Who would fall for that?
What exactly is your goal here, anon? What are you trying to argue exactly? I'm talking about a cool little something they could've given Tommy to do before getting captured (a cool little moment that would be even more appreciated considering this is the last time we'll ever see the character, so seeing both his MMPR forms would've been nice). No one's talking about us "falling" for anything. I'm not suggesting ways they could've "tricked us" into thinking JDF participated in the special. I am talking about, and have only ever been talking about, the character of Tommy Oliver. Not actor Jason David Frank. Your inability to separate character and actor is not a sufficient enough reason for Once & Always to not acknowledge aspects of MMPR outside of Season 1.
>If they did an In Space reunion, but only Ashley and Carlos came back while everyone else had YouTube Poop-style archive audio dialogue, I'd feel gypped.
Sure, but if they gave Andros a really cool sequence where he uses the Battlizer to fight a resurrected Ecliptor and it's a great fight and ends up being one of the more memorable moments for the character overall, would you not appreciate the effort, even if Christopher Khayman Lee didn't actively take part in the reunion?
>>
>>22598040
>If they did an In Space reunion, but only Ashley and Carlos came back while everyone else had YouTube Poop-style archive audio dialogue, I'd feel gypped.

So, are you just not doing the special at all then? Or doing it but not bothering with them at all? I don't see how those are better choices, really.
>>
>>22598135
>What are you trying to argue exactly?
What are YOU trying to argue? That you'd be fine if Power Rangers was nothing but archive audio and stand-in actors with their faces just out of camera all the time? Why should people accept watching something like that? Everybody laughs when movies try to CGI dead or unavailable actors into productions.
>>
>>22598153
Why even do a special if you can't get at least half the cast back? Not much of a reunion if only 2 people are there. You may as well watch an In Space panel at a convention.
>>
>"Why do actors matter?"
Because they convey emotion? They help connect you to the story? Would you have been fine if Once and Always had zero returning actors or any people on-screen as long as the fight scenes were cool? Because I don't see the appeal of that, unless you were autistic and watching facial expressions gave you sensory overload.
>>
TOMMY IS ALREADY IN ONCE & ALWAYS WITHOUT JDF. Do you hate that? Then say that. Say "I don't even like that he's in it as much as he is." Do you not hate that? Then what the fuck difference does giving him a little extra to do make?
>>
>>22598204
>TOMMY IS ALREADY IN ONCE & ALWAYS WITHOUT JDF.
But this is just like saying all the SPD Rangers were in the Megaforce finale. Technically, they were, but not in a way that means anything.
>>
>>22597877
Makin me remember Thuy Trang dying before she was 30 actually makes me really angry in retrospect. At the I was cautiously optimistic and thought it was ok I guess. Maybe I enjoyed it but I hate them for doing that. They couldnt even give her a husband so seeing a single mother die for the sake of cheap memberries was extra depressing...
>>
>>22598261
>They couldnt even give her a husband so seeing a single mother die for the sake of cheap memberries was extra depressing...
Not just no husband, but Trini's entire immediate family was presumably dead if Minh had no one but Zack to live with. Even Trini's cousin who turned into cardboard was either dead or out of Trini's life.
>>
>>22598069
>so I'd stay humble if I were you.
This is hilarious coming from a power rangers fan. Why do you guys keep moving the goalposts? The question was "Is this concept forced to stagnate" and the answer is no because Sentai is doing better than it has in years, while PR is worse. There's no pattern to it, other than whether or not the people behind the scenes care about putting out something good.
>>
>>22598051
>Eka Darville in voice only?
Pretty sure that was because since RPM Eka had joined SAG and thus otherwise couldn't appear in person. It's basically the opposite of what everyone else in the thread is talking about.
>Even though all the other RPM actors were still in NZ at the time
and this is pretty much explained with the problem of Samurai trying to adapt Shinkenger because the in the movie only Red has a substantial role too, while the others appear in quick scenes before showing up for the climax.
>>
>>22598290
>this is pretty much explained
There's no excuse. Reinforcements from the Future didn't have to work around footage. Neither did Forever Red. If you can't afford to film original footage for your big teamup, and you have to tell the viewers that the best you can do is one Ranger covering his face, then why bother?
