[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/t/ - Torrents

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1624890515591.jpg (358 KB, 996x747)
358 KB
358 KB JPG
Hello there,

just casually updating the torrent i did few years ago,

last update was December '22, i had to skip June '23 so you get a whole year worth of updates,

for those who don't know i hoard history books (ancient classic & middle ages) with a focus on quality over the quantity around 7.000 books have been added with many coming in two formats, i had to zip the folders in order to avoid path length issues or torrent not properly working, if you get an issue opening a zip just rename the longest file

[Retail] & (Retail) are the books that i obtain personally or were obtained from trustworthy sources, anything else should be considered as "found on internet"
[Missing] & [Scan, Missing].txt are empty files used as placeholder for future releases or books to be scanned, either way missing
The collection is divided in two parts,

Stand-alone books

1. Prehistory
2. Ancient & Classical Civilizations
3. Middle Ages
4. Early Modern

Series

5. Ancient & Classical Civilizations Series
6. Middle Ages Series
7. Early Modern Series

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ce01d7d3a0ef2f2fb3e05283d6553ca436693295

As extra i'll throw in another serie with over 1100 books published: Variorum Collected Studies
https://www.routledge.com/Variorum-Collected-Studies/book-series/VARIORUM

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:eed99286c2d17994e6436ce42f8a4599283f11e5