>>
>>22598293
Anon...
>>
>>22598296
>O&A couldn't afford either of them
>>
How the fuck do conventions easily afford to hire dozens of PR actors to show up, but the show itself can barely get a few?
>>
>>22598331
The shows are always stingy with budget, while conventions, getting actors would mean more people would come to see them.
>>
File: 1713039241622629.jpg (171 KB, 1200x801)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>22598283
Super Sentai is maintaining momentum and is a cultural going back twice as many decades as Power Rangers. Which Sentai is Power Rangers going to adapt next?
>>
With all this talk of suit actors and voice clips, it just makes me more impressed at the suit actress for Kim in the opening scene, and that no other suit-only actor matched her effort in-suit, or was even given a chance to. Not even a brief moment during the cemetary fight where we could see Billy's status with the other Rangers communicated via body language.
>>
>>22598344
>the suit actress for Kim
>check if it's actually an actress
>https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Momoka_Takasaki
Phew.
>>
File: total bros being bros.jpg (265 KB, 1200x1800)
265 KB
265 KB JPG
>>22598343
whoops, meant
>maintaining momentum and is a cultural
tradition
Each series gets its 50~ish episodes. It's so institutionalized that each season has a hand off scene between the Red of the old series to the one for the new series coming up.
>>
File: sentai2023q4.jpg (206 KB, 959x716)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>22598343
>maintaining momentum
What momentum? Toy sales went down.
>>
File: kamenrider2024q4.jpg (187 KB, 975x589)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>22598358
For comparison's sake
>>
>>22598358
By momentum I was talking about the TV shows. Personally think the hiatuses, splitting the seasons into 2 separate series and the CHEAP shows Disney produced have permanently hurt the brand. Since Sentai is so regular you can have faith that if you don't like the current series that there will be a different one you might like next year.
>>
File: Kamen Rider Ghost Eyecons.jpg (171 KB, 1200x1200)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>22598360
You're right that Sentai's numbers are MUCH worse than Kamen Rider's. That series is doing something right. Sentai needs to step up its game. My guess is that KR's inexpensive collectibles just sell much better than SS's more expensive collectibles: the Zords.
You wouldn't happen to have the Power Rangers toy numbers, would ya?
>>
>>22598376
>You wouldn't happen to have the Power Rangers toy numbers, would ya?
No, sorry. But I assume they're in the pits if Hasbro's outsourcing them.
>>
>>22598378
Scratch that. In the year before Saban sold PR, it was making $200 million in revenue according to WSJ.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/hasbro-agrees-to-acquire-power-rangers-for-about-500-million-1525178689
>>
File: go go shelf warmers.jpg (184 KB, 1212x558)
184 KB
184 KB JPG
>>22598378
I figured about the same. With how low SS's numbers are the chatter about PR no longer adapting SS makes some sense. It's almost like SS is just the opening act for KR.
Went to Walmart.com and saw pic related. Having toys from so many different Power Rangers series can't be helping things either. Shit looks outright desperate.
>>
>>22598392
Why does a VHS come with the Megazord toy?
>>
File: super mega cannon.jpg (554 KB, 1944x1220)
554 KB
554 KB JPG
>>22598392
The main page those are related to on Walmart.com was a toy from yet yet ANOTHER Power Rangers series.
I was going to say that Role Play toys usually are the best selling PR toys. Wouldn't be surprised if the same is true for Kamen Rider.
>>
File: thunderzord vhs.jpg (78 KB, 640x640)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>22598395
It's a decorative box. Probably nostalgia baiting oldfags like me who would record the show back when VCRs were a thing.
>>
>>22598344
>>22598351
It's one of the best moments of acting in the entire special and its from some faceless stuntwoman. I wonder if she improvised it or if it was in the script.
>>
>>22598358
Okay now show Power Rangers' sales
>>
>>22598536
and show the quote from the Toei ceo again
>>
Power Rangers is the cockroach of children's franchises, how many brands out there have been at near death or outright dead as many times as it and still somehow come back as much as PR?

This might be the biggest blatantly "on life support" it's ever been on, with its owner a toy company that doesn't even want to make toys for it, though it is better than just the long stretches of no news these past couple years under just Hasbro. Perhaps Playmates just makes generic MMPR toys for the next few years for this zombie of a franchise, and it fades into the background as "one of those old things your uncle was into".

But I feel like someone will want to bring it back 5 or 10 years down the line. That always seems to be the case for whatever reason, and all the Samurai kids can be the fat adult fans of that generation. Problem is, when it comes back, it never seems to stick. A really good reboot could do it. But if they swing and miss, that's probably another 5 or 10 years dormant.
>>
File: collect the kiba.jpg (147 KB, 1003x489)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>22598811
Why not just license the already made Japanese toys?
You want to keep profits high shouldn't you just use toys that are already of good quality?
>>
>>22598351
that wasn't her. momoka is the suit actress for kat not kim. kim was probably masafumi oishi, he's a lot shorter than momoka.
>>
>>22597602
Only babybrains think Turbo is bad.
>>
>>22598392

You know those are all third party sellers and not actual Walmart stock, right?
>>
>>22599217
Explain why Turbo was good.
>>
>>22598811
>and all the Samurai kids can be the fat adult fans of that generation.
Samurai was 13 years ago, so we're already there.
>>
>>22599217
Love or hate Turbo, it handled the transition from Zeo ridiculously badly.
>>
>>22594651
>The year is 1993. A Dino Megazord has been released.
>The year is 2010. A Dino Megazord has been released.
>The year is 2020. A Dino Megazord has been released.
>The year is 2025. A Dino Megazord has been released.
Mighty Morphin Wa Neva End......
>>
>>22598843
Presumably because only certain seasons, especially MMPR sell and Japan mostly makes new stuff every year. They don't want to take a chance that this years Sentai toys will sell well when they can make another Dino Megazord or Green Ranger fig that they know probably will.
>>
>>22599247
Goofy episodic adventures interspersed with shit gets real serials. Cartoonish action played with a completely straight face.
A likeable cast who occasionally get some smart character writing.
Loveable villains who can carry their own scenes/stories because they aren't kneecapped from being restricted to mostly dubbed sentai footage.
Turbo is the ideal form of Power Rangers.

>>22599306
Nah. Nerds think dumping the old powers/old cast should've been this protracted thing done over a dozen episodes when that shit is what made kids tune out during Zeo.
>>
So........are we still in the Hasbro era?
>>
>>22599391
the abandonment era
>>
>>22599391
It's still the Hasbro Era, but more like the second phase of it. They still creatively control the brand, but Beast Morphers, Dino Fury, and Cosmic Fury are a self contained mini era compared to what the future holds.
>>
>>22599387
>Nerds think dumping the old powers/old cast should've been this protracted thing done over a dozen episodes
No, they just wanted SOME acknowledgement. It could have been done with a few lines of dialog.
>>
>>22598843
But why would American kids buy the toys if there isn't a show for it, or advertising? If it was so easy to convince kids to buy toys that you don't even need commercials, Hasbro wouldn't need to outsource anything to begin with.
>>
>>22599559
I mean they've done Transformers lines that didn't have accompanying shows before.
>>
>>22599571
Except Transformers in general always has a movie or a show out to maintain brand awareness. Something with the word "Transformers" on it will be airing new episodes somewhere on streaming, or one of the Bayformers movies will rerun on TV somewhere. Neither apply to PR except for the occasional 2017 movie airings on Syfy.
>>
File: 20240425_214719.jpg (707 KB, 1500x1200)
707 KB
707 KB JPG
Closest thing to new non-MMPR toys we're likely to get from now on
>>
File: divatox-zedd-rita.png (685 KB, 929x697)
685 KB
685 KB PNG
>>22599387
>Nah. Nerds think dumping the old powers/old cast should've been this protracted thing done over a dozen episodes when that shit is what made kids tune out during Zeo.
Anon, Zeo ends with Zedd and Rita declaring they're going to start attacking Earth again. Turbo completely ignores this. That is objectively bad writing, even for PR. I like Divatox as much as the next guy and I'm not saying she shouldn't have been the/a villain in Turbo, but Turbo needed to address Zedd and Rita. Maybe they team up with Divatox to be the villains, maybe they're rivals, maybe they work together at first but then Zedd and Rita lose interest and leave while Divatox wants to keep on attacking on her own... SOMETHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkMNhKtjX_I
This promo implies a fight for Zedd's affection. Had Divatox's backstory been she was an ex of Zedd's (which would work as Divatox had a lot of old boyfriends), that could've been really fun.
>>
>>22596987
>Do they? Green Ranger barely got any promotion or merchandise back in the day. He also wasn't the face of the movie
Yes. Tommy is the Green Ranger when people think of power rangers.
>>
>>22599387
I mean I agree Turbo is honestly better than what a lot of people say. It's not the best I don't think but it really has more bright spots that people don't give credit, including the section with the first cast.
>when that shit is what made kids tune out during Zeo.
No it was that Beetleborgs was the new hot thing at the moment.
>>
>>22599765
>that promo
holy SOVL