Enjoy!
>>
>>1281560
I remember. TY
>>
Awesome job!
How many GB this year, including the Variorum?
>>
>>1281560
The size of the last one was 602GiB, whereas the new one appears to be 791GiB. It seems to be a ~30% increase.
>>
>>1281739
oh, the Varioum appeats to be about 14GiB larger as well
>>
>>1281560
Oh shit based, I was just thinking about this. I've added them to my qbittorrent, they haven't loaded in yet, but I'm sure they will
>>
Could anyone computer-savvy upload them to libgen and other sites? I'm afraid this will be gone one day, it'd be a pity if that happens.
>>
>>1282347
I'm talking about these ones from OP:
>>1281560
>[Retail] & (Retail) are the books that i obtain personally or were obtained from trustworthy sources
>>
>>1281560
You are a King
>>
>>1282347
They likely already are at libgen, in the same retail quality. This is more for cataloguing/archiving purposes I imagine than availability.
>>
File: risenfall.jpg (69 KB, 659x1000)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>1281560
Anyone have the audiobook of rise and fall of the third reich?D
>>
>>1282438
That's just wrong. I found this torrent because I was looking for something not on libgen. OP has also said he shared his own personal scans and collections.
Seriously, use your brain. Think before you write. What a retard.
>>
>>1282465
well then I accept I'm wrong mate, my default assumption is that it's on libgen rather than not. The uploader ought to upload the ones that aren't there to libgen, it's not exactly difficult to do.
>>
If you're really that one man managing this gigantic library you are my personal Jesus, man.
>>
File: file.png (121 KB, 364x318)
121 KB
121 KB PNG
hows it going, anons. Recently a friend of mine gave me some pearsons books with missing CDs. Does anyone know if I can get it (and possibly where).
Not that the books are unusable without it, just thought it would be nice to have.
>>
I'm currently deleting stuff I don't need and I have the 2001 version. I remember there's books that have a pdf and an epub, and was thinking about deleting the pdf ones, since I read things without images on my Kobo. Am I doing the right thing, or should I keep the pdf and then convert when I want to read? I don't know the difference.
>>
Also for OP, you might want to use 7zip ultra compression method. Output file is smaller and files can still be accessed easily.
>>
>>1282591
If you have Kindle Scribe or any e-reader with 10+inch screen, pdfs are quite readable. Converting pdf to mobi/epub/azw3 for a 6incher is not advised because of poor formatting. Don't delete the Pdfs in any case I will say.
>>
>>1283195
I didn't say anything about converting nor did I say I have a 10+ inch Kobo. Keep the PDFs in case of what? If it's ones with only text, what's the point? Just seems like hoarding to me.
>>
>>1281560
yo, just wanted to inform OP that it appears that '2. Ancient & Classical Civilizations/Ancient Greece/Mythology/Richard Buxton - The Complete World of Greek Mythology (3).pdf' contains, in addition to the work by Buxton (in what seems to be rather low quality, but OCRed nonetheless), an appended epub of David Icke's 'Perceptions of a Renegade Mind'. I really doubt this is what the original pdf contained, so I suspect you got this shared to you by someone on Discord as a joke/troll or whatever, or my unrar command is broke. I recommend either removing the file or at least removing the appended book at page 265. It would probably bite someone one day if they used this torrent without knowledge of this, considering it contains some rather interesting content...
>>
up
>>
>>1281560
Finally
Time to increase the data hoard
>>
bump
>>
sometimes I wish I could have unlimited storage and spend all day downloading books I'll never read unless there is an apocalyptic event
>>
>>1289406
you don't even need that much storage, books3 is 100GiB and that is a large percentage of all of Bibliotik (some 200000 books). Most of the space in these book collections comes from scanned PDFs or pictures embedded in the books.
>>
>>1289459
>books3
Where can I find that?
>>
>>1289462
>https://btdig.com/0d366035664fdf51cfbe9f733953ba325776e667/books3
lrn2search (no idea if this has seeds though, but look around and you should be able to find it)
>>
>>1289464
I already found this, but it's just the plaintext dataset version. I'm asking about the epubs.
>>
>>1289465
oh the original the-eye dump? The dump itself was lost a couple years ago when the-eye had data failure. I believe there is some torrents of it on their discord, but I'm not sure if they are seeded. IIRC the total size of the original Bibliotik dump was a couple terabytes.
>>
>>1289466
bummer
and BIB is still impossible
>>
>>1289467
mind you, IIRC library genesis (I think it was the libgen.is version) integrated the Bibliotik dump into their system, so the largest dataset would be from them. You can find torrents of their nonfiction and fiction books at https://libgen.is/repository_torrent/ and https://libgen.is/fiction/repository_torrent/ respectively. You'll also need to download the database to actually know which book is which file. Also I think Anna's Archive has those torrents too, in addition to a bunch of other datasets. I believe the sum total of all of Libgen is like 50 terabytes, though last I checked the database (a couple years ago) a large portion of that is in a minority of very very large nonfiction PDFs, which if you don't download, gets the sum to some more reasonable number.
>>
>>1289468
Yeah, Anna's Archive is great since it indexes multiple databases, it's just that a lot of epubs are shitty OCRs which is not immediately obvious so you spend a lot of time finding the proper version if any. I hear bib has great curation, so I was thinking it would solve this particular issue.
>>
>>1289469
yeah libgen and zlib (the two that Anna has datasets of, ignoring scihub) don't have the greatest quality control. MAM isn't too hard to join and is a little better than those in quality control, but still a little less anal about perfect retails than BiB. Blame the people who made the books3 dataset (and on a lesser level Archivist from the-eye for the dump) for that, because they blasted Bibliotik's name into the public, making them shut down invites. Not that long ago, you could get in from RED. Though according to https://inviteroute.github.io/graph/, BiB isn't impossible, but it'll take a year or so before you could get in if you're new to this scene. On a separate note, I didn't know BTN also started recruiting, it appears a lot of impossibles have become possible again.
>>
>>1289471
>according to https://inviteroute.github.io/graph/, BiB isn't impossible
the recruitment threads are there, but they are not actually recruiting anyone since quite a while because of the publicity thing and probably won't for years
>>
>>1289472
is that so, you're more informed on this than me then. It is a shame people name drop these trackers, it'd be best to just say you curated these books yourself instead of giving credit where credit's (not) due.
>>
>>1281560
This fucking rules. Thanks man.
>>
>>1281560
Based. What does it mean by "Missing", though? Just missing some pages?
>>
Hey OP, here's a reupload of the Precolumbian Americas (though mostly Aztec, Maya, etc stuff in Mesoamerican) book mega from /his/ before it got taken down

https://easyupload.io/xt1yr6
https://easyupload.io/88hzaf
https://easyupload.io/hp57tz

This will be up for 30 days, so download it before it does, and feel free to add it to your stuff. There's around 20gb of stuff here, if this is too much, let me know and we can talk about which specific books to add or not to your collection.

The actual mega will get reuploaded with a ton of additional books and content at some point, even when it was taken down it was pretty out of date
>>
File: ngcfun-third.png (2.32 MB, 1483x1197)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB PNG
nebula
>>
up
>>
>>1291319
>future releases or books to be scanned, either way missing
Sounds like "Not published yet or not yet scanned"
>>
up
>>
up
>>
>>1281560
>800GB

How the fuck do you read 800GB of text in your lifetime
If my internet was better i would seed this for the rest of my life tho

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.