It's pure fanfic but honestly I think the Turbo movie should've been the last battle against Zedd and Rita and then Divatox is the main villain for the show. Replace marrying Maligore with him being Zedd and Rita's "baby".
>>
>>22598344
Kim falling to her knees as the camera pans out over the cliff Trini died is what sells that scene and it would have been an instant classic 20 years ago. The best scene in an otherwise standard taking up the mantle story.
>>
>>22600010
>>that promo
>holy SOVL
Yeah, there's a whole series of these bumpers. You should look them up, they're all great.
>>
File: 20240426_024529.jpg (213 KB, 702x971)
213 KB
213 KB JPG
>>22599898
>Tommy is the Green Ranger when people think of power rangers.
What are you basing this on? He was the White Ranger in more episodes, a live show, a theatrical film, and overall got considerably more publicity as White than he did as Green.
>>
>>22600171
I understand all that. It doesn't change the fact that the green ranger is the most popular and well known power ranger of all time.
>>
>>22600010
At the very least the movie should have opened with an action sequence between the Zeo Rangers and Zedd's forces which resulted in Zedd being defeated and the Zeo Crystal temporarily depleted. The movie was in desperate need of some morphed action earlier on, and ending Zeo with Zedd proclaiming "We're back", only to have Rita telling Divatox to run from the Rangers was quite the heel turn. So much so that the Scorpion Rain hoax was birthed from it. People believed there had to be SOMETHING bridging the gap because the transition was so jarring.
>>
>>22600173
People might like Green better, but I would say Tommy is equally known for both. White Ranger was a big deal at the time. Much bigger than Green which barely got acknowledged in any promotion/merchandise outside of the show.
>>
File: mmpr-coloring.png (842 KB, 900x380)
842 KB
842 KB PNG
>>22600202
>Much bigger than Green which barely got acknowledged in any promotion/merchandise outside of the show.
As a kid I used to get the coloring books all the time and even back then I thought it was weird that they never had the Green Ranger in them even though they always had Dragonzord and Titanus.
>>
Solicits for July
>MMPR #122
>Series artist Simona Di Gianfelice returns for the penultimate chapter of Darkest Hour, revealing the consequences of Billy's actions, shattering the trust of his fellow Rangers.
>Meanwhile, Dark Specter has devastating plans, and The Ranger Slayer will need help from an old ally to find their salvation...
>Witness a shocking cliffhanger ahead of the finale, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Darkest Hour #1, that will leave you stunned!

>MMPR: Darkest Hour #1
>IT ALL ENDS HERE!
>With the Morphin Grid in peril, the people of Earth are left without the Power Rangers to protect them.
>The ultimate battle against Dark Specter will play out with unexpected consequences, while an unexpected group of rogues, villains, and Rangers make strange company...
>But even if they win... can they rebuild everything they've lost?
>Fan favorite Rangers writer Melissa Flores (Spider-Gwen: Smash) and acclaimed artist Simona Di Gianfelice (Firefly: Return to the Earth That Was) deliver the epic finale that everything has been building to!

>MMPR vs Godzilla II #4
>With the help of some of the greatest giant monsters in history, the Kaiju Power Rangers reborn! New powers! New weapons! New Zords! The next evolution of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers—and the next mutation of Godzilla’s friends and foes—is upon us! And if you miss this book, you’re missing history in the making!
>>
File: A6.png (870 KB, 1074x400)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>22600202
>Much bigger than Green which barely got acknowledged in any promotion/merchandise outside of the show.
You are still severely underestimating the popularity of the Green Ranger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myg9biMvyXw
>>
>>22600338
You and me both. I distinctly remember having one of those giant size activity books and only one (1) page featuring Green... And he wasn't even wearing the Dragon Shield. You would've thought it was Red if not for the Godzilla coin on the chest.

Still, it's largely an aberration compared to the tons of merch he got after the late '93/early '94 period.
>>
>>22599552
They did exactly that in the Turbo movie.

>>22599765
>They should've spent a dozen episodes writing out characters from the season kids weren't watching.
>>22600190
>They should've spent most of the movie tying up storylines that kids weren't watching for free at home.
>>
Reminder the canon reason for why Zedd and Rita gave up after Zeo is Rita got pregnant with Thrax and they couldn't find a babysitter because their empire consists of only 7 people. Or 5, because Squatt and Baboo disappear.
>>
>>22600660
>They did exactly that in the Turbo movie.
At what point between Kat trying to Morph into a Zeo Ranger after falling off a cliff and the Turbo Powers being pulled out of thin air and given to them was there any explanation? A simple exchange is all that was needed.

>Zordon - "Unfortunately, the Nemesis Triangle will cut off the connection between you and your existing powers. Fortunately, Billy had been working on a set of self contained powers before leaving for Aquatar, should such an emergency ever arise."
>Alpha - "In order to activate these new powers though, the Zeo Crystal will need to be significantly drained, rendering it unusable for the foreseeable future."
>Adam - "Well what's the problem if we're just swapping out one set of Powers for another?"
>Zordon - "Your new Powers would be infused with Turbo technology, making you significantly faster than ever before, but there is a trade-off. You will have a reduced power output compared to that of your Zeo Powers."
>Alpha - "These new powers are completely untested, and there's no telling how strong Maligore would be, should he get released. He could prove to me too strong for you."
>Tommy "We don't have a choice, Kim and Jason are counting on us."
>Kat - "And if these new powers are as fast as you say, we should be able to beat Divatox to the volcano."
>Tanya - "And stop Makigore from being released in the first place."
Cue Turbo power infusion scene. Literally a minute and a half of dialog. The movie wasted more time than that fucking around with chimps in Africa.

>22600660
>They should've spent most of the movie tying up storylines
A five minute opening action sequence tying up Rita and Zedd's arc, and a minute and a half explaining the transition to Turbo Powers is half the movie?
>>
>>22600158
I've gone down that rabbit hole a few times but I genuinely haven't seen much of the villains being used for it.

>>22600190
>At the very least the movie should have opened with an action sequence between the Zeo Rangers and Zedd's forces which resulted in Zedd being defeated and the Zeo Crystal temporarily depleted
I agree, bearing in mind one plan was to get all 5 of the original rangers back and turned evil instead of just Jason and Kim, I think the movie opening on a battle where Zedd steals the Zeo powers and then uses them to turn the originals into his new improved dark rangers would've been neat. That is dependent on a miracle of getting all of them back though especially after Yost walking out happened so recently.
>>
>>22600903
The 95 movie cast was contracted for two films, so if they wanted Yost he would have had no choice. That's the only reason Amy Jo is in Turbo.
>>
>>22600917
>he would have had no choice.
But given the circumstances for why he left, would it be worth it to drag him back? Last thing a kids' movie wants, even a kids' movie in the late 90s, is news reports saying the producers were abusive and drove one of the actors to near suicide.
>>
Thoughts on Mr. Weenie?
>>
>>22600931
Probably not, especially given they just seemed to want Yost gone. They didn't object much to Cardenas wanting out either, just had him show up just long enough to get replaced.
>>
>>22600202
Green is the one most acknowledged by the nostalgia filter even if he was White for technically longer.
>>
>>22580311
It's on their YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/@PowerRangersOfficial/streams
>>
>>22601146
>>22601146
>>22601146
>>
File: 1489622232589.jpg (46 KB, 511x750)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
IT'S OVER!
>>
File: 1702949095871058.png (36 KB, 415x434)
36 KB
36 KB PNG
>>22602988
>>
File: utena and subversion.png (251 KB, 822x462)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>22604444
Such wasted quads.
>>
>>22604444
>>22604465
Fuck off drool, stop being such a fucking pest.
>>
File: tomino quote.png (414 KB, 638x800)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
>>
>>22604514
That is our American heritage foundation brought to you by Arby's good sir.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